PDA

View Full Version : Best NBA Live 09 Dynasty Rosters

TMT
02-02-2009, 01:15 PM
Didn't see any previous threads on this. What's the best team you have put together in your dynasty mode? 1st year, 2nd year, 3rd, year, it doesn't matter.
Feel free to share if you have 2k9 too. Right now, my main team is:

PG - Chris Paul
SG - J.R. Smith
SF - Joe Johnson
PF - Al Jefferson
C - Zydrunas Ilgauskas

Bench: Michael Finley, Brook Lopez, Luke Ridnour, Paul Millsap, Anthony Randolph, Sam Cassell, Alonzo Mourning

AJ2k8
02-03-2009, 05:49 AM
I did a full dynasty on 09 had something like:

C: Oden: 81
PF: Aldridge: 80ish
SF: Lebron: 95-98
SG: DJ. Augustine: 91
PG: Random character picked up in future draft: 90

I think i had Bayless on my bench who was around 80 and im pretty sure the rest of the bench were scrubs...

A more recent line-up ive had was:

Shaq: 85
Odom: 84
Lebron: 97
Redd: 83
Jason Terry: 79
6th Man: Derek Fisher: 73

And no i'm not a Lebron fan, im actually a kobe fan but when it comes to dynasties i don't always sim from the start so i pick Lebron when i have 1st pick just in-case i choose to sim.

02-03-2009, 11:22 PM
I recently pulled a trade with the Warriors, Maggettee was too inconsistent.

So now my lineup looks like this:

PG: Monta Ellis
SG: Stephen Jackson
SF: Kevin Martin (trade Maggettee, Wright, and a couple of picks for him)
PF: Anthony Randolph
C: Andris Biedrins

Currently undefeated. :rockon:

CySniper
02-04-2009, 08:00 PM
I did a fantasy draft:

Pg - Marbury
Sg - Ben Gordan
Sf - RIchard Jefferson
PF - Carmelo
C - Yi

Bench:
Peja
THeo Ratlif
brevin knight
Dj Mengba
Ronny Turiaf

record:25-21

paperstreet
02-07-2009, 06:50 PM
my nk9 lineup looks like this

hinrich
ray allen
Ron artest
Amare
kaman

bench
jason terry
grant hill
marc gasol
penny hardaway
robert horry

amare is pretty unstoppable, kaman has good post moves, artest d's up the opposing teams best swingman, allen fast breaks to the corners.... and i am deep enough to squeak by an injury or two by starting hill or terry.

wonder how my team would do in real life......

TMT
02-07-2009, 10:40 PM
I just recently lost my first game of the season, I have a 8-1 record with my team posted above. Only loss was to the Kings who had a starting backcourt of Jason Richardson and Jamal Crawford. It's safe to say that no matter which one was playing point guard, they abused CP3 on the offensive end. Richardson ended up with something like 25 and Crawford had 35+ points. I even spent some time with Joe Johnson running the point to see if I could matchup better but they continued to score at will. Final score was 94-81.

For NBA Live users, I was also wondering if anyone knows of a way the number of games in a season could be cut down. I know in previous Live games you could decide how many games you wanted to play when you made a dynasty. You could choose 26, 41, or 82 I believe. I want to get to the playoffs and offseason faster without having to simulate or actually play 82 games. Let me know if you can help.

TMT
02-20-2009, 11:46 AM
This thread needs a bump.

Maniak
02-21-2009, 12:07 PM
Thats a good team TMT, Im assuming fantasy draft?

TMT
02-21-2009, 01:25 PM
Yeah, I like fantasy drafts better.

JJ81
02-21-2009, 04:19 PM
Fisher
Bryant
Odom
Gasol
Bynum
:cheers:

AJ2k8
02-21-2009, 09:13 PM
I just recently lost my first game of the season, I have a 8-1 record with my team posted above. Only loss was to the Kings who had a starting backcourt of Jason Richardson and Jamal Crawford. It's safe to say that no matter which one was playing point guard, they abused CP3 on the offensive end. Richardson ended up with something like 25 and Crawford had 35+ points. I even spent some time with Joe Johnson running the point to see if I could matchup better but they continued to score at will. Final score was 94-81.

For NBA Live users, I was also wondering if anyone knows of a way the number of games in a season could be cut down. I know in previous Live games you could decide how many games you wanted to play when you made a dynasty. You could choose 26, 41, or 82 I believe. I want to get to the playoffs and offseason faster without having to simulate or actually play 82 games. Let me know if you can help.

I believe it used to be 28, 52(i think), 82. But to answer your question...they don't have anything like that anymore, don't know when they got rid of it but they didn't even have it on live 08:( . If you wanna shorten a season just play so many and then simulate the rest, and if you wanna keep a good record maybe put simulation intervention on

Maniak
02-22-2009, 01:30 AM
Fisher
Bryant
Odom
Gasol
Bynum
:cheers:

0-82 imo.

JJ81
02-22-2009, 12:22 PM
0-82 imo.

45-10 so far ;)

TMT
02-22-2009, 01:36 PM
I believe it used to be 28, 52(i think), 82. But to answer your question...they don't have anything like that anymore, don't know when they got rid of it but they didn't even have it on live 08:( . If you wanna shorten a season just play so many and then simulate the rest, and if you wanna keep a good record maybe put simulation intervention on

Alright, thanks.

TheWitness
02-25-2009, 07:06 AM
have my dynasty roster like this...

Team Cleveland Cavs...

Starter

C - Oden
PF - Bosh
SF - Lebron
SG - Ray Allen
PG - Mo Williams

Bench

C - Ilgauskas
PF - Wallace
SF - Bowen
SG - Crittenton
PG - Smush Parker

salary cap is way above the limit

best record was last season... 79 - 3 (perfect at home)

TMT
02-25-2009, 06:32 PM
Another team I'm currently working with: Detroit Pistons

PG - Rodney Stuckey
SG - Caron Butler
SF - Lebron James
PF - Luis Scola
C - Andrew Bynum

Bench: Delonte West, Kyle Korver, Tim Thomas, JJ Hickson, Erick Dampier, Jason Williams, Sean Williams

Perfect 11-0

TheWitness
02-26-2009, 07:32 AM
Another team I'm currently working with: Detroit Pistons

PG - Rodney Stuckey
SG - Caron Butler
SF - Lebron James
PF - Luis Scola
C - Andrew Bynum

Bench: Delonte West, Kyle Korver, Tim Thomas, JJ Hickson, Erick Dampier, Jason Williams, Sean Williams

Perfect 11-0

how about the team chemistry? is it high?

TMT
02-26-2009, 06:32 PM
Not great, but decent.

TheWitness
02-28-2009, 07:15 AM
Not great, but decent.

haha! it wins games so it can be considered great...

i had this roster once... all of my players are like 85+ in ratings with James and Kobe 97... but the chemistry sucked and we ended up losing alot! hahaha!

TMT
02-28-2009, 12:22 PM
You had both James and Kobe? Free-agency I'm guessing.

TheWitness
03-01-2009, 08:02 AM
You had both James and Kobe? Free-agency I'm guessing.

i had them both... but i only had 10 players on my roster...
plus the cap was way above the limit...

Aidan
03-01-2009, 10:31 AM
PG-Rose/Fisher/Brooks
SG-Miller/Morrison/Houston
SF-James/Gallinari
PF-B.Lopez/P.Brown/S.Williams
C-Bynum/Mourning

TMT
03-01-2009, 12:59 PM
i had them both... but i only had 10 players on my roster...
plus the cap was way above the limit...

Yeah, the cap is what mainly would suck about it. You'd have to stick with the same players around them for most of the time, because of their contracts.

TheWitness
03-02-2009, 08:42 AM
Yeah, the cap is what mainly would suck about it. You'd have to stick with the same players around them for most of the time, because of their contracts.

plus kobe gets injured quickly so i tend to stick on lebron being a shooting guard...

anyway... he's good on the 2 spot! he's bulldozing any defender! hahaha!

TMT
03-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Not a great shooter in the game though.

TMT
04-10-2009, 04:59 PM
New team I've been messing with.

San Antonio Spurs
PG - Jason Kidd
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - John Salmons
PF - Mehmet Okur
C - Shaquille O'Neal

Bench: Brook Lopez, Danilo Gallinari, Anthony Parker, Ronny Turiaf, Anthony Randolph, Aaron Brooks, Roy Hibbert

I decided to mix a very veteran group of guys with a young, athletic bench. So far so good, 5-0.

tdotraptor
04-12-2009, 09:53 AM
have my dynasty roster like this...

Team Cleveland Cavs...

Starter

C - Oden
PF - Bosh
SF - Lebron
SG - Ray Allen
PG - Mo Williams

Bench

C - Ilgauskas
PF - Wallace
SF - Bowen
SG - Crittenton
PG - Smush Parker

salary cap is way above the limit

best record was last season... 79 - 3 (perfect at home)

that startting lineup owns :D

TMT
06-17-2009, 03:04 PM
New team I've been messing with.

San Antonio Spurs
PG - Jason Kidd
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - John Salmons
PF - Mehmet Okur
C - Shaquille O'Neal

Bench: Brook Lopez, Danilo Gallinari, Anthony Parker, Ronny Turiaf, Anthony Randolph, Aaron Brooks, Roy Hibbert

I decided to mix a very veteran group of guys with a young, athletic bench. So far so good, 5-0.

I stuck with this team and played through the whole season. I only lost 9 games. I played most of it, but simulated every once in a while. Bryant, O'Neal and Okur all made all star team. After the All-Star break I got annoyed with Salmons' scoring/shooting inconsistency so I replaced him in the starting lineup with Anthony Parker to have another shooting option at the beginning of games. Parker serves to be a good weapon when given more minutes and Salmons has played way better off the bench. I won COY, Kobe missed out on MVP to Chris Paul, Shaq made 1st defensive team.

I got the first seed in the WC and played Sacramento in the first round (Lamarcus Aldridge, Tracy McGrady, Derrick Rose, Rafer Alston were their main contributors). After losing game 1 at home, I beat them 4 straight times to take the series in 5 games, including a thrilling game 4 win with a Mehmet Okur three point shot with .8 seconds remaining to seal the game. In the second round I met up with the 4th seed Warriors (Rashard Lewis, Allen Iverson, Al Harrington were main guys). This team seemed to only have 3 point shooters who didn't shoot well throughout the series, they also failed to have any inside presence. I swept the series easily and headed to the WCF. In the WCF I'm currently playing the Memphis Grizzlies (6th seed) who happened to beat me twice during the regular season (Tayshaun Prince, Josh Smith, Baron Davis, Charlie Villanueva, Larry Hughes, Michael Finley). All guys listed average double figures. They play small lineups most of the time but are a very good scoring team. I'm currently up 2-0 in that series but I have a feeling they will play better as the series shifts to Memphis.

I have a quite a few plans for the off-season. I need to clear cap space and I am way over the limit, as you can imagine, with Kidd (18 mil), O'Neal (20 mil) and Bryant (17.7 mil). The only players I have coming off the books are Kidd and Anthony Parker which together should save me about 24 mil if I don't decide to resign them (age) but still keeping me over the cap limit by about 2 mil. I plan on using Salmons and maybe Shaq as trade bait and seeing what other deals I can get done to save me some cash to possibly sign some younger players. I also have no use for my 1st round draft pick as it is unlikely to find a quality player with such a late pick, so I might look to trade that as well.

Let me know what you think so far.

Fossil13
06-28-2009, 07:32 AM
Didn't see any previous threads on this. What's the best team you have put together in your dynasty mode? 1st year, 2nd year, 3rd, year, it doesn't matter.
Feel free to share if you have 2k9 too. Right now, my main team is:

PG - Chris Paul
SG - J.R. Smith
SF - Joe Johnson
PF - Al Jefferson
C - Zydrunas Ilgauskas

Bench: Michael Finley, Brook Lopez, Luke Ridnour, Paul Millsap, Anthony Randolph, Sam Cassell, Alonzo Mourning

This is my dynasty team. I dont know how it got so good i think it was fluke but I just traded Josh McRoberts and Hedo Turkgalu for Stoudomire.

C. Dwight Howard
PF. Amare Stoudomire
SF. Lebron James
SG. Kobe Byrant
PG. Steve Nash

6. Derrick Rose
7. Daniel Gibson
8. Rajon Rondo
9. Some guy I signed as a free agent

WHAT DO U GUYS THINK ???????????:hammertime:

AJ2k8
06-28-2009, 08:14 AM
This is my dynasty team. I dont know how it got so good i think it was fluke but I just traded Josh McRoberts and Hedo Turkgalu for Stoudomire.

C. Dwight Howard
PF. Amare Stoudomire
SF. Lebron James
SG. Kobe Byrant
PG. Steve Nash

6. Derrick Rose
7. Daniel Gibson
8. Rajon Rondo
9. Some guy I signed as a free agent

WHAT DO U GUYS THINK ???????????:hammertime:

I think the team chemistry will be awful...

TMT
06-28-2009, 01:05 PM
Check out my offseason moves:

- Resigned Jason Kidd to 1 year deal
- Anthony Parker retires
- With 2 high draft picks got 2 crappy post players (both put on IR)
- Signed Drew Gooden to 2 year deal with MLE
- Traded Ronnie Turiaf for Kyle Korver
- After season started, traded John Salmons and Anthony Randolph for Hedo Turkoglu

My roster now looks something like this.

PG - Jason Kidd/ Aaron Brooks
SG - Kobe Bryant/ Kyle Korver
SF - Hedo Turkoglu/ Danillo Gallinari
PF - Mehmet Okur/ Drew Gooden
C - Shaquille O'Neal/ Brook Lopez/ Roy Hibbert