PDA

View Full Version : TO ALL AUSTRALIANS: Steve Irwin the Crocodile Hunter is dead.

Darsh
09-04-2006, 12:52 AM
NO WAY! :cry:

My friend told me and i didnt believe her until i checked Wikipedia (cos that site updates REAL fast).

According to wikipedia "On Monday September 4, 2006, Steve Irwin was reported killed by a stingray barb that pierced his lung, whilst filming a documentary off Port Douglas, Queensland."

This is really a shock. He was the biggest champ and did so much for Australia..
Im legitimately heartbroken no one deserves to die young.

R.I.P Steve.

eboloid
09-04-2006, 12:53 AM
Crikey.

TMacsOneGoodEye
09-04-2006, 12:54 AM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200609/s1732439.htm

Sucks. I grew up with this guy. RIP.

konex
09-04-2006, 12:55 AM
I'm surprised he didn't get killed by a croc. RIP...

albertpujols
09-04-2006, 12:55 AM
Crikey.

Damn straight.

Should be on his tombstone.

AppleNader
09-04-2006, 12:58 AM
what a shame

JSub
Are you kidding me? I met him while I was in Australia. He's my hero...

Young HkM
RIP Steve.

You died a G.

G-train
09-04-2006, 12:59 AM
Wait til the report is confirmed

Solid Snake
09-04-2006, 12:59 AM
Damn I'm sad to hear this, he had such a great personality.

Darsh
09-04-2006, 01:00 AM
Wait til the report is confirmed

its all over the TV in australia, its true..

Fatal9
09-04-2006, 01:01 AM
That sucks. Even though it was sort of inevitable, it's still shocking.

http://www.gatorama.com/New_Folder/CalebRob.jpg
^ Now HE I thought would be part of an animal related death. Anyone seen his show before? Madness I tell you.

JSub
09-04-2006, 01:01 AM
My goodness...its true. Its on the breaking news for CNN.com....

This sucks.

BradMiller52
09-04-2006, 01:03 AM
Man I really liked hiim when I was younger. He was awesome, I remember watching Crocodile Hunter with my grandmother.

R.I.P.

G-train
09-04-2006, 01:04 AM
its all over the TV in australia, its true..
I can see that, but they all say that it is not confirmed, just a report form the great Barrier reef

B-Low
09-04-2006, 01:10 AM
RIP Steve ...that's horrible, i remember watching him all the time too. Dude was fearless :(

jbot
09-04-2006, 01:59 AM
of all the things that could have killed him...a freakin' stingray? wow.

hotsizzle
09-04-2006, 02:02 AM
dude was fearless. this really sucks. RIP steve.

TheHonestTruth
09-04-2006, 02:03 AM
He is a great man. RIP Steve.

nash4eva!gosuns
09-04-2006, 02:07 AM
RIP Steve ...that's horrible, i remember watching him all the time too. Dude was fearless :(

i know... :cry: :cry: :cry:

i seen hippos
09-04-2006, 02:08 AM
i think we all can say with certainty that....stingray > steve irwin or any other human being.

swimming with rays is like dodging vampires trying to shank you with a needle.

AIR SETH
09-04-2006, 02:13 AM
http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200401/r14036_34134.jpg

http://www.blogman.net/mt2/archives/australia_crocodile_hunter.jpg

http://www.grudge-match.com/Images/croc_hunter.gif

http://www.riocinema.ndirect.co.uk/2002/Sept02/images/crocodile_hunter_200.jpg

http://www.tourbookings.com.au/images/stevecroc.jpg

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HgHhHNC92M

R.I.P Steve

PureElement
09-04-2006, 02:14 AM
RIP. The world isn't the same without him.

i seen hippos
09-04-2006, 02:14 AM
you know his wife will be on larry king live now.

Targus
09-04-2006, 02:18 AM
Maybe this is some kind'of mystery and he's not dead, he can wind up being the next Tupac.

Anywayz, R.I.P croc hunter

G-train
09-04-2006, 02:18 AM
Yeah its confirmed by the police. A stingray barb in the lung

nash4eva!gosuns
09-04-2006, 02:23 AM
stingray>steve irwin>crocs....does that mean that crocs<stingray

they should do some discovery channel thing aobut that

i seen hippos
09-04-2006, 02:25 AM
a stingray easily beats a croc. one lightening quick jab to the croc's head and it's over. the ray is too squirmy for the croc to get a hold of...if it did though, the croc would tear it apart with it's barrel roll kill.

Milkman
09-04-2006, 02:30 AM

Police say he was stung through the heart by a stingray while diving off Port Douglas.

through the heart i think man... cot damn!

Young HkM
09-04-2006, 02:32 AM

...You were the only person that was questioning it.

kentatm
09-04-2006, 02:37 AM
wow. thats too bad. he made watching nature shows fun again. all those people on animal planet are just wanna be Steves. rest in peace Steve.

reppy
09-04-2006, 02:40 AM
Yeah I heard a couple hours ago. Sad news.

IBLEEDGREEN43
09-04-2006, 02:42 AM
he was a brave man for his whole life.. RIP

sydneyking
09-04-2006, 02:47 AM
Having never watched one of his shows and knowing that he was as dumb as a brick, I still feel sad because his heart was in the right place and he has contributed a great deal to Australia.

Damn.

Aussie Outcast
09-04-2006, 03:09 AM
For anyone who lives close to his theme park in Queensland (I do) does anyone know whats going to happen to it?

RIP Steve, One of the most enuinie people you can meet (yes he was just the same in real life as on TV) and his help with animals everywhere can be appreciated by all.

wang4three
09-04-2006, 03:39 AM
damn.... I loved his SC commercial too.

ReturnofKobe24
09-04-2006, 04:22 AM
Am I the only one who hasn't watched his show? R.I.P

Milkman
09-04-2006, 05:17 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10216

Heretik32
09-04-2006, 05:22 AM
Live by the sword, die by the sword.

RIP anyway.

Laker4Lyfe
09-04-2006, 06:13 AM
That's so sad. He was supposed to catch a crocodile that someone dumped in a pond at a park out here in Cali. Oh well I guess Reggie (what they named the croc) will be living in the park a while longer.

R.I.P Steve

Darsh
09-04-2006, 07:06 AM
its nice to see the love he has from the US.

just proves what an impact the guy had

Run&Gun=Fun
09-04-2006, 07:49 AM
If your in Australia, there is a bit of a tribute for him on ABC at the moment.

Its actually pretty said to see him now enthusiastic as ever.

R.I.P steve, good on ya mate.

G-train
09-04-2006, 09:23 AM
...You were the only person that was questioning it.
hey dikwad, i was the only person listening. they said reports out of the middle of nowhere.... its like when the said diana had a broken arm.
you gotta wait for the cops to confirm nowadays

GOBB
09-04-2006, 09:48 AM
Steve's swam with rays before and handled them. Just an unfortunate incident. Nothing on Animal planet yet.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Thats a really retarded thing to say.

hey dikwad, i was the only person listening. they said reports out of the middle of nowhere.... its like when the said diana had a broken arm.
you gotta wait for the cops to confirm nowadays

TMOGE posted a link and its been on tv. What are you talkin about waiting for confirmation when confirmation was given while you kept sitting around "waiting". You were the only one in here waiting. Then you post the "breaking news;its confirmed" after we knew already. :confusedshrug:

heavensdevil
09-04-2006, 10:40 AM
thats fukin horrible news, when I 1st saw it I thought it was a joke. Steve Irwin really seemed genuine. R.I.P.

fukin stingray got em...

tontoz
09-04-2006, 10:46 AM
Looks like he never saw the stingray. This from CNN

"He came over the top of a stingray that was buried in the sand, and the barb came up and hit him in the chest," said Stainton.

Wildlife documentary maker Ben Cropp, citing a colleague who saw footage of the attack, told TIME that Irwin had accidently boxed the animal in, causing it to attack. "It stopped and twisted and threw up its tail with the spike, and it caught him in the chest," said Cropp. "I

kwajo
09-04-2006, 10:47 AM
RIP to this man, an entertainer, a family man, and a man who saw the true value of nature and sought to preserve it. We need more men like him.

MaxFly
09-04-2006, 10:54 AM
I'm sorry to hear that. I wish the best to his family.

GOBB
09-04-2006, 11:17 AM
Looks like he never saw the stingray. This from CNN

It didnt say that. Just that he boxed the stringray in and it acted in self defense. Its very well he saw the stringray burried and went towards it. Unless he was casually swimming along the bottom closely and that happened I'd like to hear it. That quote didnt tell me so.

mavsfan4zindagi
09-04-2006, 11:39 AM
The guy was an entertainer and was just fun to watch. Really sad to see him go.

The worst part about this is his 8 and 3 year old kids no longer have a dad:(

Hawker
09-04-2006, 11:39 AM
He definetly had it coming if you think about it but still this guy was off the chain. Did anybody see his movie? I didnt.

RIP. His wife must be shocked but she must knew that he was definetly living on the edge.

Is there any guy that is more fearless than him? Although I dont know if he would do crazy stunts like jumping off of buildings and stuff.

Hawker
09-04-2006, 11:41 AM
The worst part about this is his 8 and 3 year old kids no longer have a dad

WOW no offense but that is really dumb to keep doing all that dangerous stuff after u have kids. Thats just my opinion. I still feel sad for the guy. I remember watching the show and he had to lure a crocidile to another exhibit and he had the help of some friends and he was the ONLY one that could do it.

GOBB
09-04-2006, 12:04 PM
He definetly had it coming if you think about it but still this guy was off the chain. Did anybody see his movie? I didnt.

RIP. His wife must be shocked but she must knew that he was definetly living on the edge.

Is there any guy that is more fearless than him? Although I dont know if he would do crazy stunts like jumping off of buildings and stuff.

He didnt have nothing coming to him. So please shut that up. Also there are human beings who do extreme things for a living. You think rock climbing is safe? Easy? How about skiing on tall slopes? Climbing Mount Everest? Sky diving? You realize there are places that charge money to do these things right? So many things people do that is basically to face & challenge a fear or fears....esp ones you may have.

Steve didnt fear animals he understood them. Respects them. There is a difference.

WOW no offense but that is really dumb to keep doing all that dangerous stuff after u have kids. Thats just my opinion. I still feel sad for the guy. I remember watching the show and he had to lure a crocidile to another exhibit and he had the help of some friends and he was the ONLY one that could do it.

Its not dumb because Steve didng spend every single day of his life putting his head in a gators mouth and removing it in time before it closed. He didnt have flinch & strike contests with king cobras after his bob n weave fest with gators every day. You guys act like every day, every second of his life was dedicated to putting his life at extreme risk of being ended 365 days a year. You're going by what you see on tv.

He loved animals and what he did was help make viewers understand them while showing him amongst dangerous animals no one will ever want to be near let alone close too. You experienced what he did. There was always messages. People thought anacondas were man eating predators and he shows you otherwise then educates you on them.

Steve cared about animals more than human beings care about one another. Says alot....but yet he had kids so he should have stopped what he loved to do right? You dont stop doing what you "love" because of how some 17yr old thinks about you. Get a clue kid.

Hawker
09-04-2006, 12:17 PM
ok w/e GOBB he still did it. And i never said he did this stuff every day nor did i imply it

GOBB
09-04-2006, 12:25 PM
ok w/e GOBB he still did it. And i never said he did this stuff every day nor did i imply it

It was a freak accident. There is a difference. Understand it. He knew what he could and couldnt do. If he did things he couldnt do he would be dead. But that isnt the case. Him having kids holds no relevance. Stop it.

cyco127
09-04-2006, 12:31 PM
As Insensetive as it may have sounded, I think Hawker may have just been trying to say this: Tempt Fate too many times and it will eventually catch hold of you...

Steve Irwin was Animal Planet back in the day. When all these wanna-be's came around with their shows I kept telling myself that one of these nimrods would screw up and lose an appendage(or worse) eventually. I just didn't expect it to be Steve...

My heartfelt condolences to his beautiful family...

...My god, does anyone else feel like they just lost an uncle or something?

ReturnofKobe24
09-04-2006, 12:35 PM
IMO,he should have stopped after he had children. It's like fathers not riding motorcycles after they get children. R.I.P anyways.

Hawker
09-04-2006, 12:37 PM
IMO,he should have stopped after he had children. It's like fathers not riding motorcycles after they get children. R.I.P anyways.

exactly. Thats being irresponsible.

word mustve got around the animal world

GOBB
09-04-2006, 12:43 PM
As Insensetive as it may have sounded, I think Hawker may have just been trying to say this: Tempt Fate too many times and it will eventually catch hold of you...

Steve Irwin was Animal Planet back in the day. When all these wanna-be's came around with their shows I kept telling myself that one of these nimrods would screw up and lose an appendage(or worse) eventually. I just didn't expect it to be Steve...

My heartfelt condolences to his beautiful family...

...My god, does anyone else feel like they just lost an uncle or something?

Yeah.

Thing is about fate this was more of a freak accident than anything. If he were eaten or critically wounded by an alligator I'd agree. Stingrays dont attack humans & you really have to threaten one enough for it to strike you. Steve never tempted that fate before.

:wtf:

Fathers can kill thier kids in a Ford Explorer due to a rollover. Horrible example but i keep forgetting I'm dealing with minors here.

Hawker
09-04-2006, 12:48 PM
Fathers can kill thier kids in a Ford Explorer due to a rollover. Horrible example but i keep forgetting I'm dealing with minors here.

Wow u sound just like a military recruiter trying to defend the "high risk of dying in the military."
I told him i didnt want to jion the military b/c of the high risk of dying in a war and he responded with "WEll i have been in the military and never fought for 14 years (i kno someone who was told that but he had to fight) and you can die in everyday situations as well."

Ok lets see here. Walking around in my neighborhood or in my school or in the mall or in a war in iraq. Lets see what is the biggest risk here.

Same situation Gobb. Driving in a ford explorer or swimming awfully close to
an animal with a deadly poisonous barb. The risk is WAY WAY more and u know that Gobb.

Hawker
09-04-2006, 12:50 PM
Stingrays dont attack humans & you really have to threaten one enough for it to strike you. Steve never tempted that fate before.

:wtf: :wtf:

ARE U SERIOUS!!!

HE HAS NEVER EVER TEMPTED A CROCIDILE OR A SNAKE BEFORE ARE U KIDDING ME!!!! HAVE U EVER WATCHED HIS SHOW!!!

So i guess going up to most poisonous snakes in the world and grabbing them by the tail and dragging them around isnt tempting them.

exit
09-04-2006, 12:51 PM
some kids in this thread should log off right now. it's really annoying to see your posts.

RIP Steve, we will never forget you and all of your works.

Hawker
09-04-2006, 12:52 PM
hey exit u have 35 posts.

exit
09-04-2006, 12:56 PM
stfu hawker, steve died in a job that he loved. his kids will understand him. wtf is wrong with you kids!

Hawker
09-04-2006, 12:58 PM
stfu hawker, steve died in a job that he loved. his kids will understand him. wtf is wrong with you kids!

still tho. When u are doing a job with a high risk of fatality and u have young kids who have yet to gone through puberty and need their daddies during that time then ya i call it dumb.

GOBB
09-04-2006, 01:09 PM
:wtf: :wtf:

ARE U SERIOUS!!!

HE HAS NEVER EVER TEMPTED A CROCIDILE OR A SNAKE BEFORE ARE U KIDDING ME!!!! HAVE U EVER WATCHED HIS SHOW!!!

So i guess going up to most poisonous snakes in the world and grabbing them by the tail and dragging them around isnt tempting them.

I said he never tempted the fate of being STUNG by a stingray. Never said he never tempted fate in general when dealing with dangerous animals. Stingrays arent dangerous nor agresssive which is what Steve tends to deal with and people know him from. Nor do they attack. The barb is for defending itself when threatened. Its RARE anyone is killed by one. Steve wouldnt have swam near its tail where the barb is located because anyone who knows stingrays and has a clue wouldnt dare. Its a freak accident. This wasnt Steve grabbing the the stingray and playing dodge the tail under the sea. Thats tempting your fate bigtime.

So please what you typed is irrelevant.

still tho. When u are doing a job with a high risk of fatality and u have young kids who have yet to gone through puberty and need their daddies during that time then ya i call it dumb.

So i guess every cop with kids should quit thier job according to you Hawker. :applause:

Then I'll just call on Batman to stop crime! YAY Batman! :banana:

:rolleyes:

GoRapz
09-04-2006, 02:12 PM
Well this is a lesson to everyone. No one should mess with Mother Nature.

Mother Nature > Humans

RIP to Steve Irwin aka Crocodile Hunter

i seen hippos
09-04-2006, 02:17 PM
a stingray isn't mother nature. rain is mother nature....a animal is not.

btw, mantaray > stingray. most definitely.

GoRapz
09-04-2006, 02:19 PM
a stingray isn't mother nature. rain is mother nature....a animal is not.

btw, mantaray > stingray. most definitely.

wildlife = mother nature

i seen hippos
09-04-2006, 02:19 PM
truth....what's your point.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
09-04-2006, 02:20 PM
man this suckz so bad, rest in peace steve.

GoRapz
09-04-2006, 02:21 PM
truth....what's your point.

stingray = mother nature

i seen hippos
09-04-2006, 02:22 PM
mantaray

http://www.zerovisibility.co.uk/Images/News/Manta%20Ray%20Nautilus%20Liveaboard.jpg

malones

stingray

http://www.ngsednet.org/community/resource_uploads/Southern%20stingray.jpg

GOBB
09-04-2006, 02:34 PM
Well this is a lesson to everyone. No one should mess with Mother Nature.

Mother Nature > Humans

RIP to Steve Irwin aka Crocodile Hunter

Mother Nature didnt kill Steve. A stringray did. Dont embarrass yourself.

9spurs
09-04-2006, 02:42 PM
R.I.P Steve

SsKSpurs21
09-04-2006, 03:27 PM

so what do you say to police officers and fire fighters who risk their lives every ****in day. they have families. they have kids, wifes, sisters, brothers, fathers mothers. they put all of that on the line so you and your family can sleep easy at night. go up to a fire fighter and ask him why he is a fire fighter. Cops and fire fighters LOVE what they do. steve irwin LOVED what he did. his wife LOVED what he did. his kids LOVED what he did.

Rest In Peace Steve. you were a geniune human being who loved life and all the creatures that enhabit the Earth. you will be greatly missed.

Hawker
09-04-2006, 03:27 PM
dood Gobb he still tempted fate with other animals doesnt matter what kind of animal it is. I am sure he was well aware of what the sting ray could do but still swimming next to it u never kno.

I once saw him messing with komodo dragons. Now thats tempting fate.

Hawker
09-04-2006, 03:29 PM
ya and i see what u are saying about police and fire officers. I didnt think about that but there are some cops who are in low death risk cities like my city. So it really all depends.

hateraid
09-04-2006, 03:30 PM
No Disrespect intended, but i'm surprised he lasted as long as he did!
He is a great character and has taught us alot about animals around the world.
RIP

BFRESH44
09-04-2006, 03:32 PM
^ Co-sign.

With some of the stuff he's done, you gotta be somewhat suprised that he hasn't been SERIOUSLY injured let alone dead up until this point.

But this is some pretty devastating news. Dude was great....RIP.

SsKSpurs21
09-04-2006, 03:36 PM
I didnt think about that but there are some cops who are in low death risk cities like my city. So it really all depends.

see cops and firefighters are trained to handle situations...but all the training in the world doesnt save your life if your shot or stuck in a fire burning house.

steve irwin worked with animals his ENTIRE life. since he was a little boy he was handling crocs and snakes. he knows the risks and he understands the danger. the same way cops and fire fighters know the risks and understand the dangers. but they love what they do. they want to help people and be those life savers. steve irwin wanted to educate people and make them love animals the way he loved them.

ErhnamDjinn
09-04-2006, 03:38 PM
yeah was suprised also, but I always thought he'd go out because of a croc not a stingray, I mean those arent as dangerous as crocs. Anyway R.I.P. Steve, did alot in the awarness of endangered animals.

the truth
09-04-2006, 03:39 PM
http://www.blogman.net/mt2/archives/australia_crocodile_hunter.jpg

:wtf:

No one here has a problem with this?

This is about the most dangerous situation someone can put an infant in. If he slipped and fell that baby would've been croc food. How traumatized would the audience have been if they witnessed a baby being eaten alive?!? What was the point of doing something so reckless? This is just wrong on so many levels.

People were all up in arms over the MJ baby dangling thing but this is acceptable!?!? :banghead:

I grew up watching his shows but after a while, I became annoyed at the way he was harassing animals. Sure it was done in the name of education but guaranteed they hated his guts. He claimed to have a gift that allowed him to communicate with animals. If that's true, anything they said to him would have been peppered with expletives.

Regardless, his death is a great loss. I did not agree with his methods but he did a lot of good during his life.

RIP

Hawker
09-04-2006, 03:41 PM
ya ok GOBB there is no way u can agree with the baby being with him and a huge croc right there.

Rab
09-04-2006, 04:11 PM
Sad news indeed. That dude was crazy!! He will be missed.

He has one of the best Sportscenter commercials I can remember where he wrestles the Florida Gator mascot.

RIP Steve.

GOBB
09-04-2006, 04:31 PM
ya ok GOBB there is no way u can agree with the baby being with him and a huge croc right there.

No I cant but Steve apologized sincerely about it so its a done deal. All if forgiven and forgotton. People fear crocs and seeing an image like that scares them but Steve & his wife understand crocs, the dangers of them. So I'm sure he was precautious holding his baby that nothing would happen to it without it happening to him. Notice in the image how far away he has the baby. He slips and fall and he is protecting, sheilding the infant more than himself.

I wouldnt do what he did but at the same time? I'm not up in arms over it either like "He was wrong!".

GOBB
09-04-2006, 04:33 PM
I grew up watching his shows but after a while, I became annoyed at the way he was harassing animals. Sure it was done in the name of education but guaranteed they hated his guts. He claimed to have a gift that allowed him to communicate with animals. If that's true, anything they said to him would have been peppered with expletives

You realize you just made yourself the spokesperson for animals in general and the ones that encountered Steve? Can we get a report on what the stingray said about Steve and accidently killing him? Inquiring minds wanna know Dr Doolittle. :confusedshrug:

the truth
09-04-2006, 06:31 PM
You realize you just made yourself the spokesperson for animals in general and the ones that encountered Steve? Can we get a report on what the stingray said about Steve and accidently killing him? Inquiring minds wanna know Dr Doolittle. :confusedshrug:

:rollingeyes:

GOBB
09-04-2006, 06:52 PM
:rollingeyes:

Yeah you roll your eyes but what you did was exactly what i said. Dont talk for animals on how they think/feel. You havent the slightest clue. So what you typed what they would think/feel is bogus.

the truth
09-04-2006, 07:13 PM
Yeah you roll your eyes but what you did was exactly what i said. Dont talk for animals on how they think/feel. You havent the slightest clue. So what you typed what they would think/feel is bogus.

Are you serious dude? If so, my condolences.

Just to clear things up (not that I should have to), but...

I have eyes. My eyes have sight. While using my eyes I saw Mr. Irwin chasing a lizard. The lizard ran. Mr. Irwin caught it. The lizard struggled and tried to get away. Mr. Irwin was too strong and prevented the lizard from escaping. The lizard then bit Mr. Irwin.

Now, I have a decent knowledge of animals and their behaviour so it

Hawker
09-04-2006, 07:13 PM
I am sure animals dont like it when they are teased. Lemme see if u like it when animals hold u by the behind or hold ugly chicks in front of u and u cant reach them b/c i kno u like that stuff GOBB.

GOBB
09-04-2006, 07:36 PM
Hawker you're a little snot nosed boy. Go walk m dog.

Steve has educated, enlightened and brought people to wildlife like no one has ever done. He doesnt harm animals. In fact he has given people a better chance to understand them more than anything. He has inspired people to continue in thier education wanting to be involved with animals in some shape, form or fashion. He gives people hope, faith a sense of assurance that what they LOVE to do outweighs what popular opinion may feel. Got a degree in zootology? Yea here the chuckles, i just finished grad school. Steve? Helped give that person with that degree some inspiration to follow thier dreams, thier love and no go with a popular career that "pays" good, that is viewed prosperus, or successful. He's got more people interested in animals than ever before and he is Animal Planet. You dont think Animal Planet and not think Croc Hunter. He has SAVED animals in wildlife that are in dangerous threats by other humans killing them for sport and/or monetary purposes. That is a phucking FACT. So you take your lil tall tale, your lil CRY about Steve holding a lizard up as "aww poor lizard scared to death" while I'll point to the person who kills a lizard for monetary purposes.

He's done more for wildlife and saving wildlife than you or Hawker ever did. Thats a fact. So before you think you can sit there and try to throw negative things around small or big, you look in the mirror. This man did more for the wildlife kingdom. Guy is a legend and for you to start mouting off about that crap is pathetic. Tired of people wanting to find faults, negatives just for the sake of it. Guy lost his life doing what he loved and you two goofballs wanna argue this petty crap. Guy has had a bigger impact in life than you two combined.

Sidenote: Animal Planet is on now about the croc and lil baby bob. Turn to it and educate yourselves. Be surprised at the whole situation.

AppleNader
09-04-2006, 07:37 PM
surprisingly enough, I agree with Gobb on this one rather than the pasty face middle schooler

Hawker
09-04-2006, 07:46 PM
wow im 17 u little ***** im not a middle schooler.

Also that guy has lived longer than me and of course he gets a better chance to impact the world. But everyone has a chance to impact the world. I may to it in petroleum engineering but providing oil for the world. Thats impacting the world. And dood i liked the shows that steve irwin did and stuff but at times i think he just needs to let things go and stop teasing them. But the man was fearless but i still dont get what he did with the baby and croc cus he wanted his son to be "croc-savvy" and he says he was "surprised" about the rxn from the media. Why wouldnt u think people would be surprised.

And i know he did a lot for animals and such and i understand he educated people about it but for that instance he did go a little too far with the baby.

GOBB
09-04-2006, 07:48 PM
You're getting like GeeWiz Hawker. Please STFU and start listening more. You just run your mouth and punch the keys at a rapid pace. Seriously just take time to acknowledge, educate and understand before you rush to conclusions, judgement and start throwing your wreckless opinions out there. You're much like a drunk, just rambling without a clue and wont listen to the person trying to walk you home safely.

TMacsOneGoodEye
09-04-2006, 07:56 PM
Could you imagine Hawker and geeWiz building a tree house and setting up shot? I'd probably bomb it with water ballons till it collapsed.

I hate red headed freckled kid the same amount that I hate know it all skinny dweebs with glasses.

You guys are turning this into something it doesn't need to be. Cut it out.

SsKSpurs21
09-04-2006, 08:33 PM
Please STFU and start listening more. You just run your mouth and punch the keys at a rapid pace. Seriously just take time to acknowledge, educate and understand before you rush to conclusions, judgement and start throwing your wreckless opinions out there. You're much like a drunk, just rambling without a clue and wont listen to the person trying to walk you home safely.

this comment should be put in its own post and stickied so that EVERYONE can read it, understand and abide by it. :applause:

the truth
09-04-2006, 08:53 PM
Hawker you're a little snot nosed boy. Go walk m dog.

Steve has educated, enlightened and brought people to wildlife like no one has ever done. He doesnt harm animals. In fact he has given people a better chance to understand them more than anything. He has inspired people to continue in thier education wanting to be involved with animals in some shape, form or fashion. He gives people hope, faith a sense of assurance that what they LOVE to do outweighs what popular opinion may feel. Got a degree in zootology? Yea here the chuckles, i just finished grad school. Steve? Helped give that person with that degree some inspiration to follow thier dreams, thier love and no go with a popular career that "pays" good, that is viewed prosperus, or successful. He's got more people interested in animals than ever before and he is Animal Planet. You dont think Animal Planet and not think Croc Hunter. He has SAVED animals in wildlife that are in dangerous threats by other humans killing them for sport and/or monetary purposes. That is a phucking FACT. So you take your lil tall tale, your lil CRY about Steve holding a lizard up as "aww poor lizard scared to death" while I'll point to the person who kills a lizard for monetary purposes.

He's done more for wildlife and saving wildlife than you or Hawker ever did. Thats a fact. So before you think you can sit there and try to throw negative things around small or big, you look in the mirror. This man did more for the wildlife kingdom. Guy is a legend and for you to start mouting off about that crap is pathetic. Tired of people wanting to find faults, negatives just for the sake of it. Guy lost his life doing what he loved and you two goofballs wanna argue this petty crap. Guy has had a bigger impact in life than you two combined.

Sidenote: Animal Planet is on now about the croc and lil baby bob. Turn to it and educate yourselves. Be surprised at the whole situation.

Zootology? Ok then. I guess it’s obvious who needs the education.

Let’s get a few things straight. First, I never said he didn’t do anything with his life, in fact I said the exact opposite. Second, there is more ways to harm something than physical harm. And how do you even define physical harm? If you look at it what he does honestly, he is physically assaulting those animals. He is also causing them to suffer mental anguish. And third, before you start calling me Dr. Doolittle again look up a couple of concepts called behaviorism and functionalism and how they relate to our understanding of the animal kingdom. You seem to advocate education so try educating yourself for a change before popping off.

Moreover, do you honestly think the animals like being chased and restrained? Imagine you were the lizard and this huge thing was bearing down on you. Wouldn’t you think that your life was in danger? Wouldn’t this trigger an extremely stressful mental episode? Sure it’s all in the name of education but do you think the animal cares? All I'm saying is there are other ways of educating than ones he chose. And if he is so concerned with the welfare of animals, why didn’t this notion occur to him?

Another thing, stop putting words into my mouth. But just for the sake of argument, I am against the killing of an animal...if it is purely for sport. If the animal is to be eaten than that is just the nature of things.

And finally, in my original post I said:

"...his death is a great loss. I did not agree with his methods but he did a lot of good during his life."

Let us end this debate as we are unlikely to agree...mostly because you didn’t even understand what I was trying to say. All I was trying to convey was; I found it appalling that he would endanger his child in that way and it bothered me the way he harassed the animals. In spite of that he contributed a great deal to the awareness of our endangered species and the importance of conservation.

RIP Steve Irwin

GOBB
09-04-2006, 09:38 PM
[QUOTE]And if he is so concerned with the welfare of animals, why didn

Nowitzki41MFFL
09-04-2006, 09:42 PM
:(

today has been a real bummer

exit
09-04-2006, 09:50 PM
"my life is so fragile! i am so sensitive. mom don't leave me! steve don't hurt the little creature! i am so scared. can anyone understand me? nobody understands me!!!"

the truth
09-04-2006, 10:17 PM
Becase it seems no matter what the case may be finding fault is more important than anything. I and many others dont feel he harrassed the animals. Why should he have to look at it from your perspective? What else dont you like...maybe we should stop and look at the world thru your eyes instead? :confusedshrug:

Now we're at a point where its a petty thing to bring up and we should be praising, celebrating a guy who loved what he did and helped this world. Guy left a legacy and impacted lifes and saved wildlife. Why mention that you "think" he harrassed the animals then to add "speak" what they could have been thinking? Ridiculous.

And excuse my rant for typing zootology and not zoology. :rolleyes:

Animal Planet featured a great story on his life, dealing with animals. You should have watched. He was heavily criticized for the baby incident so no people werent "ok" with it. More thought like you did. But questions were answered, people were enlightened and even those who still shook thier heads even after this got a sincere apology. I dont see why people still bring this up but i guess finding negative is something we as humans seek. Boils down to the two things u mentioned i thought were petty as hell. Pay homage and keep it moving is what should have happened but whatever. I'll give you a pass, benefit of the doubt since you seem to have a functioning brain between your ears unlike the snot nosed kid Hawker. So we'll both move on from this. Agree to disagree. :cheers:

For me, and anyone who has a basic knowledge of animal behaviour, it is as obvious as can be that he was harassing and stressing out the animals in order to educate. One does not need to have access to a creatures thoughts in order to make an educated guess as to its state of mind.

As for pointing out faults, I never knew he brought his baby with him into the croc pit so I was outraged. The harassment thing was something that came to mind because I don

Hawker
09-04-2006, 10:27 PM
GOBB what is with u calling me a snot nosed kid? Last time i checked everyone has snot in their nose unless ur not a human. And i kno we will disagree on this b/c ones mind wont change. So i just need to say that i liked his shows but the baby thing definetly crossed the line.

JSub
09-05-2006, 03:37 AM
GOBB what is with u calling me a snot nosed kid? Last time i checked everyone has snot in their nose unless ur not a human. And i kno we will disagree on this b/c ones mind wont change. So i just need to say that i liked his shows but the baby thing definetly crossed the line.

Just because you're a 10 year old kid, doesnt mean you have to sympathize with another fat baby. BOOHOO BOOHOO!! Crocodile!! Scary!!

Steve Irwin was the man. That incident was something the media conjured up to stir up shiz. It shouldnt even be on his record. The guy has done so much for both animal conservation/awareness and the country of Australia. He deserves to be honored.

Darsh
09-05-2006, 03:49 AM
Ya'll need to STFU and listen to gobb you DISRESPECTFUL PIECES OF S**T.

how can you be so be so short sighted to question the intentions of steve irwin when all hes ever done is educate the world and care for animals.

so f**king clueless.

Hawker
09-05-2006, 09:47 AM
Just because you're a 10 year old kid, doesnt mean you have to sympathize with another fat baby. BOOHOO BOOHOO!! Crocodile!! Scary!!

Steve Irwin was the man. That incident was something the media conjured up to stir up shiz. It shouldnt even be on his record. The guy has done so much for both animal conservation/awareness and the country of Australia. He deserves to be honored.

ok Jsub at first you diss steve irwin by calling his baby fat then u start to praise irwin?

Way to be hypocritical and at the same time an idiot.

I never said he had the wrong intentions of what he was doing but he had to tease animals to do so.

Hawker
09-05-2006, 09:48 AM
And darsh why to u put "To all Australians" instead of "to everyone" how can u be so shortsighted that steve wasnt just directing his audience toward australians?

JSub
09-05-2006, 10:36 AM
ok Jsub at first you diss steve irwin by calling his baby fat then u start to praise irwin?

Way to be hypocritical and at the same time an idiot.

I never said he had the wrong intentions of what he was doing but he had to tease animals to do so.

Anyone with a brain would realize that insult was directed toward YOU, you dumbass tool.

tontoz
09-05-2006, 11:45 AM
Looks like GOBB is a little confused. When I said Steve apparently never saw the stingray buried in the sand that stung him GOBB said;

"Its very well he saw the stringray burried and went towards it."

Then GOBB turns around and says,

"Steve wouldnt have swam near its tail where the barb is located because anyone who knows stingrays and has a clue wouldnt dare."

GOBB's view seems to change depending on who he is arguing with.

easythereliberace
09-05-2006, 12:17 PM
RIP Steve. You will be missed.

9spurs
09-05-2006, 12:47 PM
Inspite of his death, this is going to be my final post on ISH. Post #270

GOBB
09-05-2006, 02:32 PM
Looks like GOBB is a little confused. When I said Steve apparently never saw the stingray buried in the sand that stung him GOBB said;

"Its very well he saw the stringray burried and went towards it."

Then GOBB turns around and says,

"Steve wouldnt have swam near its tail where the barb is located because anyone who knows stingrays and has a clue wouldnt dare."

GOBB's view seems to change depending on who he is arguing with.

No it changes when you get what i believe is the correct information as his camera man/best friend explained what happened. And the snippet from the article you posted? Isnt what he said. So try again clown. :applause:

tontoz
09-05-2006, 03:13 PM
"No it changes when you get what i believe is the correct information as his camera man/best friend explained what happened. And the snippet from the article you posted? Isnt what he said. So try again clown"

Nice try goofball.

let me ask you a simple question which I know you won't answer.

Do you think he saw the stingray or not?

Shogon
09-05-2006, 08:13 PM
http://hunterjedispirit.ytmnd.com/

Darsh
09-05-2006, 11:38 PM
And darsh why to u put "To all Australians" instead of "to everyone" how can u be so shortsighted that steve wasnt just directing his audience toward australians?

as if it even matters?

i did it because i thought it would primarily concern australians. I wasnt sure if a bunch of nba junkies from the US would have any interest in his passing away.

but like i said.. how is that even an issue?

Kobe Jnr
12-18-2011, 01:17 AM
damn 5 years ago.. time goes way too fast..

BurningHammer
12-18-2011, 01:20 AM
damn 5 years ago.. time goes way too fast..
So how is his daughter going now?

Kobe Jnr
12-18-2011, 01:21 AM
So how is his daughter going now?
Still annoying. She appears on tv every now and then... feel like throwing the remote at the tv..

BoogieWoogieMan
12-18-2011, 01:22 AM
Still annoying. She appears on tv every now and then... feel like throwing the remote at the tv..

:oldlol:

BurningHammer
12-18-2011, 01:23 AM
To be fair, if his dad didn't wrestle with crocodiles, he would be even more annoying than her.

brantonli
12-18-2011, 03:37 AM
This was five years ago? :wtf: If you asked me today when did Steve Irwin died I would've answered 2 or 3 years max. Time does fly by...

ClutchBucketz
12-18-2011, 03:52 AM
To be fair, if his dad didn't wrestle with crocodiles, he would be even more annoying than her.

Crickey! these roses really go with the overall feel of the garden!

Anyway yeah time has flown by.. tragic loss.

Bosnian Sajo
12-18-2011, 04:01 AM
DAMN, GOBB was a hell of a douchebag back in the day :oldlol:

Destroying Hawker like it was personal or some shit, and of course TMOGE was there to back him up :roll: classic

craigthomasb
12-18-2011, 08:53 PM
No way! I was just watching him on TV the other day! wow, r.i.p

not srs

gigantes
12-18-2011, 09:40 PM
me? i think that bindi is PRETTY FECKIN COOL considering that she's just a tiny little girl hosting complex nature and animal topics, walking in the footsteps of giants.

but it must be nice to be a bratty college kid putting a bereaved little girl down for being 'annoying'.

not one of your harder battles in life, eh?