PDA

View Full Version : LeBron rips Barkley, says 'he's stupid'

Lebron23
11-28-2008, 10:08 PM
He’s stupid. That’s all I’ve got to say about that,” James said Friday night before the Cavaliers’ game against Golden State.

I agree with LeBron, and Sir Charles should STFU. It's none of his business as long as LeBron is wearing the Cavs uniform. He will always be committed in leading this team in the NBA Finals.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ao4gDLvrXv.wFcXN3Zxma0m8vLYF?slug=ap-lebron-barkley&prov=ap&type=lgns

Mateo
11-28-2008, 10:10 PM
lol, I love this. I hope this escalates.

lilojmayo
you said it brother its a free world he can do or say what he wants

Younggrease
as ignorant as Lebron sounds at times he has no business calling someone else stupid.

Mikaiel
11-28-2008, 10:11 PM
LeBron showing some personality ? Wow, that's new

AJ2k8
11-28-2008, 10:12 PM
Barkley wasnt the only one saying stuff like that...Kenny Smith was also in agreeance, like to see him call Kenny stupid:D

KenneBell
11-28-2008, 10:15 PM
I agree with LeBron
What a surprise! :oldlol:

lilojmayo
11-28-2008, 10:17 PM
What a surprise! :oldlol:

yeah if lebron asked lebron23 to jump lebron23 will immediately say how high bron bron how high,

pathetic but i do side with lebron on this one tho

dnyk1337
When LeBron has half the legacy of Charles then he can talk...

Allstar24
He called Barkley stupid...I have a hard time believing that.

Oh no, shots are fired...
Barkley is 100% correct in this case, further evidence as to why I can't stand LeBron as a person. He's a fake individual...exactly what Kobe used to be back in the day.

He comes off as this friendly, laid back dude but when push comes to shove his true character prevails.

Barkley is stupid? Don't get too defensive LeBron, Sir Charles is correct. You are disrespecting the game and the Cavs by talking about what you're planning to do 2 years from now...

3stat2
lol this is gonna be entertaining. Maybe Barkley should challenge him to race 3 and a half laps of the court at Allstar weekend, Bavetta-style.

11-28-2008, 10:19 PM
lol this is gonna be entertaining. Maybe Barkley should challenge him to race 3 and a half laps of the court at Allstar weekend, Bavetta-style.

Just as long no kisses are exchanged, I'm not sure if I can handle that image.

Mikaiel
11-28-2008, 10:20 PM
Barkley has been very critical of the Cavs the past few years, I think that's why LeBron is behaving that way

KeylessEntry
11-28-2008, 10:22 PM
I love Barkley, but I definitely agree with Lebron. There is no reason he shouldnt be able to talk about free agency.

Allstar24
11-28-2008, 10:23 PM
It doesn't matter, Barkley's criticized a lot of popular players like AI, T-mac and Kobe...you see any of them calling him stupid? Its just total disrespect.

11-28-2008, 10:24 PM
It doesn't matter, Barkley's criticized a lot of popular players like AI, T-mac and Kobe...you see any of them calling him stupid? Its just total disrespect.

Touche

Mr_Basketball#1
11-28-2008, 10:25 PM
I love Barkley, but I definitely agree with Lebron. There is no reason he shouldnt be able to talk about free agency.
It's disrespectful to talk about such things while under contract of another team. Lebron should just STFU about his future plans and focus on the team he's on now.

Undisputed
11-28-2008, 10:26 PM
I agree with Charles here. He's speaking from a fans perspective mostly. He's old school, and the new guys are whoring the game. He's loved by the Cleveland fans, that's where he was drafted, and he spits in their faces by playing the cat and mouse game in the media. If he would stop giving stupid comments and feeding the media frenzy, the hype will cease.

KeylessEntry
11-28-2008, 10:29 PM
It's disrespectful to talk about such things while under contract of another team. Lebron should just STFU about his future plans and focus on the team he's on now.

Lebron didnt even talk about HIS future plans. This is exactly what he said to the Knicks media, what Barkley was responding to:

“I think July 1, 2010, is a very big day,” James said when the Cavaliers were in New York. “It’s probably going to be one of the biggest days in free-agent history in the NBA. So a lot of teams are gearing up to try to prepare themselves to be able to put themselves in position to get one of the big free-agent market guys.”

Notice that he didnt say anything about where he wants to be in 2010, nothing about his future plans at all. He simply acknowledged the fact that himself and many other superstars will be free agents in 2010.

DuMa
11-28-2008, 10:30 PM
this is the same charles barkley who always whines that his mother didnt have him later so he can reap up the new millions that kids today are gettin over the players of yesterday.

if charles was in the same position as lebron, he wouldnt dare say anything.

Younggrease
11-28-2008, 10:33 PM
Lebron didnt even talk about HIS future plans. This is exactly what he said to the Knicks media, what Barkley was responding to:

Notice that he didnt say anything about where he wants to be in 2010, nothing about his future plans at all. He simply acknowledged the fact that himself and many other superstars will be free agents in 2010.

he also bought everyone in the stadium a hotdog, and debuted his new big apple shoes etc.

Valliant13
11-28-2008, 10:35 PM
Barkley wasnt the only one saying stuff like that...Kenny Smith was also in agreeance, like to see him call Kenny stupid:D

Kenny Smith is Stupid. I agree with Barkely...but Kenny Smith has said many retarded things.

RaininThrees
11-28-2008, 10:42 PM

And what about the team he's playing on right now? AND NEXT YEAR.

Show some respect for those who are busting their asses for the next 2 years to help make you great LeBron.

SoCalMike
11-28-2008, 10:45 PM
is lebron going to become the new kobe????

:pimp:

RaininThrees
11-28-2008, 10:45 PM
[QUOTE=

gleden
11-28-2008, 10:47 PM
as ignorant as Lebron sounds at times he has no business calling someone else stupid.

Barkley was the one who started this **** by saying that Lebron should shut the hell up

Mateo
11-28-2008, 10:47 PM

Give me a freaking break.

gleden
11-28-2008, 10:49 PM
And what about the team he's playing on right now? AND NEXT YEAR.

Show some respect for those who are busting their asses for the next 2 years to help make you great LeBron.

Lebron is still playing great, leading that team, and he has said that right now hes concentrating on winning a championship with the cavs

GOBB
11-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Bron said nothing wrong. Nor has he ever talked about what he will do. Its the hot topic right now. Its no mystery Bron will be a bigtime FA in 2010. No mystery teams along with NYK and trying to clear cap room to lure him. Sports media is all over this. Even Barkley/Kenny talk about it. So Bron is constantly hounded about it and he answers the best way he can...and Barkley bytches? lol

Its disrespectful to defend yourself from someone who notoriously speaks his mind to a national audience? You kids know nothing.

Mississippi
11-28-2008, 10:51 PM
Barkley was the one who started this **** by saying that Lebron should shut the hell up
Barkley is right. He's giving Bron some advice. Lebron should stfu and stop doing things to make people think he might leave. I mean come on, buying hot dogs for everyone, debuting new shoes, etc. etc. Hopefully Lebron listens instead of going back and forth with Barkley. And lol at the OP exaggerating like Lebron had really said something bad. "Rips Barkley"? :oldlol:

SoCalMike
11-28-2008, 10:53 PM
Its disrespectful to defend yourself from someone who notoriously speaks his mind to a national audience? You kids know nothing.

actually, there's a right way to handle it and a wrong way.... hopefully 'bron will listen to his PR folks and make the right comments rather than let himself get impacted by every single reporter/television personality who has an opinion on the subject. it is a business and 'bron should make sure to treat it as such so that he does nothing to tarnish his image, perceived or real.

11-28-2008, 10:54 PM
Bron said nothing wrong. Nor has he ever talked about what he will do. Its the hot topic right now. Its no mystery Bron will be a bigtime FA in 2010. No mystery teams along with NYK and trying to clear cap room to lure him. Sports media is all over this. Even Barkley/Kenny talk about it. So Bron is constantly hounded about it and he answers the best way he can...and Barkley bytches? lol

He could have taking the high road like other marque players have done in this league (AI, Kobe) who have been criticized by Barkley in the past. Especially considering LeBron is like twice younger then Sir Charles.

We all know by know that Barkley has an extraverted personality, he is a damn NBA analyst, you're in the NBA making million, I'm sure you could brush off a childish comment made by Barkley. Instead LeBron showcases his true persona; his persona and his phoniness goes together like shit and flies.

SourGrapes
11-28-2008, 10:56 PM

he could have defended himself without name calling.

and him not talking about what he will do doesn't mean he isn't playing up the situation. that hot dog stunt was pretty attention-whorish.

Lebron23
11-28-2008, 10:59 PM
is lebron going to become the new kobe????

I think LeBron will win his MVP ala Kobe 2008. He's going to averaged 28 ppg, 8 rpg, 8 apg, and his team winning 58 games.

Cavs and the Lakers are the hottest teams in the League.

LeBron and Kobe doesn't need to play in the 4th quarter because their respective teams are blowing their opponents.

11-28-2008, 11:00 PM
I think LeBron will win his MVP ala Kobe 2008. He's going to averaged 28 ppg, 8 rpg, 8 apg, and his team winning 58 games.

Cavs and the Lakers are the hottest teams in the NBA
LeBron and Kobe doesn't need to play in the 4th quarter because their respective teams are blowing their opponents.

He meant personality wise, not production wise man.
And you forgot Boston...

Mdog1
11-28-2008, 11:00 PM
he could have defended himself without name calling.

and him not talking about what he will do doesn't mean he isn't playing up the situation. that hot dog stunt was pretty attention-whorish.
It was not him that bought them. It was Nike giving them out. Get your facts straight.

Any way LeBron should nto talk out about this stuff. He should have shrugged Barkely off for the joke he has become and let it be that. Now Barkley is going to come back and say some dumb stuff and LeBron is going to and blah blah blah. This is going to start a war between the best player in the world and the best eater.

magic chiongson
11-28-2008, 11:01 PM
where's sir charles? i really want to see him in this thread :)

DuMa
11-28-2008, 11:01 PM
If I was Lebron, i wouldve just responded like this: "Oh Charles said that??? he just mad cuz he didnt get a free hot dog."

SourGrapes
11-28-2008, 11:03 PM
It was not him that bought them. It was Nike giving them out. Get your facts straight.

Any way LeBron should nto talk out about this stuff. He should have shrugged Barkely off for the joke he has become and let it be that. Now Barkley is going to come back and say some dumb stuff and LeBron is going to and blah blah blah. This is going to start a war between the best player in the world and the best eater.

does that change what i'm saying? nike did it with lebron's approval. and it's still pretty inappropriate. learn to connect the dots.

GOBB
11-28-2008, 11:06 PM
He could have taking the high road like other marque players have done in this league (AI, Kobe) who have been criticized by Barkley in the past. Especially considering LeBron is like twice younger then Sir Charles.

We all know by know that Barkley has an extraverted personality, he is a damn NBA analyst, you're in the NBA making million, I'm sure you could brush off a childish comment made by Barkley. Instead LeBron showcases his true persona; his persona and his phoniness goes together like **** and flies.

Right...fans slam Bron for his political correctness he throws out there. Some get annoyed and want some more real, blunt, raw responses. He gives a snippet and we're up in arms? He's handled his career better than any young player. Straight from HS he displayed a level of maturity not many could. "He's stupid" is generating these kind of reactions? When Barkley made a career being an immature jackass and says alot of similar things on TNT. But thats just Charles, he has a cool personality. You realize people love Charles personality because he isnt politically correct? But with Bron because he is a player he has to take the shots? Comedy.

You dont believe that you type. What u do believe is here is ur golden chance to slam Bron as Kobe has been for similar comments. Bron is the leagues face right now. So here is ur stage to avenge the Kobe slights over the years.

Have at it homie.

You're reaching. But its Bron so everything he says/do will be magnified.

Younggrease
11-28-2008, 11:08 PM
You're reaching. But its Bron so everything he says/do will be magnified.

how is that reaching..on the day that was a media extraganza all about his free agency he buys everyone in NY a hot dog? coincidence? has he ever done such a thing to a visiting team?

Mdog1
11-28-2008, 11:08 PM
does that change what i'm saying? nike did it with lebron's approval. and it's still pretty inappropriate. learn to connect the dots.
He will be doing the same thing with LA and Miami when he releases his shoes there.

Mdog1
11-28-2008, 11:10 PM
how is that reaching..on the day that was a media extraganza all about his free agency he buys everyone in NY a hot dog? coincidence? has he ever done such a thing to a visiting team?
He just unvelied a shoe that was made for NY and he wants some NYers to buy them. Hmm lets think about this. He did it for the attention he would bring to his brand not because he is going to NY. That is a very stupid reason to think he is going to NY and in fact I am laughing at you for it.

SourGrapes
11-28-2008, 11:12 PM
He will be doing the same thing with LA and Miami when he releases his shoes there.

just because it might augment his shoe sales doesn't mean it isn't ridiculous. or disrespectful.

was that supposed to be a justification? or were you just reporting ideas?

Mateo
11-28-2008, 11:13 PM
people said the exact same thing when his rookie deal expired.

DetroitPistonFan
11-28-2008, 11:20 PM
Nice comeback, LeBron. James is an idiot. He doesn't know how to handle the media.

GOBB
11-28-2008, 11:23 PM
Nice comeback, LeBron. James is an idiot. He doesn't know how to handle the media.

What a worthless reply that isnt remotely close to the truth.

Mdog1
11-28-2008, 11:26 PM
just because it might augment his shoe sales doesn't mean it isn't ridiculous. or disrespectful.

was that supposed to be a justification? or were you just reporting ideas?

That is why he is doing it. He wants to sell shoes to stupid NYers who think that there is some hope he will come and play in NY.

Lets assume you live in NY (not sure if you do or not).

You want to buy a pair of shoes, you see the LeBrons but think nah he ain't never going to be here he just said so in the media.

Or you're in the same situation and he just left all doors open and you might consider buying his shoes because you think he might come.

Which is a better marketing strategy? Also if he closes all doors now and does leave he looks like the biggest ********* in sports history.

tsforthrees
11-28-2008, 11:27 PM
i agree with barkley. if lebron is all about winning championships then he has got to stay loyal to his teammates and let them know that he is with them and isn't worrying about 2010, only about winning the ship.

OneMoreSucka
11-28-2008, 11:33 PM
Is there a video or audio clip?

Mdog1
11-28-2008, 11:34 PM
Why haven't any of his team mates said anything? Maybe it doesn't bother them becasue they are getting to play with the best player on the palnet. Also why would you even question his loyalty to the Cavs? He has gone out there and given 100% every single night. He has done more for that franchise than any player in their history ever has and he is still only 23.

SourGrapes
11-28-2008, 11:35 PM
That is why he is doing it. He wants to sell shoes to stupid NYers who think that there is some hope he will come and play in NY.

Lets assume you live in NY (not sure if you do or not).

You want to buy a pair of shoes, you see the LeBrons but think nah he ain't never going to be here he just said so in the media.

Or you're in the same situation and he just left all doors open and you might consider buying his shoes because you think he might come.

Which is a better marketing strategy? Also if he closes all doors now and does leave he looks like the biggest ********* in sports history.

i never said it was a bad marketing strategy.

and i lived in new york for two years, but i still think it was a dipsh*t move lebron's part.

GOBB
11-28-2008, 11:36 PM
i agree with barkley. if lebron is all about winning championships then he has got to stay loyal to his teammates and let them know that he is with them and isn't worrying about 2010, only about winning the ship.

And a nice amount of people fans, media and analyst have Bron as the leading MVP candidate. Altho its premature to start talkin of such a thing.

What on EARTH is giving anyone the idea that Bron isnt loyal and all about winning a chip? Like really.

By the way the Cavs spanked the GSW to sit with the 3rd best record in the entire NBA. Some loyalty.

tsforthrees
11-28-2008, 11:36 PM
Why haven't any of his team mates said anything? Maybe it doesn't bother them becasue they are getting to play with the best player on the palnet. Also why would you even question his loyalty to the Cavs? He has gone out there and given 100% every single night. He has done more for that franchise than any player in their history ever has and he is still only 23.

because he seems more interested in the attention he's been getting for free agency in two seasons then anything else right now. it hasn't been a problem yet, but that definitely has to weigh on a teams attitude when they see their best player entertaining the medias thoughts instead of giving his team a vote of confidence.

ForceOfNature
11-28-2008, 11:38 PM
I agree with Charles here, LeBron is being disrespectful in this scenario. I agree with what Barkley has said regarding LeBron and the Cleveland fans.

Mdog1
11-28-2008, 11:41 PM
because he seems more interested in the attention he's been getting for free agency in two seasons then anything else right now. it hasn't been a problem yet, but that definitely has to weigh on a teams attitude when they see their best player entertaining the medias thoughts instead of giving his team a vote of confidence.
I actually worded that wrong. I didn't mean loyalty. I meant more along the lines of the way he plays but I can't think of a word. As in why would you question the way that he plays (again bad words but I thik it's clearer) because he gives it 100% every night.

tsforthrees
11-28-2008, 11:43 PM
I actually worded that wrong. I didn't mean loyalty. I meant more along the lines of the way he plays but I can't think of a word. As in why would you question the way that he plays (again bad words but I thik it's clearer) because he gives it 100% every night.

got it. i don't question the effort he brings on the court. he plays to win. the point i'm trying to make is that the cavs have a very realistic chance of winning it all this season. if i'm lebron i'm giving the rest of my teammates a vote of confidence and telling the media that he is trying to win with his guys right now and free agency can wait.

Mdog1
11-28-2008, 11:48 PM
got it. i don't question the effort he brings on the court. he plays to win. the point i'm trying to make is that the cavs have a very realistic chance of winning it all this season. if i'm lebron i'm giving the rest of my teammates a vote of confidence and telling the media that he is trying to win with his guys right now and free agency can wait.
Sh!t you nailed a word on your first attempt lol. EFFORT is a great word lol. Yeah I don't agree with him at all, but I do not disagree with the fact he is leaving all doors open. People for some reason like to think that he owes the Cavaliers something. He doesn't. I mean i'd be mad, but if he leaves it is the FO's fault not his.

The chances of him leaving are not very good right now. The Knicks will not be good in 2010 as of now and he is already on a good team that has a real chance to offer another ss the max in 2010 as well.

EricForman
11-29-2008, 12:05 AM
I agree with LeBron, and Sir Charles should STFU. It's none of his business as long as LeBron is wearing the Cavs uniform. He will always be committed in leading this team in the NBA Finals.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ao4gDLvrXv.wFcXN3Zxma0m8vLYF?slug=ap-lebron-barkley&prov=ap&type=lgns

Usually when a player diss Barkley, I'd reply with "please. Barkley in his prime would whup <insert players name> ass on the court".

But in this case, I can't because Lebron is arguably better than Barkley ever was.

Still. Barkley ain't stupid. He actually cares about world issues and hopes to educate and improve the lives of young black males. He's not a superficial clown who wishes to be "the richest athlete ever" or some icon.

So nope, Chuck ain't stupid. And Lebron should STFU.

And please, Barkley in his prime would whup Lebron ass in a fight.

sixerfan3511
11-29-2008, 12:09 AM
Barkley in his prime could kick the $hit out of LeBron. Hell, he probably could now. LeBron, jus STFU.

omarnyc
11-29-2008, 12:13 AM
barkley has never had the poise and character of lebron james, he was one of the biggest *******s in the game yet he's always criticizing somebody.long as lebron goes out and plays to win every night he is fulfilling his obligations to the cavs and the fans, nobody who watches this cat play can ever question his desire to win.

Hotlantadude81
11-29-2008, 12:16 AM
[QUOTE=

1~Gibson~1
11-29-2008, 12:17 AM
I can see each argument. on one hand, you shouldn't talk about your future publicly like lbj was (supposedly) doing. its disrespectful to the game of basketball itself and its disrespectful to your teammates. But on the other hand, lbj is a grown man. He's 23 years old and should be allowed to talk about whatever he wants as long as he's not tampering.

:confusedshrug:

brandonislegend
11-29-2008, 12:22 AM
lol, barkley is a NBA analyst of course hes going to talk about the NBA, and the future of the NBA...

is LeBron a retard?

strifed169
11-29-2008, 12:49 AM
[QUOTE=

Sir Charles
11-29-2008, 12:51 AM
Lebron will be the best player in the league its a fact he is getting close, to me he is the Best All Around Player with Garnett in there for the question and even the Greatest Powerforward of all time Sir Charles himself says the same but he is right: Lebron should show more respect for the game instead of trying to get all the flash and hype. Lebron has to also realize he plays in the weakest conference the game has seen in the last 25-30 years. Barkley at age 40 could have averaged 15-15-5 per game in that conference with ease and he said so himself :rolleyes:

By the way this is what Charles in his Prime would do to Lebron`s team if he tried to mess with him

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=FPnbqWusWVg

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=cAdMW4Hi8yI&feature=related

:rolleyes:

strifed169
11-29-2008, 12:52 AM
lol, barkley is a NBA analyst of course hes going to talk about the NBA, and the future of the NBA...

is LeBron a retard?

Na he's just biased, has Barkley ever mentioned anything when Kobe was *****ing about how bad his team sucked and how he wanted to leave? Lebron IS right, Barkley IS pretty stupid, he still thinks Kobe is the best player in the league :roll: I remember Ernie and Kenny asking him who he thought was the best player in the league was, he gurgled and said Kobe, I still have yet to see someone backup their claims for Kobe being the best in the league today.

Allstar24
11-29-2008, 12:58 AM
barkley has never had the poise and character of lebron james, he was one of the biggest *******s in the game yet he's always criticizing somebody.long as lebron goes out and plays to win every night he is fulfilling his obligations to the cavs and the fans, nobody who watches this cat play can ever question his desire to win.
Yes Barkley's a moron who can't live life without criticizing someone. His comments to T-mac last season was very harsh and unfair. But you want to see poise, see T-mac...he pretty much laughed off everything Barkley said about him. If LeBron has poise and character, he wouldn't call a senior player like Barkley stupid (even though that's true).

wang4three
11-29-2008, 12:59 AM
I love how Barkley likes to talk in extremes. He'll praise them and then completely rip on them. Good job Chuck.

miles berg
11-29-2008, 01:07 AM

Umm, he already does, easily.

Indian guy
11-29-2008, 01:33 AM
Wish more stars had the balls to say this. Barkley's always been a bitter, jealous, hypocritical moron who rarely ever makes sense in the studio. LeBron's response was perfection - Barkley IS stupid. Nobody can argue against that. Given the sort of stupid crap he used to say in his own playing days and the sort of chemistry issues his teams used to have...he should be the last person talking about disrespect, distractions and all that BS. Last time I checked Cleveland was playing better than ever and LeBron's as loved by his teammates as any star player I've ever seen.

Godfather
11-29-2008, 01:54 AM
Someone had to say it. Barkley may be aiming for humor half the time, but he really criticizes the **** out of players.

ConanRulesNBC
11-29-2008, 02:13 AM
Charles Barkely > LeBron James.

DetroitPistonFan
11-29-2008, 02:13 AM
What a worthless reply that isnt remotely close to the truth.
It is the truth. And truth hurts don't it?

YAWN
11-29-2008, 02:14 AM
"stupid"
:lol :lol

kentatm
11-29-2008, 02:14 AM
whatever. Chunk correctly called out Bron for the flat out disrespectful way he is acting. Talking about being on different teams 2 years from now? Most if not every other player would be getting roasted for such a piss poor way of going about his biz.

west
11-29-2008, 02:19 AM
Someone had to say it. Barkley may be aiming for humor half the time, but he really criticizes the **** out of players.
your avy:roll:

EricForman
11-29-2008, 03:21 AM
I love how Barkley likes to talk in extremes. He'll praise them and then completely rip on them. Good job Chuck.

maybe because he praises lebron on his game and is ripping lebron on other aspects of his personality outside of his game?

i think kanye is a brilliant musician but he's a narcissistic egomaniac who should shut the hell up because he sounds like a jackass.

what i just said doesn't contradict at all. you CAN praise someone and rip them too, you know?

RedBlackAttack
11-29-2008, 03:31 AM
I haven't read through this whole thread, but I just learned of this situation and, after reading Chuck's comments, I agree with him 100 percent. LeBron's 'cavalier' attitude toward Cleveland fans who have supported him through thick-and-thin is ridiculous. They deserve better than that.

LeBron is feeding the flames and stoking the fire for something that is TWO YEARS away. He is playing with the Cavaliers. He shouldn't be concerning himself about a contractual situation that isn't even close to coming to pass.

I'm a big fan of LeBron, but he still has a lot of growing up to do and his desire to constantly be in the limelight is annoying.

Chuck called it exactly right and LeBron should listen to him, not insult him.

Real Men Wear Green
11-29-2008, 03:54 AM
The MVP award is the only career achievement Barkley has over James, and James is pretty close to that. James is already a better scorer, defender, and passer than Barkley ever was.

D.J.
11-29-2008, 04:11 AM
This is total disrespect on LeBron's part. Granted Barkley should keep quiet at times, but he was right in this case. Just shut up and play ball. Barkley has criticized superstar players over time and none of them disrespected Charles like LeBron just did. When legends comment about you and try to motivate you, the least you can do is stay humble and take the advice. This shows not only LeBron's lack of respect for his elders, but also his arrogance.

Sir Charles
11-29-2008, 04:22 AM
The MVP award is the only career achievement Barkley has over James, and James is pretty close to that. James is already a better scorer, defender, and passer than Barkley ever was.

BARKLEY is a TOP 10 EFF PLAYER OF ALL TIME and TOP 7 PLAY-OFF PER OF ALL TIME...All of them above had Better Supportin Casts All Over The Years and In Their Primes and Those Casts Primes...

Only 2 Players Ever: MJ and Charles Are BOTH in The Top 10 All-Time PER (Season/Play-Offs) LIST and TOP 10 All-Time EFF LIST

D.J.
11-29-2008, 04:25 AM
BARKLEY is a TOP 10 EFF PLAYER OF ALL TIME and TOP 7 PLAY-OFF PER OF ALL TIME...All of them above had Better Supportin Casts All Over The Years and In Their Primes and Those Casts Primes...

Only 2 Players Ever: MJ and Charles Are BOTH in The Top 10 All-Time PER (Season/Play-Offs) LIST and TOP 10 All-Time EFF LIST

Efficiency aside, LeBron has no respect for the past stars of the NBA. He is disrespectful, arrogant, and ungrateful.

Sir Charles
11-29-2008, 04:28 AM
This is total disrespect on LeBron's part. Granted Barkley should keep quiet at times, but he was right in this case. Just shut up and play ball. Barkley has criticized superstar players over time and none of them disrespected Charles like LeBron just did. When legends comment about you and try to motivate you, the least you can do is stay humble and take the advice. This shows not only LeBron's lack of respect for his elders, but also his arrogance.

That is the common with todays unfundamental pricks :rolleyes: . Lebron happens to be one of the Most NATURALLY TALENTED PLAYERS EVER (and Chuck loves his game and even says it in the interview) and but Look at the way Lebron reacts on a Legend? Gime Me a Break! :rolleyes:

Now you know why so many 80-90s Fans Have Stopped Watching The Game :confusedshrug: Its beause of reaction like Lebrons ( but atleast Lebron can play) and the fact that 60% or more of Players of This NEW NBA ERA are Arrogant Young Thug Pricks, That Lack Fundamentals, Are Less Skilled, Are Un B-BAll IQed and Are WAY OVERHYPED according to the REALITY OF THE GAME

Sir Charles
11-29-2008, 04:30 AM
Efficiency aside, LeBron has no respect for the past stars of the NBA. He is disrespectful, arrogant, and ungrateful.

Charles has no respect for anyone over 6`5 that can`t play inside like himself and DOMINATE not JUST PARTICIPATE :no: :pimp: .

He respects very few players...very few.... and he has earned his respect reason why the term SIR goes before his whole name :rolleyes:

Mathius
11-29-2008, 04:30 AM
Here's a shocker, Charles finally gets called out for running his mouth about a player and you guys back him up. :rolleyes:

Charles needs to learn there's a line to cross. Having respect for someone who played the game is on thing, but there's zero reason why you need to tolerate someone insulting you.

Charles NEVER had to deal with this sort of thing because he NEVER commanded the attention Lebron's getting. I guarantee that if he did, he'd have f*cked the whole thing up. Charles made a career of saying stupid sh*t when he was a player, that's why he's the type of broadcaster he is today.

LOL at the guy who said Lebron's "pr people" should handle it. :rolleyes: Yeah, lets hide behind "PR people". Do you know lebron is one of the few players in the league who makes himself available to reporters for an entire hour before all home games, with only one rule? Don't discuss the game.

Besides which, all this bs and talk about Lebron leaving isn't coming from Lebron.

I gave the exact quote he gave where he talked about how he NEVER said anything about wanting to leave Cleveland. But of course you morons ignored it like you usually do when someone brings something intelligent to the discussion.

If the media's going to continue to bother him with this sh*t for the next year and a half, I don't blame him for addressing it.

You can all suck a bone.

Mathius

EricForman
11-29-2008, 04:37 AM
Here's a shocker, Charles finally gets called out for running his mouth about a player and you guys back him up. :rolleyes:
You act like we have no reasons backing him up and are doing so without reason. :confusedshrug:

Charles NEVER had to deal with this sort of thing because he NEVER commanded the attention Lebron's getting. I guarantee that if he did, he'd have f*cked the whole thing up. Charles made a career of saying stupid sh*t when he was a player, that's why he's the type of broadcaster he is today.

I guarantee you more people are on the "Charles speak the truth and even if I disagree, I respect him for speaking his mind" camp than on your camp.

You can all suck a bone.

Mathius

How old are you?

EricForman. :oldlol:

Sir Charles
11-29-2008, 04:42 AM

Better Player? :rolleyes:

6`4 5/8 ft Charles Barkley Averagd 11.7 and 12.9 RPG forr his Career while Playing PF and guarded by great defenders in an era of Superior Physical Play that handchecked you all over the place ranging from Dennis Rodman to 7`1 RObinson or Hakeem 6`10. Not only that....but

Better Scorer :rolleyes:

He Scored 21-23 PPG on ONLY 14-16 Overall FGA PG for his Total Career while Lebron takes at this time 21 FGA PG...what his 5th year? Pathetic! :rolleyes: Barkley shot 58% and 55 % from 2-Point FG on guys that where 5-6 inches taller than him at average every night and Lebron hasn`t Shot 50% once his whole Career!

Better Defender? :rolleyes:

What Defenisve Record does Lebron have for the SF Spot?...Barkley has the Highest SPG Average for the PF Spot Ever for example :confusedshrug:

Better Passer? ofcourse he is a SF and has to do a different Job that a PF. :confusedshrug:

All this in a Superior Time of the NBA, Superior Competition, Superior Players and Superior Teams

More Respect Lebron :sleeping

Glo41
11-29-2008, 04:42 AM
I'm just excited to see what Charles is going to say now.:lol

D.J.
11-29-2008, 04:43 AM

Even if he did deserve it, the best way LeBron could have handled it was by going on the court and backing himself up by his play. Actions speak louder than words. This what made Jordan so great. He didn't need to run his mouth. He could back it up on the court and he did.

Charles needs to learn there's a line to cross. Having respect for someone who played the game is on thing, but there's zero reason why you need to tolerate someone insulting you.

LeBron certainly had the right to feel insulted, but he could have either attacked Barkley like an adult, or by his actions on the court.

A lot of what Charles did was for entertainment. He was pretty much comic relief. Barkley didn't command the attention because he played with Jordan, Magic, and Bird. These three alone commanded all the attention.

LOL at the guy who said Lebron's "pr people" should handle it. :rolleyes: Yeah, lets hide behind "PR people". Do you know lebron is one of the few players in the league who makes himself available to reporters for an entire hour before all home games, with only one rule? Don't discuss the game.

That's cool. He's a personable guy.

Trax416
11-29-2008, 04:47 AM
1. Lebron calling anyone stupid is funny, the guy could barely pass highschool.

2. Charles is a basketball legend, a HOF player, he has been around ball before Lebron was alive, he should show some respect.

3. Charles is right. Lebron has done some very disrespectful things. I mean, the guy wore a ****ing Yankee's hat to an Indians playoff game. He talks about NY all the time. Thats a slap in the face to the Cavs.

4. What kind of response is "hes stupid"? Is this the 5th grade?

Mathius
11-29-2008, 04:48 AM
How old are you?

I'm sorry, would you like me to get even more vulgar with the language? Logic is lost on 95% of this board, so I don't give a f*ck if I insult every one of you.

Mathius

Trax416
11-29-2008, 04:49 AM

6`4 5/8 ft Charles Barkley Averagd 11.7 and 12.9 RPG forr his Career while Playing PF and guarded by great defenders in an era of Superior Physical Play that handchecked you all over the place ranging from Dennis Rodman to 7`1 RObinson or Hakeem 6`10. Not only that....but

He Scored 21-23 PPG on ONLY 14-16 Overall FGA PG for his Total Career while Lebron takes at this time 21 FGA PG...what his 5th year? Pathetic! :rolleyes: Barkley shot 58% and 55 % from 2-Point FG on guys that where 5-6 inches taller than him at average every night and Lebron hasn`t Shot 50% once his whole Career!

What Defenisve Record does Lebron have for the SF Spot?...Barkley has the Highest SPG Average for the PF Spot Ever for example :confusedshrug:

Better Passer? ofcourse he is a SF and has to do a different Job that a PF. :confusedshrug:

All this in a Superior Time of the NBA, Superior Competition, Superior Players and Superior Teams

bingo.

It shouldn't be about who is the better player anyway. That means nothing. Charles is right when he says Lebron is being disrespectful. He never said James can't play.

Charles Said that Lebron was a stud, and a great player, but he is being disrespectful. Then James calls him stupid. lol, I guess if Charles is stupid, it means you are an over-rated player and not being disrespectful.

I can understand Lebron being stressed though. Must suck living in Kobe's shadow your entire career, it would stress anyone out.

Mathius
11-29-2008, 04:50 AM
1. Lebron calling anyone stupid is funny, the guy could barely pass highschool.

Got some stats to back that up?

2. Charles is a basketball legend, a HOF player, he has been around ball before Lebron was alive, he should show some respect.

So that gives him the green light to insult people with impunity? :rolleyes: Respect is earned, fool. And its easily lost.

3. Charles is right. Lebron has done some very disrespectful things. I mean, the guy wore a ****ing Yankee's hat to an Indians playoff game. He talks about NY all the time. Thats a slap in the face to the Cavs.

You're right. I mean baseball has a lot to do with the Cavs. I mean remember the time he wore that Chicago Bulls hat to a Cavs game? Oh wait. That didn't happen. Get a f*cking life.

4. What kind of response is "hes stupid"? Is this the 5th grade?

You are aware that there are stupid people in this world, right? Stupid wasn't invented by 5th graders.

Mathius

brandonislegend
11-29-2008, 04:51 AM
who calls someone stupid anymore?

lmao...welcome to 92'

Sir Charles
11-29-2008, 04:53 AM

Read Up.....

And Lebron`s comments apart from the NBA sucking compared to back when Charles played is the Reason Why So Many Basketball Fans (in General) have stopped watching the NBA as often as Before

Now Read Down....

Minute 3.47 on....:applause:

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=0fOpgciow_g&feature=related

Trax416
11-29-2008, 05:12 AM
Got some stats to back that up?

Did you not watch basketball before Lebron was drafted? He was in jepordy of not being able to make the draft because his grades were so garbage. This is common knowledge.

So that gives him the green light to insult people with impunity? :rolleyes: Respect is earned, fool. And its easily lost.

My family taught me to respect my elders, especially those with lots of experience, and only stop respecting them when they disrespect me. Charles didn't disrespect Lebron, you moron. He said he was being disrespectful to Cav's fans, something, you know, EVERYONE IN THE MEDIA HAS SAID

You're right. I mean baseball has a lot to do with the Cavs. I mean remember the time he wore that Chicago Bulls hat to a Cavs game? Oh wait. That didn't happen. Get a f*cking life.

Before the Olympics Lebron when asked about coming back to the Cav's in 2010 said "everyone can have a dream". That is one of the most disrespectful and egotistical quotes I have heard from a player about his team and fans. He also said to NY fans "I will be here soon", yet has seasons left with the Cavs

You are aware that there are stupid people in this world, right? Stupid wasn't invented by 5th graders.

Mathius

Calling someone stupid is something 5th graders do. People grow up and learn to speak to each other without resorting to name calling.

Mikaiel
11-29-2008, 05:29 AM
Did you not watch basketball before Lebron was drafted? He was in jepordy of not being able to make the draft because his grades were so garbage. This is common knowledge.

LeBron, like every other senior with a serious goal unrelated to academics, had mixed feelings about classwork. [...] Still, he kept up good grades. And St Vincent St Mary was not the type of school that made special "accommodations" for certain athletes. LeBron was a legitimate student.

"He was never at a point where he had a C and had to battle back," said Beth Harmon, English teacher who had LeBron as a freshman, sophomore and senior. "He never let himself get to that point, at least not for me. He was always the kid who had his work done and if he didn't do it right the first time, he'd do it right the second time. The attitude he had on the basketball court was the same attitude he had in the classroom"

Source : LeBron James, the rise of a star by David Lee Morgan.

So please, stop talking out of your ass

brandonislegend
11-29-2008, 05:32 AM
Source : LeBron James, the rise of a star by David Lee Morgan.

So please, stop talking out of your ass

:roll:

a monkey could pass high school...thank god their finally making it harder high school is so freaking easy, and imagine being a freaking superstar in high school that teacher probably did all his homework and met him after class for some extra stuff -_-

Mikaiel
11-29-2008, 05:34 AM
:roll:

a monkey could pass high school...thank god their finally making it harder high school is so freaking easy, and imagine being a freaking superstar in high school that teacher probably did all his homework and met him after class for some extra stuff -_-

I'm not saying he's a genius or anything like that, but the guy did not "barely pass highschool" like Trax416 believes.

brandonislegend
11-29-2008, 05:40 AM
yeah, but seriously just him going to that high school of course the teachers gonna kiss his a** he could have went anywhere

Prodigy
11-29-2008, 06:53 AM
My family taught me to respect my elders, especially those with lots of experience, and only stop respecting them when they disrespect me. Charles didn't disrespect Lebron, you moron. He said he was being disrespectful to Cav's fans, something, you know, EVERYONE IN THE MEDIA HAS SAID

I dare you to work/school and tell everyone you know that they're great people but to shut the hell up. See if you'll have any respect left after that.

Real Men Wear Green
11-29-2008, 07:56 AM

I am talking about NBA Awards and accomplishments, not some made-up number for stat geeks. But I'm pretty sure that if you applied PER to LBJ's 28/7/6 of this season or 30/7/7 of last season he'd look great by that standard as well.
[B] Better Player? :rolleyes:

I don't care what his height was. A player's size is not a valid argument for or against how great of a player they are/were. Sure, it makes it more amazing that Barkley rebounded the way that he did, but does it make him a better rebounder? Of course not.

James takes more shots, yes. And he also scores more points. 30 ppg last year (a figure Barkley maybe could have reached, but never actually did) and 27 in the early part of this season, a number that is going to increase. And yes, James has only had five complete seasons, yet has already lead his team to the Finals once, Conference Finals twice, four-times All-NBA, twice All-NBA first team, and oh yeah, he also has a scoring title.

Do steals per game mean that AI is a great defender? Barkley himself once said that he hoped Bird never retired, because that way he would only be the second-worst defender in the NBA.

Better Passer? ofcourse he is a SF and has to do a different Job that a PF.
So all of a suddenn, position is important, because we're talking about passing, but didn't matter when you brought up rebounding? Fact of the matter is that small forwards don't normally average anything close to 6 assists per game, and yet James has a career average of 6.6 and last season got 7.

100% pure assumption that can't and won't be proven either way, though I'm pretty sure that in the 8 years since Barkley's retired the league can't have changed all that much.

JdubStylee
11-29-2008, 08:25 AM
It seems clear that less than 50% of you actually watch sports television and/or read articles online.....

LeBron has done very well with the media. He has been as honest as he can be with his fans and the media. He has said that he is 100% focused on the next two years here in Cleveland and is going to do everything he can to win a championship. That's all there is to it.

As for the Barkley comment, who cares. We have no idea how he said. All we know is he said "He's stupid." Of course the media doesn't give us the full quotes of the conversation he had. They most likely took it out of context. He may have been laughing as he said it. He could be somewhat tight with Barkley for all we know.

Those who are close to Sir Charles know he's pretty much just the butt of their jokes. I mean, he's a good guy and all....but if you asked Michael Jordan if he cared for Barkley's opinions, he would definitely say "No, thanks." or maybe even the same thing LeBron said lol.

And even if LeBron did say he was stupid and that was the end of it, LeBron is entitled to say whatever he wants. He was called out by Barkley on national television(albeit Barkley's job) and LeBron is just supposed to sit there? I realize it wasn't the best choice of words, but get over it. I know you are supposed to respect the greats/elders of the NBA's past, but Barkley may actually be one of the exceptions to that. I highly doubt LeBron would have called Magic Johnson "stupid" had he said the same thing about him.

All Net
11-29-2008, 08:38 AM
I'm sure Lebron said this in a laughing way, I doubt he said it as If he was pissed off.

Lebron23
11-29-2008, 08:41 AM
I'm sure Lebron said this in a laughing way, I doubt he said it as If he was pissed off.

Blame it on the media for hyping this feud. :roll: :oldlol: :roll:

gigantes
11-29-2008, 11:04 AM
for all of the hype proclaiming that james was 'mature beyond his years' and so forth, this is now the second time in the past week that he's said something extremely childish.

IMO a truly mature player would play off charles as the loveable loudmouth that he is without getting personal.

no argument that charles can legitimately be put down, but if the best you can conjure up is "he's stupid," then you need to be sent back to elementary school, 'king' or not.

JdubStylee
11-29-2008, 11:07 AM
for all of the hype proclaiming that james was 'mature beyond his years' and so forth, this is now the second time in the past week that he's said something extremely childish.

IMO a truly mature player would play off charles as the loveable loudmouth that he is without getting personal.

no argument that charles can legitimately be put down, but if the best you can conjure up is "he's stupid," then you need to be sent back to elementary school, 'king' or not.

This very well could be what he did. Let's give LeBron the benefit of the doubt(since he deserves it) before we go and assume he just straight up called Barkley stupid and wasn't joking around about it.

big baller
11-29-2008, 11:16 AM
Man, James should of just keepd his head down and keep playing basketball, u never call a very respected legend stupid...and this is barkley, who is gonna be on TNT every thursday ,making some crap bout u. James is a dumb **** for answering back, this reminds me of when soulja boy said tht ice t is a washed out rapper, and he responded by.....:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7FhIUuo6tE

mlh1981
11-29-2008, 11:22 AM
LeBron conducts himself with a ton of class. Where have the role models been in his life? Given his background, and what he's had to go through, I'd say he's turned out pretty damn well, not just as a player, but also as a person. Even when entering the league, he had really noone on the team to show him the ropes, and to show him the little things that a leader has to do. He's done it all on his own. People complain about him and say he's boring/not interesting enough, but when he gives a candid response to something, those same people then turn around and criticize him for that. You can't have your cake and eat it, too.

JdubStylee
11-29-2008, 11:44 AM
Man, James should of just keepd his head down and keep playing basketball, u never call a very respected legend stupid...and this is barkley, who is gonna be on TNT every thursday ,making some crap bout u. James is a dumb **** for answering back, this reminds me of when soulja boy said tht ice t is a washed out rapper, and he responded by.....:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7FhIUuo6tE

Ok....so Ice T responded by making 4:30 of total crap? He contradicted himself a dozen times. There's like three or four separate videos where he starts over.

Anyway, today or tomorrow, we're going to hear LeBron's full side of the story and we're probably going to find out that he said it in a joking way and that this story was totally blown out of proportion by the media. Therefore, Barkley would hopefully apologize on TNT next time they air their show.

Cannonball
11-29-2008, 12:09 PM
LeBron conducts himself with a ton of class. Where have the role models been in his life? Given his background, and what he's had to go through, I'd say he's turned out pretty damn well, not just as a player, but also as a person. Even when entering the league, he had really noone on the team to show him the ropes, and to show him the little things that a leader has to do. He's done it all on his own. People complain about him and say he's boring/not interesting enough, but when he gives a candid response to something, those same people then turn around and criticize him for that. You can't have your cake and eat it, too.
:applause:

Younggrease
11-29-2008, 12:12 PM

you dont know a thing about him..its a all a made up personality..

Yes I call him boring and that doesnt mean that when gives a candid response I have to like him. That makes no sense. I think the dude is ok but I dont like the way he carries himself(his grammar is horrible and he seems to have a god complex)

JdubStylee
11-29-2008, 12:20 PM

Yes I call him boring and that doesnt mean that when gives a candid response I have to like him. That makes no sense. I think the dude is ok but I dont like the way he carries himself(his grammar is horrible and he seems to have a god complex)

Yes, these two qualities are unique only to LeBron. No athlete in today's society talks/acts that way......:rolleyes:

Younggrease
11-29-2008, 12:22 PM
Yes, these two qualities are unique only to LeBron. No athlete in today's society talks/acts that way......:rolleyes:

was I referring to other athletes...or was I refering to Lebron

Meticode
11-29-2008, 12:33 PM
yeah if lebron asked lebron23 to jump lebron23 will immediately say how high bron bron how high,

pathetic but i do side with lebron on this one tho

You have no room to talk with your O.J. Mayo love fantasy thing you got going on.

JdubStylee
11-29-2008, 12:34 PM
was I referring to other athletes...or was I refering to Lebron

Not sure I understand your post. You seem to be confused. Maybe you should work on your reading comprehension skills.....

I was trying to point out that many athletes struggle with grammar and many athletes feel like they are a god and cannot be touched. Therefore, saying LeBron has these qualities isn't really saying much.....

bdreason
11-29-2008, 12:36 PM
Is this Basketball or Daytime Television?!

The media is fukcing ridiculous these days.

Shepseskaf
11-29-2008, 12:41 PM
He's handled his career better than any young player. Straight from HS he displayed a level of maturity not many could.
100% agreed. But I think he's handling this issue completely wrong, and it will blowback on him big time. Now, all of a sudden, he's in a feud with Barkely and the whole situation will be blown up by the media. Instead of facing a question about his free agency every now and then, he'll be hounded on a consistent basis.

LeBron absolutely has a right to conduct business and to promote his products but he went over the top in NY. He should have just stoned the media about the free agency question, as he's done with just about everything else they've asked him.

If someone like Magic jumps in supporting Barkely, this could get interesting.

Younggrease
11-29-2008, 12:45 PM
Not sure I understand your post. You seem to be confused. Maybe you should work on your reading comprehension skills.....

I was trying to point out that many athletes struggle with grammar and many athletes feel like they are a god and cannot be touched. Therefore, saying LeBron has these qualities isn't really saying much.....

Im I am refering to the fact that Im not talking about other athletes and infering your point was rather mundane and not needed.

Im talking about players personalities I like, not player personalities in general. I can not like all players with those 2 attributes for all you know. Therefore the fact that many players are dumb with god complexes is not nothing more then you spouting off at the mouth about something that is not in the least relevelant.

JdubStylee
11-29-2008, 12:50 PM
Im I am refering to the fact that Im not talking about other athletes and infering your point was rather mundane and not needed.

Im talking about players personalities I like, not player personalities in general. I can not like all players with those 2 attributes for all you know. Therefore the fact that many players are dumb with god complexes is not nothing more then you spouting off at the mouth about something that is not in the least relevelant.

LOL. And you are telling others they have grammar issues? Yours is hardly decipherable.

Anyway, I'll just ask: So you like Tim Duncan and.....?

juju151111
11-29-2008, 12:51 PM

I don't see how grammer have anything to do with liking or disliking a person.I guest u must hate alot of people in the world.Why does he have a god complex? because he calls himself the leader of the team.

mlh1981
11-29-2008, 12:52 PM

No, I don't know anything about him, but he represents the Cavaliers organization extremely well. No, he's not going to have a normal personality when he's been given the great gifts that he has, and has had tons of money/adulation thrown his way, but he's handled it all pretty well. I'll admit that I don't like some of his interviews and press conferences, but he doesn't embarass himself or bring shame to the Cavaliers or the NBA.

R.I.P.
11-29-2008, 12:56 PM

He has the gold, he has the finals loss, he

Gundress
11-29-2008, 01:30 PM
don't care who you are, you don't say that **** to CHARLES BARKLEY. besides, he is clearly right

Mdog1
11-29-2008, 01:40 PM
LOL at the guy that said LeBron doesn't have half the legacy of Charles. He already has 3/4 of it and he is only 23. Barkley is nothing anymore. He is arogant, rants a lot and generally has nothing meaningful to say. Worthless talk is all he does. At least the other announcers try to be funny but all he does is insult people. Barkley may be a HOF player but apparently by those standars so is LeBron already. MVP, NO championship, good PER, good EFF. Ok LeBron is in the HOF now good job LeBron.

LA_Showtime
11-29-2008, 02:39 PM
Still, there's an unsaid rule in the NBA where current NBA players don't insult former NBA players.

JdubStylee
11-29-2008, 02:49 PM
Still, there's an unsaid rule in the NBA where current NBA players don't insult former NBA players.

:hammerhead:

Mathius
11-29-2008, 03:01 PM

As a matter of fact, I didn't watch basketball during those years, and I'm not a Lebron James fan, I'm a Cavs fan. But they said the same thing about KG. That doesn't make it true, because you heard a rumor. Guys like Lebron James and KG have the resources EVEN IN HS, to get a tutor or whatever they need to get by.

And his knowledge has very little to do with his intelligence, so I don't know what the heck you're even bringing this up for. You clearly don't know the difference between stupid and ignorant. They don't give you an IQ test to pass high school, they make you take tests, which are almost entirely based on memory, and little else.

Your family also produced you, so I have very little respect for them.

If your family taught you to stand there and take a bunch of insults because someone is older than you, then they brought you up to be a tool. You can be respectful and still stand up for yourself.

And don't give me any crap about Charles not disrespecting Lebron. That'd make you either an uninformed a$$hole who spouts off without knowing what he's talking about or a complete liar. Because here's what Charles said,

[QUOTE]

Allstar24
11-29-2008, 03:05 PM
What's amusing is that the LeBron fans so vehemently backing what he said wouldn't waste a second before lashing out at another player if they made a similar comment :oldlol: I liked RedBlackAttack

Mdog1
11-29-2008, 03:06 PM
I don't think what he did is right. But calling Barkley stupid is not something that is uncalled for. he is stupid (boarderline retarded).

stephanieg
11-29-2008, 03:08 PM
Why does he have a god complex? because he calls himself the leader of the team.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3211/3068106079_812ab65183_o.jpg

Smokee
11-29-2008, 03:17 PM
I hope this escalates and Lebron doesn't give in, because i know Barkley won't :pimp:

Indian guy
11-29-2008, 03:59 PM
What's amusing is that the LeBron fans so vehemently backing what he said wouldn't waste a second before lashing out at another player if they made a similar comment :oldlol:

No, what's amusing is scared Kobe groupies ganging up on LeBron when they themselves would've defended Kobe to death had he called Barkley stupid.

LJJ
11-29-2008, 04:10 PM
I don't think what he did is right. But calling Barkley stupid is not something that is uncalled for. he is stupid (boarderline retarded).

You think so? I think he is pretty smart in comparison to most basketball players. He says some stupid things, but if you are as outspoken as he is you are going to say a lot of dumb things too. Unless you are some kind of genius.

He is right on this. LeBron isn't being classy, and it's not smart considering he still has a couple of years left on the Cavs.

catzhernandez
11-29-2008, 04:11 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3211/3068106079_812ab65183_o.jpg
That little mark in between "chosen" and "1" looks like some sort of malignant mole or something...

Figured with all the money he has, he could've gotten a better tat than that...

Allstar24
11-29-2008, 04:14 PM
No, what's amusing is scared Kobe groupies ganging up on LeBron when they themselves would've defended Kobe to death had he called Barkley stupid.
Ganging up on LeBron? I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings but next time try to come up with a better line than that, for your sake :oldlol: I pretty much cursed Kobe out all of last summer when he was talking about leaving us, just in case you were wondering. I can actually admit that my favorite player made a mistake and call him out for it. For groupies like yourself, LeBron is god and can do no wrong. Besides, I see a lot of posts from other fans who seem to think LeBron's comment was out of line. So again you look like the fool here, not me.

step_back
11-29-2008, 04:48 PM
their both in the wrong, Charles is outspoken and lebron should have handled it better. Both loose respect in my book.

lefthook00
11-29-2008, 06:23 PM
Lebron wouldn't say sh*t to Barkley if he was still in the league. Barkley would make Lebron his son.

tb.husker
11-29-2008, 07:44 PM

I really doubt that's the case. I don't think any NBA player should be insulting former NBA greats. The great players of yesterday paved the path for players today. They should be thanking them.

J_Rock3ts
11-29-2008, 08:20 PM
People need to realize the only reason LeBron is bringing it up in the first place is the media itself. As soon as the 2 NY trades went down, ESPN went on a roll talking about how the Knicks were clearing up space for 2010. Of course the media is going to want LeBron's opinion about it. And they'll ask about it. Again. And again. And again. It's what they do....it's their job to do so. I VERY HIGHLY doubt that LeBron walked into a press conference and wanted to talk about the Knicks trades. I'm not a LeBron supporter or denouncer. But maybe it's the media that needs to "shut the hell up," and stop bringing it up to James.

LeBron hasn't said a word that hasn't been asked for. He's not trying to send messages about his free agent status...he's trying to be the consumate professional and give reporters their quotes to run off and distort. I think all LeBron needs to do is just state "next question" every time the media brings it up.

ihatetimthomas
11-29-2008, 08:33 PM
Im with Barkley on this one. Lebron just needs to not say anything about his free agency in 2010. It can only cause distractions and for christ sakes its 2 years from now. I wish Lebron would just say nothing at all concerning the free agency. All I want to hear from him is about this Cavs team he is playing for. Nothing more. Its not fair to his squad and its not fair to the team.

Im not a fan of superstars being so vocal about things that can only become a distraction. Kobe did this a year and a half ago, and I hated it. Lebron just loves the attention, theres no other reason for him to be saying all of this. And calling Barkley stupid is disrespectful. Barkley has ripped other stars in the past, but you dont hear any of them calling him stupid

Mathius
11-29-2008, 08:43 PM
Im with Barkley on this one. Lebron just needs to not say anything about his free agency in 2010. It can only cause distractions and for christ sakes its 2 years from now. I wish Lebron would just say nothing at all concerning the free agency. All I want to hear from him is about this Cavs team he is playing for. Nothing more. Its not fair to his squad and its not fair to the team.

Im not a fan of superstars being so vocal about things that can only become a distraction. Kobe did this a year and a half ago, and I hated it. Lebron just loves the attention, theres no other reason for him to be saying all of this.

You'd be wrong. The MEDIA are the ones who need to stop talking about his free agency in 2010. Lebron's not exactly walking around bringing it up on his own.

And calling Barkley stupid is disrespectful. Barkley has ripped other stars in the past, but you dont hear any of them calling him stupid

Yeah well. It's about time someone did. Barkley's an arrogant d*ckhead. He's been pulling this crap since he was a player.

Mathius

Indian guy
11-29-2008, 09:33 PM
What's amusing is that you're still pretending to be a Bulls fan

:oldlol:. I've lived in Chicago and been a Bulls fan longer then you've been alive, dumbo . You've no idea how clueless you sound questioning me being a Bulls fan. Kindly STFU.

Anyway, you know what I find most amusing? How LeBron scares the living **** out of you. Your fear of him passing Kobe runs so deep that your(and other groupies') entire forum life revolves around trying to tear him down. Every basketball board I visit I see Kobe fanboys trying to latch on to something that neutralizes LeBron as a threat to Kobe. Even pouncing on something they would've defended Kobe to death for. Hilarious what LeBron has reduced you low lives to.

FlashDwyaneWade3
11-29-2008, 09:36 PM
Why did LeBron have to open his mouth? He's really not the one who's stupid is he?

Chrono90
11-29-2008, 09:44 PM
LeBronis NOT a person. He's been a corporation since high school.

yup. his answers to the media has been too corporate. Trying to say the right thing instead of how he really feels everytime. that's why i never really liked him.

Sir Charles
11-29-2008, 11:40 PM
I am talking about NBA Awards and accomplishments, not some made-up number for stat geeks. But I'm pretty sure that if you applied PER to LBJ's 28/7/6 of this season or 30/7/7 of last season he'd look great by that standard as well.

Barkley is a

Top 10 EFF Player of All Time (Both)
Top 9 PER of All Time (Season)
Top 7 PER of All Time (Play-Offs)

That is in 16 year career and playing in a way more competitive era than Lebron has played in. :confusedshrug:

I don't care what his height was. A player's size is not a valid argument for or against how great of a player they are/were. Sure, it makes it more amazing that Barkley rebounded the way that he did, but does it make him a better rebounder? Of course not.

Larry Bird played SF and was a Better Rebounder thana Lebron. Yes he was like 6`9 1/2 but his boxing out skills, timing and B-Ball IQ was superior. Barkley at 6`4 5/8 was way Stronger and B-Ball IQed than Lebron in regards of Playing Inside. Ofcourse he is a Better Rebounder if he constantly Rebounder over PFs-Cs that where 6`9 to 7`0 and averaged 11.7 and 12.9 RPG that makes him a Better Rebounder. He also lead the league in Rebounding (Shortest Man to do so anyhow) and 3 Times in Offensive Rebounding. Play-Offs also.

James takes more shots, yes. And he also scores more points. 30 ppg last year (a figure Barkley maybe could have reached, but never actually did) and 27 in the early part of this season, a number that is going to increase. And yes, James has only had five complete seasons, yet has already lead his team to the Finals once, Conference Finals twice, four-times All-NBA, twice All-NBA first team, and oh yeah, he also has a scoring title.

There is no excluse for taking so many shots and not shooting 50% especially if you are a 6`7 250 lbs or more and have one of the Best Driving Games Ever and still have not learned to have a Post Up Game Offensively. That clearly shows Lebron`s not ideal shot selection even though he is a Good Scorer, Good Rebounder, Great Dribbler, Great Creator and Great Passer. His mis range must improve and so should his shot selection. Lebron has never ever in his whole career shot 50%. For Barkley, to go below 50% was below his average and regarding his position inside as a PF in the 2-Point Field...to shoot below 55-58% was a bad day for him or only happened when he was passed his physical prime (passed his 20s).

Do steals per game mean that AI is a great defender? Barkley himself once said that he hoped Bird never retired, because that way he would only be the second-worst defender in the NBA.

Larry Bird was a Great Team Defender and Had the Greatest Anticipation Ever. This was Barkley`s way to comeback at the media that kept going against him do to his incidents in college where he eas cutt being the best more impacting player in 84. His defense has been kept getting underrated just because he was lazy at times and overweight 1st years. Larry Bird had it even easier than Barkley playing along side DJ, Paris and McHale and was still not crtitized as much has Charles...whom by 86 had to do everything for his team.

Do Blocks Per Game Mean that some is a Great Defender? = Those Blocks might be a result of Bad Shot Selection or Some Other Better Defender Teamate of You Forcing a Bad Shot on the Opposer :rolleyes: :confusedshrug: .

Like Hakeem has the Greatest Floor Defense Ever for a Center...Barkely has one of the Best Floor and Team Defense for the Powerforward Spot Ever. Barkley has the Highest SPG Avg for the PF Spot of All TIme and was the Greatest Steal anticipator for the PF Spot of All Time. Does Lebron have the Highest SPG Avg for the SF Spot or Highest BPG Avg for the SF spot? :no:

So all of a suddenn, position is important, because we're talking about passing, but didn't matter when you brought up rebounding? Fact of the matter is that small forwards don't normally average anything close to 6 assists per game, and yet James has a career average of 6.6 and last season got 7.

Lebron is a Good Rebounder but there have been many SFs that have averaged over that. Larry Bird averaged 10 RPG for his Career. Yes he was 6`9 1/2 ft but he could hardly leap was not the strongest but he also had one of the best boxing out skills ever. Dr.J whom was some 6`6 1/2 ft avaraged 8.5 RPG using his incredible Leap and Winspam and so did Elgin Baylor at 6`5 (with similar caracteristics to Dr. J for his time). Dennis Rodman capable of playing the SF/PF Spot at 6`6 3/4 also averaged more rebounds than Lebron.

For Lebron`s height-potence-leap-weight and strength 6 or 7 RPG is not surprising at All...sorry

100% pure assumption that can't and won't be proven either way, though I'm pretty sure that in the 8 years since Barkley's retired the league can't have changed all that much.

JdubStylee
11-30-2008, 07:35 PM
And Sir Charles himself kills this thread.

AItheAnswer3
11-30-2008, 07:42 PM
Sir Charles has taken over

"You kids never got to see a Prime Barkley play. Barkley from 1985 to 1996 was the best PF in the league and the 3rd best player after Jordan and Olajuwon. Only player other than Jordan to be top 10 in PER and EFF. :bowdown: :rockon: :confusedshrug: :pimp:

Lebron James23
11-30-2008, 08:28 PM
Charles is just mad Lebron is already better thean Barkley ever was. :roll:

ramoer
11-30-2008, 09:26 PM
Lebron ought to keep in mind that he has a high school level education, and let his agent do the talking for him.

power works
11-30-2008, 09:35 PM
LBJ didn't exactly put a stop to all of the hype surrounding his possible Knick signing. In fact, it looks like he's really enjoying all of the extra attention.

Cavs are ****ed. He's gone.

power works
11-30-2008, 09:37 PM
Lebron ought to keep in mind that he has a high school level education, and let his agent do the talking for him.

I think his agents are 3 close friends from high school.

Cavs are really ****ed.

RedBlackAttack
11-30-2008, 09:40 PM
People need to realize the only reason LeBron is bringing it up in the first place is the media itself. As soon as the 2 NY trades went down, ESPN went on a roll talking about how the Knicks were clearing up space for 2010. Of course the media is going to want LeBron's opinion about it. And they'll ask about it. Again. And again. And again. It's what they do....it's their job to do so. I VERY HIGHLY doubt that LeBron walked into a press conference and wanted to talk about the Knicks trades. I'm not a LeBron supporter or denouncer. But maybe it's the media that needs to "shut the hell up," and stop bringing it up to James.

LeBron hasn't said a word that hasn't been asked for. He's not trying to send messages about his free agent status...he's trying to be the consumate professional and give reporters their quotes to run off and distort. I think all LeBron needs to do is just state "next question" every time the media brings it up.

He could easily quell all of the chatter by saying something to the effect of...

"I don't want to talk about something that is so far off... My only focus is bringing a championship to Cleveland. Anything past that is pure speculation."

That is really ALL he has to say... Not this cryptic non-sense about him being 'happy' that New York thinks it has a shot to get him and droning on and on about how great it is to play at MSG. He is clearly intentionally stoking the fire and it really is a slap in the face to fans in a city that adores him and a franchise that has done everything in an attempt to win a championship.

If this were a superstar on a team that continually misses the playoffs, switches coaches every year, plays in front of a half-empty arena, and management that refuses to spend money to bring in the help that is needed, I could understand a player mulling over this kind of situation in front of the media. Even then, I still think discussing something that is two years away is insane, especially considering how quickly dynamics change in the NBA. None of us really know where either the Cavs or the Knicks will be in two years and what situations may arise between now and then. But, if the Cavs and LeBron were facing the kind of problems that I listed above, I could sort of see this kind of thing being a valid discussion for a player.

But, these are not the circumstances that surround LeBron in Cleveland. The Cavs have one of the highest attendance numbers, both at home and on the road. They have been one of the best teams in the conference for years, going to the Finals two years ago and taking the eventual champs to the brink of elimination last season. The franchise has become one of the highest spenders in the league and money is no object when it comes to providing a supporting cast for LeBron. The Cavs have started the season red-hot and are one of the early season favorites to win the championship (according to Vegas).

LeBron should be content with where he is right now and not even be thinking about a possible move TWO YEARS AWAY. It is just entirely unnecessary and a slap in the face to everyone involved in Cleveland.

Sure... the media (especially in New York) are pushing this issue and making it front page stuff. They are clearly bored and desperate. If the Knicks had an organization that was worthy of discussion (in terms of actual basketball), this would not even be a story. Because they are so absolutely pathetic, their sportswriters must find SOMETHING to fill their weekly column and it sure as hell isn't going to be about the best player on their team, David Lee.

Hopefully, this situation with Marbury will take some of these vultures' attention away from LeBron for a minute or two and we can go a couple of weeks without having to hear about this nonsense, but I doubt it.

That said, LeBron's cryptic responses to questions regarding 2010 have absolutely fueled the fire and it almost seems as though it is intentional on his part. As I stated earlier in this thread, LeBron seems like a pretty mature person when it comes to some things. However, at times, it is revealed that he still has some growing up to do. He seems to love the attention and it is really unbecoming. He and his management have handled this situation horribly and, although he brushed off Chuck's comments, I hope that he does think about what Barkley said.

Otherwise, he may end up alienating Cavalier fans for no good reason. They have been absolutely, 100-percent loyal to him and the favor should be returned in kind. The same goes for the Cavalier organization... they deserve better for the way that they've pushed all of their chips onto the center of the table in an attempt to build a real championship team in Cleveland.

That is my two cents.

Mdog1
11-30-2008, 09:45 PM
It is a great marketing ploy for LeBron.

Mathius
12-01-2008, 12:54 AM
He could easily quell all of the chatter by saying something to the effect of...

"I don't want to talk about something that is so far off... My only focus is bringing a championship to Cleveland. Anything past that is pure speculation."

That is really ALL he has to say... Not this cryptic non-sense about him being 'happy' that New York thinks it has a shot to get him and droning on and on about how great it is to play at MSG. He is clearly intentionally stoking the fire and it really is a slap in the face to fans in a city that adores him and a franchise that has done everything in an attempt to win a championship.

If this were a superstar on a team that continually misses the playoffs, switches coaches every year, plays in front of a half-empty arena, and management that refuses to spend money to bring in the help that is needed, I could understand a player mulling over this kind of situation in front of the media. Even then, I still think discussing something that is two years away is insane, especially considering how quickly dynamics change in the NBA. None of us really know where either the Cavs or the Knicks will be in two years and what situations may arise between now and then. But, if the Cavs and LeBron were facing the kind of problems that I listed above, I could sort of see this kind of thing being a valid discussion for a player.

But, these are not the circumstances that surround LeBron in Cleveland. The Cavs have one of the highest attendance numbers, both at home and on the road. They have been one of the best teams in the conference for years, going to the Finals two years ago and taking the eventual champs to the brink of elimination last season. The franchise has become one of the highest spenders in the league and money is no object when it comes to providing a supporting cast for LeBron. The Cavs have started the season red-hot and are one of the early season favorites to win the championship (according to Vegas).

LeBron should be content with where he is right now and not even be thinking about a possible move TWO YEARS AWAY. It is just entirely unnecessary and a slap in the face to everyone involved in Cleveland.

Sure... the media (especially in New York) are pushing this issue and making it front page stuff. They are clearly bored and desperate. If the Knicks had an organization that was worthy of discussion (in terms of actual basketball), this would not even be a story. Because they are so absolutely pathetic, their sportswriters must find SOMETHING to fill their weekly column and it sure as hell isn't going to be about the best player on their team, David Lee.

Hopefully, this situation with Marbury will take some of these vultures' attention away from LeBron for a minute or two and we can go a couple of weeks without having to hear about this nonsense, but I doubt it.

That said, LeBron's cryptic responses to questions regarding 2010 have absolutely fueled the fire and it almost seems as though it is intentional on his part. As I stated earlier in this thread, LeBron seems like a pretty mature person when it comes to some things. However, at times, it is revealed that he still has some growing up to do. He seems to love the attention and it is really unbecoming. He and his management have handled this situation horribly and, although he brushed off Chuck's comments, I hope that he does think about what Barkley said.

Otherwise, he may end up alienating Cavalier fans for no good reason. They have been absolutely, 100-percent loyal to him and the favor should be returned in kind. The same goes for the Cavalier organization... they deserve better for the way that they've pushed all of their chips onto the center of the table in an attempt to build a real championship team in Cleveland.

That is my two cents.

Nice rant and all, but the bottom line is, he just enjoys the attention, and there isn't anything wrong with that, IMO. He clearly works hard for his success. Dude has 5% body fat, and is one of the first people to practice, and one of the last to leave. He takes an hour before every game to talk to the media, and he hardly ever takes the summer off.

He's been amusing himself with this stuff since before he joined the league. (he didn't choose a contract with Adidas, Reebok, etc. until the last minute, and didn't he wear Nike's to the Adidas camp, or vice versus?) He's always been seen smoozing with the celebrities in Madison Square Garden since he entered the league.

If you're gonna let stuff like this miff you, you're in for a long two years. I get way more irritated by the media bringing it up and the fans here, insisting they know what he's going to do, way more than the little jabs he puts in now and then.

Kid grew up pretty without a Dad (or at least a dead beat one) and only had his mom to raise him. Then comes out straight out of high school and has to make huge decisions and deal with all kinds of pressure. I think he's done pretty damn well for himself and deserves whatever he gets at this point.

Mathius

Jalen5
12-01-2008, 01:04 AM
I think a lot of things barkley said been right. If you have any respect for ur own team/organization, you should be acting like barry bonds when someone ask you where u going to go when 2010 comes.

On Lebron's side, he does what he's gotta do for him and his family; yes. Its no big secret. I blame the media.

RedBlackAttack
12-01-2008, 01:22 AM
Nice rant and all, but the bottom line is, he just enjoys the attention, and there isn't anything wrong with that, IMO. He clearly works hard for his success. Dude has 5% body fat, and is one of the first people to practice, and one of the last to leave. He takes an hour before every game to talk to the media, and he hardly ever takes the summer off.

He's been amusing himself with this stuff since before he joined the league. (he didn't choose a contract with Adidas, Reebok, etc. until the last minute, and didn't he wear Nike's to the Adidas camp, or vice versus?) He's always been seen smoozing with the celebrities in Madison Square Garden since he entered the league.

If you're gonna let stuff like this miff you, you're in for a long two years. I get way more irritated by the media bringing it up and the fans here, insisting they know what he's going to do, way more than the little jabs he puts in now and then.

Kid grew up pretty without a Dad (or at least a dead beat one) and only had his mom to raise him. Then comes out straight out of high school and has to make huge decisions and deal with all kinds of pressure. I think he's done pretty damn well for himself and deserves whatever he gets at this point.

Mathius
There is nothing wrong with enjoying attention and wanting to be in the lime light. LeBron deserves all of the accolades and media attention that he gets. You certainly won't get an argument from me on that one.

I just don't particularly like the way he is handling this situation. I have worked pretty hard for the things that I have in my life, too. I'm sure my employer would be none too happy if I let it be known, publicly, that I might leave when my contract is up. Now... no one can predict the future and I may get a better offer from someone else, but that is something that I will deal with if and when the time comes.

Speculating about leaving would likely translate as me not being happy with my current position. Obviously, LeBron wields a lot more power at his job than I do at mine, but I think that a certain amount of respect is due to your employer, regardless of position.

I don't let LeBron's cryptic speculation 'bother me'... I just don't think it is the correct way to approach this situation.

As for his childhood... His mom actually gave him up when he was in grade school. He was taken care of by a family that lived outside of the bad area in Akron that he was born into. I believe she came back into his life during his teen years, after taking care of some drug problems that she was having.

Sure... he has pressure on him, but it sort of feels like he is adding to that pressure and making the media spotlight more intense by baiting the media on this matter. If it is a matter of him toying with the media and just having fun, so be it... But, he should probably know that, in the long run, that might be a mistake. They will turn on you in a second. I should know...

Mathius
12-01-2008, 01:40 AM
There is nothing wrong with enjoying attention and wanting to be in the lime light. LeBron deserves all of the accolades and media attention that he gets. You certainly won't get an argument from me on that one.

I just don't particularly like the way he is handling this situation. I have worked pretty hard for the things that I have in my life, too. I'm sure my employer would be none too happy if I let it be known, publicly, that I might leave when my contract is up. Now... no one can predict the future and I may get a better offer from someone else, but that is something that I will deal with if and when the time comes.

Speculating about leaving would likely translate as me not being happy with my current position. Obviously, LeBron wields a lot more power at his job than I do at mine, but I think that a certain amount of respect is due to your employer, regardless of position.

But then you don't have 22 other companies begging you to come do whatever you do for them when your current contract is up.

You guys keep missing the point that Lebron's not exactly running around talking about this crap. The media keeps bringing it up with every little thing that happens from just walking around with Wade and Bosch in China, to some stupid trades the Knicks made.

I don't let LeBron's cryptic speculation 'bother me'... I just don't think it is the correct way to approach this situation.

As for his childhood... His mom actually gave him up when he was in grade school. He was taken care of by a family that lived outside of the bad area in Akron that he was born into. I believe she came back into his life during his teen years, after taking care of some drug problems that she was having.

That makes me have all the more respect for him. On one hand, sure, you know your mom is saying she's trying to make a better life for you, but on the other hand, she's separated from you, and as a young kid, you don't always understand that what's best for you might not be what you want.

Sure... he has pressure on him, but it sort of feels like he is adding to that pressure and making the media spotlight more intense by baiting the media on this matter. If it is a matter of him toying with the media and just having fun, so be it... But, he should probably know that, in the long run, that might be a mistake. They will turn on you in a second. I should know...

<shrug> They already do. He's trying to handle the situation as neutrally as possible, and still be able to have fun and enjoy what he's doing. It's not an easy balance by any means.

Jordan was never perfect from his gambling habits and his criticism of teammates to his decision to drop everything and play baseball, but his legacy is untouchable.

Barkley was 100X worse than Jordan or Lebron, but there are kids in this thread today defending him. Barkley incited a whole media, AND parental outrage with his "I am not a role model" campaign with Nike. His on the court behavior wasn't exactly saintly either, and he had just as big a gambling problem as Jordan from what's coming out now.

Mathius