PDA

View Full Version : Allen Iverson to the bench;Rip back in starting lineup

hoopaddict08
02-27-2009, 03:31 PM
[QUOTE]

francesco totti
02-27-2009, 03:52 PM
I dont know why AI is allowing to take this insults from pistons organization and fanbase just for money, I am highly disappointed at that. Buy out your contract for even one dollar..
Stuckey & Hamilton over AI, what a load of joke is this...

lilmarcgasol
02-27-2009, 03:55 PM
good now the Pistons will start winning with an amazing huge backcourt of Stuckey and Hamilton, and AI nut huggers won't be able to say anything because it will be proof that AI was cancerous and a team killer.

baseketball4life
02-27-2009, 03:56 PM
Curry is a ****tard. Iverson/Rip is the only good combination for them yet he's in love with that Stuckey guy. Stuckey has a bright future but he's not better than Iverson or Rip right now so he shouldn't start.

francesco totti
02-27-2009, 03:59 PM
I hope AI is faking the injury, and he keeps faking it till the end of the year lol..

I dont want to see AI in pistons jersey ever again in my life

mattevans11
02-27-2009, 03:59 PM
I dont know why AI is allowing to take this insults from pistons organization and fanbase just for money, I am highly disappointed at that. Buy out your contract for even one dollar..
Stuckey & Hamilton over AI, what a load of joke is this...

This is actually a good idea, something is obviously not working for Detroit and they need a change. I think AI is much more help coming off the bench than RIP. AI does not need anyone else on the court to do his thing. He pretty much plays one-on-five anyway. The guy has taken so many shots in his career, he will be lucky if his arms don't fall off. He will get his with the second unit, then curry gets to call who finishes the games based on the play in that particular game.

While this trade has backfired for the pistons, they still have to do what is best for the organization. The best thing at this point is to have Stuckey running the point and hamilton at the two. This will get them more ready for next season. They will be able to sign some guys this summer, and i can ASSURE you that Dumars has seen enough of AI and wouldnt sign him for the veteran's minimum. I am sure that Dumars regrets letting billups for for "the answer"(who is actually the problem), but he will be able to start back at square one after sheed and "the problem" comes off the books.

JustinJDW
02-27-2009, 04:01 PM
Nice move. Should have been done weeks ago. Iverson can't carry the offensive load anymore. It would just be better for him to come off the Bench as the 6th Man and put more pressure on their opponent with the Second Unit.

kumquat
02-27-2009, 04:01 PM
Should have been done a long time ago. Now watch iverson ***** and moan from the bench.

I should be a starter blah blah, everywhere I've played i've been a starter blah blah

Smokee
02-27-2009, 04:03 PM
You should probably blame Dumars since i'm pretty sure Stuckey is the reason they got rid of Chauncy. I agree Stuckey sucks and is highly overrated here. I still remember the threads here talking about Stuckey's greatness after he dropped some 30-pt night :rolleyes:

Anyways Stuckey can't carry the team whatsoever if they want to pretend the fault was AI dominating the ball too much. He'll have like 1 good game out of 5 or some crap like that, and there will be some thread after that 1 game calling him GOAT here, bet :ohwell:

NYK-Bball
02-27-2009, 04:05 PM
Curry is a ****tard. Iverson/Rip is the only good combination for them yet he's in love with that Stuckey guy. Stuckey has a bright future but he's not better than Iverson or Rip right now so he shouldn't start.

+1 Its like Stuckey is giving him BJ's wtf is wrong with him.

boozehound
02-27-2009, 04:07 PM
You should probably blame Dumars since i'm pretty sure Stuckey is the reason they got rid of Chauncy. I agree Stuckey sucks and is highly overrated here. I still remember the threads here talking about Stuckey's greatness after he dropped some 30-pt night :rolleyes:

Anyways Stuckey can't carry the team whatsoever if they want to pretend the fault was AI dominating the ball too much. He'll have like 1 good game out of 5 or some crap like that, and there will be some thread after that 1 game calling him GOAT here, bet :ohwell:
actually, chancy and his agent initiated the trade talks. they came to dumars and asked for him to look for a trade that chancy would like. they recognized that he and stuckey wouldnt coexist for too much longer. Do i think it was premature? Sure.

boozehound
02-27-2009, 04:08 PM
I hope AI is faking the injury, and he keeps faking it till the end of the year lol..

I dont want to see AI in pistons jersey ever again in my life
Dont you just hate douchey stans? So if AI averagesd 50pts/game but his team lost 70 games you'd be happy? hes gonna thrive in this role if he lets himself (and frankly he should be ready to assume this role for the rest of his career).

chains5000
02-27-2009, 04:10 PM
They had to make changes to the lineup after all these losses, AI's fault or not.
I don't know what they expect from Stuckey though, who do they think he is?

JJ81
02-27-2009, 04:12 PM
:applause: Rip should have never been sent to the bench

willds09
02-27-2009, 04:17 PM
The pistons are going to get worse, very bad idea.

picc84
02-27-2009, 04:22 PM
This mancrush on Stuckey the Pistons have is not healthy.

Vancouver-Grizz
02-27-2009, 04:22 PM
:applause: Rip should have never been sent to the bench

Agree....Should of been stuckey on the bench till next year.

Iverson/Hamilton is the best combo for them right now.

shadow
02-27-2009, 05:03 PM
They have issues, had issues even before AI got there. They're just using him as a scapegoat. I doubt this makes THAT much of an impact. AI deserves better.

-M-I
02-27-2009, 05:06 PM
I can't wait for this and when they keep playing and looking like sh*t, who are they gonna blame it on then?

oh the horror
02-27-2009, 05:13 PM
I can't wait for this and when they keep playing and looking like sh*t, who are they gonna blame it on then?

Thats easy, they'll go for Stuckey next.

miles berg
02-27-2009, 05:32 PM
I have always thought Allen Iverson was perfect for the 6th man role. Starters like Manu Ginobili & Jason Terry are making that 6th man position mean something again and Iverson can join right in with them and give the Pistons a dynamic they havent had.

But, in the end, it really doesnt matter who starts, Stuckey or Iverson, as long as Rip is in the starting lineup. They should have never benched Rip for Stuckey or Iverson, that was a dumb move.

OneMoreSucka
02-27-2009, 05:48 PM
I'm going to LOL if they go on a 6+ win streak after this.

H2whoa
02-27-2009, 05:53 PM
I love how the actual Pistons fans and people that actually watch the game know Stuckey should be on the bench.

It's the others that hurt us.

mattevans11
02-27-2009, 05:59 PM

considering the lost their last eight games, it would be really hard not to get some sort of statistical improvement from this move..... i think we will be more likely to hear that the pistons are doing well since the move of AI to the bench, than it is stuckeys fault now. if they go on to lose their next eight games..... everyone will be blamed....

GET USED TO THE BENCH IVERSON........... or go to europe or retire for all i care

one of the most OVERRATED players of ALL time.

The_Yearning
02-27-2009, 06:31 PM
yall chumps gonna lose to OrLANDO

Fatal_Flaw
02-27-2009, 06:40 PM
The pistons are going to get worse, very bad idea.

the pistons can't get much worse. they've lost 8 straight and have gone 4-12 since rip got benched. i've been saying for months that ai should have been benched before rip.

i'll say this though. ai's ego is gonna be in for a rude awakening now and this summer. if ai wants any chance at a ring, he better get used to coming off the bench as a sixth man. no contender is gonna pick him up in the summer and insert him in the starting lineup.

francesco totti
02-27-2009, 06:44 PM
You also forget that pistons went on a six game winning streak without RIP( injured), and AI - Stuckey being starters.

4 - 12 is thanks to the schedule, which was quite tough for the pistons.

DeuceWallaces
This is how it should be. Stuckey has played poorly the past 6 weeks, but all you idiots just can't ignore what he did the last half of last year, last years playoffs, and the start of this year because of a bad stretch where the team is in shambles all around him. He still distributes well and can defend better than Iverson. Not like he's jacking up 17 shots a night while averaging 35%.

stephanieg
I'm glad the Pistons have been having all these nationally televised games lately. Suns too. I like watching slow motion train wrecks.

KempSonics
02-27-2009, 06:47 PM
Christ, I've seen so many uninformed morons post in 1 thread.

FACTS:

1. Stuckey is starting because he is a point guard. He can run the offense. He has struggled the past three weeks as he hit the wall. Prior to that, since becoming a starter, he averaged 16 points, 6 assists and 4 rebounds a game(Spanning Dec and Jan), while shooting 50% from the field and averaging 2 turnovers. He is a second year player. Chill the *** out with the "Stuckey sucks" crap you idiots.

2. Dumars traded Billups for a couple reasons. First, the trade clears loads of cap space for 2009 and 2010 which could set teh team up for another prolonged run of success. They have replacement on board (Stuckey). Also he figured AI would energize the team and help them with playoff scoring. It had nothing to do with Dumars thinking AI was a better fit than Chauncey. Chauncey did NOT want to leave. He heard the rumors that he may be dealt so his agent asked Dumars to trade his client to Denver if the situation called for it.

3. They are not benching AI because they think he sucks. They have tried everything else and nothing has worked. Maybe this helps? They have to try it. Hamilton gives the starting unit better cohesion and defense. Someone they are familiar with. Iverson can be a great energetic 6th man and can kill the opponents' bench. The team seems to play better with Hamilton on the floor.

What else can I answer for you uninformed gentlemen?

willds09
02-27-2009, 06:47 PM
the pistons can't get much worse. they've lost 8 straight and have gone 4-12 since rip got benched. i've been saying for months that ai should have been benched before rip.

i'll say this though. ai's ego is gonna be in for a rude awakening now and this summer. if ai wants any chance at a ring, he better get used to coming off the bench as a sixth man. no contender is gonna pick him up in the summer and insert him in the starting lineup.
No contender would pick him up as a starter?? I heard some crazy things, but damn that is some pure crazy $hit u just said. Smh

KempSonics
02-27-2009, 06:49 PM
You Iverson groupies are pathetic.

Grow up. Root for a damn team not an individual player.

hoopaddict08
02-27-2009, 06:53 PM
People need to understand the reason why Rodney Stuckey isn't going to the bench is because they want him to develop as their starting point guard. It's nothing against Allen Iverson, and believe me, I don't think he should be coming off the bench. But, it's clear he doesn't have a future as Piston, so why not make this move? I love Iverson as a player but unfortunately, I don't think he is ever going to win a Championship. He has sacrificed a lot coming to this team, and for whatever reason it just hasn't been enough.

sportsfan76
02-27-2009, 06:56 PM
Curry again proved again he is too WEAK to be a NBA coach since it was reported on PTI yesterday that RIP spoke out publicly and said he wanted to be back in the starting lineup and then BAMM he back in just like that. Damm he is a softy.

H2whoa
02-27-2009, 07:04 PM
1. Stuckey is starting because he is a point guard.
FOR THE LAST TIME.

RODNEY NORVELL STUCKEY IS NOT A FRICKEN POINT GUARD.

Fatal_Flaw
02-27-2009, 07:09 PM
No contender would pick him up as a starter?? I heard some crazy things, but damn that is some pure crazy $hit u just said. Smh

that's right i said it. if u disagree, name me a contender who would pick up ai in the offseason and give him a starting spot. i'll wait...

francesco totti
02-27-2009, 07:15 PM
that's right i said it. if u disagree, name me a contender who would pick up ai in the offseason and give him a starting spot. i'll wait...

Orlando, Miami, cleveland, Utah, Dallas, Houston, Portland..
I think many teams will be intersted.Lakers, spurs and boston wont.

Insult AI as much as you want along with your pistons fanbase, but AI will have more fans then Pistons will ever have.

You Iverson groupies are pathetic.

Grow up. Root for a damn team not an individual player.

I dont live in USA.

willds09
02-27-2009, 07:18 PM
People need to understand the reason why Rodney Stuckey isn't going to the bench is because they want him to develop as their starting point guard. It's nothing against Allen Iverson, and believe me, I don't think he should be coming off the bench. But, it's clear he doesn't have a future as Piston, so why not make this move? I love Iverson as a player but unfortunately, I don't think he is ever going to win a Championship. He has sacrificed a lot coming to this team, and for whatever reason it just hasn't been enough.
Never say never, everybody thought marbury will never win a ring, but he for damn sure will have a chance to win it this year, so anything is possible.

willds09
02-27-2009, 07:20 PM
FOR THE LAST TIME.

Wtf lol norvell lol

willds09
02-27-2009, 07:22 PM
I know u are not serious lol

Cannonball
02-27-2009, 07:25 PM
i took pistions to cover... step it up rip

AznTacoLover
02-27-2009, 07:26 PM
yay! finally trying something diffrent.
Allen would be a huge boost to the bench.

Human Error
02-27-2009, 07:29 PM
You also forget that pistons went on a six game winning streak without RIP( injured), and AI - Stuckey being starters.

4 - 12 is thanks to the schedule, which was quite tough for the pistons.
So 4-12 is only thanks to the schedule while 6-0 isn't?

Iverson in the starting lineup just doesn't work, and Iverson isn't even in the Pistons' long term plan. There's zero reason to keep starting Iverson.

francesco totti
02-27-2009, 07:31 PM
So 4-12 is only thanks to the schedule while 6-0 isn't?

Iverson in the starting lineup just doesn't work, and Iverson isn't even in the Pistons' long term plan. There's zero reason to keep starting Iverson.

Hi arf05, glove 20 :cheers:

Mateo
02-27-2009, 07:31 PM

Name the team.

Celtics? No.
Spurs? No.
Jazz? No.
Cavs? No.
Magic? No.
Lakers? Nope. Even though they don't have a good PG, AI would be terrible in the triangle. Bad IQ and bad jumpshot is the worst combination for the triangle. Payton was better fitting and even he sucked at it.

The only team that would maybe give him a chance is Houston if Lowry can't take the next step.

ihatetimthomas
02-27-2009, 07:33 PM
This is the smartest move by the Pistons this year. Let AI become purely a scorer off the bench. Let him pick apart 2nd units on other teams. Let him do what he does best, and thats score. He will have no pressure of defering to others and will likely thrive. At this point, I think its best for AI to become a scoring 6th man

Fatal_Flaw
02-27-2009, 07:41 PM
I know u are not serious lol

i'm dead serious. i can tell u can't think of any teams cuz u replied without answering my challenge. :oldlol: at least francesco totti tried.

Orlando, Miami, cleveland, Utah, Dallas, Houston, Portland..
I think many teams will be intersted.

1. dallas ain't even a contender

2. keep in mind that we're talking about ai as a starter. no gm in their right mind will sign ai to pair him up with another ball-dominant guard. that takes out miami, utah, houston, and portland.

3. cleveland already has a ball-dominant player in lebron. plus, the cavs are arguably the best team in the league and already have a solid backcourt w/ mo williams and delonte west. why give ai a starting spot and ruin the chemistry?

4. orlando just traded for skip to my lou. before that, they had an all-star guard in jameer nelson. they'll be more concerned about keeping hedo than signing ai.

embersyc
02-27-2009, 07:48 PM
AI not really going to the bench, he is injured so he isn't playing at all. When he comes back I'm sure Curry will change the line-up for the thousandth time.

Maniak
02-27-2009, 07:49 PM
When in doubt, waive him and send him to Boston.

hoopaddict08
02-27-2009, 07:53 PM
FOR THE LAST TIME.

I might be wrong but I think a lot of people didn't consider Chauncey a point guard when he started out in the league. Whether people consider Stuckey one or not, the Pistons want him as one.

willds09
02-27-2009, 07:53 PM
i'm dead serious. i can tell u can't think of any teams cuz u replied without answering my challenge. :oldlol: at least francesco totti tried.

1. dallas ain't even a contender

2. keep in mind that we're talking about ai as a starter. no gm in their right mind will sign ai to pair him up with another ball-dominant guard. that takes out miami, utah, houston, and portland.

3. cleveland already has a ball-dominant player in lebron. plus, the cavs are arguably the best team in the league and already have a solid backcourt w/ mo williams and delonte west. why give ai a starting spot and ruin the chemistry?

4. orlando just traded for skip to my lou. before that, they had an all-star guard in jameer nelson. they'll be more concerned about keeping hedo than signing ai.
Houston, orlando, lakers, cavs, blazers, jazz, hornets (cp3 and iverson would kill), spurs, any contending team would pick him up, end of story.

CelticForce1349
02-27-2009, 08:26 PM

It might not be all his fault. I think Dumars is in love with Stuckey. Playing Stuckey might be necessary to keep Dumars happy after giving away Billups.

lolwut
02-27-2009, 08:26 PM
He's out because of an injury, he's not even in town. When he comes back I would imagine he'll be back in the starting lineup. The Pistons aren't going to become awesome overnight because AI isn't in the lineup lol. They'll continue to be mediocre at very best.

hoopaddict08
02-27-2009, 08:44 PM
AI not really going to the bench, he is injured so he isn't playing at all. When he comes back I'm sure Curry will change the line-up for the thousandth time.

I'm pretty sure it's official that he is coming off the bench, and not just because of injury. But let's hope this is the final lineup, I can't stand to watch anymore changes.

http://www.nba.com/pistons/news/truebluepistons.html

sportsfan76
02-27-2009, 08:54 PM

you mean he is going to pretend to be injured

sportsfan76
02-27-2009, 08:56 PM
well if AI is not with the team why is this even a story? I thought the Curry made the decision while AI was with the team and healthy to play. This story is a waste of my eyesight.

rox fa sho
02-27-2009, 08:57 PM
the pistons screwed up when they started stuckey and ai in the backcourt. thats just stupid

you have ai at pg, rip hamilton at sg, prince at sf not pf. then use dice and sheed for the 4/5. small ball was hurting them now they have a losing record.

so stupid puttin rip on the bench. that was one of the worst moves a teams ever made prolly. thats like putting kobe on the bench. not that hes good as kobe but that he's their best sg. got confused that stuckey would be a better starter.

sportsfan76
02-27-2009, 08:58 PM

If Curry changes the starting lineup again when AI gets back then he will just be making himself looking more stupid.

hoopaddict08
02-27-2009, 08:59 PM
well if AI is not with the team why is this even a story? I thought the Curry made the decision while AI was with the team and healthy to play. This story is a waste of my eyesight.

A waste of your eyesight? Did you even read the story? When he comes back, he is going to be coming off the bench. Re-read the quote from Curry and I think you can figure it out. Thanks for wasting my eyesight for having to explain it to you :rolleyes:

sportsfan76
02-27-2009, 09:01 PM
A waste of your eyesight? Did you even read the story? When he comes back, he is going to be coming off the bench. Re-read the quote from Curry and I think you can figure it out. Thanks for wasting my eyesight for having to explain it to you :rolleyes:

Actually i only read the first couple of sentences and then ESPN was reporting it so I thought that AI was being told he is coming off the bench.

sportsfan76
02-27-2009, 09:05 PM

I only read the part the OP post in the thread, i never read the article. Well I guess Stuckey will be on the bench because RIP was already saying he is no longer coming off the bench

lolwut
02-27-2009, 09:06 PM
I only read the part the OP post in the thread, i never read the article. Well I guess Stuckey will be on the bench because RIP was already saying he is no longer coming off the bench

I'd put Stuckey on the bench and let AI run the point when he comes back, that's for sure.

hoopaddict08
02-27-2009, 09:07 PM
Actually i only read the first couple of sentences and then ESPN was reporting it so I thought that AI was being told he is coming off the bench.

Curry did tell him that was going to come off the bench. He said he had the same look on his face as Rip when he was told he would be the sixth man.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
02-27-2009, 09:35 PM
why is iverson not playing tonight?

hoopaddict08
02-27-2009, 09:44 PM

He injured his back in Miami, finished the game. Than against New Orleans he played about 8 mins before his back tightened up. So pretty much just a sore back.

H2whoa
02-27-2009, 09:44 PM
Injured back in the game a couple nights ago.

hito da god
02-27-2009, 10:40 PM
I'm going to LOL if they go on a 6+ win streak after this.
i'm gonna laugh and then say 'i knew it.'

stuckey.and1
02-27-2009, 11:01 PM
Stuckey > AI

don't let hollywood fool you

willds09
02-27-2009, 11:33 PM
Stuckey > AI

Don't let that crackpipe fool u lol

oh the horror
02-28-2009, 12:09 AM
Stuckey > AI

Thats just insane.

Having Rip start though, was a definate move in the right direction though.