PDA

View Full Version : Surprise Surprise...Shawn Marion opens his mouth again

crounsa810
03-13-2009, 08:15 PM
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Basketball/NBA/Toronto/2009/03/13/8735841-sun.html

Shawn Marion has only played 10 games for the Raptors following a trade from the Heat, but he's already frustrated by the team's play.

"I'm pissed off," Marion said Thursday. "I am. I want to win.

"I don't want to go out there and lose every night. I didn't come here for this. I didn't expect this.

U didn't expect this??????!!!!!!!!!!! HELLLO THEY SUCKED ALL YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He really needs to shut his mouth though. Boo hoo you aren't on the Suns anymore. Get over it.

oh the horror
03-13-2009, 08:16 PM
His talk is beginning to overshadow his worth in this league. Its getting old.

kentatm
03-13-2009, 08:18 PM
yea well the last two teams that got him didnt expect to get an overpaid and overrated SF giving just 13 a game so whats his point?

1~Gibson~1
03-13-2009, 08:18 PM
He has an argument. Afterall the're 2-8 ever since the trade. but you need to STFU. you asked to leave Arizona, and now you're in Canada and you hate it. Haha, Karma's a beeeeeoooootch right?

Micku
03-13-2009, 08:20 PM
"It's definitely frustrating for all of us," Marion said. "You can't go around blaming. We win or lose as a team.

I admire that statement, but this guy isn't happy anywhere as of late. He had a good shot with the Heat who has potiential in the future, but doesn't like their style of play. Went to the Raptors and didn't expect to be on the lossing end, huh? Hehe.

Anyway, Marion is still a good player. He needs to step it up a little bit though. But I don't know, how is he doing with the Raptors? Is he better with them than the Heat? Or is he still the same?

Meticode
03-13-2009, 08:26 PM
He goes to the Heat, the Heat are in a playoff race this year, but he doesn't like their style of play, so he gets traded to Toronto, a team that has a worse record and is a bottom-feeder as far as fast-break points. What the hell did he expect? For the Raptors to be contenders since he got traded there?

BlazersDozen
03-13-2009, 08:33 PM
Shawn Marion has killed all chances of himself making over $10 mill/yr for the rest of his career.

Devientz
03-13-2009, 09:24 PM
"I'm pissed off," Marion said Thursday. "I am. I want to win.

"I don't want to go out there and lose every night. I didn't come here for this. I didn't expect this.
:cry:
Look where your ego got you

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
03-13-2009, 09:46 PM
Shawn Marion has fell off. He just needs to stfu that's what he gets for talking smack about the Heat

sommervilleCdn
03-13-2009, 09:47 PM
an athelete, that doesn't care about winning would be the first.

Marion being real ..good for him:applause:

/win.

AznTacoLover
03-13-2009, 09:51 PM
it's your own fault. you say you didn't like the heats style. you get traded to a even worst team. and still complain please marion stfu.

DuMa
03-13-2009, 09:54 PM
hes probably complaining about the toronto tax as well :oldlol:

twolvesfan
03-13-2009, 09:58 PM
man he should go team up with the canswer

The_Yearning
03-13-2009, 10:00 PM
he's just displaying a public outcry to D'antoni so mike will give him a contract next year with NY..

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
03-13-2009, 10:01 PM
Marbury
Iverson
McGrady
Marion
Z.Randolph

team cancer

BallPhunk
03-13-2009, 10:12 PM
Classic case of ego and "wanting to be the man" costing someone. This may be the most extreme case yet. How much could he have made over the next few years had he only appreciated what he had.

He thought he was under appreciated. Since he's just shown he was one of the most overrated players in the league. Bet he'd love to play for the Knicks right about now...

bagelred
03-13-2009, 11:58 PM
So how does a team with Bosh and Marion, two supposedly great players, suck so bad.

Maybe because they are both wildly overrated?

To me, Bosh is going to get max money but is not worth it. There are certain superstars you want, and those you don't. I get the feeling Bosh will be in the Elton Brand category of stars you'll never win with.

How can a supposedly superstar franchise center lead his team to the 2nd worst record in the East? YIKES. Can you imagine Duncan, Howard, Yao, or prime Shaq in that situation? No chance.

Earth to Knicks. Go for Lebron, don't go for Bosh. Not worth max money.

As for Marion, he got royally exposed. He's not nearly the player everyone thought he was. He's a system player, nothing more.

highwhey
03-14-2009, 12:12 AM
So how does a team with Bosh and Marion, two supposedly great players, suck so bad.

To me, Bosh is going to get max money but is not worth it. There are certain superstars you want, and those you don't. I get the feeling Bosh will be in the Elton Brand category of stars you'll never win with.

How can a supposedly superstar franchise center lead his team to the 2nd worst record in the East? YIKES. Can you imagine Duncan, Howard, Yao, or prime Shaq in that situation? No chance.

As for Marion, he got royally exposed. He's not nearly the player everyone thought he was. He's a system player, nothing more.
Bosh seems unmotivated. Plus, his team sucks ass. No comparison to Howard's surrounding cast.

ronnymac
03-14-2009, 12:13 AM
[QUOTE=HaNdLe ThE RoCk]Marbury
Iverson
McGrady
Marion
Z.Randolph

team cancer
McGrady is not a cancer.he is allways injured,but that dosent make him a cancer.

godofgods
03-14-2009, 12:14 AM
Proof that he is nothing without Nash.

ihatetimthomas
03-14-2009, 12:19 AM
Marbury
Iverson
McGrady
Marion
Z.Randolph

team cancer

I think players who are team cancers are guys whose antics screw up the team and only Marbury and Marion fit that bill on this list. AI may not gel well with players but that doesnt make him a cancer. T-Mac's injuries do not make him a team cancer. ANd Zach has been getting a bad rap for years but hasnt done any off court/on court antics

B-Easy
03-14-2009, 12:19 AM
hes pissed off because hes losing.....whats the big deal?

Chicago-Rose
03-14-2009, 12:28 AM
Those quotes make me wonder, just what was Marion expecting in Toronto? How did he not see this situation happening?

bdreason
03-14-2009, 12:34 AM
This from a guy who demanded a trade from a Championship contender.

Cry me a river.

Huey Freeman
03-14-2009, 12:34 AM
Haven't all Phoenix Suns and Miami Heat fans been saying that Shawn Marion is a system player?

I don't know about anybody else, but if I were making $17 million a year on a great team (Suns, I mean before Marion got traded) I think I'd be living a pretty damn good life.

J000
03-14-2009, 12:35 AM

Bosh deserves max contract. Also this team sucks because of bad chemistry and poor defense both from starting lineup and the bench. Bosh is always keeping the game close.

beasted86
03-14-2009, 12:41 AM
Shawn Marion deserves the hype.

He is undoubtedly the best rebounding SF in the league, and within the top 3 most versatile defensive wing players (it's somewhere between Tayshaun, Artest, and him). If anything, it's his offense that's extremely overrated. Not only does he need a premier PG to get him the ball in scoring positions, but he also needs an uptempo system to thrive.

Anyone who's had a career ~.500 record (even in his Miami tenure), then goes to a team that can't win winnable games is going to be upset. There's no reason the Raptors should be getting blow-ed out by the Knicks. I've never seen any T-O players play with passion or aggressiveness other than Bosh. Calderon, Kapono, Bargnani, etc... they are all soft. Bosh is the only player with some type of killer instinct. In the first 20 games, he really tried, and now it seems even he has given up and is just going through the motions.

Kobe Jnr
03-14-2009, 01:01 AM
Haven't all Phoenix Suns and Miami Heat fans been saying that Shawn Marion is a system player?

I don't know about anybody else, but if I were making $17 million a year on a great team (Suns, I mean before Marion got traded) I think I'd be living a pretty damn good life.

dam 17 million. i think i also will be havin a good life to.

barkleynash
03-14-2009, 01:56 AM
Marion was the reason the suns blew it up. He wrecked their chemistry. Only he could have found a way to be upset winning 60 games every year. He causes dissention on the team and they trade him. Both he and the suns were the worst for it. Yeah, the suns probably wouldn't have won, but they would still have Dantoni and been entertaining.

Who knows, maybe bringing in Shaq was good for the suns, not on the win column, but they are bringing in the fans, and have 2 real fan favs in nash and Shaq. marion didn't like being the third option on the suns who win 60 games and now he's the 4th option on a 30 win Toronto team.
He needed to just shut up.

Killbot
03-14-2009, 02:03 AM
Man, he can't stop b!tching.

I want to win.

If you want to win so badly, play harder.

beasted86
03-14-2009, 02:16 AM
Marion was the reason the suns blew it up. He wrecked their chemistry. Only he could have found a way to be upset winning 60 games every year. He causes dissention on the team and they trade him. Both he and the suns were the worst for it. Yeah, the suns probably wouldn't have won, but they would still have Dantoni and been entertaining.

Who knows, maybe bringing in Shaq was good for the suns, not on the win column, but they are bringing in the fans, and have 2 real fan favs in nash and Shaq. marion didn't like being the third option on the suns who win 60 games and now he's the 4th option on a 30 win Toronto team.
He needed to just shut up.
:cry: waaaah, waaaah...

I just don't understand how any fan with a brain in his head can't see the common sense in an owner not wanting to continuously dish out luxury tax for the past 3-4 years straight, while not winning championships, and hover around the 15th ranking in NBA attendance.

Basketball is a business first... If you can't understand that I feel sorry for you.

barkleynash
03-14-2009, 02:24 AM
how did trading Marion for Shaq get them out of paying luxury tax. Signing Marion to the bloated contract originally was the mistake. They paid him like he was the number 1 guy, when in actuallity he was far from it, yet acted like he was. Watch him play, unless he has someone setting him up for dunks or lay-ups, he is a garbage man. A high paid one at that!

oh the horror
03-14-2009, 05:37 AM
The people are asking what the big deal is?

He complained on a great team.

He complained on a good team.

And now hes complaining on a bad team.

At this point, you get paid millions of dollars to play a game you love....I UNDERSTAND wanting to win, i really do, but seriously, at what point is this an issue with HIM just being an emotional guy?

Kungfro
03-14-2009, 05:39 AM
I don't see how everyone can criticize the guy for wanting to win. I only wish the rest of the Raptors had his mentality. Unfortunately for him, Raptors seem to be in tanking mode.

bagelred
03-14-2009, 07:52 AM
I don't see how everyone can criticize the guy for wanting to win. I only wish the rest of the Raptors had his mentality. Unfortunately for him, Raptors seem to be in tanking mode.

If he wants to win, PLAY BETTER. Doesn Marion understand that he's supposed to be an All Star? Who does he think is supposed to help get them wins. HIM!!!!!

artest 93
03-14-2009, 08:09 AM
I just love this thread title :lol

you're the best.

artest 93
03-14-2009, 08:10 AM
Basketball is a business first... If you can't understand that I feel sorry for you.

So, there is some truth to the 2006 NBA Finals after all!

It's cool, yo. Business.

Huey Freeman
03-14-2009, 02:34 PM
So, there is some truth to the 2008 NBA Finals after all!

It's cool, yo. Business.

Fixed it for you.

DoubleTech
03-14-2009, 02:44 PM
marion is just saying what someone on the raptors should have said a long time ago.

thread starter also failed to post everything he said:

"Right now, we've got no fire. We've got to find that fire. That's what we need. We have a talented team, man. We have to pull together and help each other. We have to decide now if we're going to fold it up or look in the mirror, make a stride, and get on with it."

Mrofir
03-14-2009, 02:51 PM
Looks to me like Shawn Marion in some convoluted egotistical way is trying to take more than his share of credit for the Suns' success (bear with me).. He makes the following observations..

1) He was a staple player (probably in his mind, #2 option) on a highly successful team, therefor, in his mind, he must know something about winning that others don't. He figures he must share his expert knowledge with his current teammates, who think he's just weird.

2) The Suns didn't do nearly as well after he left (even though that has more to do with the Suns aging, and Shaq being a bad fit) ... so this gives him more psychological ammunition to assume that he had more to do with their success than he really did. Note: He WAS important to the Suns, but clearly the 3rd option, and had JJ stayed, he would have eventually been the 4th most important player.

3) The fact that Marion was around and playing well before the Suns rise to prominence gave him a distorted view of his "share" of the team.. this thought process precipitates and supports points 1 and 2. I think he was always a little bitter that Nash was given the lion's share of credit for coming in and turning the team around.. even though as a Suns fan who watched practically every game, Nash did deserve much of that credit.

4) The Suns were always a really touchy-feely team, always talking about "energy" and "flow" and stuff like that, thinking it was the key to their success when actually the entire time they were just a good team regardless of their energy philosophy. Marion assumes these conversations and that style of thinking had more to do with the Suns' success than it did.

So he's trying to talk his teammates into winning in a self important way, using credentials that he's blown out of proportion in his own mind. Obviously, this limits the personal responsibility he's going to have to assume for playing on a crappy team. But you guys already knew all that.

It's too bad I have to write all of this -- I loved watching him play and I think he's a really good player that should have just watched his mouth a little more in Phoenix.. him, Steve Nash, Shaq, Amare, et al would all be better off for it.

artest 93
03-14-2009, 03:01 PM
Fixed it for you.

Yeah, the Lakers acquiring Pau Gasol was a really good business move for the NBA. I couldn't disagree with that.

Mdog1
03-14-2009, 03:33 PM
I hope that Marion doesn't get re signed by the Raps, and takes a pay cut to go to a contender. I really like his game - apart from his ugly shot. He is getting older, and he needs to win a couple of rings before he retires.

Maniak
03-14-2009, 03:36 PM
Suprise Suprise...Shawn Marion cant walk the walk no more.

Maniak
03-14-2009, 03:37 PM
I hope that Marion doesn't get re signed by the Raps, and takes a pay cut to go to a contender. I really like his game - apart from his ugly shot. He is getting older, and he needs to win a couple of rings before he retires.

Yeah, that'll happen.

Vancouver-Grizz
03-14-2009, 03:38 PM

Phoenix needs to sign this boy and trade Elton for Amare..... :hammerhead:

tastystaci
03-14-2009, 03:57 PM
Should've stuck with Nash you moron. He would've made you a perennial all-star, not to mention lots of $$$. Look at Tim Thomas, he was sitting on his couch, jobless, and he comes over to Phoenix for a Playoff run, Nash has made him a multi-millionaire. The grass is always greener...in Canada. :lol

JJ81
03-14-2009, 04:48 PM
We'll give Luke and Morrison for you :D

Mdog1
03-14-2009, 04:53 PM
Should've stuck with Nash you moron. He would've made you a perennial all-star, not to mention lots of $$$. Look at Tim Thomas, he was sitting on his couch, jobless, and he comes over to Phoenix for a Playoff run, Nash has made him a multi-millionaire. The grass is always greener...in Canada. :lol
Except in the winter lol.

Yeah I know he most likely won't take a pay cut, but I think he should. What type of person (not just directed at him) would rather make 10 million dollars a year then to play for a contender and make the MLe (5.5 or so). Personally I am all for the second option.

bdreason
03-14-2009, 04:59 PM
Except in the winter lol.

Yeah I know he most likely won't take a pay cut, but I think he should. What type of person (not just directed at him) would rather make 10 million dollars a year then to play for a contender and make the MLe (5.5 or so). Personally I am all for the second option.

Marion is asking for 20 million a year. MAX contract, franchise player type money. :oldlol:

He was complaining he didn't make enough in Phoenix, and he's paid 17 million a year already (WAY overpaid).

Mdog1
03-14-2009, 05:19 PM
Marion is asking for 20 million a year. MAX contract, franchise player type money. :oldlol:

He was complaining he didn't make enough in Phoenix, and he's paid 17 million a year already (WAY overpaid).
If he gets that I am going to start playing in the NBA to. I can perform at a similar level to him, just not as tall. But **** if someone wants to give me 20 million then F it I am all over it.

The Italian
03-14-2009, 05:22 PM
I like that he is pissed off and not happy with losing, but what the hell did he expect? With his hisotry though, it does kinds of seem funny, at least to me.

He demanded a trade from a perennial 60 win team because of the fact that he felt that he wasn't getting the respect that he deserves. That is fine and dandy if he was actually a star player but the fact of the matter is that he is a system guy through and through. So he *****es his way out of the Suns, and demands a trade to the Heat.

Then he goes to Miami and he doesn't like the system they play in. He doesn't like the fact that the Heat are not a run and gun team that gets out in the open floor every time. He doesn't like the fact that he plays alongside a ball dominant scorer in Dwyane Wade and he calls the Heat's system "boring". So he wants out of Miami, a playoff team.

He goes to Toronto, the second worst team in the Eastern Conference and a team that was last in the entire league in fast break points. The Raptors have been a bad team the entire season, and its not like adding Marion is going to make much of a difference because the Raptors are not a fast break team and that is the only system that Marion will thrive in. The Raptors have been crap all season long and simply don't have the talent needed in order to win in this league.

So he wasn't happy in two teams that weren't winning and he demanded his way out of them, now that he is on a team that doesn't win he is unhappy again? This guy is all over the place.

The only thing that I have to say to Marion is, what the hell did you expect?

Micku
03-14-2009, 05:32 PM
Hehe, the son of a ***** was making more than Wade when they were on the same team. It's probably due to a a contract, but still.

undertaker21
06-16-2011, 12:34 PM
yea well the last two teams that got him didnt expect to get an overpaid and overrated SF giving just 13 a game so whats his point?
:oldlol: And now you love the guy and he brought your team a championship, go figure.

mmsupra
06-16-2011, 12:41 PM
:oldlol: And now you love the guy and he brought your team a championship, go figure.

:facepalm ..u always have to watch what u say it always getting thrown back in your face here :roll:

undertaker21
06-16-2011, 12:43 PM
:facepalm ..u always have to watch what u say it always getting thrown back in your face here :roll:
:roll: This whole forum has been "bumpgate" ever since the finals finished.

Dro
06-16-2011, 01:54 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

The Iron Fist
06-16-2011, 02:24 PM
Marbury
Iverson
McGrady
Marion
Z.Randolph

team cancer
and only 1 of those is a champion.

ErhnamDjinn
06-16-2011, 03:17 PM
:roll: This whole forum has been "bumpgate" ever since the finals finished.
and youve disappeared since your Miami Heat were embarrassed or did your Durant and Lebron23 accounts go down with the sinking ship. :oldlol: Rofl even Mavs fans never expected to see the Mavs as eventual champions sh!t happens :cheers:

ihatetimthomas
06-16-2011, 03:25 PM

Are you stupid or something? He was a bum since leaving Phoenix and at the time of those comments, he was totally overpaid. He played very well in the playoffs, naturally you will have a change of heart.

Bladers
06-16-2011, 03:25 PM
U didn't expect this??????!!!!!!!!!!! HELLLO THEY SUCKED ALL YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He really needs to shut his mouth though. Boo hoo you aren't on the Suns anymore. Get over it.

http://i54.tinypic.com/3021fmt.jpg

Myth
06-16-2011, 04:02 PM

I'm sure in this case he doesn't mind his past comments one little bit.

undertaker21
06-16-2011, 04:17 PM
and youve disappeared since your Miami Heat were embarrassed or did your Durant and Lebron23 accounts go down with the sinking ship. :oldlol: Rofl even Mavs fans never expected to see the Mavs as eventual champions sh!t happens :cheers:
I'm not Lebron23 and i'm not a Heat fan.

ErhnamDjinn
06-16-2011, 04:23 PM
I'm not Lebron23 and i'm not a Heat fan.
ok sure :rolleyes: Anyway say Hi to your other sock accounts for me:violin:

kkling
06-16-2011, 04:27 PM
ok sure :rolleyes: Anyway say Hi to your other sock accounts for me:violin:

why do people always resort to saying this nonsense?

ChrisKreager
06-16-2011, 04:30 PM
Little irony that the Matrix helped Dallas win a title given how many fits he used to give them when he was in Phoenix.

ErhnamDjinn
06-16-2011, 04:45 PM
why do people always resort to saying this nonsense?
why is it nonsense when he is Lebron23, Durant35 and Deathvanix or whatever his other sock accounts are. Also take note Lebron23 is a very big WWE fan and likes using the actual person he likes as the username then adds a number to the end. And I forgot where I asked him before and he said it was him.

kentatm
06-16-2011, 06:13 PM

:oldlol:

hey, Marion has said himself that by the time he got to Dallas he had learned he needed to do whatever it took to win

props to him for figuring it out.

brain drain
06-16-2011, 06:27 PM
Looks like marion read this thread and replied via twitter:

matrix31
we did it so to all the haters and non-believers I mean this from the bottom of my heart kiss our ass we are the champions lol

:oldlol:

G-train
06-16-2011, 06:58 PM
Marion is a changed man without a doubt.

lilbeastnani
06-16-2011, 07:03 PM
Marion is a changed man without a doubt.
Not to mention that now he's actually making a salary closer to what he's worth. People probably wouldn't have been so hard on him in Miami if he was making 7mill there.

adri41
06-16-2011, 07:33 PM
I looooove Shawn Marion lately. That's all.

Jasper
06-16-2011, 07:43 PM
why is it nonsense when he is Lebron23, Durant35 and Deathvanix or whatever his other sock accounts are. Also take note Lebron23 is a very big WWE fan and likes using the actual person he likes as the username then adds a number to the end. And I forgot where I asked him before and he said it was him.

Ok thanks

jasper123 :rolleyes:

Jasper
06-16-2011, 07:45 PM
Kidd and Matrix best moves right now (retire) // it's down hill from here boys.

I am sure they are steeped in pride and want to feel the senses stepping on the court in 2011/12 and win or loss and be the proclaimed champs for a year.

RedBlackAttack
06-16-2011, 08:49 PM
Does anyone have the video of Marion talking all of that sh!t to James during the play? I've looked around on YouTube for it, but was unsuccessful. I wanted to try and figure out what he was saying.

Samurai Swoosh
06-16-2011, 08:54 PM
Does anyone have the video of Marion talking all of that sh!t to James during the play? I've looked around on YouTube for it, but was unsuccessful. I wanted to try and figure out what he was saying.
Look up Shawn Marion calls LeBron James a b1tch

B
06-16-2011, 09:06 PM
Does anyone have the video of Marion talking all of that sh!t to James during the play? I've looked around on YouTube for it, but was unsuccessful. I wanted to try and figure out what he was saying.I love the one where he's right in Lebron's ear saying "double dribble you double dribbled" andd Lebron had double dribbled the refs just missed it