PDA

View Full Version : Allen Iverson Appreciation thread

MELOgamaniac
04-02-2009, 06:50 PM
DONT POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOUR GONNA HATE

This is only for Allen Iverson fans that want to show appreciation.....Personally I love A.I. and he personify's a era of defiance and difference and also dominacne of a little man that currently will never be matched.

So Post whatever things you LIKE about A.I. and whatever positive thoughts you have about him cause lately theres been alot of Answer hate on this board.

Maniak
04-02-2009, 06:59 PM
One of my favorite SGs ever....or PG, whatever you want to call him.

He was very exciting to watch when he was in his prime. Props to this dude for carrying that Philly team to the finals.

Brujesino
04-02-2009, 07:01 PM
. Props to this dude for carrying that Philly team to the finals.

+1

Godfather
04-02-2009, 07:01 PM
He will get his ring...

And then he will dominate the Euroleague!

Riker
04-02-2009, 07:04 PM
In his prime, I was in my all time high streeball playing-time level.

He inspired me after MJ went off.

Loved the way he showed heart, how he carried those slackers to the Finals, the articles on him and Larry in SI, basically, Bubba Chuck (Google that, Google fan) is one of my favorite players all time.

Nowadays Google fans that concentrate here in large numbers dubbed him The Canswer, funny in a way, but they don't know or refuse to know his full story.

I got ****load of old pics I "collected" in his 2000 and 2001 years from great fan sites that unfortunately don't exist anymore.

He will definitely be a very special player to me no matter what self proclaimed autistic mad deranged lonesome "experts" here say about him.

Thanks AI. Probably the last NBA soldier, a person that doesn't have a mask and doesn't try to fit in the molds.

Al Thornton
04-02-2009, 07:04 PM
He is one of the greatest of all time. :bowdown:

lolwut
04-02-2009, 07:11 PM
one of the best scorers to ever pick up a basketball, and one of the most entertaining players to watch ever

I'm an Allen Iverson fan, always have been.

Lebron23
04-02-2009, 07:16 PM
One of the Greatest Combo Guard in NBA History. Iverson is the greatest scorer in this decade ( 4x NBA Scoring Champion)

Thechosen1
04-02-2009, 07:20 PM
my favorite player of all time...i will miss him when he retires

nbastatus
04-02-2009, 07:36 PM
HOFer

hawkfan
04-02-2009, 07:39 PM
Best scorer for small NBA players for his generation.

Was outstanding in taking the Sixers to the NBA Finals a few years ago.

lolwut
04-02-2009, 07:41 PM
he's not done, he's got a lot more highlights left in him

I wouldn't let this horrible Detroit situation affect me too much, it's not Iverson's fault.

Prodigy
04-02-2009, 07:53 PM
The Consumate Loser.

I thank him for allowing me to appreciate guys like Manu who do whatever it takes for their team to win.

iTruWarrior
04-02-2009, 08:14 PM
This Thread

http://uploads.neowin.net/forum/post-7103-1204801350_thumb.jpg

BALLin01
04-02-2009, 08:25 PM
This Thread

http://uploads.neowin.net/forum/post-7103-1204801350_thumb.jpg

Please don't post in this thread if your gonna hate on him.

Back on topic, AI has,and always will be my favorite player of all time. He was a great player, great compettitor and always wanted to win. The thing that inspired me the most was that he was himself. He wasn't gonna hide anything and did things his own way and didn't wanna copy anybody. AI will be a HOFer and go down as one of the greatest SG's to ever play in this game.

iTruWarrior
04-02-2009, 08:26 PM
Ok, I actually will appreciate him.

Iverson had great intangibles, including hustle, heart and toughness. I was never a fan of his real game, because I knew in the future it wouldn't get him anywhere. However many fans completely overrate him which is exactly led me to hate on him a bit.

oh the horror
04-02-2009, 09:00 PM
I remember all of us going off about this back in highschool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEmS8ZQIhTA

Anti Hero
04-02-2009, 09:05 PM
I liked him when he said he didn't have to repsect anyone, referring to MJ

ruslan
04-02-2009, 09:16 PM
top 20-30 player

MeloMike
04-02-2009, 09:21 PM
Helped Denver make the playoffs the last 2.5 years before this one.

One of the best scorers ever pound for pound.

JellyBean
04-02-2009, 09:23 PM
One of the toughest players in the game.This cat was not afraid of taking the ball to the rack. Mad props, A.I.

MELOgamaniac
04-02-2009, 10:13 PM
iTruWarrior=Idiot....GTF outta my thread...neway.......Iverson always brings his heart in the game which is something you can never discredit.

Scoring beast , and a fast break monster...loved him when he was athletic and dunking on people, admired his cross over and one of the best pound for pound players to hit this league.

He gets alot of hate for his style of play...but honestly if it wasnt for his style of play he would not be as great as he is

BALLin01
04-02-2009, 10:15 PM
He gets alot of hate for hsi style of play...but honestly if it wasnt for his style of play he would not be as great as he is

The league would be so boring without AI. Everyone would be trying to copy MJ or Shaq or someother Superstar.

iTruWarrior
04-02-2009, 10:18 PM
The league would be so boring without AI. Everyone would be trying to copy MJ or Shaq or someother Superstar.
We already have tons of that in the league

The wannabe Shaq is Dwight Howard

The wannabe of Jordan is every single player at the wing position.

BALLin01
04-02-2009, 10:22 PM
We already have tons of that in the league

The wannabe Shaq is Dwight Howard

The wannabe of Jordan is every single player at the wing position.

That's why the league is not as good as the 90's and 80's. No one tried impersonating anyone.

iTruWarrior
04-02-2009, 10:33 PM
That's why the league is not as good as the 90's and 80's. No one tried impersonating anyone.
Agreed, I miss those days. From Magic and Bird to Jordan to Hakeem back to Jordan....

Those were the days....

BALLin01
04-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Agreed, I miss those days. From Magic and Bird to Jordan to Hakeem back to Jordan....

Those were the days....

And now we have...

Kobe trying to impersonate Jordan

Howard trying to impersonate Shaq etc.

Lakers13
04-02-2009, 10:51 PM
Great scorer. Prob the best little man SG ever. I find it sad people go as far as call him the Cancer, when he put a city on his back and carried them to a finals. People have such a short memory.

Riker
04-02-2009, 10:53 PM
People have such a short memory.

No I don't think so. Petty superficial fad following "fans" (99.9% of this forum) have short memory.

But actual NBA heads don't.

I wouldn't never say anything bad about Iverson based on his last few seasons.

He's status is solidified as far as I'm concerned.

sixerfan82
04-02-2009, 11:41 PM
one of the best players pound for pound, id go as far as to say he's a reincarnation of isiah thomas but i never saw isiah play much

iverson has taken A LOT of beating over the years, and for a little guy who may or may not practice as much as he could/should he's got a great natural gift.

seriously, here's a guy who takes the summer off and then comes back in november to run circles around whoever he plays with, who can do that being 5'11"?

Big Al All day
04-02-2009, 11:46 PM
I remember watching him in the playoffs for the first time in 01. I musta been 10 years old and I remember thinking, wow whose that small guy with the arm sleeve that is just going off?

Ever since then I have loved AI. One of the biggest characters, for better or worse, the nba ever had to offer. Unlimited heart and compassion, laid all out on the court every single night. There are so many ways to describe, unfortunately none of them ever transpired into a championship, and I don't think he will ever win one.

miller-time
04-02-2009, 11:51 PM
However many fans completely overrate him which is exactly led me to hate on him a bit.

heh.. no you're thinking of the other guy and his fans...

anyway, i liked AI even when he was in georgetown.

great transistion from the old players to the new players.

he's in that middle generation with pierce, francis and kobe. not quite old enough to be in that late 80s early 90s generation, but still came before the lebron and dwade generation.

Mrofir
04-03-2009, 12:23 AM
Great player that taught nba fans to look beyond image and appreciate the player\person for who he is. Not everyone learns, but he went a long way.

ronron15
04-03-2009, 12:48 AM
heart bigger than ocean

hito da god
04-03-2009, 01:02 AM
DONT POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOUR GONNA HATE

This is only for Allen Iverson fans that want to show appreciation.....Personally I love A.I. and he personify's a era of defiance and difference and also dominacne of a little man that currently will never be matched.

So Post whatever things you LIKE about A.I. and whatever positive thoughts you have about him cause lately theres been alot of Answer hate on this board.
he could be the poster child of some of the worst years of NBA basketball, the early 00's.

hawkfan
04-03-2009, 02:26 AM
Best scorer for small NBA players for his generation.

Was outstanding in taking the Sixers to the NBA Finals a few years ago.

BTW, if he decides to change his change and come off of the bench, he'd be great for the Hawks.

2009 Summer - Hawks add Rasheed and AI
2010 Champions - Hawks!

baseketball4life
04-03-2009, 02:42 AM
love AI's game, i still think he can put up 27 points per game with a offense built around him none of this retarded team ball piston ball bullsh!t

KRAYZIE
04-03-2009, 02:50 AM
One of my favorite player of all time. It's too bad things aren't working out too well for him over in Detroit.:ohwell: I just hope he wins a ring before retiring.:cheers:

joma11
04-03-2009, 02:58 AM
where should AI play next season?
he may want a ring, but he doesn't want to a backup.
there may not be any title contender looking for him.

MELOgamaniac
04-03-2009, 03:02 AM
he could be the poster child of some of the worst years of NBA basketball, the early 00's.

Some of the more entertaining yrs in my book...I grew up on those times

You must like the goody to shoes/ no personality era of today.....Good job

MELOgamaniac
04-03-2009, 04:01 AM
I agree the era of undersized low percentage shoot-first point guard will never be matched/experienced again, although my reasons probly differ from yours as to why we won't see it again. Iverson was the pinnacle of that era, much better and less cancerous than Francis and Marbury could ever hope to be.

This is an appreciation thread, you poor mans humor (sarcasm) is not needed...make your own thread boy

Toizumi
04-03-2009, 04:47 AM
BTW, if he decides to change his change and come off of the bench, he'd be great for the Hawks.

2009 Summer - Hawks add Rasheed and AI
2010 Champions - Hawks!

still my favorite poster hawkie :oldlol: :bowdown:

and about AI.. I miss the old days..

http://reclinergm.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/iverson.jpg

:bowdown:

one of the greatest ever...

Lebron23
12-19-2013, 09:21 PM
I love his performance in the Eastern conference Finals against the Milwaukee Bucks. Prime Ai would have been the best PG/combo guard in today's NBA.