PDA

View Full Version : Do you think LeBron will attract as much hate as Kobe in years to come?

kumquat
09-07-2006, 08:59 PM
Can "the chosen one" take over Kobe's role on ISH or for that matter the basketball world?

edit:
I'll add some ammunition to my post
2 bronzes
Self declared the "chosen 1" "king james"
nail biting annoyance
Fraudulent media persona
Goal in life is to become a billionaire
Refs in his pocket
Arrogant off court, see the have you met any bball players thread
Same ****ty dunks(wimped out of the dunk contest)
expected to be paid to go in the dunk contest
Constantly carrying the ball
everything he does is to appease sponsors (TMOGE)

allball
09-07-2006, 09:01 PM
yes. I personally dont see how any true basketball fan can not like the guy but oh well...

Tail Gate
09-07-2006, 09:06 PM
I am not a fan of James, yet I admire his abilities.

I'd much prefer to watch old game reels of the early 90's Bulls, the late 90's Jazz or the 70's Knicks

bigkingsfan
09-07-2006, 09:08 PM
No because he's not an arrogant prick

Knoe Itawl
09-07-2006, 09:09 PM
The bottom line is that Bron doesn't come across as unlikeable as Bryant, and doesn't have the history Bryant does.

If those things start to happen, then maybe. But it's highly doubtful.

XxNeXuSxX
09-07-2006, 09:09 PM
Doubtful, very doubtful.

TMacsOneGoodEye
09-07-2006, 09:11 PM
He has to win some rings first. And I doubt it even then. LeBron is a corporation unto himself, everything he does is to appease sponsors, he'll never screw that up.

LakersDynasty
09-07-2006, 09:12 PM
Can "the chosen one" take over Kobe's role on ISH or for that matter the basketball world?

edit:
I'll add some ammunition to my post
2 bronzes
Self declared the "chosen 1" "king james"
nail biting annoyance
Fraudulent media persona
Goal in life is to become a billionaire
Refs in his pocket
Arrogant off court, see the have you met any bball players thread
Same ****ty dunks(wimped out of the dunk contest)
expected to be paid to go in the dunk contest
Constantly carrying the ball
:applause: You summed it up perfectly. But no, he won't have the same kind of hatred geared towards him because he does not possess Kobe's greatness. Wait, wait, IMO. :rolleyes:

Trade
09-07-2006, 09:15 PM
i think people really started to hate on Kobe after the rape
but me i respect Kobes game alot
Kobe owned the NBA last year

as for Lebron i dont think so many players will hate on him like Kobe
Kobe was a rare case

reppy
09-07-2006, 09:17 PM
No. Because he doesn't seem as "fake" as Kobe. Plus, he doesn't play for the Lakers, so that helps. And, um, he didn't "rape" a woman and didn't "run off" one of the greatest coaches and one of the greatest players. (2 if you consider Malone).

I quoted the words "rape" and "run off" because it depends on your perspective. People that want to hate are always going to see it one way and people that love are always going to see it the other way.

RidonKs
09-07-2006, 09:20 PM
I think a lot of guys dislike him already because of his arrogance off the court. Personally, I don't like some of the things he says, but he's so good on the court that I really can't not like him. The main reason is because he CAN BE extremely arrogant, and there can be no disagreement there. Sometimes he comes off as modest and sometimes he comes off as cocky.

But he won't be hated at Kobe's level, because I really can't see him being blamed for the break up of one of the great teams in the histroy of the League any time soon. For that reason alone, he can't get to the level of hate that Kobe is at. It would be almost impossible. However, he can be unlikable (for kumquat's reasons basically).

wild orchid
09-07-2006, 09:21 PM
I don't think so. The tide turned on Kobe when people realized he was nothing but a hypocrite and a phony.

thrubeingcool9
09-08-2006, 05:36 AM
man lebron should have took some of those easy A speech/media classes college athletes take. If he kept his mouth shut he would be fine. Everytime he talks, he lets his arrogance spill. Does any1 remember his comment about not doing the dunk contest cause its for guys that dont play to shine? wow. He needs to shutup and count his money. If he was like tiger woods, hed be oooooook. but that would require an education, stanford education at that.

i think dwayne wade will always be admired by fans and media. hes the media darling yet a fan favorite. You dont find to many wade mashers. He has allen iversons heart yet the modesty of a hakeem. thats y his jersey is #1, now only if hed dumb converse ahah

and kobe, anything good or bad he does, hes ****ed so lets drop him out

AKADS
09-08-2006, 05:47 AM
I am so f*cking sick of this board running the same topics. LeBron Vs Kobe...., Why the haters......, come on guys grow up and develope a f*cking thought i you head.

Who cares who someone hates. I try to stay out of these topics but they seem to never end. enjoy the game talk about the game and life but stop with the same retarded nonsence.

reppy
09-08-2006, 05:55 AM
Eh this thread isn't really pitting LeBron vs Kobe. Atleast I don't think that was the intention. It was only asking if people will end up hating LeBron as much as they do Kobe. Be it from success, arrogance or failure...

Besides, you're the one that opened the thread knowing exactly what it was. I only get mad when people ruin a good thread by spouting their nonsense back and forth.

xxxSuperStar
09-08-2006, 06:03 AM
No. Because he doesn't seem as "fake" as Kobe. Plus, he doesn't play for the Lakers, so that helps. And, um, he didn't "rape" a woman and didn't "run off" one of the greatest coaches and one of the greatest players. (2 if you consider Malone).

I quoted the words "rape" and "run off" because it depends on your perspective. People that want to hate are always going to see it one way and people that love are always going to see it the other way.

co-signed

Heretik32
09-08-2006, 06:12 AM
Unfortunately, the GROUPIE WARS won't leave LBJ unaffected. Because, you know, you are only allowed to LIKE one SG. You have to CHOOSE between Tracy, Kobe, Dwayne und Lebron.

Gawd I'm glad not to be a teenager anymore.

joewait
09-08-2006, 10:54 AM
Unlikely, because he'll never be a winner like Kobe, and Kobe's only about 100000000000000000x better than him.

The Mamba
09-08-2006, 11:03 AM
The funny thing, after meeting them both in person, and other people's experienced included... LeBron James is the unlikeable one, where as Kobe goes out of his way for his fans. LeBron James wouldn't sign people's autographs in a Niketown, for an opening for his shoe. Kobe Bryant signed autographs for 3 teenagers at a drive through of a fast food resteraunt. Yeah, Kobe is the actual nice guy. Bill Simmons wrote during All-Star Weekend on how much of a d 1ck LeBron is. He refers to himself in 3rd person when he talks to you???

joewait
09-08-2006, 11:05 AM
The funny thing, after meeting them both in person, and other people's experienced included... LeBron James is the unlikeable one, where as Kobe goes out of his way for his fans. LeBron James wouldn't sign people's autographs in a Niketown, for an opening for his shoe. Kobe Bryant signed autographs for 3 teenagers at a drive through of a fast food resteraunt. Yeah, Kobe is the actual nice guy. Bill Simmons wrote during All-Star Weekend on how much of a d 1ck LeBron is. He refers to himself in 3rd person when he talks to you???

hahah link us to where bill simmons said this

insidehoops
09-08-2006, 11:07 AM
Unlikely, because he'll never be a winner like Kobe, and Kobe's only about 100000000000000000x better than him.

:confusedshrug:

Rasheed1
09-08-2006, 11:09 AM
Kobe has Lebron beat by 100 miles when it comes to acting like a prick....

If bron starts raping & snitchin and fueding with the best player in the world, while imitating Jordan, and having the lousiest fans around....

yeah he sure will be hated as much as kobe

The Mamba
09-08-2006, 11:13 AM
Kobe is a d 1ck on the bball court, but how is he even remotely a prick off of it?

Really Kobe raped someone? I didn't know he was in jail. Hmm, seeing as how the trial was dismissed, just like the Kwame Brown one. But yeah, it is Kobe so he raped the girl with the dirtiest panties in the world, with half the world's semen in it. She didn't have a likely agenda or anything.

Lousiest fans? Far from it. Some of them are crazy, as all fans are. But people who can see through all the bull sh 1t and veiled hate, and see one of the greatest talents to ever step on the court and appreciate it are definetely not "lousy" fans. Way to take a shot at the fan base. This comming from a Phiadelphia fan. Notorious for being the worst fans on the planet.

insidehoops
09-08-2006, 11:20 AM
Kobe's been very friendly, nice and outgoing to reporters and fans pretty much every single time I've been around him in person, which is just a few times a year, for a whole bunch of years now

Knoe Itawl
09-08-2006, 11:23 AM
Kobe is a d 1ck on the bball court, but how is he even remotely a prick off of it?

Really Kobe raped someone? I didn't know he was in jail. Hmm, seeing as how the trial was dismissed, just like the Kwame Brown one. But yeah, it is Kobe so he raped the girl with the dirtiest panties in the world, with half the world's semen in it. She didn't have a likely agenda or anything.

Lousiest fans? Far from it. Some of them are crazy, as all fans are. But people who can see through all the bull sh 1t and veiled hate, and see one of the greatest talents to ever step on the court and appreciate it are definetely not "lousy" fans. Way to take a shot at the fan base. This comming from a Phiadelphia fan. Notorious for being the worst fans on the planet.

Look, you like Kobe Bryant. Great. wonderful. Fantastic. But you have to get it through your head that to a LOT of people he comes across as the most unlikeable player to ever lace up basketball shoes. It's a phenomenon unlike any I've ever seen in the sport, and I've been following it for almost 20 years.

Just like you can't understand how anyone could possibly not love and admire Kobe to the extent you do, WE can't understand how you could root for someone like that.

And the fact that so many DIFFERENT types of people see the EXACT same things regarding the more fanatical Bryant followers should tell you it's not just our imagination. Him and his obnoxious fans (not all) are just a package that creates dislike. The End.

Knoe Itawl
09-08-2006, 11:25 AM
Kobe's been very friendly, nice and outgoing to reporters and fans pretty much every single time I've been around him in person, which is just a few times a year, for a whole bunch of years now

One of the things people dislike about him so much is that he comes across as a phony. After getting a perspective on what he's like behind the scenes (from Phil, Shaq, Malone, Chucky, Bogut, Tex, et al), it's hard to believe that he's friendly for any other reason than improving his image. But hey, I'm cynical.

Rasheed1
09-08-2006, 11:41 AM

^See?

Kobe fans live in a world all their own....They dont understand that being accused of rape has hurt kobe's fake ass squeeky clean image....it doesnt really matter what was in her panties..... the great kobe bryant, who only a few years prior scoffed at the notion that he would be seen at a strip club, all of a sudden is accused of rape and at the very least went raw-dog up in some smut bucket whore....If he werent an arrogant prick, people wouldnt feel the need to point it out soo much....If his fans knew anything about the history of the game, real NBA fans wouldnt have to reel these clowns back in and put the game into proper perspective all the time

Insult Philly fans if you want, but philly fans are as smart and knowledgable as any fans on this earth.... we sniffed this phoney out the day he skipped college and declare himself eligible for the NBA....and he is from this area!.... we usually love our own, but in this case it wasnt possible...

if he was a real dude, people would overlook his flaws, but the fact that he (& his fans) spend soo much time trying explain away his flaws as just "misunderstandings" & "haters hating" makes him all the more unlikable...

if kobe fans could accept that kobe isnt Michael Jordan, and that he is simply an elite guard in a league of about 5 or 6 more elite guards, he would fair much better...If kobe is going to be the greatest to ever lace up sneaks, let him prove it first...soo far hasnt proven it.......

hotsizzle
09-08-2006, 11:52 AM
i think people really started to hate on Kobe after the rape
but me i respect Kobes game alot
Kobe owned the NBA last year

as for Lebron i dont think so many players will hate on him like Kobe
Kobe was a rare case

nope according to a poll taken to decide how much a player is liked, before the rape trial, more than 50% of the people thought negatively about bryant than positively. after the rape, negative side went up about 15%.

but to answer your question, hell no. lebron wont ever even recieve 25% of the hate kobe does. maybe to people on ISH because we're constantly talkin basketball and alot of us have reasons to hate for personal pleasure I guess but to america and the public, lebron will always be liked as it appears

pgm
09-08-2006, 11:59 AM
King James has to be the most annoying nickname in a while.

DCL
09-08-2006, 01:33 PM
Do you think LeBron will attract as much hate as Kobe in years to come?

lebron will be a better basketball player, but he'll be embraced.

kobe is hated because he's just a stupid whiny sh!t head. he's the epitome of locker room cancer.

hateraid
09-08-2006, 01:38 PM
He has to win some rings first. And I doubt it even then. LeBron is a corporation unto himself, everything he does is to appease sponsors, he'll never screw that up.

Sounds like a freaky business project. At the risk of getting flamed out, I always thought a similar thing about Jordan. I always thought he was some sort of media project and alot of his moves was to appease the media.

And to answer the orignal post. I do agree with knoe in that he does not come across as unlikable.Kobe's strive to be the best takes him farther away from the NBA fanbase and closer to the groupie fanbase, which seems very few.

JtotheIzzo
09-08-2006, 02:39 PM
I know people, I have good people skills

Kobe is a tool, he comes across as one and he seems trite and rehearsed (similar to A Rod). He is basically someone who sets off a bad vibe in a lot of people because their internal BS detector starts going off.

LeBronze is a smoother operator when it comes to people, more engaging and likeable. he'll have his detractors but he won get the mass negativity Kobe garners.

MaxFly
09-08-2006, 02:46 PM
Lebron won't get the negativity that Bryant has managed to garner. Honestly, a lot of people hate Bryant because he got a lot of hype early in his career and they believe he was given a lot and didn't earn any of it.

Lebron earned his hype... He's even exceeded it. What I am concerned about is some of the most recent things that have taken place with Bron. He wants to be a billionaire, he indirectly called out Bryant recently, and the more and more I hear about meetings people have had with him, the more I hear that he isn't as cool and approachable as we think. I think he'll be ok though. At least I hope so. The media will be his downfall if he does fall from grace though.

joewait
09-08-2006, 02:47 PM

I mean, lets be honest here: lebron isn't exactly the most skilled player out there. His shot is terrible, he doesn't really have any moves; he more or less just bowls over guys and overpowers people-and he can't play defense at all. Whereas Kobe is probably the most skilled player in the league.

Shogon
09-08-2006, 02:50 PM
There are a few reasons why it's unlikely LeBron will get as much hate as Kobe does.

1) It's VERY unlikely LeBron is going to get to play with someone better than himself and be able to ride coattails to a title. Kobe was lucky as **** to get to play with Shaq. Any player would be. Not taking away from Kobe's talent/skills, just saying. Current day LeBron would be lucky as hell to play with a guy as good as Shaq used to be with Kobe. He's not going to get it. Therefore, if he gets a title, he'll likely be the man on the team.

2) He may be arrogant, but he doesn't try to copy the entire personality & mannerisms of a once great. He may idolize him... but he doesn't want to drink the guy's sweat like Kobe does.

3) He's a smarter and less selfish player than Kobe.

That about sums it up.

Shogon
09-08-2006, 02:59 PM
One more thing.

While I have no doubt LeBron is fake to a certain degree... he'd have to go a long, long ways to reach the level of fakeness Kobe's at.

Rasheed1
09-08-2006, 03:02 PM
I mean, lets be honest here: lebron isn't exactly the most skilled player out there. His shot is terrible, he doesn't really have any moves; he more or less just bowls over guys and overpowers people-and he can't play defense at all. Whereas Kobe is probably the most skilled player in the league.

Just when you thought joewait couldnt top his last dumb statement.... He somehow comes up with something more dumb than before...

Kids got a gift :hammerhead: way to outdo yourself

joewait
09-08-2006, 04:01 PM
Just when you thought joewait couldnt top his last dumb statement.... He somehow comes up with something more dumb than before...

Kids got a gift :hammerhead: way to outdo yourself

i think you're the dumb one if you think he's skilled. he's skilled in much the same way Shaq is skilled

Rasheed1
09-08-2006, 04:05 PM
i think you're the dumb one if you think he's skilled. he's skilled in much the same way Shaq is skilled

:roll: he did it again.....kids say the darndest things

Of course Shaq is skilled..his foot work is unparalleled for a big man of his size...Have a look at his passing game...its top notch also...

LakersDynasty
09-08-2006, 04:27 PM
There are a few reasons why it's unlikely LeBron will get as much hate as Kobe does.

1) It's VERY unlikely LeBron is going to get to play with someone better than himself and be able to ride coattails to a title. Kobe was lucky as **** to get to play with Shaq. Any player would be. Not taking away from Kobe's talent/skills, just saying. Current day LeBron would be lucky as hell to play with a guy as good as Shaq used to be with Kobe. He's not going to get it. Therefore, if he gets a title, he'll likely be the man on the team.

2) He may be arrogant, but he doesn't try to copy the entire personality & mannerisms of a once great. He may idolize him... but he doesn't want to drink the guy's sweat like Kobe does.

3) He's a smarter and less selfish player than Kobe.

That about sums it up.

Lebron has the greatest teammate of them all, David Stern.

kumquat
12-05-2009, 11:03 AM
3 year old bump......

bagelred
12-05-2009, 11:05 AM
Quite the bump.

But the King will never be as disliked as the African-American Mamba.

justin43
12-05-2009, 11:29 AM
Eh this thread isn't really pitting LeBron vs Kobe. Atleast I don't think that was the intention. It was only asking if people will end up hating LeBron as much as they do Kobe. Be it from success, arrogance or failure...

Besides, you're the one that opened the thread knowing exactly what it was. I only get mad when people ruin a good thread by spouting their nonsense back and forth.

No, this is actually what the thread brought. Kobe haters- the worst type of basketball fan on the planet.:banghead: Illogical, irrational. They hate on days when there is nothing to hate on. See the latest Laker thread as an example. Lebron haters will never get as bad as Kobe haters. At least Lebron haters sometimes use facts and don't come as often as Kobe haters. I never seen a superstar more hated on than Kobe. I wonder how some NFL stars who face the same issues as Kobe escape this level of hatred. I guess that they hate Bryant's success after he got his life together.

oh the horror
12-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Given the level this guy plays at...I'd say yes. Add on his sure to come future success, and his general attitude, and im sure that he'll be hated.

Most superstars are.

justin43
12-05-2009, 12:11 PM
Given the level this guy plays at...I'd say yes. Add on his sure to come future success, and his general attitude, and im sure that he'll be hated.

Most superstars are.

no, Lebron have to do something stupid that some people can never let go in addition to having success to come close to the hate level Kobe face. He is not even more hated than Iverson right now.

Hate level:

1. Kobe

2. Iverson

3. Everyone else.

Lakers13
12-05-2009, 01:05 PM
I'd say Yes, just needs to keep up his latest bs, and maybe have a run in with the law, and he will be well on his way.

Cermet
12-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Well Kobe is hated by many people for a reason. I dont think Lebron will be hated the same as Kobe .I think if Lebron keeps it up he will draw other kind of hate from the people. But if we are talking about quantity I dont know I really doubt it. I think Lebron can have an a "GOAT" crisis. He probably will want to be like MJ to have same atention as MJ had and will probably do something really stupid like going to play baseball at only 30 years old and leave basketball .

Doranku
12-05-2009, 02:38 PM

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

purple32gold
12-05-2009, 03:06 PM
why does kobe have to be brought into everything...

stupid

lilmagicjohnson
12-05-2009, 03:09 PM
The more Lebron acts like the real lebron, like dancing like a cornball at the bulls then calling noah disrespectful, wearing CHeck my Stats shirts, and walking off the court after losing a playoff series, instead of acting like the PR puppet lebron, the more unlikable he is appearing. The real lebron is finally coming out when his first few years in the league everyone thought he had no personality. There is a reason Lebron will never be as popular as Jordan, or the people dont like corny dousches and you cant market it

CLE[216]
12-05-2009, 03:21 PM
The more Lebron acts like the real lebron, like dancing like a cornball at the bulls then calling noah disrespectful, wearing CHeck my Stats shirts, and walking off the court after losing a playoff series, instead of acting like the PR puppet lebron, the more unlikable he is appearing. The real lebron is finally coming out when his first few years in the league everyone thought he had no personality. There is a reason Lebron will never be as popular as Jordan, or the people dont like corny dousches and you cant market it

I'm not trying to defend LeBron here, I think he acted like a child last night, but if you think Jordan was some kind of angel, you're lying to yourself.

Clocian-IGN
12-05-2009, 03:25 PM
lol nice bump. godamn 3 years old

lilmagicjohnson
12-05-2009, 03:29 PM
']I'm not trying to defend LeBron here, I think he acted like a child last night, but if you think Jordan was some kind of angel, you're lying to yourself.
Jordan had likable charisma, as a badass, intense dude. I never said Jordan was an angel, just that he wasnt a cornball with poor sportsmanship

CLE[216]
12-05-2009, 03:34 PM
Jordan had likable charisma, as a badass, intense dude. I never said Jordan was an angel, just that he wasnt a cornball with poor sportsmanship

So when MJ clapped for himself after nailing a half court buzzer beater, that wasn't corny or considered to be unsportsmanlike?

lilmagicjohnson
12-05-2009, 03:36 PM
']So when MJ clapped for himself after nailing a half court buzzer beater, that wasn't corny or considered to be unsportsmanlike?
nope, it was widely considered by nearly everyone as his badass charisma shining through.

Lebron has alot of things, alot of talent, but one thing he definately doesnt have, is charisma.

You think that ANYONE let alone a bench scrub would ever call MJ corny?

CLE[216]
12-05-2009, 03:41 PM
nope, it was widely considered by nearly everyone as his badass charisma shining through.

Lebron has alot of things, alot of talent, but one thing he definately doesnt have, is charisma.

You think that ANYONE let alone a bench scrub would ever call MJ corny?

If you aren't trolling right now, you've got serious mental problems that need professional evaluation.

lilmagicjohnson
12-05-2009, 03:46 PM
']If you aren't trolling right now, you've got serious mental problems that need professional evaluation.
what have i said that was trolling? I just made 3 legitamate points. Please dispute them if you actually have an argument for them, rather than just personally insult me sir

Bodhi
12-05-2009, 04:00 PM
It'll never happen. Kobe is not only a top 10 all time great player, he's also the GOAT when it comes to being hated.

To be honest, I don't think LeBron can live up to either of those.

DukeDelonte13
12-05-2009, 04:05 PM
It'll never happen. Kobe is not only a top 10 all time great player, he's also the GOAT when it comes to being hated.

To be honest, I don't think LeBron can live up to either of those.

By sheer number, LA fans and theoretical potential Bron haters will always outnumber Cle. fans and their theoretical Kobe haters. With that being said, across the NBA and other pr sports i think there is more of a distaste for big market teams. It's tough to say who will really be hated more.

But in light of the recent uproar of Lebron hating, alls i gotta say is:

The guy freaking danced a little bit during a game. Big deal. It was childish, but it's not like Lebron is out there talking sh*t to rookies or openly dissing his teammates, or demanding to be traded. He's not skipping practices or perpetuating feuds with other NBA players. He did some stupid little dance and everyone is in an uproar. :rolleyes: That's a strong amount of hate.

JustinJDW
12-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Depends, will Lebron rape any white girls?

Calm down Kobe stans, I was just kidding.

DustBytes
12-05-2009, 04:10 PM
Sure, he gets almost ever call... ask dwight.

CLE[216]
12-05-2009, 04:17 PM
what have i said that was trolling? I just made 3 legitamate points. Please dispute them if you actually have an argument for them, rather than just personally insult me sir

I'm just saying, you're either a great troll or you have a lot of growing to do when it comes to perceiving the world around you.

DustBytes
12-05-2009, 04:18 PM
']I'm just saying, you're either a great troll or you have a lot of growing to do when it comes to perceiving the world around you.

Are you ****ing kidding me? You're judging this guy based on one comment?

CLE[216]
12-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Are you ****ing kidding me? You're judging this guy based on one comment?

Did you even read his comments? Assuming he believes everything he's typing, would you say he has a firm grasp on reality?

dirkdiggler41
12-05-2009, 04:24 PM
No, becaus he is not selfish and never will be

Diesel J
12-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Depends, will Lebron rape any white girls?

Calm down Kobe stans, I was just kidding.

:lol

JustSaying
12-05-2009, 08:16 PM
No! Unless he becomes as successful as Kobe. Success attracts both admirers and detractors alike... human nature, IMO. MJ, Bonds, Tiger Woods, Tyson, Yankees, Cowboys, Lakers, etc. Not only in sports, but in all walks of life as well.

The_Yearning
12-05-2009, 08:39 PM
lmao hell no Lebron just doesn't have "it"

Kobe is just too beast.

Kobe Jnr
12-05-2009, 08:52 PM

lol he is copying George Costanza

04mzwach
12-05-2009, 09:06 PM
It's possible. I think Kobe is starting to become more liked than disliked than previous years and Lebron is dancing during games. We will see how far Lebron takes it. Bad sportsmanship seems to be Lebron's thing now.

nbastatus
12-05-2009, 10:24 PM
Yeah, if there are more Kobe fans than regular NBA fans.

cotdt
12-05-2009, 10:45 PM
There are more Kobe fans than there are basketball fans. Kobe transcends basketball because his fierce competitiveness inspires young people. Lebron doesn't have that killer instinct.

Brandon Roy
12-05-2009, 10:57 PM
There is no way that LeBron will be hated more. Kobe has been the most hated superstar in basketball, ever. People are only beginning to respect him, after his prime.

Killbot
12-05-2009, 10:58 PM
There are more Kobe fans than there are basketball fans. Kobe transcends basketball because his fierce competitiveness inspires young people. Lebron doesn't have that killer instinct.

The reason why there are more Kobe fans is because most people like you are casual fans. The media, so far, displays Kobe the most. People like you,who barely watch basketball, will jump on the bandwagon to any best player shown on the media the most and start claiming that he's their favorite player.

TheGreatDeraj
12-05-2009, 11:06 PM
I don't Lebron will attract as much hate.

Kobe being compared to Jordan is where a lot of the hate from, Lebron's play isn't as similar to Jordans as Kobe's is to Jordan's, so the comparisons won't be as frequent in my opinion.

Also, there are some people that just can't accept Kobe Bryant wasn't a perfect human being when he was in his early 20's(not saying he is today). :oldlol: They hate because he wasn't the best team player in his earlier years, and obviously wasn't as mature or experienced as he is today. He gets hate because of the Shaq/Kobe breakup in LA(LA picked the right guy),which Kobe gets too much blame for.

Then, there are those who do not believe in innocent until proven guilty, and hate on Kobe because of the accused rape. The more rational, will hate on him for cheating on his wife, and for trying to buy her off.

Kobe has also been caught on camera asking to trade Bynum, and isn't afraid to get into his teammates face. Then, he demanded a trade...

Finally, of course, the haters of all the fans of Kings, Blazers, Nets, Pacers, T'wolves, Spurs, Nuggets, Jazz, Rockets, Magic and more of teams he has beat in the playoffs, and countless players he's better than. Of course Lebron will have some too, but not as many as Kobe, yet.

Kobe has been in way more controversy, which brings hate, than Lebron.

ImmortalD24
12-05-2009, 11:09 PM
^ Pretty much.

godofgods
12-05-2009, 11:09 PM
No. Because he doesn't seem as fake as Kobe. Plus, he doesn't play for the Lakers, so that helps. And, um, he didn't rape a woman

All correct answers brother.

Rekindled
12-05-2009, 11:15 PM
skip bayless says yes

AirJordan&Magic
12-06-2009, 02:02 AM
:mad: :banghead: Kobe haters are the dumbest individuals in the sports world!!!!! This thread was unnecessary. All it did was bring out these dumbasses with their moronic excuses.

Honestly, the reasons I have seen is beyond retarded. "Kobe rode Shaq's coattails".......So I guess Jerry West rode Wilt Chamberlain's, I guess Clyde rode Hakeem's, I guess Kevin Garnett rode Pierce's??? Is that the truth?

I want you dumbasses to reply to this! Since when was basketball a one man sport you idiots?

Another retarded reason, "Kobe is a ******." These are the haters that have no ammunition and have nothing to say. d***heads.

"Kobe imitated Jordan." This is one is also retarded. This reasoning is used by worshippers. Why is it that people act as if Jordan created everything pertaining to b-ball? Jordan got parts of his game watching players like Oscar (fadeaway and post moves) Dr.J and David Thompson (dunks and layups).

And you know what's hilarious? I guarantee and I will bet a grand that most Kobe haters are clowns who know their team is a joke.:lol :oldlol: :roll:

Celtic fans are not even annoying to me, because I can understand their hate (And even Celtic fans are not as big of haters as the rest of you b****es).

sergiorodriguez
12-06-2009, 02:04 AM
anyone got the link to the Allstar Week bill simmons article about lebron talking about himself in the third person?

kumquat
07-31-2010, 01:04 PM
2006 bump

Doranku
07-31-2010, 01:07 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Worst post of all time?

Lakers13
07-31-2010, 01:24 PM
I'd say Yes, just needs to keep up his latest bs, and maybe have a run in with the law, and he will be well on his way.

Told ya :oldlol:

dazzer87
07-31-2010, 01:28 PM
lebron leaves for another team. Kobe rapes a girl....My vote still goes for the rapist

indiefan24
07-31-2010, 01:31 PM
lebron leaves for another team. Kobe rapes a girl....My vote still goes for the rapist

at least put accused

DixieNourmous
07-31-2010, 02:23 PM

Staff stoking any kinda fire they can. :roll:

Mr. Jabbar
07-31-2010, 02:29 PM
OP fails to realize the fact that lebron is already more hated than kobe.

keyword: already

edit: I failed to realize this was a year old thread

Shepseskaf
07-31-2010, 03:55 PM
at least put accused
Seriously. What women who gets "raped" goes on to bone multiple partners in the same night? Kobe just picked the wrong f.reak to deal with that night.

Everything surrounding the rape allegation is highly questionable, in my mind.

Doranku
07-31-2010, 04:11 PM
I know people, I have good people skills

Kobe is a tool, he comes across as one and he seems trite and rehearsed (similar to A Rod). He is basically someone who sets off a bad vibe in a lot of people because their internal BS detector starts going off.

LeBronze is a smoother operator when it comes to people, more engaging and likeable. he'll have his detractors but he won get the mass negativity Kobe garners.

:roll: Your tune sure has changed.

PowerGlove
07-31-2010, 04:23 PM
:roll: Your tune sure has changed.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I'm going to keep quoting messages from years past because the public perception of celebrities never change.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA im so funny.

Disaprine
08-01-2010, 01:37 PM
2006 bump
:oldlol: :applause:

TROLL_HUNTER
08-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Kobe is not widely hated on. its rather his nutter fans who claim him to be the GOAT. Kobe himself can only be liked / or loved but the fanboys provoke a counterattack of hate. On the other hand , for all the Kobe's nuts-huggers to say that hes not the goat or the best player in the world is a blatant hating on Kobe, which is nonsense, too

Doranku
08-01-2010, 02:39 PM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I'm going to keep quoting messages from years past because the public perception of celebrities never change.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA im so funny.

When did you become so attached to Bron's sack, bro?

Every thread I read about him, you're there defending him. D Wade? That you?

PowerGlove
08-01-2010, 02:45 PM
When did you become so attached to Bron's sack, bro?

Every thread I read about him, you're there defending him. D Wade? That you?

Dont get all mad and throw out over used phrases because I called you out for acting like "Balls Out".

I outed you because I'm tired of your outrageous behavior ever since Bron said he's taking his ass out of Cleveland.

Bcogswell
08-01-2010, 04:42 PM
Lebron is already attracting as much hate as Kobe. Lebron has many more years in the league, and if hes already on par with Kobe's hate level.. it wont be very long before he passes him. :violin:

kumquat
01-30-2012, 09:42 AM
5 year bump

TheFrozenOne
01-30-2012, 12:19 PM

EPIC BUMP

kumquat
06-04-2012, 04:06 PM
playoff bump

The Iron Fist
06-04-2012, 04:49 PM
Miss key free throws bump