PDA

View Full Version : iverson pissed after cleveland loss

lazerface
03-31-2009, 11:10 PM
you knew it was gonna be rough for iverson coming off the bench.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=290331005

"I can play 18 minutes with my eyes closed and a 100-pound truck on my back," he said. "I'm wondering what the rush was to get me back. It's a bad time for me mentally. I'm just trying to get through it without starting a whole bunch of nonsense. I'm looking at the big picture, if I vent my frustrations, then it's on.
"Being who I am, fingers are going to be pointed at me. People are going to make a big deal out of it. I'm just trying to laugh as much as I can and stop from crying."

kumquat
03-31-2009, 11:13 PM
Stop crying I'verson you ***** and play your role

pete's montreux
03-31-2009, 11:14 PM
100 pound truck? What the f*ck kinda trucks is he driving? Tonka?

NOHCP3
03-31-2009, 11:14 PM
You had to know this was coming. If Im AI I just suck it up and look for a better situation this summer.

kumquat
03-31-2009, 11:15 PM
You had to know this was coming. If Im AI I just suck it up and look for a better situation this summer.

Who's going to want him though. He's going to want good money, good number of years and all of the ball.

BALLin01
03-31-2009, 11:18 PM
well if you know what happened. AI didnt play all of the 3rd quarter. And when they put him in the 4th quarter, he led the team to the lead than Michael Curry took him out and put in Rodney Stuckey than leading to the loss. Of course he would be pissed.

AznTacoLover
03-31-2009, 11:19 PM
We know this was going to happen sometime. :rolleyes:

haterofhaters
03-31-2009, 11:20 PM
Does Iverson even weigh 100 pounds?

bdreason
03-31-2009, 11:21 PM
Being benched for Rip Hamilton is one thing.

Being benched for Rodney Stuckey? No way AI's ego can take that blow.

Styles p
03-31-2009, 11:22 PM
he misses philly.

NOHCP3
03-31-2009, 11:23 PM
Who's going to want him though. He's going to want good money, good number of years and all of the ball.

Well hes going to have to be realistic. If he doesnt find a way to embrace the sixth man role then hes going to start on a non contender...Like Charlotte.

Mississippi
03-31-2009, 11:24 PM
Iverson would be a good fit in San Antonio or maybe in Houston with Yao.

shortlunatic
03-31-2009, 11:26 PM
hell find a job. regardlee of what people say, he is still a top competetitor who doesnt like to lose. Hes coming off a huge paycheck so i honestly dnt think he will be picky in terms of the amount of money hes gonna want. i woulddnt be surprised if he accepted a contract below the MLE as long as he plays for a top team.

Mississippi
03-31-2009, 11:26 PM
Why does Curry see Stuckey as a pg? He passes less than Iverson does.

lazerface
03-31-2009, 11:29 PM

agree.

i kinda feel for him though, it's not like he asked to be traded to detroit.
but he needs to realize his role on that team, and that's not 35+ minutes a game.

iTruWarrior
03-31-2009, 11:29 PM
As one of the biggest A.I Haters on this forum, he actually should have played more. Since he's considered the Cavs killer in the NBA.

Rodney Stuckey was garbage in the game and so was Will Bynum. Nobody showed up, Iverson at least tried to show up.

kobesabi
03-31-2009, 11:32 PM
Not a game, it's because he misses practice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI

nbastatus
03-31-2009, 11:33 PM
you can cry with me AI:cry:

BALLin01
03-31-2009, 11:35 PM
As one of the biggest A.I Haters on this forum, he actually should have played more. Since he's considered the Cavs killer in the NBA.

Rodney Stuckey was garbage in the game and so was Will Bynum. Nobody showed up, Iverson at least tried to show up.

That's why he was probobly pissed, he was playing so good and than Michael Curry subs in Rodney Stuckey when they had the lead, than the Pistons lost.

White Chocolate
03-31-2009, 11:36 PM

Allen Iverson does not play second fiddle to anyone. That's why he's unhappy in Detroit.

Smokee
03-31-2009, 11:44 PM
I think Stuckey is highly overrrated. Getting rid of Chauncey for this guy? :hammerhead: WTF were they thinking? :confusedshrug:

Chuck Thou NBA
03-31-2009, 11:46 PM
I think Stuckey is highly overrrated. Getting rid of Chauncey for this guy? :hammerhead: WTF were they thinking? :confusedshrug:

salaray cap

NBASTATMAN
03-31-2009, 11:49 PM

Who is that chick on your left uppper side. Damn.. Need some info on her.... :lol

francesco totti
03-31-2009, 11:50 PM

He can still become a very good player.But for now, he is not ready.
I believe he is playing, so that he improves his game. Nothing more.

ElPigto
03-31-2009, 11:52 PM

No he wouldn't fit Houston nor San Antonio. Iverson is much more effective with the ball in his hands and neither Houston nor San Antonio have room for another player like that.

gibbo3000
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY1JcvgH0XQ&feature=related

"i set myself up for that one"

Man iverson was a great player in his day
One of my favourites to watch ever, he put it all out there on the court

It's sad to see him coming off the bench, and maybe not being wanted next year

G-train
he is just one big salary dump.
He should shut up and be a professional for once in his life, and do what his employer wants of him.

Pistons want him coming off the bench and giving them something until his fat contract comes off the books, they are not asking him to give joe dumars sexual favours.

The_Yearning
03-31-2009, 11:54 PM
Of course he's pissed...why they rushed the man back..he probably just wanted to shut it down for the season...why are they letting some rookie chump finish out the game when they got a freaking former mvp veteran on the bench? an all star not finishing the game? the Detroit pistons are a disgrace to the game of basketball

LA_Showtime
03-31-2009, 11:54 PM
Since the Lakers have pretty much ****ed themselves by losing home-court to the Cavaliers I'm going to root for them when they play Boston and Orlando. I want those guys to lose as many games as possible.:D

Why wouldn't Iverson be pissed? He had no time on the court. At least Lamar Odom and Ginobli get around 30 mpg..

JustinJDW
03-31-2009, 11:58 PM
To be honest, I kind of agree with Iverson in this Game. Iveron did not play all 3rd Quarter, then when he got in the 4th, he led the way. Then they take him out for Stuckey. Stuckey who is shooting 3-14, while Iverson is shooting 5-8.

Not right. Iverson should have played more. A lot more.

BALLin01
03-31-2009, 11:59 PM
Why wouldn't Iverson be pissed? He had no time on the court. At least Lamar Odom and Ginobli get around 30 mpg..

Because Phil Jackson and Greg Poppovich are smart coaches. Unlike Michael Curry who subs out AI and puts in a 2nd year overrated player that turns the ball over twice at the end of the game that made the Pistons lose.

G-train
04-01-2009, 12:20 AM
To be honest, I kind of agree with Iverson in this Game. Iveron did not play all 3rd Quarter, then when he got in the 4th, he led the way. Then they take him out for Stuckey. Stuckey who is shooting 3-14, while Iverson is shooting 5-8.

Not right. Iverson should have played more. A lot more.

he should do as he is told without public complaint and without undermining his coach.

Sriracha
04-01-2009, 12:25 AM
Stop crying I'verson you ***** and play your role

He only cries because he cares.

GiveItToBurrito
04-01-2009, 01:14 AM
Because Phil Jackson and Greg Poppovich are smart coaches. Unlike Michael Curry who subs out AI and puts in a 2nd year overrated player that turns the ball over twice at the end of the game that made the Pistons lose.

Yeah, pretty much. I love AI, and I'm well aware of how he can have a negative effect on a game with his shot jacking and inability to do much other than score. That said, he's good in doses, and those doses should be more than 18 minutes a game. Tight games that go down to the wire are usually won by having someone who can get into the paints and draw fouls, and there aren't many players in the league who are better than AI at that. Plus, Cleveland plays a lot of small shooting guards, so it's not like he's even going to hurt you as much on defense as he normally would.

oh the horror
04-01-2009, 02:46 AM
If you ask me, the coach STILL makes poor decisions with him, even coming off the bench.

BallPhunk
04-01-2009, 03:06 AM
I'd start to care a bit if this wasn't only one of the many problems the Pistons have (many of which started before AI got there).

Ball don't lie though, and neither does the record...

Ken_Masters
04-01-2009, 03:12 AM

Exactly. Iverson was playing well there at the end. Stuckey has not impressed me at all. Will Bynum looks like a better player than Stuckey at this point.

Lebron23
04-01-2009, 04:58 AM
Michael Curry is the Worst Coach in the NBA. Avery Johnson should be the new Coach of the Pistons next year.

wozzler
04-01-2009, 05:33 AM
curry seems to think bynum and stuckey are superstars

Undisputed
04-01-2009, 05:35 AM
Michael Curry is the Worst Coach in the NBA. Avery Johnson should be the new Coach of the Pistons next year.

If Avery was going to coach anywhere, the Pistons would be the perfect job for him.

TheWitness
04-01-2009, 07:28 AM
meh! IVERSON is always pissed!

1~Gibson~1
04-01-2009, 07:48 AM
AI hearts Denver :lol

Hotbullets
04-01-2009, 08:04 AM
Iverson needs to get out of there. I like him a lot, but he's clearly not happy and so is the rest of the team and the fans. I'm optimistic though, Pistons are only a few pieces away - maybe even one - from contendership in the East. My two cents.

Mamba
04-01-2009, 08:12 AM
If Avery was going to coach anywhere, the Pistons would be the perfect job for him.
him and sheed would clash way way way too much.

dirk would sya okay coach when avery would ask him to do something difficult.

sheed will be like **** off i aint doing that.

nashisbest
04-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Iverson to Miami!

niko
04-01-2009, 10:27 AM
i'm sorry, they gave him a month to rest and get over his issues, and he comes back, and 2 games in he's *****ing. that's ridiculous. 2 games is not trying to fit in a role.

ANd don't tell me Popovich would use him better, blah blah - no way he brings in Iverson. He just won't, because he doesn't need him to start and he wouldn't promise anyone minutes.

DukeDelonte13
04-01-2009, 10:39 AM
:cry: :cry: :cry:

I wonder how big (or small) Iverson's next contract will be

KempSonics
04-01-2009, 10:39 AM
I agree that AI should've played more last night. He played well.

Not sure why Curry subbed him out? He made a couple mistakes but he was still scoring at a decent clip.

To be fair, it was only his second game back after a lengthy lull and hsi conditioning may not be all the way back.

Regardless, why is he speaking up to the media? Just shut up. Your team is finally healthy and they nearly beat the Cavs on the road. NOw's not the time to start crying.

mattevans11
04-01-2009, 10:55 AM

im gonna need some therapy if this idiot comes to the rockets.....

mattevans11
04-01-2009, 10:58 AM
Of course he's pissed...why they rushed the man back..he probably just wanted to shut it down for the season...why are they letting some rookie chump finish out the game when they got a freaking former mvp veteran on the bench? an all star not finishing the game? the Detroit pistons are a disgrace to the game of basketball

:no: not a rookie

and while we are at it why dont the pistons suit up bill russell and larry bird if we are going on past accomplishments.

mattevans11
04-01-2009, 11:01 AM
there is a perfect place for iverson next year......RETIREMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Champion
04-01-2009, 11:44 AM
Allen Iverson will never win a championship. I hope AI next contract is enough to feed his kids and his ego. Maybe write the following into his contract: "Must be a starter; Must play over 35 minutes; Must dribble the ball every possession; Must shoot at least 20 shots per game."

mattevans11
04-01-2009, 11:55 AM
Allen Iverson will never win a championship. I hope AI next contract is enough to feed his kids and his ego. Maybe write the following into his contract: "Must be a starter; Must play over 35 minutes; Must dribble the ball every possession; Must shoot at least 20 shots per game."

Also add in his contract that it will be okay to complain and kill a team.....

PoGoMon
04-01-2009, 11:56 AM
well if you know what happened. AI didnt play all of the 3rd quarter. And when they put him in the 4th quarter, he led the team to the lead than Michael Curry took him out and put in Rodney Stuckey than leading to the loss. Of course he would be pissed.

You saw the same game I did! Their coach should go back to coaching 101. Detroit also lost their lead in the first 1/2 when Iverson was taken out.:cheers:

John Smith
04-01-2009, 12:17 PM
this is why iverson sucks and is overrated. total ball hog. never got the idea as to why they called him "the answer." shiiit, he's not even the question!

John Smith
04-01-2009, 12:21 PM
Does Iverson even weigh 100 pounds?

no, my balls weight more than that scrawny toothpick.

lolwut
04-01-2009, 12:25 PM
this is why iverson sucks and is overrated. total ball hog. never got the idea as to why they called him "the answer." shiiit, he's not even the question!

is that why he was sticking it to Cleveland last night and as soon as he exits the game Cleveland starts wrecking?

Take Your Lumps
04-01-2009, 12:27 PM
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/6044/20982419.jpg

lolwut
04-01-2009, 12:27 PM
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/6044/20982419.jpg

:roll: :applause:

and that counted

John Smith
04-01-2009, 12:28 PM
is that why he was sticking it to Cleveland last night and as soon as he exits the game Cleveland starts wrecking?

actually, He was on the floor during a key part of the Pistons' collapse in the final five minutes.

John Smith
04-01-2009, 12:37 PM

he is! that's partially why the pistons aren't very good and are overrated. they don't have any good, young bigs. Maxiel is undersized and really just a role player at best. plus, back to stuckey, he's really a SG! that's why the Pistons always collapse in the final minutes game in and game out because they don't have a real PG to run the team.

John Smith
04-01-2009, 12:38 PM
Who is that chick on your left uppper side. Damn.. Need some info on her.... :lol

screw that, i need to know who that chick is in White Chocolate's avi. :cheers:

lolwut
04-01-2009, 12:38 PM
actually, He was on the floor during a key part of the Pistons' collapse in the final five minutes.

actually while Iverson was on the floor in the 4th quarter the Pistons went from down 6 to up 2 and were within 3 when he left. The Pistons were not collapsing in the 4th while Iverson was out there...they were gaining ground.

He didn't play the final 5 minutes either. He was subbed at 3:12.

Iverson's +/- was +2.

You can clearly see this illustrated here. http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/playbyplay?gameId=290331005

John Smith
04-01-2009, 12:39 PM
he is just one big salary dump.
He should shut up and be a professional for once in his life, and do what his employer wants of him.

You can take the thug out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the thug.

John Smith
04-01-2009, 12:40 PM
actually while Iverson was on the floor in the 4th quarter the Pistons went from down 6 to up 2 and were within 3 when he left. The Pistons were not collapsing in the 4th while Iverson was out there...they were gaining ground.

Iverson's +/- was +2.

You can clearly see this illustrated here. http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/playbyplay?gameId=290331005

Who is your source? yourself? mine is better:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090401/SPORTS0102/904010348/&imw=Y

and to blame the collapse to the NBA's best team on iverson playing or not playing is foolish! it comes down to the Pistons not having a real PG. this is like the 18th game they've folded in down the stretch. it's nothing new. that's why most Piston fans just want the season to be over already.

lolwut
04-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Who is your source? yourself? mine is better:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090401/SPORTS0102/904010348/&imw=Y

my source is the actual game play-by-play. You can see exactly why you're wrong in black and white.

They weren't folding with Iverson out there... CLEARLY.

John Smith
04-01-2009, 12:43 PM

because the pistons' franchise thinks they are better than they really are. That's why.

John Smith
04-01-2009, 12:44 PM
my source is the actual game play-by-play. You can see exactly why you're wrong in black and white.

They weren't folding with Iverson out there... CLEARLY.

whatever dude, i'll trust a Detroit Newspaper over you!

lolwut
04-01-2009, 12:45 PM

you don't have to trust me you moron read the damn game log I posted it for you!

John Smith
04-01-2009, 12:46 PM
He only cries because he cares.

...about himself! that's it.

mattevans11
04-01-2009, 12:54 PM
You saw the same game I did! Their coach should go back to coaching 101. Detroit also lost their lead in the first 1/2 when Iverson was taken out.:cheers:

i keep hearing about curry is terrible........blah blah blah........ i think it is clear what is going on in detroit....they are building for the future...... AI is NOWHERE in their future, meaning the coach is tryign to get stuckey some experience. not saying that curry is a good coach, but he is coaching the team that Dumars has given to him..... in all honesty, and i hate to say this, cause i dont like the pistons, they are close to getting back to the days of eastern conference domination. if they can add a boozer-like player next year, they will be fighting with the big dogs.

this being said.......RETIRE AI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nobody wants you.

John Smith
04-01-2009, 01:05 PM
where are the A.I. supporters now? i guess they abandoned him too.

oh the horror
04-01-2009, 01:11 PM
Okay, and if and when they sign a superstar next year....if HE doesnt perform up to par, will the Detroit fanbase, also dump on him, call him a cancer, and blame entirely him as well?

That franchise blows.

boozehound
04-01-2009, 01:24 PM
Okay, and if and when they sign a superstar next year....if HE doesnt perform up to par, will the Detroit fanbase, also dump on him, call him a cancer, and blame entirely him as well?

That franchise blows.
you sound like a butt hurt stan. a franchise with the record # of conference finals appearances in a row must suck donkey balls.

if they bring in a superstar who doesnt live up to it like you suggest, then yes, they will be frustrated with him. For the record, most of the AI haters (Canswer types) in all these threads are not pistons fans. Never seen most of them in a game thread before AI. he brings the haters with him, pre-packaged along with the stans. and yes, he has been incredibly disappointing. After he went out and rip and sheed were still there, this team looked totally different, with at least 3 guys touching the ball every possession and no easy drives to the basket by opposing pgs. He didnt fit offensively or defensively and the main fault with curry is not recognizing that sooner/having the balls to stand up to joe and AI and move him to the bench. I cannot wait till he is no longer on this team.

oh the horror
04-01-2009, 01:29 PM
you sound like a butt hurt stan. a franchise with the record # of conference finals appearances in a row must suck donkey balls.

if they bring in a superstar who doesnt live up to it like you suggest, then yes, they will be frustrated with him. For the record, most of the AI haters (Canswer types) in all these threads are not pistons fans. Never seen most of them in a game thread before AI. he brings the haters with him, pre-packaged along with the stans. and yes, he has been incredibly disappointing. After he went out and rip and sheed were still there, this team looked totally different, with at least 3 guys touching the ball every possession and no easy drives to the basket by opposing pgs. He didnt fit offensively or defensively and the main fault with curry is not recognizing that sooner/having the balls to stand up to joe and AI and move him to the bench. I cannot wait till he is no longer on this team.

And what? One player took that team's success and sunk it? Thats absurd on ALL levels.

I knew from day number one, that this trade would be horrible. Im sure there has to be people out there that agreed. This was treated (once again) from a media standpoint like he was going to be the one to walk in and save Detroit from being stagnant.

Record wise, stat wise im not interested in, what im talking about is the monumental collaspe that this man has shouldered from people, fans, media in general. Its distasteful.

Leaves me to question the guts, and class of that team.

ruslan
04-01-2009, 01:43 PM

Chris McCosky
do u know who this guy is? the biggest hater in detroit when it comes to AI. have fun

Champion
04-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Chris McCosky
do u know who this guy is? the biggest hater in detroit when it comes to AI. have fun

The reason why Allen Iverson is the answer is because he is the wrong one.

francesco totti
04-01-2009, 03:59 PM
Chris McCosky

Many of detroit fans who criticize AI, Admit this guy ( MCcosky) is 101% AI hater. His articles are full of ****

francesco totti
04-01-2009, 04:02 PM
you don't have to trust me you moron read the damn game log I posted it for you!

here is what happened in 4th quarter..

8:59 Allen Iverson makes 14-foot jumper 62-65
8:18 Allen Iverson makes 13-foot jumper 64-65
5:22 Allen Iverson makes driving layup 69-67
3:12 Rodney Stuckey enters the game for Allen Iverson 69-72
2:39 Rodney Stuckey bad pass 69-75
2:18 Rodney Stuckey lost ball (Anderson Varejao steals) 69-75
0:25 Anderson Varejao blocks Rodney Stuckey's layup 71-77

iggy>
04-01-2009, 04:16 PM
detroit sucks even worse when iverson plays 35+ minutes, u ai knobslobbers need to chill.

John Smith
04-01-2009, 04:24 PM
detroit sucks even worse when iverson plays 35+ minutes, u ai knobslobbers need to chill.

exactly! and there is a lot of them on Inside Hoops.com

mattevans11
04-01-2009, 04:26 PM
:cheers:

ruslan
04-01-2009, 05:29 PM
3 **** co signing each other above me :oldlol:

BALLin01
04-01-2009, 06:13 PM
i keep hearing about curry is terrible........blah blah blah........ i think it is clear what is going on in detroit....they are building for the future...... AI is NOWHERE in their future, meaning the coach is tryign to get stuckey some experience. not saying that curry is a good coach, but he is coaching the team that Dumars has given to him..... in all honesty, and i hate to say this, cause i dont like the pistons, they are close to getting back to the days of eastern conference domination. if they can add a boozer-like player next year, they will be fighting with the big dogs.

Ask any Pistons fan and they will say Michael Curry is a terrible coach.

francesco totti
04-01-2009, 06:23 PM

How old r u? U seem like a 4 year old child. ' Retire AI, Nobody wants you ' This are childish comments. go to some mickey mouse forum

ruslan
04-01-2009, 07:20 PM
How old r u? U seem like a 4 year old child. ' Retire AI, Nobody wants you ' This are childish comments. go to some mickey mouse forum

lol

John Smith
04-01-2009, 10:13 PM
haha that fugazy azz clown Iverson only got 17 minutes tonight in another Detroit Pistons fat juicy Loss! he was 1-8. :lol

ruslan
04-01-2009, 10:17 PM
^ ur pretty sad.

John Smith
04-01-2009, 10:20 PM
^ ur pretty sad.

says the crackhead whose location reads "up in smoke." yeah, you're cool...for a 13 year old.

BALLin01
04-01-2009, 10:30 PM
haha that fugazy azz clown Iverson only got 17 minutes tonight in another Detroit Pistons fat juicy Loss! he was 1-8. :lol

We all know u wouldn't be saying that if he was on the Nuggets or Sixers. The thing I hate about ISH is when a star player is having a down year, they always have to bash him.

MJ(Mean John)
04-03-2009, 03:05 PM
Why does Curry see Stuckey as a pg? He passes less than Iverson does.

Exactlyy.

Thats what I dont get. Why do you bench 2 superstars in Rip and Ai for a 2nd year guy in STucky who isnt THAT GOOD

H2whoa
04-05-2009, 02:44 PM
Exactlyy.

Thats what I dont get. Why do you bench 2 superstars in Rip and Ai for a 2nd year guy in STucky who isnt THAT GOOD
and then bench a superstar in Rasheed Wallace for the biggest bust in the NBA

No Kwame hate, I actually like Kwame, but I just had to say it.