PDA

View Full Version : I'm absolutely honest when I say I don't see how Kobe can score on LeBron

Poodle Bark
01-11-2009, 12:14 AM
LeBron is the best defender in the league to me. And he rachets up the defensive intensity when he plays star players, particularly in the 4th quarter.

And with that, after seeing what LeBron did to Pierce yesterday, I frankly can't imagine how Kobe will be to score on him. Too much strength. Too much lateral agility. Too much length

Kobe cant take him to the block. Cant drive on him. And cant get clean looks on his jumpers due to LeBron's outstanding extension and defensive balance.

How will Kobe overcome LeBron?

Manute for Ever!
01-11-2009, 12:21 AM
This wont end well

Grinder
01-11-2009, 12:22 AM
Nonsense, he can get his shot off on anyone and doesn't need clean looks to score in bunches. Lebron is not the best defender in the league.

1~Gibson~1
Delete this thread please.

:no: Dont take him seriously!!!! AND DONT FEED THE TROLL :no:

http://enigma.dune.net/~eric/Do-not-feed-the-troll.PNG

zabuza666
In b4 ****storm

v-unit
01-11-2009, 12:24 AM
PoodleBark-I just have a question, in your opinion, and it's just opinion, who are the top 5 defenders this year for DPOY and all nba defencesive teams?

Thanks

"Jesus"
01-11-2009, 12:27 AM
TO MODS
Can Kobe and LeBron just have their own section in the forum? thx.

Alonzo Magic
01-11-2009, 12:28 AM
PLEASE noone else reply to this thread, please. I was hoping people wouldn't open the thread and answer to this nonsense, then I go to get a glass of water and I come and there are 5 replies.

DONT REPLY - Good post Gibson.

Showtime
01-11-2009, 12:29 AM
This was said a while back when LBJ shut down Kobe in the 4th.

Maniak
01-11-2009, 12:29 AM
This thread actually almost wants me to see Kobe own LeBron in their next meeting.

But then I remember about all the Laker trolls, and laugh off this thread.

Nash-tastic
01-11-2009, 12:32 AM
Nice avy Maniak

OldSchoolBBall
01-11-2009, 12:35 AM
I guess we'll see during their two meetings this season and possibly in the Finals, then.

Maniak
01-11-2009, 12:36 AM
Nice avy Maniak

I know, its very artistic.

Mdog1
01-11-2009, 12:42 AM
I think he ca score on LeBron. The question is will Bron guard Kobe? I would thinkso, but that is not good for the Lakers then, not because Bron will shut Kobe down, but mostly because Kobe if he isn't shooting well LeBron will make it hell. Any way if Bron manages a job on Kobe like he did on Pierce then DPOY becomes a real option.

AirGauge23
01-11-2009, 12:45 AM
If Kobe's in his zone, like in the 3rd quarter of the NO game, he's unstoppable. You just gotta hope that he cools of eventually.

nbastatus
01-11-2009, 01:07 AM
you just created the perfect thread for the lakers trolls.

rox fa sho
01-11-2009, 01:35 AM
i stopped reading when i read "lebron james is the best defender to me"

wow

first of all, kobe is the most versatile player in the game. he has about 100 tricks for each square foot on the basketball court. most players usually have at the most 100 tricks in their arsenal.

2nd, lebron isnt a shut down defender. hes improved his defense but he isnt in the elite level.

artest, shane, prince, camby, hayes, kg are all better overall on defense than lebron. thats just a few

lebron is arguablly the best player in the nba but he isnt the best defender, but hes getting there and i dont see how he cant. his offense is already elite, defense is now good. freak

konex
01-11-2009, 01:36 AM
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=hsCanLulkrc

The last time Bron guarded Kobe with no help defense..

sammdogg
01-11-2009, 01:39 AM

i was waiting for a youtube:D

konex
01-11-2009, 01:42 AM
Every game since then, the Cavs have swarmed Kobe cos of **** teammates. That won't be the case this year.

Let's see Bron take Kobe on an island in 2 weeks. The results will be the same as that clip..

nbastatus
01-11-2009, 01:42 AM

when was that? like about 3 years ago?

w00terz
01-11-2009, 01:50 AM
I know, its very artistic.

Ditto to Nash-tastic's comment. Where did you get it?

OldSchoolBBall
01-11-2009, 01:52 AM

Here's the last time Kobe guarded James with no help defense:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=pfSipCWSfYA

:D

Mikaiel
01-11-2009, 01:52 AM

Ok, did you know LeBron is 6-1 against Kobe when Kobe plays for the whole game ?

Kobe had a gamewinner over LeBron ? Big deal, LeBron had a gamewinner over Kobe too. http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=eBYh4R2gIsA&fmt=18

Don't try to be stupid. There's always someone who can be at least as stupid as you.

hito da god
01-11-2009, 01:54 AM
LeBron is the best defender in the league to me. And he rachets up the defensive intensity when he plays star players, particularly in the 4th quarter.

And with that, after seeing what LeBron did to Pierce yesterday, I frankly can't imagine how Kobe will be to score on him. Too much strength. Too much lateral agility. Too much length

Kobe cant take him to the block. Cant drive on him. And cant get clean looks on his jumpers due to LeBron's outstanding extension and defensive balance.

unrelated, but how would you explain lebron deferring to kobe and letting him take over in the final minutes of the gold medal game?

sammdogg
01-11-2009, 01:56 AM
Here's the last time Kobe guarded James with no help defense:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=pfSipCWSfYA

:D
they both are really good offensive players and there defense is going to beat by each others offense so in this case i gotta look at how each player gets his team mates involved. whoever does that i think well win the game.

konex
01-11-2009, 02:00 AM
Ok, did you know LeBron is 6-1 against Kobe when Kobe plays for the whole game ?

Kobe had a gamewinner over LeBron ? Big deal, LeBron had a gamewinner over Kobe too. http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=eBYh4R2gIsA&fmt=18

Don't try to be stupid. There's always someone who can be at least as stupid as you.

Unlike the OP, I never said Bron can't score on Kobe though. Thing is, Lakers have had a BIG disadvantage against the Cavs cos of the stiffs they've been playing at SF and C the past few years (Bynum has only really played 2 or so games vs. the Cavs).

Bron is too big for Kobe to guard fulltime and Walton and Vlad are pathetic. We'll see what Ariza can do in a few weeks

Mikaiel
01-11-2009, 02:06 AM
Unlike the OP, I never said Bron can't score on Kobe though. Thing is, Lakers have had a BIG disadvantage against the Cavs because of the stiffs they've been starting at SF and C the past few years.

Bron is too big for Kobe to guard fulltime and Walton and Vlad are pathetic. We'll see what Ariza can do in a few weeks

Yeah Bron is a mismatch but Kobe is gonna be a huge mismatch too. Delonte West is gonna have a really long night, LeBron will only guard Kobe in crunch time. Well if it's a close game anyway.

konex
01-11-2009, 02:10 AM
Big Z has been a Laker-killer in the past but I worry that Pau will get pushed around by Andy. Would be nice to see Andrew step up offensively too.

We've lost like 5 straight to this team (all close games). We are freakin' due for a W and Kobe will be focused with all this talk of Bron being better than him :rockon:

andgar923
01-11-2009, 02:14 AM
Anybody can score on anybody.

I can score on Lebron, all it takes is that one move where he overplays me or I take advantage of an angle.

So if "I" an old fuhk with bad knees can score on him, so can one of the greatest offensive machines in the history of this league.

JayGuevara
01-11-2009, 02:20 AM
At first I thought, how great would it be if Kobe went for 82 points against the Cavs, with LeBron on him a substantial amount of the game. Then I thought of the raging shitblizzard that would ensue from the Kobe fanatics. So what needs to happen is, they need to start the game guarding each other, get into it a lil bit, and get double technicals and both get kicked out of the game in the first quarter so us neutral folks don't have to hear it from either side. Or one of them needs to miss the same, which would probably be a lot more likely than my first scenario. Either way.

Poodle Bark
01-11-2009, 02:33 AM
This thread has credence. Si whya re ya'll trying to ruin it?

Per Kobe shot chart this year, 60% of all his shots this year has been jumpers. Against LeBron that wont work cause Kobe cant create the space he likes given LeBron's massive wingspan, 2-inch height advantage,and explsove jumping ability.

Rewind to last year's game in LA to see whhatI'm talking about. And to add, Kobe 's a half-step slower and LeBron's a defensive level or two better.

What ya'll tripping for? LeBron knows if he can get body contact on Kobe that Kabe can't go around him. LeBron's too strong and agile for that. Any attempts at iso Kobe and LeBron will be bad news for the Lakers, as Kobe will have a tough time making any sudden and quick moves that doesn't stagnate ball movement. LeBron will force Kobe to shoot over him, but Kobe will have no space and a hand in his kitchen.

See Pierce.

See Wade.

See Gerald Wallace.

See Granger.

He did the exact same thing to each os these players this year.

Indian guy
01-11-2009, 02:33 AM

BS. LeBron had no help when shutting down Kobe in the 4th qtr at Staples Center last season. They almost exclusively went 1-on-1 and Kobe was forced into taking tough jump shots the entire qtr.

stephanieg
01-11-2009, 02:38 AM
If (when?) they meet in the finals I don't know why LeBron shouldn't guard Kobe at least half of each game. Tired? Come on. He's 24. He's a horse. He doesn't get tired. Besides, it's the Lakers -- not like he's going to have to exert a lot of energy on offense.

goldgrill4me
01-11-2009, 02:41 AM
BS. LeBron had no help when shutting down Kobe in the 4th qtr at Staples Center last season. They almost exclusively went 1-on-1 and Kobe was forced into taking tough jump shots the entire qtr.

also in that clip every play the lakers set a pick for kobe. the way you made it seem like kobe and bron were one on one and kobe was owning him. which isnt the case at all.

Reverend Hoops
01-11-2009, 02:45 AM

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

barbaroi
01-11-2009, 02:52 AM
If (when?) they meet in the finals I don't know why LeBron shouldn't guard Kobe at least half of each game. Tired? Come on. He's 24. He's a horse. He doesn't get tired. Besides, it's the Lakers -- not like he's going to have to exert a lot of energy on offense.
Seems to me the lakers played pretty decent defense against a boston team riding a 19 game win streak into staples. They held them 17 points under their average. The capability is there when they try. I guess we'll have to wait and see how easy/hard it is for the cavs on offense.

Poodle Bark
01-11-2009, 02:56 AM
Kobe just needs to qorrying about the couple of regular season games he has against LeBron first. He's got a alot to prove to gtbe people out there who know his current playing style is prime to get destroyed against LeBron as he's playing this yeat.

And for the record, a prelude to all this coming to fruition is what happened when LeBron folded Pierce up like a little b*tch. Of all the star players, Pierce has always given LeBron the most issues with his combination of ball fakes, sudden change of direction, and overall size. Plus Pierce has a pretty quick first step. And LeBron had him pegged for each of those aspects last night. Dude was perfectly balanced the whole night. Didnt play defense with his hands, but with his body movement.

And considering Kobe is easier guard for LeBron, I know domination is going to ensue. He doesn't have to worry about Kobe's strength one bit. I think its going to be a rather sad event. Kobe represents alot to alot of people. Many people honestly believe he's an unstoppable force offensively. But whatever selective memory these people chose to use after LeBron had Kobe looking as helpless as he's EVER looked in that 4th quarter of last year's game in LA, will spurred by the obvious truth that either:

A. Kobe is getting old

or..

B. LeBron is one of the best defenders we've seen in a while

Either of these choices will be the only acceptable conclusions if/when LeBron locks Kobe up...again.

stephanieg
01-11-2009, 03:01 AM
I also want to see LBJ guard Kobe in the finals just because it would be about as epic as possible and ESPN would be needing towels to clear up their mess. Come on LBJ, man up. I don't want to hear Mike Brown saying you need to save energy.

ShowTime LA
01-11-2009, 03:09 AM
Poodle.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Ban this ****ing troll.

Poodle Bark
01-11-2009, 03:10 AM
I also want to see LBJ guard Kobe in the finals just because it would be about as epic as possible and ESPN would be needing towels to clear up their mess. Come on LBJ, man up. I don't want to hear Mike Brown saying you need to save energy.
Yeah, as far as wanting the matchup itself, I agree. Gotta give Kobe credit, he's playing as good as I've seen him play. Got patience. Passing and disttributing the ball within the confines of their offense.

Plus, he's being efficient.

All the makings are there. Kobe is in his prime as far as combining the physical and mental parts of the games. A LeBron vs Kobe Finals would be great from an advertising view.

But then Kobe's legacy would take an alltime hit cause LeBron would dominate him and the Cavs would win the weries ina max 6 games.

Thid is why I strongly believe alot of Laker fans claim to not wanna see a Clev v LA series. They know their favorite player ever would has far much to lose inthat series. They know...

andgar923
01-11-2009, 03:11 AM
Before we get to a Bron vs Kobe matchup, the Lakers play the Heat tomorrow night.

ShowTime LA
01-11-2009, 03:12 AM
Yeah, as far as wanting the matchup itself, I agree. Gotta give Kobe credit, he's playing as good as I've seen him play. Got patience. Passing and disttributing the ball within the confines of their offense.

Plus, he's being efficient.

All the makings are there. Kobe is in his prime as far as combining the physical and mental parts of the games. A LeBron vs Kobe Finals would be great from an advertising view.

But then Kobe's legacy would take an alltime hit cause LeBron would dominate him and the Cavs would win the weries ina max 6 games.

Thid is why I strongly believe alot of Laker fans claim to not wanna see a Clev v LA series. They know their favorite player ever would has far much to lose inthat series. They know...

:roll: :roll:

You're ****ing hilarious, keep 'em coming. :oldlol: :applause:

Jacks3
01-11-2009, 04:20 AM
Kobe is a guy who has consistently torched guys like Bowen/Battier/Artest and you think Bron can stop him?:roll: Because of 3 or so possessions in the 4th Quarter of their last game? Do you clowns realize that Kobe was struggling with his jump-shot in that game before Bron even switched on to him?Go back and watch the 6 games they've have matched him. Kobe has had a absolutely no problem getting his shot off against Bron:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYLhdgHJRwc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KR91ssoBs4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHy9MQj2LK8&feature=channel_page(2:28)

Younggrease
01-11-2009, 04:26 AM
I dont think Kobe should even try to go 1 v. 1 on Bron at all. Based on the last 3 years of watching this matchup I have come to terms with the fact that Kobe and the Lakers will get no calls playing against Cleveland. Kobe will be handchecked by every player on the floor and treated like a rookie on a 10 day contract for the majority of the game...

Jacks3
01-11-2009, 04:30 AM
Yup. Refs are horrible against the Lakers when they play the Cavs.
Remember this?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6SpBM8dB4k&feature=PlayList&p=88728B8194DCFF55&playnext=1&index=2

Poodle Bark
01-11-2009, 04:41 AM
I thought Kobe had 100 moves per square cubic inch of the basketball court.

With that type of talent, why cry about no-calls? :confusedshrug:

andgar923
01-11-2009, 04:43 AM
Oh lord.... Kobe stans are the biggest cry baby *****ez in the world.

Seriously

These fukinn nut huggers cry and whine more anybody.

Jacks3
01-11-2009, 04:44 AM
:oldlol: at these pathetic Kobe haters.

andgar923
01-11-2009, 04:52 AM
:oldlol: at these pathetic Kobe haters.
Kobe hater me?

NO

I just can't stand when his fans cry and try to make up excuses for Kobe's failures.

EVERY SINGLE TIME he fails, I hear the and see the plethora of excuses. And its always somebody else's fault and its always some grand conspiracy. They even go as far as rewriting history and discredit past eras and legends only to excuse Kobe's failures.

They call Wade a cry baby, when Kobe has been amongst the top leaders in techs.

They claimed that Wade gets all the calls, when Kobe used to receive more calls than him.

They claim the refs hate him, even tho he gets more calls to go his way.

PFFT

Scott Pippen
01-11-2009, 04:56 AM
:oldlol: at these pathetic Kobe groupie haters.

fixed:applause:

Jacks3
Kobe hater me?

NO

I just can't stand when his fans cry and try to make up excuses for Kobe's failures.

EVERY SINGLE TIME he fails, I hear the and see the plethora of excuses. And its always somebody else's fault and its always some grand conspiracy. They even go as far as rewriting history and discredit past eras and legends only to excuse Kobe's failures.

They claimed that Wade gets all the calls, when Kobe used to receive more calls than him.

PFFT
I can't stand his haters like you trying to bring down whatever he's done.
Kobe gets MVP: Oh, it was just a lifetime acheivement award.
Kobe wins 3 straight championships: Oh, anyone could have done that with Shaq.
Just a few example out of many. Bunch of morons..

Jacks3
fixed:applause:
That doesn't even make sense.'' groupie haters''?

Younggrease
01-11-2009, 04:58 AM
I thought Kobe had 100 moves per square cubic inch of the basketball court.

With that type of talent, why cry about no-calls? :confusedshrug:

Its not about a 1 v. 1 matchup with Lebron. Kobe is already past his prime. Its all about the Lakers winning the game and for that to happen against Cleveland they would be better served not going through Kobe because based on the last few games against Cleveland he has gotten the ish end of a lot of questionable calls(Cleveland is allowed to handcheck, grab and push Kobe while no one can breath on Bron)...Maybe they will let Pau and Bynum get a fair shake against Cleveland.

Scott Pippen
01-11-2009, 04:58 AM
Kobe hater me?

NO

PFFT

The groupies (not fans) create excuses for hypothetical situations. No matter what the outcome, there is always an answer. Logical or not. And the self portrayal as victims when they are questioned. It's them against the world. That's why Kobe is the most polarizing NBA player I have seen maybe since Barkley, and that was for a completely different reason.:applause:

Scott Pippen
01-11-2009, 05:01 AM
Some people hate groupies. Some hate Kobe himself. Some hate both.:applause:

AJ2k8
01-11-2009, 05:01 AM
He's supporting you and you call him out:wtf:

They have gone from originally hating on kobe but now they are hating on you and every other person who voices that they like kobe.

Bottom line is that poodle bark and Andgar are trolls.

Poodle Bark if you are going to argue against kobe at least do it like Loki who admits that the man has talent.

Jacks3
01-11-2009, 05:06 AM

Er, no he wasn't. He added groupies.:confusedshrug:

andgar923
01-11-2009, 05:11 AM
I can't stand his haters like you trying to bring down whatever he's done.
Kobe gets MVP: Oh, it was just a lifetime acheivement award.
Kobe wins 3 straight championships: Oh, anyone could have done that with Shaq.
Just a few example out of many. Bunch of morons..

LIke "me?"

When the **** did "I" ever post any of that?

Please show me. Funny considering since this is my first day here.

And if people want to bring that stuff up, is because his stans take shyt over the top, which is the main reason I made that thread earlier.

I don't hate Kobe.

I hate his ****** nut hugging stans tho.

andgar923
01-11-2009, 05:12 AM

They have gone from originally hating on kobe but now they are hating on you and every other person who voices that they like kobe.

Bottom line is that poodle bark and Andgar are trolls.

Poodle Bark if you are going to argue against kobe at least do it like Loki who admits that the man has talent.

Please prove that I'm a troll.

Go ahead.

Jacks3
01-11-2009, 05:15 AM
LIke "me?"

When the **** did "I" ever post any of that?

Please show me. Funny considering since this is my first day here.

And if people want to bring that stuff up, is because his stans take shyt over the top, which is the main reason I made that thread earlier.

I don't hate Kobe.

I hate his ****** nut hugging stans tho.
And I hate his insane and pathetic haters.

andgar923
01-11-2009, 05:20 AM
And I hate his insane and pathetic haters.

Then don't include "me" with them.

And if they exist its for a reason.

Poodle Bark
01-11-2009, 05:23 AM
Why do Kobe Fan have to always deviate from the topic? Troll this, Admit Kobe got talent or I will keep calling you a troll that.

How about you all just stay on topic. I've laid how why I made this thread and have published accounts proving what I'm saying.

Just stop the stanness. Its disturbing.

andgar923
01-11-2009, 05:27 AM
The ironic part is.... these morons didn't even read my first post in this thread, where I basically mentioned Lebron isn't stopping him.

They just jumped into what they thought was an attack on Kobe, when it was an attack on them. Which gave the thread I made earlier even more validation.

AJ2k8
01-11-2009, 05:37 AM
Please prove that I'm a troll.

Go ahead.

Oh lord.... Kobe stans are the biggest cry baby *****ez in the world.

Seriously

These fukinn nut huggers cry and whine more anybody.

This is a forum for discussing basketball, not basketball fans... Now you say this is your first day on this website(as you claim) but yet you seem to know everything about kobe "Nut Huggers" which you could've only got from other forums.

Take this advice, If you don't like his fans/Groupies/Stans :wtf: then keep your mouth shut and wait for the thread to die down instead of coming in and telling everybody your opinion of posters.

Some people start topics to create Arguments and it's people like you who continue to argue until it becomes nothing to do with basketball. The second quote of you has absolutely nothing to do with the game of basketball and is just a post that is inspiring hate (which is pretty much what a troll is).

If you're not a troll then why would you make a post like the one quoted?

and

If you don't want to be seen as a troll (which you obviously don't) then don't make posts like that...:pimp:

Jacks3
01-11-2009, 05:39 AM
Kobe haters are such morons.

AJ2k8
01-11-2009, 05:40 AM
Kobe hatere are such morons.
This is a terrible post:violin:

Jacks3
01-11-2009, 05:40 AM
This is a terrible post:violin:
:rolleyes:

andgar923
01-11-2009, 05:56 AM
This is a forum for discussing basketball, not basketball fans...

A. The comment was related to basketball. Are fans not part of basketball?

Go check out my original post as well.

Now you say this is your first day on this website(as you claim) but yet you seem to know everything about kobe "Nut Huggers" which you could've only got from other forums.

I've been on other forums, and I've never seen somebody complain and call what I just posted "trolling." If the rules are different here, and and the translation is different here, than that's something I wasn't aware.

Take this advice, If you don't like his fans/Groupies/Stans :wtf: then keep your mouth shut and wait for the thread to die down instead of coming in and telling everybody your opinion of posters.

LOL What type of fascist site is this?

Some people start topics to create Arguments and it's people like you who continue to argue until it becomes nothing to do with basketball.

Topics in any board often deviate, conversations in real life often deviate. And like I mentioned above, fans are part of basketball.
The second quote of you has absolutely nothing to do with the game of basketball and is just a post that is inspiring hate (which is pretty much what a troll is).

Again... fans are part of basketball. And in this case, the fan's (stan's) opinions affect the discussion from both sides.

If you're not a troll then why would you make a post like the one quoted?

and

If you don't want to be seen as a troll (which you obviously don't) then don't make posts like that...:pimp:

I guess where we differ is the meaning of a "troll."

Imo and from what I've generally seen around the net, a troll is somebody that purposely makes posts or threads to incite an argument for no other reason but merely for self entertainment. But I guess that line is blurry and where we disagreed.

That wasn't my intention, I was simply pointing out something that was obvious and also related to the argument.

But if I'ma be labeled a "troll" for posting my opinion, than let it be. At least I'm not saying retarded shyt like "Kobe sucks" like a true "troll" would do.

smith
01-11-2009, 07:18 AM
Can we just agree that some people hate Kobe and some don't. Just like some don't believe in god and some do. Ok ? Get my drift ?
:hammertime:

Scott Pippen
01-11-2009, 07:20 AM
This wont end well
agreed. 1st post of the thread. I have already recommended to him that he try to start threads to bring out good debate and the best in posters, not the worst.:applause:

chains5000
01-11-2009, 07:54 AM
Why can't ISH mods ban PB once for all?

Alonzo Magic
01-11-2009, 08:03 AM

Why can't ISH posters not reply to his threads?

gpfanz
01-11-2009, 08:03 AM

Dunk on Lebron?

v-unit
01-11-2009, 12:27 PM
This Jacks3 guy is pretty much the equivalent to PoodleBark.

Crash
01-11-2009, 01:15 PM
Yup. Refs are horrible against the Lakers when they play the Cavs.
Remember this?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6SpBM8dB4k&feature=PlayList&p=88728B8194DCFF55&playnext=1&index=2

:applause:

NoGunzJustSkillz
01-11-2009, 01:19 PM
lakers should trade gasol and bynum for lebron so we can stop these dumb assss threads.

JJ81
01-11-2009, 02:04 PM
Nonsense, he can get his shot off on anyone and doesn't need clean looks to score in bunches. Lebron is not the best defender in the league.

+1000

Mdog1
01-11-2009, 02:18 PM
lakers should trade gasol and bynum for lebron so we can stop these dumb assss threads.
No. LeBron would jsut become the new Kobe. Lakers/Kobe fan boys woould take the love over the top and make him one of the most hated players ever.

dynasty1978
01-11-2009, 03:07 PM
No. LeBron would jsut become the new Kobe. Lakers/Kobe fan boys woould take the love over the top and make him one of the most hated players ever.
sort of like the op and this idiotic threads? followed duma..diesel j...etc?

Mdog1
01-11-2009, 03:33 PM
sort of like the op and this idiotic threads? followed duma..diesel j...etc?
That is true. But can you imagine LeBron as a Laker? He would have 10x the fan base drooling over him.

MaxFly
01-11-2009, 06:15 PM

Why can't you guys ignore him?

Jacks3
01-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Idiot.

Poodle Bark
01-19-2009, 04:04 AM
:cheers:

Bumped in prelude to absolutely everything I said in this thread being proved later on tonight.

Kobe with LeBron on him in the 4th will shoot no better than 4-10.

No better.

Cheers.

Godfather
01-19-2009, 04:06 AM
:cheers:

Bumped in prelude to absolutely everything I said in this thread being proved later on tonight.

Kobe with LeBron on him in the 4th will shoot no better than 4-10.

No better.

Cheers.

Heres a thought...

Why don't you kill yourself?

Allstar24
01-19-2009, 04:08 AM
Like I said before, these threads usually tend to backfire in the OP's face...I'd keep my mouth shut if I were you :oldlol:

Poodle Bark
01-19-2009, 04:09 AM
And btw, has anyone actually addressed the thread topic even once?

How will Kobe score on LeBron??

Shooting fade-away 22 footers with a hand in his face??

Not gonna work.

Drive on him?

Ahhhh...no.

Post him up?

:oldlol:, lets be serious here.

Now tell me how, please.

Godfather
01-19-2009, 04:11 AM

Not gonna work.

Drive on him?

Ahhhh...no.

Post him up?

Now tell me how, please.

You are a terrible troll.

One of if not the worst on ISH.

Was Scottie hard to score on? Yes. Did people still score on him? Yes. Is LeBron a better defender than Scottie? Hell no. Can the best scorer of the past 4 years score on LeBron? Yes.

Poodle Bark
01-19-2009, 04:11 AM
Like I said before, these threads usually tend to backfire in the OP's face...I'd keep my mouth shut if I were you :oldlol:
:oldlol: @ this guy relying on divine intervention to find ways for Kobe to score on LeBron.

That's funny.

gpfanz
01-19-2009, 04:12 AM

Not gonna work.

Drive on him?

Ahhhh...no.

Post him up?

Now tell me how, please.

No worries Kobe finally learnt to defer to his team mates more :rockon:

Poodle Bark
01-19-2009, 04:15 AM
You are a terrible troll.

One of if not the worst on ISH.

Was Scottie hard to score on? Yes. Did people still score on him? Yes. Is LeBron a better defender than Scottie? Hell no. Can the best scorer of the past 4 years score on LeBron? Yes.
Stop crying like a little byaaatch and and just contribute to the thread by specifying exactly how will Kobe efficiently score on LeBron.

Basically he would be doing something no one has done all year.

Godfather
01-19-2009, 04:16 AM
Stop crying like a little byaaatch and and just contribute to the thread by specifying exactly how will Kobe efficiently score on LeBron.

Basically he would be doing something no one has done all year.

Do you jack off to LeBron pics before you go to sleep every night?

Serious question.

KB42PAH
01-19-2009, 04:17 AM
Kobe can score on Lebron at will:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aciaz6VKIHc

Godfather
01-19-2009, 04:20 AM
Poodle Bark vs KB42Pah...

I smell epic battle.

http://www.foundus.com/jani/gnomes/images/Trolls2.jpg

Allstar24
01-19-2009, 04:29 AM
:oldlol: @ this guy relying on divine intervention to find ways for Kobe to score on LeBron.

That's funny.
Boy do I feel sorry for you...

Anyway LeBron doesn't even take up the challenge of guarding Kobe for the entire game. Kobe on the other hand is always up for it. That's funny.

Diesel J
01-19-2009, 04:39 AM

Anyway LeBron doesn't even take up the challenge of guarding Kobe for the entire game. Kobe on the other hand is always up for it. That's funny.

Stop lying man. Kobe is the same guy that refuses to guard Ray Allen/Pierce but settles for Rondo. Kobe won't guard Lebron for the entire game..the most you'll see either player guard each other is in the 4th qtr.

actually Lebron might guard Kobe more than Kobe will guard him because Delonte West who plays SG and usually guards them is out. It's pretty obvious that Wally is going to used by Kobe so Lebron is going to have to guard Kobe for huge portion of the game.

gpfanz
01-19-2009, 04:43 AM

U know Lebron is going to posterize Kobe everytime they play isolation? :hammertime:

Jacks3
01-19-2009, 08:55 AM
I wouldn't be surprised for Kobe to be lebron from the opening tip just like he did with Granger/Wade/Redd/Igoudala/Vince Carter/Brandon Roy/etc.
:pimp:

Jacks3
01-19-2009, 09:00 AM
http://www.dailynews.com/lakers/ci_11487760

Bryant said after Sunday's practice that he plans to guard James, a fellow U.S. Olympian, adding that he relishes the challenge.

"I will definitely," Bryant said when asked if he would check James.

"I have to guard him. I'm a little undersized. I'll probably match up against him."

Coach Phil Jackson wasn't so sure he would line up Bryant against James. Jackson could try others against James, who usually does not guard Bryant.

"LeBron has never really guarded Kobe, but he has at times," Jackson said. "Kobe's wanted to guard LeBron, but we haven't always wanted him to guardLeBron. Last year, I thought Luke (Walton) did a really good job on (James). We have a variety of guys who can guard him."

You also can expect Jackson to ask Trevor Ariza and/or Lamar Odom to handle the assignment of guarding James. Walton might not get a chance because he's been sidelined for more than two weeks because of a foot injury.

"He's still feeling his way a little bit," Jackson said of Walton.

When it gets late, if the score is tight, you can expect Bryant to demand to guard James. Bryant asked to guard Dwyane Wade of the Miami Heat on Jan. 11, and he blanked Wade over the final seven minutes of the Lakers' victory.

AllenIverson3
01-19-2009, 09:53 AM

Kobe is not Pierce ***...Thers ur reason smart one :lol

shawbryant
01-19-2009, 09:53 AM
I don't like Bron's dunk at all.

Lebron23
01-19-2009, 10:16 AM
Jeff should lock this thread because PB is jinxing the Cavaliers, and Cavs are pretty undermanned in tomorrow's game after missing their 2 key players due to injury.

Da_Realist
01-19-2009, 11:35 AM
http://www.dailynews.com/lakers/ci_11487760

Bryant said after Sunday's practice that he plans to guard James, a fellow U.S. Olympian, adding that he relishes the challenge.

"I will definitely," Bryant said when asked if he would check James.

"I have to guard him. I'm a little undersized. I'll probably match up against him."

Coach Phil Jackson wasn't so sure he would line up Bryant against James. Jackson could try others against James, who usually does not guard Bryant.

"LeBron has never really guarded Kobe, but he has at times," Jackson said. "Kobe's wanted to guard LeBron, but we haven't always wanted him to guardLeBron. Last year, I thought Luke (Walton) did a really good job on (James). We have a variety of guys who can guard him."

You also can expect Jackson to ask Trevor Ariza and/or Lamar Odom to handle the assignment of guarding James. Walton might not get a chance because he's been sidelined for more than two weeks because of a foot injury.

"He's still feeling his way a little bit," Jackson said of Walton.

When it gets late, if the score is tight, you can expect Bryant to demand to guard James. Bryant asked to guard Dwyane Wade of the Miami Heat on Jan. 11, and he blanked Wade over the final seven minutes of the Lakers' victory.

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! :rockon:

Kleiza7
01-19-2009, 11:39 AM
I`m James fan but Kobe could easily score on james on spin move and then off balance jumper. You know no matter how much of the weight you have advantage in basketball is only in paint when things get lil bit slower, but no matter how much of your weight is mucle the more you have the less explosive you can be on defensive end. So i just dont see why these type of threads are created. Anyone can score on anyone the question is after how many trial and error.

Riker
01-19-2009, 11:40 AM
Kobe's game mentality and determination >>>>>>>>>> LeCrab's
Kobe's fundamentals >>>>>>>>> LeCrab's
Kobe's footwork >>>>>>>>>> LeCrab's
Kobe's shot >>>>>>>>>> LeCrab's
Kobe's dunks >>>>>>>>>> LeCrab's
Kobe's highlight reel >>>>>>>>>> LeCrab's

Can't wait for the game.

Kleiza7
01-19-2009, 11:42 AM

Can't wait for the game.

Kobe`s mentality i give you that.

Footwork yes to that too.

Kobe`s Shot ofcourse.

Dunks - Just no.

Highlight - Lebron.

Alan
01-19-2009, 11:43 AM

Can't wait for the game.

And if LeBron does well, do you promise to leave ISH and never come back?

Riker
01-19-2009, 12:06 PM
LOL Kobe's highlight reel from first 5 years not only ****s on LeCrabs career but makes him look like some rookie chump, can't believe how people forget what sorts of moves Kobe used to pull off, and still does, lol

Oh...another one for you LeCrab fan army

http://i44.tinypic.com/aua6oh.jpg

Oh wow, so in his SHORT, as you always like to point it out career, he managed to have games with 20 or more missed FG's 4 times already

That's straight ballin

And if LeBron does well, do you promise to leave ISH and never come back?

I don't make promises, Billy..

plowking
01-19-2009, 12:11 PM
Jeff should lock this thread because PB is jinxing the Cavaliers, and Cavs are pretty undermanned in tomorrow's game after missing their 2 key players due to injury.

Don't make excuses. Lakers are missing players to. Just enjoy the game.

Riker
01-19-2009, 12:15 PM
Loving the excuses here.

Cavs fans are (shocker) smart (in a twisted kind of way).

They constantly point out how bad the team is (except LeCrab), then time to time they complement them (sand in yo eyes) and then they get back to ****ting all over them.

And now, they preparing their ground, how Cavs are not only a team with weak supporting cast for LeCrab but also how damaged and injured they are.

Thus for, preparing the field in case of a victory, so they can come here and say how, again, LeCrab single handed won against the (now they switch and praise to emphasize the effort and awesomeness even more) great great, impossible to beat, one of a kind, awesome Lakers.

Pretty smart!

The Chosen One
01-19-2009, 12:40 PM
Who's looking for excuses? It's not like we need Delonte or Z, LeBron himself is going to destroy LA Losers, and even though I don't especially like Kobe I actually feel kind of sorry for him today, because Bron's gonna sh*t on him. We all just know he's going to. The earlier you all dumb4sses admit it, the less painful it will be. Just enjoy the show... :pimp:

We are all witnesses :bowdown: :bowdown:

gts
01-19-2009, 03:25 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/11si3va.jpg

Poodle Bark
01-19-2009, 03:52 PM
lol @ Kobe fans going on a defamation of character campaign against LeBron for the last two weeks cause...

Cavs have the better record

LeBron has better stats

LeBron is universially considered the better player.

So hence we see countless LeBron-bashing posts who's sole purpose is to deflect away from the facts I listed above (including the thread topic).

:oldlol:

CasterL
01-19-2009, 03:56 PM
this has reached new levels of sadness. both kobe and lebron are great players, and both have pathetic homers. watch the ****ing game

Poodle Bark
01-19-2009, 04:03 PM
LOL Kobe's highlight reel from first 5 years not only ****s on LeCrabs career but makes him look like some rookie chump, can't believe how people forget what sorts of moves Kobe used to pull off, and still does, lol

Oh...another one for you LeCrab fan army

http://i44.tinypic.com/aua6oh.jpg

Oh wow, so in his SHORT, as you always like to point it out career, he managed to have games with 20 or more missed FG's 4 times already

That's straight ballin

I don't make promises, Billy..
Yo, I just got off the phone with Kobe and he asked why you such a stan, son?

Even Kobe acknowledged on the phone that LeBron was the better player and leader.

He also wanted me to pass on that he'd like for ya'll to stop laying the groundwork for him to be embarrassed tonight. I think Kobe's resigned to his secondary place and role in the NBA now. So just let it go. Stop it right now.

1~Gibson~1
01-19-2009, 04:04 PM
Passionate nutcase of a fan. Don't take me too seriously.

crisoner
01-19-2009, 04:09 PM
Stupid thread

Poodle Bark comes from a long list of obsessed idiotic Kobe Fanatics which include

Knoeitawl aka Knobe
aLlArOuNdPlaYa aka JusTin
SupremeTexasBatman
KP....
and many many many more

Poodle...your BS preaching has been heard and ignored for a while on here. Your a broken record please stop.

Al Thornton
01-19-2009, 04:11 PM
facepalm

Poodle Bark
01-19-2009, 04:11 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/11si3va.jpg
Honest question here:

How you go feel about yourself deep down inside when your favorite team gets b*tch-slapped by a team missing two of its four best players???

Like really, answer this. With your thousands of posts, you really have to have some sort of invested interest in the Lakers. Like, do you think you will 'off yourself after? Or atleast think about it?

:oldlol:, yeah I know these are personal questions, but let's have a conversation about this. It must get frustrating making excuse after excuse after everythime your team isexposed as a pretender.

Talk to me...

Poodle Bark
01-19-2009, 04:18 PM
Stupid thread

Poodle Bark comes from a long list of obsessed idiotic Kobe Fanatics which include

Knoeitawl aka Knobe
aLlArOuNdPlaYa aka JusTin
SupremeTexasBatman
KP....
and many many many more

Poodle...your BS preaching has been heard and ignored for a while on here. Your a broken record please stop.
lol at the irony of you calling this thread topic stupid when its true.

So yes I agree, the truth can be stupid sometimes, particulalry when the truth exposes a person that you happen to admire on the short side of the stick.

crisoner
01-19-2009, 04:18 PM
I think we should all just ignore this tools (Poodle) posts from now on. Don't give him the pleasure of nutting all over himself because he can converse about subjects he claims to hate.

Geeez...you do realize how hollow and sad that makes you look right?

End Thread

gts
01-19-2009, 05:18 PM
Honest question here:

How you go feel about yourself deep down inside when your favorite team gets b*tch-slapped by a team missing two of its four best players???

Like really, answer this. With your thousands of posts, you really have to have some sort of invested interest in the Lakers. Like, do you think you will 'off yourself after? Or atleast think about it?

:oldlol:, yeah I know these are personal questions, but let's have a conversation about this. It must get frustrating making excuse after excuse after everythime your team isexposed as a pretender.

Talk to me...
great questions... you should probably ask an expert...try one of these guys, they have lots of posts...

Pleezebelieve
Created Player
Voice of Reason
Primal Fear
Jumper

chains5000
01-19-2009, 05:33 PM
great questions... you should probably ask an expert...try one of these guys, they have lots of posts...

Pleezebelieve
Created Player
Voice of Reason
Primal Fear
Jumper
:oldlol:
Repped

lolwut
01-19-2009, 05:35 PM
Kobe can score on ANYBODY.

Riker
01-19-2009, 06:32 PM
Kobe can score on ANYBODY.

Not on me he can't.

We played 1-on-1 full court basketball this summer @ undisclosed location and I won 21-1.

He said "hey, why don't you come and play with me in the lakers"

And then I said "naaaw...I don't feel like it"

bleedinpurpleTwo
01-19-2009, 06:39 PM

Pleezebelieve
Created Player
Voice of Reason
Primal Fear
Jumper

OMG...PleezeBelieve you got smacked again. Seriously PB, how do you manage to make yourself look sooo foolish, time and time again.

Godfather
01-19-2009, 06:41 PM

Yeah he is like the Kobe loving version.

Younggrease
01-19-2009, 06:44 PM
This thread is gonna look real dumb when Kobe drops 45 tonight.

Godfather
01-19-2009, 06:47 PM

LeBron probably won't even guard him the majority of the game.

The Cavs are missing Big Z and could force LeBron to guard bigs if a player gets into foul trouble (LeBron was playing center against NOH).

Poodle Bark
01-19-2009, 07:02 PM
:oldlol:, you know that's not gonna happen.

And check, not only do you know its not gonna happen, you will also have plenty of excuses as to why it didnt occur.

Spare me the hyperbole babble.

Poodle Bark
01-19-2009, 07:14 PM
Often times I ponder:

Since when has it become so cool in the streets get so thoroughly outplayed and outmatched the way LeBron has done Kobe for just about three years???

Its so bad that LeBron almost has I-GET-IN-T-DAT-ASS-EVERYTIME-I-PLAY-YOU-SO-NOW-I-GET-BORED-ITIS.

Somebody go tell Kobe to step his game up. It aint a rivalry unless both parties win and sh*t. :oldlol:

Scott Pippen
01-19-2009, 07:46 PM

Why?

Please try to make proper threads for good discussion instead of this repetitive Kobe vs LeBron ****. :applause:

lefthook00
01-19-2009, 09:16 PM
Often times I ponder:

Since when has it become so cool in the streets get so thoroughly outplayed and outmatched the way LeBron has done Kobe for just about three years???

Its so bad that LeBron almost has I-GET-IN-T-DAT-ASS-EVERYTIME-I-PLAY-YOU-SO-NOW-I-GET-BORED-ITIS.

Somebody go tell Kobe to step his game up. It aint a rivalry unless both parties win and sh*t. :oldlol:

...you know they haven't guarded eachother that much...
...the last time they played they guarded eachother for the last 2 minutes of the game and Lebron came out on top...but so what? That doesn't prove anything except Lebron got Kobe that time...
...Lebron does well against the Lakers b/c we've been so weak at the 3 position and Kobe does decent(not as good as he should though) against the Cavs b/c they are weak at the 2...

...Lastly...SHUT THE F*CK UP...they've played less than 10 times against eachothers' teams and they don't even play the same position or score on eachother most of the time.

gts
01-19-2009, 09:25 PM
...the last time they played they guarded eachother for the last 2 minutes of the game and Lebron came out on top...but so what? That doesn't prove anything except Lebron got Kobe that time...

...Lebron does well against the Lakers b/c we've been so weak at the 3 position and Kobe does decent(not as good as he should though) against the Cavs b/c they are weak at the 2...

...Lastly...SHUT THE F*CK UP...they've played less than 10 times against eachothers' teams and they don't even play the same position or score on eachother most of the time.oh sure bring in actual facts, like they have relevence in a PB thread...
you could screw up a wet dream...lol

Poodle Bark
01-19-2009, 10:13 PM

...Lastly...SHUT THE F*CK UP...they've played less than 10 times against eachothers' teams and they don't even play the same position or score on eachother most of the time.
Dont you just love the "shut up jerk, they dont even play the same position" excuse when it comes to Laker Fan explaining why Kobe doesn't check LeBron???

Don't you just love that one. I know I do. They doit with rebounding, too.

But why cant they apply that rational when they make post after post after post about Kobe being better cause he's more skilled and has a better jumper?

You ever think about that, ya'll?

Godfather
01-20-2009, 12:44 AM
Poodle you ****ing ****...you goddamn jinxed us you *****...

The one time LeBron defends Kobe and he drains a step back..

EvinWizzle
01-20-2009, 12:48 AM
he just scored on lebron lol

KenneBell
01-20-2009, 12:56 AM
Kobe did the impossible. :roll:

19 year old Kobe scored on MJ but it's impossible for Kobe of now to score on LeBron....:confusedshrug:

hito da god
01-20-2009, 01:33 AM
kobe to poodle bark and lebron james:

tell me how my ass taste.

Duncan21formvp
01-20-2009, 01:34 AM

Duncan is the best defender in the league.

rawimpact
01-20-2009, 01:47 AM
Where is this ****?

oh wait i shouldn't insult him, he might come on his other user name like he threatens us with and do something horrible!

If he can score on bruce he can score on lebron (PERIOD!).

Godfather
01-20-2009, 01:51 AM
OMG single digits!

west
01-20-2009, 02:07 AM
OWNED!!!:roll:

KB42PAH
01-20-2009, 02:10 AM
OWNED!!!:roll:

^What he said.

bdreason
01-20-2009, 02:20 AM
Kobe was scoring all over LeBron tonight. :roll:

vert48
01-20-2009, 02:23 AM
Lebron should not be the primary defender on Kobe. Just bad matchups for the Cavs after that. They are much better off allowing Lebron to play help D from off the ball.

konex
01-20-2009, 02:24 AM
Those were some silky jumpers right in Bron's eye tonight :roll:

amfirst
01-20-2009, 02:25 AM
LeBron looks winded in this game. It wasn't wise to leave him on Kobe for so long.

hoss805
01-20-2009, 02:30 AM

:violin: :violin: :violin: :violin:

amfirst
01-20-2009, 02:32 AM
Now where the h3ll did Poodle boy go? :lol :oldlol:

Micku
01-20-2009, 02:32 AM

Sorry dude, better luck next time.

Everyone could score on one another.

gts
01-20-2009, 02:33 AM

NewYorkUSCtrojan
01-20-2009, 02:34 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Riker
01-20-2009, 02:37 AM
LeBron looks winded in this game. It wasn't wise to leave him on Kobe for so long.

It ws official he was having a flu, a relapse, a heart attack and a stroke, couple of cadillac arrests and few regular colds.

How can you expect him to play well under those situations?

And then...the missing starters as well I mean...

If you factor all that in, plus thr 17 point deficit, by simple maths you can calculate that Cavs actually won and by a long shot...

HAzE024
01-20-2009, 02:52 AM
As a neutral party, I don't see how you Kobe fans are claiming victory on this one. What I saw was a very solid defensive effort by LeBron. I have yet to see anyone (but Raja) guard Kobe so good. He wouldn't bite on any of his fakes, practically denied any penetration all night and had two hands in Kobe's face at every jumpshot. However, Kobe made a few absolutely ridiculous circus shots, through no fault of LeBron. I mean he held Kobe to 20 (well below his average) on only 9/22 shooting and that's considering FTs and multiple releases on fast breaks that had nothing to do with LeBron. I think LeBron did a very, very good job on him tonight (one play which stood out to me was when he straight-up mugged the ball from Kobe on a lay-up attempt), but it took a lot of energy out of him and it showed on the offensive end.

In my estimation the game came down to Kobe's supporting cast making their open shots off Kobe's set-ups and the Cavs tossing bricks from outside after LeBron's penetration (especially Mo Williams' 6-16). This is where they miss Delonte, but LeBron is also at fault for not taking over the game on the offensive end. Kobe did well recognizing that he wasn't going to be scoring much tonight and deferred to a playmaking role which he has been doing much better and more willingly these last few years.

No one is gonna read any of that anyway^^ - not enough opinions or contraversial statements for this crowd. :D

rawimpact
01-20-2009, 03:04 AM
As a neutral party, I don't see how you Kobe fans are claiming victory on this one. What I saw was a very solid defensive effort by LeBron. I have yet to see anyone (but Raja) guard Kobe so good. He wouldn't bite on any of his fakes, practically denied any penetration all night and had two hands in Kobe's face at every jumpshot. However, Kobe made a few absolutely ridiculous circus shots, through no fault of LeBron. I mean he held Kobe to 20 (well below his average) on only 9/22 shooting and that's considering FTs and multiple releases on fast breaks that had nothing to do with LeBron. I think LeBron did a very, very good job on him tonight (one play which stood out to me was when he straight-up mugged the ball from Kobe on a lay-up attempt), but it took a lot of energy out of him and it showed on the offensive end.

In my estimation the game came down to Kobe's supporting cast making their open shots off Kobe's set-ups and the Cavs tossing bricks from outside after LeBron's penetration (especially Mo Williams' 6-16). This is where they miss Delonte, but LeBron is also at fault for not taking over the game on the offensive end. Kobe did well recognizing that he wasn't going to be scoring much tonight and deferred to a playmaking role which he has been doing much better and more willingly these last few years.

No one is gonna read any of that anyway^^ - not enough opinions or contraversial statements for this crowd. :D

early injury...

KeylessEntry
01-20-2009, 03:06 AM
lol this thread is so fail

White Mamba
01-20-2009, 03:13 AM
:roll:

NBASTATMAN
01-20-2009, 03:13 AM

everyplayer in the NBA can score on any other player in the NBA...

U got Served
01-20-2009, 03:15 AM
where's the poodleclown anyways? trying to find out why LeBron's defense didnt work with Kobe?

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-20-2009, 03:19 AM
Lebrons Offense neither Defense worked against kobe.....:)

w00terz
01-20-2009, 03:58 AM
Donde esta Poodle Bark? :lol

Micku
01-20-2009, 04:14 AM

I think this is a victory over the hardcore LBJ fans. The simple fact that Kobe played better than LBJ is exciting and it will boast up more pride in the Kobe fans. Although it is kind'a foolish to based this one game on deciding who is better, it's still something to brag for fun in a short time. And I would argue Bowen could guard Kobe pretty decent too. LBJ did play some pretty good D on Kobe, but he couldn't truly get it going on the O. And the "mugged" the ball from Kobe stood out to me too.

The Lakers D did make LBJ take some bad shots, and LBJ was a bit off today. I don't think LBJ's D is the cause of his bad O tonight. He missed quite a few lay ups and some easy shots. Sometimes he was force to take the bad shot. He just had a bad night, plus the refs didn't call the fouls.

Keep in mind that Kobe did get hurt on his shooting hand apparently. While it may cliche, it probably affected his shooting performance. Wide open shots he could've made and making FTs might be a little more difficult.

I agree that it came down to the supporting casts. Kobe has been playing the passive role in these superstars battle lately. He did it against Wade the second time they met together too. The Lakers team were better this time around. They played better D and killed the Cavs in the paint. The Cavs couldn't get it together this time. LBJ could not take over the game, but him being on the floor gave his supporting cast open shots, but they couldn't make it. LBJ was a bit sloppy on passing a bit too in this game.

The Cavs had a bad night of coordination while the Laker team brought their game.

Edit:

Yeah, I read your crap HAzE024 :oldlol:

lilmarcgasol
01-20-2009, 04:34 AM
Cavs choked all there is to it, at home National TV and little bron shoots like 9-25? Lol but o Delonte West and Zydrunas Ilgausgas would have changed the game around completely wtf:roll: :roll:

konex
01-20-2009, 04:40 AM
Looking at the highlights, pretty much all of Kobe's shots were on Bron :no:

http://www.lakersmedia.com/video/index.php?p=724

White Mamba
01-20-2009, 04:49 AM
Looking at the highlights, pretty much all of Kobe's shots were on Bron :no:

http://www.lakersmedia.com/video/index.php?p=724

also, Bron shoot 4-16 when kobe's on him and 5-9 over the rest.

25%.

Kobe shutdown Wade and Bron with great D when they came to his yard:applause:

Jorn444Lakers
01-20-2009, 04:55 AM
How do you spell "Poodle Bark"?

F A I L

Jacks3
01-20-2009, 08:26 AM

How is that possible when he didn't really even guard Kobe until the 4th quarter? :confusedshrug:

Jacks3
01-20-2009, 08:26 AM
:oldlol: at this thread.:roll:

JJ81
01-20-2009, 10:33 AM

25%.

Exactly.

Kobe is the DPOY.

NBASTATMAN
01-20-2009, 10:36 AM

25%.

White Mamba how did Lebron shoot 4-16 on kobe when Lebron missed 8 layups. Kobe was no where near him.
"I thought we did a great job defensively," said Lamar Odom, who had eight points and 10 rebounds. "It was fun. We have to load up on [James]. There's no way we're going to leave our best player on an island with him. Kobe did a great job of denying him the ball."