PDA

View Full Version : Zoom LeBron V vs Hyperdunks

baller94
10-10-2008, 07:47 PM
Hi...I need new shoes, and i've decided to buy one of these shoes. But I can't decide. Can anyone please tell me the pros and cons of each, and which one would be better for me?

I'm 14, play competitively and I play SF.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, and if you think there are better shoes out there, please tell.

WhiteMosɘs
10-11-2008, 01:09 PM
I haven't used the Vs, but in my opinion the Hyperdunks are the best shoe on the market right now. They're incredibly light and durable, they provide great cushioning and perfect support. I can't really compliment them enough. It feels like you're not wearing a shoe at all [cliche].

Oh yeah, and they look badass. :D

lilojmayo
10-12-2008, 12:27 AM
GET JORDANS ALL CATS WHERE JORDANS at least for off the court on the court get some team jordans they the best for on the court play f hyperdunks

baller94
10-12-2008, 02:17 AM
Yeah, I was also thinking of getting the Jordan CP3 shoes but I somehow narrowed it down to the Hyperdunks and the Zooms. lilojmayo if you have the CP3 shoes how do they play?

WhiteMoses, I heard from a friend who owns Hyperdunks that the LunarLite Foam (or something like that) wears off after a couple of uses. Does that affect gameplay at all?

Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated. Keep them coming.

WhiteMosɘs
10-12-2008, 02:37 AM
Yeah, I was also thinking of getting the Jordan CP3 shoes but I somehow narrowed it down to the Hyperdunks and the Zooms. lilojmayo if you have the CP3 shoes how do they play?

WhiteMoses, I heard from a friend who owns Hyperdunks that the LunarLite Foam (or something like that) wears off after a couple of uses. Does that affect gameplay at all?

Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated. Keep them coming.

No, the foam hasn't worn down and I've had them for over a month maybe, and I ball or workout in them everyday.

baller94
10-13-2008, 01:29 AM
Hehe, that's a relief. I'm leaning towards the Hyperdunks for now.

jamal99
10-13-2008, 07:31 AM
Hyperdunks...
I wanted to buy them, but here in Serbia they are like 250$... and i bought this ones, just in different colour for 190$
http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp/@0_mall/skit/cabinet/00508258/img55312664.jpg

baller94
10-15-2008, 01:51 AM
Whatare those shoes, jamal99? I know a friendwho has them but how do they play?

jamal99
10-16-2008, 12:17 PM
Whatare those shoes, jamal99? I know a friendwho has them but how do they play?
very comfort, lightweight, protect the ankles well...

Mamba
10-18-2008, 10:36 AM
there zoom bball 1s or 2s i can't remember which version they are.

just wait a month for the lebron 6's, or if u can't for that long get the hyperdunk. the V's were the best performing shoe ever until the hyperdunk came out.

Russian Rocket
10-18-2008, 04:36 PM
In Soviet Russia, LeBron Hyperdunks YOU!

jamal99
10-19-2008, 09:48 AM
In Soviet Russia, LeBron Hyperdunks YOU!
wtf?

Samurai Swoosh
10-21-2008, 03:04 PM
Hyperdunks, by a country MILE.

I just can't hoop in LeBrons kicks. Either visually they are too bland, the exception being the IV, which also happened to feel like Mafioso type conceret shoes they used kill people with back in the 30's ... or performance wise just aren't very good.

I've owned a pair of LeBrons from every major release. I'm giving up on this years. Seems like a rip off of the LeBron III's visually. And I don't trust them to be light enough or durable enough to hoop with anymore.

Hyperdunks is the next phase in evolution for Nike.

bballer
11-11-2008, 08:57 PM
my team getting these this year

http://i.tsn.com/i/photos/20080725/93182.jpg

dwight20-20
11-11-2008, 10:47 PM
my team getting these this year

http://i.tsn.com/i/photos/20080725/93182.jpg
same here, we ordered them and they should be coming next week

bballer
11-11-2008, 11:30 PM
same here, we ordered them and they should be coming next week
what type of jerseys do yall have. we just got free nike jerseys. one of our assistants has MAD hook-ups. we have sweet shooting shirts aswell

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd327/xtarheelsx/Picture1-4.png
http://www.eastbay.com/images/products/large_w/0288801_w.jpg
and these new balls

dwight20-20
11-11-2008, 11:41 PM
we just got new jerseys this year too. they are nike and i cant find a picture but they are just like ohio states but royal blue and white. and our shooting shirts are short sleeved royal blue with the right shoulder in black.

freegamer300
11-12-2008, 07:16 PM
My team has the sickest warmups they are like the globe trotters with the stripes down the side exept they are black and orange our school colors.

bdreason
11-13-2008, 11:21 PM
I have the CP3's, and I also use the Team Jordan Strong Ray Allens. They are a little heavy, but have great ankle support and haven't broken down in 2 years of play.

I really like the CP3's... but I've considered getting Hyperdunks also.

Alan
11-15-2008, 02:46 PM
I played with LeBron V for 1.5 months (before they broke down, lol) and I must say, those were the most comfortable basketball shoes I've ever worn. They just made you jump higher, or atleast it seemed that way.

As for Hyperdunks, I tried them on in a store, but they are kind on too slim and I didn't have that "best shoe ever" feeling.

crisoner
11-15-2008, 10:07 PM
Hyperdunks are the best shoes I ever played ball in period.

So Hyperdunks.

Burgz
11-16-2008, 11:07 PM
i want hyperdunks too
but i love my jordan 11's, perfect on my feet
anyone in Toronto know where i can get hyperdunks for cheap?

lakers_fan4life
11-17-2008, 08:29 PM
i wish my team was getting the hyperdunks but instead we are getting the lebron soldier or something

haha i hate them

Dat1
11-17-2008, 10:32 PM
My college team has the Hyperdunks. They are kinda slim but very light. Lebrons always seem like im wearin boots instead of gym shoes though.

KNOW1EDGE
11-18-2008, 01:51 AM
I will never buy a pair of LeBrons ever again, they weigh more than my Timbs.

The Hyperdunks are the best basketball shoe ever, but they wear out after about 10 uses.

I work for Nike, and the best basketball sneaker we make right now IMO is the Hurache. Lightweight, comfortable, gives you a cushy-like step, good support and looks good too.

http://www.myairshoes.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/nike-huarache-08-bball.jpg

Zak
11-18-2008, 08:46 AM
The best basketball shoes I have ever played in are the T-mac 5s, if i could find another pair of these things i would buy them without hesistation.

too bad, i had them in 7th grade in size 11.5, and I wear 13 nows.

dwight20-20
11-27-2008, 02:01 AM
I will never buy a pair of LeBrons ever again, they weigh more than my Timbs.

The Hyperdunks are the best basketball shoe ever, but they wear out after about 10 uses.

I work for Nike, and the best basketball sneaker we make right now IMO is the Hurache. Lightweight, comfortable, gives you a cushy-like step, good support and looks good too.

http://www.myairshoes.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/nike-huarache-08-bball.jpg

where can i find these shoes in this color? My school colors are royal blue and white but on nike.com you can either id them which costs 135 or get them in an ugly color for like 80.

bdreason
01-10-2009, 07:09 PM
Just got my Hyperdunks on Friday. :cheers:

Took a few weeks because I got the Bosh PE editions.... so sexy.

I only played in them once so far, but they are perfect for me. Light, slim fit, good ankle support.

SaS820
02-17-2009, 01:32 AM
I think that I'm going to go for Hyperdunks for next year, but I've been reading some problems about their longevity. Can anyone who owns a pair tell me if they last or if they breakdown pretty quick?

H2whoa
02-17-2009, 11:37 AM
I think that I'm going to go for Hyperdunks for next year, but I've been reading some problems about their longevity. Can anyone who owns a pair tell me if they last or if they breakdown pretty quick?
Wait a couple months for the hyperlites/hypermax. Nike claimed to have fixed a couple things including the lunarlite

Kebab Stall
02-17-2009, 02:07 PM
I own a pair, but I've only worn them three times in the space of 2 months, due to being afraid of them wearing out too quick. So I'm trying to make them last. I also wear a pair of Nike Max Elite II, which are more durable.

If you're a heavy guy then they'll wear out quicker. Some people have complained about the shoes bottoming out and some have complained about the lunar foam tearing. This is because the lunar foam stuff that they have used, whilst gives you great comfort and is extremely light (the shoe only weighs something like 13oz), is quite weak. Hense the short life span.

Personally, I think they're are a very good basketball shoe. Comfortable, light and very snug. I feel like I get excellent grip from the shoe, whereas others have complained about the grip of the shoe.

I might buy a pair of 2k9's or 2k8's when the prices drop a bit and my Hyperdunks wear out a bit more.