PDA

View Full Version : 35 wins 105 losses = Kevin Durant

kumquat
03-28-2009, 06:19 PM
Almost 2 seasons in, has any future "superstar" started their career with a worse winning percentage. Kevin Durant = Mr 25%

rox fa sho
03-28-2009, 06:20 PM
you're ****ing stupid

lakerfreak
03-28-2009, 06:21 PM
Cut the kid some slack. Him and his team need to improve defense and find a motivation to help them play hard.

unbreakable
03-28-2009, 06:21 PM
20 years old and has been the best player on his team since day 1. LOL. Effin haters.

Change your effin title.. you aint got swagger for shlt, homeboy.

Meticode
03-28-2009, 06:26 PM
I say cut Kevin Durant some slack. He got drafted by a franchise that was dieing then his team got moved to a new location that next season. They have some promise and a nice young core. Jeff Green has been great and solid, Russell Westbrook looks really nice. Almost 16PPG, I wasn't expecting that.

I think it's unfortunate they rejected the Tyson Chandler trade. I think they could have really helped them next season. I think they need one more good piece to help them out, some type of shooting guard or point guard.

statman32
03-28-2009, 06:28 PM
Almost 2 seasons in, has any future "superstar" started their career with a worse winning percentage. Kevin Durant = Mr 25%
U mad? :roll:

You know your wrong when the only other poster to agree with you is PB.

Kobe24
03-28-2009, 06:36 PM
lmao @ this idiot. Name me another superstar with a worse supporting cast.

lakerfreak
03-28-2009, 06:40 PM

Kobe :hammerhead:

kumquat
03-28-2009, 06:46 PM
Good one dumbass....Try Okafor (and he's not even really considered a star)

I'm honestly trying to find at least semi decent star who's led his team to such an awful win record.

A guy like Okafor on an expansion team.

The starting line up he had to work with

Knight-Bogans-Wallace-Okafor-Brezec

over 2 injured seasons he managed 33 wins 64 losses = 34% wins

Rekindled
03-28-2009, 06:46 PM
name another superstar whose team changed cities after their first season

Meticode
03-28-2009, 06:50 PM
name another superstar whose team changed cities after their first season

Actually Chris Paul did, but obviously not to the same extent of Durant of course.

Kobe24
03-28-2009, 06:50 PM

I'm honestly trying to find at least semi decent star who's led his team to such an awful win record.

A guy like Okafor on an expansion team.

The starting line up he had to work with

Knight-Bogans-Wallace-Okafor-Brezec

over 2 injured seasons he managed 33 wins 64 losses = 34% wins

Okafor is not even first option or second option on his team. I clearly said superstar and you bring up Okafor who you don't consider a star. Are you retarded? That's a rhetorical question. We all know the answer.

Meticode
03-28-2009, 06:52 PM

You answered your own question here. Okafor is not a superstar.

RoseCity07
03-28-2009, 06:54 PM
Jeff Green and Westbrook are not scrubs. HAHAH, Durant is a horrible leader.

unbreakable
03-28-2009, 06:55 PM

They aint great players though either. Theyre a couple of young cubs in a world full of bears.

Kobe24
03-28-2009, 06:56 PM

At least he plays. What about Oden? He hasn't even showed Kwame Brown potential. At least Kwame had decent seasons. Biggest bust in history.

RoseCity07
03-28-2009, 06:57 PM
They aint great players though either. Theyre a couple of young cubs in a world full of bears.

Excuses. No excuse for the great Kevin Durant not to at least have a 30+ win season this year with that talent.

RoseCity07
03-28-2009, 06:59 PM
At least he plays. What about Oden? He hasn't even showed Kwame Brown potential. At least Kwame had decent seasons. Biggest bust in history.

Yes, he hasn't showed Kwame potential.:ohwell: You just proved that you have not watched Oden at all. I've never seen Kwame Brown lock down the paint before. Apparently you have.

Kobe24
03-28-2009, 07:02 PM
Yes, he hasn't showed Kwame potential.:ohwell: You just proved that you have not watched Oden at all. I've never seen Kwame Brown lock down the paint before. Apparently you have.

Yup, he's def locking down the paint with his 1.2 blocks per game. 9/7 as the first overall pick is HORRENDOUS. 51 games in two seasons is DISGUSTING. I've seen Oden play and his offensive game is BRUTAL. He has no touch, he can't shoot free throws and his post game is non existent. As it stands, he's the BIGGEST bust in the history of the league. Terrible pick by the Blazers. He can't even start over Pryzbilla.

He has 20+ points twice this season.

He has 15 + games where he has scored less than 5 points.

B-U-S-T

kumquat
03-28-2009, 07:04 PM
Okafor is not even first option or second option on his team. I clearly said superstar and you bring up Okafor who you don't consider a star. Are you retarded? That's a rhetorical question. We all know the answer.

That's exactly my point OKAFOR ISN'T EVEN A STAR, he was the best player on the team and still led a bunch of scrubs to a better record than Durant

RoseCity07
03-28-2009, 07:05 PM
Yup, he's def locking down the paint with his 1.2 blocks per game. 9/7 as the first overall pick is HORRENDOUS. 51 games in two seasons is DISGUSTING. I've seen Oden play and his offensive game is BRUTAL. He has no touch, he can't shoot free throws and his post game is non existent. As it stands, he's the BIGGEST bust in the history of the league. Terrible pick by the Blazers. He can't even start over Pryzbilla.

You're a joke, and a troll now. How was Bynum doing with his 2 points per game on a Laker team that could afford to feed him the ball every game? Greg Oden swatted the **** out of Bynum on the very first play of the season and almost made him cry. Bynum looked silly when Oden shook him on the next play, so bad that Bynum had to pull down Oden to stop him. Which is how he got his first injury. I can keep embarrassing you like this if you want.

Meticode
03-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Excuses. No excuse for the great Kevin Durant not to at least have a 30+ win season this year with that talent.

You need decent team mates for this to happen. Jeff Green is pretty solid. Russell Westbrook is solid for a rookie, Collison is great off the bench. Who else is there for this team?

nbastatus
03-28-2009, 07:12 PM

He has 20+ points twice this season.

He has 15 + games where he has scored less than 5 points.

B-U-S-T
omfg! you're awesome!
+1

RoseCity07
03-28-2009, 07:13 PM
You need decent team mates for this to happen. Jeff Green is pretty solid. Russell Westbrook is solid for a rookie, Collison is great off the bench. Who else is there for this team?

I just look at who the Blazers had when they won 32 games. Aldridge and Roy as rookies. They won almost as many games his rookie year than Durant has won in 2 years.

kumquat
03-28-2009, 07:14 PM
Back to the point at hand people.

Kevin Durant = Mr 25%

I'll ask the question again has there been anybody who's been considered a Star/upcoming star/elite player that's led his team to such a bad record.

Look at T-Mac, first year in Orlando at age 21

Here's his supporting cast
Darrel Armstrong/Mike Miller/Bo Outlaw/"Gaybar" Amaechi/Pat Garrity

39 wins/38 losses over a 50% win record

Nets fan 93
03-28-2009, 07:15 PM
The thing with Durants is that he does not make his teammates better...when he does that the team will be better

Dick Biggly
Allen Iverson's Sixers went 53-111 in his first two seasons.

Kobe24
You're a joke, and a troll now. How was Bynum doing with his 2 points per game on a Laker team that could afford to feed him the ball every game? Greg Oden swatted the **** out of Bynum on the very first play of the season and almost made him cry. Bynum looked silly when Oden shook him on the next play, so bad that Bynum had to pull down Oden to stop him. Which is how he got his first injury. I can keep embarrassing you like this if you want.

Really? Bynum was the one who looked silly? As I recall, Oden went 0-4 from the field and 0-2 from the line. How can you be scoreless after being hyped up for two whole years? Bynum in his first game of the season is not the same Bynum from midseason who was putting up BEASTLY numbers on every top center. Oden has a full season + offseason to get prepared and yet he still looks like trash. Bynum had half a season and offseason and he looked like a beast. Oden's career high is 24. Bynum's is 42. Bynum had more 20 + points in a week than Oden has had all season. Bynum hits 70 % off his free throws. Oden hits 63%. Don't even try to compare the two. One is a legit future all star while Oden is a backup C to Pryzbilla.

RoseCity07
03-28-2009, 07:17 PM
Really? Bynum was the one who looked silly? As I recall, Oden went 0-4 from the field and 0-2 from the line. How can you be scoreless after being hyped up for two whole years? Bynum in his first game of the season is not the same Bynum from midseason who was putting up BEASTLY numbers on every top center. Oden has a full season + offseason to get prepared and yet he still looks like trash. Bynum had half a season and offseason and he looked like a beast. Oden's career high is 24. Bynum's is 42. Bynum had more 20 + points in a week than Oden has had all season. Bynum hits 70 % off his free throws. Oden hits 63%. Don't even try to compare the two. One is a legit future all star while Oden is a backup C to Pryzbilla.

Oden plays like 20 minutes a game and almost averages better numbers than Bynum did. Bynum only plays for months at a time too lol. Bynum is injury prone.

Nets fan 93
03-28-2009, 07:17 PM
:applause:

Oden still needs time

kumquat
03-28-2009, 07:18 PM
Take your Sdens and Bynums to a new thread.

Unless they have a worse winning record than Durant.

RoseCity07
03-28-2009, 07:21 PM
What were Bynum's number before Pau got there too? Lol..Is that before or after Kobe wanted Bynum gone. I guess even scrub players can score with two all stars out there drawing all the defenders.

Meticode
03-28-2009, 07:21 PM

Kevin Durant = Mr 25%

I'll ask the question again has there been anybody who's been considered a Star/upcoming star/elite player that's led his team to such a bad record.

Why are you bringing up T-Mac? He played three years in Toronto before even coming into his own as a superstar when arriving to Orlando.

Kobe24
03-28-2009, 07:22 PM
Oden plays like 20 minutes a game and almost averages better numbers than Bynum did. Bynum only plays for months at a time too lol. Bynum is injury prone.

Bynum is injury prone? Bynum's fouls have all been injuries that you CANNOT avoid. That's being UNLUCKY. Oden gets injured getting up from a couch. That's pathetic. Bynum hasn't missed a full season. Oden has. 20 mins per game from your first overall pick. :oldlol:

BUST

nbastatus
03-28-2009, 07:22 PM
What were Bynum's number before Pau got there too? Lol..Is that before or after Kobe wanted Bynum gone. I guess even scrub players can score with two all stars out there drawing all the defenders.
bynum >>>>> oden

Knuck the Ficks
03-28-2009, 07:23 PM

Kevin Durant = Mr 25%

Wow still bitter about Oden :oldlol:

But just to humour your point about T-Mac:

- That was TMac's FOURTH year in the league. That's three full years in which to adjust to the professional game.

- That supporting cast is still better than Durant's

- 2008 Western Conference >>>>>>>> 2001 Eastern Conference by an extremely large margin

I don't think Durant will become a top 20 player of all time but your comparison is rubbish. Try again.

Kobe24
03-28-2009, 07:23 PM
It's only idiot Oden fans like CumSquat and RoseCity that hate on Durant. The rest see a future HOF.

RoseCity07
03-28-2009, 07:25 PM
Bynum is injury prone? Bynum's fouls have all been injuries that you CANNOT avoid. That's being UNLUCKY. Oden gets injured getting up from a couch. That's pathetic. Bynum hasn't missed a full season. Oden has. 20 mins per game from your first overall pick. :oldlol:

BUST

Bynum is out right now, Oden isn't, that is injury prone. Oden messed up his foot by being pulled down onto Fishers foot, and Maggette slamming into his knee, and he still played on it after that.

Bynum fell over and started crying after he collapsed on his on knee. Injury prone. Since we are comparing guards to centers..

Roy>>>>Bynum...ship his ass out.

Vragrant
03-28-2009, 07:25 PM
Hey anybody think Durant looks like a younger Cliff Robinson?

Kevin
http://theblackquarterback.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/kevin_durant_0628.jpg

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/IMG/kevin_durant-arton23665-290x290.jpg

Cliff
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/2986/612209-cliff_robinson_large.jpg

http://www.checkoutmycards.com/CardImages/Cards/017/048/08F.jpg

Meticode
03-28-2009, 07:26 PM
Hey anybody think Durant looks like a younger Cliff Robinson?

They're both black, that's about where it ends for me.

RoseCity07
03-28-2009, 07:26 PM
It's only idiot Oden fans like CumSquat and RoseCity that hate on Durant. The rest see a future HOF.

No, the rest see a 10 time all star with 0 championships. Unlike Oden dominating and winning a ton of championships. That all I hear is praise from guys who no what they are taking about. Not guys who name themselves "Kobe24". Oh, I guess you wanted Bynum all along.

GOBB
03-28-2009, 07:28 PM
This thread is a fail.

kumquat
03-28-2009, 07:29 PM
Since you didn't like my Okafor comparison, I was trying to find a young star with a bad team since there's been f*ck all players who have moved city's after there rookie year. The only guy I can remotely think of is Stromile swift, but he had shreef/bibby then pau, so no I won't point out he also had a better record than Durant. :roll:

Kobe24
03-28-2009, 07:30 PM
Bynum is out right now, Oden isn't, that is injury prone. Oden messed up his foot by being pulled down onto Fishers foot, and Maggette slamming into his knee, and he still played on it after that.

Bynum fell over and started crying after he collapsed on his on knee. Injury prone. Since we are comparing guards to centers..

Do you know what injury prone is? Get the rain out of your eyes moron. Oden hasn't played a FULL season yet. This is currently his second season and he's still not gonna play a full season. That's injury prone. Oden doesn't even friends on his team. They know he's a bust. He has low self esteem and has confidence issues. He's on a lonely road. Greg Oden has more blog posts than 20+ point games. If you can't start over Pryzbilla.. consider retirement please.

GOBB
03-28-2009, 07:31 PM
Unlike Oden dominating and winning a ton of championships.

:roll:

What year is Oden going to start dominating?

What year is Oden going to win a championship spawning a ton of them to follow?

You sound really stupid. I'm an Oden supporter but he isnt giving anyone much faith in being a dominant title collector. So far he has been a huge disappointment. And i expect him to improve and be productive. But for you to easily assume Oden will dominate and win a ton of titles is amusing. It just proves the point that most Oden fans are Durant haters. Really doesnt have to be that way either. Oh well.

kumquat
This thread is a fail.

Nice to hear from you gobby, but yeh your life = fail, so I guess we're even.

PleezeBelieve
At the end of the day, despite all your little punk-ass excuses upon excuses, Durant conitnues to lose games at an awful clip.

You mad?

Attack me.

Attack the OP.

But Durant still is a loser. :oldlol:

Now answer the damn OP's question.

Kobe24
03-28-2009, 07:33 PM
At the end of the day, despite all your little punk-ass excuses upon excuses, Durant conitnues to lose games at an awful clip.

You mad?

Attack me.

Attack the OP.

But Durant still is a loser. :oldlol:

Now answer the damn OP's question.

What question?

Meticode
03-28-2009, 07:34 PM
His team loses game, he's not single-handily the reason why they lose games.

nbastatus
03-28-2009, 07:36 PM

then that means
roy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> oden. retire his old ass.

PleezeBelieve
03-28-2009, 07:36 PM
GOBB, Reggie Bush still waiting for that All-Pro offensive line needed for him to get atleast 3.9 yards per carry average?

:roll:

You a clowm, too.

reppy
03-28-2009, 07:37 PM
Do you know what injury prone is? Get the rain out of your eyes moron. Oden hasn't played a FULL season yet. This is currently his second season and he's still not gonna play a full season. That's injury prone. Oden doesn't even friends on his team. They know he's a bust. He has low self esteem and has confidence issues. He's on a lonely road. Greg Oden has more blog posts than 20+ point games. If you can't start over Pryzbilla.. consider retirement please.

Now this is just retarded. Przybilla holds the fort down for Portland. How many centers in the NBA could start over Przybilla? Dwight Howard, Bynum, Yao Ming, Zydrunas Ilgauskas .. who else?

(If you can't spell Przybilla....... consider not talking about the Blazers. )

Player Rebound Rate (RR = (100 x (Rebs x Tm Mins))/[Plyr Mins x (Tm Rebs + Opp Rebs)] give a better sense of effectiveness since it states the probability of a player grabbing a board while they are on the court instead of totals per game. The leaders last year were:

Total Rebound Pct
1 Dwight Howard-ORL 21.7
2 Joel Przybilla-POR 21
3 Marcus Camby-DEN 20.3
4 Chris Kaman-LAC 19.7
5 Tim Duncan-SAS 19.6

By the way, Oden was starting over Przybilla. It's only since coming back that he's been coming off the bench. But I wouldn't expect you to know that, probably just looked at the last 3 box scores and spouted some **** out of your mouth.

RoseCity07
03-28-2009, 07:37 PM
Greg Oden is a disappointment? What rookies have come in and won championships? A lot less than have come in and made it to the all star game.

Centers and point guards take the longest to develop. Not SF's that play for so called D league teams and get to chuck away.

Billups and Nash sucked early in their careers. Dwight had like 12 and 10 in 30 minutes and he was the on a terrible team.

Oden is doing fine. That's what all the scouts and GMs think. But Gobb from insidehoops thinks he is a disappointment so that's what counts.

Kobe24
03-28-2009, 07:39 PM
Now this is just retarded. Przybilla holds the fort down for Portland. How many centers in the NBA could start over Przybilla? Dwight Howard, Bynum, Yao Ming, Zydrunas Ilgauskas .. who else?

By the way, Oden was starting over Przybilla. It's only since coming back that he's been coming off the bench. But I wouldn't expect you to know that, probably just looked at the last 3 box scores and spouted some **** out of your mouth.

I would think first overall picks would be starting. Silly me.

nbastatus
03-28-2009, 07:42 PM
Greg Oden is a disappointment? What rookies have come in and won championships? A lot less than have come in and made it to the all star game.

Centers and point guards take the longest to develop. Not SF's that play for so called D league teams and get to chuck away.

Billups and Nash sucked early in their careers. Dwight had like 12 and 10 in 30 minutes and he was the on a terrible team.

Oden is doing fine. That's what all the scouts and GMs think. But Gobb from insidehoops thinks he is a disappointment so that's what counts.
unlike dwight, the guy averages 4 fouls in 22 minutes :oldlol:

reppy
I would think first overall picks would be starting. Silly me.

I would think you'd finish reading my paragraph before responding. Guess not.

GOBB
Nice to hear from you gobby, but yeh your life = fail, so I guess we're even.

My life is a failure based on me saying your thread was? :oldlol:

The logic you possess is disturbing. How old are you again? The fact you cant even break down Durants TEAM (keyword) is amusing. You associate the lack of team success as all Durants fault. Ignorant to what a successful team looks like. You take a successful team in the NBA and place it up against Durant team. You should be able to figure out why one team is better than the other. If and when you do this you will see how silly it is to blame Durant or rather slam Durant for the lack of success he has had for that franchise.

Can you honestly sit here and say Durants team at the start of the season up until NOW has not improved nor got better dispite losses? Or you dont care. You pull up league standings and go off of it. Do you even know if that team and its players have improved? Probably not.

I could go on and on which futher supports how your thread is a failure. Yet you couldnt go on and on about how my life is. Your reply was something a 2nd grader would come up with after being called stupid.

"No you stupid! ha we even! :D "

PleezeBelieve
His team loses game, he's not single-handily the reason why they lose games.
That's right, you said it -- HIS TEAM.

Like seriously, what don't you all get? This dude is the unquestioned leader of that team...and they are horrible. No need to blame teammates. Ownership change. Conference affiliation.

:oldlol: wait for it....

Yes, how about we blame Durant? Heeeeyyy, that's sounds fair. And not only should he be blamed, there is almost zero belief to me that he can change this losing cycle anytime soon. He's taking the most shots. He's playing the most minutes. What else can happen for him to win that he isnt already doing?

Meticode
03-28-2009, 07:44 PM
So far for me Greg Oden has been disappointing. And it's not because of injuries. I'm defeinately impressed by his aggressiveness on the boards. He's a monster there, it's going to be hard for people to keep him away from the ball on offensive and defensive rebounds when we all know he's 100% healthy.

But as far as his post game, decision-making ability under the basket and prone to fouls I'm not impressed at all. He seems to be short on a lot of easy 5 foot hook shots. Of course he's a rookie and he's going to make these mistakes, I just wasn't expecting the fouling to be that big of an issue to where a lot of times he has more fouls than points in a game. People were picking him or Derrick Rose for the leading candidates for Rookie of the Year and Oden isn't anywhere close to that level even without the injuries like earlier in the season.

PleezeBelieve
03-28-2009, 07:49 PM

The logic you possess is disturbing. How old are you again? The fact you cant even break down Durants TEAM (keyword) is amusing. You associate the lack of team success as all Durants fault. Ignorant to what a successful team looks like. You take a successful team in the NBA and place it up against Durant team. You should be able to figure out why one team is better than the other. If and when you do this you will see how silly it is to blame Durant or rather slam Durant for the lack of success he has had for that franchise.

Can you honestly sit here and say Durants team at the start of the season up until NOW has not improved nor got better dispite losses? Or you dont care. You pull up league standings and go off of it. Do you even know if that team and its players have improved? Probably not.

I could go on and on which futher supports how your thread is a failure. Yet you couldnt go on and on about how my life is. Your reply was something a 2nd grader would come up with after being called stupid.

"No you stupid! ha we even! :D "
I don't know about you, but the only time I've seen noticeable improvement with this team is when Westbrook gets more time.

From limuted minutues to strater minutes.

From starter minutes to #1 option minutes.

Only during these two transgressions have I seen the Thunder product get better. Smartenup.

reppy
03-28-2009, 07:49 PM
His post game has improved dramatically from the beginning of the season. It's still pretty rough, though. I prefer to see him try to back people down and just throw it down. Shaq made a pretty good career out of that. The fouling is really what's holding him back. Has trouble getting into a groove because of it. But anyone that has watched a game where he's stayed out of foul trouble for a significant amount of time can see what he's capable of doing. The end of the game against the Sixers was a good example -- had 5 fouls and played basically the rest of the game including OT. And was huge for Portland.

I don't really know why, but Portland seems to play with more energy when Oden is out there and in the groove of things versus Przybilla. I guess because Przybilla isn't a threat to score on the offensive end.

RoseCity07
03-28-2009, 07:54 PM
So far for me Greg Oden has been disappointing. And it's not because of injuries. I'm defeinately impressed by his aggressiveness on the boards. He's a monster there, it's going to be hard for people to keep him away from the ball on offensive and defensive rebounds when we all know he's 100% healthy.

But as far as his post game, decision-making ability under the basket and prone to fouls I'm not impressed at all. He seems to be short on a lot of easy 5 foot hook shots. Of course he's a rookie and he's going to make these mistakes, I just wasn't expecting the fouling to be that big of an issue to where a lot of times he has more fouls than points in a game. People were picking him or Derrick Rose for the leading candidates for Rookie of the Year and Oden isn't anywhere close to that level even without the injuries like earlier in the season.

So Dwight Howard was a polished post player. Oden's per minute stats are right on par with Dwight as a rookie. I think he leads rookies in double doubles too. Blazers aren't a team that can afford to give Oden the green light. Unlike most teams that get the number one pick Oden came onto a winning team, and Durant went to a D League squad.

They shouldn't be compared at all. Durant would get 15 PPG on the Blazers.

GOBB
03-28-2009, 07:59 PM

Oden missed the entire season last year after the knocks on his durability, injury issues were being thrown around. Start of this season Oden is your ROY (as you predict). He's not even close to the ROY. His rebounding/defense isnt impacting Portland as some also predicted. I mean we all know his offensive game would need to be developed, polished and worked on. But his defense/rebound was natural. And yet Joel Pryzbilla at this point in Odens young career would replace him and Portland could continue on. That in no way implies on my end I would take Joel over Greg. But its to show his impact isnt significant. Not even for a rookie as many assumed. This season he got injured yet again. The story of his bball life it seems.

The instant impact player? The cant miss prospect? The guy you said will dominate and win a ton of titles (laughable not even Shaq/Duncan have done that and Oden might not be as good as they were in his prime)? He hasnt made a significant impact for the Blazers. Of course Centers take time to develop. No one is saying he is a bust and wont improve. No one is saying he could make this season a distant memory. I'm addressing right now and the expectations he simply didnt meet. That leaves me with him being a disappointment.

People post Durants team record in 2yrs.

Oden has played 51gms out of a possible 154gms in 2yrs. But somehow thats apart of Centers and PG needing time to develop right?

[oj da juiceman]okay![/oj da juiceman]

kumquat
03-28-2009, 08:04 PM

:oldlol:
Hate to dissapoint you, but your life being a failure is very much independant of this thread.

Meticode
03-28-2009, 08:06 PM
So Dwight Howard was a polished post player.

Why are you mentioning Dwight Howard? No one even brought him up. Anyway I was unimpressed with Howard's post moves as a rookie and I still am right now even though he's been improving. With his strength and quickness he has a lot more room for improvement for his post game.

I think he leads rookies in double doubles too.

Kevin Love leads the rookies with 23. Oden has 16 and so does Marc Gasol.

Blazers aren't a team that can afford to give Oden the green light.

I don't care whether he gets the green light or not. Besides his rebounding nothing else has impressed me with him for the time he has played. He's a great shot blocker, but again, takes too many chances and doesn't understand what to do and when to do it. Hence 4 fouls a game in 22 minutes of play.

They shouldn't be compared at all. Durant would get 15 PPG on the Blazers

Maybe, maybe not. Understand that Durant is a better shooter than anyone on that starting squad for the Blazers. Yes, even Roy. Roy is a better overall player no doubt of course, he has all the tools, but on that Blazers squad Durant would be a legitimate second option ahead of Aldridge quit possibly.

GOBB
03-28-2009, 08:09 PM
:oldlol:
Hate to dissapoint you, but your life being a failure is very much independant of this thread.

So you only address that part of my post. Nothing about the basketball related remarks since this thread is discussing basketball. That just tells me you are clueless and incapable of doin so. So predictable. :oldlol:

Meticode
03-28-2009, 08:11 PM
So you only address that part of my post. Nothing about the basketball related remarks since this thread is discussing basketball. That just tells me you are clueless and incapable of doin so. So predictable. :oldlol:

It's called picking and choosing. He knows he has no argument for everything else you posted. So he opted for the "your life is a failure" argument.

RoseCity07
03-28-2009, 08:18 PM
I just brought up Dwight to show you how a okay rookie can develop into a dominant center. What Greg Oden has done so far isn't what he is going to do his whole career. He is 10 times better now than his first game. He is on the upward climb.

nbastatus
03-28-2009, 08:20 PM
I just brought up Dwight to show you how a okay rookie can develop into a dominant center. What Greg Oden has done so far isn't what he is going to do his whole career. He is 10 times better now than his first game. He is on the upward climb.
he is looking forward to another injury

RoseCity07
03-28-2009, 08:22 PM
he is looking forward to another injury

You have a lot of energy don't you little guy.

nbastatus
03-28-2009, 08:24 PM
You have a lot of energy don't you little guy.
i dont need energy to type up few words.

godofgods
03-28-2009, 08:24 PM
Michael Jordan

RoseCity07
03-28-2009, 08:32 PM
i dont need energy to type up few words.

You are to sporadic. When Oden is killing you love the Blazers, when he isn't, Oden is a bust. No credibility.

gts
03-28-2009, 08:32 PM
Almost 2 seasons in, has any future "superstar" started their career with a worse winning percentage. Kevin Durant = Mr 25%jordan started his off 68-96..not as bad but pretty much a failure none the less

RoseCity07
03-28-2009, 08:33 PM
jordan started his off 68-96..not as bad but pretty much a failure none the less

Is this excluding his second year which he missed due to a broken foot?

kumquat
03-28-2009, 08:40 PM
No, that was really all that was worth addressing. The rest was clueless uninformed drivel.....so predictable. You enter the thread with a one liner. I finish it off. Once again you fail.

LA_Showtime
03-28-2009, 08:41 PM
The only thing that worries me about Oden is that he doesn't seem to be having any fun out there. He's too worried about making mistakes and he doesn't seem to have that aggressiveness that other greats showed early in their careers. Does he lack confidence?

gts
03-28-2009, 08:42 PM
Is this excluding his second year which he missed due to a broken foot?yes my bad on that

but the following season (3rd wasn't much better than the first) and the point was to addess that not every superstar came out of the box with a winning team not to debase jordan by any means

GOBB
03-28-2009, 08:50 PM
It's called picking and choosing. He knows he has no argument for everything else you posted. So he opted for the "your life is a failure" argument.

Yup. :applause:

Meticode
03-28-2009, 08:52 PM

And I can show you how a rookie big man can develop into a bust also. But as far from what I can see, as long as he's healthy he'll develop at least into something solid. He's no where near a bust from my perspective.

navy
05-18-2014, 03:19 AM
bump

215Philly
05-18-2014, 03:21 AM
Called it :applause:

TheMagicMan
05-18-2014, 03:26 AM
RoseCity needs to own this thread :facepalm

no pun intended
05-18-2014, 03:53 AM
Unlike Oden dominating and winning a ton of championships.
https://p.gr-assets.com/540x540/fit/hostedimages/1380364606/716346.gif

Chizdog
05-18-2014, 04:15 AM
https://p.gr-assets.com/540x540/fit/hostedimages/1380364606/716346.gif

Oden will win a championship before Durant do. :coleman:

no pun intended
05-18-2014, 04:30 AM
Oden will win a championship before Durant do. :coleman:
"Dominating" "Ton of championships"

http://i.minus.com/ibukyoD5RDIDfk.gif

RoseCity07
05-18-2014, 05:15 AM
Holy sh*t I was right all along:roll: :roll:

Oden about to win a championship, Durant is a horrible leader, and Jeff Green and Westbrook are not scrubs. God damn I know the game.:oldlol:

Fudge
05-18-2014, 05:22 AM
RoseCity cementing himself as the worst poster on this board. :oldlol:

russwest0
05-18-2014, 05:23 AM
Holy sh*t I was right all along:roll: :roll:

Oden about to win a championship, Durant is a horrible leader, and Jeff Green and Westbrook are not scrubs. God damn I know the game.:oldlol:

brah u had a chance to at least man up and admit your mistake but to go the direction you did is just :facepalm

Celtics 1825
05-18-2014, 10:52 AM
Funny looking back at all the people who thought Greg Oden was gonna dominate when he's hardly even played since this thread was made :lol

livingby3's
05-18-2014, 12:03 PM
Not really that funny, rather it's much of an upset the way things went. Those posters could have been right

Mr Exlax
05-18-2014, 12:12 PM
Could you guys imagine if LeBron had lead the Cavs to these kinds of team records? Lottery picks for those Cavs would have been exactly what was needed.

Unbiased_one
05-18-2014, 12:46 PM
The on,my reason OKC is where it is today is cause they sucked so bad in durant's first few seasons. Seems stupid to say but lebron was kind of too good when he first came into the nba.

Mr Exlax
05-18-2014, 01:05 PM
The on,my reason OKC is where it is today is cause they sucked so bad in durant's first few seasons. Seems stupid to say but lebron was kind of too good when he first came into the nba.

No, it's not stupid at all. It was basically the same thing that happened to MJ. If he hadn't sat out that one year with the broken foot, that team would have looked a lot different.