PDA

View Full Version : UK guy Stuart Tanner beats Devin Harris in streetball

PaperClip
10-12-2008, 02:24 AM
Watch the Devin Harris Stuart Tanner video (http://www.insidehoops.com/basketball-video.shtml#oct15_dharris)

And here's an October 16 InsideHoops.com interview with Devin Harris where he responds to what happened: http://www.insidehoops.com/devin-harris-interview-101608.shtml

Beebo
10-12-2008, 02:29 AM
Haha that was nice!

Day La Ghetto
10-12-2008, 02:32 AM
not defending him but d wasnt manned up at all. dont think he expected white dude to have half the game he had.

DuMa
10-12-2008, 02:39 AM
when devin cant flop and get a ref to bail him out, hes gonna be in trouble.

Valliant13
10-12-2008, 04:33 AM
He caught him off guard for sure. Devin handled the whole thing pretty decently...seems like a solid guy.

brandonislegend
10-12-2008, 05:04 AM
devin harris seems like a chill dude

we all know he would ball his ass up if he was trying dont kid yourself

ukballer
10-12-2008, 05:07 AM
Nice to see we are hiding some gems somewhere! :lol

Obviously wouldn't happen that often but still was awesome to see :rockon:

Nice vid, I'll be seeing Devin and the rest of the Nets at the O2 tonight, can't wait!

1000yearsofPAIN
10-12-2008, 05:55 AM
where in London are those courts? Devin got hustled, it reminded me of white men can't jump, the guy in the youtube video one of the comments said shooting was the best part of Stu's game, so I think Stu missed really badly on purpose to get Devin to underestimate him. I also gaurantee you that after Stu hit that fade shot that looked lucky on him earlier Devin Harris wasn't about to let something like that to him happen again. Then Stu unleashed his full skill and dominated. Of course none of that would work in an NBA game, and Devin's bigger, and quicker and more of a team player, but one v one he got dominated by a little 5'8" white dude from England.

dhenk
10-12-2008, 06:00 AM
:oldlol:

RobboUK
10-12-2008, 06:23 AM
he did us proud

Kebab Stall
10-12-2008, 07:08 AM
Isn't Stuart Tanner the creator of Streetball.co.uk?

LJJ
10-12-2008, 08:19 AM
He scored the first and I thought that was it. But then it gets so much worse. :lol

DatZNasty
10-12-2008, 09:42 AM
Color me unimpressed. I scored on an NBA player before. They're really not as invincible as many think and if they were playing a full game, going to like 12, as soon as dude missed I doubt he would even get the ball back because he'd have no chance staying in front of DH

rknine15
10-12-2008, 12:30 PM
see never underestimate someone. Well at least Devin learned a lesson.

Mississippi
10-12-2008, 12:34 PM
Color me unimpressed. I scored on an NBA player before. They're really not as invincible as many think and if they were playing a full game, going to like 12, as soon as dude missed I doubt he would even get the ball back because he'd have no chance staying in front of DH
Spill the beans! Who'd you score on?

rknine15
10-12-2008, 12:35 PM
LOL you hear the old black guy at the end "its not as bad as Lebron though":roll:

JJ81
10-12-2008, 12:37 PM
That white guy would be in a coma right now if that was Artest

SHEED_ gangsta
10-12-2008, 12:37 PM
pshhh Sheed would've blocked him so hard the ball would burst

bigkingsfan
10-12-2008, 12:39 PM
Getting school by Danny Tanner's cousins, in a sweater and jeans. :no:

Meticode
10-12-2008, 12:43 PM
Devin Harris looks pretty respectable. He took it pretty well and I started laughing when he's like "He must be watching some And1 stuff, I thought we were on a playground."

step_back
10-12-2008, 12:52 PM

Nice vid, I'll be seeing Devin and the rest of the Nets at the O2 tonight, can't wait!

Mate that was stu tanner brother of greg tanner. if you don't know who they are you have been living under a rock for the last 8-9 years. Greg ran one of the biggest streetball sites in europe he is also the person opperating the camera.

Luol deng used to play against them before he went stateside.

heres a link http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=l5sjGUkVHFE

thats my old home ground btw.

Meticode
10-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Mate that was stu tanner brother of greg tanner. if you don't know who they are you have been living under a rock for the last 8-9 years. Greg ran one of the biggest streetball sites in europe he is also the person opperating the camera.

Luol deng used to play against them before he went stateside.

heres a link http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=l5sjGUkVHFE

thats my old home ground btw.

Maybe people don't religiously follow streetball? I never even heard of Stuart or Greg before this video.

GOBB
10-12-2008, 01:05 PM
Ok i watched the vid. First shot? Luck, so i paused and came close to posting. So i proceeded to watch and the 2nd play even made me laugh and say oooooh in my home. Cot damn that was hilarious. I hope next game NJ plays on TNT they show this clip. Tight jeans, sweater hahahahaaaaa

step_back
10-12-2008, 01:07 PM
Maybe people don't religiously follow streetball? I never even heard of Stuart or Greg before this video.

because you live in america, as a bloke from the u.k not hearing of greg tanner one of the most popular basketball journalist who has interviewed the likes of michael jordan comes as quite a shock. I'm not taking a pop at ukballer but im just surprised that living in england and following basketball he hasn't heard of them before.

and BTW I don't even follow streetball

Meticode
10-12-2008, 01:11 PM
because you live in america, as a bloke from the u.k not hearing of greg tanner one of the most popular basketball journalist who has interviewed the likes of michael jordan comes as quite a shock. I'm not taking a pop at ukballer but im just surprised that living in england and following basketball he hasn't heard of them before.

and BTW I don't even follow streetball

Maybe he doesn't follow journalists.

GOBB
10-12-2008, 01:12 PM
Greg? Stuart? Never heard of them. Funny sounding UK'ers hahaa

JtotheIzzo
10-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Devin handled that pretty well. He couldn't have seen the between the legs coming. His attitude made a positive out of a potentially embarrassing situation.

step_back
10-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Maybe he doesn't follow journalists.

you clearly don't understand what im saying. Basketball in the U.K is not popular, it's a small community of maybe only a few thousand people. A lot of people would have heard of each other just by playing the sport and playing agaisnt each other. It's like living in a very small town and not knowing the local sheriff or priest. Like I said I'm not having a go at ukballer im just surprised he seems to never have heard of them.

ukplayer4
10-12-2008, 01:28 PM
THATS MY BOY STU!

few things....

hes a street ball legend round these parts- south london. i ball with him all the time.

i cant believe you english guys dont know stu tanner, streetball.co.uk which is/was run by greg tanner(stu's brother)used to feature videos of him all the time messing people up with the killer handle.

stu is a baller his handles and jump shot are serious but hes never made it to the pros, mainly due to a rep of not getting on with coaches. american guards that stu used to outplay were giving pro contracts over him back in like 02-03 when he was trying out for bbl.

step_back is exactly right- in the uk pretty much EVERYONE(all the ballers) know each other, personally or by reputation.

Kebab Stall
10-12-2008, 01:39 PM
THATS MY BOY STU!

few things....

hes a street ball legend round these parts- south london. i ball with him all the time.

i cant believe you english guys dont know stu tanner, streetball.co.uk which is/was run by greg tanner(stu's brother)used to feature videos of him all the time messing people up with the killer handle.

stu is a baller his handles and jump shot are serious but hes never made it to the pros, mainly due to a rep of not getting on with coaches. american guards that stu used to outplay were giving pro contracts over him back in like 02-03 when he was trying out for bbl.

step_back is exactly right- in the uk pretty much EVERYONE(all the ballers) know each other, personally or by reputation.
So it's Greg who created streetball.co.uk? I knew one of them did, just wasn't sure which one it was.

Is streetball.co.uk still going? I was a fan a few years back.

step_back
10-12-2008, 01:41 PM
THATS MY BOY STU!

few things....

FINALLY! someone gets it! if you have/had played ball chances are someone will know you/of you. Even if you don't play at a high level.

P.S kebab stall nah the site isn't running anymore. Try basketball247 though a few ppl are still on there. im under the same name.

GOBB
10-12-2008, 01:43 PM
Stu Tanner is UK's and1 bballer. No wonder. Lessens the hype of this duel now.

Thought this was some avg funny talkin, tight jean/sweater wearing joe

The Ownage
10-12-2008, 02:18 PM
They're from South London? How comes I haven't heard of them? That's messed up lol.

Nets fan 93
10-12-2008, 02:32 PM
Link here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ysv3v7uXblw)
Lets see that white kid do this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TnMBBylLIM

Nets fan 93
10-12-2008, 02:35 PM

guess it is to late to ask for pics :cry:

picc84
10-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Link here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ysv3v7uXblw)

:oldlol:

GMAC
10-12-2008, 03:14 PM
I'm surprised Devin didnt flop

poeticism707
10-12-2008, 03:18 PM
when devin cant flop and get a ref to bail him out, hes gonna be in trouble.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
You my good sir (or madam), have seen Devin Harris (and the Mavs, as likely as not) in action!

GOBB
10-12-2008, 03:22 PM
I'm surprised Devin didnt flop

Read the thread next time. Thats been answered.

jbot
10-12-2008, 03:32 PM
eh. devin would wipe the floor w/ that guy in a real game.

Sneak
10-12-2008, 03:34 PM
Gotta love Stu man, this guy is serious.

I don't think anyone is saying Stu in a regular situation would be able to beat Devin, but give him props.

Shame Stu's never been able to get into the professional leagues anywhere, he's a very talented player.

Oh, also, I don't know if anyone remembers the original SLAM "The Streetball Edition" look at all the names of Streetballers listed along the edges of the pages, you'll find Stuart Tanner among them.

WhySoInsecure?
10-12-2008, 04:10 PM
Oh, also, I don't know if anyone remembers the original SLAM "The Streetball Edition" look at all the names of Streetballers listed along the edges of the pages, you'll find Stuart Tanner among them.
I don't know if anyone cares.

lilojmayo
10-12-2008, 04:35 PM
damn we be making ourself look silly for reall

Sneak
10-12-2008, 06:36 PM
I don't know if anyone cares.
Why so insecure?

amfirst
10-12-2008, 06:47 PM
That was funnie when DH was trying to school him on how to shoot the ball with the wind blowing, then got schooled himself. :lol

stephanieg
10-12-2008, 07:02 PM
At first I was wondering what the big deal was. I mean wow, he shot over him, big deal.

And then... :roll:

Darius
10-12-2008, 11:12 PM
lol, funny vid.

That was a Woody Harrelson (sp?) White Men Can't Jump style hustle.

Samurai Swoosh
10-12-2008, 11:22 PM
Seriously. Elite levels is more than about scoring every once in awhile. You see Will Chandler throw a dunk down on Jermain O'Neal? I've scored on that guy coutnless times. As well as a few other NBA players.

dhenk
10-13-2008, 11:59 AM
I found this video of streetball.co.uk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5591fREir0g&feature=related

No wonder he could do that if he

CrowninMe
10-14-2008, 02:48 AM
This video is hilarious. Just for the fact that an NBA player can get owned like this by some random guy off the street. Devin, you got owned!!!! hahhahhah. love it.
http://hoopsoup.com/2008/10/13/random-guy-in-sweater-and-jeans-owns-devin-harris/

Milkman
10-14-2008, 02:50 AM
Shaq got traded to Miami!

DCL
10-14-2008, 02:52 AM
and kg's going to boston!

HisJoeness
10-14-2008, 03:00 AM
this just in. . .men have penises

stax
10-14-2008, 04:05 AM
[QUOTE=dhenk]I found this video of streetball.co.uk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5591fREir0g&feature=related

No wonder he could do that if he

bdreason
10-14-2008, 04:34 AM
Pretty funny.

Play the game to 21 and let's see what happens though.

bdreason
10-14-2008, 04:41 AM
cancerous clownball. bunch of idiots worshipping false idols and copying moves verbatim without really understanding them. thankfully that stupid fad is finally dying here in britain. british basketball was already 20 years behind everyone else, i think those mixtapes and streetball.co.uk set us back another 10. thanks And1!

AND1 set US ball back as well.

Promoting style over substance. :no:

Sneak
10-14-2008, 05:32 AM
cancerous clownball. bunch of idiots worshipping false idols and copying moves verbatim without really understanding them. thankfully that stupid fad is finally dying here in britain. british basketball was already 20 years behind everyone else, i think those mixtapes and streetball.co.uk set us back another 10. thanks And1!
Have you watched much of the Streetball.co.uk stuff? Most of the guys featured are legit ballers who like to have fun at summer runs etc. Streetball Extreme did infinitely more damage, yeah the Streetball.co.uk guys like to do tricks etc, but at least they did them within the rules of the game, none of this travelling, carrying, crip walking, double dribbling hotsauce And1 stuff.

Basketball is behind in the UK because it doesn't have a big profile, not because Streetball.co.uk put some videos up on the internet of guys embarassing people. Greg Tanner has done more than the majority of people will ever do to raise the profile of basketball in the UK.

dhenk
10-14-2008, 05:38 AM

Bogus.

Style and Substance can perfectly coexist besides one another.

stax
10-14-2008, 05:58 AM
its not even a question of style vs substance, i don't know where you're getting those terms from after reading my post. i love playground basketball and i love stylish (legal) ball. its not even an issue. anyone who didn't like the way Magic Johnson, Pete Maravich or Earl Monroe played the game should consider getting a lobotomy. end of.

stax
10-14-2008, 06:37 AM
Have you watched much of the Streetball.co.uk stuff? Most of the guys featured are legit ballers who like to have fun at summer runs etc. Streetball Extreme did infinitely more damage, yeah the Streetball.co.uk guys like to do tricks etc, but at least they did them within the rules of the game, none of this travelling, carrying, crip walking, double dribbling hotsauce And1 stuff.

Basketball is behind in the UK because it doesn't have a big profile, not because Streetball.co.uk put some videos up on the internet of guys embarassing people. Greg Tanner has done more than the majority of people will ever do to raise the profile of basketball in the UK.

fair do's, i'm not here to throw insults at individuals. i have not watched much streetball.co.uk stuff but i saw what kind of ball they promoted on their website and what the values of their readers seemed to be. e.g. i have read greg tanner reporting with glee about how someone bounced the ball off the defenders forehead. streetball.co.uk preceded that SBX thing, albeit indirectly you could say. i've got nothing against tommy baker either, the entertainment-oriented stuff has its place under the 'umbrella' of playground basketball.

for better or worse their legacy is a generation of youngsters with slightly skewed attitudes. you cannot deny this because i have been meeting these kids for years. the first questions i used to get asked were 'can you dunk?' and 'what team do you play for?' now its 'do you know hot sauce?' and 'what tricks can you do?'

so not exactly a disaster really. i've probably blown this out of proportion by using words like 'cancerous' and saying we've been set back 10 years. a bit melodramatic on my part, sorry about that. the "streetball" thing has become a pet hate of mine.

anyway i really admire Brian McCormick for seeing the positives in the situation:

Subject: Fundamentally Flawed
By: Brian McCormick
January 5, 2004

Gym one. Player 1 walks into the empty gym, turns on the lights and puts the ball down. P1 stretches, jogs and does some light plyometric/footwork drills. Player 2 enters the gym, jogs to get loose and does the same warm-up, while P1 does the Mikan Drill. When P2 is done warming up, P1 and P2 start basic shooting drills; passing and closing out on the shooter and rebounding one’s own shot. They start with mid-range jump shots, no further than the free throw line. Player 3 arrives, gets loose and joins a three-person shooting drill. When Player 4 arrives, P1 and P2 work together and P3 and P4 work together. P1 and P2 finally extend the range on their jumpers. When they have six players, they play three-on-three.

Gym two. P1 walks in the gym dribbling the ball and throws a three-pointer at the rim. He walks after the rebound, dribbles back to the three-point line and throws another shot at the basket. P2 enters and P1 shows off some And 1 move. P2 takes a three-pointer, and then they play one-on-one, dribbling and dribbling and dribbling before shooting. As more players enter, half court shots are attempted, balls are throws off the walls and double-pump three-sixty lay-ups are practiced.

These are two examples illustrating the difference between the European/International player and the American player. I was at the middle school in the town where I coached in Sweden one day after our practice when I witnessed the first scenario, a group of girl players between the ages of 16 and 25, some good, some not. The second example took place tonight at a local high school as I conducted a workout on the other half of the court and involved freshman, junior varsity and varsity players at the high school.

People point to the sagging shooting percentages in professional basketball, blaming hundreds of factors, but I always come back to these two examples. I can’t help but trace the problem to its origin.

Americans excel in individual defense, ball handling and one-on-one play because we play more pick-up basketball and many players learn to play, or develop considerably, while playing on the playgrounds. International players excel in shooting and movement without the ball because they work together from the beginning, rather than constantly competing, as is the American way.

Playground (pick-up) basketball is great for learning toughness and for working on one’s individual game. However, these benefits must be complemented by additional skill work as well. Simply playing lots of basketball will not necessarily make one a great player. He must be smart, too, and use his court time wisely, practicing his weaknesses and further developing his strengths. Too many times, players take the court and lazily shoot around until a game starts. That is court time the player can use to improve his game, whether he works on form shooting close to the basket, ball handling drills, pull-up jump shots off the dribble, etc.

The And 1 Mix-Tapes are fantastic. I enjoy watching the tapes and use them in a practice environment. However, it appears some players (and I’ve seen this in Africa, Europe and the States) fail to understand the practice involved in mastering the moves of players like Skip To My Lou, Sick-With-It and Hot Sauce. In one of the “Street Ball” episodes, the Professor says Hot Sauce should be called the Energizer Bunny because he never stops dribbling. He always has a ball in his hands working on his handle. It doesn’t just happen.

Skip, Hot Sauce and the others spent a lifetime dribbling the ball and the Tour is the fruit of their labor. However, I see adolescents at the park trying to do one of the moves, but they can’t dribble the ball with their left hand. They cannot do a basic “Figure Eight” drill without staring at the ball, but they think they can pull off a move that took Hot Sauce years to perfect. Please, players, give these guys their due. They are not overnight successes. They work at their craft.

I, unlike many coaches, have no problem with players learning to do these moves which they will never use in an ordinary game. I think players who can do these moves will have a tight handle and unquestioned confidence with the ball. However, to be able to do these moves, players must first learn to handle the ball. They need a tight handle. And, players with a tight handle are few and far between. It starts with building control, doing drill after drill so the ball becomes an extension of the hand. Then, the player builds quickness, making game moves at game speeds with perfect control, the ball always in the fingers, not in the palm or the wrist. Once the player has a tight handle, then he can emulate his And 1 heroes because he will have the ability, and will need only to learn the creativity and the flair which make the And 1 Mix-Tapes entertaining.

Similarly, shooting the three is an important facet of today’s game. However, players, especially young players, who never venture inside the line to work on their shot never develop or progress properly. They learn to shoot with poor form and develop bad habits that become increasingly difficult to correct the more the player plays.

Every time a player starts shooting, he should start close to the basket and warm-up with some form shots to build proper form through repetitions. As the player progresses further and further from the basket, he should shoot with the same mechanics. If a player has different mechanics at twenty feet than he does at ten feet, he has flawed mechanics. The only difference should be in the leg drive which powers the shot.

Practice makes permanent. Every time a player practices, he either practices good habits or he develops bad habits. Players who excel and achieve greatness, reaching and exceeding their potential, discipline themselves and work on their fundamentals, practicing their shooting from close range, or doing “boring” ball handling drills to develop confidence, control and quickness. Students do not jump from addition and subtraction to calculus. There are steps and an educational process where skills build upon each other. Students with poor basic arithmetic skills will struggle with higher math. Similarly, basketball skills build upon each other and players need a strong fundamental base in order to develop more advanced skills and moves and to succeed at higher levels. International players understand the fundamental importance of proper practice, while many American athletes are fundamentally flawed despite superior athletic ability, toughness and aggressiveness.

http://www.lonestarbasketball.com/more/thought_4.htm

Sneak
10-14-2008, 07:16 AM
fair do's, i'm not here to throw insults at individuals. i have not watched much streetball.co.uk stuff but i saw what kind of ball they promoted on their website and what the values of their readers seemed to be. e.g. i have read greg tanner reporting with glee about how someone bounced the ball off the defenders forehead. streetball.co.uk preceded that SBX thing, albeit indirectly you could say. i've got nothing against tommy baker either, the entertainment-oriented stuff has its place under the 'umbrella' of playground basketball.

SBX is considered a joke by most people who have followed Streetball.co.uk (although sadly some of the Streetball.co.uk guys have migrated to SBX and inherited stupid nicknames since Streetball.co.uk has been fading) I've met and played with a lot of the players from both groups, all decent guys, but the thing that really separated them was that nearly every player who played for Streetball.co.uk had a win first attitude, to the extent that many people would site that (along with Greg getting too busy with his TV work to maintain it) as a major reason Streetball.co.uk gradually faded. While SBX were putting out a style over substance brand, Streetball.co.uk were entering legit tournaments and winning by having the most talented players, not just streetballers, guys who play good fundamental ball. With a shift in expectations of Streetball as a result of the development of AND1 into more of a show than a basketball event Streetball.co.uk's approach became more and more irrelevant to fans of the AND1 brand of streetball.

Thankfully SBX never really took off with people serious about basketball, having mostly a following of Kids with no interest in competitive basketball.

Anyway, gotta show Stu some respect for that. No doubt Devin would kill him in a serious 1 on 1, but Stu took his chance and showed Devin a little something about underestimating your opponent.

It's sad because I really prefferred Streetball.co.uk's mix of guys that could actually had decent fundamentals but the ability to mix in a bit of style with it over the style over substance approach of SBX.

dawsey6
10-14-2008, 08:04 AM
Well damn, chill. It's new to me, and funny as hell :lol

dhenk
10-14-2008, 08:16 AM
its not even a question of style vs substance, i don't know where you're getting those terms from after reading my post. i love playground basketball and i love stylish (legal) ball. its not even an issue. anyone who didn't like the way Magic Johnson, Pete Maravich or Earl Monroe played the game should consider getting a lobotomy. end of.

It was more of a general statement.

I have to agree, partly.

The thing is, even if it

ronnymac
10-14-2008, 10:28 AM
He obviously wasnt trying, but sweet handles by the kid

SLY
10-14-2008, 12:36 PM
http://www.viscerotica.net/pictures/commentary/repost.jpg

gts
10-14-2008, 01:28 PM
CrowninMe since you only have 4 posts i'll point out this is an extermely busy message board and a topic can fall to the 3rd or 4th pages on a busy day so take a little time and scan back a couple few pages to check and see if it has been posted... you'll also notice by the responses to your post the mentality of the board hovers around that of a 12 year old at times...lol

Samurai Swoosh
10-14-2008, 02:07 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/MitchMatch/34pdoqx.gif

deion2123
10-14-2008, 03:04 PM
shut up..Harris got humiliated by some prep

deion2123
10-14-2008, 03:07 PM
He obviously wasnt trying, but sweet handles by the kid
:lol I don't give a **** if you are trying are not...you never let anyone go between your legs..he got humiliated point blank..no excuses

MTing
10-14-2008, 04:18 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/MitchMatch/34pdoqx.gif
:roll:

millencolin735
10-14-2008, 05:09 PM
This is a funny clip, dude is quick. He really makes Devin look silly...I mean c'mon guys in his jeans and a v neck sweater, Devin all ready to ball...hahaha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ysv3v7uXblw

quasimoto
10-14-2008, 05:12 PM
Bring out ye dead.

The_Night_Elf
10-14-2008, 05:18 PM
All in good fun. Devin's a good sport.

loot
10-16-2008, 02:45 AM
"When I first went out there, they told me one of the Special Olympic kids wanted to play me one-on-one," Harris said. "So I went down there, said OK, shot jump shots or whatever.

"So he hit the first shot, and I was like, 'OK, he has a little talent.' Then he just whipped out the other thing - I was kind of confused at the point with all these dribbling moves, and before I knew it he threw it through my legs and laid it up.

"At that point it was time to go. So they had fun with it, they got me pretty good. I didn't expect it to be that popular, but it is what it is."

http://njmg.typepad.com/zzone/2008/10/harris-hot-97.html

Since 'insidehoops' is my personal assistant, and has been changing 80% of my topic titles as of lately, I'll let him decide which topic title suits this one.

out|hoops|side
10-16-2008, 02:57 AM
What is going on with insidehoops and your titles? Please explain.

angry22
10-16-2008, 04:35 AM
Humiliate Devin Harris (NBA player) in an outdoor stadium in London

Devin Harris, owner of the Nets base and one of the great talents emerging from the NBA, was humiliated by a street player in a 'playground' of London. The millionaire player for 25 years and 1.91 m. was caught by a boy named Stuart Tanner (a street basketball legend London) that it surpassed dressed in jeans and a jersey. Eye to 1:32 minutes of video.

http://www.sports-tube.com/watch/55ceb62d785c6b7f10a8/Devin-Harris-(NBA-player)-gets-humiliated

Lebron23
10-16-2008, 04:42 AM
This topic was already posted last week. :oldlol: :lol :roll:

bdreason
10-16-2008, 04:45 AM
Old news.

Play a game to 21 and see what happens.

KeylessEntry
10-16-2008, 04:50 AM
Breaking news! Shaq (NBA player) traded to Miami!!

Sneak
10-16-2008, 07:02 AM
http://njmg.typepad.com/zzone/2008/10/harris-hot-97.html

Greg on Facebook has denied this allegation from Devin about the Special Olympics stuff. Either way, it's pretty clear from watching Stu on the first play that he's not paralysed......Devin should have learned!

Article on Basketball247.co.uk (Greg Tanner's website)

http://basketball247.co.uk/gt/archives/00000010.shtml

ForceOfNature
10-16-2008, 09:14 AM
Thread #5 on this now? :sleeping

Posterize246
10-16-2008, 09:53 AM
Thread #5 on this now? :sleeping
but the first one today:pimp:

LJJ
10-16-2008, 10:09 AM
Old news.

Play a game to 21 and see what happens.
None of that "play a real game and see what happens" applies here. Harris got crossed up bad by a English amateur white boy in jeans.

He got SCHOOLED.

BeebCats
10-16-2008, 10:12 AM
None of that "play a real game and see what happens" applies here. Harris got crossed up bad by a English amateur white boy in jeans.

He got SCHOOLED.

The millionaire player for 25 years and 1.91 m. was caught by a boy named Stuart Tanner (a street basketball legend London) that it surpassed dressed in jeans and a jersey.

I wouldn't exactly say an amateur...

Sneak
10-16-2008, 11:47 AM
I wouldn't exactly say an amateur...
Stu doesn't get paid to play basketball and hasn't played competitively for 5 years.

So yeah, Amateur is correct.

BeebCats
10-16-2008, 01:17 PM
Stu doesn't get paid to play basketball and hasn't played competitively for 5 years.

Ok, technically amateur is correct, my mistake. Just when I think of the word, "inexperienced" comes to mind.

bdreason
10-16-2008, 02:44 PM

He got SCHOOLED.

Devin got caught off-gaurd.

I'm not trying to defend Devin, I don't really even like his game....

but having some streetball legend (hiding his identity) who you've never seen before 'trick' you into playing a game to 2 doesn't mean much.

Why didn't the guy challenge him in a game to 7? I mean, a game to 2? Never heard of that.

If Devin played D on me like he did that guy, I could score as well.

Funny vid, but it didn't mean anything, and you could tell by Devins reaction.

bdreason
10-16-2008, 02:47 PM

I find it hard to believe a "street legend" hasn't made money from playing over his basketball career.

iamgine
10-16-2008, 02:53 PM
I dont know what the big fuss is about. One-on-one, good streetball player can score on anyone as long as the defense isn't too physical.

Sneak
10-16-2008, 06:46 PM
I find it hard to believe a "street legend" hasn't made money from playing over his basketball career.
Believe what you want. UK is very different to US.

ihatetimthomas
10-16-2008, 06:56 PM

Please, please, please do not for one minute think that Stuart believes he is better than Devin. He and everyone else knows that Devin is in a whole different league (literally!!)
Stu is just a kid who loves the game...but due to some fairly serious health problems in recent years (he has the same condition that forced Dejuan Wagner to retire) hasn't made much noise. Not that the NBA would ever have been possible anyway!

http://basketball247.co.uk/gt/archives/00000010.shtml

From the article posted above by sneak. It was his bro explaining some things. Looks like his health is a factor in him being recognized.

El Seano
10-17-2008, 09:51 AM
SBUK! w00t!!!

I couldn't believe my ****in eyes when i saw this the other day! haha. Good for Stu glad to see he can still play but like Sneak's said you cant compare the two for obvious reasons.
Never knew that Stu was that well known before this video though. Now's he's gone viral :oldlol: Probably the last thing i ever expected to see on the net haha. Plus I'm with Sneak, Greg Tanner has probably done more for UK basketball than anybody else in the country. SBUK was a sick site, boards were legendary.

Sneak
10-17-2008, 10:19 AM
SBUK! w00t!!!

I couldn't believe my ****in eyes when i saw this the other day! haha. Good for Stu glad to see he can still play but like Sneak's said you cant compare the two for obvious reasons.
Never knew that Stu was that well known before this video though. Now's he's gone viral :oldlol: Probably the last thing i ever expected to see on the net haha. Plus I'm with Sneak, Greg Tanner has probably done more for UK basketball than anybody else in the country. SBUK was a sick site, boards were legendary.

They were indeed R.I.P the boards!

Man, it was a shame we didn't repeat the summer run from 2 summers ago, that was a great event.

insidehoops
10-17-2008, 10:55 AM
InsideHoops interview with Devin Harris where he responds to what happened:
http://www.insidehoops.com/devin-harris-interview-101608.shtml

Juanito_UK
10-25-2008, 05:51 PM
after all this nonesense with Devin lol I thought I'd get my old PC out and upload some footage of Stu to Youtube, just because I noticed there wasn't really anything out there.
anyway here you go.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETViord6ccQ

used to have an account on here but not sure what happened to it, I took part in the old toine shimmy thread as Sneak will vouch