PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 SFs in current NBA

Kiddlovesnets
08-29-2008, 10:19 PM
Following this thread: Top 10 SGs in current NBA (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100025)

1. Lebron James: Indeed, LBJ has improved himself into the best SF in NBA at such a young age. No doubt his tremendous skills, body strength and leadership is the key for the success of Cavs or probably his future new teams.
Predicted Stats For Next Season: 31.5 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 8.7 apg

2. Ron Artest: Artest is one of the most underrated player in NBA, especially offensively. He can score 20+ ppg as the team's first option and defensively he's the best in current NBA. In a word, Artest deserves the No.2 SF in current league.
Predicted Stats For Next Season: 21.2 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 2.9 apg

3. Carmelo Anthony: Melo is probably the best scoring SF in current league, but the lack of defense and leadership ability make him embarrassed compared to LBJ. Anthony is still young and sky is the limit for his potential.
Predicted Stats For Next Season: 30.4 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 2.5 apg

4. Paul Pierce: Pierce eventually proved that he deserves a spot at top 5 SFs in current league and won the recent Final MVP. However, it's still not wise to say he's second only to LBJ due to the success of Boston Celtics last season.
Predicted Stats For Next Season: 20.5 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 6.0 apg

5. Shawn Marion: Marion is actually an SF, yes, and a Top 5 SF. Marion is the best rebounder among those SFs and his excellent outside defense was the key to the Suns' success in recent years. Look how terrible the Suns are w/o Marion.
Predicted Stats For Next Season: 19.6 ppg, 11.2 rpg, 2.1 apg

6. Caron Butler: Needless to say, Butler is the reason why the Wizards were able to make the play-off without Gilbert Arenas. Butler is able to score while his ability to pass and run the point is just outstanding as well. What a Point Forward!
Predicted Stats For Next Season: 22.6 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 6.7 apg

7. Rashard Lewis: Lewis has already proved how good he is as a Sonic. He's a decent shooter and the size advantage over smaller SFs makes him capable of scoring inside. Lewis is definitely the second best player in current Magic team.
Predicted Stats For Next Season: 20.9 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 3.2 apg

8. Richard Jefferson: Someone used to say RJ won't be this good without Kidd, but he's definitely okay playing without a PG. RJ was leading the Nets in scoring last year and the loss of Jefferson might lead the Nets to a lottery spot.
Predicted Stats For Next Season: 20.5 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 2.4 apg

9. Corey Maggette: Honestly, Maggette had been considerably underrated until he eventually managed to prove himself last season. He is able to penetrate and score inside while taking accurate jump shot. He's the hope for rebuilding Warriors.
Predicted Stats For Next Season: 24.3 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 4.0 apg

10. Josh Smith: Josh Smith is an SF indeed just like Shawn Marion and his ability to defend and rebound is almost as good as the latter. Smith is still young and now he has gained a chance to break out --- 2009 is his contract year!
Predicted Stats For Next Season: 19.2 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 1.5 apg

Other Candidates: Andre Kirilenko, Josh Howard, Gerald Wallace, Lamar Odom and Tayshaun Prince.

Godfather
08-29-2008, 10:25 PM
Following this thread: Top 10 SGs in current NBA (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100025)

1. Lebron James: Indeed, LBJ has improved himself into the best SF in NBA at such a young age. No doubt his tremendous skills, body strength and leadership is the key for the success of Cavs or probably his future new teams.

2. Ron Artest: Artest is one of the most underrated player in NBA, especially offensively. He can score 20+ ppg as the team's first option and defensively he's the best in current NBA. In a word, Artest deserves the No.2 SF in current league.

3. Carmelo Anthony: Melo is probably the best scoring SF in current league, but the lack of defense and leadership ability make him embarrassed compared to LBJ. Anthony is still young and sky is the limit for his potential.

4. Paul Pierce: Pierce eventually proved that he deserves a spot at top 5 SFs in current league and won the recent Final MVP. However, it's still not wise to say he's second only to LBJ due to the success of Boston Celtics last season.

5. Shawn Marion: Marion is actually an SF, yes, and a Top 5 SF. Marion is the best rebounder among those SFs and his excellent outside defense was the key to the Suns' success in recent years. Look how terrible the Suns are w/o Marion.

6. Caron Butler: Needless to say, Butler is the reason why the Wizards were able to make the play-off without Gilbert Arenas. Butler is able to score while his ability to pass and run the point is just outstanding as well. What a Point Forward!

7. Rashard Lewis: Lewis has already proved how good he is as a Sonic. He's a decent shooter and the size advantage over smaller SFs makes him capable of scoring inside. Lewis is definitely the second best player in current Magic team.

8. Richard Jefferson: Someone used to say RJ won't be this good without Kidd, but he's definitely okay playing without a PG. RJ was leading the Nets in scoring last year and the loss of Jefferson might lead the Nets to a lottery spot.

9. Corey Maggette: Honestly, Maggette had been considerably underrated until he eventually managed to prove himself last season. He is able to penetrate and score inside while taking accurate jump shot. He's the hope for rebuilding Warriors.

10. Josh Smith: Josh Smith is an SF indeed just like Shawn Marion and his ability to defend and rebound is almost as good as the latter. Smith is still young and now he has gained a chance to break out --- 2009 is his contract year!

Other Candidates: Andre Kirilenko, Josh Howard, Gerald Wallace, Lamar Odom and Tayshaun Prince.

These rankings and stat predictions...Are simply terrible. :banghead:

J23
08-29-2008, 10:29 PM
These rankings and stat predictions...Are simply terrible. :banghead:
Paul Pierce at 4 lol these rankings blow so much.

Godfather
08-29-2008, 10:32 PM
Paul Pierce at 4 lol these rankings blow so much.

What do you expect the idiot said Manu was the second best SG in the NBA...:banghead:

Kiddlovesnets
08-29-2008, 10:35 PM
What do you expect the idiot said Manu was the second best SG in the NBA...:banghead:

If Manu is not the second best SG the who is?
:confusedshrug:

Richie2k6
08-29-2008, 10:37 PM

You have got to be kidding me.

Godfather
08-29-2008, 10:42 PM

:roll::roll:I am not going to bring myself down to talk at your level. It is obvious you do not consistently watch NBA basketball or even have a clear understanding of basketball at all.

ballinforkeeps
08-29-2008, 10:42 PM
josh smith isnt better than corey maggette? i already knew the list was garbage but wat a nice way to end it.

CavemanDoctor
08-29-2008, 10:48 PM
Any list that doesn't have Pierce at 2 is simply wrong, sorry.

Shep
08-29-2008, 10:53 PM
1. lebron james
2. carmelo anthony
3. caron butler
4. paul pierce
5. andre iguodala
6. ron artest
7. hedo turkoglu
8. stephen jackson
9. andrei kirilenko
10. josh howard

Spudjjay
08-29-2008, 11:14 PM
Kiddlovesnets= Idiot

LeBron
Pierce
Carmelo
Artest
Butler

Collie
08-29-2008, 11:22 PM
Don't really see Melo scoring 30 ppg, especially with AI on the team, and JR Smith looking to get a bigger role.

Also, Artest won't average 21 ppg. He only averaged 20 ppg for a full season once, and that's with virtually no other competition (K-Mart was injured). With Tmac and Yao, I expect him closer to 14-16 ppg.

And Pierce is 2nd best IMO. His numbers aren't as high because he doesn't need them to be.

Rockets(T-mac)
08-29-2008, 11:32 PM
This thread is just as bad as the SG one. :ohwell:

Connoisseur
08-29-2008, 11:36 PM

Manu is a pretty strong candidate for that title, as he's a proven winner, clutch player and decision maker. He was certainly the second best SG in my book these past couple of years.

sawyersauce
08-29-2008, 11:49 PM
In a word, Artest deserves the No.2 SF in current league.

That's a long word.
I agree with Lebron being number one and thats about it. You're not completely out of the ball park but it could use some refining, particularly the stat predictions. They're very optimistic.

Anti404
08-29-2008, 11:55 PM
I'd take Deng and J. Smith and Hedo before your 7, 8, and 9 rankings.

southside 101
08-29-2008, 11:56 PM

tmac and plz dont even argue

Kiddlovesnets
08-30-2008, 12:01 AM
tmac and plz dont even argue

Are you kidding me? How'd you rank an all-time loser above a Goat SG like Manu?
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Gamba
08-30-2008, 12:02 AM

Wade, McGrady.

danumber88
08-30-2008, 12:09 AM
Artest at 2 is crazy and Melo scoring 30 a game is ridicoulous.

SmackOrH.A.K
08-30-2008, 12:15 AM
1. LeBron
2. Paul Pierce
3. Carmelo
4. Ron Artest
5. Caron Butler
6. Iggy
7. Hedo
8. Rashard Lewis
9. Josh Howard
10. Josh Smith

southside 101
08-30-2008, 12:19 AM

if u think the manu is better then tmac i truly feel srry for u

SLY
08-30-2008, 12:22 AM
1. Lebron
2. Melo
3. Pierce

rest i dont care

Solid Snake
08-30-2008, 12:32 AM
if u think the manu is better then tmac i truly feel srry for u

Manu >>>>>>>>>>> Tree-Sap

Scott Pippen
08-30-2008, 12:33 AM
Manu >>>>>>>>>>> Tree-Sap
:no:

Anti404
08-30-2008, 12:39 AM
I don't understand McGrady's "Tree-Sap" moniker. I guess I just fail to see the stigma that such a name carries. *shrug*

K. Bryant
D. Wade
T. McGrady
E. Ginobili
A. Iverson

But this thread is for the debate of small forwards, not two-guards.

ronnymac
08-30-2008, 01:04 AM
You have got to be kidding me.
The only thing carmello does better is shoot, rebound and score. if artest didnt have the history he has, he would be a top three small forward. on ability alone on both sides of the ball he's top three.

LBJ
Pierce
Carmello
Artest
Butler
Josh smith
Lamar odom
Marion
Jefferson
Granger

ronnymac
08-30-2008, 01:05 AM
As jeff van gundy put it, tmacs worst season are still better then manu and most other SG's best season.

Silverbullit
08-30-2008, 01:10 AM
Whom do you consider an elite SF?

shaoyut
08-30-2008, 02:06 AM
LeBron
Carmelo
Paul Peirce
Artest
Butler

shaoyut
08-30-2008, 02:07 AM
Wade

EricGordon23
08-30-2008, 02:48 AM
My List

1) Lebron James
2) Paul Peirce
3) Melo
4) Caron Butler
5) Ron Artest
6) Richard Jefferson
7) Josh Smith
8) Corey Maggette
9) Iggy
10) Gerald Wallace

highwhey
08-30-2008, 02:55 AM
How about you just stop making these threads? They are always fail.

ShamRockStar
08-30-2008, 03:27 AM
Melo plays 0 defense, doesn't even give an effort on that end 99% of the time i have seen him play.

Luigi
08-30-2008, 03:38 AM
Way too much love for Artest imo. Before the Houston trade I bet he never cracks top 5. I still think he is dangerous (in the good and bad way), but top 5 is too much.

There are a lot of intersting players at 3 right now. The rankings all blend together in my mind, with James, Anthony, and Pierce standing above the rest.

SourGrapes
08-30-2008, 03:54 AM
i think artest's defense has slipped a little in the last two years. maybe it was due to playing on a team that didn't have other defensive players, but he certainly wasn't as good last year as in previous years.

he definitely has the ability to be the best defender on a given night though.

Lebron23
08-30-2008, 04:01 AM
Top 5

1. LeBron James
2. Paul Pierce
3. Carmelo Anthony
4. Ron Artest
5. Caron Butler

Bimbo Coles
08-30-2008, 04:33 AM
Let

InspiredLebowski
08-30-2008, 04:37 AM
No mention of Granger while guys like Maggs, Odom, and Stephen Jackson are ranked is pretty stupid.

ronnymac
08-30-2008, 05:22 AM
i think artest's defense has slipped a little in the last two years. maybe it was due to playing on a team that didn't have other defensive players, but he certainly wasn't as good last year as in previous years.

he definitely has the ability to be the best defender on a given night though.

It's got alot to do with him being told to be more of a scorer in sacramento then a stopper. in indiana he had miller and oneal doing the scoring so he could concentrate on defense. the same thing will happen here. he will be told to go out there and play defense and let mcgrady and yao and scola do the scoring. i think you will see him back to he's defensive player of the year level. he's also playing for a contract. i expect a career year on the defensive end for ron.

Maggot
08-30-2008, 05:27 AM
i go crazy whe i see guys putting rashard in top 10 :mad: ...he plays no D
and danny granger is sooooo underrated

loot
08-30-2008, 05:30 AM
i go crazy whe i see guys putting rashard in top 10 :mad: ...he plays no D
and danny granger is sooooo underrated

have fun with the bucks then :roll:

brandonislegend
08-30-2008, 05:31 AM
rudy gay will be on this list next year..

Maggot
08-30-2008, 05:33 AM
have fun with the bucks then :roll:
:stewie

ronnymac
08-30-2008, 05:37 AM
[QUOTE=Bimbo Coles]Let

brandonislegend
08-30-2008, 05:43 AM
rudy gay, gerald wallace are both ALL around SF...same with granger

rudygay will be on list next year mark my words

ronnymac
08-30-2008, 05:46 AM
:stewie
Dont worry about the haters. i personally think the bucks will be a playoffs team next season. i think gettind rid of mo willams will allow sessions to grow. that kid has mad potential.

Andrew Bogut
Charllie villanueva
Richard Jefferson
Micheal Redd
Avwee Sessions

Bench
Luke Ridnour
tyrone Lue
Charlie bell
Damon jones
Adrian Griffen
Gadzruich
Elson
Malik Allen
Joe Alexander

Thats a very good offensive team in the east.certianly very PG heavy, but i think damon jones will be traded or released. also having a coach like skiles will make you guys a better defensive team. the bucks are certianly a playoffs calibare team in the east.

loot
08-30-2008, 05:51 AM
Dont worry about the haters. i personally think the bucks will be a playoffs team next season. i think gettind rid of mo willams will allow sessions to grow. that kid has mad potential.

Andrew Bogut
Charllie villanueva
Richard Jefferson
Micheal Redd
Avwee Sessions

Bench
Luke Ridnour
tyrone Lue
Charlie bell
Damon jones
Adrian Griffen
Gadzruich
Elson
Malik Allen
Joe Alexander

Thats a very good offensive team in the east.certianly very PG heavy, but i think damon jones will be traded or released. also having a coach like skiles will make you guys a better defensive team. the bucks are certianly a playoffs calibare team in the east.

I'm a hater for pointing out the Bucks lack defense? Gosh you're.... nevermind.

Who's Awvee Sessions?

Maggot
08-30-2008, 05:53 AM
I'm a hater for pointing out the Bucks lack defense? Gosh you're.... nevermind.

Who's Awvee Sessions?

Ramon Sessions...everyone makes mistakes ;)

edit: http://www.truerant.com/nba/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/better-basketball-defense-with-rashard-lewis.jpg

ronnymac
08-30-2008, 06:50 AM
Yeah i got avwee storey with session wrong. ramon sessions

1~Gibson~1
08-30-2008, 10:19 AM

Andrew Bogut
Charllie villanueva
Richard Jefferson
Micheal Redd
Avwee Sessions

Bench
Luke Ridnour
tyrone Lue
Charlie bell
Damon jones
Adrian Griffen
Gadzruich
Elson
Malik Allen
Joe Alexander

Thats a very good offensive team in the east.certianly very PG heavy, but i think damon jones will be traded or released. also having a coach like skiles will make you guys a better defensive team. the bucks are certianly a playoffs calibare team in the east.their starters are good but no bench :confusedshrug:

miles berg
08-30-2008, 12:45 PM
Where do you guys position Kevin Durant? If he is considered a SF, he is top 10.

Also, Josh Howard is better than Rashard Lewis and Corey Maggette.

U got Served
08-30-2008, 12:46 PM

You are really how your lack of basketball IQ.
SG over Manu: Wade, T-Mac. Maybe Allen

loot
08-30-2008, 12:48 PM
Also, Josh Howard is better than Rashard Lewis and Corey Maggette.

How? I rank him and Maggette even. Shard played out of position this year and still had a much better season.

miles berg
08-30-2008, 12:53 PM
Josh actually plays that little thing we call defense. He is just as good of a scorer as Lewis but does other things too.

Rashard is a one trick pony. He is as soft as charmin.

loot
08-30-2008, 12:58 PM
Josh actually plays that little thing we call defense. He is just as good of a scorer as Lewis but does other things too.

Rashard is a one trick pony. He is as soft as charmin.

He stepped up his defense. Sounds like you're just throwing out stuff you read. Josh doesnt have 1/3th of Shard's game on offense.

Maggot
08-30-2008, 03:34 PM
He stepped up his defense. Sounds like you're just throwing out stuff you read. Josh doesnt have 1/3th of Shard's game on offense.

http://www.truerant.com/nba/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/better-basketball-shot-blocking-with-rashard-lewis.jpg

loot
08-30-2008, 03:47 PM
http://www.truerant.com/nba/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/better-basketball-shot-blocking-with-rashard-lewis.jpg
I bet the next 5 editions will feature Bucks players.

brwnman
08-30-2008, 03:52 PM
I don't know about TOP 10, but i'll give you my top 5.

1. Luol Deng
2. Luol Deng
3. Luol Deng
4. Luol Deng
5. Luol Deng...

ruslan
08-30-2008, 04:58 PM
lol carmelo isnt going to avg 30ppg next season

1~Gibson~1
08-30-2008, 05:25 PM

Rashard is a one trick pony. He is as soft as charmin.he's playing out of position. Yeah he's 6'10 but he is skinny and he cant defend actual PFs in the NBA. Move him back to SF and he'll do better.

Kiddlovesnets
08-30-2008, 06:33 PM
I don't know about TOP 10, but i'll give you my top 5.

1. Luol Deng
2. Luol Deng
3. Luol Deng
4. Luol Deng
5. Luol Deng...

:oldlol:

JD_TO
08-30-2008, 06:43 PM
1.Lebron
2.Pierce
3.Melo
4.Artest
5.Igudola
6.Odom
7.Butler
8.Smith
9.Prince
10.Deng

picc84
08-30-2008, 09:58 PM
I'd take Caron Butler over Melo.

Lord Leoshes
08-30-2008, 10:41 PM

Wade :cheers:

Anti404
08-30-2008, 10:50 PM
LeBron James
Paul Pierce
Ron Artest
Carmelo Anthony
Shawn Marion
Caron Butler
Josh Smith
Danny Granger
Hedo Turkoglu
Luol Deng or Tayshaun Prince

Lord Leoshes
08-30-2008, 11:00 PM
1 Lebron
2 Pierce
3 Butler
4 Anthony
5 Marion
6 Iguodala
7 J Smith/Prince
8 R Jefferson
9 J Howard
10 Artest

Remix
08-31-2008, 12:01 AM

LeBron won't average over 8 assists next year.

No way in hell Ron Ron gets 21.

0% chance Melo gets 30+ and 8+.

Caron won't average 6 assists a game.

Marion will be lucky to score 18 a game.

Rashard Lewis and Jefferson are extremely high.

Little to no chance Josh Smith gets that many rebounds.

Remix
08-31-2008, 12:03 AM
1.Lebron
2.Pierce
3.Melo
4.Artest
5.Igudola
6.Odom
7.Butler
8.Smith
9.Prince
10.Deng
Are you kidding me? Not a homer but, Odom over Butler? Are you serious?

And Deng in a top 10 list? Over Granger, Wallace, Jefferson... Wow...

Maggot
08-31-2008, 03:46 AM
I bet the next 5 editions will feature Bucks players.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0aIv6W732tfFH/340x.jpg
http://www.truerant.com/nba/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/better-basketball-defense-with-rashard-lewis.jpg

loot
08-31-2008, 04:54 AM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0aIv6W732tfFH/340x.jpg
http://www.truerant.com/nba/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/better-basketball-defense-with-rashard-lewis.jpg eh? great post, finding the one capable player. im sursprised u didnt look up redd or villa blocking a shot

Maggot
08-31-2008, 05:05 AM
eh? great post, finding the one capable player. im sursprised u didnt look up redd or villa blocking a shot

i know that CV and Redd play no D...but rashard doesn't play either...

so i take it as a joke if someone puts him in the top 10 SF's
here are 10 sf's much better then Lewis
James, Anthony, Turkoglu, Iggy, Artest, RJ, Gerald Wallace, Josh Smith, Josh Howard, Danny Granger and many more

loot
08-31-2008, 05:49 AM
i know that CV and Redd play no D...but rashard doesn't play either...

so i take it as a joke if someone puts him in the top 10 SF's
here are 10 sf's much better then Lewis
James, Anthony, Turkoglu, Iggy, Artest, RJ, Gerald Wallace, Josh Smith, Josh Howard, Danny Granger and many more

of course shards defense isnt top notch, but he still ranks over the likes of a hedo and josh, who both had 1 good year in their career. maybe two. leaves 8 of those you listed. add gay and you've got the 10 best sf's in the league.

dirk's defense sucks. should we throw him out of the top 10 pf's while we're at it?

Maggot
08-31-2008, 06:03 AM
of course shards defense isnt top notch, but he still ranks over the likes of a hedo and josh, who both had 1 good year in their career. maybe two. leaves 8 of those you listed. add gay and you've got the 10 best sf's in the league.

dirk's defense sucks. should we throw him out of the top 10 pf's while we're at it?

Paul Pierce...forgot about him
Caron Butler
AK47
Marion
Prince
...so lewis is out of the top 10 again

quasimoto
08-31-2008, 06:03 AM
And no way that Shard is the second best player on the Magic right now.

JD_TO
08-31-2008, 11:44 AM
Are you kidding me? Not a homer but, Odom over Butler? Are you serious?

And Deng in a top 10 list? Over Granger, Wallace, Jefferson... Wow...
I just can't place somebody so low on my list that is so versatile over a man in the past 2 seasons who has put up good stats but hasn't played over 70 games. But i just have realized on my list I left out Marion but I have never been a fan of RJ or Wallace. In my opnion about Granger, yeah he is a talented player but not a first option guy which he is in Indiana. When Indiana does get a bit more talented I think we can see those stats cool down to reality for him.

PacerRaptor
09-01-2008, 01:15 AM
LeBron won't average over 8 assists next year.

No way in hell Ron Ron gets 21.

0% chance Melo gets 30+ and 8+.

Caron won't average 6 assists a game.

Marion will be lucky to score 18 a game.

Rashard Lewis and Jefferson are extremely high.

Little to no chance Josh Smith gets that many rebounds.
Artest averaged 20.5 ppg last season, another 0.5ppg isnt far fetched http://www.nba.com/playerfile/ron_artest/career_stats.html

Marion is averaging 18.3 ppg for career http://www.nba.com/playerfile/shawn_marion/career_stats.html

stewen12
09-01-2008, 01:21 AM
Marion is averaging 18.3 ppg for career http://www.nba.com/playerfile/shawn_marion/career_stats.html
served! repped :D

Big Al All day
09-01-2008, 01:35 AM

That doesn't mean he'll average that this year. With Wade being back and healthy and Beasly is gonna take a lot of shots.

pete's montreux
09-01-2008, 01:44 AM
That doesn't mean he'll average that this year. With Wade being back and healthy and Beasly is gonna take a lot of shots.

Who's going to rebound out of those three? Marions is. He averages 2.6 offensive rebounds for his career, and I bet he'll average better than three next year. With the bigger offensive rebounding numbers coming this season, he can take less shots and still average 18.

Big Al All day
09-01-2008, 02:00 AM
Marion might not be any better of a rebounder then Beasly. Where are they gonna play them anyways? Marion at the 3 Beasly at 4? Also i don't understand what your trying to make a case for. Are you saying that he should be higher on somebody's list? I can think of at least 8 better SF's right off the top of my head LeBron , Pierce , Melo , Butler , Artest , Josh Smith , Granger , and even guys like G. Wallace , Josh Smith , and Lamar Odom are as good if not better then Marion.

Anti404
09-01-2008, 02:08 AM
Marion might not be any better of a rebounder then Beasly. Where are they gonna play them anyways? Marion at the 3 Beasly at 4? Also i don't understand what your trying to make a case for. Are you saying that he should be higher on somebody's list? I can think of at least 8 better SF's right off the top of my head LeBron , Pierce , Melo , Butler , Artest , Josh Smith , Granger , and even guys like G. Wallace , Josh Smith , and Lamar Odom are as good if not better then Marion.
Gerald Wallace, Josh Smith, and Lamar Odom aren't really better than Marion. Marion is a better at rebounding and defense. He thrives in an open court style offense as the second or third option, but even in his first few years he was an OK first option on offense.
Butler and Granger are debatable.

Big Al All day
09-01-2008, 02:21 AM
I honestly think Butler and Granger are better then Marion. Butler was awesome without Gilbert there chucking up shots. This year yeah maybe ppg will go down but he is a pretty solid defender. I have Odom , Marion , Wallace , all ranked evenly. I forgot about Prince , I would rather have him on my team then any of the guys i just mentioned.

Edit: Marion only averaged 15ppg last year on a awful Heat team. Now with Wade and Beasly i don't see him averaging over 18ppg.

ronnymac
09-01-2008, 09:02 AM
Butler is much better then marion. butler is a better shooter, defensivley he's just as good. people underrate carons defense. he's alot more mobile score. he has alot and i mean alot better handles. marion is a better rebounder though.i'll give him that much. i would say there is only 4 better SF's in better then butler.
LBJ
Pierce
Artest
Carmelo. carmelo is very much up for disscussion

pete's montreux
09-01-2008, 01:16 PM
[1] LeBron
[2] Pierce
[3] Caron
[4] Artest
[5] Melo
[6] Marion
[7] Odom
[8] Wallace
[9] Iguodala
[10] Smith

IMO.

ruslan
09-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Artest averaged 20.5 ppg last season, another 0.5ppg isnt far fetched http://www.nba.com/playerfile/ron_artest/career_stats.html

artest is in houston now...he has yao and mcgrady to carry the scoring load. he isn't going to avg 21ppg.....close thread

AllenIverson3
09-01-2008, 03:11 PM

Wade Allen Carter Iverson are all better etc..
IS THAT ENOUGH?

Godfather
09-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Wade Allen Carter Iverson are all better etc..
IS THAT ENOUGH?

Roy and Joe Johnson too.

Lord Leoshes
09-01-2008, 09:47 PM

Dude, only Bron, Pierce, Melo, & Butler, are better then Marion, but not the rest. & you named Josh Smith 2s. Did you mean Josh Howard?

Lord Leoshes
09-01-2008, 09:58 PM
I honestly think Butler and Granger are better then Marion. Butler was awesome without Gilbert there chucking up shots. This year yeah maybe ppg will go down but he is a pretty solid defender. I have Odom , Marion , Wallace , all ranked evenly. I forgot about Prince , I would rather have him on my team then any of the guys i just mentioned.

Edit: Marion only averaged 15ppg last year on a awful Heat team. Now with Wade and Beasly i don't see him averaging over 18ppg.

He played with a bad back, & without anyone creating shots, for him. Not to meantion that he had all the defense consintrated on him.
I see him averageing around 16 ppg, 9 rpg, 2 st, & 1 bs, shooting over 45 %, playing mostly SF.

stewen12
09-01-2008, 09:59 PM
Why do people consistently bring this thread back! It sucks!

Lord Leoshes
09-01-2008, 10:00 PM
Butler is much better then marion. butler is a better shooter, defensivley he's just as good. people underrate carons defense. he's alot more mobile score. he has alot and i mean alot better handles. marion is a better rebounder though.i'll give him that much. i would say there is only 4 better SF's in better then butler.
LBJ
Pierce
Artest
Carmelo. carmelo is very much up for disscussion

How can you have Artest there? :no:

highwhey
09-01-2008, 10:06 PM
guys, the op got banned because he was trash and so were all of his threads/posts including this one.

Kiddlovesnets
09-04-2008, 11:52 PM
guys, the op got banned because he was trash and so were all of his threads/posts including this one.

I'm sorry but a lot of ISH posters were banned for at least once so all their posts are trash as well? Good logic and enjoy the bash.
:cheers:

ronnymac
09-05-2008, 12:55 AM
How can you have Artest there? :no:
Artest the the best primeter defender in the nba. he is big and strong and yet agile like a cat. he also averaged 21 points and 38% from beyond the arc. he is versatile enough to guard the sg's, sf's and the pf's of our league. why shouldnt he be there.

haji_d_robertas
09-05-2008, 02:53 AM
My List

1) Lebron James
2) Paul Peirce
3) Melo
4) Caron Butler
5) Ron Artest
6) Richard Jefferson
7) Josh Smith
8) Corey Maggette
9) Iggy
10) Gerald Wallace

I like everything about this list except the spelling, and Shawn Marion is missing. He's better than Wallace and Igoudala (who are so close in stats it's not funny) He's got to get one of those guys' spots, and there has got to be a better example of a small forward than Corey Maggette, or am I nuts? What about Luol Deng, Josh Howard or Tayshaun Prince? One more thing about Iguodala, he's a SG is he not?

Lord Leoshes
09-07-2008, 02:13 AM
Artest the the best primeter defender in the nba. he is big and strong and yet agile like a cat. he also averaged 21 points and 38% from beyond the arc. he is versatile enough to guard the sg's, sf's and the pf's of our league. why shouldnt he be there.

Cause they have him to high.
1 Lebron
2 Pierce
3 Butler
4 Anthony
5 Marion
6 Iguodala
7 J Smith/Prince
8 R Jefferson
9 J Howard
10 Artest

Kiddlovesnets
09-07-2008, 02:37 AM
Cause they have him to high.
1 Lebron
2 Pierce
3 Butler
4 Anthony
5 Marion
6 Iguodala
7 J Smith/Prince
8 R Jefferson
9 J Howard
10 Artest

Iguodala and Josh Howard over Artest, are u kidding?

plowking
09-07-2008, 03:00 AM

Have you seen your list?

Lord Leoshes
09-07-2008, 04:20 AM

Takeing into account age, & mental state, yeah. But all three are about even.
But Artest is that poisson that can destroy a teams season with just one of his stupid acts. I would take Iggy, & Howord befor Artest.

ronnymac
09-07-2008, 06:33 AM
If you're gonna talk out of you're ass, then back it up with facts.

1 Artest is 28 and in he's prime. hows age an issue. why is marion ahead of ron if age is such an issue.

2 Anyone who puts iggy and howard above artest is a dumbass. an utter dumbass.artest is head and shoulders above them on both sides of the ball. if were going by complete game, only pierce and lbj are the better players by that criteria. this thread or question is about the top ten SF's on the court. the off the court issues has no bearings here.non whatsoever.

3 Marion being better at what? artest is a much better defender and alot better offensive player. he is a better shooter to. rons's offensive game is much better then marion's. only thing marion does is rebound.Ron is alot more versatile on both sides of the ball.ron can defend the SG's, SF's and the PF's of the nba. marion can only go with the SF's and PF's. rons a much better three point shooter. ron is alot better at putting the ball on the floor and creat shots for himself.

On both sides of the ball, artest is one of the most complete players in the league.to be the best defensive player in the league and score twenty one points a game and shoot thirty eight % from beyond the arc warrant you to be in the top four or five best small forwards in the league.

I can understand maybe caron butler being infront of ron with LBJ, pierce and melo, but the rest of the list is a joke.

AItheAnswer3
09-07-2008, 06:35 AM

1 Artest is 28 and in he's prime. hows age an issue

2 Anyone who puts iggy and howard above artest is a dumbass. an utter dumbass.artest is head and shoulders above them on both sides of the ball. if were going by complete game, only pierce and lbj are the better players by that criteria. this question is the top SF on the court. the off the court issues has no bearings here.

3 Marion being better at what? artest is a much better defender and alot better offensive player. he is a better shooter to. only thing marion does is renound.he's alot more versatile on both sides of the ball.

On both sides of the ball, artest is one of the most complete players in the league.

+1

Kiddlovesnets
09-07-2008, 12:04 PM

1 Artest is 28 and in he's prime. hows age an issue. why is marion ahead of ron if age is such an issue.

2 Anyone who puts iggy and howard above artest is a dumbass. an utter dumbass.artest is head and shoulders above them on both sides of the ball. if were going by complete game, only pierce and lbj are the better players by that criteria. this thread or question is about the top ten SF's on the court. the off the court issues has no bearings here.non whatsoever.

3 Marion being better at what? artest is a much better defender and alot better offensive player. he is a better shooter to. rons's offensive game is much better then marion's. only thing marion does is rebound.Ron is alot more versatile on both sides of the ball.ron can defend the SG's, SF's and the PF's of the nba. marion can only go with the SF's and PF's. rons a much better three point shooter. ron is alot better at putting the ball on the floor and creat shots for himself.

On both sides of the ball, artest is one of the most complete players in the league.to be the best defensive player in the league and score twenty one points a game and shoot thirty eight % from beyond the arc warrant you to be in the top four or five best small forwards in the league.

I can understand maybe caron butler being infront of ron with LBJ, pierce and melo, but the rest of the list is a joke.

Agreed. Artest is one of the most underrated players in NBA...
:sleeping

highwhey
09-07-2008, 12:07 PM
I'm sorry but a lot of ISH posters were banned for at least once so all their posts are trash as well? Good logic and enjoy the bash.
:cheers:
Speaking about good logic, you have none. Your list is ether biased or you are very ignorant. Your predicted stats are also a joke.

Kiddlovesnets
09-07-2008, 12:24 PM
Speaking about good logic, you have none. Your list is ether biased or you are very ignorant. Your predicted stats are also a joke.

You didn't ever realize that your existence is the biggest joke on ISH? Pathetic...

Maniak
09-07-2008, 12:28 PM
You didn't ever realize that your existence is the biggest joke on ISH? Pathetic...

that coming from you is sad

ronnymac
09-07-2008, 08:46 PM

I should add that artest is a monster in the low block.

NotALakerTroll
09-07-2008, 09:00 PM
I should add that artest is a monster in the low block.

Yeah, but as a Pacer/Laker fan I've had to deal with Artest being OFF the court a lot lmao. Going by talent, he's definitely up there.

ronnymac
09-07-2008, 09:23 PM
Yeah, but as a Pacer/Laker fan I've had to deal with Artest being OFF the court a lot lmao. Going by talent, he's definitely up there.
Again, the criteria here is on the court performances or ability.

Lord Leoshes
09-08-2008, 01:19 AM

Am sorry if i insulted your huband, but you don't have to call me a bumbass. Cause the only dumass is that slut mother of yours. So go put that dirty mouth of your back were it belongs. Raped around your dad ****. When you lern to talk to me with respect then i'll show you respect. till then GO **** YOUR SELF.

Lord Leoshes
09-08-2008, 01:33 AM

It's not his talent thats the problem. It's ALL the stupid things he does, that makes GM not wan't him. He is a cancer that destroys locker room chemistry.
He is a meantal case that can blow up at any time, & destroy a franchis hopes for a championship. Just ask Indiana. Who else leaves his team to go rap? what an idiot. They should take him out back & put him to sleep.

ronnymac
09-08-2008, 02:24 AM
Am sorry if i insulted your huband, but you don't have to call me a bumbass. Cause the only dumass is that slut mother of yours. So go put that dirty mouth of your back were it belongs. Raped around your dad ****. When you lern to talk to me with respect then i'll show you respect. till then GO **** YOUR SELF.

It's clear you have no clue about basketball or ron artest. i think everyone saw in this thread how dumb you really are.

Lord Leoshes
09-08-2008, 04:04 AM
It's clear you have no clue about basketball or ron artest. i think everyone saw in this thread how dumb you really are.

If you respond to me respecfully, then i'll talk to you with the same respect. Just don't insult me, & call me names. If you've read my post, then you know that i think he is a very talented player. It's his meantal state that bothers me. The guy is a ticking time bomb waiting to blow up again. & the reason i like Marion better is because he does everything he does with out even having a play called for him. Artest wan'ts to dominat the ball all the time. & he is clearly not a 1st option. You can make a case that Howard, & Iggi, cause they dominat the ball alot to. But Marion fits perfectly, while letting the other players do their thing. Now do you understand why i rather have Marion, over Artest? Or are you going to insult me & call me names to prove your point again?

ronnymac
09-08-2008, 06:11 AM
If you respond to me respecfully, then i'll talk to you with the same respect. Just don't insult me, & call me names. If you've read my post, then you know that i think he is a very talented player. It's his meantal state that bothers me. The guy is a ticking time bomb waiting to blow up again. & the reason i like Marion better is because he does everything he does with out even having a play called for him. Artest wan'ts to dominat the ball all the time. & he is clearly not a 1st option. You can make a case that Howard, & Iggi, cause they dominat the ball alot to. But Marion fits perfectly, while letting the other players do their thing. Now do you understand why i rather have Marion, over Artest? Or are you going to insult me & call me names to prove your point again?
So how does that make marion a better player again?.again this is about the top ten SF's on pure ability. not who you like better or who is ball hog . ABILITY.

Defense artest is superior to all three of them. infact he's probaly the best primeter defender in the league.

Offense. ron is far superior to marion and iggy. those two guys couldnt creat shot to save there lives. there both great finishers. whilst artest is a great finisher around the hoop and he can creat shots for himself.

Shooting.artest is a better long range shooter then marion. artest averaged 38% this past season. marion averaged 29%.

Rebounding. both iggy and marion are superior rebounders. in marions case much superior.

Steals. artest has a 2nd best 1.9 steals a game in the nba.

Handles. artest has much better handles then marion. artest can easily creat shots for himself whilst marion is more of a finisher. needs a nash to get him shots to finish.

Intensity. noone plays more intense then ron. there is a reason why he won defensive player of the year. marion plays with great intensity to, but artest is second to none.

Lord Leoshes
09-09-2008, 09:48 PM
So how does that make marion a better player again?.again this is about the top ten SF's on pure ability. not who you like better or who is ball hog . ABILITY.

Defense artest is superior to all three of them. infact he's probaly the best primeter defender in the league.

Offense. ron is far superior to marion and iggy. those two guys couldnt creat shot to save there lives. there both great finishers. whilst artest is a great finisher around the hoop and he can creat shots for himself.

Shooting.artest is a better long range shooter then marion. artest averaged 38% this past season. marion averaged 29%.

Rebounding. both iggy and marion are superior rebounders. in marions case much superior.

Steals. artest has a 2nd best 1.9 steals a game in the nba.

Handles. artest has much better handles then marion. artest can easily creat shots for himself whilst marion is more of a finisher. needs a nash to get him shots to finish.

Intensity. noone plays more intense then ron. there is a reason why he won defensive player of the year. marion plays with great intensity to, but artest is second to none.

I can agree with most of what you sead, but i think offensivly, Iggy is just as good. & when it comes to intensity, i feel that Marion is as intense, but keeps his head. Witch is the biggest problem with Artest. + Artest takes to meany bad shots, while Marion always go's with the flow. You can make a case on any of them, on any given night, that one will have a better game then the other. But in my opinion, if i had to pick one of the 4 of them to start a team. I would pick Marion first. But thats just my opinion, & am sure you have yours.

P.S. Thank for not being disrespecfull this time.

ronnymac
09-10-2008, 12:46 AM
Sorry about before.:cheers: . we gotta agree to disagree here. :cheers:

bladefd
09-10-2008, 09:22 PM
Since Odom is one of the candidates and he hasn't played SF yet, shouldn't Kobe be in the top 10 SF conversation too? Kobe probably has played a lot more minutes at SF throughout his career than Odom himself. Honestly, I would probably take Kobe at the SF position over RJ, Maggette, Butler.

Lord Leoshes
09-11-2008, 12:27 AM
Sorry about before.:cheers: . we gotta agree to disagree here. :cheers:

No problem. At least we agree on something. & right back at you :cheers:

Sammy A. Gueye
09-11-2008, 06:23 AM
How can you put Kirilenko in "other candidates". He cant' play ball !!!
Humm, I think you overestimated Ron Artest, you should have given him the last rank of your list.. for sure, he can play on defense, he's certainly one of the top 5 best defensive player in the NBA, but about his offensive game.. hum.. he sucks =D
Shawn Marion isnt very smart but when he plays with some good point gard like Steve Nash, he's the man. Rebounding, fast break / alley oop scoring, defending, yeah, he's the man !
Maggette shouldn't be on your list, you'd better stop looking at statistics and watch some (ex-)clippers games. He's way too irregular.

Heretik32
09-11-2008, 06:43 AM
Humm, I think you overestimated Ron Artest, you should have given him the last rank of your list.. for sure, he can play on defense, he's certainly one of the top 5 best defensive player in the NBA, but about his offensive game.. hum.. he sucks =D

In fact he doesn't. At all. He's a great second option of offense for a team.

The problem is that he isn't the second option in Houston. And while he waxes lyrical about how he doesn't mind getting fewer touches and playing third or fourth fiddle in Houston, I expect him to blow up sooner or later if he doesn't get his touches.

That's where Houston's injuries might actually be a boon:oldlol:

ronnymac
09-11-2008, 09:11 AM
How can you put Kirilenko in "other candidates". He cant' play ball !!!
Shawn Marion isnt very smart but when he plays with some good point gard like Steve Nash, he's the man. Rebounding, fast break / alley oop scoring, defending, yeah, he's the man !
Maggette shouldn't be on your list, you'd better stop looking at statistics and watch some (ex-)clippers games. He's way too irregular.

21 points on 43% and 38% from beyond the arc and he sucks according to you're all mighty logic.. he was a SG when he came into the league. he was a scorer to begin with. he knows how to score . he has alot of solid array of post shots. he has a solid jumper and a good 3 point shot. maybe before you dissing anyone about watching games, take you're own advice.

Jasper
09-11-2008, 09:42 PM
bron
pierce
melo
artest
butler
jefferson
hedo
deng
wallace
Prince/Igudola/Granger (you choose 10th spot - I don't care) :rolleyes: