PDA

View Full Version : UFC 93, Affliction:Day of Reckoning, UFC 94, UFC Fight Night

hateraid
01-14-2009, 12:07 PM
Four weeks in a row of events!

UFC 93: Franklin vs. Henderson

Rich Franklin vs. Dan Henderson - Decision- Dan Henderson
Mark Coleman vs. Shogon Rua - KO 3rd- Shogon
Alan Belchar vs. Dennis Kang - Sub 2nd- Alan Belchar
Mark Davis vs. Chris Lyttle- Decision- Mak Davis
Jeremy Horn vs. Rousimar Palhares- Decision- Rousimar Palhares

Affliction: Day of Reckoning

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Andrei Arlovski - Fedor KO 1st Round
Josh Barnett vs. Gilbert Yvel - Barnett TKO 3rd Round
Vitor Belfort vs. Matt Lindland - Vitor KO 1st Round
Babalu vs. Sokoudjou - Babalu Submission 3rd Round
Paul Buentello vs. Kiril Sidellnikov - Buentello Uni Decision

UFC 94: Penn vs St.Pierre

Lyoto Machida vs. Thiago Silva
Stephan Bonnar vs. Jon Jones
Karo Parisyan vs. Dong Kim
Nate Diaz vs. Clay Guida
Jon Fitch vs. Akihiro Gono
Manny Gamburyan vs. Thiago Tavarez

UFC Fight Night

Joe Lauzon vs. Hermes Franca
Cain Velasquez vs. Denis Stojnic
Josh Neer vs. Mac Danzig

hateraid
01-14-2009, 12:10 PM
Interesting facts

Dan Arlovski has been training with Freddie Roach. The guys who's trained Oscar DeLaHoya and Manny Pacquiao. The master of exposing weaknesses. Arlovski wants to keep this standing (obviously). I like this strategy.

Two of my favorite fighters are fighting in Karo and Vitor. Sadly I think both will lose.:cry:

ErhnamDjinn
01-14-2009, 12:28 PM
Man if fedor loses I really will stop following MMA, on the other hand if he wins I think the UFC should seriously sign this guy. The affliction card looks really solid. But I still want to see if Shogun is back.

Reef
01-14-2009, 01:07 PM
Man if fedor loses I really will stop following MMA, on the other hand if he wins I think the UFC should seriously sign this guy. The affliction card looks really solid. But I still want to see if Shogun is back.

Nah, Fedor will fight Barnett next if they both win. Then hopefully he can take care of Brock in the UFC.

hateraid
01-14-2009, 01:09 PM
Fedor will never be a part of UFC. Give up the pipe dream.

Zan Tabak
01-14-2009, 03:35 PM

Nate Diaz vs. Clay Guida

I can't wait for this one!...Finally BJ will be able to prove to the world he is the best P4P ..

hateraid
01-14-2009, 03:42 PM
I can't wait for this one!...Finally BJ will be able to prove to the world he is the best P4P ..

I like the battle of the undefeated's as well. I see the winner of that fight to make noise in the LHW division. Possibly be the title holder very soon. The winner should fight Brandon Vera next.

Can't wait to see Karo back in action. He needs this fight to stay relevant to this division. Long hiatus has hurt him in the rankings, plus the loss to Alves. I'm scared that he will probably lose though.

Pistol Pete
01-14-2009, 05:05 PM
I like the battle of the undefeated's as well. I see the winner of that fight to make noise in the LHW division. Possibly be the title holder very soon. The winner should fight Brandon Vera next.

Can't wait to see Karo back in action. He needs this fight to stay relevant to this division. Long hiatus has hurt him in the rankings, plus the loss to Alves. I'm scared that he will probably lose though.

The winner of the Silva vs Machida fight will be way above Brandon Vera, Vera is basically nonexistant at this point. With rumours that Rampage Jackson will take the immediate shot at Rashad Evans, don't be surprised if the winner of this fight takes on Forrest Griffin next.

Chamberlain
01-14-2009, 05:56 PM
How would you feel about the winner of Machida and Silva fighting Rampage, for the right to fight Evans?

RandomBalla55
01-14-2009, 06:16 PM
How would you feel about the winner of Machida and Silva fighting Rampage, for the right to fight Evans?

If you do that, then Rashad doesn't fight until like forever. IF that happened, people would ***** about how Rashad is on the sidelines, etc.. It's been rumored that at 96, it'll be Rashad vs Rampage for the LHW title.

Lyoto vs Thiago is probably the #1 contender fight, and I think Lyoto will win pretty handily actually. But, whatever. I don't think Thiago deserves a title shot even if he beats Lyoto due to his resume, but whatever floats the UFC's boat.

Ace vs Hendo will be an awesome fight. I think Ace will outpoint Hendo in a decision, but a very close and exciting fight. Hopefully Shogun ****s on Coleman. I think Karo will beat DHK. Hopefully Nate subs Guida.

As for Affliction, AA vs Fedor will be a good fight for however long it lasts. AA's striking is pretty crisp and working with Freddie Roach will obviously help his technical boxing. However, his ground game is doo-doo and I doubt he'll be able to stuff a Fedor TD attempt. Remember, Roy Nelson (underrated guy of course, but nothing on the level of Fedor) had AA on the ground and was working for a kimura before an incompetent ref stands them up. Once it hits the ground, it's nighty night for Andrei. However, if AA can keep it standing, he has a shot.

mattreis62
01-14-2009, 07:35 PM
Wow, that's a lot of MMA in one month. There's also a WEC event towards the end of the month. Cerrone vs. Varner should be a good fight. Faber vs. Pulver 2 seems pretty unnecessary. Their first fight was entertaining but it was pretty one-sided. I think the WEC feels like Pulver is finished and is just trying to get one more big fight from him before everyone else comes to the same conclusion.

Penny37
01-14-2009, 10:07 PM
Interesting facts

Dan Arlovski has been training with Freddie Roach. The guys who's trained Oscar DeLaHoya and Manny Pacquiao. The master of exposing weaknesses. Arlovski wants to keep this standing (obviously). I like this strategy.

Two of my favorite fighters are fighting in Karo and Vitor. Sadly I think both will lose.:cry:
Last time I checked the Vegas odds, Arlovski was a 4.5 to 1 dog. That's pretty sick.

I can't see it going longer than one round, I really can't.

MarloStanfield
01-14-2009, 11:30 PM
Four weeks in a row of events!

UFC 93: Franklin vs. Henderson

Mark Coleman vs. Shogon Rua
Alan Belchar vs. Dennis Kang
Mark Davis vs. Chris Lyttle
Jeremy Horn vs. Rousimar Palhares

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Andrei Arlovski
Josh Barnett vs. Gilbert Yvel
Vitor Belfort vs. Matt Lindland
Babalu vs. Sokoudjou
Paul Buentello vs. Kiril Sidellnikov

Nate Diaz vs. Clay Guida

UFC Fight Night

Joe Lauzon vs. Hermes Franca
Cain Velasquez vs. Denis Stojnic
Josh Neer vs. Mac Danzig

Hendo vs Frankin - If near prime Hendo shows up I think he gets a convincing decision victory. If age catches up with Hendo and his great chin deteriorates I can see Franklin putting him to sleep. Regardless I still think Hendo has a lot of fight left and he takes it by UD.

Shogun vs. Coleman - Shogun will be motivated and will brutally destroy old man Coleman. Knees. This fight won't make it out of the 3rd round. Hopefully 2009 is a big year for Shogun.

Denis Kang vs Alan Belchar - Kangs UFC debut. Belchar really offers nothing Kang hasn't seen and is basically being fed to Kang. Aside from flash Belchar KO Kang takes this fight easily. Kang by submission or T/KO.

Marcus David vs. Chris Lyttle - Should be a slugfest. Fight of the night potential for sure. Lyttle is such a game fighter and both have very good hands. Lyttle is a better grappler so I'd give him a slight edge. Lyttle by split decision.

Jeremy Horn vs. Rousamir Palhares - Palhares is the real deal and can beat anyone @ 185. He reminds me a lot of a middleweight Arona. He'll mount Horn and TKO or Submit him.

Affliction.

Fedor vs Arlovski - Arlovski is a stud and definitely a top HW but Fedor is just too good. I see Fedor tagging Arlovski on the feet and then finishing the fight on the ground via submission.

Josh Barnett vs Gilbert Yvel - Barnett hopefully won't try trading at with Yvel and make quick work of Gilbert on the ground. Hopefully they pit Gilbert vs. someone who is willing to trade with him next time around. Josh via first around submission.

Vitor Belfort vs. Matt Lindland - If Lindland looks anything like he did last fight Vitor could beat him but Vitor has no heart and Lindland will grind out a decision. This has snoozefest written all over it.

Babalu vs Sokoudjou - Interesting match up. I really think this is a toss up. Since I'm forced to choose I see Sokoudjou tagging Babalu and TKOing him.

UFC 94

Penn vs St. Pierre - My heart says Penn my head says GSP (excuse the cliche). I think BJ proved in his last fight that when he's motivated cardio is no longer an issue for him. GSP really has probably the best combination of athleticism and wrestling in the sport but I don't think he's able to finish Penn anywhere and BJ is definitely the better striker. I can see BJ winning a razor thin decision or hurting GSP on the feet and finishing him. I'll take BJ by something.

Lyoto Machida vs. Thiago Silva - I think Silva is Lyoto's toughest test to date and if/when he wins and doesn't get a title shot something is seriously wrong. I find Lyoto's style refreshing and he's been a favorite of mine long before he stepped foot in the octagon. Silva is no slouch but Lyoto is the top dog in my opinion @ 205. Lyoto by UD.

Some other good fights I'll do later.

Jackass18
01-15-2009, 06:11 AM
UFC 93:
Hendo as long as he doesn't employ some sort of retarded Matt Hammil type strategy. He has the chin, power and wrestling to defeat Franklin.
Shogun as Coleman is like 54 years old. I'm thinking the Hammer will get subbed via triangle.
Kang in his UFC debut. Yes, it does look like they're feeding him a win.
The Irish Hand Grenade as I've never really been that impressed with Lytle. If Lytle wins, then who cares?
Toquinho over Gumby. Lytle/Davis should be a stand up war and this fight should be the opposite, a ground war.

Fedor. It's not wise to pick against him.
Barnett. I'm not sure why he's even fighting Yvel. I don't know, maybe because Aleks couldn't get cleared or something.
Belfort. He looks revitalized in a new division while Lindland looked like crap in his last fight. Yeah, it could end up being a boring LnP decision for Lindland.
Babalu via sub after Soko gasses at the end of the first.
The Head Hunter.

UFC 94:
GSP via superior wrestling and conditioning.
Machida. Silva said he's going to go after Machida which may not be the smartest thing do. But hell, maybe it ends up working.
The American Psycho.
Karo Decisyan via, what else, decision...
Guida.
Fitch. Demoted to the undercard for not being willing to sign his likeness rights over. This will motivate him to dominate.
Manny will catch Thiago with a bomb.

hateraid
01-15-2009, 12:31 PM
^^ Decisyan,lol. Although probably the funnest decision fighter to watch. His Nate Diaz fight was one of the best i've seen.

I'll update after every event.

Oh, and because this IS a crapshoot,lolz, I'm taking the Pitbull.

RandomBalla55
01-15-2009, 07:24 PM
^^ Decisyan,lol. Although probably the funnest decision funnest decision fighter to watch. His Nate Diaz fight was one of the best i've seen.

I'll update after every event.

Oh, and because this IS a crapshoot,lolz, I'm taking the Pitbull.

That title should go to someone like Clay Guida or Tyson Griffin.

hateraid
01-15-2009, 09:27 PM
That title should go to someone like Clay Guida or Tyson Griffin.

Please edit my quote. I went into Jacob 2-2 mode there. I hate when my comp freezes.

daballa13
01-15-2009, 09:52 PM

Rampage is rumored to fight Rashad at 96.

hateraid
01-18-2009, 03:46 PM
Updated. Check OP.

I just about cracked.

I was with a buddy who works for a guy that publishes a magazine called DXL. Fedor is on the cover. I said this is the fight to watch. He says," Yeah, but who has he really beaten?"

:roll:

UFC fans are such tards. I gave him a short list. Cro cop, Hunt, Nog, Randleman, Goodridge, Arona. He said they were past or pre prime. Good lord, I just about lost it. Never listening to this guy again, and he's actually friends with BJ Penn and has a sponsorship with Franklin through Star Chem. What a joke.

Attila
01-18-2009, 09:20 PM
Rampage is rumored to fight Rashad at 96.
Rampage is going to fight Keith Jardine.

Lamar Doom
01-19-2009, 04:53 AM
ufc chatter

Marlooooooo

hateraid
01-21-2009, 08:42 PM
Is nobody not excited to see Vitor fight this weekend? Really, the guys only been knocked out once by Randy, who he's beaten and has wins over Wandy, Prime Herring, Eastman, Yvel...
He's got the fastest hands in the sport and he's getting wrestling training from Extreme Couture along with his bb in BBJ.

He's tailor made for you UFC fans!

MarloStanfield
01-21-2009, 09:34 PM
Is nobody not excited to see Vitor fight this weekend? Really, the guys only been knocked out once by Randy, who he's beaten and has wins over Wandy, Prime Herring, Eastman, Yvel...
He's got the fastest hands in the sport and he's getting wrestling training from Extreme Couture along with his bb in BBJ.

You really consider Vitor's win over Randy legit? I guess you also consider TK's win over Fedor legit as well? He win over Wandy was 10 years ago. He doesn't have the fastest hands in the sport anymore. Jason Lambert, Jason Guida, Drew Mcfedries have also beaten Eastman.

Vitor looks good vs. cans but when it comes to fighting top competition he's weak. Besides beating a green Wanderlei his greatest accomplishment is cutting Randy.

RandomBalla55
01-21-2009, 11:23 PM

Sorry, Lindland will just take down Vitor and lay on him.

Although, it would make me happy to see Vitor KTFO Lindland, but not happening.

hateraid
01-22-2009, 01:52 PM
You really consider Vitor's win over Randy legit? I guess you also consider TK's win over Fedor legit as well? He win over Wandy was 10 years ago. He doesn't have the fastest hands in the sport anymore. Jason Lambert, Jason Guida, Drew Mcfedries have also beaten Eastman.

Vitor looks good vs. cans but when it comes to fighting top competition he's weak. Besides beating a green Wanderlei his greatest accomplishment is cutting Randy.

On the other hand look at his losses. Like I've said, he's only been KO'd once and subbed once. All his losses came from decisions with guys known to bury people. Tito, Liddell, Hendo, all in their prime, all pushed to decision.
IDK, just saying that his record doesn't do him justice and his punching is still on par with todays best. With his training with Extreme Couture I'm sure they've worked with his weaknesses.

My main point is he is tailor made for the UFC fan and people don't recognize him.

RandomBalla55
01-23-2009, 07:31 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: @ this Affliction weigh-in.

I want to watch Fedor and AA weigh-in, and I get to sit here and listen to silence every 10 minutes while Affliction gets this **** sorted out with their bathroom scale. :oldlol: :oldlol:

MarloStanfield
01-23-2009, 08:36 PM
On the other hand look at his losses. Like I've said, he's only been KO'd once and subbed once. All his losses came from decisions with guys known to bury people. Tito, Liddell, Hendo, all in their prime, all pushed to decision.
IDK, just saying that his record doesn't do him justice and his punching is still on par with todays best. With his training with Extreme Couture I'm sure they've worked with his weaknesses.

My main point is he is tailor made for the UFC fan and people don't recognize him.
The main problem with Vitor when he is pressured he folds and fights with no heart. His fights against Sakuraba/Alistair/Hendo are literally embarrassing. Not to mention he has tested positive for steroids on more than one occasion.

I think his record does him plenty justice. All of his wins besides Wandy (green) and Randy (cut) and worthless. ie. Terry Martin/Ivan Serati/Tank/Anthony Rea/Matsui/Southworth/etc. He never beat a top 10 fighter who was a top 10 fighter @ the time.

lefthook00
01-23-2009, 11:59 PM
It's funny that they are all wearing the same(Affliction I'm guessing?) jeans @ the weigh-ins :oldlol:

And Fedor is such a teddy bear. A very very very violent teddy bear.

RandomBalla55
01-24-2009, 11:44 PM
:oldlol:

Hot damn, I was wrong. Vitor KTFO'd Lindland. Lindland was on queer street for a while on the mat.. jeez.

Good call hateraid. And I'm happy to be wrong. =).

daballa13
01-25-2009, 12:00 AM
Watch Josh act with emotion and choose to stand with Yvel, Josh gets a little too emotional at times, I mean the guy pretty much wanted to grapple with Nog the entire time which isn't very smart.

01-25-2009, 12:18 AM
Fedor Vs Andrei coming up next!

bigkingsfan
01-25-2009, 12:40 AM
Holy ****!

RandomBalla55
01-25-2009, 12:41 AM
AA looked good until he just got KTFO'd. He got a bit too acrobatic, going for that flying knee and ****, but I give it up to him for being aggressive. Too bad too. He Urijah Faber'd himself.

:applause: :applause: Fedor though.

Rameek
01-25-2009, 12:44 AM
WOW

01-25-2009, 12:48 AM
Damn, Fedor is a legend!!

Attila
01-25-2009, 12:48 AM
Holy ****.

phelix2000
01-25-2009, 12:59 AM
The Last Emperor takes care of business yet again.

Jackass18
01-25-2009, 01:13 AM
One of the best PPVs in a while. Damn, I should have bet since I got all the fights correct... Oh well, still an awesome event.

Penny37
01-25-2009, 02:22 AM
Anyone have a vid of that fight??

lefthook00
01-25-2009, 02:29 AM
Umm...Andre "The Pitbull" Arlovski just got Michael Vick'd by Fedor "The Last Emperor" Emelianenko...

Parade
01-25-2009, 02:30 AM
Anyone have a vid of that fight??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4ThKAX8W8k

I'm still looking for a vid that has a replay of the ko punch

Penny37
01-25-2009, 02:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4ThKAX8W8k

I'm still looking for a vid that has a replay of the ko punch

Thanks for the link.
From that footage it didn't seem like a really hard hit.
Didn't know Andrei had such a soft chin.

Attila
01-25-2009, 02:45 AM
Thanks for the link.
From that footage it didn't seem like a really hard hit.
Didn't know Andrei had such a soft chin.
It also could of been right on the spot. :confusedshrug:

Penny37
01-25-2009, 02:48 AM
It also could of been right on the spot. :confusedshrug:
Obviously it was.
Still doesn't change the fact that he has a soft chin.
From that video the punch didn't seem too heavy

TMacsOneGoodEye
01-25-2009, 03:14 AM
Been away, but wanted to say "hello" to all my good friends on ISH. Been busy. I'll be back soon.

Anyways, UGH. Why do I ever doubt Fedor? Tonight, I was actually saying, "Well, he deserves one real loss. Sure, Dana White and the UFC with their fake WWE champs, will call him a fraud, but who cares? Fedor has accomplished enough to be able to lose one fight."

Yes, I was actually allowing one Fedor loss. Duh. I'm an idiot. Fedor never loses. What the **** was I thinking?

http://i39.tinypic.com/n66paw.gif

Fedor by whatever he wants against whoever he fights next. His opponent's have accomplished enough in the sport to be awarded a loss to Fedor.

Yeah, against Fedor, even a loss is something to brag about. At least you stepped in there with him.

Smokee
01-25-2009, 03:44 AM
This was so lame. Why does everything but UFC seem so 2nd rate production too?

RedBlackAttack
01-25-2009, 04:43 AM
Been away, but wanted to say "hello" to all my good friends on ISH. Been busy. I'll be back soon.

Anyways, UGH. Why do I ever doubt Fedor? Tonight, I was actually saying, "Well, he deserves one real loss. Sure, Dana White and the UFC with their fake WWE champs, will call him a fraud, but who cares? Fedor has accomplished enough to be able to lose one fight."

Yes, I was actually allowing one Fedor loss. Duh. I'm an idiot. Fedor never loses. What the **** was I thinking?

Fedor by whatever he wants against whoever he fights next. His opponent's have accomplished enough in the sport to be awarded a loss to Fedor.

Yeah, against Fedor, even a loss is something to brag about. At least you stepped in there with him.
Spot on.

This guy is a machine. No one who fights MMA stays undefeated for very long, even the superior guys on the lower circuits. The fact that Fedor has been fighting the absolute elite guys in his division for almost a decade and he just keeps f#cking winning is mind-boggling.

Equally amazing is his unbelievable versatility. He can do what he did tonight by standing and throwing with great efficiency and power. He is a great wrestler who can perform a myriad of throws and shots to get his opponents to the ground. He is an expert in submissions that has the ability to tap you out in any position. He can end a fight with the ground-and-pound very effectively. He knows how to avoid disadvantageous positions like a f#cking savant.

I guess the only real ways to beat Fedor are to:

A. Get lucky with a hard counter when he is on his feet. The problem with this is that he is very judicious when throwing his punches. For not being a good professional boxer, he understands how to stay in control and use footwork to take away a fighter's power.

But, anyone could just get lucky at some point, I guess... (or not)

B. A loss as his skills are declining. Actually, I think Fedor may already be out of his prime, which makes what he is doing that much more amazing.

Simply put, he is the Babe Ruth of MMA. He is the guy that everyone will look back decades from now when the sport has grown immensely and say... "Man... that guy was the GOAT."

Because, like I said... No one goes undefeated for these kinds of stretches in this sport. It is just ridiculous. He is unbeatable in a sport where everyone is beatable at any moment. Crazy...

Anyway... :applause: Fedor

Rameek
01-25-2009, 09:17 AM
This was a lucky punch haymaker... Even watching the slow motion they werent calculated punches...
All though the fight was in the early goings you can see Fedor rethinking and strategizing... The pitbull was executing a boxing tactic nicely.
I cant speak to the mans jaw if its glass or not but he did jump into him guards down and Fedor hit the sweet spot and yes it was heavy punch...The slow motion doesnt give it justice.

I am not implying Fedor would have lost or anything of the sort... IMHO it was a lucky hard punch. I really wanted to see how this match developed because IMHO he had Fedor on his heels. I would love to see a rematch.

Pistol Pete
01-25-2009, 11:52 AM
This was a lucky punch haymaker... Even watching the slow motion they werent calculated punches...
All though the fight was in the early goings you can see Fedor rethinking and strategizing... The pitbull was executing a boxing tactic nicely.
I cant speak to the mans jaw if its glass or not but he did jump into him guards down and Fedor hit the sweet spot and yes it was heavy punch...The slow motion doesnt give it justice.

I am not implying Fedor would have lost or anything of the sort... IMHO it was a lucky hard punch. I really wanted to see how this match developed because IMHO he had Fedor on his heels. I would love to see a rematch.

No punch thrown with the intention to hit is lucky, it simply does not exist. Fedor threw the right hand to put Arlovski down, he accomplished his goal, no luck involved.

He is a monster, I am glad that TMac is still bitter about the UFC and how Brock Lesnar is the #3 Heavyweight in the world, back to watching old Pride Grand Prix's for you my friend....

Rameek
01-25-2009, 12:53 PM
No punch thrown with the intention to hit is lucky, it simply does not exist. Fedor threw the right hand to put Arlovski down, he accomplished his goal, no luck involved.

He is a monster, I am glad that TMac is still bitter about the UFC and how Brock Lesnar is the #3 Heavyweight in the world, back to watching old Pride Grand Prix's for you my friend....
yeah ok...

like they say its better to be lucky sometimes than good...

Zan Tabak
01-25-2009, 02:03 PM
Anyone looking to watch most of the fights ..here's the link.

http://www.dailymotion.com/search/affliction/1

Penny37
01-25-2009, 02:23 PM

If you watch some of Fedor's fights it always looks like he's losing the match and then BAM he just turns it on.
Case in point the fight against Hong Man Choi, or against Randleman.
It looked like he was gonna lose both fights until he just turned it up.

lefthook00
01-25-2009, 02:28 PM

It wasn't a lucky punch...you're supposed to throw the overhand right when someone is about to throw a flying knee...you're also taught to throw it when an opponent is throwing low/high right leg kicks...and over a jab if you're quick enough...and you're supposed to follow with the left hook which Fedor did...

I don't think that punch knocked him out cold though, he was hurt really bad but I think he got completely knocked out when he did a forehead plant on the canvas after he fell :oldlol: hard to see it from that angle though...

01-25-2009, 02:36 PM
If you watch some of Fedor's fights it always looks like he's losing the match and then BAM he just turns it on.
Case in point the fight against Hong Man Choi, or against Randleman.
It looked like he was gonna lose both fights until he just turned it up.

It is because of his intellect. He always reads his opponents first and sacrifices some pain in the process. He then either gets desperate and turns it up a few notches, or just capitalizes on something he saw during the fight.

He is the most complete pound for pound fighter in the MMA, IMO.
His focus, stamina, stand up game, submission game, intelligence, and all of the dominance he showcases in the MMA, he does it with such respect and humbleness.

He truly is the best fighter in the world today, and might be of all time. Can't believe that chubby man is such a robotic beast.

BMOGEFan
01-25-2009, 03:16 PM
This was so lame. Why does everything but UFC seem so 2nd rate production too?

troll.

hateraid
01-25-2009, 03:31 PM
:oldlol:

Hot damn, I was wrong. Vitor KTFO'd Lindland. Lindland was on queer street for a while on the mat.. jeez.

Good call hateraid. And I'm happy to be wrong. =).

Just happy he got back on the mainstream.

If Aff does fold he'll suit UFC really nice. LHW is a bar brawl and Vitor is the bouincer. Well, until we see what Machida does to Silva,

hateraid
01-25-2009, 03:33 PM
[QUOTE=

hateraid
01-25-2009, 03:36 PM
OP updated

Eldrunko247
01-25-2009, 04:16 PM
Lucky punch my ass. All the retards saying Fedor got lucky don't know sh!t about sh!t. Fedor baited AA in, watch his fights in Pride, watch the punch from different angles. Fedor loaded up and threw a bomb that knocked AA out cold turkey.

01-25-2009, 04:18 PM
hateraid, Fedor KO'ed AA in the 1st round not 2nd...

hateraid
01-25-2009, 04:20 PM
[QUOTE=

hateraid
01-25-2009, 04:22 PM
This saturday I hope something erupts in the lockers and Karo finds a way to smash Nate. Go faulking Clay.

hateraid
01-25-2009, 04:26 PM
Lucky punch my ass. All the retards saying Fedor got lucky don't know sh!t about sh!t. Fedor baited AA in, watch his fights in Pride, watch the punch from different angles. Fedor loaded up and threw a bomb that knocked AA out cold turkey.

Well you got to admit it was a matter of perfect timing.

I think Roach did a superb job of getting Arlovski into a gameplan designed to beat Fedor. Arlovski just got to ahead of himself. Didn't plan a "Rope A Dope" and exploded when he thought he had the opening. Fedor just connected at the right time.

In the end Fedor is the best. There is not a fighter in the planet that can take this man down. Only time can beat this guy.

Eldrunko247
01-25-2009, 04:42 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/2uemo36.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/182o0p.gif

See how he rears back and baits Crocop in. He did the same exact thing with AA. Fedor went for the kill and landed square on the button. Didn't help that AA leaped in chin first.

Fedor is 5'11" maybe on a good day. AA is 6'4" with technical boxing skills. Styles make fights, Andre gave Fedor some problems with his size advantage and boxing. Fedor is known for having soft skin which easily bruises and cuts. A lot of people do that come from cold climates. Fedor looked hardly touched. Fedor's face looked worst off rubbing his face against the mat vs Hong Man Choi. Fedor does not come into a fight with a set game plan. He feels fighters out and makes adjustments in fight. Was not lucky any way shape or form. Doesn't matter what AA did up to that point. There was no guarantee if AA didn't attempt a flying knee that he would have won the fight. That's why they call it a fight. There is no such thing as a lucky punch. If you threw it, it was meant to connect with something. I have never seen Fedor do useless sh!t in a fight. NEVER!

DoubleTech
01-25-2009, 05:18 PM
it was cool to see AA giving Fedor a run for his money up until that point. The better fighter won, but AA made sure he's going to be in future cards. He's fighting better in Affliction than he was in UFC.

Attila
01-25-2009, 05:35 PM
For some reason, fighitng in a ring is much more entertaining then a cage.

Smokee
01-25-2009, 06:47 PM
Well you got to admit it was a matter of perfect timing.

I think Roach did a superb job of getting Arlovski into a gameplan designed to beat Fedor. Arlovski just got to ahead of himself. Didn't plan a "Rope A Dope" and exploded when he thought he had the opening. Fedor just connected at the right time.

In the end Fedor is the best. There is not a fighter in the planet that can take this man down. Only time can beat this guy.

I'd love to see him in the UFC. I'm tired of all of the he beat xxx they beat yyyy, so he would tear up ff. I think Fedor is very human and beatable, and nowhere near this level of being above everyone else people make out. Too bad he doesn't fight the best competition of today.

Besides just when you think someone is unbeatable they end up being beat. Anyone is beatable in MMA on any given night. Its a joke he hasn't crossed over yet or made some arrangement to fight since knowing Dana he'd be pushing for it, even if he took a loss in profit, just to see it happen before they aren't in their primes.

Smokee
01-25-2009, 06:52 PM
troll.

lol its true. Its like everything european you see on TV where its just bland looking. Even golf courses in europe give you that same drab feel partly because its always raining and theres those brown patches everywhere. Thats really what its like if you compare it to watching UFC fights. Even the commentators sound like sports radio hosts.

Eldrunko247
01-25-2009, 07:21 PM
I'd love to see him in the UFC. I'm tired of all of the he beat xxx they beat yyyy, so he would tear up ff. I think Fedor is very human and beatable, and nowhere near this level of being above everyone else people make out. Too bad he doesn't fight the best competition of today.

Besides just when you think someone is unbeatable they end up being beat. Anyone is beatable in MMA on any given night. Its a joke he hasn't crossed over yet or made some arrangement to fight since knowing Dana he'd be pushing for it, even if he took a loss in profit, just to see it happen before they aren't in their primes.
Idiot, you know nothing about MMA and you know nothing about Fedor. Shut your mouth poser and go sit in the corner. He just beat two top ranked former UFC HW champs in Sylvia and Arlovski. He already beat former UFC HW champ Nog twice. He already beat former UFC HW champ Randleman and former UFC HW champ Coleman twice. You are one stupid douchey know it all. Study world rankings before you talk retard. I see you watch a lot of t.v. being as brainwashed and stupid you are. If you understand anything about UFC contracts it's very similar to signing your soul away to the devil. There are no fighters union and the UFC contracts are very one sided. Most of the top HW's are not signed with the UFC and Fedor just demolished two of them. Josh Barnett is arguably ranked # 2-3. Fedor has already demolished his biggest challenges. Team Affliction HW's > UFC HW's. Fedor has an open contract with M-1 and Affliction. He's been trying to fight in the UFC.

f-CKEN idiot!

mattreis62
01-25-2009, 07:55 PM
Top 10 HW (sherdog.com):

1. Fedor
2. Andrei Arlovski
3. Josh Barnett
4. Frank Mir
5. Big Nog
6. Brock Lesnar
7. Randy Couture
8. Tim Sylvia
9. Ben Rothwell
10. Alistair Overeem

Who exactly are these great heavyweights that Fedor is going to fight in UFC? Only 4 of Sherdog's top 10 are signed with the UFC and Fedor's already beaten Big Nog twice. Maybe it could have been said in the past that he didn't fight the best competition, but Affliction has built up a pretty damn good group of fighters. Fedor just beat two top 10 HWs with ease, and he'll probably fight another one in Barnett at the next Affliction event. What else does he have to do to prove he's the best?

Eldrunko247
01-25-2009, 08:04 PM
http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo52/AA4142CA/snapshot20090125210000.jpg
http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo52/AA4142CA/snapshot20090125210008.jpg
http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo52/AA4142CA/fh.jpg

Smokee
01-25-2009, 10:49 PM
:oldlol: What a spazz.

I'll get back to you after he loses....just remember i called it :pimp:

MMA changes a lot year to year since it takes time for fighters to learn more, some get too old or lazy, etc. To pretend rankings mean everything is dumb. Even a early career loss doesn't mean the fighter hasn't gotten better. Mir is crafty but he doesn't deserve to be where he's ranked realistically. Good or great fighters lose when they get caught so even losing depending on how they lost doesn't speak for everything.

I think Lesnar or even Lidell could beat Fedor. I hope he doesn't get Couture which he probably will.

Penny37
01-25-2009, 10:57 PM

MMA changes a lot year to year since it takes time for fighters to learn more, some get too old or lazy, etc. To pretend rankings mean everything is dumb. Even a early career loss doesn't mean the fighter hasn't gotten better. Mir is crafty but he doesn't deserve to be where he's ranked realistically. Good or great fighters lose when they get caught so even losing depending on how they lost doesn't speak for everything.

I think Lesnar or even Lidell could beat Fedor. I hope he doesn't get Couture which he probably will.
I really can't stand "MMA fans" who only watch UFC and claim that they have the best fighters in the world.

Their Heavyweight Division is VERY weak. Fedor would rip it apart.

And anyone who thinks Fedor would lose to Lesnar because he's a lot bigger is retarded. Fedor has taken on guys who are alot bigger than Lesnar and beat them with ease.

Case in point: Hong Man Choi

Zombles
01-25-2009, 11:00 PM
UFC heavyweight division is actually getting pretty legit and full of young talent.

The classics: Big Nog, Randy, Herring.

Jiu-jitsu black belts: Gonzaga, Mir.

NCAA All Americans: Lesnar, Carwin, Valasquez.

K-1 strikers and Muay Thai champions: Barry, Hardonk, Congo

http://i39.tinypic.com/182o0p.gif

See how he rears back and baits Crocop in. He did the same exact thing with AA. Fedor went for the kill and landed square on the button.

right, letting Cro Cop break his nose was part of the plan. Fedor threw that overhand because he was hurt bad and needed to get some space.

Anyways, with two stoppages over ranked heavyweights Fedor's P4P supremacy is pretty much unchallengeable, all due respect to the Spider.

Arlobvski was clearly winning that fight though. Fedor couldn't take him down from the clinch and Andrei was landing rights and low kicks at will. But like Fedor said the guy makes mistakes and you just have to wait for him. Can't hate too much though, he's fought in the ring once in his entire career and isn't used to guys being able to bounce off the ropes. In a cage that flying knee probably doesn't get countered.

01-26-2009, 12:03 AM
Arlobvski was clearly winning that fight though. Fedor couldn't take him down from the clinch and Andrei was landing rights and low kicks at will. But like Fedor said the guy makes mistakes and you just have to wait for him. Can't hate too much though, he's fought in the ring once in his entire career and isn't used to guys being able to bounce off the ropes. In a cage that flying knee probably doesn't get countered.

Watch the fight again and quit over-exaggerating. No one really landed a clean punch in the fight until Fedor ended it all. AA was winning the fight but that's mostly because of Fedor's patience. He likes to read all of his opponents and never get flustered by the opposition. You will never see Fedor start showing carelessness after his opponents hits him with a bunch of good combo's. He is a robot, he knows when to attack. And AA found that out the hard way last night.

Fedor is #1 PFP fighter in the world and maybe of all-time.
Respect!

Smokee
01-26-2009, 12:47 AM
I really can't stand "MMA fans" who only watch UFC and claim that they have the best fighters in the world.

Their Heavyweight Division is VERY weak. Fedor would rip it apart.

And anyone who thinks Fedor would lose to Lesnar because he's a lot bigger is retarded. Fedor has taken on guys who are alot bigger than Lesnar and beat them with ease.

Case in point: Hong Man Choi

Choi dominated him, just like Lesnar would. He got caught with his arm out(or was it leg?) just like Lesnar learned not to do vs Mir.

I can't stand people who think they are hardcore and don't really know WTF they are talking about :rolleyes:

I swear the way half of you see **** is so backwards to what actually happens.

Eldrunko247
01-26-2009, 01:01 AM
Choi dominated him, just like Lesnar would. He got caught with his arm out(or was it leg?) just like Lesnar learned not to do vs Mir.

I can't stand people who think they are hardcore and don't really know WTF they are talking about :rolleyes:

It's called an arm bar! Got caught with your arm or leg out just doesn't cut you f-cktard. Fedor worked for that armbar. Dominated? HMC didn't even touch him. You are a pathetic lying douchey loser. Go watch woman's tennis or WNBA. Something that's more appropriate for you. Even a newb knows some technical terms. You know absolutely nothing. You've been watching too much TUF on Spike TV. You suck at life Smoookee.

Eldrunko247
01-26-2009, 01:16 AM
http://i43.tinypic.com/8zkzm1.gif

Penny37
01-26-2009, 02:07 AM

That was his gameplan the entire time.
If you watch the fight he was going for the armbar from the start.
And he successfully executed it.
I would hardly say that HMC "dominated" him.

Ridiculous.

Smokee
01-26-2009, 02:32 AM
It's called an arm bar! Got caught with your arm or leg out just doesn't cut you f-cktard. Fedor worked for that armbar. Dominated? HMC didn't even touch him. You are a pathetic lying douchey loser. Go watch woman's tennis or WNBA. Something that's more appropriate for you. Even a newb knows some technical terms. You know absolutely nothing. You've been watching too much TUF on Spike TV. You suck at life Smoookee.

Heres the fight jackass. Now anyone can see how much of a blind retard you are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i0iZcLIrTQ

:pimp:

sunsfan1357
01-26-2009, 02:49 AM

WTF are you talking about? HMC laid on Fedor twice. Both times as soon as he started throwing punches Fedor had an arm bar in. How is that HMC dominating?

Penny37
01-26-2009, 02:50 AM

So you claim that HMC is a better fighter than Fedor.
And that Fedor just got "lucky" with the armbar.
And Fedor got "lucky" with his KO punch on AA.

Is that about right?
Fedor just gets really lucky all the time?
That's how he goes pretty much undefeated throughout his career fighting the best HW's out there?

Eldrunko247
01-26-2009, 03:31 AM

Troll

KRAYZIE
01-26-2009, 03:32 AM
http://i43.tinypic.com/8zkzm1.gif
I'd love to see Roach's reaction when this happened.:roll:

KRAYZIE
01-26-2009, 03:42 AM

:roll:
Thanks for the laugh.

Eldrunko247
01-26-2009, 04:20 AM
I'd love to see Roach's reaction when this happened.:roll:

http://mmamania.com/2009/01/25/freddie-roach-lucky-punch-from-fedor-floors-cocky-arlovski-at-affliction/

[QUOTE]Freddy Cockroach

01-26-2009, 08:02 AM
http://mmamania.com/2009/01/25/freddie-roach-lucky-punch-from-fedor-floors-cocky-arlovski-at-affliction/

Whatever makes that idiot sleep better at night. AA didn't do anything in that fight that was worth mentioning. He landed more punches but I don't recall any single punch that hurt Fedor.

Smokee
01-26-2009, 04:13 PM
So you claim that HMC is a better fighter than Fedor.
And that Fedor just got "lucky" with the armbar.
And Fedor got "lucky" with his KO punch on AA.

Is that about right?
Fedor just gets really lucky all the time?
That's how he goes pretty much undefeated throughout his career fighting the best HW's out there?

No i'm saying you all ride Fedor's nuts too hard because he doesn't dominate nearly on the level you all pretend.

Choi is bad. He doesn't know any moves, he's just a huge oversized scrubb. But he still more or less physically dominated Fedor if it weren't for Fedor beating him with an arm bar.

Fedor is good but he's not what his homers make him out to be. He's not unbeatable, he just hasn't fought enough good competition to lose yet. Everyone loses, even Anderson Silva, GSP, etc. who were once Fedor status of unbeatable with their homers too. MMA is a sport where anyone can be caught, people easily jump in and out of their 'primes' for whatever reasons, etc. and the way you all prop Fedor is a joke. Its like how Kobe fans hype Kobe as greater than he is.

It makes me laugh how people think Lidell sucks now just because he's gotten caught a few times but he also has fought tougher opponents than most fighters in MMA.

ErhnamDjinn
01-26-2009, 04:19 PM
No i'm saying you all ride Fedor's nuts too hard because he doesn't dominate nearly on the level you all pretend.

Choi is bad. He doesn't know any moves, he's just a huge oversized scrubb. But he still more or less physically dominated Fedor if it weren't for Fedor beating him with an arm bar.

Fedor is good but he's not what his homers make him out to be. He's not unbeatable, he just hasn't fought enough good competition to lose yet. Everyone loses, even Anderson Silva, GSP, etc. who were once Fedor status of unbeatable with their homers too. MMA is a sport where anyone can be caught, people easily jump in and out of their 'primes' for whatever reasons, etc. and the way you all prop Fedor is a joke. Its like how Kobe fans hype Kobe as greater than he is.

It makes me laugh how people think Lidell sucks now just because he's gotten caught a few times but he also has fought tougher opponents than most fighters in MMA.
doesnt dominate?? he KO's 1 guy in a single punch, he subbed tim in 38 seconds, he schooled cro-cop standing and on the ground. He's never lost since he loss to TK which was a accidental cut. WTF??? Brock Lesnar on the other hand who people keep touting as the next kin of god couldnt even out wrestle a 44 year old randy, couldnt even finish a not so high level herring. :no: Oh please what will it take people to see that Fedor is leagues away from everyone else. No way is he overrated by any means. Dude shouldnt be called the last emeperor he should be the terminator

hateraid
01-28-2009, 01:37 AM
Winner of Penn vs. St.Pierre

Penn- Stay WW perhaps? What's left in LW? Diaz if he wins? WW has Alves, Parisyan but not much else after.

St. Pierre- Step up to MW? I'd like to see him go at Damien Maia before tussling Anderson.

Zan Tabak
01-28-2009, 02:24 AM
Winner of Penn vs. St.Pierre

Penn- Stay WW perhaps? What's left in LW? Diaz if he wins? WW has Alves, Parisyan but not much else after.

St. Pierre- Step up to MW? I'd like to see him go at Damien Maia before tussling Anderson.

If Penn wins, I say he drops the LW title and continues at WW (but rumor has it, if he beats GSP he's going after Anderson)

If GSP wins he'll defend his title atleast one more time to Thiago Alves. After that, your guess is as good as mine.

hateraid
01-28-2009, 02:36 AM
If Penn wins, I say he drops the LW title and continues at WW (but rumor has it, if he beats GSP he's going after Anderson)

If GSP wins he'll defend his title atleast one more time to Thiago Alves. After that, your guess is as good as mine.

I know Penn is crazy but I didn't think he was suicidal. But who knows, WW and LW seem to have a pretty big drop off after GSP and Penn. Alves seems like the natural step for the both of them.

Penn stays LW, he's got Florian, but I hope he smashes Diaz. Both would seem like cakewalks. WW seems like a better challenge. He may want to take on a MW gate keeper like Jason McDonald before stepping up two classes.

MarloStanfield
01-28-2009, 02:39 AM
I know Penn is crazy but I didn't think he was suicidal. But who knows, WW and LW seem to have a pretty big drop off after GSP and Penn. Alves seems like the natural step for the both of them.

Penn stays LW, he's got Florian, but I hope he smashes Diaz. Both would seem like cakewalks. WW seems like a better challenge. He may want to take on a MW gate keeper like Jason McDonald before stepping up two classes.
Vitor looked impressive...(me eating crow)

hateraid
01-28-2009, 02:48 AM
Vitor looked impressive...(me eating crow)

I'll be glad to cut it up for you and dip it in plum sauce:D

I just checked MMA ranking and top ten are all in UFC.

MarloStanfield
01-28-2009, 02:50 AM
I'll be glad to cut it up for you and dip it in plum sauce:D

I just checked MMA ranking and top ten are all in UFC.
top 10?

hateraid
01-28-2009, 02:52 AM
top 10?

LHW I meant ( I was thinking about Vitor)

Zan Tabak
01-28-2009, 12:41 PM
Interesting article about the Penn/GSP fight..this is going to be some good sh!t!

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=AgupXLHoWFPu_e1_5aXAkGA5nYcB?slug=dm-gsp012609&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Smokee
01-28-2009, 01:23 PM
Dana already said GSP would get Silva of he wins against Penn(i linked the vid in the other mma thread). He didn't seem to be in favor of Penn fighting Silva tho.

hateraid
01-29-2009, 03:45 PM
Dana already said GSP would get Silva of he wins against Penn(i linked the vid in the other mma thread). He didn't seem to be in favor of Penn fighting Silva tho.

Yeah, but does Silva want GSP? Sounds like he's dead set on retiring. Alves should get his shot first.

hateraid
01-31-2009, 04:03 AM
Fight day. I'm stoked.

Hateraid's locks:

Lyoto Machida vs. Thiago Silva- Machida decision
Stephan Bonnar vs. Jon Jones- Bonnar 2nd round TKO
Karo Parisyan vs. Dong Kim- Parisyan decision (I've been anticipating this, hope Karo gets back in the mix)
Nate Diaz vs. Clay Guida- Guida decision ( I like Nick, hate Nate)
Jon Fitch vs. Akihiro Gono- Gono decision ( my upset pick)
Manny Gamburyan vs. Thiago Tavarez- Gamburyan decision

Main Event:
BJ Penn vs. George St. Pierre- St. Pierre 4th round TKO

I think this fight will turn out like their first where BJ will come out viciously and inflict alot of damage in the first. Likely owning round one. Then GSP will psuh the pace, keep on smothering and neutralizing BJ's attacks. BJ will be on his back most of the fight. Eventually GSP will take a solid mount GnP him till the ref breaks it up.

Jackass18
01-31-2009, 12:04 PM
LHW I meant ( I was thinking about Vitor)

Vitor is at MW now, and not all of Sherdog's top 10 LHWs are in the UFC. Lil Nog is at 10, and I think Babalu will jump up there if Silva loses to Machida.

Fedor is going to run out of competition soon outside of the UFC. After he beats Barnett, then who else is there? He won't fight Sergei or Aleks and Overeem will probably be in the UFC by then. I wonder if they'd throw Manhoef at him considering what he did to Hunt.

hateraid
01-31-2009, 12:15 PM
Vitor is at MW now, and not all of Sherdog's top 10 LHWs are in the UFC. Lil Nog is at 10, and I think Babalu will jump up there if Silva loses to Machida.

Fedor is going to run out of competition soon outside of the UFC. After he beats Barnett, then who else is there? He won't fight Sergei or Aleks and Overeem will probably be in the UFC by then. I wonder if they'd throw Manhoef at him considering what he did to Hunt.

I thought Lindland went up to 205?
Vitor has to much muscle mass to maintain that weight class.

Picks for tonight?

Zan Tabak
01-31-2009, 12:17 PM
Zan's locks:

Lyoto Machida vs. Thiago Silva- Machida by decision(he's so elusive)
Stephan Bonnar vs. Jon Jones- Bonner by TKO rd 2
Karo Parisyan vs. Dong Kim- Parisyan by sub rd 3
Nate Diaz vs. Clay Guida- Diaz by sub rd 2 (triangle)
Jon Fitch vs. Akihiro Gono- Fitch by tko rd 1 (ground and pound)
Manny Gamburyan vs. Thiago Tavarez- Tavarez by sub (round 2)
Main Event:
BJ Penn vs. George St. Pierre- BJ Penn by TKO round 2 (I see GSP going for one of his famous take downs and BJ catching him with a knee.)

Either way this is going to be a card for the ages! :cheers:

RandomBalla55
01-31-2009, 02:52 PM
Lyoto Machida vs. Thiago Silva - Machida. I like Thiago and his ruthless aggression, but this same aggression is going to get him finished tonight. I don't see how he wins unless he somehow gets this fight onto the ground and mounts Lyoto, which is slim to none. Maybe he'll get lucky like Tito though and get Lyoto in a triangle? Anyway, Lyoto by Rd. 2 GnP stoppage.

Stephan Bonnar vs. Jon Jones - Pretty intriguing IMHO. I think Bonnar will take it though, but Jones's last fight against Gusmao was supposedly pretty impressive.

Karo Parisyan vs. Dong Kim - Karo looks like he's sick and he's fighting like nervous panic attacks. I like DHK if he shows up with cardio. I don't think Karo's judo is any better then DHK's either. Give me an upset here, DHK by Rd. 2 GnP.

Nate Diaz vs. Clay Guida - I'll have to go with Nate. You know what Clay is going to do already, and try to put Nate on his back for 15 minutes. 15 minutes is more than enough time for Nate to sub Clay. I don't know what round or whenever, but I expect Nate to win.

Jon Fitch vs. Akihiro Gono - Fitch by Rd. 1 GnP.

Manny Gamburyan vs. Thiago Tavares - Thiago Tavares by decision. Too big for Manny, who should be at like 145, and Thiago looks like a friggin 185er at LW.

BJ Penn vs GSP: BJ Penn by Rd. 3 sub. IF GSP can get this fight on the mat consistently in the beginning, I'll be absolutely shocked. The only way I see GSP taking down BJ is in the latter rounds or if / when BJ gasses. I think GSP will get rattled the moment he can't take the fight where he wants it to go, and even if he does get it on the ground, he's not going to do anything of significance to BJ. IF GSP wins, I think it'll be in the latter rounds, but I think for now, BJ will catch GSP when he's shooting in for a desperation takedown, take his back, and choke his ass out.

Eldrunko247
01-31-2009, 03:21 PM

Shut up idiot. Why do you keep trolling the MMA threads? You're obviously just a "UFC fan boy" and clearly not an MMA fan. Why don't you go and pretend like you know politics or something. You know, like you usually do. I swear Smookee, you're the biggest loser on ISH. God danm disgrace to Asian people.

Smokee
01-31-2009, 04:30 PM
Shut up idiot. Why do you keep trolling the MMA threads? You're obviously just a "UFC fan boy" and clearly not an MMA fan. Why don't you go and pretend like you know politics or something. You know, like you usually do. I swear Smookee, you're the biggest loser on ISH. God danm disgrace to Asian people.

lmao don't get mad i'm always right slant eyes,

Sometimes it feels like a curse i'm always right actually.

Fedor would lose if he went to UFC, i'm calling it before it happens like usual :pimp:

Go eat a dog loser.

01-31-2009, 06:45 PM
lmao don't get mad i'm always right slant eyes,

Sometimes it feels like a curse i'm always right actually.

Fedor would lose if he went to UFC, i'm calling it before it happens like usual :pimp:

Go eat a dog loser.

Go hang yourself racist.
You are an idiot though. The same idiots who kept begging for Fedor to face some real competitions have gotten their wish and still have something to bicker about when it comes to Fedor.

UFC is a sport where 1 punch can knock you out, if Fedor hasn't been knocked out yet, that obviously means he is doing something right. He has a strong threshold for pain, cautious, good stand up and excellent ground game. His concentration in the ring is 2nd to none and his humble personality helps him have that focus in the ring.

He is the real thing, AA is a great fighter but he made a mistake that you have yet to see Fedor make in his MMA career.

Stop hating ass clown.

Jackass18
01-31-2009, 07:46 PM
Predictions for full card:

GSP
Machida
The American Psycho
Parisyan
Guida
Fitch
Gamburyan
Wilson
O'Brien
Arroyo

I went 10-0 on my Affliction picks, I forgot to update it for 1 fight so no 11-0, but I don't think I put my full picks here. I think I'm probably due to do something bad for this card. I'll probably end something like 6-4 or 5-5 or some crap.

barkleynash
01-31-2009, 09:32 PM
[QUOTE=

Jackass18
01-31-2009, 11:16 PM
Damn, Diaz has a pretty big reach advantage.

Jackass18
01-31-2009, 11:28 PM
Nice, 2 rounds for Guida. Guida better win the decision... Alright, I'll take a split.

jc23
01-31-2009, 11:35 PM
Surprised clay didn't get that first round. Whatever he still got the win! I hate Nate.

RandomBalla55
01-31-2009, 11:36 PM
Well, swing and miss for me. Clay wins.

At least I got the Tavares decision on cue. Wish we could see Gono's entrance, but whatever.

Jackass18
02-01-2009, 12:00 AM
Heat/Stun Gun is even after the 2nd. Stun Gun looks a bit winded.

Jackass18
02-01-2009, 12:06 AM
Karo may eke out a razor thin decision. The Heat by split. Way to go Decisyan...

The Italian
02-01-2009, 12:07 AM
Both looked gassed in that third round.

RandomBalla55
02-01-2009, 12:07 AM
:confusedshrug: @ this entire card so far being full of decisions. Not one finish.

The Italian
02-01-2009, 12:09 AM
Karo wins the Split Decision.

jc23
02-01-2009, 12:09 AM
Last two fights have been close, I'm glad Heat won that.

Eldrunko247
02-01-2009, 12:19 AM
Last two fights have been close, I'm glad Heat won that.
he was gifted a win. stun gun got robbed.

Jackass18
02-01-2009, 12:25 AM
Man, I thought that elbow put Bonnar out. Looks like it was to the back of the head, though.

jc23
02-01-2009, 12:28 AM
he was gifted a win. stun gun got robbed.

Agreed. I'm a heat fan though, so I'm obviously pleased.
Bonnar has been caught a few times, the elbow and knee haven't done it yet though.

RandomBalla55
02-01-2009, 12:30 AM
:applause: :applause: to Jon Jones. He looks like a badass at 205.

Jackass18
02-01-2009, 12:31 AM
Jones has some awesome throws, but he doesn't do anything on the ground and he's fading. He still won the first 2 rounds, though.

Damn, I almost picked Jones.

RandomBalla55
02-01-2009, 12:33 AM
Jones has some awesome throws, but he doesn't do anything on the ground and he's fading. He still won the first 2 rounds, though.

True. He needs to work on his cardio, but the potential is already definitely there.

Parade
02-01-2009, 12:35 AM
link to fight?

jc23
02-01-2009, 12:36 AM
link to fight?

http://www.freesportsnetwork.net/

Parade
02-01-2009, 12:51 AM
http://www.freesportsnetwork.net/
:cheers:

Jackass18
02-01-2009, 12:55 AM
Machida!

Zombles
02-01-2009, 12:59 AM
Holy **** Machida :cheers: :cheers: :bowdown:

more aggressive than we've ever seen him in the octagon and he gets two knockdowns, two takedowns, and finishes with a sick shogun/fedor-style leaping punch over the guard.

RandomBalla55
02-01-2009, 01:00 AM
Machida vs Rashad is going to be pretty damn good.. :applause: .

The Italian
02-01-2009, 01:02 AM
Very impressive fight from Machida. That knockout was sick.

jc23
02-01-2009, 01:04 AM
this fight is going to be awesome.

FashionIssues
02-01-2009, 01:11 AM
gsp is a fricking macine

The Italian
02-01-2009, 01:22 AM
BJ's balance is amazing. He was hopping around on one foot for ever it seemed like.

I'd give round one to GSP but it was close.

GSP finally gets him to the ground.

bigkingsfan
02-01-2009, 01:26 AM
GSP owning, 10-8 2nd round.

The Italian
02-01-2009, 01:28 AM
GSP definitely dominated that round. 10-8 for sure. BJ's defense on the ground is really good though.

BJ looks like he is starting to gas.

Jackass18
02-01-2009, 01:32 AM
Man, I don't know how any WW is going to be able to hang with GSP.

bigkingsfan
02-01-2009, 01:39 AM
BJ throws in the towel.

RandomBalla55
02-01-2009, 01:40 AM
Alright, wow, I was way off on BJ except for the fact that he'd be able to stuff GSP's TDs in the 1st.

Wow. Dismantling BJ and making it look really easy..

The Italian
02-01-2009, 01:43 AM
So what happened? It seems like almost every single stream went down just as the 4th was finishing. There was 22 seconds left and GSP was putting the pressure on BJ when the streams stopped working.

Did BJ throw in the towel at the end of the 4th?

Jackass18
02-01-2009, 01:43 AM
Well, that fight does show some pretty clear bias in the Mir/Lesnar fight.

Zombles
02-01-2009, 01:44 AM
jesus.

GSP passed BJ's guard like it was nothing and was hitting every takedown after the first round.

Pierre has the sickest top-game I've ever seen in MMA and that includes Fedor and prime Hughes.

Jackass18
02-01-2009, 01:44 AM
His brother called the fight.

Alves is going to get killed... if he can make weight...

jc23
02-01-2009, 01:45 AM
So what happened? It seems like almost every single stream went down just as the 4th was finishing. There was 22 seconds left and GSP was putting the pressure on BJ when the streams stopped working.

Every stream went down! im pissed. GSP dominated, he did whatever he wanted whenever.

Zombles
02-01-2009, 01:45 AM

his brother tapped the doctor on the shoulder and threw in the towel.

good brother.

and good luck at 155 bj.

The Italian
02-01-2009, 01:49 AM
his brother tapped the doctor on the shoulder and threw in the towel.

good brother.

and good luck at 155 bj.
Alright thanks.

So what is next for GSP? I haven't been paying much attention to MMA for the past month or so.

Showtime
02-01-2009, 01:49 AM
Haha run your mouth and get owned fatty. Look into a Popey's Chicken sponsorship.

Zombles
02-01-2009, 01:52 AM
Alright thanks.

So what is next for GSP? I haven't been paying much attention to MMA for the past month or so.

Thiago Alves, cat who just murdered Koscheck.

lakers_forever
02-01-2009, 02:07 AM
Next Champ. Lyoto "Ryu" Machida. Guy wins every fight without getting hit. Watch out Rashad.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb188/kharsajuuk/RyuMachida.png

Pistol Pete
02-01-2009, 02:12 AM
Georges will run through Thiago Alves, very proud tonight, a complete beatdown of someone who was talking way too much.

You quit and you're a *****

Indeed BJ Penn, indeed, a giant bowl of karma if I've ever seen one, justice is sweet in the fight game.

Jackass18
02-01-2009, 02:12 AM
GSP will likely fight Alves and rape him, which could set up a superfight against Anderson Silva. Although, Penn got raped it could have actually been a good thing. Some people need to get humbled like that before they truly get motivated.

Machida shut his stupid critics up tonight.

sommervilleCdn
02-01-2009, 02:15 AM
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c335/Bling_Dogg01/MattHughes-IloveIt.gif

u can't stop GSP... matt hughes, even agrees.

Pistol Pete
GSP will likely fight Alves and rape him, which could set up a superfight against Anderson Silva. Although, Penn got raped it could have actually been a good thing. Some people need to get humbled like that before they truly get motivated.

That was a motivated Penn, god help me if now BJ has his "epiphany" and realizes he needs to take fighting seriously, I'll vomit - he cannot compete with St. Pierre at 170 pounds, he needs to realize he is a dominant 155 pounder, and that's where he belongs.

RandomBalla55

Possibly.

Even though BJ lost fights before, you could argue that if he was in better shape, he could've won.

Tonight? No matter what shape BJ was in, he wasn't winning tonight.

GSP is a bad, bad, bad man. Thiago Alves is a stud, but Fitch and BJ were / are studs too, and GSP made them look like amateurs that don't belong in the Octagon.

bjtrdff
02-01-2009, 02:22 AM
Thiago Alves, cat who just murdered Koscheck.

Or, you know, Thiago Silva, the guy who actually fought, and isn't near close to the top contender.

bjtrdff
02-01-2009, 02:23 AM

Again, maybe get the name of the guy youre talking about right?

Jackass18
02-01-2009, 02:25 AM
That was a motivated Penn, god help me if now BJ has his "epiphany" and realizes he needs to take fighting seriously, I'll vomit - he cannot compete with St. Pierre at 170 pounds, he needs to realize he is a dominant 155 pounder, and that's where he belongs.

Yeah, Penn was motivated, but he was still overconfident. Last time they fought, GSP won a rather cheap decision. Plus, GSP was dazed and confused at the end of the 1st round in that fight. I think Penn thought he could just up his training a bit and he'd win because of the 1st fight. Now, he just got humbled.

I went 6-4 with my pics. Yep, I was due for a lousy night of predictions.

bjtrdff
02-01-2009, 02:27 AM
Yeah, Penn was motivated, but he was still overconfident. Last time they fought, GSP won a rather cheap decision. Plus, GSP was dazed and confused at the end of the 1st round in that fight. I think Penn thought he could just up his training a bit and he'd win because of the 1st fight. Now, he just got humbled.

It wasn't a cheap decision unless you were related to BJ. He one one round, and lost two. And if the background fight night doc was remotely accurate, there's no comparing the prep of GSP and Penn.

Jackass18
02-01-2009, 02:27 AM
Again, maybe get the name of the guy youre talking about right?

Uh, what name didn't I get right?

Pistol Pete
02-01-2009, 02:31 AM

You're absolutely retarded if you don't think Penn was prepared for this fight, especially given his recent performance with Stevenson and Sherk. And St. Pierre won a decision the first time, it was rather "cheap" how Penn inflicted all his damage with an eye poke and a glancing uppercut, it's time you realize Penn cannot compete with St. Pierre at 170 pounds, he could take two years to prepare for St. Pierre, he's not getting it done.

Jackass18
02-01-2009, 02:31 AM
It wasn't a cheap decision unless you were related to BJ. He one one round, and lost two. And if the background fight night doc was remotely accurate, there's no comparing the prep of GSP and Penn.

Yes, it was a cheap decision. First off, it's cheap due to the stupid 10-point must system they use which is better suited for boxing. Penn's 1st round > GSP's 2nd and 3rd. If it was fought under, say Dreams rules, then Penn wins hands down. Secondly, that 3rd round was an awfully weak way for GSP to win that fight. He got some TDs but he didn't really do much with them. It was a rather weak round, and to win like that was cheap, especially considering how f*cked GSP was after the 1st. It was cheap unless you hate BJ and/or ****** on GSP.

Pistol Pete
02-01-2009, 02:34 AM
Yes, it was a cheap decision. First off, it's cheap due to the stupid 10-point must system they use which is better suited for boxing. Penn's 1st round > GSP's 2nd and 3rd. If it was fought under, say Dreams rules, then Penn wins hands down. Secondly, that 3rd round was an awfully weak way for GSP to win that fight. He got some TDs but he didn't really do much with them. It was a rather weak round, and to win like that was cheap, especially considering how f*cked GSP was after the 1st. It was cheap unless you hate BJ and/or ****** on GSP.

By the same logic, takedowns are better then eye pokes.

macmac
02-01-2009, 02:35 AM
I can't believe how ironic this whole fight was....Penn disrespecting Raz, and calling GSP a quitter.....if you tap out from strikes you're a quitter....hahahahahaa, well that came right back down your throat Penn....

bjtrdff
02-01-2009, 02:37 AM

Not the same system, not the same comparison, and if you want to apply that to one fight, you have to apply it to every decision there's been in the ufc since the changeover. And sorry, but you talking out of your ass doesn't change reality. Penn lucked out with one good round 3 years ago, and he got absolutely mauled this time.

ANd the fighter your got wrong was Thiago Silva, who fought tonight, not Thiago Alves (who was mentioned as fighting earlier in the thread), although I'm sure you'll deny that and say you meant him all along.

Zombles
02-01-2009, 02:40 AM
we mentioned Alves as the guy St. Pierre was gonna fight next.

reading comprehension, you should check it out sometime

Pistol Pete
02-01-2009, 02:40 AM
Not the same system, not the same comparison, and if you want to apply that to one fight, you have to apply it to every decision there's been in the ufc since the changeover. And sorry, but you talking out of your ass doesn't change reality. Penn lucked out with one good round 3 years ago, and he got absolutely mauled this time.

ANd the fighter your got wrong was Thiago Silva, who fought tonight, not Thiago Alves (who was mentioned as fighting earlier in the thread), although I'm sure you'll deny that and say you meant him all along.

He was talking about Georges St. Pierre and his next opponent, Thiago Alves - the guy who got into the Octagon during the post fight interviews.

bjtrdff
02-01-2009, 02:42 AM
He was talking about Georges St. Pierre and his next opponent, Thiago Alves - the guy who got into the Octagon during the post fight interviews.

An earlier post talked about Alves fighting tonight, which he didn't, hence my calling on it.

And I don't believe that Alves was mentioned as the no 1 contender yet, right?

Jackass18
02-01-2009, 02:43 AM
You're absolutely retarded if you don't think Penn was prepared for this fight, especially given his recent performance with Stevenson and Sherk. And St. Pierre won a decision the first time, it was rather "cheap" how Penn inflicted all his damage with an eye poke and a glancing uppercut, it's time you realize Penn cannot compete with St. Pierre at 170 pounds, he could take two years to prepare for St. Pierre, he's not getting it done.

Retarded because I have an opinion that differs from yours? Go eff yourself with that BS. Sherk and Stevenson, ay? Neither of them are close to GSP's level. I'm trying to say that wasn't Penn at his best. Why am I retarded to think that? I'm not saying Penn would hang with GSP anymore, but he's better than that. I'm saying that Penn could do better job than what he did.

Great, more stupid BS about the first GSP/Penn fight. Penn landed over 100 strikes in that fight. GSP was so dazed and confused after the 1st round that he went to the wrong corner... Penn didn't have a scratch on him after the fight while GSP went to the hospital. Great, GSP outwrestled Penn for a bit in the 3rd. Awesome scoring system there. Take a guy down a couple times and actually get outworked from the bottom and walk away with a win...

Pistol Pete
02-01-2009, 02:43 AM
An earlier post talked about Alves fighting tonight, which he didn't, hence my calling on it.

He was brought into the octagon, St. Pierre acknowledging he is the #1 contender, Alves congratulating St. Pierre on a great performance and saying he'd love a chance at the title - Joe Rogan initiating the entire thing by posing the question of Thiago Alves being the next challenge.

Pistol Pete
02-01-2009, 02:48 AM
Retarded because I have an opinion that differs from yours? Go eff yourself with that BS. Sherk and Stevenson, ay? Neither of them are close to GSP's level. I'm trying to say that wasn't Penn at his best. Why am I retarded to think that? I'm not saying Penn would hang with GSP anymore, but he's better than that. I'm saying that Penn could do better job than what he did.

Great, more stupid BS about the first GSP/Penn fight. Penn landed over 100 strikes in that fight. GSP was so dazed and confused after the 1st round that he went to the wrong corner... Penn didn't have a scratch on him after the fight while GSP went to the hospital. Great, GSP outwrestled Penn for a bit in the 3rd. Awesome scoring system there. Take a guy down a couple times and actually get outworked from the bottom and walk away with a win...

Really? Because Georges St. Pierre actually landed more strikes in that fight then BJ Penn did - 135 to 104. He was also control for the entire fight when it was on the ground.

http://www.fightmetric.com/fights/GSP-Penn.html

What is your next excuse? BJ Penn is not on the same level as Georges St. Pierre.

Jackass18
02-01-2009, 02:50 AM

Uh huh, show me where I messed up...

Jackass18
02-01-2009, 02:59 AM
and if you want to apply that to one fight, you have to apply it to every decision there's been in the ufc since the changeover

I'm vocal about not liking the stupid scoring system they use. I used that fight as one example.

Penn lucked out with one good round 3 years ago, and he got absolutely mauled this time.

Uh huh, you GSP ******gers go a little too crazy. It's a shame since GSP is one of my favorites. Anytime anyone ever does good against GSP, then it's all luck... Uh huh, Serra was lucky, Hughes was lucky, Penn was lucky and whoever finally manages to beat GSP in the future will be lucky, too... F*ck, we all know he's great, but he's not invincible. Damn, MMA fans always love to put fighters up on untouchable pedestals... Soon this will get to Fedor-like levels where they have GSP TKO'ing Godzilla and Zeus inside of a minute...

Jackass18
02-01-2009, 03:10 AM
Really? Because Georges St. Pierre actually landed more strikes in that fight then BJ Penn did - 135 to 104. He was also control for the entire fight when it was on the ground.

135 strikes and yet Penn's face looked like it did at the start. GSP looked like he flew through the windshield of a car. Simply saying he landed more strikes doesn't tell the whole story. Hell, Diaz probably landed many more than Guida did in that fight, but he lost.

What is your next excuse? BJ Penn is not on the same level as Georges St. Pierre.

Hello, I wasn't talking about tonight. In '06, they were on the same level. What's your excuse for saying GSP won the 1st fight? He got a couple more takedowns which he didn't really do a whole lot with? Wow! Are you a big fan of LnP, too? I'm of the opinion that if you get a takedown, but don't do anything with it, then it shouldn't score much unless it was a huge slam or something (fighters have been KO'd from slams). Sure, there's octagon control, but I think some count it way too much. My opinion of the first fight is that it should have been a draw.

I think this fight definitively closed the book on GSP/Penn. Penn improved since their first fight, but GSP improved much more. I didn't want to think that way, but it's obviously true. However, I think it's sad that some people are still unwilling to give Penn any credit for their first fight.

RandomBalla55
02-01-2009, 03:56 AM

:oldlol: :oldlol:

Where did anyone say anything about Thiago Alves fighting tonight? All Zombles said was that Thiago Alves was next in line for GSP.

Fail at trying to correct someone.

Showtime
02-01-2009, 04:01 AM
BJ got dominated by the superior fighter. Why is this so hard to understand?

Zan Tabak
02-01-2009, 01:09 PM
Apparently from what I've been reading online. BJ's camp is filing a grievance with the UFC for GSP using vaseline on his back. Which hindered BJ's ability to use his legs while GSP was on top of him.

Vaseline or no Vaseline BJ was beaten last night. pretty handily. GSP was simply stronger and faster. Hats off to Georges!

hateraid
02-01-2009, 01:37 PM
Fight day. I'm stoked.

Hateraid's locks:

Lyoto Machida vs. Thiago Silva- Machida decision
Stephan Bonnar vs. Jon Jones- Bonnar 2nd round TKO
Karo Parisyan vs. Dong Kim- Parisyan decision (I've been anticipating this, hope Karo gets back in the mix)
Nate Diaz vs. Clay Guida- Guida decision ( I like Nick, hate Nate)
Jon Fitch vs. Akihiro Gono- Gono decision ( my upset pick)
Manny Gamburyan vs. Thiago Tavarez- Gamburyan decision

Main Event:
BJ Penn vs. George St. Pierre- St. Pierre 4th round TKO

I think this fight will turn out like their first where BJ will come out viciously and inflict alot of damage in the first. Likely owning round one. Then GSP will psuh the pace, keep on smothering and neutralizing BJ's attacks. BJ will be on his back most of the fight. Eventually GSP will take a solid mount GnP him till the ref breaks it up.

I took some coin home last night. I'll be the first to admit, Karo looked beat. Outside of JJ, i looked pretty good!

Zan Tabak
02-01-2009, 01:55 PM
I took some coin home last night. I'll be the first to admit, Karo looked beat. Outside of JJ, i looked pretty good!
Good picks hateraid. Jon Jones is going to be a force!

Pistol Pete
02-01-2009, 02:40 PM
135 strikes and yet Penn's face looked like it did at the start. GSP looked like he flew through the windshield of a car. Simply saying he landed more strikes doesn't tell the whole story. Hell, Diaz probably landed many more than Guida did in that fight, but he lost.

Hello, I wasn't talking about tonight. In '06, they were on the same level. What's your excuse for saying GSP won the 1st fight? He got a couple more takedowns which he didn't really do a whole lot with? Wow! Are you a big fan of LnP, too? I'm of the opinion that if you get a takedown, but don't do anything with it, then it shouldn't score much unless it was a huge slam or something (fighters have been KO'd from slams). Sure, there's octagon control, but I think some count it way too much. My opinion of the first fight is that it should have been a draw.

I think this fight definitively closed the book on GSP/Penn. Penn improved since their first fight, but GSP improved much more. I didn't want to think that way, but it's obviously true. However, I think it's sad that some people are still unwilling to give Penn any credit for their first fight.

I give BJ a ton of credit for their first fight, he's an absolute monster and one of my favourite fighters to watch, that doesn't change the fact that he lost that fight, and it's not really close. Penn won the first round, lost the last two - he probably inflicted more damage overall, but he lost every exchange in the last two rounds, he didn't deserve to win that fight.

MarloStanfield
02-01-2009, 03:09 PM
And Tavares and Fitch.

RandomBalla55
02-01-2009, 03:20 PM
Personally I thought Stun Gun beat Karo, but whatever.

mattreis62
02-01-2009, 05:10 PM
I think the whole Vaseline thing is a non-issue. Supposedly GSP's trainer was putting more Vaseline on his face between rounds, then started rubbing GSP's shoulders without wiping off his hands. Then someone from the athletic commission made them wipe it off with a towel. Seems like Penn is just trying to come up with an excuse for why he lost. If it was such a big deal, why didn't Penn or his trainers say something during the fight?

ihatetimthomas
02-02-2009, 12:47 PM
My fav is Penn, but I gotta tip my hat off. I must admit, GSP's performance has grown my respect for him even more. He handled BJ like he has never been handled before. His power, work ethic, overall preperation for this fight was hands down too much for BJ to handle. In the interview, GSP said he was puttign a lot of pressure and rubbing BJ's shoulders so it would swell and rush the blood to his hsoulders. Thus making it heavier and less easy to grapple. I've never heard of anything like this and it makes sense. He is thinking outside of the box. Alves should be a decent fight bc of the pure size Alves plays with.

I was very impressed by the Korean guy. I honestly think he beat Karo. His 1st round was more dominate than any round Karo won. He will be aound, his gorund game impressed me and he was switching like no other on Karo.

Lyoto was very impressive. He def. deserves a title shot. One of themost elusive fighters out there. I love his game. And no on can figure out how to beat him.