PDA

View Full Version : Rick Barry On LeBron: "He Has Major Flaws"

FlashDwyaneWade3
01-22-2009, 12:42 AM
Former NBA great Rick Barry had some pointed comments for LeBron James during an interview with Comcast SportsNet Bay Area that will air on Wednesday night.

"He's got major flaws in his game," Barry said. "He's six years into the NBA. How can a man six years into the NBA with his talent have a major flaw in his shot? How can he not use screens effectively? . . I watch the game very carefully - he doesn't use screens effectively and this is not LeBron's fault. It's the fault of the people who are teaching him. . . . There is no doubt in my mind that LeBron, if shown these things would do them, because he wants to be a great player, he wants to win a championship. As great as he is, he should be better."

http://www.mercurynews.com/morningbuzz/ci_11507189

1987_Lakers
01-22-2009, 12:49 AM
He said the same thing like 3 years ago on the Stephen A. Smith show.

v-unit
01-22-2009, 12:50 AM
I don't think he realizes LeBron could crush his puny skull in a matter of seconds.

KB42PAH
01-22-2009, 12:51 AM
Lebron will never reach Kobe's mastery of the game.

v-unit
01-22-2009, 12:53 AM
He is hitting everything at Portland, seriously this dude defines inconsistency but more likely then not, he hits the shots IMO.

rawimpact
01-22-2009, 12:53 AM
I don't think he realizes LeBron could crush his puny skull in a matter of seconds.

So he can't have an opinion? Give me a break, you and i criticize players all the time on this forum. Do we have to be better than a player to criticize their flaws?

Indian guy
01-22-2009, 12:54 AM
His flaw is that fugly release. He'll never be a consistent shooter with that form. Everything else about his game is elite level though. Passing, rebounding, driving, finishing, defense etc.

andgar923
01-22-2009, 12:56 AM

The biggest advantage Kobe has is shooting.

Bron can pass better, read defenders about the same, Bron plays smarter.

But Bron is>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kobe at the same age.

Bron has major flaws but he's still the top contender for MVP, so what does that say about the league?

hassano
01-22-2009, 12:57 AM
which is why he should leave ****tyy cleveland

bagelred
01-22-2009, 12:57 AM
Is Mike Brown any good as a coach? He had no head coaching experience when hired.

Maybe Lebron needs to play under a well respected head coach like, oh i don't know...let me just think of one off top of my head.....um......Mike D'Antoni???? :D

godofgods
01-22-2009, 12:58 AM
The biggest advantage Kobe has is shooting.

Bron can pass better, read defenders about the same, Bron plays smarter.

But Bron is>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kobe at the same age.

Bron has major flaws but he's still the top contender for MVP, so what does that say about the league?

It just means that now we are experiencing a WEAK ERA.

1987_Lakers
01-22-2009, 01:00 AM
I agree that LeBron is better player than Kobe was at age 24. But right now, Kobe is still the best in the game. Kobe is more consistent and he has a killer instinct in which LeBron doesn't have.

TMac&Luther
01-22-2009, 01:01 AM

Absolutely nothing. All it does is say more about the absolute raw freak that is LeBron James. His god given ability is so great that he can overcome a few flaws.

TMac&Luther
01-22-2009, 01:02 AM
I agree that LeBron is better player than Kobe was at age 24. But right now, Kobe is still the best in the game. Kobe is more consistent and he has a killer instinct in which LeBron doesn't have.

I'm taking LeBron James over Kobe......sorry.

1987_Lakers
01-22-2009, 01:04 AM

It's very arguable. But after what I saw in the Lakers vs Cavs game, Kobe is still #1 for me. But LeBron is right on his heels.

Showtime
01-22-2009, 01:05 AM
You were 11 years old in 2000.

AllenIverson3
01-22-2009, 01:05 AM

Did u have to mention Kobe in this thread? Get off his ****ing nuts he aint even top 20 players all time...

TMac&Luther
01-22-2009, 01:07 AM
And I'm taking a bag of chips over TMac......sorry.

and Tmac has what to do with this thread?

:rolleyes: What the **** is up with these new lame ass posters? Poodle Bark, now this fool.

BTW new guy, I'm not a "Tmac fan" (yes the ID can be deceiving, but I hopped off that bandwagon a long time ago) I'll take a healthy Von Wafer over a non healthy Tmac.

TMac&Luther
01-22-2009, 01:10 AM
"New guy"..... :oldlol:

Try again.

"shitty post"...... :oldlol:

Try again.

andgar923
01-22-2009, 01:18 AM
At 30 years old, the fact that Kobe is still being discussed as the "best player in the league" is remarkable. LeBron is 24 and is in his peak right now. I dare to say that in 6 years from now, he won't be performing as good or putting up the same numbers as Kobe is right now.

You're right... they'll be better.

Jordandunk23
01-22-2009, 01:23 AM
and also dont forget the fact rick barry is not blaming lebron. he is praising him and encouraging him. as great as he is he could be better which is true. it is not nitpicking because if he wants a ring, those are major flaws...

rick barry stated that its the people teaching lebron who is at fault... so can we please get this phenom a good teacher please?! seriously...

OneMoreSucka
01-22-2009, 01:38 AM
Wouldn't him saying Lebron has major flaws be a compliment? If he's already this ****ing good with that many flaws, what's he going to be like when he gets rid of them? Oh my oh my.

Showtime
01-22-2009, 01:39 AM
and also dont forget the fact rick barry is not blaming lebron. he is praising him and encouraging him. as great as he is he could be better which is true. it is not nitpicking because if he wants a ring, those are major flaws...

rick barry stated that its the people teaching lebron who is at fault... so can we please get this phenom a good teacher please?! seriously...
Could you imagine what he could have been like after 3 or 4 years with Dean Smith?

rawimpact
01-22-2009, 01:44 AM
And I'm taking a bag of chips over TMac......sorry.

aww dont cry because someone doesn't think lebrons number one.

Mikaiel
01-22-2009, 01:47 AM
Is Mike Brown any good as a coach? He had no head coaching experience when hired.

Maybe Lebron needs to play under a well respected head coach like, oh i don't know...let me just think of one off top of my head.....um......Mike D'Antoni???? :D

You mean the overrated coach who can't even spell the word defense and did nothing despite having one of the most talented team in recent years ? Yeah, I'm sure he can't wait to play for that guy :applause:

inclinerator
01-22-2009, 01:50 AM
Release and he fades on his shot for NO reason. He was on a couple of summers ago in Vegas for Team USA and he didn't fade at all on his shots. He went back to his old bad habits.
wtf is wrong with u!!!! calling LeBron by his actual name!

Jordandunk23
01-22-2009, 01:56 AM
Could you imagine what he could have been like after 3 or 4 years with Dean Smith?

exactly, as good as lebron is those are things he really need to work on. seriously, how do you stop lebron if he becomes a good shooter??!! riddle me that lol...

thats why lebron struggled againts boston. they made him a jumpshooter..

Real Men Wear Green
01-22-2009, 02:20 AM
The problem with Rick Barry isn't that he says things like this, it's how he says them. Like when he used to talk about Shaq's ft shooting, it's apparent that his real goal isn't constructive criticism, but instead self-aggrandizement. If he really just wanted to make these players better he'd find a way to contact them through private channels and deliver any advice or coaching away from the public eye. But no, it's all about him, he still wants to be the star and get the credit. He often says things that have merit, but his ego rubs people the wrong way.

Fatal9
01-22-2009, 02:24 AM
I don't know how anyone outside of Cavs fans can watch him on a game by game basis and continue to like him. There is nothing aesthetically pleasing about his game. You could build a robot to have better shooting form, footwork and postgame. Being purely a fan of the game and having respect for certain skill sets, I find his game absolutely unlikable.

01-22-2009, 02:27 AM
I agree. Lebron just faces up and goes to the basket well. His shot beyond 15 feet needs work and he has no real low post, back to the basket game. This is why I dont think hes on Kobe's level yet.

EllisGW
01-22-2009, 02:28 AM
its called being an amazing athlete lol

lol

lol

lol

Yossarian22
01-22-2009, 02:29 AM
James' right elbow juts out to his right when he sets up his shot (as opposed to keeping it directly below the ball, which is the generally accepted correct position). This decreases the power received from your legs and causes you to shoot with your arms (confusing, I know).

I'm no Ed Palubinskas, but aligning that elbow might help stuff. The only real evidence I have is that his shot is flat and varies from left to right. Consistent shooters in the NBA usually miss long or short, rarely to the right or left.

He definitely does not use screens correctly, he hesitates for too long of a time. However, people can play off of him because of his inconsistent jump shot. This diminishes the effectiveness of screens.

Lebron23
01-22-2009, 02:30 AM
I agree. Lebron just faces up and goes to the basket well. His shot beyond 15 feet needs work and he has no real low post, back to the basket game. This is why I dont think hes on Kobe's level yet.

He's one of the most entertaining player in the NBA. Watch some Cavaliers game, and the guy is just an amazing athlete.

By the way he's hitting his outside jumpers againts the Portland Trailblazers.

Younggrease
01-22-2009, 02:30 AM
The problem with Rick Barry isn't that he says things like this, it's how he says them. Like when he used to talk about Shaq's ft shooting, it's apparent that his real goal isn't constructive criticism, but instead self-aggrandizement. If he really just wanted to make these players better he'd find a way to contact them through private channels and deliver any advice or coaching away from the public eye. But no, it's all about him, he still wants to be the star and get the credit. He often says things that have merit, but his ego rubs people the wrong way.
he did contact shaq and offered to teach him to shoot underhand to give him more touch on his ft but Shaq refused. It was too important for Shaq to look cool, Rick Barry could have turned Shaq into the GOAT with that technique. But Shaq's biggest flaw held him back again.

01-22-2009, 02:33 AM
He's one of the most entertaining player in the NBA. Watch some Cavaliers game, and the guy is just an amazing athlete.

By the way he's hitting his outside jumpers againts the Portland Trailblazers.

Amazing athlete doesnt equal an amazing basketball player, hes lacking basic fundamentals. Just because a guy can run a 4.3 in the 40 doesnt mean he will be a great WR if he cant develop fundamentals like being able to run proper routes and catch balls. Lebron needs work on his all around game. Play defense and turn him into a jump shooter and he chokes like we saw in the Finals and a few days ago against the Lakers.

Vragrant
01-22-2009, 02:34 AM
I don't know how anyone outside of Cavs fans can watch him on a game by game basis and continue to like him. There is nothing aesthetically pleasing about his game. You could build a robot to have better shooting form, footwork and postgame. Being purely a fan of the game and having respect for certain skill sets, I find his game absolutely unlikable.

Agree. He's a hell of a player, but man is he ugly to watch sometimes (footwork, shooting form). From a pure basketball standpoint at times he is borderline unwatchable as there is nothing refined, or polished despite him being in the league for so long. But he is monstrously effective at what he does so its working. But hes not the type of player I make it a point to watch play.

EllisGW
01-22-2009, 02:37 AM
if cavs fans don't want him you can send him to my warriors we will take him. lol

when your arguably the best player in the game and you have major flaws makes you even scarier.

Lebron has improved his game since he came into the league. This year his defense and ft shooting has improved.

Lebron23
01-22-2009, 02:38 AM
Amazing athlete doesnt equal an amazing basketball player, hes lacking basic fundamentals. Just because a guy can run a 4.3 in the 40 doesnt mean he will be a great WR if he cant develop fundamentals like being able to run proper routes and catch balls. Lebron needs work on his all around game. Play defense and turn him into a jump shooter and he chokes like we saw in the Finals and a few days ago against the Lakers.

Lakers are lucky if they can beat the Cavalier in their home court. Big Z will be back next week, and don't expect to see the Lakers get some questionable calls in Cleveland.

Indian guy
01-22-2009, 02:41 AM
I don't know how anyone outside of Cavs fans can watch him on a game by game basis and continue to like him. There is nothing aesthetically pleasing about his game.

And yet I don't know any non-Cleveland fan who watches LeBron as obsessively as you do. I mean, I realize you're just a typical scared Kobe groupie who has come up with a cute defensive mechanism to deal with LeBron's standing in this league relativeto Kobe(the whole OMG his game is so UGLY so I'll pretend it doesn't count!!), but it's still funny how obsessed you are with someone you find no joy in watching.

Mathius
01-22-2009, 02:47 AM
His shot has been a lot better this year, IMHO. I have no stats to back that up, just from watching him. He actually has a lot better form when he's fading away than when he's taking a set shot, which is odd. His free throw shooting had improved to almost 80% for a good stretch of the season, but I noticed his last couple of games he has struggled again, so that may have dropped.

I hate the Jordan comparisons because I feel like his game is nothing at all like Jordan's and I think he's a very unique type of player that doesn't fit any "mold". But I have to admit in the last 2 games I saw him play in, there were 2 off balance jump shots that he took fading away, and the word, 'Jordan' popped into my head. Not because he's anywhere near Jordan's level of jumpshot efficiency, but just the shots that he took, the form.. it was Jordanesque.

Another reason why I say he has better form on his fadeaway. Which I find odd.

Mathius

EllisGW
01-22-2009, 02:50 AM

Why do post here? Have u ever watch a basketball game? lebron has constantly had winning seasons and has been putting up amazing numbers. You dont have be super skilled to be a great basketball player, skill set is a part of basketball not basketball its self. Trashing a player with good winning percentage and has best numbers in league for last 4 years lol.

01-22-2009, 02:51 AM
Lakers are lucky if they can beat the Cavalier in their home court. Big Z will be back next week, and don't expect to see the Lakers get some questionable calls in Cleveland.

Walton and Farmar will be back too and a 17 point blowout wouldnt have been helped by old ass Z and a few different calls :oldlol:

rawimpact
01-22-2009, 02:52 AM
Well seasons do take a toll on a player though, so you do need to take that to account. With that being said, not many players are on kobe's level on their 13th season.

01-22-2009, 02:52 AM
Why do post here? Have u ever watch a basketball game? lebron has constantly had winning seasons and has been putting up amazing numbers. You dont have be super skilled to be a great basketball player, skill set is a part of basketball not basketball its self. Trashing a player with good winning percentage and has best numbers in league for last 4 years lol.

I am sorry but someone who plays great in the regular season doesnt impress me. Lets see Lebron not choke in the clutch of a big game and win a ring or two. He hasnt won jack and shouldnt even be mentioned in the same breath with Kobe.

Showtime
01-22-2009, 02:53 AM
Kobe will be the only player to be dominant (Top 5) in 3 decades.

Late 90s: Kobe Top 5
00: Kobe Top 5
10: Kobe top 5

Kobe will play at this level till age 35 easily - pile on 2-3 more rings, alot more accolades and go down as GOAT, sorry haters.
97-99 Kobe was not top 5.

Also, you can't make a claim Kobe is top 5 2010+, since that hasn't even happened yet moron.

rawimpact
01-22-2009, 02:53 AM
Walton and Farmar will be back too and a 17 point blowout wouldnt have been helped by old ass Z and a few different calls :oldlol:

give the guy some hope, makes the game more interesting when it comes.

EllisGW
01-22-2009, 02:55 AM
I am sorry but someone who plays great in the regular season doesnt impress me. Lets see Lebron not choke in the clutch of a big game and win a ring or two. He hasnt won jack and shouldnt even be mentioned in the same breath with Kobe.

Kobe probably will go down as top 5 playe second best 2 guard ever but his playoffs numbers are not better than lebrons

ShowTime LA
01-22-2009, 02:55 AM
LOL @ Rick Barry being caption Obvious here

okayabc123
01-22-2009, 02:57 AM
I think offensively, Lebron will never reach Kobe's overall offensive repertoire.

The major difference right now is footwork. Some of you will say, shooting is the big difference but I totally disagree.

The reason why Kobe is so great at making the fadeways, the dribble pull up is because he has such great footwork. It's also why Kobe's post game is the best in the game for a non-PF,C since Jordan. Kobe can fake either direction, go either direction, and the stepped through move he does is just as good if not better than Jordan.

I questioned whether Lebron can ever do that. His body suggest that he should have a dominant post game and a more balance shooting form, but his footwork is so average that his shooting is always off balance, fading away, and his post game is non-existence.

bdreason
01-22-2009, 02:58 AM
LeBrons main issue is going to be when he faces top defensive teams, late in the playoffs, year after year.

If he can't consistantly hit outside jumpers, he's going to get shut down by teams like the Celtics and Spurs every year in the playoffs.

01-22-2009, 03:00 AM
Kobe probably will go down as top 5 playe second best 2 guard ever but his playoffs numbers are not better than lebrons

Maybe not rebounds and assists, they are a few off but his points are just as good if not better in most years than Lebron's and he wasnt even the first option during the title runs, Shaq was.

White Mamba
01-22-2009, 03:02 AM
Lakers are lucky if they can beat the Cavalier in their home court. Big Z will be back next week, and don't expect to see the Lakers get ANY calls in Cleveland.

Fixed, last 3 years the lakers got killed in the 4th by the refs:oldlol:

EllisGW
01-22-2009, 03:03 AM
LeBrons main issue is going to be when he faces top defensive teams, late in the playoffs, year after year.

If he can't consistantly hit outside jumpers, he's going to get shut down by teams like the Celtics and Spurs every year in the playoffs.

not true at all if keeps getting better players around him who can make open jump shots and create shots for them selves by scoring, this would open up the lane and give lebron easier outside shots.

EllisGW
01-22-2009, 03:08 AM
LeBron's MAJOR "flaw" is a lack of a post game. Dude is practically 6'9" tall and weighs around 270+ yet he doesn't have any game with his back towards the basket.

Unacceptable.

true dat

Indian guy
01-22-2009, 03:09 AM
LeBron's MAJOR "flaw" is a lack of a post game. Dude is practically 6'9" tall and weighs around 270+ yet he doesn't have any game with his back towards the basket.

His flaw is his jumper. Almost no perimeter player today has much of a back-to-the-basket game to speak of. It's stupid to come down on LeBron for that. Seriously, you'd think the league was loaded with MJs given how everybody points at LeBron's lack of a post game. Which non-big man has a good back-to-the-basket game today? I can't think of one.

bdreason
01-22-2009, 03:11 AM
His flaw is his jumper. Almost no perimeter player today has much of back-to-the-basket game to speak of. It's stupid to come down on LeBron for that. Seriously, you'd think the league was loaded with MJs given how everybody points at LeBron's lack of a post game. Which non-big man has a good back-to-the-basket game today? I can't think of one.

I can think of at least one... I'll let the homers offer the answer though, heh.

Indian guy
01-22-2009, 03:12 AM

LeBron averaged 33/7/7/2/1 on 44% shooting in the final 4 games of the Cleveland-Boston series. Not like he struggled ALL series. Just the first 3 games.

Also, let's not ignore the role his team played in him having those 2 series'. He was the lone creator of horrendously coached offensive teams with hardly any shooters(tough to win when your best shooters are Hughes and Pavlovic). Boston and San Antonio simply ganged up on him all series w/o giving up anything. LeBron with his current cast(fully healthy) wouldn't come anywhere close to shooting in the mid 30's for an entire series.

Fatal9
01-22-2009, 03:13 AM
:oldlol: at whoever said Kobe has not outperformed Lebron in the playoffs. Unfortunately, stats just aren't on your side. I really don't want to dig through them again and I won't for now for Lebron's sake.

And yet I don't know any non-Cleveland fan who watches LeBron as obsessively as you do. I mean, I realize you're just a typical scared Kobe groupie who has come up with a cute defensive mechanism to deal with LeBron's standing in this league relativeto Kobe(the whole OMG his game is so UGLY so I'll pretend it doesn't count!!), but it's still funny how obsessed you are with someone you find no joy in watching.
I am critical when I watch him and it's kind of hard not to see him play when Cavs have at least one game televised nationally every week. I don't know when the media is going to realize, people just aren't attracted to Lebron's game. There is a reason the finals Lebron starred in was the lowest rated ever.

It is also particularly shocking a (nominal) Bulls fan, who persumably watched Jordan play the game, can take such a strong liking to the game of someone with no fluidity, creativity and mastery (of even simple things).

Fatal9
01-22-2009, 03:19 AM
LeBron averaged 33/7/7/2/1 on 44% shooting in the final 4 games of the Cleveland-Boston series. Not like he struggled ALL series. Just the first 3 games.
Lets just eliminate some of the most horrific stats posted by a star player in a playoff series ever :oldlol:

And you try to make it seem like he had a great four game stretch when he only played well in 2 games all series. He was carried by the play of his teammates through at least two wins.

Indian guy
01-22-2009, 03:20 AM
I am critical when I watch him and it's kind of hard not to see him play when Cavs have at least one game televised nationally every week.

Who're you kidding? You watch every Cleveland game and obsessively post about LeBron on this board every day.

I don't know when the media is going to realize, people just aren't attracted to Lebron's game.

Yet fans who pretend to be most disgusted with his play(you and other scared Kobe groupies) watch him most obsessively.

There is a reason the finals Lebron starred in was the lowest rated ever.

Yeah, I'm sure it had nothing to do with the snoozing Spurs(a perennial ratings disaster), the series lasting only 4 games and the fact that San Antonio and Cleveland are 2 very small markets.

It is also particularly shocking a (nominal) Bulls fan, who persumably watched Jordan play the game, can take such a strong liking to the game of someone with no fluidity, creativity and mastery (of even simple things).

I like athletic freaks. LeBron was the first perimeter player who reminded me of MJ in terms of pure athletic domination. He's easily the most athletic perimeter player to arrive since MJ. There was a game in 04-05 against my Bulls where he simply put on a show...and I've been a fan ever since.

Indian guy
01-22-2009, 03:29 AM
LeBron doesn't fall under the category of "non-big man."

Except his athletic gifts and playing style are nothing like those of the typical big man. He has the speed/agility/handle of a guard. Thus he has ALWAYS played & dominated from the perimeter. Slashing and shooting is his game. WHY is it to so important for him to have a post game? Why is it even surprising that he doesn't have a post game? I don't see a single perimeter player in this league with a good back-to-the-basket game. Or a perimeter player who relies on his post play to produce. LeBron's no different than any of them. So post-game isn't his flaw. The jump shot certainly is.

EllisGW
01-22-2009, 03:30 AM
Lets just eliminate some of the most horrific stats posted by a star player in a playoff series ever :oldlol:

And you try to make it seem like he had a great four game stretch when he only played well in 2 games all series. He was carried by the play of his teammates through at least two wins.

What are you talking about ?

lebron playoff numbers are good

EllisGW
01-22-2009, 03:34 AM

Do you watch basketball? he had one the greatest games in nba playoff history. lol

Fatal9
01-22-2009, 03:35 AM
What are you talking about ?

lebron playoff numbers are good

Here are his stats from the last 6 playoff series. Take into consideration that some of the teams he faced would be lottery teams in the West. I have yet to see an easier route to the finals than '06-'07 in the last 3 decades.

'06-'07 playoffs
Wizards without Butler and Arenas: 27.5 on 42%
Nets (a sub .500 team): 24.5 on 42.3%
Pistons: He had one legendary game but outside of game 5 his numbers were terrible yet again, 21.2 on 41.1%
Spurs: 22.0 on 35%

'07-'08 playoffs
Wizards: 29.8 on 48.3%
Celtics: 26.6 on 35.4% shooting and 5.3 turnovers per game (including a 2-18, 12 points and 10 turnover game and shot over 40% in just TWO games).

There was only ONE series from his last six where he consistently shot the ball well and it was against a team that would be 10th seed in the West. Don't let one game fool you, his playoff performances have been very disappointing.

EllisGW
01-22-2009, 03:39 AM
You're right. It was just ONE game.

and thats amazing since he has only been to the playoffs for 3 years and he has a game already in the top 5 for playoff performance.

Indian guy
01-22-2009, 03:40 AM

No, I was merely pointing out that he didn't struggle for the entire series. Just 3 games.

And you try to make it seem like he had a great four game stretch when he only played well in 2 games all series.

In the final 3 games of the series LeBron put up 35 points(12-25 FG) , 32/12/6 in Game 6 and 45 points(14-29 FG) in Game 7.

He was carried by the play of his teammates through at least two wins.

That Cleveland team would've been lucky to break 60 points in any of the games w/o LeBron. And :oldlol: @ his teammates carrying him through 2 victories :oldlol: LeBron had 13 assists in the Game 4 win alone. And nobody who watched that series could deny that Cleveland was utterly incapable of getting a decent shot off w/o LeBron involved in the play.

EllisGW
01-22-2009, 03:41 AM
Here are his stats from the last 6 playoff series. Take into consideration that some of the teams he faced would be lottery teams in the West. I have yet to see an easier route to the finals than '06-'07 in the last 3 decades.

'06-'07 playoffs
Wizards without Butler and Arenas: 27.5 on 42%
Nets (a sub .500 team): 24.5 on 42.3%
Pistons: He had one legendary game but outside of game 5 his numbers were terrible yet again, 21.2 on 41.1%
Spurs: 22.0 on 35%

'07-'08 playoffs
Wizards: 29.8 on 48.3%
Celtics: 26.6 on 35.4% shooting and 5.3 turnovers per game (including a 2-18, 12 points and 10 turnover game and shot over 40% in just TWO games).

There was only ONE series from his last six where he consistently shot the ball well and it was against a team that would be 10th seed in the West. Don't let one game fool you, his playoff performances have been very disappointing.

numbers prove you wrong obv lol

look them up and compare them to his peers

Indian guy
01-22-2009, 03:44 AM
LeBron has career playoff averages of 28/8/7 with a FG% .440. Such disappointing numbers indeed. His team has also overachieved in every single postseason he has played. 4 of his 8 playoff series' have come against the 3 best defensive teams of this decade: Detroit, San Antonio and Boston. 2 of these teams have also humiliated a certain player LeBron haters love.

Fatal9
01-22-2009, 03:53 AM
That Cleveland team would've been lucky to break 60 points in any of the games w/o LeBron. And :oldlol: @ his teammates carrying him through 2 victories :oldlol: LeBron had 13 assists in the Game 4 win alone. And nobody who watched that series could deny that Cleveland was utterly incapable of getting a decent shot off w/o LeBron involved in the play.

Game 3:
Lebron puts up 21 points on 31% and 8 assists. The rest of the team shoots 53%. So yes, everyone else on the Cavs stepped up and won this game.

Game 4:
Lebron puts up 21 points on 35%. Cavs bench completely outplays the Boston bench scoring 36 points vs. Boston's 17. The bench also shot a ridiculous 63% and had 0 turnovers.

Game 6:
Great overall team defense (which Lebron is a part of) by the Cavs as they held Boston to just 69 points. Lebron also shot 39% in this game with 8 turnovers.

Fatal9
01-22-2009, 04:00 AM
LeBron has career playoff averages of 28/8/7 with a FG% .440. Such disappointing numbers indeed. His team has also overachieved in every single postseason he has played. 4 of his 8 playoff series' have come against the 3 best defensive teams of this decade: Detroit, San Antonio and Boston. 2 of these teams have also humiliated a certain player LeBron haters love.
Wait wait wait.....time for a fact check.

Cavs overachieved by beating the Wizards without Arenas and Butler?

They overachieved by beating the 40-42 Nets?

They overachieved by beating the Wizards last year with Arenas playing injured?

Lebron has won 5 playoff series. 3 of them has been against the Wizards, 1 against a sub .500 team and 1 against Detroit (without their best defender in previous years: Ben Wallace, so they weren't even close to being on the level of 03-05 Pistons).

Indian guy
01-22-2009, 04:09 AM
Game 3:
Lebron puts up 21 points on 31% and 8 assists. The rest of the team shoots 53%. So yes, everyone else on the Cavs stepped up and won this game.

Already admitted this as a poor game from him.

Game 4:
Lebron puts up 21 points on 35%. Cavs bench completely outplays the Boston bench scoring 36 points vs. Boston's 17. The bench also shot a ridiculous 63% and had 0 turnovers.

Funny how you forgot his 13 assists :oldlol:. Think that might have had an impact on the game? What's up with you and your refusal to include anything that doesn't help you agenda? Your hate is so incredible that every time you stupidly talk about LeBron's postseason play, you refuse to mention the 13 games from his '06 campaign. The guy averaged 30/8/6 on good shooting...so you decide you won't talk about it :oldlol:

Anyway, getting back to this game 4...only a fool would deny what a huge factor LeBron's 13 assists were. And there was a stretch early 2nd qtr of this game where LeBron sat out for a few mins...and Cleveland completely fell apart. They could neither score(or get a single decent shot up) or defend. Cleveland's HUGE lead was fully eaten up by Boston with LeBron on the bench. He checked back in and the game again completely changed. Anyone who denies LeBron's gigantic impact on this game either 1) didn't watch the game or 2) is a deluded hater

Game 6:
Great overall team defense (which Lebron is a part of) by the Cavs as they held Boston to just 69 points. Lebron also shot 39% in this game with 8 turnovers.

32/12/6. Huge 4th qtr too. He dominated the game. Only a fool would deny that. But you can continue posting his FG% and ignore everything else if it makes you sleep better.

EllisGW
01-22-2009, 04:12 AM

They overachieved by beating the 40-42 Nets?

They overachieved by beating the Wizards last year with Arenas playing injured?

Lebron has won 5 playoff series. 3 of them has been against the Wizards, 1 against a sub .500 team and 1 against Detroit (without their best defender in previous years: Ben Wallace, so they weren't even close to being on the level of 03-05 Pistons).

lol plz dont talk about basketball again

btw he has still has played well in the playoffs and beat the teams he was suppose to beat

Indian guy
01-22-2009, 04:20 AM

No, they've overachieved by beating or being competitive against FAAAR superior teams. They had no business taking a 64-win Pistons team to 7 games in 2006. They had no business beating the Pistons in '07 w/o home court. They had no business taking the Celtics to 7 games last season. That's what I mean by overachieving. None of those series should've been close. Nobody predicted them to be close. LeBron has also never lost a series he wasn't favored to win(unlike the boy you're protecting).

1 against Detroit (without their best defender in previous years: Ben Wallace, so they weren't even close to being on the level of 03-05 Pistons).

W/O :oldlol:. You make it sound like the guy was injured or something. Detroit TRADED away Ben Wallace. You know why? Because of his dreadful series against Cleveland the previous season. And this was still a damn good defensive team. Tops in all major categories(Top 5 in points allowed, opponents FG% & 7th in defensvie ranking).

Bottomline: No matter how you spin it, LeBron has career playoff averages of 28/8/7/44% with his team overachieving each year. He has also played half his series' against the 3 best defensive teams of this decade. Teams that have thrown everything at him because of him being surrounded by ****. And teams that have humiliated Kobe.

Real Men Wear Green
01-22-2009, 07:43 AM
he did contact shaq and offered to teach him to shoot underhand to give him more touch on his ft but Shaq refused. It was too important for Shaq to look cool, Rick Barry could have turned Shaq into the GOAT with that technique. But Shaq's biggest flaw held him back again.
Maybe he did, but did he do that with James? And how did he go about asking Shaq? I know that he would talk about all the wonderful things that he would do for Shaq to anyone that would put a mic and/or camera in front of his face. And you don't hear about him offering to help out any non-stars. If he just wants to improve players, couldn't he go out there, take some talented but unpolished young guys, maximize their talents and build up from there? It's not like Shaq, for instance, had no shooting coaches. Some of the greatest experts on the planet tried to fix Shaq's form. O'Neal probably rightly viewed Barry as just one more guy that wanted a piece of his legacy.

Real Men Wear Green
01-22-2009, 07:49 AM
Guys, I do not have the authority to ban Corky (he'd probably get banned if I complained about him, but that's not the same as the ability to outright ban) but I am committed to cutting out his trolling BS. Please help me out by just ignoring his crap when you see it. I can't always be online, but when I can get at his crap I intend to do it, and that's easier when he's being ignored and I don't have to deal with replies to him.

The_Yearning
01-22-2009, 10:05 AM
He can't shoot, gets bs calls, travels every drive, he's just athletic. His peak stops when he reaches like 27-28 or when he gets a big injury. Bet on it. Oh yeah, he can't shot free throws, not clutch, try's to sound like Kobe during interviews, tries to fade and start playing defense like Kobe...but he's just a big humpty dumpty with no footwork....

get good chumps

Lebron23
01-22-2009, 10:07 AM
He can't shoot, gets bs calls, travels every drive, he's just athletic. His peak stops when he reaches like 27-28 or when he gets a big injury. Bet on it. Oh yeah, he can't shot free throws, not clutch, try's to sound like Kobe during interviews, tries to fade and start playing defense like Kobe...but he's just a big humpty dumpty with no footwork....

get good chumps

You're an idiot.

LA.MJ&KB#1
01-22-2009, 10:25 AM
Cheap loof of bread over TMAC.....

godofgods
01-22-2009, 10:55 AM

get good chumps

Come on now, Lebron doesn't try to sound like Kobe during interviews. Trying to sound like Kobe in interviews is like trying to be a retard.

godofgods
01-22-2009, 10:56 AM
Maybe he did, but did he do that with James? And how did he go about asking Shaq? I know that he would talk about all the wonderful things that he would do for Shaq to anyone that would put a mic and/or camera in front of his face. And you don't hear about him offering to help out any non-stars. If he just wants to improve players, couldn't he go out there, take some talented but unpolished young guys, maximize their talents and build up from there? It's not like Shaq, for instance, had no shooting coaches. Some of the greatest experts on the planet tried to fix Shaq's form. O'Neal probably rightly viewed Barry as just one more guy that wanted a piece of his legacy.

Barry doesn't need Shaq's legacy. He has one of his own. Shaq was just being a dumb ass racist *****.

godofgods
01-22-2009, 10:58 AM
Bottomline: No matter how you spin it, LeBron has career playoff averages of 28/8/7/44% with his team overachieving each year. He has also played half his series' against the 3 best defensive teams of this decade. Teams that have thrown everything at him because of him being surrounded by ****. And teams that have humiliated Kobe.

THIS.

Lebron >>>>>>>>>>>> Kobe. You put Lebron in the Lakers last year instead of Kobe, and they would've beaten the Celtics. I am glad Lebron is not a Laker.

You put Kobe with Lebron's supporting cast, and they won't even make the playoffs in Eastern Conference.

Real Men Wear Green
01-22-2009, 12:06 PM
Barry doesn't need Shaq's legacy. He has one of his own. Shaq was just being a dumb ass racist *****.
1: I don't know what "racism" you are refering to. Shaq won't take coaching from white guys? Has he ever played for a black coach in the NBA before Porter?

2: Barry is a legend but he's not in the limelight right now. If he could become a coach to a guy like James or Shaq he's back in the public eye. And failing that (which he is failing) he can get attention by talking about the great players of today, which is what he's doing.

GMW
01-22-2009, 12:08 PM
THIS.

Lebron >>>>>>>>>>>> Kobe. You put Lebron in the Lakers last year instead of Kobe, and they would've beaten the Celtics. I am glad Lebron is not a Laker.

You put Kobe with Lebron's supporting cast, and they won't even make the playoffs in Eastern Conference.
:roll:

mlh1981
01-22-2009, 12:40 PM
The Cavs are finally running a real offense. LeBron has never really had that luxury since joining the Cavs. No real veteran teammates to lean on (other than Z), and no coach that has had any clue how to teach offense. It's all starting to come together now. Any flaws he still has, he deserves part of the blame, but at times, he has really had no teaching. Just guys sitting back and admiring him.

JellyBean
01-22-2009, 01:10 PM
Shoot, I wish that I had flaws like Lebron.

Lebron knows that he has flaws in his game and I am sure that he is working on them. Heck the dude is only 24-25 years old, he still has 10 years left to play in the NBA. Heck, he probably could ball until he is 48 years old and still be better than a lot of cats that are playing in the NBA right now. HE will get better....and that is the scary part!!!

We might as well start changing the NBA logo that features Lebron's silhouette, because the future is now.

Sharas
01-22-2009, 01:15 PM
let's face it, rick barry is right, lebron does have major flaws in his skillset. however, he's so dominant physically that at this point it doesn't matter that much.

bleedinpurpleTwo
01-22-2009, 01:20 PM
Rick Barry says such things about every player. Why?
Because he is always angling for a coaching/consulting gig.

...and he is probably right.

Mdog1
01-22-2009, 01:44 PM
He is right. It may not be Brons fault though because of the way he has been developed. Coaching, teammates all play roles in his development and he hasn't had great examples other than Z. Now he has Ben, Z, Wally (although nobody likes him), and of course he has himself. Things will start to come together. People often compare him to MJ, Magic, Big O, etc. But what they forget to mention is that they compare him to prime MJ, or prime Magic, or prime O, but why not compare him to 24 MJ, 24 Magic, 24 Oscar. No player ever has been perfect. Not Magic, not MJ, not Oscar, nobody.

EllisGW
01-22-2009, 01:52 PM
Excelant post.Lebrick=overrated trash.No jumpshot, no post-up game, no great on-ball D.Chris paul and wade>lebron

I hope your not serious because you would be amazingly stupid if you were.

vert48
01-22-2009, 02:21 PM
Lebron needs to take a page from Tiger Wood's book. Tiger turned pro, won twice and had 3 top tens, got his PGA card, and won rookie of the year while playing only 8 tournaments that year. He won The Masters by a record 12 stroke in his first trip their as a pro, and was lauded as the potential GOAT before the end of his first full season.

So, what did he do?

He went out and rebuilt his swing so that he could be more consistent and control his distance. With that new swing, he went out and won more money and more tournaments at a higher rate and at a younger age than any player in history. He had two different seasons that were called GOAT seasons, as well as a run of made cuts that was beyond anything in 50 years.

So what did he do?

He went out and rebuilt his swing again so that he would put less stress on his body as he aged, and he did it while maintaining and running his made cut streak a ridiculous 142 straight. Once the new swing took hold, he came back better than ever, and many people are calling him the GOAT, even though he has 6-8 years of golf left in his prime.

Jordan worked that hard on his game. Kobe works that hard on his game. Does Lebron?

spursdynasty420
01-22-2009, 02:36 PM
6 years into the league and still not a consistant jump shot and hes a leader on his team?? barry is right.

hito da god
01-22-2009, 02:41 PM
Lebron needs to take a page from Tiger Wood's book. Tiger turned pro, won twice and had 3 top tens, got his PGA card, and won rookie of the year while playing only 8 tournaments that year. He won The Masters by a record 12 stroke in his first trip their as a pro, and was lauded as the potential GOAT before the end of his first full season.

So, what did he do?

He went out and rebuilt his swing so that he could be more consistent and control his distance. With that new swing, he went out and won more money and more tournaments at a higher rate and at a younger age than any player in history. He had two different seasons that were called GOAT seasons, as well as a run of made cuts that was beyond anything in 50 years.

So what did he do?

He went out and rebuilt his swing again so that he would put less stress on his body as he aged, and he did it while maintaining and running his made cut streak a ridiculous 142 straight. Once the new swing took hold, he came back better than ever, and many people are calling him the GOAT, even though he has 6-8 years of golf left in his prime.

Jordan worked that hard on his game. Kobe works that hard on his game. Does Lebron?
lebron works on the wrong things. he works on his conditioning and strength, which are important, but it's obvious he puts no work into his shooting and footwork.

Mdog1
01-22-2009, 03:14 PM
lebron works on the wrong things. he works on his conditioning and strength, which are important, but it's obvious he puts no work into his shooting and footwork.
I know that you don't follow the Cavs or LeBron so I won't flame you, but LeBron had AST. Coach Jent follow him around all summer two years ago and it was obvious that he made great strides in his jumper. This summer he had Olympics and that is why there was less improvement in his shooting this year, but watch out next year it will get better.

Mikaiel
01-22-2009, 03:30 PM
What ? LeBron doesn't work on his game ? How did he improve that much on the defensive end and on his shooting ability then ?

kkling
01-22-2009, 03:38 PM
These threads are so amusing, almost as amusing as Skip Bayless when he discusses Lebron.

vert48
01-22-2009, 03:49 PM
By the way, I am not saying that Lebron is not great, or that he does not work on his game. I am asking if he works as hard as Jordan did or Kobe does.

Does he have the balls to rework his shot and his footwork, ala Tiger, in order to become better, even though he is already better than everyone else?

YAWN
01-22-2009, 05:33 PM
By the way, I am not saying that Lebron is not great, or that he does not work on his game. I am asking if he works as hard as Jordan did or Kobe does.

Does he have the balls to rework his shot and his footwork, ala Tiger, in order to become better, even though he is already better than everyone else?

he probably hasnt worked as hard as mj and kobe did/do but his jumper definitely has improved through the years.

i dont think he has any commitments this offseason so he should be able to try and rework his stroke.

Lebron23
01-22-2009, 05:39 PM
he probably hasnt worked as hard as mj and kobe did/do but his jumper definitely has improved through the years.

i dont think he has any commitments this offseason so he should be able to try and rework his stroke.

I don't think LeBron will play in the 2010 FIBA World Championship, and he got plenty of time to work on his perimeter shooting, but so far this season LeBron is definitely the best player in the NBA.

lilojmayo
01-22-2009, 08:02 PM
These threads are so amusing, almost as amusing as Skip Bayless when he discusses Lebron.

yeah, i know its like I gotta read this thread or I gotta listen to Skip.

Why do you ISHER's insist on turing everything to a Kobe, Lebron thing

right now Kobe>Lebron

until Febuary 8th when Lebron gets to try to redeem himself so lets end that for now.

Also, Yes Lebron has so many flaws in his game pretty much almost every fundamental of basketballl, but who honestly needs fundamentals when your a 6'9 275lbs freight train who can attack the basket at will.

Lebron23
01-22-2009, 08:47 PM
He has flaws, but LeBron is still the best all around player in the NBA.

"Ask me to play. I'll play.
Ask me to shoot. I'll shoot.
Ask me to pass. I'll pass.
Ask me to steal, block out, sacrifice, lead, dominate.
ANYTHING." -Lebron James

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Mathius
01-26-2009, 02:28 PM
let's face it, rick barry is right, lebron does have major flaws in his skillset. however, he's so dominant physically that at this point it doesn't matter that much.

That's the hilarious irony. I had to bump this after this past Sunday's paper pointed this out to me. Lebron with no jump shot > Rick Barry with a jump shot. :oldlol:

Earlier this week on Bay Area television, Hall of Famer Rick Barry criticized James for not improving his jumper. James finally gave his response.

"Can't say nothing about Rick, Rick could shoot the ball, nobody can shoot like Rick," James said. "Everyone is going to critique players instead of trying to help them."

Actually, James can shoot it like Rick and better. Barry's career field-goal percentage in the NBA and ABA was .455 including .296 on 3-pointers. James is currently shooting .469 for his career and .321 on 3-pointers.
http://www.cleveland.com/plaindealer/stories/index.ssf?/base/sports/123287581950340.xml&coll=2&thispage=2

Lebron doesn't have Barry's jump shot, but he still makes more of the shots he takes than Rick. :oldlol:

Mathius

InspiredLebowski
01-26-2009, 02:29 PM
What a horrible bump Mathius

Mathius
01-26-2009, 02:45 PM
What a horrible bump Mathius

You're right. I'll go start up a few extra accounts, and then create three separate threads about it, posting the article.

That's how we're supposed to do things around here, right? :rolleyes:

Mathius

StephenDedalus
01-26-2009, 04:11 PM
That's the hilarious irony. I had to bump this after this past Sunday's paper pointed this out to me. Lebron with no jump shot > Rick Barry with a jump shot. :oldlol:

http://www.cleveland.com/plaindealer/stories/index.ssf?/base/sports/123287581950340.xml&coll=2&thispage=2

Lebron doesn't have Barry's jump shot, but he still makes more of the shots he takes than Rick. :oldlol:

Mathius

Lebron's also allowed to take 50 steps and bowl guys over, so opponents are terrified of guarding him at the end because any little movement on their part will lead to a phantom foul. Whereas Barry played in a league that was legitimate. But please keep telling us how Lebron James is a better shooter than Rick Barry. We all need a good laugh in this bad economy.

Showtime
01-26-2009, 04:15 PM
I can't believe how some of you took his comments. Rick was just on the radio this weekend on a local station where he was asked about his comments. He said he loves Lebron, and he's a great player, but he could be even better if he had people around him that taught him the game. He said a guy that good at his level shouldn't have a flaw in his shot, and he should know how to use screens correctly. Again, he's saying it's not Lebron's fault that he didn't have people around to teach him these things.

Darkwing Duck
01-26-2009, 05:04 PM
Im just getting tired of hearing about LeBron. The media wants to blow him up and make him seem like some basketball playing god.

LeBron is wayyyy to into himself, wether it be crazy commercials or him throwing baby powder in the air before EVERY GOD DAMN GAME...im just tired of LeBron being vastly over-rated.

Kobe>LeBron

lolwut
01-26-2009, 05:05 PM
Im just getting tired of hearing about LeBron. The media wants to blow him up and make him seem like some basketball playing god.

LeBron is wayyyy to into himself, wether it be crazy commercials or him throwing baby powder in the air before EVERY GOD DAMN GAME...im just tired of LeBron being vastly over-rated.

Kobe>LeBron

He puts up the best numbers in the NBA...what's overrated about that?

danumber88
01-26-2009, 05:06 PM
I think as Lebron ages, his physique and speed wont be there to help his dynamic ability to drive. As he ages he looses strength and speed, what does he rely on jump shot?

As he ages, it may drain his point, rebounding, stealing, blocking ability and deflate those stats.

brandonislegend
01-26-2009, 05:08 PM

um maybe because if the cavs are up by 50 points in the 4th quarter, LeBron still plays because he has his coach whipped and does whatever he wants

Darkwing Duck
01-26-2009, 05:08 PM

Giving a guy the nickname "King James" when he isnt even the best player in the NBA, thats over-rated.

Announcers jocking LeBrons dick during every game, thats over-rated.

Im tired of the media trying to make LeBron out to be some basketball god, when he has obvious flaws in his game, thats over-rated.

Lebron23
01-26-2009, 06:26 PM

Congratulations to LeBron for winning the NBA player of the week for the 4th time this season, and last week LeBron averaged 30.5 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 8.8 apg, 2.3 spg as the Cavaliers have a very successful Western Conference Road Trip.

Only an idiot would think that he's overrated, and he's leading the NBA in Per, Roland Ratings, and Efficiency Ratings this season.

By the way Cavs are going to destroy the 2 most overrated teams in the NBA next month because Z will be back in their starting lineup.

Mdog1
01-26-2009, 06:34 PM
Congratulations to LeBron for winning the NBA player of the week for the 4th time this season, and last week LeBron averaged 30.5 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 8.8 apg, 2.3 spg as the Cavaliers have a very successful Western Conference Road Trip.

Only an idiot would think that he's overrated, and he's leading the NBA in Per, Roland Ratings, and Efficiency Ratings this season.

By the way Cavs are going to destroy the 2 most overrated teams in the NBA next month because Z will be back.
Congrats LeBron. What is the all time record for winning player of the week?

Lebron23
01-26-2009, 06:38 PM
Congrats LeBron. What is the all time record for winning player of the week?

LeBron already won the Award 17th times in his NBA Career.

Mdog1
01-26-2009, 06:44 PM
LeBron already won the Award 17th times in his NBA Career.
Shoot I forgot to put in a single season? I know that he has it four times this year though.

Lebron23
01-26-2009, 06:44 PM
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/nba-history/pof.htm

Mdog1
01-26-2009, 07:00 PM
The most I counted was 5 by David Robinson and Tim Duncan. LeBron is really close to that, and most likely will tie it.

AlternativeAcc.
06-05-2022, 07:32 PM
I think as Lebron ages, his physique and speed wont be there to help his dynamic ability to drive. As he ages he looses strength and speed, what does he rely on jump shot?

As he ages, it may drain his point, rebounding, stealing, blocking ability and deflate those stats.

League leader at age 37 :banana:

Spurs m8
06-05-2022, 07:43 PM
Imagine bumping a thread over 13 years old.

10/10 loser.

No one cares about LeBarry....

The haters have had a field day this season, 10/10 enjoyable

LeExposed

ShawkFactory
06-05-2022, 07:51 PM

10/10 loser.

LeExposed

Umm...

kawhileonard2
06-05-2022, 11:12 PM
He does, he switches teams like crazy because he is afraid.

1987_Lakers
06-05-2022, 11:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeiPBRkj5g0

Shooter
06-05-2022, 11:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeiPBRkj5g0

They always come full circle :cheers:

Some are in denial, some are man enough to admit it.

2much_knowledge
06-06-2022, 12:19 AM

10/10 loser.

LeExposed

Asi i predicted, desperate loser will probably bump something from 2009 next. He just changed accounts first lol

Baller789
06-06-2022, 01:13 AM
Asi i predicted, desperate loser will probably bump something from 2009 next. He just changed accounts first lol

I mean what loser has time for that BS?
Utter desperation.

John8204
06-06-2022, 11:09 AM
I don't think Lebron has any "major" flaws...he has a few minor ones but I think his biggest failure is he's playing in the wrong era. He's had to play against super teams every year and his teammates always flame out.

3ba11
06-06-2022, 12:24 PM
I don't think Lebron has any "major" flaws...he has a few minor ones but I think his biggest failure is he's playing in the wrong era. He's had to play against super teams every year and his teammates always flame out.

As a frontcourt ball-dominator without elite jumpshooting skill, Lebron is bad at ball movement and team assists, so he lacks the teammate fits, development and brand of ball to win organically.

His spotty-shooting, frontcourt ball-dominance imposes spot-up roles that stall young players, thereby needing ready-made stars to win

John8204
06-06-2022, 12:32 PM
As a frontcourt ball-dominator without elite jumpshooting skill, Lebron is bad at ball movement and team assists, so he lacks the teammate fits, development and brand of ball to win organically.

His spotty-shooting, frontcourt ball-dominance imposes spot-up roles that stall young players, thereby needing ready-made stars to win

That's not a "major" flaw, you can't point to a top fifty all-time player that doesn't have a bigger simpler flaw than that.

3ba11
06-06-2022, 12:44 PM
That's not a "major" flaw, you can't point to a top fifty all-time player that doesn't have a bigger simpler flaw than that.

Not being able to play off-ball and have good teammate fits isn't a major flaw?

Without good teammate fits, he can't win organically (brand of ball) and must team-hop (talent-based winning.. all-star team strategy)

His dumb ball-dominator skillset was a perennial loser like Luka until the "decision" to form super-teams

Full Court
06-06-2022, 06:16 PM
Well, we know that his biggest flaw is that he doesn't have the killer instinct to do what it takes to win. Which is why he has a 22-33 finals record. His other biggest flaw is that he's inadequate in the clutch. To be fair though, he's managed to have an impressive career despite those flaws.

Shooter
06-06-2022, 09:57 PM
Well, we know that his biggest flaw is that he doesn't have the killer instinct to do what it takes to win. Which is why he has a 22-33 finals record. His other biggest flaw is that he's inadequate in the clutch. To be fair though, he's managed to have an impressive career despite those flaws.

I wonder how he has more game winners than anyone else :lol
I wonder how he has the highest elimination game ppg ever :lol
I wonder how he has the highest game 7 GameScore average ever :lol
I wonder how his game 7 stats are 35/10/6 on 49% :lol

NEXT

:dancin

warriorfan
06-06-2022, 09:59 PM
I wonder how he has more game winners than anyone else :lol
I wonder how he has the highest elimination game ppg ever :lol
I wonder how he has the highest game 7 GameScore average ever :lol
I wonder how his game 7 stats are 35/10/6 on 49% :lol

NEXT

:dancin

Team hopping onto stacked teams to play with top 5 players multiple times in his career with lots of ball domination. Playing in a historically weak Eastern Conference for the majority of his years. His entire prime played in an era where the rules were changed to free up scoring on the perimeter. The list goes on.

1987_Lakers
06-06-2022, 10:02 PM
Team hopping onto stacked teams to play with top 5 players multiple times in his career with lots of ball domination. Playing in a historically weak Eastern Conference for the majority of his years. His entire prime played in an era where the rules were changed to free up scoring on the perimeter. The list goes on.

Durant

warriorfan
06-06-2022, 10:13 PM
Durant

Deflect

1987_Lakers
06-06-2022, 10:15 PM
Deflect

What am I deflecting exactly? I'm pointing out your lack of self awareness. LeBron never played with anyone as good as Durant.

3ba11
06-06-2022, 10:26 PM
What am I deflecting exactly? I'm pointing out your lack of self awareness. LeBron never played with anyone as good as Durant.

Prime Wade was more clutch and couldn't be locked him down or roughed up like Durant - he led the 2011 Heat in playoff scoring, so he led 2 teams to the Finals (06', 11')

Healthy AD is just as good too - 2020 WCF MVP - carried Lakers to the Finals and led the entire NBA in playoffs PPG

warriorfan
06-06-2022, 10:28 PM

Nothing I said has any relevance to Kevin Durant. It is a complete deflection.

3ba11
06-06-2022, 10:28 PM
Rick Barry was a prophet

Is there anyone in history that lacks the teammate fits, teammate development and brand of ball needed to win organically more than Lebron??..

He literally lacks the skill to win organically (teammates fits and brand of ball), so he must team-hop (talent-based winning.. all-star team strategy)

warriorfan
06-06-2022, 10:33 PM
Rick Barry was a prophet

Is there anyone in history that lacks the teammate fits, teammate development and brand of ball needed to win organically more than Lebron??..

He literally lacks the skill to win organically (teammates fits and brand of ball), so he must team-hop (talent-based winning.. all-star team strategy)

He was. He’s a very unlikeable guy but he definitely knows a tremendous amount about basketball.

1987_Lakers
06-06-2022, 10:35 PM
He was. He’s a very unlikeable guy but he definitely knows a tremendous amount about basketball.

Agreed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeiPBRkj5g0&feature=emb_title

warriorfan
06-06-2022, 10:37 PM
Agreed

Okay? Lol

Baller789
06-06-2022, 10:38 PM
Agreed

He also passed to Udonis Haslem :oldlol:

Shooter
06-06-2022, 10:41 PM
Agreed

R O A S T E D his ass :lol

1987_Lakers
06-06-2022, 10:42 PM
R O A S T E D his ass :lol

:hammertime:

warriorfan
06-06-2022, 10:51 PM

Rat poison.

Shooter
06-06-2022, 10:57 PM

We got these bois on skates

Bronbron23
06-06-2022, 11:15 PM
As usual most Bron Stans will get butt hurt over the real shit Barry is talking but they really shouldn't. Yeah Brons use of screens and off ball movement is shit but he does other great things that make up for his short comings.

Axe
06-07-2022, 12:09 AM
Rat poison.
Why are you quoting yourself? :ohwell:

kawhileonard2
06-07-2022, 12:47 AM
Rick Barry vs Rob Parker debate.

3ba11
06-07-2022, 02:18 AM

^^^ that's the historical record

Ultimately, what's the difference between a pre-decision Lebron and other perennially-losing ball-dominators like Westbrook, Luka, Harden, or CP3?

The only difference is that Lebron got to team-hop around and stack his teams, otherwise he was just another career-losing ball-dominator like CP3 and company, including many debacles from 04-11'

John8204
06-07-2022, 04:22 AM
Not being able to play off-ball and have good teammate fits isn't a major flaw?

Without good teammate fits, he can't win organically (brand of ball) and must team-hop (talent-based winning.. all-star team strategy)

His dumb ball-dominator skillset was a perennial loser like Luka until the "decision" to form super-teams

That's a subjective opinion you have...statistically Lebron plays great off the ball as he's #2 in DWS' and top ten in assists.

I also don't think you can say that he's a bad teammate when he's won a chip with three different teams and the best player Wade is maybe top 40 all-time

Prime Wade was more clutch and couldn't be locked him down or roughed up like Durant - he led the 2011 Heat in playoff scoring, so he led 2 teams to the Finals (06', 11')

Healthy AD is just as good too - 2020 WCF MVP - carried Lakers to the Finals and led the entire NBA in playoffs PPG

"Prime" Wade was like Isiah Thomas or Bill Walton I suppose he had a prime but it was an all-time short one.

He never did that

Kobe, Duncan, Dirk, Garnett, Nash, Paul, Curry, Durant, Harden, Giannis, Leonard

Wade was borderline top five and it would have been a big stretch (Lebron, Durant, Kobe, Dirk, Duncan)
Kyrie never a top ten
AD when healthy could be top five but once again it's a stretch
Love not a top ten maybe not top fifteen
Shaq was a bench player
Westbrook top five contract but I think might not have been a top 15 player at his position when he joined the Lakers
Bosh didn't even make the Hall on his first ballot
Allen was never a consistent top five guy and he was ring chasing, a spot shooter and on the second half of the half of his decline

3ba11
06-07-2022, 12:21 PM
That's a subjective opinion you have...statistically Lebron plays great off the ball with great defensive WS and assists

He's the only frontcourt player that actually plays point guard and the only frontcourt ball-dominator in the league.. His abnormal ball-dominance reduces his team's capacity for ball movement compared to other teams that don't have frontcourt players dominating the ball