PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Garnett Admits To Cheating: The KG-Hate thread. Put it in here, please.

KingLeBronJames
12-31-2008, 02:43 AM
"NBA 2K9 features a new defensive skill where you can actually grab the jersey of your opponent to try and slow them down as they cut to the hoop. Would KG ever do something like that? "I do even better," he laughs then breaks down the tricks of his trade. "My tricks are all advanced. A lot of people don't have the arm length, strength, or quickness to pull my tricks off. One of the dirtiest but coldest tricks, I forearm the guy in the chest, rip the ball, then keep going with it. It's a foul, but it's a very, very technical and advanced move to pull off without getting the foul called. Other tricks are stepping on the guy's feet, holding his hand, then knowing when to let go at the right time so it's not a foul."

http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/news/story?id=3591949

KG is dumb to talk about it.

shadow
12-31-2008, 02:48 AM
doesn't matter that he talks about it. Ref's don't call that **** anyway when it comes to Boston. It's not like they don't know about it. Everyone knows.

Myth
12-31-2008, 02:49 AM
KG = Douche

FlashDwyaneWade3
12-31-2008, 02:50 AM
The league should take his comments seriously and look into it.

ronnymac
12-31-2008, 02:52 AM
Dude even at the league i play in this kind of stuff happens. cheating in basketball or infact any sport is the norm these days.

White Chocolate
12-31-2008, 02:52 AM
He became so arrogant after winning his ring. I've lost all respect for him now. I'm even thinking about cheering for LeBron and the Cavs over Boston from now on.

stephanieg
12-31-2008, 03:11 AM
I hope he wore a condom.

reppy
12-31-2008, 03:40 AM
He'd work well in Jerry Sloan's system.

White Chocolate
12-31-2008, 03:44 AM
He'd work well in Jerry Sloan's system.

Garnett brings tenacious defense and the will to win. That works in any system with any coach.

BlazersDozen
12-31-2008, 03:51 AM
Elton Brand and other power forwards always step on guys feet when they make their moves in the post. That's not a foul at all.

Honestly, if I was in the league and a step slower than my opposition then I'd do some things like that thing people used to do in high school when they would walk right behind somebody then kick their back leg into the back of their front leg to trip them up a little bit. It's not enough for them to fall or for a ref to notice it as a trip, it just looks like somebody slipped on a wet spot.

You can't hate on KG for this because everybody in the league does it. Shaq is the one who does the stepping on the foot thing the most, I've never seen anybody holding hands though.

White Chocolate
12-31-2008, 03:54 AM
You can't hate on KG for this because everybody in the league does it.

True, but KG is the only one arrogant enough to admit it and to find it funny.

Cosmonaut
12-31-2008, 03:57 AM
stepping on a players foot. awesome way to up your chances of rolling an ankle, karma will bite KG one of these days

Jordandunk23
12-31-2008, 03:57 AM
players know about this, in turn the league and refs know about. its not a secret. the common folk know it, you think the refs and the league doesnt know it? sure they do. although KG maybe more advanced with the tricks, the refs will let alot of those little things go.

White Chocolate
12-31-2008, 04:00 AM
stepping on a players foot. awesome way to up your chances of rolling an ankle, karma will bite KG one of these days

If this was 15 years ago, an elbow from Karl Malone would be waiting for KG.

RoseCity07
12-31-2008, 07:42 AM
Garnett is just nasty. That's why the Celtics dominate. Look at the Bulls who had Rodman. Look at the Lakers who had Shaq. The Pistons had Sheed, and before that some pretty nasty guys.

These guys get in your face and annoy you. Back in the day if KG was hitting his chest, a guy like Maurice Lucas would punch him in the face. $50.00 fine and Garnett never does that again. Today it's a little bit harder to get that same message across. Today that would be a flagrant foul and a 50 game suspension.

Mikaiel
12-31-2008, 07:50 AM
So what ? A lot of players have dirty tricks. It's really nothing new. I'm sure a lot of guys here who play basketball regularly have their own tricks. Well I know I do and I've seen a bunch of other players do the same.

But because it's KG we're supposed to be hating ? :confusedshrug:

The Joker
12-31-2008, 09:02 AM
Garnett himself is worse than the whole Spurs team.

JJ81
12-31-2008, 10:04 AM
Kevin Garnett ydy a ast acha d

DCL
12-31-2008, 10:13 AM
maybe some of you haven't played much competitive basketball, but all "good" defenders don't play by the rules. not rodman. not stockton. not jordan. not even hakeem. their goal is not to play clean defense and be friendly to you. their goal is to simply to stop you. if it takes a little something extra and is considered more than a questionable foul but passable, they'd go through lengths to pull it to their personal advantage.

DirtBag
12-31-2008, 10:16 AM
guys using tricks to get unfair advantages... unheard of. who cares if he talks about it, the games are televised you can see him do it. He gets superstar calls, they aren't gonna call it.

The Joker
12-31-2008, 12:07 PM
maybe some of you haven't played much competitive basketball, but all "good" defenders don't play by the rules. not rodman. not stockton. not jordan. not even hakeem. their goal is not to play clean defense and be friendly to you. their goal is to simply to stop you. if it takes a little something extra and is considered more than a questionable foul but passable, they'd go through lengths to pull it to their personal advantage.
Sarcasm?

DuMa
12-31-2008, 12:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCp8cTYjcaQ

This was a sweet move by KG. :oldlol:

The Joker
12-31-2008, 12:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCp8cTYjcaQ

This was a sweet move by KG. :oldlol:
Sometime I wonder if the refs are even watching what happens on the court. But hey, if I got payed so much I probably wouldn't care either.

dr8ked
12-31-2008, 12:17 PM
I hope he wore a condom.

:banghead: :banghead:

Rekindled
12-31-2008, 12:21 PM
is there a feature in 2k9 to let you taunt opponent point guards?

Godfather
12-31-2008, 12:23 PM
If this was 15 years ago, an elbow from Karl Malone would be waiting for KG.

I wish there was an aggressive post player to really teach him a lesson in the NBA today. Too bad a majority of young guns are all passsive and play facing the basket (Thanks David Stern).

lilmarcgasol
12-31-2008, 12:46 PM
Do you idiots realize that every team that's won the title in the past 10 years has cheated? On the Lakers, Kobe was allowed to play crazy touch D and punch Mike Bibby in the nose and Shaq was allowed to throw elbows everytime he touched the ball. On the Spurs, Bowen is allowed to go on a rampage of rape everygame and Ginobili and Duncan flop and whine to get fouls all the time. D-Wade got about 20 phantom freethrows in his finals. Detroit, well they are hard working but also a dirty team and Boston has KG teaching his entire young team how to get away with fouls, good teams cheat, nothing wrong with it, it's how it is in all sports, look at the Patriots in football and Argentina and Italy in soccer.

Big Deal
12-31-2008, 01:19 PM
KG is an idiot, wow

Da KO King
12-31-2008, 08:43 PM
Rather than complaining some of you young guys looking to make Varsity at your high school need to take notes. Not often you have a NBA guy mentions "tricks of the trade" in such an open setting.

AMISTILLILL
12-31-2008, 08:55 PM
Everyone does it to an extent. Not everyone brazenly (or arguably foolishly) discusses it in an open forum like Garnett, but that's just Garnett. To write the guy off for admitting this kind of nonsense would mean you'd have to write off any player with a overtly physical game.

I definitely don't think encouraging 'dishonest' ball in any way is commendable but these guys have probably been doing this stuff since they were playing street ball. Anything else wouldn't be real. If this kind of skillset got them to the NBA you can't expect them to change.

highwhey
12-31-2008, 10:00 PM
Garnett himself is worse than the whole Spurs team.
Not really, Garnett can actually admit his dirty moves...Spurs players play it off and pretend nothing happened. Honesty>>>concealing a lie

RainierBeachPoet
12-31-2008, 10:39 PM

its been happening in the league since day one and it was a lot worse in the past

before they had the third official, guys would grab jerseys of his man so he couldnt get down the floor faster

grabbing jerseys, stepping on guys feet a couple of well placed elbows is still standard fare

Kevin_Garnett_5
12-31-2008, 10:55 PM
This is a very old article.

trig
01-01-2009, 12:10 AM
All the "cheating" and cursing is fine with me. What annoys me is that he has turned into Mr Cheap Shot and has become very arrogant now that he has a title. I was really rooting for him to get a title b4... oh well

F.Sanford
01-01-2009, 03:59 AM
Video history of KG being KG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuxOKp7JtHo

Some of you will like it, some will hate it. :lol

The Aldridge thing did surprise me when I heard about it.

inclinerator
01-01-2009, 04:08 AM
ugh

01-01-2009, 04:24 AM
What a ***** he is. Just give him a body shot and he will be out for the season.

I bet my next paycheck KG is in a fight before Allstar break.

Kumo
01-01-2009, 04:29 AM
I bet my next paycheck KG is in a fight before Allstar break.

He's too *****y to fight, he just pisses people off then stops.

nbastatus
01-01-2009, 04:44 AM
I still like KG, but sometimes hes a dumb ass.

FinishHim!
01-01-2009, 04:57 AM
The funny thing is, none of those were fights.. The closest thing to a fight was that forearm Peeler gave him to the chin where he started hopping up and down like a boxer or something.

Pistons
01-01-2009, 05:20 AM
LMFAO! :oldlol:

This made me laugh, nice way to start the new year. :oldlol:

west
01-01-2009, 05:32 AM
oh my,do we really need at least 3 thread about KG everyday??it's getting really old now:rolleyes:

FinishHim!
01-01-2009, 05:34 AM
oh my,do we really need at least 3 thread about KG everyday??it's getting really old now:rolleyes:
Does KG need to act like a dumbass everyday? That's getting old as well. :ohwell:

west
01-01-2009, 05:36 AM
Does KG need to act like a dumbass everyday? That's getting old as well. :ohwell:
it's not like he just started being a *******,he is been like that for his entire career,get over it

biisak
01-01-2009, 05:53 AM
He

Gevz2kX
01-01-2009, 05:56 AM
ahh yes let's ring in the new year with another Garnett thread

can't believe you guys are still whining about it

dnyk1337
01-01-2009, 06:15 AM
[QUOTE=biisak]He

biisak
01-01-2009, 06:30 AM
:lol Good analogy.:applause:

Thank you. I started to be bothered by Paul in last years playoffs and last game vs the spurs he had some really unnecessary incidents (Duncan at one point pull him back and was like "wtf?").

Then again, I was a real ******* when I was playing :D

SilentObserver
01-01-2009, 08:55 AM
Well done:applause:

pethuel03
01-01-2009, 09:08 AM
garnett is gayer than amaechi

Shep
01-01-2009, 09:29 AM
yes, kevin garnett was supposed to fight back when peeler punched him...dumb ****s. the best player in the world was supposed to fight back against some scrub in the western conference semi finals, and get suspended for the series? man up kg! :rolleyes:

pethuel03
01-01-2009, 09:45 AM
yes, kevin garnett was supposed to fight back when peeler punched him...dumb ****s. the best player in the world was supposed to fight back against some scrub in the western conference semi finals, and get suspended for the series? man up kg! :rolleyes:

yeah and the best player in the world according to you was supposed to bark and act like a dog to a rookie :rolleyes:

Shep
01-01-2009, 09:52 AM
yeah and the best player in the world according to you was supposed to bark and act like a dog to a rookie :rolleyes:
what? when did i say he was the best player in the world today? and i don't give a **** what else cheap shots he's done, that peeler game should not be in that video for reasons already outlined.

dnyk1337
01-01-2009, 09:54 AM

He's usually on David Robinson's dick.

Mathius
01-01-2009, 09:57 AM
Rather than complaining some of you young guys looking to make Varsity at your high school need to take notes. Not often you have a NBA guy mentions "tricks of the trade" in such an open setting.

Nobody else is bothered by these statements? I realize this sh*t happens everyday. It's been happening since James Naismith put that peach bucket up. Or probably before that when the Aztecs used to use that sideways hoop and a stone.

But I can't help but get annoyed that someone would actually encourage this, or teach it to young players.

Call me naive, but I'd like to think that the majority of the league doesn't have to stoop to this.

I know when I was a player if anyone had done any of these things to me, consistently enough that I knew they were dirty, I'd be retaliating, if not laying them out.

its been happening in the league since day one and it was a lot worse in the past

before they had the third official, guys would grab jerseys of his man so he couldnt get down the floor faster

grabbing jerseys, stepping on guys feet a couple of well placed elbows is still standard fare

<shrug> I don't think anyone's shocked by it, just pissed that KG suddenly has the arrogance that he does this season that he'd actually talk about these things in an interview and infer that they're positive things to his game.

Mathius

Shep
01-01-2009, 09:57 AM
He's usually on David Robinson's dick.
haha now you appear to be on mine. i thought you never read any of my posts before? :oldlol: you're losing son, time you quit before you get too deep.

gpfanz
01-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Even boy scout John Stockton cheated so.. :eek:

dnyk1337
01-01-2009, 10:07 AM
haha now you appear to be on mine. i thought you never read any of my posts before? :oldlol: you're losing son, time you quit before you get too deep.

It just struck me that I have read your sh!t before when you were defending your sexual tastes to VC. Akeem>>DR.

Shep
01-01-2009, 10:12 AM
It just struck me that I have read your sh!t before when you were defending your sexual tastes to VC. Akeem>>DR.
why do you keep bringing up gays into conversation? closet pillow biter perhaps? and although it is close between the two players robinson is slightly superior.

Da KO King
01-01-2009, 10:18 AM
Nobody else is bothered by these statements? I realize this sh*t happens everyday. It's been happening since James Naismith put that peach bucket up. Or probably before that when the Aztecs used to use that sideways hoop and a stone.

But I can't help but get annoyed that someone would actually encourage this, or teach it to young players.

Call me naive, but I'd like to think that the majority of the league doesn't have to stoop to this.

I know when I was a player if anyone had done any of these things to me, consistently enough that I knew they were dirty, I'd be retaliating, if not laying them out.

So you're telling me that when you were a young player you would have preferred to NOT to know what "veteran tricks" to expect at the upper levels of basketball?

Whether or not you want to use these tricks is up to the individual. However, knowing of them helps in a player's preparation.

Mikaiel
01-01-2009, 10:26 AM

That's exactly why some players do that kind of thing. You get mad and you think more about him than the game that's going on. Tranlation : He won.

Mathius
01-01-2009, 10:28 AM
So you're telling me that when you were a young player you would have preferred to NOT to know what "veteran tricks" to expect at the upper levels of basketball?

Whether or not you want to use these tricks is up to the individual. However, knowing of them helps in a player's preparation.

:rolleyes: My idea of a veteran trick is teaching some young kid the proper way to do a drop step or some kind of post move. Teaching them to work on their off hand so they can switch hands in the air.

Not teaching someone how to step on someone's toes to get an edge rebounding. :rolleyes:

Mathius

Mathius
01-01-2009, 10:30 AM
That's exactly why some players do that kind of thing. You get mad and you think more about him than the game that's going on. Tranlation : He won.

Not as long as you don't do anything that's going to get you ejected.

There's a difference between protecting my body and keeping someone honest, and taking my head out of the game.

The way I see it, giving someone a solid elbow for stepping on your toes is retaliatory, and gets in their head more than it messes with yours. You send them a clear message, that hey, I know what you're trying to do. I'm not going to put up with it. Lets play basketball.

If they're not going to be honest at that point, then they have no choice but to escalate it, and at that point, they're causing themselves more problems than me, because eventually the ref is going to catch wind of it.

Mathius

Da KO King
01-01-2009, 10:34 AM
My idea of a veteran trick is teaching some young kid the proper way to do a drop step or some kind of post move. Teaching them to work on their off hand so they can switch hands in the air.

Not teaching someone how to step on someone's toes to get an edge rebounding.
That's not a veteran trick of any sorts. That's simply teaching someone to play basketball.

Mathius
01-01-2009, 10:51 AM
That's not a veteran trick of any sorts. That's simply teaching someone to play basketball.
And what you're insinuating we teach them is not basketball at all.

You of all people should know they don't teach proper fundamentals anymore. Of course since your idea of proper teaching apparently includes things considered outside the rules, I guess I can't make that statement about you with any type of confidence anymore.

Mathius

kidachi
01-01-2009, 12:07 PM
me personally, because of his recent actions, I don't like KG AT ALL.

but this is pathetic. really.. so what? :rolleyes:

everyone does this. EVERYONE.

watch the Jordan episode of 60 minutes in youtube. he "admits cheating" there.

Cookie Monster
01-01-2009, 12:28 PM
And what you're insinuating we teach them is not basketball at all.

You of all people should know they don't teach proper fundamentals anymore. Of course since your idea of proper teaching apparently includes things considered outside the rules, I guess I can't make that statement about you with any type of confidence anymore.

Mathius

Well done on twisting someones words around. Of course you teach kids basketball, the basic fundementals. These lil' tricks of the trade if you will is stuff you pick up playing against older/more expierenced guys. It's not going to turn you into a superstar, its more to give you an edge every now and again. In all of the trainings i've ever been in and i've played up to a national level not once have we learnt any "dirty tricks" its more stuff you pick up yourself.

Mathius
01-01-2009, 01:01 PM
Well done on twisting someones words around. Of course you teach kids basketball, the basic fundementals. These lil' tricks of the trade if you will is stuff you pick up playing against older/more expierenced guys. It's not going to turn you into a superstar, its more to give you an edge every now and again. In all of the trainings i've ever been in and i've played up to a national level not once have we learnt any "dirty tricks" its more stuff you pick up yourself.

None of those things you've said make them positive things. DA King is suggesting these are good things to learn. For someone who preaches so much about fundamentals and how much he understands x's and o's, I have to believe he's done some coaching, if he isn't doing some right now. It's not too much further from point a. to point b. that if he's encouraging young people to learn this, then he's teaching it himself.

None of those things have a place on a basketball quart. They are not about basketball. Yeah, players use them. We call them cheaters. Respectable people look down on them, they don't look up to them.

Mathius

Cookie Monster
01-01-2009, 01:08 PM
None of those things you've said make them positive things. DA King is suggesting these are good things to learn. For someone who preaches so much about fundamentals and how much he understands x's and o's, I have to believe he's done some coaching, if he isn't doing some right now. It's not too much further from point a. to point b. that if he's encouraging young people to learn this, then he's teaching it himself.

None of those things have a place on a basketball quart. They are not about basketball. Yeah, players use them. We call them cheaters. Respectable people look down on them, they don't look up to them.

Mathius

Jesus sweet mary. The best players are often the most ruthless. The ones who would do anything to win, anything. The sports world is not a nice place, do you disagree with hard fouls in order to shake up your opponent? Surely that must be cheating too. Cheating to me is something like changining the score, bribery, etc. Little tricks just happen, its the SAME for any sport. EVERY player in the nba uses these i guarrente you.

Nice guys finish last I assure you. You name me one player a single player who doesn't "cheat" according to you.

Mathius
01-01-2009, 01:49 PM
Jesus sweet mary. The best players are often the most ruthless. The ones who would do anything to win, anything. The sports world is not a nice place, do you disagree with hard fouls in order to shake up your opponent? Surely that must be cheating too. Cheating to me is something like changining the score, bribery, etc. Little tricks just happen, its the SAME for any sport. EVERY player in the nba uses these i guarrente you.

Nice guys finish last I assure you. You name me one player a single player who doesn't "cheat" according to you.

I won at every level I played at without cheating. All of my coaches stressed fair play, and in even the slightest hint that something might be wrong, I would catch hell for it. I remember in a summer league tournament, I was on a fast break and a defender knocked the ball away from my right hand. I grabbed the ball as it was about to go behind me with my left hand and swung it around and made the layup. But from my coaches POV on the bench to my left, it looked to him like I put the ball around my back and made the layup. He called a timeout, screamed at me that I was a hot dog, and benched me. Those are the types of coaches I grew up playing with and respecting, and like I said, every level I played at, we won championships. I didn't try to pursue college ball, or go pro, to me those were dreams well beyond reality at the time, and I much rather wanted to hang out with my friends at the time.

Giving someone a hard foul as a retaliation for something is called fighting fire with fire. It's nowhere near the same as initiating something your own.

And don't ask me to prove to you that not every player cheats, because I am not the one making claims in this thread.

YOU prove to me that all the best players cheat, since that's YOUR claim.

Mathius

Cookie Monster
01-01-2009, 02:22 PM
I won at every level I played at without cheating. All of my coaches stressed fair play, and in even the slightest hint that something might be wrong, I would catch hell for it. I remember in a summer league tournament, I was on a fast break and a defender knocked the ball away from my right hand. I grabbed the ball as it was about to go behind me with my left hand and swung it around and made the layup. But from my coaches POV on the bench to my left, it looked to him like I put the ball around my back and made the layup. He called a timeout, screamed at me that I was a hot dog, and benched me. Those are the types of coaches I grew up playing with and respecting, and like I said, every level I played at, we won championships. I didn't try to pursue college ball, or go pro, to me those were dreams well beyond reality at the time, and I much rather wanted to hang out with my friends at the time.

Giving someone a hard foul as a retaliation for something is called fighting fire with fire. It's nowhere near the same as initiating something your own.

And don't ask me to prove to you that not every player cheats, because I am not the one making claims in this thread.

YOU prove to me that all the best players cheat, since that's YOUR claim.

Mathius

Very well:

Larry Bird: Constant trash talking, as well having numerous fights, ( if you want so i'll find the vids in which this happened)

MJ: The push on Bryon Russel speaks for itself,

Garnett: Wells that easy..

Stockton: Don't get me started

Malone: See Stockton

Kobe: The flail out with the arms when shooting jumpshots.

Furthermore nearly every defender in the leauge when his man goes for a jumpshot pushes him a lil' bit on the hip, one of the most famous tricks.

If your coached that way fair enough. I've known coaches like that, who don't tolerate trash talk at all. I respect them for that yes, but at a higher level when every guys looking for the slight advantage these lil tricks coming into their own. I personally see nothing wrong with grabbing the guy shorts as you go from fronting him to playing 3/4 quarter defense to stop him slipping away. As long as your not going out there to deliberatly hurt someone, i.e. Bruce Bowen, nothing wrong with it. At the end of the day its up to the refs to make the call.

About the hard foul thing. I mean, say a guys got a guarrented lay up, you make the hard foul to shake him up a bit and make him earn the two free throws. Do you consider that cheating?

SLY
01-01-2009, 02:31 PM
Yo stupid **** KG should of never started with Peeler in the first place he threw the first elbow then Peeler retaliated. Garnett is a ***** !!!

Thats why he was barking like a stupid dog at the rookie hes all bark no bite !!! Garnett is scared of playes 7 inches shorter than him !!

SLY
01-01-2009, 02:33 PM
you stop riding Garnett's dick. Garnett is nothing but a punk who is scared to get in any real fights

Mathius
01-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Very well:

Larry Bird: Constant trash talking, as well having numerous fights, ( if you want so i'll find the vids in which this happened)

MJ: The push on Bryon Russel speaks for itself,

Garnett: Wells that easy..

Stockton: Don't get me started

Malone: See Stockton

Kobe: The flail out with the arms when shooting jumpshots.

Furthermore nearly every defender in the leauge when his man goes for a jumpshot pushes him a lil' bit on the hip, one of the most famous tricks.

Fighting and trash talking are not forms of cheating. Fights break out in the heat of the moment and have nothing to do with the game outside of the penalties. Trash talking is mental, and not physical and therefore isn't cheating. There are no rules about what you can and can't say on the basketball court unless it gets out of hand, which is at the refs discretion.

Jordan played in the era of the hand check and Russell clearly had his arm over Jordan's at the same time as Jordan was pushing off. Using your off hand to counter the hand check was just part of the game back then. It's not dirty, or underhanded. If anything the advantage was with the defense because it was nearly impossible for the refs to tell if the player was using a hand check as a force, or if they just had a hand on the player.

As for Kobe, he didn't do that his whole career, and obviously got suspended for it. People often develop quirks when changing their shooting form. That's not proof of his intent to push off. And we both know that Ginobili is one of the best floppers in the league.

You're not impressing me here with your "proof".

Nor do I see the relevance of your "proof" in terms of either morality, or teaching kids how to play basketball.

If your coached that way fair enough. I've known coaches like that, who don't tolerate trash talk at all. I respect them for that yes, but at a higher level when every guys looking for the slight advantage these lil tricks coming into their own. I personally see nothing wrong with grabbing the guy shorts as you go from fronting him to playing 3/4 quarter defense to stop him slipping away. As long as your not going out there to deliberatly hurt someone, i.e. Bruce Bowen, nothing wrong with it. At the end of the day its up to the refs to make the call.

About the hard foul thing. I mean, say a guys got a guarrented lay up, you make the hard foul to shake him up a bit and make him earn the two free throws. Do you consider that cheating?

What part of retaliatory don't you understand?

Mathius

Cookie Monster
01-01-2009, 02:47 PM
Fighting and trash talking are not forms of cheating. Fights break out in the heat of the moment and have nothing to do with the game outside of the penalties. Trash talking is mental, and not physical and therefore isn't cheating. There are no rules about what you can and can't say on the basketball court unless it gets out of hand, which is at the refs discretion.

Jordan played in the era of the hand check and Russell clearly had his arm over Jordan's at the same time as Jordan was pushing off. Using your off hand to counter the hand check was just part of the game back then. It's not dirty, or underhanded. If anything the advantage was with the defense because it was nearly impossible for the refs to tell if the player was using a hand check as a force, or if they just had a hand on the player.

As for Kobe, he didn't do that his whole career, and obviously got suspended for it. People often develop quirks when changing their shooting form. That's not proof of his intent to push off. And we both know that Ginobili is one of the best floppers in the league.

You're not impressing me here with your "proof".

Nor do I see the relevance of your "proof" in terms of either morality, or teaching kids how to play basketball.

What part of retaliatory don't you understand?

Mathius

So wait, according to you trash talking is fine? Even though it obviously goes against the perceived right thing to do and there is absolute no need for it? I see you didn't mention anything about Stockton and Malone.

I really don't see the difference between trash talking and getting into someone heads by using a few tricks here and there. It gets the exact same outcome but according to you one is acceptable.

I DIDN'T at one point say that it was right for players to use tricks, you just made that up. What I did say is that they are in the game and if it helps your team win thats all that matters. Yes it is possible to win without cheating, but I just don't see using these tricks as cheating. I see them as being underhanded perhaps, but a part of the game. I use a few all the time and I still have the respect of my opponents.

In reference to the hard foul im not talking about a retaliation foul. Not at all. Im saying, do you think its right to foul someone hard, even though they may have done nothing to you. Simply to rattle them a little bit.

OneMoreSucka
01-01-2009, 02:52 PM
Wow so much hate in this thread. I would LOVE to have a guy like kg on my team, someone with the ****ing passion and attitude.

Mathius
01-01-2009, 03:06 PM
So wait, according to you trash talking is fine? Even though it obviously goes against the perceived right thing to do and there is absolute no need for it? I see you didn't mention anything about Stockton and Malone.

What's there to mention? I've pointed out myself in thread after thread that Stockton and Malone were dirty players. Sloan was a dirty player, and a nasty old school coach. One of my former coaches played against him in college. His laston name was Felton. I don't recall his first name, we never used it for obvious reasons.

And where is trash talking perceived as wrong? Biblically, maybe, but since I don't believe in God, that's not going to win too many brownie points with me in this discussion. Its just how some people play. If you're dumb enough to let it bother you, you're a mentally weak player and you shouldn't be in the NBA anyways, or at best be nothing more than a bench player.

Words can't hurt you.

I really don't see the difference between trash talking and getting into someone heads by using a few tricks here and there. It gets the exact same outcome but according to you one is acceptable.

It's pretty damn obvious what the differences are. One is considered tolerated by league rules, one isn't. One is verbal, the other is physical. Don't tell me you're that dense.

I DIDN'T at one point say that it was right for players to use tricks, you just made that up. What I did say is that they are in the game and if it helps your team win thats all that matters. Yes it is possible to win without cheating, but I just don't see using these tricks as cheating. I see them as being underhanded perhaps, but a part of the game. I use a few all the time and I still have the respect of my opponents.

You just said these things weren't cheating, but then have the balls to point out that you didn't say they were right.

In reference to the hard foul im not talking about a retaliation foul. Not at all. Im saying, do you think its right to foul someone hard, even though they may have done nothing to you. Simply to rattle them a little bit.

A foul is a foul. The things you're talking about are dirty things done behind the officials eyes. There is a huge difference there.

A foul has consequences within the game. The consequences that come from the cheating described within this thread are not part of the game.

Mathius

BlazersDozen
01-01-2009, 03:21 PM
Wow so much hate in this thread. I would LOVE to have a guy like kg on my team, someone with the ****ing passion and attitude.

I would last year before he got to a new all time high of arogantness but right now I wouldn't. I seriously think that if he continues to go at the pace he is right now this season that there will be a big brawl and KG could get seriously hurt.

Do you really think three old short weak refs, two weak trainers and six old coaches can stop 30 physically dominate people if they really had too?

The thing about KG is that he'd have one incident a year but I think this year he has matched the same number of incidents in one single season. I know if by some magical way if the Blazers and Celtics meet in the Finals it would be a massacre and I'm not talking about final scores.

Big Deal
01-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Stop with the KG threads.

picc84
01-01-2009, 03:27 PM
haha

Classic KG. :applause: I think you guys should just stop and appreciate the humor aspect of what he does. The barking, wagging the finger, all 4's on the ground....the guy is pure entertainment. He makes the league more interesting to watch. :bowdown:

Cookie Monster
01-01-2009, 03:30 PM
What's there to mention? I've pointed out myself in thread after thread that Stockton and Malone were dirty players. Sloan was a dirty player, and a nasty old school coach. One of my former coaches played against him in college. His laston name was Felton. I don't recall his first name, we never used it for obvious reasons.

And where is trash talking perceived as wrong? Biblically, maybe, but since I don't believe in God, that's not going to win too many brownie points with me in this discussion. Its just how some people play. If you're dumb enough to let it bother you, you're a mentally weak player and you shouldn't be in the NBA anyways, or at best be nothing more than a bench player.

Words can't hurt you.

It's pretty damn obvious what the differences are. One is considered tolerated by league rules, one isn't. One is verbal, the other is physical. Don't tell me you're that dense.

You just said these things weren't cheating, but then have the balls to point out that you didn't say they were right.

A foul is a foul. The things you're talking about are dirty things done behind the officials eyes. There is a huge difference there.

A foul has consequences within the game. The consequences that come from the cheating described within this thread are not part of the game.

Mathius

Physical? And you call me dense. Yes they may involve body to body action but they are far from anything physical. It's not like your dam near rugby tackling your opponent and sending them to the mat, or socking them in the mouth. Its little stuff that effects you mentally. Exactly like trash talking, if your strong enough it wont effect you at all.

With your logic what KG did to Bayless (i.e. barking like a dog) was perfectly acceptable because it wasn't physical.

Every championship team in the history of the nba, and most good teams anywhere have at least one or two players who use these tricks or as you call it "cheat".

I personally feel we will just have to agree to disagree here, as this argument appears to be going nowhere.

catzhernandez
01-01-2009, 03:32 PM
I remember when Anthony Peeler made him look like a b-tch.

04mzwach
01-01-2009, 03:39 PM
You know that most players don't like to get suspended? You know that there is only so much you can do in the NBA without getting suspended?

INCREASE THE PEACE. Antoni and KG are the best of friends. KG simply got the better of Peeler. :applause:

Mathius
01-01-2009, 03:46 PM
Physical? And you call me dense. Yes they may involve body to body action but they are far from anything physical. It's not like your dam near rugby tackling your opponent and sending them to the mat, or socking them in the mouth. Its little stuff that effects you mentally. Exactly like trash talking, if your strong enough it wont effect you at all.

Stomping on feet, elbowing, and pulling jerseys aren't physical? Did you even read his quote?

With your logic what KG did to Bayless (i.e. barking like a dog) was perfectly acceptable because it wasn't physical.

No, it's still unacceptable, because it's immature and unprofessional as f*ck. Why is everything black and white to you morons?

Every championship team in the history of the nba, and most good teams anywhere have at least one or two players who use these tricks or as you call it "cheat".

I personally feel we will just have to agree to disagree here, as this argument appears to be going nowhere.

That's the smartest thing you've said all day.

Mathius

Cookie Monster
01-01-2009, 03:50 PM
Stomping on feet, elbowing, and pulling jerseys aren't physical? Did you even read his quote?

No, it's still unacceptable, because it's immature and unprofessional as f*ck. Why is everything black and white to you morons?

That's the smartest thing you've said all day.

Mathius

Physical? Yes it is physical in that in that is the interaction between two people. But that isn't really physical, its more of a mental thing than anything. Its not like your going out there to hurt them or injure them to prevent them playing, your trying to get into their head to prevent them from playing at their maxinum.

You've really got to stop this constant thing about being superior/ more intellectual than everyone else, it really isn't doing you any favours.

Im so nba'd out
01-01-2009, 04:42 PM
When i see people talk about if they ever ran into kg how they would fug him up it just makes me :lol :oldlol: .I think i figured it out all the people who hate kg must of been bullied when they were younger and didnt have the balls to stand up for themselves.Now all of a sudden if they ever see kg they would knock him out :roll: .NBA players are grown ass men yall are talking like kg is picking on people who are in highschool.

Lamar Doom
01-01-2009, 04:43 PM
man, this is mind blowing stuff, thank god you took time to think out theory like this and share it with us. (there is a KG hate sticky-thread above where you can probably stash this)

01-01-2009, 04:44 PM
KG is a punk. Whats so hard to figure out friend?

MMM
01-01-2009, 04:46 PM
I find it funny that people think KG has changed when he is the same player he always was. Instead people need to man up and tell the real reason why they have changed and started hating KG.

Qwyjibo
01-01-2009, 04:46 PM
It doesn't look like you've figured anything out. Better luck next time.

Showtime
01-01-2009, 04:48 PM
I find it funny that people think KG has changed when he is the same player he always was. Instead people need to man up and tell the real reason why they have changed and started hating KG.
I think it's funny people like you refuse to acknowledge that he was a punk before he went to Boston, and there were people who called him out for it.

Big Deal
01-01-2009, 04:50 PM
This thread is useless to have been made :hammerhead:

Showtime
01-01-2009, 04:53 PM
Thank you. I started to be bothered by Paul in last years playoffs and last game vs the spurs he had some really unnecessary incidents (Duncan at one point pull him back and was like "wtf?").

Then again, I was a real ******* when I was playing :D
Paul doesn't instigate physical fights and then runs away from them. He may get chippy and mouth off, but he doesn't do the physical stuff that KG does.

MMM
01-01-2009, 04:54 PM
I think it's funny people like you refuse to acknowledge that he was a punk before he went to Boston, and there were people who called him out for it.

I didn't say those people didn't exists but how many times have I read "I was a fan of KG in Minny but since coming to Boston he has changed".

chains5000
01-01-2009, 05:02 PM
Pround Iguodala Fan
</thread>

shaoyut
01-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Dice would of owned up KG and what KG did to Calderon was stupid

01-01-2009, 05:06 PM
I didn't say those people didn't exists but how many times have I read "I was a fan of KG in Minny but since coming to Boston he has changed".

Hello Mcfly? Once KG got his ring his head has become very large. He is acting out more now than ever.

Now that he has more people wacthing him he has become exposed now. This is why I think there is so much hate for KG. He's tuff guy tactics to small players has been exposed to most all NBA fans at all levels. This is why he is a punk to anyone over 14 years old.

Mathius
01-01-2009, 05:07 PM
Physical? Yes it is physical in that in that is the interaction between two people. But that isn't really physical, its more of a mental thing than anything. Its not like your going out there to hurt them or injure them to prevent them playing, your trying to get into their head to prevent them from playing at their maxinum.

That's a sh*t justification. Basketball is a physical game. You get fined/penalized/called for physical actions outside the rules. These things are outside the rules. They're just being done behind the refs back. They are cowardly, dishonest, and have no place in basketball, period.

You've really got to stop this constant thing about being superior/ more intellectual than everyone else, it really isn't doing you any favours.

I'm not here to make you happy, sunshine.

Mathius

shaoyut
01-01-2009, 05:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2cwtL5tNTc&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxKFVpffbV4&NR=1

Da KO King
01-01-2009, 05:30 PM

Mathius
I've never taught anyone dirty tactics. None of the tricks I've passed on can actually hurt a guy. In my opinion guys like Bruce Bowen have no place on a basketball court. Bowen is willing to destroy a career to contest a shot and that is ridiculous.

What I've shown guys in the past are crafty veteran things. Things they are guaranteed to face at more advanced levels of basketball. From things like Shane Battier blocking Kobe Bryant's vision on all his shots to John Stockton slapping guys on the knee whenever he attempted to drive past them. These are things that players are guaranteed to have to contend with at the upper levels of high school, AAU, and on.

Really though what would be the point in withholding this information? How can you actually help someone get better if you are intentionally not giving them all the information they may need?

Mathius
01-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Really though what would be the point in withholding this information? How can you actually help someone get better if you are intentionally not giving them all the information they may need?

Because you're condoning play that is outside the realm and rules of basketball. Point Blank: If you can't do it in front of a ref. It's not basketball. It's that simple. The only positive I can see for sharing this information is showing kids what to watch out for and how to avoid it.

Mathius

Valliant13
01-01-2009, 05:37 PM
When i see people talk about if they ever ran into kg how they would fug him up it just makes me :lol :oldlol: .I think i figured it out all the people who hate kg must of been bullied when they were younger and didnt have the balls to stand up for themselves.Now all of a sudden if they ever see kg they would knock him out :roll: .NBA players are grown ass men yall are talking like kg is picking on people who are in highschool.

I have been an athlete all of my life...as I imagine is the case with many people on this board. I had sportsmenship and respect for the game/art drilled into my every coach/kru/sensi I've ever had. When I see someone behave like a complete tool, and show such disrespect for his peers, it irks me. You can draw all sort of inferences...but it comes down to a basic aversion to disrepectful *******s, that behave like obnoxious children when they are supposed to be professionals.

HelterSkelter
01-01-2009, 05:42 PM
No reply. this is a "sock account"

Kumo
01-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Nice dude, you watch a movie with a psychiatrist in it?

bagelred
01-01-2009, 05:48 PM
I think KG's use of a taser during game action is uncalled for. Hey, but that's just my opinion......

G-train
01-01-2009, 05:53 PM
I have played bball to a pretty high level of competition and the 'tricks' KG mentions happen every game. Those 'tricks' are basketball. A foul is when a referee blows his whistle... if he doesnt its good basketball.

I understand what Mathius is saying, and maybe his points would be valid in a perfect mythical game where the Magical Elves of Jethro Forest are versing the Heaven All-Star Team.... but this is why you hear players say the NBA is 'mans game'. Its rough.

G-train
01-01-2009, 05:55 PM
Because you're condoning play that is outside the realm and rules of basketball. Point Blank: If you can't do it in front of a ref. It's not basketball. It's that simple. The only positive I can see for sharing this information is showing kids what to watch out for and how to avoid it.

Mathius

:lol

Please. Every successful basketballer bends and twists and breaks rules as much as possible, as long as you dont get whistled.

Mathius
01-01-2009, 05:56 PM
I have played bball to a pretty high level of competition and the 'tricks' KG mentions happen every game. Those 'tricks' are basketball. A foul is when a referee blows his whistle... if he doesnt its good basketball.

I understand what Mathius is saying, and maybe his points would be valid in a perfect mythical game where the Magical Elves of Jethro Forest are versing the Heaven All-Star Team.... but this is why you hear players say the NBA is 'mans game'. Its rough.

And it never occurred to any of you a-holes that this sh*t is going on because they're getting away with it, and morons like you are saying it's just part of the game?

Nevermind. You know what? I'm sorry for wasting everyone's time in this thread. I'm just not god damn stupid enough to see where you guys are coming from so I apologize and I'll just move on from here.

Mathius

Lamar Doom
01-01-2009, 05:57 PM
I love Kevin Garnett, one of the most intense athletes i've ever witnessed. A remarkable man. Having said that, if anyone doesn't see that he has become a bit of a characature of himself THIS season is blind.

G-train
01-01-2009, 06:02 PM
And it never occurred to any of you a-holes that this sh*t is going on because they're getting away with it, and morons like you are saying it's just part of the game?

Nevermind. You know what? I'm sorry for wasting everyone's time in this thread. I'm just not god damn stupid enough to see where you guys are coming from so I apologize and I'll just move on from here.

Mathius

Its just physical basketball. No one gets badly hurt. Bruise maybe? some soreness maybe? Its a very physical sport, and the tricks are part of the game. Larry, Magic, Michael - they all did these sort of tricks. Get with it Mathius... its not like they are busting their skull with a bat while they are on the ground. Dont be a pansy.

01-01-2009, 06:03 PM
I think KG tactics did the Celtics more harm than good in the Portland game.

Atleast in the Portland game KG tactics came back and bit him. I truly think that if there was no mini fued with both teams Boston would of won the game easy. The Blazers were so sick of KG pushing them around. They came out and played very very hard. And was not going to be pushed around.

Not to mention the extra hate the portland fans showed to KG.

KG's tactics are exposed now. It's all going to a head write now. A fight is brewing

G-train
01-01-2009, 06:09 PM
There wont be a fight because of the massive suspensions.

But all I wanna see is Ben Wallace slam KG to the ground in the ECF game 7. I wanna see him winded and pleading for mercy as Wallace stares down upon his skinny carcass for a few seconds then walks away. The cavs then win game 7 and Wallace misses the finals.

GOBB
01-01-2009, 06:20 PM
Why is Ben Wallace always used in fighting? When was he EVER a fighter?

G-train
01-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Why is Ben Wallace always used in fighting? When was he EVER a fighter?

maybe he was in the biggest fight in NBA history?
:rolleyes: :lol

G-train
01-01-2009, 06:23 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/jack_mccallum/01/18/artest.brawl.impact/p1.artest.jpg

GOBB
01-01-2009, 06:24 PM
He was? Whose ass did Ben Wallace kick? Whose ass did Ben Wallace slam? I mean your 300 movie scene scenerio involving Ben Wallace happened before at that fight?

Didnt think so.

G-train
Plus he broke Charles Oakleys nose when he was 17 or something.

GOBB
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/jack_mccallum/01/18/artest.brawl.impact/p1.artest.jpg

I can google a lot of photos of players being seperated by others.

Your point? askjeeves for that

G-train
01-01-2009, 06:26 PM
He was? Whose ass did Ben Wallace kick? Whose ass did Ben Wallace slam? I mean your 300 movie scene scenerio involving Ben Wallace happened before at that fight?

Didnt think so.

Dont be an a$$. he is the strongest man in the league. why do you think he isnt in many altercations?:rolleyes:
He ran down artest but got seperated. What do you think was gonna happen? I guarantee he wasnt gonna make sweet love to him

G-train
01-01-2009, 06:28 PM
I can google a lot of photos of players being seperated by others.

Your point? askjeeves for that

I put the image before your post. It was a reminder to you o 'God of Bball' that you had neglected to remember the worst brawl in NBa history.

GOBB
01-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Dont be an a$$. he is the strongest man in the league. why do you think he isnt in many altercations?:rolleyes:
He ran down artest but got seperated. What do you think was gonna happen? I guarantee he wasnt gonna make sweet love to him

He wouldnt have done anything besides push Ron Artest. Like I said you cant find me the answers to the questions I seek. Even SHAQ has been involved in fights. Ben strongest man? Really? My care factor hasnt budged. Why is that? Oh because one doesnt equate "he can whup ass" with a guy being able to bench and leg press alot of damn weight. Whooptee f*cking doo. Thats Ben's claim to fame outside of him being the defensive/rebounder he is.

Thats his selling point. The physique. Yet Bron is just as big. How does a player fear Ben but not Bron? I mean if we go by the physical look of it all. :confusedshrug:

Like I said why is Ben Wallace always used as this greek god, this Mike Tyson character. He's not and never has been. Stephen Jackson threw more punches than Ben Wallace did. Nate tiny Robinson threw more punches in his NBA career than Ben Wallace ever has. Like really get off Ben Wallace. I'm not being as ass for the hell of it. I'm being serious. Legit response because you're not the only poster here who uses Ben Wallace.

GOBB
01-01-2009, 06:35 PM
I put the image before your post. It was a reminder to you o 'God of Bball' that you had neglected to remember the worst brawl in NBa history.

What did Ben do? He shoved Ron. Ron backed off avoiding confrontation. Ben was lookin/seeking it. Players get seperated. Ron Artest lays on scorers table.

Thats the end of Ben Wallace's part in this movie. :roll:

barne100
01-01-2009, 06:36 PM
He wouldnt have done anything besides push Ron Artest. Like I said you cant find me the answers to the questions I seek. Even SHAQ has been involved in fights. Ben strongest man? Really? My care factor hasnt budged. Why is that? Oh because one doesnt equate "he can whup ass" with a guy being able to bench and leg press alot of damn weight. Whooptee f*cking doo. Thats Ben's claim to fame outside of him being the defensive/rebounder he is.

Thats his selling point. The physique. Yet Bron is just as big. How does a player fear Ben but not Bron? I mean if we go by the physical look of it all. :confusedshrug:

Like I said why is Ben Wallace always used as this greek god, this Mike Tyson character. He's not and never has been. Stephen Jackson threw more punches than Ben Wallace did. Nate tiny Robinson threw more punches in his NBA career than Ben Wallace ever has. Like really get off Ben Wallace. I'm not being as ass for the hell of it. I'm being serious. Legit response because you're not the only poster here who uses Ben Wallace.

is that you ben?

G-train
01-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Its actually the first time I have ever used him in a scenario. And I just said I would like to see him drop KG, but in a manner that would not draw a gigantic susp. It would entertain me. I dont mind KG's tricks, I just dont like his 'taunts'. This thread is about KG.

You are making a mountain out of a molehill. I dont have anything special going on between myself and Big Ben. But in my opinion he has shown to me that he would be a capable fighter. He is big, strong and mean. He doesnt back down. He charged at Ron Artest. Ron Artest. Not many men on this planet would do that, cos anything could happen.

No one really knows who would beat who in a fight in the NBA, cos they dont happen and if they do players usually back out or get restrained.

But based on what I have seen of Wallace he would be able to hold his own against most.

G-train
01-01-2009, 06:45 PM
What did Ben do? He shoved Ron. Ron backed off avoiding confrontation. Ben was lookin/seeking it. Players get seperated. Ron Artest lays on scorers table.

Thats the end of Ben Wallace's part in this movie. :roll:

you got nothing GOBB. You just make dumb comments and then go :roll: .

why dont you find out for yourself if he can fight? that would be worthy of a :roll:

G-train
01-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Stephen Jackson threw more punches than Ben Wallace did.

:oldlol:

why is Ben Wallace is gonna fight people to protect Ron. Ben wants to fight Ron..... yet Jax is more of a fighter than Wallace cos he throws punches to help out Ron? What Ben should have been throwing punches? For what reason? It wasnt Rip in the stands.

:lol fool:roll:

GOBB
01-01-2009, 07:01 PM
You mention the Detroit Brawl. The Brawl was the fans vs players. Not Ben vs Ron. Yet you fail to realize that. Hilarious. Sjax more of a fighter? No I'm showing how Sjax was more involved in that brawl than Ben Wallace was. He did nothing but shove Ron Artest...then after awhile decided to go after him. Then teams, coaches, refs seperate them. The brawl started when the cup was thrown from the stands. Ben Wallace did nothing but spectate.

And yes me challenging Ben Wallace to see if he can fight makes sense. Such an excellant point. Afterall GOBB said Ben Wallace COULDNT fight right? Or did GOBB say why is Ben Wallace the first name used when this WWE matches are created when he comes out ontop? Ah yes, I think so.

Recap

GOBB "Why is Ben always used in fighting? When was he ever a fighter?"
Jackass "Uhh the Detroit Brawl ring a bell?"

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/roll.gif

Yet Ben watched the brawl. Funny.

1~Gibson~1
01-01-2009, 07:13 PM
When i see people talk about if they ever ran into kg how they would fug him up it just makes me :lol :oldlol: .I think i figured it out all the people who hate kg must of been bullied when they were younger and didnt have the balls to stand up for themselves.Now all of a sudden if they ever see kg they would knock him out :roll: .NBA players are grown ass men yall are talking like kg is picking on people who are in highschool.:oldlol: i actually use to like KG b4 this year. He was a passionate person and never did dumb things. Now he's bullying ever young foreign pg (and aldridge) daily. He never picks on people his age. Why doesnt he pick on Duncan, Shaq, etc?

G-train
01-01-2009, 07:15 PM
Thats the point. You would personally fight Matt Carroll. You wouldn't even consider Ben Wallace. Why?

And you are wrong again. The brawl started when Ben had to be restrained from attacking Ron Artest, one of the craziest and most feared players in the NBA. The brawl excalated when a fan threw the cup. Ben has no part of that, because the fan is on his side.

G-train
01-01-2009, 07:20 PM
I have other examples...

Here is one. Charles Oakley is doing a clinic and challenges a 17 year old Ben to one and one. It gets really physical and Ben retaliates to his nose being bloodied by smashing Charles Oakley in the face and bloodying his nose, one of the toughest NBA players and a fighter.
Charles likes the kid and get him into Virginia Union.

GOBB
01-01-2009, 07:25 PM
17? How old is Ben? Oh my you have OTHER EXAMPLES alright hahaahahaaa

G-train
01-01-2009, 07:26 PM
whats your point?

G-train
01-01-2009, 07:28 PM
I really dont understand why you continue this argument GOBB.

GOBB
01-01-2009, 07:30 PM
1. Detroit Brawl (somehow Ben still gets credit for it dispite 0 punches thrown)
2. 17yr old decks Oakley

These are your examples. LOL My point is you're struggling to find me examples. Absolutely struggling. You had to go back when he was a teenager.

And Ron Artest is not the most feared NBA player. Stop that nonsense.

G-train
01-01-2009, 07:31 PM
what do you want me to prove?

Allstar24
01-01-2009, 07:31 PM
Why do you think KG being a bully is something to be proud of?

Definition of a bully: A person who is habitually cruel or overbearing, especially to smaller or weaker people.

Yeah sounds like KG to me :oldlol:

G-train
01-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Its actually the first time I have ever used him in a scenario. And I just said I would like to see him drop KG, but in a manner that would not draw a gigantic susp. It would entertain me. I dont mind KG's tricks, I just dont like his 'taunts'. This thread is about KG.

You are making a mountain out of a molehill. I dont have anything special going on between myself and Big Ben. But in my opinion he has shown to me that he would be a capable fighter. He is big, strong and mean. He doesnt back down. He charged at Ron Artest. Ron Artest. Not many men on this planet would do that, cos anything could happen.

No one really knows who would beat who in a fight in the NBA, cos they dont happen and if they do players usually back out or get restrained.

But based on what I have seen of Wallace he would be able to hold his own against most.

I cant say much else

JellyBean
01-01-2009, 07:33 PM
And??? I thought that KG was cheating on his wife. Everyone in the NBA, especially veterans, use a trick or two to gain that extra edge. Big deal about KG cheating.

GOBB
01-01-2009, 07:33 PM
I cant say much else

That reply would have ended this. In fact it did until your replies AFTER it.

Lamar Doom
01-01-2009, 07:34 PM
the f*cking point is that GOBB cant' figure out why a guy whose only really relationship to fighting was a frustrated shove of an antagonistic ron artest and this story you're citing about him as a teenager is constantly used in hypothetical fight scenarios. ben wallace is a ridiculously muscular (i think bigger and "harder" looking than lebron) imposing looking dude and i think that's why GOBB, for the record. semi-related note: shaq's swing at brad miller was hilarious. now if you boys want to quit your tea party and get back on topic i'll happily go about my reading.

G-train
01-01-2009, 07:35 PM
well I dont have access to videos at work to give other examples

Gevz2kX
01-01-2009, 07:37 PM
This thread is long overdue. I've had enough of seeing 5 new Garnett threads a day. Thank you.

GOBB
01-01-2009, 07:38 PM
the f*cking point is that GOBB cant' figure out why a guy whose only really relationship to fighting was a frustrated shove of an antagonistic ron artest and this story you're citing about him as a teenager is constantly used in hypothetical fight scenarios. ben wallace is a ridiculously muscular (i think bigger and "harder" looking than lebron) imposing looking dude and i think that's why GOBB, for the record. semi-related note: shaq's swing at brad miller was hilarious. now if you boys want to quit your tea party and get back on topic i'll happily go about my reading.

:applause:

:bowdown:

well I dont have access to videos at work to give other examples

But you have access to text to type out what these videos (that u cant post) would have shown. Just saying. :violin:

:hammertime:

Im so nba'd out
01-01-2009, 07:38 PM
Why do you think KG being a bully is something to be proud of?

Definition of a bully: A person who is habitually cruel or overbearing, especially to smaller or weaker people.

Yeah sounds like KG to me :oldlol:
I never said being a bully is something to be proud of i just said he is clapping in a grown man's face and elbowing a grown man.He is not picking on any 1 weaker then him.Any 1 on that team can go over and help out there teammates if it really was something worth getting involved with.Clapping in someone ear while they are dribbling up court is not bullying them.The main reason i made this thread was it was getting out of hand when i seen internet thugs saying how if they ever ran into kg they would do this and that when we all know its not true :confusedshrug:

Shep
01-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Yo stupid **** KG should of never started with Peeler in the first place he threw the first elbow then Peeler retaliated. Garnett is a ***** !!!

Thats why he was barking like a stupid dog at the rookie hes all bark no bite !!! Garnett is scared of playes 7 inches shorter than him !!
what a dumb ****. who gives a **** what he started with peeler. garnett can instigate whatever the **** he wants, the fact of the matter is simply punching some scrub is going to kill his team. he doesn't get payed to be tough, he gets payed to be on the basketball floor.

G-train
01-01-2009, 07:42 PM

exactly. Thats what I am saying... why do I have to defend this? I make a one off comment about Wallace in a post about Kg, adn then I have to explain to a delinquent why I would consider Wallace to be a fighter.

I'll end it right now. I used the example of Wallace to slam Garnett as he plays for the C's biggest east rival, he is big, strong, and tough with a history of taking crap from no one. Thats all I am saying.

I could easily replace Wallace with... I dont know Craig Smith or another big dude. It was just a hypothetical. Why Gobb had to get his lace panties in a twist about it, I dont know.

I'm done on it though

JellyBean
01-01-2009, 07:43 PM

OK. Who thought that KG was a punk? I saw KG play for 12 years here in Minnesota and all across the 10,000 + lakes that we have here in Minnesota, everyone thought that KG was the coolest guy ever. Even in the NBA, people speak highly of him. From the G.O.A.T Jordan on down to Kevin "The Mayor" Johnson, even the Captain, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, loves, respects, and speaks highly of KG. Heck even Bill Russell, the greatest champion of all-time speaks highly of KG.

So, not to throw salt on your street cred, but when the ICONs speak highly of KG and respect KG......I aint to worried about what some other person says. I worry about what the GREATS say about KG.

G-train
01-01-2009, 07:44 PM
But you have access to text to type out what these videos (that u cant post) would have shown. Just saying. :violin:

:hammertime:

I'm at work and I am going off memory.

Lamar Doom
01-01-2009, 07:46 PM
Craig Smith would be one of my last choices of NBA players to fight, that's a big boy, wouldn't know what to do with him. He's one of those cats you hit with a golf club and he shakes it off and smiles at you. He's the killer in the movie that just walks after the girl fleeing into the woods. FEAR CRAIG SMITH.

Gevz2kX
01-01-2009, 07:46 PM
:oldlol: i actually use to like KG b4 this year. He was a passionate person and never did dumb things. Now he's bullying ever young foreign pg (and aldridge) daily. He never picks on people his age. Why doesnt he pick on Duncan, Shaq, etc?

Daily? Even if you use the haters' definition of "picking on" which includes wagging a finger or setting a screen and then having words, he's only done that three times. First it was why doesn't he pick on someone his own size, now that everybody shut up about that it's why doesn't he pick on someone his own age? Get a life haters :oldlol:

JellyBean
01-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Daily? Even if you use the haters' definition of "picking on" which includes wagging a finger or setting a screen and then having words, he's only done that three times. First it was why doesn't he pick on someone his own size, now that everybody shut up about that it's why doesn't he pick on someone his own age? Get a life haters :oldlol:

I know. The haters are never happy.

GOBB
01-01-2009, 07:55 PM
This is how i got 26,000+ posts. Not so much being here 24/7, but getting into an argument that should have ended after post 2 or 3. Yet it goes 12-13.

Lamar Doom
01-01-2009, 08:04 PM
people love to argue with you so then they can make a "the day i owned gobb" post in a couple months because you're the poster everyone knows/talks about for whatever reason. part of your e-personality seems to be shutting people down too, so it makes sense to me. i hear you though, frustrating to read.

Mamba
01-01-2009, 08:20 PM
I think i figured it out all the people who hate kg must of been bullied when they were younger and didnt have the balls to stand up for themselves.\.
bullying isn't something to be laughed upon buddy.

i hav ethe balls to admit i was bullied because i was always short. then had a growth spurt to 6'2 now no one bullies me.

the ones that bully are usually though the ones that have had the hardest time growing up and need to release there emotional destress on other people.

GOBB
01-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Yeah trying to cut back.

AllNBAArenas
01-01-2009, 08:24 PM
OK. Who thought that KG was a punk? I saw KG play for 12 years here in Minnesota and all across the 10,000 + lakes that we have here in Minnesota, everyone thought that KG was the coolest guy ever.

Does that include the rookie he punched in the face for scoring on him when he was in Minny? The poor guy wasn't even taunting KG, he was just trying hard to make the team and KG just straight up sucker punched the guy because he knew the rookie wasn't going to retaliate at all if he wanted to make the roster. I bet his teammates thought he was a super swell guy after that. :rolleyes: Well maybe Spree did. :oldlol:

crisoner
01-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Who would of thought...after damn near 10 years on these boards the hate of Kobe would be topped!!!!

:applause:

ISH is turning a new leaf and we also have a black president!!!

Things are looking good in this world.

n00bie
01-01-2009, 08:30 PM
LMAO.. the "KG hate" has gotten to the "love for Kobe's ****" proportions !

AllNBAArenas
01-01-2009, 08:34 PM
Wow what a coward. :eek:

KG needs to salvage his rep by taking on an aggressive guy his size or bigger.

Celts34
01-01-2009, 08:47 PM
The stuff that KG does is nowhere near the level of stuff that Dennis Rodman did in his heyday. And if anyone needs a refresher go watch the 97 and 98 Finals, and just focus in on him guarding Karl Malone.

Hell Stockton may have been the dirtiest player if I've ever seen, dude was known for undercutting people going up for rebounds, setting movin picks where he'd purposely hit guys with elbows or trip them or push them. But because he did with a straight face, and he looked like Clark Kent nobody on this board says what an *ss.

This topic is just so tired and only proves that if a sensus was taken of ages on this board, it'd be 12-15. The simple fact of the matter is that when KG played in Minny he was on a team that was not given nearly as much national pub and everyone here didn't see him nearly as much. Nor was there really a reason to pay attention to what he was doin, because even when Minny was good they were easily below Lakers, Spurs, Kings, Mavs, and barely above or Rockets, Blazers.

dware94
01-01-2009, 09:44 PM
hate that piece of shit, even if he is one of the best forwards in the game today

NastaMaverick
01-01-2009, 09:46 PM
Seeing him f*ck with all those people, and then seeing him getting punked by Peeler leaves you with a nice, warm feeling inside.

1~Gibson~1
01-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Daily? Even if you use the haters' definition of "picking on" which includes wagging a finger or setting a screen and then having words, he's only done that three times. First it was why doesn't he pick on someone his own size, now that everybody shut up about that it's why doesn't he pick on someone his own age? Get a life haters :oldlol:you dont see him wagging his finger at bigger opponents do you? he's never set a moving screen on a larger opponent either. and that's not the full reason why i dont like him. doing stupid shyt like crawling on the floor, and talkin shyt the whole game like he's the man doesnt make him tough. it makes him look stupid.

like i said, i once like KG but after he won his ring he got all cocky and started showing out.

Gevz2kX
01-01-2009, 10:14 PM
you dont see him wagging his finger at bigger opponents do you? he's never set a moving screen on a larger opponent either.

he did that ONCE and that's because Calderon wasn't his man and tried to guard him.

and yes he has set a screen on a larger opponent. You never saw this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwpaWFAFH7w

Screens are mostly set on smaller players anyways. You don't see centers or PFs calling for a screen to get around their man. They're the ones who set them, not call for them.

1~Gibson~1
01-01-2009, 10:18 PM
he did that ONCE and that's because Calderon wasn't his man and tried to guard him.

and yes he has set a screen on a larger opponent. You never saw this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwpaWFAFH7w

Screens are mostly set on smaller players anyways. You don't see centers or PFs calling for a screen to get around their man. They're the ones who set them, not call for them.Calderon wasnt his man so he put his finger in Calderon's face......right :rolleyes:

That's one good reason why i dont like him;for taking cheap shots like that

PS-notice that he's about the 100th foreign player KG has picked on

kumquat
01-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Go watch some jordan videos on youtube defense, he shows you how to get away with a lot of the dirty tricks he pulled.

Gevz2kX
01-01-2009, 10:24 PM
he wagged his finger on him after he nailed the shot. Not unlike how Mutumbo wags his finger after a block or K-mart did it after dunking on Mutumbo.

please tell me your definition of "picking on" someone

No.45
01-01-2009, 10:30 PM
I hate KG.

There is my contribution to this epical thread.

1~Gibson~1
01-01-2009, 10:32 PM
he wagged his finger on him after he nailed the shot. Not unlike how Mutumbo wags his finger after a block or K-mart did it after dunking on Mutumbo.

please tell me your definition of "picking on" someoneto bully someone

Gevz2kX
01-01-2009, 10:46 PM
Are you really gonna call moving screens, crawling on the floor for two seconds, and wagging a finger forms of bullying? I know they're not respectable acts but you make it seem like he has something against those players.

Becoming a champion after giving the best decade of your career to a team that went nowhere is gonna inflate your ego a bit. Before coming to the Celtics he got in, what, 5 altercations? He's not committing flagrant fouls. He's not kicking people in the groin or putting his feet under them like Bowen. He's just getting into the defense too much.

vinsane01
01-01-2009, 10:48 PM
Wow! A KG hate thread! and its stickied!!

Something tells me its gonna be a great year!

Cmon people! Spread the Hate!

n00bie
01-01-2009, 10:55 PM

Dude there's a sticky on this topic. USE IT. This guy should be banned.

vinsane01
01-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Its more of a personality issue..if your an aszhole you'll like KG's antics... either that or you have a KG man love. And KG's antics is not what i describe as bullying but rather as just so fckin childish. Like a 6 year old spoiled brat who makes face to all people he meet. For a child its okay for a grown man it will draw upon so much hate it will require some stickied thread to talk about it..:lol

dogman652
01-01-2009, 11:15 PM
or they could just be laker fans...

dogman652
01-01-2009, 11:28 PM
the guy plays hard. that's just part of who he is. his game is physical. And in some of thoose feuds, i guarentee you that's not there's more to the story. ****, those guys in minnesota needed somebody to get on they ass.

mattreis62
01-01-2009, 11:45 PM
I'd never seen that slap on Duncan before, what a bitch move.

04mzwach
01-01-2009, 11:45 PM
There is at least 1 post per hour of hate regarding KG every single day on ISH. What a waste of time.

1~Gibson~1
01-01-2009, 11:49 PM
Are you really gonna call moving screens, crawling on the floor for two seconds, and wagging a finger forms of bullying? I know they're not respectable acts but you make it seem like he has something against those players.no. moving screens etc isnt bullying. i said him bullying people AND his childish behavior is the reason why i dont like him anymore.

mattreis62
01-01-2009, 11:49 PM
The stuff that KG does is nowhere near the level of stuff that Dennis Rodman did in his heyday. And if anyone needs a refresher go watch the 97 and 98 Finals, and just focus in on him guarding Karl Malone.

Hell Stockton may have been the dirtiest player if I've ever seen, dude was known for undercutting people going up for rebounds, setting movin picks where he'd purposely hit guys with elbows or trip them or push them. But because he did with a straight face, and he looked like Clark Kent nobody on this board says what an *ss.

This topic is just so tired and only proves that if a sensus was taken of ages on this board, it'd be 12-15. The simple fact of the matter is that when KG played in Minny he was on a team that was not given nearly as much national pub and everyone here didn't see him nearly as much. Nor was there really a reason to pay attention to what he was doin, because even when Minny was good they were easily below Lakers, Spurs, Kings, Mavs, and barely above or Rockets, Blazers.

Whatever homer. If he was still in Minny you'd be tearing him down like everyone else.

H2whoa
01-01-2009, 11:51 PM
If I were a mod I would lock this up right here.
We get it. People don't like KG, if I had a dollar for every KG post there was on this board I would have more money than him. But this is by far one of the stupidest ones.

Kevin_Garnett_5
01-02-2009, 12:01 AM
Does that include the rookie he punched in the face for scoring on him when he was in Minny? The poor guy wasn't even taunting KG, he was just trying hard to make the team and KG just straight up sucker punched the guy because he knew the rookie wasn't going to retaliate at all if he wanted to make the roster. I bet his teammates thought he was a super swell guy after that. :rolleyes: Well maybe Spree did. :oldlol:I agree, that was stupid.

JJ81
01-02-2009, 12:10 AM
Good video. You should extend it and show more of his ****

Lil B
01-02-2009, 12:10 AM

He's a punk, and he wouldn't try that ckrap againt people that retaliate.

discuss

Meticode
01-02-2009, 12:11 AM

He's a punk, and he wouldn't try that ckrap againt people that retaliate.

discuss

This was posted on the first page already.

SHEED_ gangsta
01-02-2009, 12:17 AM
as much as I hate GAY G enough is enough.

he's a bully he picks on smaller players and when big dudes like Dice go after him he runs away, we all know this. Might aswell make a topic saying water is wet

Skywalker
01-02-2009, 12:17 AM
:roll:

OP during the 911 attacks in the midst of the towers falling.

"Damn man, you find it dusty out here?"

gts
01-02-2009, 12:20 AM
:roll:

OP during the 911 attacks in the midst of the towers falling.

"Damn man, you find it dusty out here?"lol..
a year later standing at ground zero

"didn't here used to be a building here?"

Lil B
01-02-2009, 12:21 AM
what kind of ho ass ni-gga spurs someone because they're getting outdid

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/32979/20040901/garnett_punches_player_during_pickup_game/

ForceOfNature
01-02-2009, 12:21 AM
One of these days, KG is going to get hit so hard from an opposing player.

Celts34
01-02-2009, 12:22 AM
Whatever homer. If he was still in Minny you'd be tearing him down like everyone else.

Blah, Blah, Blah. No one has given one legit reason KG should be hated. Not one. The reason his antics grate on people so much is because the Celtics win so much. Period. The problem is most of the middle schoolers on this board lack the social skills to express that and instead would like to point out that "KG is a punk cuz he won't fight noone!!!!!" "He's all talk!!!" "He picks on weaker players!!!!" "Oooo he clapped his hands and pointed his finger!!!!" "He threw an elbow!!!!" OMG Hide the kids.

When he was in Minny NOONE and I do mean NOONE was complaining about any of the stuff he was doing. And as the videos people keep posting show he's been at this stuff for awhile. He didn't just get brand new all of a sudden. I been here a long minute and I can safely say that nobody has ever said anything negative about KG. Outside of the Dirk fans a few years ago, who wanted to say Dirk>KG because KG was a stat padder on a lotto team.

gts
01-02-2009, 12:28 AM
what kind of ho ass ni-gga spurs someone because they're getting outdid

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/32979/20040901/garnett_punches_player_during_pickup_game/make that 2 years later standing at ground zero...

that article is 4 years old, it's been beat to death, let is die already

DuMa
01-02-2009, 12:30 AM
y'all some whiners thats what

lilojmayo
01-02-2009, 12:31 AM
can youll cool it on the i hate kg threads shyt

its becoming more bad that bron and kobe homers threads

at least there no more my team is winning 70 games thireads

kidachi
01-02-2009, 12:34 AM
Man I'm tired of these Celtics fans. It's sad that they are turning into what Laker fans are.

like Real men wear green, I always thought he was a great poster.. but after debating with him in this issue and him arguing where's the bullying? NOPE. :no:

KG is pissing the whole world because he only chooses the one who he knows won't fight him, like guys 8 inches smaller than him....or more. And my goooooooodness, when you're about 6'11.. and you do that. might as well work with Dairy Queen.

KG/Celtic fans.. I'D BET if some big guy brags right in the face of your smaller guards.. you'd say. why not Perk? or the other guys...

trig
01-02-2009, 12:35 AM
a lot of people are already tired of his antics including me. But a lot are also tired of kg threads, including me.

Celts34
01-02-2009, 12:37 AM
Does that include the rookie he punched in the face for scoring on him when he was in Minny? The poor guy wasn't even taunting KG, he was just trying hard to make the team and KG just straight up sucker punched the guy because he knew the rookie wasn't going to retaliate at all if he wanted to make the roster. I bet his teammates thought he was a super swell guy after that. :rolleyes: Well maybe Spree did. :oldlol:

If my memory serves me correctly didn't Micheal Jordan get kicked out of practice for cold-cocking Steve kerr. Gee why didn't he swing on Bill Wennington or Will Purdue.

kidachi
01-02-2009, 12:41 AM
If my memory serves me correctly didn't Micheal Jordan get kicked out of practice for cold-cocking Steve kerr. Gee why didn't he swing on Bill Wennington or Will Purdue.

I think that was after he let Xavier McDaniel smell his breath.

Fatal9
01-02-2009, 12:53 AM
no idiot, it's because KG is an immature punk. You take that fact and then you add the annoying "anything is possible" type of **** and you can see why he's not likable.

Big Al All day
01-02-2009, 01:00 AM
KG has always been an *******. Everybody knew it here, from **** he did on the court to not tipping the pizza dude( they actually talked about that **** on the news, no lie. ) We just didn't care because he was so damn good.

Celts34
01-02-2009, 01:13 AM
Man I'm tired of these Celtics fans. It's sad that they are turning into what Laker fans are.

like Real men wear green, I always thought he was a great poster.. but after debating with him in this issue and him arguing where's the bullying? NOPE. :no:

KG is pissing the whole world because he only chooses the one who he knows won't fight him, like guys 8 inches smaller than him....or more. And my goooooooodness, when you're about 6'11.. and you do that. might as well work with Dairy Queen.

KG/Celtic fans.. I'D BET if some big guy brags right in the face of your smaller guards.. you'd say. why not Perk? or the other guys...

I don't know about RMG. But the reason I choose to ignore it is because its simply not true. I'd say KG has a problem with white players before I'd say it was strictly a size issue(And I don't think either is true btw). I've seen him go at other frontcourt players. Didn't he just get into it with Lamarcus Aldridge? What about him and Bogut? Or Pachulia? Or Pryzbilla? Or Biedris?? Like I said you would probably be able to play the race card before you go the he's a bully rout both btw are pretty absurd.

01-02-2009, 01:48 AM
I don't know about RMG. But the reason I choose to ignore it is because its simply not true. I'd say KG has a problem with white players before I'd say it was strictly a size issue(And I don't think either is true btw). I've seen him go at other frontcourt players. Didn't he just get into it with Lamarcus Aldridge? What about him and Bogut? Or Pachulia? Or Pryzbilla? Or Biedris?? Like I said you would probably be able to play the race card before you go the he's a bully rout both btw are pretty absurd.

The thing is he walks away from these type of players. The backcourt guys he will chest bump and get on all fours.

01-02-2009, 03:07 AM
KG gets smaked in the head by LA and KG does not even turn around? LA pulls his shorts up ready to go?????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS8DDzedrts&feature=related

And then Portland Fans chanting Boston Sucks

sammdogg
01-02-2009, 09:38 PM
this is so great...

krayziejcs
01-03-2009, 02:18 PM
What happened to Garnett, he used to be my fav player, now in days I cant stand him...

n00bie
01-03-2009, 03:17 PM
What happened to Garnett, he used to be my fav player, now in days I cant stand him...

the ring got to his head... now he thinks he's god?

Real Men Wear Green
01-03-2009, 04:59 PM

No, I wouldn't, because I'm not a whiner like the twits I made this thread for. I don't complain about "bullying" in the NBA, never have and never will. Do you think no big has ever tried to intimidate a guard on the Cs?
You know, I had thought about starting to pay attention to all the players KG yells/glares/whatevers at in the course of the game, but I just can't be bothered. Thanks for doing it, though, I suppose that someone should.

Godfather
01-03-2009, 06:45 PM
No, I wouldn't, because I'm not a whiner like the twits I made this thread for. I don't complain about "bullying" in the NBA, never have and never will. Do you think no big has ever tried to intimidate a guard on the Cs?
You know, I had thought about starting to pay attention to all the players KG yells/glares/whatevers at in the course of the game, but I just can't be bothered. Thanks for doing it, though, I suppose that someone should.

Since you are a mod can you delete you delete your own account?

Real Men Wear Green
01-03-2009, 07:07 PM
I don't have the ability to ban, actually.

Godfather
01-03-2009, 07:48 PM
I don't have the ability to ban, actually.

There are several threads on the front page (KB24 Stiff #1) that I think you should handle.

Junny
01-05-2009, 07:20 AM
Regarding KG and his behaviour, yes you gotta be professional, and but you also gotta be a man. People says he's intense, he's smart because he gets into other player's heads. It's all true, but I think only to a certain extent. At some point "being intense" becomes "being a arse", "being smart" becomes "being a bytch", and so on. He's intense, passionate and smart, which is why he barks all day, gets into other player's heads, and avoids fights. All this is correct, I don't dispute that. However, how far can you take it? There has to be a point where if you go beyond that acceptable threshold, it no longer is behaviour that is "smart" or whatever. At some point you have to back it off a little bit, or actually get down and dirty. KG and the Celtics are winning, accomplishing his objectives, but at the same time how people perceive him is his own fault.

Sorry if this doesn't make any sense, but I can't be phucked proofreading. With that said, I like KG as a player, but as a person I think he's a wanker.

RonySeikalyFTL
01-05-2009, 09:31 AM
Regarding KG and his behaviour, yes you gotta be professional, and but you also gotta be a man. People says he's intense, he's smart because he gets into other player's heads. It's all true, but I think only to a certain extent. At some point "being intense" becomes "being a arse", "being smart" becomes "being a bytch", and so on. He's intense, passionate and smart, which is why he barks all day, gets into other player's heads, and avoids fights. All this is correct, I don't dispute that. However, how far can you take it? There has to be a point where if you go beyond that acceptable threshold, it no longer is behaviour that is "smart" or whatever. At some point you have to back it off a little bit, or actually get down and dirty. KG and the Celtics are winning, accomplishing his objectives, but at the same time how people perceive him is his own fault.

Sorry if this doesn't make any sense, but I can't be phucked proofreading. With that said, I like KG as a player, but as a person I think he's a wanker.

Sorry man, I understand what you're saying and all... but to describe KG as "smart" is like calling the sun blue. This idiot could barely pass the SAT.

I mean, is there any proof that KG's gay tactics actually help? The Celtics are playing great (well, not lately), but they also have a stacked team and without a doubt the best defensive system the NBA has seen in a long time (and before you start giving KG all the credit for that, look up assistant coach Tom Thibodeau's track record and honestly try to argue that KG is the one responisble here). If KG just went out there and played like a man and not a *****, I highly, HIGHLY doubt there would be any negative effects for this team.

gotbacon23
01-05-2009, 12:10 PM
i'm too lazy to read all the posts in this thread so this may have already been mention but i don't see what the big deal is. coaches teach players how to get away with fouls as young as high school. its part of the game. some high school coaches teach players how to get away with a jersey grab here, a tap on the elbow there, a knee bump here and there. no big deal- nearly every nba player tries to get away with fouls some way or another.

huppcap
01-05-2009, 12:50 PM
You can't hate on KG for this because everybody in the league does it. Shaq is the one who does the stepping on the foot thing the most, I've never seen anybody holding hands though.

Everyone in the league throws shoulders into guys when they are setting a screen!!?? See the Marco Belinelli pick recently. Garnett should have been suspended at least a game. It was intent to injure. Hell the refs did not even call a foul. Eddie House ends up hitting a 3. At least Golden State won.

What about elbows? Not every guy elbows other guys and tries to make it look accidental. ie. Portland game recently (Aldridge and Outlaw). And he generally only goes after smaller guys.

I am a Raptor. I have a good memory several years back when I saw the Raptors play the Timberwolves. Matt Bonner then on the Raps fouled Garnett hard. Garnett and Letrell 'I cannot feed my kids' Sprewell go after Bonner. Bonner of course gets kicked out even though the foul was nowhere near the crap Garnett pulls. As Bonner is walking out the arena he raises his arm and points with his index finger in the air. The Raptor crowd gives him a huge standing ovation. That was sweet!

Hope Voshkul or some other Rap player gives Garnett a taste of his own medicine this Sunday. Arrogant ass he is!

Boston gets so many calls and reversals when Garnett complains to the refs. The league needs to do something. (And don't get me going on the referring in general in the NBA.)

FindingTim
02-13-2009, 02:00 AM
Everyone in the league throws shoulders into guys when they are setting a screen!!?? See the Marco Belinelli pick recently. Garnett should have been suspended at least a game. It was intent to injure. Hell the refs did not even call a foul. Eddie House ends up hitting a 3. At least Golden State won.

What about elbows? Not every guy elbows other guys and tries to make it look accidental. ie. Portland game recently (Aldridge and Outlaw). And he generally only goes after smaller guys.

I am a Raptor. I have a good memory several years back when I saw the Raptors play the Timberwolves. Matt Bonner then on the Raps fouled Garnett hard. Garnett and Letrell 'I cannot feed my kids' Sprewell go after Bonner. Bonner of course gets kicked out even though the foul was nowhere near the crap Garnett pulls. As Bonner is walking out the arena he raises his arm and points with his index finger in the air. The Raptor crowd gives him a huge standing ovation. That was sweet!

Hope Voshkul or some other Rap player gives Garnett a taste of his own medicine this Sunday. Arrogant ass he is!

Boston gets so many calls and reversals when Garnett complains to the refs. The league needs to do something. (And don't get me going on the referring in general in the NBA.)

oh man, I'm glad someone in that KG thread below posted a link to this thread, or I would never have found this hilarious mistype :roll:

clayton
02-13-2009, 03:44 AM
NBA needs to upgrade their officiating. The ref staffs are pretty old and really need some young eyes nowadays. I'm in!!!:cheers: