PDA

View Full Version : Trade: Rafer Alston to Magic, Kyle Lowry to Rockets, more

fos
02-19-2009, 04:08 PM
Houston Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey announced today that the team has acquired guard Kyle Lowry from Memphis and forward Brian Cook from Orlando as part of a three-team trade. The deal has the Rockets sending Rafer Alston to the Magic, while the Grizzlies receive a first-round draft selection from Orlando in the 2009 NBA Draft along with center Adonal Foyle and guard Mike Wilks (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/../blog/?p=3539). “First, I would like to thank Rafer for his commitment to the team over the past four seasons,” said Morey. “Kyle is an underrated player who will help us now and we can build around in the future. He is a very good rebounder and defender who can attack the basket in the half court and transition, finish, and make the kick out pass to shooters. Brian is a proven veteran who will provide us with solid perimeter shooting and additional depth.” InsideHoops.com (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/../blog/?p=3539)

oh the horror
02-19-2009, 04:09 PM
Hmmm, am I crazy, or is Houston giving up Rafer a bad move?

GOBB
02-19-2009, 04:09 PM
1. Brian Cook is still in the NBA?
2. Why is Houston doing this? Financial reasons? Unsure if Kyle is a cap expirer.

artest 93
02-19-2009, 04:10 PM
Whatever, whatever, I do whatever I want.

crounsa810
02-19-2009, 04:10 PM
Boorrrinnggg

Kobe Jnr
02-19-2009, 04:11 PM
whats the news for jameer??? Is he out for the year??

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
02-19-2009, 04:12 PM
I've heard many Rockets fans say they don't like Rafer. Haven't watched to much of Lowry but I know Brian Cook is bum sauce

artest 93
02-19-2009, 04:13 PM
How do you know if Rafer played?

Look at the boxscore without looking at the names and...go down the list until you see something like...FG: 1-13, 2-10, 1-7, 2-9

Aaron Brooks deserve to start over him but this deal didn't help the Rockets

oh the horror
02-19-2009, 04:14 PM

Right? I thought he vanished into a black hole, years ago.

brantonli
02-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Uh.................can't really decide on this deal. It may be surprising to people, but I say this deal would make or break the Rockets for the playoffs. Why? Alston has been key in the past few victories, and in fact he's been a nice assest to the Rocs all season. If Lowry and Brooks fail to match that, then the Rockets would have effectively nobody at the point, which is why I think this will make or break the Rockets.

artificial
02-19-2009, 04:15 PM
Is it just me, or this deal helps no one but Orlando?

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
02-19-2009, 04:18 PM
That 1st round draft pick is going to be a late pick. After what I saw last night, Orlando needs help at the PG position

SCREWstonRockets
02-19-2009, 04:19 PM
2. Why is Houston doing this? Financial reasons? Unsure if Kyle is a cap expirer.

I have no idea why this trade was made. I don't think Brooks is ready for full time PG duties. I'm hoping there is another deal in the works. WEAK, if you ask me. Alston is no all-star but he runs the team better than Brooks.

ilovesiumais
02-19-2009, 04:22 PM
Rockets :hammerhead:

Magics :rockon:

Memphis :ohwell:

ilovesiumais
02-19-2009, 04:23 PM
No one runs the team better on the floor then Skip... Brooks is a scoring point guard. Lowry is :confusedshrug: Please do not let Luther handle the rock, that's a turnover waiting to happen :rant

ZHAKIDD532
02-19-2009, 04:31 PM
No one runs the team better on the floor then Skip... Brooks is a scoring point guard. Lowry is :confusedshrug: Please do not let Luther handle the rock, that's a turnover waiting to happen :rant
Yeah Kidd and Nash can't run a team like Alston.......

ProfessorMurder
02-19-2009, 04:32 PM
Alston has been on a tear the last few games compared to earlier in the season. The Magic really need a guy playing point, to pose a scoring threat so that opens up Dwight.

It's a great deal for the Magic.

I'm assuming Jameer is out for the season, or at least until June-ish. I haven't heard much news about him lately.

rezznor
02-19-2009, 04:42 PM
im sure morey knows what hes doing, he has done a great job so far...but going by what we know so far, i dont understand this trade at all. what does this do to help houston?

ClutchCityReturns
02-19-2009, 04:43 PM
Yeah Kidd and Nash can't run a team like Alston.......

He said "the" team, not "their" team.

:hammerhead:

ElPigto
02-19-2009, 04:43 PM
Finally time to move on from Rafer. I know it is not a popular move among Rockets fans but it is time we go in a different direction. We go everything we could from Rafer. This should be fun.

RainierBeachPoet
02-19-2009, 04:46 PM
How do you know if Rafer played?

Look at the boxscore without looking at the names and...go down the list until you see something like...FG: 1-13, 2-10, 1-7, 2-9

Aaron Brooks deserve to start over him but this deal didn't help the Rockets

i think it will be a good deal for the rockets. brooks is clearly a more solid pg and more consistent

it is addition by subtraction for the rockets

RainierBeachPoet
02-19-2009, 04:47 PM
Finally time to move on from Rafer. I know it is not a popular move among Rockets fans but it is time we go in a different direction. We go everything we could from Rafer. This should be fun.

its made me MORE of a rockets fan now

i am jumping on the bandwagon!

SCY
02-19-2009, 04:47 PM
Horrible deal, doesn't even save money. Lowry's a bench player who can't hit 3's. Just atrocious unless there's something better to follow. Either way I'd rather have Orlando's pick than Lowry.

ElPigto
02-19-2009, 04:49 PM
Horrible deal, doesn't even save money. Lowry's a bench player who can't hit 3's. Just atrocious unless there's something better to follow. If there is though I'd rather have Orlando's pick than Lowry.

I believe Rockets are putting faith on Aaron Brooks. This is very exciting.

Jordandunk23
02-19-2009, 04:54 PM

If they utilize adelman's offense to it's full potential, houston would not necessarily need an outstanding point guard... move the ball around and take smart shots...

i believe in brooks and i am a fan but his ability as a floor general is questionable... its not all about apg... alston hoverd around 5apg struggled shooting but even with the headaches, he was a pretty good floor general for houston (struggles in the playoffs)...

this is alot of responsibility for young aaron brooks. if we had a healthy t-mac i would not be worried about it but basically we are looking in the playoffs where our point guard tandem is brooks and lowery... that VERY questionable...

i do trust our organization though...

MarloStanfield
02-19-2009, 04:55 PM
Kyle Lowry is a better point guard than Rafer Alston IMO.

Lowry is a pass first point guard, plays good defense, doesn't need to score in order to be effective. He's very underrated just didn't get consistent minutes in Memphis but when he did he played very well.

SCREWstonRockets
02-19-2009, 04:56 PM

Yeah somewhat, but Brooks hasn't really been playing great lately.

ElPigto
02-19-2009, 05:00 PM
If they utilize adelman's offense to it's full potential, houston would not necessarily need an outstanding point guard... move the ball around and take smart shots...

i believe in brooks and i am a fan but his ability as a floor general is questionable... its not all about apg... alston hoverd around 5apg struggled shooting but even with the headaches, he was a pretty good floor general for houston (struggles in the playoffs)...

this is alot of responsibility for young aaron brooks. if we had a healthy t-mac i would not be worried about it but basically we are looking in the playoffs where our point guard tandem is brooks and lowery... that VERY questionable...

i do trust our organization though...

Rockets fans have been begging for a Rafer-less team for years. Well now they got their wish. I distinctly remember everyone saying they'd trade him for a bag of peanuts, yada, yada, yada. Well now most wish has come true and they are angry?!?!

These are the types of moves we need to take sometimes. I think they are ready to give the team to Brooks and see something in Lowry that we don't. Alston is a great floor general and all these other things, but his shooting has always hurt this team. Finally Brooks moves into the starting line up (where he has played well, although small sample).

I'm excited. I'm excited to see what happens with this team. Should be fun. I didn't have any hopes for this season after what went down in January so I'm happy for this trade. A good young one to come and fill in for backup. I trust Morey. He has made good trades and spotted good young talent in the past, and I will trust him once again.

:cheers:

Maniak
02-19-2009, 05:05 PM
How exciting. No seriously, this trade amazes me...

wTFaMonkey
02-19-2009, 05:07 PM
YES

skip skip skip on out of here!!

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: morey

Aaron Brooks is the FUTURE!:hammertime:

Mathius
02-19-2009, 05:12 PM
Is it just me, or this deal helps no one but Orlando?

Eh. I don't think Alston's contract was good, and he still has like 4 years on it, right?

Mathius

Huey Freeman
02-19-2009, 05:16 PM
Eh. I don't think Alston's contract was good, and he still has like 4 years on it, right?

Mathius
Says 2 years on ESPN.

lolwut
02-19-2009, 05:26 PM
Overall I'm not too big on this move, but it does accomplish 2 things...

Cap space, and Aaron Brooks will get more minutes...I think the organization sees Brooks as the PG of the future here.

wang4three
02-19-2009, 05:28 PM
Kyle Lowry is the man. Steal for the Rockets.

catzhernandez
02-19-2009, 05:32 PM
I have no idea why this trade was made. I don't think Brooks is ready for full time PG duties. I'm hoping there is another deal in the works. WEAK, if you ask me. Alston is no all-star but he runs the team better than Brooks.
Another deal?

When? This summer?

NOHCP3
02-19-2009, 05:38 PM
Personally I dont like Skip but this will help Orlando. Anthony Johnson tries but he wasnt going to cut it. You had to do something. They gave up nothing in this trade.

Luigi
02-19-2009, 05:40 PM
Rafer will help Orlando stay in contention. He isn't the shooter that Nelson is, but he is better than the alternative.

Boston and Cleveland are both hoping it will be the other team that has to knock out Orlando in the playoffs.

Rockets(T-mac)
02-19-2009, 05:40 PM
This better not happen, why would we let go of the guy that sets up our offense?

Maniak
02-19-2009, 05:41 PM
This better not happen, why would we let go of the guy that sets up our offense?

To get a new guy to set up your offense.

vinny_rex
This trade is probably better for the Magic than Rockets, maybe the Rockets have thrown in the towel on the season or maybe they know something we don't about Brooks or Lowry.

Luigi
Bad omen for Rockets fans. With McGrady hanging up his shoes this season (maybe), are they starting to dismantle?

wang4three
02-19-2009, 05:46 PM
This trade is probably better for the Magic than Rockets, maybe the Rockets have thrown in the towel on the season or maybe they know something we don't about Brooks or Lowry.

Kyle Lowry is very good. Escape my homerism for Luther Head for second and I'll be real. Kyle Lowry is anti-Rafer. He doesn't have a great shot, but he's fantastic at penetrating and he's incredibly tough. I've seen him get slapped and mauled by big men trying to discourage him from driving but he'll go right back at it. He's a penetrate and dish guy more than a fancy pass player. He plays tough nose defense and he goes after offensive boards like a mad man. I've never seen him take a night off and he seems to be very efficient. I'd take him on my team any day of the week.

Rockets(T-mac)
02-19-2009, 05:59 PM
To get a new guy to set up your offense.
Alston was doing it well though. I don't really see a reason for the Rockets to do this.

wTFaMonkey
02-19-2009, 06:02 PM
Alston was doing it well though. I don't really see a reason for the Rockets to do this.
tell me.. you actually like SKIP?????

as Rockets fans. we have 2 guys we desperately want out of the team

rafer and head.

I mean skip has his moments but I would rather give brooks more minutes.

berraco
02-19-2009, 06:39 PM
Kyle Lowry is very good. Escape my homerism for Luther Head for second and I'll be real. Kyle Lowry is anti-Rafer. He doesn't have a great shot, but he's fantastic at penetrating and he's incredibly tough. I've seen him get slapped and mauled by big men trying to discourage him from driving but he'll go right back at it. He's a penetrate and dish guy more than a fancy pass player. He plays tough nose defense and he goes after offensive boards like a mad man. I've never seen him take a night off and he seems to be very efficient. I'd take him on my team any day of the week.
The bulldog will be a good fit in the Rockets, IMO. He had bad luck in his first season and after the injury he didn't get consistent minutes. But when he played, he did really well.

k-vil
02-19-2009, 06:44 PM
Magic now has 3 PGs (actually 4)
Skip to my LOU and Tyrone LUE are teammates... :rockon:
I wonder if they are somehow related?

ronnymac
02-19-2009, 06:47 PM
Brooks can more then help us as a starter. anytime brooks has seen more minutes then rafer, we've either played better or won. also in adelmans system you dont need a playmaker. you need consistent shooters. good players off the ball. thats what brooks is. i'm glad this is finally brooks team from here on.

This also frees up for wafer, brent barry and even luther head. i can see wafer getting half or atleast 1/4 of rafers minutes now. that should make him a 25 minutes a game player. thats fine by me.

ronnymac
02-19-2009, 06:52 PM
Another thing is Rafer had his best season under Stan van gundy in miami. so gundy knows how to use him. thanks for everything rafer and best wishes in orlando to you and you're family.

Rockets(T-mac)
02-19-2009, 07:36 PM
I don't know I just don't like Brooks setting the offense, he doesn't run it as well as Alston. I don't know I guess I'll just have to see how this goes.

JayGuevara
02-19-2009, 07:44 PM
How many of you have actually seen Lowry? He's actually a pretty good PG when given the minutes. His shot isn't great, but he's a capable and willing passer and works hard on the boards and plays defense.

He could possibly be the welfare Jason Kidd.

When I saw this proposal, I thought the Rockets got a pretty good deal, and you got people here sayin they're gettin shafted. I don't understand the trade from the Grizzlies perspective, but based upon their recent history, I'm not gonna try to understand it.

Mississippi
02-19-2009, 07:46 PM
How many of you have actually seen Lowry? He's actually a pretty good PG when given the minutes. His shot isn't great, but he's a capable and willing passer and works hard on the boards and plays defense.

He could possibly be the welfare Jason Kidd.

When I saw this proposal, I thought the Rockets got a pretty good deal, and you got people here sayin they're gettin shafted. I don't understand the trade from the Grizzlies perspective, but based upon their recent history, I'm not gonna try to understand it.
Well Kyle has been struggling in Hollins system and Jaric has won the backup point guard role so we traded him for a pick and we get more cap space to sign a big name player either this off-season or the next.

TMac&Luther
02-19-2009, 07:47 PM
tell me.. you actually like SKIP?????

as Rockets fans. we have 2 guys we desperately want out of the team

rafer and head.

I mean skip has his moments but I would rather give brooks more minutes.

I liked Rafer and feel he was highly undervalued by fans in Houston. I just didn't like it when Rafer shot the ball, but the guy runs a very clean and crisp offense......something that Brooks has hasn't shown he's capable of yet.

Rafer Alston is a good solid PG, who runs a good offense, and he takes care of the ball.

wTFaMonkey
02-19-2009, 07:53 PM
I liked Rafer and feel he was highly undervalued by fans in Houston. I just didn't like it when Rafer shot the ball, but the guy runs a very clean and crisp offense......something that Brooks has hasn't shown he's capable of yet.

Rafer Alston is a good solid PG, who runs a good offense, and he takes care of the ball.

thats true.

But the Rockets dont need a playmaking pf per se. What we need is someone like brooks. a offensive threat. Rafer doesnt offer the offensive skills brooks has which is finishing and jump shooting.

sure we lose out on playmaking and handling. but we gain much more in the scoring department.

Jordandunk23
02-19-2009, 07:56 PM
well from what i heard in NBA.com a coverage on the houston trade, it seems houston is really looking at brooks to be that point guard. from what im hearing, it seems they trust brooks and they are looking for him to be that point guard for the future... i know a lot of houston fans knew about this or that at the least this guy was talented, but from the trade, houston has basically sent the message that Aaron Brooks is our guy and i must agree, it is going to be interesting to watch....

JayGuevara
02-19-2009, 07:56 PM
Well Kyle has been struggling in Hollins system and Jaric has won the backup point guard role so we traded him for a pick and we get more cap space to sign a big name player either this off-season or the next.

:confusedshrug: I still think he's more valuable than a late first round pick, but maybe I'm wrong. I haven't seen a lot from him lately, but I swear it looked like he was capable of those Jason Kidd triple doubles, just nowhere near as consistently obviously.

A.M.G.
02-19-2009, 08:41 PM
Memphis gets a 1st round pick for a player that they weren't using.

Houston commits to Brooks, gets a solid backup in Lowry, plus a slow-footed scrubby jump-shooting big man as a bonus.

Orlando gets a starting calibre PG, albiet inferior to Jameer, to ensure that they will still make it out of the first round and have a chance to get to the ECF. And all they give up is a pretty non-valuable pick.

Did this actually happen though?

L.Kizzle
02-19-2009, 08:49 PM
Oh, I don't know about this deal. I have hated on Rafer in the past, but he wasn't as bad as others make it seem.

We'll see ...

oh the horror
02-19-2009, 09:16 PM
Yo what i saw on tnt right now was that Houston ONLY got BRIAN COOK.

The other dudes went to Memphis, with Rafer going to Orlando.

Is this the way it went down?

MiseryCityTexas
02-19-2009, 09:18 PM
Rockets fans have been begging for a Rafer-less team for years. Well now they got their wish. I distinctly remember everyone saying they'd trade him for a bag of peanuts, yada, yada, yada. Well now most wish has come true and they are angry?!?!

These are the types of moves we need to take sometimes. I think they are ready to give the team to Brooks and see something in Lowry that we don't. Alston is a great floor general and all these other things, but his shooting has always hurt this team. Finally Brooks moves into the starting line up (where he has played well, although small sample).

I'm excited. I'm excited to see what happens with this team. Should be fun. I didn't have any hopes for this season after what went down in January so I'm happy for this trade. A good young one to come and fill in for backup. I trust Morey. He has made good trades and spotted good young talent in the past, and I will trust him once again.
:cheers:

yeah good young talent like gerald green. :oldlol:

Sriracha
02-19-2009, 09:25 PM
I'm sorry Rockets fan but Brian Cook is crap. The Magic gave up Ariza for this piece of ****, now he is traded for Alston?? WTF.

MiseryCityTexas
02-19-2009, 09:29 PM
hell yeah. rockets might as well waive brian cook. brian cook thinks hes the black dirk nowitski, but instead throws up brickhouses, and air balls left and right.

ElPigto
02-19-2009, 09:41 PM
yeah good young talent like gerald green. :oldlol:

I don't know if you are trying to make fun of my statement or something but just in case my sarcasm detection device is broken:

Morey Drafting:

-Landry
-Brooks

Attaining young talent:

-Wafer

I feel that's pretty good considering he's only been the GM for like 2 years.

mswank
02-19-2009, 09:43 PM
i trust that morey ran this trade through the supercomputers at nasa 98908098098 times and figured out that it was worth it to get rid of skip for these guys. i trust morey.

Huey Freeman
02-19-2009, 09:43 PM
hell yeah. rockets might as well waive brian cook. brian cook thinks hes the black dirk nowitski, but instead throws up brickhouses, and air balls left and right.
We'll gladly take him back once you do.

jason816
02-19-2009, 09:47 PM
never watched this Kyle Lowry played...
but he lead the Grizzlies in freethrow attepmted last season?
well, that tells me something about this player... he's willing to drive in and take the beating. that's a good thing. better than Skip doing that floater

lildurant
02-19-2009, 09:49 PM
:lol at houston

Sriracha
02-19-2009, 10:26 PM
The Magic will not take him back if Houston waive him. You have seen him played...he's a momentum killer when he enter the game. He will brick a 3 and follow it up with a drive to the basket that result in a turnover. He's crap to the highest level. Brian Cook please sign with the Laker once you are waived.

Dash
02-19-2009, 11:05 PM
Wow...Orlando just saved their season.

The way things were going without Nelson I really didn't think they had much of a shot in the East...this changes everything and they gave up peanuts for Rafer.

Great move.

Mississippi
02-19-2009, 11:08 PM
Lowry could put up Rajon Rondo type numbers in the right situation. He's a gritty defender.

TMacYao
02-19-2009, 11:48 PM
Lowry is a steal. If you liked Rafer, Rockets fans, you are going to love this guy.

Morey has an eye for young talent. Lowry is no exception.

MiseryCityTexas
02-20-2009, 12:42 AM
The Magic will not take him back if Houston waive him. You have seen him played...he's a momentum killer when he enter the game. He will brick a 3 and follow it up with a drive to the basket that result in a turnover. He's crap to the highest level. Brian Cook please sign with the Laker once you are waived.

i dont think hes gonna get waived. the rockets are just gonna make cook their 13th, 14th, and 15th man off the bench sitting next to joey dorsey for the rest of the season. :roll:

steve franchise
02-20-2009, 12:52 AM
I like lowry, but idk about brian cook, did he even get playing time in orlando??

catzhernandez
02-20-2009, 01:17 AM
We'll gladly take him back once you do.
Gladly? :wtf:

TMac&Luther
02-20-2009, 01:17 AM
I like lowry, but idk about brian cook, did he even get playing time in orlando??

Brian Cook is irrelevant....He's nothing, but a filler in this trade. Just pretend he doesn't exsist, because when he gets here he pratically won't.

diegot143
02-20-2009, 01:19 AM
All the ROcken fan Rafer haters in here are idiots, just idiots. Rafer might look like a goof sometimes, but under that goof appearance and the cocky way he plays, is a true competitor that will jam it down your throat if he has to to win. IMO this is a move to get someone that penetrates and kicks out too shooters, and it was done bc of Mcgradies dumb ass. The best player in this trade is now in orlando :banghead:

Agent_Zero
02-20-2009, 01:36 AM
Good move for Orlando, Rafer can run, hit the three and is a decent point guard. He'll do fine until Nelson returns then he can be very helpful coming off the bench in the playoffs.

ronnymac
02-20-2009, 02:58 AM
All the ROcken fan Rafer haters in here are idiots, just idiots. Rafer might look like a goof sometimes, but under that goof appearance and the cocky way he plays, is a true competitor that will jam it down your throat if he has to to win. IMO this is a move to get someone that penetrates and kicks out too shooters, and it was done bc of Mcgradies dumb ass. The best player in this trade is now in orlando :banghead:
*** off idiot. everything is mcgradys fault isnt it. the war in iraq is mcgradys fault. the fiscal meltdown is tacs fault. everything is tmacs fault. dumbass.

rockyteer
02-20-2009, 03:51 AM
I hope this trade works out for the Rockets

LutherHeadJob
02-20-2009, 04:40 AM
I Like Lowly, he is a good defender and drives, you don't need to be a good 3 point shooter to play with Yao.

Same with Parker and Ducan in the old days, When timmy passes, Manu shoots 3s, Bowen shoots 3s, Parker steps in and shoots 2/penetrates.

Cavs2007Champs
02-20-2009, 07:55 AM
I'm an a hue Oregon Ducks fan, so i followed Brooks during that epic March Madness run, to where they were the only team to actually give Florida fits, as they played them to the last minute. If Oregon wasn't getting a couple of those BS fouls called on them, they may have been able to pull off a huge upset. But Oregon was just under sized. Brooks was the biggest catalyst to Oregon's season and why they excelled the way they did, but Hairston, Taylor, Leunen, and a freshman Porter were all instrumental in their run. Brooks played out of his mind nearly every game he stepped onto the court. He was explosive, could handle the rock, could penetrate, and hit from anywhere on the court.

Onto the topic, I haven't been able to watch Brooks in the NBA, so I don't know how he has adjusted, but from the sounds of a few Rockets Fans he's adjusting well, and especially since Houston is ready to hand him the keys to the PG starting position.

I think Brooks has the confidence to run an NBA team, so here is to hoping that he excells in the NBA and helps Houston out of the 1st round.

Solid trade all around, why should Memphis hold onto Lowry since they haven't done anything with him since they drafted him, let's not overrate him and claim he's worth a stud or a lottery pick. I thought he was drafted in the latter half of the 1st anyways, so why should he be considered any higher now?

Magic got a better PG than Tyrone Lue, and Houston hopefully gets better by subtraction and allowing Brooks to take over the team.

Huey Freeman
02-20-2009, 10:25 AM
Gladly? :wtf:
When we got in a shooting slump he and Redick would go out there and knock down a few three's to get things back.

ElPigto
02-20-2009, 10:31 AM

Heh, so we are haters for being happy about this move?

Right. You must be Rafer, aren't you?

wTFaMonkey
02-20-2009, 10:38 AM
Heh, so we are haters for being happy about this move?

Right. You must be Rafer, aren't you?

I just forgot...

Some where out there, Rafer is reading this thread.

:violin: :violin:

gutshot
02-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Never seen any Magic fan who hates this trade lol - it's a steal!

ElPigto
02-20-2009, 11:02 AM
Never seen any Magic fan who hates this trade lol - it's a steal!

Magic fans should be happy. Although I was never the biggest Alston fan, he got the job done. He was tough, he is not very mistake prone, and he can show up in the clutch.

The problem that you all will eventually see (and get frustrated by) is his inconsistency. Thankfully, this is just a short term solution for you all since Jameer is your starting pg when he comes back. For Rockets fans, he was our long term solution which tended to piss many of us off.

The one thing you will like about Alston (and I will miss) is his ability to run the offense the way it is suppose to be ran.

U got Served
02-20-2009, 11:29 AM
Now why did Houston do this trade? It doesnt help the Rockets at all. Brooks is a sophmore and I dont think he's ready to "officially" be the starting PG. Bad move for Houston.

Mathius.

wang4three
02-20-2009, 11:41 AM
Having Aaron Brooks run this team would be aweful in my opinion. Guy is a solid bench player. He reminds me of Troy Hudson.

MJ(Mean John)
02-20-2009, 12:48 PM
Nice move for Orlando..

Skip to my LOU...

Bad deal for The rockets.

Brian cook??? WOW...lol

but lowry is pretty good

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
02-20-2009, 12:58 PM
With the way Conley is play it's a good move by Memphis. They have an extra 1st round pick now. Rockets get Lowry who wasn't playing that good under the new coach and they also get TRASH in Brian Cook. The Magic have Rafer running the team now which is a huge upgrade from Anthony Johnson/Ty Lue

lolwut
02-20-2009, 04:31 PM
Lowry has made more free throws than Alston has attempted

in 500 less minutes!

Jordandunk23
02-20-2009, 05:19 PM
Lowry has made more free throws than Alston has attempted

in 500 less minutes!

did not know that! good post... i like what im reading...

AznTacoLover
02-20-2009, 10:09 PM
eh trade doesn't help rockets. but helps magic..

ElPigto
02-20-2009, 10:19 PM
eh trade doesn't help rockets. but helps magic..

Hah, in the long run people are going to think this trade was a steal for the Rockets. You can quote me on that.

SCY
02-21-2009, 01:34 AM
I've come around a bit on the trade, we had to make the move to Brooks at some point. But I'm still convinced this makes us worse in the short term, and I really, really want this team to f'ing get out the 1st round already. As good as Brooks played on offense, both he and Lowry got roasted by Barea. He was red hot, but Rafer wouldn't have given up 26. We also saw how TO-happy the team's going to be.

OT: Anyone know when Landry's going to be back?

lolwut
02-21-2009, 01:39 AM
I've come around a bit on the trade, we had to make the move to Brooks at some point. But I'm still convinced this makes us worse in the short term, and I really, really want this team to f'ing get out the 1st round already. As good as Brooks played on offense, both he and Lowry got roasted by Barea. He was red hot, but Rafer wouldn't have given up 26. We also saw how TO-happy the team's going to be.

OT: Anyone know when Landry's going to be back?

They called a horrible offensive foul on Lowry when he made a great play toward the top of the key. Remember that?

SCY
02-21-2009, 01:43 AM
They called a horrible offensive foul on Lowry when he made a great play toward the top of the key. Remember that?

Yes. I was pretty impressed with his aggressiveness taking it to the basket, not so much his forced passes. He looks like he can be a good backup though.

lolwut
02-21-2009, 01:58 AM
Yes. I was pretty impressed with his aggressiveness taking it to the basket, not so much his forced passes. He looks like he can be a good backup though.

I'd say Lowry is quite a bit better around the rim than Alston and Brooks.

wTFaMonkey
02-21-2009, 02:08 AM
is it me or is lowrys game similar to bobby jackson?

smush=mvp!
02-21-2009, 05:00 AM
dont think its a smart move by rockers

MiseryCityTexas
02-21-2009, 11:20 AM
rockets love trading away valuable pieces of our team for lesser value just like last year when morey traded bonzi wells, and all we got was old ass bobby jackson in return. at least we got some youth, and another player that can drive to the basket, and draw fouls this time in this trade

TMac&Luther
02-21-2009, 03:57 PM
dont think its a smart move by rockers

Great move by the Rockets

TMac&Luther
02-21-2009, 04:01 PM
rockets love trading away valuable pieces of our team for lesser value just like last year when morey traded bonzi wells, and all we got was old ass bobby jackson in return. at least we got some youth, and another player that can drive to the basket, and draw fouls this time in this trade

Are you Fing serious????

Yeah all we got in return for a lazy has been chinese league washout was Ron Artest. :hammerhead:

Xsatyr
02-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Wow really, your going to bring up Bonzi as if he was doing something with the Rockets?

stardvd555
04-24-2009, 11:21 PM
Anybody interested in TV shows (http://www.mycollects.com) may have a look at MYCOLLECTS (http://www.mycollects.com).It says the promotion for 100,000 purchases is on the way.some of theDVDs (http://www.mycollects.com) are 20% off,Come on!Check it out right now!
Star-Trek-Complete-Series-DVDS (http://www.mycollects.com/products/Star-Trek-Complete-Series-DVDS-1463.html)
Navy NCIS: Seasons 1- (http://www.mycollects.com/products/Navy-NCIS-Naval-Criminal-Investigative-Service-Season-1-5-DVD-Boxset-DVDS-1508.html).
24-Hours-Seasons-1-6-DVD-Boxset-DVDS (http://www.mycollects.com/products/24-Hours-Seasons-1-6-DVD-Boxset-DVDS-1262.html).Walt-Disneys-100-Years-Of-Magic-DVD-Boxset-DVDS (http://www.mycollects.com/products/Walt-Disneys-100-Years-Of-Magic-DVD-Boxset-DVDS-1420.html)