PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here still think the Pistons get better after the Trade?

Kiddlovesnets
11-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Losing to the NJ Nets(which is considered a non-playoff team this year) successfully illustrates that this viewpoint is simply a joke.

Real Men Wear Green
11-08-2008, 10:40 AM
It might not work out for them, but it's only one game, and their first game at that. It's wiser to wait before the deal is judged a failure.

embersyc
11-08-2008, 10:41 AM
It's his first game with the team, what did you expect? It'll get better once they develop some chemistry together. The loss certainly can't be blamed on Iverson.

The Pistons lost their first few games with Sheed too.

Kiddlovesnets
11-08-2008, 10:42 AM
It might not work out for them, but it's only one game, and their first game at that. It's wiser to wait before the deal is judged a failure.

Allen Iverson has completely ruined their defense and the next is the team chemistry...

TruthKGRay3412
11-08-2008, 10:42 AM
I think you are a little slow..the Pacers beat the Celtics last week OMFG!@! Pacers>>>Celtics Hibbert>>>KG Granger>>>>Pierce..give me a break,it was AI's first game..give it a couple months to judge who got the better end of the deal.

Real Men Wear Green
11-08-2008, 10:43 AM
Allen Iverson has completely ruined their defense and the next is the team chemistry...
You really didn't address my point. At all.

Kiddlovesnets
11-08-2008, 10:44 AM
I think you are a little slow..the Pacers beat the Celtics last week OMFG!@! Pacers>>>Celtics Hibbert>>>KG Granger>>>>Pierce..give me a break,it was AI's first game..give it a couple months to judge who got the better end of the deal.

Well, The Pacers are actually a decent team this year and they almost beat the Suns after the victory over Celts, it seems that they can beat anyone in this league if they play well.

hoopaddict08
11-08-2008, 10:44 AM
Are you kidding me? One game? Really? Did you not know the Piston team that went to the Eastern Conference Finals last year lost to the New York Knicks, playing all of their starters. So your viewpoint is simply a joke to judge this team by one game. They aren't just learning to play with Iverson, they are still learning to play under a new coach. Mcdyess is set get bought out, so if he returns, the only difference will be Iverson instead of Billups.

Godfather
11-08-2008, 10:45 AM
Losing to the NJ Nets(which is considered a non-playoff team this year) successfully illustrates that this viewpoint is simply a joke.

It is one game you ****ing idiot. You can't go from the Nugget's game style to the Piston's play style and expect to immediately win. Your intelligence and name are outdated.

Kiddlovesnets
11-08-2008, 10:46 AM
One game? People are saying the same thing after the Suns and Mavs trade last season and they did end up with early playoff exit...

hoopaddict08
11-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Well, The Pacers are actually a decent team this year and they almost beat the Suns after the victory over Celts, it seems that they can beat anyone in this league if they play well.

Bobcats beat New Orleans, didn't you consider them a top team in the league? Hm.....

Kiddlovesnets
11-08-2008, 10:48 AM
Bobcats beat New Orleans, didn't you consider them a top team in the league? Hm.....

Well what matters is the way they lose. The Hornets and the Celtics were simply not in their best form during the loss while the Pistons lost because their defense got worse, which is a serious problem even when they play at their best.

AItheAnswer3
11-08-2008, 10:50 AM
You're a ****in idiot if you blame AI for the loss yesterday. Devin Harris was the reason the Nets won. Dude was on fire. And the Pistons' shot selection wasn't that great.

Godfather
11-08-2008, 10:51 AM
One game? People are saying the same thing after the Suns and Mavs trade last season and they did end up with early playoff exit...
No they weren't...They were saying it was a bad trade for both teams. The Pistons on the other hand got a future HOF for a finals MVP (both aging), which was a much more even trade than trading a poor shooting bald guy for an up and coming player, and a severely declining big for a defensively gifted PF.

edit: and at the poster above me...Who was guarding Devin? Yes the Pistons looked worse defensively last night, but considering AI has been playing for one of the worst defensive teams for the past few years it will be a transition.

francesco totti
11-08-2008, 10:51 AM
useless thread...and stupid one..

Kiddlovesnets
11-08-2008, 10:53 AM
You're a ****in idiot if you blame AI for the loss yesterday. Devin Harris was the reason the Nets won. Dude was on fire. And the Pistons' shot selection wasn't that great.

Why should I blame at AI? It was him who gave the Nets the chance to beat Pistons in 2 years and we appreciate it very much.
:rockon:

Back to the topic, my explanation is that AI ruined the team's defense badly as you can see Devin Harris penetrated easily throughout the game(he was shooting outside jumpers mainly for the previous jumpers and the FG% was low). There are still supposed to be PGs who are better than Harris so expect those PGs to score 40+ pts on the Pistons frequently.

hoopaddict08
11-08-2008, 10:53 AM
Well what matters is the way they lose. The Hornets and the Celtics were simply not in their best form during the loss while the Pistons lost because their defense got worse, which is a serious problem even when they play at their best.

As a Piston fan, their defense has looked like that with Billups. So I'll say Detroit wasn't at their best on defense, looks like I used the same excuse you did. Unbelievable, but you will probably disagree because obviously Iverson is going to stop Boone from getting garbage points in the paint all day.

Godfather
11-08-2008, 10:54 AM
Why should I blame at AI? It was him who gave the Nets the chance to beat Pistons in 2 years and we appreciate it very much.

Does it matter what happens now? At the end of the postseason it will be the Pistons who have made the 7th straight EC finals or better and the Nets who have missed the playoffs yet again.

Kiddlovesnets
11-08-2008, 10:56 AM
As a Piston fan, their defense has looked like that with Billups. So I'll say Detroit wasn't at their best on defense, looks like I used the same excuse you did. Unbelievable, but you will probably disagree because obviously Iverson is going to stop Boone from getting garbage points in the paint all day.

Please read my edited previous post. I don't think Devin Harris would ever drop 38 on Chauncey Billups even at his prime.

hoopaddict08
11-08-2008, 10:56 AM
Does it matter what happens now? At the end of the postseason it will be the Pistons who have made the 7th straight EC finals or better and the Nets who have missed the playoffs yet again.

No he thinks Pistons will win less than 40 games and not make the playoffs. That's how bad he thinks Detroit is.

hoopaddict08
11-08-2008, 11:00 AM
Please read my edited previous post. I don't think Devin Harris would ever drop 38 on Chauncey Billups even at his prime.

You're giving way too much credit for Chauncey on defense. He is good, but he won't stop Devin Harris on a break, and he wouldn't have made much of a difference anyhow because whenever Stuckey tried to keep up with him the refs called a foul. As I said, Pistons lost to the Kicks last year. That shows you good teams lose to bad teams all the time. This Piston team will be looking a lot more sharp as they continue to learn to play together. Boone should not have had that many easy dunks in the paint, that isn't Iverson fault, it was Sheeds.

You couldn't be physical with Harris last night, and that's how Chauncey is best on defense.

Thorpesaurous
11-08-2008, 11:01 AM
Drawing conclusions from one game just doesn't work.

However, bigger picture wise, who thinks this isn't a great fit at the moment?

My main issue is how does AI's presence affect Rip. A guy who works that well off the ball is now playing with a guy who does and awfull lot of iso work. I mainly see Prince running the offense via flashes to the point. Then having both little guys run off screens, but I'm not sure how long that'll hold up.

I'm not sure Dumars is done here. I think he can move Rip for a decent piece, and maybe get a little younger and/or clear some cap along the way. Would the Lakers do a Rip for Odom deal? Rip would be a great weakside triangle player. Kobe would have to move up to SF, but with the size of Pau and Bynum up front, you could go a little smaller on the perimeter. I actually like the Odom fit in LA more than most, but I'm not sure how long it'll hold up with him on the bench. Detroit lops a year off in salary, as both make close to 11M per, with Odom expiring this year while Rip's is after next. That would clear 33M off the books for Detroit this offseason with both AI and Odom coming up. Detroit also gets to play a rediculously versatile front line of Odom/Prince/Sheed with AI and Stuckey. And if the Lakers and Odom seem to have really reached a crossroads, you may be able to pry out a pick, or maybe another young player even by throwing in an expirer like Hermann, or swapping one of their own young guys like Afflalo or Amir Johnson to get an upgrade with someone like Farmar.

I don't think I'd do it if I were the Lakers because I really like the Odom fit out there. But there's more to it than fit, and they may get tired of each other, and Rip may be viewed as a possible title piece.

1~Gibson~1
11-08-2008, 11:01 AM
Its no coincidence that Harris had a career high game versus AI

Human Error
11-08-2008, 11:02 AM
I think the Nuggets got a better end of the deal basketball-wise(financially the Pistons did ok if they could sign Bosh though), but this thread is still useless.

big baller
11-08-2008, 11:04 AM

they did get better moron it is just 1 game..

hoopaddict08
11-08-2008, 11:10 AM
Could someone tell me who was defending Gibson when he scored 31 points on Detroit in 2007? If it helps, that defender in returned only scored 9 points.

francesco totti
11-08-2008, 11:13 AM
"Stuckey's the point, and Harris is the point. What we do here in Detroit, you guard your position. And when he comes into the game, Allen slides to the 2. and if Devin Harris is outplaying you, you're going to have to get better. That's what you're going to have to do -- play your matchup," Curry said.

It was stuckey who was getting torched by harris...

The game would have gone to Pistons way if the below didnt occur.....
Boone dunks many times...
Kwame missed 2 free throws..
second quarter when AI wasnt playing the team goes 1- 7 in shooting...

A win against celtics, and this loss means nthg...

Real Men Wear Green
11-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Drawing conclusions from one game just doesn't work.

However, bigger picture wise, who thinks this isn't a great fit at the moment?

My main issue is how does AI's presence affect Rip. A guy who works that well off the ball is now playing with a guy who does and awfull lot of iso work. I mainly see Prince running the offense via flashes to the point. Then having both little guys run off screens, but I'm not sure how long that'll hold up.
Now this is all fair critique. I'm not sold on the trade for this season either, but am withholding judgment until we see more. I think Dumars decided the team couldn't win a Championship, so dealt for AI figuring that even if it didn't work he'll get cap space once Iverson's contract ends.

hoopaddict08
11-08-2008, 11:17 AM
It was stuckey who was getting torched by harris...

The game would have gone to Pistons way if the below didnt occur.....
Boone dunks many times...
Kwame missed 2 free throws..
second quarter when AI wasnt playing the team goes 1- 7 in shooting...

A win against celtics, and this loss means nthg...

20 of his points came from free throws, Stuckey or Iverson couldn't do anything to keep up with him because they got called the foul. Iverson had 4 fouls and Stuckey had 5. Not even Iverson got to the line that many times.

Sonic R
11-08-2008, 11:25 AM

I'll wait 30 days to see how the team looks ~_^

useless thread...and stupid one..

Indeed

Regarding last nights game,
Interior defense was poor

KempSonics
11-08-2008, 11:33 AM
Can someone please ban this idiot?

Maniak
11-08-2008, 11:34 AM
Its been one game jackass.

T-GG
11-08-2008, 11:35 AM
You cant judge him for that one game,i mean c'mon its his first one with Detroit.When he gets warmed up with them,things are gonna change.Plus,the Nets played exeptionally good this game..with Harris scoring 38 points,that doenst happen everyday..

ZHAKIDD532
11-08-2008, 11:37 AM
It was one game, calm down...

T-GG
11-08-2008, 11:54 AM
No to mention that iverson did actually score good 24 points and 6 assists.

Coolaak
11-08-2008, 11:56 AM
is there a way we can ban this guy. its like listening to dan patrick talka bout basketball.

danumber88
11-08-2008, 11:59 AM
"Detroit" style of play was really good.
now that Ai comes in, it's a different style of play now.

No more balanced scoring, etc.

Rekindled
11-08-2008, 12:06 PM
"Detroit" style of play was really good.
now that Ai comes in, it's a different style of play now.

No more balanced scoring, etc.

that's why 3 of their starters scored around 20 points right? The pistons interior sucked that's why they lost. Maxiell 0 points, amir 2 points. The pistons also missed a lot of wide open shots, hermann 1-5 , 3 points, tayshaun 4-15 , stuckey 2-7.

chains5000
11-08-2008, 12:16 PM
One ****ing game, retard.

Detroit
11-08-2008, 12:19 PM

you been running your mouth lately, why are you hating on detroit?? who cares that your team won?? in the end you're either going to not make the playoffs, or if you make its as a 8th seed(1% chance), it will be a 1 round exit. all the good teams lost yesterday, including SAS, PHX, NOH, and DET. and Charlotte beat NEW ORLEANS!! so just for the record, YOUR TEAM IS GARBAGE!! so STOP!!

and btw you need a new username because kidd left that weak team last year!!

Sonic R
11-08-2008, 12:25 PM
**** him

embersyc
11-08-2008, 12:36 PM
At least its Devin Harris and not Daniel Gibson. If you think Chauncey is a good defender you have a short memory span.

Kiddlovesnets
11-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Its no coincidence that Harris had a career high game versus AI

There must be a reason for Devin to have his career high on the Pistons. The explanation is Allen Iverson...

LA_Showtime
11-08-2008, 12:51 PM
There must be a reason for Devin to have his career high on the Pistons. The explanation is Allen Iverson...

Why do people respond to posts about certain games when it's obvious they don't watch them? I don't really like Iverson, mostly because he's a ballstopper (irony since I enjoy Kobe's game). Anyways, Stuckey was getting burned by Harris, not Iverson. Also, Iverson wasn't creating in the 4the quarter, Stuckey was.

Allstar24
11-08-2008, 12:53 PM
The Pistons were going nowhere with the team they had before the trade. They would get their asses kicked in the playoffs by Boston or Cleveland. This is a good trade for them. One game proves nothing. Denver just happened to win last night but I can assure you they won't get past the first round this year.

Rekindled
11-08-2008, 12:58 PM

yeah because stuckey was the one that was guarding him in the 3rd?

Sonic R
11-08-2008, 01:53 PM
yeah because stuckey was the one that was guarding him in the 3rd?

Aw! ****! Dumars should just trade Suckey for a better player like Hinrich, Jameer Nelson, or Raymond Felton.

GOBB
11-08-2008, 02:10 PM

Signed the IDIOT who didnt watch the game.

Notice he wont enter this thread and address the posts calling him out on this. :oldlol:

2LeTTeRS
11-08-2008, 02:20 PM
[QUOTE=Sonic R]**** him

CelticForce1349
11-08-2008, 03:00 PM

lol. The Bulls whipped the Suns last night! So what? We still know who the better team is currently. Why not except the fact that even great teams have bad games from time to time?

hito da god
11-08-2008, 03:04 PM
i have high hopes for this iverson trade. think about it. iverson's surrounded by good shooters, so he'll get plenty iso's. when [and if] defenses collapse on him he's got a ton of shooters he can kick out to. the detroit offense is gonna look great once they build some chemistry. he's the scorer the pistons needed to take them over the hump. the playoffs are looking to be real interesting this year.

DeuceWallaces
11-08-2008, 03:28 PM
Iverson had very little to do with the loss. He played great. He was feeding RIP continuously on the curls, unfortunately RIP went ice cold after the first 6 minutes or Iverson would of had a double double. He got in the paint, put the other team in foul trouble, and shot a high percentage. Only idiots talking **** are the ones who didn't watch the game.

detsportsfan3
11-08-2008, 04:29 PM
You blame Iverson for the loss? You obviously didn't watch the game. Iverson was a breath of fresh air considering the rest of the team couldn't hit anything. I think the pistons shot like 31% after the first quarter and they sucked defensively. Unless chauncey can make others shoot better, they would have lost whether they made a tarde or not. it's only been one game, pointless thread.

Kiddlovesnets
11-10-2008, 06:36 PM
Bump!
:pimp:

hoopaddict08
11-10-2008, 07:17 PM
Bump!

Yes I do, and I'm sure glad you bumped this. And you know what will put the icing on the cake? Re-signing Mcdyess who was bought today. I won't put all of my hope into it, but I wouldn't doubt him re-signing here. Now after every Piston win should I bump this? Just curious to see how this works. :hammerhead:

Nets fan 93
11-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Why do people respond to posts about certain games when it's obvious they don't watch them? I don't really like Iverson, mostly because he's a ballstopper (irony since I enjoy Kobe's game). Anyways, Stuckey was getting burned by Harris, not Iverson. Also, Iverson wasn't creating in the 4the quarter, Stuckey was.
:roll:
That shows you werent watching the game either... They both got demolished by Harris... He blew by both of them every possesion in the second half...
I watched the whole game..

AItheAnswer3
11-10-2008, 07:31 PM
Bump!

Moron Alert.

OneMoreSucka
11-10-2008, 07:45 PM
The Pistons were going nowhere with the team they had before the trade. They would get their asses kicked in the playoffs by Boston or Cleveland. This is a good trade for them. One game proves nothing. Denver just happened to win last night but I can assure you they won't get past the first round this year.
I'd like to see this detroit team get past the first round in the west....not a chance.

KempSonics
11-10-2008, 08:20 PM
:oldlol: How do you know that already?

Traditionally, the Pistons have had the top 2-3 winning % vs the Western conference.

As for this version? We have to give them time to gel. It's not like they're adding a bench scrub to the mix. They're altering the way they play and lost the PG who ran the same system for a looong time.

You people have no common sense. It's annoying.

Kiddlovesnets
11-16-2008, 11:51 PM
Bump!

The Nuggets will be having the same record as the Pistons within next week.

Kungfro
11-16-2008, 11:58 PM
Bump!

So that makes them both better than the nets?

OneMoreSucka
11-17-2008, 12:08 AM
:roll:

Nash-tastic
11-17-2008, 12:28 AM
PWNAGE

Sonic R
11-17-2008, 12:39 AM
:rolleyes:

Right lets bump this EVERY time the Pistons loose a game cause this trade sux if the Pistons cannot go 82-0

Geandily
11-17-2008, 02:28 AM
Trade was good for both teams..

Darius07
11-17-2008, 02:31 AM
Trade was good for both teams..
i agree, when iverson is playing his best the team is amzing (example vs the lakers) but he along with a few other guys really struggled tonight. I was just wondering why iverson was settling for jumpers tonite, he had nash gaurding him:oldlol:

eliteballer
11-20-2008, 06:11 AM
Pistons are thriving because guys like Sheed, Prince, Rip don't need to dominate the ball the be effective. A good defensive team with effective off the ball and low usage scorers is exactly what AI needs.

willds09
11-20-2008, 06:18 AM
The nets are garbage, he just have to understand it...

willds09
11-20-2008, 06:22 AM
Nuggets are better, but will be round 2 or less, pistons are better, and could go to finals with a.i, so far snapped lakers and cavs winning streak, gotta love those pistons!

F.Sanford
11-20-2008, 11:30 AM
Bump!

Bump! :D

Might want to note the Detroit has now beaten the Lakers and Cleveland. They have had the much tougher schedule, and if you know bball it was/is obvious that it would take Detroit longer to figure it out.

Denver managed to beat the Celts, but EVERY other team they've beat are crap (SA, MIN, MIL, CHA, MEM).

Pistons have a much higher ceiling. You'll regret this bumpage :cheers:

TheGreatDeraj
11-20-2008, 11:38 AM
Could I like the Pistons any less? First they ruin the 4 peat by beating the Lakers in 2004. Then they acquire Allen Iverson who's team ruined Lakers sweeping the entire playoffs in 2001. Then the Pistons stop the Lakers 7 game win streak.

On topic: Piston got better after the trade. Iverson is full of passion I can't see the pistons losing focus or losing the will to win in the playoffs this postseason, like there were hints of in the past.

Kiddlovesnets
11-20-2008, 12:03 PM
Bump! :D

Might want to note the Detroit has now beaten the Lakers and Cleveland. They have had the much tougher schedule, and if you know bball it was/is obvious that it would take Detroit longer to figure it out.

Denver managed to beat the Celts, but EVERY other team they've beat are crap (SA, MIN, MIL, CHA, MEM).

Pistons have a much higher ceiling. You'll regret this bumpage :cheers:

I'm sorry but I'm telling you that the Pistons would have the same winning record as the Nuggets after tonight. Tell me who gets better afterwards.

KeylessEntry
11-20-2008, 12:06 PM
Detroit definitely got better after the trade. They have won some very difficult games lately, winning on the road where few others can. They finally got the go-to scorer that they need. If they had a decent defensive anchor I would even consider them contenders this year.

Smokee
11-20-2008, 12:16 PM
AI is way too erratic to say they got better. Last night he played well but you can't count on that with him from game to game. Sure they are going to look good some games where AI is on, but other games he's going to be detrimental to them, and they will lose. I don't think Chauncey is nearly as erratic and unorthodox in a offense as AI, and can play within offenses much better. We'll see by mid season at least, but going by just a few games which haven't really determined anything doesn't mean much. Sure hasn't changed my opinion at least :pimp:

All Net
11-20-2008, 12:24 PM
Both teams have gotten better, Nuggets have improved certainly but the schedule might have something to do with their recent run of wins. Can they get a result in L.A on friday? I have my doubts.

OneMoreSucka
11-20-2008, 12:26 PM
If they keep their composure and don't give in to the lakers game like they have in the past, absolutely.

nugsfreak
11-20-2008, 01:17 PM
Sure most of the nuggets opponents have not had winning records through this streak but wins in two traditionally tough places to play in Boston and San Antonio has me thinking this nuggets team could be going places this season.

I predict another loss for La tomorrow btw:D

guy
11-20-2008, 01:54 PM
Pistons are doing great. I think most people expected the initial effect of this trade to be similar to what happened with the Mavs and Suns last year when they made their big mid-season trades. Both of those teams looked pretty bad during the transition period. But thats not the case here. Detroit is playing great, and they aren't just beating bad teams. They've beaten the Lakers and Cavs. They lost to the Suns but they were playing almost perfect bball that night and the Pistons had no answer for Shaq. I'll give it more time, but if the Pistons struggle with the lack of a good center, they might want to explore some more trades to get a quality center.

dbugz
11-20-2008, 02:20 PM
Lakers, Suns, Cavs and now Celtics wow :eek:
That is one tough schedule. I wonder if the Pistons still has gas left to beat the Cs. :eek:

AKADS
11-20-2008, 04:29 PM
Im more afraid of them now. Iverson has the fire and edge to get this team playing hard gain. With Billups they looked complacent. They knew they were good and would get to the second round or ECF and might win but now they look like a team that is goin to play hard every night. and even if they don't sign Iverson he seems to be rubbing off on Stuckey.

FPower
11-20-2008, 04:40 PM
I think there is one huge reason the Pistons will be better off with AI in the long run:

Superstar calls.

The BS calls AI gets will cancel out the BS calls that Lebron, Wade, KG, etc... all get. Chauncey got his share of those calls, but not at the level of those other guys.

lilojmayo
11-20-2008, 06:49 PM
7-1 without AI

im no rocket sciencist but im pretty sure they wouldnt have gone 7-1 with AI

this proves my theory of AI being a team cancer

hoopaddict08
11-20-2008, 06:56 PM
7-1 without AI

Is this a joke? Because I just can't seem to find the logic here.

willds09
11-20-2008, 06:59 PM
7-1 without AI

Was a.I a team cancer in 99? With sixers 1st playoff appearance in 13 years? Was he a cancer in 01? Is he a even a cancer now?? Beating teams like lakers and cavs? I think not.

mattreis62
11-20-2008, 07:06 PM
AI was a bad fit in Denver. He's better in Detroit because all of his teammates are good without the ball. Prince is in for defense and hustle, Rip works off of screens and cuts, Sheed posts up (once in a while) or spots up at the three point line.

AItheAnswer3
11-20-2008, 08:33 PM
7-1 without AI

DAMN. Why are you such a ****ing moron?
Shoot yourself. Make the world a better place to live.

Kiddlovesnets
11-21-2008, 01:49 AM
Bump!!!

The Pistons fall to the same winning record as the Nuggets, what a nice job to rebuild a team, Joe Dumars...
:cheers:

ruslan
11-21-2008, 02:16 AM
7-1 without AI

says the lame who made a thread called, "OJ Mayo: Kobe bryant alternative". :roll:

ruslan
11-21-2008, 02:17 AM
Bump!!!

The Pistons fall to the same winning record as the Nuggets, what a nice job to rebuild a team, Joe Dumars...

im make sure to find this quote at the end of the season heading into the playoffs :applause:

btw they still better than mavs :roll:

ronnymac
11-21-2008, 03:35 AM
Plus the nuggets with billups beat the celtics in boston.ruslan has AI's balls so far up his mouth he has lost all sense of reality.

francesco totti
11-21-2008, 06:38 AM
"We aren't going to be a polished, well-oiled machine in the first 15 to 20 games," Billups said, "because we've got guys playing different roles and we have a new system.

"But we are going to be fine. We have a high basketball IQ here and we're going to figure it out, and we're going to be good. It's just going to take a little time."

Link (http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081025/SPORTS0102/810250325/1127)

Billups at the start of the year with the Pistons.Give the Pistons time,Time to adjust.There are many changes at detroit. new coach, new system..AI as new player..

Rekindled
11-21-2008, 06:50 AM
Bump!!!

the pistons played the lakers, suns, cavs and celtics. THe only good team the nuggets beat was celtics, thne they played bunch of scrub teams.

ronnymac
11-21-2008, 08:11 AM
Link (http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081025/SPORTS0102/810250325/1127)

Billups at the start of the year with the Pistons.Give the Pistons time,Time to adjust.There are many changes at detroit. new coach, new system..AI as new player..
They didnt have a cancer named allen iverson then. changes all the dynamics now.

Kiddlovesnets
11-21-2008, 10:25 AM
the pistons played the lakers, suns, cavs and celtics. THe only good team the nuggets beat was celtics, thne they played bunch of scrub teams.

Beating the Celtics in road worths much more credits than beating any other teams...

All Net
11-21-2008, 11:08 AM
Beating the Celtics in road worths much more credits than beating any other teams...

Just like beating the Lakers on the road does, that win means just as much as winning in Boston if not more because It was the back end of a back to back.

You really do come up with some crap, the Pistons are at worse the 2nd best team in the east. You are a moron if you think this Piston team is rebuilding.

Orlando Magic
11-21-2008, 12:31 PM
Just like beating the Lakers on the road does, that win means just as much as winning in Boston if not more because It was the back end of a back to back.

You really do come up with some crap, the Pistons are at worse the 2nd best team in the east. You are a moron if you think this Piston team is rebuilding.

You're delusional if you think the Pistons are still the second best team in the East "at worst".

Allen Iverson puts up stats. He doesn't win. The reason the Sixers got as far that one year as they did is because he was in his prime and the team was pretty good defensively.

Well... he's no longer in his prime and Detroit is not some amazing defensive team any longer.

I'll be surprised if they finish better than Boston or Cleveland and they might not even catch Orlando. Orlando killed their bench from last year otherwise I'd put them in the discussion too as being definitely better.

Mdog1
11-21-2008, 03:50 PM
You're delusional if you think the Pistons are still the second best team in the East "at worst".

Allen Iverson puts up stats. He doesn't win. The reason the Sixers got as far that one year as they did is because he was in his prime and the team was pretty good defensively.

Well... he's no longer in his prime and Detroit is not some amazing defensive team any longer.

I'll be surprised if they finish better than Boston or Cleveland and they might not even catch Orlando. Orlando killed their bench from last year otherwise I'd put them in the discussion too as being definitely better.

I still have the Pisstons as the 3 or 4 seed in the East. They are still an elite team whether fans like it or not.

Kiddlovesnets
11-24-2008, 12:58 AM
Bump!

The Nuggets now have a better record than the Pistons. isn't it funny?

GregOden
11-24-2008, 01:01 AM
Bump!

yeah but its still early. i think the nuggets got the better of the trade but its still really early in the season.

tsforthrees
11-24-2008, 01:04 AM
Bump!

14 games into the season. plus who really cares its not like there is animosity between the two teams. we don't care how detroit does and detroit fans don't care how we do. obviously detroit is trying to gain financial flexibility while still keeping a competitive team on the court, which they did. denver got a point guard and freed up melo to lead the team. it worked out in everyones best interest. who cares about the record both teams are going to be making the playoffs, and neither team was probably a serious finals contender this year anyways before or after the trade.

Luigi
11-24-2008, 01:08 AM
Looking bumpy for Detroit in the early going.

Strange. Detroit got an elite player by only moving one of their starters (the two conditions they wanted to meet last summer), yet things aren't skyrocketing yet.

If Iverson and the Pistons find a rhythm that sounds good together soon, they can still end up getting the better half of the deal. It's like a country/rap mashup. Mostly crap, but once in a while makes a great song.

arf05
11-24-2008, 04:11 PM
AI is a cancer, Look at what he has done to Carmelo Anthony. He destroyed him, changed him(DUI). Look how bad of a player Melo is now.He is doing the same to RIP Hamilton.
IF I am Stern I would consider banning this guy from The entire NBA, He has done enough damage to this game.

Nuggets 8 - 2 with Billups :rockon:

AAD
11-24-2008, 04:19 PM
Before the trade stuckey was playing well

after the trade stuckey is playing pretty bad

Kiddlovesnets
11-24-2008, 04:20 PM
Before the trade stuckey was playing well

after the trade stuckey is playing pretty bad

This proves that he's better as a six man or role player.

CasterL
11-24-2008, 04:37 PM
AI is a cancer, Look at what he has done to Carmelo Anthony. He destroyed him, changed him(DUI). Look how bad of a player Melo is now.He is doing the same to RIP Hamilton.
IF I am Stern I would consider banning this guy from The entire NBA, He has done enough damage to this game.

Admiedly billups is a better fit for denever as a classic pg even though melo was still good for 25 ppg with iverson there and how on earth is melo a bad player now? ur on crack if u think iverson is the reason for hamilton going 2-11 or watever it was the other night. they all need time to adjust chemistry is ther one night and then absent the next. so many peepl hate on iverson its a joke

H2whoa
11-24-2008, 04:39 PM
Just look at how weak our front court is right now. We're starting Kwame Brown! Wait until we get Mcdyess back.

AAD
11-24-2008, 04:41 PM
This proves that he's better as a six man or role player.

It prove that rip and stuckey cant play with A.I

Sonic R
11-24-2008, 05:17 PM
Pistons will be welcoming back Antonio McDyess on December 7th.

So it looks like a lateral movement for the 08/09 season and for the future, the Pistons are in a pretty decent position to retool the team.

Yup, I'd say the Pistons made out just fine with the Iverson for Billups/Samb trade.

:applause:

LOL
Who the **** gives a shit about records in November. The season is wide open and there is still much basketball to be played from now until June.

**** outta here with this shit thread. Too busy worrying about whats going on in Detroit. ****ing LOL

ruslan
11-24-2008, 05:51 PM

this is ur first post??? :roll:

kiddlovesnets is that u? :applause: :applause:

Kiddlovesnets
11-24-2008, 06:12 PM
this is ur first post??? :roll:

kiddlovesnets is that u? :applause: :applause:

Of course this is not me. I never said AI is a cancer for every team, but he apparently doesn't fit the Pistons who play one of the best teamball before the trade.

3fecta_ubetcha
11-25-2008, 06:05 PM
Wow, I didn't know it was April already. Where have I been?

Seriously people, give the team TIME TO GEL before you judge them. It is NOVEMBER for Christ's sake! I know Chauncey/Denver mesh so well together that some people expect the same out of Iverson and the Pistons to verify the legitimacy of this trade. But you must realize that it takes some teams more time to gel than others. And pre-Chauncey trade, the Pistons were in need of more help up front. The D hasn't been the same since Big Ben decided to run for the money. Joe D knew AI wasn't a true pg when he traded for him. Let this group adjust to each other and the Pistons will be fine. And If it's not looking promising for next year, Joe D will do some serious house cleaning next summer. Either way the Pistons will be fine. This is not the beginning of the end, trust me.

HANNIBAL SMITH
11-25-2008, 06:18 PM
The Pistons made the trade for AI to get them "Over the Hump" ala get them past the Celtics in the playoffs. So far, Boston has handed the pistons their asses the 2 games that AI has played. Me personally, i don't think see the Pistons much better with AI as they were with Chauncey. If anything, it looks like Hamilton's offensive production has gone down since Iverson came. It's still too early to tell, but i still don't see Detroit beating the Celtics or the Cavs in the playoffs come May.

arf05
11-26-2008, 01:18 PM
Bold Prediction: Tonight Pistons will lose to the Knicks, and Denver will win.

markymark
11-26-2008, 01:27 PM
Bold Prediction: Tonight Pistons will lose to the Knicks, and Denver will win.

Good for you.

arf05
12-10-2008, 04:06 PM
bump

KRAYZIE
12-10-2008, 04:24 PM
bump
Congrats! You've done a wonderful job of giving real Nugget fans a bad name. So, once again.. :applause:
F*cking moron.

hoopaddict08
12-10-2008, 04:25 PM
bump

Just for your enjoyment, I don't see any difference. I still see the exact same team that will come out with a lead, and blow it. The team that only plays when they want too, and is inconsistent. Nothing has changed. They were the same with Chauncey, and their the same without him. The best part of it is the fact that they can finally rebuild after this season if things don't get better. They couldn't do that with Chauncey's contract, so if they don't win a title this season nothing has changed since last season. The only difference is, they will now have room to work with.

arf05
12-15-2008, 11:02 PM
Bump

Denver Nuggets are beating the crap out of Dallas Mavericks :roll:

Diesel J
01-01-2009, 10:21 AM
So far, Denver has been beating up on the sub .500 teams but losing to above .500 ones. Detroit on the other hand has shown that they can beat the elite teams but are inconsistent against the sub .500 ones.

Mathius
01-01-2009, 10:41 AM
I don't know why everyone thought this would be decided overnight. It takes a while to get a chemistry down and everyone knows Dumars is probably not done.

Ben Wallace and Billups were the leaders on this team, and now they're both gone. The entire chemistry is different.

I still say Iverson and Billups are essentially the same style of player. Iverson is just a bit more flashy and a lot more talented. Once they mesh, it'll be better, but I don't see that happening this year if Dumars makes another move.

Look at what's happening in Cleveland this year now that Wallace, Wally, and West have had an off season to get acclimated to the team. You guys don't seriously think the Cavs dominance this year is all Mo Williams? Hell, Mo is just NOW starting to show some signs of the scoring he put out nightly in Milwaukee.

Mathius

The Joker
01-01-2009, 10:44 AM
I don't know why everyone thought this would be decided overnight. It takes a while to get a chemistry down and everyone knows Dumars is probably not done.

Ben Wallace and Billups were the leaders on this team, and now they're both gone. The entire chemistry is different.

I still say Iverson and Billups are essentially the same style of player. Iverson is just a bit more flashy and a lot more talented. Once they mesh, it'll be better, but I don't see that happening this year if Dumars makes another move.

Look at what's happening in Cleveland this year now that Wallace, Wally, and West have had an off season to get acclimated to the team. You guys don't seriously think the Cavs dominance this year is all Mo Williams? Hell, Mo is just NOW starting to show some signs of the scoring he put out nightly in Milwaukee.

Mathius
I will say Howard and Curry are essentially the same type of player. Howard is just dunking a little better making him a more flashy player over Curry and a lot more talented. :rolleyes:

francesco totti
01-01-2009, 11:26 AM
Denver allowed more then 100 points in 11 of their last 15 games..
The Pistons surrendering 83-84 points in their last 5 game winning streak..

So much for AI being a terrible defender & reason for Denver's crappy defense :rolleyes:

Yung D-Will
01-01-2009, 11:27 AM

So much for AI being a terrible defender & reason for Denver's crappy defense :rolleyes:

I thought that was always Melo's fault... o well

Mathius
01-01-2009, 11:30 AM
I will say Howard and Curry are essentially the same type of player. Howard is just dunking a little better making him a more flashy player over Curry and a lot more talented. :rolleyes:

And?

Iverson and Billups are both shoot-first PG's. Iverson is more talented. Why is that an unrealistic comparison?

If you said Dwight Howard and Curry had the same style but Howard was a lot more talented and in a lot better shape, how is that an incorrect comparison?

I don't understand what the hell your problem is.

Mathius

20 Dimes A Game
01-01-2009, 11:49 AM
The Pistons made the trade for AI to get them "Over the Hump" ala get them past the Celtics in the playoffs. So far, Boston has handed the pistons their asses the 2 games that AI has played. Me personally, i don't think see the Pistons much better with AI as they were with Chauncey. If anything, it looks like Hamilton's offensive production has gone down since Iverson came. It's still too early to tell, but i still don't see Detroit beating the Celtics or the Cavs in the playoffs come May.

:wtf: You are 100% wrong. The Pistons didn't make this trade to push them over the hump. They were in desperate need of a change. Why not trade for a first ballot hall of famer, a proven scorer and one of the greatest NBA players of all time? We needed a change, why not take a gamble and see what happens. And if nothing happens this year, we get rid of Iverson's contract and we have a huuuuge amount of cap space to attract big time players.

And why are people judging already? It takes different teams different lengths of time to gel. This Pistons team will still be very dangerous come playoff time. I doubt either the Celtics or Cavaliers would want to play us in a 7 game series. We still have 3 of our core five who are very experienced in the playoffs. We have a very deep bench and we have a great up and coming guard in Stuckey. Oh and we have one of the greatest scorers in NBA history! Trust me, this team will surprise alot of people this year. Especially if we trade for a good big man.

Rant over.

Diesel J
01-01-2009, 12:08 PM
And?

Iverson and Billups are both shoot-first PG's. Iverson is more talented. Why is that an unrealistic comparison?

If you said Dwight Howard and Curry had the same style but Howard was a lot more talented and in a lot better shape, how is that an incorrect comparison?

I don't understand what the hell your problem is.

Mathius

^^truth

Mathius
01-01-2009, 12:10 PM
:wtf: You are 100% wrong. The Pistons didn't make this trade to push them over the hump. They were in desperate need of a change. Why not trade for a first ballot hall of famer, a proven scorer and one of the greatest NBA players of all time? We needed a change, why not take a gamble and see what happens. And if nothing happens this year, we get rid of Iverson's contract and we have a huuuuge amount of cap space to attract big time players.

And why are people judging already? It takes different teams different lengths of time to gel. This Pistons team will still be very dangerous come playoff time. I doubt either the Celtics or Cavaliers would want to play us in a 7 game series. We still have 3 of our core five who are very experienced in the playoffs. We have a very deep bench and we have a great up and coming guard in Stuckey. Oh and we have one of the greatest scorers in NBA history! Trust me, this team will surprise alot of people this year. Especially if we trade for a good big man.

Rant over.

I agree with all of the above, except possibly the comment on Stucky who is still too inconsistent to be proven as "up and coming".

The Pistons didn't do this deal necessarily because they knew Iverson was going to make them better. They do this deal because they know its time to break up the team, which has been ineffective, and try something different.

Dumars sees a chance to get Iverson, knowing that a lot of people think he's fallen off after the way things went in Denver, and hes thinking they might have something here they might not. The best part of it is Iverson's contract is almost up, and Billups just signed a 4 year deal.

So if the Iverson thing doesn't pan out, Dumars can ship him out for something else, because he'll be valuable as an expirer and a player.

Mathius

20 Dimes A Game
01-01-2009, 12:22 PM
I agree with all of the above, except possibly the comment on Stucky who is still too inconsistent to be proven as "up and coming".

The Pistons didn't do this deal necessarily because they knew Iverson was going to make them better. They do this deal because they know its time to break up the team, which has been ineffective, and try something different.

Dumars sees a chance to get Iverson, knowing that a lot of people think he's fallen off after the way things went in Denver, and hes thinking they might have something here they might not. The best part of it is Iverson's contract is almost up, and Billups just signed a 4 year deal.

So if the Iverson thing doesn't pan out, Dumars can ship him out for something else, because he'll be valuable as an expirer and a player.

Mathius

Thanks. But Stuckey has constantly shown up in the playoffs and i think (don't quote me on this lol)is averaging around 17 and 6 since becoming a starter this season. I think he'll be a All Star in the future. He has alot to learn but has shown alot and he is running our team at the moment.

hoopaddict08
01-01-2009, 12:46 PM
Thanks. But Stuckey has constantly shown up in the playoffs and i think (don't quote me on this lol)is averaging around 17 and 6 since becoming a starter this season. I think he'll be a All Star in the future. He has alot to learn but has shown alot and he is running our team at the moment.

He hasn't constantly shown up in the playoffs since he has really only been in one playoff run since last year was his first year. However, there is a lot of potential in Rodney Stuckey. I think as with Rajon Rondo, or Devin Harris, Rodney Stuckey is going to surprise a lot of people with what he can do. He is only in his second year, and he has shown he can be a leader out on the floor in a very similar way as Chauncey is. Also, he is very confident player, again, very similar to Chauncey. For people who argue that he will never turn out as good as Billups, remember this, Chauncey struggled to find his way when he entered the NBA. He was never mentioned as a top five point guard until he came and succeeded in Detroit. I believe Stuckey has a lot more potential than people think, without him, I doubt we would have seen Chauncey traded for Iverson. The reason, Iverson and Hamilton in the back-court just doesn't work, oddly enough inserting into the lineup Stuckey did.

From my perspective, this could never be looked at as a bad move for Detroit. They were able to move their young point guard into the starting lineup, get a superstar, have a large amount of potential cap space to work with the following season, and bring about a new look to the Pistons. It was a win-win, as I've been saying since the trade.

Mathius
01-01-2009, 12:57 PM

Stucky has only been to one playoff berth, and he was solid, but that doesn't mean anything.

Daniel Gibson had a 31 point game against the Pistons in a key game 6 in the semi-finals his rookie year, and put up 15 and 16 against the Spurs in the Finals, but three years later, he's still only averaging 9ppg and shooting career lows of 39% from the floor and 31% from downtown.

Don't be so quick to jump on the "potential" bandwagon. Time will tell just how good Stuckey will be. He's had some good play as a starter and some bad play. He fouled out one game, after only 7 points or so, and had another low scoring game. Both resulted in losses for his team.

It's way too early to be calling him a "future all star".

Mathius

20 Dimes A Game
01-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Stucky has only been to one playoff berth, and he was solid, but that doesn't mean anything.

Daniel Gibson had a 31 point game against the Pistons in a key game 6 in the semi-finals his rookie year, and put up 15 and 16 against the Spurs in the Finals, but three years later, he's still only averaging 9ppg and shooting career lows of 39% from the floor and 31% from downtown.

Don't be so quick to jump on the "potential" bandwagon. Time will tell just how good Stuckey will be. He's had some good play as a starter and some bad play. He fouled out one game, after only 7 points or so, and had another low scoring game. Both resulted in losses for his team.

It's way too early to be calling him a "future all star".

Mathius

Obviously saying Stuck is a future All Star is me being optimistic and probably just a biased Pistons fan.

Diesel J
01-03-2009, 12:06 PM
Stuckey is a future all star in my eyes and it's clearly a big reason why Detrot was willing to trade Billups

1~Gibson~1
01-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Detroit got the better player

Denver got the better deal

copper
01-03-2009, 02:21 PM
Detroit got the better player

Denver got the better deal
Detroit clears cap space like a barn sale after this season with AIs expiring contract...detroit got the better player and the better deal..

1~Gibson~1
01-03-2009, 02:28 PM
Denver is 13-5 since the trade-winning record

Detroi is 10-11 with AI-losing record

I think denver still got the better end

copper
01-03-2009, 03:08 PM

If youre gonna count solely the record? wait til the end of the season and see where the 2 teams end up. If you go by that scenario alone? what happens if the Nuggets end up winning 10 more games than the Pistons and get bumped in the first round of the playoffs, and detroit gets to the ecf or finals? will the extra 10 games the Nugs won still mean theyre the winners of the trade?
I am saying this because I never solely judge teams based on win loss records. Some teams face tougher schedules, have chemistry issues, injuries, I preffer to look at how teams are playing regardless of win/loss. Some teams are alot better than their record would indicate. and some teams have rediculous records and I think they are soft.

Godfather
01-03-2009, 03:49 PM
What is it 6 straight? Where are the haters now?

1~Gibson~1
01-03-2009, 03:57 PM
If youre gonna count solely the record? wait til the end of the season and see where the 2 teams end up. If you go by that scenario alone? what happens if the Nuggets end up winning 10 more games than the Pistons and get bumped in the first round of the playoffs, and detroit gets to the ecf or finals? will the extra 10 games the Nugs won still mean theyre the winners of the trade?
I am saying this because I never solely judge teams based on win loss records. Some teams face tougher schedules, have chemistry issues, injuries, I preffer to look at how teams are playing regardless of win/loss. Some teams are alot better than their record would indicate. and some teams have rediculous records and I think they are soft.maybe not. but its pretty clear that denver got the better end of the trade. not saying detroit got ripped off, not saying that it was a bad trade for detroit, im just saying denver got the better end.

Godfather
01-03-2009, 04:20 PM
maybe not. but its pretty clear that denver got the better end of the trade. not saying detroit got ripped off, not saying that it was a bad trade for detroit, im just saying denver got the better end.

That is bull ****. This trade did exactly what it was supposed to for Detroit. The fact of the matter is they now have room for Stuckey to improve (and wow has he improved) and have a huge exierer for the summer. The fact is Denver is still destined for an early playoff exit (they can't beat NO, SA, LA), while the Pistons is looking at their regular playoff run (no championship though), while they well be completely ready for a future run.

At least with Iverson coming off the books this summer Denver could have pursued another player for the future now they are stuck with the team they got. And without a coaching change and an additional solid player they aren't getting over the championship hump.

embersyc
01-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Denver needed a point guard, you can't tell me a there is a better point guard than Billups available as a free agent this summer. The trade worked out great for both teams. There really wasn't a loser of the trade.

copper
01-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Denver needed a point guard, you can't tell me a there is a better point guard than Billups available as a free agent this summer. The trade worked out great for both teams. There really wasn't a loser of the trade.
Denver got the pg they needed, and D town got the flexibility of expiring contract, along with room for Stuck to shine and a first ballot hofer. AND they will go as far...if not farther than they would have with CB.
Denver didnt lose in the deal...But Detroit defenitely got a much greater return. It was a deal that satisfied both parties....wish my wife could say the same...lol:cheers:

1~Gibson~1
01-03-2009, 05:39 PM
That is bull ****. This trade did exactly what it was supposed to for Detroit. The fact of the matter is they now have room for Stuckey to improve (and wow has he improved) and have a huge exierer for the summer. The fact is Denver is still destined for an early playoff exit (they can't beat NO, SA, LA), while the Pistons is looking at their regular playoff run (no championship though), while they well be completely ready for a future run.

At least with Iverson coming off the books this summer Denver could have pursued another player for the future now they are stuck with the team they got. And without a coaching change and an additional solid player they aren't getting over the championship hump.it did exactly what it was supposed to do for denver also. they got the PG they needed, and their defense is way better now that billups in the lineup. If they still had AI, they'd be getting killed with that AC/AI backcourt.

I'd wouldnt count my eggs b4 they hatch (referring to the first round exit comment), Denver has been looking like a contender ever since Billups put on a Colorado uni, they're +.500 ever since the trade, while Detroit is only .500

AItheAnswer3
01-03-2009, 05:46 PM

They're 16-11. Denver's like 19-9.

arf05
01-03-2009, 11:10 PM

IN YO FACE! Denver blowing out New Oreleans

They're 16-11. Denver's like 19-9.

Denver is 22 - 9. Get your records right, next.

1~Gibson~1
01-03-2009, 11:16 PM
They're 16-11. Denver's like 19-9.i just googled it and put the first record i saw :lol

Either way, i still think the Nuggz got the better end.

stephanieg
01-03-2009, 11:27 PM
The efficiency differential story...

PISTONS:

07-08 -- 8.5 (!)
08-09 -- 1.1

NUGGETS:

07-08 -- 3.7
08-09 -- 3.4

copper
01-04-2009, 12:37 AM
IN YO FACE! Denver blowing out New Oreleans

Denver is 22 - 9. Get your records right, next.
Do your parents know youre on their computer without supervision? Denver choked on a bone and damn near lost the game...and again gave up 100 pts.

boozehound
01-04-2009, 02:15 AM
it did exactly what it was supposed to do for denver also. they got the PG they needed, and their defense is way better now that billups in the lineup. If they still had AI, they'd be getting killed with that AC/AI backcourt.

I'd wouldnt count my eggs b4 they hatch (referring to the first round exit comment), Denver has been looking like a contender ever since Billups put on a Colorado uni, they're +.500 ever since the trade, while Detroit is only .500
how is 16-11 .500?

final.wrath
01-04-2009, 02:21 AM
1-Gibson-1 just hates the pistons of course he's going to say the nuggets won the trade.

look, billups is a good player but he's not as good as he is being made out to be lately. he is trying to prove himself after getting traded and when in it comes playoff time the nuggets are not as well positioned as the pistons.

the pistons got the better of the deal definately

Godfather
01-04-2009, 02:45 AM
The efficiency differential story...

PISTONS:

07-08 -- 8.5 (!)
08-09 -- 1.1

NUGGETS:

07-08 -- 3.7
08-09 -- 3.4

Take your bull **** statistics and throw them out the door nerd. The Nuggets have gotten better from last year with this trade. And in time the Pistons will too.

NugzFan
01-04-2009, 02:47 AM
I am saying this because I never solely judge teams based on win loss records. Some teams face tougher schedules, have chemistry issues, injuries, I preffer to look at how teams are playing regardless of win/loss. Some teams are alot better than their record would indicate. and some teams have rediculous records and I think they are soft.

obviously the pistons have a way better chance of making it past round 1. they could face the hawks...denver will get the spurs, suns, mavs, jazz or portland most likely.

that doesnt define which side did better.

NugzFan
01-04-2009, 02:48 AM

At least with Iverson coming off the books this summer Denver could have pursued another player for the future now they are stuck with the team they got. And without a coaching change and an additional solid player they aren't getting over the championship hump.

speaking of bull ****...

if we let AI walk we would have gained NO cap space and could have signed NO ONE with his lost salary (except with our MLE). at least we got a good player in CB.

copper
01-04-2009, 02:50 AM
obviously the pistons have a way better chance of making it past round 1. they could face the hawks...denver will get the spurs, suns, mavs, jazz or portland most likely.

that doesnt define which side did better.
neither does comparing records against different teams. So as I said, we can judge on length of playoff run??? or the way the teams are playing on the court???? it is a very difficult comparison

detsportsfan3
01-04-2009, 02:58 AM
neither does comparing records against different teams. So as I said, we can judge on length of playoff run??? or the way the teams are playing on the court???? it is a very difficult comparison
but you gotta look even past that to decide who the "winner" will be. Denver could do better in the playoffs than detroit this year but pistons could sign a good player with the AI savings and have better seasons in the future.

copper
01-04-2009, 03:31 AM
but you gotta look even past that to decide who the "winner" will be. Denver could do better in the playoffs than detroit this year but pistons could sign a good player with the AI savings and have better seasons in the future.
and yet another determining factor to the trade...there are the future scenarios:confusedshrug:

01-04-2009, 03:38 AM
I see the Pistons window closing fast. They can do anything in the playoffs though. I say ride it out and hope for the best.

copper
01-04-2009, 04:27 AM
I see the Pistons window closing fast. They can do anything in the playoffs though. I say ride it out and hope for the best.
The window closed on the championship team and was closing quickly on last years team. Until the trade, the trade brought in a proven scorer that may help in the playoffs to get us through the scoring draughts that have become too farmiliar. It also Moved Stuckey into the starting lineup, anyone that hasnt seen him yet take a look Im sure if ya do you will see why Billups was expendable. It also gives Joe the opportunity to clear cash after the season to go after any top free agent he wants. In essence...keeps us competetive for the current season with potential to go deep, while giving us opportunity to improve the next couple years. Joe also has a handful of draft picks built up for the next couple seasons. I love the fact that Joe has kept the Pistons near the top since the ship...and we have the possibility to remain there without having the drastic drop off that most teams have gone through due to rebuilding.

stephanieg
01-04-2009, 05:02 AM
Take your bull **** statistics and throw them out the door nerd. The Nuggets have gotten better from last year with this trade. And in time the Pistons will too.

Damn...you're right. I'll just listen to message board fan boys, instead of seeing what is actually happening. Detroit has collapsed (for now) and Denver made a lateral move, at best. But hey, you're right -- maybe things will improve. Maybe the Finals will be Spurs vs. Atlanta.

Diesel J
01-10-2009, 01:39 AM
Detroit with the win tonight vs Denver:applause:

Kiddlovesnets
03-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Bump!!!

BankShot
03-08-2009, 09:46 PM
speaking of bull ****...

if we let AI walk we would have gained NO cap space and could have signed NO ONE with his lost salary (except with our MLE). at least we got a good player in CB.

+1

Isn't it funny when people discuss cap issues without understanding the team's cap situation, and the nature and laws of the salary cap??

francesco totti
03-09-2009, 12:39 AM
Bump , LO ****ING L!

Did detroit lose the trade??? We will know about it based on who they will sign in the summer . They need players in frontcourt. Now if they got boozer.. Billups for boozer is a steal!

Did denver win the trade? They did it to go to second round playoffs ( based on karl and denver nuggets organization words). If they dont, either karl gets fired or melo gets traded( pretty stupid imo) ..
The major improvement everybody been talking about for denver earlier in the year is over. They are losing game after game now. Heck Sacramento beat them now.

nashisbest
03-09-2009, 01:13 AM
they got back to the same level after benching the dude they got in return for trading away their starting PG

verdict: BAD trade