PDA

View Full Version : GOATs in Other Sports

Charles_Oakley
03-02-2009, 12:15 PM
My guesstimate is that when it comes to basketball about 70-75% of all people who know about the sport would choose Jordan as the GOAT. Then there will be votes for Wilt, Kareem, Russell etc. I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong, I'm just stating that this is what I feel.

What about other sports? I don't have enough background to make an educated guess in all of the sports.

Hockey: Gretzky (80+% maybe?)

Football:

Baseball:

Soccer: (Maradona and Pele both 40% each maybe)

Is it more competitive for GOAT in other sports or is there a more clearcut GOAT candidate than Jordan?

quasimoto
03-02-2009, 12:22 PM
Soccer: Maradona
Tennis: Federer

Scott Pippen
03-02-2009, 12:26 PM
NFL

Offense:

Jim Brown
Sweetness
Rice

Defense:

L.T.

:applause:

GMW
03-02-2009, 12:27 PM
:no:

quasimoto
03-02-2009, 12:28 PM
You don't think it's Sampras right?

Mikaiel
03-02-2009, 12:29 PM
Soccer : Zidane

Football : LT

Boxing : Ali

west
03-02-2009, 12:31 PM

Maradona>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Zidane
nobody ever is better than Maradona

chains5000
03-02-2009, 12:32 PM

You're French, right?
He should be considered.

bisk
03-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Many will argue with the Federer choice, but once he wins Roland Garros no one can have any doubt anymore.

chains5000
03-02-2009, 12:33 PM
Maradona>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Zidane
How old are you?
Have you ever watched Di Estefano or Pele play (highlights aside)?

west
03-02-2009, 12:38 PM
How old are you?
Have you ever watched Di Estefano or Pele play (highlights aside)?
I'm might be bias as a Barcelona fan but Di Estefano????

OKC Basketball
03-02-2009, 12:39 PM
Marijuana smoking : Micheal Phelps

NOHCP3
No consensus GOAT in football some would say Montana, Rice, LT.

GOAT Pitcher......... maybe Nolan Ryan

GOAT Hitter :Ruth and or Aaron...... dont really know lots of rampid Roid usage.

Boxing consensus Ali

CasterL
i agree zidane is the best soccer player ive ever seen, and im english, im supposed 2 hate the french. probably my fav ever player and he hasnt even played for my team. If u dont give zidane consideration for goat then you know nothing about football

CasterL
03-02-2009, 12:41 PM
No consensus GOAT in football some would say Montana, Rice, LT.

GOAT Pitcher......... maybe Nolan Ryan

GOAT Hitter :Ruth and or Aaron...... dont really know lots of rampid Roid usage.

Boxing consensus Ali

wrong, whilst ali is known as the greatest he isnt considered the best ever. sugar ray robinson was the best boxer ever even ali would tell u that. although i agree with you most people would say hes the goat

chains5000
03-02-2009, 12:41 PM
I'm might be bias as a Barcelona fan but Di Estefano????
He was considered his era's GOAT, just isn't known that much because of when he played.

Riker
03-02-2009, 12:45 PM
Is it more competitive for GOAT in other sports or is there a more clearcut GOAT candidate than Jordan?

Jordan - clearcut.

As for other sports - listen to me, not to these crazy fanboys;

Hockey: Gretzky

Tennis: Sampras

Football: Montana

Baseball: Babe Ruth

Soccer: Ronaldo (not Cristiano)

end thread.

west
03-02-2009, 12:46 PM
He was considered his era's GOAT, just isn't known that much because of when he played.
i have never seen him play,i know that he had 5 straght European Cup and all that,but i haven't seen anyone consider him GOAT other than Real Madrid fan

quasimoto
03-02-2009, 12:50 PM
Soccer: Ronaldo (not Cristiano)

?

Ronaldo is definitely one of the most talented players ever but to say he's the goat? When he played he was basically unstoppable but he didn't live for his sport, plus he was extremely injury prone. It's a shame really, because he had all the tools to make it. In terms of physical qualities he was superior to everyone else and he was deadly efficient. Still, there are at least 10 players who had a better career than Ronny.

NOHCP3
03-02-2009, 12:54 PM
wrong, whilst ali is known as the greatest he isnt considered the best ever. sugar ray robinson was the best boxer ever even ali would tell u that. although i agree with you most people would say hes the goat

Real hardcore boxing fans would say sugar ray youre right. But he falls victim to fighting so long ago. :lol Are you sure that Ali would say that?

NVM just youtubed to where Ali said he was the greatest pound for pound heavyweight and that Sugar Ray was the best pound for pound boxer ever

Dasher
03-02-2009, 12:55 PM
Ice Soccer:Gretzky, with Bobby Orr having an argument.

Boxing: Sugar Ray Robinson

Football: Reggie White

Baseball: Willie Mays, then Rickey Henderson
Pitcher: Satchel Paige

Tennis: Martina Navratilova

Soccer: Pele

InfiniteBaskets
03-02-2009, 12:59 PM
Not an avid fan of either sport but I would say Tiger Woods comes to mind in golf and Wayne Gretzky comes to mind in hockey.

Also, the tennis debate is between Sampras, Federer, and possibly Nadal but Nadal still has more work to do before he can really be considered as the best. Although I would say Nadal has more potential to out do Sampras and Federer than LeBron has to out do Jordan.

If Federer wins Roland Garros or two more slams, I'd say he's the GOAT of tennis but that may be short lived seeing as how there will be a time when Federer will decline but Nadal will still be in his prime.

Mikaiel
03-02-2009, 12:59 PM

Most people would say Pel

Riker
03-02-2009, 01:02 PM
?

Ronaldo is definitely one of the most talented players ever but to say he's the goat? When he played he was basically unstoppable but he didn't live for his sport, plus he was extremely injury prone. It's a shame really, because he had all the tools to make it. In terms of physical qualities he was superior to everyone else and he was deadly efficient. Still, there are at least 10 players who had a better career than Ronny.

Hmm...yes he had some BAD LUCK in his career...

He also had probably the GOAT COMEBACK in football, in 2002 World Cup

From PSV days he was a beast.

Barcelona he had 1 goal per game average.

Inter....ok that Moratti prick had money and had practically italian version of Real but...at least they won UEFA cup LOL against Lazio

Quickest ever. Deadly. Unstopabble. I don't know.

Maybe it's hard to pick GOAT footballer because there are many players on the team and they each got completely different roles...but...

GOAT attacker? I think that's undebatable.

west
03-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Mikaiel:France is my fav national team,Zidane is one of my fav player ever,but he is not GOAT,top 5 ever in my opinion

Riker
03-02-2009, 01:07 PM
Yeah I'm half French and I live in France, so I might not be the most objective guy :oldlol:

Qu'est-ce que c'est, I got uncle in St Jean de Maurienne...next time I go visit him, we'll meet and I'll beat you in one-on-one basketball so you can stop bullying me on the forum, oui, si'l vous plait? Bon!

BankShot
03-02-2009, 01:21 PM

How about you actually contribute?? Waving a finger and not posting your answer just makes you look like an f'n idiot. :no: :no:

Anyways, the team sports like baseball and football have too many different roles to have a consensus GOAT.

For instance, in baseball, a handful of pitchers could be considered the GOAT pitcher, but since they don't impact the entire game like Jordan did (offense and defense) it wouldn't be right to give them the all-encompassing title of GOAT.

Same goes with (American) football, as at least in the modern era, players would only be on the field for half the game. Sure you could make an argument for players to be the GOAT at certain positions, i.e. Rice at WR, Peyton at RB, Taylor at LB, but none of them have the encompassing presence on the field to be dubbed the GOAT football player.

Mikaiel
03-02-2009, 01:23 PM
but he is not GOAT,top 5 ever in my opinion

Yeah that might be more reasonable. I don't really think he's the GOAT, just wanted to mention his name because probably nobody else was gonna mention him and he deserved it.

BTW, living in France is a pain the ass. They think Zidane is a god and Tony Parker is the best player in the NBA. F*cking annoying :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Obviously those who know basketball don't think that about Tony Parker, but the media and everyone else ? Hell, I even saw talk shows debating if he could one day surpass MJ :banghead: And Parker answered "No, I only have 3 rings". Moron.

Erathia
03-02-2009, 01:29 PM
Basketball: Oscar Robertson

Hockey: Wayne Gretzky

Golf: Tiger Woods

Baseball: Willie Mayes

ikoiko
03-02-2009, 01:30 PM
don bradman is probably the most clear cut GOAT in any major sport.

Bradman's career Test batting average of 99.94 has been claimed to be statistically the greatest achievement in any major sport

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Bradman

A.M.G.
03-02-2009, 01:35 PM
WEAK. The man has won like a dozen gold medals for your country, and now he's the bad guy because he smokes a little bud like millions of Americans his age? **** anyone who thinks Michael Phelps isn't still one of the greatest Olympians ever, and the greatest swimmer of all time, because of him smoking marijuana.

Riker
03-02-2009, 01:36 PM
Yeah that might be more reasonable. I don't really think he's the GOAT, just wanted to mention his name because probably nobody else was gonna mention him and he deserved it.

BTW, living in France is a pain the ass. They think Zidane is a god and Tony Parker is the best player in the NBA. F*cking annoying :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Obviously those who know basketball don't think that about Tony Parker, but the media and everyone else ? Hell, I even saw talk shows debating if he could one day surpass MJ :banghead: And Parker answered "No, I only have 3 rings". Moron.

LOL

Can I ask why do you like that Knucks? Is it cos he has mad hangtime and climb the walls? I'm a Sonic nerd myself...I still play my Mega Drive :eek: NBA Jam >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Every country is biased when it comes to players in international teams.

But Tony Parker is a hell of a player none the less......I don't understand his rap though....

west
03-02-2009, 01:38 PM
But the reason being "No, I only have 3 rings" is just.....

Harry Potty
03-02-2009, 01:41 PM
Anybody who would choose Jordan as the 'GOAT' hasn't seen or heard of Wilton Norman Chamberlain.

Seymour Glass
03-02-2009, 01:44 PM

Tennis: Bjorn Borg

Football: Jim Brown

Baseball: Willie Mays

Boxing: Ali

MJ(Mean John)
03-02-2009, 01:45 PM
Golf: Tiger
Baseball:Babe Ruth (Dude has a candy bar..lol)<-- I dont like baseball
Soccer: Pele.
Football: Offense: Brett Favre
Defense: Ray Lewis
Tennis: The sisters.lol

LJJ
03-02-2009, 01:45 PM
SMH @ Zidane and Ronaldo.

Mikaiel
03-02-2009, 01:49 PM
Can I ask why do you like that Knucks? Is it cos he has mad hangtime and climb the walls? I'm a Sonic nerd myself...I still play my Mega Drive :eek:

Yeah I just loved Sonic. Well I still do, those games on Mega Drive were epic :cheers: Now Sonic is just a joke :cry:

And look at Knuckles, what color is he ? Wine and Gold :lol

CasterL
03-02-2009, 01:56 PM
shake ur head at zidane all you want but ur a retard if u think he dosent have a case for goat. ronaldo isnt a candiidate but zidane is.

for me its definatley zidane or maradonna for goat footballer as i havnt seen pele. marradona was a better goalscorer and better at going alone, but zidane had magical vision and passing, ridiculous touch, as did marradonna, and zidane was a better team leader, creator and less selfish.

A. Blackmon
03-02-2009, 02:02 PM
GOAT running back = Barry Sanders.

BankShot
03-02-2009, 02:05 PM
GOAT running back = Barry Sanders.

Even that is questionable... the legacy of Walter Peyton would be able to argue otherwise. I'm not saying Sanders wasn't one of the GOAT running backs, but even he respected and was in awe of Sweetness.

Riker
03-02-2009, 02:06 PM
And look at Knuckles, what color is he ? Wine and Gold :lol

Did you just proclaim the second coolest video game character and my youth hero...a CAVALIER?

GUARDSSSSS!

2 Harry Potty: Wilt can not be considered GOAT. Stat freak, yes. Dominant, yes. But Shaq was more. And still is. Wilt can not be the GOAT.

Boxing: Ali? I'll take Tyson.

LJJ
03-02-2009, 02:09 PM
shake ur head at zidane all you want but ur a retard if u think he dosent have a case for goat. ronaldo isnt a candiidate but zidane is.

for me its definatley zidane or maradonna for goat footballer as i havnt seen pele. marradona was a better goalscorer and better at going alone, but zidane had magical vision and passing, ridiculous touch, as did marradonna, and zidane was a better team leader, creator and less selfish.

Who are you calling a retard *****? I'll rape your mother and shyt in her mouth afterwards.

Zidane is becoming more overrated every day since he has been retired. He never was the undisputed best player in the world. His accolades are completely underwhelming for him to be considered GOAT. Ronaldo has way more accolades to be honest.
He was only awarded best French player twice in his career. That not best European or global player, only best French player. And it's not like he got robbed either. Zidane was a consistent top 20 player during his prime, but that's no reason to call him the GOAT.

db23
03-02-2009, 02:11 PM
Only consensus GOATS are Jordan, Gretzky, Woods and Sugar Ray Robinson.Only people who think Ali was the greatest ever were those that thought he was good looking and charasmatic and believed his hyperbole about being the greatest, and had no interest in boxing (which accounts for 99% of population).

Myth
03-02-2009, 02:14 PM
WEAK. The man has won like a dozen gold medals for your country, and now he's the bad guy because he smokes a little bud like millions of Americans his age? **** anyone who thinks Michael Phelps isn't still one of the greatest Olympians ever, and the greatest swimmer of all time, because of him smoking marijuana.

OKC never said he was a bad guy. Many consider pot smoking a good thing. And even if he does think it makes him a bad guy, I doubt the guy thinks less of him as a swimmer.

CasterL
03-02-2009, 02:22 PM
Who are you calling a retard *****? I'll rape your mother and shyt in her mouth afterwards.Zidane is becoming more overrated every day since he has been retired. He never was the undisputed best player in the world. His accolades are completely underwhelming for him to be considered GOAT. Ronaldo has way more accolades to be honest.
He was only awarded best French player twice in his career. That not best European or global player, only best French player. And it's not like he got robbed either. Zidane was a consistent top 20 player during his prime, but that's no reason to call him the GOAT.

hah jog on little boy, proved my point u are indeed a retard

french player of the year? dont make me laugh. zidane has the most fifa world player of the year awards since it started, 3 1st place, one 2nd and two third.

thiery henry, by comparison got one 2nd place and thats it. no other 'french player of the year' is on the list. spectacular stuff

no1s been overating zidane since he retired, it was comonplace for people to say zidane was the best player in the world right up until he retired

arkain
03-02-2009, 02:26 PM

Sachin Tendulkar is arguable. Bradman never faced much international competition. The competition level back then was nowhere near what it is now.

Test Goat : Bradman
ODI Goat : Tendulkar

lakers_forever
03-02-2009, 02:28 PM
soccer : Pele and it's not close.

Pele is like Wilt (scoring), Russell (titles) and Jordan (first and biggest global superstar) combined.
He has the record titles (3 world cups) and the record scoring (1281 goals) and he was not even a striker, was a 10 like Maradona, in fact everyone including Maradona wore 10 jersey because of Pele

Pele x Maradona
World Cups : played/won 4/3 4 /1
World Cup goals 12 8
Goals career 1281 358
Goals for the NT 77 34

Club titles*
Libertadores/Champions League 2 0
Brazilian/Arg/ Italian titles 5 3
Intercontinental Club 2 0

*Don't give me started with Pele didn't play in Europe. He had a better goal average against european teams. Santos (his team) used to kick european club buttss all the time and every starter of the 58, 62 and 1970 brazilian world cup winning teams played in Brazil, who had possibly the best league in the world on those years.
See this sequence of Santos games in Europe when Pele was 19 :
Wednesday June, 24 1959: Valencia (Spain) 4 x 4 Santos (Pele scored 4 goals)
Friday June 26, 1959 : Internazionale (Italy) 1 x 7 Santos (Pele scored 4 goals)
Sunday June, 28 1959 : Barcelona (Spain) 1 x 5 Santos (Pele scored 2 goals)

I have a list with every single goal Pele scored. I can send to anyone interested.

Plus, Pele was chosen by the top two soccer magazines in the world , France football and World Soccer Magazine as the best player ever and chosen as Athlete of the Century by the International Olympic Committee.

Pele won the world cup with only 17 years old , scoring 5 goals in the last two games. Maradona with 18 was not even drafted for the Argentina team that won the world cup.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_HeMYkvdZq20/STh8reiz-7I/AAAAAAAABlo/f-BukQBRGyo/s400/pel%C3%A9+bicicleta.jpg

Pele and Bobby Moore, perhaps the best english player ever and one of the defenders Pele most respected.
http://www.calciopro.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/pele-moore.jpg

Carbooja
03-02-2009, 02:34 PM
For hockey you guys should look up Bobby Orr, most experts put him ahead of Gretzky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1fMcTq8Esk

Cyclone112
03-02-2009, 03:05 PM
MMA: Fedor Emelianenko

ikoiko
03-02-2009, 03:10 PM
Sachin Tendulkar is arguable. Bradman never faced much international competition. The competition level back then was nowhere near what it is now.

ok, i don't know much about cricket. just saw his numbers compared to all other cricket players and went :eek:

LakerKid1998
03-02-2009, 04:37 PM
The GOAT tree

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_cIdKb8fftY0/Rz4rL-KwVHI/AAAAAAAAAOs/362_3U95MOs/s400/a126_goat1.jpg

Rekindled
03-02-2009, 04:37 PM
track: DA LIGHTNING BOLT!!!!!!!!!!

canadianballer
03-02-2009, 04:43 PM
Ice Soccer:Gretzky, with Bobby Orr having an argument.

get the **** out of here you dont ****en know shit

hockey is the only sport where there is no argument on who the greatest player off all time is

dyna
03-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Baseball - Babe Ruth
Soccer- Maradona and Pele
Hokey - Gretzky
Basketball - Jordan
Boxing - Ali and Ray Robinson
Football - blahhh
Criket - ???

ruslan
03-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Maradona is the goat of soccer, anyone disagreeing is a misinformed individual. pele is close 2nd but I dont think he is better than Maradona. Ronaldo had the potential but injuries ****ed him up but I still rank him as the top striker ever. The man was unbelievable.

sulsuvtut27
get the **** out of here you dont ****en know shit

hockey is the only sport where there is no argument on who the greatest player off all time is

Thank you when your nickname is "THE GREAT ONE" then you are the GOAT of that sport.

Wait a minute according to you its Broduer right:D

iamgine
Soccer: Garrincha is the GOAT. Pele and Maradona is more popular though.

A. Blackmon
03-02-2009, 05:08 PM
Even that is questionable... the legacy of Walter Peyton would be able to argue otherwise. I'm not saying Sanders wasn't one of the GOAT running backs, but even he respected and was in awe of Sweetness.
GTF outta here. No other player could have done what #20 if they played for the sh*tty Lions. And if he hadn't retired early he would be the all-time leading rushing.

Stringer Bell
03-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Muhammad Ali is the consensus greatest heavyweight ever, but most historians rank Ray Robinson above him, and Henry Armstrong gets consideration as #1 also.

For football, usually Jim Brown is considered #1, although I feel Jerry Rice deserves strong consideration as well.

Hockey is Wayne Gretzky.

highwhey
03-02-2009, 07:24 PM
:roll:

bisk
03-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Messi if future GOAT of Soccer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po66XGaO3dM&feature=related

He's playing absoutely ridiculous lately, still 21, has some great goals on his account, carries freaking Barcelona in a lot of games (together with Dani Alves on that wing).
He just needs to win a couple of prizes wirh Argentina and Barca.

And the dude who tried to act all mr. soccer knowledge at the beginning of the thread with Di Estefano. It's Di Stefano. At least get the guys name right.
still, fck Real.

ruslan
03-02-2009, 07:47 PM

He's playing absoutely ridiculous lately, still 21, has some great goals on his account, carries freaking Barcelona in a lot of games (together with Dani Alves on that wing).

And the dude who tried to act all mr. soccer knowledge at the beginning of the thread with Di Estefano. It's Di Stefano. At least get the guys name right.
still, fck Real.

He's the best in the world but let's see if he can win a world cup first. Maradona will always be the GOAT imo

Rekindled
03-02-2009, 07:55 PM
maradona begs to differ

lakers_forever
03-02-2009, 08:08 PM
He's the best in the world but let's see if he can win a world cup first. Maradona will always be the GOAT imo

How can you play 4 world cups and only win one and be the GOAT??
MJ would not be the goat with only 3 nba titles. Dude scored only 356 goals in his career. It's funny how Maradona fans never back their claim with facts and information, they just say Maradona is the best and that's it.
Maradona was a failure at Barcelona. Joined in the World Cup 82 almost the same Argentina team that won the world cup in 78 and failed. Ended the world cup with an embarassing red card against Brazil. Was a true genius in 86. Didn't score a single goal in 90 with his team reaching the final game. Took drugs in 94 and had a sad ending on his career.
Pele was the absolute best player in the world for at least 12 years. Maradona was the best player in the world from 86 to 89, that's it. The early 80's best players were Zico and Platini.

stephanieg
03-02-2009, 08:10 PM
MJ would not be the goat with only 3 nba titles.

:eek:

Anyway, is there anyone in golf who's in the discussion with Tiger? I don't know anything about golf, just curious. Who was the GOAT before him?

lakers_forever
03-02-2009, 08:12 PM

still, fck Real.

With 17 years , Pele was winning the world cup, scoring 5 goals in the last two games. At the same age, Ronaldo was already the best player in the world and much better than Messi is today. Maradona was also a much better player than Messi at the same age.

lakers_forever
03-02-2009, 08:15 PM

Anyway, is there anyone in golf who's in the discussion with Tiger? I don't know anything about golf, just curious. Who was the GOAT before him?

Do you really think that if Jordan had won only 3 titles he would be considered the greatest player ever ???
Some people (I don't though) consider Jabbar and Magic greater than Jordan already, imagine if he stopped winning titles in 93.

Winning , that's what separate players, that's what matters the most. Jordan is the best player ever, because just like Pele, he combined all around skill and crazy stats with the mutiple tiltes.

Say, Wilt had those crazy stats while winning all those titles Russell had, he would be considered the GOAT, no doubt, that was Pele, crazy stats with winning a lot of titles.

lakers_forever
03-02-2009, 08:25 PM

Jack Nicklaus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Nicklaus

stephanieg
03-02-2009, 08:29 PM
Do you really think that if Jordan had won only 3 titles he would be considered the greatest player ever ???

True. If MJ didn't win any titles (let's say Pippen blows out his knee in '91 or he's drafted by a different team with a horrible team that never goes anywhere) Drexler and Kobe >>> Jordan. That's how those team sports go.

GOBB
03-02-2009, 08:30 PM
NFL is hard given offense/defense.

MLB is pretty easy for me. Willie Mays is the GOAT.

NHL i have little clue about. I do know Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemiuex (sp?) have been the elite studs and often argued the greatest. I like Mario more than Wayne. Dude was just bigger, stronger than Wayne.

big baller
03-02-2009, 08:37 PM
Soccer: zidane/maradona
boxing: Ali
Basketball: Jordan
Football: Rice
Tennis: Nadal
Baseball: Babe ruth? :confusedshrug:

Timothy
03-02-2009, 09:01 PM

sulsuvtut27
03-03-2009, 01:34 AM
NFL is hard given offense/defense.

MLB is pretty easy for me. Willie Mays is the GOAT.

NHL i have little clue about. I do know Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemiuex (sp?) have been the elite studs and often argued the greatest. I like Mario more than Wayne. Dude was just bigger, stronger than Wayne.

Hart Trophies:
Wayne-9
Mario-3

Art Ross Trophies:
Wayne-10
Mario-6

Pearson Awards:
Wayne-5
Mario-4

Gretzky has 200+ more goals then Lemieux, has 900+ more assists.

Gretzky had 11 100 assist seasons while Mario had only one. Gretzky had 4 200 point seasons and Lemieux had none.

Gretzky>Lemieux.

strike first
03-03-2009, 01:43 AM
fedor emelianenko

ruslan
03-03-2009, 01:44 AM
maradona > pele

joshwake
03-03-2009, 01:44 AM
anyone that dosnt think Pele is the goat of soccer is smoking something phelpsy. Find me anyone with a better resume

and why hasn't anyone brought up Lance Armstrong?

Lakers13
03-03-2009, 01:45 AM

Football: Jerry Rice

Baseball: Babe Ruth

yobore
03-03-2009, 01:52 AM
Two things to correct here
Tennis- Federer

and Zizou might not qualify on the resume, but if I had to pick a player to put on my team and transplant them to now, I think I would take him first. GOAT by the achievements is Pele, but Zizou and Maradona were better.

ukplayer4
03-03-2009, 01:55 AM
there arnt many sports that have a consensu greatest of alltime competitor.

michael schumacher interms of motor racing is unquestionable.

for smaller sports, stuff i know about cause i live in the u.k for snooker there is steven hendry, snooker is an infinatly better game than pool, obviously.

in darts(not much of a sport i know) there is a guy whos won like 15 straight world titles and counting phill "the power" taylor lol. cant see much reason why people would decline in that field as alot of them are fat anyway.

although tiger hasnt beaten jacks records yet it is only a matter of time, theres never been anyone like him.

federer probably needs that 14th and maybe 15th, which should happen soon.

mj is pretty much consensus greatest ball player ever. but wilt has a case i supposse.

joshwake
03-03-2009, 02:05 AM
darts.. lol. thats cool though really, I always like to hear who is the "mj" of their sport.

take Andy Mapple for example, the MJ of slalom water skiing
Saun white for snowboarding
most would say Tony Hawk for ramp skateboarding, but I have always been partial to Danny Way.
maybe Travis Pastrana for Freestayle motox
Jeremy Mcrath for motox
wakeboarding,,, maybe Parks Bonifay or possibly Danny Harf

who is the MJ of Bowling, billiards, pingpong, volleyball, etc etc?....

joma11
03-03-2009, 02:36 AM

Tennis: Bjorn Borg

Football: Jim Brown

Baseball: Willie Mays

:rockon:

joma11
03-03-2009, 02:37 AM
maradona > pele

pele >>> maradona

Grinder
03-03-2009, 02:44 AM
Tennis: Pete Sampras

canadianballer
03-03-2009, 02:47 AM
there arnt many sports that have a consensu greatest of alltime competitor.

HOCKeY.

noob cake
03-03-2009, 02:52 AM
Football - Johan Cruijff

In my biased opinion of course. Go Oranje!

ukplayer4
03-03-2009, 02:54 AM
HOCKeY.

ya i said not many, not none.

kaiteng
03-03-2009, 03:12 AM
Tennis : Steffi Graff

Soccer : Pele

Hockey : Wayne Gretzky

Baseball : Babe Ruth

MMA : Rickson Gracie

Boxing : Sugar Ray Robinson

Pro Wrestling : Ric Flair

shawbryant
03-03-2009, 03:32 AM
Female Pingpong: Deng Yaping
Formula 1: Michael Schumacher

Cyclone112
03-03-2009, 03:43 AM
Tennis : Steffi Graff

Soccer : Pele

Hockey : Wayne Gretzky

Baseball : Babe Ruth

MMA : Rickson Gracie

Boxing : Sugar Ray Robinson

Pro Wrestling : Ric Flair

Rickson Gracie better be a joke. goat mma right now is fedor

iamgine
03-03-2009, 04:03 AM
Garrincha > Maradona & Pele

arkain
03-03-2009, 05:35 AM
Soccer: zidane/maradona
boxing: Ali
Football: Rice
Tennis: Nadal
Baseball: Babe ruth? :confusedshrug:

Tennis: Nadal ??

No way man, he might be the best in the world right now but hes not even close to the GOAT. He's young though, so maybe in the future, but not right now.

chains5000
03-03-2009, 05:39 AM
i have never seen him play,i know that he had 5 straght European Cup and all that,but i haven't seen anyone consider him GOAT other than Real Madrid fan
I don't say he's the GOAT, but he's a candidate for sure.
And I'm FAR from a Madrid fan, quite the opposite.:D

chains5000
03-03-2009, 05:50 AM
still, fck Real.
Actually, it's Di St

LJJ
03-03-2009, 05:51 AM
hah jog on little boy, proved my point u are indeed a retard

french player of the year? dont make me laugh. zidane has the most fifa world player of the year awards since it started, 3 1st place, one 2nd and two third.

thiery henry, by comparison got one 2nd place and thats it. no other 'french player of the year' is on the list. spectacular stuff

no1s been overating zidane since he retired, it was comonplace for people to say zidane was the best player in the world right up until he retired
You started with the name calling mister E-Thug. You started, and then you acted snooty when someone else did the same. You are pathetic. People who dish out but can't take anything themselves don't command a lot of respect anywhere.

It's kind of odd Zidane only won one Golden Ball and only 2 "best French player" awards, and he is supposedly the GOAT. Apparently it wasn't so "comonplace" to call him the best player in the world and there were plenty other contenders. If someone is the GOAT, he should be sweeping awards like that with ease.

Keep in mind. Players like Pele and Maradona were actually undisputed the best players of their day.
In the mean time Zidane's finest hour was world cup '98, when guys like Thuram and Dechamps had to carry the French team on their backs for the entire tournament and Zidane was nowhere to be found.

chains5000
03-03-2009, 05:52 AM
anyone that dosnt think Pele is the goat of soccer is smoking something phelpsy. Find me anyone with a better resume

and why hasn't anyone brought up Lance Armstrong?
Because he's the one who's won the most Tours, but not the best ever, which would be Merckx.
Sure Armstrong won with ease, but he only competed for one race over the year.

Kombo
03-03-2009, 06:00 AM
Football is by far the hardest to name a GOAT. The easiest position is WR, but Moss might have an argument if he can develop a post athletic freak game in a few years.

west
03-03-2009, 06:01 AM
I don't say he's the GOAT, but he's a candidate for sure.
And I'm FAR from a Madrid fan, quite the opposite.:D
ok,that sounds a lot better:cheers:
Barcelona all day,fu#k Real Madrid!!!!:lol

chains5000
03-03-2009, 06:02 AM
ok,that sounds a lot better:cheers:
Barcelona all day,fu#k Real Madrid!!!!:lol
http://enkarterrigorria.blogcindario.com/ficheros/Athletic.JPG

quasimoto
03-03-2009, 06:36 AM
Armstrong is at best the 4th or 5th best cyclist in history. The only thing of importance he has won is the Tour.

lakers_forever
03-03-2009, 08:28 AM
michael schumacher interms of motor racing is unquestionable.

Some people consider Senna the best ever.

sick_brah07
03-03-2009, 08:39 AM
for those who say maradona ill agree he was the most skilled with the ball i have ever watched although ronaldo (not cristiano) was close or at his level (but thats another arguement)... but maradona was a lazy player that gave up on alot of possesions and cracked the ****s when team mates did not pass the ball ........Pele i have never seen a full game so i dont know.

chains5000
03-03-2009, 08:42 AM
Romario was more skilled than Ronaldo. Just never had the athleticism Ronaldo had (and liked to party too much).

lakers_forever
03-03-2009, 08:46 AM
Romario was more skilled than Ronaldo. Just never had the athleticism Ronaldo had (and liked to party too much).

Agreed.

lakers_forever
03-03-2009, 08:48 AM
for those who say maradona ill agree he was the most skilled with the ball i have ever watched although ronaldo (not cristiano) was close or at his level (but thats another arguement)... but maradona was a lazy player that gave up on alot of possesions and cracked the ****s when team mates did not pass the ball ........Pele i have never seen a full game so i dont know.

The main problem with Maradona is that he was the best for 3 or 4 years only.
Guys like Jordan and Pele, true GOAT's were the absolute best player for a decade.

Jill Valentine
03-03-2009, 10:11 AM
Pel

sick_brah07
03-03-2009, 10:19 AM
The main problem with Maradona is that he was the best for 3 or 4 years only.
Guys like Jordan and Pele, true GOAT's were the absolute best player for a decade.

that is true... so zidane should definetly be mentioned what about bobby charlton? probably not the goat but should be considered (i have never watched him just read about him)

Postbode
03-03-2009, 10:36 AM
Johan Cruijff >>>>>>>> Zidane

lakers_forever
03-03-2009, 10:50 AM
[QUOTE=Jill Valentine]Pel

LakerKid1998
03-03-2009, 12:27 PM
Football is by far the hardest to name a GOAT. The easiest position is WR, but Moss might have an argument if he can develop a post athletic freak game in a few years.

Even as WR he is not the goat by a lot.... Rice anybody?

Slam13
03-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Formula - Michael Schumacher
Bikes - Valentino Rossi
Rally - Colin McRae

How about E-Sports anyone?

CakeorDeath
03-03-2009, 01:01 PM
With respect to the whole Maradona vs. Pele thing, didn't FIFA hold a world survey on who was the best player ever, and the fans voted Maradona but the FIFA panel of soccer experts voted Pele, so now the two players share the award?

*checks wikipedia*

Yep.

dajadeed
03-03-2009, 01:16 PM
lmao @ anyone who says Soccer and anyone but Pele.

I don't have a problem with the ones who say they've never seen him, but to try to argue that anyone is better than Pele is :oldlol:

Pele and Muhammad Ali are the two most famous athletes EVER. Period, end of story. Ali might be disputable as far as best boxer ever, but there's no question that Pele was the best/greatest soccer player ever.

Anyone saying otherwise doesn't know jack****.

ExtremeHops
03-03-2009, 01:18 PM
Soccer: Maradona
Tennis: Sampras/Navratilova
NBA: Jordan
Swimming: Phelps
Formula 1: Schumacher
Cricket: Bradman
Athletics: Carl Lewis

canadianballer
03-03-2009, 01:19 PM
:oldlol: soccer is gay anyway.. who cares

Slam13
03-03-2009, 01:21 PM
Athletics: Carl Lewis
Overall probably yes, but at sprinting Bolt ****s on him, even Michael Johnson ****s on him.

ExtremeHops
03-03-2009, 01:23 PM

Agree with ODIs, but in tests there is only one winner and it is Bradman. His average of 99 was almost double that of anyone else playing during his era, so he was head and shoulders above the rest.

As for Tendulkar in tests, the likes of Lara, Sobers, Viv, Imran, Murali, Warne etc could all be argued over him, so I don't feel he can challenge Bradman

ExtremeHops
03-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Overall probably yes, but at sprinting Bolt ****s on him, even Michael Johnson ****s on him.
Bolt has the talent but his career has been too short so far. Admittedly he was nothing short of amazing at the Olympics (even overshadowed Phelps), but he has to perform at subsequent majors too. Johnson was amazing, but when you talk about sprinting, the major event is always the 100m, and he never took part in that race.

quasimoto
03-03-2009, 01:41 PM
The rest of the world population begs to differ. :lol

lakers_forever
03-03-2009, 01:42 PM

I don't have a problem with the ones who say they've never seen him, but to try to argue that anyone is better than Pele is :oldlol:

Pele and Muhammad Ali are the two most famous athletes EVER. Period, end of story. Ali might be disputable as far as best boxer ever, but there's no question that Pele was the best/greatest soccer player ever.

:applause: :applause:

LJJ
03-03-2009, 01:51 PM

There are plenty of experts that say Pele isn't the best player they've ever seen.

You hear names like Pele, Garrincha, Puskas, Maradona, Cruijff, Beckenbauer, Best, Van Basten, Eusebio, Di Stefano, Zico, Platini, Yashin, Gento, Didi.

Let's be honest here, none of us saw a lot of material of most, if any, of these players. You can even tell that some, like CasterL, have never even heard about most of these players and are just talking out of their ass.

Pele is kind of like Jordan, he is definitely the most famous player in the world, the most advertised as the GOAT, etc. But in football that is quite hard to determine, and it's very hard to proclaim on over the other if you have to base yourself on facts and stats alone.

So for someone to proclaim on this site that Pele is the undisputed GOAT is very silly actually. Even though he is probably the easiest name to mention.

ExtremeHops
03-03-2009, 02:20 PM
I think it is much harder to define the GOAT in soccer compared to other sports like, say, basketball. It is much harder to dominate soccer, which consists of 11 players and thus is less of an individual game (more team orientated)

dajadeed
03-03-2009, 02:25 PM
There are plenty of experts that say Pele isn't the best player they've ever seen.

You hear names like Pele, Garrincha, Puskas, Maradona, Cruijff, Beckenbauer, Best, Van Basten, Eusebio, Di Stefano, Zico, Platini, Yashin, Gento, Didi.

Let's be honest here, none of us saw a lot of material of most, if any, of these players. You can even tell that some, like CasterL, have never even heard about most of these players and are just talking out of their ass.

Pele is kind of like Jordan, he is definitely the most famous player in the world, the most advertised as the GOAT, etc. But in football that is quite hard to determine, and it's very hard to proclaim on over the other if you have to base yourself on facts and stats alone.

So for someone to proclaim on this site that Pele is the undisputed GOAT is very silly actually. Even though he is probably the easiest name to mention.

Define "plenty?"

Pele was the complete soccer player. No weakness, period. Maradona played with 1 leg only. Again, go watch some old tapes of Pele, and you'll see the total package. He literally had no weakness.

lakers_forever
03-03-2009, 02:32 PM

http://www.rsssf.com/miscellaneous/best-x-players-of-y.html

Experts from several newspapers and magazines around the world . When they rank, Pele is always number one.

The two biggest magazines in the world:

World Soccer : http://www.englandfootballonline.com/TeamHons/HonsWldSocPlyrsCent.html
Pele - 5499 pts . Maradona 3949 Voted by readers around the world.

France football : the other link above.

The French weekly magazine France-Football consulted their former "Ballon D'Or" winners to elect the Football Player of the Century. Among the 34 former "Ballon D'Or" winners (from 1956 to 1999) only 30 of the voted: Matthews, Sivori and Best refused to vote, and Yashin is dead.
Each of the 30 voters choose 5 players: 5 points for the 1st place, 4 points for 2nd, 3 points for 3rd, 2 points for 4th and 1 point for 5th. But Di Stefano only choose a 1st place, Platini a 1st and 2nd place, and Weah 2 players for 5th place (giving

LJJ
03-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Define "plenty?"

Pele was the complete soccer player. No weakness, period. Maradona played with 1 leg only. Again, go watch some old tapes of Pele, and you'll see the total package. He literally had no weakness.

Plenty plenty. More than a few. Every time you see experts talking and the topic comes up it's not that they all nod to each other and say "We don't need to discuss this... It's Pele".

And please don't go "I've seen all these cats play, I have ten closets of video tapes from the 50s" on me, without posting pics. None of us has seen these players enough.

quasimoto
03-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Yeah, but it is widely known that Pele played in a weak era.
sarcasm...

lakers_forever
03-03-2009, 02:59 PM
double

lakers_forever
03-03-2009, 02:59 PM
Yeah, but it is widely known that Pele played in a weak era.
sarcasm...

Now, that would be a typical InsideHoops reply . :oldlol: :cheers:

MMM
03-03-2009, 03:01 PM
Tennis: Sampras/Navratilova/Graff
NBA: Jordan
Hockey: Gretzky/Orr/Mario
Baseball: Mays
Formula 1: Schumacher
Athletics: Jesse Owens
Horse Racing: Secretariat

TmacsRockets
03-03-2009, 04:10 PM
For Football it is the toughest to decide.

How can you say someone is GOAT in football? You have QB's like Montana, Aikman, Marino, Elway, Brady, etc. Then you have running backs in Payton, Brown, Smith, etc. Then you have WR in Rice (obviously the best), TO, etc.

How can you say a guy like Montana was better than a guy like Payton?

Baseball how can you say Clemens is better than Bonds when Clemens isn't a hitter?

BankShot
03-03-2009, 04:27 PM
For Football it is the toughest to decide.

How can you say someone is GOAT in football? You have QB's like Montana, Aikman, Marino, Elway, Brady, etc. Then you have running backs in Payton, Brown, Smith, etc. Then you have WR in Rice (obviously the best), TO, etc.

How can you say a guy like Montana was better than a guy like Payton?

Baseball how can you say Clemens is better than Bonds when Clemens isn't a hitter?

Thats precisely why there cannot be a consensus GOAT in sports where players can't take over every aspect of the game.

Sure Nolan Ryan had 7 no-hitters, but put him in the batters box he looks like a jackass.

Joe Montana won Superbowls and Superbowl MVPs, but put him on defense and he'd get absolutely bowled over by anyone.

Doko
03-03-2009, 04:47 PM
soccer: http://www.calciatori-online.com/images/baggio/roberto-baggio-brescia-zoom.jpg

Jasper
03-03-2009, 07:39 PM
problem with some sports you have several players on teams (football) as well as sports that have been played for eons - (field sports including baseball)

I think some of these sports you don't go to records but to players that have made an iconic vision for the public to identify them with 'their' sport.

To this day Baseball - Ruth (however I saw almost all of Hammering Hanks career and I still think he is the best)
Pitchers - Ryan (texas express)

Bowling - Weber (Won several tournments - but he is an icon to the sport)
Golf - Bobby Jones (greatest golfer of all time , however Jack Nicklaus holds the most major titles) Yet as iconic as those golfers were , we can safely say the GOAT is Tiger.
Hockey - They do not call him the 'Great one" for nothing = Gretz is iconic.

Football - probably the toughest - because if you look through the decades
its always based on team championships (steelers)
I could name greatest center , QB, LB etc etc ...
Yet even though Smith owns the rushing title , Brown the cruncher , the guy that had the most iconic way was Walter P. - Mr. Sweetness.

Field sports - Jesse Owens (no longer a record holder - but an Icon all the same)

NAscar - Richard Petty = icon.

Godfather
03-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Zidane :roll:

Pele in soccer.

Tom Brady in football (people are acting as if him not his defense chocked against the Giants). Just wait until his career is over...

Golf: Tiger Woods

College Basketball: Kareem

College Football: Red Grange

Baseball: Jackie Robinson
Olympics overall: Jim Thorpe

Nascar: Dale Earnhadt

Cricket: Sachin

west_tip
03-03-2009, 09:29 PM

Cricket wise I have to go for Sir Vivian Richards. :bowdown: Bowling wise it would be Shane Warne.
and then soccer it's Maradona,
Rugby is harder to choose but League I'll say Mal Meniga and Union maybe Zinzan Brooke and sevens is obviously Serevi.

Pele and Bradman played before there were cameras at games so people saying them are going off of reputations not what they actually saw or have seen on highlights. People who don't watch soccer always say Pele was the best player of all time, despite the fact his prime was 40 odd years ago.

west_tip
03-03-2009, 09:31 PM
soccer: http://www.calciatori-online.com/images/baggio/roberto-baggio-brescia-zoom.jpg

Good, but overrated.

canadianballer
03-03-2009, 09:33 PM
Hockey: Gretzky/Orr/Mario

stfu:hammerhead:

lakers_forever
03-03-2009, 09:33 PM
Pele and Bradman played before there were cameras at games so people saying them are going off of reputations not what they actually saw or have seen on highlights. .

The 1970 World Cup was broadcasted live all over the world. Youtube is full with Pele highlights. :oldlol:

Godfather
03-03-2009, 09:35 PM
The 1970 World Cup was broadcasted live all over the world. Youtube is full with Pele highlights. :oldlol:

Was just about to post lol...

west_tip
03-03-2009, 09:35 PM

Yes and I happen to have seen highlights of him as a 17 year old in the World Cup in Sweden, no **** sherlock but for the most part his career was not captured on film.

west_tip
03-03-2009, 09:37 PM
Maradona >>>>>>>Pele.

sonicman
03-03-2009, 09:42 PM
Motorcycle road racing :

Valentino Rossi
http://static.blogo.it/motoblog/rossi_burnout.jpg

west_tip
03-03-2009, 09:52 PM
Motorcycle road racing :

Valentino Rossi
http://static.blogo.it/motoblog/rossi_burnout.jpg

Formula One - the obvious choice is Schumacher but ill go with ayrton senna, he was something else in the wet conditions.

Darts - i'll say Eric Bristow but i think phil taylor might have surpassed him now

Snooker - Stephen Hendry

jockey - lester piggott

ukplayer4
03-03-2009, 09:57 PM
Formula One - the obvious choice is Schumacher but ill go with ayrton senna, he was something else in the wet conditions.

Darts - i'll say Eric Bristow but i think phil taylor might have surpassed him now

Snooker - Stephen Hendry

jockey - lester piggott

no one in the history of the sport has been close to schu in the wet, that includes senna, he was far more dominant in the wet than he was when it wasnt raining. hence the nickname rainmaster.

jamal99
03-03-2009, 09:57 PM
no, it's not
stupid canadian...

west_tip
03-03-2009, 10:01 PM
no one in the history of the sport has been close to schu in the wet, that includes senna, he was far more dominant in the wet than he was when it wasnt raining. hence the nickname rainmaster.

ur probably right, just couldnt vote for a kraut though, lol

west_tip
03-03-2009, 10:15 PM

romario was just a goal poacher didnt really have that much to his game, on the other hand ronaldo had a much better all around game, i remember in 96/97 in that season he played with barca he scored a length of the field goal, that year he was incredible and by the 98 world cup he was something else, for his size his skills and control were impeccable and he was fast as **** off a shovel

Papaya Petee
03-03-2009, 10:18 PM
Soccer: Pele , since I am from Poland though I have watched a lot of other players that are also great players great to watch

Just off the top of my head: Zidane, Luis Figo, Maradona, George Best, Ronaldinho (prime), Thierry Henry, Ziggy Zboniek, Ronaldo ( prime)

Future: Christiano, Leonel Messi and Kaka

Doko
03-04-2009, 06:50 AM
Good, but overrated.

Maybe overrated, but he played with a broken knee since he was like 18.
And he still became the best italian player of all times.
Imagine if he was healthy.

zabuza666
03-04-2009, 08:54 AM

As an Aussie I completely agree with this, that record is insane. Would have gotten an average of 100 if he didn't get out for a duck in his last match :(

zabuza666
03-04-2009, 08:57 AM
MMA: Fedor Emelianenko

Agreed, but some ppl make the claim that Nogueira is the GOAT, but Fedor is the best fighter.

Mamba
03-04-2009, 09:44 AM
boxing: tyson easily. i would take him over anyone in the ring. he's mental

GOBB
03-04-2009, 10:43 AM
Hart Trophies:
Wayne-9
Mario-3

Art Ross Trophies:
Wayne-10
Mario-6

Pearson Awards:
Wayne-5
Mario-4

Gretzky has 200+ more goals then Lemieux, has 900+ more assists.

Gretzky had 11 100 assist seasons while Mario had only one. Gretzky had 4 200 point seasons and Lemieux had none.

Gretzky>Lemieux.

:confusedshrug:

clipps
02-16-2021, 02:18 PM
MJ, Brady, Gretzky, Tyson, Tiger, Serena, Federor, Lance, J.S. Bach.

light
02-16-2021, 02:55 PM
My guesstimate is that when it comes to basketball about 70-75% of all people who know about the sport would choose Jordan as the GOAT. Then there will be votes for Wilt, Kareem, Russell etc. I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong, I'm just stating that this is what I feel.

What about other sports? I don't have enough background to make an educated guess in all of the sports.

Hockey: Gretzky (80+% maybe?)

Football:

Baseball:

Soccer: (Maradona and Pele both 40% each maybe)

No, the 73% you're referring to was only with an ESPN poll right after The Last Dance aired. If they did the poll again now - months removed from The Last Dance - that number would be smaller.

And for Jordan to only get 73% of the vote after such a heavy push with ESPN for The Last Dance is kind of shocking. If that poll was taken in 2004 that number would've easily been above 90%.

Airupthere
02-16-2021, 02:58 PM
boxing: tyson easily. i would take him over anyone in the ring. he's mental

Peak Tyson is indeed was a force to be reckoned with. But overall I think there is a long list of goat candidates that I am not an expert on by any means. There's SRR, Ali, Joe Louis that make a case for boxing's GOAT.

light
02-16-2021, 03:17 PM
Peak Tyson is indeed was a force to be reckoned with. But overall I think there is a long list of goat candidates that I am not an expert on by any means. There's SRR, Ali, Joe Louis that make a case for boxing's GOAT.

It's definitely Sugar Ray Robinson. He's the LeBron of boxing. He was great at everything.

I'd go with Sugar Ray Robinson and Muhammad Ali as #1 and #2.

Boxing is a sport where being undefeated doesn't help your case.

dankok8
02-16-2021, 04:26 PM
Best that I've seen in these sports: (since late 90's)

Soccer: Messi
NFL: Brady
NHL: Crosby
Boxing: Mike Tyson

Honestly all those guys are probably my all time GOAT's as well except the NHL where I'd go Gretzky. He was just insane in terms of dominance! Kind of like if Wilt won 5 rings in the NBA while putting up the stats that he did.

Axe
02-16-2021, 05:59 PM
Best that I've seen in these sports: (since late 90's)

NFL: Brady
NHL: Crosby
Boxing: Mike Tyson

Honestly all those guys are probably my all time GOAT's as well except the NHL where I'd go Gretzky. He was just insane in terms of dominance! Kind of like if Wilt won 5 rings in the NBA while putting up the stats that he did.
Messi in soccer?

csh19792001
02-16-2021, 06:00 PM
MJ, Brady, Gretzky, Tyson, Tiger, Serena, Federor, Lance, J.S. Bach.

Off the cuff (to an extent!)

Basketball: Wilt
Baseball: Cobb
Football: Brady
Hockey: Howe
Boxing: Tyson
Golf: Nicklaus
Cycling: Armstong
Track: Bolt