PDA

View Full Version : Lakers trade Vladimir Radmanovic to Bobcats for Adam Morrison, Shannon Brown

insidehoops
02-07-2009, 04:21 PM
Charlotte Bobcats General Manager Rod Higgins announced today that the team has acquired forward Vladimir Radmanovic from the Los Angeles Lakers in exchange for forward Adam Morrison and guard Shannon Brown (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/../blog/?p=3350).

Darius
02-07-2009, 04:22 PM
Lakers lucky to get out from under Vlad's contract.

Lamar Doom
02-07-2009, 04:24 PM
i like morrison hope he evolves into something. just hustle adam. i don't give a sh*t about shannon brown. sorry to see vlad go, he and phil just didn't see eye to eye

niko
02-07-2009, 04:25 PM
i like morrison, i don't give a sh*t about shannon brown. sorry to see vlad go, he and phil just didn't see eye to eye

that was due to vlad's additional eye due to him being a space alien. :cheers: dude has skills but he's just so out there, it's like he's a team of one at times - too many times.

the league is doomed now, lakers got morrison. What could possibly stop them now?

big tuna
02-07-2009, 04:26 PM
kupchak must be shrooming

crisoner
02-07-2009, 04:26 PM
No more Spacecadet...good luck with the Bobcats buddy.

browntown
02-07-2009, 04:27 PM
It's a meh deal. But I thought they would keep Vlad because Bynum is out.

AMISTILLILL
Morrison a Laker? Bringing the scumstache to LA.

Allstar24
Goodbye Vlad, too bad we couldn't utilize his talent on this team.

insidehoops
02-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Your INTELLIGENT OPINIONS on this news are welcome.

Mr_Basketball#1
I was just saying last night that I wished Morrison could find a new team. I think the Lakers will like Shannon Brown. He can play the one and the two.

Lamar Doom
as long as luke walton is going to start at the 3 and Ariza is going to back him up, there really is no NEED for Vlad, who basically does the same job as sasha, it makes sense positionally to avoid duplication. I hope we waive shannon brown. Morrison and Larry Brown didn't get along either from what I hear, I was convinced Adam wasn't going to make it as a pro but I've seen a couple games with him and he's a decent player, does a little of everything, like a more perimeter oriented David Lee. Work on your jumper Adam, we'll find minutes for you.

Fatal9
02-07-2009, 04:33 PM
Morrison is terrible, that's all I can say. At least Vlade could hit the 3, Morrison is mediocre to bad in every facet of the game.

kobesabi
02-07-2009, 04:33 PM
Watch, in March, Vlad will be pissed for trading him and taking his chance of championship and shoot like crazy and start doing real defense. :D

Hopefully the new guy don't create as much high blood pressure for us Lakers.

statman32
02-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Too funny. Adam Morrison and Kobe Bryant finnaly together. I've been waiting for this day forever. Kobe exploded after being traded by Charlotte and so will Morrison

bagelred
02-07-2009, 04:36 PM
Instead of random comments, everyone put your analysis:

For Lakers/Bobcats, is it:

Win/Win, Win/Lose, Lose/Win, or Lose/Lose??? And why?

TheGreatDeraj
Damn I loved Radman. Dude was money from three, and could hit the big shot. He was shooting like 45% from 3 until Phil Jackson decides to kick him off the starting lineup and only play him 5 minutes a game. He was a much better starter than Luke Walton. I am surprised at this.

Oh well, I like Adam Morrison, but Shannon Brown doesn't seem like a very good player. At least Shannon Brown Expires and Morrisons contract is smaller and one year less in length.

It's a lose lose to me...

Lakers lose depth at SF, but save money. Maybe this will help Lakers sign Ariza, Fisher, Farmar. Charlotte gains a better player, but who doesn't really play defense, and has a much bigger contract. Both teams seem better how they were.

InspiredLebowski
LA obviously now the clear favorite to win the title.

Seriously though, why the hell does Charlotte make this deal? Radmanovic's contract is ugly. I understand they gave up on Morrison, but moving him for Vlad Rad?

Kblaze8855
02-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Adam has more potential than people give him credit for. I watched him drop about 30 early in his career. He wont be a superstar but I wont be suprised if hes a 15-16ppg type on poor shooting. Make some clutch plays here and there. Biger less crazy Vernon Maxwell.

Myth
02-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Kobe exploded after being traded by Charlotte and so will Morrison

:oldlol: Yeah, I swear that Kobe didn't show any of his real skills in his time in Charlotte.

Lamar Doom
02-07-2009, 04:41 PM
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii7/theondeckcircle/crudupmorrison.jpg

welcome to LA Adam, if ball doesn't work out you can Stand In or Photo Double for BIlly Cruddup

konex
I like the deal. Morrison is basically Vlad without the attitude and Brown is a tough, athletic guard

gts
a couple projects for the lakers... i don't expect to see them get game time until next year... maybe morrison will pick up some minutes here and there.

don't know anything about brown

vlad wasn''t doing anything spectacular this season... kinda a blah trade, nothing earth shattering...

Dizzle-2k7
02-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Bad deal for the Lakers unless this is about Vlad's contract..

Vlad was bigmoney from three, decent rebounder, decent defender. Cant blame him for getting owned by Pierce last Finals but when he guards someone his own size he's decent.

Morrison and Brown havent done shlt in this league.

gts
02-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Too funny. Adam Morrison and Kobe Bryant finnaly together. I've been waiting for this day forever. Kobe exploded after being traded by Charlotte and so will Morrisonlol goofball

gasolina
02-07-2009, 04:44 PM
The Lakers are quietly building a young team outside Kobe, Gasol and Fisher

Bynum
Farmar
Sasha
Ariza

Maybe Sun Yue

Now Morrison. It seems the Lakers don't want to ever be a lottery team.

konex
02-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Vlad was bigmoney from three, decent rebounder, decent defender

You've got to be kidding. Vlad's contract is toxic and he's not needed on this team with Luke and Trevor. Morrison is a project and Brown is bench fodder though he can help against athletic wing players from time to time..

MTing
02-07-2009, 04:45 PM
Interesting move by the Lakers.

LakersLaLaLand
02-07-2009, 04:47 PM
The Lakers SHOULD have traded for Raja Bell. Thats would have been real news. Maybe Raja's recent injury squashed the Raja offer.

Lakers made this deal for 2 reasons. Maybe 3. Ok 4. Ok there are more than that.

1) Vlads contract was a huge ugly weight. Ariza and Odom are in contract years. Now the Lakers have real space to pay Ariza at least. Odom is currently making 15.5. Who knows what he wants next season.

JUST LOOKED THIS IS BAD THINKING. MORRISONS CONTRACT IS JUST A LARGE AND LONG AS VLADS. Lakers maybe save 2 mil this year and 1.5 next season. I don't completely understand the cap.

Vlad makes 6 mil each of the next 2 seasons.

Adam makes. 4.2 - 5.2 - 6.8(qualifying offer year).

2) Shannon Brown MIGHT be the DEFENSIVE guard(6'4") Phil looking for. Please chime in bobcat fans. Brown hasn't been a big widely known as a defender. Shannons athleticism and quick first step will help the Lakers from getting burned on the perimeter. If he can figure out the triangle. Or else he will not be getting any playing time.

3) Adam Morrison now becomes a project. Can he be a defender? Probably not. Phil J has a fetish for big guards. At 6'8" Morrison may have the potential to actually be a contributor.

Sasha is going to lose playing time as soon as these guys learn the triangle.

Damnit....I really wanted Raja Bell.

Its an ok deal. Last season people didn't think the Ariza-Brian Cook/Mau Evans deal wasn't important. Look at how that turned out.

Ariza is a big time contributor to the Lakers. Perfect role player on offense and d.

Getting rid of Cook and his contract was a :hammertime: Cook is terrible.

Evans was a spazzzz.

crisoner
02-07-2009, 04:47 PM
I'm kind of whatever about the deal.
I really hoped Vladimir would pan out for the Lakers someday but I guess it just did not work. I thought he was a great signing by Mitch a couple years back but he didn't produce (specially on Dee).

And now we got Adam Morrison? Does Mitch miss having a former Gonzaga player (Turiaf) or something? Well as a Laker fan I do hope for the best.

InspiredLebowski
02-07-2009, 04:50 PM
Remember Mike Dunleavy being a bust (albeit not as big as Morrison) as a #3 pick then he went to a team that utilized him in the correct way and he became a pretty solid player? Maybe the same can happen for the Stache, I hope so, I've always liked him. Maybe being back on the west coast'll do him some good.

Fatal9
02-07-2009, 04:50 PM
Adam has more potential than people give him credit for. I watched him drop about 30 early in his career. He wont be a superstar but I wont be suprised if hes a 15-16ppg type on poor shooting. Make some clutch plays here and there. Biger less crazy Vernon Maxwell.
Sounds like Larry Hughes...which is not good.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
02-07-2009, 04:53 PM
Phil got his new space cadet...=> Adam Morrison

I hope there is a follow up trade with the OKC for joe smith.....the lakers save 6.8million in this trade if they dont offer morrison the qualifying offer

RajonKGcelts
02-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Hated the stache at Gonzaga cause i was loved Reddick, but now i can hate him again for being on the Fakers

DukeDelonte13
this trade is a win for the lakers for financial reasons only. We probably won't see the true value of this trade until this summer or next year.

KOBEtherealKing
Bad deal for the Lakers unless this is about Vlad's contract..

Vlad was bigmoney from three, decent rebounder, decent defender. Cant blame him for getting owned by Pierce last Finals but when he guards someone his own size he's decent.

Morrison and Brown havent done shlt in this league.

decent rebounder, decent defender?

he barely got rebounds and when Phil would put him in the game at the last minute; he would mess it up by letting his player shoot a 3. like he did against the pacers.

i wished he played like he did in Seattle.:banghead:

Prodigy
02-07-2009, 04:56 PM
I'm not entirely sure why the Bobcats do this. Taking on another bad contract just to get rid of Morrison? It's not like Vladimir is a good defender either.

Mississippi
02-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Unexpected! I'm pretty sure the Lakers FO originally called inquiring about Nazr Mohammed instead.

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-07-2009, 04:58 PM
can u imagine being brown or morrison...getting the call that the la lakers just traded for u...wow...talk about a life changing phone call.

nbastatus
02-07-2009, 05:00 PM
oh god!
i guess adam will be overrated soon.

konex
02-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Bobcats/Cavs fans, how good is Brown at defending fast guards? It's been painful to watch Fisher the last few weeks. What an embarrassment for Kobe to be guarding Rondo cos no one else on the team can dream of staying in front of him..

big baller
02-07-2009, 05:01 PM
can u imagine being brown or morrison...getting the call that the la lakers just traded for u...wow...talk about a life changing phone call.

how about getting traded out of the lakers? must SUCK.

And i don't like this trade.....just have a bad feeling bout it.

gts
02-07-2009, 05:02 PM
The Lakers SHOULD have traded for Raja Bell. Thats would have been real news. Maybe Raja's recent injury squashed the Raja offer.

Lakers made this deal for 2 reasons. Maybe 3. Ok 4. Ok there are more than that.

1) Vlads contract was a huge ugly weight. Ariza and Odom are in contract years. Now the Lakers have real space to pay Ariza at least. Odom is currently making 15.5. Who knows what he wants next season.

2) Shannon Brown MIGHT be the DEFENSIVE guard(6'4") Phil looking for. Please chime in bobcat fans. Brown hasn't been a big widely known as a defender. Shannons athleticism and quick first step will help the Lakers from getting burned on the perimeter. If he can figure out the triangle. Or else he will not be getting any playing time.

3) Adam Morrison now becomes a project. Can he be a defender? Probably not. Phil J has a fetish for big guards. At 6'8" Morrison may have the potential to actually be a contributor.

odom only makes 11 million it's just reported at a higher amount because of the ETO in his contract

shannon brown will be waived i'd imagine, lakers will want a clear roster spot incase of emergencies

morrisison is a project, i don't expect we'll see him anytime soon other than garbage time with sun yue

konex
02-07-2009, 05:03 PM
Why would they waive Brown? He is way better than Sun Yue..

Prodigy
02-07-2009, 05:04 PM
Bobcats/Cavs fans, how good is Brown at defending fast guards? It's been painful to watch Fisher the last few weeks. What an embarrassment for Kobe to be guarding Rondo cos no one else on the team can dream of staying in front of him..

You can't be serious. Kobe guards Rondo because he doesn't want to guard Ray.

konex
02-07-2009, 05:05 PM
You can't be serious. Kobe guards Rondo because he doesn't want to guard Ray.

He guards Rondo cos Fisher cannot deny penetration..

Mississippi
02-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Vlad! :(
http://f3.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nba_experts__16/ept_sports_nba_experts-824787440-1227496205.jpg?ymO86XADrxabLSyC

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-07-2009, 05:12 PM
why didnt the lakers just cut radmanovic when he lied last season? seemed like the logical decision since they wanted to part ways with his contract.

02-07-2009, 05:12 PM
I loved Morrison in college and honestly I will miss Vladdy. We basically traded a player Phil dislikes for a player who has been a giant disappointment in the NBA, but he was picked 3rd overall in the draft. I think it's a good risk to take by LA, and if Adam emerges in the Laker system, well damn, he could be a giant asset off the bench or even start at the 3.

People loved his heart in college, I hope he does turn his career around in LA. All the best to Vladdy, I am kind of sad right now.

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-07-2009, 05:13 PM
[QUOTE=

konex
02-07-2009, 05:14 PM
why didnt the lakers just cut radmanovic when he lied last season? seemed like the logical decision since they wanted to part ways with his contract.

That would send a nice message to future FAs, wouldn't it?

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-07-2009, 05:16 PM
That would send a nice message to future FAs, wouldn't it?

who gives a fck...unless that is the real reason...did the bulls pay off all of jay wills contract after he got in that accident?

Mississippi
02-07-2009, 05:17 PM
Ariza exploded after being traded to the Lakers so hopefully Morrison has some luck.

kobesabi
02-07-2009, 05:17 PM
Does Morrison or Brown plays defense?

konex
02-07-2009, 05:18 PM
Ariza exploded after being traded to the Lakers so hopefully Morrison has some luck.

If he can't make it playing with Kobe and Pau, he's done as a pro player..

NoGunzJustSkillz

morrison looked pretty good last time the lakers faced the bobcats...wonder if that had anything to do with the decision.

KOBEtherealKing
I wanted RAJA!!!!!!

raja and kobe , :no:

LakersLaLaLand
Why would they waive Brown? He is way better than Sun Yue..

Brown was a big key to the Bobcats beating the Laker in OT a couple weeks ago.

He was playing in the crunch minutes.

konex
02-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Brown was a big key to the Bobcats beating the Laker in OT a couple weeks ago.

He was playing in the crunch minutes.

Hell, he might be the best all-around player in this deal :roll:

RoseCity07
02-07-2009, 05:20 PM
I thought Vlad was great in LA. I hated him hitting 3's. Move doesn't really make LA better but maybe it was done for cap reasons.

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-07-2009, 05:22 PM
i'd think adam morrison is more tradeable than radmanovic...sure lakers can do something with adam after this season and if not....he comes off the books a year earlier than rad would have.

Mississippi
Yeah Morrison is a pure shooter. The Cats didn't have any player on their roster that demanded a double team. The Lakers have 3 including Bynum. With Kobe, Bynum, & Gasol demanding double teams at time Morrison will have alot of open looks.

Borat
Brown is a spectacular practice player offensively but he has never translated it to games. A good defender when he tries.

Morrison cant guard, rebound or pass. Supposedly he can shoot, but has shown it in games yet. What a dumb pick by MJ.

Showtime
02-07-2009, 05:24 PM
*cue Morrison's overrating*

LakersLaLaLand
02-07-2009, 05:28 PM
He guards Rondo cos Fisher cannot deny penetration..

He guards rondo...so he can be a floater on defense...helping where help is needed. Rondo's non shot allows this.

Reverend Hoops
02-07-2009, 05:31 PM
Hell, he might be the best all-around player in this deal :roll:

Actually he is. He is the best defender in this group.

And Laker fans why are you saying Adam Morrison will be good for the open 3's. You should have kept Vlad for that, he is a better 3PT shooter. Morrison has been been horrible in the NBA shooting 36% from the field (No not from 3). That being said I think he is a great scorer. But he is not a spot-up shooter.

BankShot
02-07-2009, 05:32 PM
Your INTELLIGENT OPINIONS on this news are welcome.

Hate to say it but those are few and way too far between here on ISH.

As for the trade, its good for the Lakers to get out of Vlad-Rad's contract, and it will be interesting to see if Phil gives Ammo some burn.

Maybe Radmanovich will actually do something positive in Charlotte... look at what happened to Diaw with a change of scenery.

Mississippi
02-07-2009, 05:34 PM
Actually he is. He is the best defender in this group.

And Laker fans why are you saying Adam Morrison will be good for the open 3's. You should have kept Vlad for that, he is a better 3PT shooter. Morrison has been been horrible in the NBA shooting 36% from the field (No not from 3). That being said I think he is a great scorer. But he is not a spot-up shooter.
Like I've said before, alot of Vlad's threes were wide open shots coming from Kobe's drive and kicks. Morrison is a better shooter and will have those same looks now and plus he's cheaper.

Reverend Hoops
02-07-2009, 05:39 PM
Like I've said before, alot of Vlad's threes were wide open shots coming from Kobe's drive and kicks. Morrison is a better shooter and will have those same looks now and plus he's cheaper.

NBA statistics don't show that. You can say that he is a better scorer (which I believe too) but Vlad is a better shooter and has better FG%.

Mr_Basketball#1
02-07-2009, 05:43 PM
Hopefully Shannon gets playing time.

Mississippi
02-07-2009, 05:45 PM
NBA statistics don't show that. You can say that he is a better scorer (which I believe too) but Vlad is a better shooter and has better FG%.
The Bobcats didn't have any player that demanded a double team to get Morrison the open looks that Vlad was getting with the Lakers.

Al Thornton
02-07-2009, 05:47 PM
The one player I hate more than Vladimir Radmonivic has to be traded here. WTF MITCH????:wtf:

mltk53
02-07-2009, 05:47 PM
many people are questioning why take adam when you got vladi. well, other than financial reason, i think its mostly cuss of vladi's worth ethic. that guy lies, and shows up late to practices, and sometimes play lazy on defense. and phil hated that

SoCalMike
02-07-2009, 05:49 PM

NBA statistics show averages and does not account for frequency... it has been a hallmark of vladrad to have a game where he shoots a phenominal 6-9 or something like that from beyond the arc, and then the next 5-8 games, shoot 1 for 5 or something.... and then poof, another 5 for 9 shooting from beyond the arc. he's just not consistent, so basically you get about 10-12 games a seaso where he shoots incredibly, and the rest he is relatively horrible or non-existent. i cannot comment on how morrison will do, but i can only speak to what i saw with the lakers.

:pimp:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
02-07-2009, 05:50 PM
I hope Mitch turns Morrison for Joe Smith + a pick......and shaves off an extra 5mil to sign odom and Ariza next year......

John Dough
02-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Morrison sucks.

Reverend Hoops
02-07-2009, 05:52 PM
The Bobcats didn't have any player that demanded a double team to get Morrison the open looks that Vlad was getting with the Lakers.

There have been many times when he had open looks and just couldn't knock it down. But, We will see. I do think Phil Jackson and Adam Morrison will hit off early. He should be more comfortable back in the West coast.

Thom.Yorke
02-07-2009, 05:53 PM
I think they are ponds for another potential trade for a team looking to shed money I dont think Mitch would want to save a few bucks and risk losing the championship.

Bring shaq back! :P

Reverend Hoops
02-07-2009, 05:54 PM
NBA statistics show averages and does not account for frequency... it has been a hallmark of vladrad to have a game where he shoots a phenominal 6-9 or something like that from beyond the arc, and then the next 5-8 games, shoot 1 for 5 or something.... and then poof, another 5 for 9 shooting from beyond the arc. he's just not consistent, so basically you get about 10-12 games a seaso where he shoots incredibly, and the rest he is relatively horrible or non-existent. i cannot comment on how morrison will do, but i can only speak to what i saw with the lakers.

Well at least Adam Morrison has been consistent. :confusedshrug:

catzhernandez
02-07-2009, 06:07 PM
HOLY ****, I just read this... WOW.

Kobe24
02-07-2009, 06:10 PM
Lakers = present and the future

Kupchak = GOAT GM

1~Gibson~1
02-07-2009, 06:11 PM
Lakers = present and the future

Kupchak = GOAT GMDanny iz better

D-Rose
I never thought about that but yeah Morrison could be a trade piece for say Joe Smith/Chris Wilcox. Both expirers and big men.:confusedshrug:

Kobe24
I feel another trade coming.

jbot
02-07-2009, 06:13 PM
maybe phil can make something out of morrison, who i feel can still be a good player.

Thom.Yorke
02-07-2009, 06:15 PM
morrisson & brown & mihn and/or yue for a real center or good backup center or who know maybe even amare, bosh,

powell is playing good on the 2nd rotation, no reason to trade him but its a possibility.

1~Gibson~1
02-07-2009, 06:16 PM
With all the attention Kobe and Bynum iz going to get he'll be a good fit 4 the Lakerz. Brown might not play much though.

rs98762001
02-07-2009, 06:19 PM
Another great move by Kupchak, who is turning into one of the best GMs in the business. Smart smart smart. I never thought he'd find anyone to take Rad's toxic contract. Of course, this is slightly negated by the fact that it was Kupchak himself who gave Vlad that contract, but it's a nice way of rectifying his own mistake.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
02-07-2009, 06:20 PM
morrisson & brown & mihn and/or yue for a real center or good backup center or who know maybe even amare, bosh,

powell is playing good on the 2nd rotation, no reason to trade him but its a possibility.

they can trade morrison solo only....he cant be traded as a package...so hell morrision for joe smith and a pick would be awesome

Lakers13
02-07-2009, 06:21 PM
I smell another trade in the works, whats the timetable to trade somebody who was just traded?

KOBEtherealKing
02-07-2009, 06:25 PM
why do we need joe smith? for a big man? :confusedshrug:

Kobe24
02-07-2009, 06:25 PM
I smell another trade in the works, whats the timetable to trade somebody who was just traded?

48 hours

ZeN
02-07-2009, 06:36 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: !!!!!!!!VladRads Gone!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

bdreason
02-07-2009, 06:38 PM
This feels like a setup trade to me.

I wouldn't be surprised to see another move made soon.

KOBEtherealKing
02-07-2009, 06:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_fyWxC-JKw

JJ81
02-07-2009, 06:57 PM
This feels like a setup trade to me.

I wouldn't be surprised to see another move made soon.

Hopefully we wont be keeping Morrison

konex
02-07-2009, 07:00 PM
Hopefully we wont be keeping Morrison

Why? His value is at an alltime low right now but he's better than Luke or Sasha who get a lot of PT on this team..

gts
02-07-2009, 07:01 PM
Why? His value is at an alltime low right now but he's better than Luke or Sasha who get a lot of PT on this team..you don't watch alot of basketball do you...

ZeN
02-07-2009, 07:08 PM
you don't watch alot of basketball do you...
:oldlol:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
02-07-2009, 07:16 PM
why do we need joe smith? for a big man? :confusedshrug:

we need him because he is an expirer...4.8mil......also he is a vet.......

Babalu
02-07-2009, 07:33 PM
why are alot of people saying radman lies or lied? Anyone got a story for this, i must have missed it. and why PJ hates him?

kobesabi
02-07-2009, 07:37 PM
why are alot of people saying radman lies or lied? Anyone got a story for this, i must have missed it. and why PJ hates him?
as far as i know, any noticable lies related to radmanovic is the time where he lied about his injury that later turned out to be from his snowboarding trip.

Waking_Life
02-07-2009, 07:42 PM
Radmonovich is [Sh!t]

Good [Ridance]

gts
02-07-2009, 07:45 PM
why are alot of people saying radman lies or lied? Anyone got a story for this, i must have missed it. and why PJ hates him?when he went snow boarding and screwed up his elbow/shoulder(?) he said he fell in a parking lot, then it was later learned he was actually snowboarding which is against team policy...

LA_Showtime
02-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Are there any trade restrictions with Morrison and Brown?

Morrison + Brown + Mihm for Brad Miller? :cheers:

KOBEtherealKing
02-07-2009, 07:50 PM
Are there any trade restrictions with Morrison and Brown?

Morrison + Brown + Mihm for Brad Miller? :cheers:

Lol , http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=556~2450~549~1016~2992~3016&teams=13~23~23~30~23~23&te=&cash=

LA_Showtime
02-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Lol , http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=556~2450~549~1016~2992~3016&teams=13~23~23~30~23~23&te=&cash=

What a steal for the Kings!!!

NewYorkUSCtrojan
02-07-2009, 07:58 PM
V-Rad and Morrison are both space cadet..They both suck!

This was purely a cap room move by LA to retain LO, Ariza, Jordan.

KOBEtherealKing
02-07-2009, 08:12 PM
Lakers basically traded TRASH for TRASH. It's definitely a salary cap move. Hopefully it's to retain Ariza and not Lamar Odumb.

Also for the one Lakers fan who said that Morrison is > Luke and Vujacrap.....he's right.

Hopefully those 2 scrubs are traded next....especially that Euro trash, Sasha.

smh, :no:

nbastatus
02-07-2009, 08:13 PM
Lakers basically traded TRASH for TRASH. It's definitely a salary cap move. Hopefully it's to retain Ariza and not Lamar Odumb.

Also for the one Lakers fan who said that Morrison is > Luke and Vujacrap.....he's right.

Hopefully those 2 scrubs are traded next....especially that Euro trash, Sasha.
cocky mcb!tch is right!

picc84
02-07-2009, 08:15 PM
This better be in preparation for another trade. Thats all I have to say.

KOBEtherealKing
02-07-2009, 08:22 PM
According to league rules, Morrison can not be *packaged* in a trade for 2 months (which puts the Lakers past the trading deadline). However he can be traded straight-up after 48 hours.

IF another trade is coming, it's definitely Sasha (please God), Luke Walton (please Jesus) or Lamar Odom (please Allah). Out of those 3 scrubs, I really hope that Sasha aka the 'black hole' is moved. He's beyond useless and worthless.

how is Sasha worthless? Sasha is better than Luke but Luke knows the triangle, it should only be mihm + mbenga and maybe sun yue now why are they keeping him? send him to the d-league.

SoCalMike
02-07-2009, 08:24 PM
IF another trade is coming, it's definitely Sasha (please God), Luke Walton (please Jesus) or Lamar Odom (please Allah). Out of those 3 scrubs, I really hope that Sasha aka the 'black hole' is moved. He's beyond useless and worthless.

yes, because its in the best interest of a title contending team to rip the fabric of its team apart.... brilliant move.

amfirst
02-07-2009, 08:30 PM
Kobe is better at guarding penetrating guards, while fisher is better guarding quick pop n shooters. Kobe doesn't like to fight through screens and tend to play lazy d, unless it down to the wire than he plays serious d.

D-Rose
02-07-2009, 08:31 PM
Sasha is better than Luke individually, but in the concept of the Triangle Offense.....Luke > Sasha. Also Ariza can slide over and play the 2 if needed.

Sasha just worked the Lakers (ala Vlad Rad and Luke) for a new deal. Now that he has long term security, he's gone back to SUCKING again. His basketball IQ is horrible and he can no longer hit thwe outside shot with consistency nor run the offense properly (the ball dies in his hands).

He serves NO purpose. Trade his overrated, over-paid ass away.
You want them traded away sooo bad? Ok Corky. Let's play GM.

You give me trade possiblities for Sasha, Luke, or Lamar.

Trades that both teams would do. Trades that would improve the Lakers, not only for the regular season but playoffs.

Good luck.

D-Rose
02-07-2009, 08:43 PM
I'd only TRADE Lamar IF the right deal was in place (ie Amare). Either way, I seriously doubt that the Lakers will resign him this summer, unless Lamar accepts a huge paycut. Doc Buss is NOT going to have 4 huge contracts (Kobe, Gasol, Bynum + Odom) at once. Also keep in mind that Kobe will opt out and will demand and get a bigger deal as well.

Trade possibilities for Sasha and/or Luke? Probably NONE. Which NBA team is going to want their absurd contract for the next 4 years?

It doesn't mean that I can't pray or hope though.
Odom would take a paycut if LA won the title. The man already said he wants to be a Laker for life. If he gets a ring, why not come back to do it all over again. His FA value isn't exactly huge because there are better FAs out there and most teams will save 09 cap space for 2010.

As for Luke and Sasha, they're great roleplayers that help the team a lot. I wouldn't trade either unless it makes us a lot better. We had a bad SF contract with Radman, so at least he's gone.

SoCalMike
02-07-2009, 08:48 PM
IF Sasha + Luke are the "fabric" of this team, then they're in real trouble. :oldlol:

you left out odom...

have you ever even played an organized sport before? your comments clearly demonstrate otherwise as you have no clue what makes a "team."

LA.MJ&KB#1
02-07-2009, 09:00 PM
Why? His value is at an alltime low right now but he's better than Luke or Sasha who get a lot of PT on this team..
BINGO my thoughts actually... Morris will enjoy being on the west coast especially as a laker.

Bond007
02-07-2009, 09:38 PM
eric pincus analysis of the trade:

Lakers: Another Clever Move from Mitch Kupchak

Adjust font size:
The Los Angeles Lakers and Charlotte Bobcats made a dead weight for dead weight deal on Saturday that could serve both teams well - swapping Vladimir Radmanovic for Adam Morrison. The Lakers also receive 6'4" guard Shannon Brown who hadn't found a consistent role for Coach Larry Brown and the Bobcats.

Radmanovic had been overtaken by both Luke Walton and Trevor Ariza in the rotation. Even power forward Josh Powell had earned the backup role to Lamar Odom while center Andrew Bynum recovers from a knee injury. Despite the fact that Radmanovic shot 44.1% from three for the Lakers in 46 games, he struggled defensively and lacked any playmaking skills so valuable in the triangle.

Morrison had a high scoring rookie campaign but blew out his knee before last year, ironically in a preseason game at STAPLES Center against the Lakers. A renowned shooter in college, Morrison has struggled to adapt to the NBA game - hitting just 37.3% from the field over his career.

More irony, the Bobcats were especially desperate at small forward after Andrew Bynum's flagrant foul on Gerald Wallace led to a partially collapsed lung and broken ribs. Wallace hopes to return after the All-Star break but even with Gerald, Charlotte had been struggling for depth.

As the saying goes, one man's trash is another's treasure - Radmanovic has the potential to step in as a starter and contribute immediately for Charlotte. The Bobcats may be 13th in the Eastern Conference but they're only 3 1/2 games behind the badly injured Milwaukee Bucks.

Equally, Morrison may find the triangle offense to be similar to what he ran with Gonzaga. Anything LA gets out of Adam would be a bonus . . .

Whether or not Morrison becomes a contributor for the Lakers at all, General Manager Mitch Kupchak once again made a clever move. Radmanovic is under contract for $13.4 million over the next two seasons. Technically he has an early termination option before the 2010 season, but Kupchak couldn't count on Vlade to exercise it.

Since LA is expected to be over the luxury tax threshold for the next couple of years - from one perspective Radmanovic was costing the Lakers $12-$13.7 million a year with minimal production.

Morrison will make $5.3 million next year in the final year of his contract after which he would become a restricted free agent (unless he and the Lakers agree to an extension next summer).

Shannon Brown is an athletic guard who isn't necessarily a great shooter or passer. He has some ability defensively. Perhaps he could be a more defensive-minded Mo Evans (now with the Atlanta Hawks) although it may be difficult for Brown to earn playing time. He's earning the league minimum for a player with two-year's experience at $797,581, expiring after this season.

Kupchak saved the Lakers about $2.2 million in salary (including taxes) this year, $2.4 million for 2009/10 and potentially $13.8 million for 2010/11.

The extra expense will be worthwhile for the Bobcats if Radmanovic can help them make the playoffs for the first time in franchise history. He may not have fit with the Lakers but he's still one of the league's best shooters.

Radmanovic was one of the most charitable Lakers, regularly holding events and fundraisers to help those in need. He was crushed when Coach Phil Jackson demoted him to the bench and while a championship run may be further way for the Bobcats, the move may ultimately be a positive for his career.

While the Lakers reduce their total salary next season, there remains tremendous pressure on Kupchak to keep payroll to a reasonable number. Recently the Phoenix Suns have shopped big men Amar'e Stoudemire and Shaquille O'Neal around the league. Sources say the Lakers had some rudimentary discussions with the Suns but that there isn't much common ground between the two organizations.

Assuming star Kobe Bryant opts out of his contract after the season and re-signs for $22.3 million in the first year and that the Lakers give small forward Trevor Ariza a contract similar to guard Sasha Vujacic ($5 million a season), LA will be committed roughly $91 million in salaries.

If the team decides that retaining Lamar Odom is the right move and he is willing to sign for a starting salary of $7 million a season, the Lakers would be on hook for about $105 million. That's $5 million over the rumored budget as is - the Lakers would be reluctant at that point to spend their Mid-Level Exception (even though players like Ron Artest, Rasheed Wallace, Jason Kidd and Andre Miller may be available. Note that there are very few teams slotted to have cap room this summer).

Now picture an Odom for Shaquille O'Neal trade - that would bump LA's salary to around $133 million next season. Amar'e may be slightly cheaper, but $121 million is still more than Dr. Buss is willing to pay. Lamar Odom may have his flaws but he's a better defender at this point than both O'Neal and Stoudemire.

It might sound interesting in theory but in this economy, even the Lakers can't be expected to dole out an extra $15-30 million when they may already have the best team in the league.

Finally, LA could technically trade out Morrison should they find a taker but they can't package his salary with another Laker. Perhaps sending Morrison for an expiring contract could either make Odom more afforable or expendable. It's notable but unlikely.

picc84
02-07-2009, 09:39 PM
Phil's unhealthy obsession with Luke Walton ended up getting Radman traded. I swear sometimes I think he's dating him or something. WTF Phil. Vlad is a better ball player in almost all facets than Walton, yet he's the one who's traded. A valentine's day present for your boyfriend, eh Phil? :mad:

Eh. I'm just mad because I like Vlad as a person. He was a terrific guy and did a lot for LA in terms of charities and such, and everyone in the locker room liked him. He wouldn't be so expendable if he wasnt such a moron in terms of ball IQ. I'd still rather keep him than Luke "useless" Walton.

GiveItToBurrito
02-07-2009, 09:47 PM
What exactly was the point of this? To get Shannon Brown? Because as far as I can tell, AMMO does the same thing as Radmanovic, just not as well. Plus he's pretty skinny and immobile. I just don't get it :confusedshrug:

FashionIssues
02-07-2009, 09:47 PM
sorry to see vlad go and i wish him the best in charlotte. great shooter but it's not something the team is short on. he just wasn't able to do a whole lot of anything else for the amount he was being paid. he was turnover prone, never played any defense. i don't know what to make of morrison but i don't think it's the right time to throw someone head first into the scheme and chemistry of things. this was a good unload/receive though.

trig
02-07-2009, 09:57 PM
the last time la acquired MJ's mistake, they turned him into Gasol. Maybe Stache will be traded for Rudy Gay soon lol

I like this trade for LA. Morrison still has potential and was a pretty good scorer in college. Now all LA needs him to do is hit open shots and hustle on defense. If it didnt work, its ok since LA saves some money and he'll still be easier to trade than vlad.

Brown has the tools but just cant put it all together. he can create his own shot, good first step, strong, good wingspan. lets see if he can get some pt

Bond007
02-07-2009, 10:34 PM
From Mitch Kup...

Overall, the deal will save the Lakers more than $8 million in salary cap space over the next two seasons.

"We feel we picked up two players that could have upside," Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak said. "We pick up some flexibility down the road with a shorter commitment vs. Vlade's commitment."

KOBEtherealKing
02-07-2009, 10:35 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1727~2450~549~617&teams=13~21~21~21&te=&cash=

:confusedshrug:

Shepseskaf
02-07-2009, 10:38 PM
*cue Morrison's overrating*
Won't be the first time. After he was drafted, there were actually people on this board who swore that Morrison's career would be comparable to Allan Houston's. :eek:

eeeeeebro
02-07-2009, 10:40 PM
they was just lonely on the bench and heard that adam morrison and shannon brown has a bunch of new jokes. also i heard shannon brown is good at giving gatoraid to stars if the water boy is slacking.

1~Gibson~1
02-07-2009, 10:50 PM
How come Lakers fans think there's gonna be another trade? :confusedshrug:

Kappy
02-07-2009, 10:51 PM
FYI: (in case you were wondering as to whether they would be available tomorrow against the Cavs).

Both Morrison and Brown have to pass physicals before playing for the Lakers, and neither will be with the team on Sunday in Cleveland. Instead, both players will fly to Los Angeles to take their physicals on Sunday and are expected to practice with the Lakers on Monday.

wang4three
02-07-2009, 11:08 PM
At his best he'll look like Reggie in his final season in the NBA. Not bad still.

gts
02-07-2009, 11:12 PM
What exactly was the point of this? To get Shannon Brown? Because as far as I can tell, AMMO does the same thing as Radmanovic, just not as well. Plus he's pretty skinny and immobile. I just don't get it :confusedshrug:
strictly a salary dump.. vlad rad was sitting on the bench... this way they get two guys to sit on the bench for less, and their contracts run out sooner

catzhernandez
02-07-2009, 11:41 PM
Vernon Maxwell?

What an odd comparison, can't say I agree with it either.

Meticode
02-07-2009, 11:47 PM
This will be a nice trade for the Lakers if Morrison can live up to his potential.

exaqtion
02-08-2009, 04:33 AM
oh god!
i guess adam will be overrated soon.

:roll: fan of this guy's posts.

starface
02-08-2009, 05:07 AM
the bobcats are priceless fodder.

first they trade a lottery pick for jason richardson when they were nowhere near ready to contend, and richardson had 4 years at 11 million per left.

then joe dumars fleeces them into giving him expiring deals in exchange for nazr muhammeds contract with 4 years left and a total of 20 mill.

now they just added vladamir radmonovich and agreed to pay him for 3 more years at 6 million a pop?

honestly, teams really must love getting payback on MJ for all the times he tortured them as a player. i dont know which performance is more dominating, him as a basketball player or what other executives do to him as a GM. its unreal.

02-08-2009, 05:35 AM
I like this move alot! Vlad was obviously on Phil's sh*t list and hasnt played much at all the last month or so. When he has, hes been crap. Hes slow and cant defend well and when hes not hitting a 3, hes of no use to anyone.

I think saying Morrison and Brown wont do much for us is quite ridiculous. First of all, we dont need them to be all stars, just role players. Second, these guys should play with MUCH more motivation on a 40-9 team poised to win a championship than a 19-30 team that has been going nowhere for years. I also like that it frees up some cap space. Win/win if you ask me.

Tainted Sword
02-08-2009, 05:37 AM
No more Space Cadet? Boooooo!

I really admired his game, and that elegant posture he always had on the bench.

lilmarcgasol
02-08-2009, 06:35 AM
Ok Adam as a player on the court I think he is rubbish and garbage, but as a player off the court I really think he has a championship mentality, something Radmonovic didn't, Morrison could be like our Mark Madsen, goofy white guy who cares so much about winning but sucks on the court, but occassionally does something good and the crowd goes crazy, I just home Phil gets him to shave his head and stache, Sasha is embarrassment enough for us, two guys like that is shameful. Shannon Brown is good I just hope Morrison doesn't see much minutes outside of garbage time but his attitude could be good to have in the locker room and off the bench, that's the kind of guys we need

LakersLaLaLand
02-08-2009, 07:06 AM
Don't sleep on Shannon Brown. Think Maurice Evans with more coordination and build. Instant energy.

Morrison Wiki

Adam John Morrison (born July 19, 1984, in Glendive, Montana) is an American professional basketball player with the Los Angeles Lakers of the National Basketball Association.

Morrison played for three years at Gonzaga University and was considered to be one of the top college basketball players in 2005

kwajo
02-08-2009, 10:07 AM
Can't wait to see Morrison and Kobe crying together when they lose a playoff round.

Bond007
02-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Can't wait to see Morrison and Kobe crying together when they lose a playoff round.

corny...:rolleyes:

onewickedlady
02-08-2009, 10:23 AM
This will be a nice trade for the Lakers if Morrison can live up to his potential.

If we thought that he could live up to his potential then we probably wouldn't have traded him because we need good backups for Gerald Wallace at the wing. Ammo could have/should have/would have filled that spot if he'd been able to overcome his paralysis on the court. If he couldn't flourish on our team and in our market then what will happen to him in Los Angeles? He'll be overwhelmed and run over. I left L.A. for North Carolina and he's leaving North Carolina for L.A. Sorry folks but I worry for him.

GiveItToBurrito
02-08-2009, 11:00 AM
strictly a salary dump.. vlad rad was sitting on the bench... this way they get two guys to sit on the bench for less, and their contracts run out sooner

Yeah, you're most likely right. It's crazy to think of a championship caliber team dumping salaries, though. I mean, it's not like they got rid of Odom or something, but it's still weird to think that they would make a move that wouldn't make them better.

LA_Showtime
02-08-2009, 12:20 PM
I like this move alot! Vlad was obviously on Phil's sh*t list and hasnt played much at all the last month or so. When he has, hes been crap. Hes slow and cant defend well and when hes not hitting a 3, hes of no use to anyone.

I think saying Morrison and Brown wont do much for us is quite ridiculous. First of all, we dont need them to be all stars, just role players. Second, these guys should play with MUCH more motivation on a 40-9 team poised to win a championship than a 19-30 team that has been going nowhere for years. I also like that it frees up some cap space. Win/win if you ask me.

Vlady hasn't played that poorly this season. He's still guaranteed to give you 1-2 WTF moments but he had improved defensively this season (at least from last season) and his shot was falling when he was getting consistent minutes. Luke Walton just fits the Lakers better.

I think the triangle offense limited what Vlady could do and that he would've produced more on a different team. We'll see.

blazerjimmy
02-08-2009, 01:35 PM
Someone mentioned Morrison's hair and Sashas earlier - Morrison shaved the long hair earlier this year - still has the stache, but much more presentable.

Someone else, referring to how the Lakers should have cancelled Radmonovich's contract after the snow boarding incident asked about Jason William's contract situation with the Bulls following his motorcycle incident - fortunately for JWill, the Bulls organization recognized that his injuries were most likely career-ending and they paid him his full rookie contract.

Eric Cartman
02-18-2015, 04:21 AM

Wayyyyyyyyyy off :oldlol:

dgaras
02-18-2015, 04:38 AM
Wayyyyyyyyyy off :oldlol:

he said he wont be surprised. do you even read ****face?

Eric Cartman
02-18-2015, 05:17 AM
he said he wont be surprised. do you even read ****face?

Is the foul language necessary to get your point across?

L.A. Jazz
02-18-2015, 06:20 AM
Lakers won 2 rings with Brown playing well as backup guard. Radmanovic was never that good. Morrison was a risk and didnt work out. ok trade for the Lakers.

Eric Cartman
02-18-2015, 06:54 AM
Morrison was a risk and didnt work out.

He gave us great moments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGsDnCevjs0&hd=1&ab_channel=igicles3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pMcXSixdVQ&ab_channel=HighRPMTV&hd=1

triangleoffense
02-18-2015, 07:11 AM
LOL

QuebecBaller
02-18-2015, 08:25 AM
Lakers won 2 championship with Morrison on the team. Since he left, the Lakers haven't done anything