PDA

View Full Version : LeBron is interested in the Knicks, Lakers, and Mavericks when he is a free agent

eliteballer
10-29-2008, 06:36 PM
[QUOTE]Donnie Walsh, the Knicks GM, had heard for years about Wesley

Samurai Swoosh
10-29-2008, 06:39 PM
I bet out of any of those it will be LeBron landing in NYC, potentially resurrecting by then a DEAD NBA franchise.

go-lakers
10-29-2008, 06:41 PM
LOL Lebron on Lakers.

ZeN
10-29-2008, 06:41 PM
hammer time:

:hammertime:

ihatetimthomas
10-29-2008, 06:44 PM
I guess i would be ok if he joined the Lakers

eliteballer
10-29-2008, 06:46 PM
Kobe would finally have his Pippen!

LA_Showtime
10-29-2008, 06:47 PM
I wonder why the Mavericks intrigue him..?

Samurai Swoosh
10-29-2008, 06:49 PM
If it were to actually happen, by that time ... LeBron will most likely be the significantly greater player.

Interminator
10-29-2008, 06:51 PM
If it were to actually happen, by that time ... LeBron will most likely be the significantly greater player.
So you're predicting Kobe to fall off drastically in just a year and a half.

GOBB
10-29-2008, 06:51 PM
And yet Lebron will remain a Cav.

Samurai Swoosh
10-29-2008, 06:52 PM
Not so much Kobe fall off ... but the comparisons now are already tight as is and yes, Kobe's on the downside of his career, and LeBron is continuing to get better each and everyday considering he's only a WHOPPING 23 years old. You do the math.

:rolleyes:

NY Comeback
10-29-2008, 06:52 PM
+1

worldbefree
10-29-2008, 06:55 PM
Lebron jerseys are already on sale in NY.

Interminator
10-29-2008, 06:57 PM
Not so much Kobe fall off ... but the comparisons now are already tight as is and yes, Kobe's on the downside of his career, and LeBron is continuing to get better each and everyday considering he's only a WHOPPING 23 years old. You do the math.

:rolleyes:
How is Kobe on the downside of his career,when he was MVP last season?

LeBron has peaked talentwise but not physically,hes worked on his jumpshot for 3 years now and its not improved enough for defenses to take it serious.

JordanL

Is that a joke?

That was a bull**** lifetime-achievement MVP. He was not the single most valuable player in the NBA last year.

guy

Kobe would not need to fall off drastically for Lebron to be better. He arguably isn't even better then Lebron right now.

LALakerFan4Life
10-29-2008, 06:58 PM
I wonder why the Mavericks intrigue him..?
Jason Kidd. I think since playing together in the Olympics really likes play along with him. Same thing with Kobe.

ZeN
10-29-2008, 07:01 PM
Jason Kidd. I think since playing together in the Olympics really likes play along with him. Same thing with Kobe.

I would image it would be more about Dirk and Cubans marketing strategy.... rather than Kidd's tired old legs......

ChuckOakley
10-29-2008, 07:02 PM
Also from the article...

[QUOTE]With James, the Cavaliers are running out of time. It

Samurai Swoosh
10-29-2008, 07:02 PM
Kobe as a player last year wasn't as good as he was in '06, or even coming off surgery in '07. Kobe may not be on the downside just yet, but he's quickly approaching it and he's certainly already plateued at the very least. LeBron still has years left in him of being physically dominate, while continuing to get better and better every year. His numbers last year were ridiculous, and he almost single handedly beat the eventual World Champions.

30 ppg 48 FG% 8 RPG 7 APG 2 SPG 1 BPG ... that's not a Scottie Pippen to Kobe's Jordan. At all.

He's 23 and keeps getting better. Jordan was 21 when he entered the league, and didn't have the top of the line mid range game, and money jumper till his 1987 or 1988 season. That would've put him at close to 24. LeBron gets to the rim better than Kobe ever has, is a much stronger finisher, and his actual basketball skills are still improving.

LeBron was arguably the better player than Bryant was last year, even if he won MVP.

LeBron has peaked talentwise but not physically,hes worked on his jumpshot for 3 years now and its not improved enough for defenses to take it serious.[/QUOTE]

NewYorkUSCtrojan
10-29-2008, 07:03 PM
It would be nice to see LeBron in a Knicks's jersey.

However, I won't be surprise to see LeBron as a Lakers. LA always seems to get the high profile free agent talent. Kobe is getting older.

LA_Showtime
10-29-2008, 07:04 PM

Isn't Jason Kidd a free agent at the end of the season?

10-29-2008, 07:06 PM
Bynum
Gasol
James
Bryant
Fisher

Bench: Odom, Ariza, Sasha, Walton, Farmar, Radmanovic

Ah pretty decent I guess, nothing to be too excited about.

Loki
10-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Yeah, Lebron will go to LA and the Lakers would be willing to part with Odom and perhaps Walton to make that happen. Fair deal. :oldlol:

But hey, maybe then the team would be stacked enough to win a title, although Kobe wouldn't be the best player on the team. :D

SoCalMike
10-29-2008, 07:10 PM
lakers cannot get him per the cba unless he plans on coming to LA for cheap or someone does a crazy sign and trade....

:pimp:

Lebron23
10-29-2008, 07:12 PM
LeBron will wear Cedric Ceballos Jersey number if he sign with the Los Angeles Lakers. :lol

big baller
10-29-2008, 07:14 PM
we all no kobe cant play with some1 who has the potential to be the star of the team....tht is y he made managment trade away eddie jones and shaq....

(and this is not comming from a laker hater, i have loved the lakers since i was 3, LITERALLY)

10-29-2008, 07:20 PM
Yeah, Lebron will go to LA and the Lakers would be willing to part with Odom and perhaps Walton to make that happen. Fair deal. :oldlol:

But hey, maybe then the team would be stacked enough to win a title, although Kobe wouldn't be the best player on the team. :D

You need some professional help, how the hell did Kobe get into this thread?

10-29-2008, 07:20 PM
we all no kobe cant play with some1 who has the potential to be the star of the team....tht is y he made managment trade away eddie jones and shaq....

(and this is not comming from a laker hater, i have loved the lakers since i was 3, LITERALLY)

Yeah because 3 rings on his finger prove that theory, or the fact that Shaquille isn't known as a big mouth.

canadianballer
10-29-2008, 07:23 PM
a-****ing-men brother, it was certainly CP III 's award

Is that a joke?

That was a bull**** lifetime-achievement MVP. He was not the single most valuable player in the NBA last year.

Loki
10-29-2008, 07:27 PM
[QUOTE=

Connoisseur
10-29-2008, 07:31 PM
Is that a joke?

What? He was the best player on the best team in the Western Conf.

Jacks3
10-29-2008, 07:41 PM
Lebron won't go to LA. His ego is too big...Kobe will still be a top 3 player when he's 32.

SourGrapes
10-29-2008, 07:45 PM
Is that a joke?

since when is the mvp actually awarded to the most valuable player to his team?

if so, shaquille would have more than one.

he got it because he had the best stats on one of the top teams. that's how it's gone since i can remember.

edit: no way he goes to the lakers...i think he wants to go to a team where there aren't other truly great players he could be compared with historically speaking. knicks or cavs fill that bill.

Jasper
10-29-2008, 07:50 PM
LeBron is interested in the Knicks, Lakers, and Mavericks when he is a free agent

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the rest of the league and Euro teams to be named later.
Lots and lots of speculation , but if I recall when he is a free agent there will be others that are free agents at the same time.
Anything is possible , but the guy has a crib in Ohio , so doesn't it stand to reason that he WON'T want to leave home ... .

10-29-2008, 07:53 PM
I somehow wonder why you didn't say that to eliteballer with his "Kobe will have his Pippen!" comments, considering they were in the very first post. :oldlol: But I know the answer to that already...

Elite seems to only talk about Kobe too, but you're on a whole other level.
Again, the only reason you posted in this thread was to bash Kobe some more rather then actually talk about the possibility of LeBron heading to one of those three teams.

Like I said, go get help ASAP.

Mathius
10-29-2008, 07:54 PM
This crap is so old. Someone show me one quote anywhere, that says something about Lebron leaving that came from his mouth?

It's always: A source near James
A person close to James
Experts speculate

Blah blah blah. When has James EVER made a comment indicating he was considering leaving?

Show me a quote, or STFU.

Cause you know what? I have a quote for you. Here it is:

Although the national media insists James already has decided to opt out of the final year of his contract and head for New York or New Jersey, James begs to differ.

"I never gave an indication I was leaving Cleveland," he said. "I never gave any indication I didn't like being here. Every time I'm asked that question, [I answer] I love being here, I love playing in front of these fans. My family's here. I grew up 30 miles away from here. I never gave any indication I did not like playing for the Cleveland Cavaliers. I like the Yankees and Cowboys, but it has nothing to do with the Cavaliers." Staying home: Center Zydrunas Ilgauskas was disappointed he was unable to play for Lithuania in the Olympics when insurance issues could not be resolved. As it turned out, it probably was a good thing.

http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/2008/09/james_believes_cavs_have_golde.html

Mathius

ronnymac
10-29-2008, 07:55 PM
Is that a joke?

Chris paul was robbed last season.

LarryLegend33
10-29-2008, 07:55 PM

Kobe has a post presence something MJ never had. And Pippen was no star in 1991 when the Bulls won and in 1998 when Pippen had a broke foot and back.

The fact is that Kobe has two Post presence and guys who can score and control the paint.

nicknamefrank
10-29-2008, 07:57 PM
Is that a joke?

wtf, so who was?
Chris Paul? NO, cuz his team won less games while having similar impact on his team as kobe bryant.

Im tired of people still saying that it was a lifetime achievement award

SourGrapes
10-29-2008, 07:58 PM
Chris paul was robbed last season.

i don't mean to hijack the thread, but that is awfully definitive.

kobe's starting center was gone for half the season and yet the lakers still wound up with the no. 1 seed.

it was definitely close between the two...but chris paul being robbed? doubtful.

KingLeBronJames
10-29-2008, 08:13 PM

Actually Shaq kicked out Eddie Jones.

10-29-2008, 08:30 PM

kobe's starting center was gone for half the season and yet the lakers still wound up with the no. 1 seed.

it was definitely close between the two...but chris paul being robbed? doubtful.

Kobe had similar #'s, better team record and actually outperformed Paul in the game for #1 seed in the west. LA won that game and Kobe outshined Paul, don't see how CP got robbed.

Haters will hate.

Kiddlovesnets
10-29-2008, 08:33 PM
Lebron going to Knicks? He doesn't want rings anymore?

ronnymac
10-29-2008, 08:34 PM

Kobe had a better team and had a one game better advantage. chris paul was the definition of the MVP. without him the hornets would have been lottery bound. take kobe out of the lakers and they would still be a borderline plsyoffs ball club. plus noone in the league made his teammates better then paul.

ronnymac
10-29-2008, 08:35 PM
[QUOTE=

Jimmy2k8
10-29-2008, 08:41 PM
Damn those voters that voted for Kobe as MVP, I guess they don't know anything about basketball. :rolleyes:

Life would be so much better, if the MVP wasn't given out.

LA_Showtime
10-29-2008, 08:44 PM
Lebron won't go to LA. His ego is too big...Kobe will still be a top 3 player when he's 32.

I highly doubt Kobe will still be a top 3 player when he's 32 years old. He'll probably still be elite, yes, but there are just too many promising players who could be better than him.

dazed27
10-29-2008, 08:53 PM
a-****ing-men brother, it was certainly CP III 's award

shut up you person with a 16 year girl on your aviater

10-29-2008, 09:01 PM
Hater?. i was defending kobe in the top 4 best two way players. get you're facts straight.unliuke you i dont have kobes ball half way through my intestines.

Are you severely retarded? Was I even talking to you?
Unless you're the guy I was quoting, Stfu.

Jacks3
10-29-2008, 09:09 PM
I highly doubt Kobe will still be a top 3 player when he's 32 years old. He'll probably still be elite, yes, but there are just too many promising players who could be better than him.
You think 2 years will make that big a difference? I don't. 32 is a pretty young...look at A.I. Still a top 10 player imo. Hell, Kobe is in his 13th year in the league and is generally considered the best in the game alongside LBJ.

TmacsRockets
10-29-2008, 09:27 PM
Damn those voters that voted for Kobe as MVP, I guess they don't know anything about basketball. :rolleyes:

Life would be so much better, if the MVP wasn't given out.

Chris Paul deserved it he led in Win Shares.

KenneBell
10-29-2008, 09:29 PM
Chris Paul deserved it he led in Win Shares.
:oldlol:

What a horrible way to decide MVP. If Kobe wins this year, ISH will collapse in on itself and heads will explode.

Loki
10-29-2008, 09:31 PM
You think 2 years will make that big a difference? I don't. 32 is a pretty young...look at A.I. Still a top 10 player imo. Hell, Kobe is in his 13th year in the league and is generally considered the best in the game alongside LBJ.

32 for Kobe is not this season, not next season, but the season after that. That's a long ways away.

n00bie
10-29-2008, 10:43 PM
lmao what happened to LeBron going to the nets?

poor nets fans. :oldlol:

ZHAKIDD532
10-29-2008, 10:56 PM
The Nets don't need LeBron. Their going to build a young, cohesive team without his distraction.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
10-29-2008, 11:39 PM
If he's not a Cav then it's the Knicks

R.I.P.
10-30-2008, 12:06 AM
Mavs and Cavs. Momma only needs to change one letter in his underwear. Mavs should be fair to the Cavs, I

AlonzoGOAT
07-10-2012, 01:10 AM

:lol

KG215
07-10-2012, 01:13 AM
:lol

Really? You bumped a four year old thread for this?

REACTION
07-10-2012, 01:16 AM
What would've happened if he had gone to the Lakers? Could the Kobe stans and LeBron stans ever coexist like that?

Freedom Kid7
07-10-2012, 01:20 AM
What would've happened if he had gone to the Lakers? Could the Kobe stans and LeBron stans ever coexist like that?
No, this would happen:
http://gifs.gifbin.com/1238157980_scanners_-_head_explosion.gif.

Meticode
07-10-2012, 01:24 AM
Really? You bumped a four year old thread for this?
Why not?

G-train
07-10-2012, 01:33 AM
Miami Heat was very late on the scene for his talents, from memory it was only the day before that people took them as a serious suitor.
Not bad considering all the sources people have everywhere, and that they apparently colluded years prior. :oldlol:

Draz
07-10-2012, 02:22 AM
:roll:

bluechox2
07-10-2012, 02:24 AM
:roll:

excellent replacement for firewood

NewYorkNoPicks
07-10-2012, 02:40 AM
I will be dissapointed about this for the rest of my life. Carmelo is indeed the man though and mentally better suited for NY.

Eric Cartman
07-10-2012, 05:53 AM
I will be dissapointed about this for the rest of my life. Carmelo is indeed the man though and mentally better suited for NY.

Can he step his game to a championship level though?