PDA

View Full Version : Greg Oden will be the best Center in the league within 24 months -- BOOK IT!!!

PleezeBelieve
03-26-2009, 11:28 PM
He's arrived and he's not even in game shape!!!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Godfather
03-26-2009, 11:29 PM
Fail.

And I bet in 24 hours you will be banned.

number23
03-26-2009, 11:30 PM
Howard will be in his prime in 2 years

KeylessEntry
03-26-2009, 11:32 PM
If he can stay healthy he will be pretty good.

PleezeBelieve
03-26-2009, 11:33 PM
Howard will be in his prime in 2 years
Within 24 months, he will be shutting down Howard. Don't be silly, fool.

TrueRob
03-26-2009, 11:35 PM
I can see him becoming a monster defensively, if he can stay healthy for more than a couple of weeks.

number23
03-26-2009, 11:35 PM
Within 24 months, he will be shutting down Howard. Don't be silly, fool.

You just confirmed you're a moron. Thanks :cheers:

PleezeBelieve
03-26-2009, 11:36 PM
Dude is Bill Russell redux version. He has tremendous instincts. Just unbelieveable timing on the defensive end. And once he gets in game shape, starts running the floor and displaying the elite passing skills I saw at OSU, he'lll be more than worthy of the league's best center title.

halffttime
03-26-2009, 11:36 PM
Robert Swift will win MVP in 2 years, book it!!!!

Godfather
03-26-2009, 11:37 PM
Dude is Bill Russell redux version. He has tremendous instincts. Just unbelieveable timing on the defensive end. And once he gets in game shape, starts running the floor and displaying the elite passing skills I saw at OSU, he'lll be more than worthy of the league's best center title.

:oldlol:

PleezeBelieve
03-26-2009, 11:39 PM
You just confirmed you're a moron. Thanks :cheers:
Don't question me. You don't know more about this game than me. Go sit in the corner with the rest of these clowns. Oden will be shutting Howard down oe on one within 24 months. Only an idiot would admit less. Everything Howard does well on offense, Oden counters on defense. It won't be close.

brandonislegend
03-26-2009, 11:40 PM
Durant >>>>>>>>>>>> Oden

Godfather
03-26-2009, 11:40 PM
Don't question me. You don't know more about this game than me. Go sit in the corner with the rest of these clowns. Oden will be shutting Howard down oe on one within 24 months. Only an idiot would admit less. Everything Howard does well on offense, Oden counters on defense. It won't be close.

Oden isn't quick/intelligent enough to keep Howard in front of him..

Anyways I suggest everyone adds this nutcase of a fan to their respective ignore lists.

Al Thornton
03-26-2009, 11:41 PM
http://imagechan.com/images/epic%20fail.jpeg

iTruWarrior
03-26-2009, 11:41 PM
Greg Oden isn't even the best center on his team right now :oldlol:

Al Thornton
03-26-2009, 11:42 PM
Durant >>>>>>>>>>>> Oden

Everyone>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Injureden

iTruWarrior
03-26-2009, 11:43 PM
Everyone>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Injureden
Vanilla Gorilla > Olden

PleezeBelieve
03-26-2009, 11:45 PM
Oden isn't quick/intelligent enough to keep Howard in front of him..

Anyways I suggest everyone adds this nutcase of a fan to their respective ignore lists.
Still got Harden as your #1 draft prospect?

:roll:

Don't bring a twig to a log-fight. Know your role. Assume it. And be happy for it.

Don't get on my list, homeboy. I have unquestioned accuracy on this stuff. Close ya mouth.

Godfather
03-26-2009, 11:46 PM
Still got Harden as your #1 draft prospect?

Don't bring a twig to a log-fight. Know your role. Assume it. And be happy for it.

Don't get on my list, homeboy. I have unquestioned accuracy on this stuff. Close ya mouth.

Stop making up things Harden is my #3 prospect behind Blake Griffen and Monroe.

PleezeBelieve
03-26-2009, 11:47 PM
Within 10 months, he'll be better than Bynum. :oldlol:

iTruWarrior
03-26-2009, 11:48 PM
Within 10 months, he'll be better than Bynum. :oldlol:
Not at all.

PleezeBelieve
03-26-2009, 11:49 PM
Stop making up things Harden is my #3 prospect behind Blake Griffen and Monroe.
:eek:

:wtf:

:oldlol:

Man, move on. You aint nothing but a kid to me. Go watch Peter Pan or something.

White Chocolate
03-26-2009, 11:49 PM
If Oden doesn't get healthy, his career may be close to over in 24 months. The sky is the limit for him, but if he can't stay healthy, he'll never reach his potential. If he gets to 100%, he can be up there with Duncan. At the rate he's going, he'll be lucky if he reaches Rik Smits. I think he'll be a Brad Daugherty type of player. Decent scorer, excellent defender, not quite as good of a passer, but probably forced to retire because of injuries.

PleezeBelieve
03-26-2009, 11:51 PM
Not at all.
Not going to even waste my time arguing somethings that's so obvious.

PleezeBelieve
03-26-2009, 11:54 PM
If Oden doesn't get healthy, his career may be close to over in 24 months. The sky is the limit for him, but if he can't stay healthy, he'll never reach his potential. If he gets to 100%, he can be up there with Duncan. At the rate he's going, he'll be lucky if he reaches Rik Smits. I think he'll be a Brad Daugherty type of player. Decent scorer, excellent defender, not quite as good of a passer, but probably forced to retire because of injuries.
He simply has to play at the speed of the game. Things are going very quickly for him on the court. Its slowing down a bit, ut he still almost frantic out there. Once he gets up tp speed, these dumb injuries will go away.

And defensively, Oden will be > Duncan. FYI.

number23
03-26-2009, 11:54 PM

Lets see im 26. I've been playing basketball since im 11. I played high school ball for 4 years, and played 2 years or college ball. I've followed college and the Nba for all these years. And im smart enough to know someone is an idiot when they call Oden the best center in 24 months. I win.

White Chocolate
03-26-2009, 11:59 PM
He simply has to play at the speed of the game. Things are going very quickly for him on the court. Its slowing down a bit, ut he still almost frantic out there. Once he gets up tp speed, these dumb injuries will go away.

And defensively, Oden will be > Duncan. FYI.

Oden is more beastly than Duncan. You'll also see stupid fouls from Oden, but that will probably diminish with experience. Duncan has a higher ball IQ and Oden probably won't match that. At this point, Oden's averages equal roughly 14/12 with 2 BPG before fouling out. Defensively, he may surpass Duncan, but it won't be by much if he does.

PleezeBelieve
03-27-2009, 12:01 AM
Lets see im 26. I've been playing basketball since im 11. I played high school ball for 4 years, and played 2 years or college ball. I've followed college and the Nba for all these years. And im smart enough to know someone is an idiot when they call Oden the best center in 24 months. I win.
i dont care if you invented the game of basketball, If I say something, its probably true. And in this case, I more than probably right. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to make a forecast like this. The talent is staring you right in the face. Open your eyes, dude. Stop being ignorant.

White Chocolate
03-27-2009, 12:02 AM
i dont care if you invented the game of basketball, If I say something, its probably true. And in this case, I more than probably right. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to make a forecast like this. The talent is staring you right in the face. Open your eyes, dude. Stop being ignorant.

You also said that Oden will be a better defender than Duncan. Not to say that's impossible, but I think they will be about equal. Duncan was a damn good defender in his prime.

brantonli
03-27-2009, 12:12 AM

You know Jeff, you really should let us have sigs, because this is definitely sig-worthy.

But PB, think about it this way. You say that if Oden can shut down Howard, then he will be better than Howard, but Yao shuts down Howard every time, and you never see anybody saying Yao is the best center in the league (except Roxs fans of course), so can you tell me if, in 24 months time, can Oden shut down Yao even when a current-Howard can't?

number23
03-27-2009, 12:24 AM
How is this douche bag not banned. He has the IQ of a bedroom slipper.

White Chocolate
03-27-2009, 12:26 AM
How is this douche bag not banned. He has the IQ of BULLS.

Fixed.

Silverbullit
03-27-2009, 01:08 AM
He grabbed a single rebound tonight, well :ohwell:

visirale
03-27-2009, 01:30 AM

Greg Oden will be MVP in 2 years.

... of this league!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sol/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/04/other_sport_paralympic_highlights/img/9.jpg

nbastatus
03-27-2009, 01:39 AM
pleezebelieve hates kevin durant.
i see why he made this thread.

Myth
03-27-2009, 03:02 AM
Glad to see some people still have faith in Oden. I'm not going to put a prediction, only state that I hope he can become a very good center. I'd be satisfied with a poor man's Dwight Howard that can play roughly 70 games a season.

bdreason
03-27-2009, 03:10 AM
Oden is a career 12/10/2 player in my opinion.

YAWN
03-27-2009, 03:10 AM
pleezebelieve hates kevin durant.
i see why he made this thread.

its not so much hate for kevin durant as it is love for ohio. which explains the bron crush as well

Thunderstruck
03-27-2009, 03:31 AM
How is this douche bag not banned. He has the IQ of a bedroom slipper.

I'm starting to think he's a plant. Either way, he should be ignored.

03-27-2009, 04:01 AM
:lol at people that think Oden is a bust. All of you would want him on your teams. Oden will help bring many rings to Portland. With the Gorila and Oden Portland can out match any team.

hayden695
03-27-2009, 04:19 AM
i dont think he will be the best in the league but i do believe he wil prove alot of doubters wrong, howard will still be in his prime, yao will still be looking to get a ring, al jefferson although a pf will be better and mabe bynum will flourish.

deep down i hope bynum and oden can become wilt and russel versioN 2 althoughi hope oden can become much better than bill on the o.

of course i dont mean near as good but you get my drunken point

the.powerhouse
03-27-2009, 05:01 AM
He has had some good numbers in limited minutes since he's got back, but that doesn't mean a lot. Opposing teams aren't really going to gear their game plans towards a player who only plays 15 mins and who could leave the game with an injury at any point...

oh the horror
03-27-2009, 06:34 AM
I dont see Oden being massive on the scoring end, unless he works on his game tremendously. His defensive game, and rebounding is heading uphill, he looks solid in those areas already. Hes going to BE A MONSTER.

The ONLY question is, can he stay healthy and ON the court for his game to develope properly. HE CANNOT KEEP getting injured.

24 months? 2 years, without a major injury to sideline him? I can see it happening.

03-27-2009, 07:10 AM
He has had some good numbers in limited minutes since he's got back, but that doesn't mean a lot. Opposing teams aren't really going to gear their game plans towards a player who only plays 15 mins and who could leave the game with an injury at any point...

:banghead: :hammerhead:

Lone Laker
03-27-2009, 07:34 AM
Last night, Greg Oden had one more rebound than a dead man...

Go Getter
03-27-2009, 07:38 AM

Exactly. Joel P will be better than Greg for a few more years.......I'm not sold on Greg being a real NBA C anytime soon.

oh the horror
03-27-2009, 07:58 AM
I dont see him being the BEST center in the league in simply 2 years, but I do see him as being one of the better centers in the league.

He must, must, MUST stay healthy though. He keeps going out with injuries like this, and he isnt going anywhere.

DukeDelonte13
03-27-2009, 08:56 AM
Oden? :oldlol:

unbreakable
08-18-2009, 08:32 AM
:lol

Auka
08-18-2009, 10:48 AM
Miss your fix of attention hey PB?

33teeth
08-18-2009, 11:29 AM
If I say something, its probably true.

Like that the Cav's were going to win the Title last season? Like that if they didn't you would GTFO of here FOREVER?

Empty words. Empty head. Troll.

:sleeping

PleezeBelieve
08-18-2009, 11:36 AM
Fail.

lol @ the absolute irony of this as the second post in this thread.

PleezeBelieve
08-18-2009, 11:38 AM
Miss your fix of attention hey PB?
You act like I bumped this thread. And we have 18 months till this thread is proven true or not.

DukeDelonte13
08-18-2009, 11:58 AM
Greg Oden is a bum.

Poodle Bark
11-24-2009, 08:38 AM
I've still got 16 months to go for my prediction to come true and Oden's and Howard's Per 36 are damn near identical with Oden topping Howard in damn near every defensive and offensive speciality stat.

Oh, I love being me. So great but yet so hated.

I wonder why? :confusedshrug:

Poodle Bark
11-24-2009, 08:49 AM
:eek: My swag was could not be contained in this thread.

I am definitely the GOAT on this board.

ShaqAttack3234
11-24-2009, 09:14 AM
I love Oden, but he still has a long way to go to top Howard, Duncan and Bynum. Duncan will decline, but Bynum and Howard shouldn't. Drew is a 20/12 guy on a championship contender, Howard is the reigning rebounding/block leader/DPOY and he's on the reigning Eastern Conference champs.

I love seeing Oden improve, but bumping this thread was not a good idea. It just gives Oden haters an oppurtunity to point out his flaws.

Poodle Bark
11-24-2009, 09:21 AM
I love Oden, but he still has a long way to go to top Howard, Duncan and Bynum. Duncan will decline, but Bynum and Howard shouldn't. Drew is a 20/12 guy on a championship contender, Howard is the reigning rebounding/block leader/DPOY and he's on the reigning Eastern Conference champs.

I love seeing Oden improve, but bumping this thread was not a good idea. It just gives Oden haters an oppurtunity to point out his flaws.
Who cares about last year. This is about the present and future. Oden's true stats obliterate Howard's. With more time of the floor, he'll be the superior player. Not thqt harf to grasp.

ShaqAttack3234
11-24-2009, 09:42 AM
Who cares about last year. This is about the present and future. Oden's true stats obliterate Howard's. With more time of the floor, he'll be the superior player. Not thqt harf to grasp.

True stats? His true stats are 11/8/2. He doesn't stay on the court longer because of foul trouble and stamina. He has to prove he can consistently play 35 minutes a game first. Howard has proven himself, Oden hasn't yet. So far it's mostly great potential when it comes to Oden. And what about Bynum? He'll continue to get better like Oden?

LA_Showtime
11-24-2009, 09:46 AM
in oden's defense, he would have been more developed had he not had microfracture surgery. he was looking really good in pre-season... more explosive, confident, etc

Rafael Delaget
11-24-2009, 10:00 AM

Are per 36 stats more "true" than per game stats? :confusedshrug: It's funny, I just took a look at the per 36 numbers of Bynum, Howard, and Oden, and one thing really stands out.

Personal Fouls Per 36 Minutes

Bynum: 2.6
Howard: 4.7
Oden: 5.9

But yeah, you're right, the only thing separating Oden from the elite centers in this league is playing time. I guess we should ignore the fact that Oden's lack of playing time is his own damn fault. skdsfm;trqr j;bdfk; 09adsgsa to grasp.

Tuvi
11-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Oden!!!!!!!!!

HylianNightmare
11-24-2009, 10:27 AM
Pleezebelieve at his finest

OneMoreSucka
11-24-2009, 10:32 AM
:eek: My swag was could not be contained in this thread.

I am definitely the GOAT on this board.
Was could not be contained, eh? :confusedshrug:

Poodle Bark
11-24-2009, 10:59 AM
True stats? His true stats are 11/8/2. He doesn't stay on the court longer because of foul trouble and stamina. He has to prove he can consistently play 35 minutes a game first. Howard has proven himself, Oden hasn't yet. So far it's mostly great potential when it comes to Oden. And what about Bynum? He'll continue to get better like Oden?
This thread was purposefully made for people like you who act naive to the obvious, choosing to be oblivious to the dynamics behind Oden and his current situation.

But what you cant hide behind is that Oden's current Per 36 output dwarfs what Howard put up his second year. Outside rebounding, Dwight is not exceptional at any singular component that make big men elite. He's a poor free throw shooter. Poor passer. Decent man defender. Has average post moves on the block. And he's by all accounts, just a good shot-blocker.

Oden is a superior passer, man and help defender, shot-blocker, free throw shooter, and post player, potentiallu. As it stands now, both are equal at the former even though Oden is just in his second year, playing wise.

There is very little to argue here. Dwight's season last year was more a career year than people realize. He played In a 100% motion system that required very little post play from him. With the aquisition of Vince Carter, his stats have predictably gone down given the Magic's encouragement of iso play with Carter rather than running the offense through Howard on the block.

And let's not even bring up temperament and leadership ability. This is Howard's sixth season. Think about that in addititon to the fact the Magic just came from a disappointing Finals appearance, and try to figure out how a new player acquired in a trade seems to have already assumed the 'leader' role over Howard within the first 20 games of the year?

Are you serious?

Oden will be the superior player by the end of the '11 season. I give myself credit for this fearless proclamation. I stood in the face of constant criticism and cynicism and defiantly held true to the truth in its purity rather than submit to what appeared to be simply a truth of the time.

HylianNightmare
11-24-2009, 11:06 AM
But what you cant hide is that Oden's Per 36 output dwarfs what Howard put up his second year.

Oden will be the superior player by the end of the '11 season. I give myself credit for this fearless proclamation. I stood in the face of constant criticism and cynicism and defiantly held true to the truth in its purity and not what appeared to be simply a truth of the time.

ok

OneMoreSucka
11-24-2009, 11:09 AM
This thread was purposefully made for people like you who act naive to the obvious, choosing to be oblivious to the dynamics behind Oden and his current situation.

But what you cant hide behind is that Oden's current Per 36 output dwarfs what Howard put up his second year. Outside rebounding, Dwight is not exceptional at any singular component that make big men elite. He's a poor free throw shooter. Poor passer. Decent man defender. Has average post moves on the block. And he's by all accounts, just a good shot-blocker.

Oden is a superior passer, man and help defender, shot-blocker, free throw shooter, and post player, potentiallu. As it stands now, both are equal at the former even though Oden is just in his second year, playing wise.

There is very little to argue here. Dwight's season last year was more a career year than people realize. He played In a 100% motion system that required very little post play from him. With the aquisition of Vince Carter, his stats have predictably gone down given the Magic's encouragement of iso play with Carter rather than running the offense through Howard on the block.

And let's not even bring up temperament and leadership ability. This is Howard's sixth season. Think about that in addititon to the fact the Magic just came from a disappointing Finals appearance, and try to figure out how a new player acquired in a trade seems to have already assumed the 'leader' role over Howard within the first 20 games of the year?

Are you serious?

Oden will be the superior player by the end of the '11 season. I give myself credit for this fearless proclamation. I stood in the face of constant criticism and cynicism and defiantly held true to the truth in its purity rather than submit to what appeared to be simply a truth of the time.
You need to work on your writing.

OneMoreSucka
11-24-2009, 11:14 AM
I've still got 16 months to go for my prediction to come true and Oden's and Howard's Per 36 are damn near identical with Oden topping Howard in damn near every defensive and offensive speciality stat.

Oh, I love being me. So great but yet so hated.

I wonder why? :confusedshrug:
You fail to mention that in Oden's per 36, he's accumulating 6 fouls.

Who gives a shit if his hypothetical stats are higher if he won't even be in the game?

I'll wait.

Poodle Bark
11-24-2009, 11:24 AM

Who gives a shit if his hypothetical stats are higher if he won't even be in the game?

I'll wait.
He averaged almost 7 last year. He'll get better. That's obvious. Why even bring it up?

DukeDelonte13
11-24-2009, 11:31 AM

I'll wait.

Fouls are counted against PER, they are part of the formula. Oden's PER is whatever number despite the fouls.

Im still not impressed by him though.

Rafael Delaget
11-24-2009, 11:54 AM
disappointing Finals appearance

ShaqAttack3234
11-24-2009, 11:56 AM

I'm one of the biggest Greg Oden fans on this board and I've followed him closely since he entered the NBA and I understand his situation perfectly.

I'm the poster who always pointed out that Oden was out of shape, just a year removed from microfracture surgery(it takes 2 years) and how a year of NBA experience under his belt would help him in his second year. I can't count how many times I pointed that out when people called him a bust citing his 9/7 stats and constant foul trouble.

But what you cant hide behind is that Oden's current Per 36 output dwarfs what Howard put up his second year.

What you can't hide behind is that Howard was 2 years younger than Greg is now in his second year. And Howard, unlike Oden had proven himself durable enough to play 36 minutes and capable of staying out of foul trouble long enough.

Outside rebounding, Dwight is not exceptional at any singular component that make big men elite. He's a poor free throw shooter. Poor passer. Decent man defender. Has average post moves on the block. And he's by all accounts, just a good shot-blocker.

Right, just a good shot blocker? He led the league in blocks last season, set the record for blocks in a finals game and he's had double digit block games before. He's an excellent shot blocker.

No, they are not equal post players right now. Lets see Oden average 21 ppg back to back years, 20 ppg throughout a playoff run to the finals or drop 40 points in the clinching conference finals game.

Granted, Howard is no Olajuwon or O'Neal in the post, but he's shown himself capable of averaging 20+ ppg and having 40+ point games and he does most of his damage in the post using his speed and his running hooks/jump hooks with either hand.

Do I think Oden could be a better post player? Yes, I think he's stronger and he has the potential to be more difficult to stop with his back to the basket. But as of now, you could not throw the ball into Oden and expect 20+ points every night.

Yeah, but Howard already led his team to 59 wins and the finals. He's proven more as a leader than Oden has and he's just 2 years older. It's not like Oden is currently the leader of his team either and Howard has still been Orlando's best player this season.

And what about Bynum? He's the same age as Oden, has had to deal with injuries as well and he's a 20/12 player on a title contender right now?

I hope Oden becomes a dominant force, but right now it's a stretch to assume he'll be better than Howard or even Bynum in less than 2 years.

OneMoreSucka
11-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Fouls are counted against PER, they are part of the formula. Oden's PER is whatever number despite the fouls.

Im still not impressed by him though.
Not talking about Player Efficiency Rating, talking about stats/36 minutes.

Kobr
01-18-2012, 07:33 PM
:applause: PB

FKAri
01-18-2012, 07:38 PM
Not really the posters' fault. They didnt know he was made of broken shards of glass that had been paper glued back together.

dunksby
01-18-2012, 07:39 PM
Fail.

Considering you are banned and he still posts :oldlol:

Lebron23
01-18-2012, 08:19 PM
What a horrible wannabee GM?