PDA

View Full Version : Time to trade Dirk?

miles berg
09-30-2008, 11:36 PM
Agree or disagree?

He is not top 5 anymore and getting worse. I put guys like Bosh, Boozer, Amare and even West and Aldridge (after this season) all ahead of him.

We will never win with him as the leader of the team. Trade him now while he still has enormous trade value IMO. Who do you think we can get?

Big One
09-30-2008, 11:37 PM
boozer?:no:

ShowTime LA
09-30-2008, 11:38 PM
boozer?:no:
+1

VCMVP1551
09-30-2008, 11:39 PM
I put only Garnett clearly ahead of him and possibly Amare. I don't consider Duncan a PF but he is a better player than Dirk.

Dirk is still a top 2 or 3 PF.

miles berg
09-30-2008, 11:43 PM
I put only Garnett clearly ahead of him and possibly Amare. I don't consider Duncan a PF but he is a better player than Dirk.

Dirk is still a top 2 or 3 PF.

OK but even so, even if you think he's still top 3 (he's not IMO) do you see the Mavs winning with him as the leader? Do you see any team winning it all with him as the "man"? I dont. He's just not a winner, he doesnt have it in him. I think it's time to trade him while he sitll has "superstar" value.

miles berg
09-30-2008, 11:45 PM
Wow, someone hacked into my account.

Congratulations to whoever figured it out. It was either TMOGE or my friend Casey.

VCMVP1551
09-30-2008, 11:45 PM
OK but even so, even if you think he's still top 3 (he's not IMO) do you see the Mavs winning with him as the leader? Do you see any team winning it all with him as the "man"? I dont. He's just not a winner, he doesnt have it in him. I think it's time to trade him while he sitll has "superstar" value.

He took the Mavs to the Finals in the West just 2 years ago. I can't think of that many players who have proven they can lead a team farther.

Tim Duncan, Shaq, Dwyane Wade, Kevin Garnett and the entire Pistons starting 5 from '04 are the only players who led their team farther than Dirk as the best player on their team in the post Jordan era.

Kobe took his team as far last year and is a better leader than Dirk IMO but he technically hasn't taken the Lakers farther.

StroShow4
09-30-2008, 11:46 PM
Agree or disagree?

He is not top 5 anymore and getting worse. I put guys like Bosh, Boozer, Amare and even West and Aldridge (after this season) all ahead of him.

We will never win with him as the leader of the team. Trade him now while he still has enormous trade value IMO. Who do you think we can get?

come on now, that's crazy talk.

Qwyjibo
09-30-2008, 11:54 PM

Congratulations to whoever figured it out. It was either TMOGE or my friend Casey.
:oldlol:
I was wondering about these posts...

Even so, all this "not being a winner" stuff is stupid. The guy carried his team to the finals once already. That's better than MANY current All-Star players have done/will do. Dirk isn't one of those "greatest of all-time" superstar types that can carry a team alone but of course the Mavs can with with him being the best player. Trading Devin Harris was a move in the wrong direction though.

Silverbullit
10-01-2008, 12:00 AM
Dirk NEVER disppointed in any regular season.
He had 1 and a half bad playoff series.

Why is he getting worse?

PacerRaptor
10-01-2008, 12:26 AM
I dont think Dallas should trade Dirk. He puts up good numbers and always comes to play. Dallas' lack of success should be blamed on their management. They traded away Devin Harris for Kidd. Like c'mon, what were they thinking. Kidd was good like 3 or 4 years ago. Hes old and is on the downfall of his career. Dont get me wrong, Kidd is still a good baller, but at this stage in his career, Harrish was probably a better option for Dallas.

Any team would love to have Dirk. Dallas is about $37 million over the cap. Trading Dirk could happen, who knows. When Cuban waived Finely, he said he merely did it for some future cap releif, so trading Dirk could also be an option for him.

Though this would NOT happen I would love Dirk in Indy. He would fit JOBs system perfectly. He can shoot the 3 and he has some post moves. But Dallas probably wouldnt want anyone we have, unless theyre so desperate for cap releif and we give them our expirers (but that would then again, ruin our cap releif that Bird has worked on)

Ford
Dunleavy
Granger
Muprhy
Dirk

WOW :cheers:

But thats not happening :(

If Dallas want straight cap relief: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=609~44~2200~3220~598&teams=11~6~6~6~6&te=&cash=

coles_brandon
10-01-2008, 12:45 AM
Trade em to us! We'll take em! He'll I'll sign and trade BG in a package also. MAKE IT HAPPEN PAX!!!

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1711~1981~356~3224~3032~181~60 9~881&teams=29~6~6~6~6~4~4~4&te=&cash=29:4
:hammertime:

Rose
Deng
Nocioni
Nowitzki
Dampier

Bench:

Brown
Grey
Nichols
Powell
Sefolosha
Walker
Simmons
F/A
F/A
:applause:

Dallas cleans house and starts anew with Hinrich and the option to re-sign Gooden, Thomas & Noah or have cap room. Memphis gets MADD cap room for 2010. Bulls get a proven scorer in Dirk, walker off the bench in his hometown. Dampier blocking shots, getting boards and Rose running the parade!

EricForman
10-01-2008, 12:50 AM
Agree or disagree?

boozer? West? Aldridge? :oldlol:

Amare hasn't had a chance to prove himself on his own team either.

If Dirk isn't top five anymore, that's simply because guys like Chris Paul emerged.

PacerRaptor
10-01-2008, 01:03 AM
Trade em to us! We'll take em! He'll I'll sign and trade BG in a package also. MAKE IT HAPPEN PAX!!!

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1711~1981~356~3224~3032~181~60 9~881&teams=29~6~6~6~6~4~4~4&te=&cash=29:4
:hammertime:

Rose
Deng
Nocioni
Nowitzki
Dampier

Bench:

Brown
Grey
Nichols
Powell
Sefolosha
Walker
Simmons
F/A
F/A
:applause:

Dallas cleans house and starts anew with Hinrich and the option to re-sign Gooden, Thomas & Noah or have cap room. Memphis gets MADD cap room for 2010. Bulls get a proven scorer in Dirk, walker off the bench in his hometown. Dampier blocking shots, getting boards and Rose running the parade!
What will Dallas do with Hinrich, Gordon, JET and Kidd?

TakitoEspanoza
10-01-2008, 01:09 AM
Is this really you Miles? Are you saying this because hes "eager" to test free agency?

I think you keep Dirk until his legs fall off... the Mavs are been around for 28 years and hes the only franchise player they have ever had... why would you wanna get rid of him man.

ihatetimthomas
10-01-2008, 01:30 AM
I wouldn't actively shop him, but I would consider offers if they were presented. Dirk is a special talent. You don't just trade him for anyone. But you also don't keep your ears shut either. If the right deal is offered, then you ship him. But the worst thing you can do to yourself is actively shop your superstar because you will never get anywhere near equal value

PacerRaptor
10-01-2008, 01:39 AM
I wouldn't actively shop him, but I would consider offers if they were presented. Dirk is a special talent. You don't just trade him for anyone. But you also don't keep your ears shut either. If the right deal is offered, then you ship him. But the worst thing you can do to yourself is actively shop your superstar because you will never get anywhere near equal value
excellent point

chains5000
10-01-2008, 02:18 AM

:oldlol: I was really surprised

ronnymac
10-01-2008, 05:50 AM
They made a huge mistake by trading harris away. remember they were a top 3 in the standings prior to that trade.

Mamba
10-01-2008, 06:03 AM
trade him for big z and delonte west lmao. send him to the cavs :D

seriously if this happened i would freak out of my mind.

Glo41
10-01-2008, 06:08 AM
Best post in this thread.

Personally I do not want Dirk to leave since I want him to stay and retire a Mav, but if he were to be traded to a team where he could win a ring, I'd be all for it.

Oh and that first post was just :wtf:

DCL
10-01-2008, 06:12 AM
wow, this thread's coming from one of the formerly biggest dirk homers ever.

how far has dirk fallen off the map!

DCL
10-01-2008, 06:15 AM

if that was true, you can edit or delete the other posts, but you kept them up.

ChuckOakley
10-01-2008, 09:16 AM
The best trade by far is Amare for Dirk.

Do it teams!

Nash
Bell
Hill
Dirk
Shaq

Kidd
Stackhouse
Howard
Amare
Dampier

jbot
10-01-2008, 09:52 AM
right now dirk is the best thing Dallas has going for itself. they have to wait and see if carlisle can turn things around b4 they go trading away an all-star player.

ihatetimthomas
10-01-2008, 11:59 AM

Do it teams!

Nash
Bell
Hill
Dirk
Shaq

Kidd
Stackhouse
Howard
Amare
Dampier

This is a very interesting trade. Dirk alongside Sgaq would really allow Dirk to fully utilize his skills. He needs a real anchor in the paint for his outside shooting to be maximized. Him and Shaq would be the ultimate inside outside big man tandem.

Amare would be a better fit for JKidd than Dirk. Amare loves to run and would be catching alley-oops left and right. He is a better compliment to Kidd.

I honestly think this makes both sides better. But I think Phoenix would be hesitant to give up their only young star. But windowsa re closing for both sides and its all dependent on if Phx would be willing to give up Amare. If the Mavs can get a guy of Amare's caliber in return, you can bet on it that they pull the trigger. I would probably keep Amare bc of his youth

WonkeyDonkey
10-01-2008, 12:23 PM

Do it teams!

Nash
Bell
Hill
Dirk
Shaq

Kidd
Stackhouse
Howard
Amare
Dampier

as a suns fan i do not want this to happen. :no:

Phenith
10-01-2008, 12:55 PM
Dirk isn't a leader, that's his problem. If he can go somewhere where he is a #2 guy or bring in a #1 guy to Dallas then he can finally go all out without the pressure he has had his whole career so far.

Heretik32
10-01-2008, 01:03 PM
Give the team some time to show what they can do with a real coach.

If it still doesn't work, trade him.

Heretik32
10-01-2008, 01:05 PM
as a suns fan i do not want this to happen. :no:

Yeah, cuz than teh COOL dunks by AMARE won't be there any longer.

Trading Dirk for Amare would be the best thing that could happen right now for the Suns. Don't even make me think about the inside/outside punch of Shaq/Dirk combined with one of the best point guards in the league.

RajonKGcelts
10-01-2008, 03:17 PM
No way. It's Cubans (who i love) fault for the players he puts around his star. Dirk's shown hes capable of bring them to the finals.

Mdog1
11-06-2008, 01:38 AM
I've wanted Dirk for a long time on the Cavs. He'd be a great guy that could come in and would thrive as a number two option because he just doesn't seem like a born leader. What would Dallas want in return? Would a Wally Szerbiak plus Anderson varejao and a first work for Dirk? Those are both expirings and coupled with Kidd coming off you guys could be under the salary cap which would be nice considering you aren't going to win any way.

That is not a shot at you guys it is the truth. The West is stacked, the East is better this year and your team is getting old.

NastaMaverick
11-06-2008, 02:35 AM
Szerbiak, Varejao, and a first round pick for Dirk? :lol Not quite.

AItheAnswer3
11-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Dallas gets ripped-off.

ThyGreatOne
11-06-2008, 07:47 PM
i think its "past" the time Dallas needed to trade Dirk. the dude is a glorified role player, he is not a superstar, and he cant carry a team, he is just to soft. once i seen the 8th seed Warriors beat the 1st seed MAVS i was off that DIRK = MVP bandwagon, Dirk didnt even deserve MVP the real MVP of the team at that time was Josh Howard... i think Cuban needs to take a long look at Dirk and what offers he can get by putting that cat on the block!

Silent Mav
11-07-2008, 06:08 PM
You will not get equal value for him at this point. The MVP was for the regular season and Dirk was the MVP. Josh had a good playoffs, after the balloting was over. And how did the roles reverse last year in the playoffs? Besides I find it hard to believe a Suns fan was ever on the Dirk bandwagon. He should have had it over Nash the year before anyway. sunsnash= 0 finals

Mdog1
11-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Szerbiak, Varejao, and a first round pick for Dirk? :lol Not quite.

Well you might be able to get young talent, but from where? No rebuilding team is going to trade a young talent for Dirk who is aging. Szerb at least gives you a chance to go after Boozer next year or any other big names that could be out there. AV is undoubtebly a good player (not great and not better than Dirk) who would bring good D and is improving his O. That first round pick is going to be late possibly in the 20's.

What do you guys think would work for Dirk realistically that works for both teams?

Silent Mav
11-07-2008, 07:57 PM
That's just it, the Cavs don't really have anything to offer. Where would AV fit? You already have Damp and Diop doing about the same thing. And he's nowhere near starting pf material. Even if you bring him off the bench, I'm not sure Bass is starting pf material either.

ThyGreatOne
11-07-2008, 10:31 PM
You will not get equal value for him at this point. The MVP was for the regular season and Dirk was the MVP. Josh had a good playoffs, after the balloting was over. And how did the roles reverse last year in the playoffs? Besides I find it hard to believe a Suns fan was ever on the Dirk bandwagon. He should have had it over Nash the year before anyway. sunsnash= 0 finals

you are correct i do feel NASH should have been the MVP that year but it is what it is, you know? once Dirk won it i (being a basketball fan) tried to be unbiased and give Dirk the benefit of the doubt, but i wasnt impressed! he has to be the WORST MVP that i have ever seen... Dirk is a GREAT roleplayer, but an MVP? c'mon that is a reach! see i am a Suns fan but i got no problem admitting someone on another team is good, and i watch as many NBA games as i can, i am not just bias to watch Suns games, i keep up on all the teams as i am a basketball fan...

i do like your point, Dirk was a regular season MVP and Howard was the playoffs MVP... i think at times us fans get the regular season mixed up with the playoffs ad if a guy has a bad playoffs we are all HE WAS THE MVP? nice point man!

Silent Mav
11-07-2008, 10:57 PM
The timing of giving out the MVP after the playoffs have started have a good deal to do with that. They should just hand out the awards as soon as the season is over before the playoffs start. Is there really any good reason to drag it out like they do?

And of course you are entitled to your opinion. But while Dirk may not be able to carry his team to a championship, he has taken them to the finals and has had more good playoffs than bad. I would hardly call him a role player. For both of his MVP's ( and many have called him winning 2 a sham ) Nash has yet to lead his team to a championship as well. Does that make him a roleplayer?

Mdog1
11-07-2008, 11:43 PM
That's just it, the Cavs don't really have anything to offer. Where would AV fit? You already have Damp and Diop doing about the same thing. And he's nowhere near starting pf material. Even if you bring him off the bench, I'm not sure Bass is starting pf material either.

Heonestly you are right we don't have young talent to give, we only have those expirings which will become valuable at the deadline when teams are struggling. Besides having Z Ben and Dirk in Cleveland would be way to much money for 3 bigs. AV played great tonight, alas he won't play this way the entire year.

gigantes
11-08-2008, 02:31 AM
just caught dirk tonight vs. the nuggets and he's still sensational even when he has a quiet game. whoever thinks he's slipping should have their head examined.

the dude's ability to put up a high quality shot while spinning, falling, fading or moving is unbelievable and will go down in NBA history. and he still has an amazingly fast move to the hoop for such a big, tall white guy.

dirk, kidd and green are about the only positives i see for this team right now. pretty-much everyone else seems to be either aging quickly (stack, terry a bit), near useless (diop, damp, wright) or is very disappointing considering they should be peaking (howard, bass).

NastaMaverick
11-08-2008, 02:45 AM
Your basing that off ONE game... because Terry is just as effective as any of them. Also Green just had a pretty good game today.

gigantes
11-08-2008, 02:56 AM
yea, you got me there. but surely you don't think dirk is the problem, do you?

NastaMaverick
11-08-2008, 03:07 PM
yea, you got me there. but surely you don't think dirk is the problem, do you?
Not really. Some of the dumb decisions he makes in the clutch cost us games, but I dont think he's the problem.

ThyGreatOne
11-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Amare would be a better fit for JKidd than Dirk. Amare loves to run and would be catching alley-oops left and right. He is a better compliment to Kidd. I honestly think this makes both sides better.
please tell me you all are joking right? you got to be? Amare for Dirk? why trade a true MVP candidate in Amare for a glorified role player? Dirk is soft man, this would be a terrible trade for the Suns, once Shaq is off the books Amare becomes the only low post threat we got, Dirk is not a consistent low post threat and would be a terrible addition to our team. there is NO way the Suns if not willing to trade Amare for KG last season will trade him for Dirk this season.

gigantes
11-09-2008, 10:02 PM
lol... another delirious suns fan whose brains have been scorched by the desert heat.

Glo41
11-10-2008, 03:25 AM
Omg the Dirk hating has hit an all time high! Dirk a role player? Oh man I've seen it all now. :roll:

Mdog1
11-10-2008, 07:26 PM
Dirk for Amare? lol Not only do the Suns get ripped off they also have to send someone else back in order for the salaries to match. Terrible terrible trade.

ThyGreatOne
11-10-2008, 11:41 PM
Dirk for Amare? lol Not only do the Suns get ripped off they also have to send someone else back in order for the salaries to match. Terrible terrible trade.
PREACH!! these "dallas" fans are entitled to their thoughts and ideas, but i will keep with mine, terrible trade idea for the Suns. keep Amare, let dallas keep its glorified role player!

gigantes
11-11-2008, 12:17 AM
i'm not a regular in this area but i'm pretty sure nobody here cares about the delusions of suns fans.

i recommend you try this same kind of nonsense in the lakers area if you really want some action.

Glo41
11-11-2008, 06:29 AM
PREACH!! these "dallas" fans are entitled to their thoughts and ideas, but i will keep with mine, terrible trade idea for the Suns. keep Amare, let dallas keep its glorified role player!
Yes I agree with you that no idiot would trade Amare for Dirk. He's younger and has the potential to have a better career then Dirk.

I guess some Phoenix fans are still angry that some "glorified role player" scored 50 on them and eliminated them from the 06 WCF almost single handingly.

Silent Mav
11-11-2008, 06:07 PM
I wouldn't worry about the Suns fan. When I brought up that Dirk had accomplished more than Nash, and that people thought his 2 MVP's were shams, and did that make him a role player, he didn't even respond. Or maybe seeing his stats this year without D'antoni and age creeping up, he knows it's true.

ThyGreatOne
11-11-2008, 08:04 PM
i'm not a regular in this area but i'm pretty sure nobody here cares about the delusions of suns fans.
the thing i dont get is i never called any of you any kind of names, never jump all over your MAVS and i been only saying one player on the team is good, but not great and is a glorified role player, yet you all feel the need to name call and try to make things personal, i dont understand that, if you want to have a nice good clean chat i am all for it. but you all seem incapable of that, well let me rephrase that some of you.

personally i think the MAVS in general are on a decline, as well as the Suns, much like one another we got older and the rest of the west has got better. much like one another we made trades for future Hall of Fame players, and yet to have gotten any real rewards in that. i dont really see what Cuban is doing upon making that deal for J. Kidd, yet maybe one of you can fill me in? from what i seen its not been all that great of a trade, then again the Suns didnt do to much after we got Shaq.

i do look for both teams to rebound this season and not be victims of trying to do to much in to short of time, neither team really gave its self a real shot by pulling off trades the caliber of which they did as late in the season as they did. i am curious to see what the Mavs do with a full year of J. Kidd.. thus far i am going to say so far so good for the Suns and the new coaching staff, i got more ideas on that matter but this is a Dallas Mavs forum and i am a "guest" so i will keep it as Mavs as possible.

do any of you see the possibility of someone being traded lets say by the trade dead line? is it to early in the season to even consider that? i am not totally against the Mavs trading Dirk, but i mean what are you going to get in return? you gave up a heck of a lot to get Kidd as it was. and all hazing aside Dirk is better then a glorified role player but i do not see him as a star, i think guys like him are as good as the team around them. you know what i mean? and him being your best weapon its natural his name is tossed out there as trade potential by the various media outlets. the only way trading Dirk will benefit the Mavs is to take on an expiring contract so they will have cap space to get some free agents. other then that i would venture to keep him, he is very talented and does a very good job with the players he is been surrounded by.

now as far as NASH is concerned, here is your reply. i think this new look offense and taking it a possession at a time is killing Nash's game, he needs to run, get out on the break and create, the offense Porter has us running is inside, outside, and a lot of set plays, its making Nash seem more and more ineffective to be honest, i think Nash is better suited for a Run and Gun team much like D'Antoni had when he was the coach, that offense was tailor made to maximize Nash and his abilities. the way things are now i feel Nash and his role has been reduced and you can tell he is not comfortable out there, look at the amount of turnovers he already has compiled. i hate to say trade Nash but if you are not going to run the offense in a way that makes him as much of a threat as possible then why keep him? i dont know about all this he will figure it out stuff, teams are finding ways to beat the Suns by making Nash a scorer and keeping him from being a play maker, its a fact we win less when Nash leads the team in scoring and his assists are down, now some of that is credited to the teams learning and getting better but i also feel its credited to the new system and offensive philosophy we got going out here.

feel free to reply and share your thoughts, i would love to hear them, sorry if i have offended anyone with the 'glorified' role player thing, like i said it was my ideas, and thoughts, not like i felt anyone here was going to share them lol!

gigantes
11-11-2008, 09:27 PM
the thing i dont get is i never called any of you any kind of names, never jump all over your MAVS and i been only saying one player on the team is good, but not great and is a glorified role player, yet you all feel the need to name call and try to make things personal, i dont understand that, if you want to have a nice good clean chat i am all for it. but you all seem incapable of that, well let me rephrase that some of you.
some decent analysis in the body of your post but i guess when you walk in some place with a chip on your shoulder and are unaware of it then you might be surprised at peoples' reactions to you.

i'm not even a mavs fan (i'm a kidd and a nets fan) and even -i- was offended by your classless and clueless comments about dirk. calling a former MVP a "glorified role player" in the mavs area is both disrespectful and clueless. but as you grow up and learn some basic manners and common sense i'm sure you'll be able to have the productive conversations you say that you are looking for.

ThyGreatOne
11-12-2008, 01:39 AM
but as you grow up and learn some basic manners and common sense i'm sure you'll be able to have the productive conversations you say that you are looking for.
hate to say it... but one might say the same thing about your comments... but at this point its a mute point... i'm already over your comments as they were meaningless and pointless to boot... you wanna talk basketball we can do that... you wanna trash talk, cool, if that is your thing, its whatever son

gigantes
11-12-2008, 01:56 AM
get a clue. i'm not the one who walked into a team area and started talking smack about one of their players.

CelticForce1349
11-12-2008, 04:54 PM
Hi guys, I am a Bulls fan. I am just wondering what it would take in your eyes to for the Bulls to acquire Dirk? Obviously, Rose is off-limits...

Can you give me an idea of what Mav's fans would think is fair?

GUS DIDDLES
11-12-2008, 10:08 PM
y would u want to trade dirk
but i have no problems taking him of ur hands
so i made a trade its really silly but trading dirk is just as silly

denver gets
dirk
tyrus thomas
joakim noah

dallas gets
k-mart
nene
ceddric simmons

the bulls get
jason terry

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3224~3030~3032~609~841~1713~51 5&teams=7~6~7~7~4~6~6&te=&cash=

that would make our team unstopable

billups/ac
jr/jones/weems
melo/kleiza/balkman
dirk/tyrus/birdman
noah/samb/hunter

anyway that piece of bull**** was fun while it lasted

Glo41
11-13-2008, 03:12 AM
some decent analysis in the body of your post but i guess when you walk in some place with a chip on your shoulder and are unaware of it then you might be surprised at peoples' reactions to you.

i'm not even a mavs fan (i'm a kidd and a nets fan) and even -i- was offended by your classless and clueless comments about dirk. calling a former MVP a "glorified role player" in the mavs area is both disrespectful and clueless. but as you grow up and learn some basic manners and common sense i'm sure you'll be able to have the productive conversations you say that you are looking for.
Exactly what I was going to say as I read his long post.

In my opinion though Dirk will not be traded especially this season. The only way I see him ever getting traded is if he demands a trade, and I don't see that happening.

NastaMaverick
11-13-2008, 04:48 PM
y would u want to trade dirk
but i have no problems taking him of ur hands
so i made a trade its really silly but trading dirk is just as silly

denver gets
dirk
tyrus thomas
joakim noah

dallas gets
k-mart
nene
ceddric simmons

the bulls get
jason terry

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3224~3030~3032~609~841~1713~51 5&teams=7~6~7~7~4~6~6&te=&cash=

that would make our team unstopable

billups/ac
jr/jones/weems
melo/kleiza/balkman
dirk/tyrus/birdman
noah/samb/hunter

anyway that piece of bull**** was fun while it lasted
:roll: We trade Terry and Dirk for Nene, Kmart, and Cedric Simmons? You high?

CelticForce1349
11-15-2008, 02:42 AM
Is there any trade that Mav's fans would want from the Bulls?

TakitoEspanoza
11-15-2008, 07:34 AM
whoever hacked your account is a genius

Glo41
11-15-2008, 07:42 AM
Sorry dude there's really no one the Mavs would want on your team for Dirk other than Rose.

CelticForce1349
11-15-2008, 08:32 AM
Sorry dude there's really no one the Mavs would want on your team for Dirk other than Rose.

Thanks for the response. I sort of figured Rose would be the guy to ask for. How could he not be the guy? lol.

Some of the other guys are good and have their own value of course, but not enough to soften the (possible) loss of Dirk.

I hope Dirk does end up some place that he can win a championship, he deserves it. Maybe things can still turn-around in Dallas another way?

Is it true that the Mav's don't have a pick in the draft this year? Was that part of the trade for Kidd?

ThyGreatOne
11-15-2008, 01:03 PM
seeing as the Mavs are sitting at 2 - 7 and things dont figure to get better anytime soon, i would venture to say Cuban is listening to offers... so we'll see how it plays out...

ConanRulesNBC
11-16-2008, 02:50 AM
Do the Bulls have anything good to offer the Mavericks (besides Derrick Rose)? Would you take Tyrus Thomas, Sefolosha, Larry Hughes (for his contract) and a first round draft pick for Dirk?

Edit: Nevermind... I just saw that it's been discussed. But would any Mavs fans like that trade? You get two players who still might develop into solid players, Larry Huges who's contract will be up and you can use that to sign someone and you get a first round draft pick.

Glo41
11-16-2008, 09:59 PM
Do the Bulls have anything good to offer the Mavericks (besides Derrick Rose)? Would you take Tyrus Thomas, Sefolosha, Larry Hughes (for his contract) and a first round draft pick for Dirk?

Edit: Nevermind... I just saw that it's been discussed. But would any Mavs fans like that trade? You get two players who still might develop into solid players, Larry Huges who's contract will be up and you can use that to sign someone and you get a first round draft pick.
Add another 1st round pick or 2 and then maybe, but even then I would think Cuban would say no.

ConanRulesNBC
11-16-2008, 10:58 PM
Add another 1st round pick or 2 and then maybe, but even then I would think Cuban would say no.

What about replacing Larry Hughes with Luol Deng? So you get Deng, Thomas and Sefolosha and a draft pick.

Glo41
11-17-2008, 05:39 AM
What about replacing Larry Hughes with Luol Deng? So you get Deng, Thomas and Sefolosha and a draft pick.
Definitely not considering Deng's loong contract and I'm not high on him at all. He's good but to me, he's a 3rd option at best.

Hughes expiring contract in 2010 is actually the only reason I would even think of it.

CelticForce1349
11-18-2008, 10:07 PM
Are any of you Dallas fans excited to hear that Cuban is talking to the Clippers about Kaman?

I think Dirk has good chemistry with Kaman (the most relaxed I have seen Dirk play since he shared a court with a younger Patrick Femerling.) I can't help but think Kaman would be a nice step up for the Mav's.

Glo41
11-19-2008, 07:14 AM
Are any of you Dallas fans excited to hear that Cuban is talking to the Clippers about Kaman?

I think Dirk has good chemistry with Kaman (the most relaxed I have seen Dirk play since he shared a court with a younger Patrick Femerling.) I can't help but think Kaman would be a nice step up for the Mav's.
Do you have a link for this?

If its true, I would love to have Kaman on the Mavs. Dallas would finally have a post presence and FINALLY a center who can score! :prays:

Huey Freeman
11-20-2008, 11:57 AM
What is Dallas in need of?