PDA

View Full Version : Some of NBA 2k9 Questions for you?

Splitz77
03-09-2009, 02:08 AM
Just stuff I've been wondering?

What team do you play as?

Have you ever had a perfect season, on any difficulty level? (without Cheating)

Do you play the Season, or Association more?

Me, I play as the Celtics (duh)

I got close on Rookie, I had a 76 Wins out of a 82 game seaon.

I play the Association more. It makes it feel more like real life.

Feel free to add questions that you would like to know about what other people use and do on NBA 2k9..

bdreason
03-09-2009, 02:20 AM
I play Association with the Warriors most of the time. Other times I do a fantasy draft (with the Warriors).

I simulate the regular season, making adjustments along the way, then play the Playoff games. If my team doesn't make the playoffs, I make changes in the offseason, and try to make it the following season.

My best season is around 65 wins I think... but like I said, I simulate the regular season, and often give my bench players more time (to increase morale), which can cost you wins in simulation mode.

JJ81
03-09-2009, 10:30 AM

1. What team do you play as?

2. Have you ever had a perfect season, on any difficulty level? (without Cheating)

3. Do you play the Season, or Association more?

Feel free to add questions that you would like to know about what other people use and do on NBA 2k9..

1. Lakers
2. I won 80 on rookie mode, quick games (the two I lost were some of the simulated games)
3. Association is much better.

What's your current line up?

Mine is

PG: Jordan Farmar (he gets into the 90s after a couple of seasons), Sergio Rodriguez and Sun Yue.

SG: Kobe Bryant and Bruce Bowen (I wont be re-signing him)

SF: Lamar Odom, Trevor Ariza and Adam Morrison (great shooter on the game)

PF: Pau Gasol and Josh Powell

C: Andrew Bynum and some rookie which I'm hoping to make good (I think his name is something Allen).

Rockbttm88
03-09-2009, 12:57 PM
I played my first season as the Nets and went 29-0 (on rookie, haha). 82 games is just too much for me.

I started a new season last night as the Lakers and traded the injured Bynum for Dwight Howard.

Can anyone tell me whats the difference between regular season mode and Association?

S13M
03-09-2009, 02:26 PM

****ty teams. I like to build through the draft.

50 something wins (mostly simulated), I play the playoffs though. HOF difficulty.

Association mode.

arkain
03-09-2009, 03:17 PM
Can anyone tell me whats the difference between regular season mode and Association?

Regular season mode is just one season. Association mode, you play as a GM, make trades and stuff for the future, you can play upto 10-20 seasons I think. Alot of fun, no doubt.

I am playing with the Nets.
I play a full 82 game season, without simulation with 12 min quarters on hall of fame, yeah I am hardcore lol.
Its damn hard though haha. Each game takes me around an hour to an hour and a half, so I usually just play 1 or 2 games a sit.
Almost done the season now, record is 39-23.

Splitz77
03-09-2009, 05:49 PM
1. Lakers
2. I won 80 on rookie mode, quick games (the two I lost were some of the simulated games)

Mine is

PG: Jordan Farmar (he gets into the 90s after a couple of seasons), Sergio Rodriguez and Sun Yue.

C: Andrew Bynum and some rookie which I'm hoping to make good (I think his name is something Allen).

My Starting Line Up is

PG: Rajon Rondo

SG: Michael Redd

SF: Paul Pierce

PF: K.G.

C: Perkins

I'm still learning how to play association so, I'm not quite sure how to trade or change anything yet.

03-09-2009, 08:00 PM
1. Warriors
2. I'm currently at 73-0.. but I'm playing in pro mode. lol
3. Association is best.

My line up:
PG - Monta Ellis
SG - Stephan Jackson
SF - Kevin Martin
PF - Anthony Randolph
C- Andris Biedrins

Al Thornton
03-09-2009, 11:12 PM
I usually play online, but I did an association recently with the Heat because I wanted D Wade, I had this lineup and I won 70 games then the championship on pro difficulty:

PG Tony Parker
SG D Wade
SF Danny Granger
PF Lamar Odom
C Rasheed Wallace

Camby, Bonzi, House, and Mourning off the bench.

dab0yech0
03-10-2009, 03:29 AM
I play 12 min quarters on Hall of Fame mode with the Clippers my record is 5-2 so far.

My team:

Baron Davis/Mike Taylor/Alex Acker
Eric Gordon/Fred Jones/Mardy Collins
Al Thornton/Ricky Davis
Zach Randolph/Steve Novak/Brian Skinner
Marcus Camby/Chris Kaman/DeAndre Jordan

I do my best to run the Clipper offense

shortlunatic
03-11-2009, 08:59 PM
i used to play 12 min quarters on hall of fame...but i stopped...i started up again and now i play 8 min quarters on superstar. Then i bump it up to hall of fame in the playoffs. I play as the Bulls, and tried to keep the roster as close to the real one as possible. This is my roster in my second season.

Rose/House/Roberson
Salmons/J.R. Smith/House
Deng/Salmons
Tyrus/Noah
Biedrins/Jermain O'Neal

do u guys use coaching development?? i only use training camps in the offseason to improve players, because i think the coaching development is way to unrealistic. I only use one drill in the coaching development each month, cuz any more than that just wouldnt happen in real life and makes it to easy to have a ton of superstars.

Splitz77
03-12-2009, 12:05 AM
So after the season ends on Association mode, what happens? Like, is their an off season that you just practice a whole bunch, or what do you do after the season and playoffs end?

bdreason
03-12-2009, 01:55 AM
So after the season ends on Association mode, what happens? Like, is their an off season that you just practice a whole bunch, or what do you do after the season and playoffs end?

Resign Staff
Accept / Decline Options
Resign Players
Draft Lottery
NBA Draft
Sign Rookies
Assign Training Camps

Start Preseason

Splitz77
03-12-2009, 01:59 AM
Resign Staff
Accept / Decline Options
Resign Players
Draft Lottery
NBA Draft
Sign Rookies
Assign Training Camps

Start Preseason

Oh sweet. Thanks.

Nets fan 93
03-12-2009, 10:22 PM
In 2K9
I only play Assocition and usually pick the Thunder, Blazers and the Nets.
Blazers:Usually pair up Roy with Bosh and trade Sergio and a 1st for Thad
Thunder:
No forced trades:
Spencer Hawes
Michael Beasley
Kevin Durant
John Salmons
Russell Westbrook

Nets I usually just trade VC and a 1st for K-Mart..

I have never gotten close to a perfect season...I recently played a fantasy draft though and won 50 games with a starting lineup of this:
Brook Lopez
David Lee|Bass
Wilson Chanlder|Battier
Rudy Fernandez
Devin Harris

crounsa810
03-15-2009, 04:33 PM
I usually pick the Nuggets.

I'm on my way to a perfect season. I think I'm around 24-0. No cheating. Other teams just suck. I have 2K9 for the PS2, so they didn't make it so that it's actually challenging. I play on Hall Of Fame difficulty, all sliders down to around 35 and I still always win by around 25-40 points a game. They should've fixed that. Kinda sucks. Gets boring after awhile. Just once I would love to play a competitive game.

Usually I play Association.

My starting lineup right now is:

Billups
JR Smith
Melo
KMart
Nene

Bench:
Balkman
Weems
Andersen
Ramon Sessions
Richard Hendrix (rarely plays)
Olowokandi (used when I want a tall lineup)
Dahntay Jones

Maniak
03-15-2009, 07:49 PM
What team do you play as? usually Suns or Raptors. I try to play as as many teams as possible so I can try to rebuild a team/perfect a team

Have you ever had a perfect season, on any difficulty level? (without Cheating)-Nope.

Do you play the Season, or Association more?-Never even played Season :oldlol:

Al Thornton
03-18-2009, 08:09 PM
Why not make any trades with that nuggets roster?

dab0yech0
03-18-2009, 08:49 PM

Probably the same reason I don't make trades with the current Clipper roster lol its good enough to win in video games

crounsa810
03-19-2009, 08:32 PM
Because I'm undefeated halfway through the season, & I'm under the cap. Plus I have half of the team expiring in the offseason, which would allow me to get a few better upgrades.

Beebo
03-19-2009, 10:07 PM
I play association with the raptors

my starting 5:

Calderon
JR Smith
VC
Bosh
Bargnani

Bench:

Ukic
Stuckey
Anthony Randolph
Kapono
Wilson Chandler
Antoine Walker :lol

Al Thornton
03-20-2009, 01:01 AM
I play association with the raptors

my starting 5:

Calderon
JR Smith
VC
Bosh
Bargnani

Bench:

Ukic
Stuckey
Anthony Randolph
Kapono
Wilson Chandler
Antoine Walker :lol

Not a bad team except at the Center spot. Trade that Italian.

KRAYZIE
03-20-2009, 06:27 PM
I usually pick the Nuggets.

I'm on my way to a perfect season. I think I'm around 24-0. No cheating. Other teams just suck. I have 2K9 for the PS2, so they didn't make it so that it's actually challenging. I play on Hall Of Fame difficulty, all sliders down to around 35 and I still always win by around 25-40 points a game. They should've fixed that. Kinda sucks. Gets boring after awhile. Just once I would love to play a competitive game.

Usually I play Association.

My starting lineup right now is:

Billups
JR Smith
Melo
KMart
Nene

Bench:
Balkman
Weems
Andersen
Ramon Sessions
Richard Hendrix (rarely plays)
Olowokandi (used when I want a tall lineup)
Dahntay Jones
Since you play as the Nuggets a lot, checkout Steven Hunters. Dude looks exactly like Kobe. Had me laughing so hard when I first noticed it and thought it was Kobe on the Nuggets.

JJ81
03-20-2009, 10:23 PM
I edited my team.

PG: Jordan Farmar / Sergio Rodreguez
SG: Kobe Bryant / OJ Mayo / Shannon Brown
SF: Trevor Ariza / Adam Morrison / Bruce Bowen
PF: Pau Gasol / Josh Powell
C: Andrew Bynum / Marc Gasol

Maniak
03-21-2009, 11:12 AM
I edited my team.

PG: Jordan Farmar / Sergio Rodreguez
SG: Kobe Bryant / OJ Mayo / Shannon Brown
SF: Trevor Ariza / Adam Morrison / Bruce Bowen
PF: Pau Gasol / Josh Powell
C: Andrew Bynum / Marc Gasol

Move Bynum for a SF, imo...

ruslan
03-22-2009, 09:45 AM
I just started association with Rockets.
pg - sebastian telfair
sg - tracy mcgrady
sf - ron artest
pf - luis scola
c - yao ming
landry, lowry, battier and horry from the bench. don't trade my players besides brooks for telfair (he's a baller). I play on the one before the hardest difficulty (superstar?) and is like 17-4. What pissing me off is that James has been player of the week for 6 straight weeks and prolly gonna win MVP :banghead:

LbloodOjunkieG
03-22-2009, 08:27 PM
I don't play with any one team more than the others. I play the Association. I usually pick bad teams, or teams that haven't done anything for the past 10-15 years and try to build them into contenders. I don't play a single game, I'm more into the management side of things, so I simulate everything. I build through the draft, and sign a free agent or two on the rare occasion. I also put some players through the development mode. Right now I'm running the Warriors. I traded Monta Ellis to the Pacers for a draft pick and an expiring contract. I traded S-Jax, Maggette and Biedrins as well. Start from the ground up. After the first year and winning 20 games, I got the fourth overall pick. I drafted a white pg out of North Carolina. He was rated 80. After the next season, he averaged 17,5,5. Pretty good for a rookie pg, and is now rated an 84. I'm hoping he will be similar to J-Kidd, but with more points.

GSW1984
03-25-2009, 01:54 AM
1. Lakers

Mine is

1. Im currently playing with the Pacers
2. In my First Season so Far i am 32-27 Played about 30% of the Games

3. I love association mode but i miss bringing players from collegehoops to the pros. Right now im trying to edit my draft picks to mirror the mock drafts to have real college players.

PG : T.J. Ford/Jarrett Jack/ Marcus Williams
SG : Marquis Daniels/Brandon Rush
SF : Danny Granger/ Micheal Dunleavy Jr. ( Starts at the 2 70% of the time)
PF : Troy Murphy/Jeff Foster
C : Rasho Nesterovic/ Roy Hibbert

I plan on making some major Roster changes and probably moving up in the Draft to Get Either a better Rebounding Power Forward Blake Griffin if another 2 guard like Wayne Ellington.

JerzeyBlaze
03-25-2009, 09:31 AM
I just got 2k9 and a PS3 like 3 weeks ago...and i cant believe how friggin real that game is. And how hard it is. Im on pro level and can barely win games...

Any, i play in Association Mode (easing my way into the levels) currently at PRO (on the pS2 and 2k8 i played in hall of fame and never lost) I must admit i like that it is hard cause its makes it challenging.

I play with the NETS and tried to keep all the guys on the team the same except that they kept losing. So i made some changes. 1. I created a player named Dave Blaise (blaze) which is basically me...(lol) He is a 6'9 SF/PF rated at 86 to keep things fair, I didnt want to create a superstar but a good player. After I was still losing with Dave Blaise, i decided to pickup a Free Agent. I picked up Patrick Ewing Jr in FA. He was ranked at 68...I did edit his ratings however, and then he was ranked at 84 (is that cheating?) He plays great but we were still losing...

I waived Yi, Simmons, Ager, Hassel. And placed Hayes, Najera, and Dooling on the trading block. I wanted to keep Hayes, Najera, and Dooling but their Morale was unsatisfied. So i said F it if ur unsatisfied Im trading u. The Warriros offered me Maggette for Dooling, so i took it. The Grizzlies offered my Q. Ross for Najera, i added Hayes in there for Ross and Hakim Warrick, they rejected it, but i forced the trade. And I then picked up Shaun Livingston which was a FA and signed to the Thunder...i picked up Smush Parker in FA but traded him for Livingston.

current roster is

PG- Harris/Livingston
SG- Carter/Ross/CDR
SF- Maggette/Ewing Jr.
PF - Dave Blaise/ Hakim Warrick/ Anderson
C - Lopez/ Williams

you guys think im cheating with that forced Warrick trade? I mean hes only ranked at 73...

dab0yech0
03-26-2009, 04:30 AM
Started with an Association file from Operation Sports that had all the rookies created, resigned as Bobcats and took the Clipper job, simmed it for a whole season, ended with the #7 pick, drafted Demar Derozan, and Dejuan Blair, Mardy Collins, Fred Jones, Ricky Davis, Brian Skinner all decided to test free agency. Signed Shaun Livingston in FA for the MLE. Traded Marcus Camby for Tyson Chandler (basically got a younger shotblocker/rebounder)

Depth Chart

C: Chris Kaman/Tyson Chandler/Deandre Jordan
PF: Zach Randolph/Dejuan Blair/Steve Novak
SF: Al Thornton/Demar Derozan/
SG: Eric Gordon/Shaun Livingston
PG: Baron Davis/Mike Taylor

Basically using a 8 or 9 man rotation depending on who im matching up against

Al Thornton
03-26-2009, 08:41 PM
Started with an Association file from Operation Sports that had all the rookies created, resigned as Bobcats and took the Clipper job, simmed it for a whole season, ended with the #7 pick, drafted Demar Derozan, and Dejuan Blair, Mardy Collins, Fred Jones, Ricky Davis, Brian Skinner all decided to test free agency. Signed Shaun Livingston in FA for the MLE. Traded Marcus Camby for Tyson Chandler (basically got a younger shotblocker/rebounder)

Depth Chart

C: Chris Kaman/Tyson Chandler/Deandre Jordan
PF: Zach Randolph/Dejuan Blair/Steve Novak
SF: Al Thornton/Demar Derozan/
SG: Eric Gordon/Shaun Livingston
PG: Baron Davis/Mike Taylor

Basically using a 8 or 9 man rotation depending on who im matching up against

Nice. I just started a new association. I'm trying to develop my young players. I traded Kaman Camby and Randolph in a 3 way trade for KG.

C: DeAndre Jordan/Chris Mihm
PF: Kevin Garnett/Chris Anderson
SF: Al Thornton/Matt Barnes/Steve Novak
SG: Eric Gordon/Mike Taylor
PG: Baron Davis/Steve Francis/Mardy Collins

Just played a game against Orlando and scored 60 points with EG. :bowdown:

qrich
03-27-2009, 03:13 PM
What team do you play as? Clippers

Have you ever had a perfect season, on any difficulty level? Nope, I'm in my first season and something like 14-7

Do you play the Season, or Association more? Association

I did a fantasy draft and my depth chart looks like:

Jose Calderon | Jared Jordan | Travis Diener
Kevin Martin | Roger Mason | Fred Jones
Predrag Stojakovic | Matt Barnes | Luke Jackson
Tim Duncan | Udonis Haslem | Steve Novak
Mehmet Okur | DeAndre Jordan | David Harrison

Only Fred, Roger, Matt and Haslem get time off the bench. Put Novak in whenever I need/want to hit a three.

baseketball4life
03-29-2009, 04:20 AM
I just play online, I use the Warriors and Thunder interchangibly..

Warriors:

PG Ellis
SG Morrow
SF Jackson
PF Randolph
C Turiaf

use Wright, Azubuike, Maggette quite a bit to.

Thunder:

PG Westbrook
SG Thabo
SF Jeff Green
PF Durant
C Collison

use Krstic quite a bit

Skywalker
03-29-2009, 09:37 AM
pacers:

pg- Daniels
sg- Dunleavy
sf- Granger
pf- Murphy
c- Hibbert

Ford, Rasho, Foster off the bench

Warriors

pg- Crawford
sg- Morrow
sf- Sjax
pf- Maggs
C- Biedrins

Ellis, Turiaf, Randolph off bench

Kings

pg- Garcia
sg- Martin
sf- Nocioni
pf- Greene
c- Hawes

Thompson, Jackson, Mccants off bench

baseketball4life
04-10-2009, 11:03 PM
I also use Kings now... Kevin Martin i go off with like 60 ppg per game 8 threes per game..

PG garcia (14 min)
SG Kev Mart (18 min per game)
SF McCants (14 min per game)
PF Thompson (14 min per game)
C Hawes (15 min per game)

second team

PG Jackson (gets 6 min per game)
SG Udrih (gets 2 min per game)
SF Nocioni (gets 12 min per)
PF Greene (gets 5 min per
C Thompson (14 min)

tdotraptor
04-11-2009, 04:59 PM
In 2K9
I only play Assocition and usually pick the Thunder, Blazers and the Nets.
Blazers:Usually pair up Roy with Bosh and trade Sergio and a 1st for Thad
Thunder:
No forced trades:
Spencer Hawes
Michael Beasley
Kevin Durant
John Salmons
Russell Westbrook

Nets I usually just trade VC and a 1st for K-Mart..

I have never gotten close to a perfect season...I recently played a fantasy draft though and won 50 games with a starting lineup of this:
Brook Lopez
David Lee|Bass
Wilson Chanlder|Battier
Rudy Fernandez
Devin Harris

nets fan 93 how did you get that thunder roster? did you fantasy draft? if you made actual trades can you tell me who you traded to get beasly? thanks

glidedrxlr22
04-22-2009, 11:46 AM
Just went online for the first time ever yesterday. How do you activate the Living rosters download? Is it offered on Live?

tdotraptor
04-22-2009, 05:27 PM
just thought this thread needs a bump. so nets fan 93, how did u get that thunder roster, especcially beasly?

NotYetGreat
05-04-2009, 07:20 AM
I play association mode with the Magic, but I tweak the line-up a bit, like trade JJ Reddick for JR Smith or get a good big man at the 4. Never had a perfect season though.

dab0yech0
05-04-2009, 03:26 PM
I won the championship in my first season with the current Clipper roster.

In my 2nd season, I sent Zbo and Baron to Miami for Jermaine Oneal and Mark Blounts expirings and a first, sent Chris Kaman for Antoine Walker's expiring plus a first, then sent Al Thornton and 2 firsts to the Thunder for Blake Griffin and Shaun Livingston. My lineup was then:

Mike Taylor/Shaun Livingston/Damon Stoudamire
Eric Gordon/Fred Jones
Terrence Williams/Steve Novak
Blake Griffin/Jermaine O Neal/Antoine Walker
Marcus Camby/DeAndre Jordan/Mark Blount

Then in the offseason I picked up Gordon and Jordan's options, and let everyone else go, I would've resigned Mike Taylor but he wanted a 40 mil contract. I had a ton of cap space and ended up signing Lebron to the 5 yr max contract, player option for last year, with a no trade clause, signed Shaq to 1 yr 5 mil, drafted Stephen Curry, and then I signed Fred Jones, Marcus Camby, Tim Thomas, and Mike James to 1 yr contracts as well. My team is now:

Shaun Livingston/Stephen Curry/Mike James
Eric Gordon/Fred Jones
Lebron James/Terrence Williams/Tim Thomas
Blake Griffin/Marcus Camby
Shaq/Deandre Jordan

So far I have played 4 games and I am 4-0 with Lebron avg about 26 8 8 and EJ avg 24 ppg Griffin 15 and 11 Livingston 11 and 14 apg

baseketball4life
05-06-2009, 03:35 AM
was running w/ the Bulls for a while, but quit them after i couldn't get the proper release on BG and Salmons... go with Nuggets..

PG Billups 17 min/ carter 3 min
SG JR Smith 17 min/dontay jones 3 min
SF Carmelo 17 min/kleiza 3 min
PF kenyon 7 min/andersen 13 min
C nene 17 min/andersen 3 min

give andersen starters minutes, can be a game changer on the blocks...

Grinder
05-07-2009, 02:36 AM
was running w/ the Bulls for a while, but quit them after i couldn't get the proper release on BG and Salmons... go with Nuggets..

PG Billups 17 min/ carter 3 min
SG JR Smith 17 min/dontay jones 3 min
SF Carmelo 17 min/kleiza 3 min
PF kenyon 7 min/andersen 13 min
C nene 17 min/andersen 3 min

give andersen starters minutes, can be a game changer on the blocks...

What's your gamertag?

baseketball4life
05-07-2009, 10:18 PM
good games grinder :cheers:

both went down to final ticks lol, splitting it 1-1. First game I couldn't do anything with any warrior but Monta, had 45 with him, but got beat anyways. Bulls has more weapons 2nd game helped me pull off 1 point win.

Nets fan 93
05-07-2009, 10:30 PM
nets fan 93 how did you get that thunder roster? did you fantasy draft? if you made actual trades can you tell me who you traded to get beasly? thanks
That was a while ago... its not too hard though

Grinder
05-07-2009, 10:35 PM
good games grinder :cheers:

both went down to final ticks lol, splitting it 1-1. First game I couldn't do anything with any warrior but Monta, had 45 with him, but got beat anyways. Bulls has more weapons 2nd game helped me pull off 1 point win.

Two really good games. :applause:

We'll def. have to play again!

Basketman
05-08-2009, 12:35 AM
Question:

Is there a cheap player out there with A+ potential for me to make into a star???

Go Getter
05-08-2009, 02:22 AM
I need to know how you jump into a derfender when you get him into the air on a pump fake....PLeASE HELP!

And I run with the Bulls...

GAMERTAG: Wild100Roseland

dab0yech0
05-08-2009, 04:56 AM
I need to know how you jump into a derfender when you get him into the air on a pump fake....PLeASE HELP!

And I run with the Bulls...

GAMERTAG: Wild100Roseland

Just tap the shoot button and when the defender jumps, just go for the shot, you will get the foul almost 50% of the time

Al Thornton
05-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Question:

Is there a cheap player out there with A+ potential for me to make into a star???

Try any of the rookies Gordon, Mayo, Rose, etc. I made Gordon into an MVP on association averaging 22 points a game.

Kebab Stall
05-09-2009, 04:18 AM
Question:

If you're looking for a FA, just go to the FA list and just order them in order of potential. Though, I doubt there will be any players in the FA list with A+ potential.

XXxKingxXXJames
05-09-2009, 01:38 PM
What team do you play as? Bulls, Cavs, & Nuggets

Have you ever had a perfect season, on any difficulty level? (without Cheating) Nope, my current record with the Heat is 17-3

Do you play the Season, or Association more? Yes.

NastaMaverick
05-09-2009, 01:49 PM

Have you ever had a perfect season, on any difficulty level? (without Cheating) Nope, my current record with the Heat is 17-3

lol Im pretty sure hes asking which one...

Al Thornton
05-09-2009, 03:59 PM

:roll: that is ****ing hilarious.

Basketman
05-11-2009, 10:09 PM
Year 1 Lakers

PG - Derrick Rose
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Lamar Odom
PF - Pau Gasol
C - Andrew Bynum
6th - Trevor Ariza

I kept most of my starters. Changed a lot of my bench though.

Brujesino
05-12-2009, 12:09 AM
people join this league join it now.....NOW!!!!!

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131220

GiveItToBurrito
05-15-2009, 10:35 PM

1. Wizards. I had a Knicks team in 2k9, but it was basically just an excuse to throw random players I like watching (Bargnani, Odom, Jamal Crawford, etc.) onto a team, and it really had nothing at all to do with New York.

2. Yeah, I had a perfect season with the Wizards in 2k8. I played it on pro difficulty, though, and kept Arenas on the team even though he was injured (the only team that really gave me trouble was the Rockets). It got really boring, though, and I mostly finished the season in order to see if the announcers would say anything, as opposed to doing it because it was fun.

3. I only play season mode, since The Association looks too complicated.

.rush
05-18-2009, 01:16 PM
I just got the Cavs in a NBA 2k9 League that started up at #6.I wanted the Bulls though

gyu
05-18-2009, 07:26 PM
Year 1 Lakers

PG - Derrick Rose
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Lamar Odom
PF - Pau Gasol
C - Andrew Bynum
6th - Trevor Ariza

I kept most of my starters. Changed a lot of my bench though.
Who did you trade to get Derrick Rose?

Anyways I have one with Pacers at the moment:

PG - TJ Ford
SG - Ron Artest (His return!!! Gave up Tinsley, a first round pick, Jeff Foster and probably some other things as well, it was a 3 way trade)
SF - Danny Granger
PF - Emeka Okafor (Gave up Mikki Moore, 2nd round pick from Celtics, and Troy Murphy)
C - Roy Hibbert

6th man - Jarrett Jack
Bench : Kwame Brown, Darko Milicic, Stromile Swift (I bet you guys laughed at those 3), Chuck Hayes, Arron Afflalo, Brandon Rush, JR Giddens, Royal Ivey

Oh and about $8.5 million of cap space :D

Maniak
05-18-2009, 07:48 PM
Heres the current Clipper team Im working with. Was only a 7 seed last year because its a very young and raw team.

PG-TJ Ford/CJ Watson/Mike Taylor
SG-Eric Gordon/77 rated SG
SF-79 rated SF/Jeff Green
PF-LaMarcus Aldridge/78 rated PF/Andrea Bargnani
C-Andrew Bynum/77 rated C/DeAndre Jordan

Im just about to begin my 3rd year with them.

Al Thornton
05-18-2009, 08:07 PM
Heres the current Clipper team Im working with. Was only a 7 seed last year because its a very young and raw team.

PG-TJ Ford/CJ Watson/Mike Taylor
SG-Eric Gordon/77 rated SG
SF-79 rated SF/Jeff Green
PF-LaMarcus Aldridge/78 rated PF/Andrea Bargnani
C-Andrew Bynum/77 rated C/DeAndre Jordan

Im just about to begin my 3rd year with them.

??????? Can't remember their names? :roll: Good team though.

Maniak
05-18-2009, 08:18 PM
??????? Can't remember their names? :roll: Good team though.
Naw I know their names, its just they were drafted players, so I dont bother naming them cause then everybody would be like, "Who is Hank Yopababolaba??"

Rake2204
05-18-2009, 09:05 PM

In NBA 2K9, as you've noticed, the computer will no longer jump into a defender when you draw them into the air on a pump fake as they may have done in some past iterations of the 2K series.

However, if you throw a pump fake and get your defender into the air on a jumpshot in 2K9, you can lean into him and draw contact manually by pressing the left stick toward the airborn defender just before you shoot.

Maniak
05-20-2009, 07:54 PM
Just won a title with this team. Grizzlies

PG-Deron Williams/Ramon Sessions/Filler
SG-OJ Mayo/Rudy Fernandez
SF-79 rated SF/78 rated SF
PF-Kevin Love/77 rated PF
C-Spencer Hawes/Marc Gasol/Zaza Pachulia

Very good team, imo.

Raj Da Dodge
05-26-2009, 07:25 PM
What team do you play as? Houston Rockets

Have you ever had a perfect season, on any difficulty level? (without Cheating) No, not even on Rookie mode, like I lost at least 1 or 2 games

Do you play the Season, or Association more? Always play Association/Dynasty mode

Oh and I play on the PS2 so yea...just letting yall know haha.