PDA

View Full Version : NBA2k9 reviews here!

Finn T-Mac
10-07-2008, 05:33 AM
So I thought to make a thread for those who get the NBA2k9 (xbox360) today or soon, so they can write their reviews for all of us. I should have time to read those cause if previous years tell me something is that the release date doens't keep here. So I'm going to get it in couple of weeks or months. :(

http://www.depts.drew.edu/jhc/stras400.gif

exaqtion
10-07-2008, 06:44 PM
So I thought to make a thread for those who get the NBA2k9 (xbox360) today or soon, so they can write their reviews for all of us. I should have time to read those cause if previous years tell me something is that the release date doens't keep here. So I'm going to get it in couple of weeks or months. :(

http://www.depts.drew.edu/jhc/stras400.gif

Lol sorry man, but I love the game. Ive always been a nba live game but this year I switched and im so glad I did. First off the Gameplay is soooo realistic that at times it gets un-fun lol. I probably only get about 10 dunks a game, and score only about about 90 a game (In which on live it would be about 30 dunks, 125 pts, and 20 steals). But some of the littlest details makes it good also, like how when you block a shot it only goes half way too the rim, in which on live every block shot is "THROWN".

But the online mode makes the game, the 5 on 5 is awesome, just the lagginess mess's the online play up.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
10-07-2008, 11:21 PM
i can't even guard Luke Ridnour in this game!

but then again, I do use the Nets and they suck across the board this year

XxNeXuSxX
10-07-2008, 11:36 PM

WHOAA WRONG NAME!!

exaqtion
10-08-2008, 12:28 AM

True, it's impossible to have a non-stop defense. I probably only average 4 steals a game, and 4 blocks.

WhiteMosɘs
10-08-2008, 01:03 AM
WHOAA WRONG NAME!!

VCDAPTW sighting!

Finn T-Mac
10-08-2008, 01:23 AM
I read (I think it was in ign) that they have made the gameplay more faster. Is there a difference from last year, cause I thought that the speed of the game was good last year so is it much faster? Also can someone answer to the question I posted on this thread: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104871

KeylessEntry
10-08-2008, 03:55 AM
The game is amazing. Overall a very solid improvement from last year. There are so many little things they made better that I dont really know where to begin. The players faces are amazingly lifelike. The physics engine seems much more realistic. The graphical flow of the game is much better (ie - the results of going for a blocked shot look realistic, instead of just clipping through the other players arm). The AI is much smarter than before, AI players come and set you screens, make cuts to the basket, etc.

My only 2 gripes are that they call charging way too often, and Kenny Smith got replaced by some random ********* as announcer.

El Kabong
10-08-2008, 07:03 AM
Looks like this may have to go on my Christmas list as I spend $100 on this game right now. Maybe I should just get the PS2 version for $30.

glidedrxlr22
10-08-2008, 10:43 AM
I played a couple of games last night. The graphics look sharper. A little more detail overall. I didn't get a chance at too many fast breaks...so the AI is improved. The stars play like stars. When I beat the Lakers, Kobe was taking all these difficult shots....making some too. The gameplay has been sped up a tad and it definitely feels better than last year's game. Also, players show more of their on-court antics.....such as pre-free throw rituals and foul call complaining. Overall the best basketball game out there.

Three things that irked me:

The game froze on me once. I experienced this with last year's game. If anyone else experiences this....do this.....when you start up your system, make sure the disc is not in there. Just hit eject and then turn the power on. Once you're in the 360 menu screen, just close the disc tray with the game still in it.

In between quarters they show this crowd scene that I couldn't skip over. Just a minor annoyance.

The in-game subbing didn't seem to be as easy as last year's version. It could just be that I'm not used to it yet.

Having said this, I still think it's an awesome game. Get it. Don't get Live 09.

GMAC
10-08-2008, 11:36 AM
IGN.com

NBA 2K9 - 8.5/10 (GREAT)

NBA Live 2009 - 6.5/10 (PASSABLE)

:oldlol: :oldlol:

Kebab Stall
10-08-2008, 12:30 PM
The game is amazing. Overall a very solid improvement from last year. There are so many little things they made better that I dont really know where to begin. The players faces are amazingly lifelike. The physics engine seems much more realistic. The graphical flow of the game is much better (ie - the results of going for a blocked shot look realistic, instead of just clipping through the other players arm). The AI is much smarter than before, AI players come and set you screens, make cuts to the basket, etc.

My only 2 gripes are that they call charging way too often, and Kenny Smith got replaced by some random ********* as announcer.
Thank God. I had to turn the announcer audio off in 2k8, because of how much retarded trash he says. It pissed me off so much when he said something.

KeylessEntry
10-08-2008, 01:17 PM
Thank God. I had to turn the announcer audio off in 2k8, because of how much retarded trash he says. It pissed me off so much when he said something.

There is no lack of retarded things the announcers say in 2k9. This new guy has almost all the same lines as Kenny did in 2k8. He told me I should double team sasha vujucic after he made 2 threes in a row.

Kebab Stall
10-08-2008, 01:22 PM
There is no lack of retarded things the announcers say in 2k9. This new guy has almost all the same lines as Kenny did in 2k8. He told me I should double team sasha vujucic after he made 2 threes in a row.
Looks like I'll be turning of the announcers in 2k9 aswell then.

Raj Da Dodge
10-08-2008, 08:46 PM
So I'm the same as some people on here, I've never played 2k games before, I've always played NBA Live games since 2004, I've been buying Live 2004 until 2007, this is going to be my first time playing NBA 2k, I'm so excited for it! I hope its awesome on the PS2, did/has anyone played the game on PS2?

FOYE4MVP
10-08-2008, 11:08 PM
any news about 2k9/live 09 on the ps2?

Raj Da Dodge
10-08-2008, 11:49 PM
any news about 2k9/live 09 on the ps2?
yea thats what I wanna know

MTing
10-09-2008, 12:01 AM
:oldlol:
Live annoucers are pretty bad also. I dont know if Steve Kerr got replaced or not but he always annoyed me in 06.

Raj Da Dodge
10-09-2008, 12:09 AM
Live annoucers are pretty bad also. I dont know if Steve Kerr got replaced or not but he always annoyed me in 06.
aww hell yea, steve kerr and marv albert sucked so much, I hated them so much, sometimes I just muted it so I didn't have to listen to their bs.

LJJ
10-09-2008, 10:53 AM
Soo, I read a few reviews, and let me get this straight:

-Presentation is still whack.
Last year I heard people saying 2k8 was the gameplay year and with 2k9 they were going to focus on presentation. But it still sucks? Association is still basic, menus still don't work, CPU still makes dumb trades, online doesn't work..etc

2k camera doesn't work
I read the 2k camera makes the framerate choppy. To the extent that it makes the game nearly unplayable.

CAP is more broken than last year
I always create myself in basketball players. But I can't because 2k decided you can't create white players anymore?

Are these problems as big as I think they are? Those are major dealbreakers for me.

chains5000
10-09-2008, 11:19 AM

Last year I heard people saying 2k8 was the gameplay year and with 2k9 they were going to focus on presentation. But it still sucks? Association is still basic, menus still don't work, CPU still makes dumb trades, online doesn't work..etc

2k camera doesn't work
I read the 2k camera makes the framerate choppy. To the extent that it makes the game nearly unplayable.

I always create myself in basketball players. But I can't because 2k decided you can't create white players anymore?

Are these problems as big as I think they are? Those are major dealbreakers for me.

LJJ
10-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Yeah. It looks like I've been owned by 2ksports.

i cant dunk
10-09-2008, 09:32 PM
i;ve been an nba live fan for years, not im not sure if i should switch to 2k sports... I just want a basketball game that is hard to score *not holding down the control stick foward and dunking...* pretty much like how a real nba game would be. From the comments here i think nba 2k9 is the way to go! But im still not sure, I never played 2k sports in my life and i hope its not too abusive. oh btw is there fantasy draft in this game? I love that! :)

i just switched from live to 2k this year and im loving it. to answer your question yes there is fantisy draft. i already constructed my team and i got butler as my star but he went down in the first game inthe third. i was making a hude comeback from 20 points. i was within 5 points i went on the fastbreak and got hammered hard it actually looked like it hurt. i ended up losing the game.

the servers online now are messed up though. so if your an online player then you might aswell just wait cuz its unplayable online at the moment but it will be fixed.

MTing
10-09-2008, 10:13 PM

2k camera doesn't work

What? lol You cant make white players?

10-09-2008, 10:28 PM
What? lol You cant make white players?
:roll: :roll: :roll:

WhySoInsecure?
10-09-2008, 10:43 PM
I've been a big fan of 2k since 2k1 and this game sucks.

1. it's a layup drill
2. I put it on all star and even then the other team doesn't miss a shot
3. teams average 130pts
4. association is trash
5. online is a mess
6. 2k cam might just give someone seizures (i played the game for 2 hours last night and my eyes turned red, has to do with the flashing menus too.)
7. Full of obvious bugs that pop up the minute you start playing the game which means that they released it knowing that it's all ****ed up.

It's probably the last video game i ever buy, i only play sports games and that it for me. might as well sell my xbox

out|hoops|side
10-09-2008, 11:03 PM
Unrealistic at times, but I like the game. Many of the moves seem like real-life ones. Although there are a few where the player just accelerates super-quickly and dunks or blows by someone which seems ridiculous. Adjusting the sliders helps with many problems, except for the few unrealistic moves.
I don't think it is the best 2k could have done, and next year I will for sure rent around before I purchase a basketball game.

WhiteMosɘs
10-10-2008, 12:28 AM
The game so far has been a lot of fun. I've played only two games. The commentating isn't really noticeable (maybe cuz my brother and I talk a ton of sh i t) the graphics and animations look good, and I like the gameplay a lot. The new defense seems good.:applause:

Finn T-Mac
10-10-2008, 02:48 AM
I haven't got my copy yeat and I'm starting to wonder if I will. I liked the last year's version and the only thing I would like to buy this new is that I would get new rookies and new the Sonics would be Thunder. I know the gameplay is better but for those who have the new one a have a question or couple!

Does CPU make subs in 7 minute quaters? And can you create white players? And what about the eyebrow thing? I ask these because someone wrote in 2k forum that CPU doesn't make subs and you can't create white players. Or was the user total :hammerhead:

Might sound stupid things to ask but important to me cause I was thinking that this would be the last NBA2k game and in the future create my own rookies. And I think there will be some white players . And it would be really stupid if CPU doesn't make subs during the 7 minute quaters what I use!! Please answer! (posted this to nba forum also)

Crazy Style
10-13-2008, 06:31 AM
2. I put it on all star and even then the other team doesn't miss a shot

This is exactly what pisses me off! I put on Pro and I play damn good, but then when you put on All Star even bad teams look better than they are in real life. I can not believe there are two harder difficulties (Super Star and Hall of Fame). Skill level got tougher in 2k9. If you don't play really good defense than you'll get burned fast in this game. 2k8 wasn't as tough even in higher difficulty. Some of the shots the computer makes are ridiculous!

I still like the game though. It's at least a hell of a challenge.

PhillyPhilly80
10-13-2008, 09:13 AM
I have no idea what half of you that are bashing the game are talking about. I've been playing NBA 2k games since they were released and this one is just plain AWESOME! The presentation is probably the best it has been in years. I'm currently 7-3 in my Association with the Sixers! There have been some weird trades so far (ex: Jameer Nelson for Mike Conley) but either way I'm digging this game!

ukballer
10-13-2008, 09:15 AM
Any of y'all bought/tried out the PC version yet? Game comes out here on the 17th (I think) and I've pre-ordered the PC version. I haven't got a PS3 or 360 yet, and I spend a lot of time using my laptop for gaming as it is, so just made sense.

Crazy Style
10-13-2008, 07:02 PM
I have no idea what half of you that are bashing the game are talking about. I've been playing NBA 2k games since they were released and this one is just plain AWESOME! The presentation is probably the best it has been in years. I'm currently 7-3 in my Association with the Sixers! There have been some weird trades so far (ex: Jameer Nelson for Mike Conley) but either way I'm digging this game!

If I may ask what difficulty are you playing and are you doing the full 82 game season or less?

The game is still the best 2k title to date and I'm sure I'll enjoy it more as a I play more of it.

Finn T-Mac
10-14-2008, 04:12 AM
Could someone try this who has 2k9 on Xbox 360, doesn't take long. Make a lineup change, move some superstar starter, like LeBron, to sixth man and start a new season mode and simulate couple games. Does CPU move him back to starting lineup or not?

I've been complaining and asking about this many times without an answer. Reason why I ask, is that I like the rosters to stay the way I make them. Like last season with 2k8, I moved Oden from starting lineup to reserves cause he didn't play the last season. But when you start new season CPU moves him back to starting lineup :banghead: Same with Ginobili being the sixth man and CPU moves him to starting rotation. Only way lineups stay the way I make them is in exhibition and playoff mode.

And I would like to know is Arenas in the game injured and if so, can you play so he isn't in offline game? Cause I don't have Live so I'm not able to get roster updates.

bdreason
10-14-2008, 05:04 AM
Game is awesome.

If you feel like it's too easy to score inside, just adjust the slider.

What's funny is I remember everyone bytching about missing layups and close shots in 2K8.

Heretik32
10-14-2008, 05:58 AM

Funny thing is the new guy obviously has to read Kenny's EXACT lines. Unintentionally hilarious if you've played last year's version.

From what I've seen so far, it's in the little things. Most of the annoying stuff from last year is gone, and the little tweaks I've seen so far are really nice.

LJJ
10-14-2008, 06:03 AM
Funny thing is the new guy obviously has to read Kenny's EXACT lines. Unintentionally hilarious if you've played last year's version.

From what I've seen so far, it's in the little things. Most of the annoying stuff from last year is gone, and the little tweaks I've seen so far are really nice.

I hate that you guys have it.

Can't find a copy.

Finn T-Mac
10-14-2008, 06:33 AM

Can't find a copy.

I hate that no one is answering my questions :rant

chains5000
10-14-2008, 11:09 AM

Can't find a copy.
Well, I got a copy but my XBox went RRoD, so...:banghead:

LJJ
10-14-2008, 02:21 PM
Well, I got a copy but my XBox went RRoD, so...:banghead:

I feel for you. At least I'll be playing the game friday.

chains5000
10-14-2008, 04:38 PM
And PES 2009 is out this week too!:banghead: