PDA

View Full Version : Official Nightly game thread.

jailer
11-06-2008, 03:25 PM
I figured it would be easier to have one thread to talk about all the games through out the season. So whats everyones take so far on how the team is playing?

jailer
11-06-2008, 03:30 PM
So far I would have to say im feeling good and not so good about the team. I dont like the fact that lowry is getting so much fourth quarter playing time. He was atrocious in the sac game last night. I dont think conley was playing bad enough for ivaroni to sit him for the entire second half basicly.

I hae many problems with lowry's game. Did anyone se the horrible pass to warrik in the third. Lowry through the ball almost as high as the top of the backboard. He over driibles until he gets the shot clock to low then he tries to throw up a prayer or a stupi pass. I agree on defense and in terms of rebounding he is solid. But there is so much more that is neded from that spot.

Kebab Stall
11-07-2008, 06:03 AM
I completely agree about Lowry. Sitting Conley is not going to allow him to get out of this slump. Lowry is a backup point guard at best, providing solid D and decent rebounding for his size, but he is not the type of offensive player that we need.

berraco
11-07-2008, 10:14 AM
I haven't seen any game up to now, but it looks again that Iavaroni is the appropriate man to be a head coach.

jailer
11-07-2008, 12:46 PM
I mean lowry isnt bad. But I really think that conley deserves more of a shot than this. He shoots so much better and likes passing. My main problem with conley is that hes unselfish to a fault.

Kebab Stall
11-07-2008, 01:41 PM
I mean lowry isnt bad. But I really think that conley deserves more of a shot than this. He shoots so much better and likes passing. My main problem with conley is that hes unselfish to a fault.
I think Conley's minutes should be risen a bit, right now, Lowry and Conley are basically averaging the same amount of minutes, not to mention Conley has been benched at crucial times. That is not going to help mature his game or him, he needs more minutes.

Mississippi
11-09-2008, 01:43 PM
Big game vs. the Nugz tonight. I expect a win.

Kebab Stall
11-09-2008, 02:15 PM
As long as everyone works their arse off on defense, we should be OK. The Nuggets defense is nothing to write home about, so if we can stop them from scoring, the offense should come to us.

berraco
11-09-2008, 04:22 PM
With Billups there I find difficult for the Grizzlies to get a win in Denver. But this team is surprising me during the few games they've played, so I will keep the faith this time.

jailer
11-09-2008, 05:46 PM
This will be a tough game. The nuggetts are looking at this game as a win. It wont be easy, but it is winable.

I am glad conley got in the game on friday in the 4th. He had played well the entire game.

Mississippi
11-09-2008, 11:54 PM
OJ Mayo came out hot, but after the first quarter the Nuggets threw several different defenders at him. No one else on our roster had a hot hand. Ross was solid, but he only had 9. Rudy Gay and Mike Conley were just terrible tonight. Gay had a couple good defensive possessions but couldn't find his stroke. This was a game we definitely could have won if we got our bigs involved, but Conley or Lowry couldn't even get them the damn ball. Conley missed several layups and turned the ball over several times. Balkman was active off the bench and really did some damage while in the game. Billups set him up with several dunks. The Gasol vs. NeNe matchup didn't go as expected. NeNe owned him.

I'm sorry guys, but we really need a point guard. We had way too many turnovers and not enough assists.

Kebab Stall
11-10-2008, 11:14 AM
Conley really needs a confidence boost. Taking his minutes away aren't going to help him at all.

berraco
11-10-2008, 02:10 PM
Conley really needs a confidence boost. Taking his minutes away aren't going to help him at all.

Yup. And I still think we need a coach that can set up an offensive scheme. The point is the brain of the coach in the court, and since our coach doesn't seem to have one of them, we have a headless team.

jailer
11-10-2008, 03:17 PM
Mayo came out so amazing. And it was wasted because nobody else could get anything going. Rudy was horrible and should of been sat in the second he caused alot of our offensive woes. Mayo sat to long in the second and lost his stroke.

Now we play phoenix tonight. Hopefully we dont lose by 20.

Mississippi
11-11-2008, 12:42 AM
Mayo new career high, 33 points. The guy carried us from seventeen down to take the lead, but we couldn't hold on to it. Barbosa was just too much. Besides Mayo, no one stepped it up in the fourth. Milicic, Arthur and Gasol played fantastic defense against Amare and Shaq. Lowry had a chance to put us up by 5, but hesitated on a three and waited until a defender came out on him before he shot and missed it. *SMDH* And oh yeah, Conley still was a no show. He had so many good looks and either missed or passed the ball.

At the end of the night Mayo and Amare traded jerseys which I thought was really cool. He realizes that this kid is going to be one of the greatest.

jailer
11-11-2008, 03:44 PM
Hahahah I didnt watch the game. They traded jerseys? Thats hilarious. Yeah mayo had been a godsend. We need a nice vetran pg. I would love to have a guy like billups. Or maybe even t.j. ford. But those guys cant be gotten.
Apparently there are rumors of the clippers wanting to trade kaman. We should hop on that. They want to make mobley apart of any deal though.

So heres my two cent deal.

Memphis gives critteton, jaric, walker, warrik, and darko.

Clipps give Kaman, Mobley .

I think this will give us a solid front line along with some punch off the bench. We lose some depth and take on some cap room. But whats the point in having the money if we arent going to spend it. We also lose warrik who is coming on strong. But I woluld do this. Anyone else like this deal?

berraco
11-11-2008, 06:50 PM
I think it could work

Mississippi
11-11-2008, 08:39 PM
Kaman and Gasol or Kaman and Arthur in the frontcourt would be crazy. I would love that and we could definitely use Mobley's scoring and three point shooting off of our bench.

Kebab Stall
11-12-2008, 05:43 AM
I don't like the idea of giving up Hak, but I'd love to have Kaman on the team. Kaman, Gasol and Arthur would be nice, though the frontcourt would certainly have to be addressed come offseason/draft time, hell, even before then it would have to be sorted.

Mississippi
11-12-2008, 07:30 PM
We're back at home so hopefully we can get this win tonight vs. the Knicks.

gasolina
11-12-2008, 11:08 PM
We're back at home so hopefully we can get this win tonight vs. the Knicks.

We got absolutely smashed tonight... For those who watched the game? Any thoughts?

I thought we were pretty good defensively, esp at home, but the Knicks sure took it to us.

I'm thinking we really need a shooter, someone to take the pressure off Gay and Mayo. So far, they've been our best shooters this year. How about Morrsion? I hope we can pry him away from Charlotte. From what I've seen, he seems to at least try defensively, which should be good.

Did we have trouble closing in to NY's shooters? Or did they just have that more scorers than we do? (we only have 3 on an average day)

Conley is just terrible, I wished he'd return to last year's form. And his lack of a jumper is killing us.

Mississippi
11-12-2008, 11:14 PM
We need a point guard! If we could get Felton and Morrison, that would be fantastic. Conley sucks. I keep telling myself that he's in a slump, but that can't be the case the guy just sucks. He shot two threes and didn't even touch iron. Someone explain to me how Jaric comes off the bench in ten minutes and gets more assists than Conley? That's ridiculous. Also I'm not liking how Mayo slows the ball down in transition, holds the ball for like threes seconds and then pulls up for a jump shot. I liked what I saw from Crittenton and Jaric in limited minutes. They definitely looked hungry for some PT. I wouldn't mind if we started Jaric at the point.

gasolina
11-12-2008, 11:31 PM
@ Mississipi

Nice of you to be in the grizz forum, you and LOJM have breathed life into this board and we really appreciate it.

Regarding Jaric, I would think that he'd have more assists because the game was already over and not much defense is being played. Then again, I didn't watch the game, so your opinion > mine.

Conley seems to play better with a great big man which he could play off from. He seems to struggle with Mayo and Gay. But then, I think Felton would be a fantastic addition, I think he's like a mature Conley. I would still prefer PGs like TOny Parker / Felton / Conley, but having Luke freakin Ridnour would probably win us a lot more games right now.

For Felton / Morrison.. could we give Warrick / Conley? Seems like a fair trade... Bobcats get their PF (lol) but no sense for them to have Conley and Augustin at the point.

Mississippi
11-13-2008, 09:34 AM
@ Mississipi

Nice of you to be in the grizz forum, you and LOJM have breathed life into this board and we really appreciate it.

Regarding Jaric, I would think that he'd have more assists because the game was already over and not much defense is being played. Then again, I didn't watch the game, so your opinion > mine.

Conley seems to play better with a great big man which he could play off from. He seems to struggle with Mayo and Gay. But then, I think Felton would be a fantastic addition, I think he's like a mature Conley. I would still prefer PGs like TOny Parker / Felton / Conley, but having Luke freakin Ridnour would probably win us a lot more games right now.

For Felton / Morrison.. could we give Warrick / Conley? Seems like a fair trade... Bobcats get their PF (lol) but no sense for them to have Conley and Augustin at the point.
Yeah it seems as though the Cats are about ready to turn the point guard duties over to Augustin. Conley would make a good back-up to him. He's a solid rebounder and when motivated can get you you 7-10 points a night. It would be hard to get Felton and Morrison though. Maybe we could send Hak and Conley for Felton and filler and then maybe trade a player like Crittenton and see if we can land JJ Redick.

:confusedshrug:

berraco
11-13-2008, 03:44 PM
My concern is that Conley should be good than Felton in a short time. So getting only Felton and Morrison is a bad deal for me. I don't know who could we get back, thoug.

Conley is a pretty good with a dominating big man, he showed that playing with Oden. Portland could be interested in him. However, they have few interesting things to offer us in the PG spot, IMO. Sergio, Bayless, Blake? Who would you take?

Mississippi
11-14-2008, 09:18 AM
Conley better than Felton? I don't think so. And if Portland is willing to give up Sergio or Blake, I'm sure we'd gladly accept.

berraco
11-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Sergio would be a good fit in the running games, but his defense is awful (yeah, he has improved, but not really a lot). Blake would die here with a coach that has no idea about how to set up an offense. Since the offense is totally in the hands of Mayo and Gay, who cares about the PG, look for a Derek Fisher type of player. Someone that can hit the 3s and defend.

lilojmayo
11-14-2008, 06:02 PM
Conley better than Felton? I don't think so. And if Portland is willing to give up Sergio or Blake, I'm sure we'd gladly accept.

im willing to take any pg that can shoot the 3 ball consistently to spread the damn floor teams just sag in the paint when conley has the ball

Mississippi
11-15-2008, 12:01 AM
Milwaukee Game analysis

Another close game we could have won if it wasn't for late game mistakes. :banghead:

Conley finally scored tonight. He did a little bit of everything. Hopefully he can return to the way he was playing toward the end of last season. Gay and Mayo went for a combined 18 of 45. Mayo is becoming a bit of a chucker. He has a terrible shot selection. I'd like to see us go to Gasol more. He had a solid game tonight although he did foul out.

Grizzled Mayo
11-15-2008, 01:32 PM
Whats up everyone back at last. I told everyone that mayo was the man. And I was right ofcourse We need a damn point guard who dont suck Do the clipper deal We need front court help and we need a point.

Ofcourse now it looks like we might take rubio with the top pick and then trade a few of these guards that have all been busts.

brandonislegend
11-19-2008, 05:31 AM
mayo
Q ross
Gay
warrick
gasol

our best lineup all-around?

Kebab Stall
11-19-2008, 12:53 PM
mayo
Q ross
Gay
warrick
gasol

our best lineup all-around?
Was that lineup used last night? I know Conley started, but was that lineup used quite a bit in the game?

Anyway, we racked up 26 assists, which is great news, considering we only average 15 assists per game before that game, which was ranked last in the NBA. However, TO's is still a problem, 17 last night, we're not going to beat teams like the Spurs, Hornets, Rockets, Pistons, Cavs, Lakers or Celtics, with turnover numbers like that.

berraco
11-19-2008, 02:57 PM
Was that lineup used last night? I know Conley started, but was that lineup used quite a bit in the game?

Anyway, we racked up 26 assists, which is great news, considering we only average 15 assists per game before that game, which was ranked last in the NBA. However, TO's is still a problem, 17 last night, we're not going to beat teams like the Spurs, Hornets, Rockets, Pistons, Cavs, Lakers or Celtics, with turnover numbers like that.

I don't think our necessity today is to beat teams like these you mention, but to build up a team for the next years. Turnovers is a normal issue when you have that bunch of unexperienced players all together (and some of them maybe only trying to shine for their own benefit). I'm not happy with that, though, and that's something we need to fix, but can be fixed along the season. What really worries me is that we needed an almost perfect day from beyond the arc to win comfortably and that's not going to happen so often. The good thing is that we also had some power inside the paint and that Hakim stepped up for the first time in the season. That's good news.

jailer
11-19-2008, 04:39 PM
Didnt see the game how did they look.

Mississippi
11-20-2008, 08:27 PM
Yeah Conley has been playing pretty good. We still need to get Gasol more touches.

Mississippi
11-21-2008, 11:17 PM
3 minutes left in the 3rd and we're down 16.

Conley doesn't have any assists, but he's 5-10 from the field.

brandonislegend
11-22-2008, 03:35 AM
conley scored ok, but his overall game = :(

kidd went off agianst him and kidd isnt even a scorer, they isoed him so many times conley looks lost sometimes.

Kebab Stall
11-23-2008, 05:36 AM
So it looks like all the starters had a very nice game against the Jazz, although Mayo did shoot under 40% and was 1 of 5 from beyond the arc, but the bench only combined for 10 points. That's terrible, it's been said numerous times before, by fans and management, that we need to get some bench chemisty. I think we should stick Arthur on the bench and Warrick as the starter. Hak will most likely play better with the starting spot and Arthur is an energy guy who will be better coming off the bench.

Mississippi
11-23-2008, 12:09 PM
If Warrick starts, who do we turn to to put points on the board off the bench?

brandonislegend
11-24-2008, 04:36 AM
yeah, warrick has to come off the bench, he is our only offensive threat off the bench other than lowry

Kebab Stall
11-24-2008, 11:32 AM
That just shows our lack of talent coming off the bench. Aside from Warrick and Lowry, who are inconsistent, we only have Ross who can provide defense, apart from that, we have pretty much nothing. I think a trade is needed, send Crittenton somewhere, he isn't getting playing time here.

Mississippi
11-24-2008, 12:16 PM
That just shows our lack of talent coming off the bench. Aside from Warrick and Lowry, who are inconsistent, we only have Ross who can provide defense, apart from that, we have pretty much nothing. I think a trade is needed, send Crittenton somewhere, he isn't getting playing time here.
When he was playing for the Lakers, his stock was on the rise, but he hasn't been getting much burn here so we won't get much in return for him.

Kebab Stall
11-24-2008, 12:19 PM
When he was playing for the Lakers, his stock was on the rise, but he hasn't been getting much burn here so we won't get much in return for him.
He's not getting minutes and I doubt he will be getting any minutes. If Jaric and Crittenton were put together, maybe we could get something decent.

Mississippi
11-24-2008, 12:25 PM
He's not getting minutes and I doubt he will be getting any minutes. If Jaric and Crittenton were put together, maybe we could get something decent.
I'd be happy for a second round pick.

We really need a three point shooter. I think we could probably get Luther Head who is also buried on the bench.

berraco
11-24-2008, 03:54 PM
I'd be happy for a second round pick.

We really need a three point shooter. I think we could probably get Luther Head who is also buried on the bench.

Yeah, we need a gunner. Head, Reddick, whoever we can take. With Mayo and Gay here, that type of player would be getting a lot of open looks. Then we would only need that our players can give a ****ing assist to use him well.

brandonislegend
11-24-2008, 03:59 PM
rudy had some sick dunks last game wow.

Mississippi
11-24-2008, 11:48 PM
Close game throughout, but our defense collapsed late in the third and we never recovered. Darko played exceptionally well tonight. He held Duncan to 14 points and even racked up a double-double. Conley had two straight good games, but he struggled tonight. George Hill absolutely owned him. We really need to get some consistency from our guards and off the bench.

Also, Rudy needs to ditch the MoHawk immediately.

Kebab Stall
11-25-2008, 08:26 AM
I'm guessing that Darko got the start was because of Duncan. It makes sense I guess, he held him to only 14 points and he only shot 6 of 18, so Darko must have been doing something right out there.

Only 10 assists? 10? These guys need to f*cking pass the ball.

Rudy's mohawk is great. He should dye it red or something.

Also, we were once 3-3, we're now 4-10, which means we have gone 1-7 in our last eight games.

Mississippi
11-29-2008, 11:29 PM
Ugh!!!

Disappointing lost. We had the lead most of the game until late in the fourth. Too many turnovers. Q. Ross didn't play and he was truly missed as Durant and Green had their way with Gay and Buckner. Crittenton got in and played decent, but missed too many freethrows. Mayo was Mayo. All I got to say is, if the deal is still on the table to get rid of Conley, hopefully we will do it ASAP.

Kebab Stall
11-30-2008, 05:04 AM
We lost to the Thunder? The team, that before playing us, had only won one game and were on a 14 game losing streak. Dear God, make this trade go down. Warrick isn't doing anything and Conley is inconsistent at best.

Kebab Stall
12-06-2008, 06:05 AM
We won! This feels great. Granted it was against the Clippers, who basically suck worse than we do, but it's still a win. I think Lowry might be getting another start in the next game.

gasolina
12-06-2008, 11:47 AM
We won! This feels great. Granted it was against the Clippers, who basically suck worse than we do, but it's still a win. I think Lowry might be getting another start in the next game.

Marc and Mike didn't get starts. Anyone know why?

brandonislegend
12-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Rudy played real nice last night.

gasolina
12-07-2008, 05:23 PM
Wow, we got completely destroyed last night. It's getting ridiculous now.

Kebab Stall
12-07-2008, 05:40 PM
I think we all know that problem lies with the coaching and I think something will get done about that soon. Hopefully before Christmas.

gasolina
12-07-2008, 05:48 PM
I think we all know that problem lies with the coaching and I think something will get done about that soon. Hopefully before Christmas.

Kindly explain more. THe only obvious thing is he won't keep his players in. Most magnified in COnley's case. If he doesn't play well, then Lowry immediately subs for him.

I don't want Iavaroni to be like Terry Porter though. Dragic was the sole reason the Suns lost to the Mavs last week, and he still kept him in there after a Kwame-esque performance. JJ Barea was lighting him up big time.

Kebab Stall
12-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Iavaroni is not taking this team anywhere. He's made minimal improvements to the team. The reason our defense has improved is because of the addition of Kevin O'Neil, not because of Iavaroni. Iavaroni wants a fast team, which is good for our guards and Rudy, but that means Gasol is getting less touches. The ball isn't going inside as nearly as much as it should be.

Also, Iavaroni wouldn't be able to draw up a set play if his life depended on it. We need a coach who knows how to draw up plays and play in the half court. Running is fine and is an excellent way of getting easy point, but it should not be used as a primary offense, it should be used when possible to exploit the defense. Currently we have little to no half court plays, just swinging the ball around and look for an open shot, that doesn't work.

gasolina
12-10-2008, 05:22 PM
Tonight we play OKC again. Time for revenge!!!!!! :mad:

I want Darko to start again. Then let him proceed to tear Kevin Durant into two from the head down.

gasolina
12-12-2008, 12:05 PM
2 games in a row baby!!! :rockon:

Even if it was against a crippled Rockets team and OKC without Wilcox, it's still 2 wins! Yeah!

Also, I like how Darko and Lowry has been starting, gives the bench some offense with Warrick, Gasol and Conley.

Conley was awesome last game. Hope he plays like that from this point on.

berraco
12-12-2008, 02:47 PM
2 games in a row baby!!! :rockon:

Even if it was against a crippled Rockets team and OKC without Wilcox, it's still 2 wins! Yeah!

Also, I like how Darko and Lowry has been starting, gives the bench some offense with Warrick, Gasol and Conley.

Conley was awesome last game. Hope he plays like that from this point on.

Hopefully Conley continues playing like that.

Kebab Stall
12-13-2008, 03:56 AM
3 in a row! Gay with 29 points. Conley with a very impressive statline, 9 points / 10 boards / 7 assists. I think putting Conley on the bench was a good idea, it gives the bench some more scoring power. Warrick had 21/6. How come Arthur didn't play? Anyone know?

Also, we have won 4 of our last 5 games.

berraco
12-13-2008, 03:59 AM
wow, three games in a row. I can't believe it. With Darko and Conley playing well. That's really good news

Mississippi
12-15-2008, 09:13 AM
wow, three games in a row. I can't believe it. With Darko and Conley playing well. That's really good news
4 game win streak :rockon:

I still think Gasol should be starting, but that's just me. I really hate how inconsistent Hak can be at times. He needs to get it together but we got the win so I won't complain.

Anyone catch that crossover Wade had on Mayo? Shook him out of his shoes. Mayo still torched Wade though.

gasolina
12-15-2008, 10:35 AM
Darko with a Season High 13 pts :pimp:

Hahaha

berraco
12-15-2008, 02:02 PM
4 game win streak :rockon:

I still think Gasol should be starting, but that's just me. I really hate how inconsistent Hak can be at times. He needs to get it together but we got the win so I won't complain.

Anyone catch that crossover Wade had on Mayo? Shook him out of his shoes. Mayo still torched Wade though.

Pretty sick. As you said, the good thing is that even if Wade got the highlight, Mayo got the game.

gasolina
12-16-2008, 03:38 PM
Game tonight at home vs. New Orleans.

Maybe we can get revenge after they blew us off the earth in the last game.

berraco
12-16-2008, 06:17 PM
Game tonight at home vs. New Orleans.

Maybe we can get revenge after they blew us off the earth in the last game.

Paul is unstoppable for our guards, so you just have to take care that West doesn't contribute too much and pray that Peja or Posey do not have a good day from downtown. This is unpredictable, so defense on David West will be the key for us tonight. Darko and Gasol are being good on defense lately, and with Mayo and Gay on fire like they are, we have a small chance to win.

lilojmayo
12-16-2008, 07:23 PM
yeah im a big mayo fan but even i have to faced reality that we going to get shytted on by NO

JK

Mississippi
12-17-2008, 10:17 AM
Rudy came out blazing hot exploiting the Peja mismatch. We kept it close throughout the game until Peja pulled up and made a three from the corner with the defense draped on him. We came down the court, kicked it to Conley and clank. He missed it!

This was a game we lost in the last couple of minutes. Mayo had at least three turnovers in the fourth that decided the game. I'm still curious to why we go to Darko more than we go to Gasol. I'd like to see us get Gasol involved more.

berraco
12-17-2008, 08:25 PM
Rudy came out blazing hot exploiting the Peja mismatch. We kept it close throughout the game until Peja pulled up and made a three from the corner with the defense draped on him. We came down the court, kicked it to Conley and clank. He missed it!

This was a game we lost in the last couple of minutes. Mayo had at least three turnovers in the fourth that decided the game. I'm still curious to why we go to Darko more than we go to Gasol. I'd like to see us get Gasol involved more.

yeap, Gasol only got 3 shots in the game. And I don't get it. Maybe Wallace is shopping Darko around and wants him to look better than he is :eek:

gasolina
12-19-2008, 10:29 AM
Next one is Charlotte.

Hopefully we do a good job on D and try not to jack up stupid shots. Charlotte, as they are, is pretty dangerous once they lock you defensively.

I hope Okafor doesn't eat Mayo for dinner like he did Rose.

Go Grizz!

lilojmayo
12-19-2008, 08:05 PM
Next one is Charlotte.

Hopefully we do a good job on D and try not to jack up stupid shots. Charlotte, as they are, is pretty dangerous once they lock you defensively.

I hope Okafor doesn't eat Mayo for dinner like he did Rose.
Go Grizz!

come on now Drose is a one dimensional player Mayo can do it both from inside and outside which will keep okafor on his toes

liverpooty
12-19-2008, 08:36 PM
Charlottes better than their 8-18 record.

Should be a good game.

Mississippi
12-20-2008, 12:08 AM
Embarrassing lost. Boris Diaw and Okafor killed us. Mayo's double digit streak ended tonight with only 7 points.

brandonislegend
12-20-2008, 02:42 AM
Rudy Gay has played so well lately, im very proud.

Mike conley shows flashes of greatness hes so freaking quick but he still makes some bad decisions.

Kebab Stall
12-20-2008, 04:32 AM
What the hell happened? Diaw had 26/10/3, who was guarding him? Anyone? Or did we just have four guys on and let Diaw roam free, the guy hit 4 of 4 from beyond the arc.

We've got the Lakers and then Dallas next. We're going to have to play hard defense and move the ball well on offense to even stand a chance. We beat LA last year, in a very heated game (Darko had a 20/10 game), but they are much better from then.

Mississippi
12-22-2008, 11:56 PM
Rudy tried to be the hero tonight taking a quick three with 30+ seconds tonight and failed. :banghead:

Mayo played well. He got others involved and was clutch down the stretch but he had too many TOs in the fourth. He needs to take better care of the ball.

I was expecting a blowout, but we played hard throughout the game. We're not going to make the playoffs so all I want to see from this team every night is them competing and playing hard and they did that tonight.

brandonislegend
12-23-2008, 02:05 AM
Rudy tried to be the hero tonight taking a quick three with 30+ seconds tonight and failed. :banghead:

Mayo played well. He got others involved and was clutch down the stretch but he had too many TOs in the fourth. He needs to take better care of the ball.

I was expecting a blowout, but we played hard throughout the game. We're not going to make the playoffs so all I want to see from this team every night is them competing and playing hard and they did that tonight.

some go in some dont...

rudy gay had a great night good to see him get a few boards

Kebab Stall
12-23-2008, 08:49 AM
Rudy just couldn't get it going in the fourth. He had 23 points on 10-14 shooting at the end of the third and he finished the game with 23 points on 10-18 shooting. He should have been more assertive and played a bigger role in the fourth, maybe that 3 pointer with 30 secs left woul have fallen if Gay was hitting a few shots before. Other than the TOs and that awkward 3 point shot near the end of the game, Gay played pretty damn well.

Darko played well adding 11/8, I think it was. He played some nice defense, but sometimes the game got away from him. Lowry also had a nice game, getting 6/4/7. Also, the guards and swingmen really need to get the ball into Gasol. I'm sure I seen the ball go to Darko more than Gasol, it needs to be the other way around.

Mississippi
12-23-2008, 10:04 AM
Rudy just couldn't get it going in the fourth. He had 23 points on 10-14 shooting at the end of the third and he finished the game with 23 points on 10-18 shooting. He should have been more assertive and played a bigger role in the fourth, maybe that 3 pointer with 30 secs left woul have fallen if Gay was hitting a few shots before. Other than the TOs and that awkward 3 point shot near the end of the game, Gay played pretty damn well.

Darko played well adding 11/8, I think it was. He played some nice defense, but sometimes the game got away from him. Lowry also had a nice game, getting 6/4/7. Also, the guards and swingmen really need to get the ball into Gasol. I'm sure I seen the ball go to Darko more than Gasol, it needs to be the other way around.
Yes, Gasol has been in an awful slump, but he'll never break out of it if he doesn't get his touches.

gasolina
12-23-2008, 10:48 AM
Wait guys, this was a game against the Lakers. We were supposed to lose big time. We showed we can ride with them big players.

I'm still pissed off that we lost by 29 at home to the pussycats and their croissant chucking power forward

Kebab Stall
12-23-2008, 11:27 AM
Does anyone know why Darrell Arthur didn't play? He was suited up and ready to play, but he never seen the court. I thought he might have been able to provide some help D for Darko and/or Gasol to stop Pau and Bynum.

Anyway, yeah, I was mightly surprised that we were able to play that well against the Lakers. Let's hope we give the Mavs a run for their money tonight.

gasolina
12-24-2008, 10:06 AM
And we lose again to the Mavs. Have we beaten them since they drafted Dirk?

Mississippi
12-24-2008, 02:23 PM
Gasol got only 16 minutes :rolleyes:

Mississippi
12-28-2008, 01:05 AM
We could have beat the Spurs if Rudy would have got going.

Kebab Stall
12-28-2008, 07:47 AM
Rudy was just not there after the first quarter. It was like playing with only four guys when he was on the court. He showed no leadership, no confidence and showed almost no interest in the game. Why Iavaroni wanted to put the ball in Rudy's hands with 13.5 seconds left, I don't know, he wasted a few seconds before giving it to Mayo, who then got fouled, but nothing was called. The play should've been drawn up for Mayo, he was on fire and was always hitting the big shot. The result may have been different if the play was for OJ and not Rudy.

gasolina
12-28-2008, 12:54 PM
If we only had Darko, he would have limited Duncan last night.

derf
12-28-2008, 10:28 PM
its all on the coach he called a play for mike conley he got into the paint and tossed it back to gasol.oj was hot all game play should have been called for him or rudy.conley cant shoot,play defense or score in the paint.i dont know what everybody who likes him so much sees in him.when hes in the game he dribles the ball until the shot clock is under 10 sec almost every time.he reminds me of brevin knight someone on the team needs to speak up.what a great 4th pick:wtf:

Kebab Stall
12-29-2008, 10:04 AM
its all on the coach he called a play for mike conley he got into the paint and tossed it back to gasol.oj was hot all game play should have been called for him or rudy.conley cant shoot,play defense or score in the paint.i dont know what everybody who likes him so much sees in him.when hes in the game he dribles the ball until the shot clock is under 10 sec almost every time.he reminds me of brevin knight someone on the team needs to speak up.what a great 4th pick:wtf:
No it's not.

Mississippi
12-29-2008, 01:12 PM
Darko out 4-6 weeks. We're going to have a tough time guarding both Amare and Shaq on Tuesday. Also Steve Francis has been cleared to play Tuesday.

derf
12-29-2008, 03:14 PM
conley really is not a good player he cant do anything good he needs to go to the d league

CLB1973
12-30-2008, 06:30 AM
Conley is a pass first PG trying to operate under a crappy offensive scheme, of course he is going to look bad.

Memphis should go after a NY combo guard (Nate Robinson) with Conley as trade bait. He would look so sweet with a real coach who knows how to use his guards.

Kebab Stall
12-30-2008, 10:24 AM
We're really going to miss Darko against the Suns. Duncan had a huge game, scoring wise and last night Jefferson scored 38 points and now we face Shaq and Amare tonight. Without Darko, we have little to no interior defense and almost no size against two pretty big guys. Gasol might be OK, but I just think Shaq will over power him. The only thing that Arthur has going for him against Amare is speed and even then he hasn't got much of an edge.

Lowry had 12 assists last night. Let's hope he can get 8+ tonight. Also, is that the first time any Grizzly has put up 10+ assists this season?

gasolina
12-30-2008, 11:11 AM
It is so frustrating no to find a link for last night's game and sitting watching gamecast the WHOLE game only for Conley to turn it over and Rudy to brick shot after shot after shot.

Man, the grizz need Darko back. He is obviosly the best interior defender of the team.

Kebab Stall
12-30-2008, 11:34 AM
It is so frustrating no to find a link for last night's game and sitting watching gamecast the WHOLE game only for Conley to turn it over and Rudy to brick shot after shot after shot.

Man, the grizz need Darko back. He is obviosly the best interior defender of the team.
I sent you a PM regarding game links. Didn't want to post out here, because that's how the sites get taken down.

Also, last night just shows, that we look better against better teams and not so good against poorer teams.

gasolina
12-30-2008, 11:57 AM
Next is Phoenix at HOME, where we play infinitely better against better teams.

With Nash having back problems and Shaq playing his 2nd game as nights, we might have a chance to beat them.

Then again, even w/o Shaq and Nash, they still have Amare, J-Rich and Grant Hill. Which is still better than out Gayosol combo.

Please please please please let us win

Kebab Stall
12-30-2008, 12:15 PM
Lowry or Conley are going to have to have a good game and Hak is really going to have to play well. He has been playing quite well lately, putting up 16.5 ppg and 6.2 rpg over the last four games. So let's hope that he can put up similar numbers or better tonight.

derf
12-30-2008, 12:37 PM
for the second game in a row ivaroni goes away from the hot man and puts in mike dumbley.im not the biggest francis fan but he cant be worst than dumbley.how about a real double team on jefferson and force someone else to beat us.dumbley is in the game the wolves knew he couldnt shoot and cant finish in the paint.why are the grizz so high on this guy i dont see him being to much better than he is now.ivaroni needs to figure out whos batman and whos robin rudy or oj.kyle is a solid backup we need a pg who can shoot and mike just not good.we should hve won this game without darko.we need to start beating the teams that we are better than.things need to start looking up before our best players leave to free agency.

gasolina
12-30-2008, 01:05 PM
Yeah conley did suck it up big time.

I wish they'd rate Lowry higher than Conley in 2k9.

gasolina
12-30-2008, 11:33 PM
WTF is Memphis doing? I was able to watch up tp the 3rd quarter on the Phoenix game and they just unraveled at the 4th?

Why is Iavaroni putting in Conley who has been doing jack **** during crunch time when Lowry is obviously playing better?

Why does he take out Warrick when hes been playing well and is the only consistent scorer so far? (Did he injure himself?)

No Amare, no Nash, and we blow it!!!

Why does Rudy throw up random **** whenever he goes to the lane? You're 6'9 for cryin out loud finish stronger.

And why does OJ settle for fastbreak 3's? He's better than that!

Oh man what a way to end the game :banghead:

Kebab Stall
12-30-2008, 11:42 PM
I feel your pain.

I'm sayin this for the third time now, but it's completely true.....once the the final three minutes of a game come, the entire Grizz team (coaches included) turn into a bunch of clowns that struggle to complete the easiest of tasks out there.

They work hard and play well for almost a whole game, but no that's too much so they slack off and blow a f*cking 8 point lead going into the fourth and lose by 12.

derf
12-31-2008, 12:50 AM
i think ivaroni is trying to get the first pick by blowing games.mike dumbley is sorry as f*** hes the right man to blow a game

brandonislegend
12-31-2008, 03:57 AM
man, rudy looks like crap lately...same with mayo

Kebab Stall
12-31-2008, 09:17 AM
Gasol and Hak have been playing well lately and hopefully they can keep this up, because it's pretty obvious that no one else is doing anything worth mentioning. Except for maybe Lowry who is finally starting to look like a good passing guard. He's not taking bad shots and is getting to the line quite a bit. He definitly seems to have kicked the habit of jacking up contested three pointers.

gasolina
12-31-2008, 10:49 AM
Some observations from last night's game:

1. Hakim Warrick, has absolutely zero back to the basket game. He gets his points of pick and rolls and abusing smaller guards whenever they switch. His pick and pop jumpshot though, is pretty consistent. Problem with him is he gets pushed around quite often during rebounding, which is a problem especially when playing with Gasol, as Gasol is a tad too slow to chase boards.

2. Rudy Gay is full of ****. All the shots he takes (and makes) are contested shots. Its like he's always looking for his jumpshot, even when he's in the lane. That's why his FTA's are pretty low, and that's why his FG% are in the 40s. He also seems to disappear in stretches. I think his dribble is suspect, as once his defender squares up on him, he passes it back to his PG or takes a jumpshot, never did he take someone off the dribble.

3. OJ Mayo is a classic 2 guard with a mid range game. He's too small to take it to the rack though, and has trouble finishing in traffic. Hopefully he bulks up in seasons to come. His jumpshot is great, although it was off last night. I don't see him running the point, as he "freezes" the offense a lot.

4. Conley is trash, let's trade him. Too small to guard anyone. He can pass it good, but when the one guarding him is playing for the pass, he's got to show that he can shoot it as well.

5. Kyle Lowry is good enough to start for us. Sometime he makes boneheaded passes in fastbreaks. He should try getting the ball to Rudy in transition rather than give it to Mayo for a homerun 3. Unlike Rudy, he can and is taking it to the hole.

6. Marc Gasol is a legit center. He has good footwork and a nice post up game. He had some trouble scoring against Shaq because he relies heavily on his size to score.

Mississippi
12-31-2008, 05:45 PM
Sometimes it seems when Mayo is playing well, Gay will try to do something to one up him and fail. He needs to learn to take better shots and use his athleticism to his advantage. I'm so tired of him taking long jumpers. We should just start benching Rudy in fourth quarters of close games. It's like his mind goes blank. He is terrible down the stretch. Lowry/Mayo/Ross/Arthur/Gasol is our go to lineup in crunchtime. None of those guys will take buckets away from Mayo and just get back and let him do his thing. He's been so clutch.

I've been saying from the beginning Conley is trash. Hopefully Francis can help us off the bench. We need a scorer. Hell Jaric would probably help us more than Conley.

gasolina
01-02-2009, 11:10 AM
Game tonight at home vs. the Spurs. The Spurs coming off a moral victory of some sorts against the Bucks where they almost pulled off a miracle comeback. We are coming off one of the biggest 4th quarter chokejobs I have ever seen.

With Darko out again, Tim Duncan, like Shaq, Al Jefferson, and himself last week, would ravage our frontline with offensive rebounds and easy putbacks.

We are destined to fail tonight.

Insert fail pic here

Kebab Stall
01-02-2009, 03:56 PM
I hope this is as exciting as the last game against the Spurs. Despite Duncan scoring 29 points, we still managed to take one of the best teams in the league to 2OT.

Without Darko though, Duncan is going to have a damn good time out there. Gasol can only hope to slow him down a bit, because he won't stop him. Arthur has been disappointing as of late and I don't expect much tonight from him, so I hope to see Hak come out and get 20 or so points.

I'd like to see Haddadi get a few minutes here and there tonight. He can provide some size and really get in the way of Duncan, he just won't provide much on the offensive end. Maybe he's been practicing the pick and roll and he could bust that out tonight, because I'd hate to be a guard and run into a guy that size. If Haddadi got the right coaching he could be a nice passer out of the high post, given that height and length.

Rudy and OJ are going to have to play well. OJ is going to have to hit his shots and Rudy is going to have be assertive and not be a f@g and disappear completely after the first quarter like he did in the last game against the Spurs.

I also hope Lowry dishes out 8+ assists, because I think if he and conley can get the ball to Gasol more, then Gasol can take it at Duncan and try get him in foul troube, I think that would be a good route to take. Get Duncan in foul trouble and then take advantage of the mismatches.

I also do not want to see Ross in the lineup if it's a close game at the end, especially if Hak plays well. We need another scoring option in the game other than Rudy and OJ, because the Spurs will look to harass Rudy as much as possible in the final minutes.

SCREWstonRockets
01-02-2009, 08:31 PM
I hope they throw Stevie in there at some point in the game. Let them work Steve into their rotation and he'll eventually be that 3rd scoring option.

jailer
01-03-2009, 03:57 PM
I hope they throw Stevie in there at some point in the game. Let them work Steve into their rotation and he'll eventually be that 3rd scoring option.

I want that as well. But francis isnt with the team yet. His first practice will be today.

brandonislegend
01-05-2009, 03:22 AM
rudy gay, oj mayo, and marc gasol all played well, very proud of how they stayed in the game when the mavs took a 1 point lead.

Kebab Stall
01-05-2009, 11:06 AM
Gasol had 19 points in the first half and 0 in the second, what happened? I realise Mayo and Gay started to warm up, but they shouldn't have stopped trying to feed the big man who was hot.

brandonislegend
01-05-2009, 02:47 PM
Gasol had 19 points in the first half and 0 in the second, what happened? I realise Mayo and Gay started to warm up, but they shouldn't have stopped trying to feed the big man who was hot.

he looked alittle fatigued

derf
01-07-2009, 11:28 PM
we need a point guard who can shoot and a gorilla in the low post and things will start looking up.trade mike conley for a 1st rd pick and hope we win the lotto.blake griffin and stephan curry.nothing wrong with dreaming:sleeping

brandonislegend
01-08-2009, 01:54 AM
i dont see how stephen curry would be a PG our system would need, we need a playmaker that CAN shoot not a SHOOTER that can sometimes playmake

if we wanted that just put mayo at PG.

Kebab Stall
01-08-2009, 01:45 PM
i dont see how stephen curry would be a PG our system would need, we need a playmaker that CAN shoot not a SHOOTER that can sometimes playmake

if we wanted that just put mayo at PG.
Agreed, Curry should not be high on the Grizzlies' 'who to draft' list.

derf
01-08-2009, 03:02 PM
so i guess conley is a playmaker?i wouldnt take curry with a high draft pick put i would take him.conley is a bust like stromile and bryant reeves the griz just make mistakes with the 1st rd picks.we are lucky the t wolves were dumb enough to take love or we could add him to the list of bad draft picks.im hoping we get the 1st pick blake griffin would be our post player we need.

gasolina
01-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Then again, we have never been lucky with the lottery. Even if we finished like 8th worst,we'd probably get the 10-12th pick :mad:

Kebab Stall
01-08-2009, 05:51 PM
Then again, we have never been lucky with the lottery. Even if we finished like 8th worst,we'd probably get the 10-12th pick :mad:
Agreed. I doubt we get a good enough pick to get someone like Griffin, Monroe, Holiday or even Clark. Maybe if DeJuan Blair's stock keeps rising we might get a bit of luck come our way and pick him up around the 10th or so pick. If we get some really rotten luck, which I think we will, then we may aswell just trade the pick and try and get some talent that way and then try and get something with our second round pick.

Mississippi
01-09-2009, 09:48 PM
Haddadi couldn't get into Canada. That sucks!

brandonislegend
01-10-2009, 04:12 AM
http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116002

comment about rudy gay if you want.

Kebab Stall
01-10-2009, 06:23 AM
Haddadi couldn't get into Canada. That sucks!
:oldlol:

Mississippi
01-16-2009, 11:52 PM
Well we made a big comeback in the second half because of our bench. Conley, Jaric, Hak & D. Miles played great. Jaric and Miles have great chemistry. I think we would have won this game if Ivaroni had the balls to bench Gay. Gay played terrible and turned the ball over alot in the second half. I really am under the assumption the opposing teams pay him to choke in the second half of games. I can't understand why Mayo and Gay can't play great on the same nights.

Kebab Stall
01-25-2009, 05:48 AM
9 game losing streak. Why can't Gay and Mayo have good games together? Gay had a good night in the previous game and Mayo played well against the Nets. I do like how Rudy is rebounding more, that's a nice thing to see. He's going to have to keep that up, because he's shown that he's not always going to be able to score (which really pisses me off considering his size and length), so he's going to have to do more out than just try and score. Rebound, pass and defend.

I really hope that Hollins can make some adjustments with this team. Make use of Gay's size and length. Try and use Arthur a bit more, like Davis has tried to do the past two games. Use Conley and Lowry more effectively and also to get the ball to Gasol more.

I think when Darko comes back, we might see some improvements. Not much and nothing special, but atleast something to enjoy.

Mississippi
01-25-2009, 11:08 AM
^^If you watch the games you'd see Rudy does nothing on the offensive end but jack up jumpshots all game. His jumper is inconsistent. If he started to attack the rack more and get to the line, I'm sure his jumper will eventually start to fall.

Kebab Stall
01-25-2009, 11:50 AM
^^If you watch the games you'd see Rudy does nothing on the offensive end but jack up jumpshots all game. His jumper is inconsistent. If he started to attack the rack more and get to the line, I'm sure his jumper will eventually start to fall.
I know that's all he does. Which is why he pisses me off. A guy with his size, length and athleticism should never be settling for three pointers, especially contested three pointers. He should be averaging 16-18 points a game on dunks alone. He should also be making a lot more trips the foul line, but he just isn't aggressive enough.

He's also the kind of guy that will shoot and shoot and shoot to try and a get a rhythm going. That doesn't work. He needs to get some easy shots first then, if he's feeling it, step back. Never try to get your feel from beyond the arc, always start close.

I hope that Hollins can light a fire under him and let him know that he (Rudy) is not as good as he seems to think he is.

gasolina
01-28-2009, 12:02 PM
Did I see a OJ Mayo - Rudy Gay eye in the sky play last night?

Hopefully its a sign of things to come.

Mississippi
02-02-2009, 10:41 PM
The Losing Steak is Over!

Wow what a game! Mayo, Gay, Conley, Gasol & even Greg Buckner all played great tonight. OJ tied his career high with 33 tonight but I'm more proud of Rudy. He settled for the J a couple of times, but he attacked the rim alot and got to the line. He had a sick break away. Darius had an open dunk but instead through it to Rudy. It should be on ESPN tonight. Hollins has gotten these guys competing and over the last couple games Gay & Mayo have finally gotten on the same page. It's exciting to watch.

BTW, Lowry sprained his ankle & Haddadi got a haircut.

Mississippi
02-07-2009, 11:40 AM
Our defense was terrible last night. The only players that played like that had some balls were Rudy and Buck. Eric Gordon, Z-Bo, & Ricky Buckets killed us. Gordon had his way with O.J. all game.

Mississippi
02-07-2009, 09:57 PM
Anyone know why Rudy and Darrell are not playing tonight?

Mississippi
02-07-2009, 11:45 PM
Just heard Mayo was out with a hip flexor and Arthur was out because of family reasons.

Anyway with Gay out I was expecting Mayo to have 20+ but he struggled all game until the fourth quarter after he hit a technical free throw. That one shot got him going. After that he made 3 consecutive baskets and the dagger three to seal the deal. Conley was fantastic tonight. He blew by Calderon on several plays and got other involved.

Mississippi
02-08-2009, 01:22 PM
Anyone got the vid of Conley crossing Calderon?

gasolina
02-12-2009, 11:20 AM
We lost last night to the sixers but we showed tremendous gut by coming back at the 4th (we always get pummeled in the 4th) even without Rudy Gay, Darrel Arthur, and Kyle Lowry.

Those guys play like 75 minutes each game.

Next game is at utah next week after the break. Hopefully Rudy is back and Kirilenko and Boozer isn't

gasolina
02-18-2009, 01:13 PM
Anybody watch the Utah game?

We got creamed in the 4th again. Lowry needs to find his touch with Hollins. He has been playing terrible since Iavaroni was fired. When Mr. Adriana Lima jumps over you in the rotation, you know you gotta do something.

Darko played great, anybody who saw the game tell me how he's getting his buckets? Is it trash around the rim or is he actually posting up?

jailer
02-18-2009, 03:07 PM
Wow after seeing that tyson chandler went to the thunder for nothing.This just reaffirms the point that we shoud of traded for amare. This just shows which owners want to win and which ones want to save money.

brandonislegend
02-18-2009, 03:12 PM

We got creamed in the 4th again. Lowry needs to find his touch with Hollins. He has been playing terrible since Iavaroni was fired. When Mr. Adriana Lima jumps over you in the rotation, you know you gotta do something.

Darko played great, anybody who saw the game tell me how he's getting his buckets? Is it trash around the rim or is he actually posting up?

I wanted to watch it so bad, I love deron williams plus the grizzlies is must watch TV, cept for my dad gave me tickets to a SUITE lakers vs hawks all you can eat/drink couldnt resist :D

berraco
02-18-2009, 04:31 PM
Wow after seeing that tyson chandler went to the thunder for nothing.This just reaffirms the point that we shoud of traded for amare. This just shows which owners want to win and which ones want to save money.

Notice that New Orleans got in return two good expirers. The grizzlies do not have anything for Phoenix to unload payroll in the same way as the Hornets did with Chandler's trade. The Grizzlies-Suns deal wouldn't be so easy.

Kebab Stall
02-18-2009, 05:00 PM

He only had 3 offensive boards, so he must have posted up quite a bit, since he had 15 points.

Mississippi
02-18-2009, 07:58 PM
Sorry I forgot to post. Anyway, Darko got most of his points in the paint off hook shots and dunks. Jaric and Darko play well together. I'm really starting to like Marco being our backup. He can get in the lane when he wants but he struggles to finish at the rim. He got to the rim several times last night but it just rolled around the rim. We really need a three point shooter to spread the floor so when our guards penetrate and draw the defense someone who can knock down shots will be open.

jailer
02-19-2009, 12:21 AM
We were able to put a run together befor the half to pull with in four vs the blazers. Hopefull they can make a nice run in the second half.

gasolina
02-28-2009, 12:17 AM
We've lost a good string of games now. Why aren't we winning? It doesn't seem that the Grizz are playing awful? Are we in full tank mode now?

jailer
02-28-2009, 01:41 AM
We've lost a good string of games now. Why aren't we winning? It doesn't seem that the Grizz are playing awful? Are we in full tank mode now?

Yeah conley talked about how they are trying so hard but still losing. But he said that they would have to practice even harder and come out and play with more intensity in the next game.

Kebab Stall
02-28-2009, 05:22 AM
I don't know why we've been losing. It seems as though everyone is playing hard and everyone is doing the right thing, but we just can't hang on. I looked at the schedule and I thought we could've gotten atleast 2 wins from our last 6 games.

Next 5:

OKC
@ LAL
@ LAC
PHI
@ HOU

We should be able to get wins over OKC and Philly, but we have lost to OKC before. I also think we might be able to push the Lakers like we normally do. Clippers, maybe a win, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Clipps won. Houston, I dunno, more than likely a loss.

Mississippi
02-28-2009, 11:53 PM
We lost to a Kevin Durantless Thunder team. :rolleyes:

gasolina
03-01-2009, 02:27 AM
Damn we just suck so much right now. The only positive thing in this is that we might get a higher pick.

Maybe we can have final revenge on OKC by bagging Blake Griffin.

Kebab Stall
03-01-2009, 05:28 AM
Damn. A loss to OKC who didn't have Durant. That is just shameful. On a brighter note though, I'm suprised at how long Conley has been able to keep this kind of play up. He's playing damn well right now.

lilojmayo
03-01-2009, 07:23 PM
yeah there is no excuse for loosing to a durantless thunder. None.

We got Lakers next homefully we don't get blown out.

Mississippi
03-04-2009, 12:10 AM
I think I just heard Marco Jaric is 0-21 since marrying Adriana Lima. Wow!

jailer
03-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Wow I understand that the lakers are a much better team than the grizz. But that does not excuse the fact that the grizz were out hustled by the lakers bench. The grizz are not showing energy on either end of the floor. They need more defensive intensity.

Its gonna be a great day when this season is over.

Kebab Stall
03-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Wow I understand that the lakers are a much better team than the grizz. But that does not excuse the fact that the grizz were out hustled by the lakers bench. The grizz are not showing energy on either end of the floor. They need more defensive intensity.

Its gonna be a great day when this season is over.
Agreed.

I can't believe how bad this season has gone. I knew this season was going to be poor and it was a learning process for these guys, but f*cking hell, this season is just full of downs and no ups. There's very little to look forward to.

Maybe a high pick in a low quailty draft. If Monroe doesn't come out this year, then we better pray for that first pick and get Griffin, otherwise we're screwed, unless Wallace does a good trade and brings in high talent player, which I really doubt he will do.

Also maybe Conley's improvement and if he can continue this play into the next season.

Gay has regressed so much it's a f*cking joke.

Players lack intensity.

Terrible season.

berraco
03-04-2009, 05:23 PM
This season is being a hell again... I don't even think they will be able to reach the 22 wins.

Mississippi
03-04-2009, 06:13 PM
Agreed.

I can't believe how bad this season has gone. I knew this season was going to be poor and it was a learning process for these guys, but f*cking hell, this season is just full of downs and no ups. There's very little to look forward to.

Maybe a high pick in a low quailty draft. If Monroe doesn't come out this year, then we better pray for that first pick and get Griffin, otherwise we're screwed, unless Wallace does a good trade and brings in high talent player, which I really doubt he will do.

Also maybe Conley's improvement and if he can continue this play into the next season.

Gay has regressed so much it's a f*cking joke.

Players lack intensity.

Terrible season.
Yeah Rudy is playing bad. He fell in love with his jumpshot. You would think he is shooting 50% from the field with all the shots he take. He has so much talent and continues to settle for jumpers.

brandonislegend
03-05-2009, 03:08 AM
just got back from game, had courtside seats, got a picture with darrell arthur, rudy gay killed. the end ill post pics later

jailer
03-07-2009, 03:08 AM
just got back from game, had courtside seats, got a picture with darrell arthur, rudy gay killed. the end ill post pics later

Were you at the clippers game?

brandonislegend
03-07-2009, 05:55 AM
yeah

Kebab Stall
03-08-2009, 05:39 AM
Anyone watch the game last night?

I said in the OJ Mayo thread in the main forum, that Gasol should be used more for this game, because Philly have no one big enough or strong enough to stop Gasol. I also said that Gasol is more effective when he sets screens and then cuts to the basket, rather than trying to post up.

I didn't watch the game, so can anyone tell me how he was getting his points?

Also, Conley's improvement is just amazing at the moment. It wasn't too long ago that he was basically afraid to run the game and he had to keep looking to the bench to see what plays to call. Now he's doing this, dropping 30 points. I can't believe how much Iavaroni was holding him back.

Mississippi
03-08-2009, 09:33 AM
Conley was burning Andre Miller. He's finally using his quickness. If anyone remembers though, he played extremely well toward the end of last season as well but hopefully he takes his improved play into next year.

gasolina
03-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Somehow, with the Grizz losing almost every ****in game, it seems alright with me because I see Conley developing like a top 5 pick should be.

Get that high draft pick yo!

Mississippi
03-08-2009, 10:07 PM
Somehow, with the Grizz losing almost every ****in game, it seems alright with me because I see Conley developing like a top 5 pick should be.

Get that high draft pick yo!
If only we could get OJ and Rudy on the same page. I would hate for Rudy to get traded because I know we wouldn't get equal value for him. If we can get a high draft pick, maybe first overall and draft Blake Griffin then I feel we will be a future powerhouse. We have cap space to add some depth, maybe a couple veterans. Things are looking up.

Edit: I've been thinking, what if we don't get the first, second or third pick and Thabeet, Griffin & Monroe are all gone then who and what do we go after? A backup point guard? A small foward?

GoldMedallist
03-09-2009, 05:38 AM
Memphis must try to develop Conley and Marc. Conley - Mayo - Gasol is the future of the team, if this team have any future. Use the money and some other players to complete that roster:

Example:

Free agent: Sign Shawn Marion.
Trade: Trade Rudy Gay for a good 4 and something more, for example Scola, and a 1st round pick.

2009-2010:

Conley
Mayo
Marion
Scola
Gasol

and 2 first round pick, one of them a high one. That's an impressive defensive team who can score.

And you will have a playoff team.

Kebab Stall
03-09-2009, 12:19 PM
If only we could get OJ and Rudy on the same page. I would hate for Rudy to get traded because I know we wouldn't get equal value for him. If we can get a high draft pick, maybe first overall and draft Blake Griffin then I feel we will be a future powerhouse. We have cap space to add some depth, maybe a couple veterans. Things are looking up.

Edit: I've been thinking, what if we don't get the first, second or third pick and Thabeet, Griffin & Monroe are all gone then who and what do we go after? A backup point guard? A small foward?
I'll be surprised if Griffin, Thabeet and Monroe all go within the top 3. G'Town aren't going to the big dance, so the opportunity for Monroe to show everyone what he is made of is gone. His stock has plumeted and I don't see him getting picked in the top 3.

This is a good thing for us, because we can finish with the worst record and have the most ping pong balls, yet we still won't get a top 3 pick.

If we don't get Griffin, Thabeet or Monroe, then maybe we should go after someone like Harden, though he might be taken quite early.

I know one thing, if we're on the board and either Thabeet or Monroe or both are available and Wallace passes on them, I will have no respect at all for that man, unless we get the first and can get Griffin, but I think it's safe to say, that that's not happening.

brandonislegend
03-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Memphis must try to develop Conley and Marc. Conley - Mayo - Gasol is the future of the team, if this team have any future. Use the money and some other players to complete that roster:

Example:

Free agent: Sign Shawn Marion.
Trade: Trade Rudy Gay for a good 4 and something more, for example Scola, and a 1st round pick.

2009-2010:

Conley
Mayo
Marion
Scola
Gasol

and 2 first round pick, one of them a high one. That's an impressive defensive team who can score.

And you will have a playoff team.

haha wow

then watch it blow up in our face in 2-3 years hes 22 years old people tend to forget, sky is the limit.

Mississippi
03-09-2009, 06:25 PM
I'll be surprised if Griffin, Thabeet and Monroe all go within the top 3. G'Town aren't going to the big dance, so the opportunity for Monroe to show everyone what he is made of is gone. His stock has plumeted and I don't see him getting picked in the top 3.

This is a good thing for us, because we can finish with the worst record and have the most ping pong balls, yet we still won't get a top 3 pick.

If we don't get Griffin, Thabeet or Monroe, then maybe we should go after someone like Harden, though he might be taken quite early.

I know one thing, if we're on the board and either Thabeet or Monroe or both are available and Wallace passes on them, I will have no respect at all for that man, unless we get the first and can get Griffin, but I think it's safe to say, that that's not happening.
Monroe has time to increase his stock during mini camps and during pre-draft workouts. If you ask me, he's a top 3 pick. I'd draft him before Thabeet.

brandonislegend
03-09-2009, 11:46 PM
Monroe has time to increase his stock during mini camps and during pre-draft workouts. If you ask me, he's a top 3 pick. I'd draft him before Thabeet.

me too.

GoldMedallist
03-10-2009, 04:18 AM
haha wow

then watch it blow up in our face in 2-3 years hes 22 years old people tend to forget, sky is the limit.

Do you really think he is gonna improve in Memphis, the way this team play? He is playing worse every season.

If you want Mayo to be your first scorer, Gay is near useless. Trade him now, because his value will drop every season.

brandonislegend
03-10-2009, 05:32 AM
He is playing worse every season.
i guess, he was almost most improved last season, this season isnt even over thats not even 1 whole season....

Kebab Stall
03-10-2009, 08:52 AM
Do you really think he is gonna improve in Memphis, the way this team play? He is playing worse every season.

If you want Mayo to be your first scorer, Gay is near useless. Trade him now, because his value will drop every season.
Playing worse every season? This is only his third season and he improved incredibly from his rookie season to his sophmore season. He's only had a disappointing season this year.

GoldMedallist
03-10-2009, 09:52 AM
Playing worse every season? This is only his third season and he improved incredibly from his rookie season to his sophmore season. He's only had a disappointing season this year.

In points per game, of course he improved a lot from his rookie season. But look to his percentages and you will see he didn't improve a lot, just he took a lot more shots.

And he's having a horrible season, but he only shoots, shoots and shoots. He won't be ever a franchise player, and he won't let the good core (Conley - Mayo - Gasol) to develop. Memphis need Gay out of the team, the sooner the better (if the team waits, his value will fall more and more).

jailer
03-10-2009, 03:03 PM
In points per game, of course he improved a lot from his rookie season. But look to his percentages and you will see he didn't improve a lot, just he took a lot more shots.

And he's having a horrible season, but he only shoots, shoots and shoots. He won't be ever a franchise player, and he won't let the good core (Conley - Mayo - Gasol) to develop. Memphis need Gay out of the team, the sooner the better (if the team waits, his value will fall more and more).

Ok after reading your rambling. I agree that gay shouldnt be the franchise player. But he is learning how to do other things since lionel hollins took over. All of his numbers are up since the new coach.

But we have already seen the the grizz wont trade rudy. They had a chance at amare stoudamire and then didnt jump at the chance.

GoldMedallist
03-11-2009, 09:28 AM
If you agree Gay won't be the franchise player, here is the problem: If you want Mayo to be your first option, and developp the young core around him (Conley and Gasol), then it's a problem Rudy Gay making 20+ shots per game, with 0.446 FG% (decent) and 0,314 3pt% (quite bad).

jailer
03-11-2009, 03:44 PM
But im not even sure if mayo can be a franchise guy. We will have to wait and see how he plays next season and how much work he ut into the offseason.

Kebab Stall
03-11-2009, 03:55 PM
But im not even sure if mayo can be a franchise guy. We will have to wait and see how he plays next season and how much work he ut into the offseason.
I don't think we need to worry about how much work Mayo is going to put in over the offseason. One of his best attributes is how hard he is willing to work and how much he wants to learn. I wouldn't be surprised if he only gave himself 3 or 4 weeks off before getting back in the gym and working on his game all summer.

gasolina
03-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Yeah who would've thought that OJ would be our best player in just his rookie year? A picture OJ to have a Dwyane Wade type sophomore year.

Kebab Stall
03-11-2009, 05:27 PM
Yeah who would've thought that OJ would be our best player in just his rookie year? A picture OJ to have a Dwyane Wade type sophomore year.
Wade put up 24/5/7 (6.8, but we'll call it 7) in his sophmore year. I don't see Mayo putting those kind of averages up. He should be able to hit 21ppg about 5 boards and about 4, maybe 5 assists per game. Which will still be damn impressive for a 2nd year player.

Mississippi
03-11-2009, 06:04 PM
Mayo really needs to add more moves to his repertoire though.

Mississippi
03-11-2009, 08:43 PM
We're getting blown out right now to a T'wolves team without there two best players and Rudy continues to settle for that fallaway jumpshot.

gasolina
03-12-2009, 12:38 AM
Wade put up 24/5/7 (6.8, but we'll call it 7) in his sophmore year. I don't see Mayo putting those kind of averages up. He should be able to hit 21ppg about 5 boards and about 4, maybe 5 assists per game. Which will still be damn impressive for a 2nd year player.

I didn't mean statistically, but rather, improve so much that he gets national attention, like Dwade.

Are we really in full tank mode? I haven't been able to watch the past games. It seems we are just blowing game after game after game.

brandonislegend
03-12-2009, 12:47 AM
I'm honestly starting to think the coaches are telling rudy gay to take shots like that to get experience for next year? You know what they say you cant learn a new skill unless your in a game element...

Theres no explantion, they want a high draft pick.

Theres no way rudy gay is taking these shots if they want to win.

gasolina
03-12-2009, 12:44 PM
I'm honestly starting to think the coaches are telling rudy gay to take shots like that to get experience for next year? You know what they say you cant learn a new skill unless your in a game element...

Theres no explantion, they want a high draft pick.

Theres no way rudy gay is taking these shots if they want to win.

That's great and all, but you know what they say, you gotta learn to crawl before you walk. Why not force him to take it to the hole each and every time (He's freakin 6'9 with long arms!!!) and improve his handle.

It's gotta be pretty sad to be a Grizzly fan living in Memphis... at least us outsiders can watch other games and divert our attention. I don't want to wake up and see the paper saying "Grizzlies get blown away" every morning.

FIXED
03-12-2009, 05:32 PM
By no means am I a grizzlies fan. I, however watch alot of grizzlies games, thanks to lilojmayo's OJ Mayo thread. I have to say OJ Mayo is no doubt going to be a Franchise Player. How many rookies can score 19 4 3 with a team cancer right next to him ( Rudy Gay). Mayo needs to take charge of the team demand the ball, instead of always standing on the baseline if he isn't involved in a play.

Mayo will work on alot of his weaknesses this summer, probably train with Dwyane Wade again like he did last summer. I can see him making a Kevin Durant/Wade/LeBron type of rookie to soph jump, if and only if Rudy Gay gets traded. If Gay stays I can see his numbers staying about the same as they are now.

Gay is really the cancer that is holding Mayo back for super stardom. Gay is shooting 16 shots a game about 12 of those are chucked shots. If you guys give some of those to Mayo he can easily be a 25ppg/4reb/4 assist guy next year. The formula is simple just trade Gay. Mayo becomes a superstar, and you guys will win a few more games.

gasolina
03-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Trade Gay? I woudn't be too sure. Rome wasn't built in a day.

As someone else said, Gay is only 22 yrs old. He was playing a lot better in his sophomore year, so he may just have a bad year. Also, this is the first time he's playing with another scorer in the wings. Also, the ever changing style of play might have also gotten to him. In 2007 we were exclusively a run and gun team under Iavaroni. Early this season, Iavaroni wanted to slow things down. Hollins wanted to run at first, but now he's slowing things down again.

A lot of people (me included) wanted COnley out when he was sucking balls with Iavaroni. Look at his production now.

I really hope this team finds itself on training camp. They need to establish an identity.

jailer
03-12-2009, 07:55 PM
Yeah I agree I hope they hit the ground running next season. If the grizz get some players I will get season tickets next year.

Mississippi
03-16-2009, 10:19 AM
Conley had way too many turnovers last night but he was getting to the rim at will and he even knocked down a couple three pointers. He seems to be improving by the game.

Mississippi
03-18-2009, 08:47 PM
Rudy Gay taking it to Carmelo. He also just jammed over Kleiza.

brandonislegend
03-18-2009, 11:05 PM
sigh.

Kebab Stall
03-19-2009, 01:47 PM
Arthur had a good game across the board, 10/7/1 with 4 steals and 5 blocks to boot.

Kebab Stall
03-29-2009, 06:10 AM
So, after scoring 113 points in one game, we struggle to score 70 points in the next?

berraco
03-29-2009, 01:22 PM
So, after scoring 113 points in one game, we struggle to score 70 points in the next?
That's the Grizzlies

Mississippi
03-30-2009, 10:12 PM
We got the Warriors coming up in a bit. I don't think Crawford or Jackson will play so this is a game we can win. I'm about to go watch the game and I'll let you guys know how it goes. I hope my Mississippi fam Monta doesn't do us too bad.

Mississippi
03-30-2009, 11:28 PM
Rudy Gay just took flight. The extension on that dunk was amazing. Be on the lookout for it guys.

brandonislegend
03-31-2009, 12:46 AM
Rudy Gay just took flight. The extension on that dunk was amazing. Be on the lookout for it guys.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :rockon:

Mississippi
03-31-2009, 08:13 AM
Couldn't ask for a better night.

Rudy Gay-21 points, 5 rebs, 4 assists, 5 blocks, 2 steals
Mike Conley-21 points, 6 rens. 6 assists, 4 steals
OJ Mayo-24 points, 3 rebounds, 10 assists, 2 steals

Hak dropped 16 points off the bench in 20 minutes and Haddadi 10 points and 8 rebs in 10 minutes. Amazing game.

I'm hoping we can get a performance like this out of Rudy every night. He had at least 4-5 dunks and attacked the basket aggressively on a couple of plays and got to the line.

Kebab Stall
03-31-2009, 09:15 AM
Really good night stat wise and we got the win. I'm happy. I just hope we can get to atleast 22 wins this season.

JJ81
04-04-2009, 09:54 PM
Mayo hasn't had a good half going 0-4 :(

Marc Gasol has his career high in free throw attempts (12) after the first half.

Kebab Stall
04-05-2009, 04:59 AM
Whoo! 22 wins in the bank and we've still got 6 games left. Let's hope we can churn out a couple more.

It's going to be rather tough though.

Portland
@ Orlando
Phoenix
@ LA Lakers
@ Phoenix
Atlanta

Those are the final 6 games. Looking at those teams, I don't feel too confident about coming away with more than 2 wins. But, this team has been playing extremely well lately and I can't help but wonder, that we might get an upset or two.

Mississippi
04-06-2009, 06:04 PM
If Rudy keeps playing the way he has been then I think we can squeeze out at least three. When was the last time we've been on a 4 game win streak?

JJ81
04-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Go for it, Grizzlies!:rockon:

JJ81
04-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Wow, I didn't watch this game but how did you guys throw this one away? :( :banghead: :ohwell:

jailer
04-08-2009, 02:27 AM
Wow, I didn't watch this game but how did you guys throw this one away? :( :banghead: :ohwell:

The refs were prety bad in the second half. We had a chance to win there at the end still. But even a loss is a good thing this season. We dont want to get to far out of the griffing sweepstakes.

brandonislegend
04-08-2009, 04:19 AM
Sigh I thought we had it after rudy hit that turn around...freaking roy haha good game though enjoyed it.

Kebab Stall
04-08-2009, 05:57 AM
I'm not disappointed. We had a 4 game winning streak and only lost by 3 points last night. I just want one more win, so we can finally get past 22 wins.

jailer
04-08-2009, 12:48 PM
yeah we got six games left. I want three more wins.

Kebab Stall
04-11-2009, 05:18 AM
23rd WIN!!!

I'm so happy. I know it's not much to be happy about, but as Memphis fans, I'm sure most of you are also filled with joy right now.

Kebab Stall
04-16-2009, 05:26 AM
I'm glad we finished the season with a win, but now we must focus on more important things i.e. a good offseason.

gasolina
04-16-2009, 12:11 PM
I'm glad we finished the season with a win, but now we must focus on more important things i.e. a good offseason.

Yeah I got a creeping feeling that the Grizz would probably be doing more salary shaving than adding talent.

jailer
04-17-2009, 03:16 PM
Yeah I got a creeping feeling that the Grizz would probably be doing more salary shaving than adding talent.

I dont agree. The grizzlies just had their final media day of the season. And from the players to the front office everyone was in agreement that free agents were needed. Wallace said " You cant just keep adding rookies and expect to be a championship team" He went on to talk about going after some frontciurt players in the offseason. Coach hollins also talked about needing more talented players on the team.

I got a good feeling this offseason. I expect at least one or two off season additions coming through free agency not the draft.