PDA

View Full Version : DWade leaving Miami

AKADS
06-12-2006, 05:23 PM
Wade to go

Word's going around NBA circles that Dwyane Wade may not stick around past the two more years of his contract in that many of the players he's playing with now will be even older (in fact, all of them will). But don't put it past Pat Riley to figure out how to surround Wade with the right players.

Newsday.com (http://www.newsday.com/sports/columnists/ny-spflash114777781jun11,0,7093085,print.column?coll= ny-sports-columnists)

Not a huge right but could you see Wade leaving. I have never heard him say he would stay. Money is not an issue since he will get more and more endorsments. Maybe he wants to go play for the Bulls.

hotsizzle
06-12-2006, 05:24 PM
yea i read that too but dont count on it. however I would LOVE it if he goes to the bulls

theinfamousmobb
06-12-2006, 05:25 PM
That link is worthless, no credentials at all.

That being said, I would be highly disappointed if Wade left Miami :mad:

craigthomasb
06-12-2006, 05:30 PM
the raptors should get wade, him and bosh and villaneuava and the #1 pick would be sick

wait till 2007, sign wade, then re-sign bosh as we can go over the cap to re-sign him, especially as we have peterson, eric and alvin williams coming off cap, if we dont sign anyone this summer we will have more than $20 million cap space

imagine

Calderon
Wade
Villaneuava
Bosh
Aldridge

:wtf:

AKADS
06-12-2006, 05:31 PM
I know the link doesn't mean anything i just wanted opinions if he was to leave the Heat.

Unregistered
Come to Cleveland, Wade! You and Lebron will wreck the league for the next decade

craigthomasb
the players he's playing with now will be even older (in fact, all of them will).

haha i just realised this is total BS. its clearly a piss take

hotsizzle
06-12-2006, 05:32 PM
Come to Cleveland, Wade! You and Lebron will wreck the league for the next decade

where the hell are the gonna get money to pay him and lebron:hammerhead:

theinfamousmobb
06-12-2006, 05:34 PM

Money problems aside, I would convert to a Cavs fan if that were to happen, just imagine the possiblities, greatest duo of all time :bowdown:

NoGunzJustSkillz
I wonder who will be the first 2 player's from the Bron/Melo/Wade/Bosh/etc. rookie year to be on the same team.

whoops, had iggy initially. lol

craigthomasb
sign and trade, wade for gooden larry hughes and 14 first round picks?

theinfamousmobb
06-12-2006, 05:35 PM
I wonder who will be the first 2 player's from the Bron/Melo/Wade/Iggy/etc. rookie year to be on the same team.

How dare you put Iggy in their class :no: You should at least put Bosh

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-12-2006, 05:36 PM
Bron/Melo/Wade/Iggy/etc.

BFRESH44
06-12-2006, 05:37 PM
*Yawn. Dwyane Wade will be signed to an extension in about a month.

theinfamousmobb
06-12-2006, 05:37 PM
Bron/Melo/Wade/Iggy/etc.

:ohwell:

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-12-2006, 05:38 PM
D Wade plays reckless as hell. We'll see how long that style of play continues.

kwajo
ummm, Iggy was the year after folks

theinfamousmobb
D Wade plays reckless as hell. We'll see how long that style of play continues.

They said the same about AI, and AI is smaller and weaker than Wade...

Da KO King
06-12-2006, 05:44 PM
Wade may leave Miami for a currently unknown reason. People can accept that.

LeBron can get his Nike contract doubled per year if he plays in New York, Los Angeles, or Chicago. People says those team's fans are dreaming.

Riiiiiiigggghhht :confusedshrug:

AKADS
06-12-2006, 05:54 PM
The Heat have Shaq signed through 2010 at 20 mill per
And gaurantee contract on 'Toine through '09 around 10 mill per
Hasslem through '10 at 6.5 mill per.

So if they resigne DWade for max (estimate 6 yrs 75 million) 12.5 per

In 07 Wade his first yr under the Max deal. Wade 12.5, Shaq, 20, 'Toine 8.5, JWill 9, Hasslem 6. Thats 56 million. No way that team wins anything.

In 08 when Wade would be 27 at his prime. The Heat would have 48 million for 4 players. Wade 12.5, Shaq 20, Toine 10, Hasslem 6.5.

2 of which Shaq and Toine are goin to be way past there primes. Or Wade could sign for 5 yrs 60 million.

Oh yeah and since he would be a free agent in '07. There will be alot of teams with money to spend.

traditionone
06-12-2006, 05:58 PM
Shaq and Wade are friends. I expect Shaq to convince Wade to stay.
The Heat really need to trade Walker.

kwajo
06-12-2006, 06:01 PM
wow AKA, I never thought about it thoroughly, but you make a good point with your post, the Heat are going to have cap issues very soon if they don't sort it out

AKADS
06-12-2006, 06:02 PM
No one will take on Shaq or Toines contract.

Haslems isn't a bad deal and no way Heat will trade him.

Wade is half way out. This team won't get good enough draft picks to help out.

AKADS
06-12-2006, 08:56 PM
Shaq's contract will end up being worse contract for his final 2 yrs.

Maybe second to Allan Houstons

JSub
06-12-2006, 09:03 PM
Shaq's contract is the result of short-term interest. Miami took the gamble to win the championship NOW and they are in a disadvantaged position (down 0-2) to do so. I dont mind Haslem's contract, but Walker has got to go if they want any chance of resigning Wade and surrounding him with young talent. Maybe Isaih Thomas will be so kind.

Laker Logic
06-12-2006, 09:03 PM
wow AKA, I never thought about it thoroughly, but you make a good point with your post, the Heat are going to have cap issues very soon if they don't sort it out

Are Lakers fans the only ones who realized that you have to look at the Shaq trade in terms of the long term cap implications for Miami?

Unregistered
06-12-2006, 09:11 PM
Well Miami didn't make that trade for the long-term, did they jackass? They made the trade, knowing full-well they only have a window of 2-3 years to win a title. The team of Wade/Odom/Butler would essentially be the Washington Wizards.

2-3 years of title contention or year after year after year of first-round exits? I'd take the chance at the title

Unregistered
06-12-2006, 09:13 PM
You Laker fans have Lamar Odom (decent, but not even worth 1/4 of a Shaq) and Kwame ****n Brown to show for the most dominant player of our lifetime

You Laker fans are still defending that trade?!

Laker Logic
06-12-2006, 09:20 PM
Well Miami didn't make that trade for the long-term, did they jackass? They made the trade, knowing full-well they only have a window of 2-3 years to win a title.

They took on a long term contract for a short term shot. So this is year 2 of thier 3 year window, correct? I said at the time of the trade that I could see the logic of a ringless team like Miami paying through the nose for a chance to sniff the trophy. But as Miami is now learning, just being in the Finals is still a looonong way from bringing the trophy home. The Heat might make the ECF for three more years, but if you think they're going to get any closer to the chip than they are right now, you're delusional.

Lakers took the short term hit in so-so players for the long term cap flexibility that dumping the contract of a quickly aging Shaq provided. Somebody do the math and tell me how many tens of thousands Shaq made while riding the pine for the second half last night.

adamcz
06-12-2006, 09:27 PM
I heard from a reliable source that he wants to return to Milwaukee, where he played his college career.

BigTicket
06-12-2006, 09:33 PM
Wade leaving would certainly be interesting though I doubt it will happen, he could be the next Iverson, great combo guard who goes to the finals once then spends the rest of his prime stuck on a team full of bad contracts going nowhere.

If he does decide to go I would love to see him in Orlando. Could be great IF their young players continue to develop.

mavsfan4zindagi
06-12-2006, 09:36 PM
He isn't leaving.

adamcz
06-12-2006, 09:39 PM
His agent told me he hopes to work out a deal with the Bucks for the MLE. I guess the problem is that he isn't about to replace Michael Redd, so they have to convince Larry Harris that Wade can be a full-time point guard. Wade wants to play more pg with the Heat to prove himself, and this is causing locker room drama.

Spike Spiegel
06-12-2006, 10:59 PM
He'll come back to Milwaukee where his basketball career original took off national.

...I wish.

AKADS
06-12-2006, 11:03 PM
Who is setting up to have CAP space in '07.

If Oden does go pro and that team has cap room.

Oden + Wade = Instant contenders.

albertpujols
06-12-2006, 11:04 PM
Doubt it.

geeWiz15
06-12-2006, 11:09 PM
I don't see what Wade has done to merit him being forced to live in Canada... I want him on the Bulls. *****, let's make a Bulls team of Wade, Lebron, and KG. The funny thing is that you could make a series of trade proposals that doesn't sound THAT unreasonable.

SecondFiddle
06-13-2006, 01:04 AM
What about Kapono, you guys at ish are always forgeting about Kapono.
Is he leaving or going. Which one because he surely is not staying. What's the difference between leaving and going anyway.
I think leaving is retiring and going is wavied. So I think he is going, if not today, then next week.

Dunn
06-13-2006, 04:14 AM
I can see him going to Orlando... they have a nice young team with a great big man in Dwight Howard, they have capspace, need a sg, and it's close to Miami... And isn't O'Neal going to buy the Magic if he retires? With him and Wade being good friends, I can see Wade wanting to play there...

SupermanOnSteroids
06-13-2006, 04:23 AM
i'll believe it when i see it.

but if wade is smart, he'll do his best to pair up with dwight howard.

AKADS
06-13-2006, 04:24 AM
I can see him going to Orlando... they have a nice young team with a great big man in Dwight Howard, they have capspace, need a sg, and it's close to Miami... And isn't O'Neal going to buy the Magic if he retires? With him and Wade being good friends, I can see Wade wanting to play there...

Darko / Battie
Dwight / Sheldon Williams (11th Pick)
Hedu / Ariza
Wade / Stevenson
Jameer /Arroyo

Holy shit league look out.

jpau02
06-13-2006, 06:14 AM
Wow that Orlando team looks very, very good. Obviously this all depends on Wade. He would have to sacrifice some money to play elsewhere, but his chances of winning a championship will probably get a lot better.

It's kinda sad how players as loyal as KG/AI and potentially Wade can be punished for it.

R.I.P.
06-13-2006, 06:48 AM
The Heat have Shaq signed through 2010 at 20 mill per
And gaurantee contract on 'Toine through '09 around 10 mill per
Hasslem through '10 at 6.5 mill per.

So if they resigne DWade for max (estimate 6 yrs 75 million) 12.5 per

In 07 Wade his first yr under the Max deal. Wade 12.5, Shaq, 20, 'Toine 8.5, JWill 9, Hasslem 6. Thats 56 million. No way that team wins anything.

In 08 when Wade would be 27 at his prime. The Heat would have 48 million for 4 players. Wade 12.5, Shaq 20, Toine 10, Hasslem 6.5.

2 of which Shaq and Toine are goin to be way past there primes. Or Wade could sign for 5 yrs 60 million.

Oh yeah and since he would be a free agent in '07. There will be alot of teams with money to spend.

Wait a minute, the Heat signed Antoine Walker to a 10 Million Dollars per Year contract this off-season???? Okay, who handles financial in that organisation, I

Kobe Bryant
06-13-2006, 08:57 AM
Is a potential 2009-2010 wade + lebron duo > jordan + pippen?

kwajo
06-13-2006, 09:05 AM
a lineup of

PG
Wade
Charlie V.
Bosh
Aldridge

MAKE IT HAPPEN, you know everyone would want to watch that team

FPower
06-13-2006, 09:17 AM
He's not going anywhere. Wade's not going to play for the qualifying offer and put off his huge payday.

The NBA has made it very hard for 1st rounders to get away from their teams. It's a great system, actually.

AKADS
06-13-2006, 04:12 PM
He's not going anywhere. Wade's not going to play for the qualifying offer and put off his huge payday.

The NBA has made it very hard for 1st rounders to get away from their teams. It's a great system, actually.

If Wade doesn't want to sign a enxtention this off season. then he would become a restricted Free -Agent after the '07 team. If anyone signs Wade to an offer sheet the Heat can match it. But if he wants to sign a qualifying offer after next yr it is a one yr deal worth $5.1 million. (Which would take Miamis cap to 43.1million With only 7 players signed) After the '08 season Wade would then become an unrestricted free agent.

If Wade wants to leave look for him to look for a S+T after this season. That would be the only way for Miami to get players or picks back.

junkifunki
06-13-2006, 09:43 PM
Wade isn't going anywhere. That's like Cleveland letting Lebron leave.. well actually that's a bad analogy.. because Bron really might leave Cleveland when his contract is up!

AKADS
06-13-2006, 09:45 PM
Look at what Wade will have after this yr and with his max deal Miami will be a borderline playoff team with aging stars.

And LeBron won't leave because He wants to play for one team and be the Greatest.

junkifunki
06-13-2006, 09:48 PM
Miami will do anything do keep Wade. You can be sure of it.

geeWiz15
06-13-2006, 09:48 PM
If Wade goes to the Magic you're looking at one of the greatest teams ever assembled, provided Darko continues to improve and they get Stan Van Gundy.

albertpujols
06-13-2006, 11:38 PM
I heard from a reliable source that he wants to return to Milwaukee, where he played his college career.

lol, funny.

DoubleTech
06-13-2006, 11:53 PM
If Wade goes to the Magic you're looking at one of the greatest teams ever assembled, provided Darko continues to improve and they get Stan Van Gundy.

why SVG?

Ricardo Tubbs
06-14-2006, 12:23 AM
Wade is not going to fcuking Toronto or Orlando or Cleveland or any other who-gives-a-crap team.

If he leaves, it'll be to Chicago. That's it. I'm not even being a homer, it's the place that just makes the most sense. If he goes to Chicago that Converse contract is immediately ripped up and he is gonna be a marquee Nike player. He'll be back home. He'll have a great young team around him.

It's the only option. And there's a pretty good chance of it happening, because Miami is gonna be in bad shape soon.

AKADS
06-14-2006, 12:27 AM
Wade is not going to fcuking Toronto or Orlando or Cleveland or any other who-gives-a-crap team.

If he leaves, it'll be to Chicago. That's it. I'm not even being a homer, it's the place that just makes the most sense. If he goes to Chicago that Converse contract is immediately ripped up and he is gonna be a marquee Nike player. He'll be back home. He'll have a great young team around him.

It's the only option. And there's a pretty good chance of it happening, because Miami is gonna be in bad shape soon.

Agree and The Bulls will be able to send players like Gordon and Deng or Nocioni or any of there young players is DWade demands a trade or doesnt sign a extension

Y2Gezee
06-14-2006, 05:26 AM
U people are wrong about this whole situation or atleast somewhat. The Heat will have a low post player who demands a double team that whole time. Whether Shaq is dominate or not, he will always beat one on one, because he's always gonna be too big even if he's 38. That double team is always gonna help the whole team, especially the one who always has the ball in Wade.

I think a Shaq that gets back to his normal minutes more than likely next year gets 22 and 10 (where he only got 30 minutes this year after hurting himself).

I think at worst in his last 2 years he's 17-18 and 9. That's as good a 2nd option as there is today, plus they should be able to get other things for Walker, Haslem (if need be), and Jwill is gone in 2 years (both of which he should be just as productive).

If Wade is the next Jordan he should be able to make that team competitive atleast the next 2 years. And then they can go and get more help when Shaq's off the books. Its not like Shaq's got a 7 year deal. If Shaq does become a 15 and 7 player thats still only like 2 years of not contending before you get a chance to make a splash in free agency. Wade has already had a blessed career being able to compete for titles just these last 2 years, thats better than some 30 year old superstars.

AKADS
06-14-2006, 05:37 AM
Shaq has 4 more seasons at 20 and Toine 3 more at 10ish. Add in Wades 15 and Haslems 6.5. That is 51.5 Million for 4 players. Toine Sucks right now wait till he gets older. Shaq will not demand a double after next season. Haslem is a good role player and maybe a 4th option.

Why wouldn't Wade just go to play for his hometown team.

Y2Gezee
06-14-2006, 05:46 AM
Shaq's gonna demand a double for atleast 2 more years easily. How couldn't he. Without double teams he's got no need for finesse moves and going straight power. He's not gonna be too old to take 2 dribbles and dunk on people for quite sometime. Like I said, he's always gonna be too strong or too tall and in 95% of the cases both.

BFRESH44
06-14-2006, 11:17 AM
This thread is just pointless talk, lol...

Dwyane Wade in a likelyhood will be signing an extension coming up mid July. I mean ya'll can't honestly thin Pat Riley is NOT going to get it done.

The extension will be done.

As will Lebrons....

As will Melos....

As will Chris Boshs...etc etc

As mentioned with restricted Free Agency in todays league, players dipping on their teams rarely happen now a days.

And enough about the salary cap already. Pat Riley has always shown that he can find away to aqcuire players with minumal room to move. He's done it time and time again. Just watch this off-season. The roster will be tweeked.

And let's not mention there IS YOUTH on the roster to work with. Dorell Wright and Wayne Simien, 2 young potent players who haven't even been incorporated in the system yet...

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
06-14-2006, 11:36 AM
.... because they suck

how much time has DAnderson saw? how much time has SAnderson saw?

i know it is a 8 man rotation, but comon....

they are the next preMagic Darkos.

and Shaq will not demand a double team as frequently.

if Jason Collins can put Shaq into foul trouble, a run of the mill center with decent defese should too.

BFRESH44
06-14-2006, 12:21 PM
i know it is a 8 man rotation, but comon....

"but comon" nothing... That's Pat Riley. He's always had a strict rotation come around this time.....

And with this particular type veteran laden team trying to WIN NOW. Obviously they're not going to see the time.

Dorell Wright is only 20 years old. A few teams have called up to offer a something veteran and a pick, and Riley has shot every offer down and labled Dorell untradeable on numerous occasions.

And Simen has seen spot minutes from some of this year as a 9th/10th man. And I fully expect him to be rotational player next year.

They def. don't "suck"...

And with Shaq, it's a wait a see ordeal. All I know is the so called "demise" of his production is exagerrated... The skills aren't diminishing, But the power because the power game is becomming absoulete in todays NBA. And with all the rule changes, the game is becomming much more perimeter orriented. But even will all that said, he's still going to be an effective player next year, and the year after that barring any serious injury...I don't think anybody can doubt that. Not the self proclamied "MDE" anymore, but he'll be the "SVE" (still very effective)...

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
06-14-2006, 12:25 PM
i want a snack.

Ricardo Tubbs
06-14-2006, 01:57 PM
Dorell Wright

Simen

They def. don't "suck"

They most definitely do suck. Apparently Simien sucks so much you don't even know to spell his name.

You're right though, why would Wade leave a Miami team that in 2007 will be older than any team in the league by far, have no capspace for years, no decent draft picks, no young prospects, and crappy bandwagon fans for a team that is in the city he grew up in, has substantially younger talent, has waaaaaaay better fans, and will probably get him several million more per year in endorsement money?

Yeah, he'd be an idiot to do that.

BFRESH44
06-14-2006, 02:08 PM
Hahaha, Ricardo Tubbs hopes Wade hopes comes home to Chi-town, sorry homey, doubt it happens

Oh and sorry about the misspelling of SimIen. But I mean it couldn't be a typo or anything, especially considering how I spelled it correct in the previous post. :rolleyes:

Again, with restricted Free Agency now a days, it's just not going to happen. I Never insinuated that he would "be an idiot to leave", either. And, Yes Chigaco does have the young and potent cast...But who cares. There's been no signs that Wade has hinted that he wants to leave. None at all.

And you can stress the cap space all you want, as I've said before Riley has made moves with minumal room to make before. It's just a wait and see type ordeal.

Endorsements? He's got Gatorade, Sean John, a Converse/Nike Inc. , Tops Sports Trading Cards under his blet now belt now....

And fans? Who gives a flying fucck about Fans. :roll:

SpLiTViZiOnZ
06-14-2006, 02:12 PM
many of the players he's playing with now will be even older (in fact, all of them will)

this may be the dumbest and most obvious comment I have ever seen in an article... that's like saying "the sky is blue"

Ricardo Tubbs
06-14-2006, 02:39 PM
And, Yes Chigaco does have the young and potent cast...But who cares.

Players who want to, you know, win, care.

And you can stress the cap space all you want, as I've said before Riley has made moves with minumal room to make before. It's just a wait and see type ordeal.

They won't have "minimal" cap room. They'll have NO cap room. Assuming about $20-25million is spent on filling the rest of the roster (with scrubs, most likely), they'll be in the $75-80million range. Is Arison really willing to pay $100million+(with luxury tax)? Now that's a real wait-and-see ordeal.

Endorsements? He's got Gatorade, Sean John, a Converse/Nike Inc. , Tops Sports Trading Cards under his blet now belt now

Gatorade and Nike would both give him way more money for being in a bigger market. Especially Nike. How much you think Converse brand contracts go for? Nothing compared to Nike. Wade in Chicago=Kobe, almost LeBron money.

And fans? Who gives a flying fucck about Fans.

Not Miami, that's for damn sure.

Simply put, there is no logical reason for Wade to stay in Miami instead of Chicago or, what the hell, Dallas, Charlotte or Orlando. Chicago has the most logical reasons for him to go, though, which is why it makes the most sense.

If Wade stays in Miami, it will only be for illogical reasons. Which is certainly possible.

geeWiz15
06-14-2006, 02:52 PM
Dorrell has a shot but Simien is trash.

why SVG?
Becaues he's a great coach, coaching is Magic's biggest flaw, and SVG has coached Wade + awesome big man combo before. And I happen to believe he's a top 10 coach at worst.

DoubleTech
06-14-2006, 03:25 PM
Becaues he's a great coach, coaching is Magic's biggest flaw, and SVG has coached Wade + awesome big man combo before. And I happen to believe he's a top 10 coach at worst.

do you believe there is some sort of conspiracy happening where dwade will go to orlando with svg, then shaq will retire and buy the magic? He'll become the GM, and the president and when wade and howard win a title, he'll say he's the first person to win a title as a player, gm and an owner.

you heard it here first.

BFRESH44
06-14-2006, 03:39 PM
Players who want to, you know, win, care.

If Wade stays in Miami, it will only be for illogical reasons. Which is certainly possible.

Illogical? :roll::roll: :roll:

Why can't he win in Miami...?

Just please, explain to ME why he cannot win in Miami?

God, dudes act like after this year, Miami outside of Dwyane Wade is going to turn into fuccking mush. :roll:

THE MIAMI HEAT ARE CURRENTLY IN THE NBA FINALS, Homey....

And The East is not shaping out to match the West as far as a powerhouse conference quite yet either...

They won't have "minimal" cap room. They'll have NO cap room. Assuming about $20-25million is spent on filling the rest of the roster (with scrubs, most likely), they'll be in the $75-80million range. Is Arison really willing to pay $100million+(with luxury tax)? Now that's a real wait-and-see ordeal.

Cap room...Cap room...Cap room.

Look at the NBA Payrolls homey, how many teams who are under the cap are contending? In this day and age, it's all about the big spenders.

And hell, with the profitable revenue that Arrisson been making off these last 2 years since Shaq got traded down here(A 50% increase in overall franchise vaule), he might just be willing to be Mark Cuban-esque as far spending is concerned.

LMAO, Cap-space is one of the most overrated assests a team can have. In todays league, The most you can add in FA with some cap space is a couple of "good players" like a Larry hughes, But even then when realization sets, you end overpaying for that particular player. You can't land a young bonafide star in todays league(through Free Agency) because of Restriced Free Agency/Bird Rights, and the players respective teams obviously can give that particular player the most guaranteed finacial security.

As far as Heat capspace. Ok, Cap is pretty much locked up until Shaq is gone. OK: In other words, he'll(Wade) will have a top 2-3 center for the next 3-4 years. Whenever Shaq does call it a career, the Heat will have 20 million free+ to sign some FA's. And for the next 3-4 years while Shaq is still in Miami they can sign and take risk on a couple young cheap up and comers with the MLE as well as draft young pieces with late 1st rounders. Not to mention Riley's innate ability to find hidden gems (Just to name a few: Mike James, Ike Austin, Udonis Haslem, Bruce Bowen, etc.) The Heat has as good of a future as anyone, and Wade is a pretty much lock to sign.

Truth be told, I don't even no why I'm debating this. This whole thread is nothing but a bunch of unsubstantiated gossip.

BFRESH44
06-14-2006, 03:44 PM
Dorrell has a shot but Simien is trash.

And just what has lead you to form that opinion on the dude?

AKADS
06-14-2006, 05:44 PM
BFresh Who is goin to be the coach of the Heat after this/next season.
Who is goin to want sign with the Heat. Why would Wade stay.

And I am not asking for what you want to happen but why would he stay in a orginization that has bad fans, horrible cap room, Toine signed for 10 million, And no real shot at a championship after next yr.

usama123
06-14-2006, 08:31 PM
go to philly

(i wish)

SmokyMcNasty
06-14-2006, 09:44 PM
Simien is legit. Just because you went to NBA.com and saw that he averages like 2 points a game doesn't mean you're an expert on his game. You probably haven't even seen him play.. He's a good face-the-basket player. Good range out to 20 feet and he's a great rebounder, especially offensive boards.. takes charges.. he's almost a Haslem clone if you will. He doesn't get any minutes behind a frontcourt of Shaq, Haslem, and Zo. Not many rookie PF's would....

BFRESH44
06-14-2006, 09:59 PM
Exactly, and I don't now how you can call dude straight up "garbage".

If you seen him, you know the dude can play. I mean he's last year at KU he put 20/10 and was the Big 12 Player of the year. He hasn't got any shine outside of spot minutes as a 9th/10th man. He plays very Udonis-esque, He's got a pretty decent offensive skillset with back to the basket and face up game (he has a money midrage).

BFresh Who is goin to be the coach of the Heat after this/next season.
Uh...Pat Riley.

He signed an extension earlier this year as President/Coach. And has already stated that he'll return to coach next year...

Who is goin to want sign with the Heat.

Who knows?

Why would Wade stay.
LMAO. Why wouldn't he stay? Ya'll are stressing this **** to the max man. :roll:

He loves the city. His teammates. And the organization.

Any rational person has to be inclined to believe he will stay, and financial security is huge, and the heat can provide it to him first. Ya'll honestly think he's going to say no to a max extension?

but why would he stay in a organization that has bad fans, horrible cap room, ‘Toine signed for 10 million, And no real shot at a championship after next yr.
Number 1: Who the ***** cares about Fans? :confusedshrug:

And even with that, for you’re information, the dude is adored down here. He’s got potential to match the popularity of what Dan Marino generated as a South Florida Sports Icon. And for what is BIG football town, that's saying something...

Number 2. Why are you constantly stressing this cap bull*****. Yes the Miami Heat are over the cap, but FA agency is not the only way you can in which you acquire players. But even with being over the cap, there is always MLE, LLE, and of course drafts picks/sign a trades for exp. contracts etc etc.

Number 3. Antoine Walker is NOT signed for 10 million per figure. I don't know where you getting that from.

'Toine was signed last off-season for what really was a 4 year 32 million contract. He's made a 7 million figure this year, he'll be making 7.5 million figure next year, 8 million figure next years, and 9 million the following. Then after that, there is team option after the 08/09 season which obviously will be exercised. The last 2 years of that deal is NOT guaranteed.

And no real shot at a championship after next yr.
Cleo?

Who in the East is going to improve THAT much next year? And do you really believe the Heat are going to fall off that much after this year, considering they did make the Finals and pretty much got thru rather easily?

I mean am I wrong to be inclined to believe that this current squad/core still has at least a couple years of a some good run left in them?

Shaq's still going to be an effective player and the by all means most likely the best center in the league next year. :rolleyes:

Antoine Walker and James Posey are only 29.(while the general consensus on here about Walker, is that he flat out sucks. But I mean, the dude has fit into his role as a supporting player well down the stretch, and I'd assume he is going to more comfortable next year)...

J-Will is 30...And he's had career best and most efficient year offensively this season.

Zo and Payton are getting ready to throw it in, and they are going to replaced by some capable back-ups at those respective posistions.

And again, the the Heat's past 2 1st round draft choices, haven't been incorporated into the equation yet.

I mean it's like you're insinuating that's it's gloom and doom from this point out for Dwyane Wade’s future in the Miami and it's just not the case...You simply cannot provide that as fact.

It's a wait and see ordeal. Point. Blank. Period.

But whatever, I let ya'll dudes speculate. That's what this board is for :rockon:

I don't really care. As I stated:

I don't even know why I'm debating this. This whole thread is nothing but a bunch of unsubstantiated gossip.

EB best in LA
06-15-2006, 12:00 AM
clippers should get him
pg:cassel/livingston
sg:wade
sf:maggette
pf:EB
c: kaman

HALLandOATES
06-15-2006, 12:05 AM
Simien isnt trash, have any of you actually seen him play?

AKADS
06-15-2006, 12:20 AM
If/When DWade signs an extention IMO the Heat should find a big man who can learn and work with Shaq to develope his game.

I do think its a 90% chance Wade will resign but its fun to talk about the what ifs. Hell nothing else goin on right now.

Milkman
06-15-2006, 03:49 AM
Darko / Battie
Dwight / Sheldon Williams (11th Pick)
Hedu / Ariza
Wade / Stevenson
Jameer /Arroyo

Holy **** league look out.
ill team

AKADS
11-24-2006, 07:55 AM
Look at what Wade will have after this yr and with his max deal Miami will be a borderline playoff team with aging stars.
I told you all Miami wasn't goin to be that good.

browntown
11-24-2006, 10:28 AM
Lol you love brigning back old topics.

asd
11-24-2006, 10:54 AM
nj sends carter to miami for wade...

rumors state that carter wants to be down south, possible in nj...

both teams lose a great swingman for another great swingman...

lakers-city
11-24-2006, 10:57 AM
wade is better than carter, why would the heat do that ? carter hasnt achieved anything in his career...except for the slam-dunk contest.

asd
11-24-2006, 11:18 AM
wade is better than carter, why would the heat do that ? carter hasnt achieved anything in his career...except for the slam-dunk contest.

carter and shaq haven't achieved anything, unlike wade, so in that sense, you're right. plus, wade has speed on carter, but carter has a better shot and more height.

lakers-city
11-24-2006, 11:20 AM
you mean 14 ppg shaq ? im sure carter has played with other guys who averaged what shaq did in the last finals, also wade is infinitely more clutch than carter, when has carter had a playoffs run like wade did ? i dont mean winning more games i mean individually.

asd
11-24-2006, 11:27 AM
you mean 14 ppg shaq ? im sure carter has played with other guys who averaged what shaq did in the last finals, also wade is infinitely more clutch than carter, when has carter had a playoffs run like wade did ? i dont mean winning more games i mean individually.

hmm...that's a good point there..we all know that wade would have still won the championship w/the likes of centers such as jason collins and keon clark...

lakers-city
11-24-2006, 11:29 AM
maybe you didnt read, i said when did carter have an individual playoffs run as good as wade ? did he ever ? i dont care if he was sweapt in the 1st round all i care is to see if he ever averaged 30 ppg in the playoffs while hitting clutch shot after clutch shot after clutch shot the way wade did, unless of course you think wade was clutch because shaq was his team mate :rolleyes:

asd
11-24-2006, 11:35 AM
you mean 14 ppg shaq ? im sure carter has played with other guys who averaged what shaq did in the last finals, also wade is infinitely more clutch than carter,

undermining 14 ppg shaq was your first point.
so, yes, i did read what you wrote. did you?

when has carter had a playoffs run like wade did ? i dont mean winning more games i mean individually.

and when has carter played with shaq in the playoffs. wade has done all of these things, but done it with the help of people who clog up the paint.

MaxFly
11-24-2006, 11:58 AM
Miami would trade Shaq long before they trade D. Wade or allow him to walk.

MadeFromDust
11-24-2006, 12:13 PM
But don't put it past Pat Riley to figure out how to surround Wade with the right players. Riles knoes that the best way to do this is to move him to the SuperSpurs. Riles loves the Spurs.

-I am a changed man.

DeuceWallaces
11-24-2006, 12:48 PM
I doubt he's enjoying his preview of a Shaq-less team.

adamcz
11-24-2006, 01:47 PM
Here's a NJ/Miami trade that is trade checker approved.

Miami trades: Wade, Williams, Posey, Haslem, Doleac
NJ trades: Carter, Jefferson, Williams, Boone

Miami's new lineup:

Marcus Williams/Gary Payton
Vince Carter
Richard Jefferson/Dorell Wright
Antoine Walker/Josh Boone
Shaq/Zo

New Jersey:

Kidd
Wade
Posey
Haslem
Krstic

By the time Wade's renewal comes around, Kidd, Doleac and Posey will be off the books. If they plan efficiently, they could make room for Lebron.

geeWiz15
11-24-2006, 01:52 PM
if Wade leaves to go to either the Bulls or the Magic, both teams have a chance to be among the best teams in NBA history.

Hinrich/Duhon
Wade/Gordon
Deng/Noc
draft pick
Wallace/PJB

Nelson/Arroyo
Wade/JJ
Pedo/Hill
Howard/
Darko/Battie

305Baller
11-24-2006, 02:00 PM
The future of the Heat is Wade, Haslem, Wright, Walker, JDub....

They need to make it easy for Wade to stay, build a nice squad....

In conclusion:
He's not going anywhere if the Heat have anything to do with it. They need to remember the "Shaq in Orlando" situation and make him want to stay. Wade is too good too let leave for nothing.

pass the j

geeWiz15
11-24-2006, 02:44 PM
what can they get for Shaq?

Melo
11-24-2006, 03:24 PM
He should go to Orlando
Wade + Dwight = Champs

Penny and Shaq all over again

AKA AAP
11-24-2006, 03:43 PM
Are Lakers fans the only ones who realized that you have to look at the Shaq trade in terms of the long term cap implications for Miami?

Let's analyze the trade, both short term and long term.

Short Term

Lakers receives:

-Guaranteed mediocre years, and a questionable playoff team with first round exits.

-A 2-19 Kobe led finish to miss the playoffs.
-A game 7 quitter to exit the first round of the playoffs.

Miami receives:

-Instant title contenders.

-A trip to the ECF, only to be unlucky and have both Shaq and Wade hurt.
-A National Basketball Association Championship.

Long Term

Lakers receives:

-A team without an identity, and with a lot of question marks. A team that needs a true leader, and a #1 option to make Kobe anti-clutch Bryant the #2 option. How many players will Kobe run out? Will Kobe cancer Bryant dismantle the team again?

Miami receives:

-When Shaq leaves, a ton of salary off the books to help lure in big free agents to play along side Dwyane Finals MVP Wade. During his time with O'neal, he builds a highly respected rapport among the league. Wade is known as a true leader, and not a cancer.

Laker Logic
11-24-2006, 04:48 PM
They took on a long term contract for a short term shot. So this is year 2 of thier 3 year window, correct? I said at the time of the trade that I could see the logic of a ringless team like Miami paying through the nose for a chance to sniff the trophy. But as Miami is now learning, just being in the Finals is still a looonong way from bringing the trophy home. The Heat might make the ECF for three more years, but if you think they're going to get any closer to the chip than they are right now, you're delusional.

Lakers took the short term hit in so-so players for the long term cap flexibility that dumping the contract of a quickly aging Shaq provided.

I still stand by every part of this post...except the bolded part. I'll admit I kinda got owned on that. :hammerhead:

Ancient Legend
11-19-2010, 01:17 PM
Newsday.com (http://www.newsday.com/sports/columnists/ny-spflash114777781jun11,0,7093085,print.column?coll= ny-sports-columnists)

Wade to go

Word's going around NBA circles that Dwyane Wade may not stick around past the two more years of his contract in that many of the players he's playing with now will be even older (in fact, all of them will). But don't put it past Pat Riley to figure out how to surround Wade with the right players.

Bump.

And so... 4 years later, that's just what Riley did.

ZeN
11-19-2010, 01:22 PM
Im sure about 'the right players' part but he did get some talent.. :oldlol:

BFRESH44
11-19-2010, 01:26 PM
Hilarious bump. Crazy this is a 4 year old thread.

I really hyped up Wayne bleeping Simien. :facepalm :oldlol:

Otherwise, I was spot on...:oldlol:

thejusman1
11-19-2010, 01:27 PM
How do you bump this thread and not change the title? Mod should lock this.

KissMySwag
11-19-2010, 01:29 PM
Heat fans gettin scared :roll:

crisoner
11-19-2010, 02:07 PM
This thread had me confused for a second till I saw the date.

Ancient Legend
11-19-2010, 02:34 PM

Well turns out they got the money for LeBron AND Bosh.

Wade isn't going anywhere. That's like Cleveland letting Lebron leave.. well actually that's a bad analogy.. because Bron really might leave Cleveland when his contract is up!

Genius!

Papaya Petee
11-19-2010, 04:17 PM
Is a potential 2009-2010 wade + lebron duo > jordan + pippen?
:roll: :roll:

The_Yearning
11-19-2010, 04:25 PM
Gotta give it up to Riley...the man with the patience, virtue, and vision.

TonyJones
11-19-2010, 05:03 PM

Looks like it went down differently than you expected huh? :oldlol:

OMG its McLovin
11-19-2010, 05:10 PM
Why was this bumped? Should be locked because this will scare the shit out of many heat fans.

Hagbard
11-19-2010, 05:17 PM
:facepalm

HiphopRelated
11-19-2010, 05:53 PM
Heat fans gettin scared :roll:
anybody with common sense knew it was an old thread...how old was the only question