PDA

View Full Version : Review of Greg Oden's NBA debut. Also Portland's first game

Darius
10-29-2008, 12:23 AM
I feel sorry for them having to start off with every fear concerning their team being hinted at:

Aldridge - soft jump shooter

Roy - not enough height or fast enough first step to create his own offense consistently

Oden - made of glass

I still think they are going to be a good team but it's sad to see such a promising team have such an inauspicious start.

RonySeikalyFTW
10-29-2008, 12:31 AM
Yeah, pretty pathetic so far, with the exception of Rudy. I'll take Beasley as ROY. I really question Oden at this point.

And does Nate McMillan have any concept of offense? I know he didn't as a player, I guess he doesn't as a coach either. If Portland doesn't start going with a starting backcourt of Roy+Fernandez, they don't deserve to make the playoffs.

jrcp3
10-29-2008, 12:35 AM
Start Brandon Roy at PG
Start Rudy Ferendez at SG
Keep Travis Outlaw at SF
Keep Lamarus at PF
Keep Oden at C

That should be your starting 5 right there ..... no need to have steve blake to start because Brandon Roy likes to have the ball in his hands/create most of the time! Brandon Roy is alittle undersize at the SG spot against some teams!

GIVE YOUR ROOKIE BAYLESS AT LEAST SOME MINUTES AT LEAST!

jrcp3
10-29-2008, 12:38 AM
Greg Oden didn't even score a single bucket tonight ....... this is REALLY sad! As for you people out there who say " Give him a break it's his first game " ..... common it's one bucket? you cant even score a single bucket ....... that is very sad ......

dwight20-20
10-29-2008, 12:39 AM
Greg Oden didn't even score a single bucket tonight ....... this is REALLY sad! As for you people out there who say " Give him a break it's his first game " ..... common it's one bucket? you cant even score a single bucket ....... that is very sad ......

oh no! hes prolly gonna be a bust huh?!

L.Kizzle
Yao Ming didn't score in his first game either ...

Kiddlovesnets

Well he seemed to have injured himself again so I wonder when we'll be able to see him again...

w00terz
Dude, the game hasn't even finished...

plowking
10-29-2008, 12:41 AM
People its only presea... Oh wait...

Darius
Yeah Steve Blake is too tentative out there.

jrcp3
i understand all of your commets people ..... but he got in a good 15+ minutes in the game .... with a bunch of post ups .... HE DIDN'T EVEN SCORE! 5 Rebs .... common man those numbers aren't even bench players numbers! DAMN.

bdreason
10-29-2008, 12:42 AM
Oden didn't look in shape at all.

Kobe didn't score in his first game either, to be fair.

SHEED_ gangsta
10-29-2008, 12:43 AM
I feel bad for this guy he also looks like he's 70 years old

bdreason
10-29-2008, 12:43 AM

To be fair, Kobe didn't score in his first game either.

L.Kizzle
10-29-2008, 12:44 AM
i understand all of your commets people ..... but he got in a good 15+ minutes in the game .... with a bunch of post ups .... HE DIDN'T EVEN SCORE! 5 Rebs .... common man those numbers aren't even bench players numbers! DAMN.
I'll say it one more 'gin. YAO MING didn't score in his first NBA game.

FashionIssues
10-29-2008, 12:45 AM
dude has more injuries than field goals

RonySeikalyFTW
He was completely out of shape, looked like he had two left feet, and managed to get injured. Awesome debut.

jrcp3
But still ..... it's pathetic!

tsforthrees

To be fair, Kobe didn't score in his first game either.

i agree he did seem out of shape. looking like nene out there.

Noob Saibot
come on now Oden's no LeBron. it takes a while for post players to get real good, unless your Shaq.

jrcp3
But still ..... it's pathetic! and he's hurt AGIAN!

dwight20-20

so whats your point? are you saying oden sucks? its his first game coming off of a major injury. look at bynum, 4 points and 3 rebounds.

Meticode
10-29-2008, 12:46 AM
Dude, the game hasn't even finished...

He's not coming back in the game.

jrcp3
10-29-2008, 12:48 AM
so whats your point? are you saying oden sucks? its his first game coming off of a major injury. look at bynum, 4 points and 3 rebounds.

so ..... AT LEAST HE SCORED! and is still playing in the game .......

Noob Saibot
10-29-2008, 12:50 AM
so ..... AT LEAST HE SCORED! and is still playing in the game .......

^it's not Bynum's first game ever. his stats should be right up there with Gasol and Kobe tonight, but they're not.

RonySeikalyFTW
10-29-2008, 12:51 AM

Bynum at least looks in shape. How Oden could be gassing out midway through the 1st quarter is beyond me. Not a good sign.

TmacsRockets
But still ..... it's pathetic! and he's hurt AGIAN!

Is he?

Locked_Up_Tonight

And to be fair to Kobe Bryant, Kobe only played 6 minutes and had 1 field goal attempt.

jrcp3
10-29-2008, 12:52 AM
YES, why don't you think he's not in the game right now or for most of the 2nd half? This dude is in the locker room HURT! LOL

w00terz
10-29-2008, 12:52 AM
First off, I'm just throwing this out there for discussion. In all honesty, I hope this doesn't actually happen, even if I am a Denver fan who despises the Portland TrailBlazers. Nothing is worse than wasted talent, and I should know considering how much of a bust Nene has been for us. Now, watching Oden tonight, I couldn't help but note the similarities between him and Nene. Let's review:

-Both are injury prone.
-Both are considered to have a high ceiling of potential (you can't teach size).
-Both seem to be busts as of now.
-Both are ugly as hell.

What do you guys think?

Meticode
10-29-2008, 12:53 AM
Is he?

Apparently yes. He finished the 1st half. The 2nd half he started in the locker room when the game restarted. So far 5 minutes into the 4th quarter he's still in the locker room apparently getting x-rays on his foot for something he did to it.

jrcp3
10-29-2008, 12:54 AM
WHATEVER it's just his first game, but people SHOULD NOT get all excited about him ...... BECAUSE ANDREW BYNUM IS BACK BABY!

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
10-29-2008, 12:54 AM
How does he seem to be a bust? It's only one game

plowking
10-29-2008, 12:55 AM
Michael Jordan didn't score in his first game either.

*The above may be a complete lie*

jrcp3
10-29-2008, 12:56 AM
Just to be fair .... ODEN played 15+ minutes and had ton of chances to score A SINGLE FCUKING BUCKET!

Beebo
10-29-2008, 12:56 AM
You can be a bust after just one game??? WOW.....

dwight20-20
10-29-2008, 12:57 AM
you just cant say he sucks or hes gonna be a bust based of 13 minutes of play and 4 missed shots.

G-train
10-29-2008, 12:58 AM
Bynum at least looks in shape. How Oden could be gassing out midway through the 1st quarter is beyond me. Not a good sign.

It obviously doesn't take much to be beyond you then.

He is in good physical shape, but it will be 10-15 games before he is in game shape.

Basic basketball fitness knowledge is all that is required to realise that.

People need to chill out with the Oden hate around here. Give it a season for the young guy to do something.

jrcp3
10-29-2008, 12:58 AM
oh man your a joker!

Kiddlovesnets
10-29-2008, 12:59 AM
There're still two major difference between them:
1. Nene is definitely the better player who may average a double double this season while Oden doesn't seem to be ready for NBA yet.
2. Nene never enjoyed this much hype as Oden does and his potential is limited. For Oden, I don't know how good he can be if he can stay healthy.

Darius
10-29-2008, 01:00 AM
At least Fernandez is showing he is the real deal.

darabzarrabi
10-29-2008, 01:00 AM
The question marks about his ability to stay healthy are there...he was hurt going into his freshman year at OSU, microfracture, and tonight his ankle, sure it is way too early to label him a bust but I would definitely be worried, it's not normal for human beings to be as big as Oden is, and often times with that size comes injury....I really hope he can be healthy because I love the young talent that is in the NBA right now

Kiddlovesnets
10-29-2008, 01:04 AM
The Blazers would be a real deal if they manage to trade Greg Oden for Michael Beasley or Shawn Marion(the contract of LaFrentz maybe be used to balance the salary). This team has got nobody to play SF and Beasley/Marion will eventually make them a title contender within 3 years.

Noob Saibot
10-29-2008, 01:05 AM
Oden should do yoga. but wait, Kwame Brown did that too, crap.

Fallguy20
10-29-2008, 01:05 AM
People its only presea... Oh wait...

:oldlol:

Myth
10-29-2008, 01:07 AM
The Blazers would be a real deal if they manage to trade Greg Oden for Michael Beasley or Shawn Marion(the contract of LaFrentz maybe be used to balance the salary). This team has got nobody to play SF and Beasley/Marion will eventually make them a title contender within 3 years.

And then we have a hole at C, which is more important.

Kiddlovesnets
10-29-2008, 01:08 AM
And then we have a hole at C, which is more important.

It seems that Aldridge can play C and Beasley/Marion can both play PF.

plowking
10-29-2008, 01:09 AM

Do you even believe what you are saying?

Are you actually that stupid? You are a waste of fricken space on this board. Leave.

w00terz
10-29-2008, 01:12 AM
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x292/SSnitch123/odendroopycopy.jpg

I see a resemblance.

clayton
10-29-2008, 01:13 AM
haha the Portland fans were waiting to explode. They turned on the TV waiting for Oden to live up to his hype. What happen to the so called next-big thing? :pimp:

RoseCity07
10-29-2008, 01:13 AM
Yeah he's a bust now let's end the thread.

ShowTime LA
10-29-2008, 01:14 AM
-Both are ugly as hell.

What do you guys think?
:oldlol:

RidonKs
10-29-2008, 01:15 AM
Roy - not enough height or fast enough first step to create his own offense consistently
Seriously? He had a below average game, but even then, I can clearly picture two plays in my mind where he blew past Kobe on his first step. One was at the top right corner of the FT line, and the other was more FT line extended, again on the right side. And I'm sure there were more.

If he had any problem tonight, it had nothing to do with creating, and everything to do with finishing. He couldn't get the ball to go tonight, but it wasn't from an inability to get to the rim, which he was doing pretty consistently. He's generally better.

He was also knifing through the toughest places in the world tonight. Let's be honest, LA was all over him. They were hardly bothering with the screener most of the night, and instead they'd just trap/double Roy, who still did a marvelous job getting through. Again, his finishing and decision-making afterwards was a bit suspect, but it isn't normally. He made some fantastic moves that I didn't actually think he was capable of.

Brandon Roy is a special deal, and even an off-night like tonight showcased it, even if it was a little more difficult to spot.

RoseCity07
10-29-2008, 01:16 AM

Yeah and he blocked Bynum on the first play and Bynum couldn't back him down. While Oden backed Bynum down with ease. I'm not going to make excuses for Oden but he was terrible for the shape he was in. I'm much more concerned with Aldridge not doing anything and Gasol having his way.

I see now why Bayless is not ready to be out there. He take risks like these players are scrubs. He needs to learn this is the NBA, that's why he got swatted by Ariza.

One of Shemps Kids
10-29-2008, 01:16 AM
Thankfully careers are decided after one game of playing time.

Kiddlovesnets
10-29-2008, 01:17 AM
Do you even believe what you are saying?

Are you actually that stupid? You are a waste of fricken space on this board. Leave.

Heat fan not happy with this trade? Well, you should know that your team's inside players are all undersized and the 6'8" Haslem is starting at Center right now. Oden may not be useful offensively but he can grab rebounds and block shots occasionally and I'm sure he should be at least better than that stupid Jamaal Magloire. For Beasley/Marion, well, it's unnecessary to have both in your team, right?

Myth
10-29-2008, 01:20 AM
Aldridge playing C full time is not a good thing. We would never win a championship with that line-up.

plowking
10-29-2008, 01:20 AM
Heat fan not happy with this trade? Well, you should know that your team's inside players are all undersized and the 6'8" Haslem is starting at Center right now. Oden may not be useful offensively but he can grab rebounds and block shots occasionally and I'm sure he should be at least better than that stupid Jamaal Magloire. For Beasley/Marion, well, it's unnecessary to have both in your team, right?

No you dipshit.

I was talking from a Portland perspective. Giving up one of the best big man prospects in recent time for a SF who many consider undersized to play his natural position (the PF).

Beyond stupid. I couldn't care less about the trades you make because you are useless to the board.

Kiddlovesnets
10-29-2008, 01:23 AM
Aldridge playing C full time is not a good thing. We would never win a championship with that line-up.

Let's take a look at the line-uo:
C Aldridge
PF Frye/Beasley
SF Beasley/Marion
SG Fernandez
PG Roy

This team looks decent enough to compete for a top 5 seed in current league and 2 years later it will definitely be a title contender. Besides, the Blazers have been making excellent draft picks so why can't they just draft another C or PF next year?

Kiddlovesnets
10-29-2008, 01:25 AM
I was talking from a Portland perspective. Giving up one of the best big man prospects in recent time for a SF who many consider undersized to play his natural position (the PF).

But there are still chances for Oden to completely turn into a wheelchair player , just like Sam Bowie...

NuggetsFan
10-29-2008, 01:27 AM
You know there is way too much hype around a player when he plays one bad game and he gets called a bust. Give him some time to get use to the NBA. He is going to need a lot of time tho

Myth
10-29-2008, 01:28 AM
Lets see, he only played 15 minutes (maybe 5 of those were before he sprained his ankle). He sat out an entire year. He is out of shape. He only took 4 shots, which is not like he put up a ton of attempts. He was swarmed whenever he got the ball down low. And he was playing against the team that many people believe will be the champions.

Hmmm... yeah, this game will be an exact replica of his entire career, so he is a bust. :rolleyes:

plowking
10-29-2008, 01:30 AM
But there are still chances for Oden to completely turn into a wheelchair player , just like Sam Bowie...

There is a chance Kobe could get hit by a car tomorrow. Should the Lakers trade him?

starface
10-29-2008, 01:30 AM
Don't forget Kobe wanted Bynum kicked off the team after his first two years, now all the sudden he's being called the key to their success.

mattreis62
10-29-2008, 01:31 AM
He looked really unimpressive tonight. I know it was his first real game since his surgery, but he has no skill in the post and those two fouls he picked up in the first quarter were just stupid. Even if he can stay healthy, he's going to have a hard time staying on the floor if he keeps picking up fouls like that.

Myth
10-29-2008, 01:31 AM
Let's take a look at the line-uo:
C Aldridge
PF Frye/Beasley
SF Beasley/Marion
SG Fernandez
PG Roy

This team looks decent enough to compete for a top 5 seed in current league and 2 years later it will definitely be a title contender. Besides, the Blazers have been making excellent draft picks so why can't they just draft another C or PF next year?

That team would get owned in the paint. There would be no inside-outside game. They could do well in the season, but come playoff time against a team with bigs that play down low, the Blazers would get destroyed. I'd rather see the team become something more resembling the Spurs than the Suns.

Kiddlovesnets
10-29-2008, 01:32 AM
There is a chance Kobe could get hit by a car tomorrow. Should the Lakers trade him?
:oldlol: @ your stupid attempt to compare Oden to Kobe...

RonySeikalyFTW
10-29-2008, 01:49 AM
Judging from McMillan's and Oden's depressing post-game interviews.

FindingTim
10-29-2008, 01:53 AM
Seriously? He had a below average game, but even then, I can clearly picture two plays in my mind where he blew past Kobe on his first step. One was at the top right corner of the FT line, and the other was more FT line extended, again on the right side. And I'm sure there were more.

If he had any problem tonight, it had nothing to do with creating, and everything to do with finishing. He couldn't get the ball to go tonight, but it wasn't from an inability to get to the rim, which he was doing pretty consistently. He's generally better.

He was also knifing through the toughest places in the world tonight. Let's be honest, LA was all over him. They were hardly bothering with the screener most of the night, and instead they'd just trap/double Roy, who still did a marvelous job getting through. Again, his finishing and decision-making afterwards was a bit suspect, but it isn't normally. He made some fantastic moves that I didn't actually think he was capable of.

Brandon Roy is a special deal, and even an off-night like tonight showcased it, even if it was a little more difficult to spot.

perfectly said. I couldn't agree more.

I thought Roy looked good.. it seems like the game slows down for him. He is fairly unpredictable while handling the ball, and I couldn't disagree more that he is greatly hindered by height and quickness. He more than makes up for it with his agility and top notch decision making.

:pimp:

GO_Blazers44
10-29-2008, 01:54 AM

I'm sorry to say this but I'm not sure that Beasley will even be in the league in 3 years. He is a good player but he seems to act like a retarded gang banger. Didn't he go to like 6 different highschools? With his attitude problem I don't see how he is going to work out in the NBA. He has JR Rider writen all over him...

NuggetsFan
10-29-2008, 01:57 AM
Predictions on how serious its going to be?

NuggetsFan
10-29-2008, 02:02 AM
I'm sorry to say this but I'm not sure that Beasley will even be in the league in 3 years. He is a good player but he seems to act like a retarded gang banger. Didn't he go to like 6 different highschools? With his attitude problem I don't see how he is going to work out in the NBA. He has JR Rider writen all over him...

Just because were sore about the Portland debut dosent mean we need to rip on Beasley :lol But that trade is horrible lol

A.M.G.
10-29-2008, 02:05 AM
:oldlol: I love how Kiddlovesnets totally sabotaged this thread with his (deliberate?) stupidity. Oden and Raef for Marion and Beasley, what the **** does this ridiculous trade idea have to do with REALITY? And by "reality", I mean Oden's disasterous first game, which is what this thread is supposed to be about.

KLN, if you are joking, well done sir, you are a master at coming across as a moron and getting people off-topic.

If you aren't joking, holy ****, you are a moron, and you are getting people off-topic. Please stop posting forever.

So, I didn't see this game, but am I to understand that Oden scored no points and got injured? Wow, is he going to be the black Robert Swift?

GO_Blazers44
10-29-2008, 02:07 AM
Just because were sore about the Portland debut dosent mean we need to rip on Beasley :lol But that trade is horrible lol
It's not a rip, I'm just stating what I think about him. And by the way I'm not mad about the whole portland thing. I've been telling people that its too early. I kind of got sick of everyone saying "OH THE BLAZERS ARE GOING TO KILL EVERYONE THIS YEAR AND PULL DOWN A 4TH SEED IN THE PLAYOFFS."

It takes time for rookies to learn how to play in this leage and for players to gel. People just got ahead of themselves. We'll see after the allstar break how everything goes.

NuggetsFan
10-29-2008, 02:10 AM
It's not a rip, I'm just stating what I think about him. And by the way I'm not mad about the whole portland thing. I've been telling people that its too early. I kind of got sick of everyone saying "OH THE BLAZERS ARE GOING TO KILL EVERYONE THIS YEAR AND PULL DOWN A 4TH SEED IN THE PLAYOFFS."

It takes time for rookies to learn how to play in this leage and for players to gel. People just got ahead of themselves. We'll see after the allstar break how everything goes.

Oh alrite my bad and atleast your not one of those fans who thought Oden was going to be amazing right away or a bust for that matter:lol (Give him some time) as I respect your opinion but I think that something has to go terribley wrong for Beasley to be out of the league in 3 years lol

Kiddlovesnets
10-29-2008, 02:10 AM
:oldlol: I love how Kiddlovesnets totally sabotaged this thread with his (deliberate?) stupidity. Oden and Raef for Marion and Beasley, what the **** does this ridiculous trade idea have to do with REALITY? And by "reality", I mean Oden's disasterous first game, which is what this thread is supposed to be about.

KLN, if you are joking, well done sir, you are a master at coming across as a moron and getting people off-topic.

If you aren't joking, holy ****, you are a moron, and you are getting people off-topic. Please stop posting forever.

So, I didn't see this game, but am I to understand that Oden scored no points and got injured? Wow, is he going to be the black Robert Swift?

Well even a moron won't be idiotic enough to rate Jason Kidd as merely the No.14 PG in this league.

-primetime-
10-29-2008, 02:14 AM
I'm sorry...

even though I have a million posts I am some what of a noob to the main forum because well....I got burnt out on the same crap over and over

this is new though

i don't want to read through this entire thread

rep+ to anyone who can break down why Oden didn't score ONE god damn point in one post......please.

Myth
10-29-2008, 02:20 AM
rep+ to anyone who can break down why Oden didn't score ONE god damn point in one post......please.

As I said earlier:

Lets see, he only played 15 minutes (maybe 5 of those were before he sprained his ankle). He sat out an entire year. He is out of shape. He only took 4 shots, which is not like he put up a ton of attempts. He was swarmed whenever he got the ball down low. And he was playing against the team that many people believe will be the champions.

Kiddlovesnets
10-29-2008, 02:25 AM
I'm sorry...

even though I have a million posts I am some what of a noob to the main forum because well....I got burnt out on the same crap over and over

this is new though

i don't want to read through this entire thread

Well, the reasons can be summarized below:
1. Most players are not supposed to be at their best form for their first game, especially for a rookie who hasn't ever played in this league before. He may need time to adjust to this league since it's completely different from NCAA and HS basketball.

2. The opponent of the Blazers are the Lakers, a title contender. The Lakers' inside defense was pretty good this game maybe because of the presence of Bynum. Notice Aldridge and Frye both sucked as well(to tell the truth, Bynum didn't do well either).

3. Oden is still far from becoming the team's first option and his teammates stopped feeding the ball to him after he missed the first a couple of shots. The Blazers may need to figure out how to play alongside with an inside player like Oden.

4. Oden's health condition seems to be an issue as well. He looked slow and unprepared for a game like this. The injury also limited his playing time to merely 12 mins so probably he'd have scored at least 5pts if remained healthy entering the 2nd half.

5. He's simply not good enough yet. But don't worry, Yao also didn't score any points in his debut as well while it took Bynum nearly 2 and half years to truly improve into a decent center. Give him some time and he'll be fine(of course he needs to stay healthy first), don't expect everyone to be Shaq who could average 20/10 as a rookie.

rawimpact
10-29-2008, 02:25 AM
i have an inside man telling me he's out for the season

NuggetsFan
10-29-2008, 02:26 AM
i have an inside man telling me he's out for the season

:lol

rawimpact
10-29-2008, 02:28 AM
we probably shouldn't consider this a debut.

-primetime-
10-29-2008, 02:34 AM
As I said earlier:

red

how is that???

InspiredLebowski
10-29-2008, 02:48 AM
This board is going to be even more retarded when he puts up a 20/10/4 game next week.

KeylessEntry
10-29-2008, 02:48 AM
Oden was playing is rookie debut in a hostile Staples center, which is home to the defending western conf champs and the reigning MVP, give the man a break. Did you people think he was going to win a championship on his first game?

NuggetsFan
10-29-2008, 02:51 AM
Oden was playing is rookie debut in a hostile Staples center, which is home to the defending western conf champs and the reigning MVP, give the man a break. Did you people think he was going to win a championship on his first game?

:lol No not at all but I thought he was going to score a bucket and play more than half the game :oldlol: but I do agree everyone needs to calm down and give him some time

SCdac
10-29-2008, 02:53 AM
12:51 minutes

3 offensive rebounds (most from any player on both teams)

despite it not being his best shooting night..... that's not a bad sign IMO..... coming from a rookie, who was basketball-free for a long time, at one of the toughest positions.

Once he gets in better game-shape, he will be fine IMO. He definitely looks like a rookie, trying to adjust to the speed of the game. He played probably 90 minutes total of basketball in the preseason - that's nothing. Everygame is going to be a learning experience. And it's not like his 4 shots were complete airballs, in time those little putbacks and hookshots will go in. And of course, he'll be taking more of them.

My biggest fear is definitely proneness to injury, and foul trouble... not a lack of skill or talent.

NuggetsFan
10-29-2008, 02:56 AM
Yeah I wonder how long he will be out, I think the bad game is kinda good for him now the hype will slowly go down, Like if you think about what alot of Blazers fans expected out of him its just crazy. He needs to get in shape and just keep on working on his game

Jimmy2k8
10-29-2008, 03:25 AM
Forget about the injury or his not so great nba debut, good lord he needs to shave that beard of his. It makes him look even more like he's in his 50's :oldlol:

stephanieg
10-29-2008, 03:30 AM
It's funny because if anyone seriously suggested before the game that Oden would go down with an injury in like 15 minutes he would rightfully be called a troll.

For the sake of the NBA, I hope Oden turns out to be a stud.

Koop1
10-29-2008, 03:33 AM
Oden looked absolutely terrible
no glimpses what so ever of being dominant or doing anything
lollll
loll
kwame pt II

Myth
10-29-2008, 03:37 AM
red

how is that???

He sat out a year and has only been playing basketball again for about a month, and even then he was babied. He is about 20 pounds heavier than what is likely his ideal playing weight is. You can tell by just watching him that he cannot run the court or jump as well as he could when he was at Ohio St.

Myth
10-29-2008, 03:37 AM
Oden looked absolutely terrible
no glimpses what so ever of being dominant or doing anything
lollll
loll
kwame pt II

Don't be dumb, please.

-primetime-
10-29-2008, 03:43 AM
He sat out a year and has only been playing basketball again for about a month, and even then he was babied. He is about 20 pounds heavier than what is likely his ideal playing weight is. You can tell by just watching him that he cannot run the court or jump as well as he could when he was at Ohio St.
so Oden is a lazy fat ass???

JordanL
10-29-2008, 03:59 AM
http://www.blazersedge.com/2008/10/28/648980/game-1-recap-blazers-76-l

The L*kers locked down on Brandon with Kobe Bryant, giving him help whenever Brandon made a move to the basket. He was double and triple-teamed on the way to the hoop. They doubled Lamarcus immediately on most possessions. Brandon didn’t have enough momentum to finish strong even when he got close to the rim and Lamarcus was forced into a variety of jumpers, some with spins included for free. The guy they elected to single-cover was Greg Oden. Oden got plenty of short jump hooks but he can’t hit that shot yet. The L*kers’ aggression thus went unpunished. The Blazers’ fourth and fifth options couldn’t put together enough offense to take the pressure off of Roy and Aldridge either, as the L*kers usually recovered. They were helped in this by the Blazers’ inability to move the ball back to Roy and Aldridge once it had left their hands. The stars had usually used up too much of the clock trying to get their own shots and when the ball went to someone else it was shoot or bail out desperately.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindblazersbeat/2008/10/highpowered_lakers_crush_blaze.html

If Odens injury was a black cloud over one of the Blazers most anticipated season openers in years, plenty of his teammates provided the rain to make for a gloomy start to the season. Asked if anything else could have gone wrong on opening night, McMillan was quick to answer.

"No," he said.

All-Star Brandon Roy, the steadying force of the team, played perhaps his worst game as a professional. He missed his first nine shots a couple from point blank range and was generally overwhelmed by a swarming and physical Lakers team.

"That was probably the most jittery game I've played before," Roy said. "I felt like I was ready for the game, but once I got out there I was just too excited. Everything felt long. It's a team game, but this loss weighs heavy on me. This one I have to take on the chin, because I did a terrible job for my team."

"This is such a disappointing game, we want to put it in the back of our minds as quickly as possible," Roy said. "I wish we played tomorrow. We didn't expect this level of intensity. I think we came out there cruising a bit, thinking it would be pretty. We kind of got away from what we do. I can guarantee we won't do that again on Friday."

Roy had 14 points and 3 steals and had a terrible game. Oden had 5 rebounds and 0 points and had a terrible game.

Roy came out of this game with fire... "I guarantee this won't happen Friday"... Oden came out gloomy and unsure...

Can we please stop pretending that Roy isn't the center (forgive the pun) of this team? I mean, don't get me wrong, i still am confident Oden will be a beast, but Oden is a rookie, and played like a rookie. He acted like a rookie. And his biggest achillies heel (again no pun intended) at the moment is that he thinks like a rookie.

When Oden has a bad game and gets fired up, that's when we'll see a great player at work. Right now he has a bad game and feels like he can't do better. McMillian needs to sit him down and show Oden tape of himself playing in college. The dude forgot that he knows how to play and lost his confidence.

Myth
10-29-2008, 04:33 AM
so Oden is a lazy fat ass???

No. I'm really confused as to how you got that out of my post. He wasn't allowed to do running workouts for a long long time because of the surgery. Then once he was cleared to practice by the doctors, the team still didn't want him to chance anything by working out too hard too fast.

-primetime-
10-29-2008, 05:00 AM
No. I'm really confused as to how you got that out of my post. He wasn't allowed to do running workouts for a long long time because of the surgery. Then once he was cleared to practice by the doctors, the team still didn't want him to chance anything by working out too hard too fast.
i try to make my posts simple and to the point...

i did not see the game

i see Oden scored ZERO

it was a simple question...

"WHY WAS HE NOT A FACTOR???"....

i think from this thread I got my answer....thank you though

KeylessEntry
10-29-2008, 05:23 AM

i did not see the game

i see Oden scored ZERO

The Blazers did not pick up Oden because of his scoring ability. Take a look at the important stats: Oden outrebounded Bynum, and played less than half as many minutes

Then another Portland rookie, who nobody seems to be talking about, dropped 16 tonight in his debut. Rudy is for real.

U got Served
10-29-2008, 05:26 AM
The Blazers did not pick up Oden because of his scoring ability. Take a look at the important stats: Oden outrebounded Bynum, and played less than half as many minutes

:roll: :roll:
Yes they did. How is Oden suppose to be the next Shaq with no scoring abilities. Plz, the scoring is the major reason he got drafted.

Kebab Stall
10-29-2008, 05:29 AM
Yes they did. How is Oden suppose to be the next Shaq with no scoring abilities. Plz, the scoring is the major reason he got drafted.
No, Oden was not drafted because of his scoring ability. He was drafted due to his defense, reboudning and size. If he develops a nice offensive game, which I think he will, then he will be fine.

KeylessEntry
10-29-2008, 05:30 AM

He was drafted because he is a defensive anchor, not because of his scoring ability, definitely not because people think he is going to be like Shaq. Shaq has been infinitely more dominate than Oden at every stage of his career, you are comparing an unproven product Oden to one of the greatest NBA centers of all time in Shaq. Are you seriously this stupid or are you just trying to troll me?

U got Served
10-29-2008, 05:37 AM
He was drafted because he is a defensive anchor, not because of his scoring ability, definitely not because people think he is going to be like Shaq. Shaq has been infinitely more dominate than Oden at every stage of his career, you are comparing an unproven product Oden to one of the greatest NBA centers of all time in Shaq. Are you seriously this stupid or are you just trying to troll me?

OK lets leave the Shaq comparison out. Still, how is Oden suppose to the face of the franchise with no scoring abilities at all? I'm not saying he cant score, I'm replying to your comment saying how Oden wasnt drafted because of his scoring abilities. Now if Oden is a just a "defensive anchor" then he doesnt deserve to get all this "attention" from ish or espn. I personally believe he has the potential to dominate the paint even now in rookie season.

Myth
10-29-2008, 05:42 AM

i did not see the game

i see Oden scored ZERO

I was referring to the "lazy fat ass" comment. I was confused on how you got that out of what I said earlier. I'm glad you got your answer though.

Myth
10-29-2008, 05:44 AM
OK lets leave the Shaq comparison out. Still, how is Oden suppose to the face of the franchise with no scoring abilities at all? I'm not saying he cant score, I'm replying to your comment saying how Oden wasnt drafted because of his scoring abilities. Now if Oden is a just a "defensive anchor" then he doesnt deserve to get all this "attention" from ish or espn. I personally believe he has the potential to dominate the paint even now in rookie season.

Nobody was saying that Oden won't be an effective offensive weapon, but most of the hype was about his defense, not his offense.

U got Served
10-29-2008, 05:45 AM

i did not see the game

i see Oden scored ZERO

I'm pretty sure the "lazy fatass" will have an outstanding season and will have better numbers than what bynum had in his rookie season.

U got Served
10-29-2008, 05:48 AM
Nobody was saying that Oden won't be an effective offensive weapon, but most of the hype was about his defense, not his offense.

offensively he's like dwight howard without the athleticism.

Myth
10-29-2008, 05:50 AM
offensively he's like dwight howard without the athleticism.

Ok, what's your point?

U got Served
10-29-2008, 05:57 AM
Ok, what's your point?

offensively he has a long way to go. that's my point. The only reason Howard is a dominant center (offensively) is because of his great athleticism. Oden doesnt even have that. So how is he suppose to be the of the franchise. The guy cant even do a hook shot a few feet from the rim. He can dominate some teams who dont really have a big body for Oden, that's about it. dunk, dunk, move you out of the way and more dunking. that's all he has.

KeylessEntry
10-29-2008, 05:59 AM
I agree. Oden does not deserve all of the attention he gets from ISH and ESPN. Its all meaningless hype, and we probably wont have any real idea about what his skill and potential truly are until a couple seasons pass. Oden was drafted because of his ability as a defensive anchor, but he still does have the potential to develop a very powerful offensive game, but that will not happen over night. He is a young man, with a long career aheaad of him.

In my eyes, Roy is the face of the franchise, and TNT is just dumb for saying "Greg Oden and the Trailblazers" take on "Kobe Bryant and the Lakers" on their pre game show.

KeylessEntry
10-29-2008, 06:01 AM
offensively he has a long way to go. that's my point. The only reason Howard is a dominant center (offensively) is because of his great athleticism. Oden doesnt even have that. So how is he suppose to be the of the franchise. The guy cant even do a hook shot a few feet from the rim. He can dominate some teams who dont really have a big body for Oden, that's about it. dunk, dunk, move you out of the way and more dunking. that's all he has.

To be fair, Oden only tried like 1 hook shot on that game. Did you say "Roy has no offensive game" after he missed his first 9 shots tonight?

U got Served
10-29-2008, 06:04 AM
I agree. Oden does not deserve all of the attention he gets from ISH and ESPN. Its all meaningless hype, and we probably wont have any real idea about what his skill and potential truly are until a couple seasons pass. Oden was drafted because of his ability as a defensive anchor, but he still does have the potential to develop a very powerful offensive game, but that will not happen over night. He is a young man, with a long career aheaad of him.

In my eyes, Roy is the face of the franchise, and TNT is just dumb for saying "Greg Oden and the Trailblazers" take on "Kobe Bryant and the Lakers" on their pre game show.

I can see how he can impact the game defensively, big time. He blocked andrew bynum's hook shot.:lol He was stealing those rebounds from the Lakers too. too bad he sprained his ankle though. If Portland sees Oden as the face of the franchise then he needs to develope an offensive game.

U got Served
10-29-2008, 06:07 AM
To be fair, Oden only tried like 1 hook shot on that game. Did you say "Roy has no offensive game" after he missed his first 9 shots tonight?

I've seen Oden play. So my opinion stands. Oden has no offensive game at all. Its dunk, move you out of the way and more dunk. He needs to develope some post moves.

Se
10-29-2008, 06:08 AM
oh man your a joker!

Dude, you're a terrible poster. This it what happens when the season starts. People start making an assumption after one game.

Oden played 12 minutes and had 5 rebounds and a block. He missed all 4 of his shots and looked out of game shape.

I am not saying he's the next anybody. STOP jumping the gun, and just give the guy until Christmas at least.

KeylessEntry
10-29-2008, 06:09 AM
I've seen Oden play. So my opinion stands. Oden has no offensive game at all. Its dunk, move you out of the way and more dunk. He needs to develope some post moves.

You havent seen him play, you watched 20 seconds of Oden highlights on sportcenter. If you had actually seen him play, you would know that he has basic post moves already, and hit several hook shots during the pre-season.

Se
10-29-2008, 06:10 AM

In that case, Dwight Howard needs moves too.

Why were teams doubling and tripling Oden in preseason? If you leave single coverage on him, he'll basically over power anyone and score.

Shaq didn't start out with a heap of post moves, Dwight didn't (and still barel yhas any) and Oden is just the same. Sometimes, raw strength and athletic ability is enough.

U got Served
10-29-2008, 06:16 AM
You havent seen him play, you watched 20 seconds of Oden highlights on sportcenter. If you had actually seen him play, you would know that he has basic post moves already, and hit several hook shots during the pre-season.

OK first of all i'm not the type of guy who thinks everything espn says or does is serious. espn is a joke. now, I think he has no offensive game at all and he has a long way to go. If you're trying to say Oden has a post up game other than dunking then you're going to fail. btw I've followed Oden since college and trust me, the majority of his points came from backing you down and dunking the ball.

Kebab Stall
10-29-2008, 06:17 AM
[QUOTE=Se

Myth
10-29-2008, 06:19 AM
If Portland sees Oden as the face of the franchise then he needs to develope an offensive game.

You keep saying that as if offense is the only important aspect of a game. Bill Russell was the face of his franchise because of his D, Mutombo in his younger years was the face of his franchise because of his D, and Ben Wallace for a short time was the face of the Pistons. Besides, Oden will only be sharing the face of the Blazers. Its not a one man show.

U got Served
10-29-2008, 06:20 AM
In that case, Dwight Howard needs moves too
Really? is that why I said "Oden is Howard without the athleticism"?

Why were teams doubling and tripling Oden in preseason? If you leave single coverage on him, he'll basically over power anyone and score.

Shaq didn't start out with a heap of post moves, Dwight didn't (and still barel yhas any) and Oden is just the same. Sometimes, raw strength and athletic ability is enough.

Other than Shaq and Howard, which other center has dominated the game with raw strength and athletic ability. btw Oden is not as athletic as Howard and young Shaq.

Myth
10-29-2008, 06:22 AM
offensively he has a long way to go. that's my point.

Oh, and nobody is arguing that he has a ways to go on offense. Everybody else was talking about how his defense is what is really important to this team and that is why we drafted him. Any developments in offense is just bonus.

U got Served
10-29-2008, 06:25 AM
You keep saying that as if offense is the only important aspect of a game. Bill Russell was the face of his franchise because of his D, Mutombo in his younger years was the face of his franchise because of his D, and Ben Wallace for a short time was the face of the Pistons. Besides, Oden will only be sharing the face of the Blazers. Its not a one man show.

No he wasnt. dont over rate Wallace now. Rusell had great players in his team. Mutumbo is a defensive legend. I dont think Oden can be like those two by just being a defensive center. If he wants to be great he needs to develope a post up game. Like I asked a guy earlier: other than shaq and howard, which center has dominated the paint with pure strength and athleticism. keep in mind that oden is no as athletic as young shaq and current Howard.

Figlo
10-29-2008, 06:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsKg93UTxvg

Big block on Bynum.

mrhoopfan
10-29-2008, 06:45 AM

You hit the nail on its head...........Oden is playing with too much weight.............he lacks some of the former explosion he had; however, IF he's healthy, he will be very good......he missed some easy shots but the footwork and strength on his post moves was there

Myth
10-29-2008, 06:48 AM
No he wasnt. dont over rate Wallace now. Rusell had great players in his team. Mutumbo is a defensive legend. I dont think Oden can be like those two by just being a defensive center. If he wants to be great he needs to develope a post up game. Like I asked a guy earlier: other than shaq and howard, which center has dominated the paint with pure strength and athleticism. keep in mind that oden is no as athletic as young shaq and current Howard.

Ben Wallace won 4 defensive players of the year, and people were bat-**** crazy about him. He was receiving tons of credit because he was anchoring the D, then Billups went off and people started realizing he was the best player on the team, but until that time, Wallace was the face of that team. As you said, Russell had great players on his team, but he was still the face of the team due to his defense. Likewise, Oden 'could' be the face (or more likely share the spotlight as I said earlier) based on his defense alone. He has very good defensive instincts, and could become a great defensive anchor. You are the only person here that seems to think it is more important that Oden becomes dominant on offense rather than on defense.

G-train
10-29-2008, 07:13 AM
far too many idiots making judgements off one game. I'm not gonna bother conversing with teenagers and primetime. its one game against a top flight opponent.... please.

2LeTTeRS
10-29-2008, 07:35 AM
far too many idiots making judgements off one game. I'm not gonna bother conversing with teenagers and primetime. its one game against a top flight opponent.... please.
Honestly I still think the man will be a beast someday, but if you've been around here all summer and listened to a the Blazer fans hype up their team and say Oden was ready to be a dominant presence immediately and he's more skilled and bigger than Dwight while having similar athleticism, and then you watch him play and he's gassed within 10 minutes of game time, still can't stay out of foul trouble and he gets hurt again you're going to be disappointed. Thats all this thread is.

GOBB
10-29-2008, 08:40 AM
Pro Oden, Anti Oden, Neutral. We can all agree this debut was a big dissapointment.

Many waited for Oden to arrive in college only to hear injury & wait.
Many waited for Oden to arrive in summer league only to hear injury.
Many waited for Oden debut in the NBA last season only to hear injury
Many waited for Oden NBA debut last night this season only to hear injury

Should we predict his next/first productive performance or injury?

Next Bill Russell or Bill Walton? Just saying. Since he is drawing the funny out of people in commercials maybe the next Bill Bellamy?

U got Served
10-29-2008, 08:40 AM
Ben Wallace won 4 defensive players of the year, and people were bat-**** crazy about him. He was receiving tons of credit because he was anchoring the D, then Billups went off and people started realizing he was the best player on the team, but until that time, Wallace was the face of that team. As you said, Russell had great players on his team, but he was still the face of the team due to his defense. Likewise, Oden 'could' be the face (or more likely share the spotlight as I said earlier) based on his defense alone. He has very good defensive instincts, and could become a great defensive anchor. You are the only person here that seems to think it is more important that Oden becomes dominant on offense rather than on defense.

Now it becomes a question on which is more important offense or defense? When have I ever said offense was more important? all i'm saying is that in order for Oden to be the face of the franchise he needs to develope some post moves. not just dunk dunk, move you out of the way and dunk it again. btw i like your list: rusell, mutumbo, wallace. how about duncan, olajuwon, robinson, ewing... these are all players who also had a defensive game and were able to be the face of the franchise for a long time.

hoopaddict08
10-29-2008, 08:51 AM
I'm not disappointed that he didn't score, it's more that he missed an entire season due to injury and than gets injured his NBA debut. Unfortunately, I think he will see a lot more of this throughout his career.

jbot
10-29-2008, 09:02 AM
it's too early to write these kids off. the team is young and needs time to settle into their roles and set the chemistry.

oden's health, on the other hand, is getting to be a scary issue. i'm really pulling for him so hopefully this foot sprain is just a mere coincidence and not a portland curse. i just don't want him to become player who is too scare to play in fear of getting hurt.

i really think oden's health will dictate how the team will play.

GOBB
10-29-2008, 09:15 AM
i really think oden's health will dictate how the team will play.

http://img200.exs.cx/img200/8940/obvious3bq.gif

SoCalMike
10-29-2008, 09:17 AM
Pro Oden, Anti Oden, Neutral. We can all agree this debut was a big dissapointment.

Many waited for Oden to arrive in college only to hear injury & wait.
Many waited for Oden to arrive in summer league only to hear injury.
Many waited for Oden debut in the NBA last season only to hear injury
Many waited for Oden NBA debut last night this season only to hear injury

Should we predict his next/first productive performance or injury?

i agree that it was a big disappointment... i do hope he's not seriously hurt, but also that its not something that will be a career trend. until he is healthy, you and i cannot argue which player is better! lol

jbot
10-29-2008, 09:21 AM
http://img200.exs.cx/img200/8940/obvious3bq.gif

thanx.

RAPSCANWIN
10-29-2008, 09:34 AM
Dissapointing start to his carreer but lets see what kind of finisher he is.

He's too young to write off simply cause of what I see as bad luck.

However he did seem a little overwhelmed by the Lakers D.

GOBB
10-29-2008, 09:41 AM
i agree that it was a big disappointment... i do hope he's not seriously hurt, but also that its not something that will be a career trend. until he is healthy, you and i cannot argue which player is better! lol

:oldlol: Tis true.

RainierBeachPoet
10-29-2008, 09:59 AM
its one game gents ---in his first year!

relax

lets talk more seriously after he has played half a season and is in decent shape

mlh1981
10-29-2008, 10:01 AM
Oden has damn good timing. Thank goodness for him, he played so well in the NCAA title game. Without that game, he may have returned to school (he hasn't decided yet), and have been injured while still at OSU and not earning an NBA paycheck.

He's such a nice, well spoken guy. You love to see people like him succeed, and I would personally like to see some excellent big men in the league.

Myth
10-29-2008, 10:04 AM
Now it becomes a question on which is more important offense or defense? When have I ever said offense was more important? all i'm saying is that in order for Oden to be the face of the franchise he needs to develope some post moves. not just dunk dunk, move you out of the way and dunk it again. btw i like your list: rusell, mutumbo, wallace. how about duncan, olajuwon, robinson, ewing... these are all players who also had a defensive game and were able to be the face of the franchise for a long time.

You are completely missing the point. Of course he would be better if he has great offense, but he doesn't need to in order to be a very good player and "the face of the franchise". The guys I listed were to show evidence that somebody can be "the face of the franchise" without being a dominant low post offensive threat. I don't understand why you seem to think he must be dominant on offense. Again, he would be better if he did have develop great scoring abilities, but he can be very effective just being a great defender.

Valliant13
10-29-2008, 10:05 AM
This board is going to be even more retarded when he puts up a 20/10/4 game next week.

They playing ball in the hospital these days? Cause that where my Oden will be spending the bulk of his career. The guy is structurally unsound...if he's hurt this easily (and constantly) when he is young, then the future does not bode well for him.

Darius
10-29-2008, 11:00 AM
For some reason my post was combined with all these Oden bashing posts and renamed.

Oden, while he was out there, looked pretty good to me (I wasn't expecting Dwight Howard out of the gates). He rebound well, altered a few shots and had some strong moves (no finishes though).

The worry is, he got injured out the gate last year and now he is injured again.

I remember going through this with Shaun Livingston - one injury happens and its bad luck, a 2nd happens and it is an unfortunate occurance, a 3rd happens and it is a freak incident...

Just sayin', some guys are just injury prone and its a bad sign.

juju151111
10-29-2008, 11:11 AM
U guys relize Greg has only started practicintg like a mounth and a half ago right?He is comin back from one of the worse sergeries.Go look at amare in the first 2 months of comin back from his.

juju151111
10-29-2008, 11:12 AM
red

how is that???
He was only cleared to practice like 5 weeks ago.LOL They were babing him too in the preseason.

omarnyc
10-29-2008, 11:18 AM
true its just the 1st game but if i was a portland fan i would be concerned a lil bit, this dude is very tender, its like if you blow on him he gets hurt. also i keep seeing excuses about him being out of shape,he shouldnt be out of shape. all the hype oden been getting i would think he would really be up for his nba debut against the defending western conf champs on national tv and going head to head with another hyped up big man

ihatetimthomas
10-29-2008, 11:25 AM
I will give him a pass bc he still a rookie. I couldnt believe the hype some people were giving him prior to this game. Fans were thinking he is NBA ready after coming off microfracture surgery and not even playing a single game yet. Had he not gotten hurt, he wouldve probably been more effective. But fact remains he is still learning this game and guys need to get off his back thinking he is ready right now.

Hope his injury isnt a sign of things to come. He is a great player for the league with his personality and potential. Blazers really need to be careful bringing him along. I wouldnt play him more than 15 minutes a game to start the season.

Rudy Fernandez is the real deal. I love his stroke and style. He looks NBA ready and I think he has a nice future. I'd like to see him and Roy get the bulk of the minutes this season.

juju151111
10-29-2008, 01:02 PM
true its just the 1st game but if i was a portland fan i would be concerned a lil bit, this dude is very tender, its like if you blow on him he gets hurt. also i keep seeing excuses about him being out of shape,he shouldnt be out of shape. all the hype oden been getting i would think he would really be up for his nba debut against the defending western conf champs on national tv and going head to head with another hyped up big man
He was cleared to practice in like aug.Get it through ur heads.Go watch amare in the first 2 months from his sergery.He out of shape because he didn't get to go full force in practice until recently.

1000yearsofPAIN
10-29-2008, 02:46 PM
Hey I missed the game how long is Oden out for?

A.M.G.
10-29-2008, 02:50 PM
Well even a moron won't be idiotic enough to rate Jason Kidd as merely the No.14 PG in this league.
Come on, I've said that Kidd is an all-time great PG, that is undeniable.

But if I'm talking about which PGs I want for my team RIGHT NOW, taking into account the future of a franchise, I place an old, declining Kidd out of the Top 10 PGs.

And none of this has anything to do with how dumb and irrelevant your Portland-Miami trade idea was.

Myth
10-29-2008, 02:55 PM
Hey I missed the game how long is Oden out for?

Unknown so far. Its believe to be a mid-ankle sprain, so he could be back anywhere from Friday to 3 weeks from now (most likely).

crounsa810
10-29-2008, 03:30 PM
So, my question is why did Portland attempt so many three pointers? Thats what killed them. Seriously, if you miss a lot, stop taking them. Move in a little bit. If they adjusted and stopped trying so many threes, they may not have won but they wouldn't have been beaten by 20.

Oh and Oden is on my fantasy team, so hopefully he comes back soon.

Myth
10-29-2008, 03:34 PM
So, my question is why did Portland attempt so many three pointers? Thats what killed them. Seriously, if you miss a lot, stop taking them. Move in a little bit. If they adjusted and stopped trying so many threes, they may not have won but they wouldn't have been beaten by 20.

Its a combination of the Blazers being pretty much a jump shooting team anyway (when Oden is out), plus the Lakers were playing good defense, which kept the Blazers more on the perimeter. So many of those perimeter shots came with the shot clock winding down, which showed that they just struggled in general to get into the lane.

omarnyc
10-29-2008, 03:52 PM
He was cleared to practice in like aug.Get it through ur heads.Go watch amare in the first 2 months from his sergery.He out of shape because he didn't get to go full force in practice until recently.

didnt oden have his surgery over a year ago? amare was already an established all-star so we all knew how he played and could tell he was shaking off the effects of his surgery, oden hasnt done anything in the league yet, how do you know he's just outta shape opposed to just not bein that good

RoseCity07
10-29-2008, 04:11 PM
I'm fine with Oden spraining his leg now. It was incidental, not from just running up and down the floor, Derek Fishers foot got in the way.

If he misses a couple of weeks then he gets to avoid the spot light of playing against the best centers in the league. If not then that is also good because it means he is healthy.

I'm not worried at all anymore. I just hope he is healthy though. I felt tense the whole time Oden was out there. It was almost a relief that he didn't play 30+ minutes yesterday. I mean I'm glued to the screen when he is out there, I can't just sit back and enjoy the game.

Rekindled
10-29-2008, 04:23 PM

rudy shot 60% from threes, outlaw also was hitting threes. Why should they stop doing it.

juju151111
10-29-2008, 04:25 PM
didnt oden have his surgery over a year ago? amare was already an established all-star so we all knew how he played and could tell he was shaking off the effects of his surgery, oden hasnt done anything in the league yet, how do you know he's just outta shape opposed to just not bein that good
hmm because i watched him in ohio state and in summer league.Way faster and slimmer.He also wasn't running 1 mph down the floor,his coach says he out of shape,he said he not yet in bb shape, and it's hard to come back from that injury has a rookie.