PDA

View Full Version : Nets podcast

Rusty
09-01-2008, 01:46 AM
Hey guys,

I don't know if you consider this to be spamming, but if you do, feel free to delete it. Personally, I consider this more of a plug.

I'm one of the hosts of 'The Crossover' - a Nets and Knicks podcast - which can be found in the iTunes music store and also on the show's host website - www.thesportsstuff.com

My co-host (Pmac) and I have been doing the show for around a year now - touching on pretty much everything to do with the Nets and the Knicks. I deal with the Nets side of things, Pmac the Knicks - basically because we share a deep hatred of each-other's teams which can lead to some pretty heated discussion at times.

Anyway, just thought I'd give you guys the heads up so you can look for it in the iTunes store if you're looking for a Nets show.

Cheers.

gigantes
09-01-2008, 01:57 AM
rusty (venture), welcome aboard and i'd recommend putting up an old podcast episode so that people here can get an idea of what the show is like.

Rusty
09-01-2008, 02:59 AM
Thanks for the opportunity to gain more exposure for the show man.

Episode #33 (the most recent):
http://thesportsfans.hipcast.com/download/fbba666a-9036-8477-44e7-cc5b8ee21158.mp3

Episode #32:
http://thesportsfans.hipcast.com/download/777c66db-5c0a-d546-f917-6926344b2a00.mp3

Nets fan 93
09-01-2008, 10:47 AM
cool. post more of them like the new ones after you are done with them :D

Rusty
09-01-2008, 11:00 AM
You guys can subscribe to the show by clicking here: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=268817312

You'll be able to listen to any past episodes as well - which is worth it for the 'Infamous Figures in Tri-State Basketball History' segments alone.

gigantes
09-01-2008, 05:20 PM
i listened to ep#32. pretty interesting.

one thing that i think is good to mention is that the shows seem to be free. i don't use itunes much, so when i heard the word "store" i immediately became less enthusiastic because i'm another internet junkie used to getting everything for free.

@rusty,
i have a little feedback for the first episode and will have more if i continue to listen. if you are indeed looking for feedback, i could post it either here or at your place (http://www.thesportspodcasters.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=296).

Rusty
09-01-2008, 08:35 PM
i listened to ep#32. pretty interesting.

one thing that i think is good to mention is that the shows seem to be free. i don't use itunes much, so when i heard the word "store" i immediately became less enthusiastic because i'm another internet junkie used to getting everything for free.

@rusty,
i have a little feedback for the first episode and will have more if i continue to listen. if you are indeed looking for feedback, i could post it either here or at your place (http://www.thesportspodcasters.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=296).
Yeah, that's a good point. All of our shows are completely free and you don't need an iTunes account to get them. It's just a matter of following that subscribe link (if you'd like), and having each new one delivered straight to your music library.

In terms of the feedback - I'd be more than happy for you to post it at my place.

Rusty
09-22-2008, 10:03 PM
Hey guys, episode #34 has finally been recorded and released. I've been flat-out busy with University stuff lately and haven't had the time to record a new show or hit the boards here as much. I'm hoping that's all about to change though.

Anyway, episode #34 is a Western Conference preview show with my buddy Dave Ang (the host of Run N Gun - a Phoenix Suns podcast). In this show, I give my predictions for the playoff teams to come out of the conference and also the teams that I think will really struggle.

Enjoy.

Episode #34:
http://thesportsfans.hipcast.com/download/e4b1e864-9ff1-8e78-3bb2-10a3692a3279.mp3

Rusty
10-02-2008, 01:49 AM
Episodes #35 and #36 have been recorded and released (a couple of days ago).

Episode #35 is our Eastern Conference preview show. As Pmac (my regular co-host) is still away gallivanting through Europe, my good friend Tarek stepped in to fill the void and he did an excellent job (I think anyway). In this episode, we discuss everything Eastern Conference EXCEPT the Nets and the Knicks.

http://thesportsfans.hipcast.com/download/da486d86-e0b2-6621-30f1-a69cb2e329f5.mp3

Episode #36 is our Nets and Knicks season preview show. Tarek again stepped in here to help me preview the season for both teams.

http://thesportsfans.hipcast.com/download/4aad403e-16c2-2d28-9620-71c2b89777fe.mp3

Rusty
10-19-2008, 08:08 PM
Episode #37 has been recorded and released. In this episode, Tarek joined me once again to cover the pre-seasons for the Nets and Knicks to date, some disturbing injury news, and Eddy Curry's posterior.

http://thesportsfans.hipcast.com/download/ac9063a3-b97f-2a2b-0a0a-66fdc2cb9867.mp3

gigantes
10-20-2008, 01:22 AM
i keep meaning to start listening again.

Rusty
10-20-2008, 02:33 AM
i keep meaning to start listening again.
lol. It'd be great if you would man.

To make it easier, you can subscribe (for free) to the show by clicking this link: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=268817312

It delivers every episode straight to your iTunes library as it's released.

gigantes
10-20-2008, 04:48 AM
okay, i listened to the last episode. btw, i don't use i-tunes personally and don't know much about it.

PROS

- the show has a casual but nevertheless energetic feel, basically lacking the usual over-the-top element and urge to produce sound bites that so many american shows suffer from. this is quite refreshing IMO.

- your voices and vocal delivery are smooth and enjoyable to listen to, sort of the exact opposite of people like steven a. smith, p.j. carlisimo and that strident ilk.

- you're obviously well-read and devoted to NBA news and NBA events. so although i presume you to be college age, and therefore young, you do come across with some significant authority and are therefore interesting to listen to.

CONS

- the opening montage seems to go on forever. you might want to cut that down some to avoid losing peoples' attention.

- with your aussie accent, "stuff" sounds more like "staff" to an american audience, so you might want to point that out when you read out your site name.

- the last show bogged down near the end by wandering over movie topics and such. it also got a little irritating hearing the phrase "looks like we're coming up on the end of such-and-such segment" so often. IMO it's okay saying that sometimes, but most of the time i'd just move on and have done with it.

just on general curiosity, it seems somewhat strange and amusing that you guys down under follow the NBA so avidly. but i suppose the NBA is well-followed all over the world because david stern's business model has worked so well.

meanwhole, i don't think i've ever met an american interested in aussie-league football, although apparantly our local american football team the eagles has a fantastic punter that came from down under playing aussie football... or was it rugby? name is sav rocca.

Rusty
10-20-2008, 05:44 AM
...CONS

- the opening montage seems to go on forever. you might want to cut that down some to avoid losing peoples' attention.

- with your aussie accent, "stuff" sounds more like "staff" to an american audience, so you might want to point that out when you read out your site name.

- the last show bogged down near the end by wandering over movie topics and such. it also got a little irritating hearing the phrase "looks like we're coming up on the end of such-and-such segment" so often. IMO it's okay saying that sometimes, but most of the time i'd just move on and have done with it.

just on general curiosity, it seems somewhat strange and amusing that you guys down under follow the NBA so avidly. but i suppose the NBA is well-followed all over the world because david stern's business model has worked so well.

meanwhole, i don't think i've ever met an american interested in aussie-league football, although apparantly our local american football team the eagles has a fantastic punter that came from down under playing aussie football... or was it rugby? name is sav rocca.
Firstly, thank you for not only the kind words, but the feedback in general. I certainly appreciate it.

In terms of those 'cons', I agree and see where you're coming from with all of them. Since I've edited the show (my regular co-host used to do that until he left to travel around Europe), I've thought that close to two minutes is a little long.

In terms of my pronunciation of the word "stuff", that's an excellent point and one that hasn't been raised with me until now. Obviously being Australian (as are all of my co-hosts), it's not something I would have thought of but in the next episode, i'll spell out 'stuff'.

In terms of the movie topics, yeah that last part doesn't normally get too bogged down. It was just a mini-rant there on my part.

When it comes to be being an NBA fan, well I have been for almost 15 years (I'm 22 now). The reason is that NBA games (during the glamor years of the league - otherwise known as the Jordan era) used to be shown on national TV here in the mornings and I could catch them before I went to school. I fell in love with the likes of MJ, Scottie, Sir Charles, Grant Hill, Penny Hardaway, and Nick Van Exel. I became a Nets fan after seeing a highlights tape that I borrowed from my local library and on that tape was Julius Erving and Derrick Coleman. I became a VC fan pretty much as soon as he got drafted and I saw footage of his unbelievable array of dunks and offensive moves in general. Then, when he performed "that dunk" in the Sydney Olympics, my man crush reached new heights.

And lastly, Rocca is a former AFL (Australian Football League) star; as is Ben Graham (the Jets punter), and Darren Bennett (the former Vikings pro-bowler). Matt McBriar (the Cowboys punter) was also born here and lived here until he was 16.

Anyway man, again, thanks for the feedback. Now, I think that's as long as this post needs to be :)

gigantes
10-21-2008, 04:10 AM
thanks for the good response, rusty.

one thing i forgot to mention from your show is being impressed with how much more serious it sounds like the knicks are. maybe not yet in terms of results, but the culture, work-ethic and dedication of the players sound like they have improved quite a lot under d'antoni.

whereas isiah would tolerate the laziness and slack attitude of players like james, marbury, randolph and curry, it sounds like (particularly of that group) that they've been forced to either start busting their asses or fall back into oblivion. it's actually a little scary to think of how dangerous the knicks could be a few years down the road when they've shed all those huge, worthless contracts and are left with a club full of talent and/or hard workers. especially being the team with the deepest pockets in the league.

in retrospect, teams like ourselves, the sixers and others should maybe be grateful for how long the bumbling isiah thomas regime went on.

Rusty
10-21-2008, 09:19 PM
thanks for the good response, rusty.

one thing i forgot to mention from your show is being impressed with how much more serious it sounds like the knicks are. maybe not yet in terms of results, but the culture, work-ethic and dedication of the players sound like they have improved quite a lot under d'antoni.

whereas isiah would tolerate the laziness and slack attitude of players like james, marbury, randolph and curry, it sounds like (particularly of that group) that they've been forced to either start busting their asses or fall back into oblivion. it's actually a little scary to think of how dangerous the knicks could be a few years down the road when they've shed all those huge, worthless contracts and are left with a club full of talent and/or hard workers. especially being the team with the deepest pockets in the league.

in retrospect, teams like ourselves, the sixers and others should maybe be grateful for how long the bumbling isiah thomas regime went on.
Yeah I couldn't agree more.

It scares the bejesus out of me that Donnie and Mike have the potential to un-do all the good (or bad, depending which way you look at it) work that Isiah, Steve, and Jimmy-D did.

Luckily, I think we're still a step or two ahead of them in our re-building and if all goes according to plan, we'll stay ahead of them for a while yet.

Rusty
10-28-2008, 01:50 AM
Episode #38 has been recorded and released. In this episode - the last before the season tips off - I was joined by guest co-host Dave Ang (of Run N Gun fame) to discuss the latest in the worlds of the Nets and Knicks.

http://thesportsfans.hipcast.com/download/af7f8709-895b-ec53-d801-3bf28ec9a35d.mp3

You can also subscribe to the show via iTunes by clicking this link:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=268817312

P.S. - keep in mind that this episode was recorded before it became known that JB would be healthy enough to play against the Wizards, and before the Knicks waived Patrick Ewing Jnr.

Rusty
11-02-2008, 08:00 PM
Episode #39 has been recorded and released. In this episode, I was again joined by guest co-host Dave Ang (of 'Run N Gun Podcast' fame) to discuss the first few games of the season for the Nets and the Knicks, the ongoing Starbury saga, the contract situations of a few Nets youngsters, and the Nets' luxury tax position.

http://thesportsfans.hipcast.com/download/d302c446-0ba8-5ec1-63e2-da7405d54cb7.mp3

gigantes
11-06-2008, 12:17 AM
eheh, last show you used the american pronunciation of "stuff" at least once.

Rusty
11-07-2008, 02:53 AM
eheh, last show you used the american pronunciation of "stuff" at least once.
Lol. I aim to please.

Rusty
11-09-2008, 12:32 AM
Episode #40 has been recorded and released. In this episode, I was joined by Dave Ang (of "Run 'N' Gun Suns") once again to help break down the second week of the season for both the Nets and the Knicks. In doing so, we recapped the games played, some extraordinary individual performances, and a trade rumor involving the Nets and Warriors.

Note: This episode was recorded before the Nets' games against the Pistons and Pacers.

http://thesportsfans.hipcast.com/download/db9f8978-6f73-e643-d016-f66bb1fae10b.mp3

gigantes
11-13-2008, 04:19 AM
i just rediscovered another nets sportscast that i had in bookmarks. episodes are available in MP3, itunes format and other, although it looks like the guy (michael senno) is still on summer break:
http://www.njnetscast.com/

one thing that's interesting is to listen to the huge difference in styles between michael's and rusty's show. michael goes for that 'bigger than life american sports show' style with the energy, hyperbole and seat-of-the-pants feel, but to me it quickly gets annoying... partly because i'm not a fan of that style, partly because michael lacks training (and it shows).

IMO the very first thing you have to have if you're doing vocal work is to develop a smooth, disciplined delivery. you also want to make sure, from the engineering standpoint, that pitch isn't flying too high or too low, that the speaker is not too close to the mic, etc. rusty's show hits the ground running because IMO because it has those areas pretty-much mastered.

tonight i saw mythbusters tackle the question "do you run faster when you drop onto the floor with your feet pumping?", so i just had to work in that term. :]

Rusty
11-14-2008, 07:56 AM
Thanks once again for the kind words, G.

I've listened to NJNetscast for pretty much the entirety of its existence to date, and while it's obvious the knowledge base on the Nets that Michael possesses, he does try that little bit too hard and you're right - the professional touch isn't quite there. He seems to be a victim of the trap that so many sports podcasters fall into - one that makes them think they have to be the next Tony Kornheiser or Mike Wilbon. That was definitely something I was wary of - especially being in a situation where the show had two hosts at any one time.

Episode #41 of The Crossover will be recorded at some point in the next 24 hours and will be released shortly after that.

Rusty
11-15-2008, 11:36 PM
Episode #41 has now been recorded and released. In this episode, I was joined again by Dave Ang to help break down the week that was. As well as recapping game results, we got into some lively discussion about the Yahoo! fantasy 'ball Stat-tracker and NBA.com

gigantes
11-16-2008, 12:02 PM
rusty, re: last show's early discussion,
you might think about measuring the bandwidth usage of various activities, for example the bandwidth cost of watching a leaguepass game. i use a small program called "BM extreme" to measure how much throughput is consumed for stuff like watching TV shows on hulu or running P2P software, etc. that way i can budget myself, knowing what my monthly cap is.

btw, you could always switch your cable to satellite, right? that way you could get leaguepass over the TV instead of having to do it over the net. okay, that would probably cost a bit more though... maybe a lot more.

EDIT: looking forward to you rubbing the nets-hawks victories in the NY guy's face next show. :D

Rusty
11-16-2008, 11:41 PM
rusty, re: last show's early discussion,
you might think about measuring the bandwidth usage of various activities, for example the bandwidth cost of watching a leaguepass game. i use a small program called "BM extreme" to measure how much throughput is consumed for stuff like watching TV shows on hulu or running P2P software, etc. that way i can budget myself, knowing what my monthly cap is.

btw, you could always switch your cable to satellite, right? that way you could get leaguepass over the TV instead of having to do it over the net. okay, that would probably cost a bit more though... maybe a lot more.

EDIT: looking forward to you rubbing the nets-hawks victories in the NY guy's face next show. :D
Thanks for the suggestion man. I think I just need to use by brain a bit more next time around and not be so liberal with the amount of games I watch. When I got LP at the start of the season, I watched as many games as I could - not just Nets games. I think that was my downfall.

If I could get Satellite League Pass TV, I would, but sadly it's not available in Australia.

As for the wins against the Hawks, well I definitely wasn't as quick as Dave was to write us off before we played them! I thought we had a chance.

NOTE: Anybody that has an iTunes Music Store account (free to get one); could you review the show for me? It'd be much appreciated.

Rusty
11-25-2008, 09:34 AM
Episode #42 has now been recorded and released. In this episode, Pmac returns from his European vacation to talk all things Nets and Knicks - including the recent Knicks trades and what they mean for the future; and one of the best Nets wins I have ever seen.

You can subscribe to the show via iTunes by clicking this link:

(The direct MP3 feed is not up yet, unfortunately)

EDIT: The direct MP3 feed is now up. For those that haven't listened to it through iTunes, I apologise for the delay.
http://thesportsfans.hipcast.com/download/9d2c5d5c-d96f-e46a-18c5-9f2b0ac9344b.mp3

Rusty
12-01-2008, 02:17 AM
Episode #43 has been recorded and released. This week, Pmac and I recapped the games that the Nets and Knicks have played since episode #42 and cover some soap opera-worthy story-lines from around the NBA. Whether they’re between King James and Sir Charles or Coach Pringles and Princess Starbury, the battle lines have been drawn!

http://thesportsfans.hipcast.com/download/eb23e811-dd3d-a43f-468f-88078e619a9d.mp3

EDIT: Unfortunately this episode was recorded before the Suns game.

Rusty
12-07-2008, 11:05 AM
Episode #44 has been recorded and released. In this episode, Pmac and I talk at length about the remarkable play of Devin Harris, recap the games played in the last week, announce a new competition, and preview the games in the week to come.

http://thesportsfans.hipcast.com/download/ee6e841c-1cdb-eb91-12dc-300d519f39c8.mp3

ZHAKIDD532
12-07-2008, 01:08 PM
Cool, I'm gonna listen to it while I finish my laundry and clean up and what not.

Rusty
12-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Cool, I'm gonna listen to it while I finish my laundry and clean up and what not.
Haha. I'm glad to hear it man. :cheers:

Rusty
12-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Episode #45 has been recorded and released. In this episode, Pmac and I covered (in depth) the most recent game in the ever evolving Nets/Knicks rivalry. The state of Cuttino Mobley’s NBA career, the NBA coaching merry-go-round, and flaws in the All-Star voting system were also discussed.

http://thesportsfans.hipcast.com/download/01206c97-efe5-3021-1c78-4d4d3c58b0bd.mp3

NOTE: This episode was recorded before the completion of the Knicks/Kings and Nets/Bulls games

Rusty
12-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Episode #46 has been recorded and released. In this episode, Pmac and I talk about Jerome James

Rusty
12-29-2008, 12:39 AM
Episode #47 has been recorded and released. In this episode - the last for 2008 - Pmac and I recap the games played since episode #46, talk about the latest All-Star game voting ballot returns, and preview this season

gigantes
12-29-2008, 05:00 PM
thanks, rusty. looking forward to catching up on episodes when i get back to the states.

Rusty
01-04-2009, 07:28 AM
Episode #48 has been recorded and released. In this episode (the first of 2009), I cover VC's dramatic week and discuss the latest in the Starbury saga with Pmac. We also recap the games played by both the Knicks and Nets since episode #47.

http://thesportsfans.hipcast.com/download/39aa923a-ec42-3cb8-725e-fd6f5b597b03.mp3

EDIT: This episode was recorded a few hours before the Nets/Heat game.

Rusty
01-11-2009, 10:45 AM
Episode #49 has been recorded and released. In this extended episode - the last before the big 5-0, Pmac and I cover everything from extraordinary wins to mind-boggling losses; from injuries to trades; from old favorites to old foes. If it

Rusty
01-18-2009, 12:04 PM
Episode #50 has been recorded and released. In this milestone show, Pmac and I reminisce about some of the more memorable moments in previous episodes, recap the games that the Nets and Knicks played since episode #49, and bring back the “Infamous Figures in Tri-State Basketball History” segment for a special double-dose.

http://thesportsfans.hipcast.com/download/b13ab6be-9773-e348-4bd3-faf563bb3f61.mp3

Rusty
01-31-2009, 08:12 AM
Hey boys. Sorry I haven't been around as much lately. I've had a few things on. I should be back on a more regular basis from now on though.

Episode #51 has been recorded and released. In this episode, the first of a back-to-back, Pmac and I cover all things Nets (and only Nets) over the last two weeks. From game recaps to trade rumors, from All-Star voting to a preview of the week ahead; it’s all on this installment of “The Crossover”.

http://thesportsfans.hipcast.com/download/8495bacc-9d5c-c705-6186-7e8066355ec8.mp3

Rusty
02-01-2009, 10:10 AM
In episode #52 (the second of the back-to-back), Pmac takes the reigns and drags me kicking and screaming through the last couple of successful weeks for the Knicks - possibly the only two weeks in the history of the show that the New Yorkers have been undisputedly better than the Nets.

http://thesportsfans.hipcast.com/download/c5a2991d-6e34-0313-8182-97be30487d75.mp3

gigantes
02-02-2009, 06:55 PM
Hey boys. Sorry I haven't been around as much lately. I've had a few things on. I should be back on a more regular basis from now on though...
eheh, was the peru comment for me?
peru is actually an incredibly temperate country to live in on the coast, which is where most people live. the summers don't go much above 80

ZHAKIDD532
02-05-2009, 11:29 AM
It'll be nice to listen to a podcast where the Nets have a nice week.

Rusty
02-06-2009, 04:45 AM
eheh, was the peru comment for me?...

...an idea for you-- since 90% of the time all i can see watching nets games is blurry little blobs running around my PC screen, maybe you can make some more on-court observations given your far clearer viewing image. what i'm always interested in is picking out certain players, staying with them and noting their energy level, court awareness, decision-making and little things like that. tells me a lot about a player, but i rarely get to do that these days.

sometimes when you are reading back the scores and the stats for games i'm thinking "yea, yea, i know all that from reading the papers and online sites, but how did this or that guy actually look?"...
Yup, you bet that Peru comment was for you buddy!....though, admittedly, I thought of Peru as just about the hottest country on earth. Clearly, Geography isn't my strong suit.

As for making more observations about certain players and the way they've played...great point. It's something I've tried to do in the past in some shows, but we (Pmac and I) try to place the majority of the time and effort of each episode into "news stories" about the teams. That's not to say we deliberately de-emphasize the game recaps, but that is the way it often pans out.

Still, like I said, your point is definitely a good one and I'll remember it when doing my preparation for future episodes. Thanks dude!

Rusty
02-06-2009, 04:47 AM
It'll be nice to listen to a podcast where the Nets have a nice week.
Coming right up.

ZHAKIDD532
02-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Coming right up.
Listening to it now!

Good to hear you're clear of the fires down under.

MTing
02-08-2009, 02:57 PM
Good stuff.
Im listening to it right now also

edit:
LMAO
I loved that Jermaine O'neal comment

Rusty
02-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Listening to it now!

Good to hear you're clear of the fires down under.
Thanks dude. Luckily, it seems the worst is over with.

Rusty
02-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Good stuff.
Im listening to it right now also

edit:
LMAO
I loved that Jermaine O'neal comment
Thanks for listening man.

As for J.O..... I call it like I see it, lol.

Rusty
02-08-2009, 08:40 PM
As you can probably tell, episode #53 has been released and recorded. In this one, Pmac and I recap the games that the Nets and Knicks played since episodes #51 and #52 respectively; talk at length about a plethora of trade rumors surrounding Vince Carter; and discuss the possibility of an Amare Stoudemire/Brook Lopez front court.

NOTE: This episode was recorded before the Nets/Magic and Knicks/Blazers games

http://thesportsfans.hipcast.com/download/193ba548-d925-f01f-637a-f4dadf2b5dfc.mp3

gigantes
02-09-2009, 03:21 PM
pmac is certainly a good sport about the requisite knicks diss (or two or three) that you throw in every game. :oldlol:

btw, record wildfires are unfortunately probably a very regular thing that will be happening down under. australia's national academy of sciences has predicted a very hot future for oz unless we fix global warming.

Rusty
02-17-2009, 09:10 AM
Episode #54 has been recorded and released. In this one, Pmac and I recap all the games played by both the Nets and Knicks since episode #53, and review All-Star weekend in its entirety.

http://thesportsfans.hipcast.com/download/65aab792-758c-3208-f397-ebc4dbe90d02.mp3

Rusty
02-24-2009, 10:45 AM
Episode #55 has been recorded and released. In this one, Pmac and I recap the games that both the Nets and Knicks played in the last week, and cover all of the dramatic happenings surrounding the trade deadline.

http://thesportsfans.hipcast.com/download/0e3c431d-59f8-73bf-53e7-1d4c330fae1d.mp3

Rusty
02-24-2009, 11:13 AM
I've been informed that there's an issue with subscribing to episode #55 via iTunes. At this stage, I don't know what's causing the problem. I'll try to figure it out, but in the mean time, you can listen to the episode by clicking the direct .mp3 link in the post before this one.

Cheers.

Rusty
02-24-2009, 08:00 PM
The iTunes issue seems to have resolved itself. You should be able to subscribe to episode #55 now and download it from iTunes without any problems.

Rusty
03-12-2009, 10:03 AM
Apologies for the lack of new episodes over the last couple of weeks. You can put that down to a HEAP of scheduling issues.

Episode #56 has now been recorded and released. In this one, I reluctantly bid farewell to Stephon Marbury as an elated Pmac shows his eagerness to put the Knicks

Rusty
03-15-2009, 08:07 PM
Episode #57 has now been recorded and released. In this one, we cover all the games played by the Nets and Knicks since episode #55 - discussing everything from the high scoring of Larry Hughes, to the worst Nets loss of the season, to the race for the playoffs.

http://thesportsfans.hipcast.com/download/1f3120a2-4fbb-116e-aec1-77288de687df.mp3

Rusty
03-24-2009, 10:38 PM
Sorry for the delay with episode #58 guys. We had a HEAP of tech difficulties from when we recorded the episode, to when it was finally uploaded. The word 'nightmare' doesn't begin to describe that situation.

Anyway, In episode #58 - Pmac and I discuss the chances of the Nets and Knicks making the playoffs, their mid-week encounter, and a wager involving the season series between the two teams.

http://thesportsfans.hipcast.com/download/5cdb5025-64f6-da55-1de1-2d7d7394a286.mp3

MTing
03-25-2009, 05:52 PM
Sorry Rusty, I havent been able to listen lately because this month has been hell for me. Once I get the time to though, I'm listening to all 3 that I missed.

KEEP EM' COMIN'!

Rusty
03-26-2009, 08:55 AM
Sorry Rusty, I havent been able to listen lately because this month has been hell for me. Once I get the time to though, I'm listening to all 3 that I missed.

KEEP EM' COMIN'!
No worries buddy. Will do.

Rusty
03-31-2009, 01:47 AM
Episode #59 has been recorded and released. In this one, PMAC and I discuss the nearly impossible task of the Knicks and Nets making the playoffs, which has been made all the more difficult by some disastrous losses.

http://thesportsfans.hipcast.com/download/16e21ed2-53d9-d408-3e51-c5da03355a10.mp3

Rusty
04-27-2009, 08:24 AM
Hey boys... I'm baaaaaack!

Episodes #60, #61, and #62 have been released in the time since I last posted (which I know has been a while, sadly).

Episodes #61 and #62 were released just the other day.

In episode #61, Pmac and I recap the final games for the Nets and the Knicks of season 2008/09 and discuss the latest news and rumors surrounding the two teams.

http://thesportsfans.hipcast.com/download/32c3dac2-f1d7-96ee-32ce-ef4ae7196817.mp3

In episode #62, Pmac and I talk about the first few games of each playoff series. We also talk about the season’s awards to date, and unveil a brand spanking new blog for the show.

http://thesportsfans.hipcast.com/download/cc642a4f-8cde-9bff-e572-d5de4dbf7230.mp3

gigantes
04-28-2009, 12:51 PM
hi rusty- good to see you're still around!

i don't have an i-player yet but need to pick one up ASAP so i'll have something to listen to in the gym. (like your podcasts)

apologies again for not posting at your joint recently- i kind of embarrassed myself there and hope to reach a greater level of maturity before i go back. :S

Rusty
05-29-2009, 10:21 PM
...apologies again for not posting at your joint recently- i kind of embarrassed myself there and hope to reach a greater level of maturity before i go back. :S
As far as the bold text is concerned - likewise.

As far as the rest is concerned... well I hope you're not serious. You're more mature than about 98% of our members. You're very welcome to come back and post whenever you like.

As for the podcast, well episode #63 is the most recent.

You can check it out here: http://thesportsfans.hipcast.com/download/dbd7896d-a561-c606-b35e-bb7bddef610c.mp3
And subscribe via iTunes here: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=268817312

More recent than that episode, however, is our newest blog (posted earlier today). It's my in-depth lottery mock draft - obviously with a big focus on our Nets.

I hope all you Nets fans check it out!
www.thesportsstuff.com/tco

gigantes
05-31-2009, 08:27 AM
cool, rusty.

i finally got my imitation i-pod and have been listening to a lot of podcasts as i ride my bike trainer. so i'll be checking you out...

re: your place,
honestly i would really like insidehoops (jeff) to release me from my mod duties so i can concentrate on netsdaily. so thanks for the compliment, but i'm very unsure how much time or desire i'll have for this place or TSS in future.

EDIT: listened to most of the ep so far and it's a fun episode, but MAN DID YOU TWO GET FACED ON YOUR ORLANDO PREDICTIONS. NOT ONCE, BUT TWICE! TWO SEPARATE ROUNDS OF HUMILIATION!

sorry, couldn't resist. :D