PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Afflalo

Sonic R
10-12-2008, 07:35 PM
Well Afflalo has had a stunning pre-season thus far I'd say :D

Hope this is a sign of good things to come and hopefully he will be able to contribute

insidehoops
10-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Pistons bench needs to step up more than ever now that several key Pistons core players are getting old fast

dd24
10-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Chauncey definately does seem more injury prone now. I'd love to see Afflalo step up like he says he can. He had a good summer league too. I think we all know Stuckey is going to play quite a bit, but if something happens to Rip or Chauncey those other guys are going to get thrown right in the mix.

idizzle
03-20-2009, 04:40 PM
For anybody who didn't see the double 0T game Wednesday against the Rockets Arron Affalo went off for 24pts on 7-13 shooting, 4-6 from 3pt range and 6-6 from the FT line.

He had a 16pt game Tuesday against the Mavs on 6-12 shooting, and 4-7 from 3pt range.

Joe Dumars knows what he is doing when it come to drafting players. Afflalo and Stuckey are going to be a killer backcourt in the near future.

dd24
03-20-2009, 05:53 PM
Afflalo has been playing nice lately. He's stepped up with Rip and AI being injured. Imagine if we didn't have such a logjam at SG and he actually had opportunities to play all season long. It's one thing for a player to put up a couple nice games, I want to see what he can do for an entire season.

Sonic R
03-25-2009, 05:36 PM
Joe Dumars knows what he is doing when it come to drafting players. Afflalo and Stuckey are going to be a killer backcourt in the near future.

Meh

dd24
03-25-2009, 06:23 PM
I'm actually very disappointed with Maxiell. It seems like since it isn't a contract year anymore he just isn't stepping up. With all these injuries lately you would think he would be producing a little more. It's not like he isn't playing at all. Right now I wouldn't mind if we used him as trade bait. I think Amir has more upside. He does more of the intangible things. I don't think either one will be an all-star caliber player.

francesco totti
03-25-2009, 11:39 PM
Maxiell is just about dunking, nothing else.
Amir Jhonson is foul machine, he cant stay in a game more then 15 minutes.
Kwame is playing fine.
Dyess is stepping it up, but hopefully he isnt getting tired and be ready by playoffs.
Afflalo after 2 great games, he is back to earth lately..
Will bynum is playing great, and better then stuckey lately. This has to do with Stuckey being worn out IMO. It seems to me he needs a bit of rest.
Tayshaun prince is stepping it up again..

There is desperate need for the return of AI/RIP/Sheed or else Bulls will take that 7th spot.Their schedule is hell alot easier.

dd24
03-25-2009, 11:57 PM
I really like what the Bulls did at the trade deadline. They got a lot better. Salmons is a very under rated guy in the league IMO. Miller may be old but he's still got some game left. I think the Bulls have a very good chance of getting the 7 seed.

idizzle
07-11-2009, 10:19 AM
The Pistons could be trading Aaron

http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/2009/07/10/afflalo-a-nugget/

boozehound
07-11-2009, 01:53 PM
saw that **** in the main forum. I know we have too many guards, but for his salary, its not worth trading him. We arent going to get a decent big with 4 mil (since all the decent ones except milsap already signed).

detsportsfan3
07-11-2009, 03:01 PM
saw that **** in the main forum. I know we have too many guards, but for his salary, its not worth trading him. We arent going to get a decent big with 4 mil (since all the decent ones except milsap already signed).

Yup, if we are to trade him it better be for a young Center or something. And yeah, there isn't a big difference in talent between a 3 mil player and a 4 mil player.

dd24
07-11-2009, 03:34 PM
Is Joe D just trying to make the Nuggets better??? Why trade him instead of Maxiell? Also why is he trying to make a trade to sign someone who basically is Maxiell (Big baby Davis). Sure Davis is a bit better but they are both very similiar players.

Then we run into the what if he trades Rip scenario. Who would the back up SG be then? I don't see any reason to get rid of Afflalo at this point. He's not a guy who can be a starter in this league but he is a nice back up and we have him for a good price.

detsportsfan3
07-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Then we run into the what if he trades Rip scenario. Who would the back up SG be then? I don't see any reason to get rid of Afflalo at this point. He's not a guy who can be a starter in this league but he is a nice back up and we have him for a good price.

If he trades Afflalo he is pretty much saying he is keeping rip and Gordon will be the backup

dd24
07-11-2009, 04:13 PM
If he trades Afflalo he is pretty much saying he is keeping rip and Gordon will be the backup

Every team has a guy they pay 10 million for to be a backup right :lol That would be a brilliant move Joe D.......

detsportsfan3
07-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Every team has a guy they pay 10 million for to be a backup right :lol That would be a brilliant move Joe D.......

I hate pretty much every move Dumars has made this past year.

dd24
07-11-2009, 05:58 PM
I hate pretty much every move Dumars has made this past year.

I agree 100%. Although, I think Villaneava's contract did end up being for 35 million so that's not a bad deal. We just have to see if he can be the man down low for a team, since he's never really been the go to guy.

I think sometimes we are a little too nice to Joe D because we were such huge fans of him when he was on the court. Let's face it, to put together the team that won it took a lot of luck. There was no gaurantee those players were all going to blossom. Besides that he's had numerous bad drafts, bad signings, and bad trades. Don't get me wrong, there's a part of me that likes getting those unknown types of players for a good price. It's just you can't do that with every player you go after and then when you finally decide to spend some cash it's on a guy who should be a 6th man. Well, there's my little Joe D rant. I guess I'm just confused as to what his vision of this team is (will we keep Rip, etc, etc) and just a little upset in general.

dealer77
07-12-2009, 02:29 PM
as far as keeping rip, we wouldn't have been able to trade him until this point anyway. rip's wedding was this weekend, and nobody is that much of a d!ck to trade a guy away on his wedding day.

hopefully now though, we will see the resolution of this crowded backcourt and undermanned frontcourt conundrum...

dealer77
07-13-2009, 01:51 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-pistonstrade071309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

and he's gone, apparently. i wish we could have kept him, and instead traded rip to get a better big man, but that still might happen.

goodbye walter sharpe :cheers:

and hopefully... hello david lee? :rockon:

dd24
07-13-2009, 02:12 PM
I'd love to see Lee but I think he's trying to get way more money than we have to offer. If the Pistons offer him around 5 million the Knicks would be sure to match and we'd being doing them a favor.

Even though Afflalo is gone I still think they are going to try to trade Rip. Him for Boozer is good for us but not so good for Utah because Boozer contract expires and Rip is still under contract for a few years and they are trying to shed salary, not take it on. So I don't know if that will happen anymore without another team involved. I sure don't want to give up Prince like they wanted too.

This move probably gives us the money to sign Glen Davis..... wait don't we already have Summers, Daye, and Maxiell who both play the same spot....

detsportsfan3
07-13-2009, 02:32 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-pistonstrade071309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

and he's gone, apparently. i wish we could have kept him, and instead traded rip to get a better big man, but that still might happen.

goodbye walter sharpe :cheers:

and hopefully... hello david lee? :rockon:

:lol Goodluck getting Lee for $4.5 mil. Dumars is a complete moron. This move only makes sense if we were barely over the luxury tax or were close to signing a big name guy. But now with the extra WHOPPING $1.8m in cap space, we can go from sigining a mediocre player, to signing a less mediocre player!

boozehound
07-13-2009, 02:34 PM
Unless he is planning on using the cap space to take back more salary than he is senfing out in a trade, I agree. dumb move. You wont get a center as effective as afflalo is a guard for 3.5 mil. drew "dumbass" gooden here we come.

detsportsfan3
07-13-2009, 02:35 PM
This move probably gives us the money to sign Glen Davis..... wait don't we already have Summers, Daye, and Maxiell who both play the same spot....

And Maxiell, and wait... didn't we trade Amir who also played the same spot? The Amir and Afflalo trades saved a combined $3.5 mil. Davis will probably want $5m. So... Afflalo, Amir, Sharpe, cash considerations, and $1.5m in cap space for Big Baby and a (late) second rounder? TERRIBLE

detsportsfan3
07-13-2009, 02:39 PM
Isn't Gooden like 48 years old? Sharpe+Amir+Affalo for Oberto and Gooden? :lol Love this new kind of rebuilding where you get old players instead of young ones. Way to go Dumars!

detsportsfan3
07-13-2009, 02:45 PM
Also, this is pure bull**** how we are letting Denver take advantage of us.... AGAIN! A late 2nd rounder? GTFO! Even Denver fans were saying Afflalo actually had a chance of starting.... I'd ask for a future 1st from Denver, it would be close to where we drafted Afflalo anyways. Lets think about it this way, we about doubled our cap space through this trade. What if we were on the other end of the deal? Our 2nd rounder for two decent young players? I jump on that. Just wondering why these kind of trades never happen for us....

Wouldn't be surprised if people started calling him Joe Dumbarse if the pistons suck this year. And now that's... what? 8 roster spots? God.... 3 rookies coming up next year? Summers, Daye, and Washington I would guess? I don't dislike any of them but I'd rather see them get 30 mpg in the D-league instead of 2 in the pros.

dealer77
07-13-2009, 03:05 PM
now, call me a j@ckass if that's what i am, but how about this for a deal...

NY gets:
Rip
Kwame Brown

DET gets:
Chris Wilcox
David Lee

I think there is some way a sign and trade could be worked out like this. New York gets an expirer in Kwame, a legit SG that they haven't had for a while, and we get 2 good bigs. Obviously, Lee is better than Wilcox, but I consider Wilcox an upgrade over Kwame, as I think most people do.

Stuckey/Bynum
Gordon/Washington
Tay/Daye/Summers
Lee/Villanueva/Maxiell
Wilcox/Jerebko(who is apparently a 5 now)

Possible?

detsportsfan3
07-13-2009, 03:18 PM
now, call me a j@ckass if that's what i am, but how about this for a deal...

NY gets:
Rip
Kwame Brown

DET gets:
Chris Wilcox
David Lee

I think there is some way a sign and trade could be worked out like this. New York gets an expirer in Kwame, a legit SG that they haven't had for a while, and we get 2 good bigs. Obviously, Lee is better than Wilcox, but I consider Wilcox an upgrade over Kwame, as I think most people do.

Stuckey/Bynum
Gordon/Washington
Tay/Daye/Summers
Lee/Villanueva
Wilcox/Jerebko(who is apparently a 5 now)

Possible?

I'd do Kwame for Lee... and that is about it. i aint trading rip for a guy we could've just signed.

Jerebko isn't a Center, he just plays it in the d-league cause Plaisted is our only Center (20 something players between the 2 teams and our only Centers are Kwame and Plaisted? COME ON DUMARS!!!)

dd24
07-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Jerebko is a SF. I would really like to have Lee, but he's not a C and neither is Wilcox. I'm not opposed to trading Kwame. I'm pretty much a Kwame hater, but he is the biggest body we have right now. We'll need him for defensive reasons. I'm not saying he's a good defender, I'm just saying he's all we have.

dd24
07-13-2009, 04:09 PM
(20 something players between the 2 teams and our only Centers are Kwame and Plaisted? COME ON DUMARS!!!)

Very true, I'd be happy with two extremely good PF's almost at this point. Other than that the only person available is Tyson Chandler but who knows about his foot.....

detsportsfan3
07-13-2009, 04:37 PM
Very true, I'd be happy with two extremely good PF's almost at this point. Other than that the only person available is Tyson Chandler but who knows about his foot.....

I wouldn't mind Chandler but I think Rip is much better and I think Chandler is way overpaid (12m this year, 13 next) and then you have his foot injury, NOH would have to add a lot for me to consider.

dd24
07-13-2009, 04:50 PM
I agree Rip is the better player in the deal. Chandler fills more of a need. I don't want to trade Rip, but I don't want a team with him and BG on it either. Since BG just got the big deal and can't be traded until December and he's the younger of the two I'm guessing he's the one that stays. I don't think we can get Boozer for Rip, at least not without some creativity and a 3rd team which I haven't thought of how that would work yet. Who knows about Bosh.

boozehound
07-13-2009, 05:31 PM
Jerebko is a SF. I would really like to have Lee, but he's not a C and neither is Wilcox. I'm not opposed to trading Kwame. I'm pretty much a Kwame hater, but he is the biggest body we have right now. We'll need him for defensive reasons. I'm not saying he's a good defender, I'm just saying he's all we have.
frankly, at 4 mil/year and with his size, he is too valuable to the pistons to trade. they couldnt get equal value back (in terms of a big man). and plaisted, I always thought he was a 4 in college, no?

dd24
07-13-2009, 05:37 PM
He may have been but he's playing center now. He looks pretty bad in the summer league so if you can't shine there I don't see how he has a chance in the league. We'll probably never see him on the roster.

detsportsfan3
07-13-2009, 06:26 PM
David Lee could easily play Center if he had to be. Even his NBA player page says forward/center.

dd24
07-13-2009, 06:29 PM
He is only 6'9". Like I said before though, at this point I'd seriously consider two really good PF's.

detsportsfan3
07-13-2009, 06:34 PM
He is only 6'9". Like I said before though, at this point I'd seriously consider two really good PF's.

When have the Pistons even cared about size? We haven't had a 7 footer in years, our PG is tall enough to play SG, our SG is tall enough to play SF, our SF has freakishly long arms and can probably play PF, Sheed played Center even though he is a PF, Ben Wallace was also 6'9".

dd24
07-13-2009, 07:23 PM
Wallace was a freak of nature at the time. Stuckey is a small SG. Rip is a small SF. If everybody moved over positions they would get crushed. Small ball only works for short spurts in a game. Like I said though, at this point I'm willing to go with two really good PF's. If we can bring in the right guy we'll just need to have times where Charlie is guarding a C.

dd24
07-13-2009, 07:32 PM
It looks like Chris Mihm is available too. Wouldn't that be something if we ended up with both of the Lakers old centers from their rebuilding years.... In all honesty though, I did like Mihm's game before his injury. He still could be a good starter for someone if he was able to come back 100% healthy.

detsportsfan3
07-13-2009, 07:34 PM
All I know is we can sign **** with the money we have, and Kwame is still our starting (and only C) What you see now is pretty much what you get, and that is a hideous starting lineup. I like rip but Dumars has got to trade him just to fill the gaps on the team. And like you I'll just take the best big man we can get for him, PF or C.

detsportsfan3
07-13-2009, 07:37 PM
It looks like Chris Mihm is available too. Wouldn't that be something if we ended up with both of the Lakers old centers from their rebuilding years.... In all honesty though, I did like Mihm's game before his injury. He still could be a good starter for someone if he was able to come back 100% healthy.

All aboard the mediocre train. Is he really the best we can get? And Kwame? God... does Dumars just have a thing against Centers? Won't trade for one, won't draft one, won't pay big money for one. I mean I honestly wouldn't mind at all if we just started Amir at center again, and had him split time with Kwame, and then keep Afflalo.

dd24
07-13-2009, 07:42 PM
I would have been fine with Amir too. If we can end up trading for a better PF than I'm fine with it. Here's a list of who's available: Drew Gooden, Joe Smith, Chris Wilcox, Jason Collins, Jarron Collins, Rasho Nesterovic, Juwan Howard and Chris Mihm.

Based on potential I like Wilcox the best. He's listed as a F/C at 6'10". He was a beast in Seattle for a minute. If he was able to play like that he could be a steal. Nonetheless your probably right. Who's the shortest player on that list :lol

boozehound
07-13-2009, 07:43 PM
All aboard the mediocre train. Is he really the best we can get? And Kwame? God... does Dumars just have a thing against Centers? Won't trade for one, won't draft one, won't pay big money for one. I mean I honestly wouldn't mind at all if we just started Amir at center again, and had him split time with Kwame, and then keep Afflalo.
shoulda got deandre jordan with one of those 2nd rounders last year. he could come in and compete with Kwame for the starting spot (even as raw as he is).

Sonic R
07-13-2009, 09:22 PM
Kind of off topic, well maybe not with recent posts,

:confusedshrug:
but whats up with Chris Kaman? I'd love to get him on our team. I know he is kind of on the outs with the Clippers.

Come back to Michigan Kaman!

detsportsfan3
07-13-2009, 09:24 PM
Kind of off topic, well maybe not with recent posts,

:confusedshrug:
but whats up with Chris Kaman? I'd love to get him on our team. I know he is kind of on the outs with the Clippers.

Come back to Michigan Kaman!

Joe Dumars is whats up. He really doesn't care what the fans want, he is in his own little world where you don't need a center.

Sonic R
07-13-2009, 09:53 PM
Joe Dumars is whats up. He really doesn't care what the fans want, he is in his own little world where you don't need a center.

SMH…
I have no clue what direction Dumars is going with this team anymore. Definitely not a winning direction… :ohwell:

dd24
07-13-2009, 10:01 PM
I don't mind Kaman. I've thought about it before too. The thing that scares me so much about him is that Clippers fans really want to trade him now it seems like. They say he isn't going to get any better than what he is now and wouldn't mind getting something for him while they can. If we traded Rip for him they would definitely be getting the better player. Still the guy can put up a double-double every night and has legit size. The Clippers have a Gordon of their own at SG already too and he could be pretty good. I watched him play last year and he was really a go to guy for them.

The salaries do match up though. We could just make the trade straight up. Of course then we need a backup SG, and the Clippers don't have anyone to give up for that.

dd24
07-13-2009, 11:42 PM
It seems Joe D might have already been thinking about the backup SG position. I heard an announcer say today that the Pistons gave Deron Washington a guaranteed contract. Basically that would mean we might not have the cap space we think we do. What is Joe D on? Does he have a gambling debt that we don't know about and he is trying to make it up by making crazy moves?

Edit, it's true, just none of us heard about it.
http://www.wvva.com/Global/story.asp?S=10630490&nav=menu1358_4
If we would have known there was another SG on the roster a week ago we would have known Joe D was up to something.

detsportsfan3
07-13-2009, 11:47 PM
Ben Wallace is a free agent :confusedshrug:

dd24
07-13-2009, 11:50 PM
He's not a FA. He just might get bought out because he wants to retire. He'd be dumb to get bought out and then sign for the minimum somewhere. He has 14 million guaranteed coming to him. If he wants to play he'll stay in Phoenix. Chances are he's just done.

I think Detroit is looking at Glen Davis, Drew Gooden, Chris Wilcox, etc.

detsportsfan3
07-14-2009, 12:00 AM
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2009/07/13/20090713spt-wallacebutout.html

dd24
07-14-2009, 12:28 AM
I think he'll retire. There's no way he can make up the 4 million by going anywhere else.

detsportsfan3
07-14-2009, 12:30 AM
I think he'll retire. There's no way he can make up the 4 million by going anywhere else.

It's not all about money, especially at that point in one's career.

dd24
07-14-2009, 12:35 AM
I don't know, it was just a few years ago when he left Detroit. Also what contender would want him, if he decided to try to go after one more ship? I think he isn't healthy enough to play. Wasn't he battling injuries?

boozehound
07-14-2009, 12:03 PM
It seems Joe D might have already been thinking about the backup SG position. I heard an announcer say today that the Pistons gave Deron Washington a guaranteed contract. Basically that would mean we might not have the cap space we think we do. What is Joe D on? Does he have a gambling debt that we don't know about and he is trying to make it up by making crazy moves?

Edit, it's true, just none of us heard about it.
http://www.wvva.com/Global/story.asp?S=10630490&nav=menu1358_4
If we would have known there was another SG on the roster a week ago we would have known Joe D was up to something.
yeah, I was aware they gave him a contract. Still, when you have to have 12 players on the roster at minimum, I didnt necc assume it meant afflalo was gone. I thought it meant rip was being traded for some size. ****ing 3.5 mil BS. This team is not going to do well next year unless I am way off on our 3 person FC.

boozehound
07-14-2009, 12:04 PM
I don't know, it was just a few years ago when he left Detroit. Also what contender would want him, if he decided to try to go after one more ship? I think he isn't healthy enough to play. Wasn't he battling injuries?
well, he suffered a compound fracture of his right leg (fibia maybe? Dont recall). Its not like thats a long-term health issue, just a freak accident.