PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Quickest Releases in the Nba

Yung D-Will
03-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Can you name them? Because I can't relly don't pay attention to releases that much. All I know is Ray Allen is up there

Scott Pippen
03-08-2009, 05:26 PM
http://www.totalprosports.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/shawn-marion.jpg

Mdog1
03-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Mo Williams is pretty quick.

nbastatus
03-08-2009, 05:27 PM
1. Ray Allen

quasimoto
03-08-2009, 05:27 PM
Hamilton, Allen.

Yung D-Will
03-08-2009, 05:29 PM
1. Ray Allen

XD would be nice if someone could fill in that list cause thats how mines looking

copper
Ray allen and Rip Hamilton are the first 2 that pop to mind.

bisk
House is up there aswell I think
Kapono maybe?

ikoiko
03-08-2009, 05:33 PM
http://images.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/_photos/2007-02-14-hardaway.jpg

loot
03-08-2009, 05:40 PM
On January 5, 2009, the Nuggets traded Samb, along with cash considerations, to the Los Angeles Clippers for a conditional second-round draft pick.

On February 16, 2009, Samb was waived by the Clippers.

BlazersDozen
03-08-2009, 05:41 PM
Ray Allen
Kevin Martin
Shawn Marion
Eddie House
Jason Kapono
James Jones

??

Mo Williams?

qrich
03-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Any list without Eddie House = fail.

On January 5, 2009, the Nuggets traded Samb, along with cash considerations, to the Los Angeles Clippers for a conditional second-round draft pick.

On February 16, 2009, Samb was waived by the Clippers.

Clips acquired Hassan Adams and waived him within 2 hours :oldlol:

loot
03-08-2009, 05:43 PM

LOL I knew The Clippers had one of those this year but couldnt remember who it was...thanks :oldlol:

pete's montreux
03-08-2009, 05:44 PM
Ray Allen
Eddie House
Michael Redd

Are the three quickest in the NBA.

bisk
03-08-2009, 06:09 PM
Pretty cool Sports Science vid on the 0.3 catch and shoot rule:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsal_lEbu4Y&

Biddy77
03-08-2009, 06:12 PM
eddie house and ray allen for sure. redd's release isn't quite as quick as he gets credit for. if you watch his mechanics, he flips his wrist back pretty deep at the top of his motion before shooting, and it comes a decent distance back--that eats a little time. very hard to block, but not quite as quick as it could be.

Ray Allen... his shot is f**king flawless. no wasted motion, no hitches, nothing. pure.

you know what? i'd f**k ray allen's jumper. it's pretty.*

*if it wasn't attached to him. like... if i was at a bar, and his jumpshot walked in, i'd jump up and be like "heyyyyy... have a seat, let me buy you a drink. then we can f**k." and i'd just violate it.

nbastatus
03-08-2009, 06:18 PM
eddie house and ray allen for sure. redd's release isn't quite as quick as he gets credit for. if you watch his mechanics, he flips his wrist back pretty deep at the top of his motion before shooting, and it comes a decent distance back--that eats a little time. very hard to block, but not quite as quick as it could be.

Ray Allen... his shot is f**king flawless. no wasted motion, no hitches, nothing. pure.

*if it wasn't attached to him. like... if i was at a bar, and his jumpshot walked in, i'd jump up and be like "heyyyyy... have a seat, let me buy you a drink. then we can f**k." and i'd just violate it.
:oldlol: :oldlol:

The_Yearning
03-08-2009, 06:24 PM
Ray Allen
Kevin Martin
Shawn Marion
Eddie House
Jason Kapono
James Jones

??

Mo Williams?

No.

Go play some NBA 2k9 and find out who got the quickest releases....

pete's montreux
03-08-2009, 06:25 PM
Your post makes absolutely no sense. Don't like Redd much? Wonderful. He still has one of the quickest releases in the NBA, idiot. :rolleyes:

dyna
03-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Ray Allen
Eddie House

1~Gibson~1
03-08-2009, 06:30 PM
1. Shawn Marion
2. Ray Allen
10.Fixed

Biddy77
03-08-2009, 06:36 PM
Your post makes absolutely no sense. Don't like Redd much? Wonderful. He still has one of the quickest releases in the NBA, idiot. :rolleyes:

no, it's not that i don't like redd. he's a hell of a shooter. he's just not as fast as you're claiming. his shot comes too far back at the top for it to be that quick.

the path of the ball when he shoots is up, and then back slightly before going forward. allen and a few other guys keep the ball a little farther forward at the top of the shooting motion, which cuts out wasted motion. on the downside, it can also be a little easier to block, because it's easier to reach from the front.

also, if we're going to be mean to each other for no good reason...

eat a d**k.

thanks.

ps, go f**k yourself.

(if we're going to be nice to each other instead of being jerks because someone expresses a differing view from our posts, you can discount those less-than-friendly remarks.)

dajadeed
03-08-2009, 06:37 PM
Brian Cook is probably top 10.

Quick release only. Not saying anything about anything else, or even if it'll go in... :oldlol:

pete's montreux
03-08-2009, 06:43 PM
I honestly have no idea what or why you're trying to argue. What you just said has nothing to do with the speed of his release.

So far, what I've learned is that because you don't like his release, it must mean it's not as fast as I think.

Am I missing anything?

bence23
03-08-2009, 06:45 PM
Fixed
fail

ThaWarrior
03-08-2009, 06:49 PM
anthony morrow!

Killbot
03-08-2009, 06:50 PM

:roll:

Fixed

You just made the list imperfect.

Biddy77
I honestly have no idea what or why you're trying to argue. What you just said has nothing to do with the speed of his release.

So far, what I've learned is that because you don't like his release, it must mean it's not as fast as I think.

Am I missing anything?

yes. you're missing the fact that bringing the ball back as far as he does slows down the shot by adding extra backward motion before the ball travels forward. that has *everything* to do with the speed (not quality. speed.) of his release.

you keep trying to say i don't like redd, or i don't like his shot, despite the fact that i've only said it's not as fast as you're claiming, with no other even remotely negative comments about his shot... and despite the fact that i've stated *in this thread* that he's "a hell of a shooter".

yes. you're missing a lot.

1~Gibson~1
failI spelled Marion wrong. Wooow! I failed :banana:

Luigi
03-08-2009, 06:51 PM
Peja has a high, fast release.
Korver is pretty quick lately, looks like he is trying to speed it up to fit in the offense.

jamal99
03-08-2009, 06:54 PM

Lol, that guy Adams is now playing for a team from my city, Vojvodina...

pete's montreux
03-08-2009, 07:02 PM
yes. you're missing the fact that bringing the ball back as far as he does slows down the shot by adding extra backward motion before the ball travels forward. that has *everything* to do with the speed (not quality. speed.) of his release.

you keep trying to say i don't like redd, or i don't like his shot, despite the fact that i've only said it's not as fast as you're claiming, with no other even remotely negative comments about his shot... and despite the fact that i've stated *in this thread* that he's "a hell of a shooter".

yes. you're missing a lot.
Please highlight the post where I claimed such speed. All you did was see that I lumped him in with House and Allen, and somehow in your little head you assumed I was comparing his speed with theirs.

Don't make assumptions on the internet, they just make you look like an idiot.

His release is top 10, maybe top 5. < fact.

Biddy77
03-08-2009, 07:06 PM
Please highlight the post where I claimed such speed. All you did was see that I lumped him in with House and Allen, and somehow in your little head you assumed I was comparing his speed with theirs.

Don't make assumptions on the internet, they just make you look like an idiot.

His release is top 10, maybe top 5. < fact.

oooohhhhh, so you lumped him in with those guys but didn't mean to compare him to them. excellent. so... what was the rationale for lumping him in with them, then? i don't want to make assumptions, so i'll let you explain it.

re: making assumptions... remember your comments about me "not liking redd" or "not liking redd's release"? <--- assumptions made on the internet.

here's a michael redd video. if you watch it, you'll actually see him not having a release any faster than chauncey billups, brandon roy, steve blake, joe johnson, deron williams, or any number of other guys with average release speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_tWg_bvgfs

Biddy77
03-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Ray Allen
Eddie House
Michael Redd

Are the three quickest in the NBA.

quoted to satisfy pete's demand that i quote the post where he claims "such speed" (re: redd's release).

BUT... for anyone else reading this... i want to clarify, as per pete's request...

when he lumped redd in with allen and house, and then stated that those three had THE THREE QUICKEST RELEASES in the nba...

he wasn't comparing them.

i've got your back, pete.

pete's montreux
03-08-2009, 07:14 PM
I actually forgot I said that. And to be honest, I think those three are indeed the quickest. None of what you said so far has been really convincing. Now, I'm sure there are quicker guys who I don't know about [Kapono, obviously is one probably], but for me, right now, he's definitely top five. But don't expect me to make a list.

I'm just waiting for you to start arguing Roy as the quickest release in the L.

gyu
03-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Granger is pretty fast.

Biddy77
03-08-2009, 07:25 PM
i wouldn't argue Roy for quickest release in the L. he's not even quickest on the TEAM. blake probably has the fastest release on the team.

nbastatus
03-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Granger is pretty fast.
i think so too:cheers: