PDA

View Full Version : When was the last time 10 white guys were all on court together?

20 Dimes A Game
11-30-2008, 07:43 AM
I've just been watching some old Larry Bird tapes again (man he was sick) and it's got me thinking about white NBA players and the whole idea that basketball is a 'black mans game'.

Anyway, when was the last time there were 10 white players on court in an NBA game?

I know that back in the 80's the Celtics often had 5 white players on the floor. Why doesn't it happen nowadays? Will it happen again?

What do you guys think?

Nevaeh
11-30-2008, 07:58 AM
Most White guys play a "Fundamentally Sound" game, which is a nice way of saying "boring as hell". Sure, you have your occasional anamolies like J-will, but of course the league reigned him in from that And-1 style, for whatever reason.

It's like the league doesn't want white guys with too much flavor for whatever reason. Probably because the black fans would accuse them of "acting black", so they play it safe with the usual stereotypes of "the black man dunks, the white man shoots" to keep everybody happy.

If we do see 10 white guys on the court together, thet BETTER be playing like Chevy Chase in that Fletch movie to hold anyone's interest.

KeylessEntry
11-30-2008, 08:08 AM
Last year when Utah and the Lakers bench were playing.

jrong
11-30-2008, 08:28 AM
Olympic volleyball.

Showtime
11-30-2008, 08:39 AM
I actually thought about race when watching the Kings, as they were one of the few modern elite teams with a lot of non-black players.

Bibby, Christie, Peja, and Vlade

The Mavs with Dirk, Nash, KVH, Raef, and Bradley.

I think that was the last time you could see a mostly white competition was when they played each other.

3stat2
11-30-2008, 08:44 AM
Slightly unrelated - when that Chinese league team played an exhibition game against the Magic in preseason last year, for one stretch they had more black players on the court than Orlando.

gigantes
11-30-2008, 08:54 AM
interesting topic. repped.

Most White guys play a "Fundamentally Sound" game, which is a nice way of saying "boring as hell". Sure, you have your occasional anamolies like J-will, but of course the league reigned him in from that And-1 style, for whatever reason.

It's like the league doesn't want white guys with too much flavor for whatever reason. Probably because the black fans would accuse them of "acting black", so they play it safe with the usual stereotypes of "the black man dunks, the white man shoots" to keep everybody happy.

If we do see 10 white guys on the court together, thet BETTER be playing like Chevy Chase in that Fletch movie to hold anyone's interest.
to correct the number of misconceptions and faulty assumptions in this post i would have to write a thesis- no thanks.

Slightly unrelated - when that Chinese league team played an exhibition game against the Magic in preseason last year, for one stretch they had more black players on the court than Orlando.
wow, for some reason i didn't realise that the chinese paid so many foreigners to play. surprises me, since chinese is not an easy language to learn.

The Mavs with Dirk, Nash, KVH, Raef, and Bradley.

of course they would never have been on the floor at the same time. four out of those five had overlap at the big man positions.

i'm guessing you'd have to go back to the 60's to find 10 white players on the floor at the same time.

bigkingsfan
11-30-2008, 09:12 AM
A couple years ago when the Jazz had their scrimmage.

embersyc
11-30-2008, 09:54 AM
I'm guessing during the last Jazz/Pacers game.

:confusedshrug:

lilmarcgasol
11-30-2008, 10:03 AM
Last years Lakers Jazz comes to mind

One stretch Jazz had out AK47, Okur, Korver, Harpring all at the same time. Lakers had out Walton, Vujacic, Farmar (Half black/half Jewish), Radmonovic, Gasol (5 WHITIES AT ONCE) against that lineup. Battle of the whities.

Joshumitsu
11-30-2008, 10:06 AM
I actually thought about race when watching the Kings, as they were one of the few modern elite teams with a lot of non-black players.

Bibby, Christie

Actually I believe both Bibby and Doug are half black.

shawbryant
11-30-2008, 10:25 AM
Obama would like to see all guys on court are black.

gigantes
11-30-2008, 10:35 AM
no, half-white, half-black... just like he is.

L.Kizzle
11-30-2008, 11:33 AM
The 1955 Finals, Paul Arizin and his Philadelphia Warriors -vs- Dolph Schayes and the Rochester Royals.

hoopaddict08
11-30-2008, 12:19 PM
I'm sure after Boston won the title, and everyone crowded onto the court, you could at least find ten white guys.

stephanieg
11-30-2008, 12:31 PM
Last year when Utah and the Lakers bench were playing.

I'm not sure if it was 10 white guys but it was really close, maybe 8 or 9 in the game I remember.

Farmar
Sasha
Luke
Vlad Rad
Mihm

Korver
Harpring
AK47
Okur

JJ81
11-30-2008, 12:57 PM
Lakers have Farmar, Vujacic, Mihm, Walton, Radmanovic and Gasol

Mdog1
11-30-2008, 01:00 PM
Lakers have Farmar, Vujacic, Mihm, Walton, Radmanovic and Gasol
Don't forget Kobe...... wait that's just his taste in rape victims.

MMM
11-30-2008, 01:42 PM
I think Indiana had games last year where they had 5 guys in the starting lineup.

WADE MONEY
11-30-2008, 01:49 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

gleden
11-30-2008, 01:59 PM
You guys are forgetting the Raptors last season. They had Delfino,Calderon,Kapono,Bargnani,Nesterovic,Brezec ,and Garbajosa (even though he didnt play)

Allstar24
11-30-2008, 02:02 PM
That joke was funny 4 years ago.

Mdog1
11-30-2008, 02:09 PM
That joke was funny 4 years ago.
I don't care if a Kobe homer didn't find it funny. It was damn hilarious to us on camp normal.

AllenIverson3
11-30-2008, 02:21 PM
I've just been watching some old Larry Bird tapes again (man he was sick) and it's got me thinking about white NBA players and the whole idea that basketball is a 'black mans game'.

Anyway, when was the last time there were 10 white players on court in an NBA game?

I know that back in the 80's the Celtics often had 5 white players on the floor. Why doesn't it happen nowadays? Will it happen again?

What do you guys think?

wut kinda racist ****ing question is this?

phazed out
11-30-2008, 02:35 PM
in the 50's no even the 40's

JayGuevara
11-30-2008, 03:08 PM
Pacers had

Travis Diener
Mike Dunleavy
Troy Murphy
Jeff Foster

on the floor for some stretches last year also. So the Lakers, Jazz, and Pacers have the potential to make for a whiteout game? If only the Pacers would trade Danny Granger for Brian Scalabrine then they could have the ultimate whiteout.

Shepseskaf
11-30-2008, 03:11 PM
This is damn good question. I tried some quick research and came up with squat. I'm sure you'd have to go back at least 4 decades (or beyond) to find a game where 10 while players got an extensive amount of burn, not just playing in garbage time.

bdreason
11-30-2008, 04:06 PM
Well, Lakers are considered a top 2 team in the league and they have lots of white guys.

The only team I could see playing all white guys is Utah. They always seem to employ lots of white players, for various reasons I'm sure.

catzhernandez
11-30-2008, 04:15 PM
I think Indiana had games last year where they had 5 guys in the starting lineup.
Not in the starting lineup. :no:

Danny Granger.

NOHCP3
11-30-2008, 04:17 PM
White as in American born caucasians ? Gotta be years

Plenty of foriegn guys in the NBA. Hate to be playing the "politically correct card" here but I cant say when teams would want an all foreign, white, black, or any ethnic team. Its just about putting the best players out there..

Provocative question though.

SHEED_ gangsta
11-30-2008, 04:20 PM
last season Toronto had an all white line up on when they were blowing out the Bulls

Rasho
Jose
Delfino
Humpries
Kapono

somthing like that

The Nets
11-30-2008, 04:52 PM

Obama is not completely a black person...

JEFFERSON MONEY
11-30-2008, 04:58 PM
last season Toronto had an all white line up on when they were blowing out the Bulls

Rasho
Jose
Delfino
Humpries
Kapono

somthing like that

Delfino and Calderon prob have some Taino ancestory in them (Correct me If I'm wrong.)

I'd think Jazz-Lakaz too

Kings_Alex
11-30-2008, 05:01 PM

the toning down of and 1 style street ball moves are not from the league, the coaches are the ones most likely telling their players to limit their freestyling. i'm sure all coaches do not want a player who utilizes his street skills on the nba court.

Akrazotile
04-10-2015, 12:18 AM

:biggums:

#tbt

plowking
04-10-2015, 12:51 AM
Coincides almost perfectly with the last time masonanddixon blew his load.