PDA

View Full Version : NBA Atlantic Division Predictions

insidehoops
09-08-2008, 03:26 PM
For the upcoming 2008-09 season, predict the order of finish for the five teams in the Atlantic Divsion. And, put at least one sentence next to each team, with your bottom-line thoughts about them. Put real insight into what you say, even if it's just a single sentence.

Useful: Check depth charts (http://www.insidehoops.com/depth-charts.shtml) (starters and key bench) for each team here. Hit that and remind yourself of each team's core players.

Also useful: Last season's final standings (http://www.insidehoops.com/standings.shtml).

Atlantic Divison teams: Boston, Toronto, Philadelphia, New Jersey, New York

ChuckOakley
09-08-2008, 03:36 PM
1. Boston - The King of the NBA
Predicted record: 55-27

2. Philly - All the need is another shooter and time.
Predicted record: 48-34

3. Toronto - So many questions. Can JO stay healthy? Can Calderon play 40 mins for 82 games? They may have the worst perimeter rotation in the NBA
Predicted record: 42-40

4. New Jersey - A rebuilding year with little expectations.
Predicted record: 30-52

5. New York - Another long season in NY.
Precicted record: 27-55

AItheAnswer3
09-08-2008, 03:38 PM
1. Boston
Defending Champs. Big 3. Nuff said

2. Philly
Had the best offseason in the NBA. Really improved their bench and added Elton and will make some noise in the playoffs.

3. Toronto
Added Jermaine but lost a couple of players. Who knows how many games will Jermaine play since he's injury-prone. Though I expect a much better season for the Raps. Bosh & Calderon are hungry and pumped up after winning medals in the Olympics.

4. New Jersey
In Rebuilding mode. Lost Kidd last season and now Richard Jefferson. Added Brook Lopez whom I predict will turn out to be a bust & Najera who will bring some energy off the bench. Carter will have a great season in terms of stats and this might be Devin Harris' breakout season. No more than 25 wins for the Nets.

5. New York Knicks
Arguably the worst team in the NBA. Everything's messed up for the Knicks. Things are totally going in the wrong direction.

out|hoops|side
09-08-2008, 03:54 PM
My predictions are the same as above, no point in being redundant.

Young Money
09-08-2008, 03:54 PM
1. Boston Celtics - I think they'll win 60+ games again this season and win the Eastern Conference as well.
Predicted Record - 64 -18

2. Philadelphia 76'ers - I see them gelling quickly and winning 50 games this season. They won't make it far in the playoffs though. I think it'll take them another year to qualify as true contenders for a championship.
Predicted Record - 50 -32

3. Toronto Raptors - They'll be barely edged out in the regular season by Philly, though I see them making more noise in the play-offs.
Predicted Record - 48 - 34

4. NY Knicks - I think they'll come close to 40 wins this season in a new rejuvenated system.
Predicted record - 37 - 45

5. NJ Nets - I don't see the Nets winning 40 games this season. I see them neck and neck with the Knicks as the seller dwellers of the Eastern conference.
Predicted Record - 34 - 48

ZeN
09-08-2008, 03:59 PM
1. Boston Celtics - I think they'll win 60+ games again this season and win the Eastern Conference as well.

2. Philadelphia 76'ers - I see them gelling quickly and winning 50 games this season. They won't make it far in the playoffs though. I think it'll take them another year to qualify as true contenders for a championship.
Predicted Record - 49 -33

3. Toronto Raptors - They'll be barely edged out in the regular season by Philly, though I see them making more noise in the play-offs.
Predicted Record - 44 - 38

4. NY Knicks - I think they'll come close to 40 wins this season in a new rejuvenated system.

5. NJ Nets - I don't see the Nets winning 40 games this season. I see them neck and neck with the Knicks as the seller dwellers of the Eastern conference.

that sounds about right...

LJJ
09-08-2008, 04:02 PM
1. Boston Celtics.
reigning champions. Not too old yet, but they won't dominate the East this season.

2. Toronto Raptors
Still weak on the wings, their achilles' heel since Vince left. The big ? is of course JO. Is he motivated and healthy? If the answer is yes, Toronto has a very dangerous squad that will dominate the boards against any opponent.

3. Phila 76ers
Their best player is the new guy. That always gives a few problems. With a point guard that always keeps everybody involved I doubt it will be a big problem though. Williams might become this seasons Monta Ellis.

4. New Jersey Nets
As long as Carter is still there, they will be in the place no team wants to be. Too good to get good picks, too bad to come close to making the playoffs. Carter will look great, the record will look bad.

5. New York Knicks
Still trash.

sixerfan3511
09-08-2008, 04:04 PM
this one's easy to me.

Boston
Philly
Toronto
New Jersey
New York

White Chocolate
09-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Boston(60-22)- not much will change since last year

Toronto(45-37)- acquiring Jermaine was a good move

Philadelphia(41-41)- Elton Brand will help, but competing in the same division as Boston/Toronto and the same conference as Detroit won't help

New Jersey(34-48)- rebuilding year

New York(25-57)- nothing will change, well maybe an extra win or two

AItheAnswer3
09-08-2008, 04:14 PM
Nets won 34 games last year
Quite surprising how some of you have them winning 34 games this season

T.O.RAPS
09-08-2008, 04:20 PM
1. Celtics
2. Raps
3. Sixers
4. Knicks
5. Nets

out|hoops|side
09-08-2008, 04:35 PM
Nets won 34 games last year
Quite surprising how some of you have them winning 34 games this season

You think they will win more or less?

quasimoto
09-08-2008, 04:36 PM
Wow, the Nets' roster looks really awful. They have Vince Carter and that's basically it. :confusedshrug: They better get that no. 1 pick.

AItheAnswer3
09-08-2008, 04:37 PM
You think they will win more or less?

Less! Not more than 25 wins as far as I'm concerned.

nicsman
09-08-2008, 04:55 PM

Philadelphia(41-41)- Elton Brand will help, but competing in the same division as Boston/Toronto and the same conference as Detroit won't help

Wait, Philly only winning one more game than last year, even after replacing Calvin Booth, Rodney Carney, Kevin Ollie, Shavlik Randolph and Louis Amundson with Elton Brand, Kareem Rush, Theo Ratliff, Royal Ivey and Donyell Marshall? We've only lost Jason Smith, and Lou, Iggy and Thad have another year of experience under their belts. I don't get it.

out|hoops|side
09-08-2008, 05:02 PM
Less! Not more than 25 wins as far as I'm concerned.

Okay good!

sixerfan3511
09-08-2008, 05:21 PM

dude ur an idiot...one more win with all the additions we've made and the young guys having another year under their belts? you should have your posting ability taken from you

White Chocolate
09-08-2008, 08:02 PM
dude ur an idiot...one more win with all the additions we've made and the young guys having another year under their belts? you should have your posting ability taken from you

And you should die from AIDS. Good luck competing with Boston, Toronto, and Detroit.

Beebo
09-08-2008, 08:50 PM
And you should die from AIDS. Good luck competing with Boston, Toronto, and Detroit.

That was pretty harsh....

1~Gibson~1
09-08-2008, 08:58 PM
And you should die from AIDS. Good luck competing with Boston, Toronto, and Detroit.i agree with sixers fan. They've added a superstar to the team, yet they only get one more win than last season :wtf: . That doesnt make since.

Kiddlovesnets
09-08-2008, 09:08 PM
i agree with sixers fan. They've added a superstar to the team, yet they only get one more win than last season :wtf: . That doesnt make since.

The sixers did add a superstar but he is actually still the only superstar on that team. Who else would you say is eligible for a nomination of superstar? Miller or Iguadala?

Mr Know It All
09-08-2008, 09:40 PM
1) Boston - Defending Champs, enough said. Lost Posey, will probably regress, but still far and away the class of this division.

2) Toronto - This team is gonna make some noise as long as JO can stay healthy, and I believe he will. They aren't great on the wings, but they do have fanastic shooters and some good energy guys. If Bargnani can improve they could be top 3 in the conference.

3) Philadelphia - Obviously an improvement will come, but they still lack shooting and with all the injury concerns of O'Neal in Toronto people forget that Brand missed almost an entire season last year. Could be very close with them and Toronto though.

4) New Jersey - Tossup between them and New York, they are both just waiting for the summer of Lebron, anything until then is just icing on the cake as far as performance goes.

5) New York - See above

NY Comeback
09-08-2008, 10:42 PM
5. New York Knicks
Arguably the worst team in the NBA. Everything's messed up for the Knicks. Things are totally going in the wrong direction.
Yeah cuz firing Isaiah, replacing him with Walsh, and D'Antoni, getting a high draft pick, and the emergence of Chandler mean noting. :oldlol: @ some of you.

Boston: (62-20)
Philly: (52-30)
Toronto: (47-35)
New York: (30-52)
New Jersey: (24-58)

sixerfan3511
09-09-2008, 02:07 AM

no i think ill pass on that offer, thanks though i appreciate it

sixerfan3511
09-09-2008, 02:08 AM
The sixers did add a superstar but he is actually still the only superstar on that team. Who else would you say is eligible for a nomination of superstar? Miller or Iguadala?

who cares if he's our only legit superstar? we have a lot of good young talent around him and some good veteran players as well. We have a good mix of both, and that is more than enough to be a legitimate team in the East. We're only going to get better within the next 2 years

sixerfan3511
09-09-2008, 02:11 AM
[QUOTE=Mr Know It All
3) Philadelphia - Obviously an improvement will come, but they still lack shooting and with all the injury concerns of O'Neal in Toronto people forget that Brand missed almost an entire season last year. Could be very close with them and Toronto though.
[/QUOTE]

O'Neal is hurt every year, Brand had only 1 big injury, and took his time with it and came back at the end of last year, played pretty well i might add. Toronto has much more to worry about injury wise. JO goes down, they have nothing to back him up

fiddy
09-09-2008, 04:55 AM
76ers
Celtics
Raptors
Nets
Knicks

lawlerslaw100
09-09-2008, 04:58 AM
Cs

Best record in the East 54-28. The team's bench is vulnerable
and again they are vulnerable at the point. Plus they
will have a target on the back of their jerseys.

Sixers

Solid season. 50-32. I don't see Andre Miller being much help
in the playoffs though. Agree with others about this being
a quick playoff exit. Brand will have a solid 23 and 11 season.

Raptors

JO will being an MIP candidate with a solid comeback season.
If this happens the Raptors will challenge the Cs in the Eastern
conference finals. 48-34.

Knicks

Not as bad as predictions especially if they get rid of Zach.
D'Antoni's coaching will lead to an improved but still losing
season. Q Rich will be improved under the system. 30-52.

Nets

Outside of Devin Harris and Vince Carter, the offense is
lacking. Plus the D is weak. Traded the present aging
team for the future rebuild. 26-56.

AItheAnswer3
09-09-2008, 06:55 AM
Yeah cuz firing Isaiah, replacing him with Walsh, and D'Antoni, getting a high draft pick, and the emergence of Chandler mean noting. :oldlol: @ some of you.

Says the Knicks fan :applause:

RAPSCANWIN
09-09-2008, 08:18 AM
1. Boston Celtics.
reigning champions. Not too old yet, but they won't dominate the East this season.

2. Toronto Raptors
Still weak on the wings, their achilles' heel since Vince left. The big ? is of course JO. Is he motivated and healthy? If the answer is yes, Toronto has a very dangerous squad that will dominate the boards against any opponent.

3. Phila 76ers
Their best player is the new guy. That always gives a few problems. With a point guard that always keeps everybody involved I doubt it will be a big problem though. Williams might become this seasons Monta Ellis.

4. New Jersey Nets
As long as Carter is still there, they will be in the place no team wants to be. Too good to get good picks, too bad to come close to making the playoffs. Carter will look great, the record will look bad.

5. New York Knicks
Still trash.

This is a pretty good assessment, although I see the Knicks being better then the nets. Dantonis going to have them humming up and down the court.
I also see the Raps putting pressure on the C's for first. Might not be popular for me to say this, but I also see Philly just above .500.

Kiddlovesnets
09-09-2008, 01:56 PM
This is a pretty good assessment, although I see the Knicks being better then the nets. Dantonis going to have them humming up and down the court.
I also see the Raps putting pressure on the C's for first. Might not be popular for me to say this, but I also see Philly just above .500.

Lol you should change your username to RAPSCANWINONLYINREGULARSEASON and it will become more realistic.

I'm sorry but the Knicks are going to suck as they were last season and honestly, the Raps can't win in postseason and no way they're going to challenge the Celtics...

RAPSCANWIN
09-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Lol you should change your username to RAPSCANWINONLYINREGULARSEASON and it will become more realistic.

I'm sorry but the Knicks are going to suck as they were last season and honestly, the Raps can't win in postseason and no way they're going to challenge the Celtics...

Yeah Yeah ...good one, you got me that time.

And your right, we havent won a playoff series since beating the Knicks several post seasons ago. However the 2008/2009 Raps should be the best we've had years. I do think we'll challenge the C's this year, why you ask? because we've gotten better and they have not.

Kiddlovesnets
09-09-2008, 02:43 PM
Yeah Yeah ...good one, you got me that time.

And your right, we havent won a playoff series since beating the Knicks several post seasons ago. However the 2008/2009 Raps should be the best we've had years. I do think we'll challenge the C's this year, why you ask? because we've gotten better and they have not.

The Raptors should be better than last year but how come they're able to challenge the Celtics when even teams like the Lakers/Rockets arent.

BankShot
09-09-2008, 03:07 PM
1. Celtics
2. Sixers
3. Raptors
4. Knicks
5. Nets

Nets fan 93
09-09-2008, 04:21 PM

Predicted Record - 50 -32

Predicted Record - 48 - 34

:eek: :wtf:

Switch the Nets record and Knicks record and I'll be happy.

How are knicks rejuvinated?
Did they get rid of Randolph? No
Did they get rid of Marbury? No
Did they draft a player that is playing the same position as Ewing, Chandler, Rich? Yes

Did they trade Balkman for nothing? Yes

Yeah they are really rejuvinated.

Nets have more talent imo

Harris
Carter
Simmons(isnt as bad as you think) he will be a starter again.
Yi
Boone/Lopez not sure but are both good.

Dooling is better than Duhon
CDR is better than... umm.. you guys still have jones?
Hayes is imo better than Gallo
Swat<Lee but Swat is still good
Brook>>>>>>James

im seeing a much better season than the Knicks.

White Chocolate
09-09-2008, 05:09 PM
Can someone explain to me how some people have the Knicks over the Nets? The Knicks are not winning more than 30 games until Chumpbury and Z-Burger are gone.

AItheAnswer3
09-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Can someone explain to me how some people have the Knicks over the Nets? The Knicks are not winning more than 30 games until Chumpbury and Z-Burger are gone.

None of the teams are winning 30+ games
Oh & for the record
Nets>Knicks

1~Gibson~1
09-09-2008, 05:28 PM
The Raptors should be better than last year but how come they're able to challenge the Celtics when even teams like the Lakers/Rockets arent.matchups. The Lakers had Pau (who is a softie) on KG but the Raps are gonna put JO (bigger and stronger than Pau) on KG + you add the fact that both the Raps' big men can score so if KG is guarding Bosh then JO will score over Perk and vice-versa for Bosh.

Kiddlovesnets
09-09-2008, 08:01 PM
matchups. The Lakers had Pau (who is a softie) on KG but the Raps are gonna put JO (bigger and stronger than Pau) on KG + you add the fact that both the Raps' big men can score so if KG is guarding Bosh then JO will score over Perk and vice-versa for Bosh.

Interesting, but I'd make an avatar bet with anyone on this board that there's simply no way for the Raptors to upset Celtics in a best of seven series.

Se
09-09-2008, 08:59 PM

/thread

basketballer4
09-09-2008, 09:09 PM
1.Celtics-1st best team in the Atlantic
2.76ers-2nd best team in the Atlantic
3.Nets-3rd best team in the Atlantic
4.Knicks-4th best team in the Atlantic
5.Raptors-5th best team in the Atlantic

Nets fan 93
09-09-2008, 09:32 PM
[QUOTE=Se

RAPSCANWIN
09-10-2008, 08:22 AM
Interesting, but I'd make an avatar bet with anyone on this board that there's simply no way for the Raptors to upset Celtics in a best of seven series.

This was never about winning in a 7 game series. Its about challenging them for the Atlantic division. And by the way, challenging doesnt mean the Raps are going to win the division, it simply means they will put alot more pressure then last year. Why? cause the Raps got better and the C's didnt.

danumber88
09-10-2008, 06:00 PM
1. Boston (lock) 55+ wins

2. Raptors 42 wins + / Philly 42 wins +

3/4 NJ or Knicks, i trust the Knicks will add saoem more wins now that Gallinari is added to the roster, sitll no signs of changes. NJ lost some players, w'ell see how they hang on

28 wins top. or lower.

Real Men Wear Green
09-11-2008, 11:07 AM
This Knicks/Nets argument is a laugh. "No, you won't win 30 games, we will! The fifth spot in the lottery is ours!" I'm so glad the Cs stopped sucking like that.

Maniak
09-11-2008, 07:06 PM

this coming from a guy whose name is kiddlovesnets....

Kiddlovesnets
09-11-2008, 08:23 PM
this coming from a guy whose name is kiddlovesnets....

Kidd still loves Nets and I'll prove this to you sooner or later...
:banghead:

Nets fan 93
09-11-2008, 09:44 PM
This Knicks/Nets argument is a laugh. "No, you won't win 30 games, we will! The fifth spot in the lottery is ours!" I'm so glad the Cs stopped sucking like that.
:rolleyes:
I am defending my fave team from an ignorant fan of the knicks. No way a team with 2 cancers (Randolph and Marbury) will be better than a young and hopefully exciting team like NJ. Nets will have 34 wins and the knicks will have 29.

sixerfan3511
09-11-2008, 10:42 PM

its ok, you guys will be right where they are in 2 or 3 years

out|hoops|side
09-12-2008, 02:34 AM
1.Celtics-1st best team in the Atlantic
2.76ers-2nd best team in the Atlantic
3.Nets-3rd best team in the Atlantic
4.Knicks-4th best team in the Atlantic
5.Raptors-5th best team in the Atlantic

LOL! Nets and Knicks ahead of Raps? Give your head a shake, then smash it with a blunt object, and then you will be able to post something more intelligible.

AItheAnswer3
09-12-2008, 06:27 AM

No he doesnt.

Real Men Wear Green
09-13-2008, 10:54 PM
its ok, you guys will be right where they are in 2 or 3 years
Happens to everyone sooner or later, but I didn't know KG came with an expiration date. I dread the day, but for now the NBA Championship will just have to console us poor Celtic fans.

Maniak
09-14-2008, 10:41 AM

:roll:

its not only that, its that your top 10 lists SUCK, your opinions SUCK, and many people agree

T-Low
09-14-2008, 01:03 PM
Celtics (60-22) -- Again, the big 3 will bring what it takes to win. With the the acquiring of Bill Walker and Darius Miles, the team will do exactly what they did last season.

Raptors (49-33) -- Raptors, with the acquiring of JO in the offseason, should make a run for second best in the Atlantic. Parker and Kapono will strive in this system of JO and Bosh. Calderon, will be the anchor of this team.

Sixers (48-34) -- With Brand in the system with Iggy and Miller, the team will do better by 8 games. Brand will miss a few games this season, but nothing to serious. They will tie Toronto in the season series but will lose the last game of the season.

Nets (33-49) -- Nets won't do as well as last season with the loss of Jefferson, but with Simmons and Yi, they might be able to make a splash. Nothing big though.

Knicks (31-51) -- Knicks will do better under D-Antoni's system with the emergence of Chandler. If Curry stays healthy and the trade goes through with Randolph, this team might be able to improve a few games. Might be over-estimating.

Heretik32
09-14-2008, 01:05 PM

Kidd loves nets so much he aims for them when shooting.

-NB-
09-16-2008, 11:37 AM
Celtics (56-26) -- Big 3... Why will be 10 less wins in regular season? More rest time for leaders.

Sixers (49-33) -- Line-up is realy looks very strong. The biggest question is - if the coach will use their potential.

Raptors (41-41) -- IMHO, JO - isn't sth special, so he won't make the effect on the team as everybody expect. The team is the same level as previous season.

Knicks (33-49) -- The last season was the worst, so they will make some conclusions and in 08/09 will be better, I hope.

Nets (29-53) -- They lost some very important guy and didn't get as good as lost.

ForceOfNature
09-16-2008, 02:42 PM
1 - Boston Celtics (55-27)

2 - Philadelphia 76ers (49-33)

3 - Toronto Raptors (45-39)

4 - New York Knicks (33-49) -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RSByXfL4dU

5 - New Jersey Nets (28-54)

DouXer4ouR
09-16-2008, 09:32 PM
1. Celtics-One of the best teams in the NBA
2. Raptors- will be better off with Calderon at PG, and O'neal will give them a boost on defense.
3.Philly- Brand makes them much better, and adds veteran presence, may give the Raptors a run for their money at number 2.
4. Knicks- D'antoni will make their offense put up big numbers, but will there defense be able to stop anyone? Doubt it.
5. Nets- They are waiting for 2010, not a bad idea.

nucomy
09-19-2008, 02:03 AM
[QUOTE=ChuckOakley]1. Boston - The King of the NBA

3. Toronto - So many questions. Can JO stay healthy? Can Calderon play 40 mins for 82 games? They may have the worst perimeter rotation in the NBA

lol, Can Calderon play 40 mins haha where did that question come from, real question is can andre miller who's older play 40 mins!, i think calderon and his youth will be just fine and i think toronto pg situation is better then phillys even with toronto having a very unknown backup. Calderon>Miller

Can JO stay healthy? well wasnt Brand Injured aswell? Nd Brand hasnt even been on a winning team (excluding that one LA team).

As for Perimeter, we may have the worst perimeter rotation? where in the world did that come from, im pretty sure we dont have a good perimeter rotation but its not the worst, nd also our perimeter squad will benefit since our inside is so strong. but once again you have three proven shooters in anthony parker, kapono and calderon who last year all shot 43% from 3 pt range or better. calderon shot 50+ from the floor, 43% from 3 pt range and 90+ at the line.

We dont need an alstar shooter, we have 2 in the middle and a pg that may even get an alstar nod.

NOW THE PROBLEM...is defense, however wit our interior being upgraded defensively, our perimeter defenders can play more out which will help big time...

so all you philly lovers, philly will make the playoffs this yr but they aint gonna be over t.o. in the standing, aslong as t.o. doesnt have ne big injuries, but the same goes for philly.

ShamRockStar
09-19-2008, 02:48 PM
Raptors do have worst perimeter rotation in the league IMO, no athleticism, defense, ability to take defenders off the dribble, etc. They can shoot 3s, but thats it. It can be effective if JO and Bosh remain healthy and draw doubles in the low and high post.

T-Low
09-19-2008, 10:24 PM
Raptors do have worst perimeter rotation in the league IMO, no athleticism, defense, ability to take defenders off the dribble, etc. They can shoot 3s, but thats it. It can be effective if JO and Bosh remain healthy and draw doubles in the low and high post.

Actually, I don't believe that one bit. Oklahoma City, New York, and a few other have a worst perimeter rotation. Parker is a good perimeter defender but not a good interior, back to basket defender. Moon can stay with his player and even if his player gets past him, he seems to be able to get the block. Kapono, well, Kapono has no defense but he can shoot the 3 efficiently. Hassan Adams will help with his D. Parker also has a good mid range jumper. Moon showed that he has some 3-point ability but he needs to use it a bit more effectively. Hassan's mid range jumper is mint. Kapono, when in the mid-range area, can drain.

So that statement=false.

Nets fan 93
09-20-2008, 03:35 PM
Actually, I don't believe that one bit. Oklahoma City, New York, and a few other have a worst perimeter rotation. Parker is a good perimeter defender but not a good interior, back to basket defender. Moon can stay with his player and even if his player gets past him, he seems to be able to get the block. Kapono, well, Kapono has no defense but he can shoot the 3 efficiently. Hassan Adams will help with his D. Parker also has a good mid range jumper. Moon showed that he has some 3-point ability but he needs to use it a bit more effectively. Hassan's mid range jumper is mint. Kapono, when in the mid-range area, can drain.

So that statement=false.
Hassan plays D? I never saw him playing good D... solid offensive player that slashes though

Nets fan 93
09-20-2008, 03:39 PM
1 - Boston Celtics (55-27)

2 - Philadelphia 76ers (49-33)

3 - Toronto Raptors (45-39)

4 - New York Knicks (33-49) -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RSByXfL4dU

5 - New Jersey Nets (28-54)
:roll: Nice video..

but.. Nets I garuntee will have more than 28 wins...

72-10
09-20-2008, 09:13 PM
Boston, 58-24
Until another team proves otherwise...

Toronto, 52-30
Young and should improve. Toronto presents main challenge for Boston.

Philadelphia, 44-38
Middle of the pack in the East. Probably lock up an 8 seed.

New York, 28-54 (do not qualify for playoffs)
They're the Knicks.

New Jersey, 27-55 (do not qualify for playoffs)
On paper they might be the worst team in the league.

White Chocolate
09-20-2008, 09:17 PM
No way the Knicks finish with more wins than the Nets.

Nets fan 93
09-20-2008, 10:03 PM
Boston, 58-24

Toronto, 52-30

Philadelphia, 44-38

They're the Knicks.

okay...

Harris>Westbrook
Carter>Durant
Simmons<Green
Yi<Wilcox
Boone/Lopez>>Swift/Petro?

No way Nets are the worst, imo...
Nets>Wolves
Nets>Knicks
Nets>Grizzles
Nets>T-wolves
Nets>Kings

and probably others..

No way the Knicks finish with more wins than the Nets.
Repped for having a brain.

hassano
09-21-2008, 02:17 AM
okay...

Harris>Westbrook
Carter>Durant
Simmons<Green
Yi<Wilcox

Nets>Wolves
Nets>Knicks
Nets>Grizzles
Nets>T-wolves
Nets>Kings

and probably others..

All bolded statements are compeletely wack...
and saying the nets are better than the wolves and t-wolves just to make it look like there better than a lot of teams... cmon now:hammerhead:

But ill give you one thing, the nets are better than the knicks:cheers:

Skywalker
09-21-2008, 08:47 AM
lol does it really matter? Nets suck

Nets fan 93
09-21-2008, 02:58 PM
All bolded statements are compeletely wack...
and saying the nets are better than the wolves and t-wolves just to make it look like there better than a lot of teams... cmon now:hammerhead:

But ill give you one thing, the nets are better than the knicks:cheers:
Well he said "They may be the worst team in the L, so I listed teams the Nets are better then..

lol does it really matter? Nets suck
yeah, coz Nets arent worse than the knicks...

T-Low
09-21-2008, 03:26 PM
Honestly, don't be surprised if the nets make a wacked out push. Young core centered around Carter. Harris can put up numbers, have good young centers....I might have underestimated them...

snipes12
10-01-2008, 06:54 AM
knicks lineup
nate
crawford
richardson
randolph
curry

still a strong contender in the east ...... for a lottery pick

Skywalker
10-01-2008, 08:41 AM
Dook Lopez will be a huge bust. Its almost guaranteed.

kwajo
10-01-2008, 09:24 AM
1. Boston (52-20)
2. Philly (47-25)
3. Raptors (46-26)
4. New York (40-42)
5. New Jersey (25-47)

A.M.G.
10-01-2008, 03:41 PM
okay...

Harris>Westbrook
Carter>Durant
Simmons<Green
Yi<Wilcox

Nets>Wolves
Nets>Knicks
Nets>Grizzles
Nets>T-wolves
Nets>Kings

and probably others..

Repped for having a brain.
Holy ****, the Nets are better than the Wolves AND the T-Wolves?!?!? Well that's impressive.

he Nets aren't better than the Kings, and really they probably aren't better than the T-Wolves or the Wolves.:oldlol:

They are better than total piles of crap like the Thunder, the Grizzlies, and the Knickles. And even the Knicks might get themselves together somewhat under D'Antoni.

So the Nets are definitely in the bottom 6 in the league, most likely in the bottom 3-4. Frankly, you should hope that the Nets are worse than the Knicks, because a really high draft pick should help you draft a legit big man to pair with Lebron (Griffin, Mullens?). You won't be bad for too long, because you have good management, but this year you are at the bottom of the barrel.

Nets fan 93
10-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Dook Lopez will be a huge bust. Its almost guaranteed.
cant wait to bump this

Nets fan 93
10-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Holy ****, the Nets are better than the Wolves AND the T-Wolves?!?!? Well that's impressive.

he Nets aren't better than the Kings, and really they probably aren't better than the T-Wolves or the Wolves.:oldlol:

They are better than total piles of crap like the Thunder, the Grizzlies, and the Knickles. And even the Knicks might get themselves together somewhat under D'Antoni.

So the Nets are definitely in the bottom 6 in the league, most likely in the bottom 3-4. Frankly, you should hope that the Nets are worse than the Knicks, because a really high draft pick should help you draft a legit big man to pair with Lebron (Griffin, Mullens?). You won't be bad for too long, because you have good management, but this year you are at the bottom of the barrel.
Yes I garuntee Nets will do better than the kings. Kings lost their best defender, Miller is aging. They are younger than the nets. We have a veteran lineup...(kinda), Simmons, Carter, Devin(5 years=vet imo, a young one tho)... yi and Lopez.. not so much...lol. But the kings have and udrih,Martin, Hawes,Garcia(?) maybe? Idk it will be close but they wont be better imo..:bowdown: Garcia tho... I only listed the crappy teams, OKC, grizzles, knicks.. coz someone said we would be the worst team, so i listed teams Nets are better than... geez
BTW if we had good management.. why did we sign Najera over boki and RJ for Simmons an yi?also why does frank still have a job?

SHEED_ gangsta
10-01-2008, 08:49 PM
all I know is Raps will finsish higher than the Sixers

Piercethetruth
10-01-2008, 10:23 PM
1. Boston - The King of the NBA

4. New Jersey - A rebuilding year with little expectations.
Predicted record: 30-52

5. New York - Another long season in NY.
Precicted record: 27-55

Celtics will win 64 games this year.

pete's montreux
10-01-2008, 10:25 PM
1. Boston (52-20)
2. Philly (47-25)
3. Raptors (46-26)
4. New York (40-42)
5. New Jersey (25-47)

:hammerhead:

Kiddlovesnets
10-01-2008, 11:43 PM
1. Boston Celtics 64-18
2. Toronto Raptors 47-35
3. Philadelphia 76ers 45-37
4. New Jersey Nets 32-50
5. New York Knicks 21-61

A.M.G.
10-02-2008, 01:52 AM
Yes I garuntee Nets will do better than the kings. Kings lost their best defender, Miller is aging. They are younger than the nets. We have a veteran lineup...(kinda), Simmons, Carter, Devin(5 years=vet imo, a young one tho)... yi and Lopez.. not so much...lol. But the kings have and udrih,Martin, Hawes,Garcia(?) maybe? Idk it will be close but they wont be better imo..:bowdown: Garcia tho... I only listed the crappy teams, OKC, grizzles, knicks.. coz someone said we would be the worst team, so i listed teams Nets are better than... geez
BTW if we had good management.. why did we sign Najera over boki and RJ for Simmons an yi?also why does frank still have a job?
The Kings look terrible on paper, but when you see them play they're not a jumbled mess like the T-Wolves or the Knicks. They have an actual system, actual coaching, a balanced team. With the Nets I see two scorers and a bunch of crap and youth. The Kings turn it over like mad and will get trounced by most Western teams, but they will win both games against the Nets this year, and against other bad Eastern teams as well.

And really, when it's so obvious that the Nets are mediocre and aren't going to make the playoffs with that logjammed, inexperienced frontcourt, why do you even want them to do well record wise compared to other lottery teams? You guys should tank to get a high pick and try to find which of those big men are actually going to fit beside a certain 2010 Free Agent.

And when I said you have good management, I kind of meant compared to the T-Wolves, the "Thunder", the Grizzlies, and the Knicks up until a few months ago.

iggy>
10-02-2008, 02:47 AM
Boston, 58-24

Toronto, 52-30

Philadelphia, 44-38

They're the Knicks.

:wtf:

RAPSCANWIN
10-02-2008, 08:26 AM
Celtics (60-22) -- Again, the big 3 will bring what it takes to win. With the the acquiring of Bill Walker and Darius Miles, the team will do exactly what they did last season.

Raptors (49-33) -- Raptors, with the acquiring of JO in the offseason, should make a run for second best in the Atlantic. Parker and Kapono will strive in this system of JO and Bosh. Calderon, will be the anchor of this team.

Sixers (48-34) -- With Brand in the system with Iggy and Miller, the team will do better by 8 games. Brand will miss a few games this season, but nothing to serious. They will tie Toronto in the season series but will lose the last game of the season.

Nets (33-49) -- Nets won't do as well as last season with the loss of Jefferson, but with Simmons and Yi, they might be able to make a splash. Nothing big though.

Knicks (31-51) -- Knicks will do better under D-Antoni's system with the emergence of Chandler. If Curry stays healthy and the trade goes through with Randolph, this team might be able to improve a few games. Might be over-estimating.

This is a good assessment of the division, I'd have the records more like this.

1. Boston 58 - 24 Team to beat

2. Toronto 48 - 34 Just a much better team then last year.

3. Philly 45 - 37 Won't be sneaking up on people like last year in 2nd half.

4 Jersey 40 - 42 Will be better then we think

5. Knicks 25 - 47 Sorry Dantoni, should have brought Nash with you.

GOBB
10-07-2008, 10:24 PM
I have Sixers pegged at 45-37. Keep in mind to me Sixers were a 33 win team last year. So adding 12 wins would be nice and gives fans and outsiders a realistic view of how good they truly are. Anything else (45+)? Would be nice.

Biggest thing to watch is how this team shoots (midrange and downtown).

Detroit and Boston is who I wanna see the Sixers fare against.

GOBB
10-07-2008, 10:27 PM
This is a good assessment of the division, I'd have the records more like this.

1. Boston 58 - 24 Team to beat

2. Toronto 48 - 34 Just a much better team then last year.

3. Philly 45 - 37 Won't be sneaking up on people like last year in 2nd half.

4 Jersey 40 - 42 Will be better then we think

5. Knicks 25 - 47 Sorry Dantoni, should have brought Nash with you.

Why do you think Sixers wont be sneaking up on people when everyone knew about this team LAST SEASON? :confusedshrug:

I dont get why people act like the Sixers are this minor league batter called up who hit 25hrs as the season ends. Teams were aware of the Sixers. The whole "wont be sneaking up" logic applies to the begginning of last season. Not THIS season. Wake up.

RAPSCANWIN
10-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Why do you think Sixers wont be sneaking up on people when everyone knew about this team LAST SEASON? :confusedshrug:

I dont get why people act like the Sixers are this minor league batter called up who hit 25hrs as the season ends. Teams were aware of the Sixers. The whole "wont be sneaking up" logic applies to the begginning of last season. Not THIS season. Wake up.

I disagree, they were terrible in the first half last year and tore it up after the Allstar break.

You wake up.

AI09
10-10-2008, 05:24 PM
[QUOTE=ChuckOakley]1. Boston - The King of the NBA

lol, Can Calderon play 40 mins haha where did that question come from, real question is can andre miller who's older play 40 mins!, i think calderon and his youth will be just fine and i think toronto pg situation is better then phillys even with toronto having a very unknown backup. Calderon>MillerCan JO stay healthy? well wasnt Brand Injured aswell? Nd Brand hasnt even been on a winning team (excluding that one LA team).

As for Perimeter, we may have the worst perimeter rotation? where in the world did that come from, im pretty sure we dont have a good perimeter rotation but its not the worst, nd also our perimeter squad will benefit since our inside is so strong. but once again you have three proven shooters in anthony parker, kapono and calderon who last year all shot 43% from 3 pt range or better. calderon shot 50+ from the floor, 43% from 3 pt range and 90+ at the line.

We dont need an alstar shooter, we have 2 in the middle and a pg that may even get an alstar nod.

NOW THE PROBLEM...is defense, however wit our interior being upgraded defensively, our perimeter defenders can play more out which will help big time...

so all you philly lovers, philly will make the playoffs this yr but they aint gonna be over t.o. in the standing, aslong as t.o. doesnt have ne big injuries, but the same goes for philly.

lmao first of all Calderon isnt better then Miller.
id say Miller>Jose. Miller still has game u probaly havnt seen him play last season he went 17ppg 7apg 4rpg and 1.3 spg
also how is the pg situation better in toronto than in philly
Andre Miller/Louis Williams/Royal Ivey is 100 times better than Calderon/Roko Ukic?/Will Solomon?

brwnman
10-10-2008, 05:48 PM
lmao first of all Calderon isnt better then Miller.
id say Miller>Jose. Miller still has game u probaly havnt seen him play last season he went 17ppg 7apg 4rpg and 1.3 spg
also how is the pg situation better in toronto than in philly
Andre Miller/Louis Williams/Royal Ivey is 100 times better than Calderon/Roko Ukic?/Will Solomon?

Calderon is better than Andre Miller. As far as the PG situation, Toronto's is unproven when it comes to backup point, but I am pretty high on Roko. However, it's going to take some time for him to learn the NBA and the early indications is that Solomon is sorta like Louis Williams, he's a scorer. Louis Williams is more proven and is better in my opinion and he has youth going for him as well. In any case, Calderon will be playing the bulk of the minutes and he's the best point out of the bunch...

AI09
10-10-2008, 06:23 PM
Calderon is better than Andre Miller. As far as the PG situation, Toronto's is unproven when it comes to backup point, but I am pretty high on Roko. However, it's going to take some time for him to learn the NBA and the early indications is that Solomon is sorta like Louis Williams, he's a scorer. Louis Williams is more proven and is better in my opinion and he has youth going for him as well. In any case, Calderon will be playing the bulk of the minutes and he's the best point out of the bunch...

im sorry but i dont agree with you on calderon being better then miller, but i will admit that its close. Miller is a proven pg that will always show up and play CONSISTINTLY. They have different types games but they both know how to pass. They both pass well and find the open player and get it to the right guy the diffrence is Jose is more of a outside scorer and Miller is a back to the basket point gaurd and gets into the paint easier with his power. Miller had his best season since 01-02 but i do belive that Jose will be better then Miller but as of now i think Miller is the better PG.

As for Roko and Solomon they have alot to prove before raptor fans can start praising them. I understand the argument between miller and jose but saying that the raptors have better pgs then the sixers is just stupid because roko and solomon havnt shown anything for me to bealive that statement.

AI09
10-10-2008, 06:32 PM
lol, Can Calderon play 40 mins haha where did that question come from, real question is can andre miller who's older play 40 mins!, i think calderon and his youth will be just fine and i think toronto pg situation is better then phillys even with toronto having a very unknown backup. Calderon>Miller

Can JO stay healthy? well wasnt Brand Injured aswell? Nd Brand hasnt even been on a winning team (excluding that one LA team).

i think what he meant by can jose play 40mins is that he really doesnt have any proven pg backups to step up when hes out. As for miller he doesnt need to play 40mins becasue the emergence of louis williams. i think miller will be fine with 30mins a night and miller is solid he barly ever misses any games. Hes been in the nba for 9 years (this is gonna be his tenth) and hes never played less than 80 games each year.

brwnman
10-10-2008, 07:53 PM
im sorry but i dont agree with you on calderon being better then miller, but i will admit that its close. Miller is a proven pg that will always show up and play CONSISTINTLY. They have different types games but they both know how to pass. They both pass well and find the open player and get it to the right guy the diffrence is Jose is more of a outside scorer and Miller is a back to the basket point gaurd and gets into the paint easier with his power. Miller had his best season since 01-02 but i do belive that Jose will be better then Miller but as of now i think Miller is the better PG.

As for Roko and Solomon they have alot to prove before raptor fans can start praising them. I understand the argument between miller and jose but saying that the raptors have better pgs then the sixers is just stupid because roko and solomon havnt shown anything for me to bealive that statement.

It's not stupid to say Raptors have better PGs. I guess it depends on where you view Calderon and Andre Miller. I view Calderon better than Miller, and the remaining minutes will be handed to Roko or Solomon which won't be significant enough to swing the pendulum unless if they really suck. As I said and have been saying since the Raptors drafted Roko, he will be a very good NBA player. I will not be surprised if Roko ends up grabbing the starting PG spot from Jose in a couple of years. Also, Roko can play both guard positions, sort of like Lou Williams, but their games are also different. You will see Roko as a guy that can control the tempo of a game as a point, but can become a scorer and a penetrator when need be. Also, for a PG, he's got great size and length and is very good getting into the passing lanes. He'll be a lot like Jose his first year, where he's gonna be brought in slowly and having Solomon there is gonna help. From hearing Raps fans and reading and seeing what I have, Solomon is like a mini Mike James off the bench, which is not bad at all. In the end, this comes down to Calderon vs. Miller and in that regard, I like Calderon better...

GOBB
10-10-2008, 08:18 PM
I disagree, they were terrible in the first half last year and tore it up after the Allstar break.

You wake up.

Everyone knew about the Sixers last season. You're moronic to assume otherwise. And even more moronic to think teams dont know another team based on records. :oldlol:

Elton Brand said he kept an eye on the Sixers because of what they did the season prior after the AS break. Team on the rise. That was the label of this team. The idea that they wont sneak up on anyone this season is hilarious. They didnt sneak up on anyone last year.

Wake up. Ding Ding Ding!

T-Low
10-10-2008, 08:24 PM
Everyone knew about the Sixers last season. You're moronic to assume otherwise. And even more moronic to think teams dont know another team based on records. :oldlol:

Elton Brand said he kept an eye on the Sixers because of what they did the season prior after the AS break. Team on the rise. That was the label of this team. The idea that they wont sneak up on anyone this season is hilarious. They didnt sneak up on anyone last year.

Wake up. Ding Ding Ding!

Both Toronto and Philly will be sub 50 win teams....both of them will be lucky to hit 50 wins...

GOBB
10-16-2008, 09:32 PM
Both Toronto and Philly will be sub 50 win teams....both of them will be lucky to hit 50 wins...

Wow thanks for telling me something I already know. :rolleyes:

Posterize246
10-19-2008, 10:24 PM
Sixers- 48 wins

APfan
10-29-2008, 04:14 PM
1.Celtics-Will repeat as champs
2.Raptors-With JO Bosh will have a big season cause u cant double team him and it will open up shots for Calderon,Parker and Kapono.But they will be very close to philly
3.Sixers-Will be just behind the Raps
4.Knicks-Will do better with Dantoni
5.Nets-Only have VC and hes gettin old

APfan
10-29-2008, 04:29 PM
Toronto has much more to worry about injury wise. JO goes down, they have nothing to back him up

Bargaini stared all last year and you can put Joey at 4 and bump bosh up

Maniak
10-29-2008, 09:59 PM
Bargaini stared all last year and you can put Joey at 4 and bump bosh up

...Joey Graham?

ZHAKIDD532
10-29-2008, 10:47 PM
4 out of the 5 teams in this division are 1-0, not bad.

All of the winners looked impressive, even the Nets/Knicks.

Good stuff.

Maniak
10-30-2008, 10:55 AM
1. knicks- mr pringles will do wonders in the big apple
2. toronto- twin towers 2?
3. philly- EB was a good pick up
4. nets- half man...half superstar can't do it on his own
5. celtics are not worthy of the number five
6. celtics - kg quits the nba midseason to go back to high school and get a degree, ray allen shatters his ankle during the 3 point contest, paul queer leads team by himself

book it! :cheers:

:roll:

bokes15
11-06-2008, 03:58 AM
I think that if JO were to go down, we could compensate. If Bosh or Calderon goes down, then we have major problems.

Nash-tastic
11-06-2008, 09:29 AM
1. knicks- mr pringles will do wonders in the big apple
2. toronto- twin towers 2?
3. philly- EB was a good pick up
4. nets- half man...half superstar can't do it on his own
5. celtics are not worthy of the number five
6. celtics - kg quits the nba midseason to go back to high school and get a degree, ray allen shatters his ankle during the 3 point contest, paul queer leads team by himself

book it! :cheers:
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Pure gold

Zak
07-30-2009, 03:54 AM
dont think anyone predicted this one right, toronto underachieved lol