PDA

View Full Version : Jason Williams AKA White Chocolate Retires

T-Low
09-26-2008, 04:52 PM
[QUOTE=RealGM]Los Angeles Clippers point guard Jason Williams announced his retirement from the NBA today, ending his 10-year career. Signed by the Clippers as a free agent on August 7, 2008, Williams did not appear in a game for Los Angeles.

Williams enjoyed a 10-year NBA career that saw him take the court for three different teams, (Sacramento 1998-2001, Memphis 2001-2005 and Miami 2005-2008). A member of the NBA Champion Miami Heat in 2005-06, Williams started all 23 playoff games and averaged 9.3 points and 3.9 assists for Miami in helping to win the organization

ihatetimthomas
09-26-2008, 05:29 PM
Why did he retire? Injuries? Then why would he sign w/ the Clipps. Sounds a bit odd to me

catzhernandez
09-26-2008, 05:29 PM
Wow

darabzarrabi
09-26-2008, 05:49 PM
bring back Livingston!

qrich
09-26-2008, 06:11 PM
I guess now we'll be chasing Stephon Marbury and those rumors were somewhat true, don't know if they had a basis for it then though.

So our PG rotation is now Baron Davis|Jason Hart|Mike Taylor...not too good if Dizzle goes down.

ihatetimthomas
09-26-2008, 06:13 PM
They need to make a serious run at Marbury if he gets bought out

hutcht02
09-26-2008, 07:36 PM
This is just weird. You have to wonder what'll end up happening regarding his salary on our payroll. It's just not right if we end up having to pay off his contract. He shouldn't have signed if he was having second thoughts.

There is a possibility though that the Clippers urged him to retire after hearing the news the Portland passed on Livingston. You never know.

idizzle
09-26-2008, 08:22 PM
Damn I was just about to break the news lol. With J-Dubb retiring the Clips might try to go after Tinsley or Marbury if they get bought out. The Grizzlies have a load of PGs. I want to see Shaun Livingston come back.

eemas91
09-26-2008, 08:47 PM
if marbury comes, we'll become the new knicks for the next couple of years.

livlife2k
09-26-2008, 10:43 PM
So does this mean that Shaun gets an invitation to camp next week? stay tuned...

catzhernandez
09-26-2008, 11:12 PM
Tim Hardaway should come back.

ZeN
09-26-2008, 11:28 PM
Id be suppa' geeked if Shaun returns....:hammertime:

bokes15
09-26-2008, 11:36 PM
Tim Hardaway should come back.
After his comments the NBA pretty much disowned the guy. :oldlol:

qrich
09-26-2008, 11:45 PM
List of PG Capable playing Free Agents:
Sam Cassell - Dude is too old, according to ESPN he is a FA, but I swear I've heard he had signed a 1 year deal with Boston
Lindsey Hunter - Could be a solid choice, but at the age of 37, I'm not so sure he can stick being a backup for another season.
Darrell Armstrong - Same as Lindsey...
Damon Stoudamire - Also up there in age as he is 35, but I think he'd be the best choice of this list.
Shaun Livingston - Want him back, but at the same time, don't. Can we really have a 4th PG who will hardly play?

Tinsley and Marbury might be waived. We can say what we want about Marbs personality, but him being a backup to Davis? I call that great. Guy is a career 20/8/3 and is 31. Now, Tinsley would be even better due to him not having as many off court issues and when healthy, I believe is a top 10 PG.

UCLAlegend32
09-26-2008, 11:45 PM
bring back livingston

MJ(Mean John)
09-27-2008, 12:23 AM
Sam Cassell - Dude is too old, according to ESPN he is a FA, but I swear I've heard he had signed a 1 year deal with Boston
Lindsey Hunter - Could be a solid choice, but at the age of 37, I'm not so sure he can stick being a backup for another season.
Damon Stoudamire - Also up there in age as he is 35, but I think he'd be the best choice of this list.
Shaun Livingston - Want him back, but at the same time, don't. Can we really have a 4th PG who will hardly play?

Tinsley and Marbury might be waived. We can say what we want about Marbs personality, but him being a backup to Davis? I call that great. Guy is a career 20/8/3 and is 31. Now, Tinsley would be even better due to him not having as many off court issues and when healthy, I believe is a top 10 PG.

CP3
DWill
Tony Parker
Allen Iverson
Baron Davis
Mike Bibby
Chauncy Billups
Devin Harris
Andre miller
Steve Nash
Gilbert Arenas
Jason Kidd
Jason Terry
Kirk Hinrich
D Rose
Mo Williams
Monta Ellis
Jose Calderon
Stephon Marbury
Leandro Barbosa

Now thats already 20...

lol

I dont think Jamaal is that good...lol

ZeN
09-27-2008, 01:50 AM
Marbury's stat padding has potential.. but not if his bad character is going to make the team chemistry become disrupted...

Of course thats assuming that he does not stay put in N.Y.

ecthelion
09-27-2008, 02:05 AM
Does nobody give a **** that J-Will retired?

Damn. Respect, J-Will, for all the amazing and crazy things he has done in his career.
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

ZeN
09-27-2008, 02:15 AM

Damn. Respect, J-Will, for all the amazing and crazy things he has done in his career.

I was under the impression that this thread was created solely becasue of the fact that J-Dub did retire....:ohwell:

ecthelion
09-27-2008, 02:25 AM
I was under the impression that this thread was created solely becasue of the fact that J-Dub did retire....:ohwell:
yea... when his retirement seems to be the thing this discussion is least interested in.

qrich
09-27-2008, 02:40 AM

This thread is based off the fact that he retired, nothing more, nothing less. Since he didn't suit up for the Clippers, nor got to training camp, and us needing a backup PG now, we will obviously be more focused on that.

ZeN
09-27-2008, 02:54 AM
I believe at least for the moment.. since we cannot yet evaluate the team, since we have not seen them in action.. that this is a mediocre or plus, team..

And I felt that at the least J-Will was a decent backup... However now that hes out of the picture.. I really hope that the Clipps can regroup and attain someone better than Hart to be the solid backup second point guard..

Because I feel that with a solid second point.. this team has a great potential to be solid for the fanbase.. and to possibly crack the playoffs...

dab0yech0
09-27-2008, 04:06 AM
I was driving around when ESPN broke the news which shocked me. The depth of our team just shrank a bit. Jason Hart isn't a bad backup, I just think White Chocolate would've fit in better. Now I really hope that this leads to us offering Shaun a contract again. He wouldn't have to rush back on the court and could be the third string PG and see a couple minutes as the human victory cigar or the last couple minutes of a meaningless game until he is healthy enough to play consistent minutes

theunderdogg1965
09-27-2008, 04:32 AM
I vote for Shaun to come back

lawlerslaw100
09-27-2008, 07:03 AM

Cassell remains an FA. A deal with Boston was rumored two weeks
ago but not signed.

Hunter played a career low 24 games last year and has yet to be
re-signed by the Pistons. His D is great but the only reason I bet
he is not a Piston is injuries and age.

Armstrong not back with the Nets. Hunter and Cassell are better
values for aging PGs. The Nets' roster is S.

Stoudamire may be a Rocket if he makes the team according
to the Arizona Daily Star.

Livingstick is not ready this year. A stint in the D league is
what he needs this year to showcase and rehab for next year.

Marbury and Tinsley are bad chemistry. Marbury has made every
team worse that he joins. Tinsley has worn out his welcome
in Indy. I would rather take a chance on rookie Mike Taylor
as our 3rd string PG with Jason Hart as the 2nd PG.
Hart proved he can step in as a starter for an injured starter
short term when he almost rescued a disappointing 2006-7
season.

lawlerslaw100
09-27-2008, 07:04 AM
The man probably wanted to be with his family.
A 10 year career in the NBA or any pro sport is long.:confusedshrug:

livlife2k
09-27-2008, 04:53 PM

i guess because this is a Clippers fans site, we are trying to figure out the best move for our team, now that he is gone, just like we did when Cassell, Brand, Maggette,etc all left...nothing personal against J-Will..

livlife2k
09-27-2008, 04:57 PM
I was driving around when ESPN broke the news which shocked me. The depth of our team just shrank a bit. Jason Hart isn't a bad backup, I just think White Chocolate would've fit in better. Now I really hope that this leads to us offering Shaun a contract again. He wouldn't have to rush back on the court and could be the third string PG and see a couple minutes as the human victory cigar or the last couple minutes of a meaningless game until he is healthy enough to play consistent minutes
Remember that White Chocolate had bad knees and missed a lot of games the last few years...i'm sure that contributed to him deciding to retire before even reporting to camp.

jwill4pm
10-21-2008, 02:09 AM
thanks jwill ur a legend

livlife2k
10-22-2008, 01:12 AM
thanks jwill ur a legend
:confusedshrug:

jwill4pm
10-22-2008, 06:07 AM
best passer, best dribbler most entertaining player in the last 10 years ecthelion you should make a tribute....