PDA

View Full Version : What I Learned On August 24 2008

Interminator
08-24-2008, 05:14 PM
http://www.elpais.com/recorte/20071126elpepidep_14/XLCO/Ies/20071126elpepidep_14.jpg
#1 Pick In The 2009 NBA Draft.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Can somebody please GIF when he crossed over Jason Kidd.

loot
08-24-2008, 05:18 PM
i was not impressed with him. a few nice passes, a couple of bad decisions. passed up several open shots, had a hard time getting past his man etc.

TruthKGRay3412
08-24-2008, 05:19 PM
What I learned is he is still very immature..he committed a stupid foul..then seconds later committed a technical which cost his team 6 points in a crucial part of the game.

Interminator
08-24-2008, 05:21 PM
i was not impressed with him. a few nice passes, a couple of bad decisions. passed up several open shots, had a hard time getting past his man etc.
He's 17.

That's the part that makes me respect it more,there is not a 17 year old USA PG like a John Wall or Kenny Boynton who could've made any impact in this Olympics.

The top 2 PG's in the NBA struggled most of the time in the Olympics.

Rubio should be have mastered his craft by London 2012.

loot
08-24-2008, 05:22 PM
and he looks like a cross between a gelfing:
http://www.onlyforever.com/d_1jen.jpeg
and Sir Didymus
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f317/black_kevinSDM/didymus.jpg

NY Comeback
08-24-2008, 05:23 PM
He's not NBA ready, yet. Wasn't too impressed from what I've been seeing throughout the Olympics.

loot
08-24-2008, 05:24 PM
He's 17.

That's the part that makes me respect it more,there is not a 17 year old USA PG like a John Wall or Kenny Boynton who could've made any impact in this Olympics.

The top 2 PG's in the NBA struggled most of the time in the Olympics.

Rubio should be have mastered his craft by London 2012.

Of course he's 17 but I think Brandon Jennigs would've looked much better. Agreed he's older but IMO Jennings is the better player and always will be. People get carried away with potential. Rubio is 18 and didn't impress so these games make no difference in his ranking imo.

Strangefruit
08-24-2008, 05:24 PM

I wasn't impressed with any of the US point guards neither. Pretty average game -at best- from the three of them.

So maybe you're right. He did not have an A+ game against weak comptetition (some Kidd guy and some Paulie or something).

Oh wait...

worldbefree
08-24-2008, 05:25 PM
He's not NBA ready, yet. Wasn't too impressed from what I've been seeing throughout the Olympics.

I feel the same way BUT how many 17yo or even 18-19 yo point guards are ready for NBA play? Especially international players

Sroek
08-24-2008, 05:26 PM
Of course he's 17 but I think Brandon Jennigs would've looked much better. Agreed he's older but IMO Jennings is the better player and always will be. People get carried away with potential. Rubio is 18 and didn't impress so these games make no difference in his ranking imo.

Learn to evaluate a player based on the context, situation and surrounding conditions, rather than OH LOL HE ONLY DID A FEW SPECTUCULALR PLAYS TODAY SO HES OK NOT GRAET BUT OK

Myth
08-24-2008, 05:29 PM
and Sir Didymus

How do you even know the names of those characters?

ZeN
08-24-2008, 05:30 PM
and Sir Didymus

that is funny foo... repped...

loot
08-24-2008, 05:30 PM
Learn to evaluate a player based on the context, situation and surrounding conditions, rather than OH LOL HE ONLY DID A FEW SPECTUCULALR PLAYS TODAY SO HES OK NOT GRAET BUT OK

Maybe you should come, seeing as you have Bynum as an avatar.

I judge Rubio by what he is: A nice player so far who can throw the fancy pass, who has a nice court view, but is waaaaay to small to play 82 games in the NBA against much bigger and more physical players, and who can't shoot nor forms a huge threat when penetrating (see Chris Paul or Wade). Same thing you could see in the Euro League, where he gets away with his style of play due to the European leagues being different from the NBA. Small/light players in the NBA survive by staying out of the post, runnign around screens and shooting the lights out. Can Rubio do that? No.

I'm not even talking about his defense, where he looks very good against smaller pg's who don't play physical, and who gets a lot of steals by gambling and playing the passing lanes (good courtview here), but would get run over by the average NBA pg's.

bigkingsfan
08-24-2008, 05:32 PM
I can gif it if you give me the approximate quarter and minute it happened.

ruslan
08-24-2008, 05:33 PM
overrated

Mr_Basketball#1
08-24-2008, 05:38 PM
I can gif it if you give me the approximate quarter and minute it happened.
did you get my pm bkf

bigkingsfan
08-24-2008, 05:40 PM
Yea but you have to link me to the footage.

loot
08-24-2008, 05:41 PM
that is funny foo... repped...

lies.

loot
08-24-2008, 05:42 PM
How do you even know the names of those characters?
im a fan of those movies. actually i looked them up. funny thing is i made a thread about those movies in the otc just yesterday bc rubio made me think of those characters.

Sroek
08-24-2008, 05:43 PM
Maybe you should come, seeing as you have Bynum as an avatar.

I judge Rubio by what he is: A nice player so far who can throw the fancy pass, who has a nice court view, but is waaaaay to small to play 82 games in the NBA against much bigger and more physical players, and who can't shoot nor forms a huge threat when penetrating (see Chris Paul or Wade). Same thing you could see in the Euro League, where he gets away with his style of play due to the European leagues being different from the NBA. Small/light players in the NBA survive by staying out of the post, runnign around screens and shooting the lights out. Can Rubio do that? No.

I'm not even talking about his defense, where he looks very good against smaller pg's who don't play physical, and who gets a lot of steals by gambling and playing the passing lanes (good courtview here), but would get run over by the average NBA pg's.

You're forgetting the fact that Rubio is 17. Most males don't stop growing until they've reached the age of 25. He'll also have a better diet and workout program in the US than in Europe. Furthermore, I can name a ton of players in the NBA who are shorter than Rubio. You're judging him AS IS the way YOU have briefly witnessed him, rather than his inevitable progression has a player and development as a human being, which makes you an idiot.

loot
08-24-2008, 05:50 PM
You're forgetting the fact that Rubio is 17. Most males don't stop growing until they've reached the age of 25. He'll also have a better diet and workout program in the US than in Europe. Furthermore, I can name a ton of players in the NBA who are shorter than Rubio. You're judging him AS IS the way YOU have briefly witnessed him, rather than his inevitable progression has a player and development as a human being, which makes you an idiot.

I didn't forget he was 17. I also don't forget how small he is. He won't grow a lot anymore. He'll have to bulk up but he'll always be a Price/Calderon type of build player. Both of whom had great shots. He hasn't got anything which resembles a good shoot, and once again he doesn't penetrate very well and doesnt have a great first step. So far he's just a small player with good court vision.

Shaun Livingston got drafted 6th with similar qualities, while much longer, longer arms and more athletic. No shot, not a great first step and not a great penetrator. And Shaun never was projected first. It's all about hype. Rubio can become a good player but be honest, what we have so far is a very small, light weight pg with a good pass.

And I'm reporting the 'idiot' part again.

Richie2k6
08-24-2008, 05:53 PM
Maravich Jr?

http://www.elpais.com/recorte/20071126elpepidep_14/XLCO/Ies/20071126elpepidep_14.jpg
http://www.pete-maravich.com/maravich.jpg

loot
08-24-2008, 05:55 PM
Maravich Jr?

If you replace "Pistol" with "Brick" in Rubio's nickname you could be onto something.

loot
08-24-2008, 05:56 PM
Bricky Rubio. How does that sound?

Brunch@Five
08-24-2008, 05:57 PM
What stands out with Ricky Rubio IMO is his tremendous BBall IQ (considering his age), his court vision and his defense/hustle. Also, he's pretty quick and has great handles. He should be fine penetrating even in the NBA in 2 years.
You also cannot deny his experience, he's playing in the 2nd best league world-wide since he was 15. He isn't playing against High School kids.

iDunk
08-24-2008, 06:03 PM
He's an amazing defender.

stewen12
08-24-2008, 06:03 PM
he needs to work on his jumper alot. He needs to gain leg strength and overall strength. He needs to fill out his frame and work on his assist/turnover ratio. He has to practice and gain lateral quickness inorder in to become a liability in the NBA on defense. He is a bit concieded because he is this big star in europe but when he comes to the US, he'll be nothing to the NBA players but a rook. Otherwise, he is a great passer with great quickness and speed. He is an excellent ball handler. He needs to work on his shooting in order to complete his compariosn to steve nash. But Rubios defense may be a bit better

wang4three
08-24-2008, 06:07 PM
He was pretty good for a 17 year old. Definitely if he was playing in HS here he'd be a 5-star McD All-American...and probably committed to Duke.

loot
08-24-2008, 06:09 PM
he needs to work on his jumper alot. He needs to gain leg strength and overall strength. He needs to fill out his frame and work on his assist/turnover ratio. He has to practice and gain lateral quickness inorder in to become a liability in the NBA on defense. He is a bit concieded because he is this big star in europe but when he comes to the US, he'll be nothing to the NBA players but a rook. Otherwise, he is a great passer with great quickness and speed. He is an excellent ball handler. He needs to work on his shooting in order to complete his compariosn to steve nash. But Rubios defense may be a bit better

So, I'm guessing you had nbadraft.net open when you wrote that?

http://nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/rickyrubio.html

:rolleyes:

stewen12
08-24-2008, 06:12 PM
So, I'm guessing you had nbadraft.net open when you wrote that?

http://nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/rickyrubio.html

:rolleyes:
so im guess u had http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100838&page=2open when u wrote that. Yeah lolololololol :lol: :oldlol: first time though ever doin research

loot
08-24-2008, 06:15 PM
so im guess u had http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100838&page=2open when u wrote that. Yeah lolololololol :lol: :oldlol: first time though ever doin research

no not really. i was just checking where nbadraft had him going in 2010. actually i think they're more positive in reviewing him than i am. i think they overrate his defense. like you did.

lilojmayo
08-24-2008, 06:18 PM

Of course Jennings would have done better he is older by just a 1 year and 1 month rubio, jennings is also a lethal scorer

ppl just because rubio has a nice crossover doesnt mean shyt you think jennings wouldnt be breaking 50yr jason kidds ankle come on

but if you compare rubio to say the best 17yr old pg in American John Wall ill take the american anyday over the euro (we are the olympic championship)

jennings and rubio going to be matching up oct 29 so we will c how rubio does against americas best young pg jennings will drop like 30pts while rubio will have 3

rubio jumper is so broke it isnt even funny ugly as heck he gets blocked alot in the paint cause of his unathletic ability to jump

lol tho tyler and his girl was over my house watching in and they was like

he looks like harry potter lmao Harry Potter looking ass nigggaa

Ricky Rubio more like Ricky Fa gio

:rockon:

KINGK
08-24-2008, 06:22 PM
I don't get why everybody is in love with this guy. He has a slow release and can't shoot. He's not particularly explosive or quick and doesn't get good seperation on his shots. Everybody talks about his vision, but to me, most of them seem to be of the typical drive-and-kick fashion. Granted, he has good size, poise, and handles but still...I sure as hell wouln't draft him number 1.

mrhoopfan
08-24-2008, 06:24 PM
I didn't forget he was 17. I also don't forget how small he is. He won't grow a lot anymore. He'll have to bulk up but he'll always be a Price/Calderon type of build player. Both of whom had great shots. He hasn't got anything which resembles a good shoot, and once again he doesn't penetrate very well and doesnt have a great first step. So far he's just a small player with good court vision.

Shaun Livingston got drafted 6th with similar qualities, while much longer, longer arms and more athletic. No shot, not a great first step and not a great penetrator. And Shaun never was projected first. It's all about hype. Rubio can become a good player but be honest, what we have so far is a very small, light weight pg with a good pass.

Nice post:rockon:

DuMa
08-24-2008, 06:29 PM
stop overhyping this guy.

lilojmayo
08-24-2008, 06:30 PM
I don't get why everybody is in love with this guy. He has a slow release and can't shoot. He's not particularly explosive or quick and doesn't get good seperation on his shots. Everybody talks about his vision, but to me, most of them seem to be of the typical drive-and-kick fashion. Granted, he has good size, poise, and handles but still...I sure as hell wouln't draft him number 1.

omg finally someone who is blinded :bowdown: :bowdown:

me is a mediocre player ppl are trying to make him bettter than he really is thats why they trying to point shyt weird shyt look at the no look well b4 that he just turn it over

i have to admit b4 the olympics i contributed in the ricky madness when i actually watched him i wasnt impressed one bit

if he was in america he wouldnt even be the top pg in the class of 09 he is not better than Johnny Wall just isnt

he shots broke thats the first thing i realized he made only 1 jumper its slow, he barely jumps in his shot

his handles are as good as ppl make them to be his behind the back is slow when ppl realize it it will start getting cut off

no explosiveness, u guys was dogging mayo about not being able to get around defender he doesnt even need to he has a ray allen type shot ricky however doesnt

Rudy you can see he is 1000x better than ricky Rudy has an nba game to him

i dont think rubio does i really dont notice in the nba the few pg like nash make it most of the pg in the nba are explosive as helll paul nash davis AI

I can really c Ricky getting the Rondo treatment in the nba were the opponent sags 10ft away from you and makes u all confused on whether or not to shoot

Sroek
08-24-2008, 06:31 PM

You're not describing him in anyway that's groundbreaking. We all know that much, but we're all not dense enough to think he'll be just another Calderon.

:cry: I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings over the internet :violin:

It's pathetic when someone reports someone else, not because they're breaking the rules, but to get revenge. It indicates weakness and insecurity.

Younggrease
08-24-2008, 06:32 PM
I can really c Ricky getting the Rondo treatment in the nba were the opponent sags 10ft away from you and makes u all confused on whether or not to shoot

he is 17 and in the middle of changing his jumpshot form...give the kid a break. Its the same process Tony Parker went through with his jumper and that seems to have turned out well....

loot
08-24-2008, 06:35 PM
You're not describing him in anyway that's groundbreaking. We all know that much, but we're all not dense enough to think he'll be just another Calderon.

I don't think he'll be groundbreaking so I guess you got that right. Calderon at least has a shot. And he takes less risks passing, something Rubio could learn from. Combine them and you'd have a #1 pick.

I'm not offended by your namecalling, I just think stuff like that is not needed here in this discussion. Cursing indicates weakness and insecurity.

lilojmayo
08-24-2008, 06:36 PM
he is 17 and in the middle of changing his jumpshot form...give the kid a break. Its the same process Tony Parker went through with his jumper and that seems to have turned out well....

in less than 250days he is projected to be #1 pick in the NBA draft i dont care how old you are if ur #1 pick imma hold you to a higher standard c if he was like the projected #13 pick i wouldnt be saying all this right now

Sroek
08-24-2008, 06:38 PM
I don't think he'll be groundbreaking so I guess you got that right. Calderon at least has a shot. And he takes less risks passing, something Rubio could learn from. Combine them and you'd have a #1 pick.

I'm not offended by your namecalling, I just think stuff like that is not needed here in this discussion. Cursing indicates weakness and insecurity.

I didn't say Rubio was or wasn't groundbreaking, I said your analysis of Rubio isn't offering anything new that's insightful.

Calderon is 26 years old. You think he was the same player he was when he was 17? Your ability to evaluate a player is questionable at best.

"Idiot" is not a curse word. If you're offended by that, then you must be sensitive as f*ck.

loot
08-24-2008, 06:42 PM
I didn't say Rubio was or wasn't groundbreaking, I said your analysis of Rubio isn't offering anything new that's insightful.

Calderon is 26 years old. You think he was the same player he was when he was 17? Your ability to evaluate a player is questionable at best.

"Idiot" is not a curse word. If you're offended by that, then you must be sensitive as f*ck.

I'm being pretty accurate in my analysis of Rubio. Did you see hikm play other than in the Olympics? Guess not. I'm not saying Calderon is what Rubio can/will become or Calderon didn't improve. But once again, you and others are overhyping a pg with no other clear skills than a great court vision.

Once again, I'm not offended by your namecalling, I'm offended by your lack of insight and the way you follow a hype if anything. I'm just all for a normal discussion, something you seem to have a little trouble with, considering you needed to call names and start getting personal. See the quoted post above for more proof. Step up your game mate.

DCL
08-24-2008, 06:44 PM
he reminds me of juri welsh, an nba weakling

Younggrease
08-24-2008, 06:47 PM
he reminds me of juri welsh, an nba weakling

dumbest comment I have ever heard on the subject...

I'm being pretty accurate in my analysis of Rubio. Did you see hikm play other than in the Olympics? Guess not. I'm not saying Calderon is what Rubio can/will become or Calderon didn't improve. But once again, you and others are overhyping a pg with no other clear skills than a great court vision.

Once again, I'm not offended by your namecalling, I'm offended by your lack of insight and the way you follow a hype if anything. I'm just all for a normal discussion, something you seem to have a little trouble with, considering you needed to call names and start getting personal. See the quoted post above for more proof. Step up your game mate.

how much have you watched Ricky? didnt you say earlier this was your first exposure?? Kid has game and he can do more then score but its not his role on this team. And its also funny how people try to prop up Jennings now
while putting down Rubio...Ricky will smack that down in about 2 months..

So Ricky Rubio has no other clear skills on the court besides court vision(which is very imporant?)

1. kid is a ball hawk with great defensive instincts and amazing hands...
2. Kid has an handle which has stood up to the best players in the world and done well..

And what is even more funny is the #1 pick in the last draft was a pg with NO CLEAR SKILLS...and everyone hyped him up and he has accomplished way less then Rubio...Give Rubio that Memphis team and they win the NCAA championship no doubt.

Rose...

cant shoot
has mediocre to bad curt vision in comparison to rubio
has sloppy handle

Where was the outrage over that?

Sroek
08-24-2008, 06:50 PM

If you want to talk about a hype with no real substance, talk about Dwight Howard. I follow my own hype - that which is backed by evidence. What's worse than somebody blindly following any kind of hype is someone who is being cynical only for the attention and controversy of going against the grain.

loot
08-24-2008, 07:00 PM
didnt you say earlier this was your first exposure??

did i? no i didn't...probably misunderstood me or got me mixed up. first time ive seen him play against international competition: true. and i was not impressed.

kid is a ball hawk with great defensive instincts and amazing hands... gambles a lot and won't look so good against much bigger and stronger pgs. put him against bdavis, billups, deron, kidd, etc and they'll back him down untill they can do a straight up reverse dunk. kid is a 'ballhawk' because he gambles a lot. he's not quick enough on his feet to make up for mistakes gamlbing. some players get away with that better than others.

And what is even more funny is the #1 pick in the last draft was a pg with NO CLEAR SKILLS...
i dont care too much about rose. i've never been really impressed with hime either :ohwell:

loot
08-24-2008, 07:02 PM
If you want to talk about a hype with no real substance, talk about Dwight Howard. I follow my own hype - that which is backed by evidence. What's worse than somebody blindly following any kind of hype is someone who is being cynical only for the attention and controversy of going against the grain.
Attention? I laugh at you. I'm not the one who has to retreat into kicking and throwing out insults. That's you mate. I'm going by what I see, not what people tell me I should see. You bring in DHoward for what exactly? At least he showed he can do something in the NBA, which is what we're talking about.

Sroek
08-24-2008, 07:04 PM
gambles a lot and won't look so good against much bigger and stronger pgs. put him against bdavis, billups, deron, kidd, etc and they'll back him down untill they can do a straight up reverse dunk. kid is a 'ballhawk' because he gambles a lot. he's not quick enough on his feet to make up for mistakes gamlbing. some players get away with that better than others.

Has Nash, Iverson and Tony Parker's inability to guard bigger and stronger guards detracted from their greatness? It's become quite apparent that you're really nitpicking and looking for any reason to devalue Rubio because he's the current hop topic in today's basketball prospects.

Younggrease
08-24-2008, 07:06 PM
Has Nash, Iverson and Tony Parker's inability to guard bigger and stronger guards detracted from their greatness? It's become quite apparent that you're really nitpicking and looking for any reason to devalue Rubio because he's the current hop topic in today's basketball prospects.

I wonder if people realize Ricky is 6"4 with really long arms... I dont think getting posted up is gonna be a problem for him. Funny how people acting like 17 is his peak athletically, like he wont get any stronger...Just last Olympics we saw Chris paul manhandled by the international guards and no one said a work about him and his lack of strength

gts
08-24-2008, 07:08 PM
in less than 250days he is projected to be #1 pick in the NBA draft i dont care how old you are if ur #1 pick imma hold you to a higher standard c if he was like the projected #13 pick i wouldnt be saying all this right nowif he really is projected to go at the one spot that says more about the draft and the quality of playrs coming in then about his skills....

he's young, has alot to learn, i doubt he'd go at the one, the kid is a real project he's more likely to go to some team willing to use the pick thinking long term than anything else...

loot
08-24-2008, 07:12 PM

Of course he'll be regarded as a lottery prospect. I never said he wouldn't be, but I still say he's being overhyped and he didn't impress at these olympics. All the points I've posted here are legit and you haven't proven otherwise once.

You just keep ignoring eveyrthing. What makes Rubio such a better prospect than Shaun Livingston?

BTW Nash' lack of defense has detracted from his greatness. If he was a more capable defender less people would talk down his MVP trophies and he probably wouldve been more succesful against the Spurs.

loot
08-24-2008, 07:13 PM
Just last Olympics we saw Chris paul manhandled by the international guards and no one said a work about him and his lack of strength
You haven't been paying attention. Loads of people thought Paul was too small to play defense on the US squad. He didn't look too good in several games and he got called out for it.

Sroek
08-24-2008, 07:15 PM
I wonder if people realize Ricky is 6"4 with really long arms... I dont think getting posted up is gonna be a problem for him. Funny how people acting like 17 is his peak athletically, like he wont get any stronger...Just last Olympics we saw Chris paul manhandled by the international guards and no one said a work about him and his lack of strength

Exactly. It amazes me how some people aren't able to comprehend such basic reasoning or logically assess the combination of Rubio's age, physique, growth, development and training. I guess simpletons just see what's directly in front of them, and not much beyond that.

gts
08-24-2008, 07:19 PM
Exactly. It amazes me how some people aren't able to comprehend such basic reasoning or logically assess the combination of Rubio's age, physique, growth, development and training. I guess simpletons just see what's directly in front of them, and not much beyond that.well all people have to go on is what they have seen, i like the kid but he is along way away from an NBA level player, that leaves us with the dreaded "P" word potential and more teams than not have fallen victim to drafting on potential...

Da KO King
08-24-2008, 07:24 PM
Can we please stop with this "he's only 17" stuff??? The guy will be 18 in about 2 months. Rubio would be an incoming college freshman if he was American.

stevieming
08-24-2008, 07:25 PM
Ricky is going to be a great point guard in the euroleague, but only an average one in USA should he go to NBA now....

It's all about development and the way he plays....right now he isn't suited to NBA style, but once he is about 23-24, he should leave euroleague and go to NBA...

Coin it in, at euroleague now between 18-22, by that age he should be more physically developed and have a more complete game to play in the NBA.

I think if he goes to NBA now, he could get ruined...as he has no shot, will get abused by the stronger, faster nba guards, and no team mates to look out for him. He is quick, but not quicker enough to play man to man, Zone D helps bad defenders out a lot.

Kid is a great passer. He could definitely average 10+ assists in NBA.

Some people might use TP as an example who went to NBA young and has panned out. But TP had an outstanding physical attribute in that he was lightening quick, and lucky in the coaching staff and mature, professional players around him. Ricky goes to somewhere like Philly/minni, gets buried in bench, abused on court = degradation of talent...

Hoggle
08-24-2008, 07:26 PM
and Sir Didymus

I approve of this poster and all his opinions

loot
08-24-2008, 07:29 PM
btw, how is his contract in Spain looking? is he even able to come to the nba in 2009?

DCL
08-24-2008, 07:31 PM
younggrease, were you the same retard who was so high on juri welsh a few years ago?

mrhoopfan
08-24-2008, 07:34 PM
well all people have to go on is what they have seen, i like the kid but he is along way away from an NBA level player, that leaves us with the dreaded "P" word potential and more teams than not have fallen victim to drafting on potential...

Exactly, the kid is heady and tough...17 year old or not, but he's got quite a ways to go and truthfully, imo athletic guys tend to have a higher ceiling than unathletic guys...someone mentioned Iverson and Parker, but those two guys are like two of the quickest in the WORLD with the ball, Rubio doesn't have that athleticism....and Nash is pretty quick but his great shooting skills make him even quicker since guys have to step up on him... This is gonna cause some jeers but I think Telfair in high school could've did what Rubio did in the Olympics

Younggrease
08-24-2008, 08:01 PM
younggrease, were you the same retard who was so high on juri welsh a few years ago?

No...I have very little knowledge of Juri welsh. The only time I have seen him was on a roster in nba 2k something

Interminator
08-24-2008, 08:45 PM
No...I have very little knowledge of Juri welsh. The only time I have seen him was on a roster in nba 2k something
I remember when Jiri was drafted.

I said Who?

chopchop20
08-24-2008, 09:31 PM
I think we all learned that Rubio is not ready - ho hum.

Godfather
08-24-2008, 09:33 PM
#1 Pick In The 2009 NBA Draft.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Not this again...

I rather have Brandon Jennings.

basketballdude
08-25-2008, 12:10 AM
Gimme Rubio over any pg in the world under 21. This kid is gonna be sooo nice it's ridiculous.

LootOP
10-09-2015, 03:19 PM
So how did this Rubio kid work out? Pretty groundbreaking career so far!

Dr. Ice
10-09-2015, 03:58 PM
Dont understand why people act like rubio's a bust, only seems that way because of injuries, when he plays he carries that team hard.

He has that john wall impact in which his teams are absolute trash if he's not playing.

LootOP
10-09-2015, 04:04 PM
And if he's playing they're trash as well. Just a little bit less trashy than before.

Not saying he's a bust. Saying he's exactly what I compared him to: shaun Livingston pre-injury. Good defender, great passer who will struggle to succeed due to total lack of anything resembling a jumpshot and range. At least Livingston had the advantage of being extremely tall. And that's not what people wanted to hear who were claiming he'd be the greatest thing to come from Europe since Volkwagen.