PDA

View Full Version : Who should be top 10 on updated power rankings?

insidehoops
09-06-2006, 12:50 AM
Name your top 10 on new season power rankings.

Assume that the remaining unsigned free agents won't impact much of anything.

Feel free to explain some or all of your rankings.

BE REALISTIC.

Tail Gate
09-06-2006, 01:02 AM
1. Miami- They're the Champs
2. Dallas- Runners Up
3. Phoenix- Retooled and Amare's back
4. San Antonio- Nice young new additions
5. Cleveland- LeBron has improved and the team has too.
6. LA Lakers- Kobe finally has some help and this team should be a lot better than last year.
7. Chicago- Should be an entertaining defensive squad
8. Detroit- You can't write them off.
9. Houston- Yao, TMac and now Battier. Should be impressive if healthy
10. LA Clippers- Have basically the same roster, but they're all older.

funkylikemonkey
09-06-2006, 01:13 AM
1. Miami-Default
2. Dallas-Default
3. San Antonio-Assuming the tram is healthy, they have a 50% chance of winning it this year.
4. Phoenix-Could rise of fall on this list depending on Amare.
5. New Jersey-Could very well be higher or possibly lower, depending on how the bench plays out. Also have a chance to come out of the east *hopes the Shaq curse on the Nets ends*
6. Detroit-I don't think the lost of Ben Wallace will cripple them as much as everyone says.
7. Houston-Once again, could really rise on the list, Shane Battier is the perfect role player for Tmac and Yao, actually...not sure why I didn't put them above the Nets or Detroit, probably because I'm a Nets' homer.
8. Clevland-LeBron can do almost everything, but no one can carry a team alone. We'll see how well the Larry Hughes signing plays out.
9. Clippers-As Cassell gets older, Livingston presumably gets better.
10. This spot can be taken by so many teams
10A. Grizzlies-would have been an easy choice, but with Pau Gasol injured...not sure if they'll make it through the season.
10B. Kings-The championship window closed a while ago, is the playoff window starting to close?
10C. Bulls-Just as I thought the departure of Ben Wallace wouldn't kill the Pistons, I don't think it will turn the Bulls into a top 10 team. I could very well be wrong though.
10D. Nuggets-Kmart, Nene, Camby...who knows how much time these big men will see.

Other outside possibilities, Magic and Lakers.

AKADS
09-06-2006, 01:18 AM
1 - Phoneix - Add Amare and keep the core for a second year.
2 - Dallas - I don't like Dallas but they re-tooled and got better.
3 - Miami - Champs But they aren't a great regular season team
4 - San Antonio - There trio of players in second to none when it come to winning.
5 - Cleveland - LeBron. Maybe a healthy season for Hughes and Varejao.
6 - Clippers - Still lookig for Maggette to be traded but great team Cassel will win he always does.
7 - Detriot - They aren't the last yrs Pistons but in the East are a 50 win team
8 - Chicago - Could end up higher but we haven't seen them play together yet.
9 - Houston - Yao and TMac will win 50 games. Health is always a risk
10 - New Jersey - Kidd.Carter.Richardson In the East will finish in the top 4.

JSub
09-06-2006, 01:20 AM
2. Dallas- Runners Up
6. LA Lakers- Kobe finally has some help and this team should be a lot better than last year.

:roll:

So what now, Lakers are gonna land a 5th seed in the West?

hotsizzle
09-06-2006, 01:27 AM
2. Dallas- Runners Up

that sounds pretty good. maybe switch clev with det

hotsizzle
09-06-2006, 01:28 AM
:roll:

So what now, Lakers are gonna land a 5th seed in the West?

yes they will.

wally_world
09-06-2006, 01:28 AM
1st-Heat, duh

2nd-Suns, Amare returns, MVP, MIP, they deserve it...

3rd-Mavs, Nice off-season along with a nice playoffs... yeah...

4th-Cavs, LeBron leads team USA to 3rd (only)...

5th-Spurs, Never count them out...

6th-Clips, Nice playoff run locks their 6th spot...

7th-Chicago, Signing Big Ben and they are favourites this season...

8th-Orlando, YES! Orlando, after losing Steve Franchise they almost made Playoffs, plus JJ Reddick, Dwight Howard, Darko...

9th-Hornets, Incredible off-season, made them playoffs contenders again...

10th-Detroit, They did win the most games last season...

Targus
09-06-2006, 01:31 AM
I'm telling you all, put the Kings on your top 10. They're definitely better than a lot of teams i see on your lists up there. Just look at the talent on that team and how they ended the season with Artest. But it's your opinion, so choose w/e you want. Here's how i got it:

1. Miami
2. Dallas
3. Phoenix
4. San Antonio
5. Chicago
6. Detroit
7. Clippers
8. Sacramento
9. Cleveland
10. Houston

LakersDynasty
09-06-2006, 01:34 AM
1. Dallas
2. San Antonio
3. Miami
4. Phoenix
5. Detroit
6. Lakers
7. Clippers
8. Cavs
9. Nets
10. Bulls

Y2Gezee
09-06-2006, 01:40 AM
1Miami- obvious

2Dallas- obvious

3San Antonio-obvious, but Duncan and Manu should be better, and with TPs improvements they could be number 1.

4Phx- their window with Nash's breaking down body is coming to a close soon enough, but they'll be good next year. But still all offense. IT DOESN'T WORK. But they've been close 2 years in a row. They'll atleast threaten in the 2nd round

5Detroit- Will be a better offensive team and still a top defensive squad, they just need to stay with Skip, and stop rebelling

6. Houston- if Healthy they are gonna be a force

7. New Jersey- Veteran squad with 3 allstar quality players and good defensively. Just need Kristic to be better. And shooting, and they got House, so.

8. Denver- They need to stay healthy, well atleast relatively. And find more shooting depth, but if JR pans out, which he should. They should be a very well rounded team with 2 good wing players (one a superstar), very good pg, and maybe the best 4/5 situation in the league

9. Chicago- haven't bought into the hype. They dont have a scoring big man. Maybe Tyrus can contribute. They were already a good defensive team, I don't see how getting a better Chandler, but with less offense is going to help.

10. Cleveland- They can move up this list by proving that they can defend all season long

wang4three
09-06-2006, 01:41 AM
I don't see a reason why Chicago is above New Jersey. Hell, I don't even think they're better than Detroit.

Zombles
09-06-2006, 02:08 AM
1. San Antonio - They can't win 2 in a row, but they're very good at coming back and winning one. Manu and Duncan being healthy will impact the team more then people think.
2. Miami - Defending champs. Getting older & older though, and faced arguably the weakest of the West's big 3.
3. Phoenix - WCF two years in a row, injuries both years shut down dreams of rings. Amare coming back is huge. If they stay healthy they are my favorites to win it all.
4. Dallas - They've made a lot of lateral trades, I think the only reason they got to the Finals last year was because of Phoenix and San Antonio's injury problems. Still pulled off gutty wins against both teams, the Mavs go as far as Dirk will take them.
5. Detroit - Losing Ben Wallace was big, but Nazr will help and McDyess should get a more prominent role improving the overall offense. I don't think they'll contend with the lost defensive presence, but they are the team I imagine facing Miami in the ECF.
6. Houston - T-mac & Yao are the best inside-outside combo in the NBA at this point, if healthy. Battier was a good pick-up, Head and Alston shined at times last season, they are still horribly thin up front.
7. Denver - It's all about health, losing Leonard one year and Nene the next they still were 45+ wins. JR Smith helps their outside shooting woes and Melo has never looked better.
8. Cleveland - They were one rebound away from the ECF. Larry Hughes's health is a big concern, they were a much better team with him last year. The emergance of Verajo and to a lesser extent Pavlovic gives them added depth.
9. New Jersey - The trio + Kristic is enough to be a top Eastern team. Marcus Williams is a great pick-up, should give Kidd enough in the tank to go all-out when it matters.
10. Chicago - They will be the best defensive team in the leauge, but still have no go-to-scorer. Should have trouble winning close games. Could pull some major upset in the slowed-down playoffs though.

God damnit I forgot the Clippers. Put them somewhere in the 7-10 range.

Clippers - Elton Brand easily had his best year, Cassel/Mobley proved great signings, Livingston had his best year, Maggette seemed to accept his new role. I'm not sure if they will get much better, but last year they were good enough to beat Denver and push the Suns to 7, albeit both teams were injured.

Qwyjibo
09-06-2006, 02:55 AM
1. San Antonio
2. Dallas
3. Miami
4. Phoenix
5. Detroit
6. LA Clippers
7. Cleveland
8. Denver
9. Chicago
10. New Jersey

dejordan
09-06-2006, 09:54 AM
Phoenix - Amare's back, replaced Thomas w/ Jones, and everybody else has a full season in the system.
Dallas - Young guys get better. Old guys not too old.
San Antonio - Not too worried about Duncan's foot after WCFinals.
Miami - Ought to have improved chemistry, but age is a factor.
Detroit - Offensive improvement ought to soften defensive slide post-Ben.
Houston - If the back-gods are good to TMac.
Cleveland - The Nets didn't get the big they needed. The Cavs should be better with a healthy Hughes.
Nets - Run JRV
Clips - Unless Cassell ages significantly over the summer.
Bulls - Young cats get better. Old guys need to do what they do.

If TMac's back-gods continue to curse him, slide everybody below the Rockets up a notch and add Denver to the end mostly on account of Melo getting better.

ghost
09-06-2006, 11:10 AM
1. Miami
2. Dallas
3. Phoenix
4. San Antonio
5. Cleveland
6. Chicago
7. LA Clippers
8. Detroit
9. Memphis
10. Denver

schyza
09-06-2006, 11:19 AM
Miami-There the champs and you can

Hawker
09-06-2006, 11:23 AM
1. Miami-Champs
2. Dallas westeron conference champs
3. San Antonion-always a threat with duncan manu and TP. Any team with duncan is awesome.
4. LAC-will be better 2nd time around with what they got
5. Phoenix-i think will lose to SA or Dallas in 2nd round. Amare wont be 100% and wont be dominant. Dallas can just switch around damp and diop on suns and no biggie. Nash's body is depleting. No defense=nothing
6. Cleveland-go as far as lebron will take them
7. Nets-krstic will be better
8. Chicago-new add-ons guards will be more experienced
9. Detroit
10.- SAC kings

ukplayer4
09-06-2006, 11:29 AM
zombies post is exactly as mine would be.....

baller_04
09-06-2006, 11:57 AM
what are u talking about the lakers r still not that good. they wont make the playoffs hornets, kings , houston are much better

1. San Antonio
2. Dallas
3. Miami
4. Bulls
5. Phoenix
6. Sacramento
7. Clippers
8. Cavs
9. Hornets
10.Houston

WoGiTaLiA1
09-06-2006, 11:57 AM
1. San Antonio - Best team, title or not.
2. Dallas - Dirk will be better again.
3. Miami - Champs, Shaq being a bit worse is the reason for 3rd mostly.
4. Phoenix - Amare could knock them down if he has the Ewing effect(or Webber if you prefer).
5. Detroit - Will simply be a more offensive team, something they were going to last year anyway.
6. Clippers - Depends on how much Shaun improves and Sam declines. But they should be better.
7. Sacramento - Rock solid team.
8. Cleveland - LeBron stays healthy anyway.
9. Indiana - If they can stay healthy finally at least.
10. Denver - If they can stay healthy.

Houston jump straight to 6th if Tmac shows up but I dont expect him to based on last year. Chicago, New Orleans and Minny are the borderline teams. Lakers also possibly.

Toronto will be the big mover if Mitchell uses Ford right.

funkylikemonkey
09-06-2006, 11:59 AM
1. San Antonio - Best team, title or not.
2. Dallas - Dirk will be better again.
3. Miami - Champs, Shaq being a bit worse is the reason for 3rd mostly.
4. Phoenix - Amare could knock them down if he has the Ewing effect(or Webber if you prefer).
5. Detroit - Will simply be a more offensive team, something they were going to last year anyway.
6. Clippers - Depends on how much Shaun improves and Sam declines. But they should be better.
7. Sacramento - Rock solid team.
8. Cleveland - LeBron stays healthy anyway.
9. Indiana - If they can stay healthy finally at least.
10. Denver - If they can stay healthy.

Houston jump straight to 6th if Tmac shows up but I dont expect him to based on last year. Chicago, New Orleans and Minny are the borderline teams. Lakers also possibly.

Toronto will be the big mover if Mitchell uses Ford right.

The Nets aren't even a borderline team?

WoGiTaLiA1
09-06-2006, 12:01 PM
The Nets aren't even a borderline team?

My bad, I knew I was forgetting someone. Most certainly borderline. Could very easily be top 5 by the years end if they catch a few breaks.

funkylikemonkey
09-06-2006, 12:02 PM
It's cool, I was just wondering the reasoning.

Student
09-06-2006, 12:02 PM
1. San Antonio
2. Dallas
3. Miami
4. Phx
5. LA Clippers
6. Chicago
7. Cleveland
8. Detroit
9. Denver
10. NO/Oklahoma City

As much as I love KOBE please be realistic about the Lakers. If they can even get to the playoffs it will be a bonus.

NugzFan
09-06-2006, 12:04 PM
gotta love laker fans.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
09-06-2006, 12:05 PM
1. Heat
2. Mavericks
3. Spurs
4. Suns
5. Pistons
6. Nets
7. Cavaliers
8. Clippers
9. Nuggets
10. Sacramento

a lot of you guys are basing your assertions off "well this year so and so is healthy and we've added so and so and we've trade so and so"

please wait until the season starts before hyping up your team like that. wait until results come before talking.

Lakers at 5?

Magic at 7?

puhhlleaseeee

glidedrxlr22
09-06-2006, 12:17 PM
Notice how Laker fans include the Lakers in the top 10. Not only that, but they put them in the middle!!! Four, five, or six...please!!!

:wtf:

Boss_Baller_34
09-06-2006, 12:20 PM
1. Indiana
2. Phoenix
3. Dallas
4. Cleveland
5. Detroit
6. San Antonio
7. Miami
8. Clippers
9. New Jersey
10. Nuggets

Pacers are going to be a sleeper team this year. With the addition of Al Harrington, not to mention 6 key players who can play new west coast offense, I really feel that this is going to be the team to contend with. People may think I am crazy now, but watch. Phoenix would be number one, but I still don't think that they will have enough defense to go with there offense. I don't see Dallas getting over the hump, Miami is just going to be out of gas by resigning all of their borderline retirees. Again mark my words, the Pacers will be the team to beat!

netdoc
09-06-2006, 12:26 PM
1. Dallas - Better bench, different role players
2. Miami - Older, less determined Shaq
3. San Antonio - Tim Duncan, Manu, Parker and Pop
4. New Jersey - Going to get better as the season develops
5. Indiana - The addition of All Harrington helps
6. L.A. Lakers - you can't count out Phil Jax
7. Chicago - Better defensively
8. Phoenix - Would be higher, but no quality backup for Nash. Amare has to play to his best potential
9. Sacramento - After the trade for Artest, one of the best teams - no backup to Bibby
10. Detroit - Can they withstand losing Ben Wallace?

Others on the horizon - L.A. Clips, Houston, Orlando, Denver, Golden State, Washington.

Some of you may scoff at the Lakers - but Phil Jax has never missed the playoffs. Even with Pippen and a bunch of scrubs manning the hill while Jordan played baseball. L.A. is better than a lot of people give credit for.

:cheers:

Quiet Storm
09-06-2006, 12:31 PM
1. Phoenix - I just think they have too much fire power, great leadership from Nash and with Amare back are going to be a force down low as well

2. Miami - Shaq is basically a non factor. It is Dwyane Wade that places them here

3. Dallas - Still an unbelievably talented team that probably could have won the finals last year

4. Cleveland - And I am the biggest Lebron James hater in the world

5. Sacramento - A talented team that made a good coaching change. Ron Artest must play the full season, they won't miss Bonzi, he was only playing for a contract in the playoffs

6. San Antonio - Seems funny having them this low, I am sure they will surprise me

7. Chicago - Scott Skiles is the best coach in the NBA, just give him some talent

8. Detroit - Loss of Ben Wallace as anchor of defense and team leader hurts, still a talented team though. I don't like coaching situation as far as playoffs are concerned, but regular season will be fine

9. New Jersey - Will rack up plenty of regular season wins in weak Atlantic division

10. Denver - Carmelo Anthony really played well in the Olympics. I don't much like his supporting cast on this team, however.

schyza
09-06-2006, 12:34 PM
what are u talking about the lakers r still not that good. they wont make the playoffs hornets, kings , houston are much better

1. San Antonio
2. Dallas
3. Miami
4. Bulls
5. Phoenix
6. Sacramento
7. Clippers
8. Cavs
9. Hornets
10.Houston

What is who talking about? If you were referring to my post I sighted examples for you unlike your post!!! point #1 the Lakers made the playoffs in a higher seed then the Kings Point #2 Houston didn

NugzFan
09-06-2006, 12:37 PM
1. Indiana
2. Phoenix
3. Dallas
4. Cleveland
5. Detroit
6. San Antonio
7. Miami
8. Clippers
9. New Jersey
10. Nuggets

Pacers are going to be a sleeper team this year. With the addition of Al Harrington, not to mention 6 key players who can play new west coast offense, I really feel that this is going to be the team to contend with. People may think I am crazy now, but watch. Phoenix would be number one, but I still don't think that they will have enough defense to go with there offense. I don't see Dallas getting over the hump, Miami is just going to be out of gas by resigning all of their borderline retirees. Again mark my words, the Pacers will be the team to beat!

:stupid:

schyza
09-06-2006, 12:43 PM
1. Heat
2. Mavericks
3. Spurs
4. Suns
5. Pistons
6. Nets
7. Cavaliers
8. Clippers
9. Nuggets
10. Sacramento

a lot of you guys are basing your assertions off "well this year so and so is healthy and we've added so and so and we've trade so and so"

please wait until the season starts before hyping up your team like that. wait until results come before talking.

Lakers at 5?

Magic at 7?

puhhlleaseeee

Was this thread not started saying to give reasons? Doesn

sdjk58
09-06-2006, 01:12 PM
1. Miami - they are the champs and the team to beat...
2. San Antonio - every year people always forget about them spurs.
3. Phoenix - with Amare back, this team is going to be deadly.
4. NEW JERSEY - yes thats right NJ Nets. All the Nets needed was a shooter and back up point guard for the unbelievable Jason Kidd. They got Eddie House and Marcus Williams. If uncle cliffy can stay off the grass, nets can beat ANYBODY! And i think Jason Kidd is aware that his clock is ticking.
5.Dallas - I just dont think they have a chance against San Antonio or Phoenix. They might not even get past the Rockets!
6. Houston - Going to be great to see McGrady back, but can he finally get out of the first round!
7. Denver - This team has sooo much potential. I mean soooo much potential, but the players dont seem to get along with the coach, and vice versa!
8. Clippers - Elton Brand is a great power foward!, But I always seem to think Sam Cassel has nothing left in his tank, but then again hes always proved me wrong.
9. Cleveland - Sorry Lebron, but your team doesnt know how step up, besides you of course. I still think your amazing.
10. Detroit - Losing Ben will hurt them a good amount. No one is going to be scared of playing them anymore. No one will be scared of driving inside. There will no more bell noises, because no more blocked shots. They lost their defensive anchor!

mariodeathgrip
09-06-2006, 01:19 PM
1. Dallas- They were screwed by the refs in Game 5, Wade is not MJ. So why give him all those free throws, and that photom foul at the end. I still waiting for game 7. Mavs should come out with a mission!
2. San Atonio- Still has a great team, Duncan will have less min, Prep for the play-off, the west got better
3. Lakers- Kobe played last year with a bad knee, not this year! Brown found his purpose. Bynum will get playing time. Odom will play some point. This is the last year of Grants 15 mil contract. More money to throw around next year, so players will be stepping up. Show me da money!! And they added Vrad a younger Peja type player and farmer who was born to play da triangle.
And some rope playing defenders.
4. Chicago- This team has upgraded big. I see this team playing great D' they might be the best team in the East.:banghead:
5. Miami- Shaq has very little left, and now Wades has a ego,the NBA refs spoiled him, and now Watching wade on the USA team, complaining after every miss not getting back on D'. And hearing the other teams trash talk to him saying your not Jordon, and then Schooling him. Wade will now get the same treatment this year in the NBA.:cry:
6. Cleveland-The team will do everything they can to make him better, until James starts playing as a team and of course D' No rings for the so called King or should I say Queen.:rollingeyes:
7. Phoenix- This team has to many good players, but even with Amare's return Well if he does return considering he was not well enough for Team USA. Nash is almost done too much caring the team last year, has put too much weight on his back he might be done after this year.
8. Clippers- This team had talent every year but always failed, but last year they were pretty good. But Sam want out, wants to play for the Lakers. Unless they pick up Baby Shaq or maybe Sprewell he is gone after this year and so are there play-off chances.
9. Detroit- Losing Ben was a big lose more than they want admit, this team will fall apart. Ya they still got a great team. But the only reason they got a ring is that Stern wanted show the NBA fans that anyone can win a championship with out star player. So the refs let them get away with hard fouls. Timidating the other team. But with no Ben a big part of their D' is gone so this year more team will be attacking the inside.
10.New York- Looking to much like team USA, will makes some big moves during the season. If not I would pick Houston for the 10th spot, with the combo of T-mac and Ming and a good supportings staff. But T-Mac may never be what he once was. At least not for a whole year. With that in mind if both team don't step up the 10th spot will go the team with the worst owners. The Kings, Ron Artest is a great player, but he also does not want to be there. He should had been a Laker but the Kings. Sucker the Pacers in offering Peja at the last moment. Hiding the fact that he was done, with a bad back. He may recover but thats too much to chance. And the Pacer wanted Odom or Bynum to high of a price. So they had to let him go. The Kings have a great team Bibby Miller and Artest but with owners and coach that plays a 7 men rotation all year round squeezing out everything you got then throwing you away like if you were trash. No wonder why they had notning left when it came to the play-off.:no:

DNYLKilla
09-06-2006, 01:30 PM
People who say that the rockets are gonna be a contendar this year are loopy. The bench on that team is so thin I seen them on "intervention" the other night.

NugzFan
09-06-2006, 03:03 PM
knicks at 10?

cks9505
09-06-2006, 03:16 PM
1. Dallas: They got robbed, but moving on
2. Detroit: Losing Ben hurt, but Nazr is amore conventional center and he can't possible shoot free throws worst than Ben. Don't forget this was the best team for most of 2005-2006
3. Phoenix: It's official Euroball is superior to the NBA game, theyll never make it out the west finals until they play D tho.
4. Clippers: I like their team, Depth, Two big men with offensive game, and two point guards that should both start.
5. Miami: They'd be higher if it was circa 1998. It's my opinion that with a little aid from the refs and antoine walker playing out of his mind, they overachieved in the playoffs. and where was dwayne wade's improved midrange J during the world championships?
6. San Antonio: Tim Duncan needs to show me that he is the best power forward in the game again. The rest of the team is solid, but they feed off of Tim.
7. Indiana: They should return to old form by mid season if J.O. stays healthy. All their problems in the last 2 years has only strengthened their depth.
8. Cleveland: David Wesley is a great add for them, their attempt at adding shooters around Lebron was kind of a bust take away the Washington series. I'd like to see Lebron run the point a little more with this team.
9. Denver: Carmello is going to be an MVP candidate. If Camby stays healthy this team can beat anyone, but when was the last time that happened?
10. Houston: can't put enough emphasis on the IFFFF....Tmac and Yao stay healthy. Shane Battier is great for the short run (Rudy Gay will end up as a poor mans Tmac in the long run which isnt that bad).

Underdog
09-06-2006, 03:18 PM
Regular Season Power Rankings

1. Dallas - They're always strong during the regular season, with depth and new confidence and experience from going deep into the playoffs, they should lead the league in wins.
2. Miami - Despite being the champs they're an aging team, however they seemed to tap the right chemistry during their playoff run. Although with Shaq's regular season philosphy, (win enough games for the playoffs) their regular season record may go as high as 48-49 wins, enough to win the Atlantic.
3. San Antonio - They still have the pieces to finish the season with the top record and win it all. Their only obstacle is sharing the same division and state as Dallas. Injuries are begining to really be a plague on this team.
4. Detroit - People jumped off the Pistons bandwagon after their meltdown in the playoffs. Much like last year, these guys have yet something new to prove. Winning without Big Ben. These guys thrive on being the underdogs.
5. Phoenix - Barring injuries, Nash, Marion, Amare and Co. should blaze through another 50+ win season with their refined uptempo game. Their bench is loaded with solid players.
6. New Jersey - After one full season w/ Kidd, Carter, Jefferson we found that this is a team capable of winning every night. With the right chemistry formulated w/the starters, the question remains with the bench.
7. Cleveland - Team gained a lot of confidence after a stong finish in the playoffs. They'll be under attack all season as east contenders will try to figure out how to dismantle them before heading into the playoffs.
8. LA Clippers - Well balanced team with a clear focus on a championship, not just making the playoffs. Young gun Livingston coming up with rejuvenated swingman Tim Thomas coming off the bench.
9. Sacramento - Ron Artest starts the season w/ the Kings. New coach should rejuvenate the offense. Before Artest they were horrible, they carry a similar projection the Nuggets had the year before.
10. Denver - Should claim a weak Northwest division title. With Carmelo Anthony blowing up, Kenyon Martin growing up, and the rest of the team staying healthy, they should be back on course to all the high expectations that had preceded them the year before.

On the brink of a breakout season (the best of the rest)
LA Lakers, Chicago, Houston, Indiana, New Orleans, Orlando

hoophead22
09-06-2006, 03:31 PM
Just like this season for college football, there are a lot of teams capable of winning not only their conference, but the NBA championship. Several of the teams in my prediction can move up or down a slot. I feel that my guesses are pretty good though.

1. Miami Heat: Defending champs. The roster (assuming GP re-signs) has stayed the same. The reason they are number one is because Wade is a year older and that much better coming off a solid run at the Olympics this summer. I don't expect his busy summer to impact his play at all, he is still young.

2. Phoenix Suns: It's simple. A team that wins 54 games and averages 108ppg in the regular season and 107 in the playoffs without Amare Stoudemire can only be expected to be ranked this high. Great addition in Jumaine Jones. Losing Tim Thomas won't hurt this team. Expect Barbosa and Diaw to only get a little better, but still contribute enough to push this team.

3. Dallas Mavericks: The Sun's and Mav's are pretty much a tie for the second best team in the league. The reason I decided the Sun's deserved the second best is because of the reasons I gave above. I feel strongly about what I said. I like how Dallas played during the playoffs and there is no reason to believe they won't be as good, if not better. This summer may or may not have slowed down Nowitzki but that should only be a factor early on in the season.

4. San Antonio Spurs: Don't expect 63 wins this year only because Tim Duncan may see less time on the floor to prepare for the playoffs. With a comfortable seed in the post season, like always, this core of Duncan, Ginobili, Parker, Bowen, and Finley will have a chance to win it all.

5. Chicago Bulls: I grouped the Bulls and Detroit together for a good reason. In my opinion, the Bulls have taken a step ahead of the Pistons with the addition of Ben Wallace. Last year his numbers were down, but I think having Sheed, Dyce, Prince, and other capable rebounders/shot blockers played a really big role in that. I expect him to average around 13 rpg again and I also expect to see him average atleast 10-12 points a game. After this summer, I expect Hinrich to come in with more confidence and take over as a leader. Gordon, Deng, and most importantly Nocioni will improve as usual and help this team become solid. It will be another year or two before I think they can REALLY contend for the championship.

6. Detroit Pistons: With the loss of Wallace, I really feel this team has taken a step back....but not too far back. They still have one of the best PG's in the game today in Billups and a solid supporting cast. Losing Wallace only hurts them so much, I wouldn't be surprised to see them get far in the playoffs.

7. Denver Nuggets: Carmelo Anthony. The guy is going to have a breakout year. The team is just too good to be any worse than 7th best in the league and I personally don't think that Coach Karl would allow it. PG: Andre Miller SG: J.R. Smith SF: Melo PF: Kenyon martin C: Marcus Camby. If Nene actually produces, I wonder where he falls into play with this team?

8. Los Angelas Clipplers: Could be number 7, but I really think Denver has a step on them. Brand will be Brand. It is up to the rest of the team though to decide their future. Tim Thomas was a great addition to the bench. Kaman should be solid and will improve on his averages. Beyond this year, the future of this team depends on Livingston getting more minutes, he still can be a star.

9. Sacramento Kings: Losing Bonzi won't hurt this team. After a year of developing chemistry, the starting lineup consists of PG: Mike Bibby SG: Kevin Martin SF: Ron Artest PF: Reef C: Brad Miller. Their bench is pretty nice too with new addition John Salmons expected to do well in his new role. Kenny Thomas will be a banger with expected consistancy off the bench. This season really lies on Bibby's shoulder. They really need him to hold this team together and take it under his wing. If he does well, it could be a very good season for the Kings.

10. Indiana Pacers: Al Harrington is a huge pickup, that goes without say. But Armstrong was even better. His leadership will help things progress for this team. Marquis Daniels should excel with his role on this team. The lineup of PG: Tinsley SG: Stephen Jackson SF: Danny Granger PF: Al Harrington C: Jermaine O'Neal will be interesting. Their bench is pretty darn solid with Daniels, Armstrong, Foster, Jasikevicius, and big body - David Harrison is nice. They could do good things this year.

Bibby10
09-06-2006, 03:42 PM
I Dont Care What Anyone Thinks...you Better Put Kings In Your Top 10..k.martin And F.garcia Are Gonna Step Up..they Have A Deeper Bench ..with Some More Big Guys...losing Bonzi Was His Fault..with Bibby (most Underrated Player) Artest And Miller On That Team..i Have Them 3rd In The West..with the coaching of eric...hes a defensive minded coach..wow..cant beleive there not in your top 10..

1 Pistons
2. spurs
3. miami
4. mavs
5. kings
6. suns
7. clippers
8. rockets
9 wizards
10 lakers

joe lucky
09-06-2006, 04:32 PM
1. Dallas (learned from their mistakes)
2. Phoenix (Amare + a whole season of chemistry will push them to near the top). Playoff-wise though teams will be more ready for the run and gun.
3. San Antonio (Popovich always comes out with a well disciplined team that knows how to win. Look to even more deferrment to Parker/Ginobili as Duncan slows a bit)
4. Miami (Shaq and Wade will get the needed wins but the supporting cast won't be able to get them as far as last year due to aging)
5. Detroit (Saunders needs these guys to start playing the way they used to. Ben Wallace was the spirit of that team so they need to reinvent quickly preferrably around the skills of Tayshaun Prince and Billups).
6. LA Clippers (Deep at all positions, Look for Kaman/Brand to be an even beastier duo and Livingston begins to start for them)
7. Chicago (I predict a slow start as the players adjust but a strong finish as always from this team...perhaps even an upset in the playoffs).
8. New Jersey (Hopefully the trio will all be healthy enough for another solid playoff run)
9. LA Lakers (Phil knows what to do to win. Kobe/Lamar and a supporting cast that went from bad last year to mediocre this year probably means more wins and a playoff seed (I say 7th seed in the West again).
10. Denver (Just a gut feeling that Carmelo is going to blow up this year and somehow Camby, Nene and KMart stay healthy. Note to KiKi: forfeit the first game).

Just missing: Cleveland, Sacramento and the Rockets. The Kings probably can make the playoffs again as well as Cleveland. The Rockets will be better than the Hornets and Grizzlies with Battier and T-Mac healthy enough to play some games.

I made this list just thinking: If I was the opposing team who would I least want to play in a series?

NugzFan
09-06-2006, 04:41 PM
10. Denver (Just a gut feeling that Carmelo is going to blow up this year and somehow Camby, Nene and KMart stay healthy. Note to KiKi: forfeit the first game).

:confusedshrug:

riggz_01
09-06-2006, 04:44 PM
1. Dallas- Dirks on his prime and young players like Devin Harris and Josh Howard will improve from the previous playoff experience.

2. San Antonio- Tim will bounce back from after having some statistical career lows, Manu and Parker will be consistent. But NOT making it to the Finals last season will be the reason why it will benefit them and motivate the team tremendously.

3. Cleveland- LBJ will have an MVP season. Z and the Brazilian enforcer will be rock solid throughout the whole year, Wesley and Damon Jones will keep the defense honest. If this roster doesn't work, a coaching change might happen!

4. Miami- Flash put the whole franchise on his shoulder during the Finals. they struggled during the season and getting lucky with the Nets( Cliff Robinson getting suspended). Shaq's still great but to win the title back to back, Wade has to be more than amazing again.

5. Houston- the addition off Shane Battier and Casey Jacobson will give the roster toughness on defense and outside shooting. An injury free season from Yao and T-Mac will determine the teams fate.

6. Phoenix- Amare is a question mark. few players have regained their usual form after having his kind of surgery. Nash has to be great for the Suns to be considered as contenders.

7. L.A. Lakers- A bittertaste of the previous playoffs will inspire this team throughout the year. Kobe will have a fresh start sporting his new no.24, and everyone should be very familiar with the triangle this time around!

8. Chicago- A very good mix of Good young players and fiery Veterans makes the roster very appealing. With Nocioni and Big Ben. it gives the team a lot of toughness in the frontcourt. while the backcourt was never a problem with Gordon and Kirk leading the way.

9. Detroit- It hurts me to put the Pistons at number nine. I dont understand why the offense wasn't going through Rasheed, and Why Rip chooses to dribble and penetrate to the Hoop more instead of doing what he does best of moving through screens,doing catch and shoot around the perimeter during the playoffs. unless they go back to what they usually do, it's only a matter of time before Joe D. really starts making changes.

10. Charlotte Bobcats- Laugh all you want guys. But im betting for this team to make alot of noise this upcoming season. Adam Morrison i think is something. A lot of positives are happening within the Franchise and with MJ around, things should get alot better!!!

kobelamarjackson
09-06-2006, 05:05 PM
1) Miami (Champs)
2) Phoenix (Nash, Diaw, Marion, Amare, Barbosa, Banks, Jones, Bell) - all great players
3) San Antonio (Parker, Manu, Duncan) - best trio in bball.
4) Dallas (Will not be as good as last year)
5) Detroit (even without ben wallace, they are an incredible force)
6) Indiana (Tinsley, Jackson, Granger, Harringon, Oneal) - one of the best starting lineups in the league.
7) LA Clippers (Cassel, Mobley, Maggette, Brand, Kaman) - in my opinion the best starting lineup in the league.
8) NJ Nets (Kidd is old but still effective, they had the best draft) Boone, Williams, Adams
9) Sacramento (Bibby, Salmons, Artest, Rahim, Miller) - that is one scary lineup.
10) Washington (Butler, Arenas, Jamison) - second best trio in bball.

sleepers: jazz, bulls, hornets, lakers
everybody who put houston in their top 10 is a moron. houston has been worthless since franchise left. there is no chance the rockets will make the playoffs this year.

mavsfan4zindagi
09-06-2006, 05:18 PM
1. Miami
2. Dallas
3. San Antonio
4. Phoenix
5. LA Clippers
6. New Jersey
7. Cleveland
8. Detroit
9. Denver
10. Houston

Hawker
09-06-2006, 05:56 PM
how can the mavs not be as good as last year? What do they have going against them? They just got playoff experience added more depth and did some decent trades.

Also so much for that jermaine o'neal to dallas trade

Pharmacists84
09-06-2006, 06:23 PM
1. Dallas- Most players returning from last years squad.

2. San Antonio- With Duncan and Ginobli healthy, they will challenge for the championship once again.

3. Miami- Look to repeat

4. Phoenix- With Amare back, may be the best team in the league.

5. Hornets- No team improved more in the offseason than the hornets with peja, BJ, chandler, armstrong, and simmons.

6. New Jersey- With Kidd, Carter, and Jefferson name a team with 3 better players.

7. Detroit- Lost great players from last years team.

8. Indiana- With Harrington, O'Neal, and Granger they have one of the best frontcourts in the league.

9.Orlando- Will only get better from last year.

10. Chicago/Memphis/LA Clippers- All improved somewhat in the offseason.

Bubble teams: Utah, Minnesota, and Atlanta

MVP: CHRIS PAUL

Targus
09-06-2006, 07:44 PM
5. Sacramento - A talented team that made a good coaching change. Ron Artest must play the full season, they won't miss Bonzi, he was only playing for a contract in the playoffs

exactly. thank you. :applause:

LakersDynasty
09-06-2006, 07:50 PM
LOL @ Chris Paul winning MVP :roll:

XxNeXuSxX
09-06-2006, 07:55 PM
4 - San Antonio - There trio of players in second to none when it come to winning.
6 - Clippers - Still lookig for Maggette to be traded but great team Cassel will win he always does.
7 - Detriot - They aren't the last yrs Pistons but in the East are a 50 win team

Sounds great, maybe sub out NJ for a Minny :D

Targus
09-06-2006, 08:09 PM
MVP: CHRIS PAUL

this just in! chris paul will not be a rookie next season! also, the beatles broke up! :roll:

Targus
09-06-2006, 08:13 PM
6. New Jersey- With Kidd, Carter, and Jefferson name a team with 3 better players.

I'd take the Kings' Bibby, Artest, and Shareef over Kidd, Carter, and Jefferson.

NugzFan
09-06-2006, 08:39 PM
guess my early pick for most overrated team goes to indy.

basketballer4
09-06-2006, 08:43 PM
1.Heat
2.Pistons
3.Cavaliers
4.Spurs
5.Warriors
6.Knicks
7.Mavericks
8.Kings
9.Nets
10.Clippers

Hawker
09-06-2006, 08:49 PM
I'd take the Kings' Bibby, Artest, and Shareef over Kidd, Carter, and Jefferson.

Umm are u serious?

Kidd >>>>> Bibby

Carter=Artest IMO. What vince is better at offense is what artest is better at defense.

Jefferson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Shareef

LakersDynasty
09-06-2006, 08:55 PM
1.Heat
2.Pistons
3.Cavaliers
4.Spurs
5.Warriors
6.Knicks
7.Mavericks
8.Kings
9.Nets
10.Clippers
:roll: Wait no Suns, Lakers, Rockets, Bulls, but Warriors at 5 and Knicks at 6? Cavs are 3rd? :applause: Ignorance is bliss.

XxNeXuSxX
09-06-2006, 08:57 PM
:roll: Wait no Suns, Lakers, Rockets, Bulls, but Warriors at 5 and Knicks at 6? Cavs are 3rd? :applause: Ignorance is bliss.

Yeah...

mavsfan4zindagi
09-06-2006, 08:58 PM

Lakers aren't a top 10 team.

LakersDynasty
09-06-2006, 08:58 PM
They had the 10th best record last year. :rollingeyes:

AKADS
09-06-2006, 09:02 PM
Can't believe the number of people who have left Cleveland off this list. They were the 3rd best record in the East last yr with two major injuries. AV is playing better and should be healthy all year. Hughes played decently with LeBron since they only got 28 games before the injury. We were 18 - 10 in those games. Cavs are a top 10 team no doubt.

mavsfan4zindagi
09-06-2006, 09:02 PM
They had the 10th best record last year. :rollingeyes:

Yeah, because being 10th last season automatically makes you 10th again this year.:confusedshrug:

ZHAKIDD532
09-06-2006, 09:04 PM
How can everyone diss the Nets like this.

Heat
Mavs
Spurs
Suns
Nets
Cavs
Clips
Bulls
Detroit
Nuggets

alayman
09-06-2006, 09:05 PM
What's the deal with everyone hypin up houston? If yall recall last year espn not to mention just about every other sports outlet had them #2 in the western conference behind the spurs. I realize t-mac SHOULD be healthy this year, but that's what they thought last year too. Also, whether the kings resign bonzi is completely irrelevant because he was playing for a contract last year, they're going to suck either way; i give them an outside shot of getting a 7th or 8th seed.

1. Phoenix - look what they accomplished without Amare, think of what they will with him
2. Miami - Everyone returned, we'll see how much Shaq has left
3. Dallas - Will contend for top in the west, but wont make it back to the finals
4. San Antonio - Didn't add enough this off season, but the big 3 is enough to be elite
5. Cleveland - Lebron. enough said
6. Detroit - Chicago will challenge for division title but Ben Wallace probably isn't enough to overtake them.
7. New Jersey - underachieved last year, deeper now because of the draft
8. Chicago - Big Ben was a nice upgrade for defense but the loss of Chandler slows the tempo down a bit; i still think theyre one piece away from really making a push in the playoffs.
9. New Orleans - Chris Paul is the man and now he has all kinds of young and athletic talent to run with him.
10. Washington - Arenas is a man with a mission and they should cause trouble for some of the upper Eastern Conference teams

Outside looking in - Lakers(Kobe alone gives them that), Toronto(could be a stretch, but theyre so young and athletic and Brian Colangelo is putting together a Phoenix Suns of the East)

LakersDynasty
09-06-2006, 09:06 PM
Yeah, because being 10th last season automatically makes you 10th again this year.:confusedshrug:
And what exactly makes them not a top 10 team? Are you Nostradamus? Other teams have improved so have the Lakers, at least we didn't lose any key players.

AKADS
09-06-2006, 09:08 PM
How can everyone diss the Nets like this.

Because everyone forgeta about them Every other team has made signings and trades to get better. The Nets got 2 rookies who won't be huge impact players this yr and everyone under estimates the Mikki Moore signing. The other reason Vince. His mind is not on ball right now its on his wife and kid. We all know that family (Tmac) aren't always the most focussed people. Carter could prove me wrong and accually play or he could be Vince Carter of old and whine and cry and act like he is injured. No one knows which wil show up.

I put the Nets 10 on my list.

AKADS
09-06-2006, 09:09 PM
1. Phoenix - look what they accomplished without Amare, think of what they will with him
2. Miami - Everyone returned, we'll see how much Shaq has left
3. Dallas - Will contend for top in the west, but wont make it back to the finals
4. San Antonio - Didn't add enough this off season, but the big 3 is enough to be elite
5. Cleveland - Lebron. enough said
6. Detroit - Chicago will challenge for division title but Ben Wallace probably isn't enough to overtake them.
7. New Jersey - underachieved last year, deeper now because of the draft
8. Chicago - Big Ben was a nice upgrade for defense but the loss of Chandler slows the tempo down a bit; i still think theyre one piece away from really making a push in the playoffs.
9. New Orleans - Chris Paul is the man and now he has all kinds of young and athletic talent to run with him.
10. Washington - Arenas is a man with a mission and they should cause trouble for some of the upper Eastern Conference teams)

You have 6 Eastern Confrence teams. That is stupid if I have ever heard of stupid.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
09-06-2006, 09:12 PM
I want to revise my list. I forgot about the Bulls.

Heat
Mavs
Spurs
Suns
Pistons
Nets
Cavaliers
Bulls
Clippers
Kings

the reason why I am not overrating the Bulls (i possibly will once the season progresses) is that you really don't know what you are getting besides anything on paper.

Targus
09-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Umm are u serious?

Kidd >>>>> Bibby

Carter=Artest IMO. What vince is better at offense is what artest is better at defense.

Jefferson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Shareef

lol Kidd doesn't have much years in him left, Bibby scores more, good assist man, but Kidd just spreads out his stats more. The Kings don't need that from Mike.

Carter is overrated imo. thats just my opinion so don't get on me about that. All he really does is dunk and score layups or get to the free throw line. When the Kings play the nets, I'm always like..let him shoot, let him shoot ..

Shareef on the Kings is a totally different player from Shareef on any other of his old teams. like over 20 ppg i remember. But yeah I agree Jefferson is better than shareef right now, but not THAT much better.

LakersDynasty
09-06-2006, 09:18 PM
Artest>Carter IMO.

mavsfan4zindagi
09-06-2006, 09:25 PM
And what exactly makes them not a top 10 team? Are you Nostradamus? Other teams have improved so have the Lakers, at least we didn't lose any key players.

Because only Laker fans see the addition of Radmonovich and Farmer as "improvements". Almost every single WC team improved. Lakers will be lucky to crack the playoffs.

LakersDynasty
09-06-2006, 09:27 PM
Because only Laker fans see the addition of Radmonovich and Farmer as "improvements". Almost every single WC team improved. Lakers will be lucky to crack the playoffs.
Right, and how exactly did the Spurs, Clips, Kings improve? :rolleyes:

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
09-06-2006, 09:29 PM
Artest>Carter IMO.

offensively, Carter >> artest

no question, dont give me that "Artest isnt' a #1 option" crap.

Artest's defense is vastly superior. i remember in one of the 8 games he played vs the Nets this past season when he was on Indy, he shut down both Carter AND jefferson... sick...

anyway

Kidd/VC/RJ >>> Bibby/Wells/Artest

ClipperX
09-06-2006, 09:29 PM
1 - Heats
2 - Mavs
3 - Suns
4 - Clips
5 - Spurs
6 - Pistons
7 - Bulls
8 - Cavs
9 - Nets
10 - Nuggets

My sleepers; Sonics, kings, Rockets, Lakers and Magic.

LakersDynasty
09-06-2006, 09:31 PM
1 - Heats
2 - Mavs
3 - Suns
4 - Clips
5 - Spurs
6 - Pistons
7 - Bulls
8 - Cavs
9 - Nets
10 - Nuggets

My sleepers; Sonics, kings, Rockets, Lakers and Magic.
:rollingeyes:

ClipperX
09-06-2006, 09:31 PM

Clips improvement = TT ( Honestly a lot more versatile then Rad.)

spurs did not improve. Kings are hoping the youngins improved from last season.

mavsfan4zindagi
09-06-2006, 09:34 PM

Spurs? Added two atheletic C's that could actually play in a series against teams like Dallas/Phoenix. Don't see the relevence of bringing up the Spurs though, considering they're light years better then LA.

Clips? Added TT, giving them two solid guys(Maggette/Livingston) coming off the bench. Those guys would start on most teams, including the Lakers.

Kings? A full season with the same Artest that you just said was better then Vince Carter. A healthy SAR and a solid Kevin Martin means they're >Lakers.

AKADS
09-06-2006, 09:34 PM
Not to mention Memphis went backwards and got younger.

Clippers got TT for Vlade. Magette is goin to whine if he doesnt start but they were a borderline top tier team last year and should be there again this year.

Spurs they retooled up front. Elson, E. Williams, Bonner, this team has there 5 core payers still Duncan, Manu, Parker, Finley, Bowen. There still a top team.

Kings didn't improve they just get a full season together. Loosing Bonzi will help a little to develope there young and hurt a little with inexperience. Artest is the key. Bibby will have a good yr.(contract year) Miller and SAR's are a good front court.

LakersDynasty
09-06-2006, 09:35 PM
There is no question that Tim Thomas was a much better player last year than Radman. Hell, he was one of the best players in the playoffs period.

But that can be two things:

1. The Suns system and Steve Nash. Clippers are a halfcourt team and dont "Run and Gun" and shoot 3s as if it was a race. Thomas won't have the same opportunities that he did in Phoenix.

2. He was in a contract year, does Bonzi Wells sound familiar?

ClipperX
09-06-2006, 09:35 PM
1. Dallas
2. San Antonio
3. Miami
4. Phoenix
5. Detroit
6. Lakers
7. Clippers
8. Cavs
9. Nets
10. Bulls

First off your implying that the spurs did not improve and yet you put them in 2nd? :rollingeyes:

RidonKs
09-06-2006, 09:36 PM
San Antonio - Duncan will be back at better form, and TP/Manu duo should do A LOT better tha last year.
Miami - I have no reason not to put the champs in the top 2. Sure Shaq will continue to decline, but Wade will continue to improve. And old Shaq is still better than 95% of the CT's out there.
Dallas - Basically the same team returning, with a few new additions (Croshere, Johnson) that can only help. And Howard will also improve.
Detroit - I very well may be wrong here, but I don't think the loss of Ben will hurt them THAT much. It'll hurt them, but with Dice getting more minutes for more offensive production, and a decent center in Nazr to give them rebounding and defense, I think these guys are still top-5.
LAC - I LOVE this team. And I think they have a great chance at an upset in the playoffs over one of the top dogs. Brand will be in MVP form, Cassel will give them the veteran leadership he did last season, the Caveman will be an all-star within the next two years, and to top it off you have Cat Mobley and Maggette, two big offensive threats, AND Tim Thomas (god I hate him) and Livingston coming off the bench. Whoo that was a nice rant. Watch out for these guys.
Phoenix - I think the Clipps will pass them, because I don't think Amare will be at the top of his game, and in the end, he could actually slow these guys down, because they won't have five shooters on the floor anymore. That being said, the last two years they've surprised the hell outta me, so if Stevie does it again, I won't be surprised. But Losing TT hurt as well (god I hate him).
New Jersey - These guy's will take third in the East, because they are still better than Cleveland and Chicago. The bigman shooter who's name I forget will improve for sure, and then they have the best trio in basketball. I don't expect them to take out any big guns in the playoffs, but they'll definately compete in the regular season.
Chicago - Ben will help, and PJ Brown will definately help with the preoblems from down low, and they are incredibly deep at every position (cept SG, sort of). Kirk, Ben, Luol, Andres, Chris, and the bigmen are in for a fine year. They have one of the brightest futures in the league.
Houston - They would probably be in the top 5, above Detroit, if they were guarenteed to be healthy, or at least their superstars were guarenteed to be for at least 75 games. Unfortunately they're not at all. That's why they're down here. Battier may be the best role player and glue guy in the game, but he's not enough to overcome injuries to TMac and Yao.
Cleveland / LAL - Can't decide between these two teams. Call me a homer, but these teams seem to be identical in skill and talent. They got superstars (Kobe/Bron), secondary guys (Lamar/Hughes, Z), shooters (RadMan, Cook/Jones, Marshall), bigmen (Mihm, Kwame/Varajeon(sp?)). Wow, ent on for a while there. Anyways you get the idea. Solid teams, GREAT superstars.

Just Missing out - Sacramento, Denver (actually forgot about them, they may be even better than the Lakers/Cavs), Washington, NOK, Indiana.

I changed my mind. Those teams could all be in the 10th spot in my mind, along with LA and Cleveland. So it's a 7 way tie for tenth. :applause:

mavsfan4zindagi
09-06-2006, 09:38 PM
There is no question that Tim Thomas was a much better player last year than Radman. Hell, he was one of the best players in the playoffs period.

But that can be two things:

1. The Suns system and Steve Nash. Clippers are a halfcourt team and dont "Run and Gun" and shoot 3s as if it was a race. Thomas won't have the same opportunities that he did in Phoenix.

2. He was in a contract year, does Bonzi Wells sound familiar?

1. No one said TT was gonna be the monster he was in the playoffs. Still a solid 3 point shooter that can take it inside. No matter how you cut it, TT>Vlad.

2. I like how Laker fans like to point out the contract year ho's from other teams but fail to mention their own(Vlad Rad).

LakersDynasty
09-06-2006, 09:38 PM
Spurs? Added two atheletic C's that could actually play in a series against teams like Dallas/Phoenix. Don't see the relevence of bringing up the Spurs though, considering they're light years better then LA.

Clips? Added TT, giving them two solid guys(Maggette/Livingston) coming off the bench. Those guys would start on most teams, including the Lakers.

Kings? A full season with the same Artest that you just said was better then Vince Carter. A healthy SAR and a solid Kevin Martin means they're >Lakers.
:applause: Ok gotcha. Wait I got another one. Blazers>Lakers.
Btw Shareef is one of the loosingest players in NBA history. Every team he's ever went to their record got worse, kinda like Starbury.

LakersDynasty
09-06-2006, 09:40 PM
1. No one said TT was gonna be the monster he was in the playoffs. Still a solid 3 point shooter that can take it inside. No matter how you cut it, TT>Vlad.

2. I like how Laker fans like to point out the contract year ho's from other teams but fail to mention their own(Vlad Rad).
Vlad didn't play great in his contract year. Tim Thomas has done this in the past too. Watch him disappear this season. Did you miss him being a benchwarmer for the Bulls, Knicks?

Kobe24
09-06-2006, 09:40 PM

Why do you hang around the Lakers forum? You aren't a fan. GTFO

LakersDynasty
09-06-2006, 09:41 PM
He's a troll.

mavsfan4zindagi
09-06-2006, 09:45 PM

Coming from the same clown that trolls the Clippers/Suns forums.

Typical for a Laker fan to cry and whine when someone gets realistic with their team.

Kobe24
09-06-2006, 09:47 PM

Typical for a Laker fan to cry and whine when someone gets realistic with their team.

I never seen you say one positive thing on the Lakers but yet you hang around the forum like you're a regular. Typical Mavs fans. Cry like their "superstar" and owner.

:cry:

Maybe next year.

LakersDynasty
09-06-2006, 09:50 PM

For the record: Lakers=14 championships. Suns, Clips, Kings, Mavs=0. :roll:

XxNeXuSxX
09-06-2006, 09:53 PM
The Kings won a championship.... before the name change.

mavsfan4zindagi
09-06-2006, 09:53 PM
I never seen you say one positive thing on the Lakers but yet you hang around the forum like you're a regular. Typical Mavs fans. Cry like their "superstar" and owner.

:cry:

Maybe next year.

I've said positive things. Just not stuck in a delusional LaLa land like most Laker fans like yourself. I see that team for what it is, below average.

Pretty sad that I've been more active there then "true" Laker fans like yourself.

Last part of your post makes no sense. Nice try at humor chump:violin:

big al
09-06-2006, 09:56 PM
1.Spurs
2.Miami
3.Phoenix
4.dallas
5.Bulls
6.Detriot
7.Denver
8.Cavs
9.L.A.
10.Nets

LakersDynasty
09-06-2006, 10:02 PM
I've said positive things. Just not stuck in a delusional LaLa land like most Laker fans like yourself. I see that team for what it is, below average.

Pretty sad that I've been more active there then "true" Laker fans like yourself.

Last part of your post makes no sense. Nice try at humor chump:violin:
That just shows you have no life. Why spend more time than Laker Fans on their forum, just to hate? Must be the insecurity.
How are the Lakers below average when they were a top 10 team recordwise last year. They also beat the Mavs 2-1. And Bryant outscored your whole team.
Mavs fans are so bitter after they lost the Finals. :cry:

mavsfan4zindagi
09-06-2006, 10:11 PM
That just shows you have no life. Why spend more time than Laker Fans on their forum, just to hate? Must be the insecurity.

I post on a lot of forums, not just the Laker one. I have an opinion on a lot of the topics on it, so I post in em. Doesn't mean I don't have a life or I'm insecure, just that I can use my brain for being something other then a mindless groupie like you.

How are the Lakers below average when they were a top 10 team recordwise last year. They also beat the Mavs 2-1. And Bryant outscored your whole team.

Typical Laker fan. Focus on the small things and ignore the big picture. Forget what everyone else does, because the world revolves around LA. Theres a reason you have Dallas on the top of your rankings child.

Markarian
09-06-2006, 10:19 PM
1. Miami
2. Dallas
3. San Antonio
4. Phoenix
5. Detroit
6. New Jersey(Maybe 5)
7. Clippers
8. Denver
9. Cleveland
10. Houston

LakersDynasty
09-06-2006, 10:24 PM
I post on a lot of forums, not just the Laker one. I have an opinion on a lot of the topics on it, so I post in em. Doesn't mean I don't have a life or I'm insecure, just that I can use my brain for being something other then a mindless groupie like you.

Typical Laker fan. Focus on the small things and ignore the big picture. Forget what everyone else does, because the world revolves around LA. Theres a reason you have Dallas on the top of your rankings child.

How's being a top 10 team focusing on little things you *********? Until the season is over and the Lakers are not a top 10 team, your arguments hold no ground Idiot.

Pharmacists84
09-06-2006, 11:07 PM
[QUOTE=Targus

Fury
09-06-2006, 11:09 PM
1. Suns... I firmly believe Amare is come back strong and better than ever simply because his desire and hunger... when you sit out as long as he has... not just is physically ready... emotionally nothing other than the best is good enough

2. Heat... Wade will have another amazing season leading the champs

3. Dallas... as close as they were last year... they're expected to go far

4. Spurs ... These guys are always there... what can u say... expect Parker to step his game up a lil bit this year

5. Bulls... wow... good job in the off season... but honestly... the bulls are good... but lets not get too carried away with them just yet... it's going to take a lil while for them to put things together... for sure it's happening this season... but probably not til right before all star break where they are the dominating team they can be with Big Ben

6. Detriot... lost Ben... but it's not over yet... Prince is probably gonna have a strong ass season... they still have a lot of weapons... i'm sure RIP is working out like crazy for next year

7. Lakers... Kobe... damn... what can you say... minor knee surgery but should be nothing for him... i'm more worried about Lamar... losing a son is nothing small... if he's not there emotionally it's gonna be a long season for him... dont forget about the new shooter... clipps got jacked baby

8. Clipps... Great season last year for them... but I dont know how much farther they're gonna go... I kinda expect to see them end up somehow with that LA playoff series but I dont see them winning it

9. Rockets... T-Mac and Yao... Yao is getting a lot better, Finally puttin things together. With the addition of Shane... this team will hopefully step up on Defense and make the playoffs... probably kickin the Kings out

10. Orlando... yeah D. Howard is showing up this year... just like last year... but probably even better. Damn it's like ever since he got dunked on by kobe he's changed for the better.. but hey its a good thing for him. He's going to lead his team... plus look at the division... other than the heat they really have nothing to worry about

different107
09-06-2006, 11:16 PM
1. San Antonio - They can't win 2 in a row, but they're very good at coming back and winning one. Manu and Duncan being healthy will impact the team more then people think.
2. Miami - Defending champs. Getting older & older though, and faced arguably the weakest of the West's big 3.
3. Phoenix - WCF two years in a row, injuries both years shut down dreams of rings. Amare coming back is huge. If they stay healthy they are my favorites to win it all.
4. Dallas - They've made a lot of lateral trades, I think the only reason they got to the Finals last year was because of Phoenix and San Antonio's injury problems. Still pulled off gutty wins against both teams, the Mavs go as far as Dirk will take them.
5. Detroit - Losing Ben Wallace was big, but Nazr will help and McDyess should get a more prominent role improving the overall offense. I don't think they'll contend with the lost defensive presence, but they are the team I imagine facing Miami in the ECF.
6. Houston - T-mac & Yao are the best inside-outside combo in the NBA at this point, if healthy. Battier was a good pick-up, Head and Alston shined at times last season, they are still horribly thin up front.
7. Denver - It's all about health, losing Leonard one year and Nene the next they still were 45+ wins. JR Smith helps their outside shooting woes and Melo has never looked better.
8. Cleveland - They were one rebound away from the ECF. Larry Hughes's health is a big concern, they were a much better team with him last year. The emergance of Verajo and to a lesser extent Pavlovic gives them added depth.
9. New Jersey - The trio + Kristic is enough to be a top Eastern team. Marcus Williams is a great pick-up, should give Kidd enough in the tank to go all-out when it matters.
10. Chicago - They will be the best defensive team in the leauge, but still have no go-to-scorer. Should have trouble winning close games. Could pull some major upset in the slowed-down playoffs though.

God damnit I forgot the Clippers. Put them somewhere in the 7-10 range.

Clippers - Elton Brand easily had his best year, Cassel/Mobley proved great signings, Livingston had his best year, Maggette seemed to accept his new role. I'm not sure if they will get much better, but last year they were good enough to beat Denver and push the Suns to 7, albeit both teams were injured.

dallas got that far cuz their good

Silent Mav
09-06-2006, 11:30 PM
Phoenix - WCF two years in a row,

If you're going to say that Dallas got to the finals because of injuries. Then at least admit Phoenix got to the WCF due to seedings.

Zombles
09-06-2006, 11:32 PM
If you're going to say that Dallas got to the finals because of injuries. Then at least admit Phoenix got to the WCF due to seedings.

That's true, last year Phoenix wouldn't have beaten Dallas or San Antonio with the Raja Bell/Kurt Thomas injures. They lucked out on the dumbass divisional seeding system.

Silent Mav
09-06-2006, 11:37 PM
Seedings are better this year. But you still have 3 teams fighting for 2 spots. Going to be another great 2nd round matchup somewhere.

Sneakerpro
09-06-2006, 11:40 PM

Outscored a whole team but couldn't muster more than 3 points in the second half of a Game 7 against the worst defensive team in the league.

LakersDynasty
09-06-2006, 11:44 PM
Because he tried to get his teammates involved. It wouldn't have mattered how many points Bryant would have scored because they were down by 20 and couldn't stop them on D, at that point, trading baskets doesn't help you. You need to lock them down on D and get back in the game with team play, common sense, no? :rolleyes: I bet you if Bryant had 40+ in that game you would have said he's a selfish ballhog and that the Lakers lost because he didn't stick to the Lakers Gameplan. Haters are so predictable. :violin:

Targus
09-06-2006, 11:59 PM
Are you serious man?? Joe Johnson, John Smith, and Speedy Claxton are better than Bibby, Artest, and Shareef. Bibby and Shareef are to old and Artest can't shut his mouth enough to play.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :stupid:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gimme a sec, I'm laughing tears. :applause:

cookiemonster
09-07-2006, 12:17 AM
1. Phoenix
2. Dallas
3. Miami
4. LA Clippers
5. Spurs
6. Kings
7. Houston
8. Denver
9. Cleveland
10. Detroit

ClipperX
09-07-2006, 12:25 AM
For the record: Lakers=14 championships. Suns, Clips, Kings, Mavs=0. :roll:

So how many do u have??

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
09-07-2006, 12:34 AM
1 Miami
2 Dallas
3 Phoenix
4 San Antonio
5 Detroit
6 Houston
7 New Jersey
8 Chicago
9 Cavs
10 Denver

Miami The Champs Thats simply why they are number 1 returning everyone i still dont think they will repeat. Dallas is my pick for the WC champs. They will battle the suns in the final. San antonio is still top 5 elite teams i put them at 4 because i think with a healthy amare and the signing of jumaine jones phx is better. Detroit lost big ben but gained Nazi, IMO they are top 5 still returning everyone. Houston will make the playoffs i gaurentee it, only if tmac and yao stay healthy, adding battier was a good move even though giving up rudy, battier was an immediate fit to their playoff run. Chicago adding big ben and thats enough said. New Jersey draftin Marcus williams, Boone and Hassan Adams, Giving good depth on the bench but simply Kidd, Rj and Carter can't be rejected out top 10. Cavs Simply because LeBron James and now adding shannon brown for another atheletic small foward. They return Big Z and Gooden. Denver was tough to put at number 10 but i put them in front of the clippers and lakers because they are going to be a tough team to be in the playoffs adding j.r. smith isn't the reason. Nene is back and i think he will make a big impact.

LakersDynasty
09-07-2006, 12:40 AM
So how many do u have??
14, I already said it.

freshDMS
09-07-2006, 12:41 AM
1. Miami - Basicaly the entire lineup from a championship team returning, gotta start them at #1
2. Detroit - The departure of Ben Wallace will hurt the defense, but not as much as people think, Nazi Mohammed and Dale Davis will fill part of the void, and the fact that Antonio Mcdyess will be seeing alot more minutes bodes well for the Pistons' offense, not to mention his ability and hustle on the defensive end. Tayshaun Prince will only get better, maybe a breakout season for him.
3. Phoneix - Great team last year with no real post presance, Depending on how Amare responds to his injury, this #3 ranking could soon change to #1
4. Dallas - Got robbed in the finals, finally showed the tuffness it takes to make it to the finals, dont be surprized if they get back this year
5. San Antonio - Added some youth to their veteran core players, Nazi's departer to Detroit will hurt more than people think
6. Denver - Carmelo was by far the best player in the world championships, look for that too continue this season with a strong supporting cast around him. Consider them a serious contender in the west.
7. Chicago - The addition of Ben Wallace provides a much needed defensive presance downlow and veteran leadership to a very talented young core (who wil only get better). Maybe the best defensive team in the league this season if San Antonio and Detroit are significantly hurt from their respected losses on defense
8. L.A. Clippers - Good team last year, Lamar Odom had an mvp type season and a healty Cory Maggette will only make them stronger
9. Sacramento - One of the hottest teams the 2nd half of the season last year, due to the addition of ron artest. He brings tuffness to an all around solid team, but not strong enough to be considered serious contenders in the west.
10. N.J. Nets - Kidd Jefferson and Carter make them fun to watch, but no post presance means no conferance finals for the nets

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
09-07-2006, 12:44 AM
Detroit at 2? I don't think Spurs, Dallas or Phoenix Likes That, Neither do I

freshDMS
09-07-2006, 12:58 AM
pistons went to being called one of the greatest teams of all time to fogotten in a couple of weeks, the pistons went cold against the cavs plain and simple, and the frustration with the shooting woes got to them which led them to turn on Flip Saunders which led to the embarassment against Miami. Dont expect that again this season. Ben Wallace wont hurt as much as people say, i think it may make them better off, especially with flip's system

BradMiller52
09-07-2006, 01:33 AM
Are you serious man?? Joe Johnson, John Smith, and Speedy Claxton are better than Bibby, Artest, and Shareef. Bibby and Shareef are to old and Artest can't shut his mouth enough to play.

Not only are you 100% wrong you can't even name the players you're talking about!:roll: :hammerhead: :stupid:

Anyway I'm trying to stay out of this topic because people with decent teams are just going to complain if their team isn't where they think they should be. Im seriously embarrassed after looking at some of the homerism here(I'm talking about fans of every team besides maybe mavs here).

PacerRaptor
09-07-2006, 01:42 AM
1. Indiana
2. Phoenix
3. Dallas
4. Cleveland
5. Detroit
6. San Antonio
7. Miami
8. Clippers
9. New Jersey
10. Nuggets

i read through most of the pages and MOST people here are underestimating/sleeping on the Pacers. I agree totoally with Boss Baller, you guys arent giving the Pacers enough credit, they had 2 bad season, mainly of Artest (who is how gone) and with the addition of Harrington and Daniels im sure they'll be back in the top 5 in the power rankings...dont sleep on them guys

AKADS
09-07-2006, 01:50 AM
i read through most of the pages and MOST people here are underestimating/sleeping on the Pacers. I agree totoally with Boss Baller, you guys arent giving the Pacers enough credit, they had 2 bad season, mainly of Artest (who is how gone) and with the addition of Harrington and Daniels im sure they'll be back in the top 5 in the power rankings...dont sleep on them guys
Top 5 in power ranking. They could easily get 4th in Central. Come on part of these has to be teams we know are goin to play well together.

JO will not be sucsessful at center. Al is a horrible defender. Quis is still unproven. SJAX and Tinsley aren't a top 10 back court. I think Indy could make a serious push but they are not a top 10 maybe 10 - 12.

Underdog
09-07-2006, 08:26 AM
[QUOTE=Targus

mavsfan2006
09-07-2006, 10:58 AM
1. Miami - they are the champs and the team to beat...
2. San Antonio - every year people always forget about them spurs.
3. Phoenix - with Amare back, this team is going to be deadly.
4. NEW JERSEY - yes thats right NJ Nets. All the Nets needed was a shooter and back up point guard for the unbelievable Jason Kidd. They got Eddie House and Marcus Williams. If uncle cliffy can stay off the grass, nets can beat ANYBODY! And i think Jason Kidd is aware that his clock is ticking.
5.Dallas - I just dont think they have a chance against San Antonio or Phoenix. They might not even get past the Rockets!
6. Houston - Going to be great to see McGrady back, but can he finally get out of the first round!
7. Denver - This team has sooo much potential. I mean soooo much potential, but the players dont seem to get along with the coach, and vice versa!
8. Clippers - Elton Brand is a great power foward!, But I always seem to think Sam Cassel has nothing left in his tank, but then again hes always proved me wrong.
9. Cleveland - Sorry Lebron, but your team doesnt know how step up, besides you of course. I still think your amazing.
10. Detroit - Losing Ben will hurt them a good amount. No one is going to be scared of playing them anymore. No one will be scared of driving inside. There will no more bell noises, because no more blocked shots. They lost their defensive anchor!
MAVS CAN'T GET PAST THE SUNS OR SPURS??? YOU MUST BE ON CRACK! EVERYONE WROTE THEM OFF LAST SEASON AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED. WIN A GAME 7 ON THE DEFENDING CHAMPS HOME COURT? BEAT THE SUNS AT THEIR GAME AFTER TRAILING 18 POINTS AND WIN THE SERIES ON THEIR HOME FLOOR AS WELL?? DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE ROCKETS!! LOOK FOR THE MAVS TO FINISH FIRST IN THE WEST AND AGAIN BEAT THE SUNS FOR THE TRIP TO THE FINALS. :pimp:

mavsfan2006
09-07-2006, 11:03 AM
1 Miami
2 Dallas
3 Phoenix
4 San Antonio
5 Detroit
6 Houston
7 New Jersey
8 Chicago
9 Cavs
10 Denver

Miami The Champs Thats simply why they are number 1 returning everyone i still dont think they will repeat. Dallas is my pick for the WC champs. They will battle the suns in the final. San antonio is still top 5 elite teams i put them at 4 because i think with a healthy amare and the signing of jumaine jones phx is better. Detroit lost big ben but gained Nazi, IMO they are top 5 still returning everyone. Houston will make the playoffs i gaurentee it, only if tmac and yao stay healthy, adding battier was a good move even though giving up rudy, battier was an immediate fit to their playoff run. Chicago adding big ben and thats enough said. New Jersey draftin Marcus williams, Boone and Hassan Adams, Giving good depth on the bench but simply Kidd, Rj and Carter can't be rejected out top 10. Cavs Simply because LeBron James and now adding shannon brown for another atheletic small foward. They return Big Z and Gooden. Denver was tough to put at number 10 but i put them in front of the clippers and lakers because they are going to be a tough team to be in the playoffs adding j.r. smith isn't the reason. Nene is back and i think he will make a big impact.
:applause: :cheers:

Boss_Baller_34
09-07-2006, 11:48 AM
Top 5 in power ranking. They could easily get 4th in Central. Come on part of these has to be teams we know are goin to play well together.

JO will not be sucsessful at center. Al is a horrible defender. Quis is still unproven. SJAX and Tinsley aren't a top 10 back court. I think Indy could make a serious push but they are not a top 10 maybe 10 - 12.

I have to disagree with you. I still believe that the Pacers are the number one team. JO played a lot of Center for the Pacers last year. The way that they played him at the Center position was not the traditional way that you play the Center position. He didn't have to do as much grinding, and it was a little more free flowing. It's going to be even more that way with this new uptempo game that the Pacers will be playing. Al is not a first team all NBA defender, but at the same time he's not horrible either. He really is a decent defender that can hold his own. His size and strength, and relative quickness for his size is what makes him a good defender. Not to mention his offensive skills. He scored 31 points on Ron Artest which was the most any player scored on him last year. I agree that SJAX and Tinsley aren't a top 10 Back Court, but they don't have to be with our team. We have enough talent, that all they need are modest numbers. Marquis Daniels will definitely blend in well with us. The only reason why he didn't have much success last year was because of Avery Johnson. Avery Johnson had a different offensive scheme than that of Don Nelson. The Pacers will be playing "NellieBall" this year, and it will fit Marquis Daniels pefectly. Not to mention he still is a pretty good defender. With the Pacers size and athleticism, I think that they have put together the best team. I think that the locker room atmosphere will be much better as well. The Pacers will win the championship!

mavsfan2006
09-07-2006, 02:02 PM
I have to disagree with you. I still believe that the Pacers are the number one team. JO played a lot of Center for the Pacers last year. The way that they played him at the Center position was not the traditional way that you play the Center position. He didn't have to do as much grinding, and it was a little more free flowing. It's going to be even more that way with this new uptempo game that the Pacers will be playing. Al is not a first team all NBA defender, but at the same time he's not horrible either. He really is a decent defender that can hold his own. His size and strength, and relative quickness for his size is what makes him a good defender. Not to mention his offensive skills. He scored 31 points on Ron Artest which was the most any player scored on him last year. I agree that SJAX and Tinsley aren't a top 10 Back Court, but they don't have to be with our team. We have enough talent, that all they need are modest numbers. Marquis Daniels will definitely blend in well with us. The only reason why he didn't have much success last year was because of Avery Johnson. Avery Johnson had a different offensive scheme than that of Don Nelson. The Pacers will be playing "NellieBall" this year, and it will fit Marquis Daniels pefectly. Not to mention he still is a pretty good defender. With the Pacers size and athleticism, I think that they have put together the best team. I think that the locker room atmosphere will be much better as well. The Pacers will win the championship!
HAHA!!:stupid:

riggz_01
09-07-2006, 02:43 PM
Pacers as anumber one team!!! R u out of your mind? No one's scared of them anymore. R you following the same League as all of us here? hahaha:hammerhead:

riggz_01
09-07-2006, 02:50 PM
1. Dallas- Dirks on his prime and young players like Devin Harris and Josh Howard will improve from the previous playoff experience.

2. San Antonio- Tim will bounce back from after having some statistical career lows, Manu and Parker will be consistent. But NOT making it to the Finals last season will be the reason why it will benefit them and motivate the team tremendously.

3. Cleveland- LBJ will have an MVP season. Z and the Brazilian enforcer will be rock solid throughout the whole year, Wesley and Damon Jones will keep the defense honest. If this roster doesn't work, a coaching change might happen!

4. Miami- Flash put the whole franchise on his shoulder during the Finals. they struggled during the season and getting lucky with the Nets( Cliff Robinson getting suspended). Shaq's still great but to win the title back to back, Wade has to be more than amazing again.

5. Houston- the addition off Shane Battier and Casey Jacobson will give the roster toughness on defense and outside shooting. An injury free season from Yao and T-Mac will determine the teams fate.

6. Phoenix- Amare is a question mark. few players have regained their usual form after having his kind of surgery. Nash has to be great for the Suns to be considered as contenders.

7. L.A. Lakers- A bittertaste of the previous playoffs will inspire this team throughout the year. Kobe will have a fresh start sporting his new no.24, and everyone should be very familiar with the triangle this time around!

8. Chicago- A very good mix of Good young players and fiery Veterans makes the roster very appealing. With Nocioni and Big Ben. it gives the team a lot of toughness in the frontcourt. while the backcourt was never a problem with Gordon and Kirk leading the way.

9. Detroit- It hurts me to put the Pistons at number nine. I dont understand why the offense wasn't going through Rasheed, and Why Rip chooses to dribble and penetrate to the Hoop more instead of doing what he does best of moving through screens,doing catch and shoot around the perimeter during the playoffs. unless they go back to what they usually do, it's only a matter of time before Joe D. really starts making changes.

10. Charlotte Bobcats- Laugh all you want guys. But im betting for this team to make alot of noise this upcoming season. Adam Morrison i think is something. A lot of positives are happening within the Franchise and with MJ around, things should get alot better!!!

( o.k., Maybe im taking it too far by putting the bobcats at number 10, but im hoping they do make some noise this year. Maybe the Nets, Clippers or Memphis at number 10 will make more sense)

NugzFan
09-07-2006, 03:33 PM
bobcats at 10? lol.

Pharmacists84
09-07-2006, 03:56 PM
Alright everybody instead of messing around anymore ill be serious. Everyone knows all the top teams like the Heat, Spurs, Mavs, Suns.. But lets be serious no one is looking at the Hornets. They have a pretty good backcourt with Chris paul, Bobby jackson, Rasual Butler, Janerro Pargo, and Desmond mason. They also have a very deep frontcourt with Tyson chandler, Peja, Hilton armstrong, David west, Cedric Simmons, and Marc jackson. So instead of giving all the praise to these teams everyone knows about look at the not so popular teams like the New Orleans Hornets.

insidehoops
09-07-2006, 08:52 PM
Bump

Ellimist
09-08-2006, 02:25 AM
1. Heat
2. Mavericks
3. Nets
4. Suns
5. Pacers
6. Cavs
7. Bulls
8. Spurs
9. Kings
10. Clippers

Time for the downfall of the pistons. They will miss Ben more than they thought, its up to Prince now.

Ellimist
09-08-2006, 02:28 AM
Alright everybody instead of messing around anymore ill be serious. Everyone knows all the top teams like the Heat, Spurs, Mavs, Suns.. But lets be serious no one is looking at the Hornets. They have a pretty good backcourt with Chris paul, Bobby jackson, Rasual Butler, Janerro Pargo, and Desmond mason. They also have a very deep frontcourt with Tyson chandler, Peja, Hilton armstrong, David west, Cedric Simmons, and Marc jackson. So instead of giving all the praise to these teams everyone knows about look at the not so popular teams like the New Orleans Hornets.

no.

The Hornets still dont have a bench. Jackson and Peja will miss at least 20 games each, and Chandler can't score. Chris Paul is my favorite player in the NBA, but I feel for him with some bad signing this offseason. David West can grow, and hopefully Armstong becomes a good player in a couple years. Since so many teams got better this season, they will have another struggle at the 8th seed.

Teams that look like are getting better though, are Charlotte and Orlando.

If gerald wallace can play SG, then the starting linup of Felton, Wallace, Morrison, Okafor, and Brezec looks real good. Plus, they have Brevin kight and loads of cap space.

Orlando has Howard, Millicic, Nelson, Redick, and Arroyo. Add in Vince Carter, and you have a contender.

Ellimist
09-08-2006, 02:35 AM

I agree with what you say about the bobcats, but not becasue of MJ.

He took Kwame Brown 1st overall.

Actually, it didnt end up too bad becasue they traded him for Caron Butler.

Shaq for Lamar Odom and Kwame? :hammerhead:

04mzwach
09-08-2006, 05:11 AM
I predict that there will be about 4 surprise teams in the playoffs this year.

nickles55
09-08-2006, 02:13 PM
1. miami champs
2. dallas dirk and new guys brought in
3. cleveland lebron and hughes will get dem far
4. phoenix amare's back and nash and marion
5. chicago big ben wallace and gordon wit hinrich
6. detroit billups prince hamilton wallace mohammed murray mcdyess hunter
7. la clippers brand cassell thomas etc
8. new orleans paul and stojakovic
9. houston healthy tmac and healthy yao wit battier
10. spurs duncan parker ginobili self explanatory

Trade
09-08-2006, 02:54 PM
Rockets at 10 :wtf:

Trade
09-08-2006, 03:29 PM
:banghead: Its CRAZY how people are underestimating the Rockets one bad season of injuries and thier forgotten!!! In 04 - 05 they won about 52 games and they went seven games with the Mavs and that was when Yoa was still learnig the game and TMac got traded and was still getting use to the team and the style of play not to mention he was also hurting.
If TMac plays At least 70 games they are a top 5 team Yao is not injury prone i dont understand why everyone thinks that. If TMac is telling the truth about bieng healthy he can carry the team himself to playoffs including Yao and Battier they are a Top 5 Team!!!!!!!!!

NugzFan
09-08-2006, 03:51 PM
miami, dallas, spurs, suns, cavs, detroit, chicago, clippers.

no, they arent.

butch mcrae
09-08-2006, 04:08 PM
Chris Paul is my favorite player in the NBA, but I feel for him with some bad signing this offseason.

:wtf:

Trade
09-08-2006, 04:20 PM
miami, dallas, spurs, suns, cavs, detroit, chicago, clippers.

no, they arent.
yes they are

LakersDynasty
09-08-2006, 10:23 PM
1. miami champs
2. dallas dirk and new guys brought in
3. cleveland lebron and hughes will get dem far
4. phoenix amare's back and nash and marion
5. chicago big ben wallace and gordon wit hinrich
6. detroit billups prince hamilton wallace mohammed murray mcdyess hunter
7. la clippers brand cassell thomas etc
8. new orleans paul and stojakovic
9. houston healthy tmac and healthy yao wit battier
10. spurs duncan parker ginobili self explanatory

Can you enlighten us as to how New Orleans is better than the Spurs? :wtf:

hecmirnunez
09-08-2006, 11:13 PM
1 Miami
2 Dallas
3 Phoenix
4 San Antonio
5 Detroit
6 Cleveland
7 Chicago
8 Nets
9 Clippers
10a Houston- it depends of T Mac
10b Denver- If Carmelo gets better
10c Hornets- their raising up, it woudnt be a surprise seeing them in the playoff again (Chris Paul, Peja, Bobby Jackson)

For those who are saying that the Lakers will be in the 5 spot:wtf: in your dreams!!!!!!!!!!

AKADS
09-09-2006, 03:27 AM
Some Funny **** from the Laker Forum

1. Dallas- They were screwed by the refs in Game 5, Wade is not MJ. So why give him all those free throws, and that photom foul at the end. I still waiting for game 7. Mavs should come out with a mission!
2. San Atonio- Still has a great team, Duncan will have less min, Prep for the play-off, the west got better
3. Lakers- Kobe played last year with a bad knee, not this year! Brown found his purpose. Bynum will get playing time. Odom will play some point. This is the last year of Grants 15 mil contract. More money to throw around next year, so players will be stepping up. Show me da money!! And they added Vrad a younger Peja type player and farmer who was born to play da triangle.
And some rope playing defenders.
4. Chicago- This team has upgraded big. I see this team playing great D' they might be the best team in the East.:banghead:
5. Miami- Shaq has very little left, and now Wades has a ego,the NBA refs spoiled him, and now Watching wade on the USA team, complaining after every miss not getting back on D'. And hearing the other teams trash talk to him saying your not Jordon, and then Schooling him. Wade will now get the same treatment this year in the NBA.:cry:
6. Cleveland-The team will do everything they can to make him better, until James starts playing as a team and of course D' No rings for the so called King or should I say Queen.:rollingeyes:
7. Phoenix- This team has to many good players, but even with Amare's return Well if he does return considering he was not well enough for Team USA. Nash is almost done too much caring the team last year, has put too much weight on his back he might be done after this year.
8. Clippers- This team had talent every year but always failed, but last year they were pretty good. But Sam want out, wants to play for the Lakers. Unless they pick up Baby Shaq or maybe Sprewell he is gone after this year and so are there play-off chances.
9. Detroit- Losing Ben was a big lose more than they want admit, this team will fall apart. Ya they still got a great team. But the only reason they got a ring is that Stern wanted show the NBA fans that anyone can win a championship with out star player. So the refs let them get away with hard fouls. Timidating the other team. But with no Ben a big part of their D' is gone so this year more team will be attacking the inside.
10.New York- Looking to much like team USA, will makes some big moves during the season. If not I would pick Houston for the 10th spot, with the combo of T-mac and Ming and a good supportings staff. But T-Mac may never be what he once was. At least not for a whole year. With that in mind if both team don't step up the 10th spot will go the team with the worst owners. The Kings, Ron Artest is a great player, but he also does not want to be there. He should had been a Laker but the Kings. Sucker the Pacers in offering Peja at the last moment. Hiding the fact that he was done, with a bad back. He may recover but thats too much to chance. And the Pacer wanted Odom or Bynum to high of a price. So they had to let him go. The Kings have a great team Bibby Miller and Artest but with owners and coach that plays a 7 men rotation all year round squeezing out everything you got then throwing you away like if you were trash. No wonder why they had notning left when it came to the play-off.:no:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10435

LakersDynasty
09-09-2006, 03:34 AM
Oh well, that guy is dumb.

AKADS
09-09-2006, 03:37 AM
Oh well, that guy is dumb.
So is anyone who has the Lakers in the top 10

LakersDynasty
09-09-2006, 03:43 AM
So is anyone who has the Lakers in the top 10
How sure are you the Lakers won't have a top 10 record this year?

AKADS
09-09-2006, 03:57 AM
What are you thinkin.

how did you get 562 post trolling and saying stupid garbage

LakersDynasty
09-09-2006, 04:03 AM
What are you thinkin.

how did you get 562 post trolling and saying stupid garbage
WTF does that have to do with my question! And Cavs going to the Finals isn't stupid groupie sh!t, ok. :rolleyes:

BradMiller52
09-09-2006, 04:04 AM
WTF does that have to do with my question! And Cavs going to the Finals isn't stupid groupie sh!t, ok. :rolleyes:

Who said the cavs are going to the finals?

LakersDynasty
09-09-2006, 04:04 AM
Who said the cavs are going to the finals?
AKADS. Not in this thread though.

AKADS
09-09-2006, 04:07 AM
We were one rebound from ECF. I feel we match up well VS the Heat. In the West Cavs are a 6 seed unless they got a week confrence.

I don't understand the Laker fans. Can you please say something intelligent on this board as far as how I know the Lakers aren't a top 10 team easy

Heat
Mavs
Suns
SAS
Cavs
Nets
Pistons
Bulls
Clippers
Rockets
Kings

AKADS
09-09-2006, 04:09 AM
I feel the Cavs will go to finals.

They are deep. They have everything they need.

A Superstar. LeBron

Defencive Backcourt - Snow, Hughes

Shooters - Jones Donyell

Rebounders - Gooden, Big Z

Hustle and D - AV, Pollard

Veteran Leadership - Jones, Wesley, Snow.

I picked Cavs VS Suns.

LakersDynasty
09-09-2006, 04:13 AM
Whatever, that's your opinion. They are not better than Detroit IMO. About equal with the Bulls and Nets.

AKADS
09-09-2006, 04:18 AM
OK the one thing is I am a respected poster who throws out a few homerisms once and a while, while you are a homer with everything you post.

Edit- Make u happy Lakertool

LakersDynasty
09-09-2006, 04:20 AM
OK the one thing is I am a respect poster who throws out a few homerisms once and while while you are homer with everything you post.
Give me an example, you seem too worried about what people who have never seen you in real life think about you.
Cavs going to the Finals more likely to happen than Lakers being a top 10 team, Agreed! :rolleyes:

LakersDynasty
09-09-2006, 04:28 AM
OK the one thing is I am a respect poster who throws out a few homerisms once and while while you are homer with everything you post.
Easy to see why you're such a "respect" poster.

AKADS
09-09-2006, 04:39 AM
WOW ur so smart. I miss spelled a few words.

Your a tool.

LakersDynasty
09-09-2006, 04:41 AM
WOW ur so smart. I miss spelled a few words.

Your a tool.
:stupid:

hotsizzle
09-09-2006, 05:07 AM
Didnt Lakers have a top 10 record last yr???

Zombles
09-09-2006, 05:09 AM

Yes, but I think people wonder how they're going to maintain that without improving much except for adding Radmanovic, compared to say, the Rockets who add Battier and Tracy McGrady, or a team like the Jazz who will hopefully get Boozer and Kirilenko for all of the season.

LakersDynasty
09-09-2006, 05:09 AM
Exactly. But I'm a homer for believing the Lakers can do it again, and it's common sense and not homerism to think the Cavs will make the finals, go figure.

AKADS
09-09-2006, 05:13 AM
Power Ranking are not the same as record. Second other teams have improved more then a 24th pick and a 3 point shooter.

hotsizzle
09-09-2006, 05:22 AM
Yes, but I think people wonder how they're going to maintain that without improving much except for adding Radmanovic, compared to say, the Rockets who add Battier and Tracy McGrady, or a team like the Jazz who will hopefully get Boozer and Kirilenko for all of the season.

I dont see why people are counting the lakers out already. Lakers were one of the best second half season teams. they improved drastically over the course of the season. if they play the way they played at the end of the season w/ lamar and kwame stepping up like they did, they will be a really good team. radman is not the main thing that will improve us. its not always about who they added. look at cleveland, they didnt add anyone that significant but theres no reason to believe they wont be better. lakers are building on what they had last yr...now we have teams like houston that got better...but memphis left so that cancels out. teams like the jazz,hornets got better but I dont see how they are better than lakers. I mean you got kobe/odom and they're better than any combo that jazz or hornets have. plus, we got a GOAT coach.

a dominating player in kobe, a GOAT coach, and an improved supporting cast. and despite major slumps throughout the season and nights where your 2nd option scored 5 points...still were top 10 recordwise. and what about them taking suns to 7 games..was that a fluke?

LakersDynasty
09-09-2006, 05:32 AM
Yes it was a fluke because they blew a 3-1 lead. :rolleyes:
I've been saying this all the time, some teams have improved, others haven't.

Gasol is probably out for half the season so that pretty much takes the Grizzlies out of playoff contention, a team that had a better record than the Lakers last year.

Clippers haven't done anything significant other than replacing Radman with Tim Thomas.

Kings will have a full season with Artest but lost Bonzi Wells who was the only reason they challenged the Spurs.

New Orleans added a shooter but still lack experience.

There's no guarantee that T-Mac will be his old self, back injuries don't just go away. They added Battier which is HUGE but are still one of the worst Teams in the league in the depth department.

Boozer and Kirilenko playing a whole season would make Utah contend for the NW division title, but again, how is this duo even close to Odom/Kobe?
Their backcourt is among the worst in the NBA, decent at PG but don't have a true SG.

Inmate Nagooyan
09-09-2006, 01:41 PM
Here's my top 10

1. San Antonio- Healthy Duncan makes a huge difference
2 Miami- Defending Champs still the same squad.
3. Dallas- Mavs still a major threat to get the rings
4. Detroit- May take time early but Pistons will be there late
5. Phoenix- Same squad with additions of Amare and Jumaine Jones
6. LA Clippers- Not sure last season was fluke, did some serious playoff damage.
7. Cleveland-Lebron has some stability with his teammates now.
8. Orlando- Dwight Howard and Jameer Nelson go into star mode this season and have some serious backup behind them with Darko,Arroyo, Redick and maybe even Grant Hill:violin:
9.Chicago- Not convinced all the young talent the brought in will work, but cannot ignore how they look on paper with Ben Wallace.

10.Houston- Yao and T-mac healthy is always scary, but will it happen. Battier brings stability.

Also recieving consiteration: LA Lakers, Memphis Grizzlies, New Jersey Nets

TritonBisonBruin
09-11-2006, 05:40 AM
1. Miami
2. Phoenix
3. Dallas
4. San Antonio
5. Detroit
6. LA Clippers
7. Chicago
8. Denver
9. Cleveland
10. LA Lakers

craigthomasb
09-11-2006, 10:21 AM
new jersey have got to be top 10, theyve got a legit tittle shot this year with some good offseason additions and allways improving kristic

TiMavericks21
09-11-2006, 01:33 PM
1. Dallas -- Within 2 Win's (and some poor officiating) from being the Champions. They are unbelievably talented and with their offseason acquistions are even deeper than last year. They let Miami's physicality get the best of them(Haslem pushed Dirk around, thanks to the officials) and they let Miami's momentum get the best of them. However, they are the best team. Dirk is a legitimate star now. Jason Terry is following in his footsteps as a big time player who wants the ball in clutch situations. Josh Howard is Mr. Versatility with his slashing skills and his jump shot is coming along quite niciely. They're forming a new Big Three between them and are surrounded by talent on their deep bench. Diop and Damp do what they need. Stack is Mr. Pure Offense/Please Stop Taking Bad Shots. Devin Harris is shaping into a very nice player who plays big against good teams. The thing that will have this team back in the Finals is Avery. He's an excellent coach who learns from his mistakes and corrects them. Next time around, he'll be better prepared and Dallas will be celebrating at the end of the June.

2. San Antonio -- Just a smart team that plays together, moves the ball well and plays solid defense. Everyone knows their role. You know what you get from TP/Duncan/Manu trio, but contributions from Bowen, Finley, Horry, Barry, Oberto, Udrih really make them a great T-E-A-M. Losing Mohammed hurts. How good Elson/Butler perform at C is key for them.

3. Phoenix -- Run and gun, high octane offense. Team is characterized by great ball movement, deadeye shooters and a plethora of athletic, offensive players. Basically the old Dallas Mavericks, will outscore you but refuse to conform and play defense. Will do well if Amare's returns as good or better and doesnt let his injury become a distraction and disrupt team chemistry (see Webber in Sacramento). Nash is still great but aching, but Diaw and Barbosa are really blossoming. Still not as good Spurs and Mavs.

4. Miami -- The CHAMPS, but not this year. Give them their credit, Wade was Jordanesque in the Finals, but they rely on him way too much. Had it not been for Wade's out of body experience (and a terrible Game 5 call), they wouldn't be champions. But they won (I'm still a little bitter as you can tell).
Coaches watched the Finals and noticed how reliant they are on one player. Come the playoffs, teams will be ready to swarm Wade and although they won't stop him, they'll make him utilize his teammates more and I don't think the supporting cast is good enough to come through twice. Walker, Williams, Payton are streaky and Shaq was mediocre for the NBA Finals. Heat aren't a "GREAT TEAM", teams will be ready for them. Notice the Mavericks offseason acquisitions (Buckner, George, Ager, Johnson -- all guys acquired for purpose of slowing down the only reason the Heat won, D-Wade).

5. Chicago -- Could go either way. They could establish themselves as a top tier team, or just stay in the land of mediocrity. The talent is there. They are loaded with young, talented and capable players who are only getting better and gaining valuable experience (Hinrich, Nocioni, Deng, Gordon, Duhon). They're rookies are solid, but probably won't have a major impact right away. Their big men will. Adding PJ Brown and Ben Wallace solidifies their frontcourt. Their rebounding and defensive prowess will only compliment their young offensive talent. Look out for this team, they are capable of de-throning the Champs in the East.

6. Detroit -- Those who think that losing Ben Wallace won't hurt are dead wrong. It will. But adding Mohammed was a good of a job replacing him as they could have done. Still lack a solid bench, but Rip and Chauncey are still as good of a backcourt as there is, and Tayshaun is establishing himself as a very-good(not GREAT) player who plays at both ends of the court. Rasheed is solid, but getting older and if he gets disgruntled look for problems with this team. But the East is still weak and they will do well.

7. Houston -- Health, health, health. If this team isn't plagued by injuries, they will be a very good team. Of course there is no guarantee that they will, but then again there is no guarantee for any team. A healthy T-Mac will be the star we know him to be, but adding Battier was huge for this team. You know what you'll get from Yao and Howard. I think their still lacking a solid true PG, but between Alston and Sura, they do have potential. Luther Head is also getting a lot better and will be a major contributor for this team.

8. LA Clippers -- This is a very good basketball team. The tools are there, but unfortunately they are not a GREAT basketball team. They'll do well during the regular season, but I don't consider them a threat to get out of the West. They're bringing back basically the same team. Adding Tim Thomas will not be as big of an addition as people think. This is not the Run and Gun offense that was geared for him in Phoenix. He'll probably return to the Tim Thomas of old in due time. Solid team, won't contend with Dallas/SA/Phx.

9. NJ -- I can't stand them. I have a difficult time watching them. They bore me. But they are a good team. Kidd/Carter/Jeff play extremely well together. Unfortunately, they don't have what it takes. I think that L-Frank's inexperience will continue to hurt them(never should have fired Scott). Kristic is really improving his game. They drafted good rookies but I don't how much their immediate impact will be felt. Same with their offseason acquisitions (House and Moore). They're so-so. The Nets could contend for the crown in the East, but would stand no chance against the best in the West.

10. Cleveland -- King James is insane. He makes other players around him better and does everything(and more) that the Cavs ask him to do. This team shows flashes of being a top team, but then at times they do the opposite. They have a very deep team and that will be extremely beneficial during the rigorous 82 game season and 2 month playoffs. If Larry Hughes returns to his Washington form, look out for this team in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Borderline teams: Sacramento, New Orleans, Memphis, Denver, LA Lakers

iforgot82
09-11-2006, 10:31 PM
1)MIAMI-only b/c they won the championship and kept all core unit
2)ROCKETS-will explain below
3)MAVS-lost daniels but added Austin croshere, another year of being together will get close again
4)CHICAGO-added Ben, good draft, very young explosive quick team and east is weak
5)SPURS-as long as Duncan,Manu, and Parker are with the team they will make playoffs
6)SUNS-Amare coming back, 2 time MVP, lots of smart role players(i.e. Bell,Barbosa,Boris)
7)DETROIT-Key loss in Ben, but still have Billups,Prince,Rip, enough for playoffs in Weak east
8)CLEVELAND-Lebron, Lebron, Lebron!
9)DENVER-Carmelo looked solid in FIBA games, will have MVP type year, have pieces to the puzzle but lack chemistry
10)SACRAMENTO-started to play well at end of season, if Ron A. can just play ball and stop talking will surprise and could be top 5

Back to Houston....about 90% of posts said if yao and tmac are healthy, well if most star players aren't healthy for their team of course they aren't going to win :no: that goes for all teams,i saw a post that said whoever has Houston top 5 was a moron as they haven't done anything since Steve F., Fyi. Steve led Houston to one playoff appearnce, Tmac did it in 1st season and Lost in 7 to Dallas...Rockets new players(Shane B., John Lucas,Kirk Snyder,Casey J.,V. Spannoulis,S.Novak,Sura coming back)---Battier is great defender and does all the dirty work, i don't know if you guys saw the FIBA games, but Vassilis S.(another Ginobli) is solid and will be big off bench, Tmac and Yao are All stars, Rafer is solid pg, backed up by V.Span and john lucas,Novak could play for R.O.Y award as he will play big role, will be in 8 man rotation and with his shot teams will either let him drain it or let tmac and yao play one on one..This team is no longer old, they are quicker, yao is smarter tougher, tmac is healthy, and have always been top 5 defensive team with Jeff at the helm, and shane will only help
mark it!! Rockets Beat Heat in 6 games... yao is crowned best center in the league

TiMavericks21
09-12-2006, 08:22 AM
OK, FIRST OFF -- THE HOUSTON ROCKETS WILL NOT BE CHAMPIONS IN 2006-2007. I AM A MAVS FAN, BUT I AM ALSO REALISTIC. I AGREE WITH YOU THAT THE ROCKETS ARE YOUNG AND THEY DO HAVE SOME TALENT BUT C'MON. YOU LISTED GUYS "John Lucas,Kirk Snyder,Casey J.,V. Spannoulis,S.Novak", THAT HAVEN'T PROVEN ANYTHING IN THE NBA. JUST BECAUSE A GUY PLAYS WELL IN FIBA DOESN'T MEAN HE'S GETTING TO BE A STAR IN THE NBA. SNYDER AND JACOBSEN HAVEN'T SHOWN THAT THEY CAN MAJOR CONTRIBUTORS AND THE OTHER GUYS ARE ALL YOUNG AND INEXPERIENCED PLAYING IN A DIFFICULT WESTERN CONFERENCE. IN ORDER TO GET TO THE FINALS, THE ROCKETS WOULD HAVE TO GET PAST TWO OF THE BEST TEAMS IN THE WEST(WHICH THEY SIMPLY WON'T DO). NOT TRYING TO BE SARCASTIC, BUT IT IS JUST UNREALISTIC THAT ANY TEAM IN THE WEST BESIDES DALLAS, SAN ANTONIO OR PHOENIX WILL BE PLAYING IN THE FINALS.

iforgot82
09-12-2006, 04:53 PM
OK, FIRST OFF -- THE HOUSTON ROCKETS WILL NOT BE CHAMPIONS IN 2006-2007. I AM A MAVS FAN, BUT I AM ALSO REALISTIC. I AGREE WITH YOU THAT THE ROCKETS ARE YOUNG AND THEY DO HAVE SOME TALENT BUT C'MON. YOU LISTED GUYS "John Lucas,Kirk Snyder,Casey J.,V. Spannoulis,S.Novak", THAT HAVEN'T PROVEN ANYTHING IN THE NBA. JUST BECAUSE A GUY PLAYS WELL IN FIBA DOESN'T MEAN HE'S GETTING TO BE A STAR IN THE NBA. SNYDER AND JACOBSEN HAVEN'T SHOWN THAT THEY CAN MAJOR CONTRIBUTORS AND THE OTHER GUYS ARE ALL YOUNG AND INEXPERIENCED PLAYING IN A DIFFICULT WESTERN CONFERENCE. IN ORDER TO GET TO THE FINALS, THE ROCKETS WOULD HAVE TO GET PAST TWO OF THE BEST TEAMS IN THE WEST(WHICH THEY SIMPLY WON'T DO). NOT TRYING TO BE SARCASTIC, BUT IT IS JUST UNREALISTIC THAT ANY TEAM IN THE WEST BESIDES DALLAS, SAN ANTONIO OR PHOENIX WILL BE PLAYING IN THE FINALS.

The guys you say haven't proven anything will be role players just like your mavs have, in Diop,and what was Daniels,, Novak will be that 3 point shooter to avoid doubles, Tmac and Yao will carry the load, Chuck hayes will be a defender and rebounder much like rodman was, you say you being realistic, look at the team that took your mavs to 7games 2 years ago... it was way worse than this new team.. so getting past mavs will be a piece of cake,plus the Rockets are actually not done shopping and a couple players will be dealt to bring in a pf

TiMavericks21
09-12-2006, 06:43 PM
I'm pretty dissappointed in your response, your obviously not educated when it comes to basketball. Why do you keep bringing up the Playoffs from 2 years ago. That was 2 years ago. It's a completely different team. And if you recall, the Mavs were in the midst of a coaching change(only 18 games under Avery before the playoffs), down 2-0 came back and won Game 7 by how many points.. oh yeah 40 --- 40 points in a decisive game 7. That's unbelievably embarassing. I don't even know why you would bring that up. Marquis Daniels was a very good player on a great team. He HAS PROVEN himself. His rookie year he averaged 20, 6 and 4 in the last 15 games of the season. He's going to be a stud on Indiana. Chuck Hayes/Rodman comparison is stupid. Rodman's one of the best rebounders in the history of the NBA. You wanna talk about Novak's 3 point game. OK, Dallas has Dirk, Terry, Howard, Stackhouse, Buckner, Croshere, George, Ager that can all shoot the 3 ball, so getting excited about Novak ain't that big a deal. Just be realistic. The Rockets core players have potential to be a good team. The Mavs are a great team. They won 60 games and went to the NBA Finals, beating 2 other great teams in San Antonio and Phoenix along the way. If you wanna talk sports, make good points and talk about current information, not Playoff series from 2 years ago.

Trade
09-12-2006, 09:24 PM
I'm pretty dissappointed in your response, your obviously not educated when it comes to basketball. Why do you keep bringing up the Playoffs from 2 years ago. That was 2 years ago. It's a completely different team. And if you recall, the Mavs were in the midst of a coaching change(only 18 games under Avery before the playoffs), down 2-0 came back and won Game 7 by how many points.. oh yeah 40 --- 40 points in a decisive game 7. That's unbelievably embarassing. I don't even know why you would bring that up. Marquis Daniels was a very good player on a great team. He HAS PROVEN himself. His rookie year he averaged 20, 6 and 4 in the last 15 games of the season. He's going to be a stud on Indiana. Chuck Hayes/Rodman comparison is stupid. Rodman's one of the best rebounders in the history of the NBA. You wanna talk about Novak's 3 point game. OK, Dallas has Dirk, Terry, Howard, Stackhouse, Buckner, Croshere, George, Ager that can all shoot the 3 ball, so getting excited about Novak ain't that big a deal. Just be realistic. The Rockets core players have potential to be a good team. The Mavs are a great team. They won 60 games and went to the NBA Finals, beating 2 other great teams in San Antonio and Phoenix along the way. If you wanna talk sports, make good points and talk about current information, not Playoff series from 2 years ago.
if TMac is healthy like he says the skys the limit for the Rockets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TMac + Yao the best duo in the league

Sunsfan77
10-05-2006, 05:58 PM
1. Miami-Got to put the champs first
2. Dallas-Dallas gots a deep squad
3. Phoenix-If amare can get healthy they could go to number one.
4. Chicago-Chicago looks really good on paper
5. San Antonio-San Antonio is always good.
6. Houston-Same as chicago
7. Nets-Nets got a really good team....in the east.
8. Cleveland-Cleveland improved last year! i expect another impovement.
9. Detroit-Lots of questions?
10. New Orleans-Its a stretch...but it would be nice to see!:rockon:

Crazy Style
10-05-2006, 07:18 PM
Everyone is saying that the Bulls are the best in defense, but people are being a little harsh on their offensive game. They are known for coming back in games late and occasionally have some blow out win games. Also they are good enough to beat almost every team at least once. You'll see that most of the Bulls players will increase their points per game this season. Once they win more games people will talk differently about their offense. Ben Gordon who is one of their leading scorers had about 17 points per game, but that will probably improve.

Hot Shot Rox
10-05-2006, 08:40 PM

we got bonzi now does this change ur opinion at all?

Crazy Style
10-05-2006, 08:58 PM
I would think that more people would believe that the Bulls have a bigger chance of being champions way before the Rockets ever do. If the Rockets win a championship it would most likely be a year or two years after the Bulls win it all. This would definately bring back memories of the 90's, Bulls three-peat from 91'-93' Rockets re-peat 94'-95' and finally Bulls 2nd three-peat 96'-98'. You never know one or two of these teams could be champions again in a few years. Honestly, I would prefer the Bulls winning it all first because I'm a Bulls fan. Bulls 2010 champs?

Trade
10-05-2006, 10:48 PM
we got bonzi now does this change ur opinion at all?
Damn our team is looking good

PG - Alston
SG - Wells
SF - T-Mac
PF - Battier
C - Yao

ALeija
10-09-2006, 04:28 PM
Well yeah i think the Houston Rockets are looking real good...w/ the addition of Bonzi Wells. Our depth is much better and i think if t-mac and Yao stay healthy we will go deep in the play offs this season. Mavs mmmmmm i think they're good and they definitaly did good last season... but you have to keep in mind. the rockets were invaded by injuries last season. without the injuries and w/ yao's improvement i think we will go deep in the season. Spurs have always kept a strong and well define basketball team. but only time will tell how the rockets will do this upcoming season...I think T-Mac is ready. and w/ a healthy T-mac i think we can take on the mavs or spurs...the pheonix w/ steve nash is good but i think we will own them this season. w/ the new additions the rockets have made...take is easy dawgs!

AKADS
11-24-2006, 07:06 AM
How quickly the heat went from #1

LakersDynasty
11-24-2006, 07:14 AM
1. Dallas
2. San Antonio
3. Miami
4. Phoenix
5. Detroit
6. Lakers
7. Clippers
8. Cavs
9. Nets
10. Bulls
This is what I had. Other than the Heat and Bulls not that far off. Phoenix is starting to win now.

Just a thought, anyone who has posted in this thread could quote their top 10 list and post it here.

AKADS
11-24-2006, 07:16 AM
My New Power Rankings.

1 - San Antonio - The edge out Jazz. Duncan is the best player in the World.
2 - Jazz - Boozer and Deron are 24 and 22. Scary thought this could become a good team for a long time.
3 - Cleveland - To dependant on LeBron but thankfully in the horrible East
4 - Orlando - Edge out other teams cause they have an easier schedule. Gotta love playing in the East
5 - Lakers - Don't Like them but do respect them.
6 - Clippers - Steady. Don't think they are a top teir team but should get 50 wins second round exit.
7 - Houston - Yoa is the best Center in the NBA.
8 - New Orleans - start the Chris Paul for MVP talk. Not goin to happen but he will get some votes.
9 - Dallas - They are goin to back near the top very soon with there play of late.
10 - Indy - Already played 11 games on the road. This team could win the Central. Who would have thought of that with Cleveland, Pistons and Bulls in the division.

DaHeezy
11-24-2006, 07:36 AM
Top 10 ISH Power Ranking:

1- GOBB- The most dominant poster on this board. Try to knock him off and you'll be dismissed
2- KBlaze- Vast knowledge about basketball. Will hold it down in any topic ever known
3-Geewiz- Works hard on every post on this board. Guys try to break him but always comes back
4- Wignosy- The smartest guy on here, bar none.
5- hotsizzle- Got the highest post count for a reason
6- ced- Gets involved with every post. Gets the ball rolling on every topic
7- insidehoops- he owns the board. What else can be said?
8- kwajo - the resident clown. Brings a sense of humor
9- hateraid brigns a sense of realism. The most honest guy here
10- applenader- stays true to his beliefs. we all love this country down deep.

1 to 30 is a pretty close call., if you want more shouts get back.

AKADS
11-24-2006, 07:44 AM
Top 10 ISH Power Ranking:

1- GOBB- The most dominant poster on this board. Try to knock him off and you'll be dismissed
2- KBlaze- Vast knowledge about basketball. Will hold it down in any topic ever known
3-Geewiz- Works hard on every post on this board. Guys try to break him but always comes back
4- Wignosy- The smartest guy on here, bar none.
5- hotsizzle- Got the highest post count for a reason
6- ced- Gets involved with every post. Gets the ball rolling on every topic
7- insidehoops- he owns the board. What else can be said?
8- kwajo - the resident clown. Brings a sense of humor
9- hateraid brigns a sense of realism. The most honest guy here
10- applenader- stays true to his beliefs. we all love this country down deep.

1 to 30 is a pretty close call., if you want more shouts get back.
i want a 1 - 30 list come one and do a bottom 10 posters

DaHeezy
11-24-2006, 07:47 AM
11- akads- comes with a silent aggresion, but always backs it with a sense of truth

DaHeezy
11-24-2006, 07:50 AM
12- fatboy- long time rox fanatic. but will bring knowledge to the board when called upon

LakersDynasty
11-24-2006, 08:06 AM
Do one on Glove_20 please, you analyze that prick perfectly. :bowdown:

DaHeezy
11-24-2006, 08:12 AM
Do one on Glove_20 please, you analyze that prick perfectly. :bowdown:

:roll: don't make me a bad guy

dynasty works hard to fight for the Lake show, works hard on every post

kureyşi-gospurs
06-10-2014, 12:39 PM
I'll have to go for Spurs. (They actually win the 07 chip)

ArbitraryWater
06-10-2014, 12:53 PM

nope :lol