PDA

View Full Version : tmac has officially quit on the rockets

DOMINATOR
01-02-2009, 09:57 PM
what a dumbass he is being. standing around mid court line just passing the ball off.
what more could he possibly want? this is the best team he has ever been on and will ever be on. time to trade him.

when the rockets announcers are calling him out ya know its bad.

#1SportsFan86
01-02-2009, 09:59 PM
Don't be surprised if he's with the Cavs after the trade deadline...I keep hearing the Rockets and almost every other team wants Wallys contract.

1~Gibson~1
01-02-2009, 10:01 PM
Don't be surprised if he's with the Cavs after the trade deadline...I keep hearing the Rockets and almost every other team wants Wallys contract.We dont want him. He's cursed with 1strounditis :no:

stephanieg
01-02-2009, 10:07 PM
Why would he quit on a 21-12 team? More likely he's playing injured, don't you think?

willds09
01-02-2009, 10:07 PM
Send him to the knicks so we can actually make the playoffs lol

3stat2
01-02-2009, 10:08 PM
Knee-back's knee or back are probably bothering him

Kujo
01-02-2009, 10:08 PM
what a dumbass he is being. standing around mid court line just passing the ball off.
what more could he possibly want? this is the best team he has ever been on and will ever be on. time to trade him.

when the rockets announcers are calling him out ya know its bad.

Yeah, TMAC looked horrible out there. No passion, just look likes he doesn't care out there. Rockets should definitely trade him. I think they'll loose in the first round of the playoffs as long as remains on the team.

AirGauge23
01-02-2009, 10:09 PM
He should sit out until he's as close to 100% as possible. He'll harm more than help the team by playing hurt.

Mississippi
01-02-2009, 10:10 PM
I always hear people say he's a top 5 sg when he's healthy, but is he ever healthy? I read somewhere that he wants to take back to back games off and rest up like Shaq does.

catzhernandez
01-02-2009, 10:12 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2834~532~429&teams=6~6~10&te=&cash=

Mavs get

Tracy McGrady
Chuck Hayes

Rockets get

Jason Kidd

Dallas trades Kidd and his expiring contract and only taking on another year in Mcgrady, so the risk isn't that much. They have Terry and Barea who play the point, so they'll be okay there, and they also get a top notch defender in Hayes.

The Rockets shed Mcgrady, get a still very productive Kidd, and also his expiring 21 mil at season's end.

Myth
01-02-2009, 10:12 PM
I always hear people say he's a top 5 sg when he's healthy, but is he ever healthy?

1~Gibson~1
01-02-2009, 10:14 PM
He should sit out until he's as close to 100% as possible. He'll harm more than help the team by playing hurt.No, No, No. If T-Mac wants to play, let him play. As a Cavs fan i'm perfectly OK with T-Mac playing on one foot

hoopaddict08
01-02-2009, 10:15 PM
T-Mac for Jermaine O'Neal injury prone for injury prone.

Kujo
01-02-2009, 10:16 PM
I always hear people say he's a top 5 sg when he's healthy, but is he ever healthy? I read somewhere that he wants to take back to back games off and rest up like Shaq does.

I think he was '00-06. The last couple of years, he just hasn't been the same player. Stat wise, he's having his worst season since his first two years in the league, when he didn't play at all. I think he maybe the oldest 30 year old in the NBA. We know he's banged up.

I know he's always had a laid back attitude on the court, but now it looks like he just doesn't care out there. The TMAC I see on the court right now is not capable of taking over games like he was before.

wTFaMonkey
01-02-2009, 10:17 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2834~532~429&teams=6~6~10&te=&cash=

Mavs get

Tracy McGrady
Chuck Hayes

Rockets get

Jason Kidd

Dallas trades Kidd and his expiring contract and only taking on another year in Mcgrady, so the risk isn't that much. They have Terry and Barea who play the point, so they'll be okay there, and they also get a top notch defender in Hayes.

The Rockets shed Mcgrady, get a still very productive Kidd, and also his expiring 21 mil at season's end.
****... I'll be willing to trade tmac for a bag of jockstraps for all I care

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

sammdogg
01-02-2009, 10:18 PM
isnt he 2nd in west all star guards?

DOMINATOR
01-02-2009, 10:21 PM
Why would he quit on a 21-12 team? More likely he's playing injured, don't you think?
tmac doesnt know whats hurt on tmac. he wanted to sit out awhile. then artest hurt his ankle so now tmac said hes good to play. so management figures hes fine to play. now that ron's back tmac wants to go sit on his ass. management won't let him. i think that's the main problem.
and he DID quit tonight. PERIOD no way around it.
he scored 4 points in 30 minutes. (rest of the starters played bad but tmac was just blatantly doing nothing on purpose)

von wafer got 18 pts in 12 minutes.

ElPigto
01-02-2009, 10:22 PM
I invite all Rockets fans to the rarely used team forum. We need to vent and perhaps it'd be better to talks amongst ourselves over there.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=115050

ElPigto
01-02-2009, 10:23 PM

This is now bullsh!t.

Ron and Battier are injured and they aren't playing sh!tty.

What load of sh!t. I'm sorry but this is no longer an excuse.

J000
01-02-2009, 10:24 PM
From what I saw when they pointed the cameras to him in the first quarter and when he missed a shot he looked real neutral, like he didn't care. I guess that put a dent on the Rocket fans. Even the Raptor commentator notices it, Jack bashing on T-Mac :oldlol:

Mississippi
01-02-2009, 10:24 PM
Does T-mac for VC make any sence? I think Mac's contract expires in 2010 and VC, Artest, and Yao could put Houston over the top.

wTFaMonkey
01-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Does T-mac for VC make any sence? I think Mac's contract expires in 2010 and VC, Artest, and Yao could put Houston over the top.

you know what? That would be a Perfect trade. Ill take anything for TB!TCH

trig
01-02-2009, 10:27 PM
Houston should trade Tmac while he still has some value. I really dont get it why Houston is considered as contenders. Their top 2 players are injury prone, and even artest is. The chances of having an injured player come playoff time is just too high. Gotta trade some of them

CasterL
01-02-2009, 10:28 PM
didnt see the game, but tmacs always been a fav player of mine, i hope he would have the class to play and not just quit on team. rockets on paper are one of the best teams in the leauge if every1 is 100 percent, dont know why he thinks he could do better elsehwere

Mississippi
01-02-2009, 10:29 PM
Wait WTF? Von "I got posterized by Kirk Snyder" Wafer had 18 points in 12 minutes and TMac had only 4 in 29?

Qwyjibo
01-02-2009, 10:30 PM
Why would NJ do that when they can likely get a much better return if they decide to trade Carter?

Mississippi
01-02-2009, 10:31 PM
Why would NJ do that when they can likely get a much better return if they decide to trade Carter?
Like what?

picc84
01-02-2009, 10:50 PM
The last time I saw the Rockets play, against the Bucks I think, it looked like he could barely move. Literally.

rox fa sho
01-02-2009, 11:18 PM
this thread proves that most nba fans are stupid

rockets are playing 3 b2b in a row w/ a banged up roster. already have a good record. tmac shouldnt of played in november instead use that entire month or most of it to heal his knee but of corse rox always have a tough november so he decided to playto make sure rox wouldnt be entering january w/ a 10-25 record.

belvie it or not teams dont win every game they should, specially when they have 3 straight b2bs w/ a banged up roster. thats a lot to ask for and think of wat the other team is doing. they know about wat other teams injureis are and their schedule, etc, they take advantage of w/e weaknesses are present.

rox play hawks tomarrow and hawks are a better win than toronto. bostons is a better win than philly and i dont care if philly blows houston out of the water, last game vs boston during a tough schedule but o well.

tmac is no where near 100%. hes not gonna be diving for crazy rebounds or trying any super athletic stuff, not when his knee is hurting. thats why the rox brought ron to the team, to deal w/ tmacs injuries. so far its working but not that well but the 2 least important months of the nba season have passed and rox have a good record.

once tmacs knee is back everyone will get back on his bandwagon again.

stfu and learn basketball you ****ing idiots.

Rockets(T-mac)
01-03-2009, 12:09 AM

rockets are playing 3 b2b in a row w/ a banged up roster. already have a good record. tmac shouldnt of played in november instead use that entire month or most of it to heal his knee but of corse rox always have a tough november so he decided to playto make sure rox wouldnt be entering january w/ a 10-25 record.

belvie it or not teams dont win every game they should, specially when they have 3 straight b2bs w/ a banged up roster. thats a lot to ask for and think of wat the other team is doing. they know about wat other teams injureis are and their schedule, etc, they take advantage of w/e weaknesses are present.

rox play hawks tomarrow and hawks are a better win than toronto. bostons is a better win than philly and i dont care if philly blows houston out of the water, last game vs boston during a tough schedule but o well.

tmac is no where near 100%. hes not gonna be diving for crazy rebounds or trying any super athletic stuff, not when his knee is hurting. thats why the rox brought ron to the team, to deal w/ tmacs injuries. so far its working but not that well but the 2 least important months of the nba season have passed and rox have a good record.

Yeah I wish I could believe that, but after the 500 time it has been said it kind of gets old..... what you said could be true but effort tonight was just disgusting, he was better off sitting out the game instead of looking like he didn't give a **** out there.

Richie2k6
01-03-2009, 12:12 AM
I have nothing against the Rockets, their fans, or McGrady himself, but I have no idea why they haven't traded him after all this time yet. I just don't see why their front office thinks it's best to keep him.

amfirst
01-03-2009, 12:13 AM
The thing with Tmac is that he is good, but against good defenders he is useless and it really hurts the team, especially in the playoffs.

"Jesus"
01-03-2009, 12:14 AM

Learn how to spell.

Silent Mav
01-03-2009, 12:15 AM
It's no secret Tmac is not healthy. And he's still a threat to go off at any moment. But the lack of passion and emotion on the court really baffles me. I didn't expect to see that at all.

"Jesus"
01-03-2009, 12:18 AM
He always looks uninterested on the court. But I didn't see this one, any youtube links up yet?

Lakas Fan Yo
01-03-2009, 12:30 AM
McGrady is a born loser and the biggest underachiever in league history. I doubt this time some GM is dumb enough to give anything good up for him.

Babalu
01-03-2009, 12:46 AM
the front office wont trade him because they have a billion chinese people buying his jersey alongside yao's and making him one of the most popular bball players in the world just for playing next to yao.

wTFaMonkey
01-03-2009, 01:01 AM

who are you?:violin:

Lakas Fan Yo
01-03-2009, 01:07 AM
the front office wont trade him because they have a billion chinese people buying his jersey alongside yao's and making him one of the most popular bball players in the world just for playing next to yao.

I fail to get this logic. You make it sound like Chinese people have no thoughts of their own. I would bet money that the Chinese fans would love to get rid of him from the Rockets if it would help Yao get out of the first round of the playoffs.

bada bing
01-03-2009, 01:40 AM
Tmac makes Vince Carter look like Kobe Bryant. now thats crazy.

Diesel J
01-03-2009, 01:53 AM
...uhh, it was just a couple of weeks ago where he had 2 triple doubles:confusedshrug:

InspiredLebowski
01-03-2009, 01:58 AM
McGrady is a born loser and the biggest underachiever in league history. I doubt this time some GM is dumb enough to give anything good up for him.

He's certainly an underachiever, but ever? Derrick Coleman.

brantonli
01-03-2009, 01:58 AM

Look, most Rockets fans are hating on T-mac because he just doesn't try anymore. Did you watch today's game? Do you remember Mcgrady's triple double earlier in the season? I doubt there's anything different about Mcgrady since the Warriors game except for his attitude. Plus, I think Mcgrady's vertical is still pretty good, he went for some darn high rebounds today and a few games ago, and last game jumped really high for a goaltend, so don't tell me that he is actually suffering.

If he is playing badly, and is actually damaging the team, then why should anybody follow him blindly and continue to support him? If he gets better and plays better, then I will put my full support behind him, but until he shows up and plays better than Ryan Bowen, he can *** * ** *** *** *******. (and I've got no idea what those * acutally mean).

...uhh, it was just a couple of weeks ago where he had 2 triple doubles

Um, did you watch today's game? Or the last? Or the Cleveland one?

ZHAKIDD532
01-03-2009, 02:03 AM
I think he's still playing hurt, which is stupid. It's the middle of the season, if you're hurt, don't play. The only time you should be doing that is from April on...it's just not good for your own team. See New York Jets: Brett Favre...

ronnymac
01-03-2009, 02:06 AM
I said it in the game thread, he isnt as limited as he looks. he just dosent care anymore. just 5 game ago he had a triple double. the game before that he had 24-12-9. he just looks like he isnt happy. i think we gotta get rid of him asap.

kentatm
01-03-2009, 02:09 AM

Mavs get

Tracy McGrady
Chuck Hayes

Rockets get

Jason Kidd

HELL NO

that would cause the Mavs to MISS the playoffs.

wTFaMonkey
01-03-2009, 02:13 AM
http://blogs.chron.com/franblinebury/2009/01/sittin_on_the_dock_of_the_bay.html

Sittin' On the Dock of the Bay: Raptors 94, Rockets 73

I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watchin' the tide roll away, ooh
I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time.

Mark it down.

It was Jan. 2, 2009, 1:16 left in the third quarter, when there was a seismic shift in the Rockets' world, when the tectonic plates opened up and swallowed an era.

The official play-by-play sheet simply says: Jamario Moon slam dunk.

Anybody who was watching at the Air Canada Centre or on TV knows it was the precise moment that Tracy McGrady quit on the Rockets.

Yao Ming knows it. You could read it all over his scowling face as he sat on the bench through the final embarrassing minutes of horrid game.

Rick Adelman knows it. You could read it between the lines of his post-game comments when he said he would not talk about any individual performances.

Ron Artest knows it. You could tell that a week ago when Artest dragged his sore and ballooning right ankle onto the court to gut out an overtime win against the Jazz when McGrady made himself a late scratch during the post parade.

Leslie Alexander knows it and Daryl Morey knows it and every one of McGrady's teammates knows it.

One could hope that Dikembe Mutombo was back in Houston watching and will arrive in Atlanta with his leadership in the form of a big stick.

Truth be told, it wouldn't make a difference, wouldn't matter. It would only elicit a few more whimpering excuses from McGrady and more disappointment down the line.

Oh, it was so much more than just 2-for-9 shooting and 4 points in 27 minutes. It was aimless shuffling around the court on offense and defense. It was standing five feet behind the 3-point line, feet rooted to one spot, and simply playing pitch and catch with the ball.

It was Moon driving in from the right side of the basket and seeing McGrady stop running, practically hold the door open and offering to carry Moon's books home from school as he went by for a dunk that would have been more contested in the pre-game layup line.

"McGrady could have made some kind of effort," said veteran play-by-play man Bill Worrell.

"You don't just give somebody an open dunk," said color commentator Matt Bullard.

For crying out loud, these guys are paid employees of the team and they had the guts and integrity to say out loud what everybody sitting at home and falling off their sofas knows.

It was the body language from the opening minutes of the game to the bitter, pathetic end that screamed out loud that McGrady would rather have been any other place on the planet than on that court with that team.

It is a waste of time and effort to go back over all of his empty promises and contradictions from the start of training camp or over his four-plus seasons in Houston.

Just say this: He is an extraordinary talent - T-Mac - who is capable of taking your breath away. Yet as a competitor - Tiny Tim-mac - he can be blown away in a gentle breeze.

This is not the first time that McGrady has revealed himself, having bailed out on the Raptors as an up-and-coming phenom and quit - flat-out admitting publicly that he didn't try - on the Magic to get himself traded out of Orlando.

Thus, it was only a matter of when it would happen to the Rockets. They paid him a sultan's fortune. They coddled him. They praised him. They made every excuse and accommodation for him.

After the Utah fiasco, he promised Morey and Adelman that he would increase his energy level and play hard. The general manager and head coach put their own egos aside and agreed to an unprecedented - and preposterous - notion that he would only have to play one game in back-to-back sets.

Then McGrady went out on Friday night (he's already planning to sit Saturday in Atlanta) and half-stepped it against the Raptors, never getting himself into the game, never finding a rhythm and, ultimately, walking out the back door on them.

This was more than just the latest in a sickly string of games where he's scored 12, 4, 11, 15, 7 and 4 points (8.8 avg.) and shot 20-63 (.317). It was the night when the Rockets organization - everyone from front office to the last player on the end of the bench - had their darkest fears about T-Mac confirmed.

Oh, the Rockets likely won't trade him away. They have themselves boxed in with his huge contract and his deteriorating body.

What they need to do at this point is move on without him. Turn the page on the McGrady Era. The team belongs now to Yao and Ron-Ron - a couple of guys who never shortchange you on effort - and a supporting cast that is pretty damn good.

If McGrady wants to rehab his sore left knee or run off to a retreat and get his chakras back in balance, let him. If he wants to return to the club somewhere down the road in a few weeks or few months and contribute a few - or a few dozen - big buckets in a playoff game, well, they'll be appreciated. But they won't be expected.

Because with 1:16 left in the third quarter on a Friday night in Toronto, Jamario Moon's red-carpet-escort dunk slammed home a point that some of the Rockets had begun to suspect. They can never truly count on T-Mac again. Ever.

Quitting is the stain that won't wash out.

The Bleeding Has Begun

Diesel J
01-03-2009, 02:18 AM
Um, did you watch today's game? Or the last? Or the Cleveland one?

Dude is obviously playing hurt....:confusedshrug:

wTFaMonkey
01-03-2009, 02:20 AM
Dude is obviously playing hurt....:confusedshrug:
So how is he miraculously getting all of these triple-doubles?

come on. tmac has no fire what so ever. I'm done with him. The team is ron and yaos

SLY
01-03-2009, 02:21 AM
no things are not bad like they seem. what !!!!! biggy

Diesel J
01-03-2009, 02:22 AM
So how is he miraculously getting all of these triple-doubles?

come on. tmac has no fire what so ever. I'm done with him. The team is ron and yaos

He got those triple doubles right after he came back fresh from resting:confusedshrug:

wTFaMonkey
01-03-2009, 02:27 AM
He got those triple doubles right after he came back fresh from resting:confusedshrug:

pshh.... excuses..

He is already playing 1 out of 2 games on back2backers.

He already admitted to being upset for getting the lack of shots
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6191744.html

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

picc84
01-03-2009, 02:30 AM
http://blogs.chron.com/franblinebury/2009/01/sittin_on_the_dock_of_the_bay.html

The Bleeding Has Begun

Holee crap.

I thought you guys were just being melodramatic.

ronnymac
01-03-2009, 02:31 AM
He dosent get enough shots because as soon as he gets he passes it. he even admited that he wants to be the playmaker from here on. now he is complaining about shots?. bi-polar SOB. maybe if you attacked the damn rim instead of hoisting bricks from all over the court, you would get shots.

ronnymac
01-03-2009, 02:34 AM
Holee crap.

I thought you guys were just being melodramatic.
Adelman and McGrady do not like eachother. tmac is still loyal to JVG it seems and was'nt very happy he was canned. we need to get rid of mcgrady asap.

SCY
01-03-2009, 02:34 AM
I'm as pissed off with McGrady's sh.tty play as anyone, but I think you guys are overreacting. Now, I missed tonight's game (saw the highlight), but a lot of times if you're pissed off at the situation you might quit on a play. It's not admirable, but it happens. And just because he's had a few good games doesn't necessarily mean he's not that injured, or he's dogging it some nights. I'm not saying for sure that he isn't but why would he at this point? He definitely didn't quit on the team when things were looking bleak after Yao went out with an injury last season. Give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

L.Kizzle
01-03-2009, 02:35 AM
McGrady is my favorite player, but if this is true, I can't defend this.

I remember a few years back he was playin' crappy because something happened with his family or something like that ... but he better not be quitting.

picc84
01-03-2009, 02:36 AM
Is there any way to see this play? The Moon dunk that supposedly was the smoking gun?

SCY
01-03-2009, 02:37 AM
Is there any way to see this play? The Moon dunk that supposedly was the smoking gun?

Play starts at 1:11.

http://www.nba.com/video/games/raptors/2009/01/02/nba_hou_tor_0020800474_recap.nba/index.html?player=whatsnew

brantonli
01-03-2009, 02:38 AM
^Dude trust me, watch the game, and you'll probably come back fuming.

And Diesel J, I'm of the opionin that if he is hurt, then he shouldn't play, flat out. None of this 'oh maybe,

D-Rose
01-03-2009, 02:38 AM
Didn't Detroit offer Tayshaun and Chauncey for T Mac in the offseason? That would have been the biggest steal ever for the Rockets...

T-Mac for a bag of chips and Eddy Curry?

picc84
01-03-2009, 02:44 AM

http://www.nba.com/video/games/raptors/2009/01/02/nba_hou_tor_0020800474_recap.nba/index.html?player=whatsnew

Tmac looks like a gimp. I'm surprised he even ran back on defense. He just can't move. I'm not sure it was him quitting, he just couldn't do it.

3stat2
01-03-2009, 02:47 AM
T-Mac for a bag of chips and Eddy Curry?
That wouldn't work, Curry would eat the chips on the way to Houston

wTFaMonkey
01-03-2009, 02:48 AM
Tmac looks like a gimp. I'm surprised he even ran back on defense. He just can't move. I'm not sure it was him quitting, he just couldn't do it.

You should've seen the next position. it is disgusting.

All he did was wait 7-8 feet behind the 3pt line to get back to defense.

it was :banghead:

L.Kizzle
01-03-2009, 02:48 AM
Also, why would he be quitting. It's not like the team is in a bad position or anything. I didn't watch the game so I wouldn't know ...

LAShow24
01-03-2009, 02:52 AM
Guy is averaging 15.0 ppg / 4.9 apg / 4.6 rpg / 39.0 % FG on the season

kobesabi
01-03-2009, 02:57 AM
He didn't do his Tai Chi

w00terz
01-03-2009, 03:02 AM

Holy ****, T-Mac's body language.... :wtf: Did you see the way he was running up and down the court? He was running like a kid with down syndrome.

dogman652
01-03-2009, 03:03 AM
he's got 2 decent seasons left in him, if his body can stay in one piece (it doesn't look good so far). After that, he'll probably be a mediocre washed up sorta player, but he'll have a role on some team somewhere. But no, i say he'll stay in the league for at least 4 or 5 more years.

dogman652
01-03-2009, 03:05 AM
Holy ****, T-Mac's body language.... :wtf: Did you see the way he was running up and down the court? He was running like a kid with down syndrome.

nobody said that injuries 100 percent yet, or even 70 for that matter. i wouldn't be suprised if he's playing on an injury.

picc84
01-03-2009, 03:08 AM
nobody said that injuries 100 percent yet, or even 70 for that matter. i wouldn't be suprised if he's playing on an injury.

You wouldn't be surprised? Did you see him? He looks like he should be in a wheelchair.

AirGauge23
01-03-2009, 03:14 AM
That vid doesn't show up for me, but I found highlights on Youtube.

Is it the play at 3:33?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veMp3vOSjnQ

DuMa
01-03-2009, 03:17 AM
wow. tmac does not look anything like himself. he is too hobbled and probably has constant back pain. how sad because only 6 years ago, he was dominating the league in an orlando swing man jersey

w00terz
01-03-2009, 03:33 AM
Well, he definitely looks injured and clearly weak. I don't understand why the coaching staff and the FO wants him out on the floor when he's in that kind of shape. However, I think some of it has to do with his "heart" and his will to play. He seems very apathetic, almost lashing out like a child who isn't getting his way. He owes it to the team, his fans, and the city of Houston. If he is really that injured, he should tell the staff he can't play!

L.Kizzle
01-03-2009, 03:37 AM
Well, he definitely looks injured and clearly weak. I don't understand why the coaching staff and the FO wants him out on the floor when he's in that kind of shape. However, I think some of it has to do with his "heart" and his will to play. He seems very apathetic, almost lashing out like a child who isn't getting his way. He owes it to the team, his fans, and the city of Houston. If he is really that injured, he should tell the staff he can't play!
That's the thing. Everyone is Huston is always coming down hard on him for not playing, so he;s out there playing, injured and all. He can't please eevrybody.

stephanieg
01-03-2009, 03:44 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3219/3141516589_0203c73575_o.jpg

Do you know how hard it is to hit a shot with only one eye on the basket? Leave T-Mac alone! He just needs some special treatment and he'll be fine.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3091/3162691096_887b4b373e_o.jpg

ronnymac
01-03-2009, 04:07 AM
I can understand his knee is limiting movement, but for christ sake his body language and pouting is very inapropriate. he is the teams supposed leader and best player. atleast try to lead by example. make an effort. dont side step you're defensive duties. if he tried a little more, he could easily still be an amazing player.

AllenIverson3
01-03-2009, 04:07 AM
Ya hes pissin me off cuz he was one of the best players like 5 years ago and now he dropped off hard and hes only 29...I mean come on T Mac wtf?

Diesel J
01-03-2009, 04:22 AM
[QUOTE=brantonli]^Dude trust me, watch the game, and you'll probably come back fuming.

[b]And Diesel J, I'm of the opionin that if he is hurt, then he shouldn't play, flat out. None of this 'oh maybe,

01-03-2009, 04:30 AM
What the hell is Yao doing? Just sitting back watching his team maybe going to hell? I thought Yao wanted to be a leader. Look how he was a leader for the China Olympic team.

Now watch Ron Ron will act up now also. Has bleeding has started for the Rockets?

When is Yao going to take control of this team? I was hoping he would show the same passion in Houston as he did in the Olmpics. Who is the leader of the Rockets?

Goku
01-03-2009, 04:42 AM
What the hell is Yao doing? Just sitting back watching his team maybe going to hell? I thought Yao wanted to be a leader. Look how he was a leader for the China Olympic team.

Now watch Ron Ron will act up now also. Has bleeding has started for the Rockets?

When is Yao going to take control of this team? I was hoping he would show the same passion in Houston as he did in the Olmpics. Who is the leader of the Rockets?

There is no way yao can have the same kind of pride playing along side someone who cares as little as mcgrady than he can playing for his country. You cant take pride in a teammate like mcgrady, at least not right now. Bleed for those who will bleed for you my friend

U got Served
01-03-2009, 04:45 AM
OMFG T-Mac is such a ****ing *****. I know he's injured but his body language just tells me he doesnt care. what an ass complaining how he's always been the underdog in every playoff series. has never been in a good team, now that he has a team he's gonna quit? ****ing lazyass! Even Bill Warell and Matt Bullard had to call him out. "the rockets are basically playing 4 on 5 right now" refering how sorry t-mac was. he was just getting the ball in the 3 pt line and passing it. then he's complaining about shots. he has to ****ing understand he's not the same ****ing player he was in Orlando. you dont take as many shot because you gonna be brickin' most of them dumbass.

I'm sorry. I just had to, just had to say that. ****ing sorryass Tracy McGrady.

w00terz
01-03-2009, 05:14 AM
That's the thing. Everyone is Huston is always coming down hard on him for not playing, so he;s out there playing, injured and all. He can't please eevrybody.

It's definitely a catch-22 for him. He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. However, I still think it's better to take a few games off rather than put on that kind of performance. It looks way worse when you have video footage of him struggling to get up court than to have him sitting on the bench with a tux cheering on his cohorts. Since I'm not a huge fan of the Rockets, I don't fully know the whole dynamics of the situation. What do you think?

01-03-2009, 05:39 AM
you know whats funny? A few weeks ago Tmac fans were comparing him to Brandon Roy and Deron Williams.

Both Carter and KneeMac and washed up for the most part.

Day La Ghetto
01-03-2009, 05:51 AM
could he being playing bad on purpose because he wants out?

DCL
01-03-2009, 06:12 AM
can't believe how fast he dropped off. he was still sorta relevant like about half a minute ago. then blink an eye and he literally starts sucking donkey balls.

ronnymac
01-03-2009, 06:14 AM
There is no way yao can have the same kind of pride playing along side someone who cares as little as mcgrady than he can playing for his country. You cant take pride in a teammate like mcgrady, at least not right now. Bleed for those who will bleed for you my friend
Yao's leadership or lack of it if you will is just as bad as tmacs. there both followers and not leaders.

Jordandunk23
01-03-2009, 06:20 AM
everybody's emotion is based off the last game basically. im not going to lie, i stopped watching it. t-mac is injured thats obvious. i think somebody made a good point, maybe he does want out of houston. i know he is injured but theres also a lack of effort and care. i dont know about you guys but from what i see, i dont think tmac likes artest too much... so im interested to see how it all turns out.

another good point posted, WHO ISS THE LEADER OF THE ROCKETS? t-mac is labeled the captain but it really doesnt seem like it. Yao is only a leader by performance and not really by vocal. i dont think the team looks at artest like a leader...

my suggestion, try to block out the memory of the game (easier for me because i stopped watching) and just let it ride out for a little bit. lets just see what happens in a week, maybe two.

ScolaFan
01-03-2009, 07:00 AM
If he is that injured or hurting why in the world would the coaching staff/trainers/doctors on staff, let him play????

Good grief.

Qdouble
01-03-2009, 08:30 AM
Does anyone the ESPN interview he had several years ago, when the injuries started and he was looking pretty tired. He said he was dealing with some personal problems like the death of his mother-in-law and other things. When the interviewer said he was supposedly going through depression, he had a nervous twitch and laughter as a response.

Yes, he's injured, but starting with that last season in Orlando until now, he has seemed to lack that fire. The last time I've seen T-Mac really into it was that first round series against the Mavs several years back.

ronnymac
01-03-2009, 09:30 AM
[QUOTE=Jordandunk23]everybody's emotion is based off the last game basically. no it's not. it's based of the last 5 games. after he came back he got 24 points 12 boards 9 assists. the very nex game he got 22 points 14 boards 10 assists IN 3 QUARTERS OF BASKETBALL. then he went into his depression or funk. his physical condition hasnt dropped off since those games. it's his mental situation is that holding him back. he gives up to quickly. the guy can still be an devestating force, but he dosent have the audacity or will power to push himself. thats whats so frustrating. if he was finished interms of physical ability and you knew he had extracted the last aounce of energy and will out of himself, then i could be ok. but he is just dogging it.

Yung D-Will
01-03-2009, 09:58 AM
The T-mac you know quit on the rockets. The T-mac I know never left Orlando

halffttime
01-03-2009, 10:24 AM

humphries lay-up at 143 has to be one of the ugliest lay-up ever.. lol just something about him i find funny

Jumpshot Virus
01-03-2009, 10:39 AM
This is very significant if you're a McGrady fan. Going back 5-7 years, this guy was the "next big thing" in this league, a sure-shot-lock HOF / championship destined type player. My my, how have things changed.

I'll never get over that Pistons VS Magic series where T-Mac was jaw dropped, and I don't think he'll ever get over it either. In fact, that series has haunted him ever since, and even though he was still a superstar level player years after, it has still cursed him for life.

He's nothing but a joke these days. OK, he's injured. He stays injured. I'm not saying it's his fault, he's a very unlucky guy. He really is, but I don't feel sorry for him either. I don't know why, but there's something about this guy that just screams "no one feels sorry for you, so stop feeling so much self pity for yourself and grow the phuck up" ...

sick_brah07
01-03-2009, 10:47 AM
The T-mac you know quit on the rockets. The T-mac I know never left Orlando

tmac should have never left orlando

jernejtera
01-03-2009, 11:10 AM
didn't you saw that counter attack that moon had. t-mac was way ahead of him but moon was just running and he got ahead of t-mac and then dunk it. to me it looked like t-mac barley ran. i think he's injured. but he wants to play. i don't think he quit on rockets but it's true he doesn't have that passion

ElPigto
01-03-2009, 11:10 AM
Come Kizzle and SCY. How many times this season has either Brantoli, Rockets (Tmac), and myself really been hard on T-mac. I think for the most part of the season we've defended T-mac.

T-mac is on his fifth season with the Rockets, not think back, how many times have I ever complained and questioned his heart? How many times have I defended him against every isher out there?

You really think I would just turn on him for the hell of it. We have a nice record, not elite, but a decent record. We have a great team. Would I (or any of the posters I mentioned above) really turn on T-mac just for the bloody hell of it? T-mac has been one of my favorite players for years, but it was clear after watching the game tonight that he didn't want to play. All he had to do was tell coach, I'm hurting just take me out of the game. Hell why not just take the whole freakin month and go rehab?

I been watching Rockets basketball since their championship years and this is the first time I've watched a player quit on us. I've never seen someone give such a horrible performance not even trying to play. Even Worrell and Bullard (always supporting T-mac) could not explain what the f*ck was going on the court.

This is truly a sad day for a Rockets fan because for the first time ever I feel that this is the end of the T-mac era in Houston. I hope to be proven wrong. I hope he shoves all my comments up my a$$. After yesterday though, I am no longer a Tracy McGrady fan.

LAShow24
01-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Tmac for Arenas.

Rockets(T-mac)
01-03-2009, 12:08 PM
I remember seeing him for the first time on Orlando (I know him from his Toronto days, but didn't really take an appeal to him) I was amazed at the quickness and smoothness of his game. How he could take over a game and not break a sweat. Those days are long gone.

It's really hard as a fan to see him so badly injured and on top of that give no effort at all. If you have noticed I haven't called him "T-mac in awhile, why? Because T-mac is the McGrady that would take over games and win them for us, the one that would dig us out of holes, the one that would lead us to 22 game win streaks, the McGrady out there right now is nothing like that.

It's just sad, I so pissed that I want him traded, just 5 months ago I was saying no to that Billups trade, because I thought that T-mac was still there, sucks for us.

Anyways more news, apparently McGrady might play tonight....:banghead::banghead:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6191980.html

Plan could change

In the first back-to-back of his plan to play one game when the Rockets play two in as many nights, Tracy McGrady played against the Raptors on Friday and said, “Tonight’s the night.”
He, coach Rick Adelman and trainer Keith Jones did, however, seem to leave open the possibility McGrady would play against the Hawks tonight, likely depending on how he reacts to playing and to the flight.
“With Shane (Battier) out, it’s kind of difficult for Coach to really have me sit out, not knowing how Ron (Artest’s) ankle is going to respond, cold weather, and then traveling tonight,” McGrady said.
McGrady said the decision to play in Toronto had nothing to do with beginning his career with the Raptors, but he said his return did remind him of good times and of his role then.
“When I was playing here, I was more what I always envisioned myself being, especially my third year: defending, rebounding,” McGrady said. “That was the only way I could get on the basketball court. When I (went) to Orlando, my role reversed, and I had to become a scorer. Now I think I reverted to not taking as many shots and becoming a facilitator. The offense is not really there because mentally, I’m not there with my legs.”
God damnit McGrady did you not learn anything from lGod damnit McGradycking sit out until you are ready to contribute, atleast you won't be hurting us.

ronnymac
01-03-2009, 12:16 PM
Free von WAFER. no more tmac and head. FREE WAFER

brantonli
01-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Lol, I really like that 'KneeMac'. Damn that is funny.

Then I remember the last few games.

Honestly, I would not bash him for missing the next 10 games or however long it takes for him to recover. I've only been a Rockets fan for, what, 3 years? and I never try to bash anybody, even when Alston attempted the most three pointers in Rockets history, when McGrady and ao both went down with injuries, I never bashed them. But if a player gives a complete lack of effort, then I just can't stand it.....

Man, and I thought I had finished venting hours ago. Our record really betrays how badly we've played in the last 3-4 games...

b4ball
01-03-2009, 02:11 PM
I think a lot of the Rockets fans had been deluding themselves, not wanting to see who T-Mac really was. T-Mac could flash like few others, but flash was all you saw. A flickering bulb with a weak filament.

He didn't give up on the Rockets, he just gave up, like he has so many other times. I never believed that the Rockets would go any where with him. It just took too long for you to find out.

As far as his injuries, he really really believes he's injured, but his pain threshold is about on par with his cousin, Wince.

In a lot of way we should be glad he played basketball, because one inside fastball would have ended his baseball career.

Excuses are all you hear from him, how much pain he's playing in, how injured he is, how everybody else around him don't understand and step up and win it for him, cause he's hurt.

His melon is weak, and he's got no cajones, it's not his fault, it's just who he is.

And the Rockets, with any other above average player in his place would have easily gotten through at least one first round.

JayGuevara
01-03-2009, 02:39 PM
The Rockets need leadership, Yao has always seemed too reserved and quiet to be a true leader, T-Mac has always seemed more laid back, nonchalant, whatever you wanna call it. Artest may not be mentally stable enough to provide leadership, but I think he might be the best option right now? Skip? I don't think so. I always figured Battier to be just more of a calming influence, but not necessarily a leader. Where's Mutumbo? Maybe he can do somethin. Even Adelman, he's a good coach, but not the type like a Sloan or Riley or Phil or even Larry Brown where he commands respect from the players.

Maybe a bigger Rockets fan can explain it to me, where is the leadership on the Rockets? Or am I close enough in the above there?

DOMINATOR
01-03-2009, 03:11 PM
The Rockets need leadership, Yao has always seemed too reserved and quiet to be a true leader, T-Mac has always seemed more laid back, nonchalant, whatever you wanna call it. Artest may not be mentally stable enough to provide leadership, but I think he might be the best option right now? Skip? I don't think so. I always figured Battier to be just more of a calming influence, but not necessarily a leader. Where's Mutumbo? Maybe he can do somethin. Even Adelman, he's a good coach, but not the type like a Sloan or Riley or Phil or even Larry Brown where he commands respect from the players.

Maybe a bigger Rockets fan can explain it to me, where is the leadership on the Rockets? Or am I close enough in the above there?
you got it. there is no leader. if someone plays bad they aren't accountable.

Jordandunk23
01-03-2009, 04:25 PM
everybody's emotion is based off the last game basically. no it's not. it's based of the last 5 games. after he came back he got 24 points 12 boards 9 assists. the very nex game he got 22 points 14 boards 10 assists IN 3 QUARTERS OF BASKETBALL. then he went into his depression or funk. his physical condition hasnt dropped off since those games. it's his mental situation is that holding him back. he gives up to quickly. the guy can still be an devestating force, but he dosent have the audacity or will power to push himself. thats whats so frustrating. if he was finished interms of physical ability and you knew he had extracted the last aounce of energy and will out of himself, then i could be ok. but he is just dogging it.

yeah it all sorta balled up, but last game was the game that everybody got riled up. there is a very slim chance we get anything good in a trade because there is a slim chance anybody takes a chance on t-mac. his only upside is he expires in 2010. we cant do anything but just wait and see. i trust the organization.

Allstar24
01-03-2009, 04:29 PM
T-mac will respond with a triple double in the next game (after he sits out today) and all will be forgotten...fans always overreact.

ElPigto
01-03-2009, 05:59 PM
T-mac will respond with a triple double in the next game (after he sits out today) and all will be forgotten...fans always overreact.

It will take more than just one good game for me to forgive him.

I don't care about lousy performances but to quit on your team that's where I draw the line.

Human Error
01-03-2009, 06:14 PM
you know whats funny? A few weeks ago Tmac fans were comparing him to Brandon Roy and Deron Williams.

Both Carter and KneeMac and washed up for the most part.
Carter still can ball. But McGrady is done. Like Eddie Van Halen.

sommervilleCdn
01-03-2009, 06:33 PM
Do you know how hard it is to hit a shot with only one eye on the basket? Leave T-Mac alone! He just needs some special treatment and he'll be fine.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3091/3162691096_887b4b373e_o.jpg

why did ppl ignore (for the most part) this brilliant pic. :lol The game comes secondary to him. He likes the masseuse, that comes after

fark u mac for leaving your cousin. You coulda been first option in 01-02 when vc of the raps was rehabbing. If ya been alittle more patient, that chance woulda came (hypothetical)...and in the process learn how hard, it is too carry a team by yourself. And maybe appreciate the talent that you had in vince.

/don't care for tmac
//jaded a bit

J000
01-03-2009, 06:46 PM
I like when he gave the triple double back after his injury it had some Rockets fans baffled.

Lakas Fan Yo
01-03-2009, 06:57 PM
The Houston Chronicle site has one of their writers claiming that team doctors and also an independent and one of the "best" doctors in the US have both examined his knee and said there is nothing wrong with it at all and that he is NOT injured.

That is the end of it right there IMO. This guy is giving up for some reason. He might be doing just like he did to Orlando when he tanked to get traded.

hassano
01-03-2009, 07:15 PM
The funny thing is i saw this coming, this being that neither Quitter or Kneemac win a championship ring, and always be considered as GREAT underachievers...

Its a thing called karma, and i kno theres a raptor fan with a voodoo doll of both of them smiling somewhere, look closely to the highlights you might see him

L.Kizzle
01-04-2009, 01:24 AM
T-Mac didn't quit. No way he and Ron Ron would be laughing on the bench today in Atlanta (both didn't play) if that would have happened.

macmac
01-04-2009, 02:22 AM
T-Mac didn't quit. No way he and Ron Ron would be laughing on the bench today in Atlanta (both didn't play) if that would have happened.

Why not? He's not playing, laughing with a slightly deranged man while his team is losing....I don't see how that is without a doubt indicative of his will to win

L.Kizzle
01-04-2009, 02:26 AM
Why not? He's not playing, laughing with a slightly deranged man while his team is losing....I don't see how that is without a doubt indicative of his will to win
Well, why would Ron be laughing with him? If he (supposedly) quit on his team, his teammates would distance themselves from that cancer, don't you think, not join in on the fun?

macmac
01-04-2009, 02:38 AM
Well, why would Ron be laughing with him? If he (supposedly) quit on his team, his teammates would distance themselves from that cancer, don't you think, not join in on the fun?

Maybe you missed the part about the slightly deranged man....plus things are never as black and white during a full NBA season, he might be showing signs of not giving a ***** but he's still cool with his teammates for now, it's not like he went in the locker room and said: "OK, Guys even though we have a winning record, I quit. I'm only running through the motions and hopefully I'll get traded." It's hard to gauge hustle and commitment quantitatively

ronnymac
01-04-2009, 03:00 AM
This crap about artest being deranged is stupid. what happen against the pistons was in the past. also if anyone threw a full cup of beer at me, he would get the same treatment artest dished out to that dork.

01-04-2009, 03:07 AM
Carter still can ball. But McGrady is done. Like Eddie Van Halen.

There is always someone who thinks VC is still great. When it all said and done Carter will get nowhere just like KneeMac. Fans will be let down in both cities. But they will have Carter's 2002 season to remember.

Human Error
01-04-2009, 03:16 AM
There is always someone who thinks VC is still great. When it all said and done Carter will get nowhere just like KneeMac. Fans will be let down in both cities. But they will have Carter's 2002 season to remember.
What the hell are you talking about? :oldlol:

Carter is still playing good, yes there were times when he was better, but at least he isn't averaging 15 points on 41% shooting.

So you're basically saying that '09 Carter = '09 McGrady because none of them will win the title? Fine, I guess that's why '09 Wade and '09 Richard Jefferson are about equal.

01-04-2009, 03:22 AM
What the hell are you talking about? :oldlol:

Carter is still playing good, yes there were times when he was better, but at least he isn't averaging 15 points on 41% shooting.

So you're basically saying that '09 Carter = '09 McGrady because none of them will win the title? Fine, I guess that's why '09 Wade and '09 Richard Jefferson are about equal.

:violin:

wTFaMonkey
01-04-2009, 05:44 AM
This crap about artest being deranged is stupid. what happen against the pistons was in the past. also if anyone threw a full cup of beer at me, he would get the same treatment artest dished out to that dork.

Agreed

macmac
01-04-2009, 05:50 AM
Even disregarding the Palace incident, you can't tell me that man is fully in control of his cognitive system. Notice I said slightly deranged. And that's besides the point

wTFaMonkey
01-04-2009, 06:02 AM
well.. He has behaved wonderfully this season. you can't deny that fact.

01-04-2009, 06:07 AM
well.. He has behaved wonderfully this season. you can't deny that fact.

He has behaved wonderfully so the Rockets will sign him to big money. Then he will be the new cancer thats screws up the Rockets next year.

JJ81
01-04-2009, 06:12 AM
He's definitely not a winner... just like Vince.

brantonli
01-04-2009, 10:44 AM
Please note, I made none of these. It was all the good folks at the BBS who did these:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/stuff/cf_mac-in-the-box.jpg

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/4507/tracylinkhm4.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i130/rhien_photos/quitter.jpg

http://www.c3homedesign.com/sishir/bigthree.jpg

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/2963/themanwhowasntthere1nb3.jpg

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/8650/dsc00332et2.jpghttp://img357.imageshack.us/img357/7169/slumdogmcgradyai6.jpg

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/1315/quitman2bs7.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk92/archinkent/TMAC.jpg

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/971/tmacgw5.jpg

gpfanz
01-04-2009, 10:48 AM
Rockets need to replace him with another gd role player

Alonzo Magic
01-05-2009, 06:18 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2100/2284835922_07a99a1fbb_o.jpg

Don't ask me how I found that pic.....