PDA

View Full Version : Stephon Marbury officially joins Boston Celtics

TruthKGRay3412
02-27-2009, 11:32 AM
Update: Marbury has officially signed: http://www.insidehoops.com/celtics-sign-marbury-022709.shtml

Also: InsideHoops.com opinion: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=3623

Link (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2009/02/marbury_signed.html)

Stephon Marbury is expected to join the Celtics during a closed practice at 5 p.m. at the TD Banknorth Garden after signing a contract with the team today for a prorated veteran's minimum of $1.3 million. The team will not hold a shootaround this morning after arriving from Los Angeles yesterday evening.

It is not yet known whether Marbury will be in uniform for the Celtics tonight against the Pacers (7:30 p.m.) Marbury talked about joining the Celtics in today's Globe.

Q&A with the 2 time all-star.

Q: How excited are you about coming to the Celtics?

SM: "This is the happiest I've been since being drafted, man. I'm so happy that it doesn't even feel real. It feels, it just feels like, it feels different to finally be able to get the opportunity to go play for a team that's established. Everyone is on the same page. There is one goal, and that's winning a ring, winning the trophy.

"I'm walking into an environment where it's stable, controlled by the players because the players police themselves. You don't have to have the coach police what is going on. Everyone seems to have it together and it looks like a family. That's what it's all about."

Q: What would you say to your skeptics who wonder why the Celtics are signing you despite your past problems?

SM: "That's OK. That's just a perspective that has been adapted from what someone else told them. If they weren't there and weren't in that circle, then they don't know."

Q: How does it feel to go to a team that is pretty much drama-free?

SM: "You don't know how good it feels to know that it's just one thing, to have fun. [Kevin Garnett] was like, 'Basketball is going to be fun again, kid.' Man, I can't wait. I'm so excited. I haven't slept in like three days."

Q: Are you in shape? Could you play against Indiana [tonight]?

SM: "I'm a hooper. It's just like playing inside the park. You play. I came in camp at 197 [pounds] and I'm at 199 [now]. I didn't gain any weight. I made sure I worked out, I was lifting weights, shooting the ball. I shot [Wednesday]. I'm not going to say that I'm in basketball shape or can play 30 minutes. But can I go play? Yeah, I can go play."
read the rest here
Link (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2009/02/27/marbury_answers_call/?page=2)

wooooooooo..:cheers:

Scott Pippen
02-27-2009, 11:35 AM
:applause:

Grinder
02-27-2009, 11:38 AM
Wow, this will be exciting.

I don't care about his attitude in the past and how he's a team cancer, that won't fly with guys like Pierce and KG around. From what I saw in preseason, Steph is still in great shape, can get to the rim and draw contact like few others, and will provide a huge lift at the backup PG and bench depth. The C's can also use Marbury instead of Rondo when the D starts to slag or they need a better shooter in late game situations.

TruthKGRay3412
02-27-2009, 11:38 AM
Q: How do you feel about coming off the bench?

SM: "I don't care what they ask me to do. I'll play 20 minutes or I'll play 15. It doesn't matter who is scoring or who is doing what. It's about one common goal: to win."

Lets hope this is what he really believes.:rockon:

JJ81
02-27-2009, 11:42 AM
Unlucky.

pete's montreux
02-27-2009, 11:42 AM
What do I have to say about this?

Only...

:banana:

NOHCP3
02-27-2009, 11:43 AM
Itll be intresting to see Marbury's role with the team, whether he'll be rusty or not, and everyones favorite whether he self destructs or not....

IMO, He'll contribute and be quiet for the most part. Marbury may be crazy but hes not dumb. He knows this is probably his only chance at a ring.

haterofhaters
02-27-2009, 11:50 AM
Itll be intresting to see Marbury's role with the team, whether he'll be rusty or not, and everyones favorite whether he self destructs or not....

IMO, He'll contribute and be quiet for the most part. Marbury may be crazy but hes not dumb. He knows this is probably his only chance at a ring.
Not just his only chance at a ring, but his only shot to remain in the NBA. We don't know exactly how much talent he has left, but regardless of the talent, if he does anything to screw with team chemistry, his NBA days are over. So there's a lot more riding on him than just the pressure of on-court performance. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing the guy get a second chance.

gts
02-27-2009, 11:54 AM

IMO, He'll contribute and be quiet for the most part. Marbury may be crazy but hes not dumb. He knows this is probably his only chance at a ring.we'll he hasn't really played in 20 months so i imagine he'll be a little rusty. plus he wasn't exactly playing well when he was playing so it's going to take some time

NOHCP3
02-27-2009, 11:56 AM
Not just his only chance at a ring, but his only shot to remain in the NBA. We don't know exactly how much talent he has left, but regardless of the talent, if he does anything to screw with team chemistry, his NBA days are over. So there's a lot more riding on him than just the pressure of on-court performance. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing the guy get a second chance.

Didnt look at it that way. Absolutely right. If something bad goes down this time around I cant see many teams taking a shot at him. There were only a couple of suitors this time around.

As crazy as the Knicks saga was, its over and done with now. I think he deserved the chance to at least play along time ago. They clearly needed to part ways as soon as the Isiah era ended. I really think he could help the Cs. Not huge numbers but PG stability when the bench comes in at least.

Meticode
02-27-2009, 11:57 AM
I guess this means Pruitt will drive off a bridge now.

Grinder
02-27-2009, 11:58 AM
Imagine this lineup 6-7 years ago:

Stephon Marbury
Ray Allen
Paul Pierce
Kevin Garnett
Random Center

Looks like an all star team.

NOHCP3
02-27-2009, 12:01 PM
we'll he hasn't really played in 20 months so i imagine he'll be a little rusty. plus he wasn't exactly playing well when he was playing so it's going to take some time

Right, It'll take time but I think he'll be able to ease his way in. Early on he wont be asked to do much. He looked like he was in good shape, but even if hes not he wont be playing huge minutes until the playoffs really.

JJ81
02-27-2009, 12:02 PM
Will he become a starter?:confusedshrug:

Meticode
02-27-2009, 12:03 PM
Imagine this lineup 6-7 years ago:

Stephon Marbury
Ray Allen
Paul Pierce
Kevin Garnett
Random Center

Looks like an all star team.

Same thing could be said about when Malone and Payton played for the Lakers.

Payton/Fisher
Bryant
Fox/Bryon Russell/George
Malone/Horace Grant
Shaq

niko
02-27-2009, 12:04 PM
we'll he hasn't really played in 20 months so i imagine he'll be a little rusty. plus he wasn't exactly playing well when he was playing so it's going to take some time

His last two seasons with the Knicks there was something clearly wrong with his right ankle / knee with it being much worse last year. Part of what would go wrong with him is he mopes when he's not healthy and he'd play 10 good games then start to get limited and it would spiral. I guess we'll know soon if that was an isolated injury that wouldn't heal or deterioration due to age.

Grinder
02-27-2009, 12:06 PM
Same thing could be said about when Malone and Payton played for the Lakers.

Payton/Fisher
Bryant
Fox/Bryon Russell/George
Malone/Horace Grant
Shaq

Hell even the current Suns if everyone was in their prime. :lol

Steve Nash
Jason Richardson
Grant Hill
Amar'e Stoudemire
Shaquille O'Neal

or the 05-06 Heat could play lineups of:
Gary Payton/Jason Williams
Dwayne Wade/Eddie Jones
Antoine Walker
Alonzo Mourning
Shaquille O'Neal

niko
02-27-2009, 12:07 PM
The only thing i don't like what he said is that the players police themselves, not the coaches. He's a career malcontent who behaves everywhere he goes, and he's happy to move to an enviorment that has less coaches watching him. FIne, sure...

waiting for the first celtic fan to say something bad about the knicks as if his whole career screwups are there fault - he misbehaved in minnesota, new jersey and phoenix too.

Odomize
02-27-2009, 12:09 PM
has he collected enough karma to prevent the Celtics from getting a ring?

JJ81
02-27-2009, 12:11 PM
Nevermind.

MK2V1GP
02-27-2009, 12:22 PM
Will he become a starter?:confusedshrug:

nope

sixerfan82
02-27-2009, 12:32 PM
Eh, I'm calling hogwash on his comments until we see a handful of games, INCLUDING 1-2 against contending teams.

haterofhaters
02-27-2009, 12:32 PM
nope
He might not become a starter, but come playoff time, Rondo's actual amount of minutes played are not guaranteed to him. We saw how Doc was willing to sit him on the pine in favor of Cassel and House during significant stretches and even 4th quarter minutes. That said, Marbury would definitely have to earn that kind of trust.

Mathius
02-27-2009, 12:46 PM

Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

As long as GM's believe he still has talent he'll get a job. It's a historical given. Look at the Dallas Cowboys, Latrell Sprewell, Michael Vick (the 49ers have already been rumored to be interested), etc.

Mathius

Meticode
02-27-2009, 12:46 PM
I was bored and I thought Starbury's logo was cool. So I put it inside the Celtics cloverleaf. So to anyone who likes Starbury and who are Celtics fans and like the arrival of Starbury here's an avatar out of my boredom even though I'm a Cavs fan who is a photoshop noob...

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc28/Meticode/celtics_starbury.gif

niko
02-27-2009, 12:49 PM

As long as GM's believe he still has talent he'll get a job. It's a historical given. Look at the Dallas Cowboys, Latrell Sprewell, Michael Vick (the 49ers have already been rumored to be interested), etc.

Mathius

Actually look at Latrell Sprewell. Couldn't you see the situation simlar with Marbury, of cousre a ton of teams would give him a chance, but maybe ar 2-3 a year rather than the 20 he got. I could easily see him not playing. He's not one of these players (as far as i know) who spent all his money.

haterofhaters
02-27-2009, 12:50 PM

Mathius
I was actually about to mention Latrell Sprewell ironically. How many teams were jumping at the opportunity to sign him? He never officially retired, you do know that right?

niko
02-27-2009, 12:51 PM
He might not become a starter, but come playoff time, Rondo's actual amount of minutes played are not guaranteed to him. We saw how Doc was willing to sit him on the pine in favor of Cassel and House during significant stretches and even 4th quarter minutes. That said, Marbury would definitely have to earn that kind of trust.

Yes, Casell refusing to pass at times and looking like an old man worked really well with extended minutes, much better than Rondo looks now. :applause: I'm all for Marbury getting as many of Rondos' minutes as possible. Hell, bench Rondo and start Marbury.

of course i absolutely 100% don't want the celtics to win a title... :lol

niko
02-27-2009, 12:52 PM
I was actually about to mention Latrell Sprewell ironically. How many teams were jumping at the opportunity to sign him? He never officially retired, you do know that right?

it's cause of the salary he wants. he gets small money inquiries, and he refuses to play for that money. it's not a case that teams wouldn't sign him.

JellyBean
02-27-2009, 01:36 PM
This could be really good news. Or really bad news for the Celtics.

Naturally this gives the C's a huge edge when it comes to 2nd units on the floor. Marbury brings that instant offense and defense (stop laughing!!) to the C's. Hopefully Marbury will be happy with his minutes.

Good luck, Celtics.

I wonder if it is too late to get on the Celtics bandwagon? Oh never mind. One day my Timberwolves will be back in the playoffs.....I hope.

Mathius
02-27-2009, 02:07 PM
Actually look at Latrell Sprewell. Couldn't you see the situation simlar with Marbury, of cousre a ton of teams would give him a chance, but maybe ar 2-3 a year rather than the 20 he got. I could easily see him not playing. He's not one of these players (as far as i know) who spent all his money.

I thought the article said Marbury got 1.3M? Of course nobody is going to pay him high dollar, but haterofhaters was saying that he wasn't going to get another chance if he proved a chemistry problem on the Celtcs. That's absurd, given the history of sports.

Marbury is what? 33? He wasn't going to get 20 mil at age 33 after not playing for what? Over a year?

Mathius

TruthKGRay3412
02-27-2009, 02:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G7BlyXNlCg&eurl=http://redsarmy.wordpress.com/2009/02/27/boston-here-i-come/&feature=player_embedded

Video of Marbury thanking the Knicks for everything..and then ripping his shirt off and having a Celtics shirt underneath. :cheers:

haterofhaters
02-27-2009, 02:13 PM
I thought the article said Marbury got 1.3M? Of course nobody is going to pay him high dollar, but haterofhaters was saying that he wasn't going to get another chance if he proved a chemistry problem on the Celtcs. That's absurd, given the history of sports.

Marbury is what? 33? He wasn't going to get 20 mil at age 33 after not playing for what? Over a year?

Mathius
Yes, that is exactly what i'm suggesting. If Stephon Marbury doesn't find a way to gel and be cohesive with the defending champion Celtics, people are going to look at that and say "hey, this guy might have some talent, but I don't need him ****ing up our team chemistry so i'll pass." Even now he only had a few teams interested in him, and they considered it a risk taking him on.

west
02-27-2009, 02:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G7BlyXNlCg&eurl=http://redsarmy.wordpress.com/2009/02/27/boston-here-i-come/&feature=player_embedded

Video of Marbury thanking the Knicks for everything..and then ripping his shirt off and having a Celtics shirt underneath. :cheers:
Badass avy:pimp:

haterofhaters
02-27-2009, 02:17 PM
it's cause of the salary he wants. he gets small money inquiries, and he refuses to play for that money. it's not a case that teams wouldn't sign him.
and Marbury hasn't proven to be money driven in the past?:confusedshrug:

lilo
02-27-2009, 02:31 PM
To summarize, it looks like Celtics fans are cautiously optimistic about Marbury while all other fans (and especially contender's fans) are very concerned about the impact on team chemistry :lol

niko
02-27-2009, 02:37 PM

Mathius

i mean next year, do you think marbury would come back for a small salary to be a role player or would he just stay home. of course this year he'd come back, he's actually getting 20 million this year, not the small amount.

if things worked out well for the celtics maybe, but i wonder how appealing a 2 million a year bench role is for marbury long term.

Foster5k
02-27-2009, 02:42 PM
Easy deal.

It's a win and win situation for the Celtics; they are a great team without Marbury, and he could possibly make them a better team. He will be coming off the bench no doubt about that, however if he plays like the old Marbury, he could possibly start. I know that is a long shot, but it is worth mentioning.

Chicago-Rose
02-27-2009, 02:42 PM
Nice post b the OP. It sounds like the C's might have a great catch in this current version of Marbury. I think I might watch more of their games just to see how they are doing.

Meticode
02-27-2009, 02:46 PM
Easy deal.

It's a win and win situation for the Celtics; they are a great team without Marbury, and he could possibly make them a better team. He will be coming off the bench no doubt about that, however if he plays like the old Marbury, he could possibly start. I know that is a long shot, but it is worth mentioning.

He wouldn't start even if he was averaging 20PPG if he was able to start. His job will be to provide scoring off the bench which is what they need. Him driving to the lane and kicking it out to house fits well on paper at least.

niko
02-27-2009, 02:52 PM
LOL at people saying he might start at some point. Let's see...

Aging former superstar who has been a malcontent his whole career vs. young stud point guard who suffered from confidence problems at times.

Let's start Marbury!!!

Ahh, unfortunately you don't run the celtics because that would be great.

Mathius
02-27-2009, 03:26 PM
i mean next year, do you think marbury would come back for a small salary to be a role player or would he just stay home. of course this year he'd come back, he's actually getting 20 million this year, not the small amount.

if things worked out well for the celtics maybe, but i wonder how appealing a 2 million a year bench role is for marbury long term.

It's not up to Marbury. He'll be offered contract based on how well he plays. If he plays like a good bench player the caliber of Stackhouse the year Dallas went to the Finals, or Grant Hill now, he'll probably be offered a decent contract.

The idea that he won't be given a chance to play because of his off court antics makes me laugh. Talent is always more valued than chemistry in sports. Head cases with talent can always get a job.

Mathius

bagelred
02-27-2009, 03:37 PM
To be honest, you know who should have signed Marbury? The Knicks.

Think about it. After the Knicks let him out of his contract, Walsh should have thought about resigning him. Don't the Knicks need help at the guard positions? Walsh probably could have just signed him to the veterans minimum. Then, if he starts to cause problems, Walsh could have just cut him because of his small contract. Very little risk.

I don't know, seems like a missed opportunity for Walsh and the Knicks. You would think if they resigned Marbury, Marbury would have something to prove......

Yes, it's a joke.

Riker
02-27-2009, 04:24 PM
I don't care about his attitude in the past and how he's a team cancer, that won't fly with guys like Pierce and KG around.
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

I'm sick of those lame worms of "experts" talking their philosophy bullish "expertise" about the cancer that Steph is and bla bla bla.

Those guys I swear man, I would shoot em.

WHO the hell is Marbury to disrupt Celtics chemistry?

If he makes A MOVE that doesn't comply with Rivers' plan - he is BENCHED and after the game KG will probably stuff him in the trunk and drive him around town and drop him off a cliff.

But all these idiots writing **** like "Marbury will be a selfish player, he's gonna screw up Celtics' chemistry"

Gimme a break. :violin:

haterofhaters
02-27-2009, 04:29 PM
It's not up to Marbury. He'll be offered contract based on how well he plays. If he plays like a good bench player the caliber of Stackhouse the year Dallas went to the Finals, or Grant Hill now, he'll probably be offered a decent contract.

The idea that he won't be given a chance to play because of his off court antics makes me laugh. Talent is always more valued than chemistry in sports. Head cases with talent can always get a job.

Mathius
They may get a job, but at significantly less that what their talent level suggests they should be making.

Mathius
02-27-2009, 04:51 PM
They may get a job, but at significantly less that what their talent level suggests they should be making.

Again, history shows otherwise. How many times are you gonna make me repeat it? Why don't you show some actual facts to support this?

Marbury is a what? 33 year old player who was once a star and hasn't played ball in over a year. At 33 years of age, he isn't WORTH more than what he got.

Even if he stepped into Boston and put up 20 points and 10 assists a night (which isn't likely, btw) and was as good as a saint, he would still only get a 2-3 year deal tops.

Mathius

Vancouver-Grizz
02-27-2009, 05:11 PM

Mathius

Wow.....I finally agree with him.....its kinda strange... LoL :cheers:

hawkfan
02-27-2009, 05:16 PM
Marbury signing with the Celtics is the best news that the Hawks could wish for.

highwhey
02-27-2009, 05:21 PM
I could careless what people think about Marbury. He's a talented player, on a talented team that went all the way last season. It's going to be very exciting to watch him play. Can't wait. :cheers:

TheGame
02-27-2009, 05:21 PM
I think this is a great addition clearly he understands what an opportunity this is. Despite all of his previous problems I think the Celtics Big 3 and Doc won't take any bs from him.

:applause:

oh the horror
02-27-2009, 05:31 PM
I think this will work out better than people think. The chemistry with this team is tight knit enough where ONE out of line player isnt going to destroy the entire thing. They have solid players, solid leadership, and a solid environment. I see this working out for the celtics.

hofe23
02-27-2009, 05:32 PM
bad move marbury. why move to a team that's doesn't have a chance to get by cleveland in the playoff's. you just joined a team that isn't gonna be in the NBA finals. someone tell me why you would do that?:no: :confusedshrug:

TheGame
02-27-2009, 05:38 PM
bad move marbury. why move to a team that's doesn't have a chance to get by cleveland in the playoff's. you just joined a team that isn't gonna be in the NBA finals. someone tell me why you would do that?:no: :confusedshrug:

Thank you homer. Your insights toward the defending champs are laughable. :roll:

niko
02-27-2009, 05:38 PM

Mathius

i'm in no way saying he wouldn't be offered a job. i agree with you 100%. my point is just i could see him out of the league, similar to sprewell in that the valuation of his time and talent by himself and by the league won't match each otehr anymore.

Starbury knew his salary well. I'm wondering if he'd play if his salary was 10th larges on the team. (this year is different, he's a $20 million player just not playing for the team paying him)

hofe23
02-27-2009, 05:44 PM
Thank you homer. Your insights toward the defending champs are laughable. :roll:
last year the cavs did not have mo williams, jj hixon, and delonte west. the majority of their team have had the best years of their careers this year. their perimeter shooting was their achilles heel last year and now they are one of the best in the league in that area. they have played great this year. the defending champs last year will not make it to the finals this year. if they do, i will stop posting stuff on this website.:D

gigantes
02-27-2009, 05:55 PM
what a shame that a piece of garbage like this is accepted by a legit team.

now i trust that the hope of every true NBA fan is that boston crashes and burns this year because of a signing like this.

little more needs be said...

hofe23
02-27-2009, 05:58 PM
too bad the celtics won last year. cavs are a better team and will not lose to them this year. maybe next year kg, but not this year. :no:

highwhey
02-27-2009, 06:00 PM
last year the cavs did not have mo williams, jj hixon, and delonte west. the majority of their team have had the best years of their careers this year. their perimeter shooting was their achilles heel last year and now they are one of the best in the league in that area. they have played great this year. the defending champs last year will not make it to the finals this year. if they do, i will stop posting stuff on this website.:D

you know how many times we hear that? 2 things happen, ether the person stays on the site and continues to annoy the $hit out of us or they actually leave and make another account like yourself. so **** off.

Vancouver-Grizz
02-27-2009, 06:02 PM
if they do, i will stop posting stuff on this website.:D

Who cares

hofe23
02-27-2009, 06:04 PM
what a shame that a piece of garbage like this is accepted by a legit team.

now i trust that the hope of every true NBA fan is that boston crashes and burns this year because of a signing like this.

little more needs be said...

u took the words right out of my mouth. except, the celtics weren't the best team before either. lol:rockon:

west
02-27-2009, 06:05 PM
Maybe it's just me but i feel like the Cavs fans got a even bigger mouth than the Lakers fans these days.

MMM
02-27-2009, 06:06 PM
why are cavs fans (not all of them) but i've ran into more then a handful of them that have become very over confident. Where does there over confidence come from if anyone deserves to be over confident i'll say it is Laker fans but even they have not gone over board the way some Cavs fan have despite being a more proven team going to the finals last year and what not. What exactly has this Cavs team proven?

hofe23
02-27-2009, 06:07 PM
you know how many times we hear that? 2 things happen, ether the person stays on the site and continues to annoy the $hit out of us or they actually leave and make another account like yourself. so **** off.

w.e. all that matters is the cavs are gonna win the finals this year, no questions asked

hofe23
02-27-2009, 06:10 PM
why are cavs fans (not all of them) but i've ran into more then a handful of them that have become very over confident. Where does there over confidence come from if anyone deserves to be over confident i'll say it is Laker fans but even they have not gone over board the way some Cavs fan have despite being a more proven team going to the finals last year and what not. What exactly has this Cavs team proven?

that they are just as good, if not better than any team in the league. cavs fan have a reason to be confident

D-Rose
02-27-2009, 06:10 PM
Let's hope he screws that team up. :cheers:

highwhey
02-27-2009, 06:12 PM
w.e. all that matters is the cavs are gonna win the finals this year, no questions asked
It's good to have dreams, realizing them is a whole other chapter. Cavs are a great team, a legit contender, but they aren't the only big boys on the block. It's not certain that they will win, especially with the Lakers and Celtics. If you're only going to share your biased opinion, go to the cavs sub forums. This is the NBA Forums, where we talk about the entire NBA, not just 1 team.

hofe23
02-27-2009, 06:13 PM
Let's hope he screws that team up. :cheers:

the celtics obviously are a good team. i admit that. but stephon marbury is 33 and i dont think he's gonna be able to screw them up, or make them better.

willds09
02-27-2009, 06:30 PM
In your dreams that is.

willds09
02-27-2009, 06:37 PM
that they are just as good, if not better than any team in the league. cavs fan have a reason to be confident
Well don't be mad if u don't make the finals again this year.

dbugz
02-27-2009, 07:04 PM
KG-Stephon reunited :cheers:

Jasper
02-27-2009, 07:29 PM
Happiest day since he was drafted -

He was drafted by the Bucks and dealt immediately.

Players police the players - coach doesn't .

Then Coach Rivers isn't important :confusedshrug:

If celtic's don't win it all = they now have an excuse. :pimp:

AznTacoLover
02-27-2009, 07:36 PM
I just knew he was going to sign with the celtics.:D

Maniak
02-27-2009, 07:38 PM
....And the fun begins....

"Rajon Rondo found in his bedroom today with a knife through his chest."

02-27-2009, 08:24 PM
This is going to help the Celtics greatly. Having another point gaurd in their rotation. Marbury still has game in him too.

MMM
02-27-2009, 08:45 PM

In the Regular season we'll find out about more about the Cavs in the playoffs. Mo Williams has little playoff experience so does Delonte West even their franchise player isn't known for stepping up his game in the 2nd season. Therefore the Cavs seem to be unproven as it gets, however; Cav fans should be confident they do have a really good contending team but what you and some other Cav fans are saying not confidence but arrogance.

Knuck the Ficks
02-27-2009, 09:18 PM
Marbury being your best player is a bad idea.

Marbury being your fifth best player on the other hand is great. I think he'll perform very well in Boston. And that kinda sucks.

shaoyut
02-27-2009, 09:26 PM
Boston is so talented

Real Men Wear Green
02-28-2009, 09:32 AM
By the end of the season, I expect to see Marbury widely acknowledged as the best back-up point guard in the league. One game isn't enough to be 100% sure, but he doesn't appear to have lost his game, and as he gets his legs back (he stayed in shape but there's no substitute for playing) he's going to excel.

Cannonball
02-28-2009, 09:36 AM
By the end of the season, I expect to see Marbury widely acknowledged as the best back-up point guard in the league. One game isn't enough to be 100% sure, but he doesn't appear to have lost his game, and as he gets his legs back (he stayed in shape but there's no substitute for playing) he's going to excel.
really???? wow man genius genius I tell you genius.

Real Men Wear Green
02-28-2009, 09:59 AM
Is there a reason why you've decided to reply to me today, or are you just boosting your post count? I'd rather not be dealing with someone that has no interesting point to make, your attempts at sarcasm are about as subtle as a sledgehammer...and half as clever.

niko
02-28-2009, 10:23 AM
Marbury being your best player is a bad idea.

Marbury being your fifth best player on the other hand is great. I think he'll perform very well in Boston. And that kinda sucks.

i don't think him perfirming well sucks. Seriously, the knicks didn't use him, we asked him to give money back, he did. Let him go play now. We shouldn't wish him ill, he's a jerk - we don't need to pile on. Maybe sitting out almost a year matured him a bit.

LJJ
02-28-2009, 10:26 AM
I'm going to get that jersey for when I go on vacation to NYC. The championship jersey.

TheWitness
02-28-2009, 12:51 PM
Marbury will kill the Celtics' supposed championship run...

its official.. it will be the Cavs and the Lakers on NBA finals!