PDA

View Full Version : "If I can go out and lead Kobe Bryant..." - Lebron James

Younggrease
09-30-2008, 01:45 PM
this guy says the dumbest stuff. I really just dont understand what goes he is thinking when he says stuff like that.

statman32
09-30-2008, 01:47 PM
this guy says the dumbest stuff. I really just dont understand what goes he is thinking when he says stuff like that.
Vocally he was the leader. Even Kobe admitted that :confusedshrug:

DuMa
09-30-2008, 01:48 PM
he was the undisputed leader...

Indian guy
09-30-2008, 01:50 PM
What's there to understand? LeBron led that entire team. Your hero himself admitted that.

Mikaiel
09-30-2008, 01:57 PM
What's the problem ? Pretty much everyone recognized he was the leader of that team.

And leader does not mean best player btw.

iamgine
09-30-2008, 01:58 PM
[I]"James spent part of his summer helping the U.S. basketball team redeem its global superiority by winning it all at the Beijing Games. At just 23, he was the undisputed leader of that 12-player squad comprised of superstar talents and supersized egos.

Heilige
09-30-2008, 01:59 PM
What's there to understand? LeBron led that entire team. Your hero himself admitted that.

Where did Kobe say that? He said LeBron was the vocal leader, but that he had a different leadership style than LeBron.

Heilige
09-30-2008, 02:01 PM
[QUOTE=iamgine][I]"James spent part of his summer helping the U.S. basketball team redeem its global superiority by winning it all at the Beijing Games. At just 23, he was the undisputed leader of that 12-player squad comprised of superstar talents and supersized egos.

statman32
09-30-2008, 02:03 PM
Where did Kobe say that? He said LeBron was the vocal leader, but that he had a different leadership style than LeBron.
You are right. But his comment is still true, right?

iamgine
09-30-2008, 02:03 PM
He was not the undisputed leader. LeBron, Kobe and Kidd were all leaders on that team.
of course they are :oldlol:

WhySoInsecure?
09-30-2008, 02:05 PM
His leadership style is going crawford on them and jacking up contested 3s.

emsteez forreal
09-30-2008, 02:15 PM
i remember them saying that bron was the vocal leader because of his loud voice, but i would say if anything the 2 prime leaders were kidd and kobe .

picc84
09-30-2008, 02:17 PM
Something out of nothing, imo.

BankShot
09-30-2008, 02:19 PM

Says the guy with Kobe Bryant in his avatar.... haha

Knoe Itawl
09-30-2008, 02:19 PM

Now you know how I feel about the average Bryant fanatic.

Your sentence doesn't make sense, by the way. I'm going to assume you meant "I really just don't understand what he is thinking......."

statman32
09-30-2008, 02:21 PM
Something out of nothing, imo.
Exactly

Showtime
09-30-2008, 02:23 PM
Exactly
Typical defensive insecurity by Kobe fans.

Younggrease
09-30-2008, 02:38 PM
Now you know how I feel about the average Bryant fanatic.

Your sentence doesn't make sense, by the way. I'm going to assume you meant "I really just don't understand what he is thinking......."

I was in the middle of typing and had to switch back and take notes. I just didnt read it over and was typing rather quickly.

Sorry I find it weird how he calls him self #1 leader, and says he leads guys with "championships and an MVP"? Never heard other elite players say stuff like that, as a player that would piss me off

Knoe Itawl
09-30-2008, 02:43 PM
Sorry I find it weird how he calls him self #1 leader, and says he leads guys with "championships and an MVP"? Never heard other elite players say stuff like that, as an overly defensive Bryant fan that must come to his aid even over insignificant nonsense such as this that would piss me off

Fixed.

KINGK
09-30-2008, 02:44 PM
Typical LBJ arrogance. What a douche but since it's LeBron -who cares? The hypocrisy here is stunning. Imagine if Kobe consistently said the supremely arrogant stuff LBJ gets away with.:lol

72-10
09-30-2008, 03:10 PM
:rolleyes:

EricForman
09-30-2008, 03:19 PM
Lebron has got to break the record for most times referring to himself as the leader.

The man brings it up every other interview out of the blue.

Just randomly, he'll be like "with me being the leader of this team"

I mean he's no doubt the leader of the Cavs and probably on Team USA as well, but just the way he brings it up randomly outta the blue has me rolling my eyes all the time.

Resurrection
09-30-2008, 04:06 PM
Typical LBJ arrogance. What a douche but since it's LeBron -who cares? The hypocrisy here is stunning. Imagine if Kobe consistently said the supremely arrogant stuff LBJ gets away with.:lol

LeBrick is very INSECURE and IMMATURE. Just look at how many times he hypes himself up and talks about his great qualities. This coming from someone who shot an all-time record low 25% through 5 games of the conference finals this past season. Also when it mattered in the Gold medal game, he disappeared in the 4th quarter and ran away from the ball whenever it came to him as Kobe bailed his ass out and secured the gold medal for Team USA.

LeBron reminds me of those hood rats who play street-ball...where all they do is talk trash and talk loud and they are under the impression that they're being "leaders."

Personally I'd prefer someone who leads by EXAMPLE than some idiot yelling and thumping his chest all day long proclaiming his leader status.

I can't wait until LeBron gores 'Grant Hill' this season (as I have already predicted). The less I see and hear about this guy while getting my daily NBA fix....the BETTER. The same with Greg Odone as well.

dazed27
09-30-2008, 04:10 PM
LeBrick is very INSECURE and IMMATURE. Just look at how many times he hypes himself up and talks about his great qualities. This coming from someone who shot an all-time record low 25% through 5 games of the conference finals this past season. Also when it mattered in the Gold medal game, he disappeared in the 4th quarter and ran away from the ball whenever it came to him as Kobe bailed his ass out and secured the gold medal for Team USA.

LeBron reminds me of those hood rats who play street-ball...where all they do is talk trash and talk loud and they are under the impression that they're being "leaders."

Personally I'd prefer someone who leads by EXAMPLE than some idiot yelling and thumping his chest all day long proclaiming his leader status.

I can't wait until LeBron gores 'Grant Hill' this season (as I have already predicted). The less I see and hear about this guy while getting my daily NBA fix....the BETTER. The same with Greg Odone as well.

wow took the words right out of my mind.....

I bet the whole time kobe and kidd where laughing in their head when lebron was trying to "lead" the team

Kblaze8855
09-30-2008, 04:22 PM
Kobe said he was the leader. Most everyone who commented on the team in public said either he or Kidd(and a few Kobes I think) lead them. He played better than anyone with the possible exception of Wade. If its true...whats the problem in saying it? I cant see Deron Williams giving a damn that Lebron assumed he was the leader. Or Wade. Or Melo. Or Paul. think they are sitting around thinking "I cant believe he said that...." and discussing how it makes them feel inside?

I cant see anyone really giving a damn about this....other than Kobe of course. He seems the type to take just about everything as motivation. But if he works as hard as is often said its not like he has much room to increase it.

Just an all around non issue.

EricForman
09-30-2008, 04:38 PM

Lebron does lead by example. He was Team USA's best player.

All he does is talk trash and loud? He more than backs it up.

But with that said... he still does randomly, outta the blue, brings up that he's a leader.

This should be a recurring SNL skit. Where someoe as Lebron answers every question by talking about how he's a leader.

And Blaze, Bron was probably the leader. But I don't agree with you that no one else on the team cares about that comment. I mean I'm sure they're not like deeply affected, but when Wade or Kobe heard that they probably rolled their eyes a little. Or at least they thought what I thought,

"That Lebron is randomly out of the referring to himself as the leader again."

Nothign wrong with that he did, but he does bring that sh*t up without provoked.

Imagine if everyone was like him, it'd get quite annoying.

ESPN: So KG, how does it feel to be on the cover of NBA 2k9?

KG: Well it was a great honor, and with me being the leader of the champion Celtics and all, I wanted to make sure I bring that leadership abilities to NBA 2k9

And you guys know I'm no fan of Kobe. I'm just saying, it's not just Kobe fans who notices Lebron's a bit into padding his own back. But Kobe's a arrogant guy himself. Just that he's a different kind of arrogant. His kind is he'll be shooting 1 for 11 but if he hits the next one he gives that whole "don't you dare leave me open" look and then brushes dirt off his shoulders.

They both annoying if you ask me.

WhySoInsecure?
09-30-2008, 04:47 PM

All he does is talk trash and loud? He more than backs it up.

But with that said... he still does randomly, outta the blue, brings up that he's a leader.

This should be a recurring SNL skit. Where someoe as Lebron answers every question by talking about how he's a leader.

And Blaze, Bron was probably the leader. But I don't agree with you that no one else on the team cares about that comment. I mean I'm sure they're not like deeply affected, but when Wade or Kobe heard that they probably rolled their eyes a little. Or at least they thought what I thought,

"That Lebron is randomly out of the referring to himself as the leader again."

Nothign wrong with that he did, but he does bring that sh*t up without provoked.

Imagine if everyone was like him, it'd get quite annoying.

ESPN: So KG, how does it feel to be on the cover of NBA 2k9?

KG: Well it was a great honor, and with me being the leader of the champion Celtics and all, I wanted to make sure I bring that leadership abilities to NBA 2k9
Great but his responses have more to do with the questions being asked than with what he wants to say.
More likely than not he was asked if he was able to lead the cavs team the way he did with team USA this summer, and that's where you got that answer.

Resurrection
09-30-2008, 04:47 PM

Where was Team USA's "best player" vs Spain when the lead was trimmed to 2 points with 8 minutes left and the outcome was still up in the air?

I saw the "leader" and "best player" standing out in the perimeter playing HOT POTATO with the ball whenever it was passed to him. He clearly did not want the pressure of stepping up and taking over the close ball game (as TRUE "leaders" tend to do). Instead I saw LeBron defer to Kobe Bryant, who secured the Gold medal for Team USA.

I guess when it mattered....LeBron and everyone else on that team knew who the REAL leader was on that squad. Luckily for Team USA, it was not the loud-mouth insecure clown but the player who actually leads with his play and by EXAMPLE.

In LeBron's case, it's easy to be the team's best player (aka stat padder) when USA is up by 30-40 points in games. However a true measure of greatness is how you perforrm when the game is close and when all the marbles are on the line. LeBron miserably FAILED (as expected) during this outcome.

WhySoInsecure?
09-30-2008, 04:53 PM
Where was Team USA's "best player" vs Spain when the lead was trimmed to 2 points with 8 minutes left and the outcome was still up in the air?

I saw the "leader" and "best player" standing out in the perimeter playing HOT POTATO with the ball whenever it was passed to him. He clearly did not want the pressure of stepping up and taking over the close ball game (as TRUE "leaders" tend to do). Instead I saw LeBron defer to Kobe Bryant, who secured the Gold medal for Team USA.

I guess when it mattered....LeBron and everyone else on that team knew who the REAL leader was on that squad. Luckily for Team USA, it was not the loud-mouth insecure clown but the player who actually leads with his play and by EXAMPLE.
By chucking up 8 contested 3s and making 3 from the euro line? He got outplayed by fernandez and hit one big 3 the whole game.
If it wasn't for his constant chucking spain wouldn't even have been in that game.

YAWN
09-30-2008, 05:02 PM
havent stepped into the nba forum for a while... Nice to see nothing has changed.

bdreason
09-30-2008, 05:16 PM
He is a good floor commander / leader.

If Kobe said shyt like this all the time he would get a lot of slack for it though.

bleedinpurpleTwo
09-30-2008, 05:26 PM
As I recall, Kobe was asked, "who are the leaders of this team?"
to which he responded,
"Kidd and Lebron are the most vocal, they are always talking".

all I know is, when the gold was on the line, one player was the leader...and it sure as hell wasnt Lebron.

Rockets(T-mac)
09-30-2008, 05:26 PM
Kobe said he was the leader. Most everyone who commented on the team in public said either he or Kidd(and a few Kobes I think) lead them. He played better than anyone with the possible exception of Wade. If its true...whats the problem in saying it? I cant see Deron Williams giving a damn that Lebron assumed he was the leader. Or Wade. Or Melo. Or Paul. think they are sitting around thinking "I cant believe he said that...." and discussing how it makes them feel inside?

I cant see anyone really giving a damn about this....other than Kobe of course. He seems the type to take just about everything as motivation. But if he works as hard as is often said its not like he has much room to increase it.

Just an all around non issue.
Yeah it really isn't an issue.

I agree that Lebron talks about himself a bit too much for my liking, but that's just me. I think he is a bit arrogant and cocky, but hey he was the main leader on that team, not saying he was the only one, but he was the main leader.

MaxFly
09-30-2008, 05:31 PM
"James spent part of his summer helping the U.S. basketball team redeem its global superiority by winning it all at the Beijing Games. At just 23, he was the undisputed leader of that 12-player squad comprised of superstar talents and supersized egos.

“If you can lead 11 of the best guys in the world, you can lead anybody,” James said Monday. “If I can lead Kobe Bryant and MVPs, I should be able to lead Daniel Gibson.”"

Do you understand better now or still need a little help?

It's a non issue, but I would hope Lebron recognizes that there is a difference in leading someone like Kobe Bryant and leading someone like Daniel Gibson.

1~Gibson~1
09-30-2008, 05:32 PM
Why is this even an argument. LBJ may not have been the leader on the court but vocally he was so therefore he lead the team to a gold.

LBJ led the team vocally

Kobe led the team on the court

/THREAD

Showtime
09-30-2008, 05:33 PM
As I recall, Kobe was asked, "who are the leaders of this team?"
to which he responded,
"Kidd and Lebron are the most vocal, they are always talking".

all I know is, when the gold was on the line, one player was the leader...and it sure as hell wasnt Lebron.
lol he had a great stint in crunch time, but by no means was Kobe the only reason why they won. Remember, Lebron, Wade, and Bosh were big before that, and after Kobe's late spurt, they hit a 3 to cut the lead close, and Wade's answer 3 point shot was the biggest nail. It was a team effort in that single game, and Kobe wasn't that great throughout the rest of the games like Lebron, so don't get all but hurt about it.

Scott Pippen
09-30-2008, 05:40 PM

I pray for you to be blessed with a solid and secure conscious in the future:applause: This is embarassing thread:violin:

quasimoto
09-30-2008, 05:42 PM
Why is this even an argument. LBJ may not have been the leader on the court but vocally he was so therefore he lead the team to a gold.

LBJ led the team vocally

Kobe led the team on the court

/THREAD
Uh, no offense...but Kobe didn't lead the team on the court either.

I can't understand why there's so much upset about a stupid sentence that's ripped from its context.

glidedrxlr22
09-30-2008, 05:43 PM

Are you serious?! That's all it takes to be a leader?! bp2, I didn't think you would join in with the rest of the groupie clowns that get offended over who's the leader and who's not. If it was Lebron, then so be it. Geeesh!

bleedinpurpleTwo
09-30-2008, 05:53 PM
lol he had a great stint in crunch time, but by no means was Kobe the only reason why they won. Remember, Lebron, Wade, and Bosh were big before that, and after Kobe's late spurt, they hit a 3 to cut the lead close, and Wade's answer 3 point shot was the biggest nail. It was a team effort in that single game, and Kobe wasn't that great throughout the rest of the games like Lebron, so don't get all but hurt about it.

true, Wade was probably the most consistently outstanding player thruout the Olympics. and Wade was there, in the clutch, for the gold...alongside Kobe. Lebron was solid thruout the Olympics, but disappeared at clutchtime for the gold.

DuMa
09-30-2008, 05:56 PM
true, Wade was probably the most consistently outstanding player thruout the Olympics. and Wade was there, in the clutch, for the gold...alongside Kobe. Lebron was solid thruout the Olympics, but disappeared at clutchtime for the gold.

Lebron didnt disappear. without his defense, Kobe wouldnt even had the opportunity to make the shots.

Lebron23
09-30-2008, 06:02 PM
There is an article yesterday saying that LeBron James loves Cleveland. You should posts it instead of starting another Kobe vs. LeBron Thread.

He's just motivating his teammates by saying that he can lead Z, Mo Williams, Anderson Varejao, Daniel Gibson, and Delonte West back in the Eastern Conference Finals.

LeBron probably was probably not prepared when the media interview him, and the first thing that came out to his mouth is being confident that he can lead the City of Cleveland back in the Promise Land.

When your leader and best player of the team is very optimistic that they will have a great season next year. It means that he will always play harder, and dedicated in improving the winning record of his team.

LeBron will always be the best player that ever played for the Cleveland Cavaliers, and he's just giving his honest opinion instead of acting like the puppet of David Stern.

EricForman
09-30-2008, 06:38 PM

Yeah, it sure as hell wasn't Kobe either.

Wade played the best in the gold medal game, Lebron played the best throughout the whole tourney.

I dont see how Kobe hitting one four point play changes any of the above. Please don't try to spin this into "if it wasn't for Kobe USA wouldn't have won" thing.

If not for Wade and Lebron Team USA woulda been down 10 in the 4th to spain and Kobe's 4 point play wouldn't have mattered.

EricForman
09-30-2008, 06:41 PM

It's laughable how bad you downplaying everyone else.

Wade was there "ALONGSIDE" Kobe in the clutch? More like heads and shoulders above ANYONE in the clutch. Clutch isn't just a 90 second stretch with 2 minutes to go in the game. Clutch is the entire freaking gold medal game.

And Lebron was "solid" throughout the Olympics?

Try "the best player on both ends of the floor for 85% of the tournament".

Solid? :oldlol: You gotta be sh*tting me.

Luigi
09-30-2008, 06:53 PM
I looked at Lebron's leadership as a bad trait.

Consider this possible scenario (just possible, mostly speculation):
Everyone knew that too many leaders were already on the team.
Everyone knew that if they didn't self-sacrifice, too many cooks would spoil to soup.
Lebron seemed to insist on being the "vocal leader" more than anyone else.
It seemed Lebron would hold onto that even at the expense of the team in order to "lead the greatest" (either knowing others weren't willing to call his bluff, or just being ingnorant to the fact that it could explode if he didn't back down).
Other great leaders (who would have done well in that position also) saw that Lebron was nearly willing to run the team off the track for his own leadership position, and they sacrificed their own shot at vocal leader in order to save the team from having a leadership dispute.
Thus, Lebron was the least sacrificing player among the greatest leaders in the American Basketball, and anyone who let Lebron lead them deserves our respect. I credit the leaders who let Lebron lead them most for bring home the gold, and blame Lebron's insistance on leading for any near failures.

Now, before you flame me like I insulted your family honor, let me say I follow the Cavs, like Lebron, and think he is an all around good guy. He probably just didn't realize the danger he was putting the team in.

inclinerator
09-30-2008, 06:57 PM
posideon please take the kobe peni s doll out from ur ass and stop sucking on kobe peni s straws

stephanieg
09-30-2008, 07:05 PM
Should be easier to lead Kobe and Wade since they're, you know, good players, as opposed to say Wally.

Diesel J
09-30-2008, 07:07 PM

Wade was there "ALONGSIDE" Kobe in the clutch? More like heads and shoulders above ANYONE in the clutch. Clutch isn't just a 90 second stretch with 2 minutes to go in the game. Clutch is the entire freaking gold medal game.

:oldlol: :applause:

EricForman
09-30-2008, 07:08 PM
He's just motivating his teammates by saying that he can lead Z, Mo Williams, Anderson Varejao, Daniel Gibson, and Delonte West back in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Actually, to say "If I can go out and lead Kobe, I can lead Daniel Gibson" is more talking down to Gibson than motivating.

Luigi
09-30-2008, 07:09 PM
Should be easier to lead Kobe and Wade since they're, you know, good players, as opposed to say Wally.

I don't think so. Kobe and Wade are used to leading a team. Wally and Ilgauskas are roleplayers, accustomed to being led by a great player.

If you had Lebron, Kobe and Wade on your NBA franchise, would you ever be afraid of a team because they have Manu Ginobili and scrubs?
The way to beat team USA is to force them into decisive moments, where the instinct that every single one of them has to "take over a game"...takes over. They squable and don't move the ball as each tries to save the day single handedly (but it doesn't work without roleplayers running the offense to you and playing defense) and the best players in the world become beatable by international scrubs.

Luigi
09-30-2008, 07:10 PM
posideon please take the kobe peni s doll out from ur ass and stop sucking on kobe peni s straws

Was this directed at me?:ohwell:

inclinerator
09-30-2008, 07:12 PM
Was this directed at me?:ohwell:
i said posideon

Luigi
09-30-2008, 07:14 PM
i said posideon

Oh, I didn't see any posiedon posts in the thread..and since it followed my post I thought it might be. never mind then.

Lebron23
09-30-2008, 07:17 PM
Oh, I didn't see any posiedon posts in the thread..and since it followed my post I thought it might be. never mind then.

Resurrection is Poseidon. Jeff banned his primary account after the Celtics beat the Lakers in the NBA Finals.

Luigi
09-30-2008, 07:21 PM
Resurrection is Poseidon. Jeff banned his primary account after the Celtics beat the Lakers in the NBA Finals.

Ah. Thanks for the update. I never seem to know what goes on with that kind of stuff.

Maniak
09-30-2008, 07:27 PM
posideon, you are really an excuse for life.

you hop from cheering for country to country, from player to player. get an opinion dude.

please take the canadian flag out of your avatar, jackasses like you make canada look bad.

picc84
09-30-2008, 07:42 PM

Wtf? After Spain cut the lead to 2 with 8 mins left, Kobe came out of the timeout and scored or assisted on 10 straight USA points to build the lead back up, 5 minutes before the 4 point play. I know you're trying to make a point that other players were clutch, and they were, but it was clearly Kobe who took the reigns over in the clutch that game.

Laker4Lyfe
09-30-2008, 07:45 PM

With that McCalin/Palin avatar I KNOW that you don't have good judgment. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with what LeBron said. Everyone INCLUDING KOBE said he was the leader, get over yourself. :banghead:

BankShot
09-30-2008, 07:46 PM
Actually, to say "If I can go out and lead Kobe, I can lead Daniel Gibson" is more talking down to Gibson than motivating.

Gibson's got some serious issues if he actually thinks he's at Kidd's level. Are you saying that Gibson and Kidd are comparable?

aznboy2k2
09-30-2008, 08:12 PM
LOL.

How many videos of the USA basketball team do we need to see where Lebron James is interacting and joking around and looks like he has the respect of the other players?

How many videos of the USA basketball team do we need to see where Kobe Bryant is isolated in his little corner or acting awkward? Do we really need to find that picture where Kobe is jumping in air celebrating by himself, while the other players are all in a circle?

If being a leader means youre the best player. Then Dwyane Wade is the leader.

But, vocally, I'm willing to bet it was Lebron James that was the leader.
Probably Jason Kidd as well.

But definitely not the awkward turtle, Kobe Bryant.

1~Gibson~1
09-30-2008, 09:02 PM
Uh, no offense...but Kobe didn't lead the team on the court either.

I can't understand why there's so much upset about a stupid sentence that's ripped from its context.well in that case LBJ did lead the team

bleedinpurpleTwo
09-30-2008, 09:47 PM
Yeah, it sure as hell wasn't Kobe either.

Wade played the best in the gold medal game, Lebron played the best throughout the whole tourney.

I dont see how Kobe hitting one four point play changes any of the above. Please don't try to spin this into "if it wasn't for Kobe USA wouldn't have won" thing.

If not for Wade and Lebron Team USA woulda been down 10 in the 4th to spain and Kobe's 4 point play wouldn't have mattered.

did you even watch the 4th quarter? c'mon

bleedinpurpleTwo
09-30-2008, 09:51 PM

Kobe got the job done in the 4th quarter for the gold. everyone knows this.
Wade played huge too. Wade was clearly, imo, the team MVP throughout the entirety of the Olympics. As I said, he was the most consistently outstanding player. Not Lebron. Not Kobe. It was Wade.
Obviously, Lebron was very good too. Yes, he was solid (that's a good thing!).

Mr. Bryant
09-30-2008, 10:08 PM
Where was this "leader" when the gold medal was on the line in the fourth quarter. :oldlol:

What a joke.

Indian guy
09-30-2008, 10:23 PM
LeBron was easily the best 2-way player on the team, and the most consistent player too. Wade had more off games than LeBron, and put up vastly inferior numbers across the board. But he did lead the team in scoring outburts, and his energy off the bench was invaluable. Kobe, by his standards, had a mediocre tournament. I can see why his fans have latched on to his late-game heroics so bad. Rather stick to those 5 minutes of fame then admit LeBron and Wade were far and away the best players on the team. Also, the myth that Kobe saved team USA's butts or that everybody looked towards him down the stretch needs to end. Watch the game AGAIN. When the game got close, Kobe simply took it upon himself to make plays. As soon as the ball touched his hands, he went to work. And all credit to him for that. What DID NOT happen though is the rest of the team being scared to make a play or looking to Kobe on every possession. This is wishful thinking on the part of Kobe groupies. Watch the game because when it got close, Kobe simply did not let others make a play. He took it upon himself.

As far as LeBron being the leader goes, why is it that Kobe fans are the only ones who have a problem with this fact? I mean, I could understand the insecurity/anger if Kobe had a repuation of being a great leader and LeBron was stealing his thunder. But Kobe's always been the quiet loner who went about his own business. Why does LeBron being the undisputed leader both Kobe fans so much??

picc84
09-30-2008, 10:34 PM
Who's latching onto anything? I as well as many are well aware Wade and Bron played the best throughout the tournament, we're just proud of the way Kobe performed in the most important stretch. He did awesome in the biggest game and i'm proud. Whats the big deal?

mlh1981
09-30-2008, 10:42 PM
new season, same BS :banghead:

Just enjoy the game, people. Team USA won the gold. It doesn't matter "who did this", or "who did that." We had an awesome collection of the best talent in the NBA come together for the purpose of winning gold, and instead of enjoying the results, all some of you guys want to do is push your agendas. Your really grasping for straws at trying to pick up some minor flaw of your most hated player--someone who you would kiss their feet if you ever met them face-to-face and buy a ticket if they came to your city.

KINGK
09-30-2008, 10:42 PM
The real leader was Kobe. That's why with 8 min left in the Gold metal game everybody was trying to get the ball to Kobe and he delivered. When a bunch of All-Stars are defeiring to you then you are the true leader NOT the guy who disapered( lebron).:pimp:

Younggrease
09-30-2008, 11:23 PM
I dont get how people wouldnt think that saying stuff like is immature. Its not about Kobe or any1, its an immature statement in its own right. And the full statement did really make sense either. In my line of work, if you already got it then you dont have to tell anyone....thats just how I do it. Never seen someone talk so much about their leadership qualites in any sport....

Come one tell me one truly elite superstar in any sport that taked about their own leadership ability and style as much as Lebron has before the age of 25...Just one player?

Who cares who the leader was(there was only one team that could stay in the game with team USA), it just doesnt need to be said. And it often sounds like especially with Lebron that he is trying to write and shape his legacy in interview and it makes me not like him as a player. Sometimes I really like watching him play then after a game he just says something stupid and reminds me of how dumb he is or how dumb he thinks the public is.

Showtime
10-01-2008, 12:07 AM
My lord people are idiots claiming that Kobe's spurt late in the gold medal game invalidates anything Lebron did, not only in all the other games, but the previous quarters in that gold medal game. Guess what: a late spurt doesn't equate to superior leadership. Kobe didn't win that game by himself. The lead was cut down after Kobe's spurt, and Wade had to respond with a huge 3 to seal the deal. By no means was Kobe the only reason why that game was won, and you morons need to understand that.

Diesel J
10-01-2008, 12:24 AM
did you even watch the 4th quarter? c'mon

Did you watch the game? I remember that game clear as day. Infact, Kobe was have a typical Kobe olympic game that day until he got that 4 pt play. He was taking "bad" shots and missing. Wade was the player of the game that day and he was the one who hit the biggest shot (3 ptr ). Lebron was having a typical great all around game but was in foul trouble late so he was easing up on his agressiveness. After Kobe got that 4pt play in the 4th, he pretty much starting going 1 on1 for himself ( this didn't cost them game though) so he didn't give anyone else on the team a chance to do anything with the ball. It's not like the other players on the team (wade,cp3, Lebron etc..) were playing hot potatoe with the ball and looking for Kobe everytime down because they were scared or something:oldlol:

awsmori
10-01-2008, 12:24 AM
yup lebron was the vocal leader, but everyone knows they brought in jkidd and kobe the be the REAL leaders of the team! and that brought the gold medal w/ch is more important.

...well we all saw what kobe did in the 4th qrtr of the gold medal game

Diesel J
10-01-2008, 12:27 AM
LeBron was easily the best 2-way player on the team, and the most consistent player too. Wade had more off games than LeBron, and put up vastly inferior numbers across the board. But he did lead the team in scoring outburts, and his energy off the bench was invaluable. Kobe, by his standards, had a mediocre tournament. I can see why his fans have latched on to his late-game heroics so bad. Rather stick to those 5 minutes of fame then admit LeBron and Wade were far and away the best players on the team. Also, the myth that Kobe saved team USA's butts or that everybody looked towards him down the stretch needs to end.

:oldlol:

Watch the game AGAIN. When the game got close, Kobe simply took it upon himself to make plays. As soon as the ball touched his hands, he went to work. And all credit to him for that. What DID NOT happen though is the rest of the team being scared to make a play or looking to Kobe on every possession. This is wishful thinking on the part of Kobe groupies. Watch the game because when it got close, Kobe simply did not let others make a play. He took it upon himself.

Yep, that's exactly what happened

awsmori
10-01-2008, 12:28 AM
Did you watch the game? I remember that game clear as day. Infact, Kobe was have a typical Kobe olympic game that day until he got that 4 pt play. He was taking "bad" shots and missing. Wade was the player of the game that day and he was the one who hit the biggest shot (3 ptr ). Lebron was having a typical great all around game but was in foul trouble late so he was easing up on his agressiveness. After Kobe got that 4pt play in the 4th, he pretty much starting going 1 on1 for himself ( this didn't cost them game though) so he didn't give anyone else on the team a chance to do anything with the ball. It's not like the other players on the team (wade,cp3, Lebron etc..) were playing hot potatoe with the ball and looking for Kobe everytime down because they were scared or something:oldlol:

are you kidding me! this has kobe hate written all over it!

first kobe hit that straffing jump shot in the middle, then hit dwight with an assist, then hit lebron for an assist, then hit a three, then scored again, then hit a 4 point play!

kobe started doing this when the game went close!!

cmon bro, stop the hate and give credit where credit is due

EricForman
10-01-2008, 12:45 AM
Lebron and Wade played better than Kobe for the entire tournament, THAT'S FACT.

Spin this however you want it Kobe fans. But two shots and a pass in the final 3 minutes doesn't suddenly make him more clutch. Or more of a leader. You act like Spain finaly made a run in the final 3 minutes and kobe stopped it. Spain made probably 18 runs that entire game. Everytime USA would look to pull away, Spain would cut it down to 3 or 4. So Kobe stopped 1 run out of 18, but because that run was at the end, he's the real leader?

And he was getting beat badly by Rudy Fernandez all game, so what about that?

KINGK
10-01-2008, 01:05 AM
Typical Jordan groupies downplaying Kobe's play in the Gold Medal Game. Dude had 13 points and 4 assists in a 8 minute span. Bunch of morons.:rolleyes:

Kblaze8855
10-01-2008, 01:37 AM
I dont get how people wouldnt think that saying stuff like is immature. Its not about Kobe or any1, its an immature statement in its own right.

I think its more than few people give a damn if a 23 yearold millionaire makes an immature statement now and then. How is it news worthy? Worth discussion? Im not saying nobody should be allowed to bring up stuff that doesnt matter(ive done a lot of it) but to then be annoyed when people dont seem to think it matters?

People should really be upset or annoyed by a guy saying who he led...when many people(including other players) say the same thing? Its like people get online and forget how people talk and behave. You think there is a single person here or anywhere who never made a somewhat arrogant comment in their early 20s? This **** wouldnt rank in my top 200 at that age or right now.

People online have a great ability to act offended about **** nobody offline cares the least bit about.

Showtime
10-01-2008, 01:55 AM
Typical Jordan groupies downplaying Kobe's play in the Gold Medal Game. Dude had 13 points and 4 assists in a 8 minute span. Bunch of morons.:rolleyes:
NOBODY IS DOWNPLAYING HIS CONTRIBUTION IN THAT GAME. What we are saying is that said contribution in that short amount of time doesn't make Kobe the "real" leader, and then negate Lebron's leadership up to that point. Take your head out of your ass.

aznboy2k2
10-01-2008, 02:04 AM

I bet if fcuking Tashaun ****ing Prince went out there a ****ing did that. You wouldn't be praising him as a ****ing LEADER would you?

IT WAS EIGHT MINUTES. OUT OF THE ENTIRE TOURNEY.

Good GRIEF. Kobe doesn't want ANYTHING for Valentines Day. Stop shopping for him.

Showtime
10-01-2008, 02:18 AM
I bet if fcuking Tashaun ****ing Prince went out there a ****ing did that. You wouldn't be praising him as a ****ing LEADER would you?

Good GRIEF. Kobe doesn't want ANYTHING for Valentines Day. Stop shopping for him.
Meh, don't get worked up. These guys have to find something, anything, to be happy about after the latest horrible finals performance.

Mamba
10-01-2008, 02:32 AM

QFT!!

Showtime
10-01-2008, 02:54 AM
WRONG MORON! IT WAS THE MOST IMPORTANT EIGHT MINUTES OF THE ENTIRE TOURNEY. IT WAS THE EIGHT MINUTES THAT MEANT EITHER GETTING THE GOLD OR THE SILVER MEDAL.

WITHOUT KOBE BRYANT AND HIS 13 POINT PERFORMANCE DURING THAT SPAN.....THE USA (MOST LIKELY) WOULD HAVE COME IN 2ND PLACE AND THAT IDIOT, LEBRON JAMES, WOULD HAVE COME HOME YET AGAIN WITH A NON-GOLD MEDAL.

KOBE SAVED LEBRICK'S ASS....AND HE SAVED THE USA FROM ANOTHER EMBARRASSING FIBA CHOKE JOB!

ACCEPT THIS AND MOVE ON!
Reality check:

Without Bosh filling in for Dwight when he was horrible, without Lebron's great play in the first half, and without Wade's great play on both ends, Kobe's spurt wouldn't have made a difference. This was a team effort, and a team win. One player was not responsible for the win.

And one more FACT in regards to Kobe winning the game single handed: after his late offensive flurry, THE LEAD WAS ACTUALLY REDUCED. Spain hit a three pointer to CUT THE LEAD to just 4 points late in the 4th. Wade answered with a clutch 3 in response, bringing the lead back up to 7. If Wade didn't hit that shot, Spain could have won. There was enough time left for them to make something happen.

All those that think Kobe was responsible for gold either didn't watch the game, or are plain homers. It was a team effort, and a team win, and a few minutes of good contributions by one player doesn't overshadow all.

Mamba
10-01-2008, 03:09 AM
i love it how there counting his assists as something remarkable. they were regular passes and the shots wade and dwight took when they recieved them were contested players, that made something out of the situation they were in.

kobe homers are the worst type of homers.

sure lebron got swept but he never lossed by 40+

ronnymac
10-01-2008, 05:47 AM
i love it how there counting his assists as something remarkable. they were regular passes and the shots wade and dwight took when they recieved them were contested players, that made something out of the situation they were in.

kobe homers are the worst type of homers.

sure lebron got swept but he never lossed by 40+
And LBJ's team was far inferior to kobe's.

Younggrease
10-01-2008, 08:48 AM
I think its more than few people give a damn if a 23 yearold millionaire makes an immature statement now and then. How is it news worthy? Worth discussion? Im not saying nobody should be allowed to bring up stuff that doesnt matter(ive done a lot of it) but to then be annoyed when people dont seem to think it matters?

People should really be upset or annoyed by a guy saying who he led...when many people(including other players) say the same thing? Its like people get online and forget how people talk and behave. You think there is a single person here or anywhere who never made a somewhat arrogant comment in their early 20s? This **** wouldnt rank in my top 200 at that age or right now.
People online have a great ability to act offended about **** nobody offline cares the least bit about.

Im 23 years old too...Sorry I judge 23 olds as adults.

(Gorilla logic part 1)again equating two unlike things....somewhat arrogant comment to the comment in question without qualifying the comment or showing there is a way to qualify the logic.

Then dude infers its ok for him to say it because other people say it about him...so does that work in all occasions:rolleyes:

I dont care about your top 200 rankings....To me is reeks again as someone having to say something that doesnt need to be said. Like the kid from harvard law that brings it up when asked about whether he wants paper or plastic or the guy that brings up his salary for no apparent reason. If you got you dont have to talk about it. Im not offended, I just voiced an opinion, I dont give a damn about Lebron James, unless that dude is gonna is gonna serve as a business connection or invite to some parties. Someone I really dont give a damn would have a hard time really offending me. Again to me this is new and follows a pattern of detailing his leadership ability...If someone wanted to Im sure they could find like 30 -40 quotes of him telling how, not just that he did it, he lead his team motivationally. That stuff just doesnt need to be said and being 23 is not an excuse

glidedrxlr22
10-01-2008, 11:57 AM
I bet you Laker clowns that more nba players would rather follow Lebron than Ko-me. He's more team oriented and doesn't seem to mind sharing the spotlight and he doesn't have to force it when trying to be one of the boys and hangout and be friendly and not a douche-bag loner.

DuMa
10-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Just another reason why Kobe fan boys are insecure as hell.

InfiniteBaskets
10-01-2008, 12:15 PM
I take leadership as someone that can guide others, not offensively take over a game. Thus I associate the word with coaching. But from a player aspect, I'd say the biggest leader was probably Jason Kidd. You could see him talking to Chris Paul and Deron Williams in practices and time outs.

As well as Tayshuan Prince who had to teach the international game to Dwight Howard.

Other than Dwight's troubles, I'd say no other player on team USA really needed 'leading'. You can't lead players that don't need to be lead. You take a guy like Wade, he's gonna play well regardless if LeBron is shouting praises or not.

I wanna say there weren't any clear cut leaders, other than possibly the coaching staff.

Allstar24
10-01-2008, 12:23 PM
What a retarded topic, what is wrong with you? You're unnecessarily dragging Kobe into something that I bet he could care less about. A) LeBron didn't say anything outrageous B) What he said isn't worth creating a new thread on, he said the exact same thing about being a leader at least 30 times since the Olympics (the guy gives the most boring interviews ever). Its good you're getting blasted by these Kobe haters, you deserve it.

Kblaze8855
10-01-2008, 01:23 PM

Of course 23 is an adult. Sports are the only area in society where 20-25 yearolds are called young when they do something stupid. But this hardly applies. I didnt list his age to excuse what he did. I dont think it needs excusing in the first place.

(Gorilla logic part 1)again equating two unlike things....somewhat arrogant comment to the comment in question without qualifying the comment or showing there is a way to qualify the logic.

No idea what you just said.

Then dude infers its ok for him to say it because other people say it about him...so does that work in all occasions

If its true its true....

I dont care about your top 200 rankings....To me is reeks again as someone having to say something that doesnt need to be said. Like the kid from harvard law that brings it up when asked about whether he wants paper or plastic or the guy that brings up his salary for no apparent reason. If you got you dont have to talk about it.

Im not offended, I just voiced an opinion, I dont give a damn about Lebron James, unless that dude is gonna is gonna serve as a business connection or invite to some parties. Someone I really dont give a damn would have a hard time really offending me. Again to me this is new and follows a pattern of detailing his leadership ability...If someone wanted to Im sure they could find like 30 -40 quotes of him telling how, not just that he did it, he lead his team motivationally. That stuff just doesnt need to be said and being 23 is not an excuse

Let me see if I understand....

A guy says something you consider arrogant(even if true and said by many other people)

Hes said it and things like it many many times according to you.

And you are the one complaining about things that dont need to be said? A 23 yearold millionaire superstar/all time great(yes...Lebron is an all time great) with "Chosen one" written across his back made an arrogant comment? And hes done it many times already?

And YOU dont like people to being up things that dont need to be? How is it news if he does it all the time? How is it news when a guy with chosen one on his back makes an arrogant comment that is probably true? Really....how are you two any different on this? Hes probably saying it in an interview having been asked a question and you say it for the hell of it just to be heard complaining. Both irrelevant and neither of them new infotmation.

You, me, and everyone you know make dumber comments than repeating a widely accepted truth in an arrogant way. People just hold famous people to a different standard....especially in sports where emotions factor in so much. Fan doesnt like a guy and he will blow anything he does out of proportion. Like complaining when a known arrogant guy acts exactly in character and does so for the 30th or 40th time according to the complainer....who himself doesnt like the obvious pointed out...

inclinerator
10-01-2008, 06:48 PM
posideon go clearly ur not into real basketball since u keep mentioning this 1v1 crap. basketball is a team sport ok?

abuC
10-01-2008, 08:08 PM

Then dude infers its ok for him to say it because other people say it about him...so does that work in all occasions:rolleyes:

I dont care about your top 200 rankings....To me is reeks again as someone having to say something that doesnt need to be said. Like the kid from harvard law that brings it up when asked about whether he wants paper or plastic or the guy that brings up his salary for no apparent reason. If you got you dont have to talk about it. Im not offended, I just voiced an opinion, I dont give a damn about Lebron James, unless that dude is gonna is gonna serve as a business connection or invite to some parties. Someone I really dont give a damn would have a hard time really offending me. Again to me this is new and follows a pattern of detailing his leadership ability...If someone wanted to Im sure they could find like 30 -40 quotes of him telling how, not just that he did it, he lead his team motivationally. That stuff just doesnt need to be said and being 23 is not an excuse

:roll:

You were on Operationsports.com complaining that LeBron shouldnt be able to do a baseline dunk similar to Kobe, and it needs to be taken out of the game. From one board to the next, all you do is complain about LeBron in relation to Kobe.

Lebron23
10-01-2008, 08:36 PM
LeBron James for MVP, Finals MVP, and All Star Game MVP. :applause: :applause: :applause:

AItheAnswer3
10-01-2008, 08:39 PM
Funny how Kobe Bryant wouldnt even have a bronze medal if LeBron wasnt on the team

KINGK
10-01-2008, 10:06 PM
NOBODY IS DOWNPLAYING HIS CONTRIBUTION IN THAT GAME. What we are saying is that said contribution in that short amount of time doesn't make Kobe the "real" leader, and then negate Lebron's leadership up to that point. Take your head out of your ass.
Except Kobe and Kidd were clearly the real leaders. Kobe's hustle, defensive pressure, and experience made all the diiference no matter how " vocal" LBJ was. Take your head out of your ass.:rolleyes:

KINGK
10-01-2008, 10:07 PM
Funny how Kobe Bryant wouldnt even have a bronze medal if LeBron wasnt on the team
And yet it LBJ was the one who came home with Bronze TWICE when Kobe wasn't on the team.:confusedshrug:

KINGK
10-01-2008, 10:15 PM

You fools act like Kobe didn't **** for the tournement up to those final 8 minuters.The guy was still easily the best defensive player and the 3rd leading scorer. It's amazing how people want to downplay that performance in those final 8 minutes though. Coach K went to Kobe personally ( not Bon, Wade) and told him to take over the game, THE Gold Medal game, the game that was the culmination of year's of work, and he went out and damn near won the game by himself while "King" James was nowhere to be seen.Hilarious.:lol

Mikaiel
10-01-2008, 10:15 PM
And yet it LBJ was the one who came home with Bronze TWICE when Kobe wasn't on the team.:confusedshrug:

Last time I checked, he wasn't playing all by himself on those teams. And you can't really count the 1st Olympics, he barely played. And why don't you blame Melo or Wade for the bronze medals ? Maybe cos they're not a threat to Kobe for the "best player alive" title :confusedshrug:

bleedinpurpleTwo
10-01-2008, 11:20 PM

:wtf:

:hammerhead:

SoCalMike
10-01-2008, 11:22 PM

Did you really just say that???? :confusedshrug:

:pimp:

Younggrease
10-01-2008, 11:22 PM
:roll:

You were on Operationsports.com complaining that LeBron shouldnt be able to do a baseline dunk similar to Kobe, and it needs to be taken out of the game. From one board to the next, all you do is complain about LeBron in relation to Kobe.

stalker...

Showtime
10-02-2008, 12:49 AM
Except Kobe and Kidd were clearly the real leaders. Kobe's hustle, defensive pressure, and experience made all the diiference no matter how " vocal" LBJ was. Take your head out of your ass.:rolleyes:
Then if that is your criteria for the team leader, then Wade > Kobe.

inclinerator
10-02-2008, 01:11 AM
so lebron didnt hustle? play defense? made plays? okay

Solid Snake
10-02-2008, 01:27 AM
I'm gonna sum this up for all of yall.

What Lebron said was 100% accurate.

But he shouldn't have said it.

new noise
10-02-2008, 07:00 AM
Really a terrible thread. Leave it to some way-too-intense Kobe fan(s) to make something out of absolutely nothing.

I doubt Kobe was as offended as all his little fans were by the fact that LeBron knows how to be a leader.

Mamba
10-02-2008, 08:24 AM
You fools act like Kobe didn't **** for the tournement up to those final 8 minuters.The guy was still easily the best defensive player and the 3rd leading scorer.
so wait. lebrons the leading scorer, comes third in rebounds, first in steals, first in blocks, second in assists and lead in minutes played, with 60% fg. yet kobe is the better player. ur a damn fool you are, lebron was the obvious leader, now he shouldn't be saying it the way he did but he keeps getting asked questions about it, they say "whats it like for you to be leading this team?" its not like "so u came 3rd in rebounding" "yeah im the leader im the leader"

and seriously kobe the best defender? did u watch the games? or read homer newspaper articles, lebron was obviously the best defender out there rushing for blocks and steals, and defending his man very well.

God i hate argueing with kobe idiots reminds me of this pic

http://www.terryesnyderjr.com/images/pointless/retarted.jpg

Diesel J
10-02-2008, 09:41 AM
Lebron was the vocal leader of the team and to an extent, the lead by example leader.. This article was written maybe a game or two before they played their title game against Spain.

LeBron's been the key to Team USA's run
Cavaliers star is proving to be best player in international basketball

"He's the leader. He's the one whose voice is heard when a teammate commits a defensive breakdown. There's a sense on this team that you don't want to disappoint James. "He's definitely the vocal leader of our team, the guy that brings energy every day," Williams said. "Not just [on the court] You don't see the stuff behind the scenes. He's a great teammate, a great guy to have in the locker room and keeps us focused." - Deron Williams on Lebron James

"We know when he's aggressive it puts the rest of us in an aggressive mode," Paul said. "He's the one starting out who really gets us going. When he picks it up, everyone usually follows." - Chris Paul on Lebron James

"This is what he's been dreaming of, to get the chance to play in the Olympics, go out there and lead a team, and he's doing a great job of that," Howard said. "He's been very consistent every night on the defensive end and on the offensive end. I really appreciate the way he leads the team. He makes everybody around him better." - Dwight Howard

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26267658/

2LeTTeRS
10-02-2008, 11:06 AM

Did you watch the olympics. Kidd hardly played and Kobe was off the entire olympics until the 4th quarter of the Gold medal game. Hell Kobe's man Rudy Fernandez killed us against Spain. Kobe was playing aggressive D, but he was playing too tight and Rudy was driving past him easily. This happened throughout the tournament. Kobe had I think 2 good defensive performances, but otherwise the teams were exploiting his overaggressiveness. Coach K even basically called him out by telling the team they have to stop taking NBA shots, because Kobe was bricking so many long distance 3s.

Bron was better than Kobe on offense, defense, shooting the ball and rebounding. The only claim you can have for Kobe is his clutchness. Kobe didn't lead that team and neither did Kidd. LeBron was the leader.

Resurrection
10-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Lebron was the vocal leader of the team and to an extent, the lead by example leader.. This article was written maybe a game or two before they played their title game against Spain.

LeBron's been the key to Team USA's run
Cavaliers star is proving to be best player in international basketball

"He's the leader. He's the one whose voice is heard when a teammate commits a defensive breakdown. There's a sense on this team that you don't want to disappoint James. "He's definitely the vocal leader of our team, the guy that brings energy every day," Williams said. "Not just [on the court] You don't see the stuff behind the scenes. He's a great teammate, a great guy to have in the locker room and keeps us focused." - Deron Williams on Lebron James

"We know when he's aggressive it puts the rest of us in an aggressive mode," Paul said. "He's the one starting out who really gets us going. When he picks it up, everyone usually follows." - Chris Paul on Lebron James

"This is what he's been dreaming of, to get the chance to play in the Olympics, go out there and lead a team, and he's doing a great job of that," Howard said. "He's been very consistent every night on the defensive end and on the offensive end. I really appreciate the way he leads the team. He makes everybody around him better." - Dwight Howard

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26267658/

But when the Gold medal was on the line, this loud-mouthed so-called "leader" shriveled up and disappeared....to the point that he was passing up open/easy opportunities because he didn't want to handle the pressure. Same for that other phony who scored 21 first half points, but all of a sudden "tightened up" when the game mattered. :oldlol:

Great leader. :rolleyes:

Whatever happened to "LEAD BY EXAMPLE, NOT BY YOUR MOUTH?" :confusedshrug:

laker.tb
10-02-2008, 12:53 PM
i don't care that lebron james mentions he's the leader of team usa every time there's a press conference. what bugs me is when he talks in third person.

aznboy2k2
10-02-2008, 01:10 PM
But when the Gold medal was on the line, this loud-mouthed so-called "leader" shriveled up and disappeared....to the point that he was passing up open/easy opportunities because he didn't want to handle the pressure. Same for that other phony who scored 21 first half points, but all of a sudden "tightened up" when the game mattered. :oldlol:

I agree. I mean look at Michael Jordan. Instead of shooting the ball for the game winning shot, he decided to pass it to players whoich really showed true leadership in John Paxon and Steve Kerr.

I mean, **** Jordan, dudes a bust. Plays well for the entire series, but when it comes down to the end, he passes it to Kerr and Paxon.

Kerr and Paxon were the leaders of the Bulls championship teams. Not Jordan.

:banghead:

Showtime
10-02-2008, 01:12 PM

Then by your own standards, Wade > Kobe, since Wade was better on both ends in that entire game, and his late 3 won the game for team usa.

aznboy2k2
10-02-2008, 01:17 PM
Does Kobe even know what it means to be a leader? Seriously? I mean its pretty evident that he's awkward as fcuk. If anybody has ever seen any of his post game conferences. It's pretty pathetic. What was that stupid joke he made about blowing the lead? Something about intaking vodka and ****. I mean seriously. WTF?

Yeah, there were times he tried to be a leader. I just see a dude at the corner of the TV screen barking, cussing, and being a little ***** towards his teammates. Trying to rally them. I mean seriously. Pathetic.

I mean, does someone really need to repost youtube videos of the entire USA team in a group, chillin', having fun, and then you've got Kobe either quiet or isolated.

But yet, Kobe fans still think hes the undisputed leader.

Resurrection
10-02-2008, 01:29 PM
Then by your own standards, Wade > Kobe, since Wade was better on both ends in that entire game, and his late 3 won the game for team usa.

I'm not denying that Wade and LeBron had better overall performance in the Olympics, but that's NOT the question here. We're talking about "leadership", specifically LeBron James....and how he DISAPPEARED in the most important game of the tournament.

You can talk all you want about being a leader and scream and act like an ass in practice and behind-the-scenes all you want. But if you don't deliver when it matters (4th quarter of a close Gold Medal game)...then your leadership ain't worth SH!T.

Talk is cheap. Show me results.

LeBron didn't. Kobe did.

Period.

BFRESH44
10-02-2008, 01:33 PM
This thread....:oldlol:

Diesel J
10-02-2008, 01:34 PM
Same for that other phony who scored 21 first half points, but all of a sudden "tightened up" when the game mattered. :oldlol:

Wade was the best player on the floor that day man. Remember, Kobe and Lebron were both in early foul trouble and is not for Wade going off for 20+ in the first half, USA would've got blown out. Wade also hit the biggest shot of the game, not Kobe.:oldlol: Your boy Kobe played sh*tty D that game too. Too much gambling... his weak D is what caused Dwight to get posterized:oldlol:

Heilige
10-02-2008, 01:34 PM
Does Kobe even know what it means to be a leader? Seriously? I mean its pretty evident that he's awkward as fcuk. If anybody has ever seen any of his post game conferences. It's pretty pathetic. What was that stupid joke he made about blowing the lead? Something about intaking vodka and ****. I mean seriously. WTF?

Yeah, there were times he tried to be a leader. I just see a dude at the corner of the TV screen barking, cussing, and being a little ***** towards his teammates. Trying to rally them. I mean seriously. Pathetic.

I mean, does someone really need to repost youtube videos of the entire USA team in a group, chillin', having fun, and then you've got Kobe either quiet or isolated.

You say he is awkward as ****. But, I think he has changed in that department quite a bit. Have you seen him on the Jimmy Kimmel show. He doesn't appear socially awkward at all, and I think this is one of his best interviews:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBugBu3I2Ik

And, you act like Kobe is the only player who has yelled at his teammates before. All great and competitive playes have done that before. It seems you are just looking for a reason to hate Kobe.

Resurrection
10-02-2008, 01:35 PM

I guess you'd rather have Kobe be an INSECURE, ARROGANT **** and state that he's a "leader" every time a camera or a microphone is shoved in his face right?

What's funny is that you don't see anything wrong (and disrespectful) with what LeBron said....BUT had those same comments come from Kobe instead, you'd be the first one in line bashing him for it. :rolleyes:

Diesel J
10-02-2008, 01:37 PM

An example of Kobe's great leadership skills

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZpWJtgvm5Q

Resurrection
10-02-2008, 01:44 PM

An example of Kobe's great leadership skills

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZpWJtgvm5Q

Bynum has stated that Kobe's comments "motivated" him last summer and that he didn't take it personally whatsoever. Considering how much Bynum improved last year and how far the Lakers got....I'd call it great "leadership."

But then again, it's not quite the "leadership" of Jordan.....where he punches out teammates, calls them derogatory names and threatens them.

Showtime
10-02-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm not denying that Wade and LeBron had better overall performance in the Olympics, but that's NOT the question here. We're talking about "leadership", specifically LeBron James....and how he DISAPPEARED in the most important game of the tournament.

No, we aren't. Leadership and a few minutes of clutch play are NOT the same things, and you are equating the two. I was showing how that logic is flawed by bringing up the Wade comparison. Performance isn't the exact same thing as leadership. You were saying that because Kobe stepped up for a few minutes late in the gold medal game, and Lebron wasn't that guy at that time, then that means Lebron wasn't the leader. That's flawed logic.

Just because Lebron wasn't that guy at that time (when the US wouldn't have kept the lead if not for his play in the first half), doesn't mean he wasn't a leader. It doesn't invalidate everything he did.

You can talk all you want about being a leader and scream and act like an ass in practice and behind-the-scenes all you want. But if you don't deliver when it matters (4th quarter of a close Gold Medal game)...then your leadership ain't worth SH!T.

Your logic is so flawed it's actually amusing reading your mindless rants. Lebron's play in that same game was key in the US win. Just like Wade's play was key, and Kobe's play was key. NOT ONE PLAYER WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE WIN. Kobe's play was a PART of why they won, not the only reason. And I will bring up again, if you are looking for a single player who was most responsible for that win, then Wade is right up there, and arguably more responsible, than Kobe. So your argument about Kobe being the main reason they won is just plain false. Your argument about Kobe being the only player to step up in the clutch is false.

Talk is cheap. Show me results.

LeBron didn't. Kobe did.

Period.
LOL Lebron = first half, Kobe = few minutes in the 4th, Wade = entire game, including the real game winner.

The result is that Kobe's play wouldn't have meant jack if Lebron's contributions weren't there. Kobe's contributions might have been meaningless if not for Wade, and Spain made something happen after cutting the lead to just 4. IT WAS A TEAM EFFORT IN THE GOLD MEDAL GAME, AND KOBE WAS JUST PART OF THE REASON THEY WON, NOT THE ONLY REASON. For you to sit there and say Lebron didn't matter, or Wade didn't matter, is moronic. But that's to be expected with biased homers.

The FACT is that there were several leaders. Kidd and Lebron were the main leaders on and off the court. This has been stated by the players themselves. Stop being so defensive about Kobe not garnering praise all the time. Kobe wasn't the leader of the team, period.

ForceOfNature
10-02-2008, 02:08 PM
To you guys questioning the leadership on the team, were you there with the team in China, even in the pre-olympics? We're not actually there in the huddles, in the locker room and with the team so we don't know exactly what's going on. We don't actually know what Wade and Bryant were thinking when LeBron made these comments, because we're unsure of their true feelings on the issue. These guys' egos are not as big as you'd think though, they were all united in this front and were willing to sacrifice whatever it took because that's how badly they wanted to bring the gold back to the U.S. of A.

Having said that, I think LeBron did the best job vocally of taking a leadership role. And I don't see it as a negative point that he says in press conferences that he's the leader of the team, he really puts the pressure on himself in a way and I think that's good.

With that said, I think it was somewhat silly of him boasting that he lead Kobe Bryant like that.

Resurrection
10-02-2008, 02:11 PM
The FACT is that there were several leaders. Kidd and Lebron were the main leaders on and off the court. This has been stated by the players themselves. Stop being so defensive about Kobe not garnering praise all the time. Kobe wasn't the leader of the team, period.

:oldlol: @ at you saying that Kobe wasn't a leader.

Being the best player in the world and the single player on that team whom EVERYONE defers to in clutch situations automatically makes you a leader, by default.

Leaders step up for their team when the game is on the line. Jordan did. Bird did. Magic did. Hakeem did. Almost EVERY leader in EVERY sport does this. This is what "leaders" do.

When it was time for LeBron to step-up and lead in the Gold Medal game, he didn't deliver. As a matter of FACT, he didn't even try or put himself in that situation. He was running away from the opportunity to lead because he was scared of failing.

He FAILED....like your posts.

glidedrxlr22
10-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Really a terrible thread. Leave it to some way-too-intense Kobe fan(s) to make something out of absolutely nothing.

I doubt Kobe was as offended as all his little fans were by the fact that LeBron knows how to be a leader.

Best post in this thread. Word! You've been repped.

Resurrection
10-02-2008, 02:15 PM
With that said, I think it was somewhat silly of him boasting that he lead Kobe Bryant like that.

LeBron is an INSECURE idiot. He could have just mentioned (for the millionth time) that he lead "Team USA".....but he used Kobe Bryant's name for his own selfish promotion and hype.

LeBron James doesn't give a rats ass about anyone but HIMSELF. The city of Cleveland and Cavs fans will soon realize this when he jumps ship in a couple of years. Dude is a money-hungry, selfish scumbag.

ForceOfNature
10-02-2008, 02:17 PM
LeBron is an INSECURE idiot. He could have just mentioned (for the millionth time) that he lead "Team USA".....but he used Kobe Bryant's name for his own selfish promotion and hype.

LeBron James doesn't give a rats ass about anyone but HIMSELF. The city of Cleveland and Cavs fans will soon realize this when he jumps ship in a couple of years. Dude is a money-hungry, selfish scumbag.
I think you're going overboard with some of those comments, but I do think it was unnecessary to mention Bryant's name. Kobe's ego has actually seemed to have leveled down, if you will, from his younger days. If it had been the way it was, then we would have seen a power struggle between these two guys.

BULLZ
10-02-2008, 02:18 PM

Hello fellow troll

Showtime
10-02-2008, 02:21 PM
:oldlol: @ at you saying that Kobe wasn't a leader.

I didn't say Kobe wasn't a leader. I said he wasn't THE leader of the team.

Being the best player in the world and the single player on that team whom EVERYONE defers to in clutch situations automatically makes you a leader, by default.

Sorry, but did you even watch the games? Kobe wasn't the default player who the team differed to in clutch situations. Often times, Kobe was shooting because he he chose to hog the ball. That's not the same thing as the players trusting Kobe and differing to him. Team USA also wasn't in clutch situations that often because they were blowing teams out, and when they were faced with a few clutch situations before this game, Kobe was missing shots and Lebron and Wade had to make plays. You must not have been watching very closely.

Leaders step up for their team when the game is on the line. Jordan did. Bird did. Magic did. Hakeem did. Almost EVERY leader in EVERY sport does this. This is what "leaders" do.

And what you fail to recognize is that every other game, Lebron DID step up, and Kobe failed to execute. So was Kobe, at those times, NOT a leader? Which is it? You can't have it both ways.

And again, Wade stepped up too, so is he a leader too?

And I'm not even mentioning the epic fail of Kobe in the finals, where he clearly quit on his team in the deciding game. What a pathetic showing, which goes along with his other lackluster finals performances. How on earth can you describe Kobe along the same lines as Bird and Jordan?

When it was time for LeBron to step-up and lead in the Gold Medal game, he didn't deliver. As a matter of FACT, he didn't even try or put himself in that situation. He was running away from the opportunity to lead because he was scared of failing.

lol so I guess he wasn't scared in every other game, and wasn't scared in the first half? I guess then that Kobe was scared in most of the other games previous to that because he didn't step up and make plays.

He FAILED....like your posts.
He didn't fail, because if it wasn't for his play in the first half, Kobe's play wouldn't have mattered. Lebron's contributions MATTERED, and he helped win that game. Like it or not, that's the fact.

aznboy2k2
10-02-2008, 03:30 PM
You say he is awkward as ****. But, I think he has changed in that department quite a bit. Have you seen him on the Jimmy Kimmel show. He doesn't appear socially awkward at all, and I think this is one of his best interviews:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBugBu3I2Ik

And, you act like Kobe is the only player who has yelled at his teammates before. All great and competitive playes have done that before. It seems you are just looking for a reason to hate Kobe.

no. kobe bryant is awkward as ****. i dont give a **** if he had one good interview that he probably practiced and rehearsed whether over the phone or on the stage with kimmie.

post game conferences are the best indicated if a player is awkward or not.

aznboy2k2
10-02-2008, 03:34 PM
I guess you'd rather have Kobe be an INSECURE, ARROGANT **** and state that he's a "leader" every time a camera or a microphone is shoved in his face right?

What's funny is that you don't see anything wrong (and disrespectful) with what LeBron said....BUT had those same comments come from Kobe instead, you'd be the first one in line bashing him for it. :rolleyes:

First off. Kobe wouldn't say stuff like that because he knows its not true.
And it's just not LEBRON that saying hes the leader. It seems like its everybody else on the team. Go look at the team USA videos. Go look at the photos. Tell me who makes the team a team. Who creates the chemistry?

Kobe made the other girl bleed.
Your throat has to hurt. =/

aznboy2k2
10-02-2008, 03:36 PM
Bynum has stated that Kobe's comments "motivated" him last summer and that he didn't take it personally whatsoever. Considering how much Bynum improved last year and how far the Lakers got....I'd call it great "leadership."

But then again, it's not quite the "leadership" of Jordan.....where he punches out teammates, calls them derogatory names and threatens them.

"I'd rather play on pluto... then play with the Lakers"

That must have motivated the team too huh? Cute. I like that.

Heilige
10-02-2008, 03:41 PM
no. kobe bryant is awkward as ****. i dont give a **** if he had one good interview that he probably practiced and rehearsed whether over the phone or on the stage with kimmie.

Why do you think he is awkward? Do you have any pictures/videos to back up your assertions?

You think him being 'awkward' means he is not capable of being a good leader; so if the Lakers make it to the Finals and win, you won't give him any credit for his leadership?

aznboy2k2
10-02-2008, 03:59 PM
Why do you think he is awkward? Do you have any pictures/videos to back up your assertions?

You think him being 'awkward' means he is not capable of being a good leader; so if the Lakers make it to the Finals and win, you won't give him any credit for his leadership?

I'm not even gonna reply to this. Kobe is awkward as ****. Period.
He can't even do radio furniture commercials right.

bleedinpurpleTwo
10-02-2008, 04:05 PM
"I'd rather play on pluto... then play with the Lakers"

That must have motivated the team too huh? Cute. I like that.

it got mgmt off its ass to get something done. next thing ya know...Gasol.

Kobe's post-season rant was the best thing to happen to that franchise since, well, getting Phil to return. While we cannot credit Kobe entirely for the personnel improvement, he certainly motivated management. Can't really blame him, either, when his STARTERS were Kwame Brown, Luke Walton, and Smush Parker!

Batchoy
10-02-2008, 04:17 PM

Kobe's post-season rant was the best thing to happen to that franchise since, well, getting Phil to return. While we cannot credit Kobe entirely for the personnel improvement, he certainly motivated management. Can't really blame him, either, when his STARTERS were Kwame Brown, Luke Walton, and Smush Parker!I like how Kobe fanatics try to change Kobe's mistakes to their own advantage. Getting Gasol was not all about Kobe and his rantings during the off season. The Lakers wouldn't have gotten Gasol if Bynum didn't get injured. The Lakers were playing great basketball before Gasol came to the team and a major key was Bynum's play. When Bynum got injured, that's when Kupchack started looking for a big man and Gasol literally fell into their laps.

Kobe fanatics are a special breed of creature.

aznboy2k2
10-02-2008, 06:48 PM

Kobe's post-season rant was the best thing to happen to that franchise since, well, getting Phil to return. While we cannot credit Kobe entirely for the personnel improvement, he certainly motivated management. Can't really blame him, either, when his STARTERS were Kwame Brown, Luke Walton, and Smush Parker!

I'm sorry, but please refer to the Cavs Eastern Conference starting roster if you want to see ****team.

How did he motivate management? Gasol was offered to them in a trade for nothing. My dead snail outside would have done that trade. What did Lakers management do in the off season after Kobes rant? Nothing, if they were to give in they would have shipped Bynum. But they didn't. They don't care. They are out to do whats best for their team, not whats best for Kobe Bean Bryant. So don't sit here and say Kobe is the reason why they got Gasol.

His comments didn't do anything but make him look selfish and ignorant.

Heilige
10-02-2008, 07:07 PM

Please watch this. You think Kobe is so damn awkward:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5QAIGRgIdI

Also, for those who feel LeBron was the undisputed leader on the team, please watch that video as well.

ForceOfNature
10-02-2008, 07:24 PM

Also, for those who feel LeBron was the undisputed leader on the team, please watch that video as well.
Interesting video. Kobe looked like he was sort of making light of LeBron's vocal leadership, asking if he's 35 years old.

LOL Michael Redd seems pretty modest, finished behind Kobe in autograph signing haha.

Resurrection
10-02-2008, 07:56 PM

When Kobe talks, he commands RESPECT and attention because he's talking like an educated MAN. Meanwhile LeBron is talking like he's out on the playgrounds in Brooklyn. I wonder how many times he failed the 4th grade. :oldlol:

Lebron23
10-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Last year LeBron said that Kobe Bryant is the best player in the NBA. I cannot imagine Kobe saying the same thing to LeBron, when he won his first MVP, and 2nd NBA Scoring title next year.

mlh1981
10-02-2008, 08:37 PM
When Kobe talks, he commands RESPECT and attention because he's talking like an educated MAN. Meanwhile LeBron is talking like he's out on the playgrounds in Brooklyn. I wonder how many times he failed the 4th grade. :oldlol:

Kobe has a much different upbringing than LeBron. You can't really compare the 2. Kobe was born in a great situation with privilege. He is incredibly savvy with his thoughts and speaking ability. Very well coached on how to deal with the media, but part of that, of course, is due to his own upbringing. I'm sure his dad taught him a trick or 2.

LeBron has had to learn everything on the fly. He never had the luxury that Kobe did, which was to arrive on a team chock full of veteran leadership. In other words, guys who could sit back and teach him the P.R. side of the biz. On the personal side, LeBron grew up with poverty, had no father around, and didn't travel the world like Kobe was fortunate enough to do.

Considering where he's come from, I would say that LeBron is very fluent and well spoken. Like Kobe, he is also guilty of spouting out the same jock jargon. Both men know what to say, for the most part.

LeBron has made some cocky statements, but don't act like Kobe hasn't either.

Can't really compare the 2 men. Two totally different background and upbringings.

aznboy2k2
10-02-2008, 08:49 PM

Unfortunately, Kobe likes to pretend like hes from Brooklyn. =/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlBG2O0U7CM

aznboy2k2
10-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Kobe has a much different upbringing than LeBron. You can't really compare the 2. Kobe was born in a great situation with privilege. He is incredibly savvy with his thoughts and speaking ability. Very well coached on how to deal with the media, but part of that, of course, is due to his own upbringing. I'm sure his dad taught him a trick or 2.

LeBron has had to learn everything on the fly. He never had the luxury that Kobe did, which was to arrive on a team chock full of veteran leadership. In other words, guys who could sit back and teach him the P.R. side of the biz. On the personal side, LeBron grew up with poverty, had no father around, and didn't travel the world like Kobe was fortunate enough to do.

Considering where he's come from, I would say that LeBron is very fluent and well spoken. Like Kobe, he is also guilty of spouting out the same jock jargon. Both men know what to say, for the most part.

Can't really compare the 2 men. Two totally different background and upbringings.

Kobe ISN'T COCKY. WHERE WOULD YOU EVER GET THAT FROM?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpzJgLzzX38&feature=related

Kobe ft. Tyra Banks - K.O.B.E.

Who the **** makes their name into an acronym. HAHA.

When Lebron goes out:
1. Raps.
2. Raps with a song title LEBRON.
3. Makes LEBRON into an acronym.

Then I'll admit, Lebron is a bit cocky.
But not Kobe fan should EVER say Lebron is cockier then Kobe.

K.O.B.E. I.L.O.V.E.Y.O.U

Resurrection, are you Tyra Banks?

shadow
10-02-2008, 09:02 PM
we won the gold who cares. Kobe, Bron, and Wade all had their separate moments to shine, and the certainly did shine. Shouldn't that be enough for all their fans?

Resurrection
10-02-2008, 09:02 PM
Last year LeBron said that Kobe Bryant is the best player in the NBA. I cannot imagine Kobe saying the same thing to LeBron, when he won his first MVP, and 2nd NBA Scoring title next year.

Kobe would be lying to himself and the public if he were to say that about LeBron James or anyone else around the league.

You wouldn't want to be lied to, do you?

Resurrection
10-02-2008, 09:05 PM

You know what....that's a damn good post. Kobe has definitely made his share of "cocky" statements....but what irks me about LeBron is that he's DISRESPECTING a living legend like Kobe Bean Bryant in order to rally his troops. He could have gone about it in a different way.

ronnymac
10-02-2008, 09:15 PM
Kobe was degrading arenas 64 points game that he got torched in. he was calling it nothing special. he is a arrogant prick.

Mamba
10-03-2008, 11:34 AM
i did a 4 minute picture job of ressurection. should explain alot.

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6894/gheyzh7.png (http://imageshack.us)

Young HkM
10-03-2008, 11:44 AM
havent stepped into the nba forum for a while... Nice to see nothing has changed.

co-signed

glidedrxlr22
10-03-2008, 11:48 AM
i did a 4 minute picture job of ressurection. should explain alot.

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6894/gheyzh7.png (http://imageshack.us)

:roll: :lol :applause: :rockon: :cheers: :pimp:

stephanieg
10-03-2008, 12:53 PM
I enjoy watching Kobe and LeBron groupies argue which one is more arrogant and cocky. Talk about the pot and kettle...

To throw some fuel on the fire: you're not allowed to call someone else arrogant if you have a giant "CHOSEN 1" tat on your back.

Jordan80
10-03-2008, 03:55 PM
kobe and lebron are different kinds of cocky. i think kobe bryant is a cocky person on the basketball court. he tends to show off after big plays and sometimes it's really annoying to watch. lebron is cocky off the court. he refers to himself in third person, calls himself the king, and has apparently has a tattoo of himself which says "chosen one.

Godfather
10-03-2008, 05:54 PM

I found this joke...

Q) What do Kobe Bryant and Michael Jackson have in common?
A) One screws little white Virgin women, the other is a little white Virgin women

http://nbahoopsonline.com/jokes.html

shrempf_on_rice
10-03-2008, 06:56 PM
"My boyfriend's better than your boyfriend"
"Na ah, my boyfriend looks better than your boyfriend"
"Well my boyfriend say nice things"
"Oh yeah, your boyfriend is arrogant"
"Yours too"

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Get a fuccin life!!!

ForceOfNature
10-04-2008, 09:29 AM
I enjoy watching Kobe and LeBron groupies argue which one is more arrogant and cocky. Talk about the pot and kettle...

To throw some fuel on the fire: you're not allowed to call someone else arrogant if you have a giant "CHOSEN 1" tat on your back.
What's wrong with that? He believes in himself, it's also pretty badass.

gpfanz
10-05-2008, 08:58 AM
Kobe will light him up for 50 the next time they meet :D

inclinerator
10-05-2008, 11:11 AM
Kobe will light him up for 50 the next time they meet :D
no bynum will

Maniak
10-05-2008, 11:23 AM
no bynum will

no chris mihm will

The Machine
10-05-2008, 11:56 AM
no chris mihm will
No, Bynum will, just like he owned Amare like a little bitch the last time they played.

danumber88
10-05-2008, 12:00 PM
No, Bynum will, just like he owned Amare like a little bitch the last time they played.

Bynum wont score 50. Jesus christ stop overating him.

Maniak
10-05-2008, 12:09 PM

:roll: Get defensive much?

Dude, take a joke.

And Amare>Bynum

hardcore (fan)
10-16-2008, 10:46 PM
Hey I was wondering if it bothered any Cavalier fans that LeBron speaks in third person? I love LeBron, but come on, get over yourself!

Mikaiel
10-17-2008, 09:52 PM
Hey I was wondering if it bothered any Cavalier fans that LeBron speaks in third person? I love LeBron, but come on, get over yourself!

Apart from "A LeBron James team is never desperate", how many times did he speak in the third person ?

Even MJ did sometimes, its no big deal.

Mdog1
11-07-2008, 06:00 PM
I find this so funny reading through. All you Kobe homers are just terrible. LBJ was in the top five in every category that mattered during the Olympics, and Kobe was not. Bron was the best two way player the entire time. Wade was the best offensive player. Kobe played good for like 5mins of one game and this suddenly makes him the best player? Hmm Kobe homers are just dilusional and this season the entire NBA will be in ageance as to who the better player is not just the best player on the best team.

Mathius
11-07-2008, 06:41 PM
Why does this retarded thread keep getting bumped?

Yes, I realize I just bumped it by posting, but it pisses me off and I had to ask.

Mathius