PDA

View Full Version : anyone catch HBO's new Eastbound & Down series?

-primetime-
02-21-2009, 05:40 AM
****in hilarious...:oldlol:

here is the opening scene just to get a little taste of what it is about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlyvS-sbWzo

that really does the show no justice as far as how funny it is...just the intro...

I seriously couldn't stop laughing...

I have a feeling that it is going to be a hit...

and it looks as though ISH advertises this show as well...hmm

movin on up Jeff...:applause:

pete's montreux
02-21-2009, 12:22 PM
I started a thread on this the night of the premiere and no one seemed to care back then, either. I guess people don't want to laugh anymore. Mathius has really influenced everyone. :confusedshrug:

PistolPete
02-21-2009, 02:12 PM
I started a thread on this the night of the premiere and no one seemed to care back then, either. I guess people don't want to laugh anymore. Mathius has really influenced everyone. :confusedshrug:

I would watch it bro but I cannot afford the HBO. I get free cable anyway but I have seen some of the clips and they do look pretty funny. I still laugh. We are still out there....

pete's montreux
02-21-2009, 02:57 PM
No worries, there's tons of sites out there that you can watch it on, or download it from a day or two after a new one. Let me know and I'll try to find a decent one for anyone who doesn't have the Hibbo and I'll find a site for you to watch it, or download it, whichever you prefer.

PistolPete
02-21-2009, 04:16 PM
No worries, there's tons of sites out there that you can watch it on, or download it from a day or two after a new one. Let me know and I'll try to find a decent one for anyone who doesn't have the Hibbo and I'll find a site for you to watch it, or download it, whichever you prefer.

That would be sweet

JayGuevara
02-21-2009, 04:20 PM
That would be sweet

surfthechannel.com or tvshack.net will prolly have it up.

JJ81
02-21-2009, 04:22 PM
surfthechannel.com or tvshack.net will prolly have it up.

+1

kentatm
02-21-2009, 05:22 PM
i saw the first episode and though it was a bit uneven there were some parts that had me laugh out loud. It has potential.

-primetime-
02-21-2009, 05:23 PM
my HBO: Hard Knocks thread got like 3 replies...

I am getting the feeling this is just a case of not many people having HBO...

which is a shame because HBO is pure gold...

if I lost my HBO I would really feel like I am missing out on the best that television has to offer...

-primetime-
02-21-2009, 05:25 PM
i saw the first episode and though it was a bit uneven there were some parts that had me laugh out loud. It has potential.
One problem I can see is that it is only a 30 minute show...

seems like maybe HBO didn't find this to be something that warrented the normel hour long episodes that their other shows do...

still this show is = :roll:

Lamar Doom
02-22-2009, 07:31 AM
I've watched it twice, once sunday and once on demand, and i laughed out loud both times. it's just so absurd, maybe not the most original archtype, but the character is actually pretty rich. so many one liners in one episode. hilarious. definitely give it a watch.

-primetime-
02-22-2009, 07:34 AM
I've watched it twice, once sunday and once on demand, and i laughed out loud both times. it's just so absurd, maybe not the most original archtype, but the character is actually pretty rich. so many one liners in one episode. hilarious. definitely give it a watch.
:cheers:

HBO FTW...

Lamar Doom
02-22-2009, 07:37 AM

HBO FTW...

HBO finds some gems. mr. show is an all-time fave of mine, the tenacious D series was transcendent

MarloStanfield
02-22-2009, 07:39 AM
HBO finds some gems. mr. show is an all-time fave of mine, the tenacious D series was transcendent
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCimI9QUtc0&feature=related

MarloStanfield
02-22-2009, 07:41 AM
you voted against me you jewish f*ck...
f off wasp

Gundress
02-24-2009, 12:38 AM
I watch on HBO on the demand, I though it's going be alright but it was hilarious. Lot a funny scenes.. ahaha

The one at the end .. "Where the f*ck is that dude going? It's still first period" along with the music and his walk :roll: :roll:

-primetime-
02-24-2009, 12:54 AM
"Everyone wanted a piece of my shit..."

:oldlol:

LMAO at him ordering the hooker over the phone in front of his sister in law...

and making fun of his own neice/nephews that he didn't even know he had...

this show had me dieing pretty much the whole time...

PistolPete
02-24-2009, 01:08 AM
I heard on the radio today that Will Ferrell actually ruins the show a bit. Do ya'll think so?

Gundress
02-24-2009, 01:14 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol: TOO MANY quotables in that episode .

[Girl 1] Is it true you were in jail?
[Kenny] Nah babe, rehab!
[Girl 2] Did you hurt yourself?
[Kenny] Nah I didn't hurt myself.
[Girl 2] Cause Coach Blue said after his back surgery he has to go to rehab.
[Kenny] Ohh ok. Yeah I hurt myself, I hurt my nose.

The rape joke ..:roll: :roll:

"Excuse me. I don't mean to interrupt things, but I just saw two boys raping a sixth-grader."
"Oh my God!"
"Just kidding."

kentatm
02-24-2009, 03:27 AM
I heard on the radio today that Will Ferrell actually ruins the show a bit. Do ya'll think so?

i didnt really think so. his character was rather minor and really was only there to get Kenny Powers to SLOWLY realize he needs to start moving on.

of course that included him taking E and going to kids dance. :oldlol:

-primetime-
03-20-2009, 03:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4HXaayk9xI&feature=related

man I had no idea there were only 6 episodes...

WTF is up with that???

Chamberlain
03-20-2009, 03:59 AM
I've watched the first five and they were all equally hillarious. Great show.

And yeah, I found out after the fifth that there was only 6. Kind of a piss off.

-primetime-
03-20-2009, 04:06 AM
I've watched the first five and they were all equally hillarious. Great show.

And yeah, I found out after the fifth that there was only 6. Kind of a piss off.
this scene is :oldlol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPKUhXkP7tY&feature=related

I can watch those shows multiple times and laugh every time...

they better not wait a full year for the next season...I guess this was just a small test run or something...this show should stick around for a long time...HBO has gold here...

Chamberlain
03-20-2009, 04:08 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol:

"Yeah, I hurt my nose"

Also I find the evolution of Stevie to be hilarious.

He was such a shy and dork-ish character, and even though deep down he's the same now, he acts so much more bad-ass after becoming Kenny's manager haha.

PS. Is there a confirmed second season?! I was thinking maybe it was the end of the series, which really made me even more mad.

pete's montreux
03-20-2009, 01:12 PM
It hasn't been getting good reviews anywhere, but let's HBO listens to the fans and renews it for a second FULL season before they axe it.

Sh'boom Sh'boom's!

SayTownRy
03-20-2009, 01:37 PM
my two favorite lines atm:

"I just talked to Ashley Schaffer and he was talking big bucks...I'm talking FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS! Half of that in cash, the rest in coupons to local businesses."

"Honey. I love you, I really do. But you got clothes like a dickhead."

JayGuevara
03-20-2009, 01:54 PM
I lost it when he was explaining his moral decision at the cookout.

And when Will Ferrell says the dick slapping game is his thing. :oldlol:

pete's montreux
03-20-2009, 02:26 PM
One of these half hour episodes is more quotable then some great two hour comedies. I'm just still shocked some people aren't watching it.

HAzE024
03-20-2009, 02:46 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3417/3277195365_4193cca4a3.jpg

And by the way, Will Ferrell is the producer for the show.

Lamar Doom
03-20-2009, 10:24 PM
And by the way, Will Ferrell is the producer for the show.

will farrell is ONE of the producers and his involvement is not a major creative one, he and some of his business partners loved McBride in Foot Fist Way and asked him what else he would like to do and McBride (and his crew) brought up this old idea they had.

Lamar Doom
03-20-2009, 10:26 PM
this is one of my favorite mini-series of all time, first show in a very long time i've been excited to watch and actually make time to be home for. f*cking hilarious.

"This isn't a good time"
"I thought it was always a good time to get f*ckin RICH"

god, stevey cracks me up. the whole cast is brilliant.

-primetime-
03-20-2009, 10:31 PM
this is one of my favorite mini-series of all time, first show in a very long time i've been excited to watch and actually make time to be home for. f*cking hilarious.

"This isn't a good time"
"I thought it was always a good time to get f*ckin RICH"

god, stevey cracks me up. the whole cast is brilliant.

so many quotables it is amazing...

still one of my favorites:

"can I wear the scream mask?...while I am doing you from behind?...you know, the mask from the movie 'Scream'"...:oldlol:

Lamar Doom
03-20-2009, 10:43 PM
yeah, the first few episodes were more outright comedy, just ridiculous, the last couple have been a little darker and more poignent but still f*cking amazing. I can't wait for the DVD and i'm tempted by the merchandise on ebay

InspiredLebowski
03-20-2009, 10:48 PM
It is damn good, when I saw previews with Ferrell and McBride I was thinking more just straight up slapstick kinda comedy, nothing as sardonic as it is. I'm not really sure where it'll go but I'm a fan for as long as it lasts.

Another solid new show is Kings on NBC. Not great, but solid, but I'm probably biases because Ian McShane is such a badass.

-primetime-
03-20-2009, 11:23 PM
It is damn good, when I saw previews with Ferrell and McBride I was thinking more just straight up slapstick kinda comedy, nothing as sardonic as it is. I'm not really sure where it'll go but I'm a fan for as long as it lasts.

Another solid new show is Kings on NBC. Not great, but solid, but I'm probably biases because Ian McShane is such a badass.
make my stupid ass bust out a f*ckin dictonary...

geek...

:D

just messin with ya...

ArbitraryWater
08-30-2015, 07:23 AM
4 more eps then I'm down.. hilarious show

GIF REACTION
08-30-2015, 07:31 AM
4 more eps then I'm down.. hilarious show
Eduardo Sanchez.

fsvr54
08-30-2015, 01:29 PM
This show is godly.

They're working on a new miniseries called Vice Principles.

GIF REACTION
08-30-2015, 01:32 PM
People who don't find this funny have no sense of humor

Kenny is so oblivious to everyone in the show, it's hilarious. The alpha dog that never admits defeat.

tomtucker
08-30-2015, 02:09 PM
This show is godly.

They're working on a new miniseries called Vice Principles.
A team of vice principals call the shots at their high school.

Creators: Jody Hill, Danny McBride........:eek: :banana: :cheers:

ArbitraryWater
08-30-2015, 02:39 PM
Danny McBride is a GOD... Kenny ****in' Powers mother****ers

the mesiah
08-30-2015, 04:41 PM
http://youtu.be/imcRavEdKj0
One of the Funniest scenes for me..:rockon: :roll:

stalkerforlife
08-30-2015, 05:20 PM
One of my favorite shows ever.

Possibly the GOAT show.

ArbitraryWater
08-30-2015, 07:17 PM
http://youtu.be/imcRavEdKj0
One of the Funniest scenes for me..:rockon: :roll:

Steve Janowski :roll:

ArbitraryWater
08-30-2015, 07:24 PM
One of my favorite shows ever.

Possibly the GOAT show.

Eastbound & Down > Kobe

ArbitraryWater
08-30-2015, 07:25 PM
Outtakes

Can you feel the tension in the air right now?

I know I can, I can feel it all the way down in my plums, gettin all swollen with a light blue hue to em, fresh and juicy ready for the pickin',
All the school children are linin up to put em in their sack lunches, "hey that plum looks good can I trade it for your twinkie?" "no, these are my plums".
I wanna bite into that plum and let the juice spill down my chin.

ArbitraryWater
08-30-2015, 07:25 PM
This moment came to me in a dream, about a month ago, I was making love to my wife Donna, on top of her thrusting away.
It was a sultry, hot evening, all the windows closed, the heat turned up to about 82, so it gets sweaty and hot.
My hips thrusting down on Donna, her trying to get away... cause she does not like it... when I hear a sound... a rap at the door, my young son Gabriel walks in.
My wife says "no Gabriel leave!", I says "No, let the boy watch..... let the boy watch.... he needs to learn the way I learned from my father, the way he learned from his father".

ArbitraryWater
08-31-2015, 03:24 PM
Sports Sesh is so absurd and horrible :roll: