PDA

View Full Version : How good is Andre Iguodala?

Tuvi
03-27-2009, 02:12 AM
Right now he is averaging 18.3 ppg 5.8 rpg and 5.3 apg. Right now he has his team as the fifth seed in the east. I watched him hit a game winner in LA and sink pressure free throws against Portland (both on the road) can this guy be an All-Star next year? Can he even go beyond being and All-star?

iggy>
03-27-2009, 02:16 AM
he will be an all star but will never be a superstar. more of a scotty pippen type player, has a good all around game, great defense, best suited to be a 2nd option.

miles berg
03-27-2009, 02:20 AM
Obviously he is a Scottie Pippen type, as the above poster noted. Never a guy that would be considered a true franchise player but if he could find a way to land a gig playing next to the perfect Batman for his skills his legacy could go through the roof.

He is Scottie Pippen without his Jordan to play off of.

Meticode
03-27-2009, 02:22 AM
The odd thing about Scottie Pippen is he isn't considered a franchise player, but he's named one of the top 50 players of all time. :oldlol:

Jordandunk23
03-27-2009, 02:27 AM
WOW! Scottie Pippen underrated on ish?!

DuMa
03-27-2009, 02:28 AM
scottie pippen is a good comparison. almost nailed it on the head... but iggy still needs to get his fundamentals down to be considered the next pip.

no way he is a first option guy on offense but he is a great 2nd or 3rd option. can score in other ways.

catzhernandez
03-27-2009, 02:29 AM
Obviously he is a Scottie Pippen type, as the above poster noted. Never a guy that would be considered a true franchise player but if he could find a way to land a gig playing next to the perfect Batman for his skills his legacy could go through the roof.

He is Scottie Pippen without his Jordan to play off of.
LMFAO. Scotte Pippen comparisons?

Wow, you guys must never have watched a prime Scottie.

Styles p
03-27-2009, 02:32 AM
watch out for the sixers in the next couple years. we have thaddeus young, marreese speights, iggy, lou williams, a healthy brand we just need another veteran on the bench not kareem rush.

JordanL
03-27-2009, 03:48 AM
People have forgotten how good Scottie was...

I think Rashard Lewis is a better parrallel (not because they play the same style, but for impact).

Lebron23
03-27-2009, 03:51 AM
He's basically a Gerald Wallace type of player. He's going to be voted in the All Star Game, if he will remain as a consistent scorer for the Philadelphia 76ers.

I think he's going to average 23 ppg, 6 rpg, and 6 rpg in his prime.

the.powerhouse
03-27-2009, 05:07 AM
wow, seeing some serious disrespect towards Scottie here. he led his team to the ECF when jordan was out. yet he's still not considered a franchise player? in his prime pippen would have easy been a franchise player. just look around the league today and count how many 'Franchise' players struggle to lead their team past the first and second rounds!

Toizumi
03-27-2009, 05:31 AM
wow, seeing some serious disrespect towards Scottie here. he led his team to the ECF when jordan was out. yet he's still not considered a franchise player? in his prime pippen would have easy been a franchise player. just look around the league today and count how many 'Franchise' players struggle to lead their team past the first and second rounds!

Pretty much what I wanted to type. Iggy is good but nowhere close to Pippen.

He's an allstar calibre player, but he hasnt shown that he can carry a team on his back for a whole season. You won't build a franchise around him, but he's great as a nr 2 guy. I feel the same about Antawn Jamison and even Michael Redd. All great, but not on that superstar level..

The_Yearning
03-27-2009, 06:25 AM
Never should of signed for Brand...Sixers should of had waited for Boozer or one of those '010 boyss.....

oh the horror
03-27-2009, 06:27 AM
LMFAO. Scotte Pippen comparisons?

Wow, you guys must never have watched a prime Scottie.

Apparently not. There is no way, those two players are anywhere near eachother. Pippen and Iggy, are you KIDDING me?!

Posterize246
03-27-2009, 10:29 AM
He's the 2nd best Andre on his team.

Iguodala's D hasn't been as good as it was in the past. It's good in spurts, but he doesn't guard the opposing team's best player the whole game anymore. Remember when B Roy went for the game winner in Portland, who forced him into a tough fadeaway airball? 6'2" Royal Ivey.

Iguodala will have to learn how to play shooting guard sooner or later. Thaddeus Young has been an absolute MONSTER this month (22 ppg in 14 games) and he's not going to play power forward forever.

John Smith
03-27-2009, 10:32 AM
he's mediocre good, definently not great. he is a step behind Brandon Roy and a step ahead of Stephen Jackson.

iggy>
03-27-2009, 10:42 AM
to clear things up, i said iggy is a scotty pippen TYPE player. i never said he was as good or better. his game just compares to pippen in many ways.

JJ81
03-27-2009, 10:48 AM
Being the star of that team, that aint that impressive.

Posterize246
03-27-2009, 11:13 AM
Being the star of that team, that aint that impressive.
Their record is tied with Miami. Would you say being the star of that team (Wade) is not all that impressive?

hateraid
03-27-2009, 11:44 AM
Lol, posterize, second best Andre, although my thoughts exactly. I love him, but I see the franchise going with the higher potential in Thad and use Iggy to get a legit first option scorer in the future. The guys got Josh Howard syndrome, do everything really good, but nothing really great. And just like those Josh Howard types you love em when they're hot, but always seem to overrate them on the whole.
Poor man's Scottie is definately on point.

giantgonzolez
03-28-2009, 04:50 AM
Right now he is averaging 18.3 ppg 5.8 rpg and 5.3 apg. Right now he has his team as the fifth seed in the east. I watched him hit a game winner in LA and sink pressure free throws against Portland (both on the road) can this guy be an All-Star next year? Can he even go beyond being and All-star?

Well, he can dunk from the Freethrow Line like Jordan and Drexler so he must be pretty good then:lol

Im so nba'd out
03-29-2009, 02:41 AM
he will be an all star one of these years he is very similar to gerald wallace.comparing him to scottie out of all the people who have been in the nba is down right insane!

Jorn444Lakers
03-29-2009, 04:11 AM
He's the GOAT according to some posters after he hit that game winner against the Lakers :roll:

coined
05-18-2016, 11:04 PM
Multi-task player

scores, assists, rebounds, defends. Does it all. Can play anywhere from 1 to 5.

tmacattack33
05-18-2016, 11:45 PM
he will be an all star but will never be a superstar. more of a scotty pippen type player, has a good all around game, great defense, best suited to be a 2nd option.

LOL.

Pippen was a bonafide super-star. He was top 5 for a few of those golden 90's years...which woulda made him Top 3 from 2011 to 2014 (right behind Lebron and Durant).