PDA

View Full Version : 2008-09 Pre/Post-Game Thoughts

InspiredLebowski
11-09-2008, 10:38 PM
This is the thread we'll use this season for pre and post game thoughts and analysis.

The few previous individual game threads we already had for this season can be found here:
Game 1 @ Detroit: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107631
Game 2 v Boston: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107945
Game 3 v Suns: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108396
Game 4 @ Cavs: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108611

catzhernandez
11-09-2008, 11:07 PM
nice thread...

we don't have merging abilities btw.

mateo31
11-11-2008, 12:03 AM
Another good game. The Pacers were able to pull a close one out in the 4th quarter. T.J. Ford was close to another triple double and Josh McRoberts provided some nice energy off the bench in the 2nd half.

catzhernandez
11-11-2008, 01:59 AM
3-3 is nice, but we could easily be 5-1, if a) Dunleavy wasn't injured, and b) we would have closed out those games between the Suns and the Cavs.

Good job, guys. We were able to pull through even though we were playing almost all bench warmers in the first half.

InspiredLebowski
11-13-2008, 05:10 PM
Nov 12, W 98-87, @ NJ

Hey, I'll take it. They were w/o Devin Harris, we were w/o Danger, Jr, and Murph. Nets may suck, but w/ the guys we had out the talent level was fairly comparable. Nice to see them get it done though, give me that much more of the sunshiner team cohesiveness vibe.

I still LOVE the defense. All kinds of team leaders out, but they continued the great effort. Hopefully a few days rest and Danny'll be back, they said it was just cramps (hold your WNBA jokes). Nice to see Roy getting some fairly extensive burn but not fouling his way to the bench.

And a Steve Graham sighting! I wish our end of the bench guys'd get more garbage minutes, especially with the tempo we run at.

Heilige
11-18-2008, 04:43 PM
InspiredLebowski,

I sent you a PM awhile ago. Could you please check it and respond as soon as possible? Thanks! :cheers:

catzhernandez
11-18-2008, 05:31 PM
InspiredLebowski,

I sent you a PM awhile ago. Could you please check it and respond as soon as possible? Thanks! :cheers:
:roll::roll:

You.

jbot
11-18-2008, 08:06 PM
catz, quit changing avys.

catzhernandez
11-19-2008, 12:08 AM
Another solid game from the entire TEAM tonight.

I think it was our most solid win of the season, most importantly due to the fact that we were able to stave off a late run by the Hawks in the 4th quarter, and they had a chance near the end to cut within 5, but Quis came up with a HUGE block/steal, and was able to capatalize at the other end.

All in all, everyone played well, whether it was Jack off the bench with big numbers, or Rasho getting 21 points, Murphy's 18 rebounds, or Granger's 34 points, everybody had a great great game.

catzhernandez
11-26-2008, 12:39 AM
We should be at least 9-4 right now.

How frustrating. I knew we were gonna blow it, as much as I hate to say...

Ahh, I don't even want to talk about it.

InspiredLebowski
11-26-2008, 02:38 AM
There's really no excuse for this continual falling apart and letting guys like Jason Terry get opponents back into games. This is the sort of thing that separates good teams from mediocre ones.

jbot
12-11-2008, 03:06 PM
our loss vs. TOR really hurt. they lose 5 straight and we give them the win? poor granger was trying his best to help out offensively but it just wasn't working.:cry:

InspiredLebowski
12-13-2008, 01:34 AM
TJ and JOB you mofos! That's what you draw up out of a timeout?! I like what TJ brings with his drive and kick game to a JOB gameplan, but man, in these late game situations it's time to keep him either on the bench or the ball out of his hands. If you see the mismatch, attack it TJ, not spend 6 seconds dribbling around to throw up some garbage w/o even looking to draw a foul. Man I miss Dunleavy and his ability to get himself to the FT line, all these close losses could have easily swung to the W column.

catzhernandez
12-13-2008, 01:37 AM
I think we should fire OB. Thoughts?

InspiredLebowski
12-13-2008, 02:00 AM
I think we should fire OB. Thoughts?

I'm not ready to start calling for heads until Jr's back. If we're still losing this many close games after our #2 option is back, then be gone JOB. And that's sort of hard to say, I like Jim O'Brien, I really do, just not as a head coach. He makes guys earn every minute they get, which is great, but if it's a close game down the stretch, book it as an L. A near 1/3 winning percentage is NOT acceptable, this is the Pacers, not the Clippers or Thunder. Get low post scoring and a coach who encourages it.

And play big Roy, WTF!

catzhernandez
12-13-2008, 02:11 AM
Big Roy needs to stop playing like a pu$$y.

Maggot
12-13-2008, 01:49 PM
pacers @ bucks tonight :D

i'm sorry jbot, catz, lebowski but we need this win...and we'll get it :D

InspiredLebowski
12-13-2008, 11:49 PM
pacers @ bucks tonight :D

i'm sorry jbot, catz, lebowski but we need this win...and we'll get it :D

Looking like it. Damn you Mike Redd.

Maggot
12-14-2008, 05:32 AM
Looking like it. Damn you Mike Redd.
and bogut had a 20/20 game :bowdown:

but this kid, brandon rush, he's for real...you only have one more thing to do...fire jim and hire mo cheeks

catzhernandez
12-14-2008, 05:45 AM
and bogut had a 20/20 game :bowdown:

but this kid, brandon rush, he's for real...you only have one more thing to do...fire jim and hire mo cheeks
agreed

SHEED_ gangsta
12-17-2008, 08:25 PM
tonights game vs the Golden State should be a good one very high scoring. hope Indy gets a win I wanna see thie Pacers in the playoffs

SHEED_ gangsta
12-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Travis Deiner is back!!!!!!

catzhernandez
12-17-2008, 09:21 PM
tonights game vs the Golden State should be a good one very high scoring. hope Indy gets a win I wanna see thie Pacers in the playoffs
:cheers:

Nice.

mateo31
12-17-2008, 11:22 PM
Yet another good game tonight, and a pretty good overall team effort. I especially enjoyed watching Steve Graham. He made some clutch baskets for the Pacers. I think the Pacers need to lock Graham up in some kind of long term contract. The man is always ready to play, and it seems like he has a good head on his shoulders. Rasho also provided a nice lift off the bench and played well in only 19 minutes. :rockon:

InspiredLebowski
12-19-2008, 09:39 PM
Murphy, Danny, and Quis all out tonight against LAC because of this apparently contagious virus. None will play against Philly either. And Ford is limited thanks to his groin.

Stevie Graham gets his chance to earn a legit spot in the rotation, and Rush and Hibbert get to see big minutes.

catzhernandez
12-19-2008, 11:04 PM
This ****ing blows. Way to blow another game.

**** Al Thornton.

InspiredLebowski
12-20-2008, 09:04 AM
Forget Al Thornton, screw Jack. I like him a lot, but that last play in the 1st OT was horrible. He had Rush wide open to kick it out to (the box looks terrible, but Rush was hitting some nice shots down the stretch) but he was going to the bucket the whole way.

TJ's TO on the last possession of regulation instead of at least getting a potential game winner up was also horrible. I know the team was massively shorthanded, and it'd be a valid excuse had we gotten blown out I suppose, but we were in this and probably should have won. Put Diener in the game in these late game situations, he at least takes care of the ball and isn't looking to score regardless of if it's a bad shot.

Still, good effort as shorthanded as we were I guess. But I'm getting damned tired of saying good effort.

Oh, and McBob making you a believer yet catz? You think Croshere's swatting Randolph? Of course, Croshere isn't airballing a 15 footer the next trip down the court. If that kid could learn to calm down a bit on the offensive end he could be a solid rotational guy. I know he can shoot, could at Duke anyway.

catzhernandez
12-20-2008, 03:21 PM
McRoberts is a total energy guy.

I'm really starting to like his game. Confidence needs built up, of course, but it will come with time.

jbot
12-20-2008, 11:17 PM
McRoberts is a total energy guy.

I'm really starting to like his game. Confidence needs built up, of course, but it will come with time.

what? could it be? catz is starting to like mcbobby? told ya the kid could play.

yeah, he made some bloopers here and there, like his botched between-the-legs pass and duo airballed 3's tonight, but he is a hustle guy and did outstanding on the defensive end for us.:rockon:

catzhernandez
12-21-2008, 09:12 PM
I kind of liked the whole thought process he had behind that between the legs pass. Shows he has courage to try something new.

jbot
12-21-2008, 10:18 PM
I kind of liked the whole thought process he had behind that between the legs pass. Shows he has courage to try something new.

yes but with having players out like we do, it's best to play smart for now. his defense is coming along great though.

catzhernandez
12-22-2008, 04:42 PM
yes but with having players out like we do, it's best to play smart for now. his defense is coming along great though.
His defense seems... inspired.

SHEED_ gangsta
12-23-2008, 09:04 PM
Pcers Nets game link?

jbot
12-24-2008, 09:50 PM
Pcers Nets game link?still waiting on that skate vid, sheed.

Miller Time
12-27-2008, 03:54 PM
ugly loss against the Grizzlies. That is all I wanted to say....

SHEED_ gangsta
12-28-2008, 05:53 PM
still waiting on that skate vid, sheed.

hahahahha it's coming!!!

it's damn shame Indy has suffered so many injuries. I think only the Rockets has had such bad luck, this team could be deadly running at full force

Granger is a soldier tho I think he's gonna play tonight. what's TJ's status??? the game's gonna be on Raptors TV tonight and I wanna see the lil engine!!

Indiana can and probaly will win this game as long as they hold NO below 100

catzhernandez
12-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Bull****. This is aggravating. How is it for the last TWO years, as soon as one of our main guys comes back from an injury, the other goes down??? We trade an old and injured JO, and Marquis Daniels finally starts to play well coming back from an injury, and Dunleavy goes does for 3+ months. Diener starts to get healthy, and there goes Murphy. Murphy comes back, and boom, there goes Ford. This team is incapable of having 12 healthy guys on the floor. It's never going to happen.

SHEED_ gangsta
12-29-2008, 04:12 AM
I feel you man had Ford or Dunleavy played tonight they would've beat the Hornets easily.

ItsMillerTime
12-29-2008, 12:03 PM
I was at the game last night.. and once again we fall apart at the end of the 4th. Chris Paul just took over once it got into crunchtime. And I'm sorry but Jarrett Jack probably shouldn't be starting over Diener. He makes way too many mistakes, especially when the game is on the line.

It was a great game but I'm sad to see them lose another where they could have easily won.

(And 1 thing I noticed: There were WAY more Colts jerseys than Pacers jerseys at last night's game)

catzhernandez
12-29-2008, 03:43 PM
I'm sick and tired of this.

I can't do it. I can't stand being a fan of a losing team that sucks THIS bad.

jbot
12-29-2008, 10:18 PM
I'm sick and tired of this.

I can't do it. I can't stand being a fan of a losing team that sucks THIS bad.

jumping ship, catz?:no:

jbot
12-29-2008, 10:19 PM
hahahahha it's coming!!!

it's damn shame Indy has suffered so many injuries. I think only the Rockets has had such bad luck, this team could be deadly running at full force

Granger is a soldier tho I think he's gonna play tonight. what's TJ's status??? the game's gonna be on Raptors TV tonight and I wanna see the lil engine!!

Indiana can and probaly will win this game as long as they hold NO below 100

my town just built a concrete skatepark. it's small right now but they're building on to it next spring.

catzhernandez
12-30-2008, 04:08 AM
jumping ship, catz?:no:
Of course not. It's just so freaking frustrating.

SHEED_ gangsta
12-30-2008, 07:40 PM
my town just built a concrete skatepark. it's small right now but they're building on to it next spring.

that's pretty cool man what town are you in?. I wish my city would make a new decent skatepark every good park is in the ****in burbs :banghead:.

Pacers-Hawks tonight :cheers:

Inidiana is gonna win , they already blew out ATL once plus the Hawks are playing a back to back as long as they stay under about 10 TOs they will get the W

catzhernandez
12-31-2008, 03:12 AM
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

ARRGGHHHH!!!!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55/silverbeam/CSM%20Blog/LucyFootball.jpg

jbot
12-31-2008, 12:49 PM
Of course not. It's just so freaking frustrating.
welcome to the pacers franchise for the last 4 years.

catzhernandez
12-31-2008, 04:28 PM
welcome to the pacers franchise for the last 4 years.
The water's cold. :cry:

catzhernandez
01-03-2009, 01:24 AM
Great win tonight, way to hold a team off at home, especially when they're surging.

SHEED_ gangsta
01-03-2009, 01:30 AM
Jarred Jack picking up the slack!!!!!

InspiredLebowski
01-03-2009, 02:04 AM
I'm ready to call for Jack starting over TJ even when he's healthy again.

Miller Time
01-03-2009, 06:47 AM
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/6652/superjackoq2.jpg (http://img352.imageshack.us/my.php?image=superjackoq2.jpg)

SUPER JACK TO THE RESCUE!

catzhernandez
01-03-2009, 01:26 PM
I'm ready to call for Jack starting over TJ even when he's healthy again.
Whoa whoa whoa.

NY Comeback
01-03-2009, 05:59 PM
Ehh....tough loss to take but congrats.

And I didn't notice this until yesterday, watching some Danny Granger highlights but....do any of you notice how Granger shoots on his toes? Literally? That's weird to me. The only player that shoots almost similar is Ray Allen, but he jumps when he shoots. I'm rambling on but I just thought that was a little weird. :oldlol:

SHEED_ gangsta
01-03-2009, 06:43 PM
can the Pacers pull off a back to back??? I would say yes if Kevin martin was still out :oldlol:

last night against NY Indiana commtied 19 turnovers!! cut that in half and ther would be no need for late game heroics.

first team to 100 wins the game

Miller Time
01-04-2009, 05:45 AM
can the Pacers pull off a back to back??? I would say yes if Kevin martin was still out :oldlol:

They pulled it off ;) Kevin Martin played great though, but he missed 2 clutch 3's.

InspiredLebowski
01-04-2009, 02:23 PM
So the Colts are done (****ing defense, draft a damn front 7 player in the 1st round! Enough of this hey we're fast, we'll bend but we won't break, get some big sonuva***** to punch someone in the mouth ok rant over) and Jr's about to be back, allegedly. I've missed the last few games with business and lack of televisisation (new word). Now I can completely dive back in with no other distractions.

And just to remind you all, watch college games for prospects. It's looking like another lotto pick, at very best something in the teens. I'm really liking the Pat Patterson kid from Kentucky and Greg Monroe from Georgetown. Or I could dream about winning the lotto and getting Blake Griffin.

I'm ready to see what we can do with Jr at full strength, but if things keep going bad I'm ready to push for big, consistent, minutes from Rush and Hibbert.

catzhernandez
01-04-2009, 02:40 PM
Hibbert's been great lately.

InspiredLebowski
01-08-2009, 12:32 AM
Danny with the dagger on PHX!

Still choked away a late lead though.

catzhernandez
01-08-2009, 01:08 AM
Insane.

Dunleavy was a breathe of fresh air, it's nice to see somebody else besides Granger able to create their own offense. And man, that entire play at the end of the game, the in bound pass, the spacing, the shot. Just masterful.

brandonislegend
01-10-2009, 04:13 AM
http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116002

comment about danny granger if you want

mateo31
01-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Fun game against the Lakers last night, but another tough loss. :banghead:

InspiredLebowski
01-10-2009, 06:52 PM
That last play, and in effect I suppose the loss, is on JOB. Maybe I need to watch it again, but once Vujajic closed off Jr, there was no other option for Foster. If that's the play you're going to go with fine, but if you want a big on this team passing out of the high post, it's Rasho. Rasho could have also actually hit that shot if they closed off Jr, he wouldn't have stood there and acted like a deer in headlights like Jeff.

The 6th foul on Danny was obviously a killer, and say what you want about it being the iffy call it was, but Danny's got to recognize who he's guarding. I don't think Danny should've been on him with 5 fouls in the first place, but he was. You're guarding one of the elite players in the league at home, you've got to have the wherewithal to recognize that and don't give the ref any opportunity to blow the whistle.

catzhernandez
01-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Exactly. This loss was on OB.

I wish we could fire him this year, but with us still in the fight, we have to keep him, otherwise all hope is basically lost.

Don't get me wrong, I love Jim's attitude, and him as a person in general, but *sigh* his playcalling just isn't getting it done. It sucks to say that since he's such a nice guy, but seriously.

catzhernandez
01-12-2009, 12:44 AM
Another horrible loss.

Granger comes through in the clutch, and then we can't even get him the ball back at the end.

Miller Time
01-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Another horrible loss.

Granger comes through in the clutch, and then we can't even get him the ball back at the end.

J.OB drew up the exact same play that he did against the Lakers. Dunleavy inbounds it to Foster and gets it back (this time he actually got the ball back) but he bricked it.

Why didn't they just give Granger the ball!!! :rant

catzhernandez
01-12-2009, 02:29 PM
J.OB drew up the exact same play that he did against the Lakers. Dunleavy inbounds it to Foster and gets it back (this time he actually got the ball back) but he bricked it.

Why didn't they just give Granger the ball!!! :rant
**** if I know...

OB was like, "I WILL get this play to work!"

catzhernandez
01-14-2009, 10:47 PM
:hammertime: :hammertime: :hammertime: :hammertime: :hammertime:

Miller Time
01-15-2009, 02:24 PM
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

InspiredLebowski
01-24-2009, 02:28 AM
Big week starting on Sunday, great way to get a kick start with a win against Houston tonight.

We've got Charlotte at home on Sunday, at Orlando on Tuesday, Milwaukee at home on Wednesday, Miami at home Friday, then Knicks at home on Saturday. Five games in a week may be killer, but if we can come out of that with 4 wins we may be sitting in the 8 seed at the end of the week.

It's obvious with the most recent rotations with Rush and Hibbert not seeing very big minutes that we're making a push to get to .500 now. Mike being back has the offensive ball movement very much improved, that guy is just as big a part of our success as Danny. A shortened rotation of veterans is keeping the opponent off the FT line so early. I really think we're a consistent block scoring piece away from being a GOOD team. Get a guy like Pat Patterson in the draft and if Hibbert can progress into a post presence on D w/o fouling and Rush improves upon his already ahead of his age perimeter D (albeit inconsistent) we're in pretty good shape.

catzhernandez
01-24-2009, 02:30 AM
I agree.

The turnovers were down tonight, and I think we can keep it up. We're only 3.5 games out of the playoffs at this point, and as you said, we could potentially be in the 8th spot by next week.

Miller Time
02-04-2009, 05:46 AM
Tj Ford choked at the line!!! :mad: :banghead:

catzhernandez
02-04-2009, 02:49 PM
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

InspiredLebowski
02-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Wolves gave us that game and we gave it right back. They turned it over at least twice in the final 30 seconds. Then we can't hit FTs. Color me surprised Danny missed that 3 for the tie though.

Then not fouling on the very last possession. You're down three, one possession. The ball was dribbled right past at least two guys who could've committed a foul. WTF!

InspiredLebowski
02-19-2009, 03:48 AM
And Danny goes out of the game in the 2nd quarter. Hate to the be the I told ya so guy...but resting the knee instead of going to PHX is looking pretty good right now.

DinoRadja40
02-23-2009, 11:57 AM
Man we looked weak on sunday, I cant believe we beat the bulls, ben was tearin us up all game long, Murphy was throwin junk up, marquis couldnt hold the ball, and roy kept hookin up air, but we got a w, guess thats what counts.

catzhernandez
02-24-2009, 12:21 AM
Strike up another game we literally GAVE away there at the end...

InspiredLebowski
03-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Murph lighting up the Jazz, 7 3s in the first half. Rush finally getting the J to fall. Hibbert showing some nice interior D. And Jack and Ford playing like crap. Just once I'd like to see us on all cylinders.

catzhernandez
03-10-2009, 10:13 PM
Murph lighting up the Jazz, 7 3s in the first half. Rush finally getting the J to fall. Hibbert showing some nice interior D. And Jack and Ford playing like crap. Just once I'd like to see us on all cylinders.
:oldlol:

And then Jack lights it up and the 3rd, and everyone else goes cold. Lord.

InspiredLebowski
03-16-2009, 02:53 AM
They basically punched us in the face. We go back home and play 10 of 14 at home and we will see if this team will step up and show that they have some balls if we want to continue this season into the playoffs or not. It is embarrassing, we got beat in every phase of the game. The last two games I do not think we have been blown out all year and the last two games have been a sign of how bad our defense is and all the mistakes we made defensively. It is causing us to struggle offensively as well.

This is why he received the extension.

InspiredLebowski
03-20-2009, 10:59 PM
Go to hell Dirk. Only caught the 2nd half but the D looked pretty solid, from both teams. Jeff was giving Dirk some fits with those slap-aways in the 4th. Then he went for one on the last shot, and, well yeah.

catzhernandez
03-21-2009, 07:49 PM
I thought we played good D all night. Shit loss.

jbot
03-22-2009, 07:49 PM
I thought we played good D all night. Shit loss.

yeah, go figure that the Chokemeister would make the damn shot.:mad:

Miller Time
03-24-2009, 11:50 AM
yeah, go figure that the Chokemeister would make the damn shot.:mad:

the thing is, Dirk Nowitzki is not a choker, sure he choked a bit in the finals, but in the GSW series he was just outplayed. It was not like he missed a bunch of clutch shots in that series.

InspiredLebowski
04-16-2009, 02:30 PM
Season over, de-stickied. Get an athletic big that defends and we're going places, I'm tellin ya!