PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant

VCMVP1551
02-21-2009, 01:57 PM
In his last dozen of games.

32.9 ppg, 7.6 rpg, 4.0 apg, 52.3 FG%, 48.8 3P%, 87.6 FT%

The kid is already pretty much as good as T-Mac in his prime and he's on pace to have a sophomore season on par with Lebron's sophomore season. I'm amazed by how good he is. He will be a multiple scoring champion, MVP candidate, multiple all-star ect. He now seems to put up 30-35 points, 7-8 rebounds and 4-5 assists every single night. Do you know how rare players who can do that are?

Fudge
02-21-2009, 01:58 PM
Yeah...k.

DCL
02-21-2009, 02:04 PM
the recent stats might point to orlando version of tmac, but he's not explosive ever like t-mac who just guns to the rim on crossovers and on only a couple strides. anyway, durant's offense reminds me more of dirk. he's not super athletic, but he's just long and lean with tree limb arms and shoots over any guy in his face. and if you leave him open, you failed because it's money.

VCMVP1551
02-21-2009, 02:08 PM
the recent stats might point to orlando version of tmac, but he's not explosive ever like t-mac who just guns to the rim on crossovers and on only a couple strides. anyway, durant's offense reminds me more of dirk. he's not super athletic, but he's just long and lean with tree limb arms and shoots over any guy in his face. and if you leave him open, you failed because it's money.

He's not nearly as explosive or athletic as T-Mac, which is a good thing. His game is based much less on athleticism meaning he likely won't lose as much and injuries won't affect his game as much. His big advantages are his length(which he won't lose) and his skill which should only get better.

statman32
02-21-2009, 02:11 PM
Post his exact height please along with proof like pictures of him standing next to other people.

DCL
02-21-2009, 02:13 PM
He's not nearly as explosive or athletic as T-Mac, which is a good thing. His game is based much less on athleticism meaning he likely won't lose as much and injuries won't affect his game as much. His big advantages are his length(which he won't lose) and his skill which should only get better.

back when t-mac was in his prime, i thought he had both athleticim and skill at the elite level, but maybe that was an illusion considering the athleticism went away but the skills aren't carrying. t-mac might not be that athletic anymore, but he's still more athletic than, say, a larry bird, ever was, but he ain't no larry.

VCMVP1551
02-21-2009, 02:30 PM
Post his exact height please along with proof like pictures of him standing next to other people.

How's Amare's eye doing? Doesn't matter considering they still scored 140 without him. Kind of like when they replaced him with Boris Diaw in 2006 when he was injured and they still made it to the Western Conference Finals. :oldlol: My favorite was when he unleashed his "Gorilla Game" on Boston. :roll:

You know maybe if you go on a diet and get some exercise then you can have a girlfriend and this pathetic obsession with Amare will go away.

back when t-mac was in his prime, i thought he had both athleticim and skill at the elite level, but maybe that was an illusion considering the athleticism went away but the skills aren't carrying. t-mac might not be that athletic anymore, but he's still more athletic than, say, a larry bird, ever was, but he ain't no larry.

T-Mac was skilled, but his jumpshot depended a lot on elevation and he never was as good of a shooter as Durant, plus Durnat is quite a bit longer. Without the extra athleticism T-Mac's jumper has been flat, and for the most part he's been a subpar free throw shooter since leaving Orlando.

Maniak
02-21-2009, 02:31 PM
Dude, another f*cking Kevin Durant thread?

Good God ya'll, its annoying

dbugz
02-21-2009, 02:34 PM

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s158/matzhee/Westbrook-Durant-Green.jpg

Westbrook 6'3 Durant 6'9 Green 6'9

Fudge
02-21-2009, 02:35 PM
:roll:

VCMVP1551
02-21-2009, 02:40 PM

You got something to add to thread kid? Be careful though, your mom might be upset if she finds out you're on a message board.

Fudge
02-21-2009, 02:41 PM
You got something to add to thread kid? Be careful though, your mom might be upset if she finds out you're on a message board.
:confusedshrug:

Ah well, i'll give it a little laugh I guess.

:oldlol:

statman32
02-21-2009, 02:50 PM
How's Amare's eye doing? Doesn't matter considering they still scored 140 without him. Kind of like when they replaced him with Boris Diaw in 2006 when he was injured and they still made it to the Western Conference Finals. :oldlol: My favorite was when he unleashed his "Gorilla Game" on Boston. :roll:

You know maybe if you go on a diet and get some exercise then you can have a girlfriend and this pathetic obsession with Amare will go away.

Pretty pathatic. In response to a harmless joke you make fun of a guy who just had a serious eye injury. :rolleyes:

I thought u were better than that.

2LeTTeRS
02-21-2009, 02:55 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s158/matzhee/Westbrook-Durant-Green.jpg

Westbrook 6'3 Durant 6'9 Green 6'9

Pssh, Jeff Green is only 6'8 1/2 max. Isn't that right VC?

andgar923
02-21-2009, 02:59 PM
Damn!!!!

48.8% 3pt!!!!

I can't imagine how much better he'll be in his 4th season, when most players really adjust to the NBA game.

Maniak

Actually, only 6'7 3/4, as you can tell by the picture, his feet are propelled 2.8cm higher than they should be, then you do the math, and its easy!

Also, Durant is leaned .541111111111111111111111 too far to the right, showing that he is obviously 6'9 1/4

nbastatus

The kid is already pretty much as good as T-Mac in his prime and he's on pace to have a sophomore season on par with Lebron's sophomore season. I'm amazed by how good he is. He will be a multiple scoring champion, MVP candidate, multiple all-star ect. He now seems to put up 30-35 points, 7-8 rebounds and 4-5 assists every single night. Do you know how rare players who can do that are?
KD :bowdown: :bowdown:

raid09
02-21-2009, 03:07 PM

You're right. He's "almost pretty much as good as T-Mac in his prime" through 12 games, on half of the floor.

And, sorry - 26/6/2/1 isn't on par with 27/7/7/2. 5 more assists is a pretty damn significant stat. And, leading your team to a 13-42 record is not on par with leading your team to a 42-40 record.

bdreason
02-21-2009, 03:24 PM
You're right. He's "almost pretty much as good as T-Mac in his prime" through 12 games, on half of the floor.

And, sorry - 26/6/2/1 isn't on par with 27/7/7/2. 5 more assists is a pretty damn significant stat. And, leading your team to a 13-42 record is not on par with leading your team to a 42-40 record.

42-40 (8th seed) in the East isn't some miraculous achievement.

As I stated in one of the other hundred Durant threads, there is no way even LeBron James could take this Seattle Thunder team to the playoffs this year, no way. On the flip side, I could very easily see Durant taking a team like the Knicks, Bulls, Nets, or Bucks to the playoffs this year out East.

Anyway, I do believe LeBron had the better sophmore season, but let's not act like making it to the playoffs out East is the key determinant.

raid09
02-21-2009, 03:33 PM
42-40 (8th seed) in the East isn't some miraculous achievement.

As I stated in one of the other hundred Durant threads, there is no way even LeBron James could take this Seattle Thunder team to the playoffs this year, no way. On the flip side, I could very easily see Durant taking a team like the Knicks, Bulls, Nets, or Bucks to the playoffs this year out East.

Anyway, I do believe LeBron had the better sophmore season, but let's not act like making it to the playoffs out East is the key determinant.

No, but it's significantly better than 13-42, playoffs or no playoffs. I never said it's the key determinant though. Just one of many.

bdreason
02-21-2009, 03:43 PM
No, but it's significantly better than 13-42, playoffs or no playoffs. I never said it's the key determinant though. Just one of many.

Fair enough. The Thunder's record isn't really indicitive of their play this year, in my opinion. They've had a lot of heart breaking (close) losses and I think they will have a much better second half... especially if Durant stays on fire, and Westbrook continues to develop. This team really needs a legit bigman (Tyson Chandler?), because their front court is scrubilicious.

VCMVP1551
02-21-2009, 03:53 PM
Pretty pathatic. In response to a harmless joke you make fun of a guy who just had a serious eye injury. :rolleyes:

I thought u were better than that.

Well I wouldn't care about a harmless joke made by you if you hadn't insulted me several times recently.

And while I'm not happy about Amare's injury, I'm not very sympathetic either. I have some bad injuries and I don't expect sympathy and I sure as hell don't get paid 10 million dollars a year like Amare. I also sure as hell don't get to play a game for a job.

Honestly I'm kind of dissapointed Amare was injured because I'm a big Shaq fan and Amare in the lineup would give them a better chance at a championship.

Don't even talk about pathetic responses either. When Showtime said he was glad about Amare's injury you responded by saying you hoped his mother died in a car accident so you could spit in his face and laugh. You also said you wanted to rape his sister.

Now that's a gross overreaction.

You do realize that I don't look at pictures and guess to the half inch how tall they are. I guess to the closest inch for example I'll say "he looks about 6'8" not 6'10" like he's listed" if I'm using a picture as a reference. I get those exact figures from pre-draft measurements, and while I know you're being sarcastic I'll give a serious answer. Durant was measured 6'9", Green was measured 6'7 3/4" and Westbrook was measured 6'2 1/4".

First of all for that 12 game stretch he's been better than prime T-Mac. Second of all he's improved throughout the season and in the last 2 months he's averaging 30 and 8 on shooting % that are superior to T-Mac's best. I'd say it's not a stretch to say he's pretty much as good.

As for Lebron's sophomore season. Durant is averaging closer to 7 rebounds than 6 so rebounding is about even. Don't forget that Lebron's stats like Durant's also got better throughout his sophomore season. It's obvious that Durant will be at 27 ppg before the season is over and he's already around 7 rebounds per game plus his shooting % are superior. Lebron missed the playoffs in a weaker conference with a better supporting cast so team record is not a big factor. Durant is on pace to have a rookie season as good if the last 2 months are any indication.

GOBB
02-21-2009, 04:00 PM
If Durant is already as good as Tmac in his prime then so is Danny Granger. I too can take "stats" and place them next to a great player. Durant is not even half the defender Tmac in his prime was. Nor the playmaker. But yes the kid can flat out score and shoot the rock. So therefore one concludes he is as good as a prime Tmac.

But hey Durant so good he is leading this team to...

...the lottery. Now this is where you get quoted and the counter of who is on the team, what it doesnt have etc etc etc blah blah blah. Oh also since I'm struggling to counter I'll even add this. I'll take the games top players and say they too couldnt do a better job than Durant this year on the same team. Yea, thats the ticket!

Goku
02-21-2009, 04:11 PM
wtf is going on?!?!

did i wake up in a different world this morning???

Durant already as good as T-mac in his prime??? WTF?!?!?

NuggetsFan
02-21-2009, 04:15 PM
Durant's went from a "chucker" on a bad team to being better than a prime T-Mac in a year:roll:.

What I don't get is how a 12 game stretch makes him better than a prime T-Mac and how you don't take the defensive end into account as well.

statman32
02-21-2009, 04:21 PM
Well I wouldn't care about a harmless joke made by you if you hadn't insulted me several times recently.

And while I'm not happy about Amare's injury, I'm not very sympathetic either. I have some bad injuries and I don't expect sympathy and I sure as hell don't get paid 10 million dollars a year like Amare. I also sure as hell don't get to play a game for a job.

Honestly I'm kind of dissapointed Amare was injured because I'm a big Shaq fan and Amare in the lineup would give them a better chance at a championship.

Don't even talk about pathetic responses either. When Showtime said he was glad about Amare's injury you responded by saying you hoped his mother died in a car accident so you could spit in his face and laugh. You also said you wanted to rape his sister.

You still salty? Lets start with all this Amare talk. You claim I have his nuts in my mouth but every time I post you bring him up. Looks like you got the roles reversed.

We know you are a big Shaq fan. You could tell us the circumference of his **** while simutaniously sucking it. Thanks for reminding us again. :rolleyes:

In response to Showtime I was being dead serious. I hope something bad happens to someone close to him so I could laugh in his face the same way he has laughed at people on here when they post about someone dying or getting seriously injured.

I'll give a serious answer. Durant was measured 6'9", Green was measured 6'7 3/4" and Westbrook was measured 6'2 1/4".

First of all for that 12 game stretch he's been better than prime T-Mac. Second of all he's improved throughout the season and in the last 2 months he's averaging 30 and 8 on shooting % that are superior to T-Mac's best. I'd say it's not a stretch to say he's pretty much as good.

You are comparing a god damn 12 game stretch to a prime T-Macs full season and then trying to claim he is as good as prime T-mac during that stretch? If you want to compare that stretch to T-Mac in his prime go find a 12 game stretch for T-Mac. Then tell us how much he compares. :rolleyes:

VCMVP1551
02-21-2009, 04:22 PM
If Durant is already as good as Tmac in his prime then so is Danny Granger. I too can take "stats" and place them next to a great player. Durant is not even half the defender Tmac in his prime was. Nor the playmaker. But yes the kid can flat out score and shoot the rock. So therefore one concludes he is as good as a prime Tmac.

Well considering that he's now scoring 30-35 points pretty much every night and he's grabbing 7-8 rebounds every night while shooting 50/45/87%. It's not a stretch to say that he's pretty much as good as T-Mac was in his prime.

Durant's went from a "chucker" on a bad team to being better than a prime T-Mac in a year:roll:.

What I don't get is how a 12 game stretch makes him better than a prime T-Mac and how you don't take the defensive end into account as well.

No the 12 game stretch doesn't make him better, but in the 12 game stretch he's playing better than prime T-Mac.

The last 2 months where he's averaged about 30 and 8 on superior shooting % to T-Mac make him almost as good as I originally stated.

wang4three
02-21-2009, 04:23 PM
This turned out to be a pretty comical thread. Awesome.

Fudge
02-21-2009, 04:24 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

AirJordan23
02-21-2009, 04:27 PM
I could care less if the man averages 40/15/10. The Thunder need to make some noise and I don't even mean getting to the playoffs. Just get to like 30-35 wins, I'd be impressed. And its not even about the talent. I'm DAMN sure guys like Wade, LeBron, Paul would have the Thunder in a much better position. Hell, Orlando McGrady would have this team in a better position. That early 00s Magic team was filled with scrubs that were no better than the guys on this Thunder team, yet McGrady took them to the playoffs. Durant has proven to be a good efficient scorer and clutch but he isn't on prime McGrady's level.

VCMVP1551
02-21-2009, 04:28 PM
You still salty? Lets start with all this Amare talk. You claim I have his nuts in my mouth but every time I post you bring him up. Looks like you got the roles reversed.

No I rarely go into a thread where you're praising him and reply to you. I criticize Amare pretty often but it isn't usually in response to you merely praising him.

We know you are a big Shaq fan. You could tell us the circumference of his **** while simutaniously sucking it. Thanks for reminding us again. :rolleyes:

It's funny that you would be so descriptive. It sounds like you're speaking from experience.

In response to Showtime I was being dead serious. I hope something bad happens to someone close to him so I could laugh in his face the same way he has laughed at people on here when they post about someone dying or getting seriously injured.

Well I don't know what you're talking about regarding him laughing at other people's relatives dying. I just saw you say that in response to his comment about Amare.

Regardless, you'd wish harm on Showtime's mother or sister who you've never met because Showtime made that comment? So it's their fault? You're f*cking pathetic.

You are comparing a god damn 12 game stretch to a prime T-Macs full season and then trying to claim he is as good as prime T-mac during that stretch? If you want to compare that stretch to T-Mac in his prime go find a 12 game stretch for T-Mac. Then tell us how much he compares. :rolleyes:

You want me to post what he's done the last 2+ months? Once again in that stretch he's averaging something like 30/8/4 on superior shooting % to T-Mac. That's easily comparable.

GOBB
02-21-2009, 04:37 PM
Well considering that he's now scoring 30-35 points pretty much every night and he's grabbing 7-8 rebounds every night while shooting 50/45/87%. It's not a stretch to say that he's pretty much as good as T-Mac was in his prime.

1. NBA season is 82gms, you simply cant handpick a stretch of games where Durant has "turned it on" and go off that. Not for nothing but I'm almost certain there are a good number of players who have had an awesome 12gm stretch where we can say things about them during that period of time we dont now. What Durant is going now is cool, but I dont see how it automatically makes him as good as a prime player like Tmac was. A guy who hasnt even finished his 2nd season who hasnt performed like this the entire season is already as good as a prime player? Seems not only a bit off but silly to me.

2. You wanna compare thier offensive games, how explosive a prime Tmac was vs Durant? Fine. But there is more to the game than scoring and shooting. Other areas that Tmac excelled in which just makes this argument not in favor of Durant. Thru those "stats" you posted talk to me about defense. Ok you dont have too. You're at a loss for words. Hmmm, ok maybe you'll have something to say with this. Talk to me about Durants playmaking ability vs a prime Tmac. You there? Hello? Surely you're not gonna post his assist avg. Nah, you wouldnt dare.

I do not want to slam, discredit Durant at all. He's amazing and is actually doing what I expected. Afterall he had one of the top 10 best freshman seasons of all time in college. So he came out of Texas a stud. No accident. He's simply not ripe right now. He's not polished. Believe it or not dispite his stats he is still developing his game. Even scoring along with other areas. A prime Tmac was a beast. I dont think you understand what kind of talent and player a prime Tmac was. To say some kid over a dozen games has equalled him is crazy.

vinny_rex
02-21-2009, 04:46 PM
Will everyone stop licking Kevin Durant's nuts?

We know he's good and that he plays on a ****ty team. He'd have trouble guarding Chucky Atkins and he might end up being the best player ever.

Whatever!

yeaaaman
02-21-2009, 05:09 PM
I think that was very premature of you to make that comparision...extremely premature actually, as others have said, yes he is playing very well but its not like he's the only person to play well, especially over a 12 game span

Just for arguements sake, I did a quick search of the first random player that came to mind who I felt was capable of having a good stretch

these are the stats for ray allen from Jan.2 to Feb.23, 2007, this over a 22 game stretch:

30ppg, 4.3rpg, 5apg, 47%fg, 42.6%3fg, 89.9%ft

If I felt like it Im sure I could find quite a few players who put up great stats for a period of time, but that doesn't necessarily make them as good as player x in their prime. It takes a lot more than a string of good games for someone to prove themselves, this guy hasn't even finished his second year. Yes he may eventually be better than prime t-mac but he's definetly not there yet, and as everyone has stated, what about the defensive end.

VCMVP1551
02-21-2009, 05:11 PM
1. NBA season is 82gms, you simply cant handpick a stretch of games where Durant has "turned it on" and go off that. Not for nothing but I'm almost certain there are a good number of players who have had an awesome 12gm stretch where we can say things about them during that period of time we dont now. What Durant is going now is cool, but I dont see how it automatically makes him as good as a prime player like Tmac was. A guy who hasnt even finished his 2nd season who hasnt performed like this the entire season is already as good as a prime player? Seems not only a bit off but silly to me.

Fair enough, but what I mean is that Durant has improved as the season has gone on. Now seems to put 30-35 pts/7-8 boards/4-5 assists on 50% shooting every night. He's doing it consistently and he isn't showing any signs of slowing down. To me it seems like he is a 29/8 player now and I see no reason why he couldn't do it for a full season. That's why I think he's pretty much as good.

After Carlesimo was fired and Durant was switched back to his natural SF position he's been pretty much unstoppable.

Durant since he broke out with that 41 point game 34 games ago
28.7 ppg, 8.0 rpg, 3.6 apg, 1.4 spg, 0.9 bpg, 48.5 FG%, 43.1 3P%, 86.2 FT%, 20.1 FGA

T-Mac's best season
32.5 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 5.5 apg, 1.7 spg, 0.8 bpg, 45.7 FG%, 38.6 3P%, 79.3 FT%, 24.2 FGA

2. You wanna compare thier offensive games, how explosive a prime Tmac was vs Durant? Fine. But there is more to the game than scoring and shooting. Other areas that Tmac excelled in which just makes this argument not in favor of Durant. Thru those "stats" you posted talk to me about defense. Ok you dont have too. You're at a loss for words. Hmmm, ok maybe you'll have something to say with this. Talk to me about Durants playmaking ability vs a prime Tmac. You there? Hello? Surely you're not gonna post his assist avg. Nah, you wouldnt dare.

Of course T-Mac was a better playmaker and defensive player, but Durant is a far better shooter, as good of a scorer and a lot more efficient. Durant's superior shooting makes him more consistent. T-Mac in his prime would still have a lot of 8/24 nights because he was streajy. Durant rarely shoots unde r50% these days and on the season he's over 48%.

I do not want to slam, discredit Durant at all. He's amazing and is actually doing what I expected. Afterall he had one of the top 10 best freshman seasons of all time in college. So he came out of Texas a stud. No accident. He's simply not ripe right now. He's not polished. Believe it or not dispite his stats he is still developing his game. Even scoring along with other areas. A prime Tmac was a beast. I dont think you understand what kind of talent and player a prime Tmac was. To say some kid over a dozen games has equalled him is crazy.

I'm not talking about just talking about 12 games. Look at the last 34 or even the last 39(since he officially switched to SF). He's producing at that level. I know he's improving, he's improving every game it seems. And I do understand how good T-Mac was in his prime. I don't think many understood how rare what Durant is doing is. I can't remember another player scoring like he is now, while rebounding that well and with shooting percentages that good, much less at 20.

Showtime
02-21-2009, 05:14 PM
I don't laugh at people dying, but I have made jokes surrounding the circumstances of deaths (one of them involved Amare, so you must still be a bitter b!tch about it). With that being said, an eye injury that results in a surgery isn't equal to a death or rape. That's why you have Amare's dick in your mouth, because to you, they are the same. You laughing at raping my sister = me enjoying some karma for Amare. They are the same to you, and that's pretty telling about your mindset.

statman32
02-21-2009, 05:31 PM
I don't laugh at people dying, but I have made jokes surrounding the circumstances of deaths (one of them involved Amare, so you must still be a bitter b!tch about it). With that being said, an eye injury that results in a surgery isn't equal to a death or rape. That's why you have Amare's dick in your mouth, because to you, they are the same. You laughing at raping my sister = me enjoying some karma for Amare. They are the same to you, and that's pretty telling about your mindset.
You keep on thinking it was just one response that made me type what I did. It's a constant thing for you and your only excuse is that you dont care because you dont know "insert name". Well I dont know you and the people around you. Why should I care? Why not make jokes about it? Why do you care about what some random person on a message board says? Hypocrisy at its best I guess considering you are the guy who has to throw his input into "death" threads telling us all who gives a **** while making jokes.

spursdynasty420
02-21-2009, 05:34 PM
durant is a beast!!! he is now playing like he was at texas. just ownin fools. its just like college for him again and he learned very quickly. hes got alot of years

im glad he went to texas

Showtime
02-21-2009, 05:41 PM
You keep on thinking it was just one response that made me type what I did.

Yeah, it was TWO comments involving Amare, which is why you typed what you did. Sorry you have his balls in your mouth.

It's a constant thing for you and your only excuse is that you dont care because you dont know "insert name".

No, I said other people's reactions to my jokes were overblown because NOBODY on the board cares and knows them. I even said it would be different for those that do, in which case I wouldn't have made the joke to a family member directly. Here's my previous comment:

"Again, if I was speaking to him or his family, I would totally be empathetic because it's a tragic event for THEM, not YOU, so there's no reason for you to be upset."

My point wasn't that I can make comments about myself killing and raping YOUR family just because I don't know YOU or THEM. My God you are one dumb stain.

And again, I don't make jokes about me specifically raping another person's family. I made a joke about the circusmstances surrounding a death, and that joke involved Amare, and you can't handle it.

Well I dont know you and the people around you. Why should I care? Why not make jokes about it? Why do you care about what some random person on a message board says?

You weren't making a joke. You said you wanted a death and/or rape (even committed by yourself) to happen to my family in order for me to feel the same way you do about a joke/negative comment made about Amare. That wasn't a joke. It didn't even attempt a humors angle. And it's pretty pathetic.

Hypocrisy at its best I guess considering you are the guy who has to throw his input into "death" threads telling us all who gives a **** while making jokes.
Making a joke surrounding the circumstances of the death and seriously wishing a rape and/or murder on sombody's family in order for them to feel the same way you feel about a joke/negative comment made on your favorite player are two different things. Therefore, it's not being hypocritical.

And as I said, I'm not getting defensive over this, I'm just telling you how pathetic you are that this is your reaction to a negative comment about your favorite player.

highwhey
02-21-2009, 05:46 PM

****ing hilarious bro.

Anyways, this thread sucks dick, just like the OP.

yeaaaman
02-21-2009, 05:59 PM
again gilbert arenas in 06-07 over 17 games

35.4ppg, 5rpg, 6.4apg, 47.8%fg, 39.2%3pt, 82.%ft

These are almost prime michael jordan type numbers, so gilbert arenas = prime michael jordan?

VCMVP1551
02-21-2009, 06:16 PM

****ing hilarious bro.

Anyways, this thread sucks dick, just like the OP.

Awww Fatman's butt buddy came to his defense. :oldlol: I don't think we have to worry about Fatman raping Showtime's sister or anyone else. You have to know where your d*ck is to rape someone and Fatman needs to lose about 50 pounds before he'll find his.

again gilbert arenas in 06-07 over 17 games

35.4ppg, 5rpg, 6.4apg, 47.8%fg, 39.2%3pt, 82.%ft

These are almost prime michael jordan type numbers, so gilbert arenas = prime michael jordan?

Well Durant's numbers over the last 34 or even 39(since he officially switched to SF) are comparable to T-Mac's best years plus Durant is getting better every game.

highwhey
02-21-2009, 06:19 PM
Awww Fatman's butt buddy came to his defense. :oldlol: I don't think we have to worry about Fatman raping Showtime's sister or anyone else. You have to know where your d*ck is to rape someone and Fatman needs to lose about 50 pounds before he'll find his.

Well Durant's numbers over the last 34 or even 39(since he officially switched to SF) are comparable to T-Mac's best years plus Durant is getting better every game.
Do you have some obsession with ***** and fat people?

c_az_a
02-21-2009, 06:20 PM
I love Durant game. All he needs now is to be protected the officials the way they protect Kobe. Imagine if he gets Kobe type treatment. He will be unstoppable. All Durant needs is better teammates. Kobe had it his whole career (from Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Shaq, Caron, Odom, Bynum, Gasol and clutch guys like Horry and Fisher). Too bad Durant didn't fall with a team that had Dwight Howard. He could easily pull championship victory. Not only that, actually be the #1 guy on his team.

VCMVP1551
02-21-2009, 06:23 PM
Do you have some obsession with ***** and fat people?

If the censored word was ***** then how would my post suggest that? You said dick in your post as well and so did Statman. Although he was oddly very descriptive.

highwhey
02-21-2009, 06:44 PM
If the censored word was ***** then how would my post suggest that? You said dick in your post as well and so did Statman. Although he was oddly very descriptive.
Man, you're very quick to spot that word. I wonder why.

Papaya Petee
02-21-2009, 06:53 PM
Too bad Durant didn't fall with a team that had Dwight Howard. He could easily pull championship victory. Not only that, actually be the #1 guy on his team.

Durant #1 on a team with Dwight
Are you fu*cking retarded?

Maniak
02-21-2009, 06:54 PM
Not only that, actually be the #1 guy on his team.

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

VCMVP1551
02-21-2009, 07:50 PM
Man, you're very quick to spot that word. I wonder why.

Hmm well there was only one word in my post that would have been censored, not exactly hard to figure out. Then again you aren't the brightest person so I wouldn't expect a better comeback.

highwhey
02-21-2009, 08:35 PM
Hmm well there was only one word in my post that would have been censored, not exactly hard to figure out. Then again you aren't the brightest person so I wouldn't expect a better comeback.
I admit I'm not the brightest person on the face of this planet. Although the same can be said for you my friend. This thread is a perfect example. BTW, have you considered the fact that KD is on a scrub team? Does it really matter that KD is averaging 25 pts when his team's record is 13-42? I can name at least 10 other players who can average 25 or more on a scrub team like that. A player isn't defined by how many points/assists/boards he can add to his stat sheet, a player is defined by the impact he can make on his team. CP3/LeBron/D12 are all perfect examples. They don't have the best teammates in the NBA, but they make it work. Right now, LeBron has made his team into arguably the best team in the East, D12's team is Top 3 in the East. I know KD is a 2nd year player, so let's treat him like one. Fact is he isn't all that good as you make him to be. Comparing him to Prime T-Mac is major fail.

Lebron23
02-21-2009, 08:41 PM
I admit I'm not the brightest person on the face of this planet. Although the same can be said for you my friend. This thread is a perfect example. BTW, have you considered the fact that KD is on a scrub team? Does it really matter that KD is averaging 25 pts when his team's record is 13-42? I can name at least 10 other players who can average 25 or more on a scrub team like that. A player isn't defined by how many points/assists/boards he can add to his stat sheet, a player is defined by the impact he can make on his team. CP3/LeBron/D12 are all perfect examples. They don't have the best teammates in the NBA, but they make it work. Right now, LeBron has made his team into arguably the best team in the East, D12's team is Top 3 in the East. I know KD is a 2nd year player, so let's treat him like one. Fact is he isn't all that good as you make him to be. Comparing him to Prime T-Mac is major fail.

Amen

:hammertime: :hammertime:

juju151111
02-21-2009, 08:47 PM
Well even tho they have 13 wins only since he has been moved to SF there Winning 5 has gone up LOL.The were like 3-29 when he was at SG.They have a very young team in the west and noone on his team is over like 22 who starts.Give them time.

raid09
02-21-2009, 08:54 PM
Kobe averaged 41 PPG over a 19 game stretch in 05-06. Guess he's better than prime MJ.

LeBron averaged a triple double with 30+ points the first 12 games of the 07-08 season. Guess he's a better player than prime Magic.

Dwight Howard had a stretch of games averaging 22/17. Guess he's a better player than prime Tim Duncan.

Wade started the season averaging 30/8/5/3/2 on 50% shooting. Guess he's as good as prime MJ.

Anthony Morrow (undrafted rookie for GS) averaged 20 points on 60% shooting over a four or five game stretch, as well as 50%+ from three. Guess he's as good of a scorer as Chris Paul. Guess he is a better 3pt. shooter than Bird.

See what I did there?

VCMVP1551
02-21-2009, 08:59 PM

First of all I am a very intelligent person and I know that for a fact, so no the same can't be said for me.

Who cares if Durant is on a scrub team? He's not shooting that much compared to what he's scoring. He's taking just 19 shots per game.

I don't know why you're bringing up Lebron, Dwight and CP3 I never compared Durant to them.

I compared him to T-Mac who didn't have great team success. In T-Mac's 4 seasons with Orlando the Magic were 150-178. And that was in the much weaker Eastern Conference.

Major fail? :roll: Man you're a f*cking loser. Who the f*ck says that? The same people who play computer games like Warcraft.

AlThornton
02-21-2009, 10:07 PM
Can anyone picture Durant shooting these percentages in his prime?
.500fg%
.450fg3%
.900ft%

brandonislegend
02-21-2009, 10:07 PM
Can anyone picture Durant shooting these percentages in his prime?
.500fg%
.450fg3%
.900ft%

yes

spursdynasty420
02-21-2009, 10:19 PM
i got to watch every single one of his college games. dude is just redunkulous. is it even a contest who is better between him and oden now

Fudge
02-21-2009, 11:03 PM
First of all I am a very intelligent person

VCMVP1551
02-21-2009, 11:58 PM

I didn't know that facts are funny. :confusedshrug:

Archangel31
02-22-2009, 01:05 AM

Gobb your a dumbass...

Hmmmm... you so state the obvious sometimes.. no on else has too... Durant is not as good as a prime tmac at this point... but tmac in his second year was bunk( i know what your gonna say, tmac came straight from ****school).. probably will never be as good as a passer.. but as a scorer and defender for his position.. he will skunk on his ass and yours... and take his team to different heights... anyways...

gobb.. you make me laugh.. with your expetise.. keep it coming

Richie2k6
02-22-2009, 01:17 AM
The kid is already pretty much as good as T-Mac in his prime
What?

Maniak
02-22-2009, 01:35 AM
What?

Arguably the dumbest statement of the year, do you think?

VCMVP1551
02-22-2009, 01:55 AM
Arguably the dumbest statement of the year, do you think?

Not even close. Durant is now scoring 27-30 points, grabbing 7-8 rebounds nightly and shooting 48-50% on from the floor, 43-5% on 3's and 85-88% from the stripe now for about 40 games(since he switched to SF).

He has 32 and 6 again tonight on 12-19 shooting with 4 minutes remaining in the game.

He's now pretty much a 30 ppg scorer/7+ rpg player, but I can't remember another near 30 ppg perimeter player who was that efficient since maybe Jordan.

So no it's not a dumb statement on any level.

Maniak
02-22-2009, 01:58 AM
Wait, so now you are comparing Durant to Jordan?

:banghead:

OneMoreSucka
02-22-2009, 02:00 AM
Goat.

VCMVP1551
02-22-2009, 02:04 AM
Wait, so now you are comparing Durant to Jordan?

:banghead:

You're really reaching there. I said I can't remember another perimeter player scoring that much and that efficiently since Jordan. I NEVER once said that he'll be near Jordan's level. Can you name a player you remember averaging 26+ ppg on shooting % anywhere near 49/44/86%?

raid09
02-22-2009, 02:08 AM
Not even close. Durant is now scoring 27-30 points, grabbing 7-8 rebounds nightly and shooting 48-50% on from the floor, 43-5% on 3's and 85-88% from the stripe now for about 40 games(since he switched to SF).

He has 32 and 6 again tonight on 12-19 shooting with 4 minutes remaining in the game.

He's now pretty much a 30 ppg scorer/7+ rpg player, but I can't remember another near 30 ppg perimeter player who was that efficient since maybe Jordan.

So no it's not a dumb statement on any level.

And yet, his team got beat by double figures by a struggling Warriors team. You can throw out all the "efficiency" numbers you want. He lacks the ability to take over a game, something prime T-Mac and sophomore LeBron could do. He's a good player, for sure. Your comparisons are stupid. He has quickly gone from one of the most underrated players in the game to one of the most overrated.

VCMVP1551
02-22-2009, 02:18 AM
And yet, his team got beat by double figures by a struggling Warriors team. You can throw out all the "efficiency" numbers you want. He lacks the ability to take over a game, something prime T-Mac and sophomore LeBron could do. He's a good player, for sure. Your comparisons are stupid. He has quickly gone from one of the most underrated players in the game to one of the most overrated.

Oh I forgot. T-Mac won a ton of games with Orlando. :oldlol: Which is why in his four years in Orlando the Magic were 150-178, and that was in the Eastern Conference when it was as weak as it's ever been.

What exactly do you guys remember T-Mac doing? He was putting up great stats on bad teams which is what Durant is doing. It's not like I'm comparing Durant to Kobe.

highwhey
02-22-2009, 02:55 AM
First of all I am a very intelligent person and I know that for a fact, so no the same can't be said for me.

Who cares if Durant is on a scrub team? He's not shooting that much compared to what he's scoring. He's taking just 19 shots per game.

I don't know why you're bringing up Lebron, Dwight and CP3 I never compared Durant to them.

I compared him to T-Mac who didn't have great team success. In T-Mac's 4 seasons with Orlando the Magic were 150-178. And that was in the much weaker Eastern Conference.

Major fail? :roll: Man you're a f*cking loser. Who the f*ck says that? The same people who play computer games like Warcraft.
So far, you've proven that you really aren't intelligent. T-Mac in his prime was a better player than a 2nd year Durant, you've got to be $hitting me if you firmly believe otherwise. I'm pretty sure Durant will turn out to be the better player if injuries don't plague him like they did to T-Mac, but for right now, prime T-Mac>>>>KD. So far the majority of replies seem to agree with that statement.

BTW: I've never played Warcraft...or any major computer RPG. :confusedshrug:

Tainted Sword
02-22-2009, 02:57 AM
It really wasn't Durant's fault the Thunder lost. He closed the 10 point lead the Warriors had in the 4th. Westbrook and Green's selfish play cost them the game. Those two have no business chucking contested fadeaways and threes when the best player on their team is hot in the 4th.

Showtime
02-22-2009, 02:58 AM
Oh I forgot. T-Mac won a ton of games with Orlando. :oldlol: Which is why in his four years in Orlando the Magic were 150-178, and that was in the Eastern Conference when it was as weak as it's ever been.

What exactly do you guys remember T-Mac doing? He was putting up great stats on bad teams which is what Durant is doing. It's not like I'm comparing Durant to Kobe.
At least he made the playoffs. 150-178 = .457 win % What is Durant's win %?

eaggolfer3
02-22-2009, 03:04 AM
It really wasn't Durant's fault the Thunder lost. He closed the 10 point lead the Warriors had in the 4th. Westbrook and Green's selfish play cost them the game. Those two have no business chucking contested fadeaways and threes when the best player on their team is hot in the 4th.

This is exactly why I think it's going to take the Thunder a while to make the playoffs despite all thier young talent.

When I watch them it just looks like three kids trying to make the highlight play, not necessarily interested in winning the game. (Im not implying that these guys don't care about winning, it just seems that don't know how to make the smart play to win, but never fail to make the highlight play to get the crowd hyped).

bdreason
02-22-2009, 03:18 AM
And yet, his team got beat by double figures by a struggling Warriors team.

We are actually playing our best ball of the year right now.

We can beat anyone at home, ANYONE.

raid09
02-22-2009, 04:05 AM

McGrady in Orlando - 3 +.500 seasons, 3 playoff appearances, .457 winning %

Durant in Seattle/Oklahoma City - .241 winning %

Sorry, McGrady won a few more games.

ronron15
02-22-2009, 04:39 AM
tmac did it for a couple of seasons. KD only did it in a dozen of games. Consistency is real important in making these comparisons. KD is sure showing signs of Tmac. But did not yet do what Tmac did

mattreis62
02-22-2009, 04:40 AM
The Thunder are a bad team because they start two rookies and two second year players, not because of Durant's flaws. He's doing everything you could possibly ask a 20 year old to do.

Showtime
02-22-2009, 04:44 AM
The Thunder are a bad team because they start two rookies and two second year players, not because of Durant's flaws. He's doing everything you could possibly ask a 20 year old to do.
Nobody is denying that. It's when he starts getting the "best shooter", "MVP candidate soon", "best SF with Lebron", "As good as prime T-Mac" treatment that some want to hold back on the praise. He's good, and getting better, but let's not go overboard.

mattreis62
02-22-2009, 06:18 AM
Nobody is denying that. It's when he starts getting the "best shooter", "MVP candidate soon", "best SF with Lebron", "As good as prime T-Mac" treatment that some want to hold back on the praise. He's good, and getting better, but let's not go overboard.

Yeah, well, if you pay attention to every single idiot on ISH you'll be spending way too much time trying to counter stupid arguments and exaggerated claims. People have definitely gone overboard with the Durant-love and that just leads other people to come back with way too much Durant-hate. He's putting up amazing numbers for a 20 year old, why can't we just sit back and enjoy it without trying to hype him or tear him down? :confusedshrug:

mrhoopfan
02-22-2009, 08:34 AM
Yeah, well, if you pay attention to every single idiot on ISH you'll be spending way too much time trying to counter stupid arguments and exaggerated claims. People have definitely gone overboard with the Durant-love and that just leads other people to come back with way too much Durant-hate. He's putting up amazing numbers for a 20 year old, why can't we just sit back and enjoy it without trying to hype him or tear him down? :confusedshrug:

It's not going overboard with the Durant love.......he's that good!

All Net
02-22-2009, 08:43 AM
Durant is a stud no doubt, at 6'10 with his shooting abilty and speed he will be a dominant scorer for many years. He does need to put on some muscle though if he wants to be more than just a great scorer.

paintingshade
02-22-2009, 11:09 AM
You're really reaching there. I said I can't remember another perimeter player scoring that much and that efficiently since Jordan. I NEVER once said that he'll be near Jordan's level. Can you name a player you remember averaging 26+ ppg on shooting % anywhere near 49/44/86%?

the closest I can think of is dirk a few years ago

24.6 ppg on 50.2/41.6/90.4% with 8.9 reb/3.4 assists.

still, he was near his prime and in his 8th year or something.

I'm a big durant supporter, and I realize there's a significant difference between 41% and 44% from 3, but seeing those numbers along with 9 rebounds and 3.4 assists make me think durant needs to bring his game up maybe one or two more notchs to reach those levels we're talking about now.

over the last 15 though, he's put up

32.3 PPG
7.7 RPG
4.1 APG
1.3 STL
0.8 BLK

54.4 FG%
45.3 3PT%
87.3 FT%

1.52 Points per shot

epic.

VCMVP1551
02-22-2009, 11:12 AM

I'm a big durant supporter, and I realize there's a significant difference between 41% and 44% from 3, but seeing those numbers along with 9 rebounds and 3.4 assists make me think durant needs to bring his game up maybe one or two more notchs to reach those levels we're talking about now.

32.3 PPG
7.7 RPG
4.1 APG
1.3 STL
0.8 BLK

54.4 FG%
45.3 3PT%
87.3 FT%

1.52 Points per shot

epic.

Yeah, maybe I exaggerated a bit, but what he's doing now is off the charts. I expected him to score maybe 23-25 ppg, shoot 45% at best, maybe 35% on 3's and get about 5 rpg.

Rekindled
02-22-2009, 11:49 AM

32.3 PPG
7.7 RPG
4.1 APG
1.3 STL
0.8 BLK

54.4 FG%
45.3 3PT%
87.3 FT%

1.52 Points per shot

epic.

earl watson needs to shoot less and durant needs to shoot more , that's all i gotta say about thunder

paintingshade
02-22-2009, 01:00 PM
earl watson needs to shoot less and durant needs to shoot more , that's all i gotta say about thunder

earl watson is a POS. he's awful. takes terrible shots, makes bad decisions, breaks up the flow of the game. he just sucks.

highwhey
02-22-2009, 04:16 PM
Yeah, maybe I exaggerated a bit, but what he's doing now is off the charts. I expected him to score maybe 23-25 ppg, shoot 45% at best, maybe 35% on 3's and get about 5 rpg.
So it took 5 pages for you to realize your mistake? Nice.

beau_boy04
02-22-2009, 04:20 PM
all I have to say is if the Thunder get the #1 pick (hopefully it won't happen) then Blake Griffin will make Durant's game much easier. Watch out for them two to tear up the league in 3 years.

Goku
02-22-2009, 04:21 PM
lets watch some defenses adjust to this guy, they dont play him like they play prime tmac

and this guy needs to play some d you can throw out half those points he puts up with all the points he gives up

Fudge
02-22-2009, 05:12 PM
You can leave.

niko
02-22-2009, 05:16 PM
You can tell when someone is good, when the hate is intense like this. When Kobe did his behind the back dribble in the all star game to go by Jordan, HOLY ****. YOu would have thought someone was murdered by him the next day. Mad hate from the media...

black spiral
02-22-2009, 05:25 PM
Yo dudes!!! My name is Fudge and I am gay!!!!!!

My mother is an overweight whore (didnt know that was possible did you?) but theres nothing I can do about that......

peace!!!! :rockon:

Basketball Dirk
02-22-2009, 05:51 PM
Kevin Durant stats vs Good Teams

19 games
26.1 Points
49.2 FG%
47.9 3pFG% (2.5 attempts per game)
86% FT (7.6 attempts per game)
Reb 6.3
Assists 2.9

http://www.82games.com/0809/COM1S11.HTM

This should be the end of this thread.

Showtime
02-22-2009, 05:51 PM

19 games
26.1 Points
49.2 FG%
Reb 6.3
Assists 2.9

Yes, it should be the end of this thread. What's his record in those 19 games against good teams?

And don't get this twisted. I don't base everything on team record, nor individual stats. It should be a mix of both IMO. T-mac, Kobe, MJ, Chris Paul, Lebron, all had stats on bad teams, but the difference is that they elevated their teams and got wins. Let's stop the comparisons and overrating until Durant reaches the level where his stats help bring wins.

c_az_a
02-22-2009, 05:54 PM
Yes, it should be the end of this thread. What's his record in those 19 games against good teams?

What would Durant do if you replace him with Kobe.

Gasol
Durant
Bynum
Fisher
Sasha

Odom
Ariza
Powell
Farmer

HOF coach Phil Jackson.

Durant shoots 42% from threes. Something Kobe could dream of (7% less).

I have more confidence in Durant than Kobe, especially if we are talking about the NBA finals. Too bad Durant got stuck with chumps while Kobe was stucked with all star big men / hof big men.

Showtime
02-22-2009, 05:58 PM
What would Durant do if you replace him with Kobe.

1. Irrelevant
2. Total conjecture

I have more confidence in Durant than Kobe, especially if we are talking about the NBA finals. Too bad Durant got stuck with chumps while Kobe was stucked with all star big men / hof big men.
Read again: the OP made this thread saying Durant was already on prime Mac's level. Maybe from a pure production standpoint, but the difference is that if that production doesn't make an impact in regards to wins, how much does it really matter? Again, other players like Mac, Kobe, Paul, Lebron, Jordan, etc ELEVATED their teams and were able to bring in wins from their individual dominance. Durant isn't at that level yet.

VCMVP1551
02-22-2009, 06:00 PM
You can leave.

:roll: I can't believe you even have "fail" in your location. Man you're f*cking pathetic.

GOBB
02-22-2009, 06:00 PM
Gobb your a dumbass...

Hmmmm... you so state the obvious sometimes.. no on else has too... Durant is not as good as a prime tmac at this point... but tmac in his second year was bunk( i know what your gonna say, tmac came straight from ****school).. probably will never be as good as a passer.. but as a scorer and defender for his position.. he will skunk on his ass and yours... and take his team to different heights... anyways...

gobb.. you make me laugh.. with your expetise.. keep it coming

The fact you edited this post and it still makes no sense is amusing.

Yes I'm a dumbass. Next time you call me one know that it is you're not your. I dont harp on typos, grammatical errors much but its always funny to see someone insult you. But make a fool out of themselves in doing so.

You make me laugh...keep it coming.

juju151111
02-22-2009, 06:03 PM

And don't get this twisted. I don't base everything on team record, nor individual stats. It should be a mix of both IMO. T-mac, Kobe, MJ, Chris Paul, Lebron, all had stats on bad teams, but the difference is that they elevated their teams and got wins. Let's stop the comparisons and overrating until Durant reaches the level where his stats help bring wins.
LOL that shows his team is complete thrash and if you watch them they have no defense. They need a better coach and experience.WTF do you mean since KD has moved to Sf they have been winning more.They were 3-29 before he started playing good.His stats did translate to wins.Also there was like 3 gms this year where KD goes nuts in the 4th and hit a shot with like 3 seconds left, but then someone else makes a shot.The only thing he needs to do is get leadership.(You can't put all the blame on him.They have 2nd year players and a thrash coach.No vertern leadership or advice.LJ wouldn't do any better in his 2nd year.

Lakers13
02-22-2009, 06:08 PM

19 games
26.1 Points
49.2 FG%
Reb 6.3
Assists 2.9

From what I could see he's only got 3 wins against teams above .500. I saw Utah, Portland, and Detroit. If I missed any fill free to add.

Dude is gonna be a stud, but to compare him to the Kobe, Lebron, or even TMac at this point is a bit premature.

Lebron23
02-22-2009, 06:09 PM
Yo dudes!!! My name is Fudge and I am gay!!!!!!

My mother is an overweight whore (didnt know that was possible did you?) but theres nothing I can do about that......

peace!!!! :rockon:

:oldlol: :roll: :oldlol:

Showtime
02-22-2009, 06:13 PM
LOL that shows his team is complete thrash and if you watch them they have no defense. They need a better coach and experience.WTF do you mean since KD has moved to Sf they have been winning more.They were 3-29 before he started playing good.His stats did translate to wins.Also there was like 3 gms this year where KD goes nuts in the 4th and hit a shot with like 3 seconds left, but then someone else makes a shot.The only thing he needs to do is get leadership.(You can't put all the blame on him.They have 2nd year players and a thrash coach.No vertern leadership or advice.LJ wouldn't do any better in his 2nd year.
Apparently, you don't comprehend my point. I'm not blaming Durant for their record. What I'm trying to say is that Durant is getting compared to players that have had bad supporting casts and still elevated their teams by getting wins because of their individual play. Durant shouldn't be compared to these players YET because he has YET to reach the level of those former players.

mrhoopfan
02-22-2009, 08:59 PM

Cut it out....he has no all star/ border line all star around him at this point.

Fudge
02-22-2009, 10:16 PM
:roll: I can't believe you even have "fail" in your location. Man you're f*cking pathetic.

Showtime
02-22-2009, 10:29 PM
Cut it out....he has no all star/ border line all star around him at this point.
Neither did those players I mentioned at certain points in their careers, where they were able to win games. Go back and read.