PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Zach Randolph to Memphis for Darko Milicic and M.Jaric is up to Walsh

baseketball4life
09-05-2008, 12:11 AM
A few days ago: http://www.insidehoops.com/randolph-grizzlies-090408.shtml

Yesterday: Memphis will accept any package with Darko/Jaric for Z-Bo but they want the Knicks to pick up some of Z-bo's salary... Knicks are strongly considering it

"Any potential deal involving Zach Randolph going to Memphis is now in the Knicks’ court, according the Commercial-Appeal's Ronald Tillery.
The Griz will accept a package that includes Darko Milicic and Marko Jaric going to the Knicks for Z-Bo, but Memphis also wants Donnie Walsh and James Dolan to pick up most of the deferred payments owed Randolph in the latter year of his contract. The Knicks are said to be thinking about it, so stay tuned. If Randolph did go to Memphis it would hurt the value of Hakim Warrick."

rotoworld: http://rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NBA

09-05-2008, 12:19 AM
Knick fans will now have something to look forward to, seeing Ms.Lima cheering on her man.

bigkingsfan
09-05-2008, 12:23 AM
Gasol trade was a collusion after all.

baseketball4life
09-05-2008, 12:45 AM
[QUOTE=

ronnymac
09-05-2008, 12:50 AM
Randolph is a good player. but he's contract is a joke.
Gasol/Ehdadi
Randolph/Warwik
Gay
Thats a solid front line. throw in mayo and you got ok team.

kingpala
09-05-2008, 01:33 AM
Damn. I was hoping for Lowry... Throw him in and we'll 2/3rds of his salary.

worldbefree
09-05-2008, 01:56 AM
Darko will not fit in with D'antoni's offense or defense (if there is any).

Jaric is a lackluster mediocre player but seeing Adriana Lima in the stands will be worth the $20mil + over 3 seasons.

This trade is average and I would not pull the trigger unless Randolph was really trying to leave NY and was being a bietch.

97 bulls
09-05-2008, 02:12 AM
Gasol trade was a collusion after all.
yeah this does seem fishy. i thought the whole reason for trading gasol was to dump salary. now they might pick up another big salary:confusedshrug: not to mention aquire a player thats not as good as gasol and play the same position?:confusedshrug: :hammerhead:

chains5000
09-05-2008, 02:13 AM
Why would Memphis want Randolph? It's Gay's and Mayo's team, and they should keep it that way.
Horrible trade if it happens.

Collie
09-05-2008, 02:18 AM
I pity Gay and Mayo, but especially Mark Gasol.

Koop1
09-05-2008, 03:05 AM
lol
For the sake of Gay and Mayo ever getting any shots up, I do not want this trade to go through for memphis

Jomo23
09-05-2008, 09:35 AM
A potential trade with the Grizzles involving forward Zach Randolph is reportedly now in the Knicks' court, according to Memphis Edge.

The Grizzles will agree to a package that includes Darko Milicic and Marko Jaric for Randolph, but Memphis wants new York to pick up some of the deferred payments owed to Randolph in the latter year of his contract.

Randolph is owed $14.6 million, $16 million and $17.3 million over the next three seasons.

What are the Grizzlies doing, traded Pau Gasol because is making big money and traded him for cap space and now taking Randolph contract?

Collie
09-05-2008, 09:37 AM
Guess they regretted that Pau decision...

ChuckOakley
09-05-2008, 09:49 AM
You guys are kind of missing the point of this Pau thing.

They are not trading what they got for Pau for Randolph. That was Kwame, Crittenton, Gasol and picks.

They are trading players that they either signed or traded for in the Mayo deal, that were already dead weight on their team.

Darko - who they signed and has two more years.
Jaric - Who they got in the Mayo deal and has 3 more years.

Jaric's deal is the same length as Randolph, and Darko's is just one year less.
Essentially they add 8M in salary in 2010 by doing this deal, which isn't really going to compromise their plans, or defeat the point of the Gasol trade.

Still not a great deal IMO.

WhySoInsecure?
09-05-2008, 09:50 AM
I'll be the happiest camper if this goes down.

DoubleTech
09-05-2008, 10:38 AM
these youngsters need solid role models and another high draft pick... bringing in randolph doesn't accomplish either of these things.

ZeN
09-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Well according to reports, memphis is actually attempting to have the knicks pay a portion of Randolphs contract.. so thats a good aspect..

Also they would be compounding salaries by riding themselves of two players and just getting one in return...

If I were the knicks I would make this happen... they may get scubs in return but at least it will help change the culture in the locker room...

bagelred
09-05-2008, 11:18 AM
Is Jaric any good? If so, not a bad trade for Knicks.

Clears up about $10 million for the Lebron sweepstakes in 2010, by getting rid of Randolph. Jaric gives them another point guard option, I guess, if they dump Marbury.

I don't know....if that's the best Walsh has got, then I would just do it

I'm still upset he didn't trade Randolph to Clippers for 2nd round pick....now we have to take back salaries past 2010.

Oh, and this would prove the Gasol trade was collusion as we all suspected.

TmacsRockets
09-05-2008, 11:22 AM
[QUOTE=baseketball4life]Memphis will accept any package with Darko/Jaric for Z-Bo but they want the Knicks to pick up some of Z-bo's salary... Knicks are strongly considering it

"Any potential deal involving Zach Randolph going to Memphis is now in the Knicks

LJJ
09-05-2008, 11:23 AM
Is Jaric any good?

nope.

ChuckOakley
09-05-2008, 11:26 AM
Again....

You guys are kind of missing the point on this Pau thing.

They are not trading what they got for Pau for Randolph. That was Kwame, Crittenton, Gasol and picks.

They are trading players that they either signed or traded for in the Mayo deal, that were already dead weight on their team.

Darko - who they signed and has two more years.
Jaric - Who they got in the Mayo deal and has 3 more years.

Jaric's deal is the same length as Randolph's, and Darko's is just one year less.
Essentially they add 8M in salary in 2010-2011 by doing this deal, which isn't really going to compromise their plans, or defeat the point of the Gasol trade.

BUT....Still not a great deal IMO.

Kebab Stall
09-05-2008, 11:44 AM
I'll be the happiest camper if this goes down.
I won't be happy in the slightest. I might have to put on suicide watch if this goes down.

gasolina
09-05-2008, 11:50 AM

The point is, they would just have traded Pau for Marc and Crittenton and picks, coz the cap relief has gone down the drain.

ChuckOakley
09-05-2008, 11:57 AM
How has it gone down the drain? Did I miss some major FA signing other than the Iranian center?

The ONLY way this deal would affect the Grizz cap space, is an extra $8M in 2010-2011.

Thorpesaurous
09-05-2008, 12:04 PM
It's still at best a lateral move, and if they keep the two players they'd be giving up for the one in Randolf, they'd have a better chance of dumping them in seperate pieces.
It's one of the better reasons to take on extra money in a two for one deal, because it splits one bad contract into two chunks, which makes it easier to move, as two seperate entities.
Darko really wouldn't be a bad fit in NY. He still protects the rim well, which pairs up well with Curry, and he's got some jumper to stretch the floor too. Plus, with all the Knick problems, his underachieving could finally not be The Issue anymore.

gasolina
09-05-2008, 12:09 PM
How has it gone down the drain? Did I miss some major FA signing other than the Iranian center?

The ONLY way this deal would affect the Grizz cap space, is an extra $8M in 2010-2011.

You're right.... but I'm just pissed because we were expecting to land someone... anyone big in the free agency, preferrably someone who is young and can develop with Gay, Mayo, Conley.

The point is, it's still an extra $8m in 2010-2011. Kwame's expirer ($10M I think) was instrumental in getting Pau from us. So trading for a player and lose a $7.5 million expirer in Darko in 2010 and at the same time would probably not do the team any good until 2011, is not my cup of tea.

Aww well, there goes my fantasies of overpaying for Paul Millsap next year.:violin:

Thorpesaurous
09-05-2008, 12:26 PM
Yeah, but both Pau and Randolf are going to get roughly the same money in 2010/11 (between 17 and 18 mill). If they're willing to pay that money, then why choose to pay it on Randolf instead of Pau.
Since none of the assets (not that I recall anyway) they used in the Mayo deal they got from the Pau deal, they sort of sit seperate from each other.
So it's who would you rather have, Pau and the stuff from the Mayo deal, or Randolf and the stuff from the Pau deal.

fatboy11
09-05-2008, 12:50 PM
Good deal for the Knicks and what they're trying to do (get under the cap for '10), but I don't like it AT ALL for Memphis. No one bit. I think that team should be a team that likes to get up and down the court with the studs they have. Randolph doesn't fit that mold.

JJ81
09-05-2008, 12:52 PM
Knicks should keep him

Rameek
09-05-2008, 01:28 PM
:cry: Walsh should keep Randolph according to his logic:cry:
The roster is maxed doubt this trade happens unless Walsh has another potential deal:cheers:

ChuckOakley
09-05-2008, 01:33 PM
:cry: Walsh should keep Randolph according to his logic:cry:
The roster is maxed doubt this trade happens unless Walsh has another potential deal:cheers:

Players like Marbury, James, Rose or Roberson could be waived very easily.

GOBB
09-05-2008, 01:44 PM
How much are the Knicks willing to pay tho? Because Memphis could end up getting Z-Bo (under contract for 2 years no?) at a salary that many would say he is worth. Z-Bo gets slammed for things on the court (lack of D, not much of a passer/black hole) but much of that is due to his contract. Its insane how much he will be earning. You figure if some of that and a good portion is shaved off? Memphis gets a double double low post guy for cheap. The whole "OMG why trade Pau?" because no one was gonna just pay Pau's contract. You figure if NYK pay a good portion then Z-Bo would be costing less on the payroll as opposed to what Gasol would have. And face it, you didnt win with Gasol last season so what are you losing?

My problem is the NYK paying loot on Z-Bo deal. I just dont like franchises who have dead money tied up on the payroll. Shyts lame but eh anything to get rid of Z-Bo i guess. :confusedshrug:

I just dont see the positives for NYK unless getting rid of Z-bo is the ultimate posititve (was he that bad for the team?). Cant call it, dont keep tabs on the inner dealings of the Knicks via media/articles.

gasolina
09-05-2008, 02:05 PM
If the Knicks do take back a portion of Zach's salary? Would it still count against the cap?

ChuckOakley
09-05-2008, 03:28 PM
It's interesting to see the possible line-up the Grizz could have had.

GAY-LOVE ERA
Conley / Lowry
Miller / Crittenton
Gay / Warrick / Cardinal
Love / Arthur / Collins
Gasol / Darko / Haddadi

GAY-MAYO-ADRIANA LIMA ERA
Conley / Lowry
Mayo / Crittenton / Jaric
Gay / Buchner
Warrick / Arthur / Walker
Gasol / Darko / Haddadi

GAY-MAYO-RANDOLPH ERA
Conley / Lowry
Mayo / Crittenton / Buchner
Gay / Warrick
Randolph / Arthur / Walker
Gasol / Haddadi

GAY-MAYO-PAU ERA
Conley / Lowry
Mayo / Buchner / Jaric
Gay / Warrick
P.Gasol / Walker
Darko / Haddadi

GAY-MAYO-PAU-RANDOLPH ERA
Conley / Lowry
Mayo / Buchner
Gay / Warrick
Randolph / Walker
P.Gasol / Haddadi

GAY-LOVE-PAU ERA
Conley / Lowry
Miller /
Gay / Warrick / Cardinal
Love / Collins
P.Gasol / Darko / Haddadi

Which line-up is best??

Decisions, decisions........

GOBB
09-05-2008, 03:35 PM
If the Knicks do take back a portion of Zach's salary? Would it still count against the cap?

Yes.

hawkfan
09-05-2008, 03:37 PM
New York probably wants a package of Walker and Darko for Randolph, since Walker is an expirer.

ChuckOakley
09-05-2008, 03:37 PM
Yes.

I've never hard of such a rule or scenario.. only the Knicks could get away with something like this.

I got the impression they would just expect cash from the Knicks (I think $3M is maximum allowed in a trade... maybe per year) but that it wouldn't count against the cap. Otherwise it defeats much of the reason the Knicks would do this deal.

Nets fan 93
09-05-2008, 03:39 PM
this would be interesting... Lee starting will not average 18 and 10 like randolph, as much as i hate to think this... w/o randolph knicks will be worse... good for my nets though :D

WhySoInsecure?
09-05-2008, 03:44 PM
this would be interesting... Lee starting will not average 18 and 10 like randolph, as much as i hate to think this... w/o randolph knicks will be worse... good for my nets though :D
Basketball is not all about numbers, randolph is a mess, takes bad shots and doesn't really contribute to the team.

Give me 12/10 from lee on 55% shooting over randolph and his bull****.

GOBB
09-05-2008, 05:24 PM
I've never hard of such a rule or scenario.. only the Knicks could get away with something like this.

I got the impression they would just expect cash from the Knicks (I think $3M is maximum allowed in a trade... maybe per year) but that it wouldn't count against the cap. Otherwise it defeats much of the reason the Knicks would do this deal.

Correct me if I'm wrong then. Because I dont see how it doesnt count agaisnt the cap. Like Sixers had Aaron Mckie money on the books and he wasnt apart of the team. Same with Chris Webber. How is it you can pay guys that arent apart of your franchise yet it be on the cap? Baseball it counts against the payroll (no salary cap however). Phillies still paying money on Jim Thome's deal. Lots of teams do the "agree to pay a portion" move.

There has to be a slap on the hand, consequence for another team agreeing to pay portion of a players guranteed contract or wouldnt other teams engage in this routine to save themselves from cap trouble? :confusedshrug:

The tradeoff is getting rid of Zach. They wanna get rid of him by any means. If a portion of his contract counts against the team? So be it. Its better than what he will count against them the next two years no? Its like whats the point of buying out a player if he still counts against your cap? Especially when he is due $40mil the next two years and the buyout is only $2mil (so you're paying $38mil for a guy not there). Why not keep him and force him to earn his damn checks?

Only deal i know of where it doesnt count is retiring due to a medical issue like Darius Miles. Dude is physically inable to perform yet holds a guanteed contract. He is owed that money but it doesnt get added to the payroll.

NBA_Analyst
09-05-2008, 05:27 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong then. Because I dont see how it doesnt count agaisnt the cap. Like Sixers had Aaron Mckie money on the books and he wasnt apart of the team. Same with Chris Webber. How is it you can pay guys that arent apart of your franchise yet it be on the cap? Baseball it counts against the payroll (no salary cap however). Phillies still paying money on Jim Thome's deal. Lots of teams do the "agree to pay a portion" move.

There has to be a slap on the hand, consequence for another team agreeing to pay portion of a players guranteed contract or wouldnt other teams engage in this routine to save themselves from cap trouble? :confusedshrug:

The tradeoff is getting rid of Zach. They wanna get rid of him by any means. If a portion of his contract counts against the team? So be it. Its better than what he will count against them the next two years no? Its like whats the point of buying out a player if he still counts against your cap? Especially when he is due $40mil the next two years and the buyout is only $2mil (so you're paying $38mil for a guy not there). Why not keep him and force him to earn his damn checks?

Only deal i know of where it doesnt count is retiring due to a medical issue like Darius Miles. Dude is physically inable to perform yet holds a guanteed contract. He is owed that money but it doesnt get added to the payroll.

GOBB empty your PM box. It's full.

ChuckOakley
09-05-2008, 08:01 PM

McKie and Webber were waived or bought out correct? Thus they were still on the books.

As for buying out a $40M player for $2M.... sure the $20/M per year counts against the cap, but you only paid $2M to the player, saving yourself $38 million in actual dollars but not any cap space. The only reason a player generally accepts a buyout is if they feel they can make up the difference by signing with another team, or the difference between the buyout and the actual contract in negligible.

baseketball4life
09-05-2008, 10:38 PM
lol if the Grizz kept pau...

ALBballer
09-05-2008, 11:20 PM
Like posters have been mentioning, the Grizz would be acquiring Randolph while getting rid of Jaric who has the same amount of years left and about half the salary. So essentially the Grizz are getting Randolph for about 8 million this year and considering he's a legit double-double, it's not that bad of a deal. Now chemistry issues are an issue, but player wise Knicks are losing out.

Personally I don't think it's that great of a deal and wouldn't care if it went either way. I think we should atleast try to build up his value, but I understand the point of getting rid of him as quickly as possible.

baseketball4life
09-06-2008, 01:07 AM
Like posters have been mentioning, the Grizz would be acquiring Randolph while getting rid of Jaric who has the same amount of years left and about half the salary. So essentially the Grizz are getting Randolph for about 8 million this year and considering he's a legit double-double, it's not that bad of a deal. Now chemistry issues are an issue, but player wise Knicks are losing out.

Personally I don't think it's that great of a deal and wouldn't care if it went either way. I think we should atleast try to build up his value, but I understand the point of getting rid of him as quickly as possible.
I have to say Z-Bo is really underrated, people on ISH treat him like garbage, they think he's a scrub. He's not an all-star but he's a solid NBA starter, a solid double double guy, those aren't easy to come by. I believe rebounding isn't something you can teach, Z-Bo has that naturally, unlike Curry who despite many coaches has never improved his rebounding one bit.

Grinder
09-06-2008, 01:09 AM
I have to say Z-Bo is really underrated, people on ISH treat him like garbage, they think he's a scrub. He's not an all-star but he's a solid NBA starter, a solid double double guy, those aren't easy to come by. I believe rebounding isn't something you can teach, Z-Bo has that naturally, unlike Curry who despite many coaches has never improved his rebounding one bit.

Problem with Z-Bo is that once he touches the ball, no one else on his team is going to touch it again till the next position.

Rameek
09-06-2008, 01:15 AM
Players like Marbury, James, Rose or Roberson could be waived very easily.
I dont think Walsh will do this... When you trade Balkmen for 2 duds just to release them to save money leads me to believe eating contracts isnt part of the new regimes way of thinking....:no:

I think Walsh is smarter than this... I really cant see this trade happening the way its presently being rumored...

He isnt giving away a 20 10 guy... It would be worth the risk to keep him and make him shape up increase his trade value I dont think his value can get any lower... (well it could if he doesnt continue to be a 20 10 guy :rolleyes: )

baseketball4life
09-06-2008, 01:17 AM
Problem with Z-Bo is that once he touches the ball, no one else on his team is going to touch it again till the next position.
I agree with that, but still he's not trash... pretty solid, and could be a MUCH better player if he was smarter

shaoyut
09-06-2008, 01:43 AM
darko and gallinari on same team

Lebron23
09-06-2008, 02:01 AM
darko and gallinari on same team

I hope the Cavaliers landed Zach Randolph because he's a much better upgrade to the Cavaliers frontline.

YAWN
09-06-2008, 02:22 AM
[QUOTE=

Mississippi
09-06-2008, 06:04 PM
Randolph won't make the Grizz any better so I don't understand this move. Would Milicic start? If so would Curry be moved to the 4?

Mathius
09-06-2008, 08:41 PM
:oldlol:

Stupid D'Antoni. He couldn't do jack shit with the Suns, so now he's going to try collecting Euros.

:applause: :lol

Mathius

ChuckOakley
09-06-2008, 08:57 PM

Stupid D'Antoni. He couldn't do jack shit with the Suns, so now he's going to try collecting Euros.

:applause: :lol

Mathius

Euros are more valuable than dollars. :D

baseketball4life
09-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Euros are more valuable than dollars. :D

Paladin55
09-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Randolph won't make the Grizz any better so I don't understand this move. Would Milicic start? If so would Curry be moved to the 4?
Milicic would would be a shot blocking backup at center at this point, they are not going to start him with Curry.

Memphis must figure that Zach, still in his "prime," can put up the guaranteed numbers- 20/10- that none of their 4's and 5's are able to put up at this time. One Memphis writer also speculated that Ivaroni might feel he can turn Randolph around as a player.

Who knows why Memphis wants this trade, but someone in the organization feels Randolph is worth it.

berraco
09-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Milicic would would be a shot blocking backup at center at this point, they are not going to start him with Curry.

Memphis must figure that Zach, still in his "prime," can put up the guaranteed numbers- 20/10- that none of their 4's and 5's are able to put up at this time. One Memphis writer also speculated that Ivaroni might feel he can turn Randolph around as a player.

Who knows why Memphis wants this trade, but someone in the organization feels Randolph is worth it.
yeap, the same people that made the Gasol trade.

Heretik32
09-07-2008, 04:27 PM

That plus the fact that Z-Bo needs his space and won't share it with anyone. People thought that having him and Curry on the floor at the same time would be a potent one-two-punch, but it didn't work at all.

Talking about Curry the player, not curry the dish.

2LeTTeRS
09-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Honestly seeing who the Grizz would be giving up and how much both those players suck I think if they can flip those players into Z Bo it would be a damn good move. They would have gotten rid of 2 players not worthy of starting with horrible contracts while filling their biggest need of post scoring. I know Zach has a bad attitude but if this deal goes down, it has to be looked at as an upgrade for Memphis.

baseketball4life
09-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Honestly seeing who the Grizz would be giving up and how much both those players suck I think if they can flip those players into Z Bo it would be a damn good move. They would have gotten rid of 2 players not worthy of starting with horrible contracts while filling their biggest need of post scoring. I know Zach has a bad attitude but if this deal goes down, it has to be looked at as an upgrade for Memphis.
i agree w/ this guy

danumber88
09-07-2008, 07:19 PM
no matter how bad this guys attitude is, this guy could eb something special... if he chnaged his attitude this guy could contend..

dont trade for flop and jaric who?

baseketball4life
09-07-2008, 11:22 PM
in another report today according to rotoworld, Randolph has told friends and family that he will be traded by training camp most likely to the grizzlies

Luigi
09-07-2008, 11:44 PM
in another report today according to rotoworld, Randolph has told friends and family that he will be traded by training camp most likely to the Knicks.

Did you mean Darko, Jaric, or Memphis?

Valliant13
09-07-2008, 11:50 PM
Memphis need to think real hard about why Portland traded Z-bo for nothing in the first place: teams full of young players need positive roles model around them. Randolph is a cancer...but a fairly charismatic cancer, off the court. The last thing their prospects need is someone like him showing them how to behave (on and off the court).

baseketball4life
09-08-2008, 12:01 AM
Did you mean Darko, Jaric, or Memphis?
memphis on the second part lol srry

Luigi
09-08-2008, 12:50 AM
memphis on the second part lol srry

Hey, we've all done it.

berraco
09-08-2008, 04:12 AM
Memphis need to think real hard about why Portland traded Z-bo for nothing in the first place: teams full of young players need positive roles model around them. Randolph is a cancer...but a fairly charismatic cancer, off the court. The last thing their prospects need is someone like him showing them how to behave (on and off the court).

Exactly, and with Arthur just caught with marijuana, Randolph's influence is the last thing they need.

Kebab Stall
09-08-2008, 10:18 AM
That's basically what I have said in the Grizzlies forum. The last thing a team like Memphis, which is full of potential and youth, is full out idiot like Randolph.

bagelred
09-09-2008, 10:10 AM
So what's the verdict on this potential trade?

Give us your quick thought:

Knicks/Grizzlies

Win/Win
Win/Lose
Lose/Win
Lose/Lose

berraco
09-09-2008, 11:12 AM
Memphis would lose, I don't care about the Knicks

But they lose too IMO

Kebab Stall
09-09-2008, 11:23 AM
Memphis / Knicks

Lose very badly / Lose

I see absolutely no way why either team would do this trade. The Knicks lose a 20/10 player and bring in Darko and Jaric. Memphis lose the size they wanted and the interior defense and bring in a guy who will most certainly destroy the team chemistry of the Grizzlies. Infact, destroy is too nice of a word for what Randolph would do to Memphis.

Akrazotile
05-09-2015, 10:09 PM
That's basically what I have said in the Grizzlies forum. The last thing a team like Memphis, which is full of potential and youth, is full out idiot like Randolph.

So THATS why this guy disappeared.

Akrazotile
05-09-2015, 10:10 PM
Memphis / Knicks

Lose very badly / Lose

I see absolutely no way why either team would do this trade. The Knicks lose a 20/10 player and bring in Darko and Jaric. Memphis lose the size they wanted and the interior defense and bring in a guy who will most certainly destroy the team chemistry of the Grizzlies. Infact, destroy is too nice of a word for what Randolph would do to Memphis.

So THATS why this guy disappeared.

Eric Cartman
05-09-2015, 10:12 PM
To be fair, Randolph was a piece of shit cancer with a horrible attitude and piss poor play his time with the Knicks. Similar to Josh Smith in Detroit.

sirkeelma
05-09-2015, 10:13 PM
Why BUMP thread 7 yrs ago? :facepalm

305Baller
05-09-2015, 10:14 PM
Darko will not fit in with D'antoni's offense or defense (if there is any).

Jaric is a lackluster mediocre player but seeing Adriana Lima in the stands will be worth the $20mil + over 3 seasons.

This trade is average and I would not pull the trigger unless Randolph was really trying to leave NY and was being a bietch.

truth

Akrazotile
05-09-2015, 10:15 PM
Why BUMP thread 7 yrs ago? :facepalm

Why NOT?

:djparty

305Baller
05-09-2015, 10:15 PM
To be fair, Randolph was a piece of shit cancer with a horrible attitude and piss poor play his time with the Knicks. Similar to Josh Smith in Detroit.

Yeah he was not very good. He improved drastically in Memphis.