PDA

View Full Version : Dwyane Wade ---> 2009 MVP

Pages : [1] 2

Harry Potty
03-09-2009, 11:04 PM
Best player on the planet (hands down) and I'm not even a big fan of the guy.

Kobe and LeBron can't even touch this guy. He's the best perimeter player since Michael Jordan.

No other player in the NBA has his combination of speed, athleticism, quickness, leaping ability, ball handling and aggressiveness.

The closest thing to MJ ('87-'90) that I have seen.

I'm a 'WITNESS' to TRUE greatness and not some ESPN-manufactured BS hype.

:bowdown:

brandonislegend
03-09-2009, 11:05 PM
I cant believe that **** he just did.

Hotlantadude81
03-09-2009, 11:05 PM
He ain't called D-Whistle for nothing.

bdreason
03-09-2009, 11:08 PM
Obvious troll is obvious.

BigTicket
03-09-2009, 11:08 PM
It was damn impressive, and he's been the best player this year, but there's no best player award, and he's heading for 45wins.

45 wins doesn't get the MVP any year, let alone a year where Kobe and Lebron are both looking at 65 wins.

Harry Potty
03-09-2009, 11:09 PM
He ain't called D-Whistle for nothing.

Hater.

He is killing it on BOTH ends of the court. I've NEVER seen anything like this since the late 80s Michael Jordan. Simply remarkable.

Too bad the league is pretty much ignoring him this season in favor of their 'chosen one' in Cleveland.

It would be a damn shame if Wade doesn't win the MVP this season.

Tainted Sword
I don't see how it would be possible to disagree with you, man. The **** he's been doing is simply unreal. And he has the ring to prove this run isn't a fluke.

Al Thornton
Obvious troll is obvious.

How? Yes the thread is pointless but I agree with him.

plat1numX
03-09-2009, 11:10 PM
tonight solidifies his mvp trophy :rockon:

Hotlantadude81
03-09-2009, 11:12 PM
Hater.

He is killing it on BOTH ends of the court. I've NEVER seen anything like this since the late 80s Michael Jordan. Simply remarkable.

Too bad the league is pretty much ignoring him this season in favor of their 'chosen one' in Cleveland.

It would be a damn shame if Wade doesn't win the MVP this season.

Lebron and all the top perimeter scorers seem to get fouls their way whenever the defense blows on them. The league helps boost alot of the top name players because they don't have the personality to sell themselves.

Harry Potty
03-09-2009, 11:14 PM
I don't see how it would be possible to disagree with you, man. The **** he's been doing is simply unreal. And he has the ring to prove this run isn't a fluke.

Yup. And he won his ring as THE MAN on his team. He actually carried Shaq and not the other way around.

I just love watching Wade play this season. He is doing it ALL.

He is giving maximum effort for the entire 48 minutes each and every game. I get tired just watching him play. :oldlol:

Props to Tim Grover for getting him back to elite level this summer.

mlh1981
03-09-2009, 11:14 PM
Just enjoy them all. There is lots of great, young talent. Who knows, and who cares, who is better. Seriously.

Doranku
03-09-2009, 11:15 PM
Wade = B.I.W.

Kobe has regressed to the chucking of his early years, and LBJ is just a product of the NBA.

To True Greatness, Dwyane Wade. :cheers:

Richie2k6
03-09-2009, 11:19 PM
He's been the best player in the league in my eyes for months now. Guy is unreal.

beasted86
03-09-2009, 11:20 PM
I honestly don't care about him winning MVP.

But f**k ESPN and them ignoring his huge games. They had atleast 10 different commentators, editors, and analysts break down LeBron and Kobe's performances against the Knicks, one of the crappiest defensive teams in the league.

Yet they've overlooked Wade's huge games with just a couple of "wow", "wade is unstoppable", etc... quick type of comments. Why not delve into history and bring up some comparisons to Jordan, Magic and the Big O like you do with LeBron and Kobe for peace sake. Damn.

Harry Potty
03-09-2009, 11:21 PM
Kobe has regressed to the chucking of his early years, and LBJ is just a product of the NBA.

Couldn't agree more on both counts.

If I were the Knicks management, my target in 2010 would be Wade + Bosh.

They're making a huge mistake if they sign LeBron, who IMO has only 2-3 more "prime" years left in his 275+ pound body and soon-to-be weary legs.

sic
03-09-2009, 11:22 PM
dont know ifm he wins MVP, but he is the best player in the NBA right now

kumquat
I agree on the comment Wade is the closest thing we've see since Jordan in terms of game.

Rekindled
this game was one of the greatest game and clutch performence Ive ever seen

Richie2k6
Had he made all his free throws his stateline would have been:

53 points, 6 rebounds, 12 assists, 4 steals, 3 blocks, 15-21 FG, 5-6 3PT, Gamewinner

SCARY.

dyna
03-09-2009, 11:23 PM
Wade maybe not going to win the MVP this year,

But he has been definitely the BEST player in the NBA this year.:bowdown:

Indian guy
03-09-2009, 11:23 PM
He won't win MVP. But he's the best player in the game. A late 80's MJ. The guy is unreal and I hope Miami surrounds him with championship talent soon. There's nothing that would suck more than his prime being wasted on a mediocre team.

bleedinpurpleTwo
03-09-2009, 11:24 PM
Wade has my vote...thus far.

Grinder
03-09-2009, 11:24 PM
Best player in the and should get the MVP but probably won't.

He does have the most similar playing style to MJ than any of the current elite players, and no coincidence that he's one of my favorites players currently.

Spudjjay
03-09-2009, 11:26 PM
http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=qxrk95&s=5

If anyone one missed that greatness. :bowdown:

Killbot
03-09-2009, 11:28 PM
He should get MVP. :bowdown:

KobeRules24
03-09-2009, 11:29 PM
he wont win the mvp but wade is playing like the best on the planet right now.

chomskytool
03-09-2009, 11:29 PM
I think the evidence is becoming apparent that when healthy and in their prime... wade is the greater player then kobe..... i cant say this yet about wade and lebron, cause we're still 3-4yrs away from his prime....

either way, what would happen to ISH if wade somehow won a championship this year?! that would be hilarious

pete's montreux
03-09-2009, 11:30 PM
WHAT THE ****? Did he just really do that in real life? Did I just watch an NBA 2k9 replay?

plat1numX
03-09-2009, 11:31 PM
Had he made all his free throws his stateline would have been:

53 points, 6 rebounds, 12 assists, 4 steals, 3 blocks, 15-21 FG, 5-6 3PT, Gamewinner

SCARY.

Well there was a chance he would have won the game if he made the 2 freethrows...

Unworldy
03-09-2009, 11:31 PM
I knew the kid was special ever since i saw him in the playoffs as a rookie hitting that game winner over Baron Davis. Been following him ever since, and hes always been a beast. Now that hes healthy this season hes finally getting more ppl to notice his immense talent that helped him win the finals in 2006.

He probably won't win MVP but I don't care, hes the best player in my eyes. Closest thing to Jordan in playstyle we've had. Its not just the offense either, its the defensive clutch plays time and time again that are Jordan like.

InfiniteBaskets
03-09-2009, 11:34 PM
Well there was a chance he would have won the game if he made the 2 freethrows...

True. In retrospect to the atmosphere and finish of the game, I'm glad he didn't make those FTs and Salmons made his. All that, and Wade wasn't rattled by it.

Stacey King
03-09-2009, 11:34 PM
Truly unbelievable. There's nothing more to say about this guy. He's a stud- deserves much more recognition. I made a thread about him last month- he's been killing since the all star break.

You're a pleasure to watch Dwyane... even if you just beat my Bulls

KenneBell
03-09-2009, 11:35 PM
I think the evidence is becoming apparent that when healthy and in their prime... wade is the greater player then kobe..... i cant say this yet about wade and lebron, cause we're still 3-4yrs away from his prime....

I don't know. Wade now vs '06 Kobe is a close one. Very close.

Kiddlovesnets
Miami Heat = 34-29

bdreason
How? Yes the thread is pointless but I agree with him.

You agree with, "Kobe and LeBron can't even touch this guy." ??

Statements like these define trolling. Plus, just look at this guys other threads.

I've already stated I think Wade is the best player in the league this year, but we all know the MVP doesn't just go to the best player in the league.

Meticode
03-09-2009, 11:36 PM
I don't care who wins the MVP. I just want a championship in Cleveland.

InfiniteBaskets
03-09-2009, 11:38 PM
I think the thread title should be changed for accuracy purposes to...

Dwyane Wade > 2009 MVP

plowking
03-09-2009, 11:38 PM
After this 10 game string of averaging 38 and 11 (I think), I'm going to label Wade better then Kobe now. Though he doesn't deserve no MVP award.

NBASTATMAN
03-09-2009, 11:41 PM

Kobe and LeBron can't even touch this guy. He's the best perimeter player since Michael Jordan.

No other player in the NBA has his combination of speed, athleticism, quickness, leaping ability, ball handling and aggressiveness.

Not a Wade fan either but in terms of all around play Wade is the best.. His defense is much better, his offense has improved because he has more range, he has always been a efficient player... The guy is the closest thing to mj I have seen...

Chicago-Rose
03-09-2009, 11:42 PM
Huge Bulls fan here but there can be no doubt about it; Dwayne Wade is the true MVP.

G-train

you are a bumsplat on the face of ISH

NBASTATMAN
I don't know. Wade now vs '06 Kobe is a close one. Very close.

true , but Wade is puttng up big points and big assists at the same time in these games. Something KObe isn't really accustomed to doing.. I would say its close... Either way it is nice to see the kid comeback from all the injuries.

plowking
03-09-2009, 11:43 PM
Holy crap. I just checked Wade's stats and he's averaging 29.4ppg!?! I thought he was still in the 27's or 28's. Hadn't checked in over a month and a half.

Anyway the reason I checked was to see his averages for this month so far:

38.2ppg, 11.4apg, 6.6rpg, 3.4spg, 1.2bpg on 60% fg, 60% 3pt fg and 77% FT.

That is just amazing.

DWadegirl1
03-09-2009, 11:44 PM
DWade=Monster=MVP!!

Stacey King
03-09-2009, 11:45 PM
Holy crap. I just checked Wade's stats and he's averaging 29.4ppg!?! I thought he was still in the 27's or 28's. Hadn't checked in over a month and a half.

That is just amazing.

No bro, that was before the game.

He's up to 29.7 now

DuMa
03-09-2009, 11:46 PM
if wade can win 45 games.... it will be close between him a lebron imho

dyna
03-09-2009, 11:49 PM
Man Wade only need a Gasol to win it all this year,:rockon:

plowking
03-09-2009, 11:49 PM
if wade can win 45 games.... it will be close between him a lebron imho

Nah, the award is out of Dwyane's reach, not that it matters, as he will have another MVP at the end of the season. The finals MVP. :D :lol

Nah, seriously though, Bron Bron and Kobe are too far in front in terms of wins. Although winning 45 games would mean a triple fold on wins from last season which voters may look at.

Harry Potty
03-09-2009, 11:56 PM
Nah, seriously though, Bron Bron and Kobe are too far in front in terms of wins.

"Bron Bron" has had 2 consecutive high-profile worthless games and of late has been bailed out by Mo Williams in 4th quarters on numerous occasions. Meanwhile Kobe is chucking shots left and right and is playing 'matador' defense.

While Wade probably won't win it because of the ESPN influence that favors LeBron, he is the most deserving player and the best player in the NBA this year.

If the Heat win 45 games, Wade should be a LOCK for that award.

Lebron23
03-10-2009, 12:07 AM
"Bron Bron" has had 2 consecutive high-profile worthless games and of late has been bailed out by Mo Williams in 4th quarters on numerous occasions. Meanwhile Kobe is chucking shots left and right and is playing 'matador' defense.

While Wade probably won't win it because of the ESPN influence that favors LeBron, he is the most deserving player and the best player in the NBA this year.

If the Heat win 45 games, Wade should be a LOCK for that award.

30-8-7 > Wade's Current Stats

CasterL
03-10-2009, 12:08 AM
its ridiculous that this guy wont win the mvp. almost sadening that the leauge is so on the nuts of kobe and bron, id bet money that even if heat win 45 one of the other two will still get it. but to me hes the best player in the game

Simple Jack
03-10-2009, 12:11 AM

Why can't people seem to grasp this idea? I'll bet my life that 90% of these people pulling for Wade to "hands-down" win the MVP had no support for LeBron's historical, 1 of 3 players in history including Jordan and Oscar, season last year in which he'll end up with more wins than the Heat.

:confusedshrug:

Vragrant
03-10-2009, 12:11 AM
I feel so privileged to watch D-Wade play. One of the most unique and dynamic players I've ever watched. If he keeps up this level of play, and considering his track record (hes already a proven winner with a finals MVP), he'll end up as one of the best ever.

plowking
03-10-2009, 12:12 AM

Oh dear, someone's insecure.

Wade's doing it all in less minutes as well. :D

Harry Potty
03-10-2009, 12:14 AM

Way to inflate LeBron's stats there buddy.

PPG: Wade > LeBron

Reb: LeBron > Wade

Asts: Wade > LeBron

FG%: Wade > LeBron

FT%: Even

3pt%: LeBron > Wade

Steals: Wade > LeBron

Blocked shots: Wade > LeBron

Explain to me again how LeBron's stats are > Wade's?

Alonzo Magic
03-10-2009, 12:16 AM

And out of the bushes he steps out! :D

I feel very lucky to have Dwyane Wade playing for my team. Thank you for not selecting Chris Kaman over him Riles, or trading his rights for Ray Allen. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!

2LeTTeRS

Block shots: Wade > LeBron

He's talking about 06 Bron who put up those numbers and won 50 games and still didn't win MVP.

hito da god

b..bb..but lebron is the chosen one :cry: even nike says so!

Lebron23
03-10-2009, 12:17 AM

That's LeBron James Stats in the 2007-08 NBA Season. Kobe won the MVP trophy because the Lakers won 55 games in the Regular Season.

Cavs are on the pace of winning 65 games this season, and LeBron still have better stats than Kobe Bryant.

Chicago-Rose
03-10-2009, 12:17 AM
WHAT THE ****? Did he just really do that in real life? Did I just watch an NBA 2k9 replay?

lol. :applause:

plowking
03-10-2009, 12:22 AM
Why can't people seem to grasp this idea? I'll bet my life that 90% of these people pulling for Wade to "hands-down" win the MVP had no support for LeBron's historical, 1 of 3 players in history including Jordan and Oscar, season last year in which he'll end up with more wins than the Heat.

:confusedshrug:

No, you know what's saddening?

You two, one eyed supporters coming in here making this thread about Lebron. Can you deal with the fact that Wade is getting some attention for being the best player in the league this season?

plowking
03-10-2009, 12:25 AM
That's LeBron James Stats in the 2007-08 NBA Season. Kobe won the MVP trophy because the Lakers won 55 games in the Regular Season.

Cavs are on the pace of winning 65 games this season, and LeBron still have better stats than Kobe Bryant.

Okay, look at Lebron's "historic" 06 season.

Wade is averaging more assists, blocks, steals, while shooting better from the FG, 3pt land and FT's.

Oh btw, per 40 mins, he is scoring more ppg then Lebron did that season as well.

So the only thing Lebron did better then Wade that season was rebound.

plowking
03-10-2009, 12:28 AM

Blocked shots: Wade > LeBron

Funny thing is, if you look at Lebrons 30-8-7 season, the only thing he is doing better then Wade is rebounding.

So all of those are in favor of Wade apart from rebounding and soon to be scoring (even though Wade is averaging more points per 40 minutes).

godofgods
03-10-2009, 12:33 AM
Wade played very well in this game. Props to him. I wouldn't go as far as giving him MVP but this is one of the best performances of the season.

Simple Jack
03-10-2009, 12:33 AM
No, you know what's saddening?

You two, one eyed supporters coming in here making this thread about Lebron. Can you deal with the fact that Wade is getting some attention for being the best player in the league this season?

He's playing unbelievable no doubt, but this thread isn't about how he's playing specifically; it's about him being the MVP or not. Having similar stats on a team that is going to end up 20+ games ahead of you makes you the MVP. Wade is a fantastic player but the nonsense has to stop. There is NO logical explanation as to why he is MVP over LeBron this season, there really isn't. If you can provide one, I'll gladly listen.

CasterL
03-10-2009, 12:34 AM
that last play i recon could go number 1 on top ten plays of the year. 1-5 defs

Simple Jack
03-10-2009, 12:36 AM
Funny thing is, if you look at Lebrons 30-8-7 season, the only thing he is doing better then Wade is rebounding.

So all of those are in favor of Wade apart from rebounding and soon to be scoring (even though Wade is averaging more points per 40 minutes).

Haha, so you acknowledge Wade as having better FG% by .4 but you don't acknowledge LeBron's better PPG last season? :applause:

Undisputed
03-10-2009, 12:37 AM
It should be most valuable player, not best player on the best team. Wade is MVP of the league this season.

plowking
03-10-2009, 12:39 AM
Haha, so you acknowledge Wade as having better FG% by .4 but you don't acknowledge LeBron's better PPG last season? :applause:

.4?

Wade is shooting .495 this season while Lebron shoot .484 in his 06 season.

Where did I not mention that Lebron is scoring more. I said Wade will most likely end up with a higher ppg then Lebron in his 06 season, although he is already scoring more efficiently and at a better rate per minute.

Simple Jack
03-10-2009, 12:39 AM
If you really want to be a douche bag about it:

LeBron is averaging better 3pt %, FT%, less turnovers and more rebounds. This gives him the nod in 4 out of 9 major categories (the rest being points assists, steals, blocks, fg%) on a team that is currently leading the conference, .5 behind the best record in the league, and 15 games ahead of Miami.

Simple Jack
03-10-2009, 12:40 AM
.4?

Wade is shooting .495 this season while Lebron shoot .484 in his 06 season.

Where did I not mention that Lebron is scoring more. I said Wade will most likely end up with a higher ppg then Lebron in his 06 season, although he is already scoring more efficiently and at a better rate per minute.

This season. 49.2 vs 48.8.

And regardless, that's not the point. The point is that LeBron outplayed EVERYONE last year by a huge margin and 99% of you idiots didn't acknowledge him as the MVP; now that Wade is playing slightly better than LeBron, he is automatic MVP despite his team's probable 45 or so win record? Think about it man. If you take the stance as Wade is definite MVP this season then you have no choice but to state LeBron got "robbed" last season. Follow along?

plowking
03-10-2009, 12:42 AM
He's playing unbelievable no doubt, but this thread isn't about how he's playing specifically; it's about him being the MVP or not. Having similar stats on a team that is going to end up 20+ games ahead of you makes you the MVP. Wade is a fantastic player but the nonsense has to stop. There is NO logical explanation as to why he is MVP over LeBron this season, there really isn't. If you can provide one, I'll gladly listen.

So what does Lebron's 06 season have to do with the MVP this season? Nothing.

Admit it, you hate to see Wade challenging or in this case bettering Lebron in any way. You and Lebron23 are some of the most insecure fans coming in here and trolling with something that has nothing to do with the topic. You know why you do it? Insecure.

plowking
03-10-2009, 12:42 AM

You and your partner in crime were talking about Lebron's 06 season for no apparent reason. So I simply compared the two.

Simple Jack
03-10-2009, 12:45 AM
You and your partner in crime were talking about Lebron's 06 season for no apparent reason. So I simply compared the two.

You brought it up. Do you know how to read? You stated that LeBron's only edge was rebounding when comparing LeBron's last season to Wade's current season. That's like me saying they shoot the same FG this year; actually that's a little worse.

And as for not liking Wade? He's going to be one of the all-time greats and I love watching him play, I just fail to see the logic in your reasoning. Don't make this something it's not.

BFRESH44
03-10-2009, 12:45 AM
Lebron has the MVP locked up. The precedent has BEEN set for that award.

It it was it is.

I'm just looking forward to the playoffs.

Lebron23
03-10-2009, 12:46 AM
So what does Lebron's 06 season have to do with the MVP this season? Nothing.

Admit it, you hate to see Wade challenging or in this case bettering Lebron in any way. You and Lebron23 are some of the most insecure fans coming in here and trolling with something that has nothing to do with the topic. You know why you do it? Insecure.

You are a hypocrite. You said that Kobe Bryant deserved to win the MVP trophy last year because the Lakers had the best record in the Western Conference.

By the way 2008-09 LeBron James > 2007-08 Kobe Bryant.

DuMa
all the d-wade tmobile ads and banners are right on cue tonight too :oldlol:

Simple Jack

And regardless, that's not the point. The point is that LeBron outplayed EVERYONE last year by a huge margin and 99% of you idiots didn't acknowledge him as the MVP; now that Wade is playing slightly better than LeBron, he is automatic MVP despite his team's probable 45 or so win record? Think about it man. If you take the stance as Wade is definite MVP this season then you have no choice but to state LeBron got "robbed" last season. Follow along?

I think plow missed this post. RE-READ son.

VeeCee15
03-10-2009, 12:48 AM
Wade is playing the best by far.

Chose One = Nike/NBA hype. Lebron has been great, but wade has been much better.

DTD
03-10-2009, 12:52 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Wade takes many of Lebrons East Coast votes, resulting in Kobe winning by a wider margin than we think.

plowking
03-10-2009, 12:53 AM
You brought it up. Do you know how to read? You stated that LeBron's only edge was rebounding when comparing LeBron's last season to Wade's current season. That's like me saying they shoot the same FG this year; actually that's a little worse.

And as for not liking Wade? He's going to be one of the all-time greats and I love watching him play, I just fail to see the logic in your reasoning. Don't make this something it's not.

LOL.

Lebron23 came into the thread saying Lebron 06 > Wade now. :roll:

Then you supported him.

plowking
03-10-2009, 12:54 AM
You are a hypocrite. You said that Kobe Bryant deserved to win the MVP trophy last year because the Lakers had the best record in the Western Conference.

By the way 2008-09 LeBron James > 2007-08 Kobe Bryant.

How am I hypocrite? What did I say to negate this?

plowking
03-10-2009, 12:56 AM
I think plow missed this post. RE-READ son.

Have you read any of my posts in here?

I said Wade doesn't deserve the MVP, though he is the best player in the league. After this 12 game stretch or so it is obvious to me who the best is, and its Wade.

Now where am I being a hypocrite?

Jor23dan
03-10-2009, 12:58 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/313kmqt.jpg

"THIS IS DWYANE WADES HOUSE"

Indian guy
03-10-2009, 01:04 AM
You brought it up. Do you know how to read? You stated that LeBron's only edge was rebounding when comparing LeBron's last season to Wade's current season.

Forget that season, this season alone LeBron's better than Wade in virtually every statistical category. LeBron has a higher PER, a higher TS%, better FT%, better 3pt%, more blocks and steals (when adjusted for pace), a lower turnover rate, a higher rebound rate, more win shares, a better ORTG, a better DRTG, better +/-, better opponent PER. I could just go on and on. Assists is pretty much all Wade has going for him statistically.

I do believe, based on his current play, Wade has a slight edge on LeBron and Kobe for the game's best player. But the MVP award? Barring some miraculous Cleveland collapse, LeBron has it in the bag. Nobody has anywhere close to his combo of numbers + team record. I can understand Wade fans' excitement over the season he's having, but if Kobe and LeBron couldn't win the MVP posting up monster numbers on awful teams and gathering more fanfare from the fans and media alike, what shot does Wade have? None. This wishful thinking where decades-long MVP criteria is suddenly going to change and cater to the superstar-on-mediocre-team is stupidity. Why would the league ignore a player putting up monster numbers on a likely 65 win team and give it to a guy whose team will win around 45 games? Miami has a very difficult schedule remaining. At least 12 of their next 19 games are against playoff teams. 11 of them on the road. This team likely won't even have a momentum-filled finish to the season. Their record against playoff teams is dreadful(12-21).

Indian guy
03-10-2009, 01:05 AM
You are a hypocrite.

Not just a hypocrite, but a sad, deluded LeBron hater. It's comical to see him fly off the handle every time LeBron's mentioned.

Ken_Masters
03-10-2009, 01:05 AM
This guy is friggin fantastic. I really think the best is yet to come. He's gonna put on a show once the playoffs start. Whichever team plays the Heat in the playoffs, they're gonna have multiple 40 point games from D-wade getting hung on them.

DuMa
03-10-2009, 01:08 AM
This guy is friggin fantastic. I really think the best is yet to come. He's gonna put on a show once the playoffs start. Whichever team plays the Heat in the playoffs, they're gonna have multiple 40 point games from D-wade getting hung on them.
i want to see it but i doubt it. the defense is going to double wade every single time and dare the other miami players to beat them.

Knoe Itawl
03-10-2009, 01:12 AM
DWade = best player in the NBA. I've said it for awhile.

Ken_Masters
03-10-2009, 01:16 AM
i want to see it but i doubt it. the defense is going to double wade every single time and dare the other miami players to beat them.

True. I just think the guy is so great, he's going to find a way to get himself free and still get his 30, no matter what the defense is trying to do to stop him.

plowking
03-10-2009, 01:23 AM
Not just a hypocrite, but a sad, deluded LeBron hater. It's comical to see him fly off the handle every time LeBron's mentioned.

How am I a hypocrite?

I said Dwyane is the best in the world. How is that being a hypocrite?

Lebron better then Dwyane this season? :oldlol:

Funny how nearly all of your categories are formula generated. :roll:

I even said Lebron or Kobe deserve the MVP award this season? What am I doing to hurt your feelings or are you just a sensitive little Lebron groupie like the other 2 that have posted in here.

Also, why should Lebron's 06 season be mentioned in a thread about Wade?

Indian guy
03-10-2009, 01:45 AM
Lebron better then Dwyane this season? :oldlol:

Statistically? Sure. The numbers are there for everybody see. And yeah, they are "formula generated" because it's kind of hard to have the same raw averages when you're playing on a team that's on pace to win 65 games. And these formulas you speak of takes the most basic things into account - such as minutes and pacing. Only a fool would ignore those when comparing 2 superstars. Especially in Wade and LeBron's case where 1 plays on a mediocre team...while the other on the league's best(record wise).

And I love the :oldlol: response when just a mere month ago that's the response you'd have gotten for suggesting Wade>LeBron. But hey, LeBron's putting up better numbers on the league's best team and managed to outplay Wade in 3 of their 4 meetings. But by plowclown logic...one would have to be a fool to believe LeBron>Wade right? :oldlol:. You sure are sensitive about LeBron.

btw, I do believe as of right now Wade's the league's best...but the difference between him and Kobe/LeBron is still very minimal. 1 month is just that - 1 month. The NBA regular season is nearly 6 months long. The previous 4 months of this season NOBODY was arguing Wade>LeBron/Kobe.

What am I doing to hurt your feelings or are you just a sensitive little Lebron groupie like the other 2 that have posted in here. Also, why should Lebron's 06 season be mentioned in a thread about Wade?

We are the sensitive ones? :oldlol:. The bait about LeBron's '06 season was posted by LeBron23. Like any normal person, you should've ignored it and went on with the Wade praise. But being the insecure LeBron hater you are(and deluded about it to boot), you just couldn't control yourself and went into full fledged attack mode. Relax.

plowking
03-10-2009, 02:00 AM
Statistically? Sure. The numbers are there for everybody see. And yeah, they are "formula generated" because it's kind of hard to have the same raw averages when you're playing on a team that's on pace to win 65 games. And these formulas you speak of takes the most basic things into account - such as minutes and pacing. Only a fool would ignore those when comparing 2 superstars. Especially in Wade and LeBron's case where 1 plays on a mediocre team...while the other on the league's best(record wise).

And I love the :oldlol: response when just a mere month ago that's the response you'd have gotten for suggesting Wade>LeBron. But hey, LeBron's putting up better numbers on the league's best team and managed to outplay Wade in 3 of their 4 meetings. But by plowclown logic...one would have to be a fool to believe LeBron>Wade right? :oldlol:. You sure are sensitive about LeBron.

btw, I do believe as of right now Wade's the league's best...but the difference between him and Kobe/LeBron is still very minimal. 1 month is just that - 1 month. The NBA regular season is nearly 6 months long. The previous 4 months of this season NOBODY was arguing Wade>LeBron/Kobe.

We are the sensitive ones? :oldlol:. The bait about LeBron's '06 season was posted by LeBron23. Like any normal person, you should've ignored it and went on with the Wade praise. But being the insecure LeBron hater you are(and deluded about it to boot), you just couldn't control yourself and went into full fledged attack mode. Relax.

So as a Lebron hater I go around saying that he should be the MVP this season?

How is that hating? I said Wade's the best but not MVP like Lebron or Kobe.

Simple Jack
03-10-2009, 02:05 AM
Have you read any of my posts in here?

I said Wade doesn't deserve the MVP, though he is the best player in the league. After this 12 game stretch or so it is obvious to me who the best is, and its Wade.

Now where am I being a hypocrite?

And I was arguing he wasn't MVP, not that he wasn't a good player.

plowking -> :cry:

plowking
03-10-2009, 02:07 AM

Even before people were saying Wade>Lebron and it was more divided. I only laughed because you are using formulated stats which you don't even understand that well or at all to back up Lebron's case.

How did Lebron out play Wade in 3 of the 4 games? He won 3 of the 4 due to having the better team, but in no way did he outplay him in 3 of the 4. I personally think Wade played better in the last two games while Lebron was better in the first two. If you do believe Lebron outplayed Wade in those 3 games show me the stats to back it up.

Also this pace argument doesn't work when comparing stars, because either way they are getting there possessions. Lebron is taking the same amount of shots as Wade, and just about the same amount of possession on each play.

The arguments you are using now for Lebron can all be used for Wade in the previous seasons when playing on the championship team. So those formulated stats really don't mean jack.

Hell for the majority of the season I have been saying screw all those formulated stats, which Wade is fairing better then in then Kobe and for those 4 months I was saying Kobe was the better player. So I am hardly a hypocrite.

plowking
03-10-2009, 02:08 AM
And I was arguing he wasn't MVP, not that he wasn't a good player.

plowking -> :cry:

Yet you felt the need to come in here and mention Lebron instead of praise him on great play.

Oooh cute, you are insecure because your favorite player isn't the best anymore.

tedloc
03-10-2009, 02:08 AM
how about y'all get off all three nut sacks and move on.

teams win championships not individual players.

lebron (the king who had no rings)

wade* (should be the palm-olive spokesman)

kobe* (the lakers allen iverson)

*see shaquille o'neal

Micku
03-10-2009, 02:21 AM
*reads the thread*

Well, LBJ always been better in stats than Wade. There are times where Wade was better, but LBJ generally was always better. Each year they both improve on their game. I wouldn't say last year LBJ stats were better than Wade stats this year. Wade is better in every thing except for TOs, REBs, and his 3pointers. LBJ average .3 points more than Wade currently though.

LBJ is having a historical sesson now. Wade is catching up to LBJ. Unless LBJ get his game going on, Wade might pass him in PER if Wade continues to play like he's on a mission to save the world. LBJ had a couple of bad games, so he needs to kick it to gear.

Forget that season, this season alone LeBron's better than Wade in virtually every statistical category. LeBron has a higher PER, a higher TS%, better FT%, better 3pt%, more blocks and steals (when adjusted for pace), a lower turnover rate, a higher rebound rate, more win shares, a better ORTG, a better DRTG, better +/-, better opponent PER. I could just go on and on. Assists is pretty much all Wade has going for him statistically.

LBJ doesn't have a better steal or block rate than Wade. What do you mean with a adjusted pace anyway? And at the moment, LBJ is only a .3 better FT shooter than Wade. It's probably a little higher because Wade FTs was pretty crappy tonight. But yeah, LBJ basically beats Wade in every other advance stats this year and every other year.

And I agree with you that Wade won't get MVP and he shouldn't. Unless the Lakers and the Cavs start losing all of their games from now on, Wade isn't really close to MVP. We should all know by now that MVP never goes to the best player in the league, it goes to the best player on one of the best teams.

And Wade team kind'a sucks. They have potential, but they suck at coordination. Their inconsistent, but it is expected from a rookie team. They need more experience and get their game together. Wade and his team might go pass the first round, but they may not. Who knows until the playoff comes along. Wade is entertaining to watch play though. As everyone else said, he reminds me of a young Jordan, more than any other player in the NBA. Props to Wade and hopefully he'll have a good future. I want to see a Wade vs LBJ in the playoffs with each of them having good teams.

Simple Jack
03-10-2009, 02:25 AM
Yet you felt the need to come in here and mention Lebron instead of praise him on great play.

Oooh cute, you are insecure because your favorite player isn't the best anymore.

Because of the faulty logic. Who said LeBron's my favorite player?

JustinJDW
03-10-2009, 02:30 AM
After Tonight, there is no question.

Dwayne Wade for 2009 NBA MVP. Period.

Simple Jack
03-10-2009, 03:05 AM
After Tonight, there is no question.

Dwayne Wade for 2009 NBA MVP. Period.

:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

jrong
03-10-2009, 03:10 AM
And I was arguing he wasn't MVP, not that he wasn't a good player. plowking -> :cry:

It's not about the MVP. It's about who is the best player on earth. If Wade wins the award, it's merely validation. If he doesn't, then it doesn't change the fact.

I don't know if the way Wade is playing over the last month is just going to be an amazing chapter in his story or if it will become the norm. But, if Wade does carry this play over to next year, then it will become utterly inarguable that he is the best player in the world, whether or not ESPN will say so. Not Kobe. Not LeBron. Dwyane Wade. BIW.

S13M
03-10-2009, 03:14 AM

EricForman
03-10-2009, 03:25 AM

:

Yeah, I'd say Wade right now plays like 80s Jordan, only he's shorter and about 85-88% as skilled as Jordan was.

Simple Jack
03-10-2009, 03:46 AM
It's not about the MVP. It's about who is the best player on earth. If Wade wins the award, it's merely validation. If he doesn't, then it doesn't change the fact.

I don't know if the way Wade is playing over the last month is just going to be an amazing chapter in his story or if it will become the norm. But, if Wade does carry this play over to next year, then it will become utterly inarguable that he is the best player in the world, whether or not ESPN will say so. Not Kobe. Not LeBron. Dwyane Wade. BIW.

Yes it is. That's what this thread is about haha.

As for who is the best player, I'm assuming "winning" means nothing to you? If Wade continues to play like this on an average team and wins nothing, Kobe and LeBron winning on good teams with similar but worse stats will forever be recognized as better players.

plowking
03-10-2009, 03:53 AM

As for who is the best player, I'm assuming "winning" means nothing to you? If Wade continues to play like this on an average team and wins nothing, Kobe and LeBron winning on good teams with similar but worse stats will forever be recognized as better players.

Well discredit Lebron's 30-8-7 season then. It simply wasn't on a good team. Plus Wade had comparable stats that season. So I guess Wade>Lebron then, right?

As to answer your question. You didn't say that Lebron was your favorite player, though its clearly obvious by your homerism.

Qdouble
03-10-2009, 03:54 AM
Guys, as much as he's important to his team and doing well, he's not gonna win it until his team is a contender. If Kobe Bryant who averaged 35 points, 5 boards, 5 assists and a shade under 2 steals and led his team to 45 wins didn't even sniff the award in 2006, how is Wade going to win it? He'll probably be in the same boat as Bryant. He'll need to be on a top-three team in his conference before they award him based on past experiences (like Kobe). Had the Hornets finished with a better record than the Lakes last year, CP3 should have definitely won it, but Lakers finished with a better record, and Kobe's past achievement were brought into consideration.

Hell, you know it's messed up when Shaq only has one.

jrong
03-10-2009, 04:02 AM

Kobe and LeBron have never played like Wade has over the last month. Ever.

As I said in the other thread, Kobe had four straight fifty pointers and nine straight fourty pointers. But, the all-around production was absent.

LeBron had some incredible performances in his incredible seasons. But, find me a ten game stretch where he averaged 38/6/11/3/1.5 on 58% shooting. That's up there with MJ in 1989-- in other words, the very best of Jordan.

If Wade returns to normal mega-star level, we can resume the three way debate about who the best is. But over the last four weeks, Wade has been a pantheon level player, playing the game the way only a few have ever played it. If he has taken his game to another level permanently, then the long-running Kobe/LBJ debate will now boil down to who is second best and who is third best.

ronnymac
03-10-2009, 04:09 AM
He just Scores so effeciently for primeter player.terrefic mid-range game, terrefic outside shooter and is deadly on the break or when he is attacking the basket.the thing impressed me the most is how many assists he is dishing off latley.he has no weakness on offense. even on defense he is a fantastic shot blocker for his position.

Thunderstruck
03-10-2009, 04:26 AM
1. Comparison's to Jordan got old 10 years ago. D-Wade is D-Wade.

2. I don't know how anyone who loves basketball could say they aren't a fan of Dwyane Wade. I'm a fan of anyone with his degree of talent. He is amazing to watch. Maybe it's because I have never had a team of my own (until this year), but the NBA has always been to me about watching amazing basketball so I don't see how people cannot be a fan of someone as good as he is. I'm not a Heat fan, but I sure as hell am a Dwyane Wade fan.

3. This hater crap also gets old. Why do some of you feel the need to tear down one player to build up the next? Bron and Kobe are both amazing players and their accomplishments this year do not take away from what Wade has done. This type of competition is great for the league.

Simple Jack
03-10-2009, 04:29 AM
Well discredit Lebron's 30-8-7 season then. It simply wasn't on a good team. Plus Wade had comparable stats that season. So I guess Wade>Lebron then, right?

As to answer your question. You didn't say that Lebron was your favorite player, though its clearly obvious by your homerism.

That's my point dude. You're the one who is pulling for Wade for MVP right now and making no mention of LeBron's MVP like season last year.

And how exactly does that make Wade > LeBron?

I'm from NY, and LeBron isn't my favorite player. I enjoy watching the greats play and I have no more bias or subjectivity for LeBron than I do for other players. You're making yourself sound real stupid here.

Simple Jack
03-10-2009, 04:31 AM
Kobe and LeBron have never played like Wade has over the last month. Ever.

As I said in the other thread, Kobe had four straight fifty pointers and nine straight fourty pointers. But, the all-around production was absent.

LeBron had some incredible performances in his incredible seasons. But, find me a ten game stretch where he averaged 38/6/11/3/1.5 on 58% shooting. That's up there with MJ in 1989-- in other words, the very best of Jordan.

If Wade returns to normal mega-star level, we can resume the three way debate about who the best is. But over the last four weeks, Wade has been a pantheon level player, playing the game the way only a few have ever played it. If he has taken his game to another level permanently, then the long-running Kobe/LBJ debate will now boil down to who is second best and who is third best.

Why do you keep wasting your time?

First of all, a season is longer than 1 month. Secondly, no one is denying what Wade is doing right now to be anything short of unbelievable. Thirdly, this is a thread about Wade for MVP, not the best player in the league.

jrong
03-10-2009, 04:46 AM
This hater crap also gets old. Why do some of you feel the need to tear down one player to build up the next? Bron and Kobe are both amazing players and their accomplishments this year do not take away from what Wade has done. This type of competition is great for the league.

What you have to understand is that it's not about hating. There is an obvious double standard at work here, and Heat/ Wade fans , as well as other NBA fans from what I'm seeing, are reacting to it.

Have you ever heard women say that they have to be better than men in school or in the workplace to be treated equally? (It's a long running female complaint about society). Well, Wade could empathize. He has to be better than Kobe and LeBron to be given anywhere close to equal treatment by the press.

The media is now saying he may be a legitimate MVP candidate. What they're not saying is that for a while now he's been playing at a level the other two have never touched.

Try to imagine how the sports mediasphere would have reacted if LeBron had a whole month where his numbers were on par with the best of Michael Jordan. It would be featured on every talk program on ESPN. NBATV would probably dedicate another 24 hour block to him. GOAT proclamations would appear in sports columns across the country.

But, all Wade gets is, "He might be giving LeBron and Kobe a run for their money." And this theme has been recurrent throughout Wade's entire career. What's his commercial called again? "Same Day. Same Story."

Bigsmoke
03-10-2009, 04:50 AM
his team record isnt good enough though

Bigsmoke
03-10-2009, 05:03 AM
his team's record isnt good enough though

plowking
03-10-2009, 10:15 AM
That's my point dude. You're the one who is pulling for Wade for MVP right now and making no mention of LeBron's MVP like season last year.

And how exactly does that make Wade > LeBron?

I'm from NY, and LeBron isn't my favorite player. I enjoy watching the greats play and I have no more bias or subjectivity for LeBron than I do for other players. You're making yourself sound real stupid here.

Are you dense? I'm being serious when I ask that question.

Where the **** did I say Wade deserves the MVP this season? I said the exact opposite. Wade does not deserve the MVP. Kobe or Lebron deserve it.

And as for reference, Lebron didn't deserve it last season.

Did you understand? Or do I need to repeat for the fifth time that I don't think Wade deserves it this season.

plowking
03-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Oh and Simple Jack, I don't care where you're from, you're a Lebron groupie.

PoGoMon
03-10-2009, 10:29 AM
It was damn impressive, and he's been the best player this year, but there's no best player award, and he's heading for 45wins.

45 wins doesn't get the MVP any year, let alone a year where Kobe and Lebron are both looking at 65 wins.

Wrong! In '75/76, Kareem got the MVP,when his team was 40/42!!

Does that blow your mind? It shouldn't - he played for the MIGHTY Lakers.:roll:

Now, maybe some will see that these awards mean nothing - NADA! Winning the ring is what separates the men from the wannabes!

Harry Potty
03-10-2009, 10:44 AM
This thread proves that LeBron fanboys are highly insecure and threatened by the success of Wade.

Even Kobe/Lakers fans are giving D-Wade credit and saying that he should win the MVP. But leave it to the butt-hurt LeBron fanatics to start doing their usual thing.....:cry:

PoGoMon
03-10-2009, 10:49 AM
his team's record isnt good enough though

Geez, HISTORY of this game should count.

Again - Kareem was the MVP in '75'76 and his team was 19 games in back - in the west. His team was 40/42. There has ALWAYS been a double standard in these award things.

THAT is why one has to count the NUMBER of championships as the ONLY way to measure greatness for an individual or a team!!!:cheers:

Lebron23
03-10-2009, 10:52 AM
Geez, HISTORY of this game should count.

Again - Kareem was the MVP in '75'76 and his team was 19 games in back - in the west. His team was 40/42. There has ALWAYS been a double standard in these award things.

THAT is why one has to count the NUMBER of championships as the ONLY way to measure greatness for an individual or a team!!!:cheers:

What's Kareem stats in the 1975-76 NBA Season?

Sandjo
03-10-2009, 10:56 AM
I just love Wade's game, and to me he's clearly playing the best basketball in the league right now. But that's not (all) what the MVP is about, not historically anyway, and within the classical interpretation of the award I agree that he would need more wins in an excellent season for both the Lakers and Cavs. Sure doesn't take anything away from him as a player though :eek: :bowdown:

PoGoMon
03-10-2009, 10:59 AM
What's Kareem stats in the 1975-76 NBA Season?

Does it matter when your team is 40/42?:confusedshrug:

BTW, Bob McAdoo had more ppg than Kareem that year. Wes Unseld was among 4 others with a higher per centage for shooting, Buffalo had 46 wins, and Washington had 48 wins that year.

Lebron23
03-10-2009, 11:02 AM
The MVP trophy is just a distraction to Mr. James. He should focus on leading the Cavaliers into the NBA Finals this year.

It will be a great honor to the City of Cleveland, if the Cavs won their first NBA Championship.

LeBron already stated that the Cavaliers main goal this season is beat the Boston Celtics in the playoffs.

I rather see him win the NBA Finals MVP.

Human Error
03-10-2009, 11:36 AM
On the current Heat, no one other than Wade is close to all-star. MVP is all about the best player, not about the player who has the best teammtes. It's not Wade's fault that he starts with a rookie point guard who's averaging single digit points, one of the worst starting power forwards in the game, and a small forward who couldn't even start on a lottery team(Raptors).

No Heat fans would even consider trading Wade for Kobe.

But I know a lot of Laker fans would trade Kobe for Wade in a heartbeat.

Right now, it's Wade = LeBron > Kobe.

PoGoMon
03-10-2009, 11:44 AM
The MVP trophy is just a distraction to Mr. James. He should focus on leading the Cavaliers into the NBA Finals this year.

It will be a great honor to the City of Cleveland, if the Cavs won their first NBA Championship.

LeBron already stated that the Cavaliers main goal this season is beat the Boston Celtics in the playoffs.

I agree!:applause:

To think that Jordan won the finals award all 6 of the times he went to the finals is amazing. That is a record that more than likely will never be matched!

lefthook00
03-10-2009, 11:47 AM
Dwayne really is the master when he isn't injured...I don't know how long he can keep this going though, he plays like a freak...

lefthook00
03-10-2009, 11:50 AM
Right now, it's Wade = LeBron > Kobe.

I agree, RIGHT NOW, meaning this season...but Kobe a few years back with a sh*t team > Wade with a sh*t team.

Mdog1
03-10-2009, 12:19 PM
Nah won't happen. LOL at DWade winning MVP. I am sorry, but no matter how good his numbers actually are it doesn't matter. Let's just say that James team wins 65 games, and Wades magically gets to 50 wins (16-3) is his stats (worse than James last year) enough to negate James teams extra 15 wins? If it is then why was James amazing stats last year not enough to negate the 12 less wins of Kobe Bryant? James numbers last year>> DWades this year.

iggy>
03-10-2009, 12:25 PM
I agree, RIGHT NOW, meaning this season...but Kobe a few years back with a sh*t team > Wade with a sh*t team.
but kobe didnt dish out 8 dimes per game in those years, he just put up the points.

iDunk
03-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Lets not forget hes back from a big injury he had. And hes playing at this level. He is hands down the most clutch and best player in the league currently.

PoGoMon
03-10-2009, 12:47 PM

You mean '04/'05 when his team did not make the playoffs with their 34/48 year? When Kobe only had..
Odom( he made the playoffs with Wade the year before), Caron Butler,D.George, J. Jones,B.Cook, Brian Grant, Luke Walton, Sasha Vujacic....:applause:

Meticode
03-10-2009, 12:51 PM

I agree. Bringing a championship to a market like Cleveland and its first will grant him better recognition than any MVP ever will. But to some NBA fans it won't matter anyway since they've gathered so much hate towards him.

RajonKGcelts
03-10-2009, 12:52 PM
I am convinced that Wade is the mvp now, he's convinced me. Hes carrying his team with godly like numbers

Simple Jack
03-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Oh and Simple Jack, I don't care where you're from, you're a Lebron groupie.

This is a thread about Wade being MVP, which has little to no logical reasoning behind it; I simply pointed it out using past examples and now you're crying like your in 2nd grade and **** your pants. Grow up, son.

jrong
03-10-2009, 01:02 PM
Nah won't happen. LOL at DWade winning MVP. I am sorry, but no matter how good his numbers actually are it doesn't matter. Let's just say that James team wins 65 games, and Wades magically gets to 50 wins (16-3) is his stats (worse than James last year) enough to negate James teams extra 15 wins? If it is then why was James amazing stats last year not enough to negate the 12 less wins of Kobe Bryant? James numbers last year>> DWades this year.

Only if you're only considering pts, rbs., and asts. Overall, and from an efficiency standpoint, Wade's season is better than any season James has had before this one. And Wade is closing hard on James's efficiency lead this year. He could overtake him in the next few games.

LA_Showtime
03-10-2009, 01:06 PM
Kobe deserves MVP. He's 20 times the player D-Wade is.

Actually I think D-Wade has been the best player in the NBA this season and if I could vote, I would vote for him. But hey, this is more fun.

Indian guy
03-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Even before people were saying Wade>Lebron and it was more divided.

Probably to Wade fans. Not to anyone else.

I only laughed because you are using formulated stats which you don't even understand that well or at all to back up Lebron's case.

I don't understand? :oldlol:. More like YOU don't understand. Majority of the numbers are minutes and pace adjusted. Which is the more accurate way of comparing Wade and LeBron given their situations.

but in no way did he outplay him in 3 of the 4. I personally think Wade played better in the last two games while Lebron was better in the first two.

Fair enough, although I'll generously call Game 3 a wash and give Game 4 to Wade. LeBron clearly outplayed Wade in the first 2, Game 3 he scored more on a far better FG%, better FT%, better 3p%, more rebounds, equivalent blocks, less turnovers and most importantly, he completely outplayed Wade in crunch time. Game 4 Wade played better, although that was a very mediocre night for him. Overall, in 4 games LeBron averaged 31/7/8 on 53% shooting. Wade average 29/6/10 on 44% shooting. Easy to see who was better.

Also this pace argument doesn't work when comparing stars, because either way they are getting there possessions.

Pace-wise LeBron is higher than Wade in pretty much EVERYTHING, not just scoring. So this argument doesn't stand. We're not just discussing PPG here. LeBron's averaged more PPG than Wade ever has in 2 seasons. So I KNOW he can score more.

Lebron is taking the same amount of shots as Wade

Uhh, no he's not. He's attempting 2 less shots per game than Wade. And shooting a much higher TS%.

and just about the same amount of possession on each play.

Wade's usage rate is almost 2 points higher than LeBron's. And higher than ANY season in LeBron's career. So it isn't the same at all.

The arguments you are using now for Lebron can all be used for Wade in the previous seasons when playing on the championship team. So those formulated stats really don't mean jack.

Uh...what? You're displaying your ignorance about statistics again. Head-to-Head LeBron's ALWAYS had a better PER than Wade. ALWAYS. Wade's only had a better offensive rating than LeBron ONCE - in their rookie season! Had a better defensive rating ONLY twice in their 6 seasons. LeBron's ALWAYS had higher offensive and defensive win shares. Always. So I'd love to know what arguments fans were using to say Wade>LeBron in previous seasons. Prior to this month, NOBODY the last 3 seasons were making an argument for Wade>LeBron. Which isn't to say it wasn't close, but LeBron had the edge in the majority's opinion.

Hell for the majority of the season I have been saying screw all those formulated stats

Of course you were :oldlol:. Your boy wasn't ahead, so how could you?

So I am hardly a hypocrite.

No, you're just an insecure LeBron hater(and for some inane reason you're very defensive about this) with a limited grasp of statistics. And can you please STOP calling others homers/groupies? You're not in any position to do so with the way you've always sucked off Wade. I can't believe I even have to say this...just STFU about others being "homers". You're the biggest one here.

crisoner
03-10-2009, 01:12 PM
He should not get it because he does not play for a contender plain and simple.
Those have been the rules for a long long time. Sometimes there are exceptions...sometimes but with a LeBron on the Cavs...Kobe on the Lakers...and Howard on the Magic (Ill even throw that out there) no way does Wade get the MVP. But he is having a great season to say the least.

Mdog1
03-10-2009, 04:34 PM
Only if you're only considering pts, rbs., and asts. Overall, and from an efficiency standpoint, Wade's season is better than any season James has had before this one. And Wade is closing hard on James's efficiency lead this year. He could overtake him in the next few games.
Nobody has ever got the numbers that James got last year. Not MJ, not the Big O, nobody except James. This is including blocks, steals as well.

PoGoMon
03-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Kobe deserves MVP. He's 20 times the player D-Wade is.

Actually I think D-Wade has been the best player in the NBA this season and if I could vote, I would vote for him. But hey, this is more fun.

Ahh, but then why does Flash have a finals MVP and Kobe doesn't?:ohwell:

jrong
03-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Nobody has ever got the numbers that James got last year. Not MJ, not the Big O, nobody except James. This is including blocks, steals as well.

Then why is Wade's PER this year significantly higher than James's PER last year? LeBron is having a historically efficient season this year, but last year? Also, I can't see how his regular stat numbers last year compare to MJ's 32.5/8/8/3/1/53%/85%....

Mdog1
03-10-2009, 05:09 PM
Then why is Wade's PER this year significantly higher than James's PER last year? LeBron is having a historically efficient season this year, but last year? Also, I can't see how his regular stat numbers last year compare to MJ's 32.5/8/8/3/1/53%/85%....
I am just telling you that James is the only person to ever average what he did in one year. Wades PER is less because he plays less.

I meant Wades PER is more.

jrong
03-10-2009, 05:29 PM
I am just telling you that James is the only person to ever average what he did in one year. Wades PER is less because he plays less.

I meant Wades PER is more.

OK, but what about his stats were better than MJ in 1989? Look at Jordan's numbers I posted above. I don't see one category that Bron beat him in.

Rockets(T-mac)
03-10-2009, 06:53 PM
Man is a monster, definitely the best player in the league right now to me. And he is playing great defense to go alone with his offense.

04mzwach
03-10-2009, 07:01 PM

That is just amazing.
:applause: :bowdown:

detroitdogg
03-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Nobody has ever got the numbers that James got last year. Not MJ, not the Big O, nobody except James. This is including blocks, steals as well.Dude, have you looked at any of the numbers. Wade has averaged more blocks and steals than Lebron every year, and he is averaging more this year than Bron did last year, and Wades blocks and steals are tops in the league every year.

Wade has been the best shotblocking Guard in the NBA since his rookie year, every year he has been #1. I may go as far as saying the best shotblocking guard ever, but he has to keep it over 1pg (this will be his 4th season over 1 I believe) for at least 4-5 more seasons.

Kappy
03-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Unfortunately, neither Wade nor Kobe will win the 2009 MVP. "Bron Bron" has been designated the GOLDEN BOY, and the NBA WANTS James to win it ..... Even if he doesn't DESERVE it!!!

:rant :rant

crisoner
03-10-2009, 07:08 PM
How does Bron not deserve it?

Best player on a contending team????

If the Heat had one of the best records and a shot at the title (which they don't) then yes Wade deserves the award. But that's not the case.

Just like the Kobe backers a few years back kept saying Kobe deserved it...if you are not on a contending team you will not get the award. And I have to agree that is only fair.

Doranku
03-10-2009, 07:13 PM
OK, but what about his stats were better than MJ in 1989? Look at Jordan's numbers I posted above. I don't see one category that Bron beat him in.

Mdog is only 14 years old, he is a blind LeBron homer and doesn't know anything about the NBA prior to 2000.

Kevin_Garnett_5
03-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Wade has been playing phenomenal basketball. I think he's the best player in the league this season.

detroitdogg
03-10-2009, 07:35 PM
Bron Best Season

30.0ppg 7.9rpg 7.2apg 1.8spg 1.1bpg 48.4fg% 31.5three% 71.2ft%

In 40.4 Minuter Per Game

Kobe Best Season

35.4ppg 5.3rpg 4.5apg 1.5spg 0.4bpg 45.0fg% 34.7three% 85.0ft%

In 41.0 Minutes Per Game

Wade This Year

29.7ppg 5.1rpg 7.7apg 2.2spg 1.4bpg 49.5fg% 31.6three% 76.4ft%

In 38.5 Minutes Per Game

^Just had to set a few of yall straight, neither Bron or Kobes best seasons has any type of advantage on Wade of this year. Consider hes playing bout 3 less minutes than Kobe and Bron did, and considering the majority of his numbers still being higher, I dont see where yall dudes are coming from saying their seasons were better, they both did deserve MVP on those years though if thats the arguement, I 100% agree with that. Wade will not win the MVP this year, but considering that his numbers are amazing and still going up every game, he may end up with the best statistical season in NBA history according to that irrelevent ass PER statistic.

zabuza666
03-10-2009, 07:44 PM
Bron Best Season

In 40.4 Minuter Per Game

Kobe Best Season

35.4ppg 5.3rpg 4.5apg 1.5spg 0.4bpg 45.0fg% 34.7three% 85.0ft%

In 41.0 Minutes Per Game

Wade This Year

29.7ppg 5.1rpg 7.7apg 2.2spg 1.4bpg 49.5fg% 31.6three% 76.4ft%

In 38.5 Minutes Per Game

^Just had to set a few of yall straight, neither Bron or Kobes best seasons has any type of advantage on Wade of this year. Consider hes playing bout 3 less minutes than Kobe and Bron did, and considering the majority of his numbers still being higher, I dont see where yall dudes are coming from saying their seasons were better, they both did deserve MVP on those years though if thats the arguement, I 100% agree with that. Wade will not win the MVP this year, but considering that his numbers are amazing and still going up every game, he may end up with the best statistical season in NBA history according to that irrelevent ass PER statistic.

Based on those numbers wade's season is better then kiobe's or lebron's.

Micku
03-10-2009, 07:50 PM
Bron Best Season

Nope, this is Bron's best year in PER and in D. He's playing less mins, taking less shots with a good FG%, and his playing good D. He is having his historic sesson right now along with Wade's best sesson.

-M-I
03-10-2009, 08:08 PM
Nope, this is Bron's best year in PER and in D. He's playing less mins, taking less shots with a good FG%, and his playing good D. He is having his historic sesson right now along with Wade's best sesson.

Agreed. His points may not be as high but everything else is on par with seasons before and his percentages are better. Honestly, its been a while since I've seen some good basketball like this from a group of players so I'm just going to enjoy it instead of over analyzing it.

detroitdogg
03-10-2009, 08:21 PM
Nope, this is Bron's best year in PER and in D. He's playing less mins, taking less shots with a good FG%, and his playing good D. He is having his historic sesson right now along with Wade's best sesson.Yeah, I cosign Brons current season being better, I just used last season cause everyone else was saying Brons stats last year were better than Wades stats right now, which is far from the truth. Wade may actually catch Bron before seasons end in the irrelevent PER stat. He was 4 points behind him when I checked about a month ago, and Wade was shooting 47%, his numbers have skyrocketed.

Im glad as hell we may possibly see a few years of playoff battles between Bron and Wade, and they see each other 4 times per year. I hope them boys meet this year, ratings will be through the roof.

Mdog1
03-10-2009, 11:32 PM
Again I said nobody has averaged James numbers. As in nobody has combined pts/reb/ast/stl/blk at the same rate.

jrong
03-10-2009, 11:58 PM
Again I said nobody has averaged James numbers. As in nobody has combined pts/reb/ast/stl/blk at the same rate.

Explain how. The only thing I can think of is that I believe MJ's blocks were kind of low that year, maybe .8 or so. But, if LeBron is getting credit for, say, uniquely accomplishing a 30/8/7/2/1 season, then to me that's a misleading statistical accomplishment. Because Jordan's '89 season was better in every single category except blocks.

D-Shark
03-11-2009, 12:00 AM
I don't think that Wade will win it given that the Heat are not one of the best teams in the NBA. That award usualy goes to the best player on one of the best teams.

detroitdogg
03-11-2009, 12:07 AM
Explain how. The only thing I can think of is that I believe MJ's blocks were kind of low that year, maybe .8 or so. But, if LeBron is getting credit for, say, uniquely accomplishing a 30/8/7/2/1 season, then to me that's a misleading statistical accomplishment. Because Jordan's '89 season was better in every single category except blocks.Exactly, and Wades numbers are all better except rebounds, dont even argue with dude, he is lost. Can you explain this specific thing that only Bron and Oscar did fam

Lebron23
03-11-2009, 12:07 AM
Explain how. The only thing I can think of is that I believe MJ's blocks were kind of low that year, maybe .8 or so. But, if LeBron is getting credit for, say, uniquely accomplishing a 30/8/7/2/1 season, then to me that's a misleading statistical accomplishment. Because Jordan's '89 season was better in every single category except blocks.

Not according to the Elias Sports Bureau. LeBron have the best statistics in the modern era.

- According to the Elias Sports Bureau, since the league began tracking steals and blocks in the 1973-74 season, no player has averaged at least 30 points, 7.9 boards, 7 assists, 1.8 steals and 1.0 blocks per game in a season with a minimum of 70 games played.

-Even if you take away the steals requirement, no other in that span equaled James' numbers this year. His ability to score, see the floor and block shots makes him one of the NBA's all-time rare talents.

Take away the blocked shots, and the list remains exceedingly short: James and Michael Jordan, who averaged 32.5 points, 8.0 rebounds, 8.0 assists and 2.9 steals in the 1988-89 season (he fell short only in blocked shots, at 0.8 per game).

LeBron among the greats

Only three players in NBA history have averaged at least 30 points, seven rebounds and seven assists per game in a season with a minimum of 70 games played: Michael Jordan (once), Oscar Robertson (five times) and LeBron James this season.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/2008-04-07-scorers-table_N.htm

detroitdogg
03-11-2009, 12:23 AM
Not according to the Elias Sports Bureau. LeBron have the best statistics in the modern era.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/2008-04-07-scorers-table_N.htmGood **** my dude, I kinda had an idea that that is what it was. It really makes no point towards Wade though, take away rebounds ke is killin Bron, and im sure there will be a similiar statistic to what Wade is doing this season when you count fg%, so its true, but not saying much in this arguement.

jrong
03-11-2009, 12:51 AM

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/2008-04-07-scorers-table_N.htm

So it's exactly what I said. Jordan missed the block shot requirement by .2 bpg, but apart from that he led LeBron in all four other categories on the list, not to mention FG% and FT%.

danumber88
03-11-2009, 01:05 AM
He is making noise and that span of 35/11 assist! is insane.. not to mention the fact he shot over 55%+ ..

Yes this guy screams mvp, its like he's giving 150% each and every game.

cdbleb
04-11-2009, 04:14 AM
This isnt my video but it was kinda interesting to hear Jordan speak that highly of Wade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17D9IyK4rwY

TMacYaoRockets
04-11-2009, 04:18 AM
This isnt my video but it was kinda interesting to hear Jordan speak that highly of Wade.

He talks highly of every MVP candidate.

momo
04-11-2009, 04:21 AM
Nice vid.

KeylessEntry
04-11-2009, 04:25 AM
damn that is some praise from the goat right there

Juges8932
04-11-2009, 04:29 AM

It is interesting. I always like hearing his point of view.

Diesel J
04-11-2009, 06:20 AM
Just for fun, I looked at Lebron and Wades numbers for March since this thread was made around the time of Wades insane play and the Cavs happened to win 13 in a row.

This is the month that wade made his claim for MVP he was like "Let me make a run for that MVP, Ill see if can get 30 pts and 10 ast every night" and Lebron said "Hold up son, this MVP is mine. Yall can't see my 30 point triple doubles!" ....KObe was like "Guys, slow up!! My forte is scoring only.. Im not capable of the kind of all around stats you two are putting up. but I'll chuck away and try to score the points even if Gasol is shooting 60FG%+ from the field" lol

D Wade's March numbers from 3/2-3/30

33.7 pts
181-361 FG's
7.9 ast
3.4 TO's
5.3 rbs
2.9 stls
1.1 blks

8-8 Team Record

Lebron's March numbers from 3/1-3/31

28.2 pts
159-337 FG's
8.4 ast
2.6 TO's
8.9 rbs
1.8 stls
1.3 blks

16-1 Team Record

Let's also take a look at the other guy in the MVP race

Kobe's March numbers from 3/1-3/31

25.5 pts
146-338 FG's
4.6 ast
2.1 TO's
4.7 rbs
2.1 stls
0.7 blks

10-5 Team Record

RoseCity07
04-11-2009, 07:28 AM
I don't even know how the most hardcore Wade fan could seriously argue Wade is the MVP. I like Wade as much as Brandon Roy, and don't even really like Lebron particularly.

Yet, this is a no brainer. Lebron is the clear cut MVP. Best record in the league, best player in the league. He is almost averaging a triple double for god sake.

It's over. Lebron won this sh*t already.

Raps4Life
04-11-2009, 07:38 AM
Love D-Wade, probably my favourite player between him, Lebron and Kobe. I think he should get serious MVP consideration. However the OP loses all credibility when he says that Lebron and Kobe can't touch him. Lebron should win it, but if you are looking at TRUE MVP (most valuable to his team), the Heat would be at the bottom of the East without him.

ExtremeHops
04-11-2009, 08:53 AM
DWade is my favourite player at the moment, and IMO the most exciting of the 3. He is arguably the best player at the moment, but I would still have to give LeBron the MVP. He is also putting up insane allround numbers (just behind Wade), and is leading his team to the best record in the league, with an inferior cast to the Lakers IMO.

For me LeBron is the best leader of the 3. Obviously the Heat would suck without Wade, but I believe LeBron truly gets the best out of his teammates and helps elevate their play. The Cavs do not have the most talented roster in the league (Lakers/Celtics), but yet they will probably end up with the best record - and that is mostly down to LeBron.

plowking
04-11-2009, 09:39 AM
Just for fun, I looked at Lebron and Wades numbers for March since this thread was made around the time of Wades insane play and the Cavs happened to win 13 in a row.

This is the month that wade made his claim for MVP he was like "Let me make a run for that MVP, Ill see if can get 30 pts and 10 ast every night" and Lebron said "Hold up son, this MVP is mine. Yall can't see my 30 point triple doubles!" ....KObe was like "Guys, slow up!! My forte is scoring only.. Im not capable of the kind of all around stats you two are putting up. but I'll chuck away and try to score the points even if Gasol is shooting 60FG%+ from the field" lol

D Wade's March numbers from 3/2-3/30

33.7 pts
181-361 FG's
7.9 ast
3.4 TO's
5.3 rbs
2.9 stls
1.1 blks

8-8 Team Record

Lebron's March numbers from 3/1-3/31

28.2 pts
159-337 FG's
8.4 ast
2.6 TO's
8.9 rbs
1.8 stls
1.3 blks

16-1 Team Record

Let's also take a look at the other guy in the MVP race

Kobe's March numbers from 3/1-3/31

25.5 pts
146-338 FG's
4.6 ast
2.1 TO's
4.7 rbs
2.1 stls
0.7 blks

10-5 Team Record

Wade's amazing streak actually went from mid Jan to mid Feb.

His numbers were something like 37/10/7/3/2 on 55% shooting and 50% from 3pt with 90% FT shooting.

plowking
04-11-2009, 09:47 AM
Let's hope the voters for MVP see this and start a Wade craze for MVP like they did for Nash.

juju151111
04-11-2009, 09:49 AM
MJ did with better numbers.:no:

Mdog1
04-11-2009, 09:57 AM
MJ did with better numbers.:no:
No he didn't not all in one season. I refuse to look it up again because I have before, but if you want to look it up go right ahead and feel very stupid while doing it.

MVP has been over for quite some time. The most interesting thing right now is the 8 seed in the East, but then who cares about that.

juju151111
04-11-2009, 10:01 AM
No he didn't not all in one season. I refuse to look it up again because I have before, but if you want to look it up go right ahead and feel very stupid while doing it.

MVP has been over for quite some time. The most interesting thing right now is the 8 seed in the East, but then who cares about that.
I agree LJ will get the MVP (even tho wade is better) but MJ 89 season>LJ last year.

Mdog1
04-11-2009, 10:04 AM
I agree LJ will get the MVP (even tho wade is better) but MJ 89 season>LJ last year.
I completely agree that MJ's year was incredible, and it was better. But like I said he didn't have all of James numbers as in 30/7.?/7.?/1.?/? he didn't have the steals, blocks, assists, rebounds, points (maybe not even turnovers lol).

terp954
04-11-2009, 10:06 AM
wow its amazing you see him as unstopable..dude has 2 50 point games in his whole career..Kobe can do that in a week. he must be stopable they got plenty of L's and that heat team is not sorry. He mad Shawn Marrion no better at all maybe worse. the idea of him for mvp is crazy. Kobe carried Kwame brown and smush parker to the playoffs in a much much tougher West while avg 35 a game..and first team all defense and he came in fourth in the MVP voting. if 35 points a game gets you 4th..i dont see how 30 points and 40 some wins even gets you close

yobore
04-11-2009, 10:07 AM

with 5 stats there are a lot of possible combinations you can do to make that. I'm pretty sure no one has done Paul's current stats before either.

But, Lebron has definitely had one of the best seasons ever and there is no reason that this was a discussion for as long as it was. The media just doesn't get any attention when it's a runaway so they let Kobe and Wade get 1st in the rankings every once in a while.

juju151111
04-11-2009, 10:08 AM
I completely agree that MJ's year was incredible, and it was better. But like I said he didn't have all of James numbers as in 30/7.?/7.?/1.?/? he didn't have the steals, blocks, assists, rebounds, points (maybe not even turnovers lol).
The only thing he didn't have was the blks everything else MJ did better. I get wat your saying tho. Nobody had the combination of numbers that james had.I can use MJ FG% has his 5 stat tho so yea.

juju151111
04-11-2009, 10:11 AM
Wade studied MJ tapes this year and he got MJ trainer.

PleezeBelieve
04-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Diesel, you seen jrong lately?

Yeah, me neither.

:oldlol:

DukeDelonte13
04-11-2009, 10:28 AM
Is this thread still going on? :oldlol:

Indian guy
04-11-2009, 10:48 AM

Yeah, me neither.

He only shows up when Wade has a BIG game or does something great late. Neither has happened much lately, if at all. Good riddance.

Is this thread still going on? :oldlol:

I know :oldlol:. This MVP "race" has been over for a month at least. The voting will be the most lopsided since 2000 Shaq.

PoGoMon
04-11-2009, 11:09 AM

Here we go again! :rolleyes:

1975'76 - Kareem and his LALakers with 40 wins and 42 losses won the league MVP -

while Bob McAdoo (Buffalo 46/36) led the league in scoring with 31.1 PPG,

and Wes Unseld (washington - 48/34) led the league in FG% with .56085,

while Kareem did lead in rebounds with 16.9 RPG to 6'9" Dave Cowens' (Boston - 54/28) 16.0 RPG.

HISTORY lesson #5.

PS!! Buffalo, Boston, and Washington all made the playoffs - LA did NOT!

mhg88
04-11-2009, 11:10 AM
He mad Shawn Marrion no better at all maybe worse.
Marion blows if you haven't noticed.

f 35 points a game gets you 4th..i dont see how 30 points and 40 some wins even gets you close
So scoring is the only way of assessing a player's value? Idiot.

Diesel J
04-11-2009, 11:11 AM

Yeah, me neither.

plowking
04-11-2009, 11:47 AM

He only shows up when Wade has a BIG game or does something great late. Neither has happened much lately, if at all. Good riddance.

I know :oldlol:. This MVP "race" has been over for a month at least. The voting will be the most lopsided since 2000 Shaq.

Wade is averaging 30/8/5. Pretty much every game is a big game for him. :roll:

DukeDelonte13
04-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Anyone interested in an Avy bet for MVP?

1~Gibson~1
04-11-2009, 12:11 PM

:bowdown:all of that would make since if you were arguing who was the best player in the NBA, but we're not discussing that. this is an MVP topic, NOT a "Who's the best in the NBA topic".

if you're going to troll, stay on topic :hammerhead:

Samurai Swoosh
04-11-2009, 12:45 PM
Wade's had a crazy year, and I told you fellas in the summer he was my sleeper pick for MVP. But LeBron's case is way too strong right now given combonation of best record / team and individual performance. If Wade's team had 5 - 8 more wins it would be a really tough decision. Hell, if the Hornets had a better record, I'd find it extremely hard to deny CP3 and his 23 ppg, 11 apg, 6 rpg, and 3 spg

beasly15
04-11-2009, 12:52 PM
wade is having an incredible year and he deserves the mvp. and jordan is right.

wade MVP. my vote.

zay_24
04-11-2009, 12:54 PM
This is the same guy who drafted Kwame Brown at number 1...:roll:

TheAnchorman
04-11-2009, 12:55 PM
Except Dwyane Wade isn't Kwame Brown.

NBASTATMAN
04-11-2009, 01:17 PM

MJ KNOWS WADE IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE GAME... BOTH OFFENSIVELY AND DEFENSIVELY

GOBB
04-11-2009, 01:21 PM

Whats your point? What does him drafting Cryme Brown have to do with his comments about Wade & MVP? Absolutely nothing but by all means let the board know exactly what your point was here.

Dave3
04-11-2009, 01:30 PM
Whats your point? What does him drafting Cryme Brown have to do with his comments about Wade & MVP? Absolutely nothing but by all means let the board know exactly what your point was here.
I think the point he was trying to make was that while MJ was the best PLAYER, he does not seem to be a very good judge of talent. When he was the GM for the Wizards he didn't do a very good job but people still praise his opinions like they're facts just because he's a great player. If you notice, it's not always the best players that are the good coaches/general managers but different types of players who can judge talent better. Reggie Miller was very talented correct? Yet most people here think the guy doesn't provide much intelligence in his commentary with his opinions. Isaiah Thomas was a very good player as well but we all know how his GM-ing turned out. Larry Bird is considered the best small forward ever and yet he hasn't done much with the Pacers organization. Yet you have people who were never really known for playing GREAT basketball (or even playing basketball at all) who do excellent jobs as GMs and coaches such as Rick Adelman, Joe Dumars, Brian Colangelo, Jerry Sloan, and Greg Popovich. All of them are great coaches or have won "Executive of the year" in the NBA. Intelligence about the players is different than your own ability to play basketball.

Dave3
04-11-2009, 01:31 PM
wade is having an incredible year and he deserves the mvp. and jordan is right.

wade MVP. my vote.
So who would've been your MVP last year?

GOBB
04-11-2009, 01:51 PM
I think the point he was trying to make was that while MJ was the best PLAYER, he does not seem to be a very good judge of talent..

So basically MJ opinion on the game of basketball and its players cant be taken seriously because he didnt do a good job as a GM? :oldlol:

No one in this world is batting 1.000 with projecting how talent pans out. I dont see how Rick Adelman, Joe Dumars, Brian Colangelo, Jerry Sloan, and Greg Popovich could say exactly what MJ said and it mean more. At the end of the day MJ, Rick Adelman, Joe Dumars, Brian Colangelo, Jerry Sloan, and Greg Popovich all have thier opinions.

Wade is a proven, establish talent. Anyone with half a brain can see it. Its not rocket science to explain why you feel he is the most valuable player in the NBA. Seriously. He's not projecting anything or hoping his moves when come together turn into a big success (managing a franchise). He's offering his opinion on one of the games elite players as to say he should win MVP where Kobe/Bron are the favorites for the award.

What the hell does striking out on Cryme Brown have to do with anything? :confusedshrug:

Dave3
04-11-2009, 01:58 PM
No one said "can't be taken seriously" but there are people out there that seem to consistently give more intelligent analysis and opinions about basketball issues. I never said his opinion shouldn't matter but when people treat his OPINION as fact (like I said earlier) just because he was the best player, it doesn't make very much sense. The point is, regardless of how talented he was, he's not going to always have the best opinions on every single basketball topic.

GOBB
04-11-2009, 02:04 PM
No one said "can't be taken seriously" but there are people out there that seem to consistently give more intelligent analysis and opinions about basketball issues. I never said his opinion shouldn't matter but when people treat his OPINION as fact (like I said earlier) just because he was the best player, it doesn't make very much sense. The point is, regardless of how talented he was, he's not going to always have the best opinions on every single basketball topic.

What posters in this thread up until the point where that poster throws out the Cryme Brown reference treated his opinion as fact because he was the "best player" (i say one of the best)? Run off the names please. If you're speaking in general? Thats cool. But then we are back to that posters comment in what point was he trying to make.

Mdog1
04-11-2009, 02:07 PM
Opinnions are just opinions. In my opinion Wilt Chamberlin or Magic Johnson have a claim at number one AT, but the general consensus is MJ is the BPE. I can agree that he is the GOAT, which he is, but is he the clear cut best ever is another discussion.

If the San Antonio Spurs scouting staff told me that Wade is the best player in the league, I would take that much more highly than what MJ has said.

juju151111
04-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Opinnions are just opinions. In my opinion Wilt Chamberlin or Magic Johnson have a claim at number one AT, but the general consensus is MJ is the BPE. I can agree that he is the GOAT, which he is, but is he the clear cut best ever is another discussion.

If the San Antonio Spurs scouting staff told me that Wade is the best player in the league, I would take that much more highly than what MJ has said.
:rolleyes: MJ isn't the only one who has said this. MJ=BPE WADE=MVP( Even tho he won't win)

plowking
04-11-2009, 02:14 PM
all of that would make since if you were arguing who was the best player in the NBA, but we're not discussing that. this is an MVP topic, NOT a "Who's the best in the NBA topic".

if you're going to troll, stay on topic :hammerhead:

He made the first post. Thus he is the one that dictated what the thread would be about... So how is he trolling?

Dave3
04-11-2009, 02:15 PM
What posters in this thread up until the point where that poster throws out the Cryme Brown reference treated his opinion as fact because he was the "best player" (i say one of the best)? Run off the names please. If you're speaking in general? Thats cool. But then we are back to that posters comment in what point was he trying to make.
I was speaking in general yes, but as one poster already made a point (in this thread) about how this opinion can have an effect on many of the voters which I think is true. That was my point that some people adopt an idol's way of thinking as their own so as to imitate their hero without forming their own opinions. I have a friend who has a certain basketball argument and everytime he's proven wrong in almost every aspect he points to a quote by MJ that he made before as the ultimate truth and why all other forms of arguing are futile.

GOBB
04-11-2009, 02:17 PM

This is silly. D.Wade is an established player in the NBA. An elite player. A franchise player. He's considered to be one of the top 5 players in the NBA. To me there isnt much seperation when arguing Kobe, Lebron, Wade.

Yet somehow the Spurs scouting staff saying Wade = best player holds more weight than MJ saying it. Its really not that HARD of a statement to not only say but argue/support. Its one thing if this was Mchael Redd. Another if its D.Wade.

And what makes the Spurs scouting staff so special again? Thier ability to recognize talent? If no one can recognize how talented the established Wade is well then they must be blind. So i dont see the connection. We're not projecting what some unproven player could do. We're arguing how good a proven player is to a handful of players eligible for "best player in the NBA" status.

Mdog1
04-11-2009, 02:20 PM
:rolleyes: MJ isn't the only one who has said this. MJ=BPE WADE=MVP( Even tho he won't win)
MJ=BPE is arguable. Wade=MVP is inarguable. Any other year and he would have had a great shot at it, even last year he might have had a chance to get it. But this year his record is just not impressive enough, and his stats are not unbelievable enough (although they are great) to over look the 20 more wins that James team has. There is basically no way that Wade even gets more than 10 MVP votes.

Mdog1
04-11-2009, 02:23 PM
This is silly. D.Wade is an established player in the NBA. An elite player. A franchise player. He's considered to be one of the top 5 players in the NBA. To me there isnt much seperation when arguing Kobe, Lebron, Wade.

Yet somehow the Spurs scouting staff saying Wade = best player holds more weight than MJ saying it. Its really not that HARD of a statement to not only say but argue/support. Its one thing if this was Mchael Redd. Another if its D.Wade.

And what makes the Spurs scouting staff so special again? Thier ability to recognize talent? If no one can recognize how talented the established Wade is well then they must be blind. So i dont see the connection. We're not projecting what some unproven player could do. We're arguing how good a proven player is to a handful of players eligible for "best player in the NBA" status.

The Spurs scouting staff drafted Parker with one of the last picks, Ginobli, and they always seem to have a top notch player drafted. DWade is established, but I don't respect MJ's opinion as a scout of talent as much as I respect some peoples opinions even on this forum. MJ was a great player, but scout he was not. The point I am making is that I respect proven evaluaters more so then the opinion of Jordan.

GOBB
04-11-2009, 02:23 PM
I was speaking in general yes, but as one poster already made a point (in this thread) about how this opinion can have an effect on many of the voters which I think is true. That was my point that some people adopt an idol's way of thinking as their own so as to imitate their hero without forming their own opinions. I have a friend who has a certain basketball argument and everytime he's proven wrong in almost every aspect he points to a quote by MJ that he made before as the ultimate truth and why all other forms of arguing are futile.

I doubt it sways the voters opinion much if at all. The popular candidates seem to be Kobe and Bron. And it'll come down to who has the lesser talent around them crap. Which Bron has, so therefore he'll win it. And we'll also have to hear after he is selected that it was his time, Kobe got his. Now its Bron turn. I dont think Wade is going to be in the race much. Altho i think he definately should.

But i agree (you speaking in general). Nothing more i cant stand then someone throwing out what a former great player once said as it seems to end the argument (win for them, lose for you). Its like give me a break. Some guys like Magic Johnson change like the weather. So yeah I tend to take former great players opinions with a grain of salt. Its interesting to hear if its in depth and not the typical, predictable one liner or statements. But it doesnt mean what they say is the truth or fact. But i see your point tho and agree. I just dont think that poster was clear to his intended targets. If he laid down his post much like you did? Then to me it would be different. But he threw out a 1 liner as if someone in this thread implied such a thing.

:cheers:

GOBB
04-11-2009, 02:24 PM
The Spurs scouting staff drafted Parker with one of the last picks, Ginobli, and they always seem to have a top notch player drafted. DWade is established, but I don't respect MJ's opinion as a scout of talent as much as I respect some peoples opinions even on this forum. MJ was a great player, but scout he was not. The point I am making is that I respect proven evaluaters more so then the opinion of Jordan.

Gotcha.

Dave3
04-11-2009, 02:29 PM
:applause: :applause: I couldn't agree more.

juju151111
04-11-2009, 02:34 PM
MJ=BPE is arguable. Wade=MVP is inarguable. Any other year and he would have had a great shot at it, even last year he might have had a chance to get it. But this year his record is just not impressive enough, and his stats are not unbelievable enough (although they are great) to over look the 20 more wins that James team has. There is basically no way that Wade even gets more than 10 MVP votes.
I just said he wasn't getting it, but Wade>bron imo.

GOBB
04-11-2009, 02:36 PM

It kinda sucks it is that way tho. Wade teams isnt capable of winning 60 games even if everyone on that roster overachieved. The only way Wade is on a team that wins 60 games is when the roster is upgraded with talent. Lakers went out and did it. Clevland went out and did it (as we see it paying off). Lets do away with salary cap and all that stuff. For fun lets say Miami was able to put better talent around Wade next season. Wade duplicates the same type of year he had THIS season. The only difference is team success/wins. Now Miami wins 60gms. Is it because of Wade or what was around Wade that helped make it possible because Wade's team this year even if they overachieved isnt capable of winning as many games as the Lakers or Cavs.

So basically the only way you can be a serious candidate for MVP is not only if your stats/performance is spectacular over the course of a season. But if your teammates are talented, good enough where wins can result. I'm just trying to show how important those teammates around that star player are. I'm not out to discredit Bron but moreso just to show how lame when you break down the criteria and how it works can be. Kinda ridiculous how certain players are automatically eliminated.

Wade cant win MVP because he lacks wins
Billups cant win MVP because he lacks stats
D.Howard cant win MVP because of what? He has stats and wins. What does he lack? He is as marketable as Kobe/Bron are? The bar for big men has been raised (thanks Shaq/Duncan) so he has to top that to be considered? :confusedshrug:

Dave3
04-11-2009, 02:42 PM
It kinda sucks it is that way tho. Wade teams isnt capable of winning 60 games even if everyone on that roster overachieved. The only way Wade is on a team that wins 60 games is when the roster is upgraded with talent. Lakers went out and did it. Clevland went out and did it (as we see it paying off). Lets do away with salary cap and all that stuff. For fun lets say Miami was able to put better talent around Wade next season. Wade duplicates the same type of year he had THIS season. The only difference is team success/wins. Now Miami wins 60gms. Is it because of Wade or what was around Wade that helped make it possible because Wade's team this year even if they overachieved isnt capable of winning as many games as the Lakers or Cavs.

So basically the only way you can be a serious candidate for MVP is not only if your stats/performance is spectacular over the course of a season. But if your teammates are talented, good enough where wins can result. I'm just trying to show how important those teammates around that star player are. I'm not out to discredit Bron but moreso just to show how lame when you break down the criteria and how it works can be. Kinda ridiculous how certain players are automatically eliminated.

Wade cant win MVP because he lacks wins
Billups cant win MVP because he lacks stats
D.Howard cant win MVP because of what? He has stats and wins. What does he lack? He is as marketable as Kobe/Bron are? The bar for big men has been raised (thanks Shaq/Duncan) so he has to top that to be considered? :confusedshrug:

Every player went through this though. Kobe had the 35 ppg, James had the 30 8 and 7, and now Wade has it happening to him this year. It's the nature of this award which a lot of fans disagree with but what can you do?
About Howard, I think it's the talent on his roster that's stopping him in addition to the fact that there are players there with both better stats and a better team record with less talent on their roster.

GOBB
04-11-2009, 02:56 PM
Every player went through this though. Kobe had the 35 ppg, James had the 30 8 and 7, and now Wade has it happening to him this year. It's the nature of this award which a lot of fans disagree with but what can you do?
About Howard, I think it's the talent on his roster that's stopping him in addition to the fact that there are players there with both better stats and a better team record with less talent on their roster.

No doubt every player went thru it. Cant do much to change it.

1~Gibson~1
04-11-2009, 05:42 PM
He made the first post. Thus he is the one that dictated what the thread would be about... So how is he trolling?well sorry about the trolling part, but the title says
Dwyane Wade ---> 2009 MVP and he only mentioned reasons why Wade should be considered as the best player in the NBA.

*PS: even though he didnt troll, he still is one. you should read more of his posts. He's just as bad as Riker/Corcky.*

Mdog1
04-11-2009, 07:48 PM
If Wade got the same supporting cast and hypathetically put up the same numbers it would still be less impressive than Brons season statistically and win wise. Wade is a great player, but even under the same circumstances as LeBron I don't see his team winning the same amount of games.

juju151111
04-11-2009, 08:19 PM
If Wade got the same supporting cast and hypathetically put up the same numbers it would still be less impressive than Brons season statistically and win wise. Wade is a great player, but even under the same circumstances as LeBron I don't see his team winning the same amount of games.
:lol :lol :oldlol: :roll: :roll: :wtf:

Mdog1
04-11-2009, 08:24 PM
:lol :lol :oldlol: :roll: :roll: :wtf:
I guess my logic is to far above your head? Wade with Brons supporting cast would not be as good as the Cavs are. The Cavs are built around James, and while Dwayne and Bron play similar, James is a different player. Bigger, stronger, more explosive better defensivley within Browns system (although we don't know what Wade would be like). Mo is not the perfect complimentary player to Wade like he is to James. In short the Cavs with Wade are not the team they are with James, but the Heat with James are a better team. Been there, done that, and done that better.

plowking
04-12-2009, 01:20 AM
I guess my logic is to far above your head? Wade with Brons supporting cast would not be as good as the Cavs are. The Cavs are built around James, and while Dwayne and Bron play similar, James is a different player. Bigger, stronger, more explosive better defensivley within Browns system (although we don't know what Wade would be like). Mo is not the perfect complimentary player to Wade like he is to James. In short the Cavs with Wade are not the team they are with James, but the Heat with James are a better team. Been there, done that, and done that better.

Yeah okay...

Simple Jack
04-12-2009, 04:15 AM

Yeah okay...

LeBron has...are you trying to argue this?

plowking
04-12-2009, 05:43 AM
LeBron has...are you trying to argue this?

If he shares the view that the Cavs would get worse because being built around Lebron, the same thing applies to the Heat.

Mdog1
04-12-2009, 10:04 AM
If he shares the view that the Cavs would get worse because being built around Lebron, the same thing applies to the Heat.
Not necessarily. The Heat were basically the same team as the Cavs of years past. Good defensive PG, I don't know who would play SG, but Bron could if necessary, Marion at SF and Beasley at PF with Haslem at C. Not as tall as the Cavs were, but basically a eerily similar team. Gooden at PF is basically Beasley (good O bad D), Bron at SG is Wade, Marion is better than any one the Cavs had at SG, Chalmers may actually be better with Bron than Larry was because Chalmers can shoot. Haslem is a shorter darker and better defensive Z.

DukeDelonte13
04-12-2009, 10:09 AM
Lebron will be 2009 MVP.

/end thread

juju151111
04-12-2009, 10:41 AM
I understand what you saying, but it doesn't mean it isn't BS.

juju151111
04-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Not necessarily. The Heat were basically the same team as the Cavs of years past. Good defensive PG, I don't know who would play SG, but Bron could if necessary, Marion at SF and Beasley at PF with Haslem at C. Not as tall as the Cavs were, but basically a eerily similar team. Gooden at PF is basically Beasley (good O bad D), Bron at SG is Wade, Marion is better than any one the Cavs had at SG, Chalmers may actually be better with Bron than Larry was because Chalmers can shoot. Haslem is a shorter darker and better defensive Z.
Facepalm DUMBASS You fail to take into account the coach, players height, and them being rookies. Your a idiot.

Mdog1
04-12-2009, 10:48 AM
Facepalm DUMBASS You fail to take into account the coach, players height, and them being rookies. Your a idiot.
Not really. If Chalmers plays the same way with Bron as he did with Wade then I bleieve he is more in the Mo Williams mold then he is in the Larry Hughes mold. Chalmers is a decent scoring PG but he also has a very good deensive game. Beasley is Gooden. Scoring at almost the same clip and possibly even a better defender (Gooden was mental). Coaching, well as far as that goes, the Cavs won 50 games with a rookie coach and a worse version of LeBron so I see no reason to think that he couldn't lead this team to 50.

zabuza666
04-12-2009, 10:53 AM
Not really. If Chalmers plays the same way with Bron as he did with Wade then I bleieve he is more in the Mo Williams mold then he is in the Larry Hughes mold. Chalmers is a decent scoring PG but he also has a very good deensive game. Beasley is Gooden. Scoring at almost the same clip and possibly even a better defender (Gooden was mental). Coaching, well as far as that goes, the Cavs won 50 games with a rookie coach and a worse version of LeBron so I see no reason to think that he couldn't lead this team to 50.

You are aware b4 the Jermaine O'Neal trade the heat had virtually no inside presence right, whereas Lebron had Big Z who would at least help clear the lane and spread the defense. Without Big Z Lebron's less likely to be able to drive, and hence has to rely more on his jumpshot. I can't see that going well :violin:

Mdog1
04-12-2009, 10:54 AM
You are aware b4 the Jermaine O'Neal trade the heat had virtually no inside presence right, whereas Lebron had Big Z who would at least help clear the lane and spread the defense. Without Big Z Lebron's less likely to be able to drive, and hence has to rely more on his jumpshot. I can't see that going well :violin:
Z is not an inside presence though.

zabuza666
04-12-2009, 10:58 AM

He's a far greater presence then Haslem and actually forces the defender to commit to him. Z will knock down shots if the defender leaves him open, Haslem's gonna brick every shot that isn't from the top of the key; and even then it's 50/50.

plowking
04-12-2009, 11:35 AM

A 7'3 guy isn't a presence? Geewiz.

Only this season has he started stepping out a little. Even when he is stepping out, he is clearing the lanes, something Jermaine can't, nor could Anthony or Magloire because they can't shoot.

DukeDelonte13
04-12-2009, 01:12 PM
A 7'3 guy isn't a presence? Geewiz.

Only this season has he started stepping out a little. Even when he is stepping out, he is clearing the lanes, something Jermaine can't, nor could Anthony or Magloire because they can't shoot.

Z has been plain crap since the all star break. If he starts the game hitting his shots than yeah, he definitely spreads the floor which is great. If not, he just becomes a defensive liability that gets killed by any C with any athletic skills. I love Z, and I hope he returns to what he did last year and early this season, but he needs to step it up if cavs wanna win the chip.

amfirst
04-12-2009, 01:31 PM
LeBron is better than Wade, so as long as LeBron is playing Wade will never win a MVP.

juju151111
04-12-2009, 01:37 PM
WTF are you talking about? Beasly isn't good at defense and thats the reason his Playing time had been limited.The heats doesn't have the height or a defensive minded coach like brown. If LJ was on the heat he would of been playing with beasley for only 13 mins a gm becuz of the coach,.

PleezeBelieve
04-12-2009, 02:07 PM
What, so Miami Fan still walking around here like they wouldn't rather have LeBron over Wade?

Oh okay, nothing changes then. Idiots will be idiots. :oldlol:

plowking
04-12-2009, 02:14 PM
What, so Miami Fan still walking around here like they wouldn't rather have LeBron over Wade?

Oh okay, nothing changes then. Idiots will be idiots. :oldlol:

We'll take Wade. After all, he is the one that can bring a championship to a city. You can have your one man show, we'll take the trophies.

Mdog1
04-12-2009, 02:18 PM
We'll take Wade. After all, he is the one that can bring a championship to a city. You can have your one man show, we'll take the trophies.
Ok one trophy is not trophies. Just nitpicking, but James is better right now at 24 then wade is at 27, kind of pathetic.

Dave3
04-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Something I want to say about the MVP candidates this year that I wrote on another board before that most people agreed with:

The argument is, LeBron actually does more for his team because he makes more of a difference in the amount of games that they can win than Wade does. LeBron takes his team from non playoff to 1st in East, while Wade takes his team from nonplayoff (albeit worse) to a middle team in the playoffs, so LeBron actually does more for his team.

1. Cavs: Mo, West, Szczerbiak, Big Ben, Z. This is a team with decent talent (Mo and Z) but that would really struggle to win games. Z had the point gaurd leading the league in assists and made the all star game before LeBron arrived, but the team struggled and won a miserable 17 games. When Mo was on the bucks the last few years the team had talent but they only won a miserable 20something games. This team, while somewhat talented, cannot really do much in terms of winning. Granted their defence will be fine, they would still struggle to win about 30-33 games - 36 games worse than where they would be projected to do.

2. Heat: If you take this team minus Wade, you're left over with Chalmers, Moon, Beasley, O'Neal, Haslem. Now, this is obviously a pretty miserable lineup as everyone already knows, but they do have SOME talent. They probably would not win too much games, so you can probably have them winning 17-20 games at best - 26 games worse than their projected 43 wins.

While Wade does an awful lot for his team, LeBron is doing basically just as much, but his production isn't as obvious because has has a team that can AT TIMES fend for themselves. But the team that LeBron has is not a team that can win ON THEIR OWN. Yes they're talented one their own, but winning is a different story, and without LeBron they would not be very good. The value of LeBron is still incredibly high to his team even though there is some talent on their rosters.

phoenix18
04-12-2009, 02:27 PM
If you really want to be a douche bag about it:

LeBron is averaging better 3pt %, FT%, less turnovers and more rebounds. This gives him the nod in 4 out of 9 major categories (the rest being points assists, steals, blocks, fg%) on a team that is currently leading the conference, .5 behind the best record in the league, and 15 games ahead of Miami.

What does MVP mean????? MOST VALUABLE PLAYER!! Wade has his team in the playoffs. Look at his squad man. Lebron has Mo Williams,Delonte West,Wally Sczerbiak,Ben Wallace, Big Z and Daniel Gibson. Oh I almost forgot about Anderson Varejo. Wade has Haslem,Moon,O'neal,Chalmers and a terrible bench. If you take both Lebron and Wade off of their rosters, the Heat might win 10 games but the Cavs would still be a playoff team.

Dave3
04-12-2009, 02:33 PM
What does MVP mean????? MOST VALUABLE PLAYER!! Wade has his team in the playoffs. Look at his squad man. Lebron has Mo Williams,Delonte West,Wally Sczerbiak,Ben Wallace, Big Z and Daniel Gibson. Oh I almost forgot about Anderson Varejo. Wade has Haslem,Moon,O'neal,Chalmers and a terrible bench. If you take both Lebron and Wade off of their rosters, the Heat might win 10 games but the Cavs would still be a playoff team.

It depends on your personal Criteria. If you're going off of the name of the award, there's still argument about who's actually more valuable (see post above). You also have to take into account how the NBA itself (well, the writers) give this award. They usually give it to the best player on one of the top 3-5 teams in the league, so by history, technically LeBron should win it.

Think about this: LeBron did more for his team last year and took them to a record about the same, so why is Wade so much better this year? And please don't get into the Wade's roster sucks stuff because James' last year was horrible when you take into account the drama that surrounded buy outs and such. He averaged 30 8 and 7 and the team won 46 games and was THIRD in MVP voting and it wasn't even close. Why should Wade with a similar record and worse stats be the MVP this year when James this year has better stats and team record (and worse roster) than last year's MVP? (sorry if that was really confusing, if it was you can just ask me to retype it clearer)

Mdog1
04-12-2009, 02:34 PM
The Heat would be closer to 20 wins than 10, and the Cavs would be about 30 wins.

plowking
04-12-2009, 02:39 PM
Ok one trophy is not trophies. Just nitpicking, but James is better right now at 24 then wade is at 27, kind of pathetic.

Your opinion.

Wade is the better player in my opinion. Oh, he's also more accomplished, which is fact... Kinda pathetic by Bron seeing as he's supposed to be better. :rolleyes:

Mdog1
04-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Your opinion.

Wade is the better player in my opinion. Oh, he's also more accomplished, which is fact... Kinda pathetic by Bron seeing as he's supposed to be better. :rolleyes:
Wade has accomplished a lot. One championship at the same age as Bron is, Finals MVP, and he has a 15 win season under his belt (actually the Heat played better when he was injured last year. Don't believe me look it up).

Dave3
04-12-2009, 02:46 PM
Your opinion.

It doesn't make sense that you say he's more accomplished therefore it's pathetic to think LeBron is better. He played against one of the most dominant centers ever, and even though he was nearing the end of his career he was still a very dominant player and actually finished 2nd in MVP voting in his first year in Miami. A player can be better than another player but have less "accomplishments." Actually, in the context of your statement the only accomplishments Wade has over Bron is ONE ring (which is a team thing, not a ONE player thing) and a finals MVP, which was a product of the situation he was put in. Don't take this the wrong way, there's no taking away from what Wade did there but you can't just point to an accomplishment and conclude player A is better than player B because he has more awards or rings without looking at all the extraneous factors in what you're analyzing.

jrong
04-12-2009, 04:39 PM

Yeah, me neither.

Damn, Bron's fanboys are more obsessed with me than they are with Bron.

jrong
04-12-2009, 04:59 PM
as long as LeBron is playing Wade will never win a MVP.

LeBron will be playing next year, but Chris Paul is going to win the MVP. Take that to the bank. The Hornets will be healthy, they will win over 55 games, and it will be his turn.

LeBron will be playing in 2010 too, but Wade will be in great shape to win it by then. He will lead the Heat to close to 60 wins with Bosh and Beasley by his side. And after having earned credit for carrying his team for the previous two years while playing MVP-calibre ball, it will then be his time.

Lebron23
04-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Can someone please lock this Thread? LeBron is going to win his first MVP this year, and the Cavaliers are on the pace of winning 67 games without a Dominant Center on their team.

Wade had a better supporting casts back in 2006, and you are an idiot if you think that Shaq never made a great contributions in the regular season and playoffs.

People easily forget that Shaq was a member of the NBA First Team in the 2005-06 NBA Season.

This is the year of LeBron, and Cavs are going to win the NBA Championship this year without the help of Stern & his Referees.