PDA

View Full Version : Lebron James.. meet Blake Griffin.. your new rival

unbreakable
03-29-2009, 04:09 PM
Blake Griffin is Lebron James minus the lights, cameras, entourage, and glamour.
Blake Griffin is Lebron James plus focus.

Griffin/James... James/Griffin.. sounds like an epic boxing match dont it? Kinda like Ali/Frazier. Holyfrield/Tyson...Hagler/Hearns...Magic/Bird.. Jordan/Knicks... feel me?

Remember who called it first. The league belongs to Griffin and James.

Youre welcome.
http://www.hoopsdaily.com/images/players/small/blake-griffin-hd.jpg

IlliniFan
03-29-2009, 04:09 PM
Not even close.

unbreakable
03-29-2009, 04:11 PM
Blake Griffin completely dominates the game the way Lebron does.. but even more so because he does it INSIDE. Lebron is a swingman.. Griffin holds down the fort.

Add in his focus, swagger, humbleness, and Wade-like quiet thunder and you got a championship dynasty in the making wherever he goes.

Lebron23
03-29-2009, 04:15 PM
They are both wearing my favorite Jersey Number.

Maniak
03-29-2009, 04:15 PM
No Blake Griffin doesnt dominate the game like Lebron at all.

Blake is in college, Lebron is in the NBA.

Big difference, moron.

Mississippi
03-29-2009, 04:17 PM
What makes Blake Griffin any different than Amare Stoudemire?

Kebab Stall
03-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Griffin rebounds the ball.

daballa13
03-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Griffin can never be like Lebron, Lebron is Griffin's size except he's faster and more explosive and he can play PG to C, Griffin can only play PF to C. Lebron is the best player in the NBA easily, Griffin will never be known as that.

unbreakable
03-29-2009, 04:19 PM

:roll:

In the words of Jay Z ... "Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?"

Do you watch games or just highlight reels? Blake Griffin is a monster with footwork, poise, charm, hunger, and class. Amare has none of these characteristics.

DukeDelonte13
03-29-2009, 04:19 PM
Who's Blake Griffin?

Until he makes an impact in the big boy show he can't compare to Lebron.

unbreakable
03-29-2009, 04:20 PM
Griffin can never be like Lebron, Lebron is Griffin's size except he's faster and more explosive and he can play PG to C, Griffin can only play PF to C. Lebron is the best player in the NBA easily, Griffin will never be known as that.

Lebron cannot play PF or C. :oldlol: Where do you kids get this stuff from?

Lebron has no post up game. He's one of the greatest swingmen ever and hes only 23? 24? But stop kidding yourself the man has zero post up game and will never legitimately dominate the post the way Griffin does.

You kids crack me up! :applause:

nbastatus
03-29-2009, 04:24 PM
not true.

unbreakable
03-29-2009, 04:24 PM
Didn't Lebron win a gold medal playing PF? :confusedshrug:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Just cuz he's the 2nd largest guy on the court, that does not make him a PF

Are you serious when you ask questions? Or just asking them to keep the conversation going? Kinda like me when Im on the phone with my girl. No real intellectual input, just stuff to keep her going and happy. :oldlol:

Doranku
03-29-2009, 04:25 PM
Didn't Lebron win a gold medal playing PF? :confusedshrug:

Aren't we talking about the NBA, not International ball? :confusedshrug:

BankShot
03-29-2009, 04:25 PM

Lebron has no post up game. He's one of the greatest swingmen ever and hes only 23? 24? But stop kidding yourself the man has zero post up game and will never legitimately dominate the post the way Griffin does.

Where's Griffin's perimeter game?? If you're going to knock Lebron, a swingman, for not having a post game, then you have to make the same comment that Griffin, a post player, doesn't have a perimeter game.

Jailblazers7
03-29-2009, 04:26 PM

Put Lebron 1-on-1 in the post with Blake Griffin and you will see his post up game. Griffin's tough-guy, terminator attitude might work in college but Lebron isn't having any of that ****.

unbreakable
03-29-2009, 04:27 PM
Where's Griffin's perimeter game?? If you're going to knock Lebron, a swingman, for not having a post game, then you have to make the same comment that Griffin, a post player, doesn't have a perimeter game.

I was comparing them in terms of dominance. Men playing among boys. Making them look silly.

Except that Griffin has much more technique, skill, footwork, and fundamentals than Lebron.

unbreakable
03-29-2009, 04:28 PM
Put Lebron 1-on-1 in the post with Blake Griffin and you will see his post up game. Griffin's tough-guy, terminator attitude might work in college but Lebron isn't having any of that ****.

So Lebron would rather dominate in the post against Griffin a 6'10 monster.. but he wont against the average lanky 6'6 swingman thats guarding him? Ok buddy. You're right. :rolleyes:

1~Gibson~1
Blake Griffin is Lebron James minus the lights, cameras, entourage, and glamour.

Griffin/James... James/Griffin.. sounds like an epic boxing match dont it? Kinda like Ali/Frazier. Holyfrield/Tyson...Hagler/Hearns...Magic/Bird.. Jordan/Knicks... feel me?

Youre welcome.
http://www.hoopsdaily.com/images/players/small/blake-griffin-hd.jpghow can his rival still be in college? :hammerhead:

Sriracha
Damn it, I should go and make a lilgriffin name before this douche make one and annoy the hell out of us.

Jailblazers7
I can see who ISH's latest troll account is.

BankShot
03-29-2009, 04:29 PM
I was comparing them in terms of dominance. Men playing among boys. Making them look silly.

Except that Griffin has much more technique, skill, footwork, and fundamentals than Lebron.

Except that Lebron's dominating against men, and Griffin's dominating against boys. We'll wait and see how the 6'8" powerforward does against much bigger and much stronger competition.

unbreakable
03-29-2009, 04:29 PM
how can his rival still be in college? :hammerhead:

Is that all you got? Youre bringing that Power Ranger shlt here and it aint working. Im on that Mortal Kombat type stuff. You still on the monkey bars and Im in the gym playing ball with the older cats.
Get on my level.

Mdog1
03-29-2009, 04:30 PM
LeBron plays PF almost every game.

DukeDelonte13
03-29-2009, 04:30 PM
Is that all you got? Youre bringing that Power Ranger shlt here and it aint working. Im on that Mortal Kombat type stuff. You still on the monkey bars and Im in the gym playing ball with the older highschoolers.

Get on my level.

You must feel pretty cool balling with High School kids. Do they buy you cigarettes and wine coolers too?

unbreakable
03-29-2009, 04:31 PM
I can see who ISH's latest troll account is.

Youre the one that just said Lebron would dominate Griffin in the post. And you say Im a troll?

I think before I speak, youngster. You should try and do the same.

unbreakable
03-29-2009, 04:32 PM
LeBron plays PF almost every game.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Someone please. Dont make me set this guy straight. Anyone please please please. Im begging you. Please.

twolvesfan
lebron was dominating men when he was a boy, blake wasnt

BankShot
Youre the one that just said Lebron would dominate Griffin in the post. And you say Im a troll?

I think before I speak, youngster. You should try and do the same.

It's funny when our latest troll says "kid" and "youngster" when he acts like a f'n 14 year old.

lolwut
not true.

ummm

he's 5th in the country in rebounding

unbreakable
03-29-2009, 04:33 PM
You must feel pretty cool balling with High School kids. Do they buy you cigarettes and wine coolers too?

It was an analogy, kid. Poetry. Written prose. My posts have tiny dash of class and honesty. I understand if you dont get it. Youre not there yet. But keep studying, keep doing good and one day you will. One day.

Maniak
03-29-2009, 04:33 PM
I love how unbreakable never responded to my comment.

unbreakable
03-29-2009, 04:35 PM
It's funny when our latest troll says "kid" and "youngster" when he acts like a f'n 14 year old.

Forgive me if I seem childish at times. Some of you cats post like kids and have the basketball mind of a 4th grader, and in order for you to understand where Im coming from and understand The Truth, I stoop down to yalls level. My bad. Ill try to work on that. :cheers:

unbreakable
03-29-2009, 04:36 PM
I love how unbreakable never responded to my comment.

Sorry Maniak. You get lost in the shuffle sometimes. Youre like that quiet kid in the background that nobody pays attention to but once we're on the road driving we look in the backseat and youre not there and we're like "Where's Maniak?" Sorry.:cheers:

DukeDelonte13
03-29-2009, 04:37 PM
It was an analogy, kid. Poetry. Written prose. My posts have tiny dash of class and honesty. I understand if you dont get it. Youre not there yet. But keep studying, keep doing good and one day you will. One day.

I hope so because as of right now I just think you are a f*cking idiot who finds joy in irritating people. Maybe one day I will get the inner genius of your posts, but today im even having trouble finding a fraction of common sense in them.

by the way how can poetry be prose?

Lebron23
03-29-2009, 04:39 PM
Griffin is going to be a future NBA All Star, but it's premature to compare him to LeBron.

LeBron at the age of 19 yrs.old, and 4 months was averaging 27.2 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 7.2 apg, and 2.2 spg.

NBA > NCAA

Mr_Basketball#1
03-29-2009, 04:39 PM
Sorry Maniak. You get lost in the shuffle sometimes. Youre like that quiet kid in the background that nobody pays attention to but once we're on the road driving we look in the backseat and youre not there and we're like "Where's Maniak?" Sorry.:cheers:

utahjazzrock
03-29-2009, 04:40 PM
First we have to see if Griffin a Top 10 big guy-because not even that's a given. Probably, but not given
To already say he is/will be class of Lebron....
He has to surpass the likes of great but less great than Lebron big men like Amare, Bosh, Al Jeff. Im thinking this is the range of players Griffin will be with.

nbastatus
Not even close.
:oldlol:

unbreakable
Griffin is going to be a future NBA All Star, but it's premature to compare him to LeBron.

LeBron at the age of 19 yrs.old, and 4 months was averaging 27.2 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 7.2 apg, and 2.2 spg.

Youre 100% correct, Ricky Pierce. It is premature. However, Im known to jump the gun early. Im on that line ready to go.. yall still stretching, waving to the crowd, smiling for the cameras. Im ready for that gunshot.

Feel me?

nbastatus
03-29-2009, 04:41 PM
ummm

thats in college league.

Spudjjay
03-29-2009, 04:42 PM

So true.

Kebab Stall
03-29-2009, 04:42 PM
ummm

What? Blake Griffin is 1st in the country in rebounding with just over 14 per game.

TheGreatDeraj
03-29-2009, 04:47 PM
Don't dismiss Griffin's skill because he hasn't played in the NBA yet. LeBron wasn't a sure thing either. He could have been the next Darius Miles.

Sorry Maniak. You get lost in the shuffle sometimes. Youre like that quiet kid in the background that nobody pays attention to but once we're on the road driving we look in the backseat and youre not there and we're like "Where's Maniak?" Sorry.

I like you unbreakable; whether you're a troll or not. You have the balls to make an unique prediction based on absolutely nothing. In a few years, you might look like a genius... although this thread would have been better after Griffin destroys Hansborough and UNC tonight

unbreakable
03-29-2009, 04:48 PM
I like you unbreakable; whether you're a troll or not. You have the balls to make an unique prediction based on absolutely nothing. In a few years, you might look like a genius... although this thread would have been better after Griffin destroys Hansborough and UNC tonight

:cheers:

No trolling here. Just cleaned up my act, got my ish together, and finding myself as both a poster and a person.

1~Gibson~1
03-29-2009, 04:49 PM
Is that all you got? Youre bringing that Power Ranger shlt here and it aint working. Im on that Mortal Kombat type stuff. You still on the monkey bars and Im in the gym playing ball with the older cats.
Get on my level.no. but you didnt answer my question either. How can his rival still be in college?

hofe23
03-29-2009, 04:50 PM
blake griffin will not be as dominate as lebron james like lebron was so early. We dont even know when lebron is gonna stop getting better. Blake griffin will never be as good as lebron in my opinion.

unbreakable
03-29-2009, 04:52 PM
blake griffin will not be as dominate as lebron james like lebron was so early. We dont even know when lebron is gonna stop getting better. Blake griffin will never be as good as lebron in my opinion.

I value your opinion, but after seeing Blake Griffin's M.O. (main objective for you younger cats).. after seeing his M.O. this season .. his no excuse, no BS, just win the game attitude I have no doubt that he will dominate in the NBA.

oh the horror
03-29-2009, 04:55 PM
I'd really like to reserve my opinions on this kid, after Ive watched his impact in the NBA. Ive seen far too many people walk into the league, as the "next big thing" only to be a tremendous flop. Im skeptical, yet eager to see how it all pans out.

unbreakable
03-29-2009, 04:56 PM
I'd really like to reserve my opinions on this kid, after Ive watched his impact in the NBA. Ive seen far too many people walk into the league, as the "next big thing" only to be a tremendous flop. Im skeptical, yet eager to see how it all pans out.

A man who knows Im right, but doesnt want to join my side quite yet.. in fear that the masses will deem him a villain.

I understand. :cheers:

Mdog1
03-29-2009, 04:57 PM
I think griffen is the next Chris Kaman.

unbreakable
03-29-2009, 04:59 PM
I think griffen is the next Chris Kaman.

You just pulled your own plug, homie. Until now I wasnt quite sure if you were a decent poster or not, but you've just shown me you are complete garbage.

Have fun in the dumps. Say hello to the empty beer cans and dirty diapers for me. :oldlol:

Mdog1
03-29-2009, 05:05 PM
You just pulled your own plug, homie. Until now I wasnt quite sure if you were a decent poster or not, but you've just shown me you are complete garbage.

Have fun in the dumps. Say hello to the empty beer cans and dirty diapers for me. :oldlol:
Oh no a troll doesn't like me on an internet site:cry:

iTruWarrior
03-29-2009, 05:06 PM
This thread is a joke, Hopefully LeBron doesn't read this forum.

knickballer
03-29-2009, 05:06 PM
If anything Lebron is rivals with Wade it used to be Carmelo.

unbreakable
03-29-2009, 05:07 PM
Oh no a troll doesn't like me on an internet site:cry:

No I do like you. I just feel sorry for you. :oldlol:

iTruWarrior
03-29-2009, 05:08 PM
LeBron's only rival is Kobe Bryant and Dwyane Wade.

Blake Griffin being his rival = joke.

TheGreatDeraj
03-29-2009, 05:10 PM

If someone said this when Wade was coming out of college everyone would laugh as well. Don't dismiss skill before he gets a chance.

unbreakable
03-29-2009, 05:10 PM

Heard you the first time. Didnt really care to reply because nobody values your input, so why waste my time? But since you seem to repeat yourself like you're begging for attention I'll throw a post your way..

Kobe is almost done. He's on the downside of his career. Tippin 30. Wont be long before he's 33,34 35. Lebron is entering his prime. I can see how Wade is considered his rival, because they both put up great stats. But are they truly Rivals? Will we ever see them battling out year after year in the ECF? Doubt it. Heat are lucky to make the 2nd round this year while Lebron should be polishing his ECF trophy again.

bence23
03-29-2009, 05:35 PM

In the words of Jay Z ... "Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?"

Do you watch games or just highlight reels? Blake Griffin is a monster with footwork, poise, charm, hunger, and class. Amare has none of these characteristics.
HORRIBLE execution of a Hov quote.

**** outta here.:ohwell:

unbreakable
03-29-2009, 05:49 PM
HORRIBLE execution of a Hov quote.

Explain. That post was as solid as that knuckle on your forehead.

highwhey
03-29-2009, 05:59 PM

Why the **** did you a$ses have to bring in Amare into this? I don't care what Griffin does/did in college, Amare would kill the kid. 2-3 years into the league, Amare will still kill him. Get the point? Amare has hunger kid, he'll eat Griffin for breakfast. Class? Hunger? Obviously you're just another kid who talks out of his ass. Watch some games please, then feel free to form an opinion. College<<<<NBA.

BlazersDozen
03-29-2009, 06:10 PM
What makes Blake Griffin any different from Michael Beasley? Beasley put up more points and had basically the same stats as Griffin in college while also playing in the Big 12 when you compare Griffin's sophmore year to Beasley's frosh year but you look at Griffin's frosh year he put up 12 less points and MB's frosh year, three less boards, and one less block so to say that Griffin is going to be the new LeBron (while LeBron is just entering his prime years) is obsurd when he can't even do more than Beasley did in his frosh year. Lets see what Griffin does in the NBA and hopefully he gets drafted to a team with some insurance players at power forward in case he is another Beasley.

iTruWarrior
03-29-2009, 06:11 PM
Heard you the first time. Didnt really care to reply because nobody values your input, so why waste my time? But since you seem to repeat yourself like you're begging for attention I'll throw a post your way..

Kobe is almost done. He's on the downside of his career. Tippin 30. Wont be long before he's 33,34 35. Lebron is entering his prime. I can see how Wade is considered his rival, because they both put up great stats. But are they truly Rivals? Will we ever see them battling out year after year in the ECF? Doubt it. Heat are lucky to make the 2nd round this year while Lebron should be polishing his ECF trophy again.
Nobody is talking about Kobe, talk about insecurities.

Blake Griffin is no different than Michael Beasley.

Kebab Stall
03-29-2009, 06:17 PM
What makes Blake Griffin any different from Michael Beasley? Beasley put up more points and had basically the same stats as Griffin in college while also playing in the Big 12 when you compare Griffin's sophmore year to Beasley's frosh year but you look at Griffin's frosh year he put up 12 less points and MB's frosh year, three less boards, and one less block so to say that Griffin is going to be the new LeBron (while LeBron is just entering his prime years) is obsurd when he can't even do more than Beasley did in his frosh year. Lets see what Griffin does in the NBA and hopefully he gets drafted to a team with some insurance players at power forward in case he is another Beasley.
I see a completely different player when watching Griffin. He changes the game and just dominates it from start to finish, Beasley didn't do that. K-State only won, what, 20 games? Whereas Oklahoma has won 30 games this year and still have the chance to make it to the final four.

Beasley is also smaller and weaker then Griffin, who can not only over power and out muscle anyone he wants, but also use his speed and athleticism to go around and also over anyone he wants.

Younggrease
03-29-2009, 06:23 PM
Blake Griffin is no different than Michael Beasley.

except that he is much stronger and more athletic and actually finishes like a man on the block. Beasley gets muscled because he has a small frame with girly legs..I dont see many power forwards muscling Griffin.

BlazersDozen
03-29-2009, 06:31 PM
except that he is much stronger and more athletic and actually finishes like a man on the block. Beasley gets muscled because he has a small frame with girly legs..I dont see many power forwards muscling Griffin.

That's because Griffin is still playing against boys while Beasley is playing against men.

Younggrease
03-29-2009, 06:33 PM
That's because Griffin is still playing against boys while Beasley is playing against men.

Beasley never finished like that when he was in college...Beasley is not strong enough to dunk in traffic like Griffin does. I dont care who he is playing against.

BlazersDozen
03-29-2009, 06:41 PM
Beasley never finished like that when he was in college...Beasley is not strong enough to dunk in traffic like Griffin does. I dont care who he is playing against.

Maybe because that isn't Beasley's game. Beasley is a more perimeter oriented and finesse combo forward. This is like comparing Hakim Warrick or Travis Outlaw's game to Tim Duncan's.

This is like people saying Thabeet will come into the NBA and be better than a lot of centers when Thabeet will easily be pushed around in the league and it took a DaJuan Blair to put Thabeet on his ass for people to see that Thabeet will probably not dominate in the Association.

Dresta
03-29-2009, 06:45 PM
What a stupid thread, honestly i don't think Griffin will ever be a perennial all star, let alone dominate the league.

unbreakable
03-29-2009, 06:46 PM
There's so many sad individuals in this thread.. its almost comical.

Kebab Stall
03-29-2009, 06:48 PM
Maybe because that isn't Beasley's game. Beasley is a more perimeter oriented and finesse combo forward. This is like comparing Hakim Warrick or Travis Outlaw's game to Tim Duncan's.

This is like people saying Thabeet will come into the NBA and be better than a lot of centers when Thabeet will easily be pushed around in the league and it took a DaJuan Blair to put Thabeet on his ass for people to see that Thabeet will probably not dominate in the Association.
Aren't you the one who just said.....

What makes Blake Griffin any different from Michael Beasley?

Yet now you're saying that this is a bad comparison?

Younggrease
03-29-2009, 06:50 PM
[QUOTE=BlazersDozen]Maybe because that isn't Beasley's game. Beasley is a more perimeter oriented and finesse combo forward. This is like comparing Hakim Warrick or Travis Outlaw's game to Tim Duncan's.

QUOTE]

maybe that why my post was in response to "what makes Griffin different from Beasley?" My response was pointing out the differences...

niko
03-29-2009, 06:51 PM
Lebron is like 1,000 times Beasly, so if Griffin is better than Beasley, we have proved exactly what?

Go to CBS and check out Griffin today. He's clearly a talent and going to be a good young player, but he,s not that special level.

Dresta
03-29-2009, 06:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70ttB8P0lT4

yeah, Beasley's clearly weak and unathletic. Btw Beasley was one of the strongest players in the draft according to the combine results. Try posting things with some substance behind it rather then unjustifiable rubbish.

unbreakable
03-29-2009, 06:54 PM
Aren't you the one who just said.....

Yet now you're saying that this is a bad comparison?

:roll: :roll:

Ive been dealing with this crap throughout the entire thread. Welcome to my world. :cheers:

Younggrease
03-29-2009, 06:54 PM

yeah, Beasley's clearly weak and unathletic. Btw Beasley was one of the strongest players in the draft according to the combine results. Try posting things with some substance behind it rather then unjustifiable rubbish.
compared to Griffin, Beasley is WEAKER and less ATHLETIC...its is the truth. Im not comparing him to anyone other then Griffin.

and how much of that is in half court. Or in even outside of fastbrakes. Blake does his stuff on people and through people.

RaininThrees
03-29-2009, 06:56 PM

>50% of that video is Beasley dunking in warm-up.

Dresta
03-29-2009, 07:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY9ap2cDUb4

another, so what if some of it is in warmups, does that make it any less athletic? Players that rely on their athleticism do not translate well to the NBA (see Tyrus Thomas, Gerald Green and others). Beasley just has other weapons, but to say he isn't particularly athletic like some people do is just ludicrous.

unbreakable
03-29-2009, 07:07 PM
Beasley does not have the weapons Griffin has. Plain and simple.

Beasley is on that Jason Richardson type game. Griffin is on that Tim Duncan..feel me?

Younggrease
03-29-2009, 07:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY9ap2cDUb4

another, so what if some of it is in warmups, does that make it any less athletic? .

Its makes him less athletic then Blake Griffin who does his stuff in games on people in the half court.

hito da god
03-29-2009, 07:08 PM
:applause:

this, and bball IQ separate griffin from stoudemire.

unbreakable
03-29-2009, 07:09 PM

this, and bball IQ separate griffin from stoudemire.

Dresta
03-29-2009, 07:12 PM
Beasley does not have the weapons Griffin has. Plain and simple.

Beasley is on that Jason Richardson type game. Griffin is on that Tim Duncan..feel me?
No, Duncan plays nothing like Griffin, and probably dunks the ball less then Beasley even. Tyrus Thomas dunked on everyone in college, how has he turned out?

Dresta
03-29-2009, 07:17 PM
Its makes him less athletic then Blake Griffin who does his stuff in games on people in the half court.
I'm sorry, but athleticism has nothing to do with dunking on a load of people who are smaller then you.

Watch the dunk competition between Beasley and Griffin where Beasley is clearly the more fluid and better athlete.

hito da god
03-29-2009, 07:18 PM
I'm sorry, but athleticism has nothing to do with dunking on a load of people who are smaller then you.

Watch the dunk competition between Beasley and Griffin where Beasley is clearly the more fluid and better athlete.
didn't griffin win that dunk contest?

Younggrease
03-29-2009, 07:20 PM

Its not about so much the athletism its the strength and what is needed to play the power forward at the NBA level...Beasley doesnt have a position. He cant play defense in the NBA. He is too slow for 3s and to weak for 4s. He has a slight build so its unlikely that he will bulk up. Griffin is already a horse therefore he can play the small forward spot. Griffin takes good shots and finishes with authority around the baset where Beasley never could. He is just a tougher and better player.

Dresta
03-29-2009, 07:30 PM
didn't griffin win that dunk contest?
Yeah, because Beasley backrimmed his final dunk and got a 0 (which was of the backboard between the legs) his dunks were miles better, he would have won comfortably if he just did an average dunk on his last one.

Dresta
03-29-2009, 07:33 PM
Its not about so much the athletism its the strength and what is needed to play the power forward at the NBA level...Beasley doesnt have a position. He cant play defense in the NBA. He is too slow for 3s and to weak for 4s. He has a slight build so its unlikely that he will bulk up. Griffin is already a horse therefore he can play the small forward spot. Griffin takes good shots and finishes with authority around the baset where Beasley never could. He is just a tougher and better player.
I'll say this Beasley and Griffin both have got considerably stronger since the end of the last college season, but Beasley went into the NBA while Griffin remained in college, so it shows better. I mean what was Griffin doing last year 15 and 9? If Beasley stayed in college he'd probably be averaging 30/15. Your forgetting he was 26/12 in just 30 mpg as a freshman.

Younggrease
03-29-2009, 07:35 PM
I'll say this Beasley and Griffin both have got considerably stronger since the end of the last college season, but Beasley went into the NBA while Griffin remained in college, so it shows better. I mean what was Griffin doing last year 15 and 9? If Beasley stayed in college he'd probably be averaging 30/15. Your forgetting he was 26/12 in just 30 mpg as a freshman.

it has nothing to do with numbers and more with skill sets. Beasley is no where near as strong as Blake Griffin. Beasly is not even strong by NBA standards.

GiveItToBurrito
03-29-2009, 08:20 PM
it has nothing to do with numbers and more with skill sets. Beasley is no where near as strong as Blake Griffin. Beasly is not even strong by NBA standards.

Agreed. How many poserizations and jaw-dropping dunks has Beasley had, and how many has Griffin had? They're both good, but it's like comparing Antawn Jamison to Boozer.

Godfather
03-29-2009, 08:57 PM
They play different positions. They have different playing styles. The OP wasn't serious.

Also Blake Griffen is the most NBA ready prospect since Carmelo Anthony.

His playing style, toughness, drive, and overall potential will make him a staple in the NBA for years to come.

AznTacoLover
03-29-2009, 09:00 PM
I'm not saying anything. into Blake plays with the big boys.

InfiniteBaskets
03-29-2009, 10:21 PM
The comparison with Blake and Beasley is bad. And then the comparison of LeBron James to Blake Griffin is just downright horrible.

Griffin will never be able to attain the athletic ability of LeBron James. On top of that, Griffin has no play-making skills whatsoever.

As for comparing Beasley with Blake, maybe Blake is more athletic than Beasley but that doesn't make him a better player. Bill Walker from the Celts probably jumps higher than Beasley, but that doesn't make Walker any better.

If Blake is more talented and a better player than Beasley, why did Beasley clearly out-perform Blake last year as freshmen? There's no doubt Beasley would've dropped similar to better numbers as a sophomore had he stayed in college.

Either way, Blake has not earned anything yet to be praised on an NBA level. Saying Blake will fare better than Amare, Beasley, or LeBron in the NBA is silly.

unbreakable
03-29-2009, 10:55 PM
Damn you kids have serious problems with assumptions. Nobody ever said Griffin and James have similar playing styles. I compared their dominance.

Bird and Magic played nothing alike, but they both dominated and had a huge rivalry. That is what I see happening with Griffin and James. Feel me? Or should I break it down even further for you amateurs?

unbreakable
03-29-2009, 10:56 PM
Either way, Blake has not earned anything yet to be praised on an NBA level. Saying Blake will fare better than Amare, Beasley, or LeBron in the NBA is silly.

The only thing silly in this thread are the elementary posters like you.

Would anyone consider it silly to say Duncan would be better then Karl effin Malone while he was at Wake Forest? Of course! But guess what? It happened.

Im calling it on Griffin. If Im wrong, Im wrong. But if Im right.....

:pimp:

Mdog1
03-29-2009, 11:00 PM
Blake Griffen is going to be no better than Kaman on the next level. He will be always injured.

unbreakable
03-29-2009, 11:08 PM
Blake Griffen is going to be no better than Kaman on the next level. He will be always injured.

:wtf:

thejumpa
03-29-2009, 11:08 PM
Damn you kids have serious problems with assumptions. Nobody ever said Griffin and James have similar playing styles. I compared their dominance.

Bird and Magic played nothing alike, but they both dominated and had a huge rivalry. That is what I see happening with Griffin and James. Feel me? Or should I break it down even further for you amateurs?

I see what your saying but it just doesn't make too much sense....

IF, and that's a big if, Griffin can continue his dominance and play in the NBA, then yeah, he's going to be a force for sure. But why would you think its going to be Blake Griffin's league? Where is he going to go? Clippers? Thunder? He will make the teams good but I just don't see him making as big an impact as Lebron(I know you didn't say this but I wanted to say it anyway). Why would you think that there is going to be a Blake Griffin/Lebron James rivalry? That "rivalry" will go right where the James/Carmelo rivalry did......up in smoke real fast.

I think Griffin is a beast but, as we all know, its a big difference college/high school to the NBA. He's dominating a bunch of cats that are his age and younger who don't play the **** for a living. Its going to be interesting to see how he does but I don't see him making an impact just yet. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. The difference is this.....Lebron dominated kids in high school and made the transition perfectly and then some. I'm not sure if Griffin can do that.....again I could be wrong.

utahjazzrock
03-29-2009, 11:09 PM
A little harsh eh?
I dont think he'll be the next Greg oden.
Top pick bust taken away due to injuries.
I think he will be ranked and play similarly to maybe Bosh, Amare or Jefferson.

Btw, I hit open layups!!!:rockon:

unbreakable
03-29-2009, 11:13 PM
I see what your saying but it just doesn't make too much sense....

IF, and that's a big if, Griffin can continue his dominance and play in the NBA, then yeah, he's going to be a force for sure. But why would you think its going to be Blake Griffin's league? Where is he going to go? Clippers? Thunder? He will make the teams good but I just don't see him making as big an impact as Lebron(I know you didn't say this but I wanted to say it anyway). Why would you think that there is going to be a Blake Griffin/Lebron James rivalry? That "rivalry" will go right where the James/Carmelo rivalry did......up in smoke real fast.

Good post but you lost it when you compared Griffin to Carmelo. Blake Griffin is on another level mentally. He has the focus and charisma that Melo could only dream of.

People really underrate the mental part of the game. But ask any NBA legend.. its one of the most important pieces of the package.

utahjazzrock
03-29-2009, 11:19 PM
Good post but you lost it when you compared Griffin to Carmelo. Blake Griffin is on another level mentally. He has the focus and charisma that Melo could only dream of.

People really underrate the mental part of the game. But ask any NBA legend.. its one of the most important pieces of the package.
He didnt compare Griffin to Melo.
He said Griffin-Lebron comparison would be like Melo-Lebron comparison.
Will fade quickly.

unbreakable
03-29-2009, 11:20 PM
He didnt compare Griffin to Melo.
He said Griffin-Lebron comparison would be like Melo-Lebron comparison.
Will fade quickly.

Why would it fade if Griffin is a hardworker? Melo aint a hardworker and thats exactly why it faded. Melo is content. I dont see that complacency in Griffin.. not at all.

utahjazzrock
03-29-2009, 11:24 PM
No.
Im not the one that said the rivalry will fade.
You said he was comparing Griffin to Melo.
I was just correcting you by saying he was saying the Griffin/Lebron rivalry wouldn't last.
However, I think I may agree with him. We'll see though. i think it would be more appropriate to see if Howard gets rivalry w/ Griffin instead as top big man.

thejumpa
03-29-2009, 11:43 PM
Yeah....I'm not comparing Griffin and Carmelo at all. I'm saying your supposed rivalry will be much like theres....nothing.

Yeah you may see Carmelo as not a hardworker...but the fact is he puts up All-Star numbers and, along with Chauncey Billups and the surrounding cast, helps his team win. He's had his share of troubles and whatnot....bad attitudes, costly mistakes,etc...but I can't say that him not being a hard worker made his rivalry with James fade away. IMO the arrival and departure of a couple stars combined with the fact that James gets the best of Carmelo most of the time and is a obviously a way better player made the rivalry fade....not his knack for slacking off

Griffin is going to be a good player....not sure about a dominating All-Star as you suggest, but a good player. When people think of rivalries nowadays its Lebron/Kobe.....Lebron/CP3(I've heard this from time to time)....and Deron/CP3. For some reason, I can't see Griffin/Lebron just yet. I mean, nobody has even compared them like that....

emsteez forreal
03-29-2009, 11:49 PM
http://warehouse6.com/jpgs/successful_troll.jpg

shawbryant
03-29-2009, 11:58 PM
http://www.v-twinforum.com/gallery/data/503/1555threadsucks.gif

A.M.G.
03-30-2009, 02:02 AM
Physically they are similar. Legit 6'8, 250+ pounds of muscle, but with outstanding athleticism and leaping ability. Both have long arms and great hands. Both are capable of throwing it down hard in traffic. Both could have made very nice livings as NFL players if they were a few inches shorter.

But as basketball players, they are very different, and the differences favour Lebron... heavily. Lebron can play and defend every position in the NBA, except maybe center. Blake will be limited to primarily playing PF, with some minutes at C. Maybe some SF.

Lebron can do everything, at his size and with his athleticism, he can handle, pass, shoot (has improved, will continue to), drive, rebound, block shots, defend. The only thing he rarely does that he should is post up. Blake can drive, post up, and rebound very well, but doesn't have those guard skills, and will struggle defending tall, fast, skilled NBA big men due to his height (I highly doubt he is 6'10).

Lebron has much, much, MUCH more coordination and skill than Blake Griffin will ever have. Lebron is like a super-athletic Magic Johnson, but with less skill and intelligence. Blake is like a super-athletic Carlos Boozer, but with better character and without the mid-range jumpshot.

DuMa
03-30-2009, 02:07 AM
im suprised it came this late for someone to overhype griffin already.

Thunderstruck
03-30-2009, 02:24 AM
It's amazing how obviously little of Blake Griffin most of you who posted in this thread have seen. Freakin clueless.

nompton
03-30-2009, 05:39 AM
srsly all Griffin can do is dunk, he'll be a bust.

JtotheIzzo
03-30-2009, 05:43 AM

Youre welcome.

can we ban this troll?

Hotlantadude81
03-30-2009, 06:03 AM

Youre welcome.

That guy is going to be Lebron's rival?

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

fefe
03-30-2009, 06:26 AM
Lebron James was the sure nr1 pick from one of the best draft classes ever.

Griffin is the probable nr1 pick from probably one of the worst draft classes ever.

LeBron will be in the HOF, Griffin will be lucky to make an NBA all-star team.

Griffin has a lots of flows on the NBA level.
he is 6'8" max without shoes.
he is undersized for the NBA PF position, just like Beasley.
He is stronger and more athletic than Beasley, but doesn't have his soft touch and finesse game.

We will see how he will do, but right now there is no proof that he will be any better than K-Mart. (who is also strong and athletic, but a bit undersized, and he was also a nr1 pick in a similarly weak draft)

gibbo3000
03-30-2009, 07:46 AM
say what you want about this prediction being premature and him needing to prove himself before he can be hyped

but blake grithin and lebron james have one thing in common;

they have the most NBA ready bodies of any player coming into the draft in the last 15 years

Blake Grithin is a bull.
His athleticism and strength aren't the question here
he could walk onto an NBA court right now and overpower just about every starting power forward in the NBA physically, and he's pretty quick as well so he's not going to get blown by by the smaller ones

Its more a question of his skills and how they develop, which comes down to his attitude/willingness to learn, which seems really good

give him a good offseason on an NBA roster (and if he's on the right team) I see him averaging 20ppg 12 rebs as a rookie, which puts him up there as one of the better bigs in the league

Lebron23
03-30-2009, 08:28 AM
give him a good offseason on an NBA roster (and if he's on the right team) I see him averaging 20ppg 12 rebs as a rookie, which puts him up there as one of the better bigs in the league

Tim Duncan was the last NBA PF that averaged 20-10 in his Rookie Season. Griffin will be a great player in the NBA, but right now he's no better than Al Jefferson or Kevin Durant.

Kebab Stall
03-30-2009, 08:35 AM
say what you want about this prediction being premature and him needing to prove himself before he can be hyped

but blake grithin and lebron james have one thing in common;

they have the most NBA ready bodies of any player coming into the draft in the last 15 years

Blake Grithin is a bull.
His athleticism and strength aren't the question here
he could walk onto an NBA court right now and overpower just about every starting power forward in the NBA physically, and he's pretty quick as well so he's not going to get blown by by the smaller ones

Its more a question of his skills and how they develop, which comes down to his attitude/willingness to learn, which seems really good

He's only getting 22 points at the college level. There's no way he's going to put up 20 ppg in the NBA in his rookie year. I see him getting around 14-16, at best, providing he goes to a team that will use him right away.

Rebounding wise, he'll be fine, he should be able to get 8 or so boards per game in the pros from the start. He's great at going and getting the ball, since he is so strong and has great athleticism, and he's great at keeping hlod of the ball once he's got it, due to his great strength.

gibbo3000
03-30-2009, 08:37 AM
Tim Duncan was the last NBA PF that averaged 20-10 in his Rookie Season. Griffin will be a great player in the NBA, but right now he's no better than Al Jefferson or Kevin Durant.

that 20 and 12 is refering to the ideal team
I was thinking in a situation similar to Jefferson,
for example the kings or thunder, he would get a lot of boards and points in the post on those teams

but if he goes to the grizzlies or the wizards he would probably only get about 10-15 points per game, but a lot boards

I think the worst case could be the Clippers, that would just drive me crazy, I'd predict 13 and 8

Kevin Love is averaging 15 and 9 over the last month, since starting in jeffersons place and I think that Grithin is more physically ready for the NBA than Love was

Automajic23
03-30-2009, 10:13 AM
Griffins a monster, but just watching OU get owned by UNC last night showed me; griffin doesn't have good vision over doubleteams, everytime he got double teamed he made a poor pass back to a teammate allowing UNC to get right back on D, or it became a turnover or a poor shot.

He did not create dimes off the double teams put on him, AT ALL.

He also didn't really defend the paint, he put his hands straight up and avoided fouling, but he did not make much effort to stop floaters and easy lay ins.

Griffin can board, the dude had 9 boards in the 1st half vs UNC. None of them were easy.

When this guy gets the ball on the block 1on1, he is a beast. When he gets o-boards in the paint, he's almost always putting it back in.

I saw very little/no dribbling from blake; handles?

No midrange? He only took a couple shots.

This is just my take on 1 game. He looks nasty for sure, has lebrons size and athleticism. But the skillsets? Nah, not yet at least

gibbo3000
03-30-2009, 10:35 AM
Griffins a monster, but just watching OU get owned by UNC last night showed me; griffin doesn't have good vision over doubleteams, everytime he got double teamed he made a poor pass back to a teammate allowing UNC to get right back on D, or it became a turnover or a poor shot.

He also didn't really defend the paint, he put his hands straight up and avoided fouling, but he did not make much effort to stop floaters and easy lay ins.

Griffin can board, the dude had 9 boards in the 1st half vs UNC. None of them were easy.

When this guy gets the ball on the block 1on1, he is a beast. When he gets o-boards in the paint, he's almost always putting it back in.

This is just my take on 1 game. He looks nasty for sure, has lebrons size and athleticism. But the skillsets? Nah, not yet at least

Yeah

PoGoMon
03-30-2009, 10:41 AM
Who's Blake Griffin?

Until he makes an impact in the big boy show he can't compare to Lebron.

TRUE! I want to see what he does in the NBA before I even consider him to be on the same train as LBJ.:cheers:

Kebab Stall
03-30-2009, 10:44 AM

In the first 10 minutes of the game, UNC double teamed Griffin as soon as he touched the ball and harrassed him. His turnovers were from very good defense from UNC. Also, his teammates were not hitting a damn thing, what did they have 1 made 3 pointer all game?

An early foul in a big game will throw most people off, especially a college player only in his sophmore year. He didn't want that second foul, so he really held back on defense. Though there was no excuse for the offensive rebound that Green caught between both Blake and Taylor Griffin.

Like I said earlier, he's got great strength and athleticism to get the rebound and then he's got enough strength and tenancity to hold on to it and not let anyone get at it.

He's better at facing up than he is with his back to the basket. He's too strong, fast and athletic not to be facing up. Though he has got great size and strength to have his back to the basket, he just needs to refine that part of his game.

He brought the ball up court a couple of times and he rarely looses the ball when he's driving in, either by getting stripped or losing the dribble.

He didn't really demonstrate it last night, but again, his size and strength allow him to just go through and over anyone he wants, so he's going to take to the rim all the time at the college level. In the NBA, that won't work as well, he will have to develop a nice jumper.

Agreed. He's got the size, the strength, the athleticism, the right attitude and he works extremely hard, but skill wise, he's still got a lot to improve.

gibbo3000
03-30-2009, 10:51 AM
I can really see him having a similar career to Karl Malone
It would be great to see him playing with a good point guard early in his career as well, so he can get more points off someone else's play, then develop a nice jump shot over his career and turn into the total package as a power forward when his athleticism wears out a bit

Westbrook
Durant
Green
Grithin
Shot Blocking centre

Would actually be a scary good team in a few years

visirale
03-30-2009, 11:34 AM
Griffin is good, I will give him that.

But he is not even close to Lebron. Even though they had the required college experience for Griffin and not Lebron, Griffin has still taken 2 seasons in college to develop his game. Lebron was developing his talent against NBA stars from day one. It's easy to be a star in college (well, relatively speaking, for great athletes and gifted basketball players) but they become the "normal guys" in the NBA. It takes a true superstar to receive star status in the NBA.

I will withhold my judgment of Griffin until he has a season in the NBA under his belt. However, immediately comparing him to LBJ is stupid.

Automajic23
03-30-2009, 12:10 PM
I think if you give griffin a nasty PG, he will put up sick numbers right away.

darabzarrabi
03-30-2009, 12:20 PM

Just cuz he's the 2nd largest guy on the court, that does not make him a PF

Are you serious when you ask questions? Or just asking them to keep the conversation going? Kinda like me when Im on the phone with my girl. No real intellectual input, just stuff to keep her going and happy. :oldlol:

Lebron plays PF when the Cavs go small from time to time...Lebron and Griffin aren't even close, Beasely dominated the college game last year and he hasn't amounted to very much this year

iggy>
03-30-2009, 01:06 PM

then why are u comparing two totally different players? :confusedshrug:

Y2Gezee
03-30-2009, 01:16 PM
Truth be told, this guy could stand to stay in college a year or 2 longer and learn to expand his game. Get a face up game and a jumper.

I guess he COULD learn that in the Association, but I don't expect much from him his first 2 years or so. He's not gonna be overpowering in the NBA. He's sorta like a more compact young Amare Stoudemire who could only finish around the rim.

unbreakable
03-30-2009, 01:56 PM
The comparisons to Amare need to stop. Now.

Amare is Steve Francis. Blake Griffin is Deron Williams/Kidd/KJ/Isiah.. dude has that legendary-ness about him. Feel me?

Automajic23
03-30-2009, 02:03 PM

Amare is Steve Francis. Blake Griffin is Deron Williams/Kidd/KJ/Isiah.. dude has that legendary-ness about him. Feel me?

I think he's being compared to amare because of his athleticism around the paint on offense but his poor defense?

I think Griffin will be bigger than amare, I also think Griffin should stay in college another year and polish up his game first

unbreakable
03-30-2009, 02:05 PM
Griffin's game is fine. Have you not seen his footwork? Finesse? Fundamentals? The guy is a ballplayer. Period.

Once again, will someone that actually watches basketball disagree with me? Im tired of these highlight reel fans coming in thinking that all Griffin can do is dunk.

Smarten up.

Automajic23
03-30-2009, 02:23 PM
Griffin's game is fine. Have you not seen his footwork? Finesse? Fundamentals? The guy is a ballplayer. Period.

Once again, will someone that actually watches basketball disagree with me? Im tired of these highlight reel fans coming in thinking that all Griffin can do is dunk.

Smarten up.

he's a beast, but i have to use the UNC vs OU game as a strong argument for how he would fare against "NBA" bodies.
When Hansbrough was on the floor in the 1st half, 0 pts for Griffin. Now also note that UNC had planned very well doubleteaming Griffin and shutting him down.
With Hansbrough on the bench in foul trouble, Griffin all of a sudden scores 11pts.

He is no doubt a presence within 15 feet of the cup. He does such a good job of getting to the cup and is so strong, but he needs to be better with the ball against good double teams. I can't take away from UNC cuz their defense is NASTY, and Griffins outside shooters were horrid, esp from the 3.

Griffin needs to have a bigger impact on D and in the paint, and I'm not just talking about rebounds and points. He is a double double machine, but pts and rebs dont always tell the story

Younggrease
03-30-2009, 03:09 PM
Truth be told, this guy could stand to stay in college a year or 2 longer and learn to expand his game. Get a face up game and a jumper.

I guess he COULD learn that in the Association, but I don't expect much from him his first 2 years or so. He's not gonna be overpowering in the NBA. He's sorta like a more compact young Amare Stoudemire who could only finish around the rim.

This is false...completely false.It would be hard for Blake to expand his game much more in college because everytime he shot a jumper he would be giving up a easy layup by not going by his man. That not a good way to play. Blake has gotten enough from college.

thejumpa
03-30-2009, 03:21 PM

Amare is Steve Francis? how? you wanna talk about a beast. Dude started playing ball at 14 and was in the NBA at 18. ****, its debatable on whether or not he would have a ring right now if it weren't for that bogus suspension against the Spurs a couple seasons back...

But where you REALLY lost as is comparing Blake Griffin(a good college player who hasn't done **** in the NBA yet...) to Deron Williams or Jason Kidd......or even HOF Isiah Thomas:no: . I usually don't just go in on peoples opinions but, you can't throw stuff like that out there and expect to be taken serious. Jason Kidd is not Williams,Isiah,Kidd, or Lebron. Right about now he's Kwame Brown. He has crazy potential but hasn't done ****.....can we leave it at that? Feel me.....

John Smith
03-30-2009, 04:34 PM
Blake Griffin = Sean May

lefthook00
03-30-2009, 05:00 PM
Get real, Griffen would get crossed up and posterized SO NASTY by LBJ.

That being said, Griffen is a BEAST and will do well in the NBA.

gibbo3000
03-30-2009, 10:23 PM
Blake Griffin = Sean May
Are you serious?
You obviously havent seen either of them play in college
May is overweight and sluggish and really has a poor attitude
Grithin is aggresive and very athletic

I do see what unbreakable is saying about steve francis and amare, but that is a bit insulting to amare as Francis has died off lately
But Amare seems a bit immature and unfocused on the court, like francis did

whereas Grithin has that Brandon Roy/Deron Williams type attitude where you can just look at him and know he's good, he has a presence on the court

Y2Gezee
03-31-2009, 12:49 AM
This is false...completely false.It would be hard for Blake to expand his game much more in college because everytime he shot a jumper he would be giving up a easy layup by not going by his man. That not a good way to play. Blake has gotten enough from college.

Its not false...completely false. Fact is his face up game doesn't look so dangerous in the league, and really his post game doesn't either and he has no jumper. And considering he's not exactly 7ft 270, he'll most likely need to be more effective away from the basket to be a real force early in the NBA. Meaning he still needs to develop his game. And considering its usually easier for guys to develop in the teaching environment of college he damn sure hasn't gotten all he can from college.

He's probably not big enough to post up PFs in the pros, or some bigger SFs. Doesn't exactly have amazing footwork in the post. And while he has a good first step, basically his ball handling consists of 1 dribble and his athleticism towards the rim. He's a bit of a tweener that could use work in multiple aspects of being a SF (which is probably what he should be) or develop multiple aspects in being a PF.

nompton
03-31-2009, 01:55 AM
there are too many ignorant people in this thread to count.

thejumpa
03-31-2009, 03:48 AM
there are too many ignorant people in this thread to count.

Ignorant to what? To the fact that there will be a supposed "rivalry" between Griffin and James? Or to the fact that Griffin will be some instant star in the NBA:confusedshrug:

I mean, I like the guy's play and all but.......the guy above you is absolutely on the money. How is Griffin gonna do against Duncan? KG,West,Wallace,Dirk,Boozer,Jamison,Amare,etc....t he list goes on. Everyone has to adjust to the NBA, whether it is from High School or College. The thing is, I don't see how Blake Griffin is any different from the countless other stars in college but took a little bit of time to adjust to the NBA. Like I said, if he comes out and destroys guys out there....then I'm wrong. But to say its his league, hes gonna do this and that....or to even compare him to Lebron is worthless. There will be no rivalry...just him getting dunked on if he's in the lane when Lebron comes flying down:roll:

Thunderstruck
03-31-2009, 04:35 AM
Its not false...completely false. Fact is his face up game doesn't look so dangerous in the league, and really his post game doesn't either and he has no jumper. And considering he's not exactly 7ft 270, he'll most likely need to be more effective away from the basket to be a real force early in the NBA. Meaning he still needs to develop his game. And considering its usually easier for guys to develop in the teaching environment of college he damn sure hasn't gotten all he can from college.

He's probably not big enough to post up PFs in the pros, or some bigger SFs. Doesn't exactly have amazing footwork in the post. And while he has a good first step, basically his ball handling consists of 1 dribble and his athleticism towards the rim. He's a bit of a tweener that could use work in multiple aspects of being a SF (which is probably what he should be) or develop multiple aspects in being a PF.

You're completely uninformed. Almost all of this stuff you posted is fabricated garbage.

fact is his face up game doesn't look so dangerous in the league, and really his post game doesn't either and he has no jumper.

You either have seen very little of Blake Griffin or you're a terrible scout. I'm assuming it's the former as it seems most people posting in this thread have seen only a hand full of his games at best. His face up game is very good. He has great ability to take the ball to the bucket from mid range and is very explosive to the basket. His post game is unrivaled in college basketball. He's seen double teams every game for two years and still managed to be one of the nation's best scorers. He also has some of the best footwork under the basket I have ever seen in college ball.

And considering he's not exactly 7ft 270, he'll most likely need to be more effective away from the basket to be a real force early in the NBA. He's probably not big enough to post up PFs in the pros, or some bigger SFs.

Since when did you have to be 7 feet tall to be effective under the basket? He's also listed at 6'10" 260 Lbs. Explain to me how that is undersized for a power forward? If you tell me he's really 6'7" I will laugh at you. I have stood beside him and he is at least 6'9". The man is a physical beast and you calling him a tweener is laughable.

And while he has a good first step, basically his ball handling consists of 1 dribble and his athleticism towards the rim. He's a bit of a tweener that could use work in multiple aspects of being a SF (which is probably what he should be) or develop multiple aspects in being a PF.

You really haven't seen him play if you think his ball handling consists of one dribble. He brings the ball up the court on his own several times a game and there aren't many people his size anywhere who have his handles. I haven't seen many 6'10 260 Lbs basketball players who can do this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q56IoNtgCfs

The only correct thing you said out of all the bull crap you posted was that he is not a good outside shooter. Congrats...

The scouts know he is a special player and he will prove to be one of the best power forwards in the NBA in time. He just broke Hakeem Olajuwan's record for most rebounds in a single season and will be a dominant rebounder from day 1 in the NBA. Offensively, his post game is already refined and his ability to get get down the court on a fast break will lead to easy pts. His offensive game will come, but his defense might need some work. He is a very smart defender and rarely fouled out this year, but he isn't the most aggressive defender and will need to be more physical with the guys he will go up against in the NBA.

joma11
03-31-2009, 04:41 AM

Why can't bron play PF or C?
Ben Wallace has no post up game but plays PF or C.

Lebron23
03-31-2009, 04:44 AM
LeBron played the PF Position in the 2008 Beijing, Olympics, and please don't overrate Griffin because Beasley puts up better numbers in the NCAA last season.

I also remember last year that everyone was saying that Beasley is going to be better than Durant, but so far this season Beasley has proven that he is not in the same league as Kevin Durant.

And by the way Beasley was also listed at 6'10" in College, but he was measured at 6'7" in the 2009 NBA Pre Draft Camp.

The only good thing about Beasley's Rookie Season is the kid will gain some playoffs experience, and I still believe that he's going to improve his game in his Sophomore Season because he just turned 20 yrs.old.

Thunderstruck
03-31-2009, 04:52 AM
LeBron played the PF Position in the 2008 Beijing, Olympics, and please don't overrate Griffin because Beasley puts up better numbers in the NCAA last season.

I also remember last year that everyone was saying that Beasley is going to be better than Durant, but so far this season Beasley has proven that he is not in the same caliber as Kevin Durant.

What does Michael Beasley have to do with Blake Griffin? When you all explain this one to me I might buy that argument.

Dresta
03-31-2009, 06:26 AM

I also remember last year that everyone was saying that Beasley is going to be better than Durant, but so far this season Beasley has proven that he is not in the same league as Kevin Durant.

And by the way Beasley was also listed at 6'10" in College, but he was measured at 6'7" in the 2009 NBA Pre Draft Camp.

The only good thing about Beasley's Rookie Season is the kid will gain some playoffs experience, and I still believe that he's going to improve his game in his Sophomore Season because he just turned 20 yrs.old.
Honestly, Beasley's rookie season hasn't been much worse then Durant's was at all. He's just playing in a team that has something to play for. If he was allowed to chuck up shots like Durant was, there's little doubt he would be putting up 20 and 8.

Dresta
03-31-2009, 06:29 AM
What does Michael Beasley have to do with Blake Griffin? When you all explain this one to me I might buy that argument.
A lot considering he greatly outperformed Griffin as a freshman, yet some people seem to think Griffin is going to be an instant star despite having a less refined game then Beasley.

niko
03-31-2009, 08:34 AM
I'm sorry, do you people really watch the games or do you just speak out of your ass? Griffin looks like a tons better prospect than Beasley. You don't even need to watch him to see it, look at that body. Dude is a BEAST. He has a very refined post game, he just doesn't have the pass out of the doubles down yet, and he needs to add about 3 feet to his jump shot. He is an NBA starter quality already just to his rebounding and game around the basket. He looks like someone who is almost a lock to be a special player. I think because this thread is so stupid (Lebron vs. Griffin?) that it turned into Griffin bashing. He also is not lost like Beasly is. Beasley wants to be a star and seems to hink he already was when he got to the pros. Griffin has a much better head on his shoulder.

Is he going to dominate from day 1? No. But he has the tools 100% to be an nba all star for years to come. At this point next year, I'm almost 100% sure Griffin will be closer to a star than Beasley will.

niko
03-31-2009, 08:37 AM

are you just looking at stats because Griffin in college looks a ton better than Beasley in college. Beasley looked like a really talented kid who needed to get his head on a bit better. Griffin looks like a physical beast who mentally is already where he needs to be - he just needs to keep going. I never remember seeing Beasley and thinking WOW. Griffin, all the time.

Dresta
03-31-2009, 10:19 AM
I'm sorry, but 'wow' factor has little to do with being a quality nba player. When you watched Tyrus Thomas in college you thought 'wow'. That is not a good argument for why Griffin will be better then Beasley.

Dresta
03-31-2009, 03:03 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9394210/Does-OU's-Griffin-have-goods-for-NBA-stardom?

Sounds like a star in the making :/.

unbreakable
03-31-2009, 03:08 PM
Dresta, first you say Griffin aint as polished as Beasley which is completely wrong.. then you compare him to Tyrus effin Thomas?

You just flatlined in this discussion.
beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Younggrease
03-31-2009, 03:12 PM

then explain to me how does he devlop a jumper in college when him taking a jumper will always be a bad shot in that situation....he can always get a better shot for himself or a teammate.

He already has good footwork and from what I see he can shoot as well. He just hasnt needed to show it off. People dont really know what good footwork it...but Blake takes the right angles in the post, understands how to untilze his pivot feet and has a solid jab step game. I think the only way to take his game to the next level is in the NBA. The guys in college are too bad and he is always gonna get doubled and tripled ever game and that isnt the way to get better.

Dresta
03-31-2009, 03:20 PM
Dresta, first you say Griffin aint as polished as Beasley which is completely wrong.. then you compare him to Tyrus effin Thomas?

You just flatlined in this discussion.
beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

In what world is Griffin a more versatile or complete offensive player then Beasley. Even his defense is considerably worse. And I wasn't comparing him to Tyrus, everyone was saying how he was gonna dominate in the nba because he dunks on everyone in college, well Tyrus Thomas did that, so it doesn't mean ****.

Younggrease
03-31-2009, 03:26 PM
In what world is Griffin a more versatile or complete offensive player then Beasley. Even his defense is considerably worse. And I wasn't comparing him to Tyrus, everyone was saying how he was gonna dominate in the nba because he dunks on everyone in college, well Tyrus Thomas did that, so it doesn't mean ****.

you dont see how Blake gets his dunks compared to Tyrus. You didnt see the issues in Beasleys game in college. Beasley just isnt a powerforward. Yes Griffin isnt more versatile, Griffin is just better at what he does. Beasley had issues finisingf against bigger players in college. Griffin has no issues with this, he is able to elevate and finish hard from almost anywhere near the basket. Its not just flash it shows he big and strong enough to go up through contact and finish hard. Tyrus is too skinny and never had a post game which makes any comparison irrelevant. Beasley is too weak and cant finish like Blake plus he has a bad head on his shoulder and makes horrible rotations on defense. Beasley would be better off at small forward modeling his game after melo because he isnt a big man.

twolvesfan
03-31-2009, 03:32 PM
blake also isnt known for his defense, although anyone can change it around nothing is certain

edit: yes i am a huge blake griffen fan in case people think i am a hater

niko
03-31-2009, 03:50 PM
I'm sorry, but 'wow' factor has little to do with being a quality nba player. When you watched Tyrus Thomas in college you thought 'wow'. That is not a good argument for why Griffin will be better then Beasley.

I at no point thought Tyrus would be a great pro either, or Beasley. But clearly both look like they have potential. WOW, is not a great play. My WOW is apparently more mature than yours. WOW is HOLY CRAP THIS GUY IS GOING TO GREAT. :confusedshrug:

This is one of those things that doesn't even really need to be argued. Any of you who want to think Beasley and Griffin are these comparable level prospects coming out, feel free. It's just not true, and it's more telling to the level that you are paying attention to the college game than me not being able to PROVE something.

I can't PROVE Griffin will be better than Beasely. But anyone not blind can see its pretty damn likely.

unbreakable
03-31-2009, 03:51 PM
This is one of those things that doesn't even really need to be argued. Any of you who want to think Beasley and Griffin are these comparable level prospects coming out, feel free. It's just not true, and it's more telling to the level that you are paying attention to the college game than me not being able to PROVE something.

I can't PROVE Griffin will be better than Beasely. But anyone not blind can see its pretty damn likely.

Thunderstruck
03-31-2009, 03:54 PM
A lot considering he greatly outperformed Griffin as a freshman, yet some people seem to think Griffin is going to be an instant star despite having a less refined game then Beasley.

Doesn't mean anything. Beasley was better than Griffin when they were freshman. Griffin worked his ass off in the offseason, got stronger and more explosive, and improved dramatically. I still think Beasley will be a good player when he pulls his head out of his ass, but Griffin's work ethic and maturity destroys Beasley right now. Again, this comparison is ludicrous. This, "Beasely was undersized when he got to the the draft camps so Griffin will be too" or "Beasley was a bust his rookie year so Griffin will be too" stuff is complete nonsense. They are two different players with two different sets of skills. It's not your fault that they don't play much OU basketball where some of you are, but please bring something more relevant with your Griffin hating besides Beasley comparisons. I also never saw Tyrus Thomas average 23 pts and 15 boards, so I don't know how a comparison to another head case is relevant either. Oh, they are both athletic so that must mean it's a good comparison right? lol

Dresta
03-31-2009, 06:26 PM
Look, all i'm saying is you same people who are completely over hyping Blake Griffin are gonna be the same ones who are calling him a failure/bust when he fails to meet your expectations. Just like was done with Durant and Beasley, look at how much Durant has improved this year, i'm looking for Beasley to take a similar step up, and i expect Griffin to face similar struggles in his rookie season.

niko
03-31-2009, 06:37 PM
Look, all i'm saying is you same people who are completely over hyping Blake Griffin are gonna be the same ones who are calling him a failure/bust when he fails to meet your expectations. Just like was done with Durant and Beasley, look at how much Durant has improved this year, i'm looking for Beasley to take a similar step up, and i expect Griffin to face similar struggles in his rookie season.

If you are looking for Beasley to take a similar step up like Durant did then honestly, you don't know as much as you think. Durant is about a thousand times better prospect than Beasely.

Dresta
03-31-2009, 07:10 PM
You weren't saying that this time last year, Beasley's per minute production this year is better then Durant's was. You honestly don't think he couldn't put up 20ppg on 43% shooting as a 1st option? God some of the people on this website seem to have memory-spans of a few weeks, disregarding all possible logic in the process. To say Durant is a better prospect then Beasley is a valid argument, saying he's 1000x better prospect is plain idiocy.

gibbo3000
03-31-2009, 08:15 PM
You weren't saying that this time last year, Beasley's per minute production this year is better then Durant's was. You honestly don't think he couldn't put up 20ppg on 43% shooting as a 1st option? God some of the people on this website seem to have memory-spans of a few weeks, disregarding all possible logic in the process. To say Durant is a better prospect then Beasley is a valid argument, saying he's 1000x better prospect is plain idiocy.

I'm pretty sure this time last year the durant hype was off the charts
He started slow shooting wise but in the second half of the year he was shooting a good percentage and everyone was saying 'this kid is something special'

Thunderstruck
03-31-2009, 08:53 PM
Griffin is more physically and mentally ready for the NBA than Durant or Beasley were coming out. His additional year in college has done wonders for his development and he is ready to make an impact in the NBA. I don't expect him to be all world his rookie year, but I do not expect him to struggle, especially on the boards. I think he will average close to a double double next year, something like 14pts 10 rebounds depending on what team he is on and should easily be the ROY.

unbreakable
03-31-2009, 08:53 PM

Yea you betta' start back peddlin', boy! :hammertime:

asu77golf
03-31-2009, 09:07 PM
What a ****ty movie

Y2Gezee
04-01-2009, 01:13 AM
You're completely uninformed. Almost all of this stuff you posted is fabricated garbage.

You either have seen very little of Blake Griffin or you're a terrible scout. I'm assuming it's the former as it seems most people posting in this thread have seen only a hand full of his games at best. His face up game is very good. He has great ability to take the ball to the bucket from mid range and is very explosive to the basket. His post game is unrivaled in college basketball. He's seen double teams every game for two years and still managed to be one of the nation's best scorers. He also has some of the best footwork under the basket I have ever seen in college ball.

Since when did you have to be 7 feet tall to be effective under the basket? He's also listed at 6'10" 260 Lbs. Explain to me how that is undersized for a power forward? If you tell me he's really 6'7" I will laugh at you. I have stood beside him and he is at least 6'9". The man is a physical beast and you calling him a tweener is laughable.

You really haven't seen him play if you think his ball handling consists of one dribble. He brings the ball up the court on his own several times a game and there aren't many people his size anywhere who have his handles. I haven't seen many 6'10 260 Lbs basketball players who can do this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q56IoNtgCfs

The only correct thing you said out of all the bull crap you posted was that he is not a good outside shooter. Congrats...

The scouts know he is a special player and he will prove to be one of the best power forwards in the NBA in time. He just broke Hakeem Olajuwan's record for most rebounds in a single season and will be a dominant rebounder from day 1 in the NBA. Offensively, his post game is already refined and his ability to get get down the court on a fast break will lead to easy pts. His offensive game will come, but his defense might need some work. He is a very smart defender and rarely fouled out this year, but he isn't the most aggressive defender and will need to be more physical with the guys he will go up against in the NBA.

Dumb.

Fact is he's dominating college players, where its easy to be a tweener. I don't think he's 6'10, and it definitely helps to be 7ft 270+ when by looking at how his game translates to the NBA his biggest strength is a power game around the rim. He'll struggle playing that way in the NBA against Pfs (mightily at his size) and if he's good enough to do it vs Sfs he'll still struggle because around the rim they'll get help from pfs and sfs. If he could MASTER a short range turnaround J or midrange spot up, he'd be in much better shape as a "big man" in the NBA because I'm not sure he can play bully ball on that level. As it is, he has improved his jumper still I don't think its steady. His post game is fine where he's damn near the biggest guy on college courts, but needs much more refinement on the next level

As for that BS video of him handling the ball, thats about as impressive as when someone like Kenyon or Amare or Duncan is in the open court on a breakaway. He doesn't have the handles to break down a defense in the halfcourt, or to get past a good perimeter defender on the next level consistently, especially if there's help behind him. And if he's the God of a scorer you're all expecting him to be, there will be help. He'd have a strong handle for a real big man, and I think he can be effective getting to the rim from the midpost in single coverage, that's about it.

As for him dominating on the boards immediately, I'll believe it when I see it. Durant, Beasley etc were supposed to carry on their college dominance on the boards and we're still waiting. We'll see

And please stop acting like an expert on Griffin and get his junk out of your mouth because you "stood next to him" and fell in love. **** off.

then explain to me how does he devlop a jumper in college when him taking a jumper will always be a bad shot in that situation....he can always get a better shot for himself or a teammate.

He already has good footwork and from what I see he can shoot as well. He just hasnt needed to show it off. People dont really know what good footwork it...but Blake takes the right angles in the post, understands how to untilze his pivot feet and has a solid jab step game. I think the only way to take his game to the next level is in the NBA. The guys in college are too bad and he is always gonna get doubled and tripled ever game and that isnt the way to get better.

Well...he could learn to take a jumper to where it wouldn't be as bad a situation as it is now. Because he will NEED to have a consistent jumper in the NBA, as he isn't gonna be able to do the same things there. And I know what good footwork is, and while his footwork is generally fine...to be as effective in the post as he is in college in the NBA at his size to even get off good shots if he is going to be up against pfs I think it will need to be great. That is unless he really improves his perimeter game and develops as a sf. Hopefully he can develop his game in the NBA, and I think he has a good deal of work to do, work that is easier done in college. Offensively I think hes relatively one dimensional as in he needs to score around the rim and it can be difficult for it to translate to the next level at what I believe his size is

Younggrease
04-01-2009, 02:43 AM
work that is easier done in college. Offensively I think hes relatively one dimensional as in he needs to score around the rim and it can be difficult for it to translate to the next level at what I believe his size is

how is it easier to work on your game in college when you have classes as opposed to the NBA where you have better work partners. I know the time commitment is there in the NBA but working on your game is the same whether its in the nba or college.

TheWitness
04-01-2009, 04:35 AM
Griffin the Next Lebron? hahaha funny!

the same thing was actually exclaimed about rudy gay on his first season but ended up being a one dimensional player... i aint saying rudy gay is a bad player...

hes not that bad,,, hes actually a good player... just not as the same level as lebron...