PDA

View Full Version : Just preseason but Sixers still cant shoot (Cavs vs Sixers)

GOBB
10-21-2008, 10:27 PM
What a snooze fest and Kareem Rush got in the game and did nothing. Thought he was our shooter? Only dudes who balled hard? Elton Brand and Theo mofo Ratliff.

Utahjazzforlife
10-21-2008, 10:30 PM
Ratliff still plays? Wow thought he retired and went back to his lifestyle of being a gangster

Posterize246
10-21-2008, 10:33 PM
Ratliff still plays? Wow thought he retired and went back to his lifestyle of being a gangster
:wtf:

Utahjazzforlife
10-21-2008, 10:36 PM
:wtf:

no joke:pimp:

Posterize246
10-21-2008, 10:56 PM
What a snooze fest and Kareem Rush got in the game and did nothing. Thought he was our shooter? Only dudes who balled hard? Elton Brand and Theo mofo Ratliff.
wish Utah would give us Okur for Dalembert

GOBB
10-21-2008, 11:02 PM

I dunno. Then what becomes of our interior defense? Gonna have to keep Sammy, altho i hear him and Brand arent gellin like the rest of the team is. Dont think I'd like Okur, big man outside shooting. I rather the guards handle that. :oldlol:

Again its just preseason tho. 82gms is alot. Really wasnt impressed with the performance tonight.

Posterize246
10-21-2008, 11:08 PM
I dunno. Then what becomes of our interior defense? Gonna have to keep Sammy, altho i hear him and Brand arent gellin like the rest of the team is. Dont think I'd like Okur, big man outside shooting. I rather the guards handle that. :oldlol:

Again its just preseason tho. 82gms is alot. Really wasnt impressed with the performance tonight.
Yeah I didn't think you were a big Okur fan. Interior defense wouldn't take a huge hit. Sammy's blocks usually come from the weak side. Rebounding/defense would have 2 be made up by Speights/Ratliff/Evans.

But a guy who made 114 threes in 72 games on 39%? For this team...I don't care what position he plays. I want him.

Sammy's contract pisses me off just as much as his bball IQ.

J000
10-21-2008, 11:13 PM
Patience.. Sixers will be good this season. An additional 15+ wins from last year is my prediction due to the starting lineup and greatness of Sixers bench.

Thandeus Young is rising
Andre Miller not declining yet
Elton Brand doing his thing
Iggy rising
Dalambert provides great defense
Willie green great 6th man
Speights great young man..

theres more, but I know Sixers are going to be ill this year

boozehound
10-21-2008, 11:14 PM
Ratliff is still the truth

GOBB
10-21-2008, 11:14 PM
Damn, didnt know Okur was hitting that shot like THAT. lol Hmmm

Yeah I'm not too thrilled with Sammy D whose bball IQ is borderline retarded.

Its gonna take Speights atleast half a season to get adjusted with the game at this level. Much like it took Thad Young. He has the talent but he looks lost in the sauce. Game is so fast you can see him confused at times. But he made some nice plays tonight.

Theo tho still has his defense. Too bad we cant switch his legs with Sammy's lol

tsforthrees
10-22-2008, 12:12 AM
i really thought philly needed to go after james jones. he is injured right now, but he would have been a nice fit there playing the kyle korver role. maybe they could swing a deal for michael redd later in the season if milwaukee wants to go in a different direction.

josh99
10-22-2008, 01:44 AM
Got a spare PG or rebounder that you can send to the magic for Keith Bogans and/or Brian Cook? (both decent shooters)

Lebron23
10-22-2008, 02:47 AM
Back to back wins for the Cleveland Cavaliers. I think the Cavs and the Sixers will have a great rivalry next season because they are 2 of the best defensive teams in the Eastern Conference, and I wish that they are going to face each other in the 2009 NBA Playoffs.

LeBron James and Mo Williams vs. Iggy and Miller.

Posterize246
10-22-2008, 08:56 AM
i really thought philly needed to go after james jones. he is injured right now, but he would have been a nice fit there playing the kyle korver role. maybe they could swing a deal for michael redd later in the season if milwaukee wants to go in a different direction.
The problem with that:

Jones signed for more than the minimum. We wouldn't have had enough money for Brand, and if we sign Brand first then we don't have enough money for Jones.

loot
10-22-2008, 08:57 AM
i thought young would become a long range threat this year... he isnt shooting better?

Posterize246
10-22-2008, 09:06 AM
i thought young would become a long range threat this year... he isnt shooting better?
He's made more threes in preseason (8) than all of last season (6) but he's still a work in progress. Realistically, he probably makes about 40+ threes this season. Its improved, but far from a threat.

Venja42
10-22-2008, 01:24 PM
I heard on the broadcast that the Sixers came into last night's game as a top-5 team in shooting the 3. So, they had a bad night. Those will come. I heard the O-fer-9 stat at one point and thought the same thing.

And the one game I saw with T.Y. was nice, he's definitely improved his shot.

I'm really more worried about his mid-range game then anything else. The three is important but he needs to be consistent inside the arc.

GOBB
10-22-2008, 02:57 PM

Cant be a long range threat overnight. You want improvement from 3pter by Thad. You want him to take more and even make them. He will. He's more confident in shooting from the midrange/putting the ball on the floor & pulling up than last year. Along with not being shy to chuck it from downtown. He just has to find his spots is all.

Nets fan 93
10-22-2008, 03:00 PM
No you dont:oldlol:

Posterize246
10-22-2008, 03:06 PM
No you dont:oldlol:
NBA fans outside of Philly still don't know how painful it is to watch Samuel Dalembert play basketball:violin:

Alley-oops and weak side blocks is all you get. You also get a 7 footer who gets an offensive rebound that hits the rim and still chucks it up with a fresh 24 like the balls on fire. You also get a guy who thinks he can shake-and-bake his defender from 20 feet out with 14 secs left on the shot clock, only to get it stolen. You also get a guy who was highly overpaid by Billy King. You also get a guy who thinks he passes like Chris Webber out of the post with behind the back passes, yet is never on target. You also get a guy who complains about his minutes/touches in the midst of a 19-8 win/loss run late in the season.

I could go on and on with "you also get a guy...". Can't stand him.

And he's not even healthy right now. 2 bum knees.

LootOP
04-06-2016, 08:54 AM
Cant be a long range threat overnight. You want improvement from 3pter by Thad. You want him to take more and even make them. He will. He's more confident in shooting from the midrange/putting the ball on the floor & pulling up than last year. Along with not being shy to chuck it from downtown. He just has to find his spots is all.

did he find it yet?

kurple
04-06-2016, 08:57 AM
Why don't you ask a Nets fan?

hateraid
04-06-2016, 11:46 AM
Funny how we got a ton of shooters now and have one of the worst percentages.