PDA

View Full Version : Rudy Fernandez on Dwight Howard Gif

bigkingsfan
08-24-2008, 04:43 AM
Dunk of the tournament
http://i36.tinypic.com/mkynva.gif

tian820
08-24-2008, 04:47 AM
Quick work, haha. Sick though... Even though this game was on so late/early (however you look at it), I still almost jumped up when I saw that. Didn't think Rudy could get up like that, Portland looks smart once again with him. He's a keeper

kaiteng
08-24-2008, 04:48 AM
:bowdown: Rudy.

Hotlantadude81
08-24-2008, 04:49 AM
Dwight Howard is overrated.

High Potential
08-24-2008, 04:50 AM
Dunk of the year, NBA, Euroleague, whatever.

I did not know the dude could get up like that, and even though Spain lost, just the time Rudy did that dunk and the fact that it was on Dwight Howard...well I'm just going to say Rudy Fernandez has massive cajones.

RoseCity07
08-24-2008, 04:53 AM
Lol at Dwight, he is starting to turn into Yao Ming. Getting dunked on by everyone. This is going to hang over Dwight's head forever. Got dunked on by a 6-6 spanish guard. It feels like a win for Blazer fans winning this game.

Rudy killed it, lead Spain in scoring in just 17 minutes of play. Fouled out on a cheap call but still a good game. Then on the other end Nate McMillan gets a gold medal.

DuMa
08-24-2008, 04:54 AM
this was after kobe gambled and failed to get the steal.

Myth
08-24-2008, 04:55 AM
Quick work, haha. Sick though... Even though this game was on so late/early (however you look at it), I still almost jumped up when I saw that. Didn't think Rudy could get up like that, Portland looks smart once again with him. He's a keeper

Look up his highlights on youtube. The man is a highlight machine. Plenty of alley-oop highlights.

Noob Saibot
08-24-2008, 04:55 AM
my friend is a HUGE Dwight Howard fan, always comparing him to Shaq. He aint no Shaq! when Rudy flushed it past Howard, he got quiet for moment and then went WHOA!!! I was going crazy!!!! haha! anyway i kept trying to tell em Bosh was outplaying Howard down in the post during these game, but he didnt wanna believe! so funny when Dwight got flushed on! :lol

Quata
08-24-2008, 04:56 AM
Yeh that was a pretty wicked slam. Another great one from the olympics:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX2rrtLhuJk
Andrew Bogut dunks on some russian guy

RoseCity07
08-24-2008, 05:05 AM
Rudy Fernandez signature move is catching lob passes on the base line and reverse slamming them. Guy is an athletic freak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXAucLSrYv8

WildStyle
08-24-2008, 05:17 AM
Dwight sucks.

JSub
08-24-2008, 05:18 AM
Lol at Dwight, he is starting to turn into Yao Ming. Getting dunked on by everyone. This is going to hang over Dwight's head forever. Got dunked on by a 6-6 spanish guard. It feels like a win for Blazer fans winning this game.

Rudy killed it, lead Spain in scoring in just 17 minutes of play. Fouled out on a cheap call but still a good game. Then on the other end Nate McMillan gets a gold medal.

Dwight turning into a player that's better than him is a COMPLIMENT, you fool

KenneBell
08-24-2008, 05:21 AM

Why should it hand over his head? He already been dunked on by a couple of his USA teammates. TIm Duncan has the same problem. If you are center not named Shaquille O'Neal, you are probably going to get dunked on more than any other player on the court.

Sharas
08-24-2008, 05:21 AM
kevin pritchard is one smart dude.

Undisputed
08-24-2008, 05:22 AM
Rudy threw that down like a champ. That was definitely the dunk of the tournament.

Nice find on the gif.

Resurrection
08-24-2008, 05:23 AM
Not even "Jesus" could have saved Dwight's ass from being posterized!!! That was so friggin' sweet! :rockon:

Bynum > Howard

Allstar24
08-24-2008, 05:24 AM
:roll: @ Dwight.

What a dunk by R. Fernandez!

RoseCity07
08-24-2008, 05:29 AM
Dwight turning into a player that's better than him is a COMPLIMENT, you fool

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll73/annthefan/Rudy/rudy.jpg
U Mad at Rudy Bruh?

Kobe24
08-24-2008, 05:30 AM
Not even "Jesus" could have saved Dwight's ass from being posterized!!! That was so friggin' sweet! :rockon:

Bynum > Howard

Fact.

LJJ
08-24-2008, 05:30 AM
Even my dad jumped out of his seat, and he doesn't even like basketball.

Lebron23
08-24-2008, 05:34 AM
I hope Demar Derozan dunk on Old Man Gasol in the 2010 FIBA World Championship.

Resurrection
08-24-2008, 05:35 AM
Out of the players who played major minutes, Dwight Howard was the least impressive and IMO was exposed for being grossly overrated. Had Bynum been healthy, he would have been a much better fit than Howard. No question about it.

Kobe24
08-24-2008, 05:37 AM
Out of the players who played major minutes, Dwight Howard was the least impressive and IMO was exposed for being grossly overrated. Had Bynum been healthy, he would have been a much better fit than Howard. No question about it.

Absolutely agreed. Bynum is just as good as a rebounder or even better than Howard and he can create his own shots.

Noob Saibot
08-24-2008, 05:38 AM
Howard>Bynum. not hatin on Bynum, he's a raw player too, but Howard's still a bit athletically superior. now im going to sleep.

KenneBell
08-24-2008, 05:39 AM
Had Bynum been healthy, he would have been a much better fit than Howard. No question about it.
:oldlol:

JSub
08-24-2008, 05:40 AM
Absolutely agreed. Bynum is just as good as a rebounder or even better than Howard and he can create his own shots.

If people say Dwight is better than Yao Ming, and YOU say Bynum is better than Dwight, then does that mean Bynum is the greatest center in the league? Get the F outta here :oldlol:

VeeCee15
08-24-2008, 05:41 AM
Exactly why I stopped watching the NBA.

The reffing is so biased that it makes watching NBA games lame.

Dwight Howard has NO GAME and in the NBA, he just gets freebies
at the stripe.

ronnymac
08-24-2008, 05:53 AM
I've said it over and over again. the blazers won thirteen games in arow last year with a vastly inexpierenced team. now they've got atleast a year under there belt and are adding a great SG in rudy. there gonna be a great team. i think there better the mavs and the suns. maybe even better then the clippers. i wouldnt be suprised if they finish top 5.

NastaMaverick
08-24-2008, 05:54 AM
I hope Demar Derozan dunk on Old Man Gasol in the 2010 FIBA World Championship.
:oldlol: whats up with you man-crush on him?

loot
08-24-2008, 05:58 AM
:roll: :roll:

Bynum > Howard

how is bynum > howard??

bynum will be good, but why say this now already? is it so hard to have some patience...or to admit some player on the lakers actually isnt the best at their position in the game?

6th man of the year - machine
mvp - kobe
roy last year - farmar
mip farmar

get outta here with that crap every year laker fans. every fa you sign will be a great player, every rookie you draft will be an all star. stop that ****.

berraco
08-24-2008, 06:49 AM

I did not know the dude could get up like that, and even though Spain lost, just the time Rudy did that dunk and the fact that it was on Dwight Howard...well I'm just going to say Rudy Fernandez has massive cojones.
Fixed. I think that was the word you were trying to find, unless you know how many drawers Rudy has at home :)

I think I've found my new avvy. Thanks to the OP!

el_locoteee
08-24-2008, 06:51 AM
Kobe is the one that should be in that Dunk his gamble put DH in a poster.

RoseCity07
08-24-2008, 07:06 AM
Every thing you need to know about why Blazer fans love Rudy is in the mix:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzaRAZ_yNTQ

Some guy posted his stats in a comment with that video. Shooting something like 59% from 2pt FG range, 91% FT. He gets insanely lucky at about 3:25 in the video. Also the dunk at the end is like the one he did on Dwight.

loot
08-24-2008, 07:11 AM
Kobe is the one that should be in that Dunk his gamble put DH in a poster.

That's the case with about 80% of the posters out there on kid's walls.

WildStyle
08-24-2008, 07:21 AM
I don't even think a Euro team will want to sign Dwight now. He has been exposed. Kwame>>>>Dwight.

Lebron23
08-24-2008, 07:34 AM
That was a great dunk, but it doesn't make Dwight Howard a lesser player in the NBA.

Howard is still the numero uno Center in the NBA unless Yao Ming is healthy in the regular season/playoffs.

StroShow4
08-24-2008, 08:49 AM

it was nice, but i don't know about that. he kind of dunked around him more than actually dunking on him. don't get me wrong, it was still a sick dunk though. :applause:

gpfanz
08-24-2008, 09:09 AM
Epic moment loved it :party:

Collie
08-24-2008, 09:23 AM
Rudy impresses me... his style of game translates well to the NBA. He's like a Euro version of the great NBA shooting guards.

Heretik32
08-24-2008, 09:51 AM

You got any other hobbies apart from jacking off to your Lakers? And hating Lebron, of course?

Vendetta
08-24-2008, 09:57 AM
Most of the people in this thread are ****ing retarded. Someone blew a defensive assignment and he was able to get past Howard. Howard could have easily let him dunk it and not looked bad but instead he tried to block it and you're faulting him for that? Get the **** out of here.

InspiredLebowski
08-24-2008, 10:03 AM
While a nice dunk, it isn't ON Dwight Howard. I'd need to see the full play to see what happened, but it looks like Howard got caught in a mismatch and got beat off the dribble.

DCL
08-24-2008, 10:05 AM
rudy ain't even got a fraction of prime ginobili's athleticism, yet he punked on dwight like that.

i don't care if dwight was late. he should had gotten that swat but fool looked like yao ming in that sequence.

Rameek
08-24-2008, 10:05 AM
i dont see how this is a dunk on when DH was coming from behind and had a step:rolleyes:
but what ever floats your boats...:rolleyes:

anchoa
08-24-2008, 10:07 AM
Most of the people in this thread are ****ing retarded. Someone blew a defensive assignment and he was able to get past Howard. Howard could have easily let him dunk it and not looked bad but instead he tried to block it and you're faulting him for that? Get the **** out of here.

true. give all the credit to rudy, but don't mock on howard just for doing the effort to block it, it's so childish. and I'm from spain and I don't even like howard.

Da KO King
08-24-2008, 10:14 AM
The responses in this thread lead me to call this play the most over-rated thing of the entire Olympics.

Rudy Fernandez has a full step and a half on Dwight Howard. Howard jumped in hopes that Fernandez would either go for a layup or **** it back before slamming it. Fernandez did neither leaving Howard with absolutely no chance at making a play.

Second point, Fernandez is NOT guaranteed to be a good NBA player. Has the tools needed to be quality but it is not a lock to happen.

InspiredLebowski
08-24-2008, 10:14 AM
That play just happened on the replay. They gave him a ludicrous and one. Kobe overplayed it and laid Howard out to dry.

VeeCee15
08-24-2008, 10:17 AM
Does Kobe know how to play Defense?

Rudy blew by him almost every single time.

If someone actually D'ed up Rudy better...game wouldn't have been close.
Should have put Wade on Rudy.

juju151111
08-24-2008, 10:33 AM
STF^ Centers and PF get dunked on all the time.Stop acting like this is the first time a center got dunked on.Hakeem Got dunked on shaq got dunked on.Stop act like retards

JJ81
08-24-2008, 10:39 AM
Dwight Howard is overrated.

You say that just because he got dunked on? He's an amazing inside defender, his rebounding and blocking numbers are top of the NBA, he has mad hops for a 7 footer and he's probably the strongest player in the world...

wang4three
08-24-2008, 10:41 AM
Great dunk, but I still find Rudy's dribble to be really awkward. It doesn't seem right.

Da KO King
08-24-2008, 10:48 AM
Great dunk, but I still find Rudy's dribble to be really awkward. It doesn't seem right.
It's not just you homie. Honestly I can't think of a single instance of him beating a defender clean off a skilled offensive move and not a defensive error.

gpfanz
08-24-2008, 11:09 AM

it doesnt seem right because he broke Kobe n co ankles? :roll:

i hope ur satisfied with Ricky Rubio's ankle breakers thou :applause:

Godfather
08-24-2008, 11:22 AM
The responses in this thread lead me to call this play the most over-rated thing of the entire Olympics.

Rudy Fernandez has a full step and a half on Dwight Howard. Howard jumped in hopes that Fernandez would either go for a layup or **** it back before slamming it. Fernandez did neither leaving Howard with absolutely no chance at making a play.

Second point, Fernandez is NOT guaranteed to be a good NBA player. Has the tools needed to be quality but it is not a lock to happen.

/agreed

This was in no way Howards fault if anything this thread should be named Rudy walking past Kobe gif (though the dunk seemed impressive). And if Rudy was a lock to be a good player why would have he had fallen to the 2nd round. Yes NBA teams make mistakes and let players fall, but there are very few players from the Second round who make a significent impact (NBA scouts are very impressive). Every year a secound round player does something to impress us we then overate him and when he plays poorly people think he fails when in reality he was doomed to play that way anyways.

Paladin55
08-24-2008, 11:29 AM
true. give all the credit to rudy, but don't mock on howard just for doing the effort to block it, it's so childish. and I'm from spain and I don't even like howard.

I have a lot of problems with Howard's total game, but this was just a great and unexpected play by Fernandez- and people are foolish for looking down at Howard for being part of this play. The big men on my team- Randolph and Curry would have been standing by- feet on the floor- admiring the shot.

Actually reminds me of Starks dunk on Horace Grant and Jordan in the 1993 playoffs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMXuEGs_3kA

What makes both dunks special is when they took place, not necessarily the dunk itself.

Fernandez now has his place in Olympic History, but I am sure he would give up this shot for Gold.

Maniak
08-24-2008, 11:32 AM
man that was a sick dunk! glad i got to see it live! :D

Da KO King
08-24-2008, 11:34 AM
/agreed

This was in no way Howards fault if anything this thread should be named Rudy walking past Kobe gif (though the dunk seemed impressive). And if Rudy was a lock to be a good player why would have he had fallen to the 2nd round. Yes NBA teams make mistakes and let players fall, but there are very few players from the Second round who make a significent impact (NBA scouts are very impressive). Every year a secound round player does something to impress us we then overate him and when he plays poorly people think he fails when in reality he was doomed to play that way anyways.
Honestly I think the Rudy Fernandez love has to do with the "it boy" status of Kevin Pritchard. Right now people think of him as an infallible executive so for Fernandez not to suck means "the genius in Portland" found a gem again.

In reality, Fernandez is a good foreign player who has the athleticism to play in the NBA. We will see if his game can stand up to the league.

kumquat
08-24-2008, 11:40 AM
Honestly I think the Rudy Fernandez love has to do with the "it boy" status of Kevin Pritchard. Right now people think of him as an infallible executive so for Fernandez not to suck means "the genius in Portland" found a gem again.

In reality, Fernandez is a good foreign player who has the athleticism to play in the NBA. We will see if his game can stand up to the league.

The pick being made by kevin pritchard has nothing to do with anything. It's the fact that Rudy was the best player in Europe by far and has received just about every accolade he can get.

Paladin55
08-24-2008, 11:42 AM
It's not just you homie. Honestly I can't think of a single instance of him beating a defender clean off a skilled offensive move and not a defensive error.

Did you actually watch the game this morning?? He was using behind the back moves like our guys use crossover dribbles.

There was a lot to criticize about his game in the finals, but ball handling is not one of them.

So when someone you don't like does something good, it is not through any kind of skill on his part, but because the other guy made a mistake.

Interesting...you ever think that Rubio just might have the ability to cause people to make mistakes?

Da KO King
08-24-2008, 11:55 AM
The pick being made by kevin pritchard has nothing to do with anything. It's the fact that Rudy was the best player in Europe by far and has received just about every accolade he can get.
:lol at the "best player in europe" comment.

Rudy Fernandez was a taken #24 overall by Phoenix and then traded to Portland in 2007. Not a peep was heard about Fernandez until this past draft when everyone hopped on Pritchard's sack because he "tricked" the league into "allowing" Jerryd Bayless to fall into his lap. After that people began talking about Fernandez as though he was going to be a NBA all star.

EDIT: apparently the rolleyes icon doesn't work.

jamal99
08-24-2008, 11:56 AM
/agreed

He was 24th pick and that ain't second round...

Godfather
08-24-2008, 12:00 PM
He was 24th pick and that ain't second round...

You are right my mistake :banghead:

Da KO King
08-24-2008, 12:06 PM
Did you actually watch the game this morning?? He was using behind the back moves like our guys use crossover dribbles.

There was a lot to criticize about his game in the finals, but ball handling is not one of them.

So when someone you don't like does something good, it is not through any kind of skill on his part, but because the other guy made a mistake.

Interesting...you ever think that Rubio just might have the ability to cause people to make mistakes?
Rubio???

Making a defender make a mistake through a move is not a mistake on the defender's part. It's getting beat. A defensive error are things like overplays on screens, guarding to force to help when there is no help, etc.

Also because a guy uses a behind the back move does not mean his ball handling skill isn't limited.

fiad06
08-24-2008, 12:18 PM
Dwight sucks because Rudy dunked while he was ahead of him? Dwight would of blocked the **** out of that ball if Rudy diddnt push Dwights arm out before he dunked.

There was no way in hell Rudy could of dunked that if Dwight was infront of him.

icewill36
08-24-2008, 12:18 PM
nice clear out....

Drexler-Roy
08-24-2008, 12:30 PM
As has already been mentioned Rudy was a first round pick.Rudy also fell to the 24th because his buyout clause the first year was quite high and he was earning very good money in Europe(he is taking a pay cut to come over this year).If it weren't for the buyout and the good money he was already getting paid he would have been a lottery pick and likely a high lottery pick at that

blazerjimmy
08-24-2008, 12:40 PM
I don't know where this "no one started talking about Fernandez until this year's draft" stuff is coming from, but a lot of Blazer fans have been talking about and excited about him since we traded $$$ to the Suns for him. :confusedshrug:

Lot of us were hoping that he'd be on last year's squad.

This is the second European talent we've 'bought' from the Suns - the other being Sergio Rodriguez - ironically, both are Spaniards. Sergio has had his ups and downs - but he's our 3rd point guard.

I think most Blazers fans are interested in their potential and to them being good 'fits' for our team as opposed to thinking that they're going to come in and lead us to a championship...........

Da KO King
08-24-2008, 12:47 PM
I don't know where this "no one started talking about Fernandez until this year's draft" stuff is coming from, but a lot of Blazer fans...
I was referring to the non-Blazer fan public and how Fernandez went from being a good foreign talent to getting hype to the point that people think he'll come to the NBA and move Brandon Roy from his SG into the PG just so Fernandez can get starting minutes.

Grinder
08-24-2008, 12:47 PM
Fact.

LMAO. You're an idiot and should be "banned for that comment"

Sounds like everyone is overloading the Rudy bandwagon.

Paladin55
08-24-2008, 12:51 PM
Rubio???

Making a defender make a mistake through a move is not a mistake on the defender's part. It's getting beat. A defensive error are things like overplays on screens, guarding to force to help when there is no help, etc.

Also because a guy uses a behind the back move does not mean his ball handling skill isn't limited.

My mistake- I blanked out- for some reason I saw Rudy and thought Rubio.:banghead:

And your comment about Fernandez as a ball handler has some merit.

JordanL
08-24-2008, 01:10 PM

Dude, what the **** is your problem. Even when a thread is not about the Blazers, you continually make it about how overrated you think the Blazers are.

Don't use your irrational hatred for the Blazers as a way to take away from Rudy's talent/accomplishment. He's a damn fine player no matter where he's playing.

Godfather
08-24-2008, 01:13 PM
Dude, what the **** is your problem. Even when a thread is not about the Blazers, you continually make it about how overrated you think the Blazers are.

Don't use your irrational hatred for the Blazers as a way to take away from Rudy's talent/accomplishment. He's a damn fine player no matter where he's playing.

Don't get angry over a valid point made. He is rationally showing the overrated nature of international players in their entirety and how they always have trouble transitioning to the NBA.

stewen12
08-24-2008, 01:14 PM
Rudy Fernanadez is the biggest actor. He just runs directly into people try to draw the foul and then falls. The Best Dunk was Wang ZHi ZHi on Lebron or Dwight

blazerjimmy
08-24-2008, 01:14 PM
I was referring to the non-Blazer fan public and how Fernandez went from being a good foreign talent to getting hype to the point that people think he'll come to the NBA and move Brandon Roy from his SG into the PG just so Fernandez can get starting minutes.

Oh - gotcha...I've heard some talk about Roy possibly playing minutes at PG, but it was more in reference to getting Bayless more touches/time at SG - I can't imagine Nate moving Roy there to give a starting position to a guy who hasn't even played with any of his Blazer teammates......

Honestly, when I saw the dunk I got really excited and then I kind of groaned, thinking of how much potential for one dunk to get totally over blown in the media.........and on here..........

Da KO King
08-24-2008, 01:24 PM

:oldlol: You're either insane or just waking up from a hang over because no place have I bad mouthed the Blazers. Only time I called the Blazers over-rated was when people start touting them as "next" because of a bunch of guys (Greg Oden, Rudy Fernandez, and Jerryd Bayless) who NEVER stepped foot on a NBA court. All I've done in this thread is speak on the brewing love affair with Fernandez.

Seriously, un-bunch you panties and actually read what was typed. No place on here have I been "anti-Blazer".

dr8ked
08-24-2008, 01:26 PM
Kobe set him up though. That was sick dunk.

Heretik32
08-24-2008, 01:31 PM
Funny how some guys go off like fricking fireworks if people somehow dare to criticise their heroes, be it individual players or (more uncommon) teams.

Hey folks, your mancrushes are grown up adults. They could defend themselves if they gave a rat's ass about what other people say about them. They don't need underage kids stepping up for them on internet boards.
And most of all... they wouldn't ever lift a finger to aid you in any way whatsoever. Heck, they probably wouldn't even stop to give you the time of day. So get your collective heads out of your ass and engage in grown-up conversation instead of getting out your e-balls every time you think someone disrespects the guy of your dreams.

Wordup
08-24-2008, 01:33 PM
Rudy Fernanadez is the biggest actor. He just runs directly into people try to draw the foul and then falls. The Best Dunk was Wang ZHi ZHi on Lebron or Dwight

Can you give me a link to this?

Paladin55
08-24-2008, 01:45 PM
Dwight sucks because Rudy dunked while he was ahead of him? Dwight would of blocked the **** out of that ball if Rudy diddnt push Dwights arm out before he dunked.

There was no way in hell Rudy could of dunked that if Dwight was infront of him.

Ahh... there is no way he would even try to dunk over Howard if Howard had position- he is probably too intelligent to make a direct frontal attack on a superior foe with a height advantage. (Check out The Art of War, by Sun Tzu)

There is no shame in what happened to Howard on that play- you are the guys who make the in "your face" "posterized" dunks more important than they are, and see them as some kind of absolute determiner for deciding who the best players are.

Fernandez is going to be a nice complimentary player on a team that could be great at some point. He rose to the occasion in a big game on a world stage, and made the most spectacular shot in the Olympics this year. Doesn't mean he will be a superstar, but you have to give the guy some credit for coming up big when it counted.

High Potential
08-24-2008, 01:45 PM
Bynum>>>Howard. First of all, Bynum is a legit 7'1", while Howard is about 6'10" at best. Secondly, Bynum has the GOAT post player as a mentor and has pulled out many varied moves, Kareem has stated he only used about 10% of the moves he knows in game. All Bynum needs to learn is counters and he will be unstoppable on O. Secondly, Bynum destroys undersized guys like Amare and Dwight Howard like it's nobody's business everytime he goes up against them.

Howard still has no semblance of a back to the basket game. His footwork is incredibly poor. He gets by on strength and athleticism alone, and the FIBA game exposed him for what he is.

bdreason
08-24-2008, 01:48 PM
Awesome play.

Kobe blew it on that one. Props to Howard for even trying to block that.

What's funny is after the play, on the free line, it looked like Kobe was trying to blame Howard, haha.

High Potential
08-24-2008, 01:49 PM
shaq got dunked on.
When? By who???:confusedshrug:

Godfather
08-24-2008, 01:53 PM

:banghead: It was Yi Jianlian on a putback against Carmelo Anthony...

Wang Zhizhi is a heavy set center who couldn't dunk on anyone over 6'7'' (only had 4 points against USA all FT's)

Sharas
08-24-2008, 01:53 PM

Rudy Fernandez was a taken #24 overall by Phoenix and then traded to Portland in 2007. Not a peep was heard about Fernandez until this past draft when everyone hopped on Pritchard's sack because he "tricked" the league into "allowing" Jerryd Bayless to fall into his lap. After that people began talking about Fernandez as though he was going to be a NBA all star.

he was certainly among the best overall, and for sure the best young player. he'd go much higher if he was in this year's draft.

Meticode
08-24-2008, 01:54 PM
Dear Kobe Bryant,

I am disappointed in you in some aspect of the games. Especially letting the .gif of Dwight Howard getting dunked on being made.

Paladin55
08-24-2008, 02:00 PM
Funny how some guys go off like fricking fireworks if people somehow dare to criticise their heroes, be it individual players or (more uncommon) teams.

Hey folks, your mancrushes are grown up adults. They could defend themselves if they gave a rat's ass about what other people say about them. They don't need underage kids stepping up for them on internet boards.
And most of all... they wouldn't ever lift a finger to aid you in any way whatsoever. Heck, they probably wouldn't even stop to give you the time of day. So get your collective heads out of your ass and engage in grown-up conversation instead of getting out your e-balls every time you think someone disrespects the guy of your dreams.
Always enjoy this kind of post, especially when they go after mancrush crowd.

Have not been around here long, but about 75% of the posts and a good % of threads, are ruined by the kind of people you are going after here.

Could it be, though, that players do care about what is being said about them. Not from any specific internet board, but from friends who tell them things they hear to see on the internet, or comments they hear other players or writers make in the media? I do know that some players use this type of thing as motivation. Dwayne Wade seems to be doing that now. Jordan would always use comments by other players as motivation.

Just a thought.

GOBB
08-24-2008, 02:04 PM

Because its against Team USA people add extra mayo and cheese on it.

wang4three
08-24-2008, 02:29 PM
it doesnt seem right because he broke Kobe n co ankles? :roll:

i hope ur satisfied with Ricky Rubio's ankle breakers thou :applause:
Rubio? When did he come in here? I'm talking about Fernandez. Kobe? At what point was he in play. It was broken play in which Rudy capitalized on. I said Great dunk, did you read that?

I'm talking about his game. Sorry if I offended your lover.

Kobe24
08-24-2008, 02:35 PM
One terrible mistake by Kobe and now he's getting attacked. Sad. Despite him completely destroying Navarro in the first few mins in the game and then forcing him to sit out due to "fatigue". Then, he gets switched on Rudy and plays GREAT D on him except for that one play where he try to sneak from behind. I won't even mention what the MVP did on the offensive side.

Paladin55
08-24-2008, 02:47 PM
The moment, as well as who it was against, is what gave it meaning to me.

Opponent: Team USA- the gods of the game. (the David vs Goliath thing)

The Stage: Gold medal game, near the end of the game and the game still in doubt.

The Play: Spectacular, and totally unexpected.

I'm suffering because I stayed up to see it, but it was a great game to watch.

One terrible mistake by Kobe and now he's getting attacked. Sad. Despite him completely destroying Navarro in the first few mins in the game and then forcing him to sit out due to "fatigue". Then, he gets switched on Rudy and plays GREAT D on him except for that one play where he try to sneak from behind. I won't even mention what the MVP did on the offensive side.
Some of you guys are just too insecure. Does your self-esteem depend on how your mancrush plays on every little play? People attack your idol because the guys with the Kobie mancrushes (and this goes for the guys in love with James, Wade, etc. ) like you will make a big deal if he "destroys" a player (Navarro) who clearly has inferior physical skills and playing ability. When Kobe makes a bad play, though, you feel compelled to defend him in some way because you feel he has been insulted. If you elevate certain players to the level of a god, you are going to be attacked when he does something poorly.

Allstar24
08-24-2008, 02:58 PM
Can people just appreciate the play and move on? Everyone's throwing insults at Dwight or Kobe or Rudy. Grow up you immature fools.

iggy>
08-24-2008, 03:11 PM

Bynum > Howard
:rolleyes: . please, stfu.

All Net
08-24-2008, 03:18 PM
Was very impressed by Rudy all tourney long. Looking forward to seeing him play with the Blazers this year.

SHEED_ gangsta
08-24-2008, 03:22 PM
that Dunk made me fly off my chair and scream!!! and wake up my passed out friend lol. **** was NASTY the dunk alone was worth staying up late I wanted USA to lose tho oh well...

StroShow4
08-24-2008, 03:40 PM
Bynum>>>Howard. First of all, Bynum is a legit 7'1", while Howard is about 6'10" at best. Secondly, Bynum has the GOAT post player as a mentor and has pulled out many varied moves, Kareem has stated he only used about 10% of the moves he knows in game. All Bynum needs to learn is counters and he will be unstoppable on O. Secondly, Bynum destroys undersized guys like Amare and Dwight Howard like it's nobody's business everytime he goes up against them.

Howard still has no semblance of a back to the basket game. His footwork is incredibly poor. He gets by on strength and athleticism alone, and the FIBA game exposed him for what he is.

gyu
08-24-2008, 03:50 PM
Everybody 'faults' Yao when he gets on a poster :confusedshrug:

lilojmayo
08-24-2008, 03:52 PM
it add insult to injury and he disrespected Howard by hanging on the rim like your my by tch howard i think thats why we like it so much

RUdy got swag he is differenty going to be the next ginobili for the next 7-10yrs

him and ricky will be giving our future dream teams a headache in world championship and olympic play

lilojmayo
08-24-2008, 04:32 PM
rudy dunks reminds me of a few

MJ famous dunk on you broadcast looks so sweet this angle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HDdT1oBcXA

MJ hangs on a lil like ur a bytch just like rudy did
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIl2sNHwSqM&feature=related

Kevin Johnson dunking on the The Dream and hangs on rim
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifx_gRF-ouU

berraco
08-24-2008, 04:36 PM
it add insult to injury and he disrespected Howard by hanging on the ring like your my by tch howard i think thats why we like it so much

RUdy got swag he is differenty going to be the next ginobili for the next 7-10yrs

him and ricky will be giving our future dream teams a headache in world championship and olympic play
huh? Weren't you one of the guys saying that Ricky Rubio is overrated and will be destroyed by Brandon Jennings when they will play against each other in the euroleague this year? Changed your mind just because one game?

Kobe24
08-24-2008, 04:38 PM
Kobe made it rain on them hoes last night.

Heretik32
08-24-2008, 04:55 PM
Can people just appreciate the play and move on? Everyone's throwing insults at Dwight or Kobe or Rudy. Grow up you immature fools.

quoted & repped for the truth.

Heretik32
08-24-2008, 04:56 PM
Kobe made it rain on them hoes last night.

Those weren't hoes, those were spades.

kraze94
08-24-2008, 04:57 PM
On a side note, what was up with Dwight's dirty play? They showed a few clips of Dwight giving Pau a cheap shot after a play or a rebound.

I would never expect that type of play from Dwight, but now I know better.

el_locoteee
08-24-2008, 05:02 PM
On a side note, what was up with Dwight's dirty play? They showed a few clips of Dwight giving Pau a cheap shot after a play or a rebound.

I would never expect that type of play from Dwight, but now I know better.

He get away with that in NBA and he thinks thats how you get rebounds, Boozer is the same but international ball there is no bias towards superstar, the refs are bad and inconsistent but not bias. Thats why the call travels and fouls that no Nba ref will dare to call on a superstar.

Cangri
08-24-2008, 05:06 PM
Dunk of the tournament
Isn't that supposed to be an offensive foul? He clearly is pushing Howard's arm away.

el_locoteee
08-24-2008, 05:08 PM
Isn't that supposed to be an offensive foul? He clearly is pushing Howard's arm away.

No is not.

Paladin55
08-24-2008, 05:55 PM
So you were expecting him to try to make the shot with his left arm in what position?? He had no where else for it to go IMO.

A real question for all you shot blockers out there- would Howard have been better off using his right hand on the block??

My vertical leap has never been much more than 12" I would think, and I am 5'10", so blocks are something I worry about happening to me if I play, not something I think about doing to someone else.

Would he have been better off trying block it from behind with his right?

Just wondering.

loot
08-24-2008, 06:01 PM
So you were expecting him to try to make the shot with his left arm in what position?? He had no where else for it to go IMO.

A real question for all you shot blockers out there- would Howard have been better off using his right hand on the block??

My vertical leap has never been much more than 12" I would think, and I am 5'10", so blocks are something I worry about happening to me if I play, not something I think about doing to someone else.

Would he have been better off trying block it from behind with his right?

Just wondering.

his right arm is 2 feet too short for that

RoseCity07
08-24-2008, 06:13 PM

Wow, just wow. The reason he fell to 24 is because no team wanted to wait a year for him to come over. There was a good chance he would come over for even longer than that. He was making a lot of money over in europe and took a significant pay cut to come play for Portland. He would have been top 10 in this draft had he said he was coming over this year and was not drafted.

RoseCity07
08-24-2008, 06:17 PM

I noticed that too. At the end of the day though, we have Kevin Pritchard running things, not posters on ISH.

kumquat
08-24-2008, 06:55 PM

Nice one dumbass. The reason Rudy slipped was because like other Euros teams were afraid Rudy wouldn't come over. If you hadn't been paying attention here's all the accolades rudy collected before the current draft.

2001 FIBA Europe Under-16 Championship (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIBA_Europe_Under-16_Championship), Bronze Medal
2006 FIBA World Championship (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_FIBA_World_Championship), Gold Medal
EuroBasket 2007 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EuroBasket_2007), Silver Medal

2004 Copa del Rey de Baloncesto (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copa_del_Rey_de_Baloncesto) MVP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MVP)
2006 Catalan League (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalan_basketball_league) Winner
2006 FIBA EuroCup (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIBA_EuroCup) Winner
2006 FIBA EuroCup (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIBA_EuroCup) Final Four MVP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MVP)
Euroleague 2006-07 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euroleague_2006-07) Rising Star Award winner
2008 Catalan League (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalan_basketball_league) Winner
2008 Catalan League (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalan_basketball_league) MVP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MVP)
2008 Copa del Rey de Baloncesto (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copa_del_Rey_de_Baloncesto) Winner
2008 Copa del Rey de Baloncesto (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copa_del_Rey_de_Baloncesto) MVP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MVP)
2007-08 ULEB Cup (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ULEB_Cup_2007-08) Winner
2007-08 ULEB Cup (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ULEB_Cup_2007-08) Final MVP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MVP)
:rolleyes:

RoseCity07
08-24-2008, 06:57 PM
I thought he only had 3 MVP awards. He is even better than I thought, 5 time MVP Rudy Fernandez.:applause:

Jian001
08-24-2008, 07:04 PM
Dwight got the gold.

Rudy got the silver.

Thread over.

DCL
08-24-2008, 07:09 PM

he should had originally gone HARD with the left hand from the start instead of switching. howard went up pretty weak.

trying with the right hand first, then hesitating, and switching to the left wasn't too wise.

that made him extra late.

but he wasn't really that late right in the first place right when he jumped.

he could had pinned that sh!t to the backboard if he had been quicker mentally. this is the same guy who can stick his chin to the rim level. but he jumped up lazily and wasn't decisive enough.

a micro split second is an eternity when a guy is driving down the lane. howard's slow ass brain was sorta exposed in that sequence.

RoseCity07
08-24-2008, 07:10 PM
Dwight got the gold.

Rudy got the silver.

Thread over.

So did Michael Redd:roll:

What does that have to do with Rudy Fernandez breaking Kobe, getting picked up by Dwight, then Dwight getting blown by and get his face dunked on?:oldlol:

Da KO King
08-24-2008, 07:17 PM

Where do you guys come up with this stuff? Go look up Rudy Fernandez situation again. Let me know what you learn about his contract in Spain and his draft positioning.

BrianScalabrine
08-24-2008, 07:32 PM
Dwight is still young, he can still improve. But at this point, yes he's overrated. Can't believe people are thinking he's better than Yao Ming, the greatest center of the universe.

But, Dwight is better and less overrated than Amare. FACT.

RoseCity07
08-24-2008, 08:41 PM

Where do you guys come up with this stuff? Go look up Rudy Fernandez situation again. Let me know what you learn about his contract in Spain and his draft positioning.

http://mikebarrettsblog.blogspot.com/2008/03/pritchard-on-rudy-hes-coming.html

Fernandez was the 24th pick in the NBA Draft, but according to many, including Pritchard, would have been a top-five pick in this year's draft.

http://mikebarrettsblog.blogspot.com/2008/06/rudy-ends-speculation.html

Fernandez is passing up a lot of cash, at least in the short term, to come to the NBA. He could have chosen to stay in Europe and sign a new deal worth up to three times what his NBA rookie deal will be.

ZeN
08-24-2008, 08:46 PM
Dunk of the tournament

...that is beautiful.....

WildStyle
08-24-2008, 08:51 PM
My posts in this thread are sarcasm for those that couldn't tell (although it was pretty obvious).

You're all just jealous that you don't have Dwight on your team.

Da KO King
08-24-2008, 09:13 PM
Rose the first quote you put up is nothing but speculation on the part of Kevin Pritchard. It also has nothing to do with the actual point I made earlier about Rudy Fernandez going 24th in 2007. Why you feel it is some fact that proves your point is beyond me.

Also, I'm not seeing the relevance of your second quote. I think it is pretty well known that many foreign players lose out on money during their rookie contract.

JordanL
08-24-2008, 09:26 PM
:oldlol: You're either insane or just waking up from a hang over because no place have I bad mouthed the Blazers. Only time I called the Blazers over-rated was when people start touting them as "next" because of a bunch of guys (Greg Oden, Rudy Fernandez, and Jerryd Bayless) who NEVER stepped foot on a NBA court. All I've done in this thread is speak on the brewing love affair with Fernandez.

Seriously, un-bunch you panties and actually read what was typed. No place on here have I been "anti-Blazer".

You honestly think that I was talking about just this thread?

Really?

RoseCity07
08-24-2008, 09:29 PM
Rose the first quote you put up is nothing but speculation on the part of Kevin Pritchard. It also has nothing to do with the actual point I made earlier about Rudy Fernandez going 24th in 2007. Why you feel it is some fact that proves your point is beyond me.

Also, I'm not seeing the relevance of your second quote. I think it is pretty well known that many foreign players lose out on money during their rookie contract.

I'm starting to think it's pointless to find any information to prove a point. You call it speculation even though it's coming from a professional scout and talent evaluator (very successful one at that). You made a comment about his draft position being 24 like it wasn't impressive, I was pointing out that the Blazers GM thought of him very highly. So just whatever, Rudy is a bust, we should have just kept Zach Randolph's huge contact and not bought James Jones and the pick for 3 millions.

Godfather
08-24-2008, 09:30 PM
You honestly think that I was talking about just this thread?

Really?

Just because he doesn't agree with all your wet dreams and aspirations of multiple Portland NBA championships doesn't mean he is a Blazer hater.

Da KO King
08-24-2008, 09:36 PM
I'm starting to think it's pointless to find any information to prove a point. You call it speculation even though it's coming from a professional scout and talent evaluator (very successful one at that). You made a comment about his draft position being 24 like it wasn't impressive, I was pointing out that the Blazers GM thought of him very highly. So just whatever, Rudy is a bust, we should have just kept Zach Randolph's huge contact and not bought James Jones and the pick.
Speculation and opinions are not facts no matter who/what the source is.

Never said 24th was unimpressive. You either are over sensitive to any that is not a glowing endorsement of the Blazers or you simply aren't reading what is being typed.

JordanL
08-24-2008, 09:53 PM
Just because he doesn't agree with all your wet dreams and aspirations of multiple Portland NBA championships doesn't mean he is a Blazer hater.

You haven't seen me post at all if you think I'm a homer.

I've just seen several threads where Da KO King just makes completely reactionary statements about the team or the players on it.

Which to an extent I understand. Irrational fans are annoying no matter what team they are with. But that doesn't make it acceptable.

Lakers, for instance, have a LOT of fans that fall into that category, but most of the posters here, no matter how frustrating it gets, still try to stay intelligent themselves.

Reactionary knee-jerk statements usually sound just as stupid as the statements you're reacting to.

Godfather
08-24-2008, 10:12 PM
You haven't seen me post at all if you think I'm a homer.

I've just seen several threads where Da KO King just makes completely reactionary statements about the team or the players on it.

Which to an extent I understand. Irrational fans are annoying no matter what team they are with. But that doesn't make it acceptable.

Lakers, for instance, have a LOT of fans that fall into that category, but most of the posters here, no matter how frustrating it gets, still try to stay intelligent themselves.

Reactionary knee-jerk statements usually sound just as stupid as the statements you're reacting to.

He has made rational points on how international players like Rudy are being overhyped. Instead of making a rational point back you told him to **** off and now you are saying he is making knee jerk reactions. If you can't defend your team just keep your fingers away from the keyboard and simply read.

JordanL
08-24-2008, 10:24 PM
He has made rational points on how international players like Rudy are being overhyped. Instead of making a rational point back you told him to **** off and now you are saying he is making knee jerk reactions. If you can't defend your team just keep your fingers away from the keyboard and simply read.

:rolleyes:

People like you fascinate me. You repeat what you believe as if I can't go back and actually see what happened.

His point was that Rudy hasn't earned his praise, people just suck Kevin Pritchards dick and Rudy benefits, which is entirely unfair to Rudy, and completely untrue.

I haven't seen a single Blazer fan (the people who trust Pritchard) change their tune about Fernandez at ALL, meaning that any new praise is due to him genuinely impressing non-Portland fans.

But I didn't want to argue with his point, I wanted to talk about the meta discssion about why he routinely ignores the difference between a Blazer fan and a person talking about the Blazers, and why his irrational behavior therein seems limitted only to Portland.

But of course the meta discussion was completely lost on you, and now I've had to explain not just what was explained/discussed, but how and why.

I know as a Laker fan, you probably don't have any love for the Blazers or Blazer fans, but Jesus, at least try and know what the **** you're talking about when you tell someone off.

RoseCity07
08-24-2008, 10:43 PM

That's pure speculation...see how that works.:cheers:

HeyIt'sMe
08-24-2008, 10:57 PM

You continually say that Bynum destroys Howard head-to-head, yet the numbers prove otherwise. You're a goober.

ShamRockStar
08-24-2008, 11:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeYGsg7Drb0

i like this view better and the german??? announcers, lmao

RoseCity07
08-24-2008, 11:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeYGsg7Drb0

i like this view better and the german??? announcers, lmao

Link doesn't work, video got taken down. Try this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6xYBA_vLms

Every time I look at it it's even more impressive. His last dribble was at the 3 point line. He did all the against the best players in the world in just 17 minutes. I mean first he breaks Kobe (one of the best defenders in the world) then he dunks on one of the worlds best shot blockers. Yep he's overrated.

Rockets(T-mac)
08-24-2008, 11:55 PM
Why should it hand over his head? He already been dunked on by a couple of his USA teammates. TIm Duncan has the same problem. If you are center not named Shaquille O'Neal, you are probably going to get dunked on more than any other player on the court.
Good post, people just don't seem to get this. If you get dunked on a lot it means you are actually trying to contest a shot. Tell is Alonzo Morning a bad defender or soft? He gets dunked on a lot too. I hate when people say your a bad defender or soft because you got dunked on.

crisoner
08-25-2008, 02:05 AM
Dwight is a great player...just won the gold and all. But you know that got to hurt his pride.

Paladin55
08-25-2008, 11:02 AM
Good post, people just don't seem to get this. If you get dunked on a lot it means you are actually trying to contest a shot. Tell is Alonzo Morning a bad defender or soft? He gets dunked on a lot too. I hate when people say your a bad defender or soft because you got dunked on.

Quite true, and also the reason why Curry and Randolph are never seen being dunked on.

Based on the reactions of some people, it seems better for a player's rep to let the opposition make the dunk and not even attempt to block it.

BlazersDozen
08-25-2008, 11:22 AM
I'm already having dreams of Rudy and Brandon on the floor at the same time in the fourth quarter. Oh my Jesus!

And also, nobody can say Rudy isn't NBA proven anylonger. He just put down a huge game against NBA All-Stars and future HOFers

Heretik32
08-25-2008, 11:32 AM
And also, nobody can say Rudy isn't NBA proven anylonger. He just put down a huge game against NBA All-Stars and future HOFers

Don't forget it was against NBA players playing out of their respective systems... heck, they were even playing out of their NBA ruleset. And don't forget the wear and tear a NBA season brings upon a player.

brantonli
08-25-2008, 11:39 AM
I'm already having dreams of Rudy and Brandon on the floor at the same time in the fourth quarter. Oh my Jesus!

Careful, 2 seasons ago, Vasslis Spanoulis scored 22 points against the same USA team, and have you even heard of him? Although Fernandez seems to be very NBA ready, but he would need the ball in his hands quite often, no?

Brunch@Five
08-25-2008, 11:41 AM
Don't forget it was against NBA players playing out of their respective systems... heck, they were even playing out of their NBA ruleset. And don't forget the wear and tear a NBA season brings upon a player.

Yap, and Rudy played the exact same system he played with his club. Also, the seasons in Spain, which include the Europe-wide competitions, don't bring any wear and tear upon a player.

BlazersDozen
08-25-2008, 11:55 AM
Careful, 2 seasons ago, Vasslis Spanoulis scored 22 points against the same USA team, and have you even heard of him? Although Fernandez seems to be very NBA ready, but he would need the ball in his hands quite often, no?

Actually I have, didn't he play for Greece? See the difference there is that he was the only actually pretty good scorer for Greece while Spain has a ton of them.

I see people's points though, but you people have to remember that Fernandez is coming off the bench and not starting.

Also, are you saying that these NBA All-Stars are system players? Only time I hear that is when a good role player moves teams and completely sucks. Never heard it for All-Stars.

Heretik32
08-25-2008, 12:11 PM
Also, the seasons in Spain, which include the Europe-wide competitions, don't bring any wear and tear upon a player.

You seriously want to compare 34 regular season games with 82 regular season games?

icantlose
08-25-2008, 01:16 PM
You seriously want to compare 34 regular season games with 82 regular season games?

They were a few more. This season:

ACB: 34 games
King's Cup: 3 games
ULEB Cup: 17 games

Total (without play-off games): 54 games.

Xsatyr
08-25-2008, 01:33 PM
The dunk was more around Dwight then actually on him, would have been better if it was in his face. But still a nice dunk to watch.

veilside23
08-25-2008, 01:35 PM
Dwight is a great player...just won the gold and all. But you know that got to hurt his pride.

I think not.. CP3 dunked on d12 and its a better dunk than this. he just tried to help clearly he was once step back than rudy i bet if howard was in a better position this would happen. the play is really good and would really give people info about what rudy fernandez can do.. it might not translate well to the nba we will never know but im pretty sure that blazers will make good use of him. on the other hand just because dwight howard cant do his 20/14 average in the olympics says that he is bad wait for this coming season and see how dwight will dominate again ... :confusedshrug:

Xsatyr
08-25-2008, 01:35 PM

Not the same rules, plenty of players do good against USA and struggle in the NBA. You can't say anyone is NBA proven until they play in the NBA, sorry.

Paradyne
08-25-2008, 03:20 PM
What in Rudy's game isn't going to translate into the NBA?

Heretik32
08-25-2008, 03:59 PM
What in Rudy's game isn't going to translate into the NBA?

You can never tell beforehand. It's just that the number of European guards that succeed in the NBA is incredibly small. But I can definitely see Rudy as an energy bench guy in the league.

Of course, given my recent success rate with predicting Scola as a bust and Marc Gasol as a probable bust (which I still stand tall for), it'll probably turn out completely different. Which would be good for Rudy.

R.I.P.
08-25-2008, 04:07 PM

I

NewYorkUSCtrojan
08-25-2008, 04:10 PM
insane!

brandonislegend
08-25-2008, 04:12 PM
kobe's dunk on dwight howard was 10x better...it was ON him instead of AROUND him.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/xwikdx/KobeBryant1.jpg

jbot
08-25-2008, 04:32 PM
sick dunk. dwight was so wanting to swat that too.

Ban the Facts
08-25-2008, 05:03 PM
That dunk happened because of Kome's horrific defense. In fact, he played no defense the whole olympics and his offense was horrible too. David Stern's creation gets exposed without the NBA refs...

DTD
08-25-2008, 05:11 PM
That dunk happened because of Kome's horrific defense. In fact, he played no defense the whole olympics and his offense was horrible too. David Stern's creation gets exposed without the NBA refs...

Exhibit #1: The Sad life of an obsessed troll.

Rekindled
08-25-2008, 06:15 PM

Come on now, you cant take a guy with that kind of name seriously.

Kobe24
08-25-2008, 06:17 PM
kobe's dunk on dwight howard was 10x better...it was ON him instead of AROUND him.

True definition of dunking on someone.

Rekindled
08-25-2008, 06:19 PM
True definition of dunking on someone.

LoL, look at kobe's left hand.

Scott Pippen
08-25-2008, 06:26 PM

not as good as Scottie Pippen dunk on Ewing:bowdown:

Allstar24
08-25-2008, 06:30 PM

Xsatyr
08-25-2008, 06:52 PM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]I

DCL
08-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Dunk of the tournament

this thread still going on??? i'd really wish i could defend howard on this very play since he was playng on a team i was rooting for, but as a proud defender who used to regularly swat athletic dudes several inches taller than me, i just can't pretend that my eyes enjoyed watching a big man get punked on like that.

if he was my teammate, i wouldn't be thinking, "oh it's cool man. you were soo late and had no chance for that anyway!" bullsh!t, i am not buying that lame excuse. he was right there, with the height advantage, wingspan advantage, and not to mention the vertical leap advantage. howard let something happen that wasn't supposed to happen, so i'd be thinking, "what the flying f--k was wrong with you!? why the f--k did you jump quarter-ass like only 10 inches off the ground??"

and i don't care if kobe or anyone got busted on the perimeter to give fernandez the lane. dwight's job was to protect the middle and contrary to what people are saying, i don't believe for one second that he was way out of territory to reject that ball. and it's not like dwight's some big stiff. everyone knows howard can get his freaking chin to rim level and even his armpits to the backboard. can some of you honestly can review the replay a million times over and pretend that dwight howard gave more than 30% on that defensive sequence?

what really happened was he probably saw a small skinny white dude driving in and he underestimated him so he went totally half ass on it. as a result, he got crammed on. you can make technical excuses all day that rudy went "around" him as opposed to "straight at him," but still, f---k that sh!t. it wasn't supposed to happen. dwight's taller, got way more wingspan advantage and had bunnies to go, but the bottom line was he just went half ass at it. if he had brought higher intensity, he should had easily pinned that sh!t.

BroncoBilly
08-26-2008, 05:22 PM

But playing by their own rules :hammertime:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jToTD0k5k-A

Next olimpycs, please study FIBA rules before coming to London.

SHEED_ gangsta
08-26-2008, 06:56 PM
wow that last one was massive you would even call that playing streetball lol

Godfather
08-26-2008, 07:00 PM

Give him a break. One year removed from high school so what if he gets dunked on?

Godfather
08-26-2008, 07:08 PM
Wow. What an idiot. What does that have to do with getting your nuts on your chin? Dwight is bigger, stronger than Kobe. Dwight didn't play basketball in HS or something? Kobe haters always making excuses. Like if you're a 10 year veteran, you should be able to block dunks like that.

I am not a ****ing Kobe hater you dumb ****. Dwight was one year removed from the league and Kobe was a seasoned superstar. A ten year veteran would have had the court presence and skill set to block that dunk something Dwight lacked during his rookie season.

Godfather
08-26-2008, 07:12 PM
Really? You aren't making excuses? Why did Shawn Bradley get posterized throughout his 11 year career? *waits for you to pull something out of your ass about how Dwight is more athletic*

:roll:At you mentioning Shawn Bradley.

juju151111
08-26-2008, 07:16 PM
Really? You aren't making excuses? Why did Shawn Bradley get posterized throughout his 11 year career? *waits for you to pull something out of your ass about how Dwight is more athletic*
mods ban this guy already.

Godfather
08-26-2008, 07:19 PM
mods ban this guy already.

:applause:

juju151111
08-26-2008, 07:20 PM

RoseCity07
08-26-2008, 07:54 PM
Being a 100% serious I had a dream last night that I was beating the hell out of all these asian kids and then I saw Kobe, CP3, Dwight, and Melo shooting around on this court. I started to shoot with them and then I started dunking. Dwight looked at me and I tried to beat him to the hoop and dunk it quick. I ran up and dunked on Dwight Howard and he fell to the ground. This lady showed me the recording and I was wearing a Roy jersey when I did it. True story, weird dream.

Godfather
08-26-2008, 07:56 PM
Being a 100% serious I had a dream last night that I was beating the hell out of all these asian kids and then I saw Kobe, CP3, Dwight, and Melo shooting around on this court. I started to shoot with them and then I started dunking. Dwight looked at me and I tried to beat him to the hoop and dunk it quick. I ran up and dunked on Dwight Howard and he fell to the ground. This lady showed me the recording and I was wearing a Roy jersey when I did it. True story, weird dream.

Was it a wet dream?

RoseCity07
08-26-2008, 08:00 PM
Was it a wet dream?

I didn't say Kobe jersey.:rolleyes:

brandonislegend
08-26-2008, 08:12 PM
no, kobe was injured...he hurt his knee or somethging watch the youtube video

Godfather
08-26-2008, 08:26 PM
I didn't say Kobe jersey.:rolleyes:

If that was a quip implying I am a homer, it is far overstated. Hell I even made a post on the previous page on how Kobe's dunk on the Rookie Howard was not worthy of too much recognition.

RoseCity07
08-26-2008, 08:36 PM
If that was a quip implying I am a homer, it is far overstated. Hell I even made a post on the previous page on how Kobe's dunk on the Rookie Howard was not worthy of too much recognition.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/DA14Life87/Picture1.png

symbol33
09-10-2008, 02:05 AM
this was after kobe gambled and failed to get the steal.

so what, are you kidding, what did you want to excuse for that tough big guy that can not get a steady middle distance shoting, he is absolutely overrate

AlaskaBlzDuk
09-10-2008, 03:15 AM
Ok here is the real deal... I don't like Kobe but it was not his blown defense that made this dunk possible if you watch the game (I did over and over due to no life) the d was blown when he rolled off Kobe then was Dwight's man who should moved to the side so he could get help from the power forward(boozer) AND NOT LET HIM ROLL BASELINE!

Watch the play and not just the dunk... and if you can't figure it out then play some ball

Alright STOP hammertime :hammertime:

AlaskaBlzDuk
09-10-2008, 03:33 AM
Here I got a video of it so you can see to

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6413189558651822771&ei=g3THSKvUFJbwqAOb2fHFAg&q=video+rudy+howard&vt=lf

On D it is the little things that matter

Undisputed
09-10-2008, 03:52 AM
Great dunk. I felt bad for Dwight on that one.

Dunk recovery time needed.