PDA

View Full Version : How is Allen Iverson More Selfish Than Kobe?

Interminator
09-21-2008, 04:01 PM
Every mention of Iverson is that he needs a team with players who don't have score first mentalities but instead are role players

But for Kobe there's no certain teammates he needs and he can succeed with score 1st players like Pau & Bynum.

Maybe I don't focus enough on Kobe as many of the Laker goofs do but Kobe plays more selfishly than Allen Iverson when it comes to forcing shots and taking contested shots.

People think that because Iverson went to the Finals with a bunch of role players then it means that Iverson can't win without role players and I don't believe that.

Then when LeBron is mentioned its said he needs another scorer yet he went to the NBA Finals with a cast of role players.:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

Xiao Yao You
09-21-2008, 04:12 PM
Kobe plays more selfishly than Allen Iverson when it comes to forcing shots and taking contested shots.

I'd argue that unlike AI, Kobe has a better chance of making those shots. How many 3's does AI throw up even though he's not very effective out there? He throws up a lot more prayers than Kobe.

AItheAnswer3
09-21-2008, 04:19 PM
Iverson dominates the ball a lot more than Kobe. Also, AI doesnt trust his teammates thats why he keeps jacking up shots. Unlike Kobe. And Kobe's a much better shooter.

Xiao Yao You
09-21-2008, 04:21 PM
Wouldn't say Kobe trusts his teammates that much.

AItheAnswer3
09-21-2008, 04:34 PM

AI doesnt make his teammates better compared to Kobe.

Allstar24
09-21-2008, 04:45 PM
If you think Kobe doesn't trust his teammates that much, you clearly didn't watch the Lakers play last season...probably basing your statement on what you hear from others.

step_back
09-21-2008, 05:03 PM
he doesn't like sharing his skittles

Ethan22
09-21-2008, 05:06 PM
Kobe Bryant barely took as many shots in the first quater of many games this season to get his teammates involved early, and if that's not unselfish I don't know what is.

What did Iverson do to help his teammates this season? take Carmelo out to a club and let his girl lap dance all over Melo?

Jimmy2k8
09-21-2008, 05:11 PM
Maybe I don't focus enough on Kobe as many of the Laker goofs do but Kobe plays more selfishly than Allen Iverson when it comes to forcing shots and taking contested shots.

Right and how many shots did Iverson take in the First round of 2008 playoffs?

EricForman
09-21-2008, 05:14 PM
Every mention of Iverson is that he needs a team with players who don't have score first mentalities but instead are role players

But for Kobe there's no certain teammates he needs and he can succeed with score 1st players like Pau & Bynum.

People think that because Iverson went to the Finals with a bunch of role players then it means that Iverson can't win without role players and I don't believe that.

Then when LeBron is mentioned its said he needs another scorer yet he went to the NBA Finals with a cast of role players.:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

I dont think most of us on ISH believes Iverson to be selfish.

Well, generally, most undersized shoot-first, ball dominating guards are bad news for team success because that's not a good formula for winning basketball. But Iverson's heart, determination and will somehow allows him to break the mold... to a certain extent. He's more valuable than a Arenas or a Marbury because of that.

But the fact sitll remains his game is nearly impossible to build around.

Kobe is definitely more "selfish" than Iverson. But Kobe's game doesn't require him to dominate the ball as much. Kobe has a post game--which can result in doubles and him kicking it out to open shooter. Because of Kobe's superior physical gifts (mainly height), he is allowed to be a more efficient player and do things Iverson can never do. That's just fact. It's unfair, because if Iverson was taller, then perhaps he too, can change his game to be more efficient. But he's not taller he will never develope the efficiency that taller wing players--if playing the game wisely--can develop in their games.

w00terz
09-21-2008, 05:41 PM

Well, generally, most undersized shoot-first, ball dominating guards are bad news for team success because that's not a good formula for winning basketball. But Iverson's heart, determination and will somehow allows him to break the mold... to a certain extent. He's more valuable than a Arenas or a Marbury because of that.

Kobe is definitely more "selfish" than Iverson. But Kobe's game doesn't require him to dominant the ball as much. Kobe has a post game--which can result in doubles and him kicking it out to open shooter. Because of Kobe's superior skills and height, it allows him to be a more efficient player and do things Iverson can never do. That's just fact. It's unfair, because if Iverson was taller, then perhaps he too, can change his game to be more efficient. But he's not taller he will never develope the efficiency that taller wing players--if playing the game wisely--can develop in their games.

AI is my favorite player ever and I completely agree with this post.

Rekindled
09-21-2008, 06:15 PM
well kobe has times has the tendensy to be too unselfish and causing his team to trail.

Xiao Yao You
09-21-2008, 07:01 PM
AI doesnt make his teammates better compared to Kobe.

Not a Kobe strong suit either.

If you think Kobe doesn't trust his teammates that much, you clearly didn't watch the Lakers play last season

I lived in China. He was probably on more than Yao and Yi. He was better last year but I'd hardly call him a team player. Be interesting to see him try that game on in Europe that's for sure.

He's more valuable than a Arenas or a Marbury because of that.

Think Arenas could be a lot more valuable for the Wizards if he gets healthy again. They were one shot from beating the Cavs in the playoffs three years ago and were having an even better year two years ago before he and Caron went down. Their offense and the other ball handlers around him fits his game too.

kobe has times has the tendensy to be too unselfish

When pre-season? Lakers would have won at least 4 straight titles if not for his selfish play.

Jimmy2k8
09-21-2008, 07:21 PM
When pre-season? Lakers would have won at least 4 straight titles if not for his selfish play.

I disagree with this part. Lakers lost to the better team in 03...which was defintely the spurs. Can't just blame Kobe for that series.

Allstar24
09-21-2008, 07:27 PM
Its better to not say anything if you don't know what you're talking about :D You're one of those posters, probably watched Kobe in the finals this year and made up your mind about how selfish he was all season :oldlol:

Xiao Yao You
09-21-2008, 11:13 PM
I disagree with this part. Lakers lost to the better team in 03...which was defintely the spurs. Can't just blame Kobe for that series.

I'm talking against the Pistons who weren't the better team. Instead of getting the ball to Shaq and winning like they should have he gunned. As if that wasn't enough he demanded they get rid of Shaq so they could go to the lottery and first round playoff losses so he could get scoring records.

You're one of those posters, probably watched Kobe in the finals this year and made up your mind about how selfish he was all season

I made up my mind against the Pistons and everything he has done since.

Jimmy2k8
09-21-2008, 11:18 PM
if that wasn't enough he demanded they get rid of Shaq so they could go to the lottery and first round playoff losses so he could get scoring records.

Really? Because I thought it was Shaq that demanded a trade from the Lakers...I am not going to entertain this little fiasco.

Its pretty obvious where the agenda is.

Xiao Yao You
09-21-2008, 11:28 PM
Kobe demanded that Shaq go from what I know. Where's the agenda? That Kobe doesn't live up to the hype?

nicknamefrank
09-21-2008, 11:38 PM
Kobe demanded that Shaq go from what I know. Where's the agenda? That Kobe doesn't live up to the hype?

well that is what everyone assumes, and it definitely has some basis. but when the laker insider said the same thing, kobe sorta quite pretty upset last year.

Xiao Yao You
09-21-2008, 11:54 PM
Upset like when they didn't trade Bynum for Kidd or Jermaine O'Neal. LMAO!

gts
09-21-2008, 11:59 PM
Iverson is not more selfish than kobe... it just appears that way because he has not learned that dribbling is not a stat.

i don't consider either of them selfish, they both can and do take over games but that's what they are paid for, they are elite level players who are better than most the players on the court on any given night, they should be taking those shots they should be dictating the game... it keeps the defenses honest, it keeps them afraid... if kobe or AI only took shots when they were wide open then they'd be real easy to contain, it's because they take difficult shots and make them when others pass up those types of shots that makes them elite, it makes them dangerous...
as tex winter said when asked about kobe's shot selection (i'll paraphrase) his shot selection is fine because he makes those shots, what is a bad shot for most players is an OK shot for kobe.

last year kobe only shot no quite 1 times more per game but AI had 2 more assists per game, so that tells us he's just touching the ball more... he does spend more time dribbling around then kobe, but that's his style, poke and attack..kobe is more of an off the ball get into position to attack then get the ball and strike, alot of that is because the triangle is a passing system, you can move the ball aroud faster by passing

otherwise they are fairly close in ther numbers, kobe's better in some areas, iverson is better in others...

two different games by two very different players in very different systems with similar outcomes...

Xiao Yao You
09-22-2008, 12:07 AM
i don't consider either of them selfish, they both can and do take over games but that's what they are paid for, they are elite level players who are better than most the players on the court on any given night, they should be taking those shots they should be dictating the game... it keeps the defenses honest, it keeps them afraid... if kobe or AI only took shots when they were wide open then they'd be real easy to contain, it's because they take difficult shots and make them when others pass up those types of shots that makes them elite, it makes them dangerous...
as tex winter said when asked about kobe's shot selection (i'll paraphrase) his shot selection is fine because he makes those shots, what is a bad shot for most players is an OK shot for kobe.

Take a look at AI's shooting %'s especially from 2 and 3 and tell me he should he should be throwing up prayers. Lebron led the league in scoring last year but unlike Kobe and AI he's as unselfish as they come.

gts
09-22-2008, 12:42 AM
Take a look at AI's shooting %'s especially from 2 and 3 and tell me he should he should be throwing up prayers. Lebron led the league in scoring last year but unlike Kobe and AI he's as unselfish as they come.lebron shoots more than kobe and AI.. and he's worse from behind the arc

besides the thread is kobe and ai not kobe, lebron and ai

EricForman
09-22-2008, 12:46 AM
lebron shoots more than kobe and AI.. and he's worse from behind the arc

besides the thread is kobe and ai not kobe, lebron and ai

the amount of shots taken does not determine how selfish one is.

Xiao Yao You
09-22-2008, 12:50 AM
lebron shoots more than kobe and AI.. and he's worse from behind the arc

Only shot shot under 30% once as a rookie. Kobe and AI both have on more than one occasion. When you shoot 47 to 48% and can get to the hole at will you should be shooting.

gts
09-22-2008, 12:52 AM
the amount of shots taken does not determine how selfish one is.i never said it did, if you go back and read my post you'll notice that i said neither one of them is selfish, that they should be shooting the ball because that's what they get paid for, that's what is expected of them from the coaching staff

mattreis62
09-22-2008, 02:13 AM

Kobe is definitely more "selfish" than Iverson. But Kobe's game doesn't require him to dominate the ball as much. Kobe has a post game--which can result in doubles and him kicking it out to open shooter. Because of Kobe's superior physical gifts (mainly height), he is allowed to be a more efficient player and do things Iverson can never do. That's just fact. It's unfair, because if Iverson was taller, then perhaps he too, can change his game to be more efficient. But he's not taller he will never develope the efficiency that taller wing players--if playing the game wisely--can develop in their games.

This.

AItheAnswer3
09-22-2008, 05:35 AM
Take a look at AI's shooting %'s especially from 2 and 3 and tell me he should he should be throwing up prayers. Lebron led the league in scoring last year but unlike Kobe and AI he's as unselfish as they come.

Whats your point?
AI would have led the league in scoring this year if he didnt have Melo on his team.
Last year
AI's 3point%>LeBron's 3 point%
LeBron's 2point %>AI's 2 point%

gpfanz
09-22-2008, 07:43 AM
i disagree. I think both of them are equally selfish :rockon:

NotALakerTroll
09-22-2008, 08:16 AM
Honestly I think they are equally selfish, but that Allen Iverson comes off worse because he has a tendency to over-dribble the ball. Also, Kobe Bryant has shown he can play unselfishly when needed (LA's 3-peat, last year), while Allen Iverson has shown stretches but has not done it consistently.

trig
09-22-2008, 11:13 AM
AI just looks more selfish bec he brings the ball a lot in denver and all of his shots come from dribble penetration and looks for his shot by himself while kobe usually gets the ball already in scoring position and closer to the basket

ronnymac
09-22-2008, 11:59 AM
AI is a Selfish SOB. he has carmelo anthony the best young scorer in the league and still plays like a selfish SOB.

ShowTime LA
09-22-2008, 02:15 PM

Kobe doesn't live up to the Hype, he just got an MVP award what more do you want? A championship? Stay tuned.

BigJake
09-22-2008, 02:35 PM
I think Allen Iverson is just used to HAVING to be the ONLY offensive force on a team, and having the ball run through him, as oppose to having a few options, like 'Melo, dishing down low to K-mart, or j.r. smith...

Kobe just likes to score I think...why in the hell else would he put up 81 points in one game? instead of like trying for 25 assists or something lol

AItheAnswer3
09-22-2008, 03:23 PM
AI is a Selfish SOB. he has carmelo anthony the best young scorer in the league and still plays like a selfish SOB.

Funny how Melo still averages the same number of points as AI

NotALakerTroll
09-22-2008, 04:11 PM
Really the only difference is that Kobe Bryant has proven he can be the number 1 or 2 scoring threat on a team and have that team still be very successful (LA 3-peat, last year). Allen Iverson has proven he can put up a lot of points but he really hasn't won much other than the year he took Philly to the Finals.

eliteballer
09-22-2008, 04:34 PM
After Kobe scored 81,

AI said "I'm going for 100"

:violin:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
09-22-2008, 05:06 PM
I look at the results at the end of the day....Kobe is way better then AI....
The guy who made this thread needs to watch more kobe games before making this thread...he says he hasnt watched kobe a lot..how the hell he can make the comparisons then?

Xiao Yao You
09-22-2008, 05:32 PM
he just got an MVP award

Because of the hype. He didn't deserve it. Had the best talent and coach in the league around him.

what more do you want? A championship?

That would be a start if you're going to keep calling him hands down the best player on the planet(LMAO!) or comparing him with MJ.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
09-22-2008, 07:47 PM
Because of the hype. He didn't deserve it. Had the best talent and coach in the league around him.

AI had Carmelo, Camby and still couldnt get out of 1st round....what are u talking about

That would be a start if you're going to keep calling him hands down the best player on the planet(LMAO!) or comparing him with MJ.

Dont argue for the sake of arguing....

Xiao Yao You
09-22-2008, 08:14 PM
AI had Carmelo, Camby and still couldnt get out of 1st round....what are u talking about

First AI doesn't live up to the hype either. Second, no one calls him the greatest or compares him to MJ. Third Karl isn't Phil. Third Carmelo is even more overrated than both of them put together.

ronnymac
09-22-2008, 08:41 PM
Funny how Melo still averages the same number of points as AI

It's sad. melo should be averaging lot more. the offense should be run through him. but all we see is AI chucking and over dribbling the rock. if anthing, melo has regressed playing with AI.

NotALakerTroll
09-22-2008, 09:08 PM
First AI doesn't live up to the hype either. Second, no one calls him the greatest or compares him to MJ. Third Karl isn't Phil. Third Carmelo is even more overrated than both of them put together.

Carmelo is not overrated. If anything he's underrated because most people don't realize how talented this guy is. Back in 2003 or whenever he was a rookie people some of the experts thought he might be better than LeBron when it's all said and done. Obviously that probably won't come true, but still. The problem with Carmelo is that he doesn't have his head screwed. He has all the makings of a great player, but he just hasn't been able to put it together. Natural talent + hard worker + great fundamentals = great player
My guess is he'll eventually figure it out. When it happens is anyone's guess.

bleedinpurpleTwo
09-22-2008, 11:23 PM
[QUOTE=BigJake

Samurai Swoosh
09-23-2008, 12:01 AM
I don't think either of them are selfish.

Xiao Yao You
09-23-2008, 12:20 AM
Carmelo is not overrated. If anything he's underrated because most people don't realize how talented this guy is. Back in 2003 or whenever he was a rookie people some of the experts thought he might be better than LeBron when it's all said and done. Obviously that probably won't come true, but still.

Carmelo and his supporters are still putting him in with Wade and Lebron. Alex English maybe. Lebron/Wade? LOL!

The problem with Carmelo is that he doesn't have his head screwed.

That much is certain.

KINGK
09-23-2008, 07:07 AM
Only a moron would consider Kobe selfish, especially after the 07-08 season...

chains5000
09-23-2008, 07:12 AM
Only a moron would consider Kobe selfish, especially after the 07-08 season...
I don't think they're taking about last season only.

KINGK
09-23-2008, 07:23 AM
I don't think they're taking about last season only.
Kobe has been sacrificing his game for the better of the team literally his whole career. And 07-08 was a great example of that.

chains5000
09-23-2008, 07:24 AM
Kobe has been sacrificing his game for the better of the team literally his whole career. And 07-08 was a great example of that.
He also stopped growing so he wasn't too tall for a SG, which was the position the Lakers needed him to play.

NotALakerTroll
09-23-2008, 08:17 AM
It's actually true. Aside from the last season with Shaq in 2004 and up to last year he showed a willingness to sacrafice for the good of the team. I think no one would argue that Kobe's career stats would be more impressive had he not played team ball with Shaq and the Lakers.

TmacsRockets
09-25-2008, 04:14 PM

All great players are selfish at times. What set them apart is their shot selection and neither Kobe or Iverson have good shot selections.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
09-25-2008, 07:27 PM

so you are bashing everybody??? AI, Kobe, Carmelo....Karl???

Jordan80
09-25-2008, 07:57 PM
i don't consider either of those players selfish. they do what they can to help their respective teams win. the players who are selfish are the one's who get their money, get lazy, and don't produce.

Xiao Yao You
09-25-2008, 07:57 PM
Kobe has been sacrificing his game for the better of the team literally his whole career.

LOL! He'd have more rings and less scoring titles if that was the case.

so you are bashing everybody??? AI, Kobe, Carmelo....Karl???

Saying Karl isn't Phil is bashing him? The other 3 are highly overrated.

Devientz
09-25-2008, 08:02 PM
Well, you seem like someone who thinks they know a lot about Kobe Bryant. Im curious, what exactly do you think that Kobe could have done differently in the past few years since Shaq left that would have won him rings. Please explain.

Xiao Yao You
09-25-2008, 08:04 PM
I'm talking with Shaq. At least one more and maybe more if his ego hadn't been too big to continue playing with Shaq.

Jordan80
09-25-2008, 08:06 PM
[QUOTE=Xiao Yao You]LOL! He'd have more rings and less scoring titles if that was the case.

that's not true. the two seasons he was scoring at the rate he was scoring at was when he was next to kwame brown and smush parker. i think what lebron james has done in cleveland is amazing, but even he hasn't had players that bad.

and i love shaq, but i think the reason la fell apart had 50% to do with kobe and 50% to do with o'neal. the first 3 championships, kobe did what was best for the team and deferred. by season 4, i think kobe had eclipsed shaq as the best player on the team but neither guy was willing to sacrafice being the number one option. well, you saw what happened after that.

Xiao Yao You
09-25-2008, 08:13 PM
the two seasons he was scoring at the rate he was scoring at was when he was next to kwame brown and smush parker. i think what lebron james has done in cleveland is amazing, but even he hasn't had players that bad.

Wouldn't call those players bad. Role players yes. Not everyone can be Gasol, Odom and Bynum. If Kobe was the greatest player in the game as he's billed they would have done better. He has the best coach. You think the Bulls team after the first MJ retirement was better? Not even close but they won almost as many as the MJ teams and barely missed going to the finals.

i love shaq, but i think the reason la fell apart had 50% to do with kobe and 50% to do with o'neal. the first 3 championships, kobe did what was best for the team and deferred. by season 4, i think kobe had eclipsed shaq as the best player on the team

No he wasn't. Kobe threw up brick after brick against Detroit. He passes to Shaq and they win their 4th. If Kobe had been patient his time as the # 1 guy was coming as we've seen Shaq decline rapidly since.

Kobe got his money and scoring records which seem to be more important to him.

Allstar24
09-25-2008, 08:16 PM
I'm talking with Shaq. At least one more and maybe more if his ego hadn't been too big to continue playing with Shaq.
Just stop talking. You sound like a bitter 10 year old, *****ing about the same thing over and over again.

Jordan80
09-25-2008, 08:20 PM
Wouldn't call those players bad. Role players yes. Not everyone can be Gasol, Odom and Bynum. If Kobe was the greatest player in the game as he's billed they would have done better. He has the best coach. You think the Bulls team after the first MJ retirement was better? Not even close but they won almost as many as the MJ teams and barely missed going to the finals.

No he wasn't. Kobe threw up brick after brick against Detroit. He passes to Shaq and they win their 4th. If Kobe had been patient his time as the # 1 guy was coming as we've seen Shaq decline rapidly since.

Kobe got his money and scoring records which seem to be more important to him.

you're obviously determined to hate him. i for one didn't like him until two seasons ago, when i thought he finally matured.

michael jordan is obviously the greatest player of all time. not only was he talented, he had the intangibles of a winner. but you can't deny that jordan's teammates thrived in tense moments and kobe's did not. that's not because of what jordan did, and it's not because of what kobe did not, it's because jordan's teammates happened to be some of the better role players we've seen in a while. pippen, cartwright, paxson (who made clutch shot after clutch shot in mj's first championship), rodman, horace grant, kerr, etc... those player's probably aren't considered as talented as gasol, odom, vujajic, farmar, fisher, etc... but you have to remember la was without bynum, and the names mentioned were younger and pippen, cartwright etc were veterans.

and the loss to detroit was partly kobe's fault, but i also blame payton and shaquille for not being able to defend the pick and roll. and you can't blame kobe for karl malone's injury, although you can blame him for malone not returning the following year haha.

Jordan80
09-25-2008, 08:23 PM

No he wasn't. Kobe threw up brick after brick against Detroit. He passes to and scoring records which seem to be more important to him.

and it's not as if la performed terribly in the finals. they played bad, but still managed to make it a 6 game series. the celtics were just hungrier, more experienced, and clicking on all throttles.

Xiao Yao You
09-25-2008, 08:34 PM
you're obviously determined to hate him. i for one didn't like him until two seasons ago

I don't hate anyone and I used to be a fan til he became a tool. He's not hands down the best player on the planet that's for sure.

you can't deny that jordan's teammates thrived in tense moments and kobe's did not. that's not because of what jordan did, and it's not because of what kobe did not, it's because jordan's teammates happened to be some of the better role players we've seen in a while.

I guess? Great players make those around them better. Not something Kobe has done well enough.

pippen, cartwright, paxson (who made clutch shot after clutch shot in mj's first championship), rodman, horace grant, kerr, etc...

I'll give you Pippen, Horace and the first year of Rodman but the others weren't any better than what Kobe's had.

you have to remember la was without bynum

Yes they were and still had lots of talent.

the names mentioned were younger and pippen, cartwright etc were veterans

Pippen was young in the beginning of their dynasty. Fisher isn't young.

loss to detroit was partly kobe's fault, but i also blame payton and shaquille for not being able to defend the pick and roll. and you can't blame kobe for karl malone's injury, although you can blame him for malone not returning the following year haha

Kobe passes to Shaq they win. You can blame Karl's injury or whatever but Kobe does what won them 3 straight they win.

it's not as if la performed terribly in the finals. they played bad, but still managed to make it a 6 game series. the celtics were just hungrier, more experienced, and clicking on all throttles.

And Kobe's not MJ as some would want to have you believe. You think the Celts would have been hungrier than MJ?

PMshooter
09-25-2008, 08:47 PM
what's more selfish, chasing your woman down the street with a gun, or cheating on her?

mvp_status
09-25-2008, 09:48 PM
what's more selfish, chasing your woman down the street with a gun, or cheating on her?

USA: 10/10

CAN: 8.5/10

JAP: 9/10

UK: 9.5/10

Jordan80
09-25-2008, 09:55 PM
I don't hate anyone and I used to be a fan til he became a tool. He's not hands down the best player on the planet that's for sure.

And Kobe's not MJ as some would want to have you believe. You think the Celts would have been hungrier than MJ?

i totally agree with you that kobe is not mj. and i also agree that d-wade's best year in the nba the kobe bryant of last season. i think kobe is past his prime physically, and it has affected his ability to get to the hole. the kobe bryant of the past two years prior to last year was the best player in the league.

Jordan80
09-25-2008, 09:56 PM

haha good question. what i don't understand is that shaquille o'neal also cheated on his wife and people don't seem to hold a grudge against him. maybe it's because he's more friendly than kobe, but it's strange.

Xiao Yao You
09-25-2008, 11:39 PM
Shaq wasn't accused of rape for one thing.

the kobe bryant of the past two years prior to last year was the best player in the league

He's never been as good as Wade or Lebron. Anyone that watched Wade in the Finals or Wade and Lebron in the olympics should have seen this.

gts
09-26-2008, 12:39 AM
He's never been as good as Wade or Lebron. Anyone that watched Wade in the Finals or Wade and Lebron in the olympics should have seen this. hahaha NEVER? what an assclown..quit trying to hide your bias behind reasonable debate and just tell everyone why you dislike kobe and move on.... it's obvious no matter what anyone says it's just going to keep stoking the flames of your agenda.... so who's your guy? lebron probably?

just say "i like lebron more, i think he's better than kobe because" that's how you debate players..tossin out worthless slights like "Shaq wasn't accused of rape for one thing" is just stupid

Xiao Yao You
09-26-2008, 12:51 AM
I don't have a guy. Kobe just isn't the best player in the game as everyone would want to have you believe. The USA's defensive stopper who couldn't even slow down Fernandez or Navarro. LOL!

tossin out worthless slights like "Shaq wasn't accused of rape for one thing" is just stupid

No it's not. There's a reason no one cares about Shaq or anyone else cheating on their wives it's because it wasn't a highly publicized rape case. Nor did we hear about Shaq buying his wife a big rock to make it up to her.

AItheAnswer3
09-26-2008, 06:48 AM
I don't have a guy. Kobe just isn't the best player in the game as everyone would want to have you believe. The USA's defensive stopper who couldn't even slow down Fernandez or Navarro. LOL!

No it's not. There's a reason no one cares about Shaq or anyone else cheating on their wives it's because it wasn't a highly publicized rape case. Nor did we hear about Shaq buying his wife a big rock to make it up to her.

Your hate for Kobe is epic.

EricForman
09-26-2008, 07:03 AM
i really dont think kobe is "hands down" or "easily" or "clearly" the best player in the world though. if anything lebron and kobe should be 1a or 1b or it's very closely 1-2, either way it should be debatable.

Jordan80
09-26-2008, 08:14 AM
i really dont think kobe is "hands down" or "easily" or "clearly" the best player in the world though. if anything lebron and kobe should be 1a or 1b or it's very closely 1-2, either way it should be debatable.

you're absolutely right. my guess is that d-wade and lebron go to 1a 1b and kobe moves to 1c this year. he's getting older, and it's beginning to show. however, the kobe bryant of 2005-2006 and 2006-2007 was hands down the best in the league.

Jordan80
09-26-2008, 08:17 AM

if vanessa bryant had wanted to divorce kobe bryant, she could have. they never had a pre-nup, and all of kobe's assets therefore would have been all of her assets. 50-50 split. it's not kobe's fault he was falsely accused of rape. and besides, shaq was cheating on his wife, and allegedly stalked her and sent her pictures of a woman being raped.

KINGK
09-26-2008, 08:17 AM
The dude has 3 rings and 5 Finals trips before the age 0f 30. That's pretty damn impressive and it certainly suggests someone willing to play team basketball. The irony is that he could have had 4-5 scoring titles if he was as bad as you make him sound.

Xiao Yao You
09-26-2008, 12:16 PM
kobe bryant of 2005-2006 and 2006-2007 was hands down the best in the league

He hasn't been better than Wade and Lebron since they were rooks.

The irony is that he could have had 4-5 scoring titles if he was as bad as you make him sound.

Who said he was bad? A gunner? Yes. Not the best player in the world. yes.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
09-26-2008, 12:28 PM
Guys stop responding to this ediot.....he is just trying to seek attention....he is saying the same thing over and over

gabeh1018
09-26-2008, 12:58 PM
im a huge wade fan, but you sound like a rambling fool with an agenda. Wade was not better than Kobe Bryant his rookie year at all. Wade made immense progress his sophomore season, but still was not a better player.

the 05-06, he could be considered a top 5 player in the league, but Kobe still has the slight edge in overall skill level.

Wade; however, played a much more efficient basketball game and saw greater playoff success.

Xiao Yao You
09-26-2008, 01:06 PM
Wade was not better than Kobe Bryant his rookie year at all.

Didn't say he was.

Wade; however, played a much more efficient basketball game and saw greater playoff success.

I.E. better. Arguably the greatest performance in finals history. Anyone watching the olympics should have seen Kobe wasn't in the same league as Lebron and Wade.

PMshooter
09-26-2008, 01:45 PM
haha good question. what i don't understand is that shaquille o'neal also cheated on his wife and people don't seem to hold a grudge against him. maybe it's because he's more friendly than kobe, but it's strange.

Because we already hold a grudge against him for being a fat f*cking fat narcissistic f*ck.

Jordan80
09-26-2008, 06:18 PM
Because we already hold a grudge against him for being a fat f*cking fat narcissistic f*ck.

are you a phoenix suns fan lol?

PMshooter
09-26-2008, 06:27 PM
I turned on him when he was too petty to make it work with the Lakers.

It's funny too, because I used to sit there and yell at the screen, "Give the ball to Shaq. Why is Ric Fox even touching the ball!" etc . . .

But then he decided to blow it up because Kobe was ambitious and aloof. They could've had 5 rings, those guys.

Jordan80
09-26-2008, 07:44 PM
yeah, i thought there was a period of time when kobe bryant just plain and simple wanted to be the man. however, i don't think it was entirely kb's fault that the lakers broke up. you have to remember shaq asked for a lot of money that buss wasn't willing to give out (he took slightly less in miami).

in my mind, kobe has redeemed himself by his play the last two years. he may not be the perfect media darling some people want him to be, but he's shown he cares about winning and is willing to make the necessary sacrafices to win. if the lakers win the championship, maybe people will appreciate the new kobe bryant (haha doubt it).