PDA

View Full Version : Hex Pad Shooting Arm Sleeves

reggiekaty
03-10-2009, 03:41 PM
This site just got all new colors in. I've seen Lebron James wear the black hex sleeve and I've seen college players wearing the scarlet one. http://www.wristbandsusa.com/etoad/index.php?preq=viewproduct&productId=331

Do you guys wear them? Are they for injuries or looks?

NBA4EVER
03-11-2009, 06:45 PM
they are probably most likely used for injuries, regular shooting sleeves dont have the padding on them so most people think its kind of pointless to wear just a sleeve on your arm. But with this shooting sleeve it helps prevent injuries to your elbow.

idizzle
03-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Nike, Adidas, Jordan Brand, and McDavis are starting to make the shooting sleeves with the pads on them.

D-Wade, Lebron, Rip Hamilton, and Chris Paul wear the sleeves with the pads.

Allen Iverson wears the regular sleeve which is suppose to keep your muscles warm and circulation flowing in your arm.

mcdavidusa.com has the best selecting of basketball padding.

Geandily
03-12-2009, 04:04 PM
I think Carmelo's sleeve has a pad in it too

jballa34
03-20-2009, 03:11 PM
I think Carmelo's sleeve has a pad in it too

ya melo's does have a pad in it

personally if i were to wear one to any kind of game i'd get my ass laughed off the court even if i had a legit. reason for wearing one besides they look bad ass!!!

reggiekaty
09-18-2009, 02:29 PM
This site just got all new colors in. I've seen Lebron James wear the black hex sleeve and I've seen college players wearing the scarlet one. http://www.wristbandsusa.com/etoad/index.php?preq=viewproduct&productId=331

Do you guys wear them? Are they for injuries or looks?

I just found them at another site website: http://www.uniquesportsaccessories.com/etoad/index.php?preq=viewproduct&productId=1279

LevisJeans
09-18-2009, 04:17 PM
Unless you can fill your sleeve out and you can shoot really well, you'll look like a wannabe wearing it.

shlver
09-18-2009, 07:27 PM
Who cares what other people think? If it helps your game or protects you wear it.

LevisJeans
09-19-2009, 09:59 AM
Who cares what other people think? If it helps your game or protects you wear it.

I own one. It only works if it feels tight on your hand. I got it a few years ago and it kept slipping off. Now, I fill it out, more or less, and I feel a big difference when I shoot.

bdreason
09-19-2009, 02:08 PM
You better be really good if you're going to wear something like this to the court.

phoenix18
09-19-2009, 05:48 PM
You better be really good if you're going to wear something like this to the court.
I agree, no point in wear all of this specialized gear if you arent good.

Euroball5
10-20-2009, 03:04 AM
Can someone tell me what's the point of these things other than style ?

NotYetGreat
10-20-2009, 06:35 AM
Can someone tell me what's the point of these things other than style ?

Protection. They're padded.

HylianNightmare
10-20-2009, 11:15 AM
I wear the short ones that aren't fill sleeves it helps to meet my elbow from bending back

The_Night_Elf
10-20-2009, 02:07 PM

What if you have a real reason other than trying to look good...:confusedshrug:

I wear an elbow sleeve. It covers the lower half of my Bicep to the top half of my forearm. I wear it whenever I get tightness or pain in my shooting arm.

I also regularly wear compression tights for my legs. I need to keep my blood circulating since my family has a history of some potassium problems in our blood and I get wicked cramps in my calf

NBA4EVER
12-25-2009, 04:59 PM
i just bought one the other day and i love it. I got a black mcdavid one with the padding on the elbow. I wanted the nike one but the padding is huge. Looks like it only fits someone with the arms the size of lebron james.

But i love the mcdavid ones, its nice and tight, comes in small medium or large. Fits all the way on your arm and is very comforatable.

And Isaiah Thomas from washington is sending me a white one. So then ill have a white and black one :banana:

Go Getter
12-26-2009, 03:33 AM
what exactly do they do but make you look like a douchebag?

for reals ever non pro player I've seen with them is omne of those guys with the fancy shorts, 175 dollar shoes, and 10 cent game.

are guys really that ***** these days that their arm gets too cold during a game and they need a sleeve?